PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 270 Discussion [Bleach]

destinator
March 30, 2007, 03:00 PM
The new chapter is out!!! Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10929).

So we reaching 270 already...damn what are going to predict for the next chapter? Tell us :)

Nothingp
March 30, 2007, 03:11 PM
I highly doubt that Ichigo will actually fight Ulquiorra. I think that next chapter will involve more talking than fighting

ZSaberLink
March 30, 2007, 05:58 PM
That would actually be a change for once in this arc (except for the Kaien + Rukia flashback). There are so many things that need to be explained in this arc.... or possibly this could lead to a slight plot twist =D. Btw, shouldn't this topic be called Predictions 270 since the last chapter was 269? Just wondering. Is it just me or when Rukia gets "killed" Ichigo notices, but when Sado's down, for some reason he didn't notice? (Although he did back in SS....) I think it would be interesting if Ichigo is actually beaten first before Renji and Ishida... although Renji better win his first fight with the Grantz scientist.

Gold Knight
March 30, 2007, 06:24 PM
What a great chapter 269 was! I have to admit I'm almost more excited about what happens next in Bleach than I am Naruto these days.

I think Rukia will be OK. Since all the Espada immediately knew about the results of her battle, I wouldn't put it past at least one of them to pick Rukia up, because I'm sure Aizen will want them to bring her to him.

Meanwhile we have a battle still raging and one that might begin. I think Ulquiorra's way too powerful for Ichigo at this juncture though, so there may not even be a fight OR any talking. We'll see.

rai-chu
March 30, 2007, 07:08 PM
I also agree with the poster above me. Ulquiorra as of today is more powerful than Ichigo. But a little glympse will not hurt us if they fight for a little bit.

I want to see Noitora what he's up to? Or Renji's battle against the 8th espada.

Gnizmo
March 30, 2007, 08:49 PM
Ulquiorra will not try to fight Ichigo. He will try and recruit Ichigo to their side.

Silhouette
March 30, 2007, 09:16 PM
Watch out for outraged Renji, he don't need no bankai cuz he still got "crazy" and that smirk on Zaer's face won't last for long when Renji goes crazy on his skull...Renji may be too injured to be able to continue the mission after his fight with Zaer but he also won't go down without biting off Zaer's head.

Right now Ichigo's weakest point is Nell. And from what we know about Ulquiorra's personality, I expect him to use this weak point against Ichigo. Yeah Ulquiorra isn't the type that just acts all strong and mighty but he also makes use of openings.

I have to admit that Ulquiora going after Ichigo was a surprise to me though...considering how GJ almost left to fight Ichigo against Aizen's orders at the beginning. So I always consider the possibility of GJ cutting in the fight or maybe attacking Orihime to divert Ulquiorra's attention to her (he is responsible about Orihime after all) instead of Ichigo.

Codejunky
March 30, 2007, 10:34 PM
I think we'll see mostly Renji fighting and Ulquiorra talking. That's how it looks. Rukia's condition is going to be a mystery though, just like Chad's fate. Tite Kubo will leave us hanging for a while.

I also seriously doubt that Ulquiorra is going to fight Ichigo right now. Their going to be interrupted by Grimmjaw. Though we still don't know who the 7th Espada is, which makes me wonder. 2 are down right now, Chad and Rukia; the 3 that are uninjured are Ichigo, Ishida, and Renji.

*cries* I want to know what's going on with everybody else. ;-;
We haven't seen Soul Society or the Real World and we won't for a while. We're going to see Renji and Ichigo next chapter. Zael releases near the end of the chapter. Uquiorra talks to or torments Ichigo. I think Ichigo will be chased around in the chapter, but Grimmjaw comes from the direction where Ichigo is heading, the two surrounding Ichigo and Grimmjaw fights first. But that's in the next few chapters.

ninetailfox84
March 30, 2007, 11:40 PM
Ulquiorra will not try to fight Ichigo. He will try and recruit Ichigo to their side.

i agree, but instead of recruiting ichigo, he will test ichigo's power to see how far ichigo has improve after their last encounter back several chapters before.

then more talking, and no rukia or renji or chad or ishida. Just ichigo and ulquiorra. talking, talking, blah blah

i predict a boring chapter next week.:p just joking! hehe

rayywang
March 30, 2007, 11:59 PM
I doubt Ulq will fight Ichigo. Ulq is so full of himself and people tend to underestimate Ichigo right off. Besides, Ichigo is "Grimmjow's."

However Ichigo could hardly last as Vizard Ichigo against Grimmjow ... I'm pretty sure Ulq is higher than Grimmjow (maybe we'll find out next chapter? He hever really introduced himself in the Arrancar arc).

gigantor21
March 31, 2007, 08:14 AM
I'm pretty sure Ulq is higher than Grimmjow (maybe we'll find out next chapter? He hever really introduced himself in the Arrancar arc).

I agree. A confirmation of his rank and full name is what I'm really looking forward to out of this confrontation, since Ichigo isn't anywhere near as good as Ulquiorra right now.

Besides, Ichigo is "Grimmjow's."

Ha ha, that's just wrong. Seriously.

destinator
March 31, 2007, 09:33 AM
Hm hard to tell whats going to happen. Currently I think half of the chapter might be the end of renjis fight, with either a win or some kind of strange draw...? But maybe he still gets owned or he pulls something new out for us :D

I dont think we will see a Ulq vs Ichi fight. I expect some talking and screaming from Ichigo but Ulq is just beyond his own level and I am sure he will notice that. Maybe Aizen wants to drink some tea with him and to a little chit chat... <.<

toyin
March 31, 2007, 12:19 PM
I think Ulq will offer ask ichigo to join their side and in return will save his friends......
not a fight cos it will be useless.(a pretty long conversation.)

And as for renji, his only hope is to stop the machine and go bankai, both zaera polo must be at his released state first or else k.o for Renji.(cos renji's bankai "not protective" at all, or else new move from chad's training)

yanniv
March 31, 2007, 01:54 PM
Ichigo and Ulq talk about the future of their "rescue."

Zael continues to fight with Renji.

Uryuu encounters Noitora.

