PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Bleach 276 Discussion

destinator
May 18, 2007, 02:42 PM
The new chapter just came out. Grab it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12885) while its hot.

Now feel free to predict what will happen in the next chapter.

Enjoy :amuse

gigantor21
May 18, 2007, 03:15 PM
I'm sure we'll be updated on Zaeruapllo's status first. Judging from his reaction, he definitely got his shit ruined. But I'll be damned if Kubo lets him die here without releasing, so my hope is that we'll see him go all out.

Also, updates on Ichigo, Rukia, Noritora, and/or Chad are long overdue. Kubo's been pussyfooting around those fronts long enough.

Dimma
May 18, 2007, 03:29 PM
Definately updated on Z's status, it might be nice if he died though. (Finally) A battle won intelligently rather than through overwhelming force, but if he released, hopefully we'll see a conclusion to the battle.

I bet we get more of Grimm and Orihime too. Once we figure out what they're doing then I think we'll see some more of Ichigo.

rai-chu
May 18, 2007, 07:05 PM
I want to see Zaera (release) first, then their battle continues until it reaches it's conclusion..

Then some update from the cliff hanger ones (Ichigo, Rukia or Chad) also I agree with Dimma Grimm and Orihime update..

Silhouette
May 18, 2007, 07:16 PM
Szael won't release but he will withdraw from the battle ground after getting heavily injured.

We might see what's happening to Ichigo hopefully we will see Zangetsu.

gigantor21
May 18, 2007, 07:37 PM
^ Yeah, that's probably what'll happen. There's no way Ishida could beat a released Zaeruapollo alone. It really smacks of the Mayuri fight, but it's still the best option.

I don't think we'll be seeing Ichigo for a while. I hope we'll see who Noritora went after, since that's been hanging for months.

Silhouette
May 18, 2007, 07:45 PM
Zangetsu? I don't know...to be honest, I don't think we'll be seeing Ichigo for a while. What I really want to know is who Noritora went after, since that's been hanging for months.

Now that I think about it, Noitora will most likely appear in the next chapter....I think it will turn out that he is after Shinji (just because Shinji appeared in a coloured page few weeks a go + Noitora was after a great reiatsu)...as a matter of fact I am praying it will be Shiji..that's got to be a hell of a fight.

gigantor21
May 18, 2007, 09:35 PM
^ Damn straight. We certainly need one of those right now. I'll be hoping with you.

An update on Ichigo would be nice, too, since Kubo clearly implied that something's amiss. If it is another intervention, then I hope whoever is Primera gets involved and beats Shirosaki's ass sideways. The story really needs that to happen, because something drastic needs to happen to justify Ichigo leveling up here. And Shirosaki winning again is not one of those things.

blackenedeath
May 18, 2007, 10:06 PM
well, shirosaki never really interfered with any fight in the manga other than byakuya fight, but he did show up often in the filler arc. I dont see the point on having shirosaki beat quite yet... other than to shove it in the peoples face saying that he'll pop and own a bunch of stuff. Shirosaki's power is still sort of mysterious along with zangetsu, having shirosaki beat now i believe will just cause more hopelessness on ichigo and his personality...

yanniv
May 18, 2007, 10:14 PM
Szayel is going to release. He has to. He can't just lose here. It would look bad for him.

I'm sure 276 will be a continuation of 275 and MAYBE we will have something interesting by the end of it. But by the way Kubo has been going lately, we might have a bunch of stall and a release with little to no story to it.

I'm hoping it will be exciting.

gigantor21
May 18, 2007, 10:52 PM
well, shirosaki never really interfered with any fight in the manga other than byakuya fight, but he did show up often in the filler arc. I dont see the point on having shirosaki beat quite yet... other than to shove it in the peoples face saying that he'll pop and own a bunch of stuff. Shirosaki's power is still sort of mysterious along with zangetsu, having shirosaki beat now i believe will just cause more hopelessness on ichigo and his personality...

I don't think so--if anything, it'll be a huge help for Ichigo in the long run.

A lot of people here think that Shirosaki taking control and beating on Ulquiorra is where Kubo wants to take this. I really hope he doesn't, because I do NOT want to see a repeat of the Byakuya match without the dramatic weight of the first run. Shirosaki taking control and losing would force him to work together with Ichigo to become stronger, which I believe is the only way Ichigo can really get stronger in time for the war. And at this point, it's the only avenue for another power-up that I'm willing to accept, since Zangetsu telling Ichigo about the real use of his Bankai now would be ridiculous.

