PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the 7th shichibukai

Paz42
April 25, 2007, 06:25 AM
Well as we all know the shichibukai or the "7" warlords of the sea and so far we have been introduced to 6

Dracule "Hawk Eye" Mihawk
Sir Crocodile (well ex memeber now)
Donquixote Doflamingo
Bartholomew Kuma
Gecko Moria
Jimbei

so there is still a 7th memeber out there and i was wondering if any one had any ideas as to what kind of pirate they are going to be or even what you would like them to be such as their animal theme devil fruit general attitude.

OP_overlord
April 25, 2007, 09:49 PM
well there are technically 2 more open postions but i think that BB will take that cause that is his goal (so you are right one more that we dont know about)

it should/has to be a woman she can use insect to attack and what not because that is one of the only animal type left

mugen
April 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
well BB taking a position is ...
not possible....
he doesn't have an animal theme...
and it would be lame to make one for him .......
anyways
the new one might possibly the most powerful....
meaninh he could be stronger than hawkeyes but I doubt it....
and do the shichibukai even have crews?

Jester_Rogue
April 25, 2007, 10:45 PM
Oh yea the shichibukai have an animal theme I didn't even really notice that

OP_overlord
April 25, 2007, 10:51 PM
no the shichibukai "don't" have crews they are single pirates that work for the gov but they still retain the respect and fear of their old crew like flamingo does and croc made his own crew and so did gekko but mihawk goes it alone so it is what ever you wanna do as a warlord of the sea

Jester_Rogue
April 25, 2007, 11:09 PM
wait Mihawk is a mameber of the shichibukai! I thought he was a part of Shanks crew

Anti-panda
April 25, 2007, 11:42 PM
You know who does fit the animal theme...
Monkey D. Luffy.

But That will NEVER happen.
He wouldn't do it. But I think the next shinchibukai will be ... maybe a Black widow .. or preying mantis themed WOMAN... because It's a man's world .. But james brown is dead ... so we need a female shinchibukai. I choose those two because they are notorious among the insect kingdom for using a male ... then killing him. It'd be kinda cool to see a paramecium type DF user among the shinchibukai ... but then again I'm sure anything oda will come up with will be better than what I can.

Shojin
April 26, 2007, 03:31 PM
^I agree, a female shinchibukai does sound cooler since it does add more variety. :amuse

mugen
April 26, 2007, 03:43 PM
yeah but so far there has only been one female....
and she wasn't very strong......
anyways I doubt that ....
but maybe the new one will be perhaps a .....
kitten theme

Paz42
April 26, 2007, 05:03 PM
i like the idea of an insect or spider themed female member. rather then her being uber powerful she has alot of powerful men under her control useing some form of scent or somthing similar maybe another one of the flying type DF's a zoan type that can make her wasp or bee or spider like i think that could be coool

Crenzel
April 26, 2007, 05:24 PM
I was just reading the thread about Luffy's mother and she could be a possible candidate for the 7th shichibukai.

She's remained rather mysterious throughout the entire series. An important character like Luffy's mother remaining unknown must raise a few questions right? Provided we see her later on, Oda probably wants his viewers to be shocked and amazed at her introduction. So, her being introduced as a shichibukai might cater to that perfectly.

It also then puts every known member of Luffy's family in a one of the categories of power.
Luffy, Ace = Pirates
Dragon = Revolutionary Leader
Garp = Marine Vice-Admiral
Luffy's mother = Shichibukai .. kinda fits

Though there is nobody to fill the Yonkou position, she may be able to fill that instead.

Also, since we don't know her name, she may very well fit the animal theme of the shichibukai :)

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone has already thought of this theory but if there is, my apologies for stealing it. D:

Dark soul within
April 26, 2007, 06:25 PM
I was just reading the thread about Luffy's mother and she could be a possible candidate for the 7th shichibukai.