Serpent
March 31, 2007, 01:55 PM
I think that Don Chakka hollow will help Renji somehow in fact i'm almost certain that he will be of some use, seeing how Nell and the other one helped Ichigo and Ishida

moscovite999
March 31, 2007, 06:36 PM
I hope we will have in the next chapters something different, because it becomes for me more and more annoying... In anime, the fights will be cool, but in the case of the manga... I am quite tired...

juUnior
April 01, 2007, 05:26 AM
Probably will be more talk with Ichigo and Ulquiorra, maybe some beging of their fight, along with the fight of Renji with Apollo, i think like that ^^

ttxdragon
April 01, 2007, 05:30 AM
We will likely get Ulquiorras ranking in the espada, FINALLY :D

And this fight will either force Ichigo to go totally into hollow-synchro or will likely get him captured...

one of the two it is. imho.

Silhouette
April 01, 2007, 07:04 AM
I think that Don Chakka hollow will help Renji somehow in fact i'm almost certain that he will be of some use, seeing how Nell and the other one helped Ichigo and Ishida

I am afraid Renji ended up with the dumbest and the only useless desert brother and to make metters worse, two servant hollows arrived...they don't look much but I bet anything can beat Don.

**off topic: what's up the forum theme?! weird Borat-like txt and too much pink!**

gigantor21
April 01, 2007, 09:09 AM
Fuck it--if they're going to mess with the forum, then I'm spamming. I don't even know what you said, Silhouette, so I can't respond.

I don't know what it is, but it's annoying as hell. I guess it's just their banana!banana!banana!banana!banana! banana!banana!banana!banana!'s prank, since they didn't bring back the "Under Construction Turtle" and say they were hacked. Hell, I can't even type "A.p.r.i.l." and "F.o.o.l.s" normally, because it turns out being garbage. It's not that funny--I just want to talk about Bleachl.

I'll edit in something relevant when the site goes back to normal.

Quartz-pebble
April 01, 2007, 11:46 PM
Fuck it--if they're going to mess with the forum, then I'm spamming. I don't even know what you said, Silhouette, so I can't respond.

I don't know what it is, but it's annoying as hell. I guess it's just their banana!banana!banana!banana!banana! banana!banana!banana!banana!'s prank, since they didn't bring back the "Under Construction Turtle" and say they were hacked. Hell, I can't even type "A.p.r.i.l." and "F.o.o.l.s" normally, because it turns out being garbage. It's not that funny--I just want to talk about Bleachl.

I'll edit in something relevant when the site goes back to normal.

Lol, all better now.

I still think Renji's going to lose. Apollo -is- the scientist, after all. If he doesn't have some tricks up his sleeves, he's sure to think-out a win.

ninetailfox84
April 02, 2007, 07:45 AM
For the next chapter:

The death of rukia! and Ichigo will go berserk and kill Ulquiorra!

delapaz13
April 02, 2007, 07:59 AM
Maybe we'll know Ulqiuorra's espada rank (maybe Primera) and last name (if he has one,kubo has been telling us lately on the previous chapters)

Stone
April 02, 2007, 09:31 AM
Just a guess at Dodnchakka's abillity:

Smoke comming out of his nose, till it gets hard to find once way, then he might have spottet a way out of this room(into another)

Then he grabs Renj use the skill, Zeal can't see... Runs for the room, Renji can now use full power.

Else he might have some sonic waves or something perhaps, he does have that big mouth after all...

I agree that we'll likely get more info about Ulquiorra

animerawkz
April 02, 2007, 09:34 AM
juz a side note.. not really a prediction but more of an anticipation...

remember in chapter 241, Isshin had went and visited Ryuuken? they chatted for some time and Isshin just sat down as if waiting for something.. and in 240 Urahara had mentioned that its his time to do his part. obviously Urahara knew Isshin(chap 188) and Ryuuken (chap 241). so maybe Isshin and Ryuuken were waiting for Urahara to have a meeting? and then subsequently sometime later, the old peeps would make an appearance and save the day when everything is dire...

doesnt it sound a little true? cuz after all.. From Kubo's style, there are indeed many hidden hints provided... so cant say its totally unexpected or what..

though.. i may be wrong..

toyin
April 02, 2007, 11:09 AM
may be ryuuken and isshin will show up because i doubt social society will involve themselves in such a suicide mission (and also we may see the vizards come to the rescue)

BUT I WILL LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION * WHAT CAN THE THE SS SHINIGAMI'S DO TO MATCH UP TO THE ESPADA (not to talk of the vastrode)????? please reply

bad ass kido or what?

bighawke5
April 02, 2007, 12:29 PM
what i'm thinkin is that besides ichigo and ishida everyone that went to that world is actually looking for suicide. i mean rukia doesn't even know bankai to at least save her ass, chad got very strong but is still no match for the espada. i mean what were they thinking. they almost lost their lives each after their second fight there and weren't even facing the higher espadas not even talkin bout the underdog "aizen"....i mean that says something bout their future at that place after only a few fight with just weaker espadas i mean they havent even faced #s like 4 and up of the espadas and are already dying (RUKIA) SHE JUST GETS ON MY NERVE, AFTER gaining all her powers back all she had the decency to learn was the third dance...fu rukia, wat about something greater like uummm i dont know bankai????. that wouldve saved her ass but o well

anyway on to my prediction i think ichigo will go hollow mask form again and keep on par with that guy or actually hurt him once and then after the 10 or so seconds he can last in that form he'll totally loose then probaly go into full hollow form outta desperation since he's weaker and u know what that means---hollow guy takes over and makes fun of ichigo for being weak .

poopoomaru
April 02, 2007, 11:05 PM
this is my post from the discussion thread of 269 but I feel it is relevant to this thread probably more so. . .

Ulquiorra did comment earlier that Ichigo's reiatsu was fluctuating between trash and higher than him during their first encounter with Yammi by his side. Ichigo may not have to go bankai to beat him but it would be like fighting Byakuya all over again.

I'm still wondering how everyone is going to be saved. It almost feels like there is no hope unless SS sends Zaraki and Byakuya or Ishida's dad and Ichigo's dad show up and pick up whats left of everyone. Alternatively, if Aizen/Jin/Tousen doesn't step in to interfere, then we have two guys who could save everyone - Ishida-kun and Kurosaki-kun assuming Renji is unable to beat this guy. I'm still wondering how the story is going to move on from this "exercise in futility". It almost looks like everyone is going to die.

