PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 248 Discussion/249 Prediction Thread

xi0
April 23, 2007, 08:27 AM
The Raw is out, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=373034)

Feel free to discuss the current chapter and make any predictions about the next chapter here.

ikuroi
April 23, 2007, 08:32 AM
cool chapter

Davox
April 23, 2007, 02:44 PM
Wow, that was an interesting chapter

As expected Katou snapped out of his daze and helped those people, but they were a little arrogant. Katou didn't have to save them they should all thank him like that girl. And wow an Osakan team member that isn't a complete douche, at least not immediately and also I have this to say HA! Now those vampires have to kill their alleged allies, breathe it in, that is the taste of sweet irony.

Oh and shouldn't the thread be 249 predictions?

xi0
April 23, 2007, 03:19 PM
Yes. LOL

2ndKurono
April 23, 2007, 03:44 PM
man,three weeks thats a long time,but this chap rocked i lake to see Katau geting back to his old strong and coward self,i want to see what that girl will do ,one thing for sure dont underestimate here...

the vampires are on our side,thats someting new,and not ordinary...

looks like the black dude with his leader went after those three on da ruff,which vvampires will be after,man good chap

ssjasper2003
April 23, 2007, 07:01 PM
When I was looking at the raw with the translations, I though katous head got ripped off cause I wasnt looking at the alien & just his body lol.

Interesting chapter, guess katou is gonna try & save as many people as he can or maybe the ones who ask for help.

Back to the old way of "sending" then. The vampires have some sort of alliance with the aliens so it makes me wonder what their plan is after finishing the mission. Since we all know that atleast 1 person will survive, hopefully.

The blonde dude might talk to them & fight/kill em in the next chapter or try to since he couldnt talk to that dino he sliced up.

2ndKurono
April 23, 2007, 11:32 PM
man Katau is a guy you just could not hate ,man tries to save everyone doesnt matter if his stronger he still goes for it,damn!i believe that he might revive Kei and when those two will be togheter oh my god!!!there will be trouble, but....

i think that if they will revive Kurono he will go straight back to the living world,cause he didnt die as a Ganzter ,maybe if Gantz lets him that will be fine......

vaiobob
April 24, 2007, 04:09 PM
I loved this chapter because it just went around confirming every theory I could come up with. First, Kurono is on the way back because otherwise I don't think they'd go around making posters of him. Second, Kato did the right thing. I was especially pleased with how this happened because if you look closely at his eyes after the person thanks him it seems that he finally has his edge back, something he didn't have until the end of the Buddha mission. Third, it looks like the vampires are on the team like it or not so it will be interesting to see the new team dynamics with them and the Osaka peopls added in.
I cannot wait for the next chapter to seewhat happens when the vamps confront the bosses and hopefully see where Takeshi and MR have been.

ssjasper2003
April 25, 2007, 12:11 AM
Actually I am wondering whats gonna happen when the osaka team meets the vampires. They probably met other ones before also.

3 way battle hopefully. Team osaka memebers - the 2 leaders vs vampires vs/+ the 3 aliens.

2ndKurono
April 25, 2007, 08:26 AM
but still they didnt die and still got there lucky madafcukers,still no Nishi in it,the Kurono poster was awesome,i think the most interesting thing will be when Katau faces that girl,not when the vamps and da osaka team faces the bosses and they even not may be the bosses.....

but i hope Katou will revive Kei not Kishimoto,but Kei will go to the living world not the Gantz but i still wonder Reika was holding him and he should have went to the room to,strange.....

xi0
April 25, 2007, 04:36 PM
Reika was not holding Kurono. She tried to but the female vampire grabbed her by the hair before she could grab ahold of him.

2ndKurono
April 26, 2007, 08:48 AM
but they newer showed us if she letted him go or not,nah i dont know why Gantz didnt let him get back,that would be crazy if he just died and then immediatly came back there dead!

Hiruma Disciple
April 26, 2007, 12:44 PM
awesome chapter... n so far no naked women haha

xi0
April 26, 2007, 12:46 PM
Yes they did. They showed the female vampire grabbing Reika by her hair to distance her from Kurono so he wouldn't be teleported as well.

Now whether he would be alive if he was teleported is another story.

2ndKurono
April 27, 2007, 12:20 PM
and i still think he died to quick,and he died so he suposed to be there regardles,Izumi went there to,twice KUrono didnt get that chance .

xi0
April 27, 2007, 12:25 PM
How can you say he died too fast when his entire torso was slashed upwards. Do you remember how nasty that vampire cut him up?