Serpent
May 19, 2007, 05:15 AM
275 was an awesome chapter and I would hate to think that Kubo went to all the trouble make this duo look so cool just so that they would get pwned next chapter, I would really want to see Szayel incapacitated or smth so he couldn't release , but i guess that wishful thinking on my part cause if you look closely he unsheathed his sword this chapter so a release would be kinda imminent

notBowen
May 19, 2007, 08:44 AM
I don't think so--if anything, it'll be a huge help for Ichigo in the long run.

A lot of people here think that Shirosaki taking control and beating on Ulquiorra is where Kubo wants to take this. I really hope he doesn't, because I do NOT want to see a repeat of the Byakuya match without the dramatic weight of the first run. Shirosaki taking control and losing would force him to work together with Ichigo to become stronger, which I believe is the only way Ichigo can really get stronger in time for the war. And at this point, it's the only avenue for another power-up that I'm willing to accept, since Zangetsu telling Ichigo about the real use of his Bankai now would be ridiculous. What I don't understand is if Shirosaki can take over Ichigo's will and actions with an accompanying power boost, is Old Man Zangetsu capable of doing the same thing?

Alkador
May 19, 2007, 09:43 AM
Hmmmm, with the way the manga has been going, Kubo has been trying really hard to suspend an Espada's release. Well he did show as the 9th's one as he was a Gillian, but assuming Szayel is an Adjuchas or better, maybe we will have to wait till later. Then again, we first saw Bankai WITH Ishida, so I'm not too sure where it will go...

yanniv
May 19, 2007, 02:08 PM
275 was an awesome chapter and I would hate to think that Kubo went to all the trouble make this duo look so cool just so that they would get pwned next chapter, I would really want to see Szayel incapacitated or smth so he couldn't release , but i guess that wishful thinking on my part cause if you look closely he unsheathed his sword this chapter so a release would be kinda imminent

He did that with Ichigo. I'm expecting the same result.

Silhouette
May 20, 2007, 05:06 AM

Renji has fallen already so Ishida is the only one standing. I am sure Szayel is dead or at least damaged to the point where he can't hurt a fly. It will be pointless to have Ishida fighting by himself and getting owned which makes me think that we will see Shinji/rescue coming in the next chapter.

Sephy7KillerMech
May 20, 2007, 08:29 AM
He said "i've sealed the energy of all your weapons." i don't think he can release.

woody_green
May 20, 2007, 08:50 AM
I have a feeling that Zaeru has already released his zanpakutou, ever since the start of the fight.

Pollux
May 20, 2007, 09:10 AM
He said "i've sealed the energy of all your weapons." i don't think he can release.

I didn't think about it but it would be really funny and and as Zael is rather full of himself, he may have thought he would win without having to release so why not ? On the other hand, it would be really a stupid death.
I do hope this fight has ended. Not only don't I really like Zael but the fight has already followed the usual scheme "good_guy_is_losing - something_happens - evil_is_defeated". Plus, we have seen Ishida walking away from Zael exploding so it's probably the end for him.

Anyway, even if they win, Renji and Ishida are now too tired to fight any other espada so the scene will probably change to someone else or they will look for Rukia and Chad.

dreamzsai
May 20, 2007, 11:01 AM
I have a feeling that Zaeru has already released his zanpakutou, ever since the start of the fight.

Most likely not, cause from what we have seen so far, an arrancar's release changes the user's physical state....
I predict that Zaer will release else having an Espada just die without showing off his release is just boring :p

neomaster121
May 20, 2007, 05:25 PM
correct me if im wrong but even if they fail and ishida and renji bring ichigo, rukia and chad back to earth they still have a few more months to train before the espanda make their moves again?

gigantor21
May 20, 2007, 05:34 PM
^They only have, like, 2 months. Judging from the overall strength boosts made by Earth's side, that's not enough time to get stronger with their current methods. But we're talking about the series which invented the "Learn Bankai in 3 Days!" training program, so I'm sure Kubo will be able to whip something up after they come back.

notBowen
May 20, 2007, 06:48 PM
^They only have, like, 2 months. Judging from the overall strength boosts made by Earth's side, that's not enough time to get stronger with their current methods. But we're talking about the series which invented the "Learn Bankai in 3 Days!" training program, so I'm sure Kubo will be able to whip something up after they come back. Urahara is Bleach's Dr. Strange! When there's a bit of logic getting in the way of plot, he'll invent some BS contraption to let Ichigo transform into a giant golden monkey.

