PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Hitomi no Catoblepas by Tanaka Yasuki

Nami
May 22, 2007, 04:41 AM
Another new series from Weekly Shonen Jump by Tanaka Yasuki!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/pandoraliz/MH/issue25coveruz1.jpg
credits to kylara

A story about a guy Tokio who's a descendent of a youma fighters who saves a girl from some mysterious happenings...

To find out more, get
- Chap 1
(http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12902)- Chap 2 (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13187),
- Chap 3 (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13425)from the old and new R/T/S sections!

Get the Pilot Chapter HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12902).

------------------------------------------------

This seem like a promising series, supernatural stuff and a hero saves the world?!
Anyway, talk about this series here :)

Koen
May 22, 2007, 07:50 AM
Well I was doutbing to start a serie on this. The one shot was great, and the first chapter was something on that line. I wonder what yoma will come up later on, maybe some good guys and villains?

But first chapter was indeed promising, though I liked the one shot a little more

ssjohn
May 22, 2007, 08:11 AM
I havent read the one shot but i do love this series it looks like it could evolve into something big :) but only time will tell i guess >.< lets just hope it gets more then 10 chapters >_>

Maxy Barnard
May 24, 2007, 05:49 AM
essentially put, this is the best opening chapter in WJ in a long long time. gotta love everything about it, whether it's tokio or just how catoblepas looks, to the next best use of the term yoma since claymore. pure brilliance

tsukai and p2 may be great now, but neither opened with such brilliance

and i doubt itll flop at 10 chapters. only M&Y (*sniff*) and jumbor (meh) were that unloved. and hands. but hands was just terrible.

juUnior
May 24, 2007, 01:02 PM
I agree with Indiana_Mcemo, it's really good opening chapter for the story, really good I mean. I really loved acually that first chapter, and hope it will be as good as that in next chapters. Compared to that other new title in Shonen Jump, it's much mich better ;p

Hope to see more from Hitomi no Catoblepas :D

Koen
May 25, 2007, 07:32 AM
well I did remember the one shot, and the one shot was relly awesome and I knew this one got it, I am looking forward to more and this has potential

Meccamputechture
May 25, 2007, 10:54 AM
I'd like to start reading this...but I haven't seem anything that'd make me want to start. Usually a panel showing something striking, or a page perhaps...that's what could possibly get me involved.

Would anyone post a good page from the chapter?

Koen
May 25, 2007, 11:38 AM
I'd like to start reading this...but I haven't seem anything that'd make me want to start. Usually a panel showing something striking, or a page perhaps...that's what could possibly get me involved.

Would anyone post a good page from the chapter?

Is it that difficult for reading it and state your opinion after this chapter

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6194/012526cc4.th.png (http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=012526cc4.png)
[hr]
here you are

Meccamputechture
May 25, 2007, 01:38 PM
Is it that difficult for reading it and state your opinion after this chapter

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6194/012526cc4.th.png (http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=012526cc4.png)

here you areThanks. Heh, yea, it's difficult at the moment. I'll let that manga pick up a few chapters before I request a page again.

Koen
May 25, 2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks. Heh, yea, it's difficult at the moment. I'll let that manga pick up a few chapters before I request a page again.

well if second chap comes out, I'll try to upload a new one. to wake up your interest

cnet128
May 26, 2007, 01:28 AM
Heh. You know, I'm sure you could have chosen a better page than that.

Personally, I think 36 would have been an awesome choice. But then, anyone who read my translation could tell you that :p

But seriously, just read the chapter. ~_~

Koen
May 26, 2007, 05:43 AM
Well first, I was too lazy to look for a page, and doubles are mostly good ones. And second I think you should give it a try by reading the whole chap

chapter 2: was as expected a bit introducing chap but ended with a new villain

bakashijinsan
May 29, 2007, 08:36 AM
I'm beginning to like this series. Especially that eye of his! So cool! Anyone knows, where to get the one shot of this?

Koen
May 29, 2007, 10:25 AM
I'm beginning to like this series. Especially that eye of his! So cool! Anyone knows, where to get the one shot of this?

Xio posted it once in thread weekly scan dump -> prolly have to go 12-8 pages back

xi0
May 29, 2007, 11:56 AM
Xio posted it once in thread weekly scan dump -> prolly have to go 12-8 pages back

No...I posted it in the Jump TOC thread. That or you could just fine the RTS in the Old RTS section. I posted it with the first chapter.