2ndKurono
April 27, 2007, 01:36 PM
i remeber i think it was his shoulder but in da Gatnz budah mission he lost his arm and leg and still survived and here he just died instantly and in da anime in da budah mission there was more blood then here against the vamps

GAT-X252
April 27, 2007, 02:02 PM
You can live whitout an arm or a leg, but you cant live whitout the pretty things that are inside your chest or your back.

I really wanna see what that Dai-Tengu can do..and that another Youkai, is an Inugami or a Kitsune(fox)?

Because in Chapter 241, there was an Inugami, and was very different from this(this one have a fox face) one.

2ndKurono
April 27, 2007, 02:32 PM
oh snap!that might be true that he got cuted threw his heart and got killed but i think it was threw his shoulder not his heart.

GAT-X252
April 27, 2007, 02:46 PM
The cut didnt started in his shoulder, the vampire began cutting something lower than that(he cutted that cable, so that means that maybe he began in the stomache), and i guess that it was a deep cut, just like the one that he did to Izumi.

Kei in the Rowdy/Grumpy Aliens Mision was about to die...he was very lucky..

2ndKurono
April 27, 2007, 03:27 PM
lucky or not he stayed alive,but man when i remeber the Budah mission i feel sad when everyone just died and Kei was the only one left.

to bad he died and he doesnt compete in da game no more and showed in da manga

xi0
April 27, 2007, 05:15 PM
You can live whitout an arm or a leg, but you cant live whitout the pretty things that are inside your chest or your back.

I really wanna see what that Dai-Tengu can do..and that another Youkai, is an Inugami or a Kitsune(fox)?

Because in Chapter 241, there was an Inugami, and was very different from this(this one have a fox face) one.

There was an Inugami in chapter 241? I just reread it and I didn't see one...

It is definitely an Inugami up on the building with Nurarihyon and the Tengu. I've seen an Inugami dressed the same. I think the clothing is that of a Shinto priest.

ssjasper2003
April 27, 2007, 08:11 PM
I dont really think its the guy they showed since the first mission the bosses so far havent been the ones they showed. Like the onion alien, the big guy/dad onion came out after the smaller one was killed. The bird one that followed it, budda one, others I cant think up off the top of my head clearly.

So there might be a 2nd boss other than those 3 the 2 osaka guys said gives them the creeps.

uraniuM
April 27, 2007, 08:41 PM
Just an update..seeing as x10 didnt get time to do this ^^

discuss.

Huh? If you look at the stickied threads it's right there. Moderators will take care of Discussion/Prediction threads, please do not take it upon yourself to do so, especially when there already is one. I'm merging this thread.

xi0
April 27, 2007, 08:52 PM
Well maybe, but the Nurarihyon is definitely there in the middle on that building.

GAT-X252
April 27, 2007, 11:53 PM
Yep, there was an Inugami in 241, and a Tengu Too(i guess that it was a Kotengu), here the images:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8508/img011yg6.jpg

And the head of this one, looks more than a dog, than the one at the left of the Nurarihyon.

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7940/img010jx8.jpg

This Tengu has a Mask, the Daitengu dont.

And i guess that it will be more balanced, a fightning type Yokai like the Daitengu, and a Magic one like a Kitsune/Youko....i hope that we will see if is an Inugami or not in the next chapter.

Is ok the size Of the images?

Or i put them in Thumbail?

And there were two Abura-sumashi, of diferent sizes too, one stoping Kaze, and another eating a Head..XD

And yes, the low size Yokai of the middle is the supreme general, the Nurarihyon.

Maybe Daidara Bocchi may be the last enemy in this mision..if it appears of course..he is too big..

2ndKurono
April 28, 2007, 03:04 AM
i think this bosses will be realy strong and this will be a problem for the team,man the first one looks like the rat from teenage mutant ninja turtles :D and man i newer heard those three bosses names,but dont ya all think that theres only one boss,and they aint bosses maybe the one in da middle is

ssjasper2003
April 28, 2007, 07:29 AM
Anyone tell me what Tengu & Daitenugu mean? Are they part of buddhism or something?

Chapter 246 page 15 has a better pic of his face.

xi0
April 28, 2007, 08:59 AM
Page 15 is the Inugami, not the Tengu in the last frame. I'm still saying he is an Inugami because I've never seen a kitsune dressed as a shinto priest.

Daitengu are seen as the more knowledgeable type of tengu and is translated as "Big Tengu". Kotengu are seen as ignorant creatures and act as underlings for Daitengu. Kotengu translates as "Small Tengu"

Yep, there was an Inugami in 241, and a Tengu Too(i guess that it was a Kotengu), here the images:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8508/img011yg6.jpg

And the head of this one, looks more than a dog, than the one at the left of the Nurarihyon.

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7940/img010jx8.jpg

This Tengu has a Mask, the Daitengu dont.

