PDA

View Full Version : Life What happens when you die?

Pages : [1] 2

erikrhys
April 29, 2007, 12:02 AM
ok, in the scar stories thread the topic of death came up (suprise suprise) and we are wondering what happens when you die. post your thoughts here and we shall discuss!

Runemage
April 29, 2007, 12:47 AM
when you die, you see the light.............ahem.......
reincarnation, i've pondered to how that would work with the ever increasing population of the world, maybe with the decline in the animal world??

rabb
April 29, 2007, 12:48 AM
i foresee trouble for this thread.... hopefully no hardline religious people here, might start a fight...

anyways, im not really sure what happens. afterlife, 'nother plane of existance, nothingness, reincarnation, 'nother universe... it could be anything. i've read that when you die the body immediately losses 34 grams, i think it was, that doctors can't account for. I've also read that the "tunnel of light" people with near death experiences claim to have seen is really just tunnel-vision caused by a lack of oxygen in the brain.

@ runemage, it could be that there are tens or hundreds of billions, if not trillions of souls, that are just waiting for a new body across the years.

Runemage
April 29, 2007, 12:59 AM
population of a trillion people on earth :faint
if this thread does turn nasty, we can always ask the mods to help keep the peace ;)

abu_89
April 29, 2007, 01:02 AM
after you die, your brain stops working and your body eventually decays. your body is split up into the billions of particles that make it up and is recycled into the earth. years later those particles make their way through food into a womb and become part of a fetus. Thus, you are re-incarnated as another living being (though not your whole being).

Reincarnation in a nutshell.

darkbass
April 29, 2007, 01:18 AM
if you think that all your toughts, emotions and whatsoever are just a combination of chemical reactions and eletric impulses, what would happen when they stop..... its just like when you turn off a machine.... theres nothing afterwards... afterlife, reincarnation, i dont think theres anything like it....

CheckMate
April 29, 2007, 03:56 AM
Your soul either go to heaven or hell

White Rabbit
April 29, 2007, 04:48 AM
I'll go with Monty Python:

"You come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"

Babii-Boo
April 29, 2007, 04:48 AM
Your soul either go to heaven or hell

I agree with you there ^^ It's also partly the fact that I'm Christian.
But yeah, I think when you die, you either go to Heaven or Hell. ^^

Paper
April 29, 2007, 09:23 AM
my religion tells me that i either go to heaven or hell, depending on my actions and faith in my religion..... personally i don't think much of death.....

amar_kun
April 29, 2007, 12:39 PM
actually what i am going to write is death in the perspective of my religion, Islam.. if you are not sure about my answer, you can always ask the scholars in http://www.islamonline.net/ they will be happily answer your curiosity because it is their job to answer people's question. lol.

according to Islam, when someone dies, he/she will see the angel of death. The angle appearance is according to what are you like during your lifetime. if you are a good person, then the angle will be the most beautiful thing that you'll ever meet. but if you are a bad person, then the angle will be the most horrible thing that you'll ever meet.

after that your soul will be taken and be kept at a place until the day of judgement. meanwhile, the container of your soul, i.e your body will be taken into graveyard. in the graveyard, you will meet another two angels. These angels will ask you a few question like "Who is Your Lord.." however your tounge cannot answer it on that occassion.. so it is up to your other organs to reply to the answer.. they will reply according to what they did during your lifetime. If you gave the right answer, then your graveyard will be as big as your eyes can see and it will be one room of the rooms of heaven. if you give the wrong answer, your graveyard will be like one room of the rooms of hell. there will be also scorpions and black snakes to accompany you.. erk.. it is quite frightening..

then there will be armageddon, or the end of the world. after that, all the people since Adam (peace be upon Him) until the last person to die on earth will be ressurected. then all people will assemble to be judge. this is call the day of judgement.

After that we will be call and stand in front of the Lord and our kind action and bad action during our lifetime will be spoken. all of this is recorded in 2 books, book of kindness and book of badness. then, there will be a scale which is called al-mizan (which means scale in arabic). all the books will be put in opposite end. if the good side weight more than the bad side, then you will be put in heaven.. if the bad side weight heavier, hell is your ultimate goal.

however, if you are a believer of Lord, then you still have chances to go into the heaven. you will only be punish according to your bad deeds. after all the punishment for all wrongdoing is paid, then you will be transfered into heaven like all other believers.

no offence to any other people of other religion.. i just wanna tell you what is the point of view of us muslim on this matter.. hope this will answer your curiosity.

cheers

Azurel
April 30, 2007, 07:39 AM
nicely said amar :amuse

heaven or hell, it's something we hear all the time but wad does it really mean.. I dunno if it had sunk in, but I just realized that if you believe in heaven or hell, it means that life after death is forever. you will live on forever either in heaven or hell. I can't imagine how it's like to live forever, do you?

amar_kun
April 30, 2007, 07:56 AM
i can't imagine it as well azurel.. i hope i will enter heaven with God mercy and i hope there will be lots of anime and manga in heaven so i can watch and read em' all... :P

Avalonblitz
April 30, 2007, 08:05 AM
^ So true
I just hope what the Greeks belive isn't true Heaven, Underworld and then there's Tartarus from what I've heard that place is worse than Hell, even the Titans can't stand it.

amar_kun
April 30, 2007, 08:08 AM
^ So true
I just hope what the Greeks belive isn't true Heaven, Underworld and then there's Tartarus from what I've heard that place is worse than Hell, even the Titans can't stand it.

i wonder what the greek said about heaven and hell.. would you mind telling us about it Avalonblitz?

a bit off topic :D.. by the way, im in leeds.. which part of london r u from?

Avalonblitz
April 30, 2007, 08:24 AM
Umm... I think You know how the Gods live in Mount Olympus right, well I've heard there is a heaven but only the really good would be allowed eg: Hercules
Hade rules over the underworld and every living being goes there whether you've been good or bad but the really rotten ones go to Tartarus, but really only the Titans have been sent down there after losing to the gods in a war that lasted for 10 years, inside Tartarus though there was this one Titan who Had to carry a boulder up a hill and the reach out for something but when he did the boulder always rolled back down and and another one was a Titan than was tied over a river with a bunch of berries that hung over him that alway used to sway just out of his reach leaving him with an everlasting thirst and two giant cyclops guarded the entrance.
lol I find this story funny but Zeus commitedly adultery with another woman and a man found out when he told everyone Zeus found this as treachery and sent the poor soul to Tatarus.

I live in Vauxhall only 20 mins down the road from Waterloo.

amar_kun
April 30, 2007, 08:27 AM
wow.. what an intense explanation from you, Avalonblitz!! thanks for taking all the time to write it up.. however, i end up getting even more confused that before, lol!

Avalonblitz
April 30, 2007, 08:31 AM
It really is, I still don't get how everyone goes to the underworld when there's also a heaven.

erikrhys
April 30, 2007, 09:49 AM
they go to the underworld to get to heaven i think, like you have to go to the underworld, then judgement is passed, then you either stay in the underworld, or go to heaven

Leen
April 30, 2007, 10:35 AM
I'll go to heaven.

Nami
April 30, 2007, 10:49 AM
Hahaha...Yes, I believe you'll go to heaven since you are a wonderful and nice person :hug

As for me, I believe that when me dies, i'll just disintegrate and decompose and become new soil for the new generation.
I just can't imagine what i can do in heaven or hell, unless there's plenty of manga, anime, or bishies or babes or just anything fascinating like magical creatures etc. to entertain me :amuse

erikrhys
April 30, 2007, 10:54 AM
I'll go to heaven.

Someone's a LITTLE full of themself ^-^ jk

Babii-Boo
April 30, 2007, 12:52 PM
Someone's a LITTLE full of themself ^-^ jk

Leen probably will ^^
Did you see his/her siggy?

For those who believe that we'll go to Heaven or Hell when we die - I have a question ^^.
See, I was taught in school that God will judge us on Judgment Day, to decide whether we'll go to Heaven or Hell. But what if we die before Judgment day? What happens then?! O.o?! Will we still be judged?!

amar_kun
April 30, 2007, 01:13 PM
For those who believe that we'll go to Heaven or Hell when we die - I have a question ^^.
See, I was taught in school that God will judge us on Judgment Day, to decide whether we'll go to Heaven or Hell. But what if we die before Judgment day? What happens then?! O.o?! Will we still be judged?!

Babii-Boo, i will try to answer your question according to what my faith has told me. ok, in the first place, lets define Judgement Day. actually a lot of people got it mix up with the End of days.

End of Days are the day where God will crush all his creation, all people dies, angel, satan, animals dies and planets and stars crubled and the world come to an end. We, muslim call this day as 'Al-Qiyamah'.

Judgement day is the day where all human will be raised up from dead. We muslim call this day 'Al-Akhirah' (the dayafter). We will assembled on a place called Mahsyar. Everyone will be very worried about their own deeds on this world while waiting for their turns. Then the judgement started with all the prophets from Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Judah, Mohammed.. (there's a lot of them..) after that the judgement for the followers of the Prophets began.. and then its the judgements for the unbelievers..

so back to your question.. it seems that all people will be dead before the judgement starts.. then every people will be raised up again and assemble in the mahsyar to wait for their turns to be judge in the court of Lord.

i hope this answers your query:amuse

Babii-Boo
April 30, 2007, 01:21 PM
^^ Thanks a lot amar_kun~!
That did help me understand a lot more about Judgment Day and how people / people from the dead will be judged.
Thanks again! ^^

erikrhys
April 30, 2007, 01:46 PM
^
there is a group of radical christians that are trying to bring judgement day to come sooner. they polute and such which is creepy. I have no links, sorry.

amar_kun
April 30, 2007, 02:06 PM
whoa.. they pollute the earth? hmm.. that is not nice.. the greenpeace must be very angry of them since they work up their arse day and night to keep the world clean..:notrust

by the way, i hope the end of days wont be anytime sooner.. i still have lots stuff to do..:s

i remembered a sayings of prophet (which the companions memorized and kept it in a book called Al Hadith) Muhammed p.b.u.h concerning the end of days.

i memorized the saying in arabic, but i forgot the translation in english:darn:darn.. it's ok, i will try cut and paste it here.:tem:tem

Also on the authority of Omar (this is a companion of Prophet), who said :

One day while we were sitting with the messenger of Allah there appeared before us a man whose clothes were exceedingly white and whose hair was exceedingly black; no signs of journeying were to be seen on him and none of us knew him. He walked up and sat down by the prophet. Resting his knees against his and placing the palms of his hands on his thighs, he said:"O Muhammed, tell me about Islam". The messenger of Allah said: "Islam is to testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammed is the messenger of Allah, to perform the prayers, to pay the zakat, to fast in Ramadhan, and to make the pilgrimage to the House if you are able to do so." He said:"You have spoken rightly", and we were amazed at him asking him and saying that he had spoken rightly. He said: "Then tell me about eman."He said:"It is to believe in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, and the Last Day, and to believe in divine destiny, both the good and the evil thereof." He said:"You have spoken rightly". He said: " Then tell me about ehsan." He said: "It is to worship Allah as though you are seeing Him, and while you see Him not yet truly He sees you". He said: "Then tell me about the Hour". He said: "The one questioned about it knows no better than the questioner." He said: "Then tell me about its signs." He said: "That the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress and that you will see the barefooted, naked, destitute herdsman competing in constructing lofty buildings." Then he took himself off and I stayed for a time. Then he said: "O Omar, do you know who the questioner was?" I said: "Allah and His messenger know best". He said: "He was Jebreel (Gabriel), who came to you to teach you your religion."

Narrated by Muslim (this is an islamic scholar who search all of prophet sayings and kept it in a book)

the Hour which is asked by Gabriel means 'the end of days'. he asked prophet about the time for the world ended and the prophet replied neither the two of them knows the exact time. only God knows about it. however he did mention some of the signs of end of days.

slave girl give birth to mistress means : a mother will gave birth to ungrateful daughter (or son). they will direspect their parents and does not care for them when they get old. actually there is quite a lot of cases nowadays where children show lack of respect to their parents and treating them like slave.:(:(

herdsman competing to build lofty building : the scholars interpreted this as they will be people of no manner (like herdsman) but with money will compete with each other to build skyscrappers.

sorry if the reply is too long and bulky.. i tried my best to compress it. :tem

miyi
April 30, 2007, 03:29 PM
I'm an agnostic existentialist. Therefore, when I die, I believe I'll remain unconscious forever, except my body will remain on Earth.

erikrhys
May 01, 2007, 02:50 PM
What exactally is an Existentialist?

amar_kun
May 01, 2007, 07:33 PM

yeah.. what is and existentialist? i tried to google it and searched it in wiki, but i'm afraid there isnt so much article on existentialist (fooh.. so hard spell).

rabb
May 02, 2007, 01:38 AM
*reads all that on judgment day and end of days* ok, so on judgment day, im gunna be on my porch with an M-16 blasting everything that moves. i hate zombies, and i live real close to a huge graveyard. I've been told that judgment day is a good thing, and that we will see all those that have died... but "hell will boil over with too many damned souls, and the dead shall walk the earth" (paraphrased, since i don't have it memorized) sounds way too close to a horror movie to me.

amar_kun
May 02, 2007, 02:09 AM
your kind of judgement day kinda freak me as well :p

PaperYomiko
May 04, 2007, 04:24 PM
rabb...that is the funniest thing I've read in a while :XD I'm going to have to show it to my brother...if that's how judgement day's going to turn out, he'll be right next to you with a bazooka and a flamethrower :p

but anyway, seriously... I'm not really sure what I think happens when we die. For me, the important thing is what happens during life. I'm going to make the most of what I have now, live in a way that brings me happiness and inner peace, and hopefully brings happiness and peace to others, and whenever it's time for me to die, I just hope I'll be able to face it without regret or fear. It is, after all, a part of a natural cycle that happens to all living things, and just because something is unknown, doesn't mean it should be feared.

whoa, ok, that may have sounded really cheesy, sorry. but I'm kind of a cheesy person, so...oh well.

And about existentialism, because I don't think it's been answered yet... it's a philosophy (think Nietzsche) that emphasizes the existence of the individual as a free agent, determining their own futures by free will. Basically, the opposite of believing in fate or a 'higher plan'. Jean-Paul Sartre's Les Jeux Sont Faits is a classic existentialist novel (I'm not sure of the English title), if you're interested in it :amuse

miyi
May 04, 2007, 06:05 PM

PaperYomiko is right, and although I haven't read any of Nietzsche or Sartre yet, I've been influenced by Albert Camus and Samuel Beckett, both who have slightly different views of existentialism.

In sum, this is how I interpret "agnostic" existentialism, and keep in mind there's multiple variations of this philosophy...

We humans, are on our own. Whether God exists or not, is not within our grasp to "know", therefore we should focus on the life on earth, and not think about an "afterlife" that may or may not exist.

Death is based on "chance". Anyone of us can die at any moment.

We can live good lives, or bad lives, but we will still die at any moment, based on "chance". Some good people die when they don't deserve it, and likewise, some bad people die when they do deserve it. In other words, death is "arbitrary".