They would be able to pull off a rescue, but the success of Ichigo and co. rescueing Inoue is based entirely on whether or not Aizen really wants to put effort into keeping her. Which is probably gonna be what this rides on later on. The upper levels of the espada in released form are beyond the scope of power comparable to any normal shinigami present on the SS side, save maybe for Yamamoto in bankai. The main event is supposed to be in a few monthes when Hougyouku awakens, thats when SS is moving to counterattack, thats when according to SS intelligence when Aizen will start his war. SS, well Yamamoto wont send any Captain level shinigami into Hueco Muendo, that would risk losing them before the Arrancar war even started. If anyone is going to save anyone, it will likely be either Some combination of Urahara/Yoruichi/Ishida's dad/Ichigo's dad, or the Vizard crew.

What will most likely happen is after losing maybe 3 espada and having Ichigo reach Inoue and be in the process of rescuing her, they will be be attacked by some more espada, one of the forementioned will come and pull a rescue of all the rescue team, some espada will ask or start to pursue, and Aizen will tell them she isnt worth the effort, and that will be the end of it.

KingLo
April 03, 2007, 12:01 AM
Lol, all better now.

I still think Renji's going to lose. Apollo -is- the scientist, after all. If he doesn't have some tricks up his sleeves, he's sure to think-out a win.

Renji's going Bankai Serpent King.

Amatsu-Tenshi
April 03, 2007, 03:33 PM
Umm... Bankai is supposed to be really hard to obtain. Although bleach makes bankai look weak it actually isn't at all. Most Captains with Bankai can fight on par with Released Arrancar. I look at it like this. Ichigo beat Kenpachi because Kenpachi hasn't released his Zanpaktou. Byakuya was defeated because of Ichigo's Inner Hollow's Getsuga Tenshou attack. It takes 10 years to master Bankai. Ichigo has been using it for like 3 months. If normal Ichigo was as strong as his inner hollow then Ichigo would win. Also if you look at the chapters when Ichigo fights his inner hollow to become a Vaizard, his inner hollow starts to use Cero and judging by the size being manlike, the cero and the power I would say that he would have to be a Vasto Lorde. Also Ulquiorra comments when Ichigo first meets him (Ichigo is trying to supress the inner hollow) that his poer fluctuates and at its strongest is higher than Ulquiorra's. Also isn't Noitora the #1 Espada?

mwalke32
April 03, 2007, 04:21 PM
I think that Ulquiorra is going to mess with Ichigo's head telling him how Inoue came to Hueco Mundo by her own will, thyat no one forced so why is he trying to save someone who isn't exactly a prisoner. Renji and Ishida will probably end up like Sado and Rukia did, and probably as they are about to be killed they will be saved by their rescuers just to make their rescuers rescue more dramatic...

I don't think Urahara can make it to Hueco Mundo cause he is the one to open the gate... I also don't think that Yoruichi should go unless somehow she acquires a zanpaktou because of the damage she takes from just attacking the arrancar let alone taking attacks, and I severely doubt Genryusai sending reinforcements to ppl who directly disobeyed him, and especially not captain level... I think the saviors will be Isshin(he's using the time to regain back all his captain level shinigami powers) and Ishida's father to show another Shinigami/Quincy pair, and this would be the time Ichigo's father reveals his shinigami side to Ichigo..

Raiyuu
April 03, 2007, 05:23 PM
Also if you look at the chapters when Ichigo fights his inner hollow to become a Vaizard, his inner hollow starts to use Cero and judging by the size being manlike, the cero and the power I would say that he would have to be a Vasto Lorde.Vasto Lordes are a subcategory of Menos. Menos are formed from multiple Hollows. Ichigo's Hollow side is a single Hollow.

Wichigo is not a Vasto Lorde.

Also isn't Noitora the #1 Espada?No, most likely not. He claims he's the strongest but also says "killing small-fry won't make anyone admit I'm the strongest" or words to that effect - if he was number 1, he wouldn't need to make others admit he's strongest. He'd already be acknowledged.

I'm pretty sure this chapter will be half Ichigo/Ulquiorra, half Renji/Zaelapollo. I doubt Renji'll force a release out of his opponent so soon - I expect KT to play out the Espada releases the same way he played out the Captains' Ban Kai. Ichigo'll take a wild swing at Ulquiorra and be blocked with one finger, or Nell will warn him not to attack becauase Ulquiorra's too strong (perhaps revealing Ulquiorra's rank in the process?). Whatever happens I want to see Nell's reaction to Ulquiorra. The Desert Bros. seem to know the Espada on sight - her reaction should be an indication of how owned Ichigo's about to get.

LongShot
April 03, 2007, 05:40 PM
Noitora isnt ranked yet...till now just Yammi, Alo, Zaeru and Grimmjow are(10th, 9th, 8th and 6th Espada)

Well, I just expect something different from the old formula were the main caracter is OP and the others just pieces of trash...at least Ichigo, Ishida on your feets in the end OR everybody totally screwed

next chap I guess... Ulqui'll talk a lot probably, we'll see something about Renji's fight and Noitora meeting Uryuu

Omi
April 03, 2007, 06:21 PM
Vasto Lordes are a subcategory of Menos. Menos are formed from multiple Hollows. Ichigo's Hollow side is a single Hollow.

Wichigo is not a Vasto Lorde.

No, most likely not. He claims he's the strongest but also says "killing small-fry won't make anyone admit I'm the strongest" or words to that effect - if he was number 1, he wouldn't need to make others admit he's strongest. He'd already be acknowledged.

I'm pretty sure this chapter will be half Ichigo/Ulquiorra, half Renji/Zaelapollo. I doubt Renji'll force a release out of his opponent so soon - I expect KT to play out the Espada releases the same way he played out the Captains' Ban Kai. Ichigo'll take a wild swing at Ulquiorra and be blocked with one finger, or Nell will warn him not to attack becauase Ulquiorra's too strong (perhaps revealing Ulquiorra's rank in the process?). Whatever happens I want to see Nell's reaction to Ulquiorra. The Desert Bros. seem to know the Espada on sight - her reaction should be an indication of how owned Ichigo's about to get.

