PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 269 Discussion [Bleach]

Tamerlane
March 22, 2007, 08:30 PM
Well with the latest chapter out here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=340714#post340714) it is time to make some predictions on what you think is going to happen next.

I think that with Rukia being wounded the way that she is I am sure that the next chapter is going to focus more on her and how she handles the aftermath of the battle. From there I see it switching over to Renji and his fight.

Not a very exciting prediction though is it? Maybe someone else can come up with something a bit more creative. =3

Predict away!

Cyven
March 22, 2007, 09:30 PM
well seeing as her opponent has 2 heads, not just 1, there is also a chance that he survived this blow because the other head is still intact... In which case Rukia-chan is... well... screwed.

ANBU4U
March 22, 2007, 10:52 PM
A fairly useless third dance so far as I can tell....unless it doesn something more than weve seen...like freeze everything it touches or something. She'll have to keep uping her game if he's not already dead. and the fact remains that shes heavily injured...I know Bleach is a bit inconsistent with how badly someone can be hurt, but I think being run through by ::someone elses:: zanpaktou in three seperate places bodes ill.

manufn619
March 22, 2007, 11:30 PM
idk, who know she might pull off the final dance

ps, all rukia doesnt have BANKAI

gigantor21
March 22, 2007, 11:37 PM
A fairly useless third dance so far as I can tell....unless it doesn something more than weve seen...like freeze everything it touches or something. She'll have to keep uping her game if he's not already dead. and the fact remains that shes heavily injured...I know Bleach is a bit inconsistent with how badly someone can be hurt, but I think being run through by ::someone elses:: zanpaktou in three seperate places bodes ill.

Well, it's not just a little. Remember that Hinamori survived getting stabbed in the chest, and how Hitsugaya could survive losing and replenishing his whole blood supply after half the fights he's been in (that we've seen). He's like a Shinigami version of Beyond the Grave, or something...

Anyway, I hope that we'll get some quick verification that Rukia will be okay, so we can focus more on Renji's fight and what the others are doing right now. Since Rukia isn't going to be able to handle much more, and the fight's basically over, it'd be nice if the focus shifted away from her and A'Roniro for a while.

ryderdm3
March 23, 2007, 12:03 AM
My prediction, with an 87% chance of being wrong...

Chapter starts off with the Espada supposedly dead. Rukia collapses and is bleeding pretty bad, but she wears a faint smile for defeating Arroniro. Her moment of victory is brief however, as Arroniro is still alive and is all over her with another attack...

Just as he's about to annhilate Rukia for good, he is stopped. The unseen character says something like "That's enough Arroniro.... Aizen-sama has plans for them". The next page shows the character as being Tousen. He looks upon Rukia briefly before she collapses.

Scene shifts to Renji. He is beaten up pretty badly and nearly collapses. Dondo says something really stupid for comic relief and Renji tells him to shut up, and how he's got an idea how to beat this guy.

theshizzle
March 23, 2007, 04:39 AM
i predict death

delapaz13
March 23, 2007, 05:40 AM
Yay...my prediction was right...at least with the third dance thing...=)

theshizzle
March 23, 2007, 05:52 AM
Yay...my prediction was right...at least with the third dance thing...=)

good call

gigantor21
March 23, 2007, 06:18 AM
My prediction, with an 87% chance of being wrong...

Chapter starts off with the Espada supposedly dead. Rukia collapses and is bleeding pretty bad, but she wears a faint smile for defeating Arroniro. Her moment of victory is brief however, as Arroniro is still alive and is all over her with another attack...

Just as he's about to annhilate Rukia for good, he is stopped. The unseen character says something like "That's enough Arroniro.... Aizen-sama has plans for them". The next page shows the character as being Tousen. He looks upon Rukia briefly before she collapses.

Scene shifts to Renji. He is beaten up pretty badly and nearly collapses. Dondo says something really stupid for comic relief and Renji tells him to shut up, and how he's got an idea how to beat this guy.

