PDA

View Full Version : Character The Gecko Moria thread

Pages : [1] 2

Absolutio
April 03, 2007, 07:42 AM
Well. We have planty of important villians and pirates thread, so I thought I might as well make one for our new super villian - Gecko Moria, the Shichibukai, whos name is even feared by his own minions.

So we already know he's a huge giant, so what do you think his abilities are? Did he ate a devil's fruit? Or does he just have the awesome strength of a giant? Same for his minions, and the general zombies. We could expect a fight between zoro and the samurai one who cut Nami, Ussop and Chopper already, and in the last chapter we saw another swordsman general zombie.

Feel free to post here your assumptions and guesses, as well as new knowledge gained by the newest chapters to come.

Paz42
April 03, 2007, 11:44 AM
hmmm i think hes gonna be some form of giant freakish clown but then again im not sure on this because we already have our good old villain buggy who is a clown aswell. But for all we know buggy could have modeld himself on moria what with him having a bounty over that of luffys so he must be famous.
I dont know if hes going to be zombieish like the rest of his crew seems to be. I think theres some really good chances for amazing fights in this arc I think the major fights are going to be

Luffy Vs Moria Gear third would be amazing in this fight would be really interesting to see I think it will take place in some form of huge booby trapped room

Zoro Vs Ryuuma obviously zoros gonna want to after hearing about his story or he may have even heard of him already

Sanji Vs ? not sure one of the other zombie generals im sure but which one i dont know

Ussop Vs The four armed gun totting zombie general hes obviously going to be some kind of legendary sharp shooter

Nami Vs Absalom nami does like to beat perverts and even this guys soldiers call him a perv so i think that would be interesting

Chopper Vs Hogback Doctor vs Doctor think this would be really interesting

Franky Vs The big hulking armourd zombie General

Robin Vs Perona im not sure why i think this but id like to see it to see how robin dealt with the "negative" ghosts

FrAnKy - The Cyborg
April 05, 2007, 10:07 AM
Maybe In My Humble Opinion The Same Gecko Is A Zombie Giant, Helped In Past By HogBack Who Resurrected Him [Who Belonged To The Shadow Used To Resurrect Him?]...In OP It's All Possible No?

About The Matches I Posted My Opinions In The 451 Thread.

gensou
April 05, 2007, 05:55 PM
i think his ability is never dieing, since he a zombie, that make zombie, lol.

jumbohiggins
April 07, 2007, 11:55 PM
well hes the one who stole brooks and that other guys shadows right so its probably something along those lines. i mean BB already has the darkness fruit thing going so its probably not that but maybe like absorbing things or something(might explain why he / shes so big)

by the way i think its a she i dont know why i just do

Paz42
April 08, 2007, 09:25 AM
i think on moria himself i think that his ability is able to steal shadows and this has somthing to do with the whole zombie porcess he steals the shadows and then hogback creates the weird zombies or fixs damaged bodies and the shadows have somthing to do with the bringing back to life im not sure on the details yet but im thinking its going to be somthing like that

Mugiwara_no_Jack
April 10, 2007, 01:27 PM
I don't think that Moria is a normal giant, because of Luffy's Gear 3rd.
If Moria was just an ordinary giant it would be too easy for Luffy to beat him ... it is a good opportunity to see a giant with devil fruit ability :) (and I know, everyone wants to see a giant with DF ability ;) )

OP_overlord
April 10, 2007, 08:23 PM
hell yes the raw physical power and an unnatural power that would be awsome

Kikuna992
April 12, 2007, 08:36 AM
I hope luffy can take 3rd gear a step further so that his whole body can be in giant form not just his arms and legs.
Now that would be a fight!

Absolutio
April 12, 2007, 11:27 AM
I dont think the Gecko Moria is a zombie, he just runs a zombie army. But I too think he has a devil fruit power, but probably a permecia (hope i spelled it correctly) type. Kinda hard to imagine a huge giant having a logia devil fruit, :p

Paz42
April 12, 2007, 04:55 PM
i dunno i kinda hope that he doesnt have a Df because i dont think that only way some one becomes powerful in the world of Op is that they have a devil fruit power i mean look at zoro hes amazingly powerful fighter and has a huge bounty but i dont know where oda is going to go with this and we dont really know much about moria himself just his crew

sahugani
April 12, 2007, 05:10 PM
i dunno i kinda hope that he doesnt have a Df because i dont think that only way some one becomes powerful in the world of Op is that they have a devil fruit power i mean look at zoro hes amazingly powerful fighter and has a huge bounty but i dont know where oda is going to go with this and we dont really know much about moria himself just his crew

i agree. Since entering the Grand Line, every single major enemy Luffy has faced has been a DF user. As Mihawk, Shanks and most of the Strawhats have proven to us, devil fruits are not all that define strength in the Grand Line as the abilities of normal humans (or other races) often surpass those gained through DF. i think Moria does not have a DF and the ability to take shadows belongs to a person or device under his command. Luffy needs an opponant without a DF every once in a while

Anti-panda
April 12, 2007, 10:13 PM
DF users are supposed to be rare. And even if thier are supposed to be a large number of them in the grand line, I'd like to see some people with unique powers who don't have a DF power. Too many DF users really cuts down on the impact of when a real powerful one shows up. Think about it how many villians don't have a DF.

Alvida- with DF GREAT :) without it ... ewe.... :(
Axe hand morgan - yeah he was a chump but he let us see how awesome luffy and zoro are.
Buggy - Chop chop man yeah he's my favorite villian .... mostly cause he's not a real villian.
Captain Kuro/ Kurodohl - no Df but first person to attribute beyond human abilities without a DF ... that's gotta count for something ... but I don't like him.
Don Krieg - Doochebag with alotta weapons ... that about sums him up.
Smoker - Now you could say he's not a villian but he was the big opposition for the whole Rogue Town arc.
Baroque works - many of them had DF ... but in defense for them the ones that didn't were retarded.
Wapol - DF .... that's about it ... I can't even hate this guy ... it's like kicking a guy in a wheel chair it's nothing to be proud of.
Crocodile - The second Logia type were introduced too. And the first Shinchibukai.
Bellamy the heyena - Df and he's a looser ... a big time Rookie... yeah right.
Enel - Logia type and well F'in CRAZY.
Foxy the Silver Fox - DF .... Oyabin We Love You!!!!
Akoji - What the Hell. Not only a logia but pretty much freaking indestructable.
Cp9 - Only two members didn't have DF I think. Chappa pa papa ... The owl not sure if his zipper mouth was just weird but he didn't use any DF.
Rob Lucchi = DF and really strong.
Black beard = not introduced as a main villian yet but he has a DF and it's a logia with no apparent weaknesses.
Gekko Moria ---- Who knows .. I hope not but hey I don't really matter that much!! ;)

If I forgot any of the villians ehh.. remind me or something. And anime filler villians don't count. In real life and in the hearts and minds of real OP fans. Same for movie only Characters.

OP_overlord
April 12, 2007, 10:27 PM
these are just people worth mentioning:
the captins in the marines - they are cheating they have atleast 2 to many
sengoku - no clue
dragon - he full of hot air
garp - mastered the fist of love and is crazy
WB - could have the light DF but we dont know (many theories still about)
jaguar d saul, dorgi, borgi and the other two giants - giants so they are atomatically super strong but they were amsome just the same
shanks - luffy ate his DF (that little bastard lol) and we know of no one on his crew that has a DF .... o and Shanks is bad ass
Mihawk - human and the best swordsman around
arlong and crew - no DF there but strong because of race like the giants
the skypei preists' - no DF there but they had cloud weapons and cheaty abilities they were like a logai DF user you can only hit them off gaurd cause they could just read your mind and dodge the attack
wiper - strong but he has teh dials and a bazuka (a real one unlike luffy)
gen fall - had the lance and the horse that had a DF but he was clean

and there must be more
why does everone forget that sanji and franky have no DF when they talk about the Sh crew and the strong fights on it that dont use a DF, they act like Zoro is the only strong one there

Paz42
April 13, 2007, 08:16 AM
well i was just using zoro as an example and he (correct me if im wrong) has the second highest bountie out of the crew. Sanji and Franky are still amazing bad asses so they are also good examples of above normal abilities and knowledge. Also what about the number of captins the crew fought against at the end of the enies lobby arc alot of them had Devil fruit abilities aswell not that they have been major villains but still there where a fair number of them.

But i agree with Anti-panda that the DF's are supposed to be quite rare like take Black Beard for instance he said he had to work really hard and long time just to get the DF he was after so i think there are few of them out there locked up just people are to scared of what they abilitys are and loosing the ability to swim. Does any one think there is some form machine or ability that allows people to know the power of a devil fruit because shanks seemed to know the gomu gomu fruit before luffy ate it and black beard knew the ability of his DF before he ate it aswell where as CP9 members didnt know what powers they where going to receive from theirs just a thought.
But i was also thinking bit more back on topic that the fight where all expecting to happen Gecko Moria Vs Gear 3rd Luffy i can see a interesting point in this fight because if luffy has to use gear third for a long period of time then hes going to eventualy get tired and have to leave gear 3rd so hes going to become chibi luffy now chibi luffy against a giant is going to be one interesting thing to see and seeing as chibi luffy stays around the about the same time as he was in gear third then that could be quite a while

Mugiwara_no_Jack
April 13, 2007, 08:25 AM
I am looking forward to the fight Moria vs. Luffy Gear 3rd:

Luffy fights with Moria in his normal level (Gear 1st if you want to call it like that).
Moria: hahaha you can't beat me like that
Luffy uses Gear 3rd
Moria looks at him seeing Jesus or something (<-- totally overwhelmed and surprised, in this typical way Oda draws ^^)

Yeah I am really looking forward to it ...

Anti-panda
April 13, 2007, 05:42 PM
That'd be cool and it'd make gear 3rd more cool. Lets face it gear 3rd was completely overshadowed by gear 2nd last chapter.

OP_overlord
April 13, 2007, 11:14 PM
i dont think that luffy has mastered the 3rd gear he can only use it in some body parts not all of them at the same time.

Paz42
April 14, 2007, 03:23 PM
ye i agree i think at some point a fight that hes going to come up agaist a reasonably strong person on his way to moria and get a step towards perfecting gear 3rd

OP_overlord
April 14, 2007, 10:29 PM
that could happen and it will because he has to master gear 2 and 3 so that when he fights and element he can go gear 4

Anti-panda
April 15, 2007, 06:54 AM
that could happen and it will because he has to master gear 2 and 3 so that when he fights and element he can go gear 4

I think he needs to master Chibi - Luffy ... there is great power there. It' is the true Gear 3. LOL
Nah but it'd be seriously cool to see mini-luffy beating up on some huge guy.

Absolutio
April 15, 2007, 12:33 PM
CHIBI POWAH FTW!!!
:P
i guess he could get into someone nose and make a mess there!

Paz42
April 15, 2007, 03:32 PM
hell yeh gecko trying to eat luffy or somthing and luffy kicking the crap outta geckos mouth that would be awesome

OP_overlord
April 15, 2007, 10:52 PM
but that kinda already happened with warpol and Oda doesnt like to have two of the same thing go down (but luffy could make reference to the fact that it is the second time hes tried to be eaten)

jeffhmwong
April 16, 2007, 03:37 AM
Errr....guys....i am just wondering....has moria shown his face yet?

