PDA

View Full Version : Favorites YOUR TOP 20 MANGAS!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ZayCon
June 06, 2011, 04:27 PM
ZayCons top 20:

1. One Piece (Ongoing) - Perfect in every way
2. Hunter x Hunter (Ongoing) - Perfect in every way, except the hiatuses
3. Toriko (Ongoing) - Really good "newcomer" with lots of potential
4. Death Note (Finished) - The Plot can give you an orgasm
5. Bakuman (Ongoing) - Interesting!
6. Naruto (Ongoing) - Part 1 would've ranked higher, but still very good.
7. Prince of Tennis (Finished) - Love the characters!
8. Love Hina (Finished) - Love the humor and the characters!
9. Vinland Saga (Ongoing) - Realistic manga with awesome art.
10. Hajime No Ippo (Ongoing) - How can you make almost 1000 chapters about boxing interesting? Exceptional!
11. Fullmetal Alchemist (Finished) - Good plot and characters. One of very few manga I've read with a good ending.
12. Billy Bat (Ongoing) - Interesting plot mixed with amazing art.
13. Deadman Wonderland (Ongoing) - Interesting plot and really good art.
14. Dragonball (Finished) - Classic!
15. Beelzebub (Ongoing) - Funny as hell!
16. Fairy Tail (Ongoing) - A good shounen, but miss a lot compared to One Piece, HxH and Toriko.
17. Psyren (Finished) - Interesting plot, but a little up and down.
18. Eureka Seven (Finished) - Nice art. Good adaption of the anime.
19. D.Gray-man / Soul Eater / Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Ongoing) - Lack elements here and there.
20. Shaman King (Finished) - Good manga, but the last 100 chapters messed it up.

Shingeki no Kyojin, Enigma and Magico would probably make it into the list, but I don't think I've read enough yet.
Berserk is also a manga that will make it into atleast top 15, but I will decide that when I've read every chapter that is out.

For more stats and ratings: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/ZayCon&show=0&order=4

Magnus
June 07, 2011, 01:46 PM
1 - Bleach : Despite the mainstream belief, it has things way superior to what is found in standard shonens. There are reasons it still sells very well. People need to focus less on the bad aspects and should have a bit more positive view.
2 - Naruto : has everything you'd ask from a shonen. Disappointing at some moments but still an awesome series.
3 - Gunnm Last Order : Wicked dark sci-fi universe. It's outstanding how it takes the overused Tournament Arc trope and changes it into something astonishingly good. Beyond-the-impossible fights AND well-developed characters.
4 - Dragon Ball : timeless hit, no need to develop much.
5 - Vinland Saga : Comes up with some of the most memorable plot twists. Great art, characters and fights. It shows you can make a great story without fantasy elements.
6 - Bakuman : I love how only one chapter of it can be long and full of events. Plenty of characters are lovable and there are many breathtaking cliffhangers.
7 - Death Note : More mangas need to be like this. The plot is incredibly written and the art is fitting, realistic and a bit gloomy.
8 - Hajime no Ippo : Best sport manga I've ever seen. It reminds you of how hellish training sessions can be and provides hyper epic fights. Very good characters too AND a hilarious humour.
9 - One Piece : It's not OP's fault if it got a low ranking. It's just that the other mangas managed to meet my personal tastes better. It still is on my top 10 list which is quite an accomplishment. But the ridiculous stuff Oda comes up with sometimes isn't my cup of tea.
10 - Gantz : the basic idea and the action scenes are awesome. The rest can become meh sometimes. Still a hit though.

(A bit lazy to complete the top 20... ~_~)

naruto-niichan
June 09, 2011, 03:16 PM
Time to update my list:

1. Naruto
2. One Piece
3. Hunter x Hunter
4. Monster
5. Death Note
6. Katekyo Hitman Reborn
7. Bakuman
8. Berserk
9. Vinland Saga
10. Kimi ni Todoke
11. Fullmetal Alchemist
12. I am a Hero
13. Deadman Wonderland
14. D.Gray-man
15. Liar Game
16. Shingeki no Kyojin
17. Gantz
18. Medaka Box
19. Alive - The Final Evolution
20. Kokou no Hito

jorped
July 25, 2011, 07:20 AM
1. Naruto
2. One Piece
3. Hunter x Hunter
4. Vinland Saga
5. Slam Dunk
6. Death Note
7. Hajime no Ippo
8. Bakuman
9. Noblesse
10. Toriko
11. Deadman Wonderland
12. Gantz
13. Claymore
14. Monster
15. Enigma
16. Beelzebub
17. Fairy Tail
18. Ao no Exorcist
19. Yureka

7sun
July 26, 2011, 01:07 PM
1. Fullmetal Alchemist
2. Sket Dance
3. Bakuman
4. Beelzebub
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion
6. Death Note
7. Naruto
8. Bleach
9. Fairy Tail
10. Enigma
11. Silver Spoon
12. Hikaru no Go
13. Letter Bee
14. Ao no Exorcist
15. Reborn!
16. Deadman Wonderland
17. Soul Eater
18. Psychometrer Eiji

I don't read one piece

MattC302
July 31, 2011, 10:27 AM
1. One Piece
2. Planetes
3. Pluto
4. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
5. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
6. Yotsuba&!
7. 20th Century Boys
8. Eden: It's An Endless World
9. Kokou no Hito- The Climber
10. Fullmetal Alchemist
11. Berserk
12. Little House With an Orange Roof
13. Vagabond
14. Slam Dunk
15. Touch
16 I Am A Hero
17. New Grappler Baki/Baki-Son of Ogre
18. Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
18. History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
20. Eyeshield 21

shukketsumaru
August 14, 2011, 10:57 PM
It's an update:

1. One Piece (it's an epic epic)

2. Blue Exorcist (done to death premise, but art & character more than make up for it)

3. Kuragehime (Crossdressing, fujoshi, and Jellyfish FTW)

4. Yotsuba&! (pure adorableness)

5. Hayate the Combat Butler (hilarious screwball antics)

6. Cross Game (Mitsuru Adachi, need I say more?)

7. The Perfect World of Kai (Never thought the piano could be so interesting)

8. History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (Comedy + Action = Win)

9. GTO (bastard descides to teach bastard kids)

10. Sket Dance (non-sequitir)

11. Addicted to Curry (Ecchi cooking show)

12. to-Love-ru Darkness (it's to-Love-ru with plot)

13. Dance in the Vampire Bund (What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good werewolf tale)

14. Cardcaptor Sakura (It's moe with mature love)

15. Katsu! (Boxing with paternity drama)

16. Suicide Island (Dark, yet Harmonious)

17. Nastume Yuujinchou (Perfect for ya'll sentimental types)

18. Wild Life (Funny Vets)

19. Berserk (BFS, Demons, Eldritch Abominations, Betrayal, it has it all)

20. Nagasarante Airantou (Guy is stranded on an island of women, hilarity ensues)

Kaiten
August 16, 2011, 02:52 PM
It's been years since I made a list:
Blade of the Immortal
Full Metal Alchemist
Touch
One Piece
Berserk
Noramimi
Shingeki no Kyojin
Music of Marie
Mushishi
Blame!
Lovely Complex
Children of the Sea
Number 5
Ultra Heaven
Cross Game
Mukashi no Hanashi
Waters
Nijigahara Holograph
Brothers of Japan
Hunter x Hunter
Tegami Bachi
Uncivilized Planet
Obrigado
Kimi ni Todoke
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Memories of Emanon
I am a Hero
Biomega
Area no Kishi
Houshin Engi
Desert Punk
Fetish
Shinobi no Kuni
Hatsukoi Ltd
Naruto

ashher
August 22, 2011, 02:55 AM
Haha...kaiten stretched out to 35 to include naruto!!