Menos are usually formed from several hollows joining ... true. But it is still possible for a strong soul to be consumed and turned into a hollow. Imagine if Rukia wasn't around the night when Ichigo first got a taste of his powers. He would probably be a Vastro Lorde by now. His hollows side was capable for keeping the Viazards busy for a long time (although you can argue that they didn't want to kill him). Right n

This chapter we will see Ichi and Ulquiorra talk and then battle. Ichigo still has spoken to the Old man aka Zangetsu since he gained this new capability. He may need to fight Ulquiorra to achieve access to his next power up.

Amatsu-Tenshi
April 03, 2007, 09:19 PM
A normal Hollow can't use Cero. It is a Menos Ability. So based on the size and strength the only possible explanation for what Ichigo's inner hollow is would be a Vasto Lorde. Also perhaps the reason gillian form from hundreds of hollows is to just concentrate Reiatsu to boost it to that level so with Ichigo's Hollow it could just be he already has enough Reiatsu to be a Menos and because of his power he would be a Vasto Lorde. Unless you can come up with a better explanation I don't see how you can say mine is invalid.

I don't see Isshin coming in to save them. I don't know why but I keep getting the feeling Byakuya is going to save Rukia. Just a feeling I have. That and I want to see him fight an Espada.

LongShot
April 03, 2007, 10:11 PM
Ichigo inner hollow never used cero, was "his body controled by the hollow"(a Vaizard but w/ the hollow side totally on command) when he used...and Vaizards can use ceros

...and follow ur thoughts Hirako is a VL too, amazing reiatsu and a cero that put Grimmjow on his knees

but I'm way too off topic, sry >.>

Raiyuu
April 04, 2007, 06:50 AM
A normal Hollow can't use Cero. It is a Menos Ability.That has never been stated in the manga. Hirako can use Cero, and he isn't a Menos, he's a Vizard.

perhaps the reason gillian form from hundreds of hollows is to just concentrate Reiatsu to boost it to that level so with Ichigo's Hollow it could just be he already has enough Reiatsu to be a MenosGillian form from hundreds of Hollows. Add even more Hollows, concentrate it down, you get an Ajuukasu. Add even more, pack it down into a hugely concentrated package of Hollow power, you get a Vasto Lorde. Single Hollows cannot be Vasto Lordes, regardless of reiatsu: it's not the reiatsu level that distinguishes a Menos from a normal Hollow, it's the fact that Menos are formed from multiple Hollows. The manga is pretty clear on this.

Ichigo could become a Vasto Lorde if he a) gave in and let his Hollow take him over, becoming a full Hollow himself then b) combined with uncountable numbers of other powerful Hollows.

The stuff you said about the size when he transformed is irrelevant because he was a single Hollow. Single Hollows can be human-sized and really weak - see the frog-like Hollow Ichigo fought with Don Kanonji. Or are you going to suggest frog-boy was a Vasto Lorde as well, because of his size?

ForteAnly
April 04, 2007, 01:40 PM
I do agree that Ichigo's Hollow side isn't a Vasto lorde in class. But, is just as strong as one.

deathshadow25
April 04, 2007, 02:44 PM
I was thinking this next chapter might just be about the Espada showing off some of its killer moves and kicking renjis arse. After all he studied all of his moves from Renji's fight with is brother. I'm not sure if Renji showed him everything, but if he did his best choice of action would be a change in strategy and different implemntation of attacks.

manga_freaky
April 04, 2007, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure if I can say this but the chapter seems to be already out in the spoiler thread, though it's labeled fake. Whether it's real or not the art style looks really, i mean close or should i say real.

blueangelx
April 05, 2007, 06:42 AM
renji oughtta show new moves... a sort of shikamaru (from naruto) style kind of strategy to pull himself out of this bad situation... i mean, the circumstance at the moment would demand such an intellectual solution. if he just powers up and overwhelm apollo at shikai level, he'll forever be labelled as a 3rd grade character... besides... the anime episode think 118 flashed back on his copying of ikkaku's style when he was lousier... this sort of sets a stage where renji can break out from behind byakuya, ichigo and ikkaku, and sortta show that he's arrived or something...

bax
April 06, 2007, 02:57 PM
The chapter is out. Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11223)

Go on ahead and discuss the chapter :amuse

ForteAnly
April 06, 2007, 04:01 PM
Damn, this chapter was fuckin great. Next weeks chapter is going to better with Ichigo and Ulquiorra goin at it. Too bad for Renji tough no spotlight this week.

ZomzLeviathan
April 06, 2007, 04:42 PM
Although I haven't read any Translations yet, the only point Ulquiorra seems surprised is when Ichigo emerges in his Vaizard form. And, is it just me, or does being able to handle tge black Getsuga Tenshou only with his hands imply Ulquiorra really is ridiculously powerful, maybe even the fabled 1st rank Espada?

kingfencer
April 06, 2007, 04:57 PM
wow, best epidsode of naruto or bleach so far, freagin awesome. Straight to action, none of the usual bs comic relieft. that arancar guy is strong, i wonder how long ichigo can hold that form, they might of did a time skip while ichigo was training.

Stone
April 06, 2007, 05:03 PM
is it just me, or does being able to handle tge black Getsuga Tenshou only with his hands imply Ulquiorra really is ridiculously powerful, maybe even the fabled 1st rank Espada?

I think that is a bit early to say, looking at the last page.

Konkun
April 06, 2007, 05:09 PM
WOW this is a life or death battle for Ichigo. He has to finish it quickly to get to Rukia, but it looks like its going to be a drawn out fight between the two. Ulquiorra didnt have the chance to release his sword and was fighting with his barehands. But in the end, he must have had released in order not to get badly injured. It'll be a good fight. I think the Vaizards going to enter and save Rukia....they have to or else she will die.

ANBU4U
April 06, 2007, 05:20 PM
WOW this is a life or death battle for Ichigo. He has to finish it quickly to get to Rukia, but it looks like its going to be a drawn out fight between the two. Ulquiorra didnt have the chance to release his sword and was fighting with his barehands. But in the end, he must have had released in order not to get badly injured. It'll be a good fight. I think the Vaizards going to enter and save Rukia....they have to or else she will die.