Koen
June 04, 2007, 06:41 AM
No...I posted it in the Jump TOC thread. That or you could just fine the RTS in the Old RTS section. I posted it with the first chapter.

ah okay, my mistake (ToC and weekly scan dump -> the two threads that I always check for the weekly shounen jump series)
[hr]
well, it seems like a new character is introduced, and based on my first impressions: his powers remind of roy mustang (fma) and I doubt of him being bad though I am not sure

Gamabounta
June 07, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well it's crystal clear that he's an ally.

The first chapters are good. I'm not as awesom-ed as reading Bleach #001 or One Piece #001 but I like the background, etc.

Btw, do anyone know where I can find the "pilot chapter" scanlated ? It had been published by WSJ some months ago.

xi0
June 07, 2007, 04:25 PM
I uploaded it a while back. Check the RTS thread for the first chapter.

Koen
June 09, 2007, 02:44 AM
you saw that new guy his yoma(??? don't for sure, because I have to wait for trans) -> awesome manga this can become

Maxy Barnard
June 09, 2007, 04:27 AM
this mangas already beyond awesome. and the first three chapters prove that beyond a doubt. gotta love Tokio's skill with catoblepas, and the ability of his eye

Koen
June 09, 2007, 10:02 AM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/53 (http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hitominocatoblepas004pgqe1.jpg)[hr]
[hr]
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hitominocatoblepas004pgqe1.jpg

another cool picture for the interested ones

Maxy Barnard
June 09, 2007, 03:08 PM
the latest chapter is expanding pretty well into the universe of shimura tokio. its nice to see it has the right pacing and tone that i expected

Koen
June 16, 2007, 08:15 AM
the latest chapter is expanding pretty well into the universe of shimura tokio. its nice to see it has the right pacing and tone that i expected

yeah there's really a story, and it's already being outlined now. Often such a things can take long. So there are four families that are all from one famous (damned forgot the term). One is introduced now, and he has a cool youma if you ask me
[hr]
another good thing: the story evolves fast - we already saw a third family member at the end

ginrai
June 18, 2007, 11:29 AM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/53 (http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hitominocatoblepas004pgqe1.jpg)<hr noshade size="1">
<hr noshade size="1">
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hitominocatoblepas004pgqe1.jpg

another cool picture for the interested ones

lawl!can you say blabant magician's red rip-off[jojo bizarre adventures part3 avdoll's stand)

Maxy Barnard
June 18, 2007, 03:29 PM
well fire birds arent exactly a rare occurence, phoenix's anyway?
anyway a bit of a slip in speed this week, with the third being shown at leat 2 chapters too fast for me, but i guess a split into two scenarios could work for timelines sake

ryusuke_
June 30, 2007, 08:19 PM
Could anybody update this thread with the new releases by Phase 3 and the new raws? Thanks anyway! ^^

xi0
June 30, 2007, 08:53 PM
People should know by now to go to the RTS section to get the latest chapter.

Maxy Barnard
July 01, 2007, 02:13 PM
yeah. seems HnC will be in RTS till the end. what was the last series to manage that?

anyway, latest chapter.... i wont say spoilers till a few days of it being scanlated, but some great developments, puns, and characters shown. this is indeed one of the best jump series around!

xi0
July 01, 2007, 05:17 PM
Who knows when HnC will end though?

If Blue Dragon is indeed ending, I think it'll be the first series at MH to have an RTS thread for every chapter.

Maxy Barnard
July 02, 2007, 01:16 PM
ah true! i forgot about BDRG. i suppose it deserves a nod for that level of popularity.....

but i see HnC as getting a good ranking........... NEXT WEEK?!
already? wow. or the week after that. either chap 8 or 9 methinks

mewtant_x
July 06, 2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks. It looks interesting, hope that it will become a classic like Bleach.

Koen
July 06, 2007, 02:13 PM
Well was I happy to be able to read HnC in budapest in an internet cafe (damned qwertz - hungarian board - /me used too azerty). New main villains (sheadows mainly) introduced, more background about tokio his brother,... This manga has potential

Maxy Barnard
July 07, 2007, 03:27 PM
I really think that we're gonna have a sotr of 'muhyo style' villain thing going on in the way of tokio's brother. presuming he reappears.

Koen
July 08, 2007, 04:47 AM
I really think that we're gonna have a sotr of 'muhyo style' villain thing going on in the way of tokio's brother. presuming he reappears.