Or is he the big size monster sleeping behind the castle?

Kinda blur at this saga....very complicated

Absolutio
April 16, 2007, 11:48 AM
he's the big guy whos minions had to blow his sleeping nose bubble with an arrow to wake him up. =P

Anti-panda
April 16, 2007, 04:16 PM
They haven't really established who gekko is ... they've implied that he's the big guy.. but you never know until oda tells you flat out.

OP_overlord
April 16, 2007, 05:19 PM
yeah that could be an attack suit and gekko rides on he back ontroling it or something like that

jeffhmwong
April 16, 2007, 11:00 PM
They haven't really established who gekko is ... they've implied that he's the big guy.. but you never know until oda tells you flat out.

Ya...theres nothing saying hes's (the fat guy) is gecko. Originally I presumed the Zombie Samurai (whom hit nami usop and chooper) was gecko.

Paz42
April 17, 2007, 04:41 PM
maybe thats it gecko is this tiny person in control of this huge battle suite and could have a mini battle with chibi luffy

Anti-panda
April 17, 2007, 07:50 PM
maybe thats it gecko is this tiny person in control of this huge battle suite and could have a mini battle with chibi luffy

That would be awesome... the only thing i could think of that would be cooler would be maybe Chibi luffy using a watered down version of Gear 2nd. Vs Little gekko moria

Paz42
April 18, 2007, 09:02 AM
That would be awesome... the only thing i could think of that would be cooler would be maybe Chibi luffy using a watered down version of Gear 2nd. Vs Little gekko moria

hehe ye that would be amazing this little powered up chibi luffy fighting against a mini moria.

I some how dont think that this is a possobiltie i think what we see with moria is what we get a giant i think that oda has brought this in to show just how powerful luffy has gotten now he has gear 2nd and 3rd and where he can go with theese new abilites.

Im just really really curious about the whole zombie/shadow stealing has got to with moria and where brooke fits in to the whole situation and when we are going to see him again

:EDIT: just a quick thought while browsing through some old chapters so far all the Shichibukai have had some form of animal themesuch as Donquixote Doflamingo obviously a flamingo from his name and his pink feather coat and Bartholomew Kuma kuma being bear and his little hat with the ears so i was wondering is "Gecko" Moria going to have some form of lizard related theme ? Just a thought

Absolutio
April 18, 2007, 01:11 PM
if the theory of mini moria in a large battle suit is correct, it will be just like with earth worm jim, but instead of an earthworm, there'll be a mutant lizard in that huge armor. :p maybe that'll be the connection =D

Paz42
April 18, 2007, 02:06 PM
if the theory of mini moria in a large battle suit is correct, it will be just like with earth worm jim, but instead of an earthworm, there'll be a mutant lizard in that huge armor. :p maybe that'll be the connection =D

lol i hadnt thought about that hmmmm the plot of mini moria thickens

i cant wait for the next chapter to come out i really hoping that we learn somthing more about moria or even a better look at him (or his battle suit if our cunning theorys are correct) im just so curious about this arc we know nothing about what is going on its starting to get really awesome aswell like so many different villians have been introduced its just boiling up to an amazing fight

OP_overlord
April 18, 2007, 10:46 PM
thanks for backing up my theory better than i could but i was reading kenshin and that is where i got that idea

but i have another question about him does his shadow stealing abilites have anything to do with the fact that the generals have the same attacks/ morals as the crew (zoro/snaji) and brooke laugh,... or if it is someone under his comand like hogback makeing these people into zombies

Anti-panda
April 19, 2007, 12:37 AM
Hmmm if attaching a soul gives a reanimated corpse a soul .. or at least part of one ... we have to ask ourselves if brooke can't go into the sun ... because he'll be destroyed .. does that mean all the zombies in thriller bark share that same weakness.
And of course if you have part of someones soul attached to you, you'd start taking on personality trait's of the soul that has been attached.
I bet it's like a smoothie. there's some of the real you and some of the person who's shadow is attached to you.
So basically if luffy .. or someone can dispel the shadow ... or fog.. clouds... whatever is keeping thriller bark in the dark, then that'll clear up all the zombies. except that'd kill at least brooke too... probably sanji and zoro too.

But the real question I have is this. Is hogback the real Dr. Hogback...????
Or is he just someone else who has had Dr. Hogback's shadow attached to thier reanimated corpse. Thus gaining his knowledge and abilities.
Something to think about.

Paz42
April 19, 2007, 04:27 AM
thats the basic theory that i have shadow contains part of the soul shadow stolen and is usedd to re-animate corpse hence why they have personality traits of the people whos shadow they have had. now i dont know if there skills are copied aswell because we dont know that brooke has any swordmanship skills like the samurai zombie general(forgot his name) that we believe has his shadow but then looking at the penguin dog and 3 sword style zombies both seem to have skills similar to zoro and sanji its most confusing

OP_overlord
April 19, 2007, 08:10 PM
well going from what anti panda said the samuri could have been a sanuri in his life and when brroke shadow got attached to him he got brookes laught and personality while his skills remainded his (and brooke wasnt weak cause he and his crew made it all the way to the new world entrance)

Anti-panda
April 20, 2007, 01:24 AM
I've had some thoughts about gekko moria and his namesake. He may not be lizard like at all. I mean look at crocodille ... his weakness was water. A crocodille spends most of it's life in the water. So it could go one way or the other. I still like the Idea's we've been throwing around in here. But i'm having doubts.
Either way I expect that we're all wrong and Oda will go in another completely different direction than any of us expect.

Paz42
April 23, 2007, 05:00 AM
ye there is no way to look into odas head and see what he is thinking and even if you could i dont think it would make sense lol but i think that maybe gecko is going to be quite a lazy person but once he starts to move hes lightning fast such as an acctual gecko.

Dark soul within
April 23, 2007, 02:26 PM
Well so far, the name of each Shichibukai only refers to their appearance: Dracule "Hawk Eye" Mihawk - associated with a hawk due to his eyes, Bartholomew Kuma is associated with a bear due to his size and bear-like appearance, Donquixote Doflamingo has a flamingo like appearance with his pink feathered top, Jimbei is speculated to be a whale shark fishman because Jimbei Zame is Japanese for whale shark....Crocodiles name most probably refers to his personality rather than anything else.

So i think Gecko Moria might just have some physical characteristic (clothes, facial appearance etc) in association with a gecko.

He probably has more abilities involving shadows besides removing them from a person and attaching it to a zombie.

sushi
April 25, 2007, 02:35 AM
that may be true but isn't gecko fat???

Paz42
April 25, 2007, 06:10 AM
alot of the giants that we have come across so far havnt been exactly in shape so i dont think it really matters and look at the fat guy on shanks crew supposed to be the fastest guy in the world so i dont think it really matters about size.

mars0103
April 25, 2007, 09:42 AM
morias abilitys looks like he gives life to the lifeless. he could be able to do this if moria was the person that stole th humming swordsmans (skeleiton) shadow.

Anti-panda
April 26, 2007, 12:34 PM
Look how large Edward newgate .. White Beard is... he's not as big as a giant ... But he's freaking huge for a man...
More like a human who suffers from Giant-ism .. taken to a large Oversized embelishment.

Plus who knows how many "Other" races and species we'll encounter in the world of OP>
Maybe he's a Halfgiant - Halfclown. A romance made in ... not heaven ... the other place... Hell.

Kikuna992
April 26, 2007, 02:25 PM
About Gecko Moria having physical characteristics of a gecko, you never know, he might climb up vertical walls at great speed and be reptile like however I don't think that Gecko is from the animal gecko because a gecko is not "gecko" in japanese but something completely different. All the other shichibukai have names that have Japanese meaning.

Paz42
April 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
About Gecko Moria having physical characteristics of a gecko, you never know, he might climb up vertical walls at great speed and be reptile like however I don't think that Gecko is from the animal gecko because a gecko is not "gecko" in japanese but something completely different. All the other shichibukai have names that have Japanese meaning.

Your right but what about Sir Crocodile or Donquixote Do"flamingo" or Mi"hawk" im pretty sure there not japanease but the only two so far that are japanease words are Jinbei wich is somthing along the lines of whaleshark i think and Bartholomew Kuma, Kuma being bear.

But i agree hes not going to be a slow chap i think hes going to be quite fast and agile like his name sake forcing luffy to try and combine gears 2nd and 3rd using 2nd to keep up speed wise and 3rd to match size with the obviously larger then life moria but then i could be wrong

Crenzel
April 26, 2007, 05:42 PM
I bet he has a forked tongue. =P
wait.. it should be =-<

>< that just looks like a sad face

OP_overlord
April 26, 2007, 10:20 PM
i do like that theory that altho gekko is big and fat he is fast makeing luffy go gear 2 and 3 at the same time that would be a good fight and then chibi luffy going at it with fast and strong gekko.

Absolutio
April 27, 2007, 04:11 PM
gear 2+3 is a good theory, since we didnt see it yet, and i dont think it should be impossible. but i dont think that gecko is fast (and less he has the fast fast fruit, or something like that :p ), but he's probably strong anyways. I mean, he's so huge, by the time you get from the place you're standing, to him, he can throw lots of hits at you. deadly ones.. =D

Anti-panda
April 27, 2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah but im thinking combining gears 2nd and 3rd might completly reek havok on luffy's body. Look at what they do individually .. combined it might just whoop his A$$. Serious damage. Both to him and his enemies.

OP_overlord
April 27, 2007, 10:55 PM
but the fight would be kick ass and even but luffy doesnt count odds like we do he fights head first anyway

Paz42
May 10, 2007, 06:00 AM
ye i think its somthing luffy is really likely to do if his friends are in danger or moria does somthing to really anger him like saying that he cant reattach shadows so there all doomed or somthing and luffy being all well ill have to beat the answer outta you and going gear ill call it gear 5th lol it would rip him apart and leave him quite bad but i think its somthing thats quite likely if not in this arc at some point in the future
[hr]
now i know i was the last person to post on this thread but i just had a thought.

I know we where saying on here that maybe the giant looking body was a battle suit but what if its not morias orginal body you know he had hogback do somthing so that his mind is in a much more powerful custome made body i know its like the battle suite idea but i think it would fit much better with the current theme of the arc

Raijatsu
May 11, 2007, 03:35 PM
I think he had some major altering on his body aswell! Every member of his crew, except Perona, have stitches all over their body, even if it simply a stupid smile like hogback.

Overall he looks quite nice, a funny devil theme, if he is a giant he is pretty small compared to the others, a napoleon-complex would explain why he always looks for strong minions and why he relies on others.

MDLatqp
May 11, 2007, 04:13 PM
ye i think its somthing luffy is really likely to do if his friends are in danger or moria does somthing to really anger him like saying that he cant reattach shadows so there all doomed or somthing and luffy being all well ill have to beat the answer outta you and going gear ill call it gear 5th lol it would rip him apart and leave him quite bad but i think its somthing thats quite likely if not in this arc at some point in the future

now i know i was the last person to post on this thread but i just had a thought.