Hmm it seem as tho she is really injured instead of the usuall bleach fake fatal injuries....

IDK, for some reason I dont think Ulq qould lie. Shes already dead. So the real question isnt how she will be saved, but how she will be bough back to life. Im tellin you some shiningami leaves this arc with hollow abilities...my money's on rukia atm.

Stone
April 06, 2007, 05:30 PM
Hmm it seem as tho she is really injured instead of the usuall bleach fake fatal injuries....

IDK, for some reason I dont think Ulq qould lie. Shes already dead. So the real question isnt how she will be saved, but how she will be bough back to life. Im tellin you some shiningami leaves this arc with hollow abilities...my money's on rukia atm.

Might also just be a statement, that she won't recover from that wound and eventually will die from it.

manga_freaky
April 06, 2007, 05:40 PM
Aren't you guys a bit suprised by the last panel. I mean if that Ulq was overwhelmed by the GT then it would be completely black. I smell some strong Cero here. Plus it would be kinda weird to have him release when he is using his hands to block the attack. But damn that is totally getsuga that we've seen so far. All out!!

Tomodachi69
April 06, 2007, 06:13 PM
I hope Grimmjow comes running to the scene x]

Next chapter will probably have some more of Ichigo trying to fight Ulquiorra, and maybe some commentary from other people. After all, Vaizard!Ichigo's probably releasing tons of energy right now. I'm sure he's noticeable to everyone right now.

Nocturne
April 06, 2007, 06:21 PM
One of the best chapters ever! Man, Ichigo practically didn't let Ulquiorra finish his sentence about taking Orihime when he attacked. It was that quick and I didn't expect it to be that fierce. Awesome! The start of the fight is just too short, I want more. Ichigo was just a blur. I can't wait until next week. :D

Koen
April 06, 2007, 06:40 PM
wooowww, this chapter was psychological awesome: I just liked the eyes of ulquiorra when he felt the ichigo vaizard reiatsu. Man that panel was so awesome, and it seems he won't have it easy

Silhouette
April 06, 2007, 07:12 PM
Ichigo has learned his lesson from the fight with Dorry...but he is betting it all on this one terrifyingly huge black Getsuga Tenshou which I highly doubt is going to be enough to finish off Ulquiorra. It will be a smart move if Ichigo just picks up Nell and runs the hell out next.

We have shinji on the colour spread and I hope this means he's going to appear soon. It's true that vizards hate shinigamis and humans but Shinji has shown willingness to help Ichigo before.

Lord Rae
April 06, 2007, 07:23 PM
Well not that there was really any queston about it but we know for sure that Ulquirra is ranked higher than Grimmy.... since a normal black getsuga left marks on him but Ulquirra seems to have caught a full on mask version.

I don't buy the last panel. This is manga after all. If theres smoke or something obscuring your vision the person being attacked is 99&#37; of the time completely unharmed.

Now would be the time for Orihime to show her new power and teleport the suicide squad out of HM... cause aside from a rescue they're all going down it seems.

Wind_NiN
April 06, 2007, 07:40 PM
Rukia's not dead, Ulquiorra just wants Ichigo to fight at his fullest power.

Stone
April 06, 2007, 07:56 PM
No matter what it seem next week is promissing, just like every other blrach week have been^^

Q: Can anyone give me a link to Naruto 299 and up in MQ or HQ found em at Stoptazmo, but the quallity... is very lq. :-(

naru_naru
April 06, 2007, 08:08 PM
awesome chapter about time tbh KT has been delaying a fight wiht one of the espada and the rescue team. gotta see if ichigo will be able to maintain the hollow form or if its even effective.

sahugani
April 06, 2007, 08:17 PM
My mind is all over the place for some reason today and so i don't think i'll be able to get any serious work done on either of my reviews until tomorrow or late tonight at best.

Just a few things i'd like to note about the chapter though. I'm pretty sure that this fight will not continue much further. In addition to the combat issues that Ichigo doesn't have alot of time to use his mask and Ulquiorra still has yet to release, the story has set up Ulquiorra as too central a character for Ichigo, Orihime, and Aizen so that he can't afford to lose or reveal his true strength right now. I'm still personally hoping that Grimmjow will but in and Ulquiorra will walk away.

deathshadow25
April 06, 2007, 09:32 PM
Rukia's not dead, Ulquiorra just wants Ichigo to fight at his fullest power.

But then why is Orihime reacting the way she is?!

Substance
April 06, 2007, 10:18 PM

+1

Omi
April 07, 2007, 12:00 AM
But then why is Orihime reacting the way she is?!

Cause she feels helpless stuck in the room unable to help Rukia plus she is blaming herself for their coming to HM.

I wonder if Ichigo is going to extend his hollow form this time beyond the few seconds he lasted against #6. For some reason I think he is just going to pick Nell up and rush towards Rukia.

IsshinTaichou
April 07, 2007, 12:13 AM
Also think that grimmjow will come into play in the next chapter or two

hdx514
April 07, 2007, 03:59 AM
ulquiorra saying rukia is dead proves absolutely nothing. ulquiorra has said many wrong things, "orihime's useless" and "i'll finish ichigo when he grows beyond expectations" to name just a few. yammi and grimmjow has shown more sense than he had at times. don't forget aizen himself failed to kill a character of much less importance compared to rukia. chances are, ulquiorra made a mistake again. his ignorance (due partly to his arrogance) is also apparent in this very chapter: he was not supposed to have been surprised like that. he's seen vaizard ichigo in action and dismissed it as nothing.

regarding the duel, well, if there is a way for the female lead to one hit ko 9th espada with shikai in a near death state, then there definitely is a way for the uber shounen hero in bankai vaizard mode to own any espada. not saying it will happen, but nobody can deny there is a sizeable possibility. bottom line is, ichigo has the potential to pwn ulquiorra anytime, and though ulquiorra is fully aware of vaizard ichigo, he is still very SHOCKED by the power. also there is no evidence that ulquiorra's release will do any good, as so far all released arrancars have subsequently lost with NO exception, even the ones that were already owning without release

Also think that grimmjow will come into play in the next chapter or two

ichigo's gone directly to the byakuya of HM, ulquiorra. in light of recent events, i think it's highly probable that the renji of HM, grimmjow, is simply bypassed. ulquiorra himself is having trouble we speak. was ichigo able to give byakuya such trouble in a fight back in S.S. arc? yes, but only LONG AFTER he defeated renji.

