PDA

View Full Version : Review Sabyr's *Special* Review

sabyr
April 13, 2007, 09:31 PM
Sabyr's Special Review
For those of you who like the special stuffs.

Hello, I'm Sabyr. I've noticed there are no review for 350. So I bodly do where no man has ever done

before(at Mangahelpers, atleast). This is done in GK's previous format, but with

half the comments. I hope you enjoy this ALMOST as much as you enjoy his(doubtful).

I used Ddadain's LQ/MQ scan for this'un.

Here we go!

Naruto Chapter 350

1. The Big News

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1921/47855740vd3.jpg

My intelligence has also informed me he is pregnant with Orochimaru's baby... I wouldn't come back

either.

Well this is good! Mission: Save Sasuke! (Take 3) is approaching it seems! I would

like to see a confrontation between the two teams, it would be nice to see. I see it

in this order:

Suigetsu vs Sai
Just seems natural for those two to fight, you know?

Karin vs Sakura
Karin doesn't seem to have any physical advantage against Sakura, but she does have

her brains. It could be a good fight.

Juugo vs Kakashi
Of course Kakashi should fight one of the most powerful of the group, the SOURCE of

the Curse Seal!

Sasuke vs Naruto
Of course, you knew this would be what would come. I have a feeling it will end in a

tie though...

Ultimately, I think this Retrieval Arc will be a failure as well. Just my little

theory.

2. The Motley Crew

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2813/43299159pt9.jpg

Look at that, Davy Jones's Crew has come back!

This is nice! The design of the Crowd of the Cursed here is nice and different

for each one. They had an aquatic feel to it, I wonder if Kishimoto was inspired by

POTC 2? Anyway, it was nice and each one looked different.

I like how Kishimoto still gave Sasuke his gentle side, he obviously does not like

to kill people at all. He won't even let his companions do it. He's not as heartless

as we thought, huh? Suigetsu's comment was nice as well, this showed that Sasuke

never lost his humanity after nearly 3 years with Orochimaru(*shudder*).

3. Haha... You got Punk'd
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5766/29133009hb9.jpg

I'm all alone, there's no one here beside me... *cries in a corner*

Well that sucks, don't it? I guess that's what he gets for trying to poke fun at THE

Sasuke, huh?

Now about Karin, I kind of like that she doesn't really have any physical prowess(from

what we've seen). It shows Sasuke's wisdom in picking someone with unique mental

abilities. Unlike Juugo, he's just mental. :P

4. Ooh! The Drama!

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2018/33103216dy4.jpg

Yep, chivalry is dead alright...

Oh no! Karin don't! He's gonna kill you!! Whew! Sasuke Saves the day! Sasuke is may

be close but he's man enough not to be considered a girl, right? So everything is

fine.

But what's this?

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8499/22769554uw2.jpg

OH NO!!!

Just decide, will you? Now I'm expecting the end of the fight to be him stopping and

saying he changed his mind again.

Not much of a review there, huh?

5. A Little Exerpt on Juugo

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6342/40644472pb0.jpg

You know, I don't understand what Karin meant by "Killing Urges".

Now, reguardless of what is seen here, I really don't think Juugo will be a

character that you are really jumpy near and seen as the histarically screaming and

laughing member of the group. Karin mentioned that this happens rarely and when he

does he loses himself. I actually think Juugo will become a character people will

really come to like, despite his little attitude on that particular time of the

month. I think he will either be the quiet, "cool" character or a very happy

character to contrast with the insane maniacle Juugo we see here. I've already seen

some lineart depicting Juugo as crazy. Well I really don't believe that is the case,here as we may find out next chapter.

Rating:
3.5 out of 5 Why? I really don't think there was much of a story element here, it seemed to be just a build-up to the next chapter. Though as usual, the art is awesome and his design skills are great. I think he could've used some very interesting characters in the Crowd of the Cursed. But oh well...

Prediction:
A 3-6 page fight between Juugo and Sasuke before they either end it or have it to be continued and a small part with Team Kakashi gearing up for the new mission. And maybe some backup as well(Team Kurenai, maybe?).

*Awaiting Comments*

TodaPower
April 13, 2007, 11:26 PM
Sabyr, nice job, not quite a GK review... but i liked it.