Kaiten
August 22, 2011, 08:50 PM
I've read to much to limit myself to 20 :bored

I could not leave Naruto off my list, it is a very good manga. But I couldn't leave off something I like more for the sake of Naruto.

thornofcarrion
August 23, 2011, 01:41 AM
A little update, I might have forgotten some :s...

1. Guyver
2. Noblesse
3. Veritas
4. The Breaker
5. Berserk
6. Shingeki no Kyojin
7. Bleach
8. Music of Marie
9. Vinland Saga
10. Claymore
11. Gamaran
12. Blade of the Immortal
13. I Am A Hero
14. FMA
15. Beelzebub
16. Naruto
17. Gantz
18. Ubel Blatt
19. Death Note
20. DB

Galactic Tomahawk
September 03, 2011, 05:05 PM
It's been about a year and I've been thinking of rearranging my list recently so it's time to party.

1. Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
2. Dorohedoro
3. Liar Game
4. Black Jack
5. Hunter x Hunter
6. One Piece
7. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
8. Houshin Engi
9. Konjiki no Gash Bell
10. Moyashimon
11. The Law of Ueki
12. Bokurano
13. Franken Fran
14. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
15. Pokemon Special
16. Shingeki no Kyojin
17. Battle Angel Alita
18. Kongou Banchou
19. Soul Eater
20. Otoyomegatari

benelori
September 08, 2011, 03:45 AM
I'll try to make it top 20 as it was the original thread, if I will remember what I read until now

1. Naruto
2. Death Note
3. Berserk
4. FMA
5. Liar Game
6. Rurouni Kenshin
7. Bleach
8. Homunculus
9. Ghost in the Shell
10. Vinland Saga
11. Hour of the Mice
12. One Piece
13. Psyren
14. Hunter x Hunter
15. Spiral
16. Fairy Tail
17. Tenjou Tenge
18. Samurai Deeper Kyo
19. Nurarihyon no Mago
20. Shigurui

just started Vagabond, so high chances that it will end up in the top with other mangas if I'll remember them

So there are some changes, and this is a great thread to organize my thoughts on the matter:p

1. Blame!
2. Eden: Endless World
3. Berserk
4. Monster
5. Naruto
6. FMA
7. One Piece
8. Noblesse
9. The Breaker
10. Death Note
11. Rurouni Kenshin
12. Vagabond
13. Bleach
14. Homunculus
15. Ghost in the Shell
16. Vinland Saga
17. Hour of the Mice
18. Hunter x Hunter
19. HSD Kenichi
20. Claymore

Reading Witches now, which has a nice potential to end up in top 10

Jammin
September 08, 2011, 09:34 AM
Current Top 3
1) Naruto (still the best overall manga i've read)
2) Beelzebub (A really good comedy manga. Best i've read in a while)
3) Fairy Tail (Everything good about shounen in condensed and purified form)

4) Claymore
5) Veritas (I put this on here in the distant hope it's the story will go on.)
6) One Piece
7) Bleach
8) The Breaker/The Breaker New Waves (New Waves is a vast improvement on it's predecessor and i think the predecessor was pretty good)
9) Ao No Exorcist
10) The World God Only Knows
11) Onihime VS
12) Sun-ken Rock (Promising but it's going to drop right off the list if it doesn't pull it's story together into a better plot soon.)
13) Ubel Blatt (It would be higher if it weren't on hiatus)
14) Superior†
15) Nurarihyon no Mago
16) Mahou Sensei Negima! (A solid shounen story that delivers it's story with a childish charm.)
17) Rosario+Vampire (A ecchi series with decent characters, but it's tendency to rely on the ecchi bit hurts it's narrative more than a little.)
18) To-Love-Ru/To-Love-Ru Darkness (A true ecchi series. It maks no excuses about what it is and in a way i respect that about it.)
19) Berserk (Great manga that drags because of it's sluggish pace.)
20) Vinland Saga (Great art, solid characters, and a fairly unimpressive story. Plus, once you recognize who the main character is based after it's kinda hard to ignore the obvious way the story will end. That's the risk with going with a historical based story i suppose.) It hasn't actually been that long since i made my last list but a lot has changed in that time. I added explanations where i thought they were warranted.

Current Top 3
1) Noblesse (A clear new #1 for me. This is the series i look forward to most every week.)
2) Beelzebub (A very creative and consistently funny read. Which has kept it a pretty firm #2 for me.)
3) The Breaker/The Breaker: New Waves (The first part of this series was good, the second part is great. It's newly enriched cast is really drawing me in.)

4) Claymore
5) Bleach (I almost dropped Bleach about a month ago but it has done something impressive since then. It fixed what was wrong. Now i look forward to it more than Naruto, which i wouldn't have thought possible.)
6) Naruto (A long series of, what i view to be, questionable creative decisions have taken a toll on my former #1, but there is still enough here to make it enjoyable.)
7) The World God Only Knows (A harem romantic comedy involving demons is not rare, but one this funny is.)
8) One Piece
9) Ubel Blatt (It's starting up again sometime this winter!)
10) Fairy Tail
11) Nurarihyon no Mago (Now that the horrible flashbacks are over it's getting good again.)
12) Veritas (It's only this low because it's on indefinite hiatus.)
13) Mahou Sensei Negima!
14) Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi (A very fun series, even if it lacks the complexity and drama of something like The Breaker.)
15) Id (My interest in this excellent fantasy/adventure Manhwa is slowly recovering from a flashback arc.)
16) Onihime VS
17) Superior†
18) To-Love-Ru/To-Love-Ru Darkness (The series that turns utter shamelessness into a virtue.)
19) Rosario+Vampire
20) TAL (A very promising action/comedy Manwha webcomic. It's still a little rough around the edges but it seems like it has the potential to get absolutely great.)

----------------------------------

The main change in my list this time is that "Naruto", a near permanent fixture at #1, lost it's spot to "Noblesse". That happened for 2 reasons.