She's remained rather mysterious throughout the entire series. An important character like Luffy's mother remaining unknown must raise a few questions right? Provided we see her later on, Oda probably wants his viewers to be shocked and amazed at her introduction. So, her being introduced as a shichibukai might cater to that perfectly.

It also then puts every known member of Luffy's family in a one of the categories of power.
Luffy, Ace = Pirates
Dragon = Revolutionary Leader
Garp = Marine Vice-Admiral
Luffy's mother = Shichibukai .. kinda fits

Though there is nobody to fill the Yonkou position, she may be able to fill that instead.

Also, since we don't know her name, she may very well fit the animal theme of the shichibukai :)

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone has already thought of this theory but if there is, my apologies for stealing it. D:

I thin that would be really cool if your theory panned out. An insect themed female shichibukai would be really interesting...I'm having trouble atm thinking of other poss themes, but then again it's really late & i'm shattered...I can only think of themes i don't think the 7th shichibukai will be.

Like I don't think he/she will have a bird theme (there's already 2 members with bird themes), or a reptile theme (also 2 reptile themed members even if one is no longer around), and I can't see the 7th shichibukai having any kind of fish, cat or dog/wolf based theme. It will be something more original than these themes i feel, which is why the insect theme appeals to me atm

Paz42
April 26, 2007, 06:44 PM
ye i agree i mean we have had bird lizard cat fish dog based bad guys but we have never had an insect one i would really like to see that and i agree that it is a possobiltie for luffys mum think it would be cool

Dark soul within
April 26, 2007, 06:54 PM
I would rather just see something original than have a theme that has been seen before be repeated.

OP_overlord
April 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
oda is always original but he does like to have themes as we see in the shichibukai ranks

my insect theory was based on the fact that they have
a bird- flamingo
two reptiles- croc, and gekko
a mamil - kuma the bear
fish - jembei the whale shark

and the admirals are also animal themed so they have to be taken into consideration the dog monkey and one other one
and sengoku hangs around with a pelican and a goat

amar_kun
April 27, 2007, 05:58 AM
i kinda agree with Crenzel's prediction. it would be fun if the next sichibukai is: a woman, and she is luffy's mother. what a hell of a family!! lol!

the father is the leader of the revolutionarist, a sichibukai mom, a vice admiral grand dad, a right hand of younkyou as a brother.. kinda fits for him as the next candidate for the pirate king

Absolutio
April 27, 2007, 04:02 PM
It will be cool if luffy's mother is the 7th shichibukai, but before we make predictions on the 7th, we dont actually know anything about most of the remaining 6 (or 5) :p

Anti-panda
April 27, 2007, 04:43 PM
I bet if oda has waited this long to even mention a 6th shinchibukai .. well by the time he gets around to the last "7th" one It'll have to be something HUGE.

OP_overlord
April 27, 2007, 10:58 PM
i would like to learn more about the other shichibukai like absultuio said
all we know about kuma and jembie are there names
and not much more about flamingo and mihawk

Paz42
April 28, 2007, 07:16 AM
ye i think because there pirates that work for the world govermant then they have this kinda charm about them and its like im really curious about there back stories mihawk speacily

Absolutio
April 28, 2007, 09:16 AM
we know mihawk story more or less, or more like fragments of it. would be nice if oda made gaidens of all of the shichibukai sometime =P

OP_overlord
April 28, 2007, 04:54 PM
yeah we only know about two things from his past and he is possiable the shichibukai that we know the most about

Anti-panda
April 30, 2007, 12:56 AM
I know the shinchibukai are popular and all but i have a feeling the yonkou are going to be more interesting...