On morality, an existentialist has a choice: you can do whatever you want, as long as you don't harm others (i.e. golden rule).

Otherwise, we all should be held accountable for any wrongdoings.

According to Albert Camus, the biggest "sin" to an existentialist is "not living". In simplest terms, to "live" is to live life according to how you envision it. We must create our own "life's meaning".

The biggest "sin", he says, is to "not live". For example, if you are unhappily working in your tiny cubicle of an office, then you're not living. Also, if you commit suicide, that is "not living" in the ultimate sense.

Likewise, you cannot kill others, because just as it is wrong to take your own life, it is wrong to take others. Some, but not all, like Albert Camus, is against the death penalty. Even when in prison, and you may think that your life is over, you must still continue to "live".

According to Samuel Beckett, life is "meaningless". There's no point, but we can't help the fact that we exist on earth, even if it's for a brief moment.

Also, we have each other. Make friends with other humans, it will help ease the anxiety of death. We will become less alienated, we will be able to "cope" with the "meaninglessness" or "absurdities" of life.

"Agnostic" is someone who is not entirely sure if God exists, and assumes that we lack information and knowledge about him.

Moreover, as an "agnostic existentialist", my interpretation and position is that when I die, physically, my body is still on earth, however, I will be unconsious forever.

Assuming God exists, I believe he created us, and then afterwards, is apathetic, or not "caring" about what happens to us, so that we are pretty much on our own.

erikrhys
May 07, 2007, 08:47 AM
i read in a history book once, that there is a religion where when you die, you appear before a stream. from one side of the stream to the other, there are rocks that can be used as stepping stones. And you have to jump from one to the other. And the further you go, the larger the distance between the rocks. You are weighed down by your sins and wherever you fall in the water, from being weighed down from sins, is what you are re-incarnated into. If you get to the other side, then you are supposed to reach nirvana.......but i honestally cant remember what religion it was that said this Y-Y

PaperYomiko
May 07, 2007, 10:27 AM
erikryhys - that sounds like a Buddhist allegory of the cycle of rebirth. Though it's not really about your 'sins', so much as your virtuous actions - good karma - versus non-virtuous actions - bad karma. Using your allegory, your bad karma weighs you down and results in you being reborn in a lower realm of being. Good karma allows for rebirth in higher realms - human or god - and also brings happiness in the present. Nirvana, or liberation, from the cycle of rebirth and suffering is what the Buddhist is trying to attain, in general.

(that may not be entirely correct, I'm no expert...I just read a lot :amuse)

NRZero
May 10, 2007, 11:21 PM
What happens when you die....? I dunno, I don't think I would be able to respond if I did. Anybody can say whatever they like about the subject but until it actually happens they'll never know. I am not a religious person at all, so my answer to that question would be that your body will cease to function and you will no longer exists.

nabil
May 20, 2007, 02:00 PM
Are not agnostic still rely towards God but doesnt believe in any religion?

Lohnt
May 20, 2007, 02:27 PM
Existentialism isn't so simple as to say "to not live is a sin" Soren Kierkegaard believed death should be accepted, and is a normative state of being. To commit suicide is actually an end to the sickness of life; then again he was very religious and believed in the afterlife.

But anyway...

I really hope some form of reincarnation exists, not in the traditional Buddhist sense, but at the very least in some form. I guess you continue living through your children in this way, but I just believe since we are alive and seperate from the rocks and water, there must be some kind of mineral/energy etc that is passed into the ground/water/etc when our bodies decompose and are reabsorbed by the earth, and that thing is reabsorbed by humans when they at vegetables, mushrooms, drink water etc. I dunno, maybe it's just wishful thinking, I guess I'm just a romantic in hoping that the phrase "maybe in another life" exists. Because that phrase justifies the mistakes of the past, which tend to burden use the rest of our lives.

miyi
May 20, 2007, 02:54 PM
Existentialism isn't so simple as to say "to not live is a sin" Soren Kierkegaard believed death should be accepted, and is a normative state of being. To commit suicide is actually an end to the sickness of life; then again he was very religious and believed in the afterlife.

To quote myself:

In sum, this is how I interpret "agnostic" existentialism, and keep in mind there's multiple variations of this philosophy...

my interpretation is based on two influences: Albert Camus and Samuel Beckett.

Like you said, existentialism isn't that simple, and there are so many different versions of it.

Are not agnostic still rely towards God but doesnt believe in any religion?

agnostic simply means, in a general sense, that the truth, i.e. God, afterlife, etc., is not "knowable". In other words, there is no way for us, humans, to understand the full scope of "truth". Agnostics might think that God, for example, exists, but nothing is for certain.

You can be an agnostic, but still believe in a religion. For example, you can be an agnostic Christian. Basically, you still practice Christianity, although you're a little bit skeptical than a normal Christian.

Or, you can be an agnostic atheist, where you don't practice any religion, but at the same time, you're not completely dismissing any religion as impossible.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 11:30 AM
Existantialism seems way more hard core than atheism or agnostic...ism to me.

Baron Hugenstein
October 19, 2008, 03:31 PM
I think this was said before but..
GAME OVER,lol

IMO, i believe in Judgment day, where a person will be tried for their mistakes and actions. Yet i don't really stir my life into doing things out of my will, i just do what i feel is right to do.

Strider's♥Death
October 25, 2008, 02:53 AM
Basically I believe theres nothing, it just ends ......u just die lol . Theres no afterlife , no paradise , nor hell , its just bleh ...nothing.

I think this was said before but..
GAME OVER,lol

IMO, i believe in Judgment day, where a person will be tried for their mistakes and actions. Yet i don't really stir my life into doing things out of my will, i just do what i feel is right to do.

Wait are u saying that when judgment day comes , one person will be tried for the whole entire world, and if that person dont pass we are all screwed? cus if thats what ur saying then they better pick the right person lol

Assymilum
October 25, 2008, 05:59 AM
Simple. It's hell or Heaven.

Hollow Kurono
October 25, 2008, 09:41 AM
My opinion.You die and then you reincarnate into something else.I dont believe in heaven and hell.Livin youre every day live is like hell,maybe even worse,imo.

Baron Hugenstein
October 25, 2008, 11:25 AM
Basically I believe theres nothing, it just ends ......u just die lol . Theres no afterlife , no paradise , nor hell , its just bleh ...nothing.

Wait are u saying that when judgment day comes , one person will be tried for the whole entire world, and if that person dont pass we are all screwed? cus if thats what ur saying then they better pick the right person lol

Lol, no i must have wrote my post wrong(that's what happens when you go on the forum when you wake up). I mean a person will be tried for his/her own actions.

Monte
October 29, 2008, 08:25 PM
" "What you were before life is what you'll be after. Just keep watching Monty Python"
God"
Homeros

Kirio
November 12, 2008, 05:11 AM
Well i believe what i see or what science proves so i would say nothing.
But strangely i believe and i hope there is something like a spirit that remains, even if i'm not very kind of religions. Who knows ? Science doesn't explain everything and it would be too boring if life simply ended...

krazykone12
January 04, 2009, 03:39 PM
What happens when we die?

When your time comes you'll know

and when that time comes I wish you all a pain-less (quick) death, nobody wants it to hurt right?

4thseal
January 10, 2009, 11:12 PM
You either break free of Karma and earthly bonds or don't.

But, no one really knows, which is freaking awesome :3.

Helltroll
January 11, 2009, 08:42 AM
My existence will be eradicated and in 100-200 years nobody will know that I ever existed. It sounds hard but will be reality for at least 90% from all of us.

polaris
January 13, 2009, 05:42 AM
"you'll just.. sort of go.."J.D (scrubs s08e02)

XxVascoxX
January 13, 2009, 11:42 AM
You either break free of Karma and earthly bonds or don't.

But, no one really knows, which is freaking awesome :3.
Yeah something like that but basically your soul get out of your body(of course you can't see it) and it looks back and say "i was THAT foolish!!"

Koen
January 13, 2009, 11:44 AM
You'll either know what happens or you will never know :)

kazuma_uzumaki
January 19, 2009, 02:14 AM
wheres the fun in knowing?
What happens happens

Forever_Melody
January 19, 2009, 11:25 AM
When I die, hopefully my family & friends will organize me a nice funeral, bury my body(or cremate me if I feel like it) and then fight over my stuff(because I'll have forgotten to write a will :p)

Oh scratch that, I want a pyramid and have all my possessions buried with me! O_o

Dokuro no Kishi
January 20, 2009, 11:42 AM
When I die, I'll come back and tell all of you what the real deal is ;)

Lil' Froggy
January 20, 2009, 02:27 PM
What if it is just MU 0_o
well,I guess I'll drop by and see what hell is like first :P The real fun will begin :D

Lelo
January 20, 2009, 07:02 PM
well, some will cry, some will party and some wont even care. But I'll be in Heaven kicking it with Chris Farly and Jimmy Hendrix baby.

kkck
March 26, 2009, 01:19 AM
Call me old fashion but I believe we either go to heaven, hell or purgatory. if thats not it, then probably somewhere where beer and wine rains all day long:hearts:wtf....

weehoo107
March 27, 2009, 12:44 AM
heaven, hell, or purgatory.
hell - if you've been exceptionally bad. i can only imagine O.o

Purgatory - you've been bad, you've been good, and you know it. but you haven't confessed ;] there are 7 levels of Purgatory, the 7th being the farthest from Heaven, the 1st being the closest. you stay in that level for an amount of time until your sins are made up for [you are put through different things varying on the level you are on] and then it's off to Heaven! [ dont think it's that easy though. 50, 60, 70 years is normal when you're waiting.]

Heaven. the REAL big apple. when you've been good and true to God's word. now you dont even have to be Christian to go to Heaven, though it would make it a lot easier. if you lead your life free from most sin and other temptations, most likely you will go to Heaven or the level of purgatory closest to it. it really helps if you believe in God though. I'm Catholic ;]

Harinezumi
March 27, 2009, 11:23 PM
I have no idea, really. :D

Although, I don't believe in Hell. What I think though is that there is Heaven and Purgatory and that's it. Heaven is Heaven, that's simple. I believe Purgatory, on the other hand is a second chance at life - sort of like reincarnation. :D

Fugitive
April 05, 2009, 09:08 AM
after you die, your brain stops working and your body eventually decays. your body is split up into the billions of particles that make it up and is recycled into the earth. years later those particles make their way through food into a womb and become part of a fetus. Thus, you are re-incarnated as another living being (though not your whole being).

Reincarnation in a nutshell.^^THIS. That is all. Nothing else.

Stone
April 05, 2009, 10:26 AM
Abu seem to have the most likely point of view.

There's also the option that we might just be in an eternal dream like state, would be good to know afterlife exsist, but even if it doesn't it help people believing which makes there death easier.

ringoshu
April 10, 2009, 09:40 PM
You reincarnate, makes sense to me ;P

reinen
April 18, 2009, 11:48 AM
I don't know, I'm curious...I'd like to try die once :P (jk)

If I die, then I hope nobody gonna mourn for me... I hate that.

Lion
April 18, 2009, 07:29 PM
You're dead, that's it. Game over. No white lights, no nothing.

From that point on, you as you do not exist.

Fortisdiablos
April 19, 2009, 01:37 AM
You re-enter the life stream.

◆ T.D.A ◆
April 20, 2009, 02:56 PM
Heaven or hell but first Judgement day :wtf

candy rain
April 20, 2009, 10:10 PM
when i was die, finding that my money still didnt use out .......

ShirubiaLamperouge
April 24, 2009, 04:43 AM
I don't really believe in anything after death. I find the idea of heaven and hell so... Idealistic. People might want people who have done bad things to be punished by some great all powerful entity that knows all, but that's not going to happen. I think the only consequences of actions are the consequences that occur here in this life.

I do believe in some kind of soul, possibly for the same reason that some people believe in an afterlife- because they're scared of the alternative. I don't want to believe that all I am is made of how certain chemicals in my brain react with each other or whatever. I don't want to believe that all forms of life are just like incredibly engineered robots, because then I'm not who I am. It means that I'm not ME, and each of my thoughts isn't coming from who I feel I am, they're just elaborations on links that have already been formed in the lump of mushy stuff inside my skull. I don't want to be a machine, and so I don't believe that it's possible for a human mind, or any other conscious mind, to be explained by just science.

But, while I believe in a soul, I don't believe that that soul lives on after the body dies. I don't believe in reincarnation, or in some life force or whatever, I think you just fade away.

But that's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't want to die for a long time, but when it is time, I think I'd rather face death than eternity.

Doragon
April 25, 2009, 09:08 PM
You go to Mu. Nuff' said.

Ascension
May 02, 2009, 10:16 PM
I just have to say I'm thoroughly impressed how civil you all are over such a sensitive subject. All be praised =)

Roarchu
May 04, 2009, 10:22 PM
The same thing that happened who knows how many years before you were born probly

Slain
May 05, 2009, 01:19 AM
That is probly true.:blink

laserlipo
May 11, 2009, 02:19 AM
Hi all...
I don't have any idea about that, no one has any idea about what happens after death.
As per old stories each person after death goes to god of death, he will calculate what you have done wrong on earth and what wright...

Googlez_kun
May 13, 2009, 12:33 PM
i just can't think of my mind not exisiting,because i think we will only vanish and everything will be,as someone allready said, the same as before we were born,but i just can't imagine it:bored
i think the biggest problem for me(and probably for others,too) is our selfishness,that we can't think of a us not existing!maybe that's why...

Entwined Destiny
May 13, 2009, 03:43 PM
I think nothings gonna happen when we die.We will probably disintigrate and remain on earth for thousands of years somewhere underground.At least thats what I think..Speaking as the atheist I am

Hatsune_Miku
May 16, 2009, 12:07 AM
virgins...oh wait that's another religion.. ^_^;
well, a long list of sins...a rewind on my freaking past and my nakie self..

axellover2
May 22, 2009, 06:11 PM
Im Christian,so I believe in the whole heaven and hell thing.You know your physical body will turn to fertilizer,but your spirit/soul will go on.

Arrogance
June 12, 2009, 01:02 PM
I'm Roman Catholic and for me I feel that there has to be something else. From the way my life has gone so far, I just see so much personal evidence pointing to there being something more. For me its not just thinking or theorizing that there is a heaven, but its also a deep feeling I have.

digitaldude
June 12, 2009, 01:32 PM
My mum died once when she was a child and then got brought back, and she acted like a different person and said someone else s name instead of her own, but shes okay now, so I`m inclined to believe in the after world, and my beliefs are kinda like Catholic/Buddhist and I also believe the earth is kinda like a minor hell, maybe because of personal experience, but everyone suffers some form of hardship here. Weird I know.

etineski
June 14, 2009, 08:27 AM
Actually, their are a lot of theories about this.. I, sometimes I think about it. Like when I die, where does my soul goes? Am a bad/good person where should I go hell or heaven? But I dont really know the answer to this, unless I will experience dying and be born again at the same time.. heheh.. But yes, i love being alive as of now, there is much to do. So i enjoy!

boemshiika
June 23, 2009, 01:37 PM
personaly im not a big fan of incarnation the whole coming back as a different being thing. i mean with whats going on in the world today global warming and scientist saying that the sun will be running out feul and burn out. there wont be a world to come back to. can you imagine coming back as a vicious ass koala bear and finding out the earth solar system is not there anymore. all you'll find is a note saying; we moved.

so life after death sound pretty good right now. a whole new world where there hasn't been any bloodshed and everybody is in a zen state,where everywish is granted. and all those criminals get what they deserved(me included) specialy those war criminals that raped women then killed them and used their children as soldiers. and they never got prosecuted for it because most of them died peacefully in their sleep.

so i hope there is a judgment day.where we reunite with our maker. i know most of us try so hard to deny his existence. but have you ever payed attention to when we're in trouble. who do we call out to in our darkest hour. without realizing it we hopefully and sincerely utter these words; "ow god".

