PDA

View Full Version : Prediction for Next Big Boss

Kite1080
March 26, 2007, 12:23 PM
Although I know The Straw Hats are up against Gekko Moria right now, does anyone one think that once they reach there actual destination that they might come up against another Shichibukai?

I mean it stands to reason that there destination is Merman Island and that seeing how they went up against Arlong and his mermen, that they would come to merman island and the Jimbei would be somewhere near there.

Anti-panda
March 26, 2007, 02:10 PM
Yep it'll probably be jinbei ... however i could see them running into a strong marine on the way so who knows.
Interestingly enough I found out something interesting about Fishman Island.

Oda said this in a SBS
D: Where do you learn fishman karate? Please tell me.

O: At "Fishman Island". It's about halfway down the Grand Line. It'll probably come around sometime, so just take it easy.

So once they get to fishman Island they'll be about halfway down the grand line.

dfcarolinaguy
March 26, 2007, 06:08 PM
I believe black beard will be the next enemy for strawhats after thriller park arc.

OP_overlord
March 26, 2007, 10:41 PM
BB will be like the last fight i think a small band of strong pirate hunters will be the next battle but they are more like a filler arc and then jembei and the mermen

who do you think the biggest enemy is on this island and howmany to you think that they will have to beat in total

sahugani
March 27, 2007, 03:29 AM
I actually doubt both Blackbeard and Jimbei. As OP_overlord said, Blackbeard will be one of the final fights (and it will be fought by the Redhairs imo). About Jimbei, i highly doubt that Oda would pit Luffy against two Shichibukai in such a short time frame. However it is undeniable that the Merman Island arc will be coming up soon after Thriller Bark and that is the most likely location of Jimbei. I prefer to believe that Jimbei will actually side with the Strawhats against the real enemy of the Merman Island arc. Out of 7 Shichibukai, there is a chance of one of them actually having sympathetic feelings and that could have been the reason for Arlong's split as he was far more ambitious than his captain, Jimbei.

sushi
March 27, 2007, 11:31 AM
after the thriller park arc i think they would meet up with smoker somehow i feel like that. it is kinda a long time since i last heard bot smoker

jimbei is surely the next shichibukai but not necessarily be an anemy as stated by sahugani. he may help the mugiwara's to fight the encountering of WG dog's. i wish i can tell oda-sensei my thanks

OP_overlord
March 27, 2007, 09:39 PM
yeah i also feel the way sahugani does a good shichibukai would be nice to see and that would explain arlongs departure.

i/m still going with a small crew of strong bounty hunters will be like a filler fight and then mermen island but another marine battle might not be bad if it is commande by smoker

mugen
March 27, 2007, 09:43 PM
it's gonna be Jinbei :noworry
unless he already dead :oh
which is why he didn't attend the meeting
anyways I don't think that Moria will be dealt with :p
cuz I don't feel a fight atmosphere in the current arc

OP_overlord
March 27, 2007, 10:05 PM
how do you not feel a fight atmosphere there are going to be armies of zombies and ghosts attacking luffy and crew and there is an evil mastermind behind it all if that doesnt scream battle scene coming i dont know what does

mugen
March 27, 2007, 10:09 PM
uumm....
it just feels like a davy back arc atmosphere really....
I mean one of the enemies is that weirdo Dr.Hogback.....
do you need another reason......

OP_overlord
March 27, 2007, 10:11 PM
true but the addition of a strong shichibukai ot the fight spirt up for me (when will luffy get one of those, it would be so much eaiser to make the weak bad guys faint instead of punching them)

mugen
March 27, 2007, 10:13 PM
yeah but I mean .....
most likely they will just attack with the ghosts.....
and I don't know but I won't be surprised if Moria is not dealt with...
and Moria doesn't seem like he will fight being all lazy and what not...

Paz42
March 28, 2007, 11:38 AM
i think that it will be jinbei next but i dont know would they have 2 shichibukai so close together but i would love in the current arc to see a gear 3rd luffy fight with moria who looks like he could be a giant would be a really interesting fight

caco
March 28, 2007, 11:57 AM
yeah but I mean .....
most likely they will just attack with the ghosts.....
and I don't know but I won't be surprised if Moria is not dealt with...
and Moria doesn't seem like he will fight being all lazy and what not...