I know we where saying on here that maybe the giant looking body was a battle suit but what if its not morias orginal body you know he had hogback do somthing so that his mind is in a much more powerful custome made body i know its like the battle suite idea but i think it would fit much better with the current theme of the arc

I really like that idea! That perhaps Moria's been 'body-jumping' into bodies he likes.... But now that I think about it, he wouldn't have all the knowledge and stuff that his original body has. So unless he's found a way to transfer that as well or something....

Anti-panda
May 11, 2007, 07:03 PM
I hate to be a buzz kill but im begining to think maybe we all just saw gekko from a bad angle or something because he isn't really that big.
It' might be kind of cool if he changes size depending on how much light is present in the area he's in. Like in complete darkness he's giant size .. but in well lit rooms he's just about double the norm.

MDLatqp
May 11, 2007, 09:45 PM
I hate to be a buzz kill but im begining to think maybe we all just saw gekko from a bad angle or something because he isn't really that big.
It' might be kind of cool if he changes size depending on how much light is present in the area he's in. Like in complete darkness he's giant size .. but in well lit rooms he's just about double the norm.

You're not really being a buzz-kill. because a lot of people seem to think that Gecko Moria is a bit...small. I personally think so too, and that it doesn't really bear any explanation (like some other characters that are big).

OP_overlord
May 11, 2007, 10:11 PM
he could be half giant of something but i still think he is super strong and if the SH dont do something fast they are in trouble.

Paz42
May 12, 2007, 08:36 AM
im really looking forward to what number 900 will be like. But was any one else disapointed with how moria looked or was it just me i mean its not gonna stop me reading or anything like this still loving this arc but i just was hoping for more maybe

jeffhmwong
May 12, 2007, 11:30 AM
Hmm....the onli ability Moria has seem is the ability to take ones shaddow. Fighting capablities, i dont think hes as strong as Crocodile/Mihawk or other SHnchibukai.

6thangel
May 12, 2007, 06:47 PM
While taking others shadows to make an army of zombies is extremely powerful I think there is more to it.

My guess is that Moria can control his own shadow and attack people with it as well.

Anti-panda
May 12, 2007, 07:19 PM
Maybe if he attacks your shadow you take the damage like normal. I don't know there has to be more to it than just being able to slice off and reattach shadows. What is really interesting is why and what he is offering Hogback to get him a once respected surgeon to cooperate with him. Because I doubt that hogback is being forced to do such quality work.. he seems quite dedicated to making a invincible zombie army.

OP_overlord
May 12, 2007, 07:48 PM
yeah true he might not be strong but he has one of the strongest crews in the world

i kinda like the way he, looked this arc is the oppisite of skypie so he is the devil just like enerue is god it made sence to me

Paz42
May 14, 2007, 06:30 AM
What is really interesting is why and what he is offering Hogback to get him a once respected surgeon to cooperate with him. Because I doubt that hogback is being forced to do such quality work.. he seems quite dedicated to making a invincible zombie army.

I was thinking about this and i think that the hogback we have been introduced to isnt the true hogback. in the sense that moria has removed the shadow of the true hogback so as to have his amazing surgical abilities to create the zombie bodies and using the name hogback a world renownd name will lure people in i dunno if that makes sense

Anti-panda
May 15, 2007, 01:46 PM
I was thinking about this and i think that the hogback we have been introduced to isnt the true hogback. in the sense that moria has removed the shadow of the true hogback so as to have his amazing surgical abilities to create the zombie bodies and using the name hogback a world renownd name will lure people in i dunno if that makes sense

But if that is the case .. why does he refer to himself as hogback and why do others? I mean ryuma has brooke's shadow but he doesn't refer to himself as brooke. So what would they have to gain? Considering that when the strawhats landed how would they know if anyone on board the ship would even recognize the name hogback.
I find it much more likely that it is the real hogback with someone wicked's shadow attached to him making him want to do bad things. Like the shadow has tainted him to become wicked and stray from the path of the doctor he once was.

Paz42
May 15, 2007, 06:32 PM
ahhh yes well most pirate crews are bound to have a doctor and most doctors would probably know the name hogback and robin chwan also seemd to know his name so what i was trying to say is that maybe he just uses the name to lure people in and hes been doing it so long just uses the name all the time.

But i do like the theory that he has had some one evils shadow attached to him i also the like the idea that living people can also have shadows attached to them can u imagine if luffy ended up fighting moria with all the skills of zoro and sanji aswell that would kick like well i think i would die of happiness right then nuff said

Anti-panda
May 15, 2007, 07:21 PM
ahhh yes well most pirate crews are bound to have a doctor and most doctors would probably know the name hogback and robin chwan also seemd to know his name so what i was trying to say is that maybe he just uses the name to lure people in and hes been doing it so long just uses the name all the time.

But i do like the theory that he has had some one evils shadow attached to him i also the like the idea that living people can also have shadows attached to them can u imagine if luffy ended up fighting moria with all the skills of zoro and sanji aswell that would kick like well i think i would die of happiness right then nuff said

Lol KICKA$$ .. Thank you!!! You just gave me the greatest mental image ... Gomu Gomu no Jet Oni-Giri. Awesome.
I'm wondering if gekko and his big three subordinates... Absolom, hogback, and perona.. Wont be able to be taken down easily ...
warning spoilers ahead.
By being purified

Perona obviously wont be taken out by any normal method, she appears to be a wraith of some kind that can become a ghost and control various spirits. Absolom has weird freaky inviso-powers. And hogback -or- Anti-hogback whatever also appears to be a remarkably skilled surgeon. I don't think any of them are going down easy. Let alone Gekko moria.

Paz42
May 16, 2007, 05:34 AM
that would kick ass!!! just luffy stretching with zoros sword fighting and sanjis kicking ability i doubt it will happen but its just like the most awesome idea

But ye i think its gonna be

Luffy Vs Moria
Perona Vs Robin Chwan
Absolom Vs Franky
Hogback Vs Chopper

Then what i think i would like to see is sanji and zoro either fighting against the shadow versions of themselves or fighting against the shadow versions of the other so zoro against pendog and sanji against the three sword using guy forgot his name

Absolutio
May 17, 2007, 06:38 AM
You forgot mentioning Luffy vs. Oz! That fight will be even better than luffy vs. moria in my opinion.

I hope Oda wont make Moria's kage kage no mi abilities like Shikamaru's shadows abilities. He can be way more creative than that. =D The peter pen's shadow seperation from the buddy although not 100% original, is very creative and cool (in my opinion).

Edited because of references to the latest OP chapter. Remember it isn't allowed to talk about the latest chapter outside of Discussion and Predictions threads until the week-end passed. Make attention because it is a serious offense.

Anti-panda
May 17, 2007, 03:26 PM
I'm betting on Franky Vs. Oz ... Monster man vs Man Monster. I'll let you decide which is which. ;)

Thats my bet anyways.
I'm still stuck on perona vs robin~chwan
chopper and nami Vs hogback and cindry
Sanji vs Absolom
Luffy vs Gekko
Brooke vs Ryuma
Zoro vs One of the yet unnamed general zombies.
Ussop vs Captian jack.. the zombie with the pistols.

those are my matchups ///// for now anyway.

Paz42
May 18, 2007, 06:53 AM
You forgot mentioning Luffy vs. Oz! That fight will be even better than luffy vs. moria in my opinion.

i hadnt read the new chapter at the time so i wasnt aware of this but i dont think luffy will fight him im not to sure about what where going to see from oz but have to wait and see

Thats my bet anyways.
I'm still stuck on perona vs robin~chwan
chopper and nami Vs hogback and cindry
Sanji vs Absolom
Luffy vs Gekko
Brooke vs Ryuma
Zoro vs One of the yet unnamed general zombies.
Ussop vs Captian jack.. the zombie with the pistols.

those are my matchups ///// for now anyway.

And i agree on all theese fights hadnt thought that hogback might try and use cindry in his fight maybe having nami screaming at cindry that she has to remember her real life and such. And Ussop vs captin jack i hadnt thought of that as there seems to be more behind this charcter and if im not mistaken last time we saw buggy wasnt he looking at a captin jacks map ? maybe hes going to tell ussop the location of his treasure when he beats him and thats when straw hats will meet the buggy pirates again !

Not sure about zoro which is the only thing i have a theory about this i think brooke is going to loose to Ryuma and zoro is going to fight and defeat him there for as ryuma has brookes shadow he will techniquely have already beaten brooke allowing him to be part of the crew even if zoro would have had a problem with it because he is a sword man

Absolutio
May 18, 2007, 07:58 PM
I just remembered that it aint allowed to say updated chapters stuffs in the tree of knowledge, so I just posted a similiar post in the chapter 456 discussion, and at the release of next chapter i'll re-edit this post.

Since Monday you can post in the Tree of Knowledge about the latest chapter.

Impel Down
May 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
I don't see how Moria is Gecko-like. All the other Shichibukai are related to their animal title, but not Moria.

Anti-panda
May 26, 2007, 09:56 PM
Croc wasn't anything like a croc .. he just kept them as pets.
I've also found out something interesting...
In ancient greece a Moria .. was a olive tree ... that was considered sacred and property of the state.
Gekko moria is a pirate that is considered part of the state.

I found this out trying to discern the nature of his character from the nature of his name... Just Fyi.

OP_overlord
May 26, 2007, 11:25 PM
did gekko say that he cant undo the shadow transfer thing cause i have already forgotten
casuse i wanna know if he knows that some peoples spirts are too strong to be controlled like sanji who was fighting against his new master.

Luckas
May 27, 2007, 05:13 AM
disambiguation page about "moria" from Wikipedia:
Moria refers to:

* Moria (Middle-earth), a fictional location in author J. R. R. Tolkien's high fantasy book, The Lord of the Rings
* Moria (computer game), an old roguelike computer game
* Moria (StarCraft), a Terran colony in the Koprulu Sector of the StarCraft universe
* Moria (tree), an olive tree in ancient Greece
* Moria (naiad), a river-nymph in Greek mythology.
* moria, a form of euphoria
* Gecko Moria, one of the Shichibukai in the anime and manga series One Piece
* Moria, a castle in medieval Bulgaria
* Moria, a band from Salinas, California

Koen
May 27, 2007, 08:53 AM
Well, I quietly hope another mugiwara pirate than luffy fighting gekko moria. Maybe Robin? Luffy didn't want to hear her leaving, dieing, etc in the previous arc. Maybe it's time for her to fight moria and beat him. It would be something different? no?

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 09:10 AM
Croc wasn't anything like a croc .. he just kept them as pets.

Crocodile had the crocodile smile to be like his animal. Moria has yet to show anything gecko-like, except for having enough money to afford selling low-priced car insurance

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 09:31 AM
Crocodile had the crocodile smile to be like his animal. Moria has yet to show anything gecko-like, except for having enough money to afford selling low-priced car insurance

Lol :D !

Well, I quietly hope another mugiwara pirate than luffy fighting gekko moria. Maybe Robin? Luffy didn't want to hear her leaving, dieing, etc in the previous arc. Maybe it's time for her to fight moria and beat him. It would be something different? no?

Maybe thats why only she and franky are the "free" mugiwaras that can fight at the moment. because franky is a new member, so we gotta see some action from him, and robin had been saved last arc, so we gotta see some action from her too (her angel wings was enough from her for this whole arc in my opinion :D ).