Well the new villain has strange eyes for sure. That old hag getting behind the back of our three members without them noticing it is an element that there will be stronger opponents and maybe faster than tokio but we'll see that

but tokio his borther is indeed an element for later on

Maxy Barnard
July 09, 2007, 01:15 PM
I think it's safe to assume that we're approaching the main storyline now, with all the elements converging to form sides. and with one more person to be introduced later to the good guys, we have a lot to look forward to. although the latest chapter had a bum panel on one page (all heaeds looked weird. look for it :D)

ryusuke_
July 09, 2007, 02:04 PM
I think that 4th guardian will become evil...

Maxy Barnard
July 09, 2007, 02:16 PM
that seems too predictable. besides, if anyones the 'loose cannon' type, it the firebird man

Koen
July 09, 2007, 02:43 PM
I don't think that the 4th head will be an evil guy. He'll be a good guy, but I wouldn't be suprised if he's talentous or maybe an oldie (in contrast to our other three). What's possible is the fact that there will be family members having an allience with youma (eg tokio his brother)

BTW that evil guy has the same eyes (star) of tokio's brother, or is he the brother?

Maxy Barnard
July 09, 2007, 06:31 PM
his face looks like tokio's, so its a safe assumption
different name denies that though

cnet128
July 10, 2007, 08:46 AM
I'd say it's pretty damn safe to say that Tenma Hajun and Tokihito are the same person. The eyes are the same, the face evokes Tokio's as well as what little we've seen of Tokihito via flashback, and the hype-text at the end of the chapter practically states it outright. "Tenma Hajun" is a demon from Buddhist mythology, so presumably Tokihito has just taken that name for some reason (he's pretentious? he's fulfilling a prophecy? he's possessed? etc.)

kazamakj
July 10, 2007, 09:25 PM
I am guessing the Genbu family head must be an old foggy. Although I can imagine her as a brash older sister type character just like Midori in Mai Hime. ^^

Going through the list so far I can see

1) Suzaku temple with a Fire Demon (I am sure it has other abilities as well maybe speed and flight <--- wait was flight already seen?)

2) Seiryuu temple with a Water Dragon Demon whom controls water and heals

3) Byakko temple with a Time Manipulating and Poisonous Demon

4) Genbu temple a Barrier protection type? LOL i know simple idea really. Not really being imaginative at the moment (never am actually)

Since the Genbu head is away I'm sort of guessing he/she must be older and more reliable or not cause I think among them the story needs a fun loving character whom controls a demon and will get along well with the Pervert girl ^^

Maxy Barnard
July 11, 2007, 03:57 AM
im pretty sure something resembling flight was seen.

well either way, thanks cnet for explaining the possibility ofthe name being changed to fir the whole demon thing.

which..........yeah, makes it pretty definite. if a bit too early for my liking....

cnet128
July 11, 2007, 01:12 PM
I am guessing the Genbu family head must be an old foggy. Although I can imagine her as a brash older sister type character just like Midori in Mai Hime. ^^

Going through the list so far I can see

1) Suzaku temple with a Fire Demon (I am sure it has other abilities as well maybe speed and flight <--- wait was flight already seen?)

2) Seiryuu temple with a Water Dragon Demon whom controls water and heals

3) Byakko temple with a Time Manipulating and Poisonous Demon

4) Genbu temple a Barrier protection type? LOL i know simple idea really. Not really being imaginative at the moment (never am actually)

Since the Genbu head is away I'm sort of guessing he/she must be older and more reliable or not cause I think among them the story needs a fun loving character whom controls a demon and will get along well with the Pervert girl ^^

Just a couple notes: Tokio's family's temple is the Genbu temple, not the Byakko temple. And Tokio's family is the only one running a temple - we have the Genbu Temple, but the Suzaku Hermitage and the Seiryuu Corporation. So presumably the Hon'ami family's "Byakko" residence will be something different again.

Either way, it's pretty much a cert at this point that the Hon'ami family Yoma is going to take the form of a tiger, after the mythological Byakko. There's a lot of potential there, but as for its abilities, I have no clue.

I'm also kind of wondering how long they're going to wait before showing us this fourth Head. They've introduced the first three in very quick succession, but I'm getting the feeling from the latest chapter that they're done with introductions for the time being, that they've established a group, and are going to work with what they've got - probably a good idea for the moment, since with three House Heads, Miiko and numerous supporting characters from each House on the side of good, and the four Shikyou, Kaimei and Hajun/Tokihito on the enemies' side, they've got plenty of characters to be going on with. Fleshing them out, giving them all a chance to shine, and perhaps develop some interesting character interplay should work well for now. Since they've established the fourth House Head as out of the picture for the moment, I think they'll be saving him/her as something special to introduce later on in the storyline. Hope it's worth the wait.