Fairy Vearth
April 07, 2007, 04:26 AM
Have you noticed that nell and ichigo are like kenpachi and the little girl with him
I think that is the next solidarity of kenpachi and ichigo
but nell seems to be weak but i think she will learn to fight in a short time like ichigo

neji1988
April 07, 2007, 04:51 AM
Did ichigo kill ulquiorra or did he just injure him?? With that kind of getsuga tenshou it seems like Ichigo killed him

Lady Orihime
April 07, 2007, 08:06 AM
I doubt Ulquiorra is dead. It's about as likely as Rukia being dead.

This was an awesome chapter! Def. one of the best in a long time...

juUnior
April 07, 2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I agree, one of the best from some time :D

First just two awesome colored covers, just pure awesomeness :D And then action with Ichi and Ulquiorra xD I just like moment how Ichigo go full out and boom with Getuga. It's likely that Ulquiorra will do something special about it, because i didnt see a point in that moment to Ulquiorra be deafeted. It actually reminds me of SS moment and second encounter Ichi vs Byakuya. Probably someone maybe will come to the rescue of Ichigo :x

kryu
April 07, 2007, 01:44 PM
I doubt Ulquiorra is dead. It's about as likely as Rukia being dead.

This was an awesome chapter! Def. one of the best in a long time...

i doubt Rukia will remain dead...

Orihime will just use her time-reverse on Rukia and *poof* she'll be alive again.

hdx514
April 07, 2007, 02:54 PM
i doubt Rukia will remain dead...

Orihime will just use her time-reverse on Rukia and *poof* she'll be alive again.

orihime's ability is overated. as we see in this chapter, she can't even time-reverse a door

deathshadow25
April 07, 2007, 03:01 PM
orihime's ability is overated. as we see in this chapter, she can't even time-reverse a door

Time reverse a door ?! how would that work exactly?! Her abilities are really wierd though, you have to admit her powers probably come from such extreme denial that she actually reverses time in order to believe something didn't happen. Maybe thats the source of her power denial after all when she fights she says, I reject!

kingfencer
April 07, 2007, 05:41 PM
i don't know if anyone really think rukia is going to die, these shinagami's has taken alot worst and survived.

gigantor21
April 07, 2007, 06:09 PM
i don't know if anyone really think rukia is going to die, these shinagami's has taken alot worst and survived.

Agreed. If anything, that's an understatement.

Rukia dying after that would be just as anticlimactic as Ichigo beating Ulquiorra in the current fight.

hdx514
April 07, 2007, 10:21 PM
Time reverse a door ?! how would that work exactly?! Her abilities are really wierd though, you have to admit her powers probably come from such extreme denial that she actually reverses time in order to believe something didn't happen. Maybe thats the source of her power denial after all when she fights she says, I reject!

look, she's planning to time-reverse the hougyoku to before its creation - the hougyoku which urahara, THE URAHARA, has failed to destroy. and here she is desperately banging on a bloody door.

leoliox
April 08, 2007, 02:14 AM
Going all out like this is badass !
Go Ichigo ! :D

Ulquilora is expected to be Espada secundo so I think Ichigo will be owned quickly if he fights.. however he's the last one standing, so i don't expect the story to continue with Just Ishida and Orihime.
That's why I think he's going to pull out something new, going hollow a few sec and be whooped right after would be boring...

I wish more characters could come though, this arc is reaching a dead-end with everybody getting owned... Somebody has to save Rukia and Chad who will it be ?

wit2x
April 08, 2007, 02:51 AM
i predict urahara would come in. i think he has the real hougyoku, thats why aizen can not really "open up" the hougyoko's power. He fooled aizen. then he will ultimately use it. lols :)

Boogymanx
April 08, 2007, 06:16 AM
i predict urahara would come in. i think he has the real hougyoku, thats why aizen can not really "open up" the hougyoko's power. He fooled aizen. then he will ultimately use it. lols :)

That would be fairly lame. I doubt Urahara is smart enough to actually think so for ahead as to giving Rukia a fake hogyoku and a gigai that would destroy her reiatsu because Aizen plans on breaking the border between Shinigami and Hollow.

Stone
April 08, 2007, 06:36 AM

Could be becorse her "barrier" can't cover the closed door, she got to have 1 on each side to do it...

Even a paper can be hard to crush if its surface is so smooth that you just glide over it... then powder have no meaning.

notBowen
April 08, 2007, 06:43 AM
Irregardless of whether or not the broad could "reverse" the door or some such crap, it's not like she'd be able to even GET to Rukia anyhow. It's not like she wouldn't be stopped.

Oh why doesn't she just walk up to Aizen and "reverse" him into a baby and kick him in the face? I don't think that's how this works.

Urazz
April 08, 2007, 09:39 AM
I think Orihime's powers potentially don't have any limits but the only limits are that she can only do so much as she is mortal and there is also the fact that she just learned about their full potential and what they are recently. It wouldn't suprise me if the more miraculous and powerful things her powers can do would require more reiatsu than she possesses. Ichigo is the one with the potentially godlike amounts of reiatsu really.

juUnior
April 08, 2007, 10:19 AM
hehe good one :D xDxDxD

But seriously, maybe she will do somthing like that? If not, it will be that is overrated or another thing: Orihime didn;t thought about it :x <half-joke>

blueangelx
April 09, 2007, 03:25 AM
ichigo vs ulquiorra... a little too soon imo... but wth... kubo writes what he pleases... ichigo has such a small chance of winning that a rescue mission by a) father&co b) vaizards c) urahara&co is really likely. ss as usual dont do anything until everything's done... much like the police in movies... hehe

ttxdragon
April 09, 2007, 05:12 AM
I don't think Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra is too soon, just because having him gain much power at this point in time is needed...

but what kinda got me when reading 269 and 270:
Why did Aizen order Ulquiorra to go and fight/confront Ichigo?

