PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 268 Discussion [Bleach]

bax
March 17, 2007, 01:00 AM
Woooo! Bleach chapter 268 is out. You can find everything here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10596)

yanniv
March 18, 2007, 12:37 AM
I think we are going to have a quick touch up on the outcome of Aaroniero vs. Rukia showdown.
I also do think we will see Renji and Zael continue their fight between each other.

Possibly we will see Noitora and/or Ichigo/Uryuu. I'm hoping for something new besides the Renji vs. Zael battle.

Serpent
March 18, 2007, 11:22 AM
Rukia going bankai is very possible but still i'd rather see Kaien spirit awaken and give Rukia some motivation , maybe hold back some of Aluleri's power so that Rukia could finish him of .
And i think were going to see some Noitora stuff

Gorzka
March 18, 2007, 12:49 PM
Rukia going bankai is very possible

Her Zanpakuto got broke how could she possible go bankai ?

Someone is going to help here out . Ichigo did it once,Byakauya also so it's time for someone else:)

Maybe Inoue will show us here new power - healing out of a distance muahaha :D

JP_Gamer
March 18, 2007, 01:40 PM
I think the next chapter will just end rukia's fight like what happened after chad lost and maybe go back to renji's fight the only thing i wonder about is the person that appeared at the very end because it looks like they were wearing the 13th division lieutenants bagde

Serpent
March 18, 2007, 01:40 PM

Well Ikkaku went banaki with his zanpakuto broken so it's possible.
I don't really want her to be helped she should finish this by herself

yanniv
March 18, 2007, 01:43 PM
I think the next chapter will just end rukia's fight like what happened after chad lost and maybe go back to renji's fight the only thing i wonder about is the person that appeared at the very end because it looks like they were wearing the 13th division lieutenants bagde

It was her (Rukia) memory of Kaien-dono as a lieutenant.

Silhouette
March 19, 2007, 12:09 AM
I am guessing we won't see a conclusion to Rukia's "fight" just like Sado
Renji will continue his fight with Zaer in the next chapter, Since Renji can't use bankai, he will have to fight with shikai only....I also hope that egg-head hollow will be of some use

totalabsolute
March 19, 2007, 11:44 AM
If rukia dies, ichigo is going to go nuts on everybody, im sorry but no one is going to be able to stop him in that damn place, hes resolve will to kill every damn body, hell prolly like embrace the hollow fully or some crazy stuff, its going to be like ssj8 or some bullshit.

hhv94
March 19, 2007, 12:06 PM
Such an evil little cliffhanger at the end were it looks like thats it. It be repetitive if it ended the way chad's fight did. I am curiouse to see whether Kaien's soul comes out since its inside the 9th espada's body. Cant wait for the next chapter. :)

yanniv
March 19, 2007, 12:41 PM
Hopefully Kubo doesn't go the route of a "filler" like chapter with a story background on Rukia and Kaien. I want to continue with more fighting.

coco2576
March 19, 2007, 05:41 PM
does Rukia even have a bankai? is true should could be a seated officer but she's not at the level of a vice captain, and that Arankar or what ever was very weak and she had a special Zanpakto, so how could she have a bankai?

dfcarolinaguy
March 19, 2007, 08:23 PM
Actually rukia could be a vice captain because she has the inital release (that why her zanpakto is white), and their is a slight possibility that she has a bankai, but I doubt it. Anyways my prediction is that Renji and Apollo fight will begin

kazekage_shinagami
March 19, 2007, 11:09 PM
True that Rukia "could" be a vice captain, but it's not very likely. Plus the picture of the person with the vice captain arm band is to masculine and has different hair style to Rukia.
So it will probably be a quick flash back and then when you think some good is going to happen the story will jump back to Renji.

ryderdm3
March 19, 2007, 11:28 PM
Yo, it's been a while.

I agree with many of you in that things will wrap up on rukia's end. She'll be defeated but still alive. Ichigo/Ishida will sense it. The scene will go back to Renji who is nearly defeated and that will be all for this week.

Salt
March 20, 2007, 06:35 AM
Rukia will be saved again! Rukia's reiatsu shouldn't be significant enough to catch Noitora's attention. Who will come to Rukia's aid of what seems to be imminent death? Tune in a few days for Bleach chapter 268!

Well it was pretty obvious hint from Kubo. So I wouldn't doubt her being saved once again.

nell
March 20, 2007, 07:24 AM
Rukia will be saved again! Rukia's reiatsu shouldn't be significant enough to catch Noitora's attention. Who will come to Rukia's aid of what seems to be imminent death? Tune in a few days for Bleach chapter 268!