Of course, I could be completely wrong and the Hon'ami Head could be introduced next chapter. But hey, that's just how these things go :p

LongShot
July 12, 2007, 08:53 PM
I guess those 4 yomas will attack and then the 4th will show up to help the others 3 head's

ryusuke_
July 12, 2007, 08:56 PM
I guess those 4 yomas will attack and then the 4th will show up to help the others 3 head's

That's too predictable, I hope the author makes something unexpected with the 4th head aparition :P

Maxy Barnard
July 31, 2007, 04:05 PM
latest chapters revealed more, and shown just how great this can become. and its cover next week too! well........... centre stage on the bon issue it seems.

anyway, assistant dude is too damn cool. useful yoma too.

nvzblity
August 04, 2007, 03:27 PM
is there no chapter this week, or is it just late?

Koen
August 05, 2007, 09:32 AM
is there no chapter this week, or is it just late?

It just came out, and somehow tokio showed off some of his new powers...

His haircut reminds me of that main character in 666satan

Maxy Barnard
August 05, 2007, 01:27 PM
somehow the power reminded me a lot of ral grad.

but ya know, less terrible and with a price to pay for it

Gouki ZX
August 06, 2007, 01:05 AM
I've been reading this series and I'm really liking it. I think HnC has alot of potential. I also heard that the mangaka of HnC was a former assisant of Hirohiko Araki seeing that there is some similarities to JoJo's Bizzare Adventure.

Maxy Barnard
August 06, 2007, 02:05 PM
i saw the jojo similarites in the bullet dudes fight against the chick, but its too different for me to agree tahts a possibility......

ginrai
August 07, 2007, 11:36 AM
personally i find that the serie is getting annoying imo becuase of the similarities between jojo (enemy youkai going JBA1&2 on the heroes using youkai as stands in similiar ways) and this since it's really kiddy imo an really lack orginality

Stone
August 07, 2007, 01:47 PM
Serie is ok, with options of becomming really good.
Most interesting part in it imo is how there "summons" can change depending on there mood or personallity. If they use that more in the future like upgrading Catoblepas or showing devolved versions of him and other summons like with the dragon... THis serie will be cool imo.

Koen
August 09, 2007, 02:29 AM
Serie is ok, with options of becomming really good.
Most interesting part in it imo is how there "summons" can change depending on there mood or personallity. If they use that more in the future like upgrading Catoblepas or showing devolved versions of him and other summons like with the dragon... THis serie will be cool imo.

Atm the serie is keeping my interest. But I hope a complex plot will begin to start or I somehow fear that it won't interest the japanese and me thus being dropped (not because of me of course)

yoniekai
August 09, 2007, 02:32 AM
the series is cliched... ive lost interest in these past chapters, hoping a more creative plot appears

Maxy Barnard
August 09, 2007, 04:58 AM
am i the only one who can look at it and see (aside from things that are evident in any summon based series) not that many similarities with Jojo?

either way it's crashing a fair bit, which is a shame, as it's far better than at least.......... i dunno, two to three other series in jump?

damn, its such a good setup in jump right now that it's hard to know what will survive

Koen
August 09, 2007, 09:16 AM
am i the only one who can look at it and see (aside from things that are evident in any summon based series) not that many similarities with Jojo?

either way it's crashing a fair bit, which is a shame, as it's far better than at least.......... i dunno, two to three other series in jump?

damn, its such a good setup in jump right now that it's hard to know what will survive

Well I don't bother similarities with jojo. never read it and imo jojo looks gayish :D

barbapapa
August 10, 2007, 10:19 AM
Looks like this is set to end after Volleyball. Not surprising to me in the least.

GGpX
August 10, 2007, 10:34 AM
Catoblepas will be ending in 2 issues.

Sorry to anyone who likes this series.

yoniekai
August 10, 2007, 10:59 AM

Sorry to anyone who likes this series.
i feel more sympathy for the mangaka than the series and the fans :sweat

Emery
August 11, 2007, 02:02 AM
Meh. I don't mind that it's ending. Gotta make room for the Hunter x Hunter return. :D

cnet128
August 11, 2007, 02:25 AM

Sorry to anyone who likes this series.Gah.

ryusuke_
August 12, 2007, 06:19 PM
Damn... I really liked Catoblepas. There are worse series to cancel before HnC...