That sounds like a pretty convincing summary of a typical Bleach chapter to me, especially in how reserved the progression of the plot is. If the chapter ended up being like that, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Banedor
March 23, 2007, 06:55 AM
My Prediction:

Rukia and Arro are both clinging to life and Arro most likely is running out of breath. Similar to a fish out of it's bowl due to his 2 heads being encased in a water tube.

But anywho, being only Espada know where Arro's fighting chambers are, they most likely go to check on him since he's been gone for some time to find him clinging to life along with Rukia.

Being the good person whoever it is that comes along, he/she brings both back to Orihime to save and Rukia is thrown into a cell most likely.

Rest will be Renji's fight or perhaps an update on Chad/Ichigo.

gigantor21
March 23, 2007, 10:06 AM
My Prediction:

Rukia and Arro are both clinging to life and Arro most likely is running out of breath. Similar to a fish out of it's bowl due to his 2 heads being encased in a water tube.

But anywho, being only Espada know where Arro's fighting chambers are, they most likely go to check on him since he's been gone for some time to find him clinging to life along with Rukia.

Being the good person whoever it is that comes along, he/she brings both back to Orihime to save and Rukia is thrown into a cell most likely.

Rest will be Renji's fight or perhaps an update on Chad/Ichigo.

Hmm...I guess that'd make sense if they wanted to find out about Soul Society's plans or something and were planning on interrogating Rukia. But the general policy in Las Noches seems to be "maul first, ask questions...well, just maul the bastards," so I doubt it.

If someone did show up, I'd vote for HAG/Ganguro--mostly because I wouldn't mind seeing more of her...

notBowen
March 23, 2007, 12:08 PM
People have survived much much worse than what Rukia has had done to her. Ganju anyone? Renji?

gigantor21
March 23, 2007, 12:51 PM
People have survived much much worse than what Rukia has had done to her. Ganju anyone? Renji?

Hey...don't forget Hitsugaya, Ichigo, Hinamori, Mayuri and Zaraki, either.

I don't see how Kubo expects us to think Rukia will by killed by this.

destinator
March 23, 2007, 03:44 PM
Meh somehow I would like to see rukia and the espada die...but that wont happen at all. Rukia will survive for sure...I am not even sure about the espada o.o

mathjegal
March 23, 2007, 04:11 PM
I think like some people... the other head of Arroniro will survive and transform or something.

I hope Rukia heals quickly ...

Also, I think.. with high probability..[...?] Renji's fight scene will start on continuing about
2 or 3 chapters, I guess...

ANBU4U
March 23, 2007, 07:52 PM
Hey...don't forget Hitsugaya, Ichigo, Hinamori, Mayuri and Zaraki, either.

I don't see how Kubo expects us to think Rukia will by killed by this.

Seriously, its starting to get annoying. How are we supposed to know what a fatal injury is if people are being stabbed through in the abdomen 3 times and survivng...hell not only surviving but fighiting more. I mean rukia's been stabbed THROUGH the stomach.....both kidneys should be skewered too....I mean if that doesnt kill her what will? What has to happen to kill these people? Do they need to be bisected?.....and even then I wouldnt be convienced unless it was longitudinaly.

blueangelx
March 24, 2007, 12:24 AM
haha... what use is a kidney to a body that is made of spiritons (what the hell is that anyway?)
my point is we can only accept whatever kubo throws at us readers... besides, it's just a story, a shonen story.

gigantor21
March 24, 2007, 06:36 AM
haha... what use is a kidney to a body that is made of spiritons (what the hell is that anyway?)
my point is we can only accept whatever kubo throws at us readers... besides, it's just a story, a shonen story.

No, ANBU4U has a good point. If were talking about other manga series, then Bleach still has a very unrealistic approach to how people take injuries. They're even more durable than the people in One Piece, and heal faster--which doesn't exactly work considering how the story is portrayed.

I mean, seriously. When someone is almost cut in half (Ichigo) or has a beach-ball sized hole ripped through their midsection (Mayuri), they shouldn't last very long. Plus, now that we've seen people survive stuff like that, there's no way I can believe that Rukia isn't going to make it.