Noblesse is good enough to deserve it.
Artistically and narratively i'm absolutely in love with the way Noblesse does things. It has comedy, drama, action, a cast of characters that draw you in, and plot that just keeps getting better.
Naruto, in my honest opinion, is just not good enough to deserve it anymore.
I waited months to make sure i wasn't judging the manga as a whole based on a few small parts but after roughly 70 chapters Naruto has simply not been delivering the kind of quality entertainment that i rated it so highly for. Overall i still think it's good, but not great.

The other significant changes are...

My opinion of The Breaker New Waves is skyrocketing.
I've all but dropped. Sen-Ken Rock, Vinland Saga, and Berserk

ashher
September 08, 2011, 01:44 PM
^ ah, its heartbraking for me to see you guys(benelori and jammin) not liking Vinland Saga too much anymore. About bleach i've read the recent chapters too, and i must say i was looking forward to how ichigo overcomes the latest problem with memory. Then it was solved by such a huge deus ex machina that i was totally disappointed, and pretty much lost interest again.

jorped
September 08, 2011, 03:02 PM
I just don't understand what Jammin and Bene see in The Breaker to give it such high position. It's a pretty mediocre work, being the art the only think that i find good. The story doesn't really have much sense, cuz things happen out of nowhere so .... actually of all the mangas i have ever read The Breaker would be not on the worst position, but close to that. Though most of the mangas i have read so far i consider them pretty interesting so .... i am not calling The Breaker "garbage".

And sad to see that on both of you Naruto is not on the first position any more. I have to admit that i also am not finding the last year as good as the rest of the series, but it will still remain as the best for me, cuz the work as to be seen as an whole, and most of Naruto is nothing else than amazing for me.

Jammin
September 08, 2011, 04:46 PM
@ashher
With Vinland Saga, it suffers a bit with me from being historical based fiction. I pretty much know whats coming, since i'm familiar with what it's based on. So i already know the answers to all the questions that normally keep me hooked on a series. So a few chapters of slow going was all it took to lose me completely.

With Bleach i understand what your saying ,and i'm not sure i even really disagree, but Bleach has never been a masterpiece of plot complexity. I think Bleach at it's best is a collection of awesome characters who fight awesome battles. In the Aizen war arc Kubo tipped the scales to far toward battles, without doing enough with the characters, and i think that sucked. In the aftermath he tried to make it plot and new characters, without anything resembling a cool battle, and i think that also sucked. I feel that what Kubo has done is back the balance which made me love the series during the soul society arc.

@Jorped
I wouldn't have rated "The Breaker" very highly but this second part, "The Breaker: New Waves", is really coming to life. It treats the first season as a kind of prologue. Using all the world building that the first part did as a springboard to tell a story with not only "supernatural martial arts" but with "supernatural martial arts clan politics". It gives the story a whole dimension of complexity that other martial arts series just don't have; apart from rare jewels like Veritas and Naruto back in, what i consider to be, it's golden age.

As for Naruto, i'd probably be more forgiving of it's faults than i am if i didn't think we are coming up upon the end. Everything before about 70 chapters ago is still as great as it ever was; but how a story ends is very very important. So this is the worst possible time for Naruto to lose it's narrative magic because when a series messes up part of it's conclusion a writer can't fix that. There is nothing left to fix by that point. I don't mean to say it's too late just yet, but i think it's getting dangerously close.

MattC302
September 08, 2011, 05:06 PM
@ashher
With Vinland Saga, it suffers a bit with me from being historical based fiction. I pretty much know whats coming, since i'm familiar with what it's based on. So i already know the answers to all the questions that normally keep me hooked on a series. So a few chapters of slow going was all it took to lose me completely.

I have the exact same problem with Vagabond. I know exactly how it is going to end(if it ends at all....). Actually, that is kind of working in it's favor since I'm not dying with anticipation while this hiatus goes on forever.

ashher
September 09, 2011, 01:33 AM
I just don't understand what Jammin and Bene see in The Breaker to give it such high position. It's a pretty mediocre work, being the art the only think that i find good. The story doesn't really have much sense, cuz things happen out of nowhere so .... actually of all the mangas i have ever read The Breaker would be not on the worst position, but close to that. Though most of the mangas i have read so far i consider them pretty interesting so .... i am not calling The Breaker "garbage".

And sad to see that on both of you Naruto is not on the first position any more. I have to admit that i also am not finding the last year as good as the rest of the series, but it will still remain as the best for me, cuz the work as to be seen as an whole, and most of Naruto is nothing else than amazing for me.

the breaker is indeed mediocre at best, imo. But the breaker:new wave is a huge improvement over its prequel...in plotlines, if not in fights too.

jorped
September 09, 2011, 01:15 PM
@Jammin I understand your point but lets hope that this is just a temporary "crisis" that will be over pretty soon.

benelori
September 09, 2011, 05:32 PM
@ashher...it's interesting because the way you put it, it looks like Vinland Saga got worse, where in fact it hasn't...it's just that other stuff are way better...

I will explain why the changes in the top...
Blame! has occupied the first place for a long time now, it's just that I didn't update my list:sweat...I forget about this section...sorry

Eden...as we've talked about this in another section, you probably concluded that I was very impressed...it was an incredible journey, and I know U've started it, so I hope U'll finish it soon

Also I know(I think) that you read both Berserk and Monster...while you know why Monster is brilliant, Berserk is considered on the downhill lately, but not by me...the pace is slow, but it was always slow, but I just love the whole sea-battle approach, and the possible existence of entities with great power, and not under the influence of the God Hands

And another entry is Noblesse...it's nothing short of brilliant, but somehow didn't manage to hit a certain depth as the other before it

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

@jorped...

I don't see how things were happening out of nowhere in The Breaker, except the beginning...there's a solid background for the Nine Arts, and there is a logical chain in the events...

But as Jammin already said, the political approach is something pretty new, and adds an interesting twist to the story...but if things seem to be random right now, that's because we have yet to see where certain loyalties lie...

And as to why Naruto isn't nr 1 anymore...well I explained that in my reply to ashher...I think Naruto is very good, or at least has something other mangas in its category don't have...but there are mangas that are easily better...

ashher
September 10, 2011, 01:55 AM
@ashher...it's interesting because the way you put it, it looks like Vinland Saga got worse, where in fact it hasn't...it's just that other stuff are way better...