Mihawk is the shinchibukai we know the most about ... I'd kinda like to see a face to face between him and whitebeard.. we don't know what terms he left whitebeards crew on but whitebeard had no problem mentioning his name when he talked to shanks so i'd assume they parted on good terms.

sahugani
April 30, 2007, 01:16 AM
since this is a thread about the final unseen shichibukai, lets get back to that. I really like the theory that it is a woman as so far there is a lack thereof in the shichibukai, yonkou and marine admirals as far as we know. However i doubt that she is Luffy's mother as has been suggested earlier. It would kind of screw up alot of aspects of Luffy's relationships and connections. my reasoning for this is highly theoretical and too extensive for me to put together at this point but i will say that it would kind of screw up the theme behind Luffy's destiny as it would shift his predisposition to piracy to his blood instead of his will, thus taking away Shanks' influence a bit as the reason.

regarding Mihawk, when was it said that he was part of Whitebeard's crew? i don't think that was actually the case as the Shichibukai were likely all captains of their own before they joined the WG. I would like to see him return into the story at some point as well though.

Anti-panda
April 30, 2007, 03:28 PM
since this is a thread about the final unseen shichibukai, lets get back to that. I really like the theory that it is a woman as so far there is a lack thereof in the shichibukai, yonkou and marine admirals as far as we know. However i doubt that she is Luffy's mother as has been suggested earlier. It would kind of screw up alot of aspects of Luffy's relationships and connections. my reasoning for this is highly theoretical and too extensive for me to put together at this point but i will say that it would kind of screw up the theme behind Luffy's destiny as it would shift his predisposition to piracy to his blood instead of his will, thus taking away Shanks' influence a bit as the reason.

regarding Mihawk, when was it said that he was part of Whitebeard's crew? i don't think that was actually the case as the Shichibukai were likely all captains of their own before they joined the WG. I would like to see him return into the story at some point as well though.

First off his disposition towards piracy would only change if he knew his mother before hand.. he didn't even know his father. Plus that would cover all the bases. His grandfather is a vice-admiral , his father is a world govt hating revolutionary leader, and His mother would be one of the four greatest pirates. That'd be cool.

Secondly Mihawk was a member of whitebeards crew because whitebeard talked about his fights against Gol D. Roger's crew and in the same breath he mentioned the Duels between shanks and mihawk and how he remembered them fondly. So if shanks was on Gol's crew and he was fighting mihawk ... guess who's crew mihawk was on??? Yep Whitebeard.
Thou it wouldn't surprise me if he eventually worked his way up to fleet admiral .. or whatever rank ace is now under whitebeard before he left.

Crenzel
April 30, 2007, 06:11 PM
@sahugani
Firstly, nice to see you on the tree of knowledge :)
Anyway, we don't know if Luffy was raised by his mother or not. It hasn't been stated. If he was raised by her then yes, she would have a great influence on his choice towards piracy. However, if she didn't, then Shanks' influence on Luffy would not be diminished at all as he doesn't know what his mother is doing. If that's your reasoning then, Ace's departure to become a pirate would also influence Luffy's choice to become one even though the incident with Shanks was before that. Seeing his brother leave to become a pirate maybe have had an impact on Luffy and pushed him further to become a pirate. My gut feeling is that she isn't one of the shichibukai or yonkou but I don't know why I feel that way :(
I was simply saying that it is a possibility.

@Anti-panda
If you could provide the chapter where that was said then it'll help us believe your statement ><
I honestly can't recall that :(
Mihawk could have been in another crew and still fought Shanks right?

sahugani
April 30, 2007, 07:13 PM
my argument about how having piracy in his blood is aplicable regardless of whether he knew her. being destined by blood implies that he was predestined without any influence from upbringing, so he would not have had to know her. granted this isn't my best reasoning ever, but we know absolutely nothing about Luffy's mom or the 7th shichibukai, so i'm going with my gut

also about Mihawk. just because Whitebeard remembered the duel fondly doesn't mean Mihawk was part of his crew. the two were both highly skiled up and coming swordsmen, so a duel between them would have been a big deal no matter what crew they were in

Crenzel
May 01, 2007, 03:37 AM
ahh I see what you mean. In that case, your reasoning does make a lot of sense. To further elaborate that thought of yours sahugani, Luffy's grown up going against the World Government like his father. There's some extra reasoning for you. Assuming this works on immediate family only since Luffy's grandpa is in the marines.