El Autor
June 23, 2009, 05:50 PM
when we die, we become nothing but memories

Lohnt
June 24, 2009, 04:05 AM
We will live on in our children, and in legend.
Also, if you are buried and not burned, your nutrients will feed some fungi/worms and those in turn will feed a bird/rabbit that will in turn at some point feed a human.

And you will live on in their belly (cannibals!)
But no seriously, religious soul aside, I do believe our living energy continues to live on in the circle of life. It can't be as simple as death for all the electrical waves and other energy waves that make our mass of atoms move around and live.

Grizz
June 24, 2009, 07:24 AM
I think what happeneds is that, you will eitehr go to heaven or hell depending on how you lived your life when you were a live. i think people who go to heaven will have a new life.

RaZe
June 24, 2009, 09:15 AM
I do believe our living energy continues to live on in the circle of life.
what is "living energy"?

It can't be as simple as death for all the electrical waves and other energy waves that make our mass of atoms move around and live.
why not?

human consciousness is a byproduct of the ongoing chemical processes that maintain a person's physical form. asking what happens when we die is as meaningless as asking what happens to a flame after it is extinguished or a wave after it breaks upon the shore. it simply ceases to be.

Nantalith
June 24, 2009, 02:03 PM
When you die... nothing happens. Sun sets, moon rises and oceans swell. Death is the goal of our living - we live to die. We have no point; we just are and eventually we will just have been :amuse

dedal_x
June 24, 2009, 02:48 PM
A tale:
Once there was a village situated at the feet of a giant mountain. At the top of that mountain lived a hermit who could see the future. Every day a group of people climbed that mountain to talk to the hermit about the events of tomorrow. The hermit had never told anything in straight, but he always gave wise advices to the people coming to him. All thanks to that hermit the village prospered, the crop was rich, the trade was high and health was strong.

But one day even before people could begin climbing the mountain, the hermint had descended to the village. His eyes were filled with sorrow and tears had flown across his face.

"What happened?" asked the villagers.
"Tomorrow," answered the hermit trying to catch his breath, "tomorrow won't come. Ever." And the hushed crowd heard his voice filled with despair: "The world ends. Today is the last day."

Believing the hermit as they've done for almost a century, the villagers believed that the world is coming to an end and threw themselves into what could be called The Last Day. Every man and woman desperately thrived to accomplish something they had desired for their lifetimes, no matter how amoral or illegal. There was chaos, despair, tears and even the slightest glimmers of hope had blackened out.

But once the morning came - the sun had risen once again to continue it's path across the sky. Frustrated villagers became angry with the senile hermit who made them disgrace themselves in "the last day". Enraged the whole population climbed the mountain in hopes of lynching the old man. But all they've found was his cold dead body.

It wasn't his prediction which was wrong, it's the interpretation which was wrong. THe world has ended indeed, but it was only the hermit's world.

End.

This is what happens when one dies - a whole world meets it's end.

Nantalith
June 25, 2009, 04:06 AM
A tale:
This is what happens when one dies - a whole world meets it's end.

Because the world ends with you...

Grizz
June 25, 2009, 04:31 AM
When i die, i'l go to heaven and be a P.I.M.P lol....

El Autor
June 25, 2009, 08:22 PM
Wow... that hermit tale was really cool :o

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 30, 2009, 01:42 PM
I guess I'll get disgested by maggots or some other bug-like creature O.o

shouryuujo
June 30, 2009, 01:53 PM
i think most people want to be "alive" in one way or another after they die in human form because they are scared to cease to exist. I rather not think about what happens after one close his/her eyes forever...just thinking about it sometime give me the creeps

nahkampfbiber
July 07, 2009, 05:46 AM
Not being alive didn't bother me for ~14 billion years. I don't think it ever will...

blai
July 07, 2009, 02:19 PM
I'm unsure, since i'm catholic I'm 'supposed' to believe this

Catholics believe that each life is unique and that we have only one lifetime on Earth before we move on to an eternal existence in a spiritual state. We choose what kind of eternal state this will be by how we live our life on Earth, and whether we totally accepted God's love. If we did accept God then we will enjoy an eternity of bliss, if we totally rejected God then, by our own choosing, we will suffer in misery forever. This place of misery is called Hell.

I don't know what i believe but I guess I'll go with the scrubs quote

J.D.: And when we die, where do meet in Heaven?
Turk: At the milkshake pool on the lesbian cloud!
J.D.: I'll see you 'dere, bro! I love religion.

That'd be cool...

sindergi
July 16, 2009, 04:56 PM
When I die then i just stop to exist........
...i dont believe in heaven,hell,reincarnation or whatever. I think these are just fiction of the human mind because for the fear of death.

Gcat88
July 22, 2009, 01:40 AM
very well said. the conception of hell and heaven is in the mind, the truth is..you either suffer or you dont.

misterchaos
August 16, 2009, 10:36 AM
you are giving too much toughts on death. im with leen im going to heaven and end point.

( sry for bad english )

Belisar
August 16, 2009, 11:31 AM
people think too much about death while living but they don't think about life while dead at all.

Drmke
August 16, 2009, 08:52 PM
I generally prefer not to think about death at all. (Since it usually just bums me out)

But what I think is at some point everyone goes into what is called Heaven or whatever. People that have done wrong in the world (a.k.a Killing, stealing, bigotry (definitely the worst imo)) go into a Hell-like place where they suffer for a period of time depending on how the acted during life and then are allowed into Heaven.

Very strange beliefs I know lol but since I still believe in a God and believe he is benevolent, I can't believe he would cast his own people into Hell for eternity.

WhatWhatinthebutt
August 22, 2009, 11:18 AM
When I die then i just stop to exist........
...i dont believe in heaven,hell,reincarnation or whatever. I think these are just fiction of the human mind because for the fear of death.

2 questions(hopefully not to personal): How old are you (you can generalize like over ____ but not too much...)? Have you ever had a near death experience?

Anyways we are a every dieing breed, with withering minds, that are trying to put logic to something that is illogical... but.. there must be something after death otherwise.... what is the purpose of life? To die? Well then time to slit the wrists. To love? So those who love has eluded are doomed for eternal dissidence? To procreate? Guess it's time to switch to polygamy then to li.. procreate! To live life to the fullest? Soooo.. what happens to the 3 month old who didn't get that chance? To gain knowledge? Of what? For whom? Why? What good is that when I'm dead? To live on in the lives of others? FAIL!

It truthfully doesn't even matter what we believe until that exact second, moment that your death is imminent or already incurred (humans can survive about thirty seconds without blood flow) and you longer of this world....

If there is no God, no heaven, or hell, so be it, then my question(if I still exist when I'm dead) is why was I born in the first place? 'cuz then I would have rather never existed to begin with...

sindergi
August 22, 2009, 12:00 PM
2 questions(hopefully not to personal): How old are you (you can generalize like over ____ but not too much...)? Have you ever had a near death experience?

Anyways we are a every dieing breed, with withering minds, that are trying to put logic to something that is illogical... but.. there must be something after death otherwise.... what is the purpose of life? To die? Well then time to slit the wrists. To love? So those who love has eluded are doomed for eternal dissidence? To procreate? Guess it's time to switch to polygamy then to li.. procreate! To live life to the fullest? Soooo.. what happens to the 3 month old who didn't get that chance? To gain knowledge? Of what? For whom? Why? What good is that when I'm dead? To live on in the lives of others? FAIL!

It truthfully doesn't even matter what we believe until that exact second, moment that your death is imminent or already incurred (humans can survive about thirty seconds without blood flow) and you longer of this world....

If there is no God, no heaven, or hell, so be it, then my question(if I still exist when I'm dead) is why was I born in the first place? 'cuz then I would have rather never existed to begin with...

Im 27....and no i never had a near death experience.
But what is a near death experience - a proof for a afterlife or just chemical reaction in the brain because of the near death for example to prevent pain and so on. In my opinion its just a chemical reaction in your brain - can i proof that this rigth...no. But can anybody give me a proof for the opposite...no.

So its just a question of faith - i believe that there is nothing like a afterlife but its ok for me if someone believe something different.

Why there have to be something after death ? Because the humans are not able to imagine no longer to exist ?
The purpose of life is life itself.....or maybe there is no purpose. I dont see a reason why there have to be a purpose of life.
The mankind is just a part of the world....universe or whatever. And a very small part and just for a little short time (about 10000years). Things in this universe appear and disappear.......this will happen to the mankind and this is happening to persons everyday. Is there a purpose ?!....this is just how this world works.

WhatWhatinthebutt
August 22, 2009, 12:32 PM
Im 27....and no i never had a near death experience.
But what is a near death experience - a proof for a afterlife or just chemical reaction in the brain because of the near death for example to prevent pain and so on. In my opinion its just a chemical reaction in your brain - can i proof that this rigth...no. But can anybody give me a proof for the opposite...no.

So its just a question of faith - i believe that there is nothing like a afterlife but its ok for me if someone believe something different.

Why there have to be something after death ? Because the humans are not able to imagine no longer to exist ?
The purpose of life is life itself.....or maybe there is no purpose. I dont see a reason why there have to be a purpose of life.
The mankind is just a part of the world....universe or whatever. And a very small part and just for a little short time (about 10000years). Things in this universe appear and disappear.......this will happen to the mankind and this is happening to persons everyday. Is there a purpose ?!....this is just how this world works.

Oh no I didn't mean the proof of the afterlife, rather the endorphins sent to your brain at the exact moment where it seems that death is welcoming you, when you truly think about no longer existing, when you realize it isn't a sleep you get to wake up from.

The purpose of life is life itself? What does that even mean? The universe is illogical. We will never attain understanding of how or why it was created. With that notion, alone, how can one comprehend how or why the world works? But as I said before what we fear what we cannot understand.... and we try to create rationality against the irrational, we are merely humans which is why I tend not to try to understand this leviathan of a subject.... and someday I'll merely just be another number in history....

Dr.Robotnick
August 30, 2009, 06:49 AM
Ehem...You see a light and smells bad you go in a place (the heaven) and you tanlk with god and he tells you where you go (to hell o to heaven) and finally in that place you reand manga!
[hr]
Ehem..You see a light and you fell it well, you have to go to the light and talk with god, he tells you where you go (hell or heven) and finally in the place you go you read manga!

BBB Banana
September 12, 2009, 07:37 PM
I believe there's nothing after death so we don't have to fear anything instead we should live each day as if it was the last one.

And the thing that made me fell death the most was being strangled during jiu jtsu pratices. ~

It's weird at the fisrt time because you lose your breath you think you are going to die and then start losing you sense of vision your body stop respawing and then it's only black because your brain stops working due to lack of oxigen and I believe death is similar to that, death for me is nothingness

Cler
September 15, 2009, 11:33 AM
I believe that every human has heaven or hell in the earth...But I think that death only beginning of real life... And we die we can crate our own heaven or hell...

Delbi
September 16, 2009, 07:01 PM
In my philosophy class today the my prof. brought up the idea that sleeping is a taste of what death actually is. That when the body dies, the conscious goes into a permant state of sleep, and our minds may exist as abstract energies that float around.

Baron Hugenstein
September 16, 2009, 08:33 PM
Aaaa the eternal question:
Well, when we die, we won't care about that :XD

gh0un
September 22, 2009, 09:28 PM
What happened before you lived? Nothing.
What happens after you die? Nothing.
The idea of reincarnation in itself, is a contradiction:

If you dont take your memories with you into the next life, then you shouldnt have a single moment in time, where you remember something, as life is endless, an endless cycle of not remembering anything.
Yet i do remember what i did yesterday.
One could argue that this is due to me not having finished this particular life yet, and thus im remembering things.
As soon as i die however, and begin a new life, i wont be able to remember, that i remembered yesterday.
This is the reason why there could never be a "current" life cycle, because you cant tell which ones the current if you cant remember it.

The second possibility would be, that you keep your memories, its obvious however that this aint the case, as every single person should be able to remember his prior life (as the cycle is endless, you should have infinite memories).
This aint the case.

So what happens if you die?
The moleculs you were made up off return into the system, thats all there is to happen.

Whats the purpose of life?
Giving people headaches about answering the very question.

Whats my opinion on the purpose of life?
Life does not have a purpose.
Life is merely a coincidence of the right atoms gathering together.

You surely now these tedious snails that suddenly appear in your aquarium without prior indication? It just happened that the required atoms for these creatures are available in your aquarium.
Even though i must admit, those snails seem to have a purpose in life:
cleaning the glass from the inside.

~Brianma~
September 30, 2009, 06:42 AM
In Christianity: Be with the god.
Muslim: Be with the God.
Buddhist: Go to heaven/Hell Or reborn
Hindu: Reborn until achieved nirvana lvl...
Pagan: Merge with the Wind/Ground and sun and deities.

Well, tons of version of life after death....I would rather go to heaven then to be reborn or merge with the wind lol.

pirateninjahunter
September 30, 2009, 01:38 PM
you go to heaven if you were a good boy.
to hell if you have shown spoilers to other people.

Dalyup!
September 30, 2009, 03:41 PM
I'm of the belief that when you die, absolutely nothing happens and you simply just cease to exist; your consciousness is no longer existent.

Remember what it was like before you born? That's right, you don't: there was nothing at all, and I think that will be the same for death.

Bugzee
October 17, 2009, 01:31 PM
Dont know exactly, havent met someone who knows for certain what happens!!! Not that i want someone to know for certain and tell me but at the sametime i do want to know for certain LOOOL!

BBB Banana
October 17, 2009, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know someone who's been in coma? that's probably the most trhustable person or perhaps someone who has been in a vegetarian state.

blai
October 17, 2009, 06:58 PM
It's essentially the same thing. The 'vegetable state' and coma.

BBB Banana
October 17, 2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah it's allmost the same but the vegetable state comes after coma in some cases. Must be weird do be awake but not aware of that.

Xadyu
October 21, 2009, 02:32 PM
You get burned or buried.

Simple as that.

Orochimaru-Sama
October 21, 2009, 04:36 PM
What is the purpose of life?
Life.
Anyways guys,we're all on the same boat,we will be all defeated by old age.
If we're taking too much time to think about the purpose of life,well then we will be already 80 years old.
Soon or late mankind will find an answer,i guess,exploring other planets or galaxies.
If we don't kill each others before in the final show:WW3.

