PDA

View Full Version : Review Chapter 348 Review by miyi

miyi
March 31, 2007, 10:25 PM
Notes:
Review inspired by Gold Knight. As you can see, I follow a similar structure.

Comments greatly appreciated. If I overlooked or misinterpreted anything, or if you have anything to add, please go ahead.

I

juUnior
April 01, 2007, 05:16 AM
Nice review miyi :D I have no more to say ;p But I would rank chapter also like that, 4,5 to 5 :D

jaimacando
April 02, 2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the review. I always like to read other people's points of view.

I thought the chapter was pretty good. It left me wanting for more info which is always a good sign. The next chapter can't come soon enough!

qwan3356
April 02, 2007, 07:02 PM
Good review miyi!
I like the chapter, we got introduced to the hottest female in the manga.
but i sorta got the feeling that she is after something, that her affection towards Sasuke was sorta fake. but hey we won't know til down the road.
and the next guy/girl whoeva that is going to be looks really interesting, can't wait for the next chapter.

miyi
April 03, 2007, 02:07 AM
^Thanks guys.

But to be honest, I'm quite disappointed by the lack of comments. This might be my last review, unfortunately. But we'll see.

Saifi
April 03, 2007, 02:11 AM
hmm... not to be too much of an ass , but ....nice "try"

the review honestly was more prediction than discussion or review, seemed like you picked up what others have said in the prediction/discussion thread n rolled em together , i didnt see any new insight / komment other than ur prediction on next chap (which is similar to many others)

ps i dont agree that suigetsu saying anything to prisoners about sauske bothers sauske in the slightest, i mean he doesnt even care if the team gets along with each other as long as they fulfil the mission , i seriously doubr he has any nostalgia involved in "mirroring" team 7 , i mean he didnt show much emotion seeing the great naruto bridge.

also if i may , exactly in what way is karin like sakura ? ok so sakura has a sharp teeth personality as well, but besides that .......???? i mean almost all girls-hinata had eyes for sauske , so that shouldnt put her similar to sakura ! should it ? and what exactly was shown to give the slightest idea that karin is a medical ninja ? or is it because kabuto was a medical nin and had glasses ? i mean i m not refuting what u said , just wondering if there was a reason for saying it in the chapter you are reviewing . heck i like the idea of team sauske vs team naruto too , but .... i dont see what in the chap points towards it.

anywhoo sorry for being an ass but its just honest response .
ps: saying that ur style is similar to GK didnt help ur cause. comparing withbeen doing this for someone whos been doing it for a while is setting urself up for a fall, because itr made me analyze tha chap as i would for GK ,n personally adding pics of entire pages doesnt make it similar to him (esp as of late)

also intresting how u called it a filler chap but gave it a 4.5/ 5

once again srry for the harsh komment but u did ask for feedback.hope theres no hard
feelings .

edit: thats girls minus hinata

miyi
April 03, 2007, 02:38 AM
^not at all, I appreciate the honesty.

I suppose there are a lot of predictions too, but I also think this qualifies as a review.

And I'm not trying to be like Gold Knight at all, nor am I competing. You're getting the wrong idea. I make no secret that his reviews influences my opinions. And I follow his structure because it's really good, but I do try to be original in my own way.

And yes, there are some parts where I speculate too much, for example, Karin probably being a medical ninja, but that's because I'm comparing her to the parallels between Team Sasuke and Team Naruto. I am not suggesting that my speculations are correct, that is why we are discussing the chapter.

And yes, sometimes I read some of the chapter discussions, but your assumptions that I borrowed ideas from these threads, and incorporated it into my Review, is not true. In fact, when I wrote this review, I made sure not to read any chapter discussions, until I complete my review.

I'm glad you disagreed with me on a lot of things. I don't mind discussing the difference of opinions.

And about the chapter rating, 4.5 in my scale is not necessarily a horrible grade. It's just that at first look, I thought it didn't deserve a perfect 5. I even added that this was an overall decent chapter.

So no offense taken.

Heck, your comment made my day! It's better than not getting a comment at all. Dude, thanks for the comments, keep them coming!

Saifi
April 03, 2007, 12:40 PM
Ok well first off its good that you didn't take offense and secondly i hope you do continue, cause as much as i like GK's Comments , its always nice to hear/read/see what others have to say.

I am srry for misunderstanding what you said about ur comments being "influenced" by GK's.
and since i didn't really check the time you posted your review and what times the same ideas were posted in prediction / discussion threads i shouldn't really have said that u copied them, maybe they got their ideas from ur review!

But ya i have no problems with your speculations either, nor do i outright disagree with all ideas , i was just saying that if you are doing a review its probably prudent to try and use sth from the actual chapter to reason for it .which is how i see GK's reviews different from this one , and i don't often agree with him completely either. again it was prolly the misunderstanding about the comparison with GK comments that got the harsher komment from me (ya i komment rather than comment :-s) anywhoo i do hope you continue to do this. also i think if u pm a mod you can get urs sticky-ied as well , should make it easier to notice and possibly negate your need to be disheartened by lack of comments !

peace !

edit: bold

miyi
April 03, 2007, 01:38 PM
Saifi, thank you, your komments mean a lot.

And I

desjr
April 03, 2007, 04:32 PM
Good review miyi. I am also curious to sasukes plan and the abilities of Karin,Juugo, and maybe suigetsu if he has any more.
Unfortunately this week I ddint have time to do a review but I should have one up for 349.I also wouldn't get to down with the lack of comments either.My last review only had 10 replys and 2 of them were from me,but when when you look at the views you could tell a good amount of people read it.So don't give up on doing reviews just yet.

I like what you did Miyi and how you explain it with out making me say WTF? I think you should continue and i'm looking forward to reading more of your review..

manu
April 03, 2007, 10:34 PM
[quote]Just like last chapter, chapter 348 is somewhat

miyi
April 04, 2007, 01:22 PM
Good review miyi. I am also curious to sasukes plan and the abilities of Karin,Juugo, and maybe suigetsu if he has any more.
Unfortunately this week I ddint have time to do a review but I should have one up for 349.I also wouldn't get to down with the lack of comments either.My last review only had 10 replys and 2 of them were from me,but when when you look at the views you could tell a good amount of people read it.So don't give up on doing reviews just yet.

Yeah, I enjoyed your last review. :D

Depending on my busy college schedule, I may not have time to do reviews on a consistent basis. But I'll try.

I like what you did Miyi and how you explain it with out making me say WTF? I think you should continue and i'm looking forward to reading more of your review..

Thanks for the kind words. If you guys have any suggestions on improvement, that will help me a lot.

Um if this is "fillerish" what does it take to not be? Naruto isn't about fights only, for me this chapter is what real Naruto should be about even if it isn't showcasing Naruto at all. Instead its focusing on Sasuke who is the rightful second star of this manga. Sai has had more character development in Part II so far so a slow chapter about Sasuke and his master plans works out for me fine and makes me glad I read through the crappy Rasenshuriken training.

I didn’t say it was “fillerish” because it lacked action. What I meant was the unnecessary “fangirlish” aspect; Karin’s obsession of Sasuke.

But a lot of people are suggesting that Karin may be putting on an “act”. That makes sense, considering she was previously loyal to Orochimaru. So I take it back. No, it’s not “fillerish”.

And I agree with you, I prefer that these characters are well developed in their debuts. And I don’t mind at all that we’re seeing a lot more of Sasuke, his new teammates and his master plans, as long as the plot keeps moving. I’m not a big fan of action-only, either.