PDA

View Full Version : Does Kishimoto Masashi have a hand in the Anime Series?

okyatoks
March 24, 2006, 11:06 AM
Just wanna ask this:

Does Kishimoto Masashi have a hand in the Anime Series? :o

(and yes, including the fillers) :darn[br]Posted at: March 24, 2006, 06:04:28 AM_________________________________________________I found this info over the net:

It seems, Kishi is not involved in the script writing of Naruto Anime

NARUTO:
Director: Hayato Date
Script:
Kou Hei Mushi
Yuka Miyata
Satoru Nishizono
Katsuyuki Sumisawa
Yasuyuki Suzuki
Junki Takegami
Akatsuki Yamatoya
Michiko Yokote
Music: Toshio Masuda
Original Manga: Masashi Kishimoto
Character Design:
Tetsuya Nishio
Hirofumi Suzuki
Art director: Shigenori Takada
Animation director:
Seiko Asai
Atsuho Matsumoto
Director of Photography: Atsuho Matsumoto

(It really seems that the Manga story content doesn't reconcile with the Anime version) :blink

walkie
March 24, 2006, 11:30 AM
i dont have any formal info but from the begininng of it i believed he doesnt have a hand in it...

animes and mangas may differ that seems normal, in the past there are some examples of it...

donkeyhigh
March 24, 2006, 12:02 PM
Kishimoto writes the manga how he wants it, the manga is his.
However, when making a anime, they have to hit the right audience, and the right audience in Japan are kids.

That is why they remove some of the more bloody scenes and we probably wont be hearing Sai saying "dick" as often, however, the main consept of the anime is following the manga, but some changes has to be done.
Some are for the better, and some are for the worse.
Making a manga fit as a moving anime requires some dialouges to be changed.
It is proven that 80% of a human conversation is done by body language, something that is easier to show in a anime than in a manga, making some of the conversations in the manga less important in the anime.
Also, the fighting scenes are often longer in the anime, something that requires coordination, also written in the script. The script writes can't just write "Fight-scene", they have to go more into detail.
Also, they probably have on writer for some kinds of scenes, and others for other types of scenes.
Then there's the issue of lenght of scenes, music, theme, possition and so forth. Probably allot of work.

Script:
    Kou Hei Mushi
    Yuka Miyata
    Satoru Nishizono
    Katsuyuki Sumisawa
    Yasuyuki Suzuki
    Junki Takegami
    Akatsuki Yamatoya
    Michiko Yokote

These guys simply just works with fitting the manga as best as possible as an anime.
Why? Well read the above.

okyatoks
March 24, 2006, 01:09 PM
Well, I was just thinking of "General Naruto Facts"

Just like in the following:

1. The Raiga filler, (who wields a double pike) who claimed as one of the seven shinobis of the Mist
2. The Anko filler
3. The scalded head (with screw holes) of Morino Ibiki (which was told in the Manga that it was due to several years of spying and putting his life on the line) - (changed to the scene with his "brother" Morino Idate)
4. And others...

Are they still going to reconcile these things? :darn

njt
March 24, 2006, 01:17 PM
WARNING POSSIBLE ONE PIECE SPOILERS!!!!!!!

I'm not sure about Naruto, but while I was reading the OP manga, in the SBS corner, it talked about the anime and Oda-sensei's role in it quite a bit. I'm sure it's not too different...
anyways, what Oda-sensei said was that the anime is indeed done entirely by that department, sometimes he gets contacted about a character wanting to use a certain ability if that would be ok and Oda-sensei says that (yep go ahead, or nope I plan to use something like that later)

They also commented about like in the anime part where the Sanji's boss got his leg ripped off due to a chain was a lot more "milder" than the manga version where he ate his own leg... the reasoning behind that, as Oda-sensei explained, was the tv show is shown to a bigger audience and does have to follow some rules and regulations (a lot more stricter than manga) and thus it is cut down a bit. Just fyi, another part where they toned down the anime from the manga, is when Mr. 2's Shirt had "the gay road" on it in the manga, it was changed to something else (forgot what actually, but it took out the gay part that's for sure :p)

Anyways- There ya have it :)
Just censoring and various things prevent it from going all crazy, and the fact that the filler stories(which is stopped watching after the anime started on their long filler marathon) are just plain blah is another example of how Kishimoto-sensei is for sure not in their writing for them :p.

okyatoks
March 24, 2006, 01:26 PM
Well, for the violence part... I know it had to be done, as well as for "what is more artsy and palatable to kids"

But with regards to the facts, well, at least they should reconcile them... (But I don't know for the others)

donkeyhigh
March 24, 2006, 05:46 PM
I'm not reading any possible One Piece spoilers.