I seriously think there is nothing after life.

Teaparty
October 24, 2009, 10:58 PM
I don't think there's anything after life either. That's why I don't wanna die, and at the same time, I don't feel like living. Dying would be so much simpler, right? ;)

dpsoul
December 28, 2009, 12:52 PM
who knows? :P all answers will just be theories

SketchyPhoenix
December 28, 2009, 02:07 PM
who knows? :P all answers will just be theories

Dohohohohohoho. I don't know about y'all, but when I die, my head asplodes and I am reborn as a clone to destroy evil!

boemshiika
January 13, 2010, 09:37 AM
what are the chances of a whole new dimension opening up for yah 4D, sixth sense, third eye whatever you wanna call it. life goes on but you're trapped in this dimension screaming at your loved ones for help.

i remember someone was telling me that in a village somewhere a man was having trouble with one of his cows who was giving birth (it just wouldn't come out). so they took her to the cemetery and a s soon as they got there she 'dropped it like its hot' (it scared the shit out of her).

i used to hear that animals had a knack for the super natural but this takes it to a whole new level. at first i didn't believe any of it but then i thought about it for a minute and realized that i've never seen any animals at cemetery's and i've seen my fair share of cemetery's.

so think about it for a minute. all this time we've been looking for life on other planets whilst there might be a whole other race living with us. and im not talking about advanced alien camouflage technology but a another dimension and life goes on in there after death.

~FrienD~
February 04, 2010, 02:57 AM
idk about you ppl but when i die i plan on overthrowing whoever god or demon there is in hell or heaven and replace them(endless revolution) then send minions to the living realm and destroy all that lives and probably create a new world where endless lolis and females exist.

so that explains my belief of what might happen when i die)

AnkorSVK
February 04, 2010, 06:18 AM
idk about you ppl but when i die i plan on overthrowing whoever god or demon there is in hell or heaven and replace them(endless revolution) then send minions to the living realm and destroy all that lives and probably create a new world where endless lolis and females exist.

so that explains my belief of what might happen when i die)

Well i dont wanna disappoint you but its questionable if there is hell and heaven. Dont believe in the picured "bible " spread under the sheep. You would be surprised what contains the real bible (72 original -if you can call it lke that- books) :)
On your place i would more look into buddhistic books of death so that i know who to kill :D
P.S. Im baptized katholic and use to go to church however i learned to see, listen and think for myselp;)

walkie
February 06, 2010, 06:26 PM
when u die, u become either a shinigami or a hollow, dont you????? forever bleach :P

Oblivion
February 13, 2010, 10:50 AM
i (that being my consciousness) become nothing. I will be no more.

consciousness is just something born from our intellect. an evolutionary step. as one can see: the more intellectual an animal is the more self-aware he is. self-awareness leads to consciousness. Only the most intellectual animals are able to to things without reason. Example: Hurt others for their own joy: Dolphins, Chimpanzees and us Human have such sadistic streak.

So if consciousness is a matter of intellect and derived from evolution and not from a 'godly' matter than once our body gives up we will also stop being on any mental level.

My english is not good enough for philosophical discussions but i hope i could get my point across.

OnceRemoved
February 18, 2010, 01:10 AM
Well I guess it depends on what you believe about a spirit. What gonna happen is gonna happen. But as human beings we have the rights to believe whatever we want....even though it can be our demise or victory.
Personally I believe in heaven but thats just me.

Muhbaer
March 14, 2010, 04:30 PM
When I die, my parents, silblings and friends will cry a lot. everyone will be sad. They'll have a lot or work bringing all my stuff out of my flat and as time goes on, everything will be fine again :p

BBB Banana
March 14, 2010, 05:59 PM
Everybody will only remember you twice a year. In your birthday and in your death's day and after 50 years no one will remember you. You will be just a piece of earth.

NinjahKat
March 14, 2010, 06:18 PM
You reincarnate as an alien on another planet. I thought everyone knew that?

blai
March 15, 2010, 09:52 AM
Everybody will only remember you twice a year. In your birthday and in your death's day and after 50 years no one will remember you. You will be just a piece of earth.

Dude, people who don't even know me will remember my birthday and death's day. I'll be that grande!

Fajler
March 24, 2010, 07:53 AM
When you die... you die...

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 26, 2010, 08:04 PM
you just dont know okay . you wait till judgement day in grave while being in agony if you are bad or totall peace if you are good . when judgement day comes you are to stand before the creator while being asked what good was you re life how did pay you re debt . after that and only thanks to his mercy the good guys are to be in the upper paradise and the evil guys in hell .

the question now how am i meant to be good ??

Charlie
March 27, 2010, 06:15 PM
When you die...

Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad last but not least UFO.

One of the aforementioned guys will visit you-there can be no doubt.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 08:24 PM
When you die...

those are the greatest men who lived anything else is just baseless illogical nonesense explanations .
ofcourse we will meet them after death but if you re good .

Simple as that.

so all we got is this life but what if you are unhappy and you die unhapppy dont you think you deserve to be happy for once .

i (that being my consciousness) become nothing. I will be no more.

consciousness is just something born from our intellect. an evolutionary step. as one can see: the more intellectual an animal is the more self-aware he is. self-awareness leads to consciousness. Only the most intellectual animals are able to to things without reason. Example: Hurt others for their own joy: Dolphins, Chimpanzees and us Human have such sadistic streak.

So if consciousness is a matter of intellect and derived from evolution and not from a 'godly' matter than once our body gives up we will also stop being on any mental level.

My english is not good enough for philosophical discussions but i hope i could get my point across.

so you are saying there is no soul . we are mere smart animals if you can prove it ill believe you .
if you cant then human = body + soul .

your value is in what you do best .

Dohohohohohoho. I don't know about y'all, but when I die, my head asplodes and I am reborn as a clone to destroy evil!

i call this confusion .

Drmke
March 27, 2010, 09:09 PM
those are the greatest men who lived anything else is just baseless illogical nonesense explanations .
ofcourse we will meet them after death but if you re good .

I couldn't help but notice you didn't include Buddha in your "greatest men who ever lived." Buddha taught some amazing things, granted he wasn't the only one who did. Many Eastern, non-Arabic religious teachers taught more peaceful teaching than Jesus or Muhammad.

so you are saying there is no soul . we are mere smart animals if you can prove it ill believe you .
if you cant then human = body + soul .

Well, not to offend you or anything, but when you say if you can't prove this is wrong then its true, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You can believe anything you want, but when it comes to proof, you must prove something does exist, not that it doesn't.

If a doctor treating you said he was going to treat you for demonic possession when you were sick, and when you told him that it wasn't demonic possession making you sick but a cold, and he said prove its not demons, how would you respond? True, that analogy is a little silly, but people used to believe like that and some still do. But regardless, asking for proof something doesn't exist doesn't work in an argument.[/QUOTE]

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 09:21 PM
I couldn't help but notice you didn't include Buddha in your "greatest men who ever lived." Buddha taught some amazing things, granted he wasn't the only one who did. Many Eastern, non-Arabic religious teachers taught more peaceful teaching than Jesus or Muhammad.

[/QUOTE]

i thought buddha is a statue that was warshipped by the easterns .

my friend no human wants to be considered an animal for the sake of dignity and the gift of the mind and the beauty of humans its bad to put you re self in the same league as an animal . humans are civilized elegant creatures .

one thing the idea of the human soul is as old as humans and who do you suggest implanted this idea into people in the first place you cant spit on an older belief if you cant prove that its wrong .
Judaism Christianity and islam are the most accurate and oldest relegions on earth and non of them objected to the idea of the human soul .

Drmke
March 27, 2010, 09:32 PM
i thought buddha is a statue that was warshipped by the easterns .[/QUOTE]

No he was a real man that was the basist for Buddhism and all those statues.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 09:49 PM
No he was a real man that was the basist for Buddhism and all those statues.

so the statue is their book their evidence their hopes everything that could determine their fate what solutions does buddha suggest to the aferlife ?? .

a religion which doesnt give you a clear image of the afterlife which makes sleep at night knowing that you are gonna be okay if you die while asleep .

if i were you i wouldnt invest my heart in a statue .

Drmke
March 27, 2010, 10:04 PM
so the statue is their book their evidence their hopes everything that could determine their fate what solutions does buddha suggest to the aferlife ?? .

a religion which doesnt give you a clear image of the afterlife which makes sleep at night knowing that you are gonna be okay if you die while asleep .

if i were you i wouldnt invest my heart in a statue .

No they have religious texts. The statues are just like Christian crosses. And most of Buddhism doesn't really believe in an afterlife (pretty sure about this though I could be wrong), though there are some sects that believe that the afterlife is just an extension of your conscience. And their desceiptions of this "afterlife" are extremely vivid. And just because something helps you sleep at night says nothing about whether or not its true.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 10:20 PM
No they have religious texts.

accuracy ?? trust my friend relatively i would say christianity is more believable than buddhism

The statues are just like Christian crosses. And most of Buddhism doesn't really believe in an afterlife (pretty sure about this though I could be wrong), though there are some sects that believe that the afterlife is just an extension of your conscience.

how is that believable its still doubtful not clear enough .

And just because something helps you sleep at night says nothing about whether or not its true.

just tell me what you feel if you are gonna die in 5 min ? what would come to your mind first ?

Charlie
March 28, 2010, 09:25 AM
When you die...

I mentioned these guys because they cover most of the worlds religion. So

when you die most of the members here would be covered. :D

UFO- was thrown in for the non/atheist/agnostic believers. :goomba

Organizized
March 29, 2010, 06:38 PM
I don't know about you guys, but when I die, I'm getting on a helicopter headed straight for Mars, where I will live with dinosaurs and indians with laser guns who fight axe-carrying robots and eat nothing but PIZZA! :dance And it won't matter that it's unhealthy, because I'll already be dead! :D

Someone told me I get to this place called heaven where, if I've been a good person I'll get to go through a couple of girly gates (I imagine they are pink and carry lots of make-up in their purses) and if I've been a bad person I'll be thrown into some flaming oven or something. I like my version better. :tem

*ahem*

Or, you know, nothing happens after you die because you won't be alive to experience it. Either way works.

~*Enigma*~
March 29, 2010, 09:00 PM
@dark lord I see you are a Muslim?

Well my beliefs about the afterlife are according to Islam.

Drmke
March 30, 2010, 04:21 PM
accuracy ?? trust my friend relatively i would say christianity is more believable than buddhism

Well accuracy can't be determined while we're alive now can it? ;) But once again, believability doesn't really mean anything as far as what's right and wrong.

how is that believable its still doubtful not clear enough .

Its perfectly clear to the people that believe it. Others' religious beliefs tend to not make a lot of sense to people who weren't raised around them.

just tell me what you feel if you are gonna die in 5 min ? what would come to your mind first ?

If I was about to die, the things I would think about would be my family, if I lived a good life by my own standards, and did I do anything that left a lasting effect on the people I care about.

Honestly, for me, the last thing I would worry about would be what is gonna happen to me after I die. If I'm dying, there is already nothing I can do about it so why worry?

Personally, I do hope there is some form of afterlife for people to enjoy (enjoy being the keyword here) after they die. Its a great thought.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 31, 2010, 06:53 AM
@dark lord I see you are a Muslim?

Well my beliefs about the afterlife are according to Islam.

you are exactly a muslim or you just like islams presentation of the afterlife .?

I don't know about you guys, but when I die, I'm getting on a helicopter headed straight for Mars, where I will live with dinosaurs and indians with laser guns who fight axe-carrying robots and eat nothing but PIZZA! :dance And it won't matter that it's unhealthy, because I'll already be dead! :D .
i dont know and i dont want to sound harsh but are you serious ?
this kinda makes me sad you know by saying this you are actually putting no value in your life i mean certain people like this and due to confusion might end up commiting suicide just to know whats gonna happen .

Someone told me I get to this place called heaven where, if I've been a good person I'll get to go through a couple of girly gates (I imagine they are pink and carry lots of make-up in their purses) and if I've been a bad person I'll be thrown into some flaming oven or something. I like my version better. :tem .

im sorry my friend but thats beyond imagination no matter how words discribe things reality is just not leaving a room for imagination .

*ahem*

Or, you know, nothing happens after you die because you won't be alive to experience it. Either way works.

you have like a certainty in words though i would be glad to know based on what you write this are you following a certain religion because that would be tolerable since you are actually believing in something but just making nonesense is bad and makes you sound like an ignorant which no offence not much different from an animal .

~*Enigma*~
March 31, 2010, 03:23 PM
you are exactly a muslim or you just like islams presentation of the afterlife .?

Yes, I am a Muslim. Are you?

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 31, 2010, 08:58 PM
Yes, I am a Muslim. Are you?

so you are a native american and a muslim ?
and were you actually not a muslim before ?

Lord Rayleigh
April 01, 2010, 02:47 PM
I've seen someone trying to explain what is existentialism but it was wrong.
Please notice that there is a Christian existentialism and that it's different from existentialism which is a philosophical trend born in France in the 20th century.

The main idea behind existentialism is that the nature of the human is not defined from the beginning, from the day he was born. It means a human does not have a nature before it exists.

A human being does not know what is his function, what he was created for. Albert Camus explained that the universe does not give us any answer to this question - it is silent - and that's why life is fundamentally absurd. There still may be a reason why we're here but anyway we do not know it and we will not be able to.

Jean-Paul Sartre, explained that the existence of an human comes before its nature : we first come to the world and we exist but we do not have a nature yet. Then, each of us defines himself with his actions in the life and thus his own nature comes. It's by living and existing that you are able to create your nature.
It's not the same with an object : it cannot define its nature because it has been created to answer a need. For example, a lighter has been created to light things.
I think you can understand that Sartre is atheist : as God did not create the human, the human is not predetermined. From the beginning, the human is fundamentally nothing and thus his future radically belongs to him : the human is nothing more than what he does, he is only the result of his doings in his existence. He is free and creates hiw own nature and thus is entirely responsible for his doings.

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 01, 2010, 05:54 PM
There are many evidences which emphasizes on god’s existence and its devided as the following :
It is scientifically known that the universe has an age so does earth and the human being and at a certain time there was no universe and then what happened ?? . the systems appeared , Galaxies , humans , plants everything alive . and as we all know there cant be an action without an actor , thus creating such complicated organized precise things requires that the creator should have absolute knowledge , power , and wisedom .
For example if you have all the parts needed to make a car , even after millions of years there wont be a car but with the proper technology and science and a car maker its possible to create a car .
So as to make such perfect and precise beings like humans , planets , birds … there is absolutely no room for coincidence .
In short humans didn’t create themselves or everything around them . because no body has claimed before that he can be created from nothingness or being able to create something like humans .
in the first proof we know two things :
1 - the occurrence of something that didn’t exist before ( universe , planets , humans …)
2 – the perfection which defines these beings and absolutely leaves no room for randomness .

To be continued

~*Enigma*~
April 01, 2010, 06:32 PM
so you are a native american and a muslim ?
and were you actually not a muslim before ?

I'm not Native American. Where did you get that idea? I'm African American and I've been a Muslim since birth.