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 09:33 AM
The only other SH who will fight a shichibukai is Zoro.

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 11:15 AM
or maybe usopp against a sniper shichibukai?

anyways, gecko is a bit gekoish. he has a reptile-lizard like neck.. =P that's the only thing i can notice at the moment.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 11:18 AM
I don't even think that's his real head/body. The stitches show that it's a fake body and Moria is a little lizardy guy who has body issues.

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 11:38 AM
which leads back to the "Earthworm Jim" theory.. I really like this theory :D
But I dunno.. Also hogback, and perona, and absalom have stitches and what not all over themselves. Maybe it's just for the zombish feeling of this entire island. =D

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 11:50 AM
Perona doesn't have stitches, and if Hogback is a zombie, then how could he have made them all?

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 11:57 AM
i dont think he's a zombie, i just think oda draw them zombieish to make this whole arc feel zombeish.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 12:01 PM
yeah, probably. Although, Absalom could be a zombie. That would actually make sense.

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 12:05 PM
oh.. i just thought about something.. lets say moria's body aint his body.. that he is a zombie.. then somewhere there is his real body, and he used his kage kage no mi to make himself a zombie. if it is so, then it proves that the devil fruit power transfers with the shadow, and it will make the arc much more interesting - where's moria's real body.
But I doubt it's true.. =P

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 12:06 PM
hmm, that's interesting, BUT wouldn't he transfer himself into Oz instead?

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 12:11 PM
maybe he didnt have oz at that time, or maybe he waited for a strong shadow to attach to oz, coz he'll be a waste on him.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 12:15 PM
True, because having a strong shadow with a strong body makes a stronger warrior, and Luffy > Moria.

Anti-panda
May 27, 2007, 12:40 PM
It's gonna be hard to beat moria if he's not in his real body. Because even if you beat him .. he can just shadow shift to the next undead body. The only real way to beat him when he's like that would be to destroy his origional body or kill of every other zombie in thriller bark then force him back into his origional body then beat him again.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 03:57 PM
Or use salt to make him just a shadow.

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 04:48 PM
if the real body dies - the shadow dies as well.. Just expose his real body to the sun should be enough.. =P

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 07:31 AM
But they don't really know where his real body is, so that would be a hassle. And if Moria dies, do the shadows go free?

Absolutio
May 28, 2007, 09:39 AM
zombies cant really die unless the original shadow owner dies.. and in any case, we're talking here about a hypothetical situation.. if DF powers dont transfer with the shadows.. all this theory will worth nothing.

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 11:21 AM
But, if Moria's true body is exposed to sunlight, then wouldn't his shadow and zombie die?

Anti-panda
May 28, 2007, 11:50 AM
zombies cant really die unless the original shadow owner dies.. and in any case, we're talking here about a hypothetical situation.. if DF powers dont transfer with the shadows.. all this theory will worth nothing.

You make a excelent point ... he wouldn't have his shadow powers when he transfered bodies. Unless thats how his shadow powers work.

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 12:51 PM
Maybe it only transfers strength and style, but not necessarily abilities.

IgnorantSage
May 29, 2007, 06:09 AM
Maybe it only transfers strength and style, but not necessarily abilities.

That is most likely the case although we currently have no proof for that case.

Also, please refrain from posting one-liner replies since it makes reading the thread very irksome.

What do you guys think about Gecko Moria's fighting ability? Is he a powerful stand-alone fighter or does he really need to employ underlings to do the fighting for him.
In my opinion he is physically strong although his strength may not be at par with Luffy. I also wonder if his combat style involves his devil fruit. Maybe he can use some shadows to attach to himself and gain their fighting abilities?

Impel Down
May 29, 2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I guess. But, then if Moria is just a zombie, did he take a zombie's shadow and put it in his own dead body or did he take his own shadow and put it in a giant zombie

Anti-panda
May 29, 2007, 11:20 PM
I bet gekko is really strong ... but i'm begining to think that he's not in his real body... so I bet he's got tons of skills that he hasn't even shown us yet.

IgnorantSage
May 30, 2007, 08:33 AM
I know this has been adressed that Nico Robin specifically said that GM is a giant and I'd like to check if this were really so but I can't because I already deleted the chapter where Robin talked about GM.

Can somebody please post a picture where Robin said GM being a giant? My memory is really fuzzy these days.

It seems to me that Moria is not really a giant as giants are really large (and I don't think he's a young giant, no sir), he's more like Whitebeard or the those Kairiki (was that right?) brothers. Even the fishman/giant in the filler from Davy Back Fight was larger than GM.

I just want things to be clarified.

Paz42
May 30, 2007, 04:12 PM
I know this has been adressed that Nico Robin specifically said that GM is a giant and I'd like to check if this were really so but I can't because I already deleted the chapter where Robin talked about GM.

Can somebody please post a picture where Robin said GM being a giant? My memory is really fuzzy these days.

It seems to me that Moria is not really a giant as giants are really large (and I don't think he's a young giant, no sir), he's more like Whitebeard or the those Kairiki (was that right?) brothers. Even the fishman/giant in the filler from Davy Back Fight was larger than GM.

I just want things to be clarified.

I checked the old chapters and moria is introduced by name in chapter 448 and robin doesnt say antyhing about him being a giant there and in the begining of chapter 449 she doesnt say anything about him being a giant there either so im guessing that she doesnt

there is deffinatly more to moria then meets the eye hes gotta have more power then just removing shadows and he must have been a powerful pirate to start with to become a schichibuki (sp) and im starting lean more and more towards him being uber fast like him fighting with luffy normaly and gettin himself a challenge so he starts to move really fast and luffy has to go gear 2nd or somthing like that

OP_overlord
May 30, 2007, 07:36 PM
who was that big guy that those three zombies had to wake up by shoting an arrow through his snot bubble wasnt that GM he looked big in that pic

Anti-panda
May 30, 2007, 07:51 PM
who was that big guy that those three zombies had to wake up by shoting an arrow through his snot bubble wasnt that GM he looked big in that pic

I don't know if those guy's were really tiny or if that was a larger version of GM. Lots of people are he's not currently in his real body.

Or maybe he can grow big for 3min like Ultraman.... I know i'm doing pretty good if I can stay big for 3 mins.

OP_overlord
May 30, 2007, 07:59 PM
well either he can remover his own shadow and put it in other bodies which would suck for luffy in their fight or he can make his own shadow larger ths making himself larger in the procces

sahugani
May 30, 2007, 08:00 PM
as frames have shown, those guys are only about waist high on normal sized people if i remember right and in combination with the extremely bottom heavy Moria, it was simply an illusion that he was giant sized

Absolutio
May 31, 2007, 07:51 AM
he is giant size. his subordinates needed to shoot an arrow to get to his nose-bubble.. :p

Kikuna992
May 31, 2007, 11:25 AM
Lets get technical !!!
Those guys are about waist high on normal people so they will be about 85cm. A full sized arrow will be about 60cm. As those guys are shooting it and say an average sized person is 170cm then the arrows the three midget zombies will shoot will be 30cm. The nose bubble's diameter was about the length of the arrow so it will be 30cm. As nose bubbles are usually depicted as bigger than the persons Gecko Moria's nose will be about 20cm long or wide (whichever). If a persons head is 25cm then his nose is about 5cm from top to bottom so 20*5=100cm. Your head is usually about a sixth of the length of your body so Gecko Moria is 600cm, 6m tall.

I'll leave you to decide if he's a giant (I don't think he is)

(Just had a maths exam)

IgnorantSage
June 01, 2007, 05:43 AM
Lets get technical !!!
Those guys are about waist high on normal people so they will be about 85cm. A full sized arrow will be about 60cm. As those guys are shooting it and say an average sized person is 170cm then the arrows the three midget zombies will shoot will be 30cm. The nose bubble's diameter was about the length of the arrow so it will be 30cm. As nose bubbles are usually depicted as bigger than the persons Gecko Moria's nose will be about 20cm long or wide (whichever). If a persons head is 25cm then his nose is about 5cm from top to bottom so 20*5=100cm. Your head is usually about a sixth of the length of your body so Gecko Moria is 600cm, 6m tall.

I'll leave you to decide if he's a giant (I don't think he is)

(Just had a maths exam)

Ummm... I'm currently hungry so all those numbers are just swimming in my head aimlessly right now. My neurons just aren't firing efficiently. I'm guessing that your calculations are more or less correct though (and I don't need no maths for it).

As far as I have seen and can deduce, GM is no giant, he's just too small for a giant. Oz, now he's a giant or at least something as large or larger than one.

Impel Down
June 01, 2007, 03:23 PM
Oz is way larger than a giant. But I agree, Moria is a kinda small giant.

Kikuna992
June 02, 2007, 10:09 AM
Looking at the new raw (episode 458) it confirms that my calculations were basically right give or take a few meters. Perona was shown to be about a fifth the height of Gecko Moria and as shes about 170, Gecko is 850cm, 8m 50cm. So he is definitely not a giant. Maybe just a character suffering from gigantism. (he seemed bigger than White Beard though)

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 10:49 AM
Or, there's always the possibility that, in fact, the giant thing is just a big suit. But, then why would he need the giant pirate ship?

IgnorantSage
June 03, 2007, 05:40 AM
Or, there's always the possibility that, in fact, the giant thing is just a big suit. But, then why would he need the giant pirate ship?

The very large pirate ship (Thriller Bark) has nothing to do with Moria's size. It's because he has plenty of minions and bodies to store. Remember that his motto is to let others take action for him and for that he needs a lot of underlings of various sizes.

And how are you supposed to store a body like Oz's if you don't have an enormous ship? Hence the large ship.

Kikuna992
June 03, 2007, 05:59 AM
The very first time Gecko Moria appeared, I said in one of the threads that he's in a suit. I still stick by my claim...:p

Impel Down
June 03, 2007, 07:34 AM
I thought that since I first saw him too. I also keep having this idea that Mihawk is going to split his suit open, for some reason.

weixiaobao
June 05, 2007, 09:16 PM
Gecko is my least fav shibukai so far.. it like he doesn't have what it take to be huge.... by himself at least...

Impel Down
June 06, 2007, 07:29 AM
Yeah, Moria is a total douchebag so far. I wonder how he got the newspaper about the SHs new bounties if he lives in the middle of the Triangle?

Kikuna992
June 07, 2007, 10:38 AM
That news delivery bird can go anywhere. And also one of the pirates who he lured into thriller barque and destroyed may have had some information on the topic. By the way can any one guess how old Gecko Moria is? Cos he looks like one hell of an ugly ossan.

Impel Down
June 07, 2007, 04:05 PM
Well, as a giant, he can be hundreds of years old, but I don't think age has to do with the fact that he's as ugly as sin. But, since when do giants have horns? Makes no sense.

Anti-panda
June 07, 2007, 11:22 PM
The horns and all that might be surgical alterations by hogback...
Or there is the possibility that Oz is as he was renowned to be .. a demonic villian.. not just some giant.
Either possiblity is possible... Duh ignor that statement as it was redundant... but anyway .. While both are possible each bears unique pro's and con's ...
Considering we've seen a man with a lion for a face .. a lion with a man for a face.. a rampaging warthog... reanimated pirates.. and a three headed Fox/Dog ... I'm just gonna accept that the giant thing has Horns and not let the specific's bother me.