I will explain why the changes in the top...
Blame! has occupied the first place for a long time now, it's just that I didn't update my list:sweat...I forget about this section...sorry

Eden...as we've talked about this in another section, you probably concluded that I was very impressed...it was an incredible journey, and I know U've started it, so I hope U'll finish it soon

Also I know(I think) that you read both Berserk and Monster...while you know why Monster is brilliant, Berserk is considered on the downhill lately, but not by me...the pace is slow, but it was always slow, but I just love the whole sea-battle approach, and the possible existence of entities with great power, and not under the influence of the God Hands

And another entry is Noblesse...it's nothing short of brilliant, but somehow didn't manage to hit a certain depth as the other before it

Okey but you actually rated it below Bleach. Now your list is your list and everyone has his preferences...i'm just saying my mind that's all :D

benelori
September 10, 2011, 05:19 AM
Okey but you actually rated it below Bleach. Now your list is your list and everyone has his preferences...i'm just saying my mind that's all :D

Haha, true dat...well my list is about entertainment, and despite the fails that Bleach has, I always liked it...The Deicide Saga is far the best and this new arc...well...it's average...Kubo got a bit entangled I think:p

And this explains why a very well written manga such as Claymore is in last place

Ustegius
September 10, 2011, 07:55 AM
Time for a new try. Once again going with the concept of whatever pops to mind first:

1. Monster
2. 20th Century Boys
3. Nausicaä
4. GUNNM
5. Vinland Saga
6. Planetes
7. Bokurano
8. Akira
9. Barefoot Gen
10. Mushishi
11. Yotsuba&!
12. Vagabond
13. Hunter x Hunter
14. One Piece
15. Devilman
16. Kaiji
17. Pluto
18. Buddha
19. Great Teacher Onizuka
20. Slam Dunk

ashher
September 11, 2011, 08:25 AM
Ok i've decided i'll try to make my list. there are several problems for me though. The total number of mangas that i actually follow/still interested in and the number i finished is not much. I start a lot of mangas until something strikes me and compels me to read on...the rest just fades out. Also i didn't read mangas like FMA, Monster and Death note since i watched the animes(and watched the movie in case of Oldboy),otherwise they would've made the list for sure. So i'm not sure i'll be able to reach upto 20.

1. Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan(Our Happy Times).
2. Freesia
3. 20th/21st century boys
4. Vinland Saga
5. Blade of the Immortal
6. Benkei in New York
7. Basilisk
8. Vagabond
9. Great Teacher Onizuka
10. Ares
11. Hellsing
12. Veritas
13. Berserk
14. Dogs
15. Priest
16. Naruto
17. Mirai Nikki(Future Diary)
18. D. Grey man

some other mangas that i like:

Blame!
Hunter x Hunter
Dorehedoro
Pandora Hearts
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

I need finish/catch upto them before i can decide about them.

naruto-niichan
September 11, 2011, 10:12 AM
the breaker is indeed mediocre at best, imo. But the breaker:new wave is a huge improvement over its prequel...in plotlines, if not in fights too.

I never thought it improved, it's still only mediocre and even was boring for some chapters. The plot moved forward way too slow and the whole political scheme is just something up in the air. And it looks like a supposed dead person is coming back, it's kinda ridiculous.

Time to update my list (in no specific order):

1. Berserk
2. Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
3. Vinland Saga
4. FMA
5. Shingeki no Kyojin
6. Death Note
7. Liar Game
8. Deadman Wonderland
9. Naruto
10. Nurarihyon no Mago
11. Hunter x Hunter
12. Kimi ni Todoke
13. Noblesse
14. Kokou no Hito
15. Alive - The Final Evolution
16. Bakuman
17. Bleach
18. Shamo
19. Tegami Bachi
20. D.Gray-man

ashher
September 11, 2011, 11:25 AM
I never thought it improved, it's still only mediocre and even was boring for some chapters. The plot moved forward way too slow and the whole political scheme is just something up in the air. And it looks like a supposed dead person is coming back, it's kinda ridiculous.

Well i like the second part bit better cause the annoyingly all-winning master is gone ..which makes it a little open,the other guys/factions seems to count for something unlike before.

And yes what you mentioned in the spoiler tag is annoying...but since it was only the starting hint of that well-used and hardly good trope, i'll wait to see how it plays out.

Jammin
September 11, 2011, 03:45 PM
I never thought it improved, it's still only mediocre and even was boring for some chapters. The plot moved forward way too slow and the whole political scheme is just something up in the air. And it looks like a supposed dead person is coming back, it's kinda ridiculous. I can understand someone not liking that about The Breaker: New Waves, but it's a fairly small thing(if it even happens). Especially when compared to the stunts a series like Naruto has pulled.I mean, if attempting to resurrect one person is "kinda ridiculous" what do you call successfully doing it to 3 dozen people? Not to mention the Pain attack thing which was even more extreme. If Naruto can get away with all that, more or less, the breaker should be entitled to at least one mulligan.

I'm also not exactly sure what you mean by "political scheme". I don't think there is much of a specific political scheme in The Breaker: New Waves yet.

What there is, is a sense of a political subculture that the series molds it's plot. People more often than not are driven to action by the clan or faction to which they belong. And the main character enters this world as an outsider trying to navigate through it all as the reluctantly appointed head of one such clan.

This is further complicated by... The fact that his teacher has basically become an anarchist. So if Shioon attempts to lead his clan it will put him at odds with his former teacher.

Leaving Shioon in the middle of a delicate balancing act. Between the Murim(who want his teacher dead) and his teacher(who wants the the Murim destroyed at any cost), and the clan he has been made leader of(whose motives are all over the place); with him stuck in the middle trying to do what's right without getting himself or his friends caught in the crossfire.

It's those elements of complexity that hooked me on the series:D.

------------------------------------

Though if it's not your thing, it's not your thing. Personal tastes do vary.:amuse

naruto-niichan
September 13, 2011, 07:04 AM
I can understand someone not liking that about The Breaker: New Waves, but it's a fairly small thing(if it even happens). Especially when compared to the stunts a series like Naruto has pulled.I mean, if attempting to resurrect one person is "kinda ridiculous" what do you call successfully doing it to 3 dozen people? Not to mention the Pain attack thing which was even more extreme. If Naruto can get away with all that, more or less, the breaker should be entitled to at least one mulligan.

I'm also not exactly sure what you mean by "political scheme". I don't think there is much of a specific political scheme in The Breaker: New Waves yet.

What there is, is a sense of a political subculture that the series molds it's plot. People more often than not are driven to action by the clan or faction to which they belong. And the main character enters this world as an outsider trying to navigate through it all as the reluctantly appointed head of one such clan.

This is further complicated by... The fact that his teacher has basically become an anarchist. So if Shioon attempts to lead his clan it will put him at odds with his former teacher.

Leaving Shioon in the middle of a delicate balancing act. Between the Murim(who want his teacher dead) and his teacher(who wants the the Murim destroyed at any cost), and the clan he has been made leader of(whose motives are all over the place); with him stuck in the middle trying to do what's right without getting himself or his friends caught in the crossfire.

It's those elements of complexity that hooked me on the series:D.