Well it was pretty obvious hint from Kubo. So I wouldn't doubt her being saved once again.

Actually her reiatsu did get Noitarra's attention and he was pissed of because Aarnilo had reached her first. So, he targeted someone else who still is a mystery but most likely Ichigo. (see ch 263 p05, accoding to Ju-Ni release)

bulten
March 20, 2007, 07:49 AM
Yo, it's been a while.

I agree with many of you in that things will wrap up on rukia's end. She'll be defeated but still alive. Ichigo/Ishida will sense it. The scene will go back to Renji who is nearly defeated and that will be all for this week.

This is what will most likely happen. We've seen it before so I hope Kubo will come up with something a bit more original.

blueangelx
March 20, 2007, 09:49 AM
well... that has been the style of kubo for like all the fights... no one dies, always a way out... but that just makes me think that one should anticipate for a major character dying very soon. this part about rukia getting skewered really fits the bill... of course i'll rather not have it that way... but u know... i'm always afraid kubo will pull a dreaded one on us...

dfcarolinaguy
March 20, 2007, 10:44 AM
Okay, I just got finished reading some of the other bleach chapters, and I am convinced the guy who defeated chad will come to the aid of Rukia and kill A'ronrio.

Juhdi91
March 20, 2007, 02:20 PM

Someone is going to help here out . Ichigo did it once,Byakauya also so it's time for someone else:)

Maybe Inoue will show us here new power - healing out of a distance muahaha :D
Has anyone else thought that Inoue's "healing" powers, which returns stuff to their previous state, could bring back the number 9 espada to its previous state where it hasn't eaten any hollows yet?

im thinking that rukia will be somehow saved in the next chapter, Main character dying in a battle like that doesnt fit :P

First post btw, nice to be on the boards ;)

venicia777
March 21, 2007, 05:18 AM
Has anyone else thought that Inoue's "healing" powers, which returns stuff to their previous state, could bring back the number 9 espada to its previous state where it hasn't eaten any hollows yet?

im thinking that rukia will be somehow saved in the next chapter, Main character dying in a battle like that doesnt fit :P

First post btw, nice to be on the boards ;)

Nice argument. but I cant help it that it seems there is a flaw in it. if you go on that tangent-- then we can also argue that she could bring almost anything to an original state. Almost anything (except maybe the dead).

about Rukia-- i am wondering who will be going to save her. Renji- no. sado no. uryuu & kurosaki-- maybe if their paths cross (where is the mischievous gin) .

i just want her saved. and her sword is broken. Now who was the guy in the last frame of the last chapter. He gives me a glimmer of hope. Is SS bringing aid or something

Yachiruchan
March 21, 2007, 07:45 AM
i just want her saved. and her sword is broken. Now who was the guy in the last frame of the last chapter. He gives me a glimmer of hope. Is SS bringing aid or something

I'm 100% sure that that is Kaien in the last panel. It might lead to a flashback, or maybe its just for us to see what Rukia was thinking about when she was saying "good-bye".

I'd much rather Rukia fought her way out but just as long as she's alive I'll settle for her being rescued!

nippyer
March 21, 2007, 06:16 PM
Remember that ichigos sword was broken once? Remember how he got it back as a shikai? Well Rukias sword was broken during shikai, so it might be brought back as a Bankai. Shes not gonna die from that stab either. She was stabbed before by Grimjaw and survived ( But that was becuase inoue healed her, but shell still live for a while longer. She wont die instantly.)

Anyway my Prediction XD

Rukia will go into her "zone" and see sode no shirayuki. They will talk for a bit and Rukia will come back and say something like "that wont be enough to kill me". Then It will go onto Renji and Grantz. Renji is really tired but continues fighting. Then some talking beetween the two. Grantz says this is a waste of time and charges in for the kill.

ginousuke
March 22, 2007, 09:12 PM
The RAW is out.
Nice chapter, especially with the flash back of Kaien and Rukia.
It's not confirmed that Arroniro is dead, though the tank was destroyed.

Silhouette
March 22, 2007, 10:17 PM
This is the first time ever I enjoyed a flashback in any manga. Kubo-sensie has done a wonderful job with the drawing. The more we get to know about Kaien the more we know why he used to be such a charming character.

like ginousuke said above, the ending doesn't really mean Espada 9 was beaten. But still, Rukia was very lucky because Aero was very careless. Hopefully, Aero is like an Anaconda, huge and very powerful but a hit to the head can be fatal.