Impel Down
June 08, 2007, 12:05 PM
Alright, the following is just something I don't get about the zombie rating system, in comparison to the SH rating system.

Now, in other One Piece information books, they put Luffy and Zoro's power both at 6 (6 was the highest possible). But, with the zombie numbering thing, they put Jigouroh at 850 and Oz at 900. So, does that mean that Luffy is 50 zombies stronger than Zoro?

Anti-panda
June 09, 2007, 12:44 AM
Alright, the following is just something I don't get about the zombie rating system, in comparison to the SH rating system.

Now, in other One Piece information books, they put Luffy and Zoro's power both at 6 (6 was the highest possible). But, with the zombie numbering thing, they put Jigouroh at 850 and Oz at 900. So, does that mean that Luffy is 50 zombies stronger than Zoro?

The color books are completely seperate and info is not as reliable as what acctually makes it into the manga... the 6lvl for luffy and zoro basically means that they are both monsterously strong with the potential to be among the strongest characters in OP.

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 11:28 AM
Eh, I guess. So, in that case, Luffy is definitely more powerful that Zoro, according to the TB ranking system, which I guess we can't rely too heavily on, since we really don't know much about it. The ZG could just get random numbers with 800 in them, and Oz could be reserved as 900 just because he's special, I suppose.

OP_overlord
June 10, 2007, 12:12 AM
i think that TB doesnt have a rating system they have armies, generals,... but the numbers that they have on them i think is just which was reanimated first or the stronger ones are the later ones but in no order
so zombie 258 is weaker then 678 but 678 is weaker then zombie 354 and 900 with luffys shadow is a beast
i dont remeber all the zombies numbers but some of the generals had low numbers and that pig thing had a high number and the bat had a number in the hundreds i think (i might have just made that all up i didnt have time to check them all out but it sounds right to me)
the zombies dont have rankings they have positions like sanji, and zoro are at the general level while luffy is at the comander level with ablsome and perona

IgnorantSage
June 10, 2007, 03:42 AM
And now back to Gecko Moria.

It seems he's gonna have a lot of troubles now that the baka trio are awake and ready to kick some zombie and shichibukai ass. He's also gonna need to find a way to neutralize Oz's rebellious behavior. How do you guys think he will handle all of these?

I think at first he's gonna order his underlings around to do the work for him and when he finds out that they have all been dispatched, he will immediately try to escape and the Mugiwaras won't be able to catch him which means that he'll make a reappearance in a later arc.

Oh and btw, does anybody here actually like Moria?

Luckas
June 10, 2007, 04:21 AM
The subject of this thread is strongly connected to the latest chapters, for this reason please make attention not to violate these rules:

NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

<It isn't allowed either talking or reporting or making references or implying facts regarding the last released chapter outside his proper "discussion thread" and "predictions thread" until the week-end passed. Even with the use of "spoiler tag" it will be considered a violation of this rule.>

Break of this rule will result in:
- a warning the first time;
- a banning the second time, whose duration will be in relation to the gravity of the offense;

The discussion thread for the latest chapter is in the "One Piece Discussions" (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?board=40.0) Board, under the Child Boards you'll find two sticky thread: the "discussion thread" for the latest chapter and the "predictions" thread for the next chapter.

The reason of this rule is to avoid spoiling people who didn't read the last released chapter immediately.

IgnorantSage
June 10, 2007, 05:55 AM
Oops, sorry... my bad

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 08:49 AM
Well, yeah, he'll obviously have his minions fight for him instead of himself fighting for...himself. We'll probably have more 600M jackpot on our hands with all the soldiers Moria will send after them.

Absolutio
June 11, 2007, 02:03 AM
umm.. I guess that moria body cant be a zombies, since DF powers seems no to transferr with the shadow, as we saw Ozz trying to gomu gomu no pistol and fails.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 07:16 AM
Maybe the body he put himself into was a zombie? See, he made the Moria body take him, then they killed the giant, and when it died, it dropped the shadow onto itself, thus creating Giant Moria, now with 45% more Kage Kage no mi!

Anti-panda
June 11, 2007, 05:48 PM
Maybe the body he put himself into was a zombie? See, he made the Moria body take him, then they killed the giant, and when it died, it dropped the shadow onto itself, thus creating Giant Moria, now with 45% more Kage Kage no mi!

What a deal 45% more... Wait a minute how did you even come up with that number?? XD

I don't know the only thing that keeps me from saying he's not in his right body is that DF abilities and such don't transfer from one body to the next .. so it would be safe to assume that if he was in a different body he wouldn't be able to use the Kagekage no mi...? Yes it is a puzzler but It just stands to show that oda could do anything he wants..
But if he could transplant himself into a zombified body I think he would simply put himself into Oz's body .. instead of just making it a zombie like any other.

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 06:52 PM
Well, maybe moria isn't much of a fighter himself to begin with, his main ability being from the devil fruit... so he could have chosen a stronger body for himself, since giants are all quite strong, but keep the stronger body for his loyal slave that would fight for him..

But then, wouldn't it be a BIG weakness... he would have to hide his original body quite well for it not to be kill, and this giant body would only create a second moria, since the original would still exist, very conscious...

Then there's the problem of not being able to be under the sun, wouldn't it make it very difficult to become the pirate king then... he won't get to one piece just by staying hidden on thriller bark... so to me it's highly unlikely it's not his original body.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 08:12 PM
Well, to fight, he can knock any opponent out cold in a few seconds. Just take their shadow, and they are out of commission, right? And they'd probably die too, but I imagine he makes it so that DOESN'T happen, so he can use their shadows to make soldiers, and sends the bodies off on their own.

Naelyan
June 11, 2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, that's one thing to grap one's shadow when they're all tie down, but in a one-on-one fight, he wouldn't have time to do that... it's not like he can just ripp it off, he needs to cut it... also, it seems the shadow needs to be real clear for him to be able to grap it, cause they had to put that light behind him before he could take luffy's shadow... and anyway, he might not be able to even touch luffy if he goes gear second, then his ability would be useless...

So i think moria might not be so much of a fighter himself, but he has such a huge bounty cause of his ability that allows him to control loyals servants probably stronger than him and make them do his will.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 09:14 PM
Well, how long could it take to grab and cut a shadow? But you're right, it did need to be clear and he needs a light, so he probably has always relied on people getting and holding his captives for him, so he probably can't fight that effectively.

Anti-panda
June 11, 2007, 09:45 PM
Well it all really boils down to if after defeating a zombie ... the shadow returns to it's owner.. or if it simply returns to moria.. because then it all boils down to beating moria to get your shadow back.

If you don't have a shadow he can't incapacitate you by removing it. Plus he has to hold a person down to remove thier shadow .. which would've been hard to do in the middle of a fight.

Impel Down
June 12, 2007, 01:16 PM
Well, Zoro said they did, and that's the most information we've had on the subject so far, so probably. And of course my idea for Moria's fighting would only work against people with shadows, but if he takes someone's shadow, he'd probably just have them fight their zombie, perpetuating the "You do it!" motto.

Anti-panda
June 12, 2007, 03:33 PM
Well, Zoro said they did, and that's the most information we've had on the subject so far, so probably. And of course my idea for Moria's fighting would only work against people with shadows, but if he takes someone's shadow, he'd probably just have them fight their zombie, perpetuating the "You do it!" motto.

Yeah but You do it! only works when you have minions .. Zoro sanji and luffy... along with the rest of the strawhats are gonna go "Ape Shit" and completly descemate the forces of gekko moria..I think if one person who knows the secret of how to purify zombies.. can cause a huge mess then the strawhats who know the secret can totally whoop him. I look forward to the damage.

Paz42
June 12, 2007, 07:05 PM
I have a couple of things i would like to bring to the disscusion

1. Where was thriller bark built ? because with it being the biggest pirate ship in the world it must have been needed to be built by some of the best ship builders in the world so surely it would have been built in water 7 and how much money must moria have accumulated to afford such a wonderful ship?

2. what kind of other uses will moria have from his DF other then removing shadows and attaching them to new bodies because as other people have said removing them is not a good combat ability i hope that there is nothing similar to shika's powers from naruto but i have a couple of ideas

A. He will be able to attack people's shadows and the will affect the physcial body as he must be able to touch shadows to be able to hold them as he transplants them into the new body

B. Now i dont know if any one remembers a cartoon show in the 90's cant remember the name of the show but the main bad guys where skeletons. Now one of the good guys had an abilite to move through shadows to other shadows now i was thinking maybe moria could have a power similar to this giving him the illusion of moving at tremendous speeds. I do however think that this the least likely of my ideas as its similar to bluno's (think thats the right name) power and we know oda doesnt like to repeat himself

C. That his own shadow may be able to attack people as a seperate entity so that it would be like fighting 2 morias at the same time i think that this one could be really cool and a nice suprise half way through the fight has to fight 2 morias insted of 1

Sorry for the really long post but i thought of theese and i just thought that i should write them down before i forget about them

Naelyan
June 13, 2007, 12:50 AM
Thriller bark was originally an island from west blue, brooke said so when we first saw it. And I don't really see why DF have to be fighting abilities, some aren't... bon clay's, brook's... and given his motto, I think there's a fair chance he ain't all that strong himself.

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 08:22 AM
So, Moria turned the island into a boat? Like what Iceburg is doing with W7? Or was it a huge ship built in the West Blue?

And in your comparison, you chose people who are really strong but don't use their DF, so then Moria could have ways of fighting without his DF too.

Naelyan
June 13, 2007, 10:17 AM
Well, there's really nothing more about thriller bark that we know right now, but somehow brooke learned it was an island, so, yes, I guess moria did something like that, or more likely, had it done by someone.

And sorry if it looked like that, but I didn't mean to prove that moria's not strong with those comparison... all I meant is DF's abilities aren't all fighting abilities, those two don't use it to fight... well, bon clay use it to cheat, but that's all... and they were just the first I could tought of

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 10:32 AM
Yeah, you're right. Lucci still used his, but most of the fight was purely roukrishi. But I agree, that we don't really know enough to know if it's a ship mistaken for an island, or an island turned into a ship. Although, if it's either of those, it would have had to cost a lot of money, so Moria must have been a powerful pirate without the zombies before to rob and conquer enough people and countries to get the money for such a place.

Naelyan
June 13, 2007, 11:23 AM
Well, being a giant, fighter or not, he must be kinda strong, a hella lot stronger than average people, so outside the grand line, one don't need much more than that to be considered a powerful pirate... in fact, most people would be afraid just at the sight of a giant, so he might have threaten people to build it for him, he wouldn't even need his DF power to do something like that.

Paz42
June 13, 2007, 11:29 AM
i didnt mean he had to have some offensive abilities i was just wondering if he had more abilities from his DF other then just removing shadows i would think at least he can do somthing with his own shadow. I also think that there will be traps and hundreds of like super surprise zombies that are a last resort or somthing like that.

I had forgotten that Iceburg had said he was going to turn water 7 into a giant ship so maybe he got the idea from thriller bark after hearing about it from tom or somthing like that

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 11:57 AM
If his DF only does what we've seen so far, then you can only really use it if you're supa rich or have a lot of power/influence. I guess that makes it one of Lucci's 9/10 fruits? I mean, it would be garbage to pretty much everyone else.