Though if it's not your thing, it's not your thing. Personal tastes do vary.:amuse

well we can definitely go on and on about this but it's not the right thread so I will leave it here. Maybe I will pay a visit to the Breaker Forum and we can dicuss it there ;)

And a little correction on my list:

1. Berserk
2. Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
3. Vinland Saga
4. FMA
5. Shingeki no Kyojin
6. Death Note
7. Liar Game
8. Deadman Wonderland
9. Naruto
10. Nurarihyon no Mago
11. Hunter x Hunter
12. Kimi ni Todoke
13. Noblesse
14. Kokou no Hito
15. Alive - The Final Evolution
16. Bakuman
17. Bleach
18. Shamo
19. Tegami Bachi
20. D.Gray-man/One Piece

ashher
September 15, 2011, 02:00 AM
Ok i've decided i'll try to make my list. there are several problems for me though. The total number of mangas that i actually follow/still interested in and the number i finished is not much. I start a lot of mangas until something strikes me and compels me to read on...the rest just fades out. Also i didn't read mangas like FMA, Monster and Death note since i watched the animes(and watched the movie in case of Oldboy),otherwise they would've made the list for sure. So i'm not sure i'll be able to reach upto 20.

2. Freesia
4. Vinland Saga
5. Blade of the Immortal
6. Benkei in New York
7. Basilisk
8. Vagabond
9. Great Teacher Onizuka
10. Ares
11. Hellsing
12. Veritas
13. Berserk
14. Dogs
15. Priest
16. Naruto
17. Mirai Nikki(Future Diary)
18. D. Grey man

some other mangas that i like:

Blame!
Hunter x Hunter
Dorehedoro
Pandora Hearts
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

I need finish/catch upto them before i can decide about them.

I can't believe i forgot Rurouni Kenshin...my first ever manga. That must be cause i only read the last half and watched the rest in anime. so this is my corrected list:

2. Freesia
4. Vinland Saga
5. Blade of the Immortal
6. Benkei in New York
7. Basilisk
8. Vagabond
9. Great Teacher Onizuka
10. Ares
11. Hellsing
12. Veritas
13. Berserk
14. Dogs
15. Priest
16. Naruto
17. Rurouni Kenshin
18. Mirai Nikki(Future Diary)
19. D. Grey man

only need one more to reach 20!!

juUnior
September 15, 2011, 06:54 AM
@ashher, I just want to say that almost all the mangas you put above Naruto are seinen or not-shounen titles.. hip hip hooray, shounen still rlZ!!!! XDXD Naruto rlZ! XDXDXD

My previous list (I'm shocked xD):

My golden six ;p (nothing more read ehh ;p )

1. I's (the best manga ever for me, due to normal style japanese life and great art of Katsura-senpai)
2. Naruto (I didn;t suppose it's so great until i read it on summer)
3. DeathNote (It's superb addictive to read IT ALL ^^)
4. Bleach (I think that it has better art than Naruto now, but It's lower than Naruto, becaue it lacks something.. You know, it has MULTUUUM characters, and some of them will be having only one battle probably, and some of them none.. Looking at 250 chapters of Naruto you see large differnce in characters fighting via in Naruto and in Bleach)
5. Dragonball (classic)
6. Dr.Slump (omg one of the funniest series i ever read xD)

My 'new' list top 27 won't change much/or maybe it will xd <only Bleach dropped heavily> although I read a few more titles, mainly some shounens/seinens (but I don't put them on a list on purpose: they haven't got major impact on me):

1. I's (the best manga ever for me, due to normal style japanese life and great art of Katsura-senpai. Abnormaly very addictive. The only manga ever for which I wrote a review <not counting a review of Naruto manga here laaater on. Not to mention that at some point I wanted with my friends to make a site only about I"s manga, haha)
2. Shoot! (the best soccer manga for me <I know, I know, Captain Tsubasa is still awesome but I'm one of those who think Shoot! is better>, anime even better with nice soundtrack!)
3. Naruto (still the best fighting shounen for me, whether it has good or bad moments. I love complexity of this title, especially those all around things taken from rl <fighting styles, myths/legends, etc.> and incorporated into this manga by Kishi)
4. Berserk (seinen masterpiece, BUT if 'pacing' will keep up, I don't know if this 'masterpiece' feeling will keep me with this title, or keep this title so high in my top20..)
5. Code: Breaker (the second best fighting shounen for me out there: magnificent art, quite complex story, good comedy and fantastic characters with pretty short/mid-long battles similar to how samurais fought: who strikes first can be the winner <though its not with katanas but with special abilities, hehe> And the main protagonist.. well, antihero, is someone you won't find in any other fighting shounen, definitely)
6. Trigun (awesome main character, awesome secondary characters, awesome plot, awesome guns <xD>, awesome world, and.. love & peace! <3 )
7. DeathNote (I still consider this title extremely well written, not to mention well drawn)
8. FMA (awesome shounen with nice art, cool characters <Roy xd> and story which is so much interesting that you should read it at one go <especially for those who weren't reading it on monthly basis, I'm jealous xD>)
9. AKIRA (cyberpunk at its best!)
10. Hellsing (the first seinen title on my list <Gantz should be here too but oh well, I'm really behind this title : ( >; I like vampires theme in general, I loved Alucard form the beginning <as well as Anderson>, and fights are nice with, of course, awesome art)
11. Jackals (another bloody seinen with awesome art + awesome weapons xD Without spoilers: when Kuugo appeared in Bleach, I thought: wow, Kubo had to read Jackals because Kuugo's sword is just taken from this title :p No offence Bleach fans!)
12. 20th Century Boys (Friend and nuff' said)
13. Dragonball (classic - if it wasn't for Naruto, I would still consider it the best fighting shounen ever. BUT Classic is classic, if it wasn't for DB, many fighting shounens could look differently now. Not to mention my sentiment for this title is still pretty strong!)
14. Sailor Moon (the first shoujo on my list - masterpiece, fighting shounen for girls <joking> Another title which has my strong sentiment towards it - I just can't help not putting it at least mid-high)
15. Dr.Slump (one of the funniest series I have ever read - still true when I look at this manga today, haha xD)
16. Great Teacher Onizuka (should be higher xd)
17. Bastard!! (classic no matter how long it is)
18. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi (funny.. funny world xD)
19. One Piece (very good fighting shounen - for maaaaany the epitome of the perfect fighting shounen BUT not for me)
20. To-LOVE-Ru (probably the only ecchi series in my top which I enjoy from the very start to the very end)
AND others:
21. Bleach (In general, Bleach is waaay less interesting than it used to be. After SS arc the overall quality of the manga dropped for me; I'm not saying it still doesn't interest me, but nowadays I'm only following Bleach due to some of the characters I love in the series)
22. Toradora! (just few words: Ryuuji Takasu and Taiga Aisaka = win <3 )
23. Suzuka (another 'school life' xd nice story, I'm probably into such mangas)
24. Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE (sentiment)
25. Fushigi Yuugi (sentiment)
26. Dance in the Vampire Bund (vampires xd)
27. Kimi ni Todoke (the main protagonist if 'funny' girl xP)
Hatsukoi Limited (it had potential to be on my list - I still cannot believe it got cancelled so fast : ( )

btw. only the first spot is my REAL nr 1 - the rest of the titles, when I look at it after I've written them, could be put in any particular order probably - I like every one of them in one way or the other (though top10 I would not change, probably..) Also, sme titles at the end have high chances to go even higher, like Kimi ni Todoke for example <3 Thats it.

ashher
September 15, 2011, 11:21 AM
^ ah yes. I guess i usually prefer seinen to shonen. But placing Naruto was really hard. Still now i'm not sure whether i should put it above Dogs and Priest or not. Looking back, i guess i need diversify a little. May be i should try some shoju or sports mangas.

