PDA

View Full Version : KADODO'S REVIEW (NARUTO 354)

kadodo
May 19, 2007, 12:17 PM
Well, I loved this chapter so much that I could not stay without doing a review for it. And also, there are so many things to color! Colorist have a lot of work to do this week. I think Zarosaki should color it if they can. XD! I do not really have a style for it yet, but I will just point out some of the important stuff and such. You are welcome to reply at any the comments and let me know how I did.

Thanks for the raw Kylara and also for your trans Hisshouburaiken and all the scanlators, Dark Element, Bludshock, kokotas and all the rest. Sorry if I forgot some of the names.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/493/page01copycopiamg1kg1.png (http://imageshack.us)

1)

Here I decided to use Caracols coloring of the cover (even though it's not finished yet XD). I just want to say that he's starting to do a very good job.

"Hebi was created to accomplish a single goal. And just as their lives as changed, so too does the world around them." In this sentence only, I think Kishimoto gave out a lot of info.

Team Snake only had a simple goal, and that goal was to kill Uchiha Itachi as we already know. While Hebi is preparing to kill Uchiha Itachi, Konoha and Akatsuki were also getting ready to fight. Can't you guys see? In the next few chapters it's going to be fighting and fighting.

In this cover I likes how Kishimoto put the snake around them. It just makes it look more that they are snake team. Also, I never noticed before but do you guys see how tall Juugo is. If one did not know Sasuke, they will think that Juugo is the leader. Based on his height, I can assume that Juugo is the oldest in the group and he might be in mid twenties, I might say. So that takes off the confusion about Juugo being too young. But that's just my guess though. For all I know, he might just be a very tall dude.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9136/saku02vt9.png (http://imageshack.us)

2)

So they decide that the best thing to do is to capture Itachi. Wow, to me that's just something very hard to do. As Sakura said they cannot kill Itachi just because Itachi is supposed to be killed by Sasuke and order to capture him they will need more than one team. My question is why are they so sure that will get to Itachi before Sasuke. They are talking about capturing him, for all I know Sasuke is laready on the road, he might get to Itachi before them.

Will Sasuke be happy that they capture Itachi for him? I'm not too sure but I'm almost 90% positive that he won't let him to be captured. He won't let anybody touch Itachi except for him. Only him has to fight Itachi and he will get mad if somebody interracts in his fight.

I know that a lot of you are probably saying. Of course Sasuke wants help, that's why he made up a team in the first place. Well, I might be wrong again but the other members of the team are just here to fight the other members of Akatsuki. I don't think Sasuke will ask any help when he's fighting Itachi. Didn't he finish off Orichimaru because he felt he was strong enough to take Itachi down?

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7133/03gf7.png (http://imageshack.us)
3)
So, they need a team that went to a lot of missions together and that has great communication skills. Naruto went to missions with a lot of the teams but which one they can communicate best with? Shikamaru's team and Neiji's team are good but are they what is best needed for this mission? So, team 8 indeed is the best team they could have chosen. I'll talk about it more at the end....

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1913/06zy8.png (http://imageshack.us)[/URL]

So, Sasuke went to the base his clan used to get weapons. That was totally a surprise for me to see Kishimoto bringing Sasuke back to his village. Maybe he wants to kill Itachi with an Uchiha weapon. He's just reallly getting prepared for his battle I can say. What are those cats? " Tenka and Hina". I bet a lot of the girls found them cute. It seems that they are ninja cats, so they actually can fight? Kishimoto should have showed us some of their moves (lol).

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7630/09xx3.png (http://imageshack.us)

The elder cat? She looks so much like a cat that you can't really say if she's a cat or a lady. She seems to know Sasuke and Itachi since they were kids. I wonder how come she is living here but she's not an Uchiha. Also, Sasuke gives her a lot of respect, maybe she used to take care of him after the murder of his parents.

It looks like Sasuke came up with some money for these weapons. That means he really want to get serious. Man, this guy Juugo is just too tall and big. That girl (which I think is very cute)looks so little in front of him. And the elder decides to wrap him in a curtain? I mean, who is big enough to be wrapped in a curtain. The girl felt bad because they were paying but look at the final result
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2218/10lh9.png (http://imageshack.us)

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4323/11dl8.png (http://imageshack.us)

It seems that the Akatsuki is also ready for some action but they're not sure who they should fight yet. I'd say it is a really tough for Deidara because Sasuke killed someone that he wanted to kill and he has a beef with Kakashi for sending him to another dimension. Well, personally I think they better off going after Sasuke's team first because they ae already on their way and Itachi already said in the last chapter that they will get the nine-tail jinchuuriki last. Look at this pick:

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2256/13pa8.png (http://imageshack.us)

It seems that there are more chances they go after Hebi than they go after Naruto which I think makes more sense everybody wants to see Team Snake in action. I cannot wait to see what Karin can do besides locating people. And of course, the techniques of Suigetsu, Juugo and Sasuke. What has Orochimaru teach him?

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3058/1415hy6.png (http://imageshack.us)

And the journey begins! The rain is just pouring. Did you guys see these new outfits! These guys are just pimping. Colorists, this is a nice page to color. I cannot wait to see it. By the way, where are these weapons they bought from the elder cat? I bet they are all hidden under their clothes. I don't know if it's ony me but I can see that there is a resemblance between Hebi's clothes and Akatsuki's clothes except there are no red marks on it. Also, I don't know if you noticed that the curtain is almost covering Juugo's mouth. XD!