Koen
May 20, 2007, 06:50 PM
I think, we'll see some aizen talking with his shinigamia about the current status + notoira was after someone when he felt some reiatsu. Wonder who it was. I think we'll see a bit of ichigo all healed by nell :D (or was she kidnapped and then I am cutting that part out)

Silhouette
May 20, 2007, 08:13 PM
I think we'll see a bit of ichigo all healed by nell :D (or was she kidnapped and then I am cutting that part out)

Well, she was unconscious right before Ulquiorra kicked Ichigo away from her then stabbed him....it looked like she needed help herself but I don't know...maybe she will s catch up with Ichigo.

gigantor21
May 20, 2007, 10:58 PM
I'm still waiting on what Dondochakka was so worried about before the Zaeruapollo fight. So far, it seems like all that build-up was for nothing in the end--unless Kubo is gonna use it to save the arc in a surprise twist or something. I doubt it, though.

yanniv
May 21, 2007, 03:05 AM
I can't stand side characters like that. More when there is a main battle going on. They just get extremely annoying and I can't stand it when they take up so many panels.

Kubo needs to get on with these fights and add more detail to them instead of using pointless characters saying pointless and useless things for a couple of pages.

The 8th releases this chapter. It has to be.

gigantor21
May 21, 2007, 07:55 AM
^ I agree wholeheartedly, but EVERY shonen series has stuff like that. They have to do that to buy time. But unlike One Piece, supporting characters like the Desert Brothers aren't fun to watch, and have no substantive bearing on the storyline as a whole. So we're just going to have to deal with the filler when it comes up, especially when Kubo is clearly low on ideas.

I hope Apollo releases, too, but at the end of the chapter. The rest of the team has been in limbo for weeks, and I'm more interested in them then I ever was in this fight.

tores
May 21, 2007, 08:40 PM
I think that zaellappolo is dead. i mean renji is already out from his attack and ishida doesnt have any other trick i think. if he is still alive that ishida will go down.

Prediction:

we will see some back up coming to the rescue, and what grimmjow wants orihime for.
hopefully we will see what ichigo is doing.(basically this wasnt prediction. its want i want to see, but i cant justify the reasons of why this will happen..)

off topic:

can someone tell why they right szaellappolo with S?
is that the exact translation or the translators are writing the S because they saw it in the cover of chapter 274?
Because im 100% sure that in the cover that thing that looks like an S is actually an 8,his number.

manufn619
May 21, 2007, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3owAJPefGqE

bleach manga chapter 276

yanniv
May 21, 2007, 10:00 PM
In chapter 274, Szayel Aporro is what it showed on the cover. This is how you spell his name according to Romanji which is Japanese using Latin characters. Whether the "Szayel" and "Aporro" are one word could be up for discussion. I believe they are one word.

notBowen
May 21, 2007, 10:34 PM
I think we can all agree his name is a total clusterfuck.

Koen
May 22, 2007, 07:57 AM
Maybe that hollow side wants to become a king again, and the training of vaizards was good enough to control it a bit but not good enough so that guy can come back...

or zangetsu showing up?

Totmacher
May 22, 2007, 12:51 PM
I have a pretty good feeling that Szayel Apollo is still alive. Probably not in the best of shape, but enough to be forced to release his zanpakuto.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to just kill off an Espada with that much ease. Even though it is a lower-level Espada, it shouldn't be that freakin' easy.

I was wondering too, I don't know if I missed it or not, but does Dondochakka have some type of quasi-useful ability? Nell has the healing, and the other brother has the 'infinite slick' thing. Something has to be redeemable about that tiki-knockoff. (sorry. tangent.)

gigantor21
May 22, 2007, 02:44 PM
I think we can all agree his name is a total clusterfuck.

Well, that's certainly what it looks like to me.

ON Dondochakka, the last thing we need right now is to see his "special skill". Kubo's given us way too many filler pages during this arc, so I honestly don't care what Dondo can do. Especially if Kubo uses it to piss a whole chapter away again.