Koen
August 13, 2007, 04:26 AM
Damn... I really liked Catoblepas. There are worse series to cancel before HnC...

I would just wait, because it's based on assumption. Last time the real ToCs came like 2 days before the raws (friday) came out. And now suddenly in the two week gaps a "real" ToC comes out in a week; maybe a week and half before the raws.

+ volley was dropped one week, one issue later as predicted. So What do I think? Yes HnC has a chance being dropped (because it lacks interest), BUT I think that saying it being dropped next issue is pure assumption. So let's wait

Maxy Barnard
August 13, 2007, 05:09 AM
well we're mainly working off of the usually reliable TOCs from the weekly jump LJ
but let's hope eh. cause as much as i want different series to appear, I loved HnC.

It is this year's Zan!

juUnior
August 15, 2007, 04:28 AM
Excatly... maybe people have differnt veiws on differnt mangas in SJ, but I think most people would agree that HnC has/had the potential : x

xi0
August 16, 2007, 06:02 PM
It is this year's Zan!

I wouldn't sell it that short. :s

Maxy Barnard
August 17, 2007, 03:47 PM
well technically its shorter in length, but i'm talking in the sense of a good series with potential being cut short due to lack of interest.

Koen
August 18, 2007, 05:33 AM

I Don't exactly how the voting is, but I think the clients/readers of the magazine can fill in a paper where they give the name of the serie that was the best in their opinion. They can also add some comments about a one shot

I don't know if it is also like that, but shouldn't they ask about the worst serie. Suppose no one thinks catoblepas being the best, but no one thinks of being it the worst. you see what I wanna say: if you ask something for good, you should ask something for bad - and indeed I think that there are worser serie that don't interest people

xi0
August 18, 2007, 09:52 PM
well technically its shorter in length, but i'm talking in the sense of a good series with potential being cut short due to lack of interest.

No you misunderstood. I meant that you're selling HnC short by saying it's this year's Zan. i'm of the opinion that Zan was pretty bad. Just my opinion though. The art was sort of unique, but ultimately bad, and there was pretty much no story/plot to speak of. It could just be that there wasn't a chance to develop one, but still, it had nothing going for it.

If the series is really ending like the rumors say, I would say that HnC had much more potential and was cut short.

The thing that hurt the series the most was the cliche Brother vs. Brother development. It may have been able to shell out some originality, but if it's canceled we won't ever really know will we?

I say the best new series running right now is Belmonde. I will be upset if that gets cancelled for lack of popularity. I don't want it to turn into another Mieru Hito, which is the only recent jump series that I truly regret being canceled.

imintheradio
August 19, 2007, 04:27 AM
thanks

Maxy Barnard
August 19, 2007, 04:58 AM
ah, i forgot the camp was divided on the zan front ^_^;

anyway, my personal beloved new series is sket dance right now, but i get how it wouldnt be as impacting as a story strong series like belmonde failing.

and judging by the latest raw, ot end in the next chapter would be ridiculous

yoniekai
August 19, 2007, 07:39 AM
the best new series is BWYG!! i saw on ritual that it's still ongoing despite the halted transes. personally genres like HnC take a while to develop a good plot, since it pretty much relies on the stereotypical shonen-hero flow. most likely the editors need something new, like belmonde and sket and yusha etc

seleniel
August 19, 2007, 09:51 AM
Vu que D.Gray-man sera absent du Jump #40 au #44, il semblerait que Hitomi aura une petite rallonge, et donc la série devrait prendre fin vers le Jump 44 ou 45.

No D-Gray from Jump 40 to Jump 44, so HnC got a respite until Jump 44 otr 45...

Koen
August 19, 2007, 09:53 AM
No D-Gray from Jump 40 to Jump 44, so HnC got a respite until Jump 44 otr 45...

Yes that's affirmed (si c'est toi heiji-sama?)- so let's hope it will gain popularity

Flip+1
August 19, 2007, 10:20 AM
A great news at least author can do a ending if the succes continue to don't be present.
If the succes is here , maybe possiblity to continue .

Thats 'all good.

GGpX
August 19, 2007, 11:19 AM
Poor Digital_Eon. She's gonna cry when she hears that there isn't going to be DGM for a month.

Koen
August 19, 2007, 04:01 PM
Poor Digital_Eon. She's gonna cry when she hears that there isn't going to be DGM for a month.

