PDA

View Full Version : who is better, the panda or the dog?

erikrhys
April 05, 2007, 11:00 AM
which animal in this series is better? the dog from the first half or the panda from the second half? I personally like the dog due to what he did with that girl ^-^ which do you guys/girls prefer?

xi0
April 05, 2007, 01:28 PM
Hehehe...this is a funny topic isn't it?

I'm not sure what I would say really. I do think that the presence of Hoi Hoi was certainly bizarre and worked well as a foil for the moments of extreme violence. On top of that, the fact that it was seemingly attached to Izumi of all people. A cute fuzzy panda constantly hugging the least huggable person in the entire series was too funny.

Nami
April 06, 2007, 04:10 AM
Er..what do you mean by better? I can't really say much cos I don't remember any of them doing anything impressive, but if i get to choose , i'll prefer the panda, more likely because it is cuter (i thought).:tem

Anyway, how did they ended up in the Room? What's their purpose? Since they can't fight at all....plus its a miracle that the two of them did not ran out of the perimeter & get their brains blown off....... :o

xi0
April 06, 2007, 04:52 AM
My guess is that Gantz was just displaying its sense of humor in selecting and dog and a panda. Gantz has sort of revealed the fact that its selection process is hardly random.

rykarreolacr
April 06, 2007, 06:20 AM
The dog... what it did to Kishimoto several times was priceless. XD :p

ForteAnly
April 06, 2007, 02:07 PM
The dog... what it did to Kishimoto several times was priceless. XD :p

My sentiments exactly.

xi0
April 06, 2007, 04:42 PM
You know, bestiality is illegal in most places. :rofl

2ndKurono
April 07, 2007, 05:00 AM
u know what thye both are usseles , they didint do nothing but panda aint dead he might do something ....

erikrhys
April 08, 2007, 05:56 PM
You know, bestiality is illegal in most places. :rofl

MOST PLACES ?????? 0-o

wow THAT is messed up, i thought it was illegal in ALL places! (sorry to go off topic)

vaiobob
April 11, 2007, 08:58 PM
I vote for HoiHoi just because he hugged Izumi. There was no better way to balance out the pure evil of Izumi than a panda who gives hugs.

ssjasper2003
April 19, 2007, 06:46 AM
Lol butter dog I think it was referred to at times.

The dog was just too funny since you wouldnt expect it to happen & for kei to actually let the dog to do it lol more than once is just laughable.

ForteAnly
April 20, 2007, 10:13 PM
Didn't they always say that dog must have belonged to a secretery or something. That must have been a very lonely secretery if it learned tricks like that.

ssjasper2003
April 23, 2007, 02:10 PM
I dont remember anything like that but if they did it was probably just a punch line joke in some chapter. Will be hard to confirm it unless you re read the starting chapters.

Davox
April 24, 2007, 09:46 PM
I personally like the panda b/c I find it really amazing that they got it in a suit in fact I wish there was just a joke chapter that only had them trying to get the suit on the panda.

xi0
April 24, 2007, 10:46 PM
Izumi probably could have had an easy time doing it, although I don't think it was him for obvious reasons.

erikrhys
April 25, 2007, 08:39 PM
how do we know the panda didnt just put the suit on by its self? 0-0??????

Davox
April 25, 2007, 08:53 PM
lol

While we don't know for sure, I would think that a Panda isn't knowledgeable enough to even know how to put on the suit let alone think of doing it.

xi0
April 26, 2007, 04:47 AM
how do we know the panda didnt just put the suit on by its self? 0-0??????

...it doesn't have opposable thumbs?

kaloo
April 28, 2007, 04:21 AM
Hoi Hoi. No doubt... Did Hoi Hoi die? He wasn't in the room before the Osaka mission.

2ndKurono
April 28, 2007, 06:09 AM
i still dont understand why there are animals in the game?i dont get it

xi0
April 28, 2007, 08:41 AM
Hoi Hoi. No doubt... Did Hoi Hoi die? He wasn't in the room before the Osaka mission.

Yes he was, go back a reread chapter 238. He's there on page 8.

correojon
May 11, 2007, 03:35 PM
The dog, no doubt about it...I still laugh everytime I remember when Gantz have him his score "DOG: 0 POINTS...Is this guy even trying?" :D

erikrhys
May 23, 2007, 07:53 PM
^
lol yea, i wish he would have gotten points for what he did to kei ^-^

GAT-X252
May 23, 2007, 10:41 PM
I like the Panda over the "Butter Dog"...

And he is strongest..XD

Hollow Kurono
September 13, 2007, 08:16 AM
Well right now everyone is on Hoi Hoi, so ill resurect this thread,cause it will blow with posters in a couple of hours.

JioFreed666
September 13, 2007, 02:52 PM
BUTTERDOG is my choice

andreafraize
September 14, 2007, 03:39 PM
i'll choose da dog !!