But I really wonder who Ero-sennin 's most trusted informant is tho?

sure_shot
April 13, 2007, 11:36 PM
It would be an interesting twist if it ended up being Kabuto :P

Nice review sabyr, hopefully some of the upcoming chapters inspire you to write some more!

juUnior
April 14, 2007, 05:43 AM
Nice review ^^

Actually Juugo reminds me more and more how i look at it of the previous "bad" Gaara with his killing intent. That panel with Juugo goes crazy looks similar to Gaara from chuunin exam, fro exmaple look to when Gaara was in hopsital to kill Lee, and conversation with Narut and Shikamaru hehe Both psychics. Another similarity is that there is the second letter in bioth names double:
Gaara = Juugo :D

sahugani
April 14, 2007, 07:10 AM
great review. I had a good laugh when you mentioned the Davy Jones crew. when i take second look, its hilariously accurate. regarding Juugo, i also agree that he'll become a very likable character. the fact that he tried to find a way to suppress his killing urges makes him a character with a very good heart chained by his crazed mental/physical condition, so the readers will love the scared kid struggling with the pain of his uncontrollable urges

lordHokage
April 14, 2007, 10:24 AM
Good review. Last week chapter Juugo resemble the Third Hokage a little, but now he looks more like Hidan. I wonder whether his urge to kill is a bloodline.

Saifi
April 14, 2007, 11:37 AM
well well.. it was certainly a "special" review , not GK , but i get what u mean , i like the pics underscored by the joke lines :)

I esp liked the part that suigetsu was planning to do yet another (this time more direct) joke on sauske being having the curse seal , but this time he got OWNED by karin :D , also is it just me or is kishi doing extensive work on making sure sauske is not seen as a criminal, i mean the whole "ur such a leaf ninja" thing was a little too blunt , i guess now we can see why suigetsu told all the the prisoners that sauske is out to be the savior of the world, he probably chides sauske about being too unwilling to kill.

Another thing that this chappie showed was that sauske is still acting all emotionless when he actually cares about his team ( oohnoez!! now suigetsu is going in the wrong direction 0_o, why did u lie karin ? u dont know its bad *nods*) and then of course deciding to open the door himself, i guess you can say that hes just protecting his team but, i mean a typical bad guy doesn't care about anything but # 1, apparently sauske is not going to be that way! also if he wont even kill monsters that he doesn't know, i guess we can be a 100 % positive that he was not gonna kill naruto for nothing, when he was gonna do his own "that jutsu" (damn bluffer).

another thing that this chap did was make the curse seal lvl 2 all but insignificant ! so i do believe that there will be a level 3 , but u know somehow i would think the ultimate curse seal wouldn't transform you into something inhuman , but rather something more human, so i am expecting that from juugo , and it should also accentuate how much stronger the next level is to lvl 2 which sauske and suigetsu felled by the dozens.

another thing that bothered me about the chap was how calmly everyone just shrugged their shoulders finding that sauske killed oro, its almost like everyone expected it , i mean i can understand naruto feeling insignificant but still being happy for sauske ,cause well he was the same way when he heard that gaara was kazekage, but the reaction of others was just .....not there !

also i have to ask " whats the diff b/w sauske leaving leaf and the sannin leaving leaf for personal reasons , i mean we still dont know why jiraya's head band is "oil", and why hes never in the village, but i guess since its a ninja village sauske did the equivalent of deserting his military, where as i guess jiraya retired and then went on to peek and write books !

anywhoo , good review , maybe a lil concise , and half the comments but then again maybe thats because u didn't think this chap had much in it and hence gave it a 3.5 (which i think it should be 4.5, because the chap had a lot of underlying stuff , and we all knew that no fight starts in the middle of a chap , its always at the beginning or the end :D )

keep up the good work

sabyr
April 14, 2007, 12:24 PM
I didn't put as much into this as Gk does, I'm just too lazy. I just did it because no one else was and I was getting annoyed. :P

@sure_shot:
I probably won't be doing another chapter for a while. That's why this is "special". ^^

@ juUnior:
I actually thought of this crazed version of Juugo as more like Two-Face from Batman. Playing games with himself, kind of like Two-Face flipping the coin.

Saifi
April 14, 2007, 12:43 PM
@sure_shot:
I probably won't be doing another chapter for a while. That's why this is "special". ^^
Boo !!

Absolutio
April 15, 2007, 01:00 PM
you forgot to mention that we have a glimpse of karin's ability, kinda like the mutant from x-man 3, who can sense other mutants power lvls and whereabout.

sabyr
April 15, 2007, 03:14 PM
you forgot to mention that we have a glimpse of karin's ability, kinda like the mutant from x-man 3, who can sense other mutants power lvls and whereabout.

I mentioned that. I talked about it a small bit that she had mental powers instead of the usual taijutsu or ninjutsu stuff.

qwan3356
April 15, 2007, 05:26 PM
That was a really cool review Sabyr!
I'd like to see what Juugo's personality is when he's not in kill kill mode.
i think he'd be a calm and cool guy too. he had to be something like that if he was trying to cure himself.

Gold Knight
April 16, 2007, 08:17 PM
Sorry for taking my sweet time on doing my own review ^^;

Thanks for doing one too, man - good call on the Davy Jones crew resemblance xD I agree with your overall impression of the chapter.

sabyr
April 16, 2007, 10:11 PM
wow, thx. That means a lot coming from you GK. ^^