PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 272 Discussion [Bleach]

bax
April 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
The chapter 271 is out!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11506)

What happened next? Tell us your thoughts!!

Predict away guys :amuse

hamster
April 13, 2007, 11:20 AM
My prediction for 272: Ichigo Inner world or Renji fight, maybe Ishida news.

zerokule
April 13, 2007, 11:44 AM
nell does a zanpaktou release

Koyuki
April 13, 2007, 11:47 AM
I haven't even noticed Nell carrying a zanpakutou.

Anyways, it is highly likely that Ichigo will get his @$$ kicked some more. Then he'll show the beginnings of surpassing the obstacle in the usual form. Some form of inner world fight or thrusting the inner world out into the real world.

ANBU4U
April 13, 2007, 11:55 AM
Hmmmm...Ichigo feels like a cliff hanger. The fights deffinately over tho. So we'll be left to wonder what will become of him AND Rukia.

I dont really think he's gonna "inner battle" his way out of this one simply becuase...I mean there's too big a gap. Uli hasnt even released yet, and without the mask he cant even pressure him with his banki. SO unless theres like one supermove/resolve technique that zangetsu can teach him that forces Uli to release and stilll beats him its over.

Next chapter will take us to eithe Ishida or Renji....then well see them get pwned. And then w/e happens to save them will happen all at once.....some sort of split panel page of them all being bailed out by SS, Urahara, or the Vizard.

dreamzsai
April 13, 2007, 01:06 PM

Just like what i think....Nell Loves Ichigo...well kind of...so i think he/she will help....remember him/her saving Ichigo once?
But there is a good chance of inner world again...cause i think there isnt much Ichigo can do for the rest of the story if he doesnt improve or get something more powerful....
Or he might just end up getting pawned....and since Ulquiora is the sort of patient guy....he might not kill him and instead bring him over to Aizen....

Amatersu
April 13, 2007, 02:00 PM
Hollow is going to come out. Ichigo failed as the "king" so the "horse" (Ichigo's hollow) will take the "king's" place. That or we'll see everyone react to Ichigo getting punctured in the chest and then maybe Renji's fight.

Fayte
April 13, 2007, 02:08 PM

Am I the only one who understands this joke? I found it funny. In the next chapter I think Ulquiorra kills Ichigo by his special technique "Gold Digger" where he shoves his finger up Ichigo's nose, Through his skull, and through his brain and kills him.

Nafycuk
April 13, 2007, 02:40 PM
Oh, I really believe in SS )))

Remember Naruto, when all our guys were about to be killed and then Sand arrived ) It would be great if SS would arrive ) But, honestly, I would rather see Kenpachi fighting Noitora and remembering his zanpakutou's name )

Codejunky
April 13, 2007, 02:49 PM
Ichigo is going to transform into a hollow. Also you notice how Ulquiorra impaled Ichigo through the chest, exactly where the hole is. Ichigo is going to go crazy.

I seriously don't think that Tite will switch to another scene so quickly since it's about to get serious.

If Tite did leave it as a cliff hanger than it will probably switch to Renji or Ishida.

rocker2
April 13, 2007, 03:09 PM
This arc, at least for Ichigo has been about his will to fight. The question is whether Ichigo will retain his will to fight or not. So far, he has so I don't see a reappearance of Hichigo in the outer world. Some face time with Zangetsu and Hichigo in the inner world probably. What they are going to talk about?

Well, a clue to what Ichigo needs to do might already been mentioned by Hichigo. Ichigo hasn't performed any new techniques of his own since achieving bankai and his superspeed shunpo - he's just copied everything else from Hichigo. It's probably time that Ichigo converted that will to fight into one or more techniques to augment his bankai's power. Hichigo can teach Ichigo cero, but that's about it that I can see from him. Otherwise Hichigo is the horse which translates to a massive power boost. Ichigo needs to learn how to handle that horse better which will be where I see Hichigo coming in.

So what new thing technique, etc. could Ichigo get that could triumph over Ulquorria and the others. An added power boost from Hichigo from a better synchronization between the two will go a long way, but I see Tensa Zangetsu as the key. So far we have been considering Ichigo's bankai as a massive concentration of power where zangetsu is reduced in size to give Ichigo huge bursts of power to achieve super speed and kuroi getsuga. What I think would be interesting is if speed is just the precursor to the true power of zangetsu - control of space & time. What if zangetsu can concentrate power to the point that Ichigo can stop or control the movement of time in the area around him and teleport at will. This would definitely give Ichigo the edge he needs against the espada that are left and against Aizen, as Ichigo will need a super powerful bankai to go against Aizen, considering the man already has a near flawless shikai (what that will translate into for bankai will be no less then epic) and based on the amount of reiatsu he has, possibly is or can become a vaizard as well.

The fight between Ichigo and Ulquiorra is far from over and will end with Ichigo pwning Ulquiorra. Back-up from Urahara and co, the Vaizard and SS would be cool, but unlikely as Ulquiorra has already stated, nobody else has a reason to come to HM and all except Ichigo and co. know better as well. Grimmjow being skipped seems to point to one thing - bad boy or not, his actions directly help Ichigo and co. in the long run, even if he doesn't intend it that way (ie. he'll bring Inoue to Ichigo, save Rukia and/or save Chad just so he has bait to lure Ichigo to him to fight - then Ichigo will pwn him and everyone will escape HM alive and waiting for Aizen's attack). As for Ishida, considering his prior opponents, he'll be up against the espada female or black dude next.

gigantor21
April 13, 2007, 03:37 PM
OMG, IT'S ROCKER2!!!!! *jumps up and down with nostalgic joy*

Anywho...Ichigo improving his Bankai's capabilities would be a huge help, since he's so deficient in every way compared to the higher ranked Espada. Now that we know Ulquiorra isn't even in the top 3, yet didn't get a scratch from the HollowTenshou, that has only become more apparent. The problem is that I don't see a tangible way for Ichigo to improve his Bankai, since only just learned how to use it, like, a few weeks ago.

Unless the Hyperballic Time Chamber from DBZ exists in Soul Society or something, experience over time is the only method we know of for improving a Bankai's capabilities. I don't see how Kubo could write in an alternate method without it seeming like trite shonen bullshit, or how Ichigo is going to get even stronger than the Espada in the first place.

arslan
April 13, 2007, 03:50 PM
well i see an internal dialog coming for Ichigo and we are definitely going to see more techniques from Zangetsu in the future though how long we have to wait, I have no idea.

Nafycuk
April 13, 2007, 05:29 PM
2rocker2: I like your way of thinking ^^ You're definetly an optimist ^^ Just like me ^^

notBowen
April 13, 2007, 05:44 PM
I don't think Ichigo's will to fight even comes into play. Ulquiorra could have ripped out his god damn heart should he had been so inclined.

Lord Rae
April 13, 2007, 06:09 PM
Coming to terms with Ulq as the 4th will take some time.. but it makes sense since Ichigo obviously doesn't have to fight all the espada one after another. He'll definitely fight Grimmjow again at some point... and maybe even Ulq... but he won't ever fight or face 1-3 me thinks. Other captains and characters for those fights.

Next chapter is possible all inner world...

if not then its Ishida and maybe renji noticing Ichigo's spirit pressure go down to almost nothing. That should freak them out good and proper.

I'm still calling for Innoue to open some portals and save the crew from distance. ;p

gab00n
April 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
Ichigo definitely needs to form a close relationship with his inner hollow instead of constantly fighting to suppress it. It's like Zaraki and his sword, they only weaken each other by not fighting together. Even if it is just a contractual relationship, it has to happen. There has to be more to his Bankai as well so i hope he learns something new before he fights again.

theshizzle
April 13, 2007, 06:37 PM
Ichigo will be saved by someone and get stronger some how in Hueco mundo and eventually kill aizne sama

Evil Mind
April 13, 2007, 07:36 PM
I think we'll see hollow Ichigo again now, ether as he takes over as king or in an inner world shot of him taunting Ichigo into some kind of action. But I agree with rocker2 Ichigo need to learn some new techniques. He is so far behind any other Death God in terms of fighting skill, he needs to start closing that gap. Right now his is like a one trick pony and it getting old (reminds me alot of Naruto).

Silhouette
April 13, 2007, 08:27 PM
Why is Shirosaki more skilled than Ichigo? well from what we have seen, Shirosaki loves to fight and seeks more power so he is not afraid to use all of his strength while Ichigo is a recently human-turned-shinigami and even though he is naturally talented it's also natural for him to be afraid of using his full power. I believe that the Zaraki that Ichigo saw in his inner world was Ichigo's fighting desire and I think Ichigo will see him again but this time that desire will be totally unleashed.

Another possibility is that Zangetsu or Shirosaki will show up. I say Zangetsu because Shirosaki is under control now but if Ichigo loses his control over his hollow then it will be Shirousaki then.

Regardless of how it goes, I would love to see Ulquiorra shocked again

ANBU4U
April 13, 2007, 09:01 PM
This arc, at least for Ichigo has been about his will to fight. The question is whether Ichigo will retain his will to fight or not. So far, he has so I don't see a reappearance of Hichigo in the outer world. Some face time with Zangetsu and Hichigo in the inner world probably. What they are going to talk about?

Well, a clue to what Ichigo needs to do might already been mentioned by Hichigo. Ichigo hasn't performed any new techniques of his own since achieving bankai and his superspeed shunpo - he's just copied everything else from Hichigo. It's probably time that Ichigo converted that will to fight into one or more techniques to augment his bankai's power. Hichigo can teach Ichigo cero, but that's about it that I can see from him. Otherwise Hichigo is the horse which translates to a massive power boost. Ichigo needs to learn how to handle that horse better which will be where I see Hichigo coming in.

So what new thing technique, etc. could Ichigo get that could triumph over Ulquorria and the others. An added power boost from Hichigo from a better synchronization between the two will go a long way, but I see Tensa Zangetsu as the key. So far we have been considering Ichigo's bankai as a massive concentration of power where zangetsu is reduced in size to give Ichigo huge bursts of power to achieve super speed and kuroi getsuga. What I think would be interesting is if speed is just the precursor to the true power of zangetsu - control of space & time. What if zangetsu can concentrate power to the point that Ichigo can stop or control the movement of time in the area around him and teleport at will. This would definitely give Ichigo the edge he needs against the espada that are left and against Aizen, as Ichigo will need a super powerful bankai to go against Aizen, considering the man already has a near flawless shikai (what that will translate into for bankai will be no less then epic) and based on the amount of reiatsu he has, possibly is or can become a vaizard as well.

The fight between Ichigo and Ulquiorra is far from over and will end with Ichigo pwning Ulquiorra. Back-up from Urahara and co, the Vaizard and SS would be cool, but unlikely as Ulquiorra has already stated, nobody else has a reason to come to HM and all except Ichigo and co. know better as well. Grimmjow being skipped seems to point to one thing - bad boy or not, his actions directly help Ichigo and co. in the long run, even if he doesn't intend it that way (ie. he'll bring Inoue to Ichigo, save Rukia and/or save Chad just so he has bait to lure Ichigo to him to fight - then Ichigo will pwn him and everyone will escape HM alive and waiting for Aizen's attack). As for Ishida, considering his prior opponents, he'll be up against the espada female or black dude next.

Thats alot for Ichigo to learn in an instant. And he'd have to go through most of that to beat Uli.

I dont doubt that he'll improve. I just dont think it will be this fight. Ul is a cool guy (at this moment to his discredit) he'll let Ichigo live for w/e reason and Ichigo will improve later.

On a side note: Whats going on with those 3 Open Captains Seats??? SS will want those refilled b4 the war. Anyone thinking Ichigo/ Renji/ Ikkaku? I mean who else? Desperate times right?