Even if Espada 9 is disabled or killed, this won't be enough to save -the heavely wounded- Rukia

shahrizal85
March 22, 2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah, way to go, Rukia. Finally we can see Rukia performing. She is always the beaten up character. But I wonder if that would kill the espada. Yeah, Rukia is wounded too badly. She could lose her life. But I think she is one of the character that Kubo didn't want to kill.

Jannic
March 22, 2007, 11:22 PM
Meh, no way Rukia dies, too much invested in the Ichigo-Rukia-Inoue love triangle thing for it to just resolve either into "I guess I go for the alive girl" or the "You'll never live up to the dead Rukia" clich

Hitsugaya_333
March 22, 2007, 11:25 PM
Quick question: can someone translate this into English so I can put it up on Wikipedia?

Edit: It's this chapter's title.

君 死にたもうこと勿れ

Nhudie
March 22, 2007, 11:53 PM
Don't read bleach discussions much so don't kill me if its been said...But anyone think Kaien could be related to Ichigo. Ichigo's dad was a death god so its possible he had a son there. Name's don't matter cause Ichigo's dad could most likely have changed it. Just a thought.

notBowen
March 23, 2007, 01:00 AM
That shot on page 5 is beautiful, Kubo did a really great job on the art this chapter.

Silhouette
March 23, 2007, 03:29 AM
Don't read bleach discussions much so don't kill me if its been said...But anyone think Kaien could be related to Ichigo. Ichigo's dad was a death god so its possible he had a son there. Name's don't matter cause Ichigo's dad could most likely have changed it. Just a thought.

The background of Ichigo's dad (Isshin), Urahara and Yoruichi is still unknown.
You're not the first one to make such assumption though. In my own opinion, Isshin isn't related to Kaien but you can read more detailed discussions about this issue in the bleach bibliotica in this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8630) and a whole a lot more theories Here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6569)

theshizzle
March 23, 2007, 05:53 AM
That shot on page 5 is beautiful, Kubo did a really great job on the art this chapter.

i agree

destinator
March 23, 2007, 03:45 PM

Was my first thought on the page too. Really liked that.

kingfencer
March 23, 2007, 05:34 PM
... sad... rukia has killed 2 arancars now and she can't even use bankai...

Lohnt
March 23, 2007, 07:42 PM
Didn't you pay attention to the flashback? She stated she was never very good with her Zanpaktou, her skills excelled in the demon arts, she doesn't need Bankai, she wins through strategy/skill instead.

ForteAnly
March 24, 2007, 05:11 PM
She was not good with her Zanpaktou back then nowadays she slightly more profficient with it. She able to use three different moves with her Zanpaktou. So far we have only seen two abilities on a Zanpaktou a good example Benihime and Suzumoshi they have two different commands. Still pretty impressive that Rukia could do that without having Bankai.

hhv94
March 25, 2007, 10:43 AM
Such a melancholy chapter in a way though, shows how much Kaien realy meant to her. She realy has improved with the use of her sword though, I belive in time she can probably reach bankai. The fact that she was able to use her sword even while being stabbed pretty much gives me that impression. And yes shes very skillfull in other areas and analytical skills are excellent. Rukia truly ROCKED in this chapter! You go girl! :)

notBowen
March 25, 2007, 10:48 PM
I don't know, the Rukia Kaien thing never really got me down because Rukia's excessive guilt is just so ridiculous. What happened was very clearly not her fault.

shahrizal85
March 25, 2007, 11:57 PM
But to make Rukia going through all this way to meet the hollow that has connection with Kaien could be called fate.

Yeah, this chapter is just great. The flashback is great too.

ninetailfox84
March 26, 2007, 11:33 PM
i dont know, something is missing there.
i dont feel the sadness or anything while reading this chapter.
its just a decent chapter, not too great in my opinion. :s

nell
March 27, 2007, 08:42 AM
I think it is about to like Rukia or not to like her, because personally I think, this mini Rukia arc was one of the most exciting battles. Every single week during this fight, most of us produced tons of theories, every week we thought that we found the answer until the next week came and disproved our theories and forced to make ones XD I really find this funny and exciting. And like ch268 title says, you shall/must not die, and I agree with KT.

kingfencer
March 28, 2007, 06:09 PM
its so hard to kill off a character in bleach. I don't think anyone is dead.