Paz42
May 10, 2007, 05:50 AM
Id really like the 7th to be female you know because we havent really seen that many strong female pirates in the world of OP. So far we have had Alvida who hasnt played much part in the series since her appearance in lougetown and some lower memebers of other crews. No one thats been really a huge story point so i think its time we got somone like that.

On the subject of her being luffys mom, im not sure i think that would be to predictable you know oda's a master story teller and keeps us all guessing til the last momment. I think luffys mom is going to play a part in the story somewhere along the line but how large that part is another question.

hollowfied
October 16, 2007, 05:58 AM
Mihawk was definitely not in Whitebeard's crew.

Deserting his crew is considered an offense, and seeing as he isn't there any more, and has taken up a high position within the World government (Shichibukai being in collaboration with the WG), I can see Whitebeard reacting quite angrily to this. I don't see why the World government would want to do anything to provoke Whitebeard.

Anyway which shichibukai have we seen so far -

Sir Crocodile - control over sand (ex shichibukai)
Dracule 'Hawkeyes' Mihawk - strongest swordsman in the world
Gecko Moria - ability to control shadows
Doflamingo - possibly mind control powers
Kuma - teleportation
Blackbeard - darkness
Jimbei - unknown
Unknown 7th member

Quite a formidable group, I'd say.

Absolutio
October 16, 2007, 07:01 AM
well donflamingo is more like a human puppeteer than mind conroller. his crewman that he controlled was aware of the situation and tried to resist or talk donflamingo out of it.
And yes, they are 1/3 of the 3 great powers of the world of course =D

Impel Down
October 16, 2007, 03:01 PM
Oda will be the 7th Shichibukai. He has the manga manga no mi and can make whatever he wants to happen to the storyline happen, making him unstoppable.

Absolutio
October 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
lol to that! :D though it aint possible, since devil fruits' names have a 4 letters limit.. and manga is 5.. =D

Impel Down
October 16, 2007, 08:03 PM
there's no limit...I'm sure they could have one that flows and has five letters. In fact, I'll go see if there IS one with 5!

*after looking*
SHARi SHARi NO FUCKiNG ME! I think there's a clear winner here today.

Freakzin
October 16, 2007, 09:01 PM
what is shari shari no mi?

Absolutio
October 17, 2007, 08:13 AM
yea, what is it? :O

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 10:13 AM
In the manga, Franky fought one of the 200 captains, and one of them ate the Shari Shari no mi and could spin. It's in the Yellow Data Book.

Absolutio
October 17, 2007, 10:32 AM
How do you know stuffs from the yellow data book?! It haven't been scanlated yet! :(

Stay on topic, guys.

hollowfied
October 17, 2007, 10:52 AM
I believe the 7th shichibukai will be a woman.

No idea what abilities or powers she might possess though, possibly a long ranged fighter?

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I agree that the 7th should be a woman. Oda always has at least one woman in the Shichibukai.

And of course, she will be hot.

Imitorar
October 17, 2007, 07:54 PM
You mean the bowling ball guy, Impel? And yeah, there should be a female Shichibukai. Since there WERE female pirates, and there really haven't been any in One Piece except for Nami, Robin, and Alvida, so one should get a very prominent position, such as that of a Shichibukai. The Yonko are all male, though. This is a man's world. And I just can't see a woman as a Yonko. There are strong female fighters in One Piece (look at Nami and Robin. And what about Hina, or Califa?), but I don't think any woman COULD be strong enough to be a Yonko. Biologically, I mean.

d3d3n
October 18, 2007, 01:18 AM
BB ( what's his name i forgot?) doesn't have an animal thame in his name.
or, when someone join shicibukai, his been giving a new name with animal thame?

hollowfied
October 18, 2007, 06:34 AM
Nah

I think the animal theme is just for the old members.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 08:09 AM
I don't think BB will get an animal theme, since in the eyes of the readers, he's not a TRUE Shichibukai.