Amatersu
April 13, 2007, 09:03 PM
Maybe something like in Naruto when he went down to the Fox chamber inside of him (inner world) and said something along the lines of "Give me more power or else we both die." Ichigo to inner world talks to hollow and tells him to give him all of his power or else they both die and the hollow never gets the chance to take control.

Evil Mind
April 13, 2007, 09:12 PM
Thats alot for Ichigo to learn in an instant. And he'd have to go through most of that to beat Uli.

I doubt that he'll improve. I just dont think it will be this fight. Ul is a cool guy (at this moment to his discredit) he'll let Ichigo live for w/e reason and Ichigo will improve later.

On a side note: Whats going on with those 3 Open Captains Seats??? SS will want those refilled b4 the war. Anyone thinking Ichigo/ Renji/ Ikkaku? I mean who else? Desperate times right?

I wonder that as well, but I don't think Ikkaku will take a seat as a captain as he has stated that he wants to serve under Kenbachi. And Ichigo is rarely in SS to make a good captain IMHO.

ANBU4U
April 13, 2007, 09:12 PM
I think we'll see hollow Ichigo again now, ether as he takes over as king or in an inner world shot of him taunting Ichigo into some kind of action. But I agree with rocker2 Ichigo need to learn some new techniques. He is so far behind any other Death God in terms of fighting skill, he needs to start closing that gap. Right now his is like a one trick pony and it getting old (reminds me alot of Naruto).

Woah Woah, not fair. As far as swordmanship and shunpo goes Ichigo's proven he's on par with Byakuya one of the Higher ranked CAPTAINS. While he should probably...no deffinately work on Kido, he's far, far, far, far from "behind any other Death God in terms of fighting skill."

There arnt even words to describe how wrong that is...he's practically a fighting prodigy. Its all of his other areas he needs to work on. Kido, sensing reiatsu...and yes even his bankai (but thats not at all abnormal for someone who's just achieved it, Renji's the same way.)

But yea, as far as Speed and Swordmanship goes amung the Shiningami Ichigos Top Teir, no contest.

"He is so far behind any other Death God in terms of fighting skill, he needs to start closing that gap."

I mean seriously? There are only 3 Current captains out of 13 you can even diffinitivly say are stronger than him, and thats factoring in kido.

Codejunky
April 13, 2007, 09:15 PM
Shinji might come in, but I doubt the other Vizards will. Ulquiorra will probably leave but he blew a huge hole in Las Noches with his Cero.

Here's what I think could happen.
1. Shinji comes in, given the fact that Tite wants to give him more involvement.
2. Switch to Renji/Ishida Battle
3. Inner World with Shirosaki and/or Zangetsu

ANBU4U
April 13, 2007, 09:16 PM
Why is Shirosaki more skilled than Ichigo? well from what we have seen, Shirosaki loves to fight and seeks more power so he is not afraid to use all of his strength while Ichigo is a recently human-turned-shinigami and even though he is naturally talented it's also natural for him to be afraid of using his full power. I believe that the Zaraki that Ichigo saw in his inner world was Ichigo's fighting desire and I think Ichigo will see him again but this time that desire will be totally unleashed.

Another possibility is that Zangetsu or Shirosaki will show up. I say Zangetsu because Shirosaki is under control now but if Ichigo loses his control over his hollow then it will be Shirousaki then.

Regardless of how it goes, I would love to see Ulquiorra shocked again

But given recent revelations Ichigo was never quite....human was he? I mean no other human outside his family would have been able to call forth their own Zanpakto after a borrowed one had been destroyed. Or so we're led to believe by:

1: His dad having been a Shiningami well before his birth
2: Byakuya not being able to figure out how Ichigo got back his powers.

Still thats all semantics, it doesnt really affect what you were saying at all...I just wanted to get that out there.

ANBU4U
April 13, 2007, 09:20 PM
I wonder that as well, but I don't think Ikkaku will take a seat as a captain as he has stated that he wants to serve under Kenbachi. And Ichigo is rarely in SS to make a good captain IMHO.

I completely agree. I just assume Kenpachi will say something like "Why fight under me when you can fight beside me." Only because no one other than those three can achieve Bankai...and theres no freak like Kenpachi that just beast enough to take the captincy without one.

Ichigo is a poor choice too I agree...but I mean really, who else?

SporkNinja
April 13, 2007, 09:42 PM
But given recent revelations Ichigo was never quite....human was he? I mean no other human outside his family would have been able to call forth their own Zanpakto after a borrowed one had been destroyed. Or so we're led to believe by:

1: His dad having been a Shiningami well before his birth
2: Byakuya not being able to figure out how Ichigo got back his powers.

Still thats all semantics, it doesnt really affect what you were saying at all...I just wanted to get that out there.
When has Ichigo borrowed some one's Zanpakto? He barrowed Shinigami powers that made Zangetsu unknown to Ichigo then, it was after Zangetsu was broke he discovered it's name and restored it, to a perma-shikai. =/

Evil Mind
April 13, 2007, 09:44 PM
Woah Woah, not fair. As far as swordmanship and shunpo goes Ichigo's proven he's on par with Byakuya one of the Higher ranked CAPTAINS. While he should probably...no deffinately work on Kido, he's far, far, far, far from "behind any other Death God in terms of fighting skill."

There arnt even words to describe how wrong that is...he's practically a fighting prodigy. Its all of his other areas he needs to work on. Kido, sensing reiatsu...and yes even his bankai (but thats not at all abnormal for someone who's just achieved it, Renji's the same way.)

But yea, as far as Speed and Swordmanship goes amung the Shiningami Ichigos Top Teir, no contest.

"He is so far behind any other Death God in terms of fighting skill, he needs to start closing that gap."

I mean seriously? There are only 3 Current captains out of 13 you can even diffinatvely say are stronger than him, and thats factoring in kido.

I won't argue over that, he does show great skill but it's mostly guts and a never say die mantality, couple that with his hugh amount of spritual power his is a nasty fighter but he lacks experience (which is what I was try to get at). I just find he dosen't have the same amout of combat options most Death Gods have, like Demon Form (It boring to have main characters that always skip low level abilities and go start to the top, it's over done). Raw force can only take you so far.

And I wouldn't say there are only three captains stronger then him as he has only bested two of them to date. You can't tell who is really better then who till they actual fight, one could surprise us. I would give any captain a fighting chance vs. Ichigo, as I said before he lacks the experience they have and thats a big diffence.

I completely agree. I just assume Kenpachi will say something like "Why fight under me when you can fight beside me." Only because no one other than those three can achieve Bankai...and theres no freak like Kenpachi that just beast enough to take the captincy without one.

Ichigo is a poor choice too I agree...but I mean really, who else?

I also agree that it would be nice if Ichigo got the seat as captain, and that there are few other to seat up. This is most likely the reason they have not picked new captains yet, who is there really.

PS.: please don't take me the wrong way, just posting my view point.

ANBU4U
April 13, 2007, 10:02 PM
When has Ichigo borrowed some one's Zanpakto? He barrowed Shinigami powers that made Zangetsu unknown to Ichigo then, it was after Zangetsu was broke he discovered it's name and restored it, to a perma-shikai. =/

I won't argue over that, he does show great skill but it's mostly guts and a never say die mantality, couple that with his hugh amount of spritual power his is a nasty fighter but he lacks experience (which is what I was try to get at). I just find he dosen't have the same amout of combat options most Death Gods have, like Demon Form (It boring to have main characters that always skip low level abilities and go start to the top, it's over done). Raw force can only take you so far.

And I wouldn't say there are only three captains stronger then him as he has only bested two of them to date. You can't tell who is really better then who till they actual fight, one could surprise us. I would give any captain a fighting chance vs. Ichigo, as I said before he lacks the experience they have and thats a big diffence.

I also agree that it would be nice if Ichigo got the seat as captain, and that there are few other to seat up. This is most likely the reason they have not picked new captains yet, who is there really.

PS.: please don't take me the wrong way, just posting my view point.

lol Kido=Demon Arts. It wasnt an insult.

And I agree that Ichigo has alot to learn, but I disagree that its in fighting style. He's a very polished fighter, at a very young age. He needs to improve his strength and speed (relative to Arrancar, not SHiningami) yes, but his skills are about as good as possible.

I also agree that he needs to master a bit more of Zangetsu's skills...as he surely has more. But again thats something only Zangetsu can teach....as far as how he physically swings the sword and defends attacks, he amung the best shiningami. Notice that you sadi "Any captain has a fighting chance." that say alot about his abilities among the shiningami right there. The Captain are the elite, and most of them arnt sure theyd be able to beat him.

As for Ichigo's first zanpaktou.........theres a debate....thats pretty much deadlocked. But I personally dont think thats zangetsu...it has the same crossguard as Rukias sword and no other Zanpaktou have had the same tsuba.

Now yes that could be a plot hole But if every human can manifest their own zanpaktou wouldnt it happen more? And why would Byakuya "not know how he got his pwers back" if every human could do it if they tried. He seemed more confused that someone with borowed powers could manifest new power one the borrowed power had been takin away...wich implys that its normally not possible.

Evil Mind
April 13, 2007, 10:11 PM
lol Kido=Demon Arts. It wasnt an insult.

LOL yeah I misread your post on that point my bad :darn

ANBU4U
April 13, 2007, 10:16 PM
LOL yeah I misread your post on that point my bad :darn

Not a problem

manga_freaky
April 13, 2007, 10:27 PM
No repetition, no Inner world. Hollow taking over. Ppl just don't want to admit that Kurosaki Ichigo is DEad and the transition has just started. No rescue, it's about time Ichigo gives in. And i think it would be a mistake if kubo switch scenes to Ishida or Renji or even postpone this fight seeing the condition in what Ulq is.

gigantor21
April 13, 2007, 10:31 PM
No repetition, no Inner world. Hollow taking over. Ppl just don't want to admit that Kurosaki Ichigo is DEad and the transition has just started. No rescue, it's about time Ichigo gives in. And i think it would be a mistake if kubo switch scenes to Ishida or Renji or even postpone this fight seeing the condition in what Ulq is.

I definitely don't agree with that. Kubo is not going to randomly kill off the main character before the most important arc in the entire manga.

I do want to see a new angle on Ichigo's growth on Kubo's part. The Shirosaki and Zangetsu parts were cool, but all they did is increase the amount of reiatsu he has access to. I want to see a more hollistic kind of power-up, or at least development on something besides reiatsu output (as rocker2 said).

Codejunky
April 13, 2007, 10:37 PM

I think he will turn into a hollow, but Ichigo needs to learn that he isn't fighting alone. He isn't thinking about fighting together with Zangetsu and Shirosaki. He wanted to go alone to Hueco Mundo, he keeps thinking about fighting alone and doesn't take the chance to understand them. I think that's what will occur. As the Vizards were talking to him, Ichigo is afraid to place his soul into his hollows hands. That's pretty much it. Ichigo needs to learn to fight with both Zangetsu and Shirosaki.

gab00n
April 13, 2007, 10:52 PM
I am hoping for both a spirit power boost and full Hollow transformation abilities, his Hollow form is just way too cool, seeing it once is not enough for me. Once he forms a relationship with his Hollow side his power will increase drastically and he will easily be able to kill Ulquiorra. I would prefer it if he made Ulquiorra his little emo bitch, that would be funny. If in full Hollow mode can Ichigo eat Ulquiorra and get even stronger that way? That would be awesome.

