PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach 270 Review by Gigantor21

gigantor21
April 06, 2007, 09:21 PM
(Wow--I can't believe Ulquiorra was first introduced back in '05. It feels like it was only a few months ago or something.)

http://i12.tinypic.com/33tgq6q.jpg
260. WARning
A Review by Gigantor21

This chapter was, to quote Kawamura, "GREAT!!!"

First off, the cover and the color spread...Jesus Christ. I haven't seen better looking covers in a manga, ever. This chapter in general was a step above all the others I've reviewed, in terms of visuals: the first color page; the panel where Ulquiorra effortlessly blocked Ichigo's swing, after he said he took Inoue; pages 16 through 20; and, of course, the last page, with the huge-ass explosion caused by the HollowTenshou. This chapter was on par with 268 in terms of art.

I found it interesting that Ulquiorra provoked Ichigo into attacking him, as opposed to just going after him from the start. I can't say I know why he did it for sure, but my guess is that he isn't too happy about going along with Aizen's plans. Maybe he just wanted to crush Ichigo's will by beating him at his best. Maybe he wanted to see the power that mangled Grimmjow first-hand. At any rate, he doesn't seem to be a happy participant in Aizen's "game".

It was refreshing to see Ichigo force Ulquiorra to take him seriously, even if only for a moment. That'll make him think twice about his decision to let him live back when he and Yamii came to the real world. But even considering that, I doubt that Ulquiorra is going to release during this fight. With all the build-up of his powers by Kubo, there's no way we'll get to see him release before Grimmjow. So my guess is that Ulquiorra will hold him down long enough for the mask to break, then beat the fucking shit out of him--unless a rescuer or one of the higher-ups steps in.

Regardless of what I think, this is a match-up I've waited years to see. How will Ichigo fare against a higher-ranked Espada at his current level? What will he have to bring to the fight to win? Those are the questions I want to see answered during this match, more than anything else.

Rating - 4 out of 5 (Very Good)

Athena
April 06, 2007, 10:01 PM
nooooooooo! i don't see a 5 for this chapter, you meanie! Y__Y

In regard to your questions, I agree. Ichigo has been losing to Espadas for almost 60 chapters now. It pisses me off. But one thing I don't want to see is Grimmjow coming and interfering with the fight. I want to see how powerful ichigo really is, on his own and in that 11 seconds i want to see him at least injuring Ulquiorra a little. Perhaps in H.M ichigo is able to control his hollow for more than 11 seconds, who knows.
On the final note the last page has got to be one of the most annoying cliff hangers EVER.

been waiting for your review the whole day, hehe. Great one as usual :)

gigantor21
April 06, 2007, 10:07 PM
In regard to your questions, I agree. Ichigo has been losing to Espadas for almost 60 chapters now. It pisses me off. But one thing I don't want to see is Grimmjow coming and interfering with the fight. I want to see how powerful ichigo really is, on his own and in that 11 seconds i want to see him at least injuring Ulquiorra a little. Perhaps in H.M ichigo is able to control his hollow for more than 11 seconds, who knows.
On the final note the last page has got to be one of the most annoying cliff hangers EVER.

been waiting for your review the whole day, hehe. Great one as usual :)

I agree on the Grimmjow thing. I do NOT want to see Ichigo fight Grimmjow again until Ichigo is strong enough to beat him. I'm sick of seeing Ichigo getting his ass kicked by the same person over and over again. In regards to Ulquiorra, I think he might take some damage from the attack on the last page. It'd make sense, since he couldn't believe how powerful it was. I don't expect much more than that, though.

And you were waiting to read my review? Thanks!

qwan3356
April 06, 2007, 11:08 PM
Great review!
It was about time Ichigo lose it and just go all out from jump point. And i agree that Ulquiorra is really regretting not killing Ichigo when he had the chance. really regretting that!
Great chpt !!