And Imi, no, I don't mean the ball guy.

hollowfied
October 18, 2007, 08:41 AM
Maybe Kaidoh is a woman, and shes the 7th shichibukai =)

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 08:53 AM
I still don't see why Moria would have fought with another Shichibukai, and in the ocean where the battle for PK is being fought, and not be harassed by the WG for it.

Absolutio
October 18, 2007, 08:56 AM
He wanted that shichibukai's shadow perhaps? There could be tons of reasons.. The Shichibukai's aren't WG soldeirs, they are simply pirates who got the approval of the WG to do w/e they do - but give them some share of their profits.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 09:19 AM
But they don't consent to them fighting, I'd think. And if he'd wanted his shadow, why in the New World? He can only effectively take shadows when he's in the fog, back in the 1st Half.

hollowfied
October 18, 2007, 09:20 AM
Or maybe it was before he or/and Kaidoh became Shichibukai?

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 09:21 AM
I suppose that is possible as well. But...I just...when I heard "Kaidou", my mind flashed back to the Yonkou with the long mustache. It just seems to fit.

hollowfied
October 18, 2007, 09:23 AM
..and I my mind flashed to the Prince of Tennis player ;)

-off topic-

Anyway is Kaidoh a male name?

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
I think he called Kaidou male, so he's male anyway.

MDLatqp
October 18, 2007, 08:15 PM
...Oda always has at least one woman in the Shichibukai...

Are there other Shichibukai organizations or something that I don't know about? lol

Perhaps you meant "...always has at least one woman in his groups." or something. In most pirate crews, in CP9, in the marines, etc, there always do seem to be women present, so I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 08:30 PM
Oops, sorry.

I mean that Oda always has at least one woman in an enemy's group.

ahfei
October 28, 2007, 06:29 PM
Oops, sorry.

I mean that Oda always has at least one woman in an enemy's group.

So that sanji can't fight her

Imitorar
October 28, 2007, 06:55 PM
I actually have a theory that the 7th Shichibukai is... Foxy the Silver Fox. I have some support for this. See, whenever Luffy makes a "transformation" and becomes another form, it's when he fights a Shichibukai. Water Luffy when he fought Crocodile, Nightmare Luffy when he fought Moria... And the legendary Afro Luffy when he fought Foxy. Also, he's got the animal theme. There's never been a character in the series with an animal theme who wasn't a Shichibukai. Except for Bellamy the Hyena, that is, and he was part of a Shichibukai's former crew, so it evened out. This is actually support for my backup theory that if Foxy isn't actually a Shichibukai, he's at least a former crew-mate of one. And Captain Kuro also sort of had an animal theme, but he himself didn't act or look like a black cat, really. And he didn't have a transformation bit either. Plus, I think it'd be very Oda-ish to surprise us by finding out that a seemingly pathetic guy like Foxy was/was a crew-mate of the 7th Shichibukai. So in short, I actually believe that Foxy was the 7th Shichibukai, or at least, the former crew-mate of the 7th Shichibukai. And I know this may seem unlikely, it's just something I thought of this weekend, a random theory I came up with, there is certainly a good case to be made for Foxy not being a Shichibukai.

Absolutio
October 28, 2007, 06:59 PM
If it's true, not only would it be surprising, but awesome as well! :D
Foxy is one of my fav chars.. =D But I doubt that.. He's too weak, so maybe he's a former crew-member..

hollowfied
October 29, 2007, 06:04 AM
Hes wayy too weak to be a shichibukai.

His crew sucked as well, hes not famous enough to be a shichibukai, hes probably weaker then Arlong =\

Paz42
October 29, 2007, 07:48 AM
i think something would have been said if Foxy was on of the shichibukai as robin seams to know who most of them are she knew of moria just by the mention of his name and she did work for sir crocodile so maybe he filled her in on all of his fellow shichibukai.

