PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Any manga that you realistically fear you won't see the end of?

lapchern
May 31, 2007, 02:58 AM
It's been bugging me lately that some of these series take so long to finish. The top 3 in my mind are berserk, hunter x hunter, and claymore. none of these series have any end in sigh and they've been going on forever...

just curious to see if anyone has the same feelings regarding these titles or any other.

barbapapa
May 31, 2007, 04:29 AM
Claymore hasn't been going on all that long. Since 2001.

Of course I also fear there won't be an ending to Hunter x Hunter. But that's it really.

9tailfox
May 31, 2007, 08:04 AM
Hajime no Ippo....it's been 17 years already...

Vato Loco!
May 31, 2007, 08:43 AM
Meitantei Conan. There has been some progression towards the end, but still it seems far from over.

And OP. It seems like there's still about 4-500 more chapters left before it ends.

Still, I'm young and my youth still burns strong so I'll see them both through. :D

a2d
May 31, 2007, 10:26 AM
One Piece and Berserk. Berserk because of his slow-pacing history, OP because is OP.

ssjohn
May 31, 2007, 04:47 PM
The biggest on my list is Hunter X Hunter i think HxH will rap up and One piece mangaka has said he has the ending planed so i am not worried about that..

Berserk i am not uptodate on so i can't say i am worried about that or Hajime no ippo ... so many chapters so little time.

ibra87
May 31, 2007, 05:14 PM
Naruto is starting to end now, and I'm sure it's one of those manga that won't be dropped by WSJ (unless someone the fans love like Sasuke dies :amuse).
One piece will end sometime in the future (years from now?).

So it's Berserk and HxH. We all know HxH seems to be having a dull future ahead of it, and that Berserk progresses at a slow pace (can't be helped, really).

ssjohn
May 31, 2007, 05:41 PM
You know i was thinking about it and What about Kochi Kame? dose anyone think this will end? my guess is v200 or if the mangaka dies :( (i hope he dosnt but after reading about Doremon *sp?* and that it's mangaka died before they could end it ;( ))

Maxy Barnard
June 03, 2007, 12:48 PM
kochikame. the mangaka will outlive new born babies :P

DudeusMaximus
June 03, 2007, 04:27 PM
Hmm, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Bleach... It seems like it's been dragging forever. We've been waiting for the winter war for like, what, almost 2 years now? And it's still freaking Autumn...

Maxy Barnard
June 03, 2007, 05:57 PM
yes, but by no means does that mean it wont end in the next 3-5 years

barbapapa
June 03, 2007, 11:52 PM
It's kind of hard to estimate a plausible end to Bleach.
I can't really place how the Hueco Mundo arc has any significance to the story as of yet. I can guess, but still; a lot of stuff can still happen.
Whereas Naruto on the other hand, really seems to be coming to an end in the next 2 years.

Maxy Barnard
June 08, 2007, 09:49 AM
naruto keeps shootin off in random directions, so i think it might start losing that critical momentum thats kept it top of the league to continue if it doesnt end in two to three years

yoniekai
June 08, 2007, 12:06 PM
berserk, coz the mangaka is immortal he decides to tease us with slow releases over the years

OP definitely. 10 years to get halfway. another 10 for the end. scanlations will be 3D by then :ossu

hmm... is HxH going to be back? its such a waste of a perfectly good series... and jin only showed his face in one chapter

barbapapa
June 08, 2007, 12:50 PM
naruto keeps shootin off in random directions, so i think it might start losing that critical momentum thats kept it top of the league to continue if it doesnt end in two to three years

Well, it's easy to say something is going "random", when you can't see the bigger picture. Same thing with Bleach, I hate the Hueco Mundo arc so far. But I'm sure once it's over and all the pieces fall in place, I'll end up liking it.

Maxy Barnard
June 08, 2007, 02:22 PM
............... damn you barba. you think too well.

okay, add a new one to my list. Beet the vandel buster. Koji Inada's off sick since october, and its still a mile off completion. its tragic, as its one of my favourites

ran0001
June 09, 2007, 01:42 AM
I don't actually mind if a lot of the mangas go on for a while.And concerning HxH the only fear that I have of it not ending is if the mangaka discontinued it. Its been on hiatus for a long time now and the mangaka's fame is not an excuse for this long a vacation.

Sai_the_Shaman
June 09, 2007, 07:21 PM
Guyver...thats definitely one I don't think I'll see the end of....It's been going on since 1985 (before I was even born) and still hasn't ended

yoniekai
June 10, 2007, 03:08 AM
oh yeah. doraemon. hands down

barbapapa
June 10, 2007, 12:58 PM
What does that have to do with the topic?

yoniekai
June 11, 2007, 02:06 AM
doraemon's been going since 1969, and i dont see how it can end, everything goes back to normal after every episode
[hr]
what i mean is that it can end at any episode, and no special ending episode whatsoever. id like to see a real ending for it, like doraemon goes back blahblah but that's really not in the nature of the manga

Dragonzair
June 11, 2007, 04:32 AM
Berserk definitely. It's just sooooo slooooooow.

But also Zombie Powder :< I don't think Kubo will ever return to it.... T_T

Maxy Barnard
June 11, 2007, 09:51 AM
well that sadly means we saw the end of it. it wasnt a to be continued ^_^'

brydki21
June 14, 2007, 02:39 PM
Berserk - slow releases
Bastard - really slow releases
Detective Conan - it can go on in infinity
Hajime no Ippo - 80 vol and Ippo still fighting only with boxers on Asia level(when he will be fighting with people on world level ?)

:Kasumi:
June 15, 2007, 09:43 AM
I guess X by CLAMP would also fit in, it's *this* close to ending and it's been on hiatus since 2003. That and Peacemaker Kurogane by Nanae Kurono, it's on hiatus as well and she's started two series since that.