Yes I made a topic about it on d.g-m -> I think lots of people will die :D

For me it's better to be absent for a while: after tiky's rebirth I was a bit annoyed

Back on topic: what do you guys think of that new villain? Is it a real form of the previous one?

cnet128
August 20, 2007, 07:48 AM
Yes I made a topic about it on d.g-m -> I think lots of people will die :D
And I'm one of them T_T

I mean, HnC getting a respite is great news... but at the cost of D.Gray-man? T_T

Ah, well, I suppose it's a good thing in the long run...

No D.Gray-man for a month... just when it was getting so good...

ARGH T_T

Cupcake
September 01, 2007, 10:27 PM
well its finished... I'm sort of sad... I mean I liked it... but now its gone. Oh well thats jump for you.

yoniekai
September 01, 2007, 11:39 PM
lol so the way chapter 15 looks, it is the end for hitomi :D

GGpX
September 02, 2007, 12:21 AM
Yup.

I wonder what is taking it's place.

Nami
September 02, 2007, 12:54 AM
I thought HnC will continue for another month till DGM is back? But its strange why an interesting series is cut-short so suddenly. :(

GGpX
September 02, 2007, 01:10 AM
Probably because it isn't all that interesting.

To me, the the manga looks lazily done. A lot of the pages have mediocre effort put into them. The details could be a lot better, but they're unfortunately not.

Actually, I think SJ isn't going to start anything for a couple of weeks. They have ClayMOAR ES 03 this week, Rosio the Vampire (Or whatever the name is) the week after. After that, though, I don't know.

xi0
September 02, 2007, 02:55 AM
The manga had an interesting base concept, but it ended up looking very sloppy art-wise and the plot was full of cliche already. It was doomed from the whole Brother thing.

barbapapa
September 02, 2007, 04:46 AM
I really hope people are gonna start to learn not to "jump" on a series until it's proven that it can last.

Koen
September 02, 2007, 06:18 AM
I really hope people are gonna start to learn not to "jump" on a series until it's proven that it can last.

What's wrong about liking it in the beginning? Though I agree. I expected more of this. The one shot was so great but it really dissapointed me, and indeed people should learn to wait instead of saying after one chapter: "wooww, this is so great. Awesome. This will be a real hit" (-> I think everybody makes that mistake).

But I quietly hope a shounen of the mieru hito mangaka -> damned his art was so great

cnet128
September 02, 2007, 07:01 AM
I still say this series had a ton of potential and it was a crime to cut it so short T_T

ChakraDK
September 02, 2007, 08:23 AM
OMG why did it have to be canceled?

I liked it :D bahh too bad..

yoniekai
September 02, 2007, 08:53 AM
too much cliche i tell you. soon people are gonna get sick of shonen fighters, best let to leave the series that did it, like hxh and naruto and bleach. we need more freshness!

The_Fall
September 02, 2007, 10:11 AM
Even though it had borrowed some elements, it still had potential. I think it was too early to judge the series. Oh well.

Maxy Barnard
September 03, 2007, 01:30 PM
worst final chapter ever. a simple fact for you. it needed another 3 chapters for a decent ending.

although apparently the second volume will have 42 extra pages or somethign according to the scanlation

xi0
September 03, 2007, 08:37 PM
Well...since really the last newer series to have anything scanned tank-wise was P2! (Only one volume at that). I'd doubt that we'd ever see it.

Maxy Barnard
September 04, 2007, 06:00 PM
well we can hope that one of the people who got into it buys or imports it, but thats always a logn shot

ssjohn
September 09, 2007, 03:44 PM
worst final chapter ever. a simple fact for you. it needed another 3 chapters for a decent ending.

although apparently the second volume will have 42 extra pages or somethign according to the scanlation

You could tell it wasnt drawn / wrote as a finale but as a normal chapter ;-/ i am glad there is a few extra chapters or w/e coming in the volume i just hope someone will scan it but who knows ;-/

octopusman
December 14, 2007, 11:26 PM
It really bugs the crap out of me that no one scanlated the 45 page conclusion to Hitomi no Catoblepas.

Is anyone gonna pick up the conclusion?

Merged here.

hatsuharupeace
December 15, 2007, 12:05 AM
Do you have the raw for it?? If you do, make a thread in the 'Translation Request' Forum, requesting for someone to translate it, and then make a thread in the 'Scanlation Request' Forum requesting for someone to scanlate it for you. Hope that helps!