Evil Mind
April 13, 2007, 10:55 PM
I think he will turn into a hollow, but Ichigo needs to learn that he isn't fighting alone. He isn't thinking about fighting together with Zangetsu and Shirosaki. He wanted to go alone to Hueco Mundo, he keeps thinking about fighting alone and doesn't take the chance to understand them. I think that's what will occur. As the Vizards were talking to him, Ichigo is afraid to place his soul into his hollows hands. That's pretty much it. Ichigo needs to learn to fight with both Zangetsu and Shirosaki.

I agree, this is a prefect chance for Ichigo to take that step and learn to fight along side his hollow rather then against it. Like the battle with Kenbuchi he'll have to come to trust his hollow rather then think of it as a tool. But I can say that this fight is not over Ichigo not the type to go down from a few attacks. He always takes the blows and stands back up, it's his greatest stranght.

The more I think about this more I want to read next chapter. I hope to see Zangetsu again he is too cool to forget about if you ask me.

Makiyura
April 13, 2007, 11:03 PM
Full hollow like the time he was battling with his hollow, interesting idea, have him unconscious and he might go berserk! I'm still trying to figure out why Ulquiorra is the 4th Espada, man thats a major bummer but i wonder if that creates problems for the top 3 above since he is more trusted by Aizen than most of them.

As for predictions go, i believe Ulquiorra won't kill Ichigo because Aizen will have use for him ( remember the gateway and key to the king of souls [ or soul society if i remember correctly]), thus the he might smash Ichigo a bit more till Grimmjow gets mad and tells him to set aside and let him fight. Also the there might be a shift in scene to where we see Renji pwning the 8th espada with just shikai! GG!

Evil Mind
April 13, 2007, 11:12 PM
I'm not shocked that Ulquiorra is the 4th Espada (makes him alittle more expendable), it would be foolish to pull your trump card out before the winter battle begins. Besides Ichigo needed to sharpen his teeth on a middle level Espada before he takes on the higher ups.

ANBU4U
April 13, 2007, 11:53 PM
I'm not shocked that Ulquiorra is the 4th Espada (makes him alittle more expendable), it would be foolish to pull your trump card out before the winter battle begins. Besides Ichigo needed to sharpen his teeth on a middle level Espada before he takes on the higher ups.

And that will be GJ, not Uli. Not anytime soon.

I'm callin it. Ichigo loses this fight. No comeback, no inner world. Nothing.

Evil Mind
April 14, 2007, 12:06 AM
I think GJ is destined for a diffrent fate then just getting his ass handed to him by Ichigo, and Ul has give Ichigo enough reason to focus his rage on him.

But we'll see.

delapaz13
April 14, 2007, 12:43 AM
I just hope we don't get another flashback (we've been getting a lot lately) but I would love to see Ikasoruk Ogichi taunt and takeover Ichigo's body again.

manga_freaky
April 14, 2007, 01:13 AM
Fight with? Shinigami and hollow don't fight along side, remember? If there was a way of fighting together I think the vaizards would be the first ones to know. Second when i mentionned Ichigo's dead, I meant death as Kurosaki shinigami not Ichigo's soul. It's time for a new transition from shinigami to hollow. I will say it again it will a huge mistake if Ichigo g
gets as shinigami with new and improved techniques to fight. Remember the first time he wa pierced and Zangetsu stopped his bleeding (ability) but this time a hole was digged at the exact location of Hichigo. When Ichigo beat his hollow i remember him warning Ichigo that if he looses once then it will be over for him as the king.

dgrover
April 14, 2007, 02:58 AM
Did not at some point Ulquiorra say that Ichigo's power could fluctuate above his. So I think it may be possible for Ichigo to win this fight.
However I think it would be cool (therefore has absolutely no chance of happening) if Ichigo was taken over by his inner hollow and after a brief fight with Ulquiorra and realizing how powerful he is, hollow Ichigo asks how to become that strong. So Ulquiorra takes him to Aizen. Aizen then "transforms" him. Ichigo has brief stint as crazy powerful evil guy then Orhime somehow makes him not evil. Then Ichigo can fight with Aizen on more equal grounds.

Lizard
April 14, 2007, 05:03 AM
Personally, I am hoping that Ichigo will faint and Hichigo will take over and go on rampage., fighting at his full power for first time, becouse Ichigo isnt there, trying to stop him. I doubt it will happen, but I want to see Hichigo raging again....

juUnior
April 14, 2007, 05:07 AM
I only predict, that somebody will come to the rescue to Ichigo, probably SHinji, because he was the one on cover page last week. Thats all ;p

Alkador
April 14, 2007, 05:22 AM
Hmmm, I really have no clue as to what's going to happen next...but if you think along the lines of the Soul Society arc, it's slightly similar (just a bit).

Ulquiorra seems to be the kind of character that thinks it worthless killing someone who is incapable of fighting back and probably won't kill Nell. Nell has some healing ability (with his salivia) which will help.

If that fails, everyone seems to falling, so someone's going to have to come in...what about the Vaizard army that know about Ichigo obtaining his Bankai or the Hougyoku?

Or maybe we have to wait to hear the fates of Renji and Ishida. Renji probably has at least one or two tricks up his sleeve after training with Chad, so...

But in this arc, everyone looks like they're majorly screwed...so that's my two cents.

nocor
April 14, 2007, 06:32 AM
I want Ul's ass pwned by the real hollow ichigo

Serpent
April 14, 2007, 07:24 AM
I don't think Ulquiorra will finish off Ichigo, he'll probably say something like "Aizen-sama wants to see you " he brings Ichigo to Aizen where all the others are (rukia renji chad and ishida, all of them beaten up) and they will be confronted with Orihime , then Aizen is gonna say something like " If you want them to live, here and now in front of the friends, you will dedicate your life to serving me" Orihime saves them this way and they all get sent to the real world in shame :) <--- hope things turn out this way

Nafycuk
April 14, 2007, 08:43 AM
2Serpent: Oh it's soooo cruel (((

toyin
April 14, 2007, 12:19 PM
"The end is near" remember? ichigo cannot do anything(hollow or zangetsu crap), all of them will be defeated and rescued back to the real world.

Because if ichigo does any powerup and defeats ulq than he will definately push forward to rescue ino... he has to face aizen and the other's and definately get his ass kicked and there will be no one to save him or (renji and ishida) at that point.... SO IT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gigantor21
April 14, 2007, 12:48 PM
Because if ichigo does any powerup and defeats ulq than he will definately push forward to rescue ino... he has to face aizen and the other's and definately get his ass kicked and there will be no one to save him or (renji and ishida) at that point.... SO IT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. There's no point in having the power-up now if he won't be able to rescue Inoue, since he'll still need another one to take on #1 and Aizen.

ArcReforged
April 14, 2007, 12:57 PM
I agree with Toyin...

If you think about what has been shown to us so far, Ichigo can either A) imrpove his own power through some kind of realisation, or he can B) lose and be rescued.

Given the situation, even if Ichigo's self realization causes him to learn some kind of new technique... Ulq will pwn him. And even if he doesn't... 3 other espada + Aizen. Even Ulq said it... "there is no victory ahead of you."

So the arc is definitely gonna end with their rescue, which is most likely going to be in the form of a rescue squad and some involvement with Orihime. Another possibility which hasn't been suggested is that Orihime gains a new power which she uses to heal/transport her comrades back to the real world... very possible considering she had training prior to HM arc and she has all the right motivation and inspiration for this to happen, not to mention that this would be a great plot twist after the depression of seeing everyone getting pwned hard.

But as for the next chapter... I predict a short scene where Ichigo has some kind of inner struggle (it's bound to happen anyway he's been way too emo for the past... 30 chapters or so) and we get a glimpse of Hollow Ichigo grasping the reins. Meanwhile... Renji finally does something cool other than play with his useless shikai. Ishida meets espada...7 or smth. Probably not GJ as we all know he wants to totally bone Ichigo.

Cut to Orihime, crying. Some monologue about not being able to help her friends. Glimpse at what she might be able to do for them.

End chapter.

99.99% of being completely wrong.

</prediction>

toyin
April 14, 2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah!, Orihime can probably reject the existence of her friends entering hueco mondo (at least her power has developed to that by replaceing GJ un existing hand).

For those who still have hope in this arc sorry, I cling to what i said early no progress in this arc , i just think this arc was to show us how powerful the Espada are and how much the good side(in general) has to develop to match them, not basically a rescue mission because

1)Renji who can't beat up byakuya(correct me if i am wrong)
2)Rukia just recovering with a ice shikia(it is very rare for an ice based power to win)
3)Chad yeah impressive punch at ichigo in the begining but that won't be enough to even do go for an espada...
4)ishida..................... don't have much to say about him cos his tricky but as usually it all about the Quincy pride which will definately go for a fall no matter how hard he tries.
5) Lastly ichigo the main character.. alot to say about him but i will cut it short Ichigo does not know his potential and has no aim of acheiving it with him forced to do so at drastic times, which is not Good. what was he thinking 11secs will do the trick? that was the lamest thing i ever could phantom ( but he always hide behind the main character).

As much as i love to see the good guys power up, the should also discover their potential and know who they can face and they cannot face. Like the arrcanars they run when they see no hope for defeating their oppenents (Gj invasion).

manga_freaky
April 14, 2007, 04:13 PM
Well this is what is going to happen. Now that the hole is in the shinigami Ichigo, there is no way Ichigo or Nell or even Zangetsu is going to fill that in. So the Hollow will come out, Kill Ulq and take his place. And that was "the end is near" meant. It's a possibility that Ichigo comes back later on by Ori's power but will no be immediate. Ichigo has just found new comrades, Arrancar.I also think that Hichigo will later try to conquer everything especially with his attitude (just speculating though).

MNL1989
April 14, 2007, 04:20 PM
I think that we are gonna go back to Renji and the Espada he's fighting (I forgot his name) and we will finally get a conclusion on that one before anything with Ichigo resumes or either we will finally see what happened to Chad (hopefully)

tyraen
April 14, 2007, 04:52 PM
Did not at some point Ulquiorra say that Ichigo's power could fluctuate above his. So I think it may be possible for Ichigo to win this fight.
However I think it would be cool (therefore has absolutely no chance of happening) if Ichigo was taken over by his inner hollow and after a brief fight with Ulquiorra and realizing how powerful he is, hollow Ichigo asks how to become that strong. So Ulquiorra takes him to Aizen. Aizen then "transforms" him. Ichigo has brief stint as crazy powerful evil guy then Orhime somehow makes him not evil. Then Ichigo can fight with Aizen on more equal grounds.

This is an interesting idea just because it would be so different. :) It would really shake up the Bleach formula we're used to, which is what most people have been predicting (and is probably what's going to happen).

Imagine: Vizard+Arrancar=? :)

On a sort of sidenote, I can't remember back when Ichigo was learning about his mask. I thought I remember reading someone's post suggesting he went fully hollow? Or something? I'll have to go look for that chapter again to see what it looked like. If going "full" hollow is something that's going to happen in the future (vs. just the mask like now), I'm not sure I'm going to like that. Ichigo looks cool enough, especially with bankai. I don't think I'd like seeing him as a hollow, I'm imagining it "monstrous" or something. He should look like a vasto lorde or something (which look like humans right? :)) if he ever goes "full" hollow. That way, if Aizen did "transform" him, he could release as an Arrancar for added awesome-ness. And after he's fought that way for a while... bankai.

Hahaha, just keep having these ideas in my head, lame.

ANBU4U
April 14, 2007, 09:08 PM
I don't think Ulquiorra will finish off Ichigo, he'll probably say something like "Aizen-sama wants to see you " he brings Ichigo to Aizen where all the others are (rukia renji chad and ishida, all of them beaten up) and they will be confronted with Orihime , then Aizen is gonna say something like " If you want them to live, here and now in front of the friends, you will dedicate your life to serving me" Orihime saves them this way and they all get sent to the real world in shame :) <--- hope things turn out this way

....I like that.