BackdoorBeauty
May 22, 2007, 05:07 PM
in a 2 versus one situation, even if both Renji and Ishida can't be Szayel 1 on 1, they can most definately beat him 2 v 1.

That said, i'm sure Szayel will release, Ishida and Renji will be backed into a corner, and then they'll figure out a way to have Renji release his Bankai to help even up the odds some more, it would be pretty sad not to have Renji release his Bankai at this stage, especially now that Ishida is there to help him figure a way out.

gigantor21
May 22, 2007, 09:37 PM
^ I think Renji's finished here. He took a mid-level Kidou with the chant at point blank range, after being smacked around for weeks. So Ishida's on his own, now, and he's definitely not strong enough to take on a pissed Apollo if he releases. The only way out for those two at this point would be someone stepping in, whether it be a rescuer from Earth or another Espada.

But in either case, I'm almost 100% sure that this fight is over. Whether Apollo was beaten last week or not.

jakethesnake3713
May 25, 2007, 10:18 AM
I think that Zappollo (or whatever his name is) survives but runs away. Ishida already mentioned that whenever he's hit he runs out of reach. so after taking a hit like that there's no way that he'll stick around.

finitesaidness
May 26, 2007, 02:04 AM
szayelaporro doesn't have the Hollow's hole! Where is it? Or is it a mistake on Kubo's part, such as when there was a frame Ichigo was bankai but then in that one frame he was shikai (I don't remember which chapter, it was a while ago--when he fought Grimmjow for the 2nd time, I think).

Silhouette
May 26, 2007, 02:36 AM
I don't think a mistake...I mean not every single frame with Szayel which brings us to the next thing...what is Szayel? it doesn't look like he's a hollow

Raijatsu
May 26, 2007, 05:50 AM
Szayels sourvival was somehow boring....
and this biting the head of one of his Fraction was sick!

well, Ishida and Renji are after him and they're leaving this stupid traproom so maybe the fight will get more interesting since Renji should be able to use bankai now.

Grimmjow going to Ichigo was really predictable so we'll see Orihime heal ichi soon.

ANBU4U
May 26, 2007, 07:47 AM
Im not sure who's the bigger fool. GJ for healing Ichigo, or Uli for not finishing the job outright.

I hate it when villans do this.....so unrealistic.

Raijatsu
May 26, 2007, 07:52 AM
let's hope uli has some major plan for not killing ichi...
GJ is just a fool
anyway Bleach was not known for it's realism at first place

woody_green
May 26, 2007, 08:36 AM
Strange, but after reading this chapter, what I really thought was that Zaeru left Renji and Ishida to save face, not to change his clothes.

finitesaidness
May 26, 2007, 12:24 PM
Only one person replied to this, but let's not forget: Where is Szayel's Hollow hole?

Amatersu
May 26, 2007, 12:37 PM
On his legs.

ShinobiWrath
May 26, 2007, 03:09 PM
I've wondered aabout Szayel's hole myself. Leaves me to question if his glasses are really glasses or coincidentally the way his Hollow mask was broken. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when he releases. If he releases.

notBowen
May 26, 2007, 03:19 PM
I've wondered aabout Szayel's hole myself. Leaves me to question if his glasses are really glasses or coincidentally the way his Hollow mask was broken. I guess we'll just have to wait and see when he releases. If he releases. His glasses have generally been considered to be the remains of his Hollow mask.

shadowchii
May 26, 2007, 03:35 PM
I was pretty disapointed with this chapter. They tried their best (supposedly) and then he healed by eating a fat arrancar. I didnt really like that very much.

Impel Down
May 26, 2007, 03:41 PM
I <3 this chapter, actually. It shows that Zaera-Polo is a beast, which I've been saying for a while, and eating arrancar is just crazy awesome to me. Plus, if he died right there, then we'd never get to see his release! But, IDK why Grimmjow showed up to Ichigo.

Yondaime-Uzumaki
May 26, 2007, 04:29 PM
Pffft, Disapointing chapter. It makes no sense for A Bad guy to Give a second Chance to his Enemies just because he wants to change clothes. And that is simply A lack of imagination. I Dont like that stereotypes of Bad guy who give second chances. Szayel's Decision will Cost him his life.

Curious to see What Kubo will come up With next. Its been Quite predictable Lately.