How does the fact that it's a shonen series cover for that?

Juhdi91
March 24, 2007, 01:19 PM
No, ANBU4U has a good point. If were talking about other manga series, then Bleach still has a very unrealistic approach to how people take injuries. They're even more durable than the people in One Piece, and heal faster--which doesn't exactly work considering how the story is portrayed.

In One Piece the fighting is done by humans while in Bleach spirits do most of the fighting (except orihime and sado who are alot more vulnerable than the other main characters).

poopoomaru
March 24, 2007, 05:44 PM
In One Piece the fighting is done by humans while in Bleach spirits do most of the fighting (except orihime and sado who are alot more vulnerable than the other main characters).

This is true. These are supposed to be spiritual bodies, their only "Vital" organs I believe are their soul chain and soul sleep. In other injury might be life threatening but I believe those are the only instant kill spots. And oh yea people who will say that taking those out only takes away shinigami powers, if you take both out I believe it is death, if it is only one then I believe it is just their spiritual powers they lose ( like how Byakuya does with his special shunpo, and Ishida does with his arrows).

gigantor21
March 24, 2007, 07:59 PM
This is true. These are supposed to be spiritual bodies, their only "Vital" organs I believe are their soul chain and soul sleep. In other injury might be life threatening but I believe those are the only instant kill spots. And oh yea people who will say that taking those out only takes away shinigami powers, if you take both out I believe it is death, if it is only one then I believe it is just their spiritual powers they lose ( like how Byakuya does with his special shunpo, and Ishida does with his arrows).

In the manga version of the Mayuri-Ishida fight, Mayuri's wound showed that he has a skeletal system, at least. I wouldn't see what the point of having spiritrons form an incomplete set of organ systems if a spirit body needs organs to survive.

But whether or not spirit bodies have organs isn't the point. All I'm saying is that the level of damage people have taken and recovered from diminishes the weight of Rukia's loss, because we've seen people take much worse and heal up 100%. Hell, Zaraki doesn't even feel pain at all. Is it really that surprising that some people would bothered by that?

poopoomaru
March 24, 2007, 11:40 PM
In the manga version of the Mayuri-Ishida fight, Mayuri's wound showed that he has a skeletal system, at least. I wouldn't see what the point of having spiritrons form an incomplete set of organ systems if a spirit body needs organs to survive.

But whether or not spirit bodies have organs isn't the point. All I'm saying is that the level of damage people have taken and recovered from diminishes the weight of Rukia's loss, because we've seen people take much worse and heal up 100%. Hell, Zaraki doesn't even feel pain at all. Is it really that surprising that some people would bothered by that?

True, people it really does dimish the value of such gorey scenes, but then again he is being very realistic about it and how much force is being used in regards to the affect on their opponent. I mean considering how strong they are we would probably find it cheap if somehow these guys able to cut through building and such never sustained any real injury from each other.

One thing about it though is that their survival has never been unexplainable. Out of all the squads of SS the 4th squad really was working the hardest that we could see. Everytime someone was seriously injured it was straight off to 4th squad, or 4th squad came to the rescue. If shinigami's have supernatural battle abilities it should follow suit if their ability is to heal it should be equally spectacular amongst the upper ranks of the squad. And of course Mayuri is well a giant of hunk of modified crap, i doubt there is much beyond completely blowing off is head that would really kill him.

bloodrage
March 25, 2007, 04:46 AM
rukia will survive even if she takes three more chapters tp beat this guy

yanniv
March 25, 2007, 08:12 PM
rukia will survive even if she takes three more chapters tp beat this guy

Didn't she just beat Aaroneiro in this last chapter?

ANBU4U
March 26, 2007, 12:40 AM

I mean, seriously. When someone is almost cut in half (Ichigo) or has a beach-ball sized hole ripped through their midsection (Mayuri), they shouldn't last very long. Plus, now that we've seen people survive stuff like that, there's no way I can believe that Rukia isn't going to make it.

How does the fact that it's a shonen series cover for that?