Its almost worth the inevitable Ichigo-cry-fest that would follow.

Hmmm, I really have no clue as to what's going to happen next...but if you think along the lines of the Soul Society arc, it's slightly similar (just a bit).

Ulquiorra seems to be the kind of character that thinks it worthless killing someone who is incapable of fighting back and probably won't kill Nell. Nell has some healing ability (with his salivia) which will help.

If that fails, everyone seems to falling, so someone's going to have to come in...what about the Vaizard army that know about Ichigo obtaining his Bankai or the Hougyoku?

Or maybe we have to wait to hear the fates of Renji and Ishida. Renji probably has at least one or two tricks up his sleeve after training with Chad, so...

But in this arc, everyone looks like they're majorly screwed...so that's my two cents.

I dont imagine that training was mutually beneficial. It's like training a toddler to fight when ur a black belt. Sure the toddler will improve..but you're really just donating your time, not training too.

Chad was almost one shoted by D-Roy...someone even rukia could one-shot. So why on earth would Bankai Renji learn much of anything training Chad for..what a few weeks?

Codejunky
April 14, 2007, 09:27 PM
I just thought of another possibility. What about if Wonderwice came and tagged along with Ichigo. Wonderwice is a Vastro Lorde most likely, gven the fact that Aizen stated that the Vastro Lordes are not completely mature as of yet. I think Wonderwice could help Ichigo learn how to fight together with Shirosaki. Also Wonderwice doesn't understand the feud between Shinigamis and Hollows. Wonderwice might bond with Ichigo because of him being a "pure" being. Tite wants to have Wonderwice involved more, as does Shinji. Also I think Wonderwice may find Ichigo's purity when he finds Ichigo and Nell unconscious. Nell being an Arrancar and Ichigo being a Shinigami but moving towards becoming a hybrid.

Shinji might come in, but I doubt the other Vizards will. Ulquiorra will probably leave but he blew a huge hole in Las Noches with his Cero.

Ichigo might transform into a hollow. Also you notice how Ulquiorra impaled Ichigo through the chest, exactly where the hole is. Ichigo may go berserker.

I seriously don't think that Tite will switch to another scene so quickly since it's about to get serious.

If Tite did leave it as a cliff hanger than it will probably switch to Renji or Ishida.

If Ichigo turns into a hollow whether now or later, Ichigo needs to learn that he isn't fighting alone. He isn't thinking about fighting together with Zangetsu and Shirosaki. He wanted to go alone to Hueco Mundo, he keeps thinking about fighting alone and doesn't take the chance to understand them. I think that's what will occur. As the Vizards were talking to him, Ichigo is afraid to place his soul into his hollows hands. That's pretty much it. Ichigo needs to learn to fight with both Zangetsu and Shirosaki.

Here's what I think may happen next chapter
1. Wonderwice arrives to find Ichigo and Nell unconcious or Nell taking care of Ichigo. Wonderwice is moved to help Ichigo and help him become closer to a Shinigami/Hollow hybrid.
2. Shinji comes in, given the fact that Tite wants to give him more involvement. The art work last week had him in it. If Shinji arrives he probably went alone. He did save Ichigo and Rukia from Grimmjow before.
3. Switch to Renji/Ishida Battle. Probably not though.
4. Inner World with Shirosaki and/or Zangetsu

arslan
April 14, 2007, 09:43 PM
i vote for the inner world and when ichigo is fully able to synchronize with his hollow we might see a black Bankai with alternating white stripes or something lol. i am not serious about this but it might me cool because it would show ichigo accepting and utillizing his hollow powers equally.

Codejunky
April 14, 2007, 10:11 PM
I think it would be more awesome if it was his hybrid form like we saw in bleach 221 and dual weilding black zangetsu and white zangetsu, connected by a chain.

Banedor
April 14, 2007, 10:36 PM
Nell and Ichigo will fuse via fusion dance and go Super Hollow 4... oh wait getting anime's fixed up. :P

I predict a change of scenary to Ishda and Chad, even maybe Renji with a minor Rukia update

Kaigan
April 14, 2007, 10:43 PM
I think that Nell will save the team maybe she is at the level of a vast lorde.

Lo0natick
April 14, 2007, 10:46 PM
It would be cool if next chapter. Ulquiorra turns and walks away thinking that Ichigo is dead. At that moment Ichigo's inner hollow burst out and took control over him like during Byakuya fight. I'm pretty sure this won't happen, but it'd be pretty cool though.

poopoomaru
April 14, 2007, 10:48 PM
I think it would be more awesome if it was his hybrid form like we saw in bleach 221 and dual weilding black zangetsu and white zangetsu, connected by a chain.

That'd be pretty awesome but I doubt there'd be dual wielding going on. For arrancar releasing their sword gives them their true hollow form layed on top of their own, which is essentially what we saw in 221. It would be pretty cool to see that form again, or at least some version of it. If Aizen were to force Ichigo to join him , he would likely use the Hougyoku on him.

I think it would be really awesome if with all the ass kicking Uliquorra is giving Ichigo, Ichigo's determination gets crushed which gives Hollow Ichigo the chance to wrestle control away from him. Then while Hollow Ichigo is in control Uliquorra see's that his mind and reiatsu have turned into a hollows, offers Hollow ichigo the chance to work for them, at which point Aizen will use the hougyoku on him.

Codejunky
April 14, 2007, 10:59 PM
I think that Hollow Ichigo knows that the most powerful they can be if both him and Ichigo work together. If Hollow Ichigo had more power over Ichigo, wouldn't he become an arracar? When Ichigo transformed he became a Shinigami, but suppressed hollow ransformation. So if the hollow gained more control, then he may become an arrancar. The only way to become stronger is to work together. Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo must work together. Zangetsu has told him before that Ichigo is not alone.

ANBU4U
April 15, 2007, 12:05 AM
That'd be pretty awesome but I doubt there'd be dual wielding going on. For arrancar releasing their sword gives them their true hollow form layed on top of their own, which is essentially what we saw in 221. It would be pretty cool to see that form again, or at least some version of it. If Aizen were to force Ichigo to join him , he would likely use the Hougyoku on him.

I think it would be really awesome if with all the ass kicking Uliquorra is giving Ichigo, Ichigo's determination gets crushed which gives Hollow Ichigo the chance to wrestle control away from him. Then while Hollow Ichigo is in control Uliquorra see's that his mind and reiatsu have turned into a hollows, offers Hollow ichigo the chance to work for them, at which point Aizen will use the hougyoku on him.

But why use the hougyoku on him? His already a hollow/shiningami hybrid. Vizard and Arrancar are practically synonamous, its like asking if the glass is half empty or half full...the only difference between the two is the type of release....and at least as a shiningami first Ichigo can use banki then supliment it with the mask...rather than just having one release. The whole body fusion thing looks alot lamer than his wicked ass black bankai IMO. Most of these Arrancar releases are hideous....actually all of them. Bankai are like...always sweet lookin.

As for the hollow form he showed...that wasnt a preview of his "hollow release" that was just him turning into a freakin hollow. Big whoop.

If Ichigo wants to get stronger he needs to work at his Bankai skills, Viazard Skills, and some freakin kido. Not try and transform himself it so some freakin super-hybrid. He needs to stop lookin for short-cuts and work at it! What happened to him learning to enjoy his fights??? Its not that hes not a good fighter, hes great. But his style is predictable...he's needs to get funky with it, enjoy it, fight just to fight. Like Hichigo or GJ, or Ikkaku. Twirl his sword around you know? Just let loose, Im sure that chains not there for decoration.

Thats what I think Ichigo needs to do. NOT get all hougyokuIZED and transform into some uber-being.

Off Topic: That last episode of Bleach was freaaaakin awesome. Thats why I watch anime, the fight between Ichigo and GJ was freakin fantastic. I swear they upped the production value of that episode just for it...the blood just looked awesome. PLUS the animators did a great job showing just how much GJ was enjoying the fight. That little shadow boxing bit he pulled after knocking Ichigo back to the street, fuckin SWEEET. Almost as sweet as the suddle fake out he pulled on ichigo right after, making him think he was drawing his sword only to kick him in the face. It was alll just aaaamazing. THATS how Ichigo needs to fight...just let loose...

Ok im done gushing.

naru_naru
April 15, 2007, 12:37 AM
i hope they stay with this fight as its got alot of momentum, if kubo decides to switch to a different fight it will lose the atmosphere the ichigo and UL fight has made.

im guessing its gonna be another inner ichigo moment (was wondering do other shinigami has an inner world or only ichigo?) and ichigo is gonna need a big boot of power. as to who it gonna come from is still unknown....hollow ichigo said if ichigo even faltered the slightest he'd be there in an instant to take over. therefore we might see another ichigo v hollow ichigo or the link between zangetsu and the hollow ichigo might be explained.

zangetsu685
April 15, 2007, 12:41 AM
i remember reading on another thread somewhere here on MH that shirosaki has consumed zangetsu and took over right...so now in the next chapter, i think we'll see shirosaki fighting ulqiourra(sp) while ichigo is having an inner world talk with zangetsu, shirosaki let him go cuz shiro knows that zangetsu can teach ichigo something besides the desire to fight.

ANBU4U
April 15, 2007, 01:47 AM
i hope they stay with this fight as its got alot of momentum, if kubo decides to switch to a different fight it will lose the atmosphere the ichigo and UL fight has made.

im guessing its gonna be another inner ichigo moment (was wondering do other shinigami has an inner world or only ichigo?) and ichigo is gonna need a big boot of power. as to who it gonna come from is still unknown....hollow ichigo said if ichigo even faltered the slightest he'd be there in an instant to take over. therefore we might see another ichigo v hollow ichigo or the link between zangetsu and the hollow ichigo might be explained.

What momentum? Its been utterly one-sided.

and its already over, why should Ichigo be any less incapacitated than rukia was when the exact same thing happened to her...he isnt the only Shiningami that can manifest his Zanpakto's spirit...internaly or externaly.

Zangetsu has appreared Three times.

1: After Ichigo sword was broken, and he first had to manifest a new one.
2: When someone had the audacity to stab him with his own Zankakto (honestly...as if someone could be killed by the manifestation of their own soul...)
3: When Ichigo foceably manifested him during his Bankai training.

Zangetsu cant come save him everytime he's wounded. And like others have said...its not like Uli is even trying yet....this isnt a simple "Resolve" issue. He just needs to get stronger. And that wont happen in an instant.

LONG TERM PREDICTIONS

We know Aizen wants to challenge the King of Soul Society/Enter his realm or whatever.....and thats just WAYYYYY too juicy for us not to see, it practically screams NEXT ARC....well after the next arc anyway.

So heres whats gonna happen:

1: Ichigo will get pwned along with all the other idiots who charged an enemy stronghold with NO inside info or help.
2: They'll be rescued somehow, time for a new arc.
3: Everyone will get ready for the war
4: The war will be sweet
5: All the Espada will fall...and either Gin or Tousen will die/convert.
6: Aizen and either Gin or Tousen, will somehow suceed in their scheme anyway and get to the Royal Realm (and also...perhaps a few of the top Espada...)
7: New Arc

leoliox
April 15, 2007, 04:40 AM
I'd like to see Ichigo getting real badass all of a sudden and chopping Ulquilora's arm off or something...
I'm sick of seeing them losing.
It's like watching your little sister fighting Mike Tyson, it's only fun in the beginning...