And i guess that it will be more balanced, a fightning type Yokai like the Daitengu, and a Magic one like a Kitsune/Youko....i hope that we will see if is an Inugami or not in the next chapter.

Is ok the size Of the images?

Or i put them in Thumbail?

And there were two Abura-sumashi, of diferent sizes too, one stoping Kaze, and another eating a Head..XD

And yes, the low size Yokai of the middle is the supreme general, the Nurarihyon.

Maybe Daidara Bocchi may be the last enemy in this mision..if it appears of course..he is too big..

Ah I see now. But how can you tell whether that tengu has a mask or not? He may just have a larger head. I think that the three main youkai seem to be the most anthropomorphic in appearance. This probably means that they are smarter, and most likely stronger then all the lesser youkai that appeared first.

GAT-X252
April 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
I'm still saying he is an Inugami because I've never seen a kitsune dressed as a shinto priest.

Yes, me either....but his head differs from a normal inugami, i dont know...when i looked for the first time, it came to my the face of Kurama of Yu-Yu-Hakusho.

Exactly, the Daitengu at the right of the Nurarihyon may be pretty strong...i wonder if is one of the Daitengu mencioned in the Genpei Jōsuiki...

Look very carefully and you will see a dark section near the hair and the neck. That dark section make me think that he is using a mask.

but dont ya all think that theres only one boss,and they aint bosses maybe the one in da middle is

The one of the middle is the real "Boss", every yokai is under his orders, but that dont necesary means that he is the strongest.

2ndKurono
April 28, 2007, 03:10 PM
hey were did u get those pics?i newer seen them in Gantz manga , but yeah i just read the older chaps and saw him , yeah ill say his the boss to and from were u know theyre names and everything?

GAT-X252
April 28, 2007, 03:21 PM
They are Yokai(japanesse folklore creatures). Or at last they are based in Yokai.

take this page, is very interesting, and you will se familliar faces:

http://www.obakemono.com/

The Oni aliens, are Yokai too(i guess...), but they apareance(except from the four bosses) are very different from the original design...

The Nurarihyon is the supreme general of the army of Yokai, thats why i say that he si the "boss".

2ndKurono
April 28, 2007, 03:51 PM
oh man i even found that bird boss,hope they definantly lived on earth,but do u think that the this boss will be so gental it says he likes drinking tea and he doesnt give that much damage and bosses should be the strongest ones,well ill wait for da next chapter to find out cause im very curiuos

mistabuu
April 28, 2007, 06:28 PM
First time posting here ^_^

This chapter finally brings a little bit of light into the "vampire" group. Since the "vampire"s were introduced, it was never clear what their role was. Their sudden appearance in the story can allude to the fact that they may be a sect of the aliens that Gantz would always target. The fact that one of the vampires recognizes Izumi from when he was first recruited by Gantz (Vol 14) shows that the "vampire" group has been targeting Gantz members before.

I initially figured that the vampires were part of a higher echelon of the aliens because they seemed stronger, more organized, ect... but that theory had a lot of holes in it, which I won't go into. But now, this new chapter confirms that the groups are not related to one another.

The line, "the hunters are our enemies, right?" is interesting in that the vampire group seems very similar to the Ganz group. The Gantz group fights aliens, often initiating the confrontations, without knowing the reason to fight them. Similarly, the vampires attack the Gantz group. The line I quoted alludeds to the fact they they do not know why they are fighting the Gantz group either. It seems like the vampire group is run in a very similarly to the Gantz group...

Questions:
Why does Gantz have to kill the aliens?
Why do the vampires have to kill Gantz?
Who are the alien's fighting/ what are they doing?

Davox
April 28, 2007, 07:43 PM
I am not so worried about who the boss is I kind of want them to find out more about these aliens, like I hope that the bosses can actually speak this time and that they will maybe explain to the gantzers who/what they are

GAT-X252
April 28, 2007, 08:21 PM
Reika could had ask what the aliens are...to those bunch of Oni aliens..but SHE has to ask for her and the missions..

Do you remember the first alien who appeared in the mission?

Well that Yokai only scares people.

Here it wanted a fresh brain to eat..they not going to be gentle whit his enemies..specially their leader, this guy was callified by Gantz has "smart" and "Bad", so lets see how intelligent it is.

And the abilities of the Nurarihyon can be transformed in very interesting powers(maybe he can change too of frecuence).

The Gantz suit-cutter Yokai is called Ami-Kiri, and there is another Yokai that maybe has the same ability in his claws called Kami-Kiri.

The question is...are they really Aliens(every target)..or is a joke that Gantz made?

In this mission, Gantz called the Nurarihyon, only by his name, he didnt called him alien.