Silhouette
May 26, 2007, 07:19 PM
Are you guys serious? !!
did you believe Szayel left to change his clothes?lol
Haven't you noticed that he didn't release or have a hole in his chest? don't you have a comment about the end or how Szayel recovered?

Awesome chapter by the way.

finitesaidness
May 26, 2007, 07:29 PM
Are you guys serious? !!
did you believe Szayel left to change his clothes?lol
Haven't you noticed that he didn't release or have a hole in his chest? don't you have a comment about the end or how Szayel recovered?

Awesome chapter by the way.

Yeah, something's strange about that ending. Where did his zanpaktou go? Where is his espada number tatoo?

Also, in regards to his broken hollow mask, I think it has to do with those two "hair clip" looking things. If you didn't notice, his brother also had similar hair (mask/bone) line things running on the top of his head.

Kubo's throwing out too many unfinished little things. Who are the Vizards? Where do they come from? How do they know all about Ichigo?! Who, really, is Ichigo's dad?! This is getting a little frustrating when we've been seeing so many chapters with Dondochakka and Peshe (although I really like Peshe and think he's very funny).

ShinobiWrath
May 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
I Think Szayel's lack of Arrancar/espada traits is a result of his self-modifications. i know it never says in the manga that Szayel experimented on himself in any way but just a guess.....what if Szayel actually did do experimentations on himself to make himself a more sufficient adversary. That's exactly the kind of twist i'd expect from Kubo.

hanamaru
May 27, 2007, 01:11 AM
i think grimjaww over there to help ichigo, or maybe he want to kill ichigo, because he know ichigo is down now. or..he brings orihime to help ichigo, so grimm jaw can fighting again with ichigo.It's his promise if he will fight againts with ichigo soon.

Silhouette
May 27, 2007, 01:15 AM
Well it's not really likely for a scientist to experiment on himself and risk losing his powers when he have so many followers he can use as test subjects. I think Szayel is not a hollow to start with, if you think about it he has a relative, he didn't release when the time was actually perfect for it, he doesn't have a hole and he doesn't even have a mask (like finitesaidness mentioned in a previous post). All of the above are things that are not hollowish. So most likely Szayel isn't a hollow.

That act of canibalism made Szayel freakyyyyyy.

And Nell, they way she fell from the top while dragging her body on the ground was just sad, I will personally kick GJ's ass if he touches a hair from her, I bet she will always stick with Ichigo from now on

yanniv
May 27, 2007, 03:01 AM
I think you guys put way too much thought into this. I'm sure Szayel is an Arrancar and his glasses are the remains of his mask. His hollow hole is probably under that black belt thing of his. I'm sure the number is hidden somewhere on his leg (my guess).

As for Grimmjow and Ichigo... can't say much other than I hope it's not the predictable route. I'm hoping Kubo would surprise us with something unique and unexpected.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 09:17 AM
I thought I saw his number under his ribs, but I agree that his mask is his glasses (or it's his hair-pin).

But I can't say Grimmjow and Ichigo is predictable yet, since we don't know what Grimmjow will do yet.

gigantor21
May 27, 2007, 09:26 AM
I think you guys put way too much thought into this. I'm sure Szayel is an Arrancar and his glasses are the remains of his mask. His hollow hole is probably under that black belt thing of his. I'm sure the number is hidden somewhere on his leg (my guess).

I second that. I don't want to cling to that idea, because I'm sure Kubo would be more overt with it.

And besides, why would he try something so big with someone ranked 8th? Unlike A'Roniro, he can't use it as an excuse to tie up a long running subplot--and if that is the case, then I'm expecting Ishida or Renji to say something.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 09:31 AM
Well, with Zaera (I refuse to call him Szayel) going off to change so they can fight again, it seems like this fight will last a while. And Chad needs to hurry up and kill Yammy

gigantor21
May 27, 2007, 09:42 AM
^ You're protesting the official spelling too? Welcome to the fold.

And the last thing I wanted to see here was the implication that the fight could go much longer. We had Renji getting beat up for weeks on end, then Ishida showed up and they ruined his shit in one chapter. I wanted to see Apollo release, not change his fucking clothes so Kubo could stall before picking up the fight again.

