PDA

View Full Version : New anime arc censoring blood? (spoilers)

lexx
March 26, 2007, 01:57 PM
Is it just me or has the blood pretty much disappeared from Bleach? It's almost all dark brown colored & there's barely any of it. Ikkaku & Eduardo barely bled whatsoever and at the end of their fight he's not got a drop of blood on him, just some scuff marks.

The only previously obvious censoring I noted in Bleach was with Soi Fong / Yoruichi's revealing costumes getting covered up by white undershirts...what's the deal with this new round of censoring? Bleach was KNOWN for reinforcing the rule that the human body contains 1000 litres of blood.

gigantor21
March 26, 2007, 04:13 PM
No, it's not you--I noticed the exact same thing. And it pisses me off.

The damage people take and recover from is ridiculous on it's own--trying to gloss it over by making people bleed crude oil makes it even more so. Granted, there has been some censorship of the violence from the beginning, but I agree that it's getting out of hand.

114 was especially bad, what with the "snot" coming out of them in lieu of blood and all. I really hope they don't try pulling something like that again.

Koen
March 26, 2007, 06:44 PM
well I wonder what reasons are behind it. And for me the manga black colored blood has the same effect on me as the red blood coloured anime. Otherwise said, I don't see a reason of censoring something that you already have seen in a manga version...

ForteAnly
March 27, 2007, 09:35 AM
That is dissapointing about the censoring. When Ikkaku and Edorado finished I was expecting to bleed like Renji did when he got smacked Senbonzakura for the first time. Those were the good ol days.

delapaz13
April 02, 2007, 08:34 AM
well the majority of the viewers in the japan (or in any other country) are children so that may be the reason for the less blood and less revealing clothes, they did it with the anime tenjou tenge (the manga contains more violence and adult situations that were not included in the anime)

Stone
April 02, 2007, 09:41 AM
There's been alot of censur in this show, its just now that the blood gets extra censur one really notic it.

some of the earliest censurs were in the fight with Shreiker:
Some leaches exploded on Rukia where her arm gets all bloody and one explodes on her head makes it drip blood aswell.(can't remeber if some were shown in the anime)
Also right before Ichigo stroke down shreiker, he cut his Zanpakuto halfway through Shreakiers leg(Where you really see Ichigo's "revenge" site)

Yeah, it seem kinda strange for someone to get an arm cut off with no blood...

ForteAnly
April 02, 2007, 02:36 PM
I miss those blood splatter slashes from the old episodes of Bleach. Nowadays they get cut but looks like they don't even feel it anymore.

juUnior
April 08, 2007, 10:44 AM
Yeah, it's queite dissapointing, that Bleach now is somuch censored with blood.. I'm not maniac off that, but if in manga is blood, then in anime also should have been, even a little. Not in new episodes based on manga there is only white something from mouth, or dirty lines.... :x