If there were Gantz around the world(supposing), some of the targets could be the creatures of the folklore of each country?

Only the time will tell us..

GAT-X252
April 28, 2007, 09:19 PM
The vampires are "Aliens", at last, thats how Hiroya calls them in the Gantz Manual.

The vampires are just another grop of organized Aliens, like the Oni aliens and the new Aliens/ Yokai of this mission.

mistabuu
April 29, 2007, 10:00 AM
If that is the case, then how can Kurono's brother be a vampire? I figured they were something like mutated humans through nano tech or something.

ssjasper2003
April 29, 2007, 02:29 PM
Already a sticky thread with the same topic.

GAT-X252
April 29, 2007, 03:11 PM
If that is the case, then how can Kurono's brother be a vampire? I figured they were something like mutated humans through nano tech or something.

The question is:

Are they really aliens?

Gantz called Kei "Bitch", is he really a Bitch?

Why Gantz omited the Kanjis of Alien of the new target?

Davox
April 30, 2007, 03:09 PM
Well if it says that he is smart he should be able to talk, and since it listed him as bad maybe he will have the same bad habit that all evil geniuses have the fact that they talk too much, revealing too much of their plan.

GAT-X252
April 30, 2007, 08:20 PM
He is smart too.

Some Yokai that had appeared can talk japanese, but not very well.

Bad+Smart is a very good mix for a "villain".

2ndKurono
April 30, 2007, 09:33 PM
man that alien who atacked the school could talk.

ssjasper2003
April 30, 2007, 11:25 PM
Actually it never talked BUT it communicated through telepathy.

That was one crazy mission. I wonder how he came into the real world. Oh man, image a stronger boss they cant defeat come into the actual world like that budda alien. Crazy.

If im not mistaken, didnt that oni alien talk?

xi0
April 30, 2007, 11:43 PM
Yeah, all of the Oni aliens talked. Before they transformed they all seemed like normal humans.

GAT-X252
April 30, 2007, 11:48 PM
Yes.

I think that Davox is talking about these aliens, not the ones from another missions.

The stronger alien was the Oni Alien(the target), not the Kannon of one thousand arms.

The real world?

What are you talking about?

Are you talking about the statues?

2ndKurono
May 01, 2007, 02:18 AM
well im asking again who is the oni alien?

and dah!the one in budah mission that thousand arms could talk

xi0
May 01, 2007, 03:08 AM
Who is the Oni Alien?

....maybe you should reread the series 2ndKurono.

ssjasper2003
May 10, 2007, 11:27 PM
http://www.mangarun.com/gantz/gantz_212/212-04.png

There you go 2nd kurono. Like xi0 said, re read the manga if you want to know more.

I feel like you only saw the anime.

The last buddha statue "took" over the gantzer so could we really say that he talked. If you do count that, you can say that thats where the aliens started talking. The "bosses" atleast.

2ndKurono
May 10, 2007, 11:38 PM
nah i read all the manga to,ive read all 240 chaps after i saw the anime in two days,thats why i dont remeber most of things.

and tat one was the oni alien,shit i newer thouht it was him,but still i remeber this cloun.

GAT-X252
May 11, 2007, 02:58 PM
nah i read all the manga to,ive read all 240 chaps after i saw the anime in two days,thats why i dont remeber most of things.

and tat one was the oni alien,shit i newer thouht it was him,but still i remeber this cloun.

I read it in one day...238 chapters of Gantz, i remember that i was awake all the night..that Oni Alien was too powerful.

249 comes out the monday, what a glorius day will be..

correojon
May 11, 2007, 03:48 PM
I read it in one day...238 chapters of Gantz, i remember that i was awake all the night..that Oni Alien was too powerful.

249 comes out the monday, what a glorius day will be..
Wow, you surely have a lot of free time :D

I read it all in 4 or 5 days...yeah, i didn´t know about Gantz a week ago, I just found Zombie Hunter, loved it and then someone told me that if I liked that I shoul try Gantz...it´s awesome! They could make a really good movie with this story, it reminds a lot of Cube.

2ndKurono
May 12, 2007, 03:11 AM
nah i read like 230 in a day to but others i read in the next day cause it was new year and i had to go.

ssjasper2003
May 12, 2007, 03:22 PM
How/ where did you guys read 200+ chapters in one day?

I like to take my time with manga if I like it. Stopped one piece at 444 cause its arc take a long time to develop & finish. Gantz comes out like bi weekly no so I cant do it cause I will end up with like 10 chapters in 5 months :-p.

2ndKurono
May 14, 2007, 11:15 AM
it takes me a lil longer now , i dont know why but ive read only 5 volumes in one day,and my Gantz manga memory is coming back,anynody know when 249 is comin out?