Hate the way they did it with Rurouni Kenshin though, all episodes from about eps.60 to 95 (the last) were fillers, made by the anime-scripters, trying to make a good story.

Holy hell they fucked up, it turned out as sucky as humanly possible... Or, atleast Kenshin didn't make ramen.. But it was close..

The reason why they did this:
The anime was running on the TV and people loved it, however, the writer of the manga got il/sickl, and couldn't work again for 2 years, during those years the anime-people made up their own ending. And the manga-ending, the real ending, the perfect beautifull ending, was never displayed in anime-form :(

The last anime-episodes were filled with errors..

Oh well, hope it doesn't go that way with Naruto.

Gold Knight
March 25, 2006, 02:57 AM
It's very rare when a mangaka has any bearing on the development of an anime series. And I've heard nothing but "no" for Kishimoto's involvement with the anime.

So I'd say no, he doesn't have anything to do with the anime except possibly a bit of approval for usage of certain characters for special arcs and being questioned about what would work within the series and what wouldn't, but it's possibly just done over the telephone.

okyatoks
March 25, 2006, 05:35 PM
BTW... How many fillers will they still show, before "I supposed" Kakashi's Gaiden! There'll be a riot if they won't show it in anime! :mad

donkeyhigh
March 25, 2006, 07:21 PM
Yes, there will.

Meijin no Kori
March 25, 2006, 07:23 PM
BTW... How many fillers will they still show, before "I supposed" Kakashi's Gaiden! There'll be a riot if they won't show it in anime! :mad

The fillers should end around episode 182 or 183 I believe.

okyatoks
March 26, 2006, 01:27 AM
More Fillers.... :s aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :cussing

Meijin no Kori
March 26, 2006, 01:32 AM
Relax, at least it's not another season full. XD

Gold Knight
March 26, 2006, 02:16 AM
Yep, it's been a long wait, this is nothing. It's almost here ^_^

shinwei
March 26, 2006, 02:26 AM
I'm not reading any possible One Piece spoilers.

Hate the way they did it with Rurouni Kenshin though, all episodes from about eps.60 to 95 (the last) were fillers, made by the anime-scripters, trying to make a good story.

Holy hell they fucked up, it turned out as sucky as humanly possible... Or, atleast Kenshin didn't make ramen.. But it was close..

The reason why they did this:
The anime was running on the TV and people loved it, however, the writer of the manga got il/sickl, and couldn't work again for 2 years, during those years the anime-people made up their own ending. And the manga-ending, the real ending, the perfect beautifull ending, was never displayed in anime-form :(

The last anime-episodes were filled with errors..

Oh well, hope it doesn't go that way with Naruto.

They weren't trying to make their own ending I believe, just trying to hold out as best they can without any material to use from the manga during that long time of waiting. Eventually the show was just flat out cancelled due to its sharp decrease in popularity.

Fortunately Watsuki Nobuhiro hired young and willing Oda Eiichiro to help him out as an assistant with the final Jinchuu Arc, and boy that was awesome. Oda quickly moved with that momentum to create the masterpiece known as One Piece.

Still, Episodes 61-95 of Rurouni Kenshin is only 35 episodes long, and its already been more than that many episodes of filler in Naruto. What strikes me most is that they should have had enough material to start animating based on the manga a while ago, and I have no idea why they didn't.

donkeyhigh
March 29, 2006, 09:56 PM
They weren't trying to make their own ending I believe, just trying to hold out as best they can without any material to use from the manga during that long time of waiting. Eventually the show was just flat out cancelled due to its sharp decrease in popularity.

Fortunately Watsuki Nobuhiro hired young and willing Oda Eiichiro to help him out as an assistant with the final Jinchuu Arc, and boy that was awesome. Oda quickly moved with that momentum to create the masterpiece known as One Piece.

Still, Episodes 61-95 of Rurouni Kenshin is only 35 episodes long, and its already been more than that many episodes of filler in Naruto. What strikes me most is that they should have had enough material to start animating based on the manga a while ago, and I have no idea why they didn't.

Thank you, that was a great responce, and I learned allot new things here. Those are the kinds of posts I really love to find in a forum.
I'll press your "Ossu!!" button as much as possible.