Paz42
June 13, 2007, 12:53 PM
i suppose your right not every DF is 100% useful but i also think its how crocodile said it depends on the person who is using it and how they learn to use it i mean do u think any one else would have been as creative as luffy with his DF

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 01:25 PM
There have been people who've used their DF's creativly, like Crocodile, Enel, and Kaku. But, I guess Moria would have to come up with the zombie thing on his own, or got help from Hogback on how to do it.

Paz42
June 13, 2007, 03:29 PM
i agree i dont think that the implantation of the shadows is a somthing that he came across later with the help of hogback,

but thinking about that i think that he must be able to attack peoples shadows as i said before because i dont think when he ate his DF it came with this nice handy pair of scissors that will be able to cut peoples shadows off so objects hes holding could probably affect shadows aswell maybe pinning peoples shadows down with stakes or somthing like i know its kinda like shikas abilties but gecko can still move around

Imitorar
June 13, 2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah, you're right. Lucci still used his, but most of the fight was purely roukrishi. But I agree, that we don't really know enough to know if it's a ship mistaken for an island, or an island turned into a ship. Although, if it's either of those, it would have had to cost a lot of money, so Moria must have been a powerful pirate without the zombies before to rob and conquer enough people and countries to get the money for such a place.

Of course Moria was a powerful pirate before, he became a Shichibukai, remember, so of course he was powerful from the beginning. And Brook said, at least in Null's translation (and Null is the best group currently doing One Piece, even if they are a bit behind) "it was an island from West Blue originally" or something to that affect. Since he said originally, and it would be hard to move land onto a ship, but comparatively easy to hollow out an island and build a giant ship in the middle, I think Thriller Bark was an island turned ship.

Impel Down
June 13, 2007, 05:54 PM
So then why would Iceburg need to make blueprints, if such technology already existed? But I guess that does make sense, but most of the mansion and stuff would probably have been constructed after, since even the freezer/tower is just the main mast.

weixiaobao
June 14, 2007, 12:53 AM
i may have missed something..
can someone tell me.. how thousand sunny get into thriller Bark again?
*too lazy to search for it*

Paz42
June 14, 2007, 07:52 AM
they where taken into the ship via thoose huge mouth shaped gates after they met brooke as his ship was taken in aswell thriller bark was aware of them because they released the flare inside the barrel they found floating in the sea i think thats right any way Its currently at a seperate entrance that would be easy to leave from assuming most people would want to run away straight away after seeing such horrible things .

I dont think moria would want other people that could have flaoting island ships similar to his as that might challenge him if some one was to build a ship out of a bigger isnland so i think after the construction he would either destroy or keep the blue prints locked up on the ship.

weixiaobao
June 14, 2007, 09:34 AM
so the Thriller Bark is a submarine? that the water of it can connect to the ocean outside? and with water inside it cannot sunk?

Impel Down
June 14, 2007, 12:10 PM
It's not a submarine, it's just a huge boat. And what do you mean "the water of it can connect to the ocean outside" The water inside the ring is just the ocean, since the ring just floats around with the ship.

weixiaobao
June 14, 2007, 12:24 PM
well if it a sub .. then it explain how thousand sunny get on there...

because frankly i dunno how thousand sunny can get on there...

Impel Down
June 14, 2007, 12:30 PM
It got "on there" because the gate surrounding Thriller Bark opened up and they got trapped inside it, then when they went to "shore", Talleran stuck it there. Nothing about that could be better explained with the use of a submarine.

weixiaobao
June 14, 2007, 12:52 PM
tpam didn't get my point.. how can a ship open up and let water or thousand sunny to sail inside.. wouldn't it overflood and sink...

Paz42
June 14, 2007, 01:11 PM
well if theres like a dock kind of area theres purposely made to let water in or have water in it so as to capture theese ships and also as impel down said that area could just the ocean its self with the wall/gate floating ontime or somthing like that

Impel Down
June 14, 2007, 07:16 PM
If tpatpam would go back to the third chapter, A.B. (After Brook), Robin's words painted us a picture of the TB gates, showing that it's just gates, with no actual top, connected to the top of the ship, via chains.

weixiaobao
June 14, 2007, 08:36 PM
I think i can imagined it now... must be a change in height or something .. ..
*correct me if i wrong it like travel upstream.. or something...*
why bother .. i will reread when i have the chance...

Paz42
June 14, 2007, 08:41 PM
Ok wel shall we just end up saying that the sunny got in there by magic zombie pixies put it there lol

no ok weixiaobao think about it like this the whole of thriller bark is a giant circleur island surrounded by a wall 360 away around then at the front there is an area where theres no ship underneath the island in a certian area nothing except the wall and gate now this area would constantly have water in it and when the gates open it allows the sunny inside.

weixiaobao
June 14, 2007, 08:44 PM
Ok wel shall we just end up saying that the sunny got in there by magic zombie pixies put it there lol

no ok weixiaobao think about it like this the whole of thriller bark is a giant circleur island surrounded by a wall 360 away around then at the front there is an area where theres no ship in a certian area nothing except the wall and gate now this area would constantly have water in it and when the gates open it allows the sunny inside.

______
| __|
| |__ <-------- 0
|____ _|

thanx to be patience with me .. and very creative drawing LOL
anyway so it like the Panama canal then.. the locks system.. if i remember correctly...

Paz42
June 14, 2007, 08:48 PM
sorry abput the attempt at a diagram it went wrong lol

weixiaobao
June 14, 2007, 08:50 PM
sorry abput the attempt at a diagram it went wrong lol

no problemo..

so does anyone think that Moria is the brain behind the crew.. or Hogback is the one?

Impel Down
June 15, 2007, 01:18 PM
Moria, easily. Hogback seems like too much of a punk to take full control anyway. And it's not like Hogback has any control over them, as Moria holds the true key to their life, unlike Hogback who merely prepares the vessels. Hogback's dream is complete now anyway.

Paz42
June 18, 2007, 01:54 PM
there iss no way that hogbacks pulling the strings its all moria and if hogback says anytrhing against it moria will just sit on him.

Im wondering if we will see hogback fight and what kinda abilitys hes gonna have if he does

Impel Down
June 18, 2007, 08:14 PM
Well, he looks zombie-ish to me. Maybe he surgically implanted machine guns or some awesome shit into his body, like a flesh-Franky.

Paz42
June 19, 2007, 04:56 PM
hmmmm i dont think so doesnt really seem his style but i think theres more to his body then meets the eye deffinatly maybe some kind of vampire style powers i dont know, Maybe chopper will be forced to go monster point or will made to by hogback or somthing go monster point against hogback

Impel Down
June 20, 2007, 08:45 PM
He could have some sort of mutant-Rumble Ball thing of his own, except he deals with surgery, rather than actual medicine, so if he improves himself with his craft, it would have to be something implanted, not a natural enhancement.

weixiaobao
June 20, 2007, 10:48 PM
i think hogback just cut his enemy's part and implant into his own.. :rofl ..
or he just fight with huge needles.. :rofl and inject people with bloods that have sexual transmitted diseases... :rofl

Paz42
June 21, 2007, 07:01 PM
hmmm ye maybe it will be use of scalpels and medical techniques used for combat maybe he has a DF we dont know but weve gone a bit off topic here.

Impel Down
June 21, 2007, 08:50 PM
I just can't see him using a DF. He just doesn't to be that style. I don't even totally know if he will fight. He seems far too stiff, body-wise. And if he used scalpels to fight, we'd have Zoro vs. Mihawk all over again, except Mihawk in this case would suck.

gao_dargon
June 24, 2007, 11:53 PM
and how do u think Moria attack? we know his DF ability is usles in combat, cuz it only steels ur shadow (it puts u to sleep but the straw hats can be awakend very fast hahaha u only have to say the magical word for one character)also the 3 of the stongest (cuz Franky is at Sanji lvl to me and even Zoro lvl) had theyre shadow stolen allready

Absolutio
June 25, 2007, 05:06 AM
we dont know if thats the only ability the kage kage no mi has. It might have some awesome powers that we havent seen yet. Don't forget that Moria is a shichibukai, don't take that for granted.

Akainu
June 25, 2007, 05:32 AM
... we know his DF ability is usles in combat, cuz it only steels ur shadow ...
I know someone mentioned that before but again: if one looses his/her shadow in combat (we can assume its not always in FT or during the nighttime) he/she will DIE.
not effective?

Paz42
June 25, 2007, 09:26 AM
I know someone mentioned that before but again: if one looses his/her shadow in combat (we can assume its not always in FT or during the nighttime) he/she will DIE.
not effective?

ye but as we already said in the post earlyer that it might be quite hard for gecko to capture and cut some ones shadow from them during combat

Im personaly still thinking that he will be able to attack peoples shadows and it will harm the persons body

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 10:12 AM
not effective?

moust of the fights takes alot less than nightime to finish, have u witnised a battle so long that it took more than one day/night to finish? cuz i havent (at least not in OP) thats y i said its inaffective,

Im personaly still thinking that he will be able to attack peoples shadows and it will harm the persons body

aye,that sound very reasonable to me,maybe that how he do it

Akainu
June 25, 2007, 01:24 PM
I was not saying the battles have/had a durance of one day and night or similar. They start at DAY (thats when the sun shines usually ;) ) and since its a crew imagine Peronas ghosts or the invisible Perversalom and the then somewhat defenceless prey for Moria.
But I agree with Paz42 there is more to that Shichibukai imo - perhaps he just needs some provocation not to be bored anymore...?

Impel Down
June 25, 2007, 01:44 PM
Couldn't he just use his giant strength to fight as well? He could be like Bon Clay or Brook and not actually use his DF for fighting.

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
thats what i thugt at first too, but the shadows thing sound so cool o(^-^)o,but aye i think he wont use it for fighting

Paz42
June 26, 2007, 06:38 AM
Couldn't he just use his giant strength to fight as well? He could be like Bon Clay or Brook and not actually use his DF for fighting.

Well Brookes DF isnt really a combat one it just resurrected him when he died and Bon Clay's could be used in combat as we saw in his fight with Sanji to distract people or confuse them i think it depends on the person and how they use there particular ability.

But back on topic the reason i think that he will be able to damage peoples body's by attacking there shadows now we know that he can touch shadows by the fact that when he cut luffys shadow off he was able to grasp it in his hand for we shall say 20 minutes while he took it down to Oz's chamber and luffys shadow did look like it was distressed. So im thinking that being able to touch shadows also means that he is able to harm shadows and if that is attached to a charcters real body then it will also harm them.

gao_dargon
June 26, 2007, 06:47 AM
hahahahahah kage bunshin hahaha, =D like the evil link from ocarina? that would be cool,and they have to fight anotherone shadow cuz its to hard to beat your own hu?,like sanji fighting zoro shadow and viceversa? that would be rad (an also a great afterlaugh cuz each one would be like "i kiked your ass")

But back on topic the reason i think that he will be able to damage peoples body's by attacking there shadows now we know that he can touch shadows by the fact that when he cut luffys shadow off he was able to grasp it in his hand for we shall say 20 minutes while he took it down to Oz's chamber and luffys shadow did look like it was distressed. So im thinking that being able to touch shadows also means that he is able to harm shadows and if that is attached to a charcters real body then it will also harm them.

but then what to do with the allready shadowless SH??