So back to my question, are you a Muslim?

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 01, 2010, 08:03 PM
I'm not Native American. Where did you get that idea? I'm African American and I've been a Muslim since birth.

So back to my question, are you a Muslim?

yes im my friend .

blai
April 01, 2010, 08:28 PM
i dont know and i dont want to sound harsh but are you serious ?
this kinda makes me sad you know by saying this you are actually putting no value in your life i mean certain people like this and due to confusion might end up commiting suicide just to know whats gonna happen .

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a serious explanation, more of a wishful thinking. Just as I wished that heaven existed and that there was a lesbian cloud to which I can peek from my computer-cloud where everyone plays awesomesauce games. This is just a fragment of my huge picture of my after-life.

I doubt that there's any chance that Organ will commit suicide just to know what's going to happen, and I really feel sorry for the people who does that because they clearly seem to have misunderstood the whole concept with life and faith in what comes next.

im sorry my friend but thats beyond imagination no matter how words discribe things reality is just not leaving a room for imagination .

I believe that the after-life is what we want it to be until we actually die and are, most likely, proved wrong. Until then a persons views, as ignorant, abstract or silly they might be to you, should be respected and not looked down upon.

you have like a certainty in words though i would be glad to know based on what you write this are you following a certain religion because that would be tolerable since you are actually believing in something but just making nonesense is bad and makes you sound like an ignorant which no offence not much different from an animal .

Again, even though he might be making fun of the subject (which I don't support) I can't see him making fun of any certain religion, and I see no disrespect towards them either.

Note that I'm born Roman-Catholic, I do not agree with what the Bible tells me is going to happen after I die. I don't want that to be true, and thus, for me, it's not. In the same way as I, for example, don't want to believe that I can enter "nirvana" in the way that they believe in Buddhism and thus, for me, it's not. The pope's word should be my law and the Bible my guideline but I see religion as something completely different than what the general mass does and words can't describe how many flaws I've seen in, for example, the Bible. Mainly because the fact that a lot of gods turned into one god who contradicted himself in many, many ways.
There are no evidence whatsoever that gives religion credibility, but neither are there any evidence pointing towards the fact that religion is bullshit.

I want to think that what happens is something f*cking awesome and I really wish that when we die we enter a "dreaming" state where we can create our own world, our own afterlife. Maybe we want to meet up with our friends after this life, then I'll make it happen, maybe I want to be Chuck Norris, I'll make it happen. Anything should be possible because if it's not, then it won't be heaven for many people. Heaven, or what happens to us after this life is subjective and should be created/experienced subjectively.

Sorry for the wall of text.

[hr]
If you want to make further discussions into the Religious topic of this matter, feel free to check out the Religious Discussion and Q&A Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12300)

-Blai

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 01, 2010, 09:25 PM
I believe that the after-life is what we want it to be until we actually die and are, most likely, proved wrong. Until then a persons views, as ignorant, abstract or silly they might be to you, should be respected and not looked down upon.convenient

i dont look down on anybody but i dont apreciate this topic being taken lightly .

i
There are no evidence whatsoever that gives religion credibility, i

what religion are you talking about here , christianty i wonder how many bibles there are ? this proves that it no longer has any credibility since people started writing whats convenient for them and called it the bible .

you could simply disagree with what the bible says like its another opinion or a fantasy or nonesense just like whats been said in this thread because its not gods words . the creator who has absolute knowledge that you cant find contradiction in his words but you gotta believe in him .

while islam which comes from the one and only quran gives all answers to this matter you should read it my friend .

and one thing islam defines paradise as the place in which you find your wildest fantasy . i dont see the problem i mean you do what god says then you go to paradise and you can have whatever you want so simple .

and i forgot to add that you cant talk about death without relating to religion then i believe we arent offtopic .
the other topic became extremely silly i mean people started talking about getting wasted they are not even taking it seriously .

Organizized
April 02, 2010, 07:14 PM
I didn't even realize my post had been responded to, but thanks Blai for responding in my stead. :)

Sorry about my last post, by the way. It was obviously overly sarcastic and I had forgotten all about it the day after (wasn't completely sober when I made the post). I was probably amused by it in that state, but I can understand other people aren't. If I offended anyone, then I'm sorry. Also, if you think it's not suitable to be in the thread, you can remove it, Blai.

On topic:

That part is kinda true, though, and I stick with this. I'm not a follower of any religion at all, and I'm not very familiar with the details of each religions' view on the "afterlife", just the overall concept of a few of them. But from what I've gathered from those theories, I don't really buy them. They're not believable to me.

The reason I don't think it is possible to keep living after you die is, well, you die. "Death" meaning "the permanent end of all life functions in an organism". Now, what makes us conscious at all, what makes it possible to experience feelings and emotions, is the senses and their connection to the brain. You remove the brain, these senses and emotions all cease to exist, and thus, your consciousness.

Now, most religions claim that's why we have a soul, because the soul is what lives on. But that doesn’t make sense to me either, because that means the soul has all these things as well. If we’re able to keep living as souls after we die, the soul must be capable of making us see, feel, smell, taste etc. (since that is what makes us experience things, and thus be conscious). But then, how come if someone goes blind, the soul doesn't enable him to still see? And if it isn't capable of this, it's not really you, since the senses are... well, you know what I mean by now.

I don't really want to get an Atheism vs. Religion discussion started here, because I've seen them too many times before and I know nothing good ever comes out of them and they never come to a reasonable end. The reason of this post is simply to clarify my previous, immature one. I hope I added something to the thread this time instead of being a sarcastic jerk. :)

And I gotta agree, it's kind of impossible not to mix religion into this subject, but I tried to at least not touch on that too much.

Charlie
April 03, 2010, 02:10 AM
Well there are those that believe that nothing happens. Reference was my old math teacher. He believed that when he dies his body will just stay in the grave and that'll be the end.

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 03, 2010, 06:19 AM
if i ask through what you can see ?? scientifically you 'll answer with : the brain because the eyes are a mere connection so the brain needs eyes to recieve informations .

but the question still isnt complete now who sees inside the brain ?? we know the brain is formed of many nerve cells , blind cells , has no senses so are these cells the one that sees ? is it something inside those cells which are formed of atomes ? then who sees ? who feels ?

it must be something on top of this substance called the brain and that being can feel and sense . its in the body and we cant help calling it a fact its the soul .

in this world we believe in the reason and the consequence its common sense just for a moment ask yourself why ? why was i created what is the reason for all this .

@ organizized apology accepted :)

Organizized
April 03, 2010, 07:14 AM
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but...

Your eyes. That's what sees things. The eyes sees, sends signals thorugh the nerve system to the brain, where the "data" is processed making us see. The brain is what makes us who we are, because that's where all our sensations and emotions are, in the end, made. Now, like I said, if there was a soul in there that was capable of experiencing and sensing things, wouldn't it work as a backup if one lost a sense?

What makes us see and feel and smell and touch and all that stuff is the brain. Thus, your brain is you. And if the brain took off, out of our heads and flew into the sky, that might be what I'd consider a way to live on (and we all heard how ridiculous that idea sounded :p). The brain doesn't live on after we die, so I just don't buy it.

<.Haruka.>
April 03, 2010, 08:51 AM
the cycle of life according to the Elric brothers from FullMetal Alchemist...

“If I died the world would continue to move along as if nothing had happened.”
“Because you’re just a small part of it.”
“When the small part in this case me, dies, the body remains.”
“Water, Carbon, Ammonia, Lime, Phosphorous, Salt, Saltpeter, Sulfur, Magnesium, Fluorine, Iron, and Aluminum right?”
“Right. The body’s only a combination of those simple elements. Nothing more. We’re destined to be decomposed by bacteria, and become nutrients for plants, then you follow the process further, those plants nourish herbivores.”
“And those herbivores nourish carnivores. Even others like us. And even though we lose awareness our lives keep on moving through the system.”
“The great flow that maintains the universe, call it the cycle of life, the course of nature each one of us is just a small part of that part. One in the all. Yet without all the individual ones, the all can’t exist. This world flows by following grander laws that we can’t even imagine. To recognize that flow, to work in it. To decompose, and recreate...

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 03, 2010, 11:10 AM
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but...

Your eyes. That's what sees things. The eyes sees, sends signals thorugh the nerve system to the brain, where the "data" is processed making us see. The brain is what makes us who we are, because that's where all our sensations and emotions are, in the end, made. Now, like I said, if there was a soul in there that was capable of experiencing and sensing things, wouldn't it work as a backup if one lost a sense?

What makes us see and feel and smell and touch and all that stuff is the brain. Thus, your brain is you. And if the brain took off, out of our heads and flew into the sky, that might be what I'd consider a way to live on (and we all heard how ridiculous that idea sounded :p). The brain doesn't live on after we die, so I just don't buy it.

lets say you have a telescope through which you can see the sky . now if the telescope breaks down we no longer can see the sky . but who is seeing the sky you or the telescope ? its you .

now is the telescope only a mean which allows you to see the sky or the telescope is seeing the sky ?

concerning the brain no one denies that without brain cells you cant do the thinking but is the brain only a mean for the soul to make contact with the outside world or the brain is the soul ?

the eye recieves light coming from an external source this light becomes electric signals which is transfered to a certain vision point in the brain then these signals through a procedsure the brain does they become an image so what gives the image the brain or the eye . the eye is the link between the brain and the outside world .
no offence but this is science .

the cycle of life according to the Elric brothers from FullMetal Alchemist...

“If I died the world would continue to move along as if nothing had happened.”
“Because you’re just a small part of it.”
“When the small part in this case me, dies, the body remains.”
“Water, Carbon, Ammonia, Lime, Phosphorous, Salt, Saltpeter, Sulfur, Magnesium, Fluorine, Iron, and Aluminum right?”
“Right. The body’s only a combination of those simple elements. Nothing more. We’re destined to be decomposed by bacteria, and become nutrients for plants, then you follow the process further, those plants nourish herbivores.”
“And those herbivores nourish carnivores. Even others like us. And even though we lose awareness our lives keep on moving through the system.”
“The great flow that maintains the universe, call it the cycle of life, the course of nature each one of us is just a small part of that part. One in the all. Yet without all the individual ones, the all can’t exist. This world flows by following grander laws that we can’t even imagine. To recognize that flow, to work in it. To decompose, and recreate...

no offence but dont confuse a manga with the real life because its still someone's creation in which he tries to transfer his beliefs and dont forget that a mangaka is a human who's knowledge isnt perfect and you could actually come up with something better than his .

Organizized
April 03, 2010, 12:27 PM
I don't really get the telescope thing. I can probably still see the sky even if the telescope breaks down, because my eyes still grant me vision. >_>

Actually, reading your post, I'm confused as to what we're really discussing. You're wondering whether the brain is a mean for the soul to make contact with the outside world, or if it is the soul. And I'm of the opinion that there is no such thing as a "soul" in the first place, so..

the eye recieves light coming from an external source this light becomes electric signals which is transfered to a certain vision point in the brain then these signals through a procedsure the brain does they become an image so what gives the image the brain or the eye . the eye is the link between the brain and the outside world .
no offence but this is science .

Yeah, and that's pretty much what I said. So yeah, at least we agree on that part..

What were we talking about again? :headscratch

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 03, 2010, 01:04 PM
I don't really get the telescope thing. I can probably still see the sky even if the telescope breaks down, because my eyes still grant me vision. >_>

not the traditional sky because your eyes cant see the entire outside space .

Actually, reading your post, I'm confused as to what we're really discussing. You're wondering whether the brain is a mean for the soul to make contact with the outside world, or if it is the soul. And I'm of the opinion that there is no such thing as a "soul" in the first place, so..

the question is the basis for philosophy now you can find a logic in my words . just put the brain as the telescope and the person is the soul .

Yeah, and that's pretty much what I said. So yeah, at least we agree on that part..

What were we talking about again? :headscratch

we are discussing the reason why after dead a soul still lives on .

blai
April 03, 2010, 03:02 PM
and i forgot to add that you cant talk about death without relating to religion then i believe we arent offtopic .
the other topic became extremely silly i mean people started talking about getting wasted they are not even taking it seriously .

That's not what I meant. What I meant was that if you wanted to further discuss religion, logical thinking and differences etc. you could continue in that thread. I don't believe that you can discuss the possibility of an afterlife without including religion, I just want to keep this discussion strictly about what happens after we die and since it's a broad subject it's easy to drift off topic while discussing.

But don't mind me, please continue!

-Blai

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 03, 2010, 10:10 PM
the main effects atheism has on an individuel is concern , disorder , confusion , psychological conflict . because inside of everyone there is a persistent instinct , questions , such us why were we created ? who created us ? where are we heading ?

and if the traffic of life may sometimes prevent one from looking thoroughly into the answers and searching for the secret of life and the universe , but very often you find yourself in front of this quesion . sickness , accidents , disasters , losing family or someone very close to you might push you to think of your future and where youre going to end up . and since atheism is an ignorant dogma because it stands for the not existance of god it doesnt give much satisfying answers and it doesnt offer many solutions to get rid of confusion and concern and as a result the secret of life will always stay a confusing mystery .

atheism is always incapable of understanding the reason of this life and this universe and it secures nothing but suppositions and assumptions which neither satisfy you or convince you , and with the frequent persistence of the intinct and these questions one will remain always in agony .

the only logical answer is to pick the safe side chose a relegion which makes up for all this and gives you answers that makes sense and eventually makes you get rid of confusion .( and ofcourse whats better than mine )

im saying this because only the relegion carries the answers to the after life .

Charlie
April 03, 2010, 11:13 PM
I personally believe there is something to the "after life". Even though I don't practice any religion at the moment. There been countless near death experiments or cases where individuals who didn't believe in religion said that they saw something after they were pronounced dead.

Some individuals who came back after being "dead" said that they were able to walk around and hear all the conversations between family members or individuals at the hospitals in their spirit form.

Drmke
April 03, 2010, 11:33 PM
Well the near death experience thing can be explained by science as well. When the brain begins to shut down (usually caused by death :XD), it starts to "trick" itself into thinking something else is happening. Usually, it makes you think good things but it can always make you see bad things as well (heaven, hell). Of course you can chalk these up to actual spiritual phenomenon, but then you have to consider the people who have near-death experiences who don't see heaven or hell but something different all together. Some people see their family or something else that makes them happy, real or not. Most (and I say most because nothing is certain) are simply cause by the brain panicking.

<.Haruka.>
April 04, 2010, 01:30 AM
no offence but dont confuse a manga with the real life because its still someone's creation in which he tries to transfer his beliefs and dont forget that a mangaka is a human who's knowledge isnt perfect and you could actually come up with something better than his .
Its ok :) I'm just quoting a conversation from the manga which is similar to food chain. Human is part of the food chain. I'm more into the scientific explanation than on beliefs but I do still respect/observe different views about life & death.

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 04, 2010, 05:44 AM
I personally believe there is something to the "after life". Even though I don't practice any religion at the moment. There been countless near death experiments or cases where individuals who didn't believe in religion said that they saw something after they were pronounced dead.