Now that the rain is pouring so hard, I don't think Suigetsu will get that tired anymore because water is his domain. If the fights happen in the rain, Sasuke will not be able to use fire but with his lighting, somebody will get electrocuted.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6209/1617pd0.png (http://imageshack.us)

What a way to finish a chapter! Team 7 and team 8 together! And we get to see Yamato again! Hinata!!!! All the fans, here is the long awaited moment for Hinata-San. It seems to me that her face was red while looking at Naruto, I mightbe wrong. And Kiba and Akamaru, two ninjas I really like to see in action. And Shino, I would like to see what new moves he made with his bugs. Now, let me explain why Team 8 is the best team for this mission.

All of members of team 8 are almost like Karin. They can locate things easily. Kiba and Akamaru has their sense of smell, Shino can use use his bugs and Hinata has the byakugan. Their techniques are very useful in capturing Itachi. What other team will be able to locate Itachi other than team 8 and they have very good fighting skills. Also, Jiraiya talked about commnication skills. Even though Naruto is not the leader but I believe Hinata communicates well with Naruto and also with Kiba whom he went to a mission before in order to rescue Sasuke.

I don't know why but it seems to me that Kakashi is the leader of team 8 and Yamato is the leader of Team 7. Look in the last panel to see: Sakura, Naruto and Sai are with Yamato and Hinata, Kiba/akamaru and Shino are with Kakashi.

Man, this chapter was just great to me. Akatsuki is on the move ( but we don't know where they going yet) , the Leaf is on the move and Hebi is on the move. There are going to be lots of fightd my friends. I assure you, Kishimoto is going to give you guys a nice summer.

Rating: 5 out of 5 This chapter was very informative and had a lot of great art. And to add more we got to see new characters and people we wanted to see for a longtime.

Please comment away!

Yondaime-Uzumaki
May 19, 2007, 12:55 PM
Nice Review Kadodo :kkthumbs But there's something I Would like u to correct

And Kiba and Akamaru, two ninjas I really like to see in action. And Kiba, I would like what new moves he made with his bugs.

Shino is the one Using Bugs not Kiba ;)

kadodo
May 19, 2007, 01:29 PM
Nice Review Kadodo :kkthumbs But there's something I Would like u to correct

Shino is the one Using Bugs not Kiba ;)

Thanks Yondaime-Uzumaki, I corrected it.

Serpent
May 19, 2007, 01:33 PM
A good review, aside form some mistakes, nevertheless your effort is appreciated
btw next time you might wanna double check the review to make sure there aren't many mistakes like the one from comment #2

Will Itachi be happy that they capture Itachi for him?
nothing more to add
hope to see more ^^

lordHokage
May 19, 2007, 02:07 PM
Good review, not bad. :amuse

"Hebi was created to accomplish a single goal. And just as their lives as changed, so too does the world around them." In this sentence only, I think Kishimoto gave out a lot of info.

Team Snake only had a simple goal, and that goal was to kill Uchiha Itachi as we already know. While Hebi is preparing to kill Uchiha Itachi, Konoha and Akatsuki were also getting ready to fight. Can't you guys see? In the next few chapters it's going to be fighting and fighting.

My five cents, Hebi would not accomplish their goal, their plan will backfire as a result there would be consequences and regrets. :eyeroll

kadodo
May 19, 2007, 02:27 PM
A good review, aside form some mistakes, nevertheless your effort is appreciated
btw next time you might wanna double check the review to make sure there aren't many mistakes like the one from comment #2

nothing more to add
hope to see more ^^

Another typo, thanks Serpent, I corrected that as well. I will try to make some more when I can..

Good review, not bad. :amuse

My five cents, Hebi would not accomplish their goal, their plan will backfire as a result there would be consequences and regrets. :eyeroll

Well if the plan backfires, I assume some of them are going to die but I surely do not see why because counting Hebi and the 2 teams from Konoha it's going to be 12 of them all together after Itachi.

lordHokage
May 19, 2007, 03:00 PM
Well if the plan backfires, I assume some of them are going to die but I surely do not see why because counting Hebi and the 2 teams from Konoha it's going to be 12 of them all together after Itachi.

Assuming Deidara and Tobi are after Sasuke, Itachi and Kisame are after Uzumaki Naruto, Hebi and Team Leaf is after Itachi, and Zetsu and unnamed member is Akatsuki backup plan. The odds are not in Hebi favor. :eyeroll

kadodo
May 19, 2007, 04:15 PM
Assuming Deidara and Tobi are after Sasuke, Itachi and Kisame are after Uzumaki Naruto, Hebi and Team Leaf is after Itachi, and Zetsu and unnamed member is Akatsuki backup plan. The odds are not in Hebi favor. :eyeroll
Well I guess you can say that but I don't think Zetsu and unnamed member will be involved

weixiaobao
May 19, 2007, 05:43 PM
i haven't been very active in latest naruto discussion so my question could have already been answer...
anyway.. you said
"It seems that the Akatsuki is also ready for some action but they're not sure who they should fight yet. I'd say it is a really tough for Deidara because Sasuke killed someone that he wanted to kill and he has a beef with Kakashi for sending him to another dimension. Well, personally I think they better off going after Sasuke's team first because they ae already on their way and Itachi already said in the last chapter that they will get the nine-tail jinchuuriki last"

seemed logic, but now that i think about it... why did the immortal duo went after Naruto?

lordHokage
May 19, 2007, 08:32 PM
Well I guess you can say that but I don't think Zetsu and unnamed member will be involved

At this level I don’t think the Leader is going to take it easy and allow Hebi to jeopardize his plans. :eyeroll

Az3r
May 19, 2007, 09:58 PM
Early reviews. Good job, Kadodo :kkthumbs .