Chad killing Yammy will be awesome, but I doubt he'll get to until the War. I bet they won't even meet during this arc.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 11:21 AM
Well, I think in this arc, the Espada from 6-10 will die, so the real strong Espada can fight in the war. So, we've got Ichigo vs. Grimmjow coming up, which takes care of 6, Jarboy died, which takes care of 9, Zeara is obviously going to die, so that's 8, so 7 and 10 are left, and since Chad really can't beat anyone else, he should take the weakest one.

yemsta
May 27, 2007, 11:38 AM
why do people call him shirosaki

Please forgive my ignorance

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 12:13 PM
shiro=white

But his actual name is just Ichigo's full name backwards, isn't it?

gigantor21
May 27, 2007, 12:15 PM
Yemsta - Shiro means "white", and -saki is just the end of Ichigo's last name. Hence, Hollow Ichigo = Shirosaki. I didn't know that myself for a while, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Impel Down - Ichigo can't beat Grimmjow yet. He hasn't improved a bit since the last time they fought, which is what made this arc seem so short sighted on Kubo's part. That's why I do NOT want to see them fight here--the only thing that could come out of it would be a contrived power-up, and that would've been much more fitting against Ulquiorra.

Since I think GJ is still stronger, the 7th Espada would probably be stronger, too. I think Chad could win in a rematch with Yammi, but he's probably out of commission for the rest of the arc, so he's safe too. I could definitely see Zael losing here, since all of his experiments have been done for his own benefit. We haven't seen his expertice used for Aizen, so it doesn't look like it'd be much of a loss if he died. But Renji and Ishida won't be the ones to off him, simply because they're too weak to fight his released form.

I think the main point of this arc was putting in perspective how outclassed Ichigo and co. are. But that was established before the arc even started, so the whole thing has been superfluous--the only real progress in the story was made during Rukia's fight with A'Roniro. I expected just about everything else, in terms of how well the rescue team would do, and it doesn't look like they'll get much out of it once they scurry back to Earth.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 12:18 PM
I realize that Ichigo hasn't gotten any stronger since his last fight w/ Grimmjow, but it's a shonen. He just has to believe in himself and he'll win.

gigantor21
May 27, 2007, 12:24 PM
^ Well, yeah...but Bleach's story has been mired in archetypical shonen fare for the entire arc. I want him to try something more interesting than that, if only to resuscitate the manga.

yanniv
May 27, 2007, 01:38 PM
Hollow Ichigo doesn't have an official name.

Though on chapter 217 (I think) Kurosaki Ichigo's Kanji was mirrored. So it would be something like Goichi Sakikuro (backwards).

gigantor21
May 27, 2007, 01:53 PM
^ Sakikuro is an awesome name. I'm going to call him that from now on.

Anyway, I think I'm more interested in the big announcement next week than the next chapter. I have a feeling Kubo's going to take the most expected route with this, so I'm not very excited about what'll happen next.

yanniv
May 27, 2007, 01:57 PM
Well, the way it looks on the raw and translated, I get the feeling that is good news. That to me is the most important thing about this announcement. Whether it's about a movie coming up or a new OVA, doesn't matter really. I do want to see more pages for Bleach. You can never go wrong with that.

gigantor21
May 27, 2007, 02:04 PM
^ How often do they do that? And is it really feasible to keep that up?

I feel like they'd have to move it to a bi-weekly magazine if that's where they're going with this.

yanniv
May 27, 2007, 02:12 PM
Two exclamation marks at the end of something in a thing like a comic series shows to me it's a very good and important announcement.

ttxdragon
May 27, 2007, 02:15 PM
Guys, I don't want to burst your bubble, but please discuss that in the important announcement thread, this thread is supposed to be discussion of the chapter.

thank you.

-------------------

I thought this chapter was quite nice, although not up to par with others...
the recent chapters have all a bit of an odd feeling to them, but they are still nice to read and keep me waiting for more <3

Remus
May 27, 2007, 02:46 PM
So lame. It could be put in 2 pages, this worthless talking and in the end Grimmjaw appears. The Espadas ability to heal are as cheap as Aizen's Shikai. Last chapter was nice and this was simply a filler if you ask me. Let's hope Grimmjaw kicks some ass.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 04:00 PM
Well, they don't say that they can ALL do that. Just Zeara when just him eats just his Fraction.

Tias
May 27, 2007, 04:13 PM
Well since grimmjaw is there, inoue or was it orehime...look, i cant even rememebr her name >_>

well yeah, she will most liky first be in shock to see ichigo half dead or if he is completly dead.....she will...uh....set time back or something so he's fully recovered.....

after that, he will either fight against grimmjaw in a full force battle.....OR grimmjaw will aid ichigo....