Also, I agree with you on the chase about Naruto, the manga is waay ahead, and it really just seem as if they're trying to milk the viewers as much as they possibly can. Which is a shame.

Also, about Kenshin, it's been a long time since I've seen and read it, the Jinchuu arc, is that the final OAV, eps 5-6 after the TV-episodes? Or is that the manga-only ending, which by the way is just about the most incredible ending I've ever seen in any manga or anime, or movie or series, or real life.. :p

And one final question, did Oda Eiichiro draw all the final chapters? I think I remember a slight change of style..

Oh, and I just remembered, in the manga and series, it was said that Kenshin and his teacher were the only swordsmen alive with the super-sonic killer-style they used, I can't even remember it's name, however, that God-dude in the fillers knew the style, how would that be possible? That's just plain stupid, even for a filler..

shinwei
March 31, 2006, 09:09 PM
Also, about Kenshin, it's been a long time since I've seen and read it, the Jinchuu arc, is that the final OAV, eps 5-6 after the TV-episodes? Or is that the manga-only ending, which by the way is just about the most incredible ending I've ever seen in any manga or anime, or movie or series, or real life.. :p

And one final question, did Oda Eiichiro draw all the final chapters? I think I remember a slight change of style..

Oh, and I just remembered, in the manga and series, it was said that Kenshin and his teacher were the only swordsmen alive with the super-sonic killer-style they used, I can't even remember it's name, however, that God-dude in the fillers knew the style, how would that be possible? That's just plain stupid, even for a filler..

The Jinchuu Arc is the manga. The final OAV thing was done completely by some anime company and neither mangaka had a say in it.

I have no idea actually what Oda Eiichiro actually did as an assistant during that arc. From what I understand most assistants just help do the inking, but its possible he could have had more to do with it since he IS Oda =P.

And yea, the fillers were stupid. The name of the style was Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu. That arc of fillers actually wasn't THAT bad...
It was really bad when these europeans came and attacked and Kenshin started losing to this white guy on a horse who used a lance - that was the stupidest thing I ever saw.

Rampages
April 01, 2006, 03:36 AM
Bottom line, no to the topics question by popularity.

venicia777
April 30, 2006, 05:44 PM
One thing slightly different with Naruto is that the anime fan base hasnt diminished to the extent displayed in RK anime. For one, the animators made a smart decision, i am sure they had the consort of kishimoto and the manga crew, by announcing to the naruto fan base that about a year worth of fillers was going to follow after the Retrieve sasuke arc.

Even though most fans still complain about the continuation of fillers, and some have stopped watching fillers, about the same population of fans before fillers began are waiting for the anime to reconcile with the manga.

kadoman
July 15, 2006, 03:38 PM
Well, according to Kishi in the latest interview (Anime Profiles ep 1-37) he says he is "absolutely, very much" influenced by the anime when he is drawing the manga! He also says he is looking forward to working with the animation team one day in creating a special episode.

I've always argued Kishi doesn't have a hand in the anime, but in light of this recent information, I think that might be slightly thrown out the window! :D

Rampages
July 15, 2006, 05:34 PM
I've always argued Kishi doesn't have a hand in the anime, but in light of this recent information, I think that might be slightly thrown out the window! :D

Actually, it means the anime might have a hand in kishimoto's manga :p

Tanuki-dono
November 21, 2006, 12:30 AM

Hell, yeah. If there's no *cough*Yondaime*cough* soon, my tantrum will be enough to shake the earth's foundation!

Oh, and to state my opinion about Kishimoto and the anime, it seems to be that he is influenced more by the animation, as his artwork has changed in the ways of movement and setup. In fact, when you think on especially the most recent chapters of the manga, one might come to the conclusion that they will translate beautifully into animation, especially some aspects of the meeting with Sasuke (like when Naruto is running down the tunnel, etc). :D

kyubisharingan
February 08, 2007, 06:13 PM
hmm...well i think he does...kinda. kishi has to b there to make sure the fillers dont have anything to do with future chapters

venicia777
February 08, 2007, 07:23 PM
That is partly true especially if an existing character is going to be given new jutsus that Kishi may not approve of.

But honestly-- since the anime is made for TV and isnt an adaptation-- kishi may not have to do much since the original script has already been provided (the manga). Anyways-- i am glad Kishi has actually announced that he may play a role in future with the animators.