Estranho
September 16, 2011, 04:55 PM
Updating my top... it's hard to put in order, but here we go.

1. 20th Century Boys
2. Slam Dunk
3. Beck
4. Kokou no Hito
5. REAL
6. Solanin
7. Pluto
8. Planetes
9. Shiki
10. Battle Royale
11. Crows
12. One Piece
13. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
14. Hoshin Engi
15. Bloody Monday
16. Vinland Saga
17. Hikaru no Go
18. Yunagi no Machi Sakura no Kuni
19. What a Wonderful World!
20. Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

Asarii
September 18, 2011, 11:44 PM
Here's my list!

Sandman Haikara-san ga Tooru
Candy Candy
SKET DANCE
Monster
D. Gray-man
Full Metal Alchemist
Kuroshitsuji
flat
Emma
Vinland Saga
Liar Game
Nurarihyon no Mago
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Kimi ni Todoke
ONE PIECE
Nodame Cantabile
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
Detective Conan
Super Lovers
Fushigi Yuugi

Shonen: 9
Shoujo: 5
Seinen: 4
Josei: 1
BL: 1

RaveDragon
September 23, 2011, 02:57 AM
1-Fairy Tail/One Piece
2-Ao No Exorcist/Dragon eye
3-Detective Conan/Reborn
4-Aqua/Aria
5-FMA
6-Naruto
7-Bleach
8-Clamps works
9-Death Note
10-Dragonball (all)
11-Code Geass
12-Tokyo mew mew
13-D-Grayman (i havent read it all yet so it could and probably will go up)
14-Inuyasha/Ranma 1/2
15-Rurouni Kenshin
16-Vampire Knight
17-Fruit Basket
18-Soul Eater
19-Lupin 3rd
20-Sora no otoshimono (would be an approx. 4th place if it wasn't so perverted and focused on its amazing plot :/)

They're not in order after the top 3 except for the 20th placing

My top 20 kinda changed

1-Fairy Tail/One Piece
2-Dgrayman/Yozakura Quartet
3-Blue exorcist
4-Dogs Bullets and Carnage
5-Full metal alchemist
6-beelzebub
7-Katekyo Hitman reborn
8-Rave master
9-Dragon Eye
10-Vampire Knight
11-Ouran High school host club
12- Gakuen Alice
13-Tegami bachi
14-Detective conan
15-Tokyo babylon
16-Soul Eater
17-Bleach
18-Aqua/Aria
19-Soul eater NOT
20-Death Note

ick
September 26, 2011, 04:09 AM
Let's try this:

1 - Phoenix (Osamu Tezuka)
2 - Monster (Naoki Urasawa)
3 - Ashita no Joe (Takamori Asao & Tetsuya Chiba)
4 - Eden: It's an Endless World (Hiroki Endo)
5 - Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Hayao Miyazaki)
6 - Ushio to Tora (Kazuhiro Fujita)
7 - Trigun Maximum (Yasuhiro Nightow)
8 - Jiraishin (Tsutomu Takahashi)
9 - 2001 Nights (Yukinobi Hoshino)
10 - Devilman (Go Nagai)
11 - Honey & Clover (Chica Umino)
12 - Akira (Katsuhiro Otomo)
13 - Harukana Maki-e (Jiro Taniguchi)
14 - Five Star Stories (Mamoru Nagano)
15 - Berserk (Kentaro Miura)
16 - A Fool (Kang Full)
17 - Oyasumi Punpun (Inio Asano)
18 - Uchu Kyoudai (Chuuya Koyama)
19 - Yotsuba& (Kiyohiko Azuma)
20 - Vagabond (Takehiko Inoue)

KaitoKief
September 26, 2011, 07:34 AM
More than 20, but I could not leave them out

1. One Piece
2. Hunter X Hunter
3. Full Metal Alchemist
4. Konjiki no Gash Bell
5. Gintama
6. Hoshi no Samidare
7. Sengoku Youko
8. Soul Eater
9. Slam Dunk
10. Magi
11. Mx0
12. Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
13. Hayate no Gotoku
14. Hikaru no Go
15. Flame of Recca
16. Dr. Slump
17. Dragonball
18. Kekkaishi
19. Ghost Sweeper Mikami
20. Onani Master Kurosawa
21. Yu Yu Hakusho
22. Fairy Tail

MattC302
September 27, 2011, 03:33 PM
1. One Piece
2. Planetes
3. Pluto
4. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
5. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
6. Yotsuba&!
7. 20th Century Boys
8. Eden: It's An Endless World
9. Blade of the Immortal
10. Kokou no Hito- The Climber
11. Fullmetal Alchemist
12. Berserk
13. Emma
14. Vagabond
15. Vinland Saga
16. Little House With an Orange Roof
17. Slam Dunk
18. Touch
18. Sakuranbo Syndrome
20. Wandering Son

These aren't necessarily in any kind of order. They each have their own strengths and some can't even be compared. You just can't compare Eden: It's And Endless World! with Yotsuba&!. They are too different and one isn't necessarily better than the other. At least not in my eyes.

Also, I wish I was articulate enough to explain exactly why I love each of these manga, but my words wouldn't do these amazing manga justice.