My point exactly. I dont mind tooo much, not really...but it MUST make writing the manga alot harder. Say he tite wants to kill someone off 4 real soon...in order for us to believe it...or even really be worried by some cliff-hanger endidng is if the person was like...vaporized. in order to get the dramatic effect he wants he'll have to keep doing bigger and bigger things lol...its like escalation.

I guess that could be cool tho....like what if Rukia was, idk....ripped into 20 pieces, we'd have to believe it then.

There is something to the whole spiriton thing or w/e....they've never really been explained...at all. So maybe they help heal injuries, like with the bount, just slower for death gods? But then they still die of old age.....it's mind boggeling.

O well.

P.S.- O and I just remember the whole 4th division thing...so apparantly wounds DO need healing . So we know in principle that they are bad....and cant just be left alone to heal...

dfcarolinaguy
March 26, 2007, 03:58 PM
I predict that Rukia will somehow survive the fight and we will see the beginning of Renji fight.

captrosko
March 26, 2007, 06:16 PM
I'm no longer surprised when any manga personality survives unreal injury. They always find some supernatural way to explain it away. Its just part of the fantasy. One of the more common ways someone dies is when the person is with others. It intensifies the moment, and adds sympathy. Sometimes its different, but most of the time that's the only way I might think a death is permanent. So that makes me think Rukia won't die yet, if at all. There hasn't been a buildup to that yet.

I agree that the suspense is tainted due to the fact most of Bleach's cast survived very threatening injuries. The only thing on my mind now is not "if they'll live" but in what manner will they survive.

I have the feeling they'll all be taken prisoner this time. By that I mean actual prisoners for a long period of time. In SS, I don't think they were there very long until Zaraki busted the group out. This time we need more hopelessness. Some experiments by that Grantz guy, torture, interrogation. Or just kick them out. Give them a "nice try, don't think about coming again", but how likely is that?

My ultimate hope is that some, namely Ichigo and maybe Chad now, will end up turning hollow and joining the enemy. That would be very interesting to watch.

ANBU4U
March 26, 2007, 10:09 PM
I'm no longer surprised when any manga personality survives unreal injury. They always find some supernatural way to explain it away. Its just part of the fantasy. One of the more common ways someone dies is when the person is with others. It intensifies the moment, and adds sympathy. Sometimes its different, but most of the time that's the only way I might think a death is permanent. So that makes me think Rukia won't die yet, if at all. There hasn't been a buildup to that yet.

I agree that the suspense is tainted due to the fact most of Bleach's cast survived very threatening injuries. The only thing on my mind now is not "if they'll live" but in what manner will they survive.

I have the feeling they'll all be taken prisoner this time. By that I mean actual prisoners for a long period of time. In SS, I don't think they were there very long until Zaraki busted the group out. This time we need more hopelessness. Some experiments by that Grantz guy, torture, interrogation. Or just kick them out. Give them a "nice try, don't think about coming again", but how likely is that?

My ultimate hope is that some, namely Ichigo and maybe Chad now, will end up turning hollow and joining the enemy. That would be very interesting to watch.

That would be nice.

If anyone goes hollow I see it being Chad....

Also one of the other shiningami, either Rukia or Renji. isnt leaving this arc without a brand spanking new hollow-side.

ninetailfox84
March 26, 2007, 10:50 PM
Now that rukia's fight is finished, we will now see either Chad or the red hair guy (i always remember his name but i forgot at this time) or ichigo.

my prediction, we will see the red hair guy ( now i remember, its Renji) fighting the espada. to go with the flow, Renji will win the match but i doubt the espada died.

yeah, thats my prediction. :)

Amatsu-Tenshi
March 26, 2007, 11:46 PM
If I remember correctly I have seen Shinigami drink Sake and eat... well where would it go w/o proper digestive tracts of course u could say that they are made up of spirit particles anyways so I guess it doesn't matter. Spirits have bones as Ichigo's Bankai cracked his. Blood is obviously around, perhaps blood is just the portrayal of a spirit body's inner spirit fluids. Who knows none of it makes sense. All I can really say it that the main reasons people don't die is because they are lucky healers are around. I mean look a Yamichika or w/e he took a bomb to the face and lived. Byakuya was impaled by Gin's Shinso. Renji was nearly cut into ribbons by Byakuya.