Some individuals who came back after being "dead" said that they were able to walk around and hear all the conversations between family members or individuals at the hospitals in their spirit form.

as drmke said it could be a brain deception but i heared a similar incident here , a woman after being officialy dead she was burried a couple days after they checked her grave to their surprise she was still alive she wanted to talk about what she heared and saw but she cant .

meaning that something is preventing her from exposing these secrets .

Its ok :) I'm just quoting a conversation from the manga which is similar to food chain. Human is part of the food chain. I'm more into the scientific explanation than on beliefs but I do still respect/observe different views about life & death.

human is on top of the food chain everything goes for people's sake . humans were given earth to enjoy the goods in it but in return you have to fulfill the reason of youre creation .

its good to look at it that way i mean its good to try and find defferent views and all that but you'll stay lost you wont know what to choose while time is passing and at a certain point you'll start asking how was my life .

well instead of just wasting time looking for a truth that isnt meant to be known yet look at the big picture .

and if someone is interested i'll be happy to help

blai
April 04, 2010, 06:51 AM
im saying this because only the religion carries the answers to the after life .

That is not necessarily true. Religion carries only explanations, and not answers, that doesn't necessarily have to be true. What happens after we die might be something completely different to what any religion practices. We might all become F1 drivers in another planet, who knows?
However, you're right that only religions tells us what will happen, in one way or the other, and atheists doesn't have to be ignorant, they just don't want to believe in something they can't prove.

I know a lot of atheists and they're not disrespectful, but they just don't want to believe something they can't prove, it's for them, a waste of time, while I'm somewhere between a believing Catholic and agnostic. They more or less feel that this life is the only thing we get, no afterlife, so they rather "live it to the fullest, than to follow some rules, go to church, etc, when it's only superstition because when we die, we die, we'll decompose and that's it".

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 04, 2010, 09:04 AM
That is not necessarily true. Religion carries only explanations, and not answers, that doesn't necessarily have to be true. What happens after we die might be something completely different to what any religion practices. We might all become F1 drivers in another planet, who knows?

then you are saying that relegion doesnt have crediblity then the prophet is only a lie thus god doesnt exist . then its like you are not believing in history therefore albert einstein and aristotle didnt exist .

but we do agree on one thing christianity is corrupt just like the previous ones . through the course of history many prophets were sent countless times and they had one message there is only one god . the last relegion is islam which says that and also to beleive in every prophet that was mentioned in the quran or the suna .

its in humans nature to deny , people dont want to beleive in something that isnt proved well just start looking at yourself an inteligent creature cant be made randomly by coinsidence

However, you're right that only religions tells us what will happen, in one way or the other, and atheists doesn't have to be ignorant, they just don't want to believe in something they can't prove.

I know a lot of atheists and they're not disrespectful, but they just don't want to believe something they can't prove, it's for them, a waste of time, while I'm somewhere between a believing Catholic and agnostic. They more or less feel that this life is the only thing we get, no afterlife, so they rather "live it to the fullest, than to follow some rules, go to church, etc, when it's only superstition because when we die, we die, we'll decompose and that's it".

how do you define living to the fullest ? you mean sex , alcohol having a good time , you are not gonna stay young forever you have like 20 years approximatly and then you become older sometimes you might see something which turns you upside down and then you start wish you had more time . in short its a nature for you wanting to live longer so you can never satisfy yourself no matter how long you live so there is nothing as living to the fullest in this path of doing whatever you want because eventually you'll end up having regrets .

respectful atheists is no deffirent from a disrespectful one because atheisme in itself is disrespecting the almighty saying that you didnt create me you didnt give me brain nor eyes to see the world you created for me , isnt that disrespectful enough is that how you repay the one who only wants you to respond to him so he can give you what you want .
lot of atheists dont make sense they are trading the mind relief with confusion its like there is two paths one is a long risky and the other is short and safe they chose the first that is stupid .

these are verses translated in english though it may not carry the same impact as in arabic but here we go

[In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

21. Such as fear not the meeting with Us (for Judgment) say: "Why are not the angels sent down to us, or (why) do we not see our Lord?" Indeed they have an arrogant conceit of themselves, and mighty is the insolence of their impiety!

22. The Day they see the angels,- no joy will there be to the sinners that Day: The (angels) will say: "There is a barrier forbidden (to you) altogether!" ]
:crying

[ In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
190. Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding,-

191. Men who celebrate the praises of Allah, standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and contemplate the (wonders of) creation in the heavens and the earth, (With the thought): "Our Lord! not for naught Hast Thou created (all) this! Glory to Thee! Give us salvation from the penalty of the Fire. ]

Drmke
April 04, 2010, 02:19 PM
then you are saying that relegion doesnt have crediblity then the prophet is only a lie thus god doesnt exist . then its like you are not believing in history therefore albert einstein and aristotle didnt exist .

Well, you see, the difference here is that we have physical, undisputable evidence that Einstein existed. We even have him on video. Aristotle could be argued that he never existed but his existence is supported through many people writing about hom around the time he was alive. Religious beliefs, almost by definition, can't be proven by physical means, and so there is no way (apart from dying) to know who was right and who was wrong.

its in humans nature to deny , people dont want to beleive in something that isnt proved well just start looking at yourself an inteligent creature cant be made randomly by coinsidence

Its true that people tend to not believe things without evidence except when its something they have been raised to believe or when they see how strongly others believe it. That's why religion is considered to almost be part of the human condition.

The intelligence thing can actually be perfectly explained through evolution. Other animals have evolved the ability to use tools and even use complex speech patterns to communicate.

how do you define living to the fullest ? you mean sex , alcohol having a good time , you are not gonna stay young forever you have like 20 years approximatly and then you become older sometimes you might see something which turns you upside down and then you start wish you had more time . in short its a nature for you wanting to live longer so you can never satisfy yourself no matter how long you live so there is nothing as living to the fullest in this path of doing whatever you want because eventually you'll end up having regrets .

Living to the fullest is different from person to person. Basically, its whatever at the end of the day you can say you're proud you did. For some, thats's living their life according to religious teaches; others may be just simply being kind to others.

respectful atheists is no deffirent from a disrespectful one because atheisme in itself is disrespecting the almighty saying that you didnt create me you didnt give me brain nor eyes to see the world you created for me , isnt that disrespectful enough is that how you repay the one who only wants you to respond to him so he can give you what you want .
lot of atheists dont make sense they are trading the mind relief with confusion its like there is two paths one is a long risky and the other is short and safe they chose the first that is stupid .

While I understand how someone being Atheist could be seen as disrespectful to someone religious, you must also understand how beingeligious could be considered disrepectful to an Atheist. They may see it as being disrepectful that thinl they are going to suffer fore enternity because they don't believe the same as you or because they were born into a different situation.

blai
April 04, 2010, 02:55 PM

Saying that it isn't credible isn't the same thing as saying it's a lie. And I believe in history, but you can't seriously compare one of the holy evangelises in the New Testament and the work of Albert Einstein because there are tons of different factors playing a part of the making.

Of course, because they don't feel it's necessary to believe something that might be wrong, people want to be right, and without proof, it might be wrong.

First and foremost, my friends told me that, and I don't know their definition and living to the fullest doesn't necessarily mean sex and alcohol, basically, living life to the fullest in my opinion is living without caring too much about other peoples opinions and to do what you want, not to think of the consequences all the time.

No. It's not even close to the same thing. A disrespectful atheist thinks like this "There's no god, and you're a stupid fuck for believing so. You must be stupid thinking that something like that exists lol gtfo".
A respectful atheist thinks like this "I do not believe in a god, but if you do, it's up to you to believe what you want and you might as well be right, what do I know?"

And your arguments are very biased because when discussing if it's disrespectful or not you should look from a neutral perspective because being religious is disrespectful towards atheists, just as Drmke pointed out.

-Blai

Organizized
April 04, 2010, 03:05 PM

Nailed it.

human is on top of the food chain everything goes for people's sake . humans were given earth to enjoy the goods in it but in return you have to fulfill the reason of youre creation .

So you think the earth was created for humans to enjoy? In my opinion we're just another species on this planet who happened to evolve into the most intelligent species (and some even argue against that), and while we are indeed on top of the food chain, we still weren't placed on this earth as the superior species. What you said pretty much just sounds like a reason to justify the terrible way we're treating the earth's animals, forcing hundreds of them extinct ever year. I'm not saying you're trying to justify such a cause, but going around thinking we're the reason Earth was created is likely to point one in that direction.

Sorry, getting somewhat off topic..

Aight, this doesn't even make sense. I'm being disrespectful to you for not believing in something you can't prove? Then you're just as disrespectful to atheists for completely disregarding their thoughts and ideas of life. I'm not being disrespectful to "the almighty", I simply don't believe there is such a higher power, and I don't think I can be dissing something I don't even reckon exists.

I don't mind you believing in some sort of God. Heck, I can't prove I'm right about there not being one, so why should you not be allowed to think that way? However, when you call me disrespectful for not sharing your belief, telling me I'm wrong even though you can't prove otherwise, that's when you become the disrespectful one.

EDIT: Blai kinda beat me to it. I'm a slow typer. :darn Still stands, though.

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 05, 2010, 07:19 AM
Well, you see, the difference here is that we have physical, undisputable evidence that Einstein existed. We even have him on video. Aristotle could be argued that he never existed but his existence is supported through many people writing about hom around the time he was alive. Religious beliefs, almost by definition, can't be proven by physical means, and so there is no way (apart from dying) to know who was right and who was wrong..

i beilieve that aristotle existed we have his work but aristotle existed before birth of jesus while aristotle believed that god existed through his theory even though people at some point didnt admit his beliefs because he shows no signs of prophecy he is just another human while prophets carry evidences miracles convincing enough but every religion defys human nature which is" i want to do what i want " ofcourse there will be distortions .
that only proves that the prophets existed .
now if you are convinced with something that is common sense you will just take it as granted and you might transfer it to others who will do the same .
just look at muslims we are humans we have a mind why do we not come with stuff like you guys given there is a billion muslim . you cant defy something thats been approved by a mass majority for 14 century .
because islam is convincing enough its granted unquestionable .
and if there was something we hear of it as there bad guys there are good ones who will try to uncover the truth .

Its true that people tend to not believe things without evidence except when its something they have been raised to believe or when they see how strongly others believe it. That's why religion is considered to almost be part of the human condition.

The intelligence thing can actually be perfectly explained through evolution. Other animals have evolved the ability to use tools and even use complex speech patterns to communicate.

if you say there is physical evolution how come we dont physically evolve after all this time . the mind evolves simply because as knowlege enlarges it requires mind to adapt with it and its called learning we dont evolve we learn .

many believers in evoltion mainly sientists admited that its wrong simply because studies shows that the evidence is that some species were found which genuinly matchs the current species .
besides each creature has its specified structure you cant say a bird evolved to a reptile because it doesnt make sense .

Saying that it isn't credible isn't the same thing as saying it's a lie. And I believe in history, but you can't seriously compare one of the holy evangelises in the New Testament and the work of Albert Einstein because there are tons of different factors playing a part of the making.

a human is a human unless you were granted access to a minimum of some upper knowledge and prophets carry that i believe that enstein talked about relegion and science and their integration .
einstein's mind isnt the best now one of you guys could come up with something better .
prophets are on a whole different league because they had revelation from god who created us in all this who knows everything .

to me aristotle or anybody else cant come close to prophets but god granted those people like aristotle a mind to think about and intelligence and you know what they discoverd thanks to their minds ? that god exists .
and their knowledge contributed into our evolution .

Of course, because they don't feel it's necessary to believe something that might be wrong, people want to be right, and without proof, it might be wrong..

my friend the truth or at least a guide wont come to you while you are sitting and drinking alcohol not even awake to use your brain to just search for it you cant say something is wrong and not look for a solution because its math you know an exercise is complicated you cant solve it does that mean it has no answer no it simlpy means you have to make an effort to find it .
but just sitting around saying i dont believe in that end of story because then your pleasing only yourself but instinct pushing to the truth will never rest and there comes the question who created us ?

First and foremost, my friends told me that, and I don't know their definition and living to the fullest doesn't necessarily mean sex and alcohol, basically, living life to the fullest in my opinion is living without caring too much about other peoples opinions and to do what you want, not to think of the consequences all the time..

living to the fullest means to do whatever it takes to find satisfaction aka known happiness it happens that it crosses with our instincts .
and also we are stupid to follow ourselves and not our mind because whatever satisfies you will have a cost either on your time or you health .

No. It's not even close to the same thing. A disrespectful atheist thinks like this "There's no god, and you're a stupid fuck for believing so. You must be stupid thinking that something like that exists lol gtfo".
A respectful atheist thinks like this "I do not believe in a god, but if you do, it's up to you to believe what you want and you might as well be right, what do I know?"

And your arguments are very biased because when discussing if it's disrespectful or not you should look from a neutral perspective because being religious is disrespectful towards atheists, just as Drmke pointed out.

-Blai

atheism is oriented in a one dirrection opposing relegion ( islam) so who should feel offended us or them .
again atheisme brings nothing but the opposite of relief its hard its confusing its bad .

Nailed it.

So you think the earth was created for humans to enjoy? In my opinion we're just another species on this planet who happened to evolve into the most intelligent species (and some even argue against that), and while we are indeed on top of the food chain, we still weren't placed on this earth as the superior species. What you said pretty much just sounds like a reason to justify the terrible way we're treating the earth's animals, forcing hundreds of them extinct ever year. I'm not saying you're trying to justify such a cause, but going around thinking we're the reason Earth was created is likely to point one in that direction. .

treating the earth animals means only one thing evil yes the earth is ours how do you justify nutrition .
god never said to abuse animals its the problem with us we are bad .

Aight, this doesn't even make sense. I'm being disrespectful to you for not believing in something you can't prove? Then you're just as disrespectful to atheists for completely disregarding their thoughts and ideas of life. I'm not being disrespectful to "the almighty", I simply don't believe there is such a higher power, and I don't think I can be dissing something I don't even reckon exists..

atheisem is ungratefull and selfish . you say there is no god meaning i can do whatever i want in this life meaning there is nobody to judge thus if you kill somebody you wont go to hell if you kill thousands of people you think going to prison is enough taking his life is enough no . by doing that you committed a crime you abused someones freedom of life . who gave you the right to do that .
for all the palestinians who is gonna stand up for them no one . innocent people die every they and people get away with it do you think its fair .
you wont revenge on those guys but then again law forbidds you from doing that because you have no proof .
the day we stand before the almighty we become even and then judgement is brought .

I don't mind you believing in some sort of God. Heck, I can't prove I'm right about there not being one, so why should you not be allowed to think that way? However, when you call me disrespectful for not sharing your belief, telling me I'm wrong even though you can't prove otherwise, that's when you become the disrespectful one.

EDIT: Blai kinda beat me to it. I'm a slow typer. :darn Still stands, though.

i explained that and i told you should just try islam as some people try buddhism once you get into islam you can never walk away simlply because it brings you happiness .
when we talk about relegion doesnt mean that human activities should comlpetly stop because it defies our nature .