ZayCon
September 27, 2011, 04:35 PM
ZayCons top 20:

Updates since June:
5. Berserk (Ongoing) - Amazing plot and art. The golden age arc <3
6. Bakuman (Ongoing) - Interesting!
7. Naruto (Ongoing) - Part 1 would've ranked higher, but still very good.
8. Prince of Tennis (Finished) - Love the characters!
10. Love Hina (Finished) - Love the humor and the characters!
11. Hajime No Ippo (Ongoing) - How can you make almost 1000 chapters about boxing interesting? Exceptional!
12. Fullmetal Alchemist (Finished) - Good plot and characters. One of very few manga I've read with a good ending.
13. Billy Bat (Ongoing) - Interesting plot mixed with amazing art.
14. Deadman Wonderland (Ongoing) - Interesting plot and really good art.
16. Dragonball (Finished) - Classic!
17. Shingeki no Kyojin (Ongoing) [U]- Refreshing and EPIC.[/I]
19. Eureka Seven (Finished) - Nice art. Good adaption of the anime.
20. Fairy Tail (Ongoing) - A good shounen, but miss a lot compared to One Piece, HxH and Toriko.
21. Psyren (Finished) - Interesting plot, but a little up and down.
22. Soul Eater (Ongoing) - Very good, but lack something compared to top 20.
23. D.Gray-man (Ongoing) - Very good, but lack something compared to top 20.
23. Shaman King (Finished) - Good manga, but the last 100 chapters messed it up.
24. Arakawa Under the Bridge (Ongoing) - Seriously funny and amazing characters.
25. Ibitsu (Finished) - Creepy as hell!
26. Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Ongoing) - Good when it's good, really bad when it's bad

Berserk, Arakawa Under the Bridge and Ibitsu is added since last time. Vinland Saga has gone past Love Hina and Beelzebub past Dragonball.

Old list:
5. Bakuman (Ongoing) - Interesting!
6. Naruto (Ongoing) - Part 1 would've ranked higher, but still very good.
7. Prince of Tennis (Finished) - Love the characters!
8. Love Hina (Finished) - Love the humor and the characters!
10. Hajime No Ippo (Ongoing) - How can you make almost 1000 chapters about boxing interesting? Exceptional!
11. Fullmetal Alchemist (Finished) - Good plot and characters. One of very few manga I've read with a good ending.
12. Billy Bat (Ongoing) - Interesting plot mixed with amazing art.
13. Deadman Wonderland (Ongoing) - Interesting plot and really good art.
14. Dragonball (Finished) - Classic!
16. Fairy Tail (Ongoing) - A good shounen, but miss a lot compared to One Piece, HxH and Toriko.
17. Psyren (Finished) - Interesting plot, but a little up and down.
18. Eureka Seven (Finished) - Nice art. Good adaption of the anime.
19. D.Gray-man / Soul Eater / Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Ongoing) - Lack elements here and there.
20. Shaman King (Finished) - Good manga, but the last 100 chapters messed it up.

For more stats and ratings: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/ZayCon&show=0&order=4

Teubier
December 04, 2011, 12:36 PM
Here’s my top 20, in alphabetical order : Title (main reason(s))

Akira (everything)
Akumetsu (plot/ideology)
Angel Densetsu (art/humor)
Bokko (plot)
Bremen (characters/rock'n'roll)
Captain Tsubasa (love of football)
City Hunter (Saeba Ryo)
Dragon Ball (first love/characters)
Garouden (art/fights)
Gintama (humor)
Glaucos (art/theme)
Homunculus (theme)
Hunter x Hunter (everything)
Kokou no Hito (art/theme)
Lone Wolf & Cub (art/tale)
Monster (plot/art)
Noritaka (humor)
Riki-Oh (plot/art)
Rokudenashi Blues (characters/school melancholy)
Vagabond (everything)

Phenom
December 29, 2011, 05:18 AM
I know for certain that I can't come up with a top 20, but I'm not even certain that I can come up with a top 10. I already don't read a lot of manga to begin with.

01 - Rurouni Kenshin
02 - Fullmetal Alchemist
03 - Psyren
04 - Claymore
05 - Basilisk
06 - Hunter x Hunter
07 - Death Note
08 - Samurai Deeper Kyo
===========
09 - One Piece
10 - Bleach
11 - Naruto
12 - Fairy Tail

For the most part this has changed up a bit.

01.) Rurouni Kenshin
02.) Psyren
03.) Fullmetal Alchemist
04.) Death Note
05.) D-Grayman
06.) Fairy Tail
07.) Samurai Deeper Kyo
08.) Change 123

rudorofu
January 29, 2012, 12:27 PM
1. Honey x Honey Drops
2. Watashi ni XX Shinasai!
3. Bloody Cross
4. Rockin' Heaven
5. Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu
6. Bleach
7. Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
8. Shinshi Doumei Cross
9. Hakushaku to Yousei
10. Hiyokoi

And, that's all I can think of right now :\ There's a ton of other ones that I like, but they're not my favourites.

Mr. Arashi
February 14, 2012, 03:39 PM
Getting into it.

1- Dragon Ball
2- Phoenix
3- Hunter X Hunter
4- Rookies
5- Bleach
6- Ode to Kirihito
7- Black Jack
8- The Monkey King (by Katsura)
9- Hoshi no Samidare
10- Drifting Classroom
11- Lost World
12- Harukana Machi-E
13- One Piece
14- Metropolis
15- Slam Dunk
16- MW
17- Icaro
18- Tobaku Haouden Zero
19- Shamo
20- Captain Harlock
I've to make some changes...

1- Dragon Ball
2- Fourteen
3- Phoenix
4- Ultra Heaven
5- Bleach
6- Ode to Kirihito
7- Hunter X Hunter
8- Rookies
9- Black Jack
10- Hoshi no Samidare
11- Drifting Classroom
12- Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji
13- Lost World
14- Harukana Machi-E
15- Akagi
16- One Piece
17- Tobaku Haouden Zero
18- MW
19- Kokou no Hito
20- Sanctuary

matzik1212
February 21, 2012, 04:16 PM
Hmm my favorites mangas/manhwas are :

1. One Piece/ Naruto
2. The Breaker+ New Waves
3. Noblesse
4. Tower of God
5. Bleach
6. Reborn
7. Fairy Tail
8. Beelzebub
9. Gamaran
10. Nurarihyon no Mago
11. D-Gray Man
12. Eden no Ori
13. Psyren
14. Shin Angyo Onshi
15. Ares
16. Defense Devil
17. Zippy Ziggy
18. Witch Hunter
19. 7 seeds
20. Liar Game
21. Immortal Rain :)

Jammin
May 07, 2012, 11:39 AM
My updated rankings, in order. With a short summary of how I feel about each.