Paz42
June 26, 2007, 06:57 PM
hmmm that is true what to do with the already shadow less i suppose he might be a pretty good fighter to start with just really really lazy or he could be ridiculously fast just slow normaly unless alarmed or in danger like real gecko

gao_dargon
June 26, 2007, 09:36 PM
about that, what does Moria has to do with a geko?,Crocodail had his vest like a real crocodail skin,Don has his feathers,Kuma has his ears but wha does Moria has?

Impel Down
June 27, 2007, 11:48 AM
^Croc has the smile too, just saying

Yeah, I've asked what Moria has to do with a gecko before too. Maybe it's just his shape is like a gecko? Or it's his tongue? Either that, or the real gecko-looking Moria is inside the giant costume.

gao_dargon
June 27, 2007, 11:52 AM
u know what, ur probaly right but maybe its not a costume,maybe his body was damaged by something and Hogback helped him, or thats like a zombie and he implanted his own shadow and the real moria is hiding somewhere

Impel Down
June 27, 2007, 11:55 AM
Or it's just to make him more threatening. But, the theory that that is just a zombie has been shot down before. DF powers don't move with the shadow, and if he wants to conquer the New World, then he'd have to go out in sunlight, wouldn't he?

gao_dargon
June 27, 2007, 12:07 PM
no, his ship has a very big roof hahaha but the power thing is true as Oz cant streach,then maby he can climb walls? cuz to be true i dont see anything of a geko in him,not even the eyes

Impel Down
June 27, 2007, 02:42 PM
maybe the real Moria can use his own shadow to control the giant Moria body like a puppet, you know, like Shikamaru? So, he hides in some control room, with his shadow secretly wrapped around the body, spreading his "energy" all over it, so he can cut shadows.

gao_dargon
June 28, 2007, 07:16 PM
aye.that can be,does gekos have any particular ability besides clambing walls maby thats the key to morias fighting style or other thing like that

Impel Down
June 28, 2007, 08:37 PM
Well, all the Shichibukai have been related physically, not based on their styles. Although, their personalities all match their animals so far. But, I don't see how Moria is gecko-like. Is it some japanese saying or something that has to do with geckos?

weixiaobao
June 28, 2007, 08:44 PM
a gecko willing to lose it tail to survive .. so i guess Moria probably will to sacrifice all his folowers if he had to..

Impel Down
June 28, 2007, 09:18 PM
But a gecko can grow back its tail...and Moria can get more zombies! I see where you're going with this, Wei!

gao_dargon
June 29, 2007, 01:40 AM
does geckos has that ability too, i didnt know if they did, i was going to say somethin like maby he can loose limbs (and Hogback can re-atach them) but i was not sure geckos cloud do that,cuz i know some lizards can,but i was not sure about them,but aye that was my theroy,not the zombies thing (wich is more resonable than mine)

Impel Down
June 29, 2007, 11:25 AM
Still, there's nothing appearence-related between him and geckos, which is usually the main thing. So far, it's mainly ability that relates him somewhat to geckos, and that doesn't apply to any of the other shichibukai.

Paz42
July 02, 2007, 05:07 PM
ok so im accutaly thinking now that seeing as Oz hasnt really done much in the way of being hostile im thinking luffy is going to end up wiping the floor with moria as hes a pussy and then hes going to do some kinda teqnique to transfer his own shadow personalty and abilities into oz's body

this also got me thinking that he has left his orginal body but its a list ditch technique that tires him out leaves him vunerable but if he was to transfer into Oz then he would be pretty much unable to be harmed with his huge body and could easily fend of luffy although this is all just speculation

Absolutio
July 03, 2007, 04:06 AM
Moria aint a "pussy", he's a shichibukai, thus he's strong. don't underestemate him.
Also his body IS the original body, coz DF powers apperently don't transffer with the shadows.

Impel Down
July 04, 2007, 06:03 PM
Well, Absulutio, there IS my theory that he can use his shadow to control a dead body, so his powers would trasffer, but that's not why I'm posting during my vacation.

So, in the latest chapter, 461, when Luffy showed up next to Moria, it seemed like Moria was giant sized again. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Pevee
July 05, 2007, 03:31 AM
it's not you, he IS a giant.

caco
July 05, 2007, 09:32 AM
well in 461 I saw Moria like always, big but not as big as a giant.

Impel Down
July 05, 2007, 11:50 AM
The first time he was shown, just his feet, he was definitly giant sized. But, later on, he just...wasn't. I mean, Luffy was like the size of his hand, and that's not right. But, in 461, Luffy just seemed smaller in comparison to the last time they were at the same place at the same time.

Lobolover
July 05, 2007, 02:45 PM
Dunno if anyone else said it already (and I did mention it in a different place,but whatever) ,but I hope that Moria will also have some fighting skills,so far hes only been seen sleeping,siting in a chair and.......sleeping again.He doesnt have to be EXTRA SUPER strong,but a bit of a chalenge (somewhere above Foxy but bellow,say Smoker)

Impel Down
July 05, 2007, 06:25 PM
Well, shouldn't he be around Crocodile's level, since he's a shichibukai. And he must be pretty strong, since he didn't seem that concerned with Oz rampaging or Luffy showing up. In fact, he seemed pretty bored with Luffy last chapter.

Absolutio
July 05, 2007, 07:23 PM
yea.. he didnt seem very excited or nervous or w/e when he saw luffy..
Dont forget he has a higher former bounty than luffy's, that means that he was hella strong when he became a shichibukai.. He aint so weak as lots of people think he is.. People are underestimating the Shichibukai.. The Shichibukais are 1 part of the 3 greatest powers in OP.. Which means they are part of the strongest in OP..

Impel Down
July 05, 2007, 09:40 PM
Although bounty isn't everything, since Enel's is supposed to be far above even Doflamingo's. But, I'll admit that I underestimated him at first, but I'm beginning to see more and more that he actually IS a force to be reckoned with.

Willreaper
September 22, 2007, 09:24 PM
Gecko Moria had a past bounty of 320,000,000 million beli (only 20 million beli higher than Luffys current bounty) so he is far stronger than Crocodile was (who only had a past bounty of 80 million).

Moria is the captain of the world's biggest pirate ship, Thriller Bark, and has a former bounty of 320,000,000 Beli. Moria apparently has the power to turn people's shadows (including his own) into solid objects due to the power of the Kage Kage no Mi (Shadow Shadow Fruit), but the full extent of his powers are yet unknown. He is the one who stole Brook's (musician and sword fighter who is strongly inclined to join the strawhat crew and thanks to his devil fruit he can't die or sink in water, although he looks like a bleached skeleton with an afro because he was half-dead for a very long time, he is also part of the crew that left Lamboon the whale behind, the crew didn't run but was actually destroyed by Gecko Moria), and various other beings' shadows. The loss of a being's shadow causes them to go into a two day coma, and to be vaporized if they come in contact with sunlight. The shadow acts a second soul, duplicating its owner's movements and mannerisms.

Moria creates zombies by inserting a shadow into a lifeless corpse. Coupled with physiologically enhanced bodies engineered by Hogback, he is able to create powerful and obedient zombie warriors. However, if the original owner of the shadow dies, the zombie created from that person's shadow will also die. As a result, Moria has the de-shadowed people placed on their ship and removed from Thriller Bark.

He is an extremely large man and has a devil-like appearance, mainly due to his horns and shadowy figure. He wields a pair of gigantic scissors that he uses to cut the shadows of his victims from their bodies upon seizing them. He also has X like marks above his nose and below his chin that may be stitches. Moria's motto is to rely on others to reach his goals. His favorite phrase is: "You do it!", reflecting his slothful personality and tendency to leave all work for his underlings. This also expands to his fighting style, as he prefers to lay back and let his own shadow, Doppelman, battle with the powers of the Kage Kage no Mi.

He has captured Luffy and has taken away his shadow. He has placed it in the giant 900th zombie named Oz, and plans to avenge his defeat at the hands of a person named Kaidou in the New World. Luffy has recently found Moria inside Oz's freezer, and started to battle him. Moria has revealed that the only way for all of the shadows to return to their original masters is for him to give them the order to do so.

Absolutio
September 23, 2007, 04:55 AM
*finishes reading*
Nice summery you gave up there! :D
;)

Impel Down
September 23, 2007, 08:26 AM
Yeah, we totally knew all that, but thanks for giving us a math lesson in the beginning there!

And as to Moria, I imagine he'll catch up with Luffy next chapter or so, and we'll get back to their fight, which in terms of OP fights with Luffy, is pretty unique, to me.

Willreaper
September 24, 2007, 10:09 AM
Honestly though, I kinda of expected Gecko Moria to be more of a giant. Like massive and all muscles, but he looks more like a really tall and pointy goblin.

Absolutio
September 24, 2007, 02:24 PM
maybe he's half a giant? Hagrid's lost brother? :p ;)

Impel Down
September 24, 2007, 08:17 PM
No one loves Hagrid. Harry doesn't understand what a friend is.

I'm willing to believe two things:
A) He is a very large human *cough*Whitebeard*cough*
B) See that stitch on his face? Costume.

Absolutio
September 24, 2007, 09:43 PM
stitch on his face => he's a zombie => the current budy has his shadow, which cannot be true for two reasons:
1. He can use his devil's fruit abilities.
2. He has a shadow (duplicate man).

I think he's taller than Whitebeard, maybe he's just a small giant? Or perhaps a new species in the OP world? :P
At the first time we've seen him, his subordinates had to shoot an arrow to eplode his sleeping nose-bubble => He's very big. I think he is a giant, but just, Ozz makes him seem smaller.

OP_overlord
September 24, 2007, 09:52 PM
when luffy stood next to him he was only like 3 or 4 times as tall as him, but the giants twos are like the size of luffy, so i dont think he is a small giant he is just a really big person, like WB.

Absolutio
September 24, 2007, 10:05 PM
Well.. I guess you're right. It's just that the first time we've seen Moria disturbes me. He seems so huge there!

Willreaper
September 24, 2007, 10:55 PM
I don't think Moria himself is a zombie, his power only allows him to make zombies. But, I agree he is just a really big and really ugly human. The stitches down his face are really odd though.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/408/band47pj6.jpg

Absolutio
September 25, 2007, 04:59 AM
Whoa, that's cool! Is it the new volume cover? O_o

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah, that's the new cover. And he can't be a zombie, since he has DF powers. I still think a giant costume is the way to go.

And I agree, he seemed a lot larger when we first saw him, and his hair was different. Oda's allowed to change his mind, I guess.

Imitorar
September 25, 2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah, that's the new cover. And he can't be a zombie, since he has DF powers. I still think a giant costume is the way to go.

And I agree, he seemed a lot larger when we first saw him, and his hair was different. Oda's allowed to change his mind, I guess.

Well, the powers might have been in that body, and the soul of Gecko Moria could have been what was taken, so he is. But either way, how could he be a zombie? Moria himself is nescessary for a zombie to be made. Who else would remove the soul that inhabits the body? He can't have done that to himself, so there's definitely no way he could be a zombie.