BTW if u remember Kaien was impaled and died. Personally I don't think Rukia will die but it never hurt to make Ichigo go SSJ and kill everything and to get rid of the only thing standing in the way of OrihimexIchigo!!!

ninetailfox84
March 27, 2007, 04:01 AM
Orihime_iChiGo? Nah, Kubo seems more to Rukia-iChigO. Orihime will never get a chance! lol for off topic hehe

On topic

Rukia will never die! she will somehow survive, and meet ichiGO.

gigantor21
March 27, 2007, 06:25 AM
That would be nice.

If anyone goes hollow I see it being Chad....

Also one of the other shiningami, either Rukia or Renji. isnt leaving this arc without a brand spanking new hollow-side.

Hmm...I don't know about that. It'd certainly make the arc seem like more than canon filler if alliances were permanently shifted, but I don't know of Kubo'd take that route. I agree that It'd be nice to see something that unexpected, though.

theshizzle
March 27, 2007, 07:43 AM
I hope Ichigo gets saved by Kurosaki Isshin

nell
March 27, 2007, 08:36 AM
Here I go... I agree that the second head might not be dead but I thik the battle is over, what I expect from the next chapter is, the second head takes over the control of the body or the remaining body but doesn't fight back to Rukia, haha in fact, he may thank to Rukia XD He seems to be in pain when we first saw the two heads and the dominant one is clearly dead. I'd like to see the second one thanking for helping him to be free and healing Rukia (like other arrancars who made peace with his/her opponent in this arc) and after Rukia left there the execution squad shows up... the end.
I know, this is so crack XDD

Logikl
March 27, 2007, 12:20 PM
I think Kubo will try to finish up Rukia's fight... maybe with A'ronio (or whatever his name is) dying and her collapsing on the brink of death then going back to Renji's battle... I would like to see what is going on with that one...

EvilSniffles
March 27, 2007, 12:22 PM
we have no basis to say how the world of bleach works, we didn't create it, we are just onlookers looking from the outside of a glass bubble. with that in mind, the 2d hollow part of arino(sp) must be a reason to it. I think we wil see two-three panels of rukia and the hollow then switch to renji. or a couple panels of everyone noticing rukia's spirit level dropping very rapidly.

yanniv
March 27, 2007, 04:22 PM
I think Kubo will leave us hanging in 269.

notBowen
March 27, 2007, 06:17 PM
we have no basis to say how the world of bleach works, we didn't create it. This is true, but what we can do is hold the author accountable for both continuity of the rules of his universe he has established and criticize the choices he makes in creating this world, which is what people are doing.

gigantor21
March 27, 2007, 07:24 PM
This is true, but what we can do is hold the author accountable for both continuity of the rules of his universe he has established and criticize the choices he makes in creating this world, which is what people are doing.

Exactly right. That's just what I was thinking.

As to what'll happen next overall, I don't see us getting much forward movement plot-wse until after Renji vs. Zaeruapollo. I just hope that fight is as good as Rukia's has been, though somehow I doubt it.

omniscientone
March 27, 2007, 09:40 PM
I dunno, I believe there has to be some significance of the second floating head, and Kubo won't introduce anything without a reason. Either we will see more of the 9th espada, or he will return in a future chapter...

Gorzka
March 30, 2007, 03:42 PM
This chapter is like Keeping the moment only. No revelations.

Only at the and Ichigo finally came back <3. Kubo like showing Ulquiorra in a dominant way and on top :D

And where the hell is that Balls grabbing XD

Silhouette
March 30, 2007, 08:54 PM
Aaro's before-death moment helps understand why the Espadas are so cocky. They think so highly of themselves not only because of their strength alone but also because of Aizen's brain washed them (i.e they are released from pain) which is exactly what someone would expect a manipulative character like Aizen to do.

