PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 273 Review by Gigantor21

gigantor21
April 27, 2007, 07:05 AM
273. DOG Eat DOG

Another transitional chapter, eh? Well, it wasn’t too bad, I guess…

We start with Grimmjow dispensing some street justice on the resident cannon fodder sluts, Loli and Menoli. To be frank, I’ve never been so satisfied to see a scene stretched out for time. That’s what they fucking get for torturing my second favorite character—though I doubt anyone would’ve cared if they’d been offed for no reason, since this is the most important thing they’ve ever done.

But, as it turns out, Grimmjow wants Orihime to do him another favor. But what? Healing Ichigo seems to be the best option, though helping her get rid of the Hougyoku to get back at Aizen is another (unlikely as it sounds).

Then, we got expository dialogue between Zaeruapollo and Ishida for the rest of the chapter. The last 4 pages, however, were quite intriguing. That panel where Zaeruapollo flipped out while yelling “A QUINCY!!!1” was fucking creepy, and completely contradicted the cool demeanor we’re used to seeing from him. Ishida also seemed rather insulted when he called Chirruchi a whore, considering how pissed he looked when he Hirenkyaku’d behind Apollo.

Judging from Apollo’s reaction, it seems like Ishida will be much tougher to beat. I don’t know if he’ll beat Apollo, but if Rukia could beat #9 without Bankai then anything’s possible here.

All in all, this was a pretty interesting chapter, but it didn’t move the story forward much. I’m expecting more to happen next week.

Rating – 3.5 out of 5 (Good)

Quartz-pebble
April 27, 2007, 10:54 PM
Good review.

It was a good chapter, but yeah, really didn't futher the story at all. More of a direct continuation of last week. Apollo is still my favorite so far, being cool, yet having spaz-bursts. I think Ishida will indeed give him a run for his money.

Ha, I bet he'll make a split second move and get a chunk of himself blown off, then pull some Mayuri-shit and regenerate.

gigantor21
April 27, 2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks! I was wondering when someone would post.

I really hope that doesn't happen. If Ishida does blow a chunk out of him, then it needs to stay out. Better yet, he could just shoot him in the head this time--but then again, no one in Bleach makes head shots. Too easy and too lethal.

Apollo is still my favorite, too, for those same reasons. I also agree that Ishida's going to at least push him, though--maybe even enough to release. The prospects aren't very good after that, though.

Sarmad
April 28, 2007, 05:07 AM
Fantastic Review as always, though the chapter wasn't quite the best material for a great review! ^^

However there was this little something that bugged me. Namely Grimmjow treating Inoue like that, after killing off Loli and Moli or whatever their stupid names were! I felt like killing him too XD
That mofo!!

Luckas
April 28, 2007, 05:08 AM
I am not too fond of this chapter, I liked the reason Kubo give us for Grimjow behaviour in the previous chapter, and I fear Ishida got too easy behind Apollo I smell a trap. And even if expected I was unhappy that we didn't know what happened to Ichigo.
But maybe my judgment it isthis way because I didn't liked Bleach episode 123,

gigantor21
April 28, 2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I didn't expect Kubo to give us an update on Ichigo this soon. I'm sure he knows that people are expecting either Zangetsu or Hollow Ichigo to make another comeback, so I was also sure he'd leave us hanging.

But the fact that it was a direct continuation of last week, like Q-P said, made it seem rather uneventful. I would've liked to see an angle Kubo hasn't touched on for a while, like Chad and Rukia's fates or who Noritora was going after.

Istaria
April 29, 2007, 12:54 AM
ah, it never occured to me that grimmy might want orihime to heal ichigo! but now that you mention it, it is possible ...

and zaeruapollo's outburst was indeed very creepy, if it werent for his glasses i dont think i woulda known it was him in that panel:P

hopefully the tides are turning back a bit and the whitehats can get some more points in their column ...

gigantor21
April 29, 2007, 11:32 AM
I'm not keeping my hopes up, to be honest. Even if Renji and Ishida do beat Zaeruapollo, we still have the top 5 alive and kicking. Hell, most of them haven't even fought yet (assuming Noritora is in that group). So the only way they'd be of any real use is if they took everyone and left.

And while we're on the topic, how are they supposed to leave? Urahara didn't say anything about that...

Quartz-pebble
April 30, 2007, 10:43 AM
And while we're on the topic, how are they supposed to leave? Urahara didn't say anything about that...

I'm still under the assumption that they'll be thrown out like trash. I expect Aizen to do so himself, seeing that most of the lower Espada are doing the exact opposite of what he told them, to simply wait in their rooms for the intruders to come. A'niero led Rukia to his room and attempted to kill her, Noitora half-killed Chad and then got bored, Apollo set traps to snag someone, and Grimmjow seems to be doing whatever the hell he wants. Only Ulquiorra seemed to be waiting, aside from Stark, Halibel, Old guy, and Black dude. This would seem to prove my theory that Noitora is indeed No.7.

On that note, where the hell is Yami?

gigantor21
April 30, 2007, 02:14 PM
Yammy probably won't be around for a while, now that there are a few characters around that would force him to release. And unlike Grimmjow or Ulquiorra, Ichigo can definitely kick his ass in the 11 seconds he can use the mask, so there's no point in giving him anymore wins. I'm still hoping for a rematch between him and Chad during the War, though.

And I'll have to disagree on Noritora being 7th. I wouldn't be able to stomach the idea of Kubo stringing us along like that, only to find out he's one rank below Grimmjow. I still think he's ranked in the top 3.

Quartz-pebble
April 30, 2007, 10:49 PM
And I'll have to disagree on Noritora being 7th. I wouldn't be able to stomach the idea of Kubo stringing us along like that, only to find out he's one rank below Grimmjow. I still think he's ranked in the top 3.

You think so? Maybe. It's just that the unranked Espada are all being good little Arrancar, except for Noitora, who's going from place to place kicking ass. So far, all the lower Espada are seeming kinda unruly compared to the ones just sitting around.

gigantor21
May 01, 2007, 06:31 AM
You think so? Maybe. It's just that the unranked Espada are all being good little Arrancar, except for Noitora, who's going from place to place kicking ass. So far, all the lower Espada are seeming kinda unruly compared to the ones just sitting around.

That's why I think he's way up there--to buck that trend. If all of the strongest Espada are calm and cool, then it's no fun. We need a power hungry Zaraki-type to shake things up. Plus, it'd be cool if he actually had a shot at being the strongest. Considering how wide the power gap is between ranks, he'd HAVE to be ranked 2nd for that to pan out.

Quartz-pebble
May 01, 2007, 10:09 AM
That's why I think he's way up there--to buck that trend. If all of the strongest Espada are calm and cool, then it's no fun. We need a power hungry Zaraki-type to shake things up. Plus, it'd be cool if he actually had a shot at being the strongest. Considering how wide the power gap is between ranks, he'd HAVE to be ranked 2nd for that to pan out.

Touche. ;)

Athena
May 02, 2007, 05:53 PM
Long time no comment on your reviews. Nevertheless I always read them :)

I disagree with the grading (surprise surprise!) this was the single most violent chapter in bleach. It’s true that it did not advance the storyline but the torture part thingy made it for me. It's not that I’m a sick individual who enjoys watching people die but the very fact that grimmjow was portrait in such a way was so nice, so touching(!!) so exciting (etc...) that I almost forgot about everything else!

I’ll be looking forward to your next review :)