Teardrop Jones
September 14, 2007, 04:00 PM
I'm going w/ Hoi Hoi, because she actually did something other than hide like Butter Dog. What you ask? She hugs and gets hugged by people, that's what! :D Still, I love Butter Dog as well, :cool:.

RedMoonBaby
September 15, 2007, 08:48 AM
I don't know why people find Kei being eaten out by the dog funny. That's just gross! But I like the dog better though. That's a good question. Who the hell puts the suit on the panda?

Teardrop Jones
September 16, 2007, 12:46 PM
^^ Not a damn thing is funny about it, atleast not anymore. It was funny the first time, but as much as it was unbelievable as far as seein' beastiality (or somethin like that) in an anime, let alone any show. But I forgot about that until now.....Fine, Butter Dog did do somethin'. But I still love Hoi Hoi more!

andreafraize
September 17, 2007, 02:02 AM
Who the hell puts the suit on the panda?

When ? before or after izumi died ?

When ? before or after kurono died ?

That person would be :

1) Someone who likes animals.

2) Someone that cares about the others.

3) Someone who knows how to wear a suit .

TheGenius
September 17, 2007, 03:14 AM
When ? before or after izumi died ?

When ? before or after kurono died ?

That person would be :

1) Someone who likes animals.

2) Someone that cares about the others.

3) Someone who knows how to wear a suit .

They got 5 finers and an opposable thumb...Hoi does not need to get someone to put the suit on! He ain't no punk!

andreafraize
September 17, 2007, 03:29 AM
are you serious ?

TheGenius
September 17, 2007, 11:57 AM
Yup 5 fingers with a thumb! Pretty amazing! And they use it efficiently.

Sheard
September 17, 2007, 11:53 PM
Hoi Hoi wins just for having opposable thumbs... The panda could potentially use guns and take aliens out if it really wanted to.

Butter Dog really was only good for molesting Kishimoto and without her, it really has no actual use. I also dislike Kishimoto enough that I would rather have the dog remain dead and useless than actually be useful.

Captain Marmoset
September 18, 2007, 12:38 AM
I'm pretty sure you guys know what my thoughts would be on this debate, so I'll just leave it at that.

Pandas with guns- a match made in Gantz

TheGenius
September 18, 2007, 12:51 AM
I'm pretty sure you guys know what my thoughts would be on this debate, so I'll just leave it at that.

Pandas with guns- a match made in Gantz

That is the love right there!

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 12:12 PM
then it will make her the best female Gantzer , she is more useful than Reika , hein??

Besides , i'm Sad there is no female Hero in the game !

TheGenius
September 18, 2007, 12:53 PM
then it will make her the best female Gantzer , she is more useful than Reika , hein??

Besides , i'm Sad there is no female Hero in the game !

It's true...they are all physically "perfect" but lack of everything else!

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 02:53 PM
It's true...they are all physically "perfect" but lack of everything else!

YES , they are totaly useless . But what if it meant to be ?? a Female Hero !! who would you pick ??

if i'm asked , i can pick Reika or the Girl with Masaro Kato , what's her name again ??

Captain Marmoset
September 18, 2007, 04:44 PM
YES , they are totaly useless . But what if it meant to be ?? a Female Hero !! who would you pick ??

if i'm asked , i can pick Reika or the Girl with Masaro Kato , what's her name again ??

Anzu, but she's even worse than Reika. Anzu hasn't done jack yet.

TheGenius
September 18, 2007, 06:19 PM

At least she cleared one(she has the ├╝ber weapon)...I cannot choose...It's not like Berserk where people have lots of personality and kicks ass, the females here are just supporting characters...

And Congrats on being a member!

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 06:23 PM

then i'll choose Reika !! :p

Captain Marmoset
September 19, 2007, 03:46 PM
Congrats on being a member!

Thanks, I guess. I never really pay attention to this sort of stuff, so I didn't really care.

TheGenius
September 19, 2007, 07:58 PM
then i'll choose Reika !! :p

It's true that Reika had her share of leadership, specially in the Vampire attack and the Oni mission where she killed all of the aliens in one strike...

My vote goes for her..........for now.....

urdtakako
September 20, 2007, 02:33 AM
Loving Panda > Pervert Dog =X

Absolutio
November 28, 2007, 08:15 PM
Did the dog die? I don't remember seeing him die.. If so, when and how? :o

Captain Marmoset
November 28, 2007, 10:20 PM

He was basically just written out.

And I think most people here know who I would choose.

Clarine
November 28, 2007, 11:40 PM
The dog died during the Temple Arc, i watch the anime and it shows how the dog died, it was bashed to death by one of those small figure god.

He was basically just written out.