I think they are going to fight really hard because moria is the one that stole the shadow to Brook and luffy want him in his crew.

OP_overlord
March 28, 2007, 10:27 PM
yeah so they have to fight but gekko could be a lazy guy and just give up if all his hench men are beaten that would be funny

Anti-panda
March 28, 2007, 11:18 PM
I think he'll be like all lazy and then go complete beserker in battle ... I mean what if he's just saving up all his energy for when he fights.
Well that being said Oda will probably throw us a curve ball.

sushi
March 30, 2007, 11:06 PM
they will fight the general's are strong needless to say that the atmosphere of the mang right now reeks blood and powerful encounters

just hopefully they will fight with new skills build in

the moria thing ... i think he is not the real culprit here [ just thinking ]
maybe there is somebody even stronger behind him that is waiting to be released by oda-sensei

Kikuna992
April 12, 2007, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=Anti-panda;346821]I think he'll be like all lazy and then go complete beserker in battle ... I mean what if he's just saving up all his energy for when he fights.

I agree! Just like that pokemon that always sleeps but when woken up attacks everyone:mad

OP_overlord
April 12, 2007, 10:30 PM
snorlax he was my favorite he eats like me

i too hope that the crew in all gets stronger from each of there next fights cause the next few villains will be super super super.... strong and they need to catch up
and i hope they get rewarded for the new powers gain and the victory

i hope there will be a nice shichibukia i have hopes for jembie but gekko i think is bad but he comes frist

Anti-panda
April 12, 2007, 10:55 PM
First off yeah it's kind of like that pokemon.... Now as a second as much as i like pokemon I kinda think anyone who compares it and one piece should go to hell..... nothing personal.

Maybe he's like a berserker and does a bunch of drugs then slaughters everyone who gets in his way ... so he can only fight with zombies cause there the only things that can survive his onslaught. Nah I don't think so ..... he does kinda remind me of a giant clown ..... and I believe I speak for everyone when i say " That scares the ever living shit out of me." Clowns are creepy.

OP_overlord
April 13, 2007, 11:25 PM
he is powerful and super lazy and bad combo but if he trys to do stuff i bet he is almost unstoppable

jeffhmwong
April 16, 2007, 03:56 AM
I hope geko fight luffy and the zombie samurai fights zorro..

I look forward to zorros match much more.....the samurai seems damn strong....

OP_overlord
April 16, 2007, 12:43 PM
the samuri used the same attack as zoro doesn that seem weird to anyone

this is going to be a tought fight the generals caught luffy he hadnt even met the big boos yet

sahugani
April 16, 2007, 12:58 PM
Lets try to get back on topic. This thread is for discussion of the NEXT enemy, and there are other areas to discuss Moria, Ryuuma, and the other opponents of this current arc

Anti-panda
April 16, 2007, 04:13 PM
Well up until now I thought Jinbei was gonna be the next big boss. Right now it looks like Gekko moria, However Hogback... They haven't really established the connection between hogback and gekko yet. Hogback may wind up being the man pulling the strings behind everything... or maybe cindry~chwan. Or hogback may just be a tool gekko moria is using.
If there's one thing I love about OP it's that it continually surprises me and keeps me guessing.

jeffhmwong
April 16, 2007, 11:03 PM
Lets try to get back on topic. This thread is for discussion of the NEXT enemy, and there are other areas to discuss Moria, Ryuuma, and the other opponents of this current arc

OKOK...lets stay on track.
Y is everyone saying next boss is jinbei? We havent even seen his face yet...