Ulquiorra said that those that go against the orders of aizen are fools just some chaps ago, so i don't think he would just go against them too.

Or if Ulq did go against the orders, then what does it mean to the story? Will he defect aizen and fight alongside the earth/ss troups until he can get his own share of the bargain?

Why he appeared there is a total mystery to me, although the plot surely needed something like that.

moscovite999
April 09, 2007, 09:43 AM
I wait for a big, big surprise... in order that my interest for this manga come back!

urinnerchild87
April 09, 2007, 09:54 AM
I don't think Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra is too soon, just because having him gain much power at this point in time is needed...

Just a small observation from the last chapter, but the fight seems to already have started. and right now it looks good for ichigo. remember back when we first met ulqiorra, and ichigo's hollow was preventing him from fighting, ulq said that when his reiatsu peaks it's higher than his. when ichigo is in hollow mode, i think he's at that level and therefore stronger than ulq. just my opinion though.

gigantor21
April 09, 2007, 09:57 AM
Just a small observation from the last chapter, but the fight seems to already have started. and right now it looks good for ichigo. remember back when we first met ulqiorra, and ichigo's hollow was preventing him from fighting, ulq said that when his reiatsu peaks it's higher than his. when ichigo is in hollow mode, i think he's at that level and therefore stronger than ulq. just my opinion though.

Well, I always thought that implied how strong Ichigo would be once he fully mastered his hollow powers. I don't think he's at that level yet--and even if he was, Ulquiorra only has to hold out for 11 seconds, anyway.

totalabsolute
April 10, 2007, 09:26 AM
Well, I always thought that implied how strong Ichigo would be once he fully mastered his hollow powers. I don't think he's at that level yet--and even if he was, Ulquiorra only has to hold out for 11 seconds, anyway.

Well back then when ichigo's power was fluctuating, it was ichigo's banki power and then it was oigichi (inner hollow). he had no control over the hollow so therefore when oigichi was taking over it was his power that Ulquiorra was feeling when it was at his peak, not ichigo's.. So ichigo+ oigichi's Full power = pwned Ulquiorra, end of of story, if oigichi takes over again then its over for Ulquiorra and all the espada unless Ulquiorra is #5 which i doubt. i feel he's #2-4. At this point if ichigo isn't able to take out all the epsada, what is going to happen when Aizen gets a vastro lorde? so it is important for ichigo to get a power up.

ZomzLeviathan
April 10, 2007, 09:57 AM
Well back then when ichigo's power was fluctuating, it was ichigo's banki power and then it was oigichi (inner hollow). he had no control over the hollow so therefore when oigichi was taking over it was his power that Ulquiorra was feeling when it was at his peak, not ichigo's.. So ichigo+ oigichi's Full power = pwned Ulquiorra, end of of story, if oigichi takes over again then its over for Ulquiorra and all the espada unless Ulquiorra is #5 which i doubt. i feel he's #2-4. At this point if ichigo isn't able to take out all the epsada, what is going to happen when Aizen gets a vastro lorde? so it is important for ichigo to get a power up.

Ulquiorra most likely is a Vasto Lorde, because he's the same size as a human and extremely strong.

If Ichigo could beat all of the Espada at this moment in time, what would be the point of having them? There would be no war on the horizon.

gigantor21
April 10, 2007, 12:25 PM
If Ichigo could beat all of the Espada at this moment in time, what would be the point of having them? There would be no war on the horizon.

That's exactly why I thought the premise behind this arc was stupid to begin with. There'd be no point to making Ichigo stronger than the Espada now when everything up to this point since the SS Arc has been in preparation for the war.

Decorus
April 10, 2007, 02:17 PM
Basicly Ichigo has to win in 11 seconds if he can't win in 11 seconds then we might see a growth in Ichigo's powers, but Ichigo won't kill him its not in his nature to do that.

Ichigo in his masked form might be able to defeat any of the Broken masks, but I doubt he can win against Aizen at the current point in the story.
Aizen's Bankei is in I win button against pretty much anyone.

totalabsolute
April 10, 2007, 03:30 PM
Ulquiorra most likely is a Vasto Lorde, because he's the same size as a human and extremely strong.

Not likely since he said "His reatisu is the same as ours, meaning a shingami/hollow combined. But Why is he so surpised i wonder since he saw the vizards the last time they were there. Wait a second, could ichigo's inner hollow be a vasto lorde? That would explain why Aizen sama is interested in him still!!!!!

manga_freaky
April 10, 2007, 04:38 PM
He didn't see Ichigo wear a mask plus i don't think Grim will talk about that fight. There is also a possibility that Aizen & co are already hollowfied.

Omi
April 10, 2007, 05:04 PM
I think he meant Ulquiorra was a Vastro Lorde before he was transformed into an Arrancar.

blueangelx
April 11, 2007, 02:51 AM
a little weird that ulquiorra is surprised at ichigo's hollowization... even the expada knew about it... a possible excuse is that ulq knew about it but didnt expect the reiatsu to be the saem kind as arracar reiatsu... but this is a little lame isnt it? grimjaw would hv reported everything to aizen (willingly or otherwise) n ulq will know at least more than a mere expada. besides... who was the one to bail grimjaw out in ichi vs grimjaw part 2? thus i expect ulq to be owning ichigo in the next chapter...

John M.D.
April 12, 2007, 08:07 AM
I really think that Ulqiorra is a Vasto Lorde. He's the most human looking (well, the first to appear :D ) among the espadas and the most trusted espada of good ol' Aizen-sama, which means that Ulqiorra is one of the strongest espada. It will be extremely surprising if he's just a mere adjuchas. Ichigo's power, as said by him, can reach to a point higher than Ulquiorra's but that doesn't mean that Ulquiorra is lower than a VL. Why? Because fluctuations of powers (I am theorizing here) may be practically occuring in all shiningamis (like adrenaline rushes or sudden outbreak of anger in normal people where strength are magnified). Only Ichigo's fluctuations have larger gaps than normal death gods since he contains more reiatsu than other death gods. (much like naruto) By the way, my favorite espada is Ulquiorra... :D so I really wnat him to be a Vasto Lorde. hahah =D

notBowen
April 12, 2007, 10:56 AM
I would say Grantz is more human looking than Ulquiorra.

gigantor21
April 12, 2007, 12:06 PM

Yeah, definitely. He and his brother are two big kinks in the "human-like=Vastorode" theory, since they're both so low in the Arrancar ranks. That's not to say that Ulquiorra couldn't be a Vastorode, or that there aren't any in the Espada, but his looks aren't a solid point to speculate on.

poopoomaru
April 12, 2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah, definitely. He and his brother are two big kinks in the "human-like=Vastorode" theory, since they're both so low in the Arrancar ranks. That's not to say that Ulquiorra couldn't be a Vastorode, or that there aren't any in the Espada, but his looks aren't a solid point to speculate on.