Luckas
April 07, 2007, 04:57 AM
I fear Ulquiorra make Ichigo attacking him so Ichigo will not go to Rukia, if I'm right then I believe it is probable Rukia will become a prisoner or her fate will remain unknown for some time, too much for my taste :( Obviously I'm assuming she is not dead :)

Quartz-pebble
April 07, 2007, 07:51 AM
I agree on the Grimmjow thing. I do NOT want to see Ichigo fight Grimmjow again until Ichigo is strong enough to beat him. I'm sick of seeing Ichigo getting his ass kicked by the same person over and over again. In regards to Ulquiorra, I think he might take some damage from the attack on the last page. It'd make sense, since he couldn't believe how powerful it was. I don't expect much more than that, though.

And you were waiting to read my review? Thanks!

Great reveiw!

I was actually trying to deduce whether Ulquiorra's "Impossible" was a "Pfft, impossible" or a "Impossible!!!". Heh, there was no punctuation, so I couldn't tell his tone. However, I'm going to assume the latter, and that he indeed did just get smashed through a wall, with probably minor damage. I agree on Ichigo's mask busting before he does much more. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he used the better portion of his remaining energy in that shot.

Overall, the title page kicks ass, and this chapter's straightforwardness was quite refreshing. I loved how Ichigo tried to hold back against Dordonii, but tried to throttle Ulquiorra right away. XD

gigantor21
April 07, 2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Luckas - Yeah, you're probably right. This could just be a way for Kubo to buy time so he can figure out what to do next, since there's no way that Ichigo's going to beat Ulquiorra now. Personally, I think that the Espada are going to leave her alone, since A'Roniro told them all that she was as good as dead right before he died.

Quatrtz - Well, I don't know if the energy requirements dictate the time, or if Ichigo meant that he could go all out with the mask for 11 seconds straight. Plus, we've still got no confirmation on whether or not the "HM effect" will play a role here. So it's all up in the air at this point.

I also liked how Ichigo just cut the bullshit and went all out. Thankfully, Kubo knew enough to not give us a chapter of Ichigo struggling with Shikai and Bankai alone, unlike with Doldooni.

Quartz-pebble
April 07, 2007, 07:32 PM
. So it's all up in the air at this point.

Yeah, I think I might be done predicting things. I've been wrong so often this last month. :P

gigantor21
April 07, 2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I think I might be done predicting things. I've been wrong so often this last month. :P

Well, I usually don't predict much anyway, but we've all been really off since A'Roniro was fully introduced. So yeah.

Personally, I don't see this arc lasting much longer than Ichigo and Renji's fights. Once we've established that the strongest character in the group can't take on the high-ranked Espada, there'll be no point to having anymore fights. And besides, Ishida's the only one left who's in any condition to fight, anyway--and I know for damn sure he's not as strong as Ichigo.

Quartz-pebble
April 07, 2007, 11:53 PM
Personally, I don't see this arc lasting much longer than Ichigo and Renji's fights. Once we've established that the strongest character in the group can't take on the high-ranked Espada, there'll be no point to having anymore fights. And besides, Ishida's the only one left who's in any condition to fight, anyway--and I know for damn sure he's not as strong as Ichigo.

Well yeah, that's true. I doubt Ishida could pull a win. -Maybe- against a lower-ranked one. But then, Renji's losing against No.8, and I assume he's stronger than Ishida. He may run into Noitora, whom I think is No.7, although people have been saying that he may be going after Shinji (based off of 270's second color page). Either way, I -will- predict Ulquiorra rocking Ichigo's shit. Badly.

Can you imagine Ishida vesus Yami? Hilariousness abound. XD

gigantor21
April 08, 2007, 08:45 AM
Well yeah, that's true. I doubt Ishida could pull a win. -Maybe- against a lower-ranked one. But then, Renji's losing against No.8, and I assume he's stronger than Ishida. He may run into Noitora, whom I think is No.7, although people have been saying that he may be going after Shinji (based off of 270's second color page). Either way, I -will- predict Ulquiorra rocking Ichigo's shit. Badly.

Can you imagine Ishida vesus Yami? Hilariousness abound. XD

Shinji, huh? That's interesting. I'm not sure whether the covers are a good indicator of when someone will (re)enter the story, though. Hirako first appeared in the cover for chapter one, after all, and look at when we finally saw him introduced. It'd be a nice way to start wrapping up the arc, though, since they're gonna need a Vaizard or someone with that kind of power to help them escape (if Aizen doesn't just "let" them leave).