And I think the thing about Moria seeming bigger in his first appearance is a matter of Oda-sensei actually making him a giant, then realizing that he'd take up entire pages and he would have to spend too many panels per chapter drawing Moria to get enough content in, so he shrunk Moria to "really-freakishly-tall" instead of "giant". He's still like, 15-20 feet tall, I'd say at a guess. But it might be just a change in character design based on creative preferences, I don't know for sure. But I actually didn't notice that his hair was different before. Did we even see Moria's head in his first appearance? It was in chapter 449, I think.

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 12:42 PM
Okay, couple things. If the body had eaten the Kage Kage no mi, and he was dead, how could the dead body have taken Moria's shadow and put it into himself? Makes no sense.

And I agree, Luffy fighting a giant would have been kinda lame. Now, against a large opponent, that's better. It made me respect Oda-sensei...again, not that I already didn't.

Imitorar
September 25, 2007, 01:37 PM
Okay, couple things. If the body had eaten the Kage Kage no mi, and he was dead, how could the dead body have taken Moria's shadow and put it into himself? Makes no sense.

Exactly. There's no way he could be a zombie, because there's no way that his soul could be removed without him being dead somewhere in the process. And if he were dead, he wouldn't be able to finish transferring the soul. Upshot: There is no possible way that Moria is a zombie.

And I agree, Luffy fighting a giant would have been kinda lame. Now, against a large opponent, that's better. It made me respect Oda-sensei...again, not that I already didn't.

Well, I didn't say THAT. I was referring to drawings of Moria taking up too much page space, leaving not enough space for other things that move the plot more then a picture or two of Moria, and One Piece chapters would begin to have as much content in them as recent Bleach chapters, (Heaven forbid!) because too much space was being taken up by drawings that take up more space then they move the plot. How would Luffy fighting a giant be lame? I sorta liked Luffy vs. Broggy, for what it was worth. I don't think it would be lame at all for Luffy to fight a giant. It would've been a good chance to showcase Gear 3rd, at least, and even without that, it'd be an interesting fight. We haven't really seen a giant fight a Devil Fruit user. (Saul vs. Aokiji doesn't count, Saul was buying time, and it mostly consisted of him dying. That was slaughter, not a real fight. I think giants are at a disadvantage fighting Logia users, they can't dodge the elements, and their brute strength isn't of much use.)

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 01:39 PM
In the fights with Gear 3rd, it mostly showed Luffy making the actions, a bunch of panels of the action, and then a screen shot to the result, except with Giganto Pistol, which showed the whole thing. But, that's just fine, because it was bad-ass.

Absolutio
October 15, 2007, 04:21 PM
SO! I guess no one saw that coming! (Or did someone see that coming? :s) - Power Ranger Moria controlling his huge Megazord (or is it megazoid?) Ozz. And he really is a lazy bum! Just sitting there, and controlling his robot... Same with his shadow-clone! Can he even fight by himself?! :@

Impel Down
October 15, 2007, 04:49 PM
He's a very large man. I imagine he can deal out some heavy damage himself. And he's controlling Doppelman, so it's like he's fighting, I guess.

And Oz being a robot is kick-ass.

Freakzin
October 15, 2007, 06:58 PM
i just realized Moria looks like Penguin from batman

edit: a crap i meant Hogback

hollowfied
October 15, 2007, 10:34 PM
Moria is a joke.

Hes gonna get pawn't now. Hopefully this arc ends soon..I never really liked the Thriller Bark arc.

Absolutio
October 16, 2007, 06:55 AM
I, for one, really really like this arc.. =D Brooke is awesome, and there are so many unexpeced things (such as Kuma's arrival).

Impel Down
October 16, 2007, 03:03 PM
This is a great arc, although I admit that I'd like it to move on soon...maybe if Brook got a fight, I'd think differently.

But I agree with Absolutio, the main reason this arc is great is Brook.

Imitorar
October 16, 2007, 08:32 PM
I am sure that this arc won't last for more then 10 more chapters. And that's a maximum. I think 6 might do. But I like this arc, Brook or not. It's just a very interesting, creative idea, and when Oda-sensei has those kinds of ideas, good arcs happen. And it's been interesting from a character development perspective too. Zoro and Chopper had some development, and there was some getting familiar with Franky, Ussop got to show how far he has progressed (and the reappearance of Sogeking!) and there was some establishment of character for other Straw Hats too. A good arc, I'd say. Easily on par with the rest of the awesomely good arcs. Though of course, Brook helps.

Impel Down
October 16, 2007, 08:35 PM
10 more, yeah, that seems like enough breathing room. But this arc would need some interesting closure if they're going to get back all the shadows, taken down/escape from two Shichibukai and their forces, have a new nakama join, and escape in their ship.

But Oda-sensei will pull it off, I'm sure. Hell, maybe Laboon will come and destroy TB.

Imitorar
October 16, 2007, 08:56 PM
Hell, maybe Laboon will come and destroy TB would freeze over before what you wrote happened happened.

That would be all sorts of awesome, but no. Laboon is too big to enter the Grand Line, that was why they left him behind. And Crocus would never take him anyway. And that would be making the fulfillment of Brook's dream to easy. He has to chase his dream and make himself go to it, not have it go to him.

P.S. I'm sure you were just joking, but I couldn't resist using the strike-through thing. Sorry if that was a bit immature of me.

Stay on topic.

Absolutio
October 17, 2007, 08:16 AM
first of all, laboon stayed behind because they were scared he'll get hurt, if i remember correctly. He was kind of small back then..

And on toppic, I just realized that we don't even know what type of Moria's DF is - it might even be a logia, and not necessarily peremycia as i'm sure most of us thought it is.

EDIT: Oh.. nvm about that.. forgot about Luffy being able to kick him.. Guess he's a peremycia type after all.. :s

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I didn't think Laboon would really come, it was more of a joke, although if it DID happen, I would be happy inside...and outside.

And Moria is a Paramiciea DF. He cannot turn into a shadow.

Imitorar
October 17, 2007, 08:03 PM
But wouldn't it be just AWESOME if he could?

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 08:10 AM
No, because then Luffy would lose

DutchPhoenix
October 18, 2007, 10:29 AM
i think moria might could suprise u guys, since he HAS a bounty of 320m

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 10:56 AM
I don't think he'll "surprise" me, since I've already accepted that he's powerful. We've just seen very little of his power, but of what we've seen, he has an unstoppable wall in front of him at all times that can crush people, as well as turn itself into various other objects that can attack an opponent.

hollowfied
October 18, 2007, 11:26 AM
Gecko Moria is overshadowed by Lucci and even Sir Crocodile...

I mean, Luffy doesn't seem to be having a tough time at all =\

DutchPhoenix
October 18, 2007, 12:56 PM
the sunlight timing is compare able with the bomb in alabasta...

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 04:39 PM
Gecko Moria is overshadowed by Lucci and even Sir Crocodile...

I mean, Luffy doesn't seem to be having a tough time at all =\

Luffy got in one minor attack, after having all of his blocked, being forced to chase him around, having his shadow already ripped away, and when Moria did attack him, he got severe gashes all over his body.

Absolutio
October 18, 2007, 05:36 PM
We haven't seen any serious fight yet between luffy and moria, so we don't even know the extent of moria's full power.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 07:55 PM
Exactly, he definitely still stronger than he's shown. If we get another Luffy v. Moria going on, it won't be on the same level as the last one.

Imitorar
October 18, 2007, 08:35 PM
Yes, DutchPhoenix, Oda-sensei likes to add time limits to his arcs to the major arcs (every major arc that's been in the Grand Line so far). Get over it, it's been happening for a while. Like, since Alabasta. Skypiea had Enel destroying the island and finding the Bell, plus the three hours. Enies Lobby had Robin going through the Gates of Justice. It happens all the time.

And hollowfied... what One Piece are YOU reading? Because I seem to remember Luffy barely being able to land one hit on Moria, and that hit only worked because of a clever ruse that wouldn't work again. I'm tired of people thinking that Moria is weak. He's not. Morgan was weak. Wapol was weak. Moria is NOT weak at all. Seriously, to all those who think Moria is weak, reread chapter 463. Do you still think that Moria is weak?

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 08:57 PM
People think Moria is weak because he has others fight for him, I think. He's just lazy, is the thing, he's not so weak that he needs people to fight for him.

I mean, he so confident that he basically sleeps while Doppelman fights Luffy.

MDLatqp
October 19, 2007, 09:41 PM
And let's not forget that lazy definitely doesn't translate to weak. Just think about Ao Kiji. He takes lazy to a whole new level! As well as ass-kickery, lol.

I will say this though. After everything I've seen thus far, I feel that in a straight-up melee battle, Luffy vs Moria, I REALLY feel like Luffy would win. I definitely don't see Moria being able to go punch for punch with Luffy. And even if Moria surprised us with some extraordinary physical strength, I still think Luffy's on top in that department.

Impel Down
October 20, 2007, 07:48 AM
Of course Luffy has to win! He's the main character! But I think he'd beat Moria mostly with crazy creativity to get around his powers.

Absolutio
November 05, 2007, 06:21 AM
I've waited till now to finally post here something of reference to the latest chapter.
Moria's ability is just awesome! Oda-sensei is a genious! Dunno where he gets his ideas from!
I mean, reversing the "shadowing-body" effect, to "boddying-shadow".. Cool! And makes the body which is controlled by Moria to become awefully strong with an extordinary addaptation skills.
[hr]
Again, this chapter proves it to all the doubters. Moria is a force to be feared! His shadow switching powers gives him attributes almost like those of logia fruits.If he's aware enough and doesn't let his guard down, he can always switch body's as he likes => making himself invurenable to physical attacks. The only way of beating that is either finding his DF fruit weakness, thus attacking his shadow will destroy or stun it, or attacking both moria's shadow and moria himself at the same time, thus moria won't be able to switch body's safely with his duplicate.

Paz42
November 05, 2007, 08:24 AM
ye as the time goes on in this arc moria just becomes more and more powerful oda truely is a genius as Absulutio said the idea of him switching with his shadow at any time is a fantastic idea im really looking forward to see how he will fight in his final battle with luffy it will just be amazing to see i cant wait but i dont think it will be nightmare luffy that defeats him thats saved for Oz im sure but he will start to battle moria in ths form i think
[hr]
stupid enter button lol but what i ment to finish there was that he will start in this form with the battle against moria but then the shadows will leave and it will be the true luffy we all know and love that will win

Absolutio
November 15, 2007, 08:35 AM
yea. i think so too.. Nightmare luffy will defeat ozz, and normal luffy will defeat moria. Thing is, they've got 20 minutes left, and nightmare luffy has his shadows' powers for 10 minutes, meaning that he has 10 minutes to defeat ozz, and 10 to defeat moria. That's a harsh race against the clock!
[hr]
Just thought of the coming Luffy vs. Moria battle (after ozz is beaten) and thought of what kind of moves can moria use at a 1vs1 fight.
If he can control a body via its shadow, he can send his own shadow to luffy's and just make luffy's shadow punch/kick/w.e itself => luffy punches/kicks/w.e himself. By the time they fight, ozz will be beaten => luffy's shadow returns => luffy will have a shadow that can be controled.
If he does do that, I wonder how will luffy manage to beat him. Moria's powers are serious! :o