I've just got things on my mind to ponder. The whole Sasuke's quest on defeating Itachi with Hebi right to this chapter looks like an RPG or some sort for me. Well, first you recruit members from around the corners, then you stop on some place to get supplies such as weapons, medicines, armors or in Hebi's case, cloaks. Seriously, what's with Kishimoto and cloaks? :headscratch First Akatsuki, then Hebi, later the Konoha squads. Well, not that it really got something to do with the story anyway....

Big fight ensues in the later chapters (not next chapter I'm sure), looks like it. But I doubt that Hebi and the Konoha squads will get to Itachi that easily. Especially with Deidara and Tobi on the move. With that being said, perhaps we will get to know who Tobi really is, considering the rumor that he is Obito.

kadodo
May 19, 2007, 11:34 PM
i haven't been very active in latest naruto discussion so my question could have already been answer...
anyway.. you said
"It seems that the Akatsuki is also ready for some action but they're not sure who they should fight yet. I'd say it is a really tough for Deidara because Sasuke killed someone that he wanted to kill and he has a beef with Kakashi for sending him to another dimension. Well, personally I think they better off going after Sasuke's team first because they ae already on their way and Itachi already said in the last chapter that they will get the nine-tail jinchuuriki last"

seemed logic, but now that i think about it... why did the immortal duo went after Naruto?

Well, I'm not sure of why they went after Naruto either but my guess is that they are probably almost done catching the jinchuurikis, so catching naruto would not be a problem as long as they put him last. ( but it might not be the case, cuz I'm just guessing about the amount they have to catch).

At this level I don’t think the Leader is going to take it easy and allow Hebi to jeopardize his plans. :eyeroll

I agree with you on that Lord Hokage but I don not think he will send all his men on mission because he already lost three of them.

Early reviews. Good job, Kadodo :kkthumbs .

I've just got things on my mind to ponder. The whole Sasuke's quest on defeating Itachi with Hebi right to this chapter looks like an RPG or some sort for me. Well, first you recruit members from around the corners, then you stop on some place to get supplies such as weapons, medicines, armors or in Hebi's case, cloaks. Seriously, what's with Kishimoto and cloaks? :headscratch First Akatsuki, then Hebi, later the Konoha squads. Well, not that it really got something to do with the story anyway....

Big fight ensues in the later chapters (not next chapter I'm sure), looks like it. But I doubt that Hebi and the Konoha squads will get to Itachi that easily. Especially with Deidara and Tobi on the move. With that being said, perhaps we will get to know who Tobi really is, considering the rumor that he is Obito.

Well, Az3r, I'm pretty sure Sasuke did not waste all his money just for cloaks. As I already said in my review, I think these weapons are under the cloaks or it's just that Kishimoto is waiting for another time to show it to us.

Okay, I think Deidara and Tobi have a big chance of getting killed. Kakashi has really improved since the las time he fought Deidara didn't he? He knows his moves now, so I'm thinking he might be able to fight against him now. About Tobi being Obito, I have three comments:
1) It's a possibility that he's Obito but that would mean he's a sharingan user as well which could mean he's a copy ninja just like Kakashi.

2) Where was he all this time? and wouldn't he be mad at Itachi for killing his clan or is he waiting for the right time to kill him.

3) If Tobi is really Obito, that would mean there are four sharingan users: kakashi, Itachi, Sasuke and Tobi/Obito.

Az3r
May 20, 2007, 05:28 AM
.Well, Az3r, I'm pretty sure Sasuke did not waste all his money just for cloaks. As I already said in my review, I think these weapons are under the cloaks or it's just that Kishimoto is waiting for another time to show it to us.

Okay, I think Deidara and Tobi have a big chance of getting killed. Kakashi has really improved since the las time he fought Deidara didn't he? He knows his moves now, so I'm thinking he might be able to fight against him now. About Tobi being Obito, I have three comments:
1) It's a possibility that he's Obito but that would mean he's a sharingan user as well which could mean he's a copy ninja just like Kakashi.

2) Where was he all this time? and wouldn't he be mad at Itachi for killing his clan or is he waiting for the right time to kill him.

3) If Tobi is really Obito, that would mean there are four sharingan users: kakashi, Itachi, Sasuke and Tobi/Obito.