Id like to think that once we get to the end of the current arc seeing as we have two shichibukai making a appearance in this arc the crew will ask Robin who else they are going to come up against while on their travels i know this is quite unlikely as it would be reviling alot about whats coming up and Oda sensai just doesnt like to do that.

Also im still likeing the idea of a female member would add just a little bit of diversity and if she is really powerful as the rest of the shichibukai are then i dont see luffy takeing out every one of them so maybe it will finally be time for sanji to battle a women seriously for his life maybe just a thought

hollowfied
October 29, 2007, 09:57 AM
lol Sanji battling a woman seriously?

NEVER!

Absolutio
October 29, 2007, 10:18 AM
Yea.. Sanji won't do that.. He'll rather die.. :o

KyleUchiha
October 29, 2007, 03:58 PM
He might battle a girl if she didn't look like a girl or if he didn't know it was a girl.

But if there is a girl in the Shichibukai, I wonder what she would look like? Would she look "normal" or will she have some crazy look like Moria?

Absolutio
October 29, 2007, 08:54 PM
She will be hawt! Oda is a master when it becomes to drawing women.. ;)

Imitorar
October 29, 2007, 09:41 PM
He also drew Kokoro and Lola, though. So hawtness isn't a sure thing. And by the way, I mentioned that Foxy could possibly be a former crew-mate of a Shichibukai. When I think about it, that makes more sense, if anything.

Absolutio
October 29, 2007, 09:44 PM
And I mentioned that I would like that a lot!
Foxy pwns.. :p The davy back fight was one hell of a funny arc =D

arcrouma
November 19, 2007, 11:49 PM
Foxy appeared in anime as a loser again
He won't be a shichibukai
I think the 7th is a woman

MrStrawHat
November 28, 2007, 09:37 PM
7th might be a woman, but if animal theme, I am personally looking forward to a snake shichibukai! or Frog! hehehe...... and I would LOVE a Woman snake/Frog. Luffy transforms in CP9 saga,(GEARS) but they are not Shichibukai....... and they got the animal theme going on, too! WEIRD!

Impel Down
November 29, 2007, 08:50 AM
Well, their animal themes are mostly based on their DF abilities, so that doesn't totally count as it did for the Shichibukai, who get the titles from their clothes and personality, except for Gecko Moria, although Gekkou is Japanese for moonlight.

DutchPhoenix
November 29, 2007, 10:51 AM
i think 7th shichibukai is magma man ^^

Imitorar
November 29, 2007, 11:18 AM
But that would be the same as Ace's power, more or less. It wouldn't be a paramecia, since he'd be turning into something, and it's certainly not a Zoan. The fire-control power is already taken by Ace, there won't be another one in the series.

Impel Down
November 29, 2007, 12:22 PM
The fire-control power is already taken by Ace, there won't be another one in the series.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/ImpelDown/200px-Don_Achino.png

But to the idea of the next Shichibukai, it will most likely be a DF user, nothing else. And I kinda hope not for a Logia, but just a really creative Paramecia, because people need to see that Logia's are not always the greatest power in the world.

And having a Zoan in the Shichibukai...I dunno, they'd better be a lion or something.

Razh
November 29, 2007, 12:22 PM
7th might be a woman, but if animal theme, I am personally looking forward to a snake shichibukai! or Frog! hehehe...... and I would LOVE a Woman snake/Frog. Luffy transforms in CP9 saga,(GEARS) but they are not Shichibukai....... and they got the animal theme going on, too! WEIRD!

It's interesting really. Earlier today I was thinking that the last Shichibukai could be a snake zoan type. With a name like Python or something. But now I'm thinking he could have a bird fruit...
I wonder if the last one is a loner type like Mihawk, or he has a large crew.

Maybe the last Shichibukai is some former member of Roger's crew. Possibly betrayed him and in return, was proclaimed a Shichibukai. I don't know...

There's one more idea though. Buggy!!! Yeah funny I know.
Still, he goes through Grand Line without any problems, which indicates that he's stronger than it seems, and I'm still not quite clear how he and his crew escaped from Smoker. Maybe they were let off...
I don't think this is true though.