It makes sense kind of if you think of it in the sense of quality of hybridization of the hollow and shinigami, and as to their rank. We know depending on the intelligence of the hollow they can become human shaped, to an extremely intelligent Zaeru-apollo and fairly intelligent Ifforte the switch from adjuhha and gillian too arrancar when done perfectly would separate out their hollow completely from their unreleased form. Making them human shaped. This would happen probably much later on in the hougyoku's development. Then we can look at Uliquorra as being a much less pure incarnation from a vasto lorde. He is still very much human shaped because he was originally a Vasto Lorde, but he doesnt look quite right because the separation of the hollow form into the released state only wasnt as pure, probably from when the hougyoku was much more unawaken.
This would make sense since for me at least because I get the feeling Uliquorra has been around much longer then some of the other arrancar.

gigantor21
April 12, 2007, 07:45 PM
It makes sense kind of if you think of it in the sense of quality of hybridization of the hollow and shinigami, and as to their rank. We know depending on the intelligence of the hollow they can become human shaped, to an extremely intelligent Zaeru-apollo and fairly intelligent Ifforte the switch from adjuhha and gillian too arrancar when done perfectly would separate out their hollow completely from their unreleased form. Making them human shaped. This would happen probably much later on in the hougyoku's development. Then we can look at Uliquorra as being a much less pure incarnation from a vasto lorde. He is still very much human shaped because he was originally a Vasto Lorde, but he doesnt look quite right because the separation of the hollow form into the released state only wasnt as pure, probably from when the hougyoku was much more unawaken.
This would make sense since for me at least because I get the feeling Uliquorra has been around much longer then some of the other arrancar.

Aizen said that putting in his reiatsu allows him to use the Hogyoku at 100% temporarily, though. I'm sure that Kubo would've specified that the Hogyoku's progression affects the results, since Iceringer and Demoura said they willingly changed forms to increase their power. If they can do it, then the Espada certainly can--which would make it nearly impossible to judge an Arrancar's strength based on their looks, let alone how the progression of the Hogyoku affects their form.

John M.D.
April 12, 2007, 07:50 PM

Hahah! I agree, but considering the intelligence, Ulq is the only (apparently) one who realized orihime's powers right? So i really think he's a vasto lorde. ^^

poopoomaru
April 12, 2007, 08:14 PM
Aizen said that putting in his reiatsu allows him to use the Hogyoku at 100% temporarily, though. I'm sure that Kubo would've specified that the Hogyoku's progression affects the results, since Iceringer and Demoura said they willingly changed forms to increase their power. If they can do it, then the Espada certainly can--which would make it nearly impossible to judge an Arrancar's strength based on their looks, let alone how the progression of the Hogyoku affects their form.

It was just a guess at it, but didnt Aizen say that when it was half awoken, as it was when he was talking, that if it was mixed with a 2x shinigami it would act as though it was fully awake. We have no idea if before when it was barely awake at all whether there was any amount of effort Aizen could put into the hougyoku to make it act as though it was fully awake.

Omi
April 12, 2007, 08:22 PM
I thought he said that it will be fully awaken if it comes in contact with someone with twice the reiatsu of a captain. ... I wonder how much reiatsu masked Ichigo has.

gigantor21
April 12, 2007, 08:44 PM
It was just a guess at it, but didnt Aizen say that when it was half awoken, as it was when he was talking, that if it was mixed with a 2x shinigami it would act as though it was fully awake. We have no idea if before when it was barely awake at all whether there was any amount of effort Aizen could put into the hougyoku to make it act as though it was fully awake.

Again, we don't know that much for sure. Aizen said that it would exert the same amount of power as it would at 100% when his reiatsu was infused with it. I'm sure Kubo would've specified if it wasn't at the same level as the Hogyoku's capabilities once it was fully awakened. He didn't go into any further detail, so I don't want to look into it that deeply when we might not even have to.

darknitemarch
April 12, 2007, 09:46 PM
Wait a second, could ichigo's inner hollow be a vasto lorde? That would explain why Aizen sama is interested in him still!!!!!

If you look at the page when Ichigo is training with the Vizards and he ends up going full hollow, the hollow shape is most definitely that of a Vastolorde, plus he displays powers like instant regeneration and cero blasts - I'm conviced that Ichigo's hollow was developed in a totally unique way compared to the Vizards'. After all, they attempted to create an inner hollow, while Ichigo's inner hollow was an accident. (or planned by Urahara, which it certainly didn't sound like) I hope and think eventually Ichigo is going to be able to control a full body hollow transformation (what I think would be the next step a possible Vizard "bankai").

Aizen's goal is to both fully awaken the Hougyoku and gather up Vastolordes to crush SS; if Hollow Ichigo is a Vastolorde, he'd be interested indeed.

toyin
April 14, 2007, 03:00 PM
Ulr might be a lower case Vastlorde

gigantor21
April 14, 2007, 10:40 PM
I've always thought that Ichigo's full Hollow form looked too bulky and beast-like to be a Vastorode. Also, the low-class Arrancar that Ishida's Dad killed had instant regeneration, and all classes of Menos are able to use Cero. We haven't gotten any indication of what Vastorodes alone can do yet.

And speaking of Vastorodes, Kubo has been way too dodgy about the subject. I'd love for him to address it more directly before this arc ends.

notBowen
April 18, 2007, 05:43 PM
Frankly I wish Kubo never invented the term because I'm really sick of hearing it already.