My guess is the next encounter after this crappy horror saga will be Blackbeard OR luffy might bumped into is INjured brother (ace).

sushi
April 17, 2007, 05:14 AM
jinbei cause...he has not shown up for even a clue > that's why

it may be just a small hint

Anti-panda
April 17, 2007, 07:58 PM
jinbei is a fishman shinchibukai that was known to be based of fishman Island ... which up into this point ... we thought we were headed too. So thats why everyone keeps bringing him up.
Thou at this point its pretty obvious he'll not be making a appearance in this arc.

sushi
April 18, 2007, 05:59 AM
nest arc for sure

Anti-panda
April 18, 2007, 02:55 PM
nest arc for sure

Thats what I said last arc.
It' wouldn't surprise me if oda keeps us hanging for a while on the whole Fishman Island thing.
Wouldn't it be awsome if after they got out of Thriller Bark .. The marines were waiting to try and arrest them .. maybe smoker and tashigi. who knows ... only Oda and he ain't talking.

Orpheus
April 18, 2007, 03:33 PM
Wouldn't it be awsome if after they got out of Thriller Bark .. The marines were waiting to try and arrest them .. maybe smoker and tashigi. who knows ... only Oda and he ain't talking.

Thats exactly what I want to see. I thing smoker is one hell of a Marine. He also said he needs Teammates that would match the Mugiwaras. So maybe we can see some of them after this arc ^^ *dreaming*

Paz42
April 18, 2007, 06:10 PM
i think that marines are going to be the next villians after Moria as i dont think that even if Jinbei is at fishman island that oda would have two warlords in ajoining arcs i would love to see what kinda team smoker would have round up hehe

OP_overlord
April 18, 2007, 10:27 PM
yeah a small super strong crew face off that would be awsome maybe jembie would come and help luffy out cause knowing smoker heis team would match luffys crew perfectly and nulify their strengths so luffy would need more help and i like jembi as a nice guy type

Anti-panda
April 19, 2007, 12:54 AM
Jinbei is a whale shark.. . but he's also a shichibukai .. who's main responsibility is to attack other pirates for the world govt. Also Arlong was one of his subordinates pre-shinchibukai anyway. And Arlong was a demented S.O.B. so jinbei might not be as docile as a whale shark should be.
I'd love to see how smoker and the others have stepped up to the bar since entering the grand line.
2 things i'd love to see. But probably won't.
1. Hina traveling with them as well as jango and fullbody. Hina is just freaking cool, and jango is the coolest freak out there.
2. Tashigi using Nintoru (2 Sword style.)
Thats it .. of course smoker would have to be alot stronger too....

OP_overlord
April 19, 2007, 08:30 PM
i want jembie to be a nice guy because if gekko is a reall giant then have too giants that are alos shichibukia would be O.D.

Paz42
April 19, 2007, 08:46 PM
hmmm i dont think jinbei will be a giant as such i think he will be larger than most fishmen but i dont think he will be the size of moria but i like the idea of him having a similar theory to luffy being a pirate but still being a good person and ended up being a shinchbuki

Anti-panda
April 20, 2007, 01:34 AM
I'm kind of worried that if we have Jinbei up next we'll burn through the shinchibukai too fast.
There are only seven of them and .... well if luffy just keeps beating them back to back to back... it'll seem less cool.
Plus alot of people .. myself included. Are gonna be of the idea that jinbei maynot be a violent or confrontational person. Plus he's a relatively new shinchibukai ... because arlong and them left after he became a shichibukai and nami was young so about 10 - 15 yrs being a shinchibukai doesn't seem like verry long.
Who knows ... if he's a shinchibukai he's gonna be strong ... but whalesharks ... not a fearsome fish in anyones textbook ... so ... well have to wait and see.

OP_overlord
April 20, 2007, 09:50 PM
i agree with the nice shark theory as we have said before about 7 times but luffy has new foes the four yonkuo so he can get rid of a few shichibukai

Paz42
April 25, 2007, 06:15 AM
i think maybe were going to catch a glimpse of jinbei on fishman island but not a large confrontation
i agree with Anti-panda in a sense but so far gecko is the only the second shichibukai that luffy and gang have come across on their adventure so i dont think hes burning through them to quickly and we still have one to be introduced to. As OP_overlord said he has alot more enimes out there to be dealing with but it all going to show how long OP could go on for i guess we just have to wait and see.