It's nice to see the espadas sensing the death of one of their own for a change!
I started to like Stark more than other espadas because he accepts others' "sense of humor" :P

Ichigo showed a growth in his skills when he was able to sense Rukia's reiatsu fading away. I mean when Sado fell, they all sensed it but when Rukia did, only Ichigo could feel it..maybe because she was in a closed place where the sun doesn't reach and maybe that's why Ulquiorra "complemented" Ichigo. Ichigo boy senses are becoming sharper...Espada-sharp.

gigantor21
March 30, 2007, 09:06 PM
AIchigo showed a growth in his skills when he was able to sense Rukia's reiatsu fading away. I mean when Sado fell, they all sensed it but when Rukia did, only Ichigo could feel it..maybe because she was in a closed place where the sun doesn't reach and maybe that's why Ulquiorra "complemented" Ichigo. Ichigo boy senses are becoming sharper...Espada-sharp.

Well, recall that Ichigo was able to sense the parakeet's mixed and weak aura back in Volume 2 though conjuring the Spirit Threads, which Rukia said was a high level Shinigami skill. He has the talent for it, but he either doesn't use it much or is too dense to use it consistently.

My guess is that it's a little of both...though more of the latter.

Silhouette
March 30, 2007, 09:26 PM
I see your point but the reason I thought it was different this time is because only Ichigo and the Espadas sensed what happened in Rukia's fight while Renji- a very skilled shinigami- didn't. May be Renji was too preoccupied with the fight against Zaer but also Ishida wasn't shown sensing it. And taking into consideration that Rukia was fighting in a "special closed place" I think it's safe to assume that one's spiritual senses has to be greater than a highly skilled shinigami (e.g Esapdas) to be able to know what happened.

nippyer
March 30, 2007, 09:36 PM
well i think that renji didnt sense it because of the room he was in. It doesnt allow Bankai and maybe its side affect is that renji cant sense spiritial enery or something...

ForteAnly
March 30, 2007, 10:15 PM
Ulquiorra vs. Ichigo that is going to be a cool battle if they do fight. But, with Ichigo's 11 second transformation it won't be enough against Ulquiorra. So there's only Renji, Ishida, and Ichigo left. Inoue chances of being rescued a even more smaller now.

Silhouette
March 30, 2007, 10:26 PM
One thing that bothers me is the title of the chapter.."The End is Near". considering there are three fights left, is Kubo-sensie telling us that the difference in power is too big Ichigo and his remaining comrades will get owned too quickly?

gigantor21
March 30, 2007, 11:14 PM
One thing that bothers me is the title of the chapter.."The End is Near". considering there are three fights left, is Kubo-sensie telling us that the difference in power is too big Ichigo and his remaining comrades will get owned too quickly?

Well, that's been the case since they entered HM in the first place. That's why this arc has felt like an exercise in futility--it's only gone on this long due to luck and Aizen's grace. Had he not ordered the Espada to stay in their domains, Noritora could've easily gone after them and killed everybody right after the Espada meeting.

Considering how the latter part of the arc has been awesome so far, I don't mind it too much anymore. But it's still something to consider.

rayywang
March 30, 2007, 11:56 PM
I have been very impressed with the artwork ... the last 3 pages - one panel with the doorway and Ulq's silhouette reflected on Ichigo's eye ... then the "dominant Ulq" page, as well as the last page with them looking at each other. Cool.

Omi
March 31, 2007, 02:12 AM
Ulquiorra did comment earlier that Ichigo's reiatsu was fluctuating between trash and higher than him during their first encounter with Yammi by his side. Ichigo may not have to go bankai to beat him but it would be like fighting Byakuya all over again.