Absolutio
November 29, 2007, 12:38 PM
I think that the last shichibukai might be a legendary sniper with awesome skills, and might have a zoan-bird type fruit, which will make him/her a real threat and hard to defeat.

Imitorar
November 29, 2007, 12:55 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/ImpelDown/200px-Don_Achino.png

Don Acchino is an anime filler character, he doesn't count. And I was upset about that, actually, if you look in the "Latest Episodes Discussion" thread. And I think a Zoan type Devil Fruit should be used by the 7th Shichibukai, because all the other Shichibukai we know of use a Paramecia, with the exceptions of Crocodile and Blackbeard, who use/d Logias. But that still leaves a majority using Paramecia, if any Devil Fruit at all. But the problem with a Zoan would be that the connection to the animal theme would be way too obvious. Then again, that's not a problem, since Jimbei's theme is so obvious it's a joke.

Or actually, the 7th Shichibukai might not even be a Devil Fruit user at all. Mihawk and Jimbei aren't, for all we know. I doubt a fishman like Jimbei would eat a Devil Fruit, since he'd lose his major advantage over enemies (practically invincible in water). And Mihawk is the greatest swordsman in the world, so using a Devil Fruit would corrupt his swordsmanship, plus, I REALLY doubt he needs it. Actually, I like the idea of the 7th Shichibukai not being a Devil Fruit user better. It'd give Oda the opportunity to come up with his own fighting style for the 7th Shichibukai.

hollowfied
November 29, 2007, 06:20 PM
I too hope that the 7th Shichibukai isn't a DF user.

A woman is a possibility..with an insect theme. That'd be pretty cool.

Absolutio
November 29, 2007, 06:57 PM
Insect women? That's gross.. :s But I too think that the 7th will be a feminine appearance. BTW, is it confirmed that Jimbei is a male? :o

Imitorar
November 29, 2007, 07:09 PM
BTW, is it confirmed that Jimbei is a male? :o

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure. He MIGHT have been referred to as a "he" in the Arlong arc, but the scanlations for basically everything until volume 22 when Null took over suck, so I can't trust them. And I don't have time now to get the episode from the very reliable Kaizoku-Fansubs. But Jimbei HAS to be male. He's a freaking whale shark. Can you imagine what a whale shark would look like crossed with a woman?! Though Oda being Oda, I can totally see him making Jimbei turn out to be a woman, unless he was actually confirmed as a he in the Arlong arc, which I'm pretty sure of.

Absolutio
November 29, 2007, 07:12 PM
I dunno.. Although it is reasonable for Jimbei to be a male.. I don't think that it has ever been confirmed.. In fact, the only mentioning we have about him/her is as you said, from the arlong arc, with the statement of arlong "considered to be "equal" to Jimbei, one of the famous Shichibukais of the grand line, but left the crew to conquer the east blue". More or less... :s I wonder how Viz translated it.. :s

hollowfied
November 30, 2007, 06:41 AM
Arlong was Jimbei's subordinate, not his equal.

Absolutio
November 30, 2007, 07:01 AM
The translation said his equal or something like that.. Not his subordinate.. There were several threads and arguments about that.. And the solutions were something like "It's either arlong WAS his equal.. Meaning they grew up together - being equals.. Or I think that it's either arlong is trying to get on equal standings with Jimbei.. Not too sure though.. I'll leave the job of figuring it out to mighty Imitorar..

weixiaobao
November 30, 2007, 07:55 AM
i was thinking we need a female shichibukai with maybe with a dragonfly as an animal theme, with wind theme for a devil fruit ..

Edit: i'm pretty much steal idea from hollowfield :rofl

hollowfied
November 30, 2007, 08:52 AM
I recall reading somewhere that Arlong was commander of Jimbei's Fishman forces..perhaps Jimbei has human and giant forces as well? I don't know..but its hard to see how a 20 million belli pirate who was operating in the East Blue weakest of the 5 seas was an equal of a Shichibukai. I mean, everyone is assuming Crocodile is the weakest of the 7..yet, his powers still far exceeded that of Arlongs.