ArcReforged
April 15, 2007, 07:46 AM
Anyone else notice that Ulq poked Ichigo through the heart?

I don't think he'll stand up again after that...but it seems even more likely now that Chad, Rukia, and Ichigo have been pwned that we'll see Renji and Ishida having their sorry asses whooped. This also makes Orihime's eventual involvement inevitable.

gigantor21
April 15, 2007, 09:06 AM
Anyone else notice that Ulq poked Ichigo through the heart?

I don't think he'll stand up again after that...but it seems even more likely now that Chad, Rukia, and Ichigo have been pwned that we'll see Renji and Ishida having their sorry asses whooped. This also makes Orihime's eventual involvement inevitable.

On page 18, it looks like Ulquiorra stabbed him in the middle of the chest, where the Hollow Hole/Chain Link goes. He's certainly gotten up from that before, and you know how Kubo avoids sure-fire killing blows like heart or brain injury.

I agree about Ishida and Renji, mostly because I don't see why they should win anymore. Even if they did, there are far stronger opponents left who'd kick their asses for sure. I am curious about who Ishida will fight, but beyond that, I just want to get this arc over with.

manufn619
April 15, 2007, 10:26 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Espada-group.jpg

(Top row)
Noitora, old dude, Grimmjow, Aaroniero, Halibel.
5 1 6 9 3
(Bottom row)
Yammy, Stark, Ulquiorra, Zaera-Polo, black dude.
10 2 4 8 7

this is my opinion of the order some of them are the real numbers...

Koen
April 15, 2007, 11:47 AM
okay, it really looks bad for ichigo. He's beaten up a bit and ulquiorra had no problems dealing with ichigo. Here are some possibilities:
- nell will defend ichigo and attack ulquiorra. Though not effective enough he slaps nell unconcious and does a final attack on ichigo and leaving him for death
- nell does the same thing above, but takes both ichigo and nell alive
- zangetsu comes in again, and asks ichigo why he left him etc. etc.
- ichigo somehow will try to go further in vaizard mode, thus leaving the opportunity for his evil alter ego to take control over ichigo
- and unexpected outsider is coming to help ichigo
- or we don't see anything of ichigo, and we'll see renji or ishida...

But Sado, rukia - I have the feeling this will become a total failure and eventually some will get out of hueco mondo, leaving the rest behind

zerokule
April 15, 2007, 12:04 PM
Nell and Ichigo will fuse via fusion dance and go Super Hollow 4... oh wait getting anime's fixed up. :P

Dude that made me laugh out loud, that was awesome.

I've always wondered why Ichigos bankai outfit looks like Aizen and Gin's, it's like they are from the same click. Also Ichigo has yet to own his inner hollow, he has to convince Hichigo that he will be nothing more than the horse, only then will Ichigo be able to draw the full potential of his inner hollow. Also Ichigo is hesitating, he's conflicted about his "role" in the world, he may be fighting, but it seems like he's starting to think that all this fighting is causing his "Nakama" to suffer, that's why he's trying to keep them from knowing the truth. Instead of relying on the strength of his "nakama", he's trying to take it all on his own shoulders, he will crumble under the strain. Ichigo and crew were in over their heads by comming into Hueco Mundo. He needs to regain his kind confidence to ultimately overcome this obstacle.

toyin
April 15, 2007, 01:45 PM
(shocking truth) Halibel might be number 1 espada? who cares the good guys are all screwed and the winter war will end in failure of the good side, only the king might kill Aizen and crew

tyraen
April 15, 2007, 10:14 PM
But why use the hougyoku on him? His already a hollow/shiningami hybrid. Vizard and Arrancar are practically synonamous, its like asking if the glass is half empty or half full...the only difference between the two is the type of release....and at least as a shiningami first Ichigo can use banki then supliment it with the mask...rather than just having one release. The whole body fusion thing looks alot lamer than his wicked ass black bankai IMO. Most of these Arrancar releases are hideous....actually all of them. Bankai are like...always sweet lookin.

I totally agree. I just went back through c221 + c222. I definitely prefer bankai-Ichi to hollow-Ichi.

Pointing that out about Arrancar/Vizard is true. Picture this though, I wish I could draw. :) I have this sweet mental picture of Ichigo doing some sort of Arrancar transformation: pulling down his mask, having power just flashing out of him (so that we can't see the transformation, duh). When the dust settles, Arrancar-Ichi. He'd have a bankai-like get up, except brilliant white in color. Cape too. Also, since all the Arrancar have some crappy bits of mask sticking out of them, I figured this would make him look dumb. What I thought he could have would be a a small piece of mask on either side of his face. In addition to this, he would have some hollow-bone/whatever on his sword arm, by his wrist. Naturally, he'd use this during fights before drawing his zanpakto. That's right, I'm not even to the zanpakto yet. :)

So then he'd pull out zangetsu, and oh yeah, he's not in bankai form yet, so it's still big. The wrist-hollow-bone would encase his hand and partially the zanpakto (he wouldn't lose any mobility because of this though). Zangetsu would be somewhat different too; couldn't decide on what this would look like though.

And uh... bankai. I don't know. But multiply the amount of above awesomeness by at least 10. :)

Thats what I think Ichigo needs to do. NOT get all hougyokuIZED and transform into some uber-being.

But it would still be cool. I agree that Ichigo needs to work on his skills (like Naruto).

Off Topic: That last episode of Bleach was freaaaakin awesome. Thats why I watch anime, the fight between Ichigo and GJ was freakin fantastic. I swear they upped the production value of that episode just for it...the blood just looked awesome. PLUS the animators did a great job showing just how much GJ was enjoying the fight. That little shadow boxing bit he pulled after knocking Ichigo back to the street, fuckin SWEEET. Almost as sweet as the suddle fake out he pulled on ichigo right after, making him think he was drawing his sword only to kick him in the face. It was alll just aaaamazing. THATS how Ichigo needs to fight...just let loose...

Ok im done gushing.

Yes, man. I loved that animation. Know what else in Bleach anime was wicked? Ulquiorra tossing aside Ulhara's zanpakto shot. The Bleach anime's animation is awesome.

On the other hand, Naruto... oh my where did you go wrong? Whatever animation studio they got to start working on the fillers, the ones they seem to have kept to do the Shippuden series... they killed it. They ruined the show for me. I didn't watch most of the fillers, I stopped sometime after they were searching for the bug. But man, what is going on. I can't even imagine a fight like the one between Ichigo and GJ taking place in Naruto. I mean, back when Rock Lee fought Gaara in the Chunin exam, they did a wicked job on that. But now, they take a single frame of the characters and bounce them up and down on a repeating background. The only character drawing that looks good even, is the stuff that is seemingly taken straight from the manga. Whenever they handdraw new material, it's terrible.

I really hate to be that mean. But I'm sad.

Sorry this was long.

Fortisdiablos
April 15, 2007, 10:31 PM
I think everyone will get there asses kicked and enter a near-death state (nothing new, right?), but...seeing as how Orihime can sense each time someone almost dies, an advancement in her powers will be born from the strong urge to save her friends. Who knows what it'll be, but it'll somehow get them out of Hueco Mundo (perhaps undoing their journey completely, but then certain espada would be still alive...and what about Nell and the gang). Regardless, this will be a one shot thing; a look into her Godlike potential. She won't consciously do it, so she won't be able to repeat it. That would be the end of this arc and then we get more training, a revelation here and there, and bada-bing bada-boom, we get the winter war.

mugen
April 15, 2007, 10:42 PM
um....Ichigo gets taken prisoner....
and someone comes rescue him and the others........

Codejunky
April 15, 2007, 11:34 PM
My picture of Ichigo is this. Ichigo has a scale between Shinigami and Hollow Power

Ichigo scale.

Shinigami
+Shikai (Zangetsu)
+Bankai (Tensa Zangetsu)

Vizard
+Shikai & Hollow Mask
+Bankai & Hollow Mask

Hybrid (Shinigami/Hollow, Vizard/Arrancar)
+Bankai (Tensa Zangetsu), Shinigami/Hollow Hybrid Body
+Dual Weilding Bankai (Black Zangetsu and White Zangetsu, connected by chain), Hybrid Body
+Dual Bankai, Hybrid Body, Arrancar Release

Arrancar (Appearance is Shirosaki)
+Arrancar Release, Monstrous body

Hollow
+????

What I would like to see is a hybrid. Ichigo Dual weilding a Black Zangetsu and White Zangetsu in Bankai. Super powerful body like he had with the Vizards and an Arrancar release. That would be so fucking awesome. And for a finishing move...

Ichigo releases a white Getsuga tenshou, a black Getsuga tenshou, and a red Cero. Shit flies everywhere and destroys Hueco Mundo, Earth, and Soul Society in one move.

Silhouette
April 16, 2007, 12:36 AM
Ichigo has a scale between
Ichigo releases a white Getsuga tenshou, a black Getsuga tenshou, and a red Cero. Shit flies everywhere and destroys Hueco Mundo, Earth, and Soul Society in one move.

hahahahahaha this is so freakin' funny

stifflersthedog
April 16, 2007, 02:31 AM
Rukia dies, and ichigo goes to the dark side, and then gets killed by his yet unborn son ( still my fav theory)

Seriously though if Rukia can be impaled by a trident, Ichigo's fist through his stomach tis nothing, he's gonna go full vizard and catch Ulq by surprise . Dont think he'll go full hollow form, thats like his spoiler final power in its raw form me thinks.

manufn619
April 16, 2007, 06:28 AM
Codejunky i like your prediction its cool

Tomodachi69
April 16, 2007, 06:39 AM
I hope that we're not going to just leave Ichigo there. But at the same time, I don't really want him to *predictably* get up and use a BETTER technique (better synch w/ mask? more hollowish? 'better' bankai skill?) on Ulquiorra. So, iono.

Now, I'm kinda interested in Renji's fight again, btw XD
I kinda wanna see Zael-Apollo's release. If Renji can push him to, which, he just might be able to. It's Shounen, after all >>

platypus
April 16, 2007, 11:02 AM
I could see them waiting until 273 to do Dark Side of Universe 4, and 272 being Renji fighting.

There's signs in Renji's fight that he might win. Afterall, why have him drag on THIS long. Why not end it if he was just going to lose. Why have him finally get an edge against Zael once Rukia dies.

I half think Renji's gonna be the one that pulls all their butts out of this. I mean, can you imagine his growth? In about 2 months time he went from barely defeating his Numeros opponent using bankai, to being able to hold his own against an ESPADA using only SHIKAI. Sure, it's not a combat heavy espada, but it's an espada none the less.

This far into his fight with Ill Forte, he was in about the same shape, but he had bankai to use for defense. Furthermore, he's actually done more damage to Zael than his brother at this point. Of course, the limit is a factor, but, to a degree, that helps point out the obvious growth. Basically, Renji was using the form of bankai with the power of shikai against Il Forte.

So here, he's doing more damage to a stronger opponent, with shikai. So he's got more power, definately.

I really think this chapter will be a little bit of Ichigo, a lot of renji. Perhaps Zael's release.

Chill0
April 16, 2007, 05:39 PM
they problem i have with ichigo getting pwnd here is that he did not improve in this arc yet. while others did get a powerboost, we saw rukia do badass kido. and renji is still fighting. although i dont think ichigo will win, i think we have seen him getting beaten up to many times.

i actually reread a few chapters and when he was in training with the vizards and what one of the them says got me thinking "he doesnt call his hollow, what trash has entered our ranks"
and also ogichi says he IS zangetzu and well ichigo doesnt aknowledge him atm. so hes fighting alone, Zaraki style... he tries to do everything on his own, while he has to see his hollow as his ally and with that unlocking his potential. so i hope to see this happen in his innerworld next chapter ^^. Ichigo was way stronger in soulsociety, trouly one with his sword.

gab00n
April 16, 2007, 06:19 PM
I would like to see Ichigo slip into his inner world without the Hollow taking over at the same time. Once he and his Hollow kiss and make up then they can rise together and defeat Ulquiorra. I just hope Ichigo is mentally strong enough to realize that he currently can't save Inoue, he will have to retreat and then return once he is more capable.