OP_overlord
April 25, 2007, 09:55 PM
they have been introduced to three mihawk, croc, and now gekko and they also fought the former first mate of flamingo man's crew and rocked him (bellmary)

but after this fight which aint lookin so good for the SH as of now they WILL fight smoker and gang it might be commanded by garp or aokiji but more likely smoker

Jester_Rogue
April 25, 2007, 10:07 PM
I think that Luffy should burn the shichibukai a bit faster cause this is moving way too slow, even though One Piecs is the manga with the most going on per chapter it is also the longest (I might actually die before I finish reading it :( )

OP_overlord
April 25, 2007, 10:49 PM
yeah ths arc there has been alotof talking and not so much action (there is alot of action dont get me wrong but way more talking)

and i dont think so luffy and crew are getting pwnd by the generals they havent even fought the admirals and three of them are captured

Jester_Rogue
April 25, 2007, 10:53 PM
I wish for them to wrap up this arc before August but that is unlikely

Anti-panda
April 25, 2007, 11:46 PM
I love this arc... and it's taking some really good twists and turns. It's not as straightforward as the previous arc where there was a set goal in mind ... But that's kindof a good thing.
I hope we get to seem some awsomenesss.... I'm in no hurry to leave ... i mean ..There's alot of potential for fun and fights here... I'd hate to see it get rushed and loose it's potential ... We're in no hurry to get to fishman island. I mean if luffy beats another shinchibukai ... we'll get to see some really scared people ... People have a hard time believing he took down one... two ... there will be no question Monkey D. Luffy is not someone you wanna mess with.

OP_overlord
April 26, 2007, 10:40 PM
true true (like when bellmary messes with him big mistake)
i like the arcbut it is just to slow and it doesnt look good for the SH and im kinda tired of it always looking like that and i know oda knows a new move that will help luffy win but i cant see what it is going to be so i dont like it. i m ok with the fights being hard to get to the big boss but there is always another level up but still below the big boos that need to be beaten on this island
random zombies (ones in the mansion)
the three different armies (ghost, wild zombies, zombies)
the commanders of those armies (crazy hog lady)
generals (two swordsman, ... )
the "admirals" (ablosom, perona and the other one)
and prob two or three morelevels above or equal to them
and then gekko

they have there own WG on this huge pirate ship it is a silly amount of enemies that are all invinsable (because they cant die again)

Anti-panda
April 27, 2007, 12:47 AM
I bet brooke knows alot about the secrets of Thriller bark .. if his shadow is attached to that legendary swordsman like some people think.. He's probably gonna even up the playing field for the strawhats. These zombies ( below general lvl) aren't tough or strong but thier really just hard to deal with.

Serpent
May 01, 2007, 06:33 AM
one Shichibukai after another is kinda pushing it I think we'll get a filler arc (like Skypiea) to consolidate Brookes place as a Strawhat and to give Usopp and Chopper opportunities to get stronger cause Usopp hasn't really had enough chances to show off his ability to the fullest , i mean look at Van Auger and look at Usopp , also Chopper needs to work on his rumble balls especially after the whole monster point incident the bottom line is they need to get stronger to be of more help. Nami could use some improvement too in fighting style cause she has a great weapon

Anti-panda
May 01, 2007, 11:38 AM
Skypeia was not filler ... it was in the manga and had several plot devices that took place during it.
Seriously people stop saying this or that is filler when it's not....