I'm still wondering how everyone is going to be saved. It almost feels like there is no hope unless SS sends Zaraki and Byakuya or Ishida's dad and Ichigo's dad show up and pick up whats left of everyone. Alternatively, if Aizen/Jin/Tousen doesn't step in to interfere, then we have two guys who could save everyone - Ishida-kun and Kurosaki-kun assuming Renji is unable to beat this guy. I'm still wondering how the story is going to move on from this "exercise in futility". It almost looks like everyone is going to die.

destinator
March 31, 2007, 09:30 AM
Wow cool chapter...still I think Arino was killed off too fast. I think he hold greater potential...heck he absorbed 30000? hollows and got beaten so easy, typical shonen^^

But seriously I know that we couldnt see a 10 chapter fight now but already killing him at this point was a dissapointment for me because I think he could have played some nice games later. Cant be helped...cant wait for the next chapter.

yanniv
March 31, 2007, 05:19 PM
Kubo is definitely making things more interesting and this chapter proves it.

The 9th was just mere Gillian trash. :P

ForteAnly
April 01, 2007, 01:56 PM
These chapters are just getting so good. With only three people left to rescue Orihime. It doesn't look so good for them.

ninetailfox84
April 02, 2007, 07:50 AM
These chapters are just getting so good. With only three people left to rescue Orihime. It doesn't look so good for them.

It sure did! i wonder what kubo have for us next chapter! *peek the spoiler threads*

totalabsolute
April 02, 2007, 11:54 AM
i don't know what to say, all i can say is wow, im like on my toes right now waiting for the next chapter. Bleach has taken over the spot light in the manga, its far more interesting than naruto atm.

poopoomaru
April 02, 2007, 11:03 PM
Ulquiorra did comment earlier that Ichigo's reiatsu was fluctuating between trash and higher than him during their first encounter with Yammi by his side. Ichigo may not have to go bankai to beat him but it would be like fighting Byakuya all over again.

I'm still wondering how everyone is going to be saved. It almost feels like there is no hope unless SS sends Zaraki and Byakuya or Ishida's dad and Ichigo's dad show up and pick up whats left of everyone. Alternatively, if Aizen/Jin/Tousen doesn't step in to interfere, then we have two guys who could save everyone - Ishida-kun and Kurosaki-kun assuming Renji is unable to beat this guy. I'm still wondering how the story is going to move on from this "exercise in futility". It almost looks like everyone is going to die.

They would be able to pull off a rescue, but the success of Ichigo and co. rescueing Inoue is based entirely on whether or not Aizen really wants to put effort into keeping her. Which is probably gonna be what this rides on later on. The upper levels of the espada in released form are beyond the scope of power comparable to any normal shinigami present on the SS side, save maybe for Yamamoto in bankai. The main event is supposed to be in a few monthes when Hougyouku awakens, thats when SS is moving to counterattack, thats when according to SS intelligence when Aizen will start his war. SS, well Yamamoto wont send any Captain level shinigami into Hueco Muendo, that would risk losing them before the Arrancar war even started. If anyone is going to save anyone, it will likely be either Some combination of Urahara/Yoruichi/Ishida's dad/Ichigo's dad, or the Vizard crew.

What will most likely happen is after losing maybe 3 espada and having Ichigo reach Inoue and be in the process of rescuing her, they will be be attacked by some more espada, one of the forementioned will come and pull a rescue of all the rescue team, some espada will ask or start to pursue, and Aizen will tell them she isnt worth the effort, and that will be the end of it.

totalabsolute
April 03, 2007, 10:37 AM
They are not saving Inoue, she is just going to become evil, chad might be possibly turning evil. Everything is about to be stripped away from ichigo, the only way hes going to make it out alive is with help from the vizards, the help of normal shingami is out of the questions, i think this is way beyound the power of isshi or ishida's dad, to save all of them. Urahara doesn't stand a chance in hell either namely because he got his shit slapped down by Ulquiorra like it wasn't nothing. The return of zangetsu or ogichi will be bad ass but even so thats not currently enough power to take inoue back from aizen, no way he can do that without help.

Konkun
April 10, 2007, 10:38 PM
What if mentally, Aizen is trying strip away Ichigo and then at the end when Ichigo is vulnerable, Aizen will try to recruite him into the Rank of the Espada. Ichigo might be useful to him.