21. Such as fear not the meeting with Us (for Judgment) say: "Why are not the angels sent down to us, or (why) do we not see our Lord?" Indeed they have an arrogant conceit of themselves, and mighty is the insolence of their impiety!

22. The Day they see the angels,- no joy will there be to the sinners that Day: The (angels) will say: "There is a barrier forbidden (to you) altogether!" ]
:crying

[ In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
190. Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding,-

191. Men who celebrate the praises of Allah, standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and contemplate the (wonders of) creation in the heavens and the earth, (With the thought): "Our Lord! not for naught Hast Thou created (all) this! Glory to Thee! Give us salvation from the penalty of the Fire. ]
anybody interested in these words ? what do you guys think about it ?
or could anybody have enough knowledge to to say something like this ?
its the reveletion of god its the holy quran its the only credible book on earth its protected from the hands of humans .

Charlie
April 05, 2010, 02:26 PM
as drmke said it could be a brain deception but i heared a similar incident here , a woman after being officialy dead she was burried a couple days after they checked her grave to their surprise she was still alive she wanted to talk about what she heared and saw but she cant .

meaning that something is preventing her from exposing these secrets .

That is really interesting... whatever happened to the lady?

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 05, 2010, 09:19 PM
what happend to her she lived . but she cant talk about her experience not even a word . ofcourse if that happend to anybody they'd sure want to talk about it . see the point ?

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

[78. And he makes comparisons for Us, and forgets his own (origin and) Creation: He says, "Who can give life to (dry) bones and decomposed ones (at that)?"

79. Say, "He will give them life Who created them for the first time! for He is Well-versed in every kind of creation!-

80. "The same Who produces for you fire out of the green tree, when behold! ye kindle therewith (your own fires)!

81. "Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth able to create the like thereof?" - Yea, indeed! for He is the Creator Supreme, of skill and knowledge (infinite)!

82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is!

83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will ye be all brought back. ](QURAN 36:78_81)

see the speech in these verses when idolaters of Makkah objected to the possibility of life after death quran here reveals the weakness of their rational thinking while supporting their idea .

Charlie
April 05, 2010, 09:27 PM
Ah I see thanks for the info mate. Hope that lady can lead a peaceful life.

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 05, 2010, 09:45 PM
Ah I see thanks for the info mate. Hope that lady can lead a peaceful life.

ofcourse she will but only if what she saw is good which means she was good but i a horrified face comes due to seeing horrors which means she was no good .
simply the unseen is far beyond imagination my friend its not to be revealed yet for us who could simply die from thirst .

no offence but i sensed sarcasm in your sentence plzz im here glad to read what you would write and dont you think this topic deserves more than one sentence .

Charlie
April 05, 2010, 09:57 PM
No there was no sarcasm and if it seemed like such it wasn't intended. I just hoped that lady will be able to live a decent life after going through such an ordeal.

Now back to topic.

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 05, 2010, 10:26 PM
Now back to topic.

of course here we go again .

24. And they say: "What is there but our life in this world? We shall die and we live, and nothing but time can destroy us." But of that they have no knowledge: they merely conjecture:

25. And when Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them their argument is nothing but this: They say, "Bring (back) our forefathers, if what ye say is true!"

26. Say: "It is Allah Who gives you life, then gives you death; then He will gather you together for the Day of Judgment about which there is no doubt": But most men do not understand. ]

quran clearly says that the disbelievers have no basis for their denial of life after death .

god will have all the dead resurrected for judgement . as he created everything he is capable of managing its end. the end of days will come when the whole creations will be destroyed and then the dead will be resurrected to stand before god. that day will be the beginning of a life that will never end, and on that day every person will be rewarded by god according to his or her good or evil deeds.

the expalanation of quran to the necessity of life after death matchs the moral consciousness of man . then, if there is no life after death, the very belief in god becomes meaningless or even if one believes in god, it wouldnt be right and indifferent god, having once created man and now not being concerned with his fate.

:):D

Bigall
April 17, 2010, 11:03 AM
If a person dies, nothing happens. The world simply ends for that person... That is how important one life is...

Charlie
April 17, 2010, 11:37 AM
In that sense.... you can only take with you, what you were born with, when you passover.

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 19, 2010, 07:01 PM
If a person dies, nothing happens. The world simply ends for that person... That is how important one life is...

just wondering , if you actualy believe that , why would you be afraid of death , is it instinct inside of you saying what if relegion is actualy true , absolutley you'll doubt your existentialism belief as well just like you doubted the credibility of relegion .

if what you re saying is true then human values is nothing , if you say humans evolved from apes then morality shouldnt exist .
where did morals come from ? as we all know animals dont have morals , if you say inteligence alone makes us what we are , then that is wrong , because what makes us humans is our inteligence plus our feelings .

again where did morals come from ?

Drmke
April 19, 2010, 07:36 PM
just wondering , if you actualy believe that , why would you be afraid of death , is it instinct inside of you saying what if relegion is actualy true

Well let's just say that there is no afterlife whatsoever. Why wouldn't you be afraid to die? You would. Not because you think you are going to get punished for eternity, but because you know you will simply cease to exist. For every living being, especially humans since we can use our minds to think about the distant future, this is a terrifying thought. Even animals, who at least the Abrahamic religions say have no souls still fear death because they know that is the end of them.

again where did morals come from ?

Well, once again let's just assume there is no afterlife or God so that we can talk about the point of view from an Atheistic stance since we know the basic beliefs of religions on this subject, they would simply come as a species gets more intelligent. Many species of animals have a few morals. Like birds that mate for life and take care of their children till they are ready to leave the nest. Would not be considered moral by human standards (at least today's since most people think you should get married and raise your kids)? Nearly all animals feel more compassion for a member of their own species and especially for ones closely blood related to them. Its a natural occurrence.

Of course, you can always point out that God made life that way so that it would developed morals to his (or her ;)) liking.

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 20, 2010, 03:44 AM
Well, once again let's just assume there is no afterlife or God so that we can talk about the point of view from an Atheistic stance since we know the basic beliefs of religions on this subject, they would simply come as a species gets more intelligent. Many species of animals have a few morals. Like birds that mate for life and take care of their children till they are ready to leave the nest. Would not be considered moral by human standards (at least today's since most people think you should get married and raise your kids)? Nearly all animals feel more compassion for a member of their own species and especially for ones closely blood related to them. Its a natural occurrence.

Of course, you can always point out that God made life that way so that it would developed morals to his (or her ;)) liking.

i tend to believe that animals act according to instinct . and animals do kill each other , the survival conflict , if we humans start acting based on this god knows what whats gonna happen .

i tried to point out before that if we came from apes , and only our intelligence evolved , then we should not have morals . so morals are connected to the soul .

and let me say that the origin of spicies is what caused people to start thinking they are better than some , where did racism come from ? and nazism its because of this that wars started .

Drmke
April 20, 2010, 04:21 PM
We can debate morality forever but this is not really the place for that but allow me one more off topic post ;)

and let me say that the origin of spicies is what caused people to start thinking they are better than some , where did racism come from ? and nazism its because of this that wars started .

First of all, people have thought they were be better than others since the dawn of time. Kings from all throughout the ages thought they were above their "lowly peasants". Almost every single civilization kept slaves whom they thought themselves better than. Hatred towards other humans is nothing new. Hell, the Christians and Muslims fought for centuries over various pieces of land. Racism spews out of this belief.

The Nazis had a twisted version of Christianity mixed with a sort of pseudo-religion. Hitler believed in the Christian god, which he references many times in his writings, and he also believed the Germans to be the master race, and that God gave them the right to take whatever land they wanted.

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 20, 2010, 11:18 PM
i found this
hitler :
We see before us the Aryan race which is manifestly
the bearer of all culture, the true representative of
all humanity....Our entire industrial science is without
exception the work of Nordics. All great composers from
Beethoven to Richard Wagner are Aryans....Man owes
everything that is of any importance to the principle
of struggle and to one race which has carried itself
forward successfully. Take away the Nordic Germans and
nothing remains but the dance of apes.
Hitler and Animals

Like many of his fellow human beings, Adolf Hitler used
animal epithets to vilify other people. He often called his
opponents "swine" and "dirty dogs." The Bolsheviks were
"animals," and the Russians a "bestial people" and Slavic
"rabbit-family" whom Stalin had molded into a totalitarian
state. After Hitler conquered Russia, he wanted "the
ridiculous hundred million Slavs" to live in "pig-pens." He
called British diplomats "little worms," and, as for the
"half-Judaized, half-Negrified" people of America, they "have
the brains of a hen." Hitler hadpolic contempt for his own people,
referring to them as "the great stupid mutton-herd of our
sheep-like people," and when the defeats mounted late in the
war, he blamed them for not having risen to the challenge.
Hitler called his own sisters "stupid geese."

National socialism whatever else it may have been was ultimately the first fully self conscious attempt to orgnize a political community on a basis of expilicit biopolicy,
a biopolicy fully congrevents with the scientific facts of the darwinism revolution
George Stein
american scientist

Lord Rayleigh
April 26, 2010, 06:16 AM
As a Christian, I believe that when we die, we cease to exist. People may get confused to read that but it is what makes sense. Yet, it does not mean that eternal life will not come.

Indeed, Christians tend to forget that it was never said in the Bible that after the death comes heavens or hell. What was said was that after the end of the world, we will come back to life and be judged by God. That's at this time, and not when we die, that heavens or hell will come. So, if you think about it, when you're dead, you do not exist and you do not live.

Yes, it was stated in the Bible that we cannot live without our body. That's why when will come the day to come back to life, there will be the ressurection of the body (remember the resurrection of Lazare). Christians should remind that their credo is the ressurection of the flesh after the apocalypse, and not the life just after their death.
If you think about it, that is what makes death have a meaning. It's because we die after the death, and not that we come back to life instantaneously elsewhere, that it is important.

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 28, 2010, 01:14 PM
If you think about it, that is what makes death have a meaning. It's because we die after the death, and not that we come back to life instantaneously elsewhere, that it is important.

i didnt meet your logic , you die then you die a second time ?

blai
April 28, 2010, 04:06 PM
I think he means that when we die, we die, we don't instantly get reborn.

Charlie
April 29, 2010, 09:11 AM
I think he means that when we die, we die, we don't instantly get reborn.

Correct me if I wrong here. I think being reborn is Buddhist belief.

The general Christian belief is that you either go to heaven or hell when you die.

Although I'm not sure about the beliefs of other religions per-se, when it comes to passing on.

blai
April 29, 2010, 09:20 AM
Yes, it's present in both Buddhism and Hinduism. :-)

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 29, 2010, 01:20 PM
The general Christian belief is that you either go to heaven or hell when you die.

meaning there is no judgement day ?

Charlie
April 29, 2010, 02:11 PM
meaning there is no judgment day ?

I'm not sure if there is judgment immediately after you die. I don't recall enough on that. I assume if your sent to heaven or hell someone has to decide your guilt or not. So I presumes there is some-kind of Judgment.

The one other thing is, with the return of the Messiah. Everyone gets judged. But going into that is off topic so we have to drop that subject.

Drmke
April 29, 2010, 04:09 PM
As far as what the majority of Christians think what happens when you die (this is way we can swing it back on topic ;)), the belief is that when you die, your soul goes to be judged by God in which he will go over your life with you there, and after he is done, he will then decide whether or not you are sent to heaven or hell. What Christians call Judgement Day is a completely separate event. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it has been awhile since I went to church :p

DLord.Van.Buuren
April 30, 2010, 10:32 AM
if you say that every person will be judged seperatly and immediatly after he dies meaning that the circle of life should continue , in otherwords there is no need for the world to end , and the earth and humans should exist to infinity .
but i see everything in this world points out that there will be an end .

Isogi
May 07, 2010, 03:09 PM
As someone mentioned earlier, what we know as a scientific truth can be explained fairly simply. Eventually our bodies decay and the chemicals and nutrients will be dispersed to provide continued life in our physical absence. Our physical presence is no different than any other living being's presence, and death gives birth to life.

Beyond that is speculation that only one's own religion or beliefs can provide the answers to. I personally don't like to dwell on the meaning of my own death and what happens after. I find the world that we presently live in to be of my utmost concern, and what happens after my death to be secondary.

Animeace
May 11, 2010, 12:46 AM
Everything goes dark you cease to exist...

M3J
May 11, 2010, 02:10 AM
I believe nothing happens. Once we die, we just die, emptiness, blackness, void. We won't even notice it. We're just dead, our body burned to ashes, buried underground, or laid on the ground decomposing and being eaten by scavengers.
Or we could be reincarnated. Or we could relive our life again. Who knows?

But I believe heaven and hell are fake and both are made up by religions to make people work harder and give money. This may also be believed by people because they're scared shitless of death, of the unknown. Heaven and hell in my opinion comes from selfishness of people.

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 11, 2010, 04:24 AM
Everything goes dark you cease to exist...

ofcourse relatively we cease to exist , but then you enter another state .

~FrienD~
May 11, 2010, 05:24 AM
i finally found the answer.
-when you die, a sudden film will show up, and you start to recognize it,"Hey that's me!"(flash back).
-when you die, you'd wish to live longer or come back to life.
-when you die, you wanna take your loved ones with you(kill them).
-some ppl(those who have felt "NDE-near death experience") say they see a dark tunnel, others grassy crossroads, idk but i wanna see a swimming pool or beach when i die.

Nolwen0503
May 21, 2010, 12:08 PM
I don't know if that can interest you, but my grandfather (I have never known him) was really sick and has almost died many times. He said that he was floating in the room and seeing the doctors around his body.
Maybe the soul just stay on earth ?

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 21, 2010, 02:10 PM
I don't know if that can interest you, but my grandfather (I have never known him) was really sick and has almost died many times. He said that he was floating in the room and seeing the doctors around his body.

that is indeed interesting so is he alive now ?

Charlie
May 21, 2010, 08:50 PM

Hi Nolwen, that is pretty interesting. I have heard of similar events before,

its usually referenced as NDE or Near Death Experience. Where patients claim

to be floating or going to heaven, hell, etc. Then comeback to their bodies.

You may want to read up on this more from the wiki article. Link is below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_death_experience

~FrienD~
May 21, 2010, 09:04 PM
then how bout this: one night i was awake but i can't move my body then i see myself on my own bed: is it possible that my spirit wandered and that i died once?
believe it or not i prayed and voila i woke up(now i can't figure if its a dream) but seems a god really does exist.

Nolwen0503
May 22, 2010, 02:23 AM
that is indeed interesting so is he alive now ?

He isn't. He died before I was born.

Thank you charlie-san, I 'll read this article ^^

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 22, 2010, 08:17 AM
He isn't. He died before I was born.

im sure the article charlie provided we'll be helpful , but what is the impact of that experience on you that is the question , what made you think as soon as you heard of it thats what i actually find interesting .

Nolwen0503
May 22, 2010, 09:02 AM
im sure the article charlie provided we'll be helpful , but what is the impact of that experience on you that is the question , what made you think as soon as you heard of it thats what i actually find interesting .