I just find it quite amusing that Kishimoto portrays some characters with cloaks so many times. It's just me or it maybe because of the rain :s . Yeah, maybe true that they hid their weapons inside the cloaks. At least they have to have a function, right :smile-big .
About Deidara-Tobi, yes, they might be candidates to be killed next, considering they are bound to be stranded in the middle of Hebi or Konoha Squad (or both) track. But I think not before we know who Tobi really is. At least, his abilities in battle. Heck, he's the most mysterious of Akatsuki, aside from the Leader. I'm not saying that he 'is' Tobi, it's just the rumor and the suggestive way of Kishimoto draw him (his appearance). But if that's true, your three comments is highly anticipated.
Hope I don't sound redundant.

lordHokage
May 20, 2007, 08:03 AM
I agree with you on that Lord Hokage but I don not think he will send all his men on mission because he already lost three of them.

Zetus purpose is to watch and inform the Leader and keep Akatsuki plans secret. If necessary he would kill his comrades and all eyewitnesses. The unnamed member may have similar responsibility but who knows. :eyeroll

kadodo
May 20, 2007, 08:36 AM
Zetus purpose is to watch and inform the Leader and keep Akatsuki plans secret. If necessary he would kill his comrades and all eyewitnesses. The unnamed member may have similar responsibility but who knows. :eyeroll

I understand he has to watch and inform the leader but would he rather kill his comrades instead of saving them? If that's the case, when Deidara and Tobi are in real trouble he's gonna finish them off? I don't know if the leader is willing to lose more of his guys at this point.

bilheteira
May 20, 2007, 11:03 AM
humm... i really really don't know how to rate this chapter...

of course it was nice to see the talkingcats, maybe because we glimpsed a little of that mysterious uchiha world that has only 2 elements now.

buuuuut...

i'm agreeing with some opinions that have rised in these days:

what the hell? konoha might be facing a huge crisis and they send only kids to deal with this? of course they are powerfull kids but i dunno...

and okey it is nice to see the hinata-shino-kiba team back on tracks but it was a forced entry don't you think?

i'm not a hinata fan i have to say, and sakura sometimes really gets in my nerves, she so obnoxious sometimes! and that sasuke thing! grrr!

but i feel sorry for naruto, i think he deserves what he wants, he's a nice guy! this also can be nice opportunity to make sakura jealous!!! (did u saw in the last panel, i think she is starting to be already uncomfortable with this, at least i hope so)

and by the way, juugo proportions are really strange, his head and his feet are too small for the type of body kishi wants to show.

and yes i agree the last appearance of «hebi» team its a bit of akatsuki rendez-vouz, maybe they put small red snakes instead of clouds who knows!

kadodo
May 20, 2007, 09:00 PM
humm... i really really don't know how to rate this chapter...

of course it was nice to see the talkingcats, maybe because we glimpsed a little of that mysterious uchiha world that has only 2 elements now.

buuuuut...

i'm agreeing with some opinions that have rised in these days:

what the hell? konoha might be facing a huge crisis and they send only kids to deal with this? of course they are powerfull kids but i dunno...

and okey it is nice to see the hinata-shino-kiba team back on tracks but it was a forced entry don't you think?

i'm not a hinata fan i have to say, and sakura sometimes really gets in my nerves, she so obnoxious sometimes! and that sasuke thing! grrr!

but i feel sorry for naruto, i think he deserves what he wants, he's a nice guy! this also can be nice opportunity to make sakura jealous!!! (did u saw in the last panel, i think she is starting to be already uncomfortable with this, at least i hope so)

and by the way, juugo proportions are really strange, his head and his feet are too small for the type of body kishi wants to show.

and yes i agree the last appearance of «hebi» team its a bit of akatsuki rendez-vouz, maybe they put small red snakes instead of clouds who knows!

They not only sendin kids, they also have yamato and kakashi. Also, I don't think naruto would have let anybody else go in that mission without him being there.

weixiaobao
May 20, 2007, 09:11 PM
They not only sendin kids, they also have yamato and kakashi. Also, I don't think naruto would have let anybody else go in that mission without him being there.

I think biheteira meant like why dun send an entire army of elite jounins or something...
But then again... all of the jounins are scatter after 2 immortal duo incidents (i guess), they are all out hunting akatsuki and not only naruto's group... and beside hinata's team is best to find people ....

kadodo
May 20, 2007, 09:15 PM
I agree with you that they could send an army but I think that they see that it's best to not send them anywhere so in case they attack Konoha they will be present.

weixiaobao
May 20, 2007, 09:25 PM
i agree, (i forgot about possible invasion) , i also think that the 5th may knew something about capturing the tail beast in order, that maybe why she not too afraid to send Naruto...

kadodo
May 20, 2007, 09:32 PM
i agree, (i forgot about possible invasion) , i also think that the 5th may knew something about capturing the tail beast in order, that maybe why she not too afraid to send Naruto...

You think she knows about the order? For some reason I do not think so, because there was no proof (that I not of, I might be wrong) that she knows about the statue. If she knew about the statue I would probalby think that she knew about the order

weixiaobao
May 20, 2007, 09:40 PM
i was just totally guessing but again the perv sennin may had know something and tell her... which very well explained why she keep sending naruto to the enemy..

kadodo
May 20, 2007, 09:43 PM
You probably right, he may have known something but I wonder where he gets all his information. For some reason, I think it might be from Tobi

weixiaobao
May 20, 2007, 09:46 PM
for some reasons i think it come from the last of the akatsuki who have not yet made an apperance.... i think he sleep with her for info... and yes, i am serious....

kadodo
May 20, 2007, 10:04 PM
the unnamed member is a girl?