HikaruYami
April 16, 2007, 09:51 PM
Wai-wai-wait. When Ichigo learned Getsuga Tenshou, since he had already done it a few times without knowing the name, didn't Zangetsu-sama say something just like "Since you've done it before, that's the only attack I can teach you the name of." or something like that? I know he didn't say it exactly like that, but I'm pretty sure it was something that means the exact same thing.

I don't mean to sound DBZ-ish, but I honestly think this is the time for Ichigo to learn something new! He needs a new attack, not just a new power up!

*now, a joke prediction from SarcasticBastard!* zomg Zangetsu comes out since Ichigo came to terms, and stuff, with the control he has over the hollowish version of himself, so he teaches Ichigo, like, the SPIRIT BOMB and so Ichigo starts trying to take the energy from all the good people of earth, then Zangetsu is like "rofl zomg nub u watch 2 much animez!" and teaches Ichigo that he just has to make spirit particles collect around his bankai sword and hit something with it to make it EXPLODE! Then all of hueco mundo dies including ichigo but Aizen lives because he was taking a vacation in yet a FOURTH DIMENSION that we haven't heard of yet, and the new main character Kon-san has to travel there in Orihime's body which was teleported to earth after Orihime died just so Kon can finally get his little mod soul pill-thing destroyed by Aizen, then Aizen's like "Damn... I forgot where I put the transportation back to Hueco Mundo... hmm... that emo kid from Naruto gained a lot of popularity recently... I think I'll be emo now, for ratings!" and commits Seppuku!

ANBU4U
April 16, 2007, 10:31 PM
Wai-wai-wait. When Ichigo learned Getsuga Tenshou, since he had already done it a few times without knowing the name, didn't Zangetsu-sama say something just like "Since you've done it before, that's the only attack I can teach you the name of." or something like that? I know he didn't say it exactly like that, but I'm pretty sure it was something that means the exact same thing.

I don't mean to sound DBZ-ish, but I honestly think this is the time for Ichigo to learn something new! He needs a new attack, not just a new power up!

*now, a joke prediction from SarcasticBastard!* zomg Zangetsu comes out since Ichigo came to terms, and stuff, with the control he has over the hollowish version of himself, so he teaches Ichigo, like, the SPIRIT BOMB and so Ichigo starts trying to take the energy from all the good people of earth, then Zangetsu is like "rofl zomg nub u watch 2 much animez!" and teaches Ichigo that he just has to make spirit particles collect around his bankai sword and hit something with it to make it EXPLODE! Then all of hueco mundo dies including ichigo but Aizen lives because he was taking a vacation in yet a FOURTH DIMENSION that we haven't heard of yet, and the new main character Kon-san has to travel there in Orihime's body which was teleported to earth after Orihime died just so Kon can finally get his little mod soul pill-thing destroyed by Aizen, then Aizen's like "Damn... I forgot where I put the transportation back to Hueco Mundo... hmm... that emo kid from Naruto gained a lot of popularity recently... I think I'll be emo now, for ratings!" and commits Seppuku!

Not at all.

He says "Youve finaly learned to fire it of your own will...so I will tell you the name. Listen closely for knowing the name makes a difference in the power unleashed...its is called..."

Finished by Ichigo

"Getsuga Tenshou!"

Silhouette
April 16, 2007, 10:41 PM

Well, in the anime, Zangetsu told Ichigo that knowing the name and not knowing it is what makes the difference in the attack....didn't say any thing about Ichigo using it before...I am not sure how it was explained in the manga though.

Gamabounta
April 17, 2007, 12:13 AM
Well, in the anime, Zangetsu told Ichigo that knowing the name and not knowing it is what makes the difference in the attack....didn't say any thing about Ichigo using it before...I am not sure how it was explained in the manga though.

Yep. Zangetsu simply said something like that. In other words "knowing the name of an attack increase dramaticely its power".

I can't wait for Renji to end his fight or that Ishida is stopped to. I want B&W4 with Zangetsu AND Shirosaki.

poopoomaru
April 17, 2007, 04:53 AM
I think it works in the same sense that knowing your Zanpakuto's name allows you to use Shikai.

There isnt a whole lot of potential to be seen in Renji's fight considering its lack of a bankai. What will probably happen if he actually is supposed to beat Zaeru-apollo grantz is most likely gonna be Zaeru-apollo will rip apart his shikai, and then subdue Renji, and then as Zaeru apollo is off guard Renji will bring together all the links of Zabimaru and tear into Zaeru-apollo.

Gamabounta
April 17, 2007, 05:16 AM
I think it works in the same sense that knowing your Zanpakuto's name allows you to use Shikai.

Nope. Ichigo used Getsuga Tenshou 2 times without knowing the name of the attack.
The first time against the Menos Grande (when fighting against/with Ishida).
The second time when training with Urahara, before going to SS. He told "please protect yourself Urahara-san, I don't think I'll be able to control my power".

So Kubo states one could use an attack without knowing its name, but it'll be incredibly stronger if he knows the name.

Codejunky
April 17, 2007, 07:29 AM
Also a third time against Renji

Silhouette
April 17, 2007, 07:49 AM
Oh I didn't realize it was GT!! This explains Zangetsu's talk about names and such...it would be awesome if black GT had a different name and Ichigo learned it...then he can still have a fighting chance..I mean imagine Zangetsu appearing before Ichigo and teaching him the name of the black GT...I bet he won't even need to go vizard to wound Ulquiorra badly.

GPZrag
April 17, 2007, 08:29 AM
Oh I didn't realize it was GT!! This explains Zangetsu's talk about names and such...it would be awesome if black GT had a different name and Ichigo learned it...then he can still have a fighting chance..I mean imagine Zangetsu appearing before Ichigo and teaching him the name of the black GT...I bet he won't even need to go vizard to wound Ulquiorra badly.

He will need to ask that to Hollow Ichigo cause he is the one that uses that technique for the first time when he fought Byakuya back to the SS arc... uhhmmm the name was like getsuga "....something..." don't remember right now :darn

dreamzsai
April 17, 2007, 09:47 AM
He will need to ask that to Hollow Ichigo cause he is the one that uses that technique for the first time when he fought Byakuya back to the SS arc... uhhmmm the name was like getsuga "....something..." don't remember right now

If there is another name for the Black Getsuga Tenshou then it hasnt been revealed in the manga...Byakuya only mentioned that the the GTs are black...(Kuroi Getsuga)...

Dark soul within
April 17, 2007, 01:31 PM
I think Ichigo will be transported into his inner world place where he converses with Zangetsu etc....Zangetsu might actually be the one to tell Ichigo the true name of "Kuroi Getsuga" rather than his inner hollow.

I think we'll probably see Ishida in the next chapter cos he's not been seen in a while

ANBU4U
April 17, 2007, 01:47 PM
I think Ichigo will be transported into his inner world place where he converses with Zangetsu etc....Zangetsu might actually be the one to tell Ichigo the true name of "Kuroi Getsuga" rather than his inner hollow.

I think we'll probably see Ishida in the next chapter cos he's not been seen in a while

Its probably Just Getsuga Tenshou. If ichigo wasnt sure of the name then why say it?

drakend
April 17, 2007, 02:50 PM
Ichigo has to know the name of the hollow in order to tame it seriously.
Another thing: in his inner world we saw a White Zangetsu, so it can be that he lacks the other white sword. A pair of swords would be cool!

ANBU4U
April 17, 2007, 03:37 PM
Ichigo has to know the name of the hollow in order to tame it seriously.
Another thing: in his inner world we saw a White Zangetsu, so it can be that he lacks the other white sword. A pair of swords would be cool!

I doubt that was literal. It was just another allusion to Ichigo's inner hollow being the exact opposite of his normal self. Like his name being spelled Ogichi. The Inverse colors were a visual representation of the duality of his soul. I'd be shocked if it actually manifested into a seperate sword.

That said..yes it'd be cool.

Lord Rae
April 17, 2007, 03:53 PM
Its possible it was hinted at... remember how much of a fuss old man Yammamato made about the two captains having the only pair of swords to be well... pairs.

It could be (since we didn't see anything of that fight) that having a second sword is a massive power boost over a regular captain class shinigami.

Of course thats just pure conjecture.

sheepoo
April 17, 2007, 03:55 PM
A possibility is that Ichigo's dad would come to save his son. Given his dad knows Urahara a while ago, that's a possibility.

ZomzLeviathan
April 17, 2007, 04:12 PM
Urahara's mentioning that it was time for him to take action at the beginning of the arc leads me to believe he knew Ichigo & co would lose, he knew they could not defeat the Espada and so his work was to prepare a rescue at the last moment.

I'd be truely miffed if Ichigo gets up and wins. It would be boring and I'd stop reading. Period.

sabyr
April 17, 2007, 06:05 PM
Urahara's mentioning that it was time for him to take action at the beginning of the arc leads me to believe he knew Ichigo & co would lose, he knew they could not defeat the Espada and so his work was to prepare a rescue at the last moment.

I'd be truely miffed if Ichigo gets up and wins. It would be boring and I'd stop reading. Period.

lol, we all know your just saying that. ^^

gab00n
April 17, 2007, 06:15 PM

What do you have against Ichigo? If he wins for some reason I still think he will leave as he knows he is not strong enough to beat the top 3 Espada. For all we know Ulquiorra could still just be an Adjuchas. In the next episode of the animation Aizen will say "Once we ready the Vasto Lorde's and are able to complete the Espada then no enemy can stand in our way."

So if Ulquiorra is not a Vasto Lorde then Ichigo beating him is not such a power up and it shouldn't upset you at all. If there are no Vasto Lordes in the Espada yet and Ichigo finds this out then he'll be gone faster than a fat man can eat a twinkie.

rai-chu
April 17, 2007, 06:18 PM
I do hope to see Renji's battle against the 8th espada or Uryuu encountering one of the espadas.

If not possible to maybe a rescue mission for Ichigo's group. But I don't know who's group will rescue them.

If not Ichigo will realize something.... If not i can't think of any more predictions.

Tomodachi69
April 17, 2007, 06:31 PM
I really don't know what I want to happen regarding Ichigo. If he gets up and pulls a new technique out of his ass after having an internal chat, it'll seem too Ichigo/Zaraki. It would also cheapen the whole Ichigo/Grimmjow fight we're all anticipating. If Ichigo manages to injure Ulquiorra or force him to release, that would probably put Ichigo above Grimmjow and make their encounter pretty pointless.

On the other hand, if he doesn't get up, well, what the hell's gonna happen? 3 dead soldiers, so to speak, just lying around Hueco Mundo and the other two with not-good chances. If this ends up being the case, hopefully someone will bail them out. Or maybe Aizen will just send them back to Karakura.

ANBU4U
April 17, 2007, 10:44 PM
I really don't know what I want to happen regarding Ichigo. If he gets up and pulls a new technique out of his ass after having an internal chat, it'll seem too Ichigo/Zaraki. It would also cheapen the whole Ichigo/Grimmjow fight we're all anticipating. If Ichigo manages to injure Ulquiorra or force him to release, that would probably put Ichigo above Grimmjow and make their encounter pretty pointless.