@ttxdragon

this is off-topic....
but good thing you had that narcissu sig...i lost the program and site, and finnaly i found it again, i really loved the story, very touching

Silhouette
May 27, 2007, 07:28 PM
I am sorry but if taking about findings in a chapter is "reading too much in it" then what is discussion exactly?

Here we have the first act of cannibalism performed in main stream manga, an espada who doesn't release and doesn't have a hole, GJ steps away from a near-death Ichigo and the too darn cute lil Nell in a heart-breaking scene and within the danger zone but all of that is barely touched in the discussion. or does the discussion have to be in the form of stating displease with the arc, manga, mangaka and praise of other mangas to be accepted? I honestly mean no offense to anyone I just wish that flaming and complaining isn't what most of the discussion is about.

I like this arc, I thought there were many scenes that were fantastic and moving (Orihime's despair, Sado falling, Team White and Red, Noitora...etc) , it made me hate Aizen more, laugh sometimes and look forward for more bleach.

Remus
May 28, 2007, 06:00 AM
I am sorry but if taking about findings in a chapter is "reading too much in it" then what is discussion exactly?

Here we have the first act of cannibalism performed in main stream manga, an espada who doesn't release and doesn't have a hole, GJ steps away from a near-death Ichigo and the too darn cute lil Nell in a heart-breaking scene and within the danger zone but all of that is barely touched in the discussion. or does the discussion have to be in the form of stating displease with the arc, manga, mangaka and praise of other mangas to be accepted? I honestly mean no offense to anyone I just wish that flaming and complaining isn't what most of the discussion is about.

I like this arc, I thought there were many scenes that were fantastic and moving (Orihime's despair, Sado falling, Team White and Red, Noitora...etc) , it made me hate Aizen more, laugh sometimes and look forward for more bleach.

You too seem to forget that in this discussion thread you are allowed to express you opinion on the latest chapter and as in every discussion some are pleased and others are displeased and I'm slightly displeased since all this could have been dealt with in a few pages. That the espada cant fall like flies is clear but I personally dont like the current espada and that he rose again displeased me again and in a cheap way as I must admit. Well he is again like Urahara a scientist and this is his way of dealing with a battle but I dont like it. So I hope in the next chapter we get something else instead of him again.

Silhouette
May 28, 2007, 07:25 AM
And who said anything about not expressing your opinion? it's just complaining ALL THE TIME isn't exactly you call a discussion. Look in the past two pages and you can see what I am talking about. Have fun "discussing" anyway.

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 07:40 AM
Thank you, I will. So, with Grimmjow showing up, I think he may actually become the Renji of this arc.

Richo
May 28, 2007, 08:13 AM
You too seem to forget that in this discussion thread you are allowed to express you opinion on the latest chapter and as in every discussion some are pleased and others are displeased and I'm slightly displeased since all this could have been dealt with in a few pages. That the espada cant fall like flies is clear but I personally dont like the current espada and that he rose again displeased me again and in a cheap way as I must admit. Well he is again like Urahara a scientist and this is his way of dealing with a battle but I dont like it. So I hope in the next chapter we get something else instead of him again.

his way of healing is quite identical to the current 12th squad captain who only uses a small tube to restore any wound of his body (alas he mostly has to less along with him), the scientist espada eats a hollow witch he developed for that use. like been stated before aizen wants to stomp on SS with his arrancar similair to the captains of SS.

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I can see that. And Grimmjow is like Kenpatchi, Stark is like that guy who wears pink, so on so forth.

gigantor21
May 28, 2007, 12:08 PM

One doesn't have to do with the other.

I've said several times that I don't like this arc, but that has nothing to do with how other people interpret what they see from chapter to chapter. That makes up the vast majority of everything we talk about here. If you honestly think Zael might not be an Arrancar, then that's fine, but I don't think Kubo will take that route because I can't see how useful it'd be in the long run. I don't understand why stating that is an attack of your opinion, or how that has any connection to people not liking the arc overall.

I don't think you're opinion is wrong, I just don't agree with it.

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 01:03 PM
I like this arc, personally. The whole raid thing is big to me.