Edit:
I guess she is, she does look like a girl from the back, ( the one I circled)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8693/naruto31702qu9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Az3r
May 21, 2007, 05:14 AM
Either the unnamed member, Tobi, or Itachi himself. For some reason guys, I still can't give in to the idea that Itachi is truly evil. What if he's just a double agent? Uh, sorry for theorizing. But he is a kind of character that keeps you guessing his true nature. Remember, Jiraiya said that his source is very trustful (something along that lines) a long time ago even before the appearance of Tobi. The massacre of the Uchiha clan is something mysterious. We don't even have a proof that Itachi is the true perpetrator (correct me if I'm wrong). It's like he's a red herring. But I guess we'll know about all of that in a bit.

kadodo
May 21, 2007, 08:26 AM
Either the unnamed member, Tobi, or Itachi himself. For some reason guys, I still can't give in to the idea that Itachi is truly evil. What if he's just a double agent? Uh, sorry for theorizing. But he is a kind of character that keeps you guessing his true nature. Remember, Jiraiya said that his source is very trustful (something along that lines) a long time ago even before the appearance of Tobi. The massacre of the Uchiha clan is something mysterious. We don't even have a proof that Itachi is the true perpetrator (correct me if I'm wrong). It's like he's a red herring. But I guess we'll know about all of that in a bit.

You know I thought that Itachi might be evil too at some point but the only thing that made me see otherwise was when he beat the heck out of Sasuke when they came to capture Naruto for the first time.

Sarmad
May 21, 2007, 02:25 PM
First of all i'd like to congratulate you on a great review! ..

Since Oda has started warming up with One Piece, i feel like reading a child's comic when reading Naruto! Thus i can't agree with a 5 out of 5 !!

Well it might be THE arc of Itachi's/Akatsuki's downfall but it just feels wrong seeing how it's been building up! Though i want to see that chapter finally being over, it still seems rushed. One might think that Kishimoto lacks the creativitiy and the ideas to continue the story. The reason why i think so is that all the recent dialogues and decisions were rather odd. Seeing how the sannins reacted to Orochimaru's death... ah well, i won't talk it any more bad than it is already!
I'd give it a 2 out of 5

kadodo
May 21, 2007, 03:07 PM
First of all i'd like to congratulate you on a great review! ..

Since Oda has started warming up with One Piece, i feel like reading a child's comic when reading Naruto! Thus i can't agree with a 5 out of 5 !!

Well it might be THE arc of Itachi's/Akatsuki's downfall but it just feels wrong seeing how it's been building up! Though i want to see that chapter finally being over, it still seems rushed. One might think that Kishimoto lacks the creativitiy and the ideas to continue the story. The reason why i think so is that all the recent dialogues and decisions were rather odd. Seeing how the sannins reacted to Orochimaru's death... ah well, i won't talk it any more bad than it is already!
I'd give it a 2 out of 5

Thank You for the compliment.

Based on your comment, I can see that you think the recent events are going kind of too fast. I won't argue that there were a lot stuff in just one chapter. However, how long have we been waiting to see all the following things:

1) Sasuke going after Itachi
2)Tobi finally showing his moves (it will most likely happen in the upcoming chapters)
3)Team 8! (and especially Hinata)

I don't know if you were waiting for these things also but in just one chapter we got to see all of these things. Wouldn't a fan be happy to see these things? I would understand a 4 or even a 3 because it was kind of rushed but a 2 is just cruel... But you have to know I totally respect your opinion, I was just giving you mine.

Slippers
May 21, 2007, 06:53 PM
Awesome review
and awesome chapter
Finally, things are getting interesting.
I think that Naruto's going to go crazy, and Yamato is going to have some trouble controlling him

Az3r
May 21, 2007, 07:37 PM
You know I thought that Itachi might be evil too at some point but the only thing that made me see otherwise was when he beat the heck out of Sasuke when they came to capture Naruto for the first time.
With all respect Kadodo, I view that as sarcasm. If not, please tell me why?

kadodo
May 21, 2007, 08:17 PM
With all respect Kadodo, I view that as sarcasm. If not, please tell me why?

My bad, I meant to to say I thought he might NOT be evil. I just forgot to put NOT in my post.

MadDog
May 21, 2007, 09:13 PM
Nice review Kadodo!

After reading 354, I have to agree that this chapter sets the stage nicely for the upcoming battles. There are some many potential match-up's that things will defeintly be interesting.

The talking cats were a little unexpected, but I guess that adds to the Uchiha mystique. Who knows, maybe they had a blood contract with cats? (If that's the case, I think the crazy lady who lives across the street from me must be an Uchiha, because her pack of wild always jump in my yard and beat up on my dogs!)

I think a few people have said it, but the city does look the AL's quasi-futuristic city from a while back. Kind of weird that it looks abandoned, but that would explain why cats had free roam of the place.

But I digress. One thing that did bother me in this chapter is the concept of "Capturing Itachi." Have they lost their minds? He's without a doubt the most dangerous Akatsuki (we've seen in action) and they can't possibly hope to take him down without poking his eyes out. Sounds funny, but I really don't see any other way of him being restrained.