Current Top 3
1) Noblesse (This manhwa has a firm grip on my #1 spot.)
2) Beelzebub (My overall #2 and probably my favorite current manga)
3) Tower of God (A GREAT series, but my concerns about what certain plot elements mean for the series' future makes it's hold on the #3 spot very tenuous)

4) The Breaker: New Waves (This manhwa slid down a spot because a certain development with the main character is beginning to drag for me.)
5) Ubel Blatt (It's back and great as ever.)
6) Claymore (Fell a few spots because the last combat arc ended up dragging a little toward the end, but I expect it will recover.)
7) Bleach (It seem like Bleach has rediscovered itself a bit but for some reason the idea of another war arc sends a cold shiver down my spine; and not in a good way.)
8) Fairy Tail (A solid series that is, unfortunately, entirely too fond of battle tournaments.)
9) One Piece (I miss Boa Hancock.)
10) Medaka Box (I'm late to the party on this crazy series but the most recent arc has really pulled me in.)
11) TAL (The art is mediocre but it's dry sense of humor is highly addicting.)
12) Naruto (A pretty steady decline, due to a prolonged arc that I just don't think is very good.)
13) Id (Continues to recover from a weird time travel arc.)
14) The World God Only Knows (It's hilarious but the jury is still out on the goddess-focused plotline.)
15) Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi (Still fun, but it hasn't really set itself apart recently.)
16) Gintama (It's very good but I find it a lot harder to really appreciate in manga form.)
17) Ao no Exorcist (A very entertaining series that seems poised get even better.)
18) Girls of the Wild's (Great artwork, humor, and characters; but the protagonist needs to establish himself.)
19) Legend of Tyr (Exciting potential but little of it has been realized thus far.)
20) Geukji High (A new and hilarious over the top martial arts comedy.)

It hasn't actually been that long since i made my last list but a lot has changed in that time. I added explanations where i thought they were warranted.

Current Top 3
1) Noblesse (A clear new #1 for me. This is the series i look forward to most every week.)
2) Beelzebub (A very creative and consistently funny read. Which has kept it a pretty firm #2 for me.)
3) The Breaker/The Breaker: New Waves (The first part of this series was good, the second part is great. It's newly enriched cast is really drawing me in.)

4) Claymore
5) Bleach (I almost dropped Bleach about a month ago but it has done something impressive since then. It fixed what was wrong. Now i look forward to it more than Naruto, which i wouldn't have thought possible.)
6) Naruto (A long series of, what i view to be, questionable creative decisions have taken a toll on my former #1, but there is still enough here to make it enjoyable.)
7) The World God Only Knows (A harem romantic comedy involving demons is not rare, but one this funny is.)
8) One Piece
9) Ubel Blatt (It's starting up again sometime this winter!)
10) Fairy Tail
11) Nurarihyon no Mago (Now that the horrible flashbacks are over it's getting good again.)
12) Veritas (It's only this low because it's on indefinite hiatus.)
13) Mahou Sensei Negima!
14) Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi (A very fun series, even if it lacks the complexity and drama of something like The Breaker.)
15) Id (My interest in this excellent fantasy/adventure Manhwa is slowly recovering from a flashback arc.)
16) Onihime VS
17) Superior†
18) To-Love-Ru/To-Love-Ru Darkness (The series that turns utter shamelessness into a virtue.)
19) Rosario+Vampire
20) TAL (A very promising action/comedy Manwha webcomic. It's still a little rough around the edges but it seems like it has the potential to get absolutely great.)

Quite a few changes on my list. Lots of new manhwa series, since I have been trying a lot of those out recently, and seven series fell off the list entirely for various reasons.

Some because they are completed series and I only rank ongoing ones.

Veritas (I've finally come to terms with the fact that it's not coming back.)
Mahou Sensei Negima! (Finished)
Superior† (Finished)

Some because they just don't belong in my top 20 anymore.

To-Love-Ru/To-Love-Ru Darkness (The plot just doesn't seem like it's going anywhere anytime soon)
Onihime VS (Infrequent scanlation more than anything else has caused my interest to wain.)
Rosario+Vampire (I'm not even really sure why I liked it in the first place, but the effect seems to be fading.)
Nurarihyon no Mago (It's last few arcs have seemed awfully similar to me...)

zelllogan
May 11, 2012, 04:45 PM
It's hard to rank them all. So I will just rank the manga using the following question: For which manga/manwha am I really waiting each week ? So,like Jammin, only ongoing mangas in my classment this time :).

1) Tower of God: Even if I was very disappointed by the last few chapters. It's still the one from which I'm expecting the most. The characters, the story, the world, the pace, the refreshing webcomic aspect, ...
2) One Piece: Still in second place but not even close to what I felt before this infamous underwater arc ...
3) Noblesse: Nice pace, good characters, original. Enjoyable.
4) HxH: would be ranked first if the manga still deserved to be called Hunter x Hunter instead of Hiatus x Hiatus
5) Gamaran: It's just an efficient work. It's simple but it's working. Each week I just keep waiting for the next fight.
6) Beelzebub : The most funny WSJ manga. Period.
7) Fairy Tail: Each time I want to talk about this manga, I insist on the bad points (nakama powerups, timeskip ...) but in the end, I'm still reading it because of one single fact: GREAT characters & cool fights.
8) Gantz: Unique melting pot of violence & strong feelings
9) Toriko: Pace is IMO too slow but still a refreshing read.
10) Kuroko no basket: best current sport manga for me. But I'm still waiting for a successor to Eyeshield 21.
11) Kurogane: I don't really know why I'm liking it. But fact is I do.
12) The god of high school: Great main character, martial arts & superpower ... enough to keep me interested.
13) Naruto: I'm just used to read it for so many years. I keep reading it. It is this manga which got me back in the mangaworld. And Naruto was even my main reason to become a member on this forum. And then there was a timeskip & the author lost control. As often in shounen, each character seems now able to destroy earth. Rules no longer apply...
14) Bleach: Still entertaining but what a wasted potential. Probably the biggest waste in manga history.
15) The breaker: new waves. This manwha can thank a certain old man who just was awesome. I put this manwha in my top just because of him. He deserves it :).
16) HSDK: Cool fights
17) Cage of Eden: Honestly, I think I just got a thing for "people lost on mysterious island".
18) Claymore: IMO, again a manga where a timeskip ruined a lot. And I miss Claire & I didn't miss Raki one bit.
19) Liar Game: I thought it was brillant at the beginning. But it's just overly complicated when you try to read this on a weekly/monthly basis. Rules are now too complicated to get a grasp of what is really happening without reading twice. But still, I like the characters & it's giving me a nice "death note" feeling.
20) Aiki

Edit: which was really needed.

hoeru
May 12, 2012, 09:26 AM
Several completed series in my Top 20, but still I enjoy rereading them from time to time much over series that are still running.

One Piece
Fairy Tail
Rock'N'Roll Ricky
Ryuushika Ryuushika
Toriko
Psyren
Ao no Exorcist
ST&RS
Dragon Ball
Captain Tsubasa
To Love-Ru/To Love-Ru Darkness
Aa! Megami-sama
Choujikuu Yousai Macross - The First
Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
RAVE The Groove Adventure
Tekken Chimni Legends
Naruto
Bakuman.
Bleach

(not in the list, but whenever I can, I read as much Kochikame I can get...)

Estranho
May 13, 2012, 07:16 PM
My past Top 20:
1. 20th Century Boys
2. Slam Dunk
3. Beck
4. Kokou no Hito
5. REAL
6. Solanin
7. Pluto
8. Planetes
9. Shiki