Raijatsu
May 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
wow all the heated discussion
I should visit bleach threads more often ^^

btt

I like this arc since it has a lot of dark scenens in it (kanibalism, despair) and Ishida being badass is always great ^^
And we see ome more cool Quincy weapons with funny german names and more interesting Kanji meanings ^^

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 03:08 PM
Oh yeah, in this chapter, I'm really confused about Quincy now. So, at first they were using Japanese a lot, but now they're all about German (no offense)? And they had crosses all the time, but now they're using pentagrams?

Silhouette
May 28, 2007, 07:29 PM
http://i8.tinypic.com/4xq2ceg.gif

The quincy cross that looked like a pentagram was first shown by Ishida senior as far as I remember...may be it resembles the higher ranked or more powerful quincies

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah, but they used to wear crosses all the time instead.

Silhouette
May 28, 2007, 07:50 PM
Yeah, but they used to wear crosses all the time instead.

Ishida did but his father never, now Ishida is using his father's weapons and therefore we see the pentagram cross

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 07:53 PM
But his dad had crosses on his tie and floor.

Silhouette
May 28, 2007, 07:57 PM
I didn't realize that. Well maybe the pentagram cross is used with the stronger weapons vs regular cross on the weaker quincy weapons then

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 08:08 PM
But, then why would they mix Christianity with Satanism (pentagram)

:offtopic2
A pentagram is a more or less important symbol in nearly every culture or religion, even in Christian religions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram#Christianity
Satanism was born out of the Christian religion, to be correct. So there's nothing to mix it up with.

Tailsnake
May 28, 2007, 09:37 PM
I doubt Tite knows the intricacies of the religion. He probably just looked for symbolism in christianity and found the two (crosses/petagrams). He seems to do this a lot, especially when it comes to naming things in other languages (I.E. Hecuo Mondo literally translating to Hollow World).

ttxdragon
May 28, 2007, 10:16 PM
ok,

please stop with one thing:
the extreme amount of one line posts.

While I appreciate the discussion, please be aware that this is no chat, but a forum and you can proof your point the first time you post with pictures or more sentences.

Not everybody is here every second of the day to follow such discussions and mostly they are only borderline informative. reading a chatlog isn't quite as nice as reading a good discussion with arguments to which you put proof up to in the same place.

If I find more of those one liners, i might feel the obligation to delete all the posts, and create a chat-log like post instead. This goes for all bleach sections.
I understand that sometimes you don't need more than one line, but that is NOT the rule.
too many one liners just look like spam and make the posts less attractive to be read.

thanks for your cooperation.

Remus
May 29, 2007, 01:56 AM
The German names are definitely nice but the translators should ask Germans first what the real meaning is. They always write down some funny names. Seelenschneider for instance is one word,etc. What does MH have so many Germans for :P ^_^

Impel Down
May 29, 2007, 09:23 AM
Well, the only german one I know is that Seele Schnider is like Soul Tailor or something. But, before he was using japanese all the time, like with that puppet move and the Quincy-shunpo.

Boogymanx
May 30, 2007, 02:28 PM
Well, the only german one I know is that Seele Schnider is like Soul Tailor or something. But, before he was using japanese all the time, like with that puppet move and the Quincy-shunpo.

Seelenschneider probably means something among the lines of Soul Cutter. Which is what zanpakuto translates to.

riekie
May 30, 2007, 04:23 PM
not along the lines..it literally means that! Seele=Soul and Schneider=cutter..tadaa..and that's what you'll get.

Tailsnake
May 30, 2007, 07:27 PM
it's almost as if he uses bablefish to name things, his translations feel way too direct.

Remus
May 31, 2007, 12:49 PM
not along the lines..it literally means that! Seele=Soul and Schneider=cutter..tadaa..and that's what you'll get.

The real meaning will be revealed once the anime catches up with the manga since the anime always has more information then the manga. In Bleach at least.

The translation sure is accurate this way but not appropriate with the grammatics. Well this is way off topic but interesting indeed.

GPZrag
June 01, 2007, 02:18 AM
The Manga is also using a lot of spanish and in the anime the "soundtracks" are with spanish rythim ^^

P.S.: SPANISH (MOST OF MEXICAN RYTHIMS AND GENERAL SPANISH WORDS)

Impel Down
June 01, 2007, 03:35 PM
Well, yeah. The Hollows have always been associated to Spanish and Mexico. If you haven't gotten that by now, I feel kinda bad for you.