Also, their reasoning for capturing Itachi is ludicris. I understand that Kishimoto has a storyline to develop, but the Sakura/Naruto's idea of taking Itachi alive so that "Sasuke has a target" is only endangering the lives of both their teamates and themselves.

As for the team formations, I think you're right that Kakashi is leading 8 and Yamato is leading 7. That also seems odd since team 7 is essentially left without a "tracker." Maybe the plan is for 8 to locate the target and for 7 to act as the muscle (with Kakashi and company backing them up). Who knows?

weixiaobao
May 21, 2007, 09:49 PM
i just got a crazy idea that Kurenai Yuhi is also part of the team except she in hiding and come out when necessary (like a ninja)... but this is not realy Kishimoto's style though

Az3r
May 22, 2007, 05:06 AM
Isn't she pregnant, Wei? We wouldn't want her to give birth prematurely in the battlefield, would we? :err

lordHokage
May 22, 2007, 06:13 AM
I understand he has to watch and inform the leader but would he rather kill his comrades instead of saving them? If that's the case, when Deidara and Tobi are in real trouble he's gonna finish them off? I don't know if the leader is willing to lose more of his guys at this point.

Only if they spill the beans. :eyeroll

I concur with your thoughts, I do believe Itachi is Jiraiya stool pigeon. :blink

kadodo
May 22, 2007, 09:05 AM
Nice review Kadodo!

After reading 354, I have to agree that this chapter sets the stage nicely for the upcoming battles. There are some many potential match-up's that things will defeintly be interesting.

The talking cats were a little unexpected, but I guess that adds to the Uchiha mystique. Who knows, maybe they had a blood contract with cats? (If that's the case, I think the crazy lady who lives across the street from me must be an Uchiha, because her pack of wild always jump in my yard and beat up on my dogs!)

I think a few people have said it, but the city does look the AL's quasi-futuristic city from a while back. Kind of weird that it looks abandoned, but that would explain why cats had free roam of the place.

But I digress. One thing that did bother me in this chapter is the concept of "Capturing Itachi." Have they lost their minds? He's without a doubt the most dangerous Akatsuki (we've seen in action) and they can't possibly hope to take him down without poking his eyes out. Sounds funny, but I really don't see any other way of him being restrained.

Also, their reasoning for capturing Itachi is ludicris. I understand that Kishimoto has a storyline to develop, but the Sakura/Naruto's idea of taking Itachi alive so that "Sasuke has a target" is only endangering the lives of both their teamates and themselves.

As for the team formations, I think you're right that Kakashi is leading 8 and Yamato is leading 7. That also seems odd since team 7 is essentially left without a "tracker." Maybe the plan is for 8 to locate the target and for 7 to act as the muscle (with Kakashi and company backing them up). Who knows?

I also think that it will be hard for team 7 and 8 to capture Itachi, isn't he like the best after the leader? However, it will ne a hard fight for him as well, since there will be like 12 people after him.

About the leaders Team 8 and 7. I still cannot think of a good reason why Yamato is with Team 7 and Kakashi is with Team 8. I would guess because Yamato does not really know the kids in Team 8 so he cannot be their leader. And since he already went on two missions with Naruto, it would make more sense to make him the leader of Team 7.

i just got a crazy idea that Kurenai Yuhi is also part of the team except she in hiding and come out when necessary (like a ninja)... but this is not realy Kishimoto's style though

I don;t think so because she's pregnant!! And I do not think that she's stupid enough to go in secret and jeopardize the life of her baby, that be just very stupid of Kishimoto.

Sailori
May 22, 2007, 02:43 PM
It was explained before that Yamato is Team 7 new leader because he is able to hold down Naruto's Kyuubi tranformations.

Sarmad
May 22, 2007, 03:54 PM
Yep, 2 out of 5 is some bad rating, but MAddog actually posted, what i was too lazy to write ^^

"But I digress. One thing that did bother me in this chapter is the concept of "Capturing Itachi." Have they lost their minds? He's without a doubt the most dangerous Akatsuki (we've seen in action) and they can't possibly hope to take him down without poking his eyes out. Sounds funny, but I really don't see any other way of him being restrained.

Also, their reasoning for capturing Itachi is ludicris. I understand that Kishimoto has a storyline to develop, but the Sakura/Naruto's idea of taking Itachi alive so that "Sasuke has a target" is only endangering the lives of both their teamates and themselves."

kadodo
May 22, 2007, 04:57 PM
Yep, 2 out of 5 is some bad rating, but MAddog actually posted, what i was too lazy to write ^^

"But I digress. One thing that did bother me in this chapter is the concept of "Capturing Itachi." Have they lost their minds? He's without a doubt the most dangerous Akatsuki (we've seen in action) and they can't possibly hope to take him down without poking his eyes out. Sounds funny, but I really don't see any other way of him being restrained.

Also, their reasoning for capturing Itachi is ludicris. I understand that Kishimoto has a storyline to develop, but the Sakura/Naruto's idea of taking Itachi alive so that "Sasuke has a target" is only endangering the lives of both their teamates and themselves."

As I said before, it will be very hard on both sides. It will be hard for both teams to capture Itachi and I have a feeling it will be hard for Itachi to resist them as well.

It was explained before that Yamato is Team 7 new leader because he is able to hold down Naruto's Kyuubi tranformations.