Hmm... First, I thought that it would be surprising if your death is like this ...
But it make me think that "death" has more than one meaning: what exactly the moment of death ? Can you feel you're dying ?
So what's the limit between life and death ?
Maybe you can see you dying (it would be logical after that experiment, you make a NDE then you die ).
I think that's a clue to know what takes place after your death.

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 22, 2010, 03:34 PM
i think this NDE cant be much of a clue , i mean the person who died and the person who came back from death the two arent similar at all .

Nolwen0503
May 22, 2010, 04:12 PM
Maybe, but just now ,the person who came back from death is the one who can better imagin the feeling of death. It's like a division by zero : we can't make it , but we can imagin it with a denominator close to zero ...

And I say that NDE would be an option, not a real clue, but it 's a clue we've got, so we can exploit it .
If NDE is just the first step, what's the second ? Maybe is the difference between a dead and a person who made NDE is just the difference of steps they reach ...

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 22, 2010, 04:31 PM
NDE is nothing more than brain deception ,comparable to a dream why exploit ND while we have another option which is dreams .

Arrogance
May 22, 2010, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear your grandfather died before you were born. The same thing happened for me. I'm offering my own story in conciliation for your lose and to assist you in your question. Anywho, he in fact died 3 days before I was born, I barely missed him. He had skin cancer that spread all over his body and is what caused him to pass. It was a really stressful time because I was also on the way in my moms womb and he was very sick. On top of things, to make matters worse the doctors told my parents I was supposed to be deformed and a dwarf (meaning having a large head but a small body.) So during this time my parents were extremely worried and bothered and all hope seemed gone. But, it was now December 16th, when my parents visited him, he told them he had a vision in his sleep. In the vision he was visited by a woman in blue and she was holding a baby. He told my parents that the child was me and that this woman came to show him that I would be ok and not have an abnormalities. The catch to it all was though that he told my parents that he would have to die for me to be ok. Four days later on December 20th he died. Now my due date was supposed to be a month later in January, but my mom ended up sitting near air conditioners in the funeral home (they were there to keep the room cool to preserve the flowers) and she developed the flu. The flu and high fever she had sent her into labor and on December 23rd I was born...a month early that I was supposed to be. The magical thing to all this is that I came out fine. I might have a big head but its completely proportional to my body, and I would like to think that it is because I am smart :XD. Overall, this story is something that has surrounded and if you will set the tone for my life. My whole birth and grandfathers death established many things for me. It established that there is indeed an afterlife and that there is indeed a God. For whoever reads this, believe what you want but this story is something that is dear to me and is not something that is easy for me to explain to anyone since I am easily ridiculed. I ask that you be respectful and if you think it is bull crap then respectfully disagree with me without causing trouble. But for those of you who are questioning faith or don't know what to believe, please take my story seriously and I hope that it helps at least one person find there way.

Nolwen0503
May 23, 2010, 12:01 AM
NDE is nothing more than brain deception ,comparable to a dream why exploit ND while we have another option which is dreams .

But that 's a clue for my question : what do you feel when you die ?
If you dream, it's important to say it . If there are many possibility according to different types of personality, that's important too.

For whoever reads this, believe what you want but this story is something that is dear to me and is not something that is easy for me to explain to anyone since I am easily ridiculed. I ask that you be respectful and if you think it is bull crap then respectfully disagree with me without causing trouble. But for those of you who are questioning faith or don't know what to believe, please take my story seriously and I hope that it helps at least one person find there way.
Thank you for your story. I'm sorry too for your grandfather. I think it's logical after this event to have different translation. And, as your grandfather was right, we can doubt of what's really death ...

lazuardi00
July 04, 2010, 11:56 PM
It is simple.
Your allies will be sad.
Your enemies will be glad.

Rikudou Sennin
July 10, 2010, 05:05 PM
Who knows what happens:

-There could be just a long tzschhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and there nothing...dark, its over....you dont even know or feel it

-You could go to heaven or hell

-Your whole life just repeats (even time itself) itself

and many more possibilitys....

And honestly, at this moment...just right know...I dont give a damn what happens...heck...I dont even care right know.

Its a adventure....doesnt matter what happens...you cant change it and you certainly dont know what will happen.

So why wasting time on thinking about it and getting into a sad and drepressed state.

;)

Jorge D. Dragon
July 11, 2010, 12:47 PM
For me there are two possibilities:
1. You die and you just vanish.
2. You die and thne reborn in the new body a bit like in induism and buddism .:)

fullmoon
July 12, 2010, 01:40 AM
All the money that I work so hard to earn (and don't have time to spend) is given to my children yet why they are crying?

Yusaku Jon 3
July 12, 2010, 10:09 AM
As amar_kun said, I think your soul will be immortal. The body may decay and you may leave this world of the living, but our souls will carry with them the totality of our memories and personalities. Depending on how we lived our lives and the strength of our beliefs, we'll either rise into Heaven or be pulled down into Hell. Whichever way we may be looking at it, I think it's basically the same for all religions.

However, for some of us who've neither been saints nor wholly gone over to evil, we may find ourselves lingering for a while until we're able to let go of whatever keeps us tied down here. Some of it might be how we hear about ghosts (as in the Japanese sense). Others might be people who're going through a 'limbo' phase in the afterlife, which Catholic Christians could call Purgatory.

Lord Rayleigh
August 01, 2010, 06:15 AM
I'm sorry but from all the hypothesis about life and death, the reincarnation idea in another body/species is the most absurd of all. To believe that souls go from a dead body to a new one of a new - or not - species - does not make any sense to me.

Even if it was true, it would only mean that the soul is not worth anything : it would just be something that animates living creatures and nothing more. There would be no point in giving a plant or an animal some kind of souls and not others.

PS : I don't say that the philosophy behind the belief - peace, respect of the nature etc... - is stupid but that the main concept definitely is.

kkck
August 06, 2010, 05:00 PM
My main issue with reincarnation is that live itselve loses a tad of meaning. Life is all the more important if you only live once. It'd be kinda like failing at live once is ok given that you get to be reborn and get another shot at it.

Drmke
August 07, 2010, 01:50 PM
Well from what I gather about reincarnation is that sure you get more shots at life but that all depends on how you lived in the past life plus you don't have easily accessible memories so you don't remember your past lives. In other religions like Christianity and Islam, the "importance of life" so to speak is that you only get one. While in religions like Hinduism and Buddhism where reincarnation is a long-held belief, the "importance of life" is that all life is connected. When your life ends, your soul continues to be part of the circle of life and so on. So to me, the idea itself its beautiful in theory. I myself don't believe in it but I do like the premise.

Now if I got that completely wrong please correct me :p

Wint
August 11, 2010, 06:56 AM
I die, I get cremated, my ashes are scattered. Simple as that.

Cookie Frog
August 15, 2010, 03:04 PM
When I was younger, I used to imagine myself floating in space as an old man. That's what I thought happened when people die.

Now... what Wint said. Except I wanna be buried, so I can rise from the dead and rain hell upon my enemies :P

kkck
August 16, 2010, 07:12 PM
I bet your enemies will use umbrellas :p

I never liked the idea of there being nothing after life. Quite frankly, with such a notion I can't even justify turning into a hedonist even though there clearly would be not much more to look forward too. Dunno, I find the idea altogether depressing but that is just me.

Lord Rayleigh
August 25, 2010, 07:59 PM
NDE about tunnel and light made me remind a nightmare that I used to often make when I was a child. I was feeling terribly bad - it's impossible to describe - and ended up in the middle of the night standing in the corridor. Fortunately my mother often came to bring me back to bed and stop the nightmare :p

What I was experiencing is very strange. It was like I was going through a tunnel little by little - actually by steps - until some infinite " area " came. All these feelings repeat themselves - from the tunnel to the infinite area - until my nightmare ended up.

I was in literary terms feeling that I was moving forward. It's not as if you had a corpse or that you saw things moving or even things around, it's only that the progression of your feelings is like going through a tunnel. It's like going through a tunnel of bad feelings coming by waves until you feel that it stopped forever. So there is no " tunnel " or " light " visible, or even dark around, it's just a travel of feelings, which seems like what you feel is going through a tunnel, and which brings to a " light ", which is actually the " time " when the tunnel stops, that is to say when your bad feelings disappear.

At some point in my childhood, I described the feelings I had during this nightmare to my parents, and they said that I went through a difficult birth. And they said they thought what I was experiencing several times was actually my own birth. Strangely, it seems that this nightmare vanished from my dreams after I heard my parents'explanation.

Wut
October 30, 2010, 07:05 PM
I think you realize how serious life was and how much more you could've done

before you go to heaven or hell

Karma7K
November 07, 2010, 04:40 PM
I'm a frisbeetarian.

That means I think when you die, your soul gets stuck on your roof.

Roflkopt3r
November 17, 2010, 02:32 PM
The idea of not existing at all is kinda interesting as it is absolutely impossible to imagine how "nothing" is like. I mean not just experiencing nothing like in a silent black room, but not to be able to feel or think or notice anythings such as in not existing.

I guess realising the own process of dying has a good chance of resulting into suddenly seeing all the missed options of a life - or possibly not as this is too much complex thinking for a dying brain :P Maybe it's just the knowledge of learning that a person one knew has died - which definitly results into thinking of all the things one missed to do with or learn from that person.

lawlett-kun
November 18, 2010, 10:52 PM
Has anyone fall unconscious ? I did and I remember what I saw...lol... Everything was ddark and I saw some really high tower. I believe after we die we get quickly reborn as another type of living being

Roflkopt3r
November 19, 2010, 12:53 PM
Has anyone fall unconscious ? I did and I remember what I saw...lol... Everything was ddark and I saw some really high tower. I believe after we die we get quickly reborn as another type of living being

I don't mean to critise your view in any way, but the human brain tends to create a lot of imagery and illusions, especially in situations like such related to unconsciousness. Just think of dreams for example: Most people know the experience that they awoke in the middle of a pleasant dream, while the dream actually ended a long time ago but the brain does not communicate that to the consciousness.
There also was an explanation for that "light at the end of a tunnel" and such stuff for near-death experiences as the brain starts acting strangely in such situations.
After all our human perception is extremely easily to decieve by such circumstances as it can be impossible to distinguish reality and simple signals our brain creates.

Slightly related to that topic: Famous sceptic James Randi talks about a potential out of body experience he had (without the scientific/biological/neuronal points but arguing in other ways)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwKkbd2e-c

andywily889
November 23, 2010, 02:40 AM
It is hard to describe that what happens when you die? No one can know about this logic. There are so many writer writes on it but still every one try to know this. Death is the most misunderstood subject in the world from the beginnings.

Synthoxide
November 23, 2010, 02:59 AM
I'd like to believe in reincarnation more than anything - that if we live a good life, we will become a "good" animal, per se. But I'm a little skeptical of that. I suppose if I really believe in something (or wouldn't be surprised if it happened is more the phrase), it would be that there is nothing. We simply float around for eternity. (:

steelwingcrash1
December 18, 2010, 10:03 AM
Of course, I want to go to heaven. LOL. Who wouldn't? (Of course, this is religion-based). It's not like I'm a perfectly good man here on earth, but I'm not that extremely bad either. So, I think my soul is eligible to enter heaven (I hope.)

Anyway, I really want my body to be cremated and my ashes be kept in our house garden. That way, my family will always remember me.

Koen
December 20, 2010, 01:24 PM
When asking this question then I feel simultaneously some comfort and discomfort. Existential question are always subjectively answered. Each one copes with this question on his own way. I have done some finale goodbyes to dead relatives and when I saw their body, I always wondered is this an eternal never wake up sleep? Did something escape from your body? etc etc

I am agnostic when people ask me this question because I do not know what will happen after death but I do hope that it won't be finished afterwards. So, I'd say you'll only know what will happen when you are facing your own death

ss5
December 20, 2010, 02:33 PM
Your body stops working, and when your brain no longer has activity you ar considered dead.

DLord.Van.Buuren
December 20, 2010, 05:04 PM
This question is mainly related to wether god exists or not, now we are currently debating this topic in the religious thread, so if you want to weigh the facts and see for yourself then I advise you to read that thread because its very informative.

deleted
December 24, 2010, 03:58 AM
The question has always fascinated me, although I really don't have an answer. In my opinion it depends on the things that people believe in (humans are good in decieving themselves, if their believe in something is strong enough). Also it depends on the way a person dies. People who were about to drown say that at first it was panic and then a serene feeling invading their minds and bodies. People who fell from great heights and still survived, said that they had seen their whole life play in front of their eyes.

I think that when you die, you see scraps of your life again. The good ones, the bad ones and maybe you see people you've meet, those who're part of your family and those that played a role in your life.
I've never had a near-death experience so I can't possibly know but that would probably be the things that would come to my mind before it shuts down forever.

Kuroki-Honoo
December 26, 2010, 05:32 PM
I think this is a good question. For me I'm a Christian and I believe in Heaven and Hell. Though I'm interested in other peoples opinions :) <3

lawlett-kun
December 27, 2010, 12:02 AM
I also believe in Heaven and Hell.Since i am a good boy i hope i will get in heaven and maybe i will get a second chance to live..something like been reborn .

AL_Briton
December 28, 2010, 01:01 AM
nothing happens, when you die you go in a state of nothingness MU

lawlett-kun
December 31, 2010, 10:58 AM
yeah i think so too.Well a lot of people are afraid to die, but tbh i dont.I mean its the same as when you sleep at night.so relaxing

steelwingcrash1
January 01, 2011, 04:13 AM
yeah i think so too.Well a lot of people are afraid to die, but tbh i dont.I mean its the same as when you sleep at night.so relaxing

But the BIG difference is that when you sleep, you wake up after a couple of hours. When you die, don't think of waking up. LOL.

Speaking of dying, I'm imagining myself to be a saint. Who doesn't? :amuse

lawlett-kun
January 01, 2011, 05:36 AM
But the BIG difference is that when you sleep, you wake up after a couple of hours. When you die, don't think of waking up. LOL.

Speaking of dying, I'm imagining myself to be a saint. Who doesn't? :amuse

well yeah obviously you dont wake up when ur dead... only if u become zombie:polka.

shaheer
January 10, 2011, 10:28 AM
i believe that we will be judged, i believe in God so in order for God to exist a day of judgment or recompense should exist

lawlett-kun
January 12, 2011, 08:08 PM
i am looking forward to the day when i die.Eternal peace ftw

kkck
January 13, 2011, 09:16 PM
I have always been uncomfortable with the notion that there is absolutely nothing beyond this life. Its a bit depressing IMO that our existence is limited to what we do right now. At least for me it kinda makes everything in this life a bit less important.

agatha012
January 14, 2011, 12:31 AM
well nothing dear. After my death everything goes as usual as it is..

Charlie
January 14, 2011, 11:30 PM
well nothing dear. After my death everything goes as usual as it is..

lol

Well one thing for-sure bar some catastrophe, the world or at least the universe will still go on. So we can take some comfort in knowing that. :XD

Without scientific proofs, it all depends on a persons beliefs, when it comes down to it. If you think there's an after life or reincarnation or just nothing its all okay in my book. Can't say for sure until we get there, hopefully it wont be for many decades or years to come.