Anyways I bet the next big boss will be smoker .. or another marine. I bet they'll be waiting for the strawhats once they exit thriller bark.

mars0103
May 02, 2007, 10:02 AM
I think that it will be some thing out of the blue if we look at the bosses
avada
captain metal jaw (forgot really name)
buggy the clown
smoker
crocadile
lightning boy
foxy
lobby
now ghost ship

If you think that the warlords are govement than it has to be another pritae so I think it will be one of the four king.

sahugani
May 02, 2007, 05:53 PM
my big concern about the identity of the next boss is in regards to the strawhats' bounties. they just got their big bounty increase after enies lobby and are now fighting a shichibukai, so if they fight another member of the three powers, it would definately call for another bounty boost, which i think would be too early. just because we now have the three powers named does not imply that they will be the only opponents from now on.

i'm hoping for another arc like skypiea with an exraordinarily strong opponent like Enel who is unknown to the gov't and thus won't count towards bounty. If it takes place in the underwater wonderland of Mermaid Island, we may even get the assistance of the friendly shichibukai, Jimbei that i've been hoping for

OP_overlord
May 04, 2007, 08:20 PM
but if jembei is a nice guy which i too hope for then who is going to be the big boss of this underwater wonderland like you say cause if jembei cant beat him i think it would be harder for luffy to win

@sahugani
i like that secnaro but i think more likey is luffy vs smoker because like you said their bounties will not rise beacuse smoker and crew are not strong enought in the WG eyes if he was a Vice Admiral then they would raise luffys bounty but he is not so the bounties would stay the same (except chopper and other lower bountied crew members) and then the next arc will be merperson island

@mars0103 and the smoker fight will fight into your reasoning as well because altho he is a member of the WG he acts like a pirate (and wanted to be one when he was young i think)

Anti-panda
May 04, 2007, 09:58 PM
Even if he is a nice guy. As a shinchibukai his responsibility is to capture or kill pirates for the govt.
So I doubt he's going to come across a 300million dollar pirate and his crew with a impressive combined bounty, and be like "Hey would you guy's like to join my tea party?" And even if he is ... as a shinchibukai he CANNOT be trusted.
I emphasis CANNOT.
Think about it even if he had no ill intent would you be comfortable as a pirate being around someone who makes a living as a former pirate now hunting current pirates?

On the other hand it would be cool if he had a strong daughter who wanted to be a pirate.. and it'd be even cooler if she was a ninja... and it'd be even further cooler if she joined up with luffy and crew and then they found out she was daughter or even granddaughter of the shinchibukai.
Ohh .... I get all tingly just thinking about it.

Crenzel
May 04, 2007, 11:00 PM
remember he is a pirate after all
he can act as if he didn't see anything if he wants

the shichibukai have absolutely no loyalty to the world government the way I see it. They're simply using the WG to take their bounties away so they can do what they want. And in return they turn in other pirates from time to time.

Look at Mihawk talking to Shanks so comfortably. And also Crocodile for undertaking his own schemes. If it's a money issue, Jimbei probably has more than enough anyways so he can just ignore them.

Slippers
May 13, 2007, 06:21 PM
I dont think the strawhats are actually gonna fight Gecko
But I'm guessing the next big boss is either gonna be someone from the marines or another one of the shichubaki.
Also I'm thinking they might meet Dragon or Ace in the next big arc.
But then again I've been thinking that Shanks is gonna appear in the next arc for some time now

Anti-panda
May 14, 2007, 02:38 AM
For some strange reason I can't shake the feeling that after moria they'll wind up fighting Smoker as the next big boss. Then move on to merman island.

Phenomenol
May 20, 2007, 11:29 PM
Jinbei will possibly be the next opponent, but before "Fishman Island." I am looking forward to finishing the clash between Whitebeard and Red-Hair and seeing everyone's reactions from the Blackbeard and Ace duel.

ANBU4U
May 21, 2007, 06:41 PM
I dont think the strawhats are actually gonna fight Gecko
But I'm guessing the next big boss is either gonna be someone from the marines or another one of the shichubaki.
Also I'm thinking they might meet Dragon or Ace in the next big arc.
But then again I've been thinking that Shanks is gonna appear in the next arc for some time now

Neither Dragon, Ace or Shanks will be seen again b4 the Mugiwara arrive in the New World.

Mayyyybe Ace, at the Pirates summit...if thats right b4 the NW but if not then what I said b4 stands.

mugen
May 24, 2007, 09:11 PM
Neither Dragon, Ace or Shanks will be seen again b4 the Mugiwara arrive in the New World.