I don't remember that being mentioned but that's a good reasoning for Yamato being the leader.

MadDog
May 22, 2007, 08:01 PM
As I said before, it will be very hard on both sides. It will be hard for both teams to capture Itachi and I have a feeling it will be hard for Itachi to resist them as well.

Yeah. Trying to take Itachi alive is a foolish venture, at best. All the guy needs to do is wink at you and you'll be drooling in a hospital bed for a week. Before I start sounding like an Itachi fanboy, his tactics probably won't involve Tsukiyomi if it's an 8 on 2 situation. However, that doesn't make him any less dangerous.

Let's say they do succeed. What in the heck is their next move...put Itachi on trial for mass murder?? Or do they send Sasuke a note telling him that if he's good boy and comes back to Konoha, they have a present for him? I don't quite get it. I apologize for going off on a point we seem to agree on, but this plot detail really bothers me for some reason. If Konoha's decison was to exterminate all Akatsuki members because of their crimes and the inherent threat to their village, I'd be fine with the mission. Really. (Sorry, but I feel better now)

I don't remember that being mentioned but that's a good reasoning for Yamato being the leader.

That does make sense.

weixiaobao
May 22, 2007, 08:03 PM
I don;t think so because she's pregnant!! And I do not think that she's stupid enough to go in secret and jeopardize the life of her baby, that be just very stupid of Kishimoto.

i kinda read those latest naruto chapter kinda in a fast pace... but when did she got pregnant.... ???? :S

Az3r
May 22, 2007, 08:27 PM
i kinda read those latest naruto chapter kinda in a fast pace... but when did she got pregnant.... ???? :S

I suggest you read Hidan-Kakuzu arc again. :)

weixiaobao
May 22, 2007, 08:46 PM
I suggest you read Hidan-Kakuzu arc again. :)

wow you gotta kidding me... (shame on weixiaobao) i guess i should have read intensly before discussing... ... but good to know the sarutobi or the monkey family has another member...

kadodo
May 22, 2007, 09:19 PM

As I see the question was already answered, the Hidan-Kakuzu arc was when it happened
[hr]

Yeah. Trying to take Itachi alive is a foolish venture, at best. All the guy needs to do is wink at you and you'll be drooling in a hospital bed for a week. Before I start sounding like an Itachi fanboy, his tactics probably won't involve Tsukiyomi if it's an 8 on 2 situation. However, that doesn't make him any less dangerous.

Let's say they do succeed. What in the heck is their next move...put Itachi on trial for mass murder?? Or do they send Sasuke a note telling him that if he's good boy and comes back to Konoha, they have a present for him? I don't quite get it. I apologize for going off on a point we seem to agree on, but this plot detail really bothers me for some reason. If Konoha's decison was to exterminate all Akatsuki members because of their crimes and the inherent threat to their village, I'd be fine with the mission. Really. (Sorry, but I feel better now)

You're right, if they do succeed I wonder what they will do with him. Will Sasuke be happy that they caught the guy he hates the most for him? I don't think so. They might just make things worst between Sasuke and the others (meaning naruto, sakura and the others)

Sarmad
May 23, 2007, 08:13 AM
You're right, if they do succeed I wonder what they will do with him. Will Sasuke be happy that they caught the guy he hates the most for him? I don't think so. They might just make things worst between Sasuke and the others (meaning naruto, sakura and the others)

Exactly, and that's what makes the reasoning for the mission so damn illogical! It's vague what Kishimoto is up to or if he is acutally up to anything at all or rather clueless ^^

kadodo
May 23, 2007, 08:38 AM
Exactly, and that's what makes the reasoning for the mission so damn illogical! It's vague what Kishimoto is up to or if he is acutally up to anything at all or rather clueless ^^

I think the best think is for naruto and the others help sasuke fight anybody who is in his way but Itachi got to be his. However, I would not mind to see Naruto going after Itachi.

sure_shot
May 23, 2007, 06:16 PM
Naruto and Sakura are doing the mission because they (stupidly) think that it will bring Sasuke back, but I think Tsunade's allowing them to do it, so they can eliminate an Akatsuki member. If you assume that, it makes the reasoning behind the current arc a little easier to digest.

kadodo
May 23, 2007, 06:24 PM
I guess you can say that but I do not think Tsunade is that selfish

walkie
May 25, 2007, 08:38 AM
the reason why tsunade lets naruto go after sasuke, although akatsuki is after naruto, is tsunade believes in him, right?? as jiraiya and kakashi....we know naruto has a strange way with peoples feelings :P anyway they believe naruto will succeed, i dont think there is other purpose....

ornis
May 25, 2007, 10:39 AM
I guess you can say that but I do not think Tsunade is that selfish

If Tsunade does desire the head of any Akatsuki member more than the return of Sasuke, her intent would really make the story far more interesting... such would challenge a happy view of Konoha's Will of Fire---besides, they aren't at all obliged to a jinchuuriki's whim... if they were, I'd feel for them.