On the other hand, if he doesn't get up, well, what the hell's gonna happen? 3 dead soldiers, so to speak, just lying around Hueco Mundo and the other two with not-good chances. If this ends up being the case, hopefully someone will bail them out. Or maybe Aizen will just send them back to Karakura.

Someone will bail them out. Im 90% positive at this point, I'm just not sure who.

Renji can win, he'll go out trying to get to Rukia, and the 8th Espada will die. But Renji will be hurt too and left for dead.

Ishida will kill yammy, then hit a brick wall called Notoria. Or more likely just be taken out by Notoria.

Then everyone will be simultaneously saved by either:

1: Inoue
2: The Viazard
3: The K-town posse
4: SS

I cant honestly say which I think it will be. The end result of this arc will be the deaths of the lower Espada, 8-10. And a deepened understanding of just how strong the top espada are.

Then Aizen will add in his new and improved VL Espada, and we'll find out this was his plan all along. He could have wiped out the invaders any time he pleased, but he needed to get rid of the dead weight Espada anyway to make room for his newest editions and decided to take the opportunity to test the strength of his opponents. Oh, and we'll find out that he did intend on killing everyone..but genuinly didnt anticipate the rescue.

Then comes the the training

Followed by the Winter War which we all know is going to happen.

The next time we see the Espada it will be a familiar face like...O GJ's but we'll see that his number is now 9 or something. And everyone will be like "?!?!?" the new guys must rock.

This is a loose estimate of course....but I'm like 60% sure it'll go in this general direction.

drakend
April 18, 2007, 02:39 AM
I doubt that was literal. It was just another allusion to Ichigo's inner hollow being the exact opposite of his normal self. Like his name being spelled Ogichi. The Inverse colors were a visual representation of the duality of his soul. I'd be shocked if it actually manifested into a seperate sword.

That said..yes it'd be cool.
Shirosaki says he's Zangetsu as well, so he's a sword too, after all. If you remember when Ichigo fought Shirosaki they had different swords:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6889/whitezangetsu1cy0.th.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whitezangetsu1cy0.jpg)
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6157/whitezangetsu2og8.th.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whitezangetsu2og8.jpg)

There are two possible interpretations for these two swords:
1) they are the same, with the only difference of which personality is in control (shinigami or hollow).
2) they are the same, but meaning that they are two parts of the same weapon. This would mean that the Zangetsu we know is an incomplete weapon because it's shown us only one half, while the other has yet to be revealed. Ichigo fighting with two swords would be nice, even because this would give him total control over his hollow abilities (cero and regenerating skills for first).

ZomzLeviathan
April 18, 2007, 05:26 AM
What do you have against Ichigo? If he wins for some reason I still think he will leave as he knows he is not strong enough to beat the top 3 Espada. For all we know Ulquiorra could still just be an Adjuchas. In the next episode of the animation Aizen will say "Once we ready the Vasto Lorde's and are able to complete the Espada then no enemy can stand in our way."

So if Ulquiorra is not a Vasto Lorde then Ichigo beating him is not such a power up and it shouldn't upset you at all. If there are no Vasto Lordes in the Espada yet and Ichigo finds this out then he'll be gone faster than a fat man can eat a twinkie.

I think I'd be more pissed if Ulquiorra wasn't a Vasto Lorde, because then we'd have an entire arc to show the power of the Vasto Lorde and it'd just go DBZ style.

I like Ichigo's progression, but I didn't want him to get up next chapter because it'd just be bad story telling, having the same thing over and over again (oh noez I've died HOLLOW SELF SAVE ME). As a character he's got to learn to do things for himself, like Naruto has in his manga.

ttxdragon
April 18, 2007, 09:27 AM
to be honest, i believe that all the "2 zangetsu"-wielding stuff is VERY unlikely to happen,
even if just for the fact that zangetsu is far too long to be a dual-wielded sword. At least i wouldn't want to wield a pair of two long katana...
the swords would need to go back to wakizashi length if ichigo were to wield a classic dual blade...
I'd rather hope for the sword to dissappear and him fighting barehanded with his karate... would be awesome :nuts

sorry for being a bit offtopic...

Hiruma Youichi
April 18, 2007, 03:40 PM
errrm just to let you know i dont know if anyone has suggested this but in the new Bleach opening it shows Hitsygaya, Ikkaku, Yumichika and someone else guessing its Rangiku well anyway it shows them in Hueco Mundo i dont know if that means there the back up but im just suggesting this. :D

Fortisdiablos
April 18, 2007, 04:32 PM
errrm just to let you know i dont know if anyone has suggested this but in the new Bleach opening it shows Hitsygaya, Ikkaku, Yumichika and someone else guessing its Rangiku well anyway it shows them in Hueco Mundo i dont know if that means there the back up but im just suggesting this. :D

Yea...I looked back at it. With all the crap they've showed in the opening (hollow mask, Chado's new arm (at least the left one), and all of the Espada), I wouldn't be surprised. Though...what's the point? They wouldn't be of much help, save Hitsugaya, but even then, Ichigo is definitely stronger than him.

Meh...

toyin
April 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
Probably those won't be featured in the manga partaining to this arc, they still have a part to play in the figth against Luppi,wonderwise,yami where hitsugaya did some kool move.

but funny enough they did not show the vaizads in the opening how strange... Chad and rukia have being captured probably and Renji/ishida defeats Zaero pollo( they have Donda and Pissie to back up) ichigo goes inner world but Ulq will have left in Pride and also sensing Gj at inoue's room.
Nell will try and heal ichigo will he is in trans.... Noitora and habiel(wrong spelling) defeats Renji and ishida and are captured.. Shinji stops ichigo from going to save them and is forced to his senses that he can't beat all the espada by himself and return back to the real world. End of arc

ANBU4U
April 18, 2007, 06:22 PM
Shirosaki says he's Zangetsu as well, so he's a sword too, after all. If you remember when Ichigo fought Shirosaki they had different swords:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6889/whitezangetsu1cy0.th.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whitezangetsu1cy0.jpg)
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6157/whitezangetsu2og8.th.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whitezangetsu2og8.jpg)

There are two possible interpretations for these two swords:
1) they are the same, with the only difference of which personality is in control (shinigami or hollow).
2) they are the same, but meaning that they are two parts of the same weapon. This would mean that the Zangetsu we know is an incomplete weapon because it's shown us only one half, while the other has yet to be revealed. Ichigo fighting with two swords would be nice, even because this would give him total control over his hollow abilities (cero and regenerating skills for first).

Ogichi and Zangetsu are the same entity. Manifestations of Ichigo's soul...his fighting spirit....just the dark and light side of that will so to speak. Im telling you that other sword is just an inner representation of ichigo fighting himself. The whole scheme is inverse. Opposite, Yin and Yang. Two as one, a duality. Ichigo would'nt reconcile his soul by essentialy splitting it in two to make another zanpakto, if anything its shape may change singnifying unity. But he wont get another sword.

Or rather, I find it very unlikely that he will.

toyin
April 18, 2007, 06:34 PM
The sword have to be united to gain full power( if you notice when he fast got the bankai he was super fast and agile, but after the vaizad training it weakened because i see no reason why ichigo had to go all out on GJ when he blasted him with Getsuya tenshou and it had a little effect at list a permeant scare.) It may not be sword changing but improvement like in ss arc Vs byakuya

Endrance
April 18, 2007, 06:55 PM
I really can't see the end for this arc. Like I said in another thread, Grimmjow taking Inoue hostage for leverage against Ichigo or even Ulquiorra would be fun to see, we all know he's a rebel. As for the others... I'm guessing the arc will end in capture or failure, two of our guys are heavilly wounded or dead, the other two are fighting and one's going through a mid-life crisis. Although, the group might be rounded back up again inside the Hueco Mundo prisons, which opens up a lot more possibilities for Ichigo and co.
As for Ichigo's ability-boost, maybe he won't get it this soon? Zangetsu always opens with the "Ichigo, you've been a bitch to me lately and not returned my calls." speech, so maybe he'll leave it at that, with Ichigo to figure out the rest on his own.

Nafycuk
April 20, 2007, 08:00 AM
No one who still has faith in Soul Society?

1nfamous
April 20, 2007, 09:22 AM
wow... so it be pretty messd up if rukia died but thats not going to happen. ichigo might release his inner ability if nell gets hurt mayb

riekie
April 20, 2007, 09:42 AM
No one who still has faith in Soul Society?

Let me think...NO!:p

I wonder what will happen to Ichigo, because right now he is down for the count and Nell is in no position to heal him right now (which I don't want to happen) because she is out cold.

I don't think Shirosaki will start a rampage simply because Ichigo stood up too many times after being seriously wounded and it would be just too dull to repeat that shit again.

NO SPOILERS outside of the spoilerthread, please.

toyin
April 20, 2007, 03:03 PM
ichigo eyes were opening in surpise not in defeat, surprise about the darkness around him he is going into his inner world and remember ichigo has never enter his inner world with is Bankai before, and we can see his bankia been changed to shikai back.

coungpow
April 20, 2007, 03:55 PM
so can someone define Volupture for me b/c i have no idea and I'm not finding it anywhere...

ichigo eyes were opening in surpise not in defeat, surprise about the darkness around him he is going into his inner world and remember ichigo has never enter his inner world with is Bankai before, and we can see his bankia been changed to shikai back.

You also need to remember that your bankai releasing w/out the owner telling it too is a sign that you're close to death. But I have a hard time believing that Kubo is gonna kill off chad rukia and ichigo...

dedal_x
April 20, 2007, 03:59 PM
Was too lazy to read all of previous pages, so I'm just going to write my assumption, without waiting for someone to take it seriously.

Grimmjow's appearance has nothing to do with Inoue. It's just thet he came to discipline his "Fracción" - Lolly and Menolly. Think of it - Lolly's character is 100% Grimm, and Menolly is obviously desperately copying his looks. These two twisted women have high chances of being his Fracción. And so he came to beat shit out of them for playing around, instead of helping him to find Ichigo(or because he's angry Ichigo's beat without him, and wants to pour out the anger on the Arrancar, whose death won't bring any penalties on him).

exkon
April 20, 2007, 04:14 PM
Remember when Uliq and Ichigo first met? That his power was fluctuating between weaker and higher than Uliq? I bet Ichigo is going to lose himself...But another week another story.

yemsta
April 20, 2007, 04:25 PM
Remember when Uliq and Ichigo first met? That his power was fluctuating between weaker and higher than Uliq? I bet Ichigo is going to lose himself...But another week another story.

Yeah I remembered this Ichigo is going to do something VERY SPECIAL maybe a new technique but something crazy is definately going to happed. Kind of like when we thought Byakuya Kuchiki had done his worst after increasing the speed of his bankai then unveiled his final attack. This is going to be good kishi better up his game to keep up with bleach at the moment

toyin
April 20, 2007, 05:05 PM
Fracción Fracción Fracción, why on earth will does to be Gj own and why just does two for him? Aizen probably sent him or he was just passing by and heard the noise. By the way dual cero for does bitches hurting *sweet*lovely*inhoime* they deserved to be rejected from existing.
Back to the topic

Bankai fading away without owner telling it to is a sign of death (Byakuya and renji's fight) so ichigo is a dieing state and inner hollow will kept on riding to death will he? don't think so.ichigo will go to a more dark inner world and will meet Zangestu and hollow ichigo and...... we know the rest of the story, while in there Nell will try and heal ichigo which will be interupted by his fass rengeneration by hollow side.
Ishida will tell rengi tosave rukia since he can't go bankai.

ForteAnly
April 20, 2007, 07:01 PM
Poor Ichigo he's been getting his ass kicked in almost in every battle he encounters.

theshizzle
April 20, 2007, 08:59 PM
Poor Ichigo he's been getting his ass kicked in almost in every battle he encounters.

