PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach 266 Review by Gigantor21

gigantor21
March 11, 2007, 12:53 PM
(Sorry for the late post. I was dead tired when I got home because I couldn’t sleep on the bus, and my external hard-drive (with all my manga and stuff) doesn’t work on the home computer, so I couldn’t finish scanlating the chapter.)

266. Hide Away From The Sun

Like most recent Bleach chapters, this one was good—but for a very different reason.

This chapter was, like the ones in Tres Cirfcas mini-arc, devoted entirely to the fight between Rukia and her designated opponent, but there were two key differences that made it much better than any of those fights. Firstly, the fact that A’Roniro’s fighting style and use of Nejibana was exactly the same as Kaien’s gave more credence to the idea that he’s at least partly Kaien. That in and of itself makes him WAY more relevant than any of the Privaron, story-wise, as he has a very important connection to Rukia.

The second difference is that the fighting in this chapter was actually exciting.

Nejibana and its powers were a sight to behold, to say the very least. The grace and poise with which A’Roniro used Nejibana really impressed me, which was in no small part because of how well Kubo portrayed Kaien’s style visually. Just as impressive was seeing Rukia’s deft use of Kidou and Bakudou in order to trap A’Roniro under the sunlight. Being impressed by how intelligently a character fights has been very rare for me in this arc--the only other cases were when Ishida used Seelen Schneider against Chirucchi back in 258, and when Ikakku fought Eduardo in 203.

Needless to say, A’Roniro’s real appearance creeped me the fuck out, and explained why he would wear a mask and live in darkness. Who’d want to be seen like that?

More importantly, it brought up new questions in regards to his identity, as we now know that he’s a single body with 2 minds and personalities. So how did they coordinate their act so well when we thought they were a mix of Kaien and someone else, or just a new Hollow entirely? What is the body supposed to be made of? How do they control it? And if one is Kaien, then would the other be the Hollow? And just how the fuck did they end up like that, anyway?

In any event, I’m really impressed with how Kubo has hooked us so well with this. I really want to see what happens next.

Rating – 4.5 out of 5

sahugani
March 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
glad to see you're back and great review. the use of Nejibana was indeed beautiful. If the anime can do to that scene what it did for Ikkaku's fight, it will most definately be the most beautiful scene in Bleach ever. regarding the heads in the jar, i'm really unsure of what to think of them at this point. Logically it sould be that one head is Kaien's and the other is the hollows, but it seems that the seperation did not go so well. i really need an explanation from Kubo next week

Quartz-pebble
March 11, 2007, 02:43 PM
Very good review. I must say, I have to take back anything negative I've said concerning Rukia's fighting ability. She's much more powerful and skilled then I've been led to believe.

I love No.9, and I'm hoping for some back story in the coming chapter/s.

gigantor21
March 11, 2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

glad to see you're back and great review. the use of Nejibana was indeed beautiful. If the anime can do to that scene what it did for Ikkaku's fight, it will most definately be the most beautiful scene in Bleach ever. regarding the heads in the jar, i'm really unsure of what to think of them at this point. Logically it sould be that one head is Kaien's and the other is the hollows, but it seems that the seperation did not go so well. i really need an explanation from Kubo next week

If this part of the fight was animated the same was as Ikkaku vs. Eduardo, then I could definitely see it as being THE best scene in the anime, hands down. I totally agree with you on that.

As to A'Roniro's identity, I'm sure Kubo will explain it eventually--but if one of the heads is Kaien, then I sincerely doubt it'll be anytime soon. I don't think that Rukia's going to be able to beat him here, if that's the case.

Very good review. I must say, I have to take back anything negative I've said concerning Rukia's fighting ability. She's much more powerful and skilled then I've been led to believe.

I love No.9, and I'm hoping for some back story in the coming chapter/s.

Yeah, seriously--Rukia was awesome in this chapter. I'm really glad to see that she's so well-rounded--to the point that she can fight without a Zanpakuto. It's a very refreshing change.

kiddo7
March 11, 2007, 04:52 PM
I don't know if I am alone on this one but i am pretty much convinced that kubo will leave us hanging on the questions regarding how a'roniro got his two heads and why they are suspended in a jar.
It just seams like something he would do.

Quartz-pebble
March 11, 2007, 07:33 PM
I don't know if I am alone on this one but i am pretty much convinced that kubo will leave us hanging on the questions regarding how a'roniro got his two heads and why they are suspended in a jar.

Actually, that's one of my main peeves with Naruto. Characters rarely get backstory, if at all. I haven't noticed as much in Bleach.

juUnior
March 12, 2007, 06:41 AM
I really agree, the fight is really beatiful if I would say, and Kaien style, even it it was introduced by this Espada, was shown to us quite clearly. Also, Rukia and her kidou spells - it was fantasitc. She sure resembles her Brother hiehie Kuchiki family :D I liked how he trapped Arroniro in that spell, which Byakuya did to Renji if I remmebr correctly ^^

i really need an explanation from Kubo next week

Me too xD But:

If something like that happen, it would be dissapointing ^^"

gigantor21
March 12, 2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah, this is a plot point that is too important (and fucking weird) for Kubo not to explain. I mean, if it is Kaien, then it just wouldn't be fair to us if he didn't tell us what happened.

But then again, I can see where kiddo7 is coming from. We didn't get any explanation of Komamura's fox-head, nor did we get to see the exact point in Ichigo's training when he got Bankai. I really hope that Kubo doesn't leave us hanging like that again.

Quartz-pebble
March 12, 2007, 10:58 AM
We didn't get any explanation of Komamura's fox-head

Lol, I completely forgot about that one. He's a captain, too.

gigantor21
March 12, 2007, 11:06 AM
Lol, I completely forgot about that one. He's a captain, too.

I know, right? Geez...you can't just throw that in without an explanation, Kubo! Goddamn it!

He'd better not try pulling the same thing this time, or I'll be very upset.

dfcarolinaguy
March 15, 2007, 03:45 PM
I finally got to read your review lol, but that was great review again gigantor

Quartz-pebble
March 16, 2007, 09:08 AM
I know, right? Geez...you can't just throw that in without an explanation, Kubo! Goddamn it!

He'd better not try pulling the same thing this time, or I'll be very upset.

Yeah, but to be fair, we don't know a whole lot about most of the captains. Kenpachi was just a bloodthirsty hobo, and really, that's all you need to know. I'd like to see how he became captain, though.

gigantor21
March 16, 2007, 12:16 PM
Kenpachi was just a bloodthirsty hobo, and really, that's all you need to know.

HILARIOUS. I'm putting this in my signature.

I'd like to see how he became captain, though.

Well, they already told us during his fight with Tousen that he killed the previous captain in an official fight in front of the division, which is one of three ways to become a captain. They made one of the filler characters a member of the 11th division under that captain, who wanted revenge on Zaraki for killing him.

I'd love to find out how each current captain got their rank and where they were before they were captains, especially Yamamoto (since he's the oldest and has the least backstory). But that's probably never gonna happen...hopefully, I won't be able to say the same about A'Roniro.

Quartz-pebble
March 17, 2007, 11:14 PM
Ah, I haven't read the soul society arc since June, I think. Alot of details are kinda fuzzy. XD