And I think most people here know who I would choose.
Yeah they didnt show how the dog dies in the manga sadly :(

xi0
November 29, 2007, 05:37 AM
Well regardless of whether they showed us it in the Anime, it wasn't canon since it isn't in the manga. Like Marmoset-taichou said, he was written out.

Absolutio
November 29, 2007, 12:44 PM
Yea.. I knew he was killed in the anime, but in the manga he just disappeared!! :( Poor doggy.. :(
He might've been run over in the real life though, thus dying outside the Gantz game.. :p

TheGenius
December 01, 2007, 06:50 PM
Hoi 4 life. F Butter-Dog, pervert.

All I got to say.

GothHearth
December 03, 2007, 02:21 PM
Uh Uh .... I Like Hoi Hoi , She's Kawaii !! and the Dog is Like Me : a Gooofy Pervert ! i like him too but not as much as Hoi Hoi the Cutie <3

GAT-X252
December 10, 2007, 11:52 AM
The Panda is better.

And the dog...well he wasn't that bad.

Absolutio
December 11, 2007, 06:21 AM
I dunno.. I think I liked the dog more.. The way he reacted to getting 0 points each time.. Just cute.. =D

Cheeky
January 17, 2008, 09:55 PM
I like Hoi Hoi better! But the dog was cool too!XD

IStillDontKnow
February 25, 2008, 08:12 AM
Dog!

Captain Marmoset
February 25, 2008, 11:13 PM
Dog!

:modsmack

Shame....

kaliayev
February 26, 2008, 01:09 PM
in terms of how adorable they are, the panda wins. however, in terms of utility, the dog. getting a woman off is a lot more useful than hugging izumi.

i actually really want to know how each of the animals transferred into the room. did butter dog cheat on his office lady, with the latter killing our poor hero out of jealousy?

oh, and i'm convinced that kuwa and butter dog need to have a spin-off series where they show aliens just how formidable earthlings can be.

Captain Marmoset
February 26, 2008, 04:38 PM
i actually really want to know how each of the animals transferred into the room. did butter dog cheat on his office lady, with the latter killing our poor hero out of jealousy?

I'm convinced that that the dog was just a street dog, maybe run over or something. As for Hoi Hoi, I have no clue. I guess it must've been in her sleep because if she was killed by something noticeable, the zoo people would probably be very freaked out.

TheGenius
February 26, 2008, 09:07 PM
It's written in the Manual that Butter was killed by a garbage truck....tragic death...killed by trash.

And Hoi, I support Capn' on this. Most probably ate something poisonous.

Absolutio
February 26, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hoi is still alive, no?
And really tragic death.. Survived countless alien attacks but not the garbage truck => garbage is dangerous for the earth. ;) (even more than scary aliens)

Captain Marmoset
February 27, 2008, 03:52 AM
Hoi is still alive, no?

We're Talking about how the dog and my little Fluffy Wuffy got into the room. As far as we know, Hoi Hoi is still alive and humping.

Absolutio
February 27, 2008, 06:37 AM
oh.. I thought how did the dog die after he got into the gantz room, coz it just disappeared.. s
And Hoi Hoi, well, maybe a panda-hater poisoned him?

GAT-X252
February 27, 2008, 01:33 PM
The Panda died in a different way...

She/he falled from his loved Tire while playing with it:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5885/pandasreserveeo8.jpg
-this is dangerous stuff, get the Pandas away from them!

The wound at his head was too bad, and he/she died...

Source: Gantz Manual...

kaliayev
February 27, 2008, 05:46 PM
sure it wasn't from a violent sneeze?

Captain Marmoset
February 27, 2008, 10:21 PM
sure it wasn't from a violent sneeze?
That would be the absolute cutest death possible for a panda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk

TheGenius
February 28, 2008, 01:55 AM
The Panda died in a different way...

She/he falled from his loved Tire while playing with it:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5885/pandasreserveeo8.jpg
-this is dangerous stuff, get the Pandas away from them!

The wound at his head was too bad, and he/she died...

Source: Gantz Manual...

Serious? I need to get my paw on that manual! You have a link?

GAT-X252
February 28, 2008, 09:46 AM
Serious? I need to get my paw on that manual! You have a link?

Yeah, serious...

I know some japanese that's why i can understand some stuff of the Manual...

TheGenius
February 28, 2008, 08:01 PM
Is it in Romanji or Kanji? I understand Romanji a little.

xi0
February 29, 2008, 09:41 AM
Is it in Romanji or Kanji? I understand Romanji a little.

Japanese books are never written in Romaji...they have their own writing system. Romaji is used to teach English speakers Japanese.

TheGenius
February 29, 2008, 10:41 PM
Niiiannn....well Gat you'll be our official panda translator, do he have a page for himself?

putopooche
November 15, 2008, 01:25 AM
for me.. i'll choose hoi hoi .. first because of its ultimate cuteness.. and 2nd because he/she got 40points haha..