Yes and He is only 15.

ANBU4U
April 20, 2007, 09:10 PM
Yes and He is only 15.

Ive always hated when manga do that. If they want a main characters thats 15...make him look 15, not 25.

Otherwise just make him the appropriate tage and then you wont have to write in the pretext of school...which is never attended anyway. Or if you have to have school in their make it college. thats good for 20-22, which is how old these guys look.

ninetailfox84
April 20, 2007, 09:16 PM
wow, a great chapter with great pace. I wonder what is grimmjaw up to? Save ichigo so that he can kill him later? Because he have grudge against ichigo. But its great to wonder what might happen in the next chapter, actually thats make this manga so interesting! :p

honeybunch
April 20, 2007, 09:18 PM
So, Ichigo gets totally beaten and then his supposedly evil-arch enemy walks away and allows him time to recover?

Bleach really suffers from incredibly stupid enemies. When your opponent is down, that's when you kill them. You don't walk away and let them recover so they can come back and beat you. Any story that has this type of incredibly stupid villain really annoys me. I'll keep reading Bleach, but this type of thing really pisses me off.

Silhouette
April 20, 2007, 09:36 PM
Looks like the top espadas lose interest when their opponent is mortally wounded, both Noitora and Ulquiorra left the final blow to lower arrancars once their enemy couldn't fight any longer (I know it seemed like Ulquiorra gave Ichigo a chance to run for his life but who is he kidding, the place is full of arrancars plus Yammi and GJ and all of them would love to kill Ichigo...I think Ulquiorra was just rubbing it in Ichigo's face...what he said to Ichigo sounded more like "run like a bitch after you were beaten").

The darkness surrounding Ichigo...please let it be Zangetsu...I miss the old man.

When Ulquiorra told Orihime that her comdrades were going to die she slapped him, when she saw rukia's "death", she kept hitting the wall to get out but after Ichigo's defeat, her will was completely broken..and I mean completely...I think the reason she didn't fight back when Lolly gave her a beating is because she became suicidal...just look in her eyes and you can see she wishes nothing but death...I never stopped feelijng sorry for Orihime from day one, her life is a series of miseries.

I heard many thoughts on why GJ showed up but I doubt he went there to save Orihime and betray Aizen, I think he went their just to save her from Lolly and Menoly which is understandable because Orihime is the one who restored his arm and number after all. The fact that GJ broke the door on his way in means that he's MAD..reeeeaallllly pissed off to see Orihime - his hero in a way- getting a beating without an order from higher ranks in HM.

ForteAnly
April 20, 2007, 09:38 PM
So, Ichigo gets totally beaten and then his supposedly evil-arch enemy walks away and allows him time to recover?

Bleach really suffers from incredibly stupid enemies. When your opponent is down, that's when you kill them. You don't walk away and let them recover so they can come back and beat you. Any story that has this type of incredibly stupid villain really annoys me. I'll keep reading Bleach, but this type of thing really pisses me off.

Ulquiorra didn't find Ichigo worthy besides Ulquiorra left Ichigo for dead assuming that Ichigo would just die on his own accord. Similar to what Kuchiki Taicho did when he first beat up Ichigo and left him for dead in Karakura. You can't just say that Ulquiorra is stupid because he didn't kill Ichigo off. If Ichigo would have met Ulquiorra's expectations then of course he would have killed him.

honeybunch
April 20, 2007, 10:46 PM
Ulquiorra didn't find Ichigo worthy besides Ulquiorra left Ichigo for dead assuming that Ichigo would just die on his own accord. Similar to what Kuchiki Taicho did when he first beat up Ichigo and left him for dead in Karakura. You can't just say that Ulquiorra is stupid because he didn't kill Ichigo off. If Ichigo would have met Ulquiorra's expectations then of course he would have killed him.

Bullcrap.

When you're fighting an enemy, you don't kill them just because you "don't find them worthy." They're your enemy. If you don't kill them, they'll come back to try to kill you. I understand that this type of situation occurs fairly often in manga, as well as in other types of media, but I never like it. Essentially, it's the author taking an easy way out. They want the hero to lose sometimes, but if the hero gets killed it's all over. Ichigo, like many other heroes, isn't the kind of character you can have run away. So they have the hero lose, but the villain spares his life, giving little or no reason for doing so.

Kuchiki, on the other hand, had other motives. He didn't really acknowledge (even to himself) them until after the whole Soul Society arc was pretty much over, but he had them nonetheless, and I'm sure they played a role in his decision not to kill off Ichigo.

Moreover, the Gotei Thirteen is a different type of organization than Aizen's army. Aizen's army is just that, an army, created to defeat enemies and seize power. The Gotei Thirteen, on the other hand, is pretty much the enforcment arm of the Soul Society. The Soul police, if you will. And, like the police, thier job is to maintain order. They might kill someone if it was nessesary, but they would probably opt to spare their opponent if they could subdue them without killing them.

Anyway, this isn't the first shounen manga cliche Bleach has fallen victim to. I still enjoy it because it's done well enough to overcome the cliches, but I wish it didn't have to overcome them in the first place.

ANBU4U
April 20, 2007, 11:56 PM

Yes we can.

Obviously he at least suspects its possible for him to get up and escape. Uli's noramaly way too prudent a guy to let Ichigo live regardless, Ichigos proven himself to be a threat...if minor. And clearly Uli suspects that he will continue to improve...Hell, he actually thought hed be better than he was after such a short period of time. Theres no good reason why he shouldnt finish him off like he said he would...if only to cover his bases. Had any other person shown similar strength he would have...but u know Ichigos the hero so...lapse in otherwise prestine judgement for Uli. JG would have killed him.

EDIT

Unless GJ actually fought and beat him...then plot magic would appear and GJ would leave him alive for a better fight later or some such nonsense.

ttxdragon
April 21, 2007, 03:23 AM
Guys, we don't want this to escalate into a manga/char-bashing thread...

For the chapter,
it really is as good as i wished it would be from the spoilers.

I can somewhat see Ulquiorra leaving Ichigo alive for ulterior motives. He seems to see potential in Ichigo to get enough power to do some "dirty work" for him, even if Ichigo doesn't know he would do Ulquiorra a favor.
I believe that, because of a simple fact: Ulquiorra knows the possible growth of Ichigo, yet didn't report that to aizen after their first encounter.
I now could suspect Gin to be playing together with Ulquiorra, just because he manipulates the hallways and Ulquiorra maybe asked him to bring Ichigo to him... but that would be farfetched. Whether Tousen has anything to do with it (seein how he effectively saved Ichigo, when Aizen didn't seem as if he would've minded), I don't know, but it's a higher possibility than Gin, i guess.
Anyway, I believe that Ulquiorra does have some ulterior motives, that likely involve rebelling against Aizen.
Ulquiorra seems levelheaded, calculating and knows his own strength pretty well. He could be the only espada to know what disaster even for them it would be if Aizen really got to the king, thus he tries to stop Aizen.
When I follow that line of thoughts, it would make sense why Ulquiorra did go against Aizens order to not go and just wait at their posts.

Besides, every near-death recovery in bleach has at least some use and sense. (besides the chad/noitora fight >.> i couldn't find sense in that one)

and now for ishida coming in to save renji - It's a nice way to bring Ishida back into the story, what intrigued me the most was where he got that big wound on his head from, we got some flashback or ishida talking about it somewhere in the near future.

And, like Silhoutte, I really felt sorry for Orihime... She does look totally broken.
And I can't help but think that the beatings aren't the first time it happened.... just seeing her face when she saw those two come in makes me shudder.

Konkun
April 21, 2007, 05:04 AM
Bullcrap.

When you're fighting an enemy, you don't kill them just because you "don't find them worthy." They're your enemy. If you don't kill them, they'll come back to try to kill you. I understand that this type of situation occurs fairly often in manga, as well as in other types of media, but I never like it. Essentially, it's the author taking an easy way out. They want the hero to lose sometimes, but if the hero gets killed it's all over. Ichigo, like many other heroes, isn't the kind of character you can have run away. So they have the hero lose, but the villain spares his life, giving little or no reason for doing so.

Kuchiki, on the other hand, had other motives. He didn't really acknowledge (even to himself) them until after the whole Soul Society arc was pretty much over, but he had them nonetheless, and I'm sure they played a role in his decision not to kill off Ichigo.

Moreover, the Gotei Thirteen is a different type of organization than Aizen's army. Aizen's army is just that, an army, created to defeat enemies and seize power. The Gotei Thirteen, on the other hand, is pretty much the enforcment arm of the Soul Society. The Soul police, if you will. And, like the police, thier job is to maintain order. They might kill someone if it was nessesary, but they would probably opt to spare their opponent if they could subdue them without killing them.

Anyway, this isn't the first shounen manga cliche Bleach has fallen victim to. I still enjoy it because it's done well enough to overcome the cliches, but I wish it didn't have to overcome them in the first place.

Thats the FLAW of the villians in movies/stories. They dont finished off the good guys and the good guys come back to beat them. If all the villians kill the good guys when they have the chance and at every chance, there wouldn't be happy endings so to speak.

Stone
April 21, 2007, 06:05 AM
Bullcrap.

Seem your saying the same stuff Grimmjow said after Ulquiorra returned the first time.

@ Anbu4u:
It's more like other series that makes there character look younger, there's several reasons to how you can explain someone like Ichigo looking thew way he does:
1) His life experiences which gives him those expressions
2) He is Fit, (there's kids in our world with larger muscles, though not naturally)
3) His height, Ichigo is still shorter then most of the adult males
4) He's 16 now, still i agree he's in very good shape

If your looking for a more "common" exsampel, i supose Ishida is build closer to what one might expect.

Urazz
April 21, 2007, 06:29 AM
I agree, Ichigo does look like he is older than 15. Hell Orihime looks like she is older than 15. I think Kubo should've made them all older like 17 or 18. At least that way they'll look more their age.

Omi
April 21, 2007, 06:50 AM
I'm also hoping its the old manga and not just his bankai evaporating. After looking way back to when Ichigo first called out his Shikai, the translation I have shows him as calling Zangetsu as uncle when he first sees him. Is this an error considering Zangetsu and his dad look similar.
I wonder what is going to happen in that room now ... and why hasn't Renji tried shunpo to out there since the room prevents him from using Bankai or can't he use it.

ttxdragon
April 21, 2007, 06:56 AM
Ichigo called Zangetsu "Ossan" or Old man possibly even translateable as uncle...

It is quite common japanese use of such words.
It has nothing to do with being related.

for example a little child might call a teenager "oniisan" (older brother) and they don't have to be related. It's just a way to adress people you don't know the name of or people you are very fond of - besides of course you use it for family members too...

if i got that wrong, somebody please correct me, but i am pretty sure on that >.>

for renji not trying to run:
why should he try to run if the arrancar for sure will be able to go just as fast....

ah, and guys'n'gals, please stay on topic. whether they look like 15 or 18 doesn't really belong here.

MNL1989
April 21, 2007, 10:31 AM
I think that this chapter kinda made me mad until towards the end with Grimmjow and with Ishida cuz I dont really like it when someone almost kills someone and then leaves them there this is slowly turning back into soul society IMO

Omi
April 23, 2007, 07:06 PM
He can't use his bankai in that special room so he should have at least thought of finding a way out of the room to a place where he use his bankai and fight at a level closer to the arrancar (considering he barely beat a gillian arrancar with his bankai).

Thanks for the short lesson in Japanese. It makes more sense now, but I still think Zangetsu and Ichi's dad look similar.