Mayyyybe Ace, at the Pirates summit...if thats right b4 the NW but if not then what I said b4 stands.

uum.... you do know the pirates summit doesn't exist... right..
it was just a mistranslation....
meaning see you at the top :noworry

Koen
May 25, 2007, 12:50 PM
Well I don't know who'll be the next big boss, but I presume there will be some villain in merman island. Maybe they'll come across BB again, but again both will be seperated

Impel Down
May 26, 2007, 03:35 PM
Seems like Jimbei to me. After that I think it'll be Smoker's crew.

OP_overlord
May 26, 2007, 11:32 PM
i hope it is not an other shichibukia i wouldnt mind a small groupo of pirate hunters that chill on the border of the new world killing those that arent strong enought to enter
or smoker trying to get the SH before they go to waters that are uncontroled by the WG
and then they can fight jembei

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 09:11 AM
That would be Smoker's crew, but he'll meet Luffy in the New World, not in the Grand Line.

Anti-panda
May 27, 2007, 01:02 PM
Many of us think that the marine base will be located at the enterance to the new world. Where the redline crosses the grandline. That would do a pretty good job at weeding out any weaklings who somehow made it this far into the grandline... wouldn't ya think?

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 03:56 PM
Well, it should be close to Enies Lobby, shouldn't it? And Enies Lobby is fairly close to the New World too.

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 04:47 PM
arent the marines HQ are near the enies lobby? after the gate of justice?

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 07:32 AM
Yeah, past the Gates 'o Justice it's just the MHQ and Impel Down.

OP_overlord
May 28, 2007, 01:41 PM
where even the MHQ for the WG luffy will not be fighting it soon he just beat eneis lobby

but they could fight smoker

and i still like a small group of super strong pirate hunters that are employed by the WG to chill near the New World and beat the weak pirates so they only have to worry about the yonkou in the new world

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 01:45 PM
If Luffy were to fight the MHQ directly, he'd have to tangle with Ao Kiji or Garp again, and that would not be good.

hollowfied
October 17, 2007, 03:20 AM
How about the Kaidou guy, who beat up Gecko Moria?

Absolutio
October 17, 2007, 08:07 AM
that's a good idea for the next big boss.. maybe he's even the 7th shichibukai.. who knows.. :D

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 10:16 AM
A Yonkou this early? I think not. At least not until they reach the New World. But considering they reach Merman Island next, it'll probably either be Jimbei, some rogue merman, not fishman, or it's like Jimbei's first mate or something.

Absolutio
October 17, 2007, 10:31 AM
do we know that kaidou is a yonkou? :o

hollowfied
October 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
Nope, just a very strong fighter. Possibly the 7th shichibukai, a high level marine, or even a government agent (like Lucci).

d3d3n
October 18, 2007, 01:23 AM
i think jinbei

Yami_Yami_No_Mi_89
December 12, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hi everybody, after thriller bark what do you think Mugiwaras will find? They will go straight to the fishmans island or they will find other opponents before? Maybe Kaidou searching for Moria :D

Merged with existing thread.

Wale
December 12, 2007, 11:23 PM
I dont think in the way that they will face somebody befor Jinbei. Maybe they stop on some island to have a rest after Thriller Bark..

Absolutio
December 13, 2007, 06:17 AM
Idon't think that they'll face Jimbei as their next "boss".. Shichibukai after another? It seems too "repetetive" and exaggarated.

DutchPhoenix
December 13, 2007, 03:14 PM
i think they will fight some extremely strong marine's that guard the new world

Shiranui
December 14, 2007, 09:16 AM
yes, i agree with you..

i think there are some Guard (but, I don't think they are marine) to protect the New World, like the fantastic way to going to Green Land.
or, they appear the new arc with relaxed event..
hehehe~

hollowfied
December 14, 2007, 10:24 AM
Green Land?

Err..where?

Isn't that the island next to Iceland? ;]

Or am I mistaken.

I believe he is making a reference to another comic.

Don Lazy
December 14, 2007, 01:06 PM
i hope they ll face some random powerful guy or at least one or two powerful marines.