Why follow Naruto's orders just for Naruto's gain? A twisting abuse of the circumstance would really give the Hokage an uncompromising resolve; make her seem less yielding to a Jounin-level Genin. Tsunade's decision should be revealed as her way of saying, "What needs to be done to protect the village, even at the cost of bonds, needs to be done." Or at least cause her to question the extent to which protecting family should be paramount in any plan... Should a Leaf-nin protect the smallest level of family (Sasu & Naru) or remove the threat to the biggest (Konoha)? Subsequently, the "Get Itachi" mission could be thought of as a hypocritical and/or very nutty effort. If Konoha was shown to be that cold and confused about their purpose, I'd be amused and find, in my opinion, some needed depth in the manga. I'd have a feast, though that's more cake to have than to eat...

Sarmad
May 25, 2007, 03:36 PM
Dude, Naruto freakin saved Tsunade and revived her "Will of Fire"! Tsunade has a lot of faith in Naruto's abilities. A little too much for my taste but that's how Kishimoto has decided it to be.
Therefore is it not wise for Tsunade to become ruthless, cause THAT would make her seem fake or rather not authentical!

kadodo
May 25, 2007, 05:00 PM
the reason why tsunade lets naruto go after sasuke, although akatsuki is after naruto, is tsunade believes in him, right?? as jiraiya and kakashi....we know naruto has a strange way with peoples feelings :P anyway they believe naruto will succeed, i dont think there is other purpose....

I definitely agree with you when you said, she believes in him. Remember Tsunade did not want to become the new hokage before? Guess who convinced her to be the fifth hokage?: Naruto! So I think Tsunade believes that Naruto will find a way of bringing Sasuke back with the convincing spirit that he has.

If Tsunade does desire the head of any Akatsuki member more than the return of Sasuke, her intent would really make the story far more interesting... such would challenge a happy view of Konoha's Will of Fire---besides, they aren't at all obliged to a jinchuuriki's whim... if they were, I'd feel for them.

Why follow Naruto's orders just for Naruto's gain? A twisting abuse of the circumstance would really give the Hokage an uncompromising resolve; make her seem less yielding to a Jounin-level Genin. Tsunade's decision should be revealed as her way of saying, "What needs to be done to protect the village, even at the cost of bonds, needs to be done." Or at least cause her to question the extent to which protecting family should be paramount in any plan... Should a Leaf-nin protect the smallest level of family (Sasu & Naru) or remove the threat to the biggest (Konoha)? Subsequently, the "Get Itachi" mission could be thought of as a hypocritical and/or very nutty effort. If Konoha was shown to be that cold and confused about their purpose, I'd be amused and find, in my opinion, some needed depth in the manga. I'd have feast, though that's more cake to have than to eat...

I'm pretty sure that Tsunade wants Konoha to be safe. The fact that she's letting Naruto go after Itachi is actually a way of protecting the country. (since he is part of Akatsuki) Even though that Itachi is after Naruto, defeating the Akatsuki is part of what can protect Konoha in the future.

One other thing, that I believe makes Tsunade believe in Naruto so much is probably the resemblence Naruto has with her deceased younger brother. She probalby thinks that she could not refuse a request from a brother. (that's just my opinion here)

Dude, Naruto freakin saved Tsunade and revived her "Will of Fire"! Tsunade has a lot of faith in Naruto's abilities. A little too much for my taste but that's how Kishimoto has decided it to be.
Therefore is it not wise for Tsunade to become ruthless, cause THAT would make her seem fake or rather not authentical!

As I already said, Tsunade indeed believes a lot in Naruto. If Tsunade starts to lose belief in the boy that not only has a great resemblance to her deceased brother but also is the reason that she became Hokage today, the fans will lose interest in reading the manga.

MadDog
May 25, 2007, 11:00 PM
Although the failure of the mission (with Naruto being captured) would utlimately be very costly for Konoha, Tsunade is protecting the village by letting Naruto going on the mission, win or lose.

If the mission succeeds, they can then sort things out with Sasuke, and everyone will be happy.

If this mission does end with Naruto in Akatsuki's hands, that would be disastrous for the village in the long run, however, Konoha would be spared a potentially damaging attack/invasion (in the short term) which would cost many lives, as well as damage to their infrastructure. Look what happend to the Sand. Plus, they're coming for him regardless.

Definetlly a cynical outlook. And not at all Tsunade's intention as she is not totally ruthless and has a connection with Naruto. However, it would spare many lives, at least for a while. To clarify, I'm not at all suggesting that Tsunade is setting Naruto up to spare Konoha the wrath of the Akatsuki. I'm just pointing out an upside, if things go south.

ornis
May 27, 2007, 01:52 PM
My remark was highly hypocritical and cynical, but I was scratching at the irony of my idea; the notion would be a disturbing review of the human condition: has Tsunade ever asked, "Why the hell am I alive; what am I supposed to do?" That is, has she examined her "sense of being," but additionally, in an anxious way? Yet, that inspection would be disturbing because it would go against her character.... Observe the aim that I pursue: I could dissect Tsunade for her sincerity---I could form my own conclusions about Tsunade's integrity... her intent would be far from solid, and that possibility makes a complex character that must struggle to be true to herself... which Naruto already helped her do... but Naruto isn't perfect, and losing Sasuke has to be but a leaf on a branch if not a leaf on a tree of issues that being Hokage entails.

But what is wrong with empathizing with a fickle Tsunade, if doing so allows us to meditate on and relate to her wrestle with the human condition?