Imitorar
November 30, 2007, 10:18 AM
I still like what Wikipedia said on the subject: That either Arlong WAS Jimbei's equal once, but one went to East Blue and didn't really get stronger, and the other hung around the Grand Line longer, got alot stronger, and became a Shichibukai. Or, that they're equal by some fishman cultural ranking, but not in actual strength, or that they consider each other equals because they were once crew-mates. I like the first best, honestly, but the second is good too. The third I'm not too fond of, but that's a personal opinion.

But either way, this is going off-topic. Further discussion of the relationship between Jimbei and Arlong belongs in the Jimbei Discussion Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6260), so if you want to discuss the matter further, please do it there.

Impel Down
December 01, 2007, 12:55 PM
Just throwing it out there, Arlong was like his best friend or First Mate or something. That's all I'll say on the subject of Jimbei here.

But for the next Shichibukai, a Wind DF just sounds way too powerful, and that's one of Dragon's powers anyway. And looking at themes, it doesn't seem like there's a pattern with the animals, since there's a fish, a reptile, an amphibian, a mammal, and two birds. So that method of guessing is out, although, an insect or a bug of any kind might be thought of next, because Flamingo could be for flightless bird and Hawk is for flying bird.

Tsukisama
December 01, 2007, 02:02 PM
Actually, flamingos are capable of flight.

I agree that a female shichibukai is a good choice. I was thinking she should be butterfly-themed and have powers relating to flowers or plants. Robin's DF is reminiscent of flowers, but I don't think it would be cutting into her territory too much to have a DF user who controlled flowers, especially roses or sakura, as they are commonly used as elemental-type powers in manga and anime.

Impel Down
December 02, 2007, 12:16 PM
Actually, flamingos are capable of flight.

I agree that a female shichibukai is a good choice. I was thinking she should be butterfly-themed and have powers relating to flowers or plants. Robin's DF is reminiscent of flowers, but I don't think it would be cutting into her territory too much to have a DF user who controlled flowers, especially roses or sakura, as they are commonly used as elemental-type powers in manga and anime.

Oh.

But having a female Shichibukai who controls flowers? Isn't that kinda sexist?

Oh the powerful pirate killer is a WOMAN? She must only use flowers and butterflies.

If she IS a bug-themed Shichibukai, I think a spider would seem right.

Imitorar
December 02, 2007, 02:04 PM
^Dude, Byakuya Kuchiki's Bankai consists of controlling cherry blossoms. Flowers aren't necessarily girly and un-badass. And no comments on how Byakuya is a bishie, so his masculinity is under suspicion...

But I don't know if Oda is trying to get one Shichibukai for each type of animal, so I don't think you can use that to predict what sort of animal theme the 7th Shichibukai will have. But an insect theme would be interesting. Especially since females in manga/anime tend to be deathly afraid of insects. And then if Nami had to fight this Shichibukai...

Absolutio
December 02, 2007, 04:31 PM
^Dude, Byakuya Kuchiki's Bankai consists of controlling cherry blossoms. Flowers aren't necessarily girly and un-badass. And no comments on how Byakuya is a bishie, so his masculinity is under suspicion...

But I don't know if Oda is trying to get one Shichibukai for each type of animal, so I don't think you can use that to predict what sort of animal theme the 7th Shichibukai will have. But an insect theme would be interesting. Especially since females in manga/anime tend to be deathly afraid of insects. And then if Nami had to fight this Shichibukai...

I think Nami is scarier than any insect or insect-woman in OP world.. :$ But that's just me.. :p

Would be cool though to see a "chick fight" of the SHs and a shichibukai.. But I doubt that Nami will be equal to a shichibukai any time soon.. So maybe Nami+Robin combo..