Gret
June 17, 2007, 09:33 PM
Its got to be HxH, i mean how long has it been since the last chapter? Good manga, but poor-sick mangaka....
Other than that.. OP... don't know how old will i be when it ends....

Maxy Barnard
June 19, 2007, 03:42 AM
poor sick mangaka? considering his status in the manga world as something of both brilliance and notoriety, he could easily just be taking a massive break out of contempt for the 'mangaka rules' of short breaks and consistent full size chapters. check out togashi-ism to figure out what the hell im on about

mewtant_x
July 06, 2007, 07:34 AM
Not really a fan of Shounen manga, but likes Bleach a lot. Very unwilling to see it ends, hope it will go on like for 10 years.

Azurel
July 15, 2007, 01:21 AM
well, I wouldn't say that I fear it won't end but it's just that there's many more years to come before it ends.. Hajime No Ippo and One Piece.

Maxy Barnard
July 15, 2007, 04:19 AM
I've decided that P2 could be a series that noone will see the end of. it survived AGES as a complete bottom feeder in jump, and now it's achieved midrange success....... well what can ya do? it's good and it'll keep fighting off death....... forever

garpjr1188
July 17, 2007, 10:27 AM
Berserk definitely. It's just sooooo slooooooow.

But also Zombie Powder :< I don't think Kubo will ever return to it.... T_T

my vote is on this one too(BERSERK)..started since the 80's, and up to now, just a mere 287 chapters...

GGpX
July 17, 2007, 05:08 PM
Golgo 13.

moeman
July 19, 2007, 01:31 AM
OP and Berzerk are my two. Op at least it is entertaining and comes every week. Berzerk, I think the mangaka will die before he finishes it. Come on now 20 years?????

Velvet_Rain_Dropz
July 19, 2007, 08:41 AM
Hunter x Hunter and some of Clamp works..

ryusuke_
July 19, 2007, 05:18 PM
Probably Detective Conan and One Piece.
But I think I'll be downloading One Piece (at least the manga) until the end, even if I'm 30 years right then.

Koen
July 24, 2007, 04:13 PM
For me it's certainly one piece. Oda has so many elements that he can go on for another 50-100 volumes :D

Luckily the guy is older than me either he finishes the story before I pass away, or before he does :D

a_nevels666
July 26, 2007, 02:15 PM
Probably Detective Conan and One Piece.
But I think I'll be downloading One Piece (at least the manga) until the end, even if I'm 30 years right then.

But those are pretty much 'endless' manga anyway. They don't really have a strong running plot that need resolution IMO.

barbapapa
July 26, 2007, 11:32 PM
One Piece not needing resolution? You're crazy.
Even Conan does, from what I heard; but maybe not as much as OP.

Maxy Barnard
July 30, 2007, 05:07 AM
yeah, conan and one piece do ahve certain things that need to be achieved for it to truly be finished. although conan really only has 'the obvious big one'. one piece has far too many important plot strands to follow up on

kyoko-b
August 02, 2007, 11:41 AM
For me it's hunter x hunter , I loved this manga ! :(

kljs
August 06, 2007, 05:30 AM
Detective Conan. I fear it will never end at this rate.
Oda already said that One Piece is at the half-way point, but how long for the other half of One Piece? he can just draw and draw and draw......

tokuroka
August 09, 2007, 03:56 PM
One Piece IMO. Because I have reread it a couple of times, and it seems endless. After Luffy beats the World Government, that just made me think - "Oh this must be the end." If we toppled our governments of today, wouldnt that create something near armageddon? But.. the story goes on.

Aterin™
August 10, 2007, 02:10 PM
InuYasha would be the one we'll probably never see the end of.

tyleroc
August 11, 2007, 04:57 PM
hunter x hunter definitely, and berserk. i can see one piece ending

Magical Poof
August 13, 2007, 04:18 PM
There's been rumors that HxH will be starting again this October! As happy as I would be, I'm not getting my hopes up too much, considering the false alarm in April... But I would stil lbe devestated if HxH went unfinished.

I forgot Beet the Vandel Buster was on hiatus... I'd like to see more of that... But then again, I've only read 4 chapters and seen one episode... Blah.

Another one is kinda Shaman King. While it probably doesn't count since it has the infamous "princess Hao" ending... Ergh. We all know that wasn't how it was supposed to end. But then again, there's also been an announcement that the mangaka is gonna release another volume in 2008...

Of all the ones still running... I feel like Prince of Tennis is never going to stop. I mean, Ryoma has been a freshman in middle school for 300 chapters, now. 300 FREAKING CHAPTERS. (Although, since a bunch of the characters are seniors, I wonder who'll replaced them if the characters ever actually did get any older...) But perhaps Prince of Tennis will just end after whatever ridiculously long tournament they're in ends.

Xiphias
October 22, 2007, 07:48 PM
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsu-jo

Classic. Over 150 volumes.

haya5h1
October 22, 2007, 11:41 PM
Bleach. Because I fear Kubo is losing it again, and we'll end up with another Zombie Powder situation on our hands.

Ahzzy
October 25, 2007, 01:17 PM
I don't fear that bleach wont read its end realy. it will still probably take 100 more chapters or so, but it should end. They will rescue orihime, train a bit and get better, stuff will happen in between, and they'll kill aisen and the vast lords or something.

Naruto... hmm, yes, it should end in around 100 ish chapters or so too.

Berserk, I seriously hope the mangaka is able to finish this series. only 18 pages per two weeks, and there is still alot of stuff left to happen. And considering that it's progress in the story is rather slow, it will probably take atleast 10 more volumes to finish. hard to say.

HxH I definately am not fearing we wont see the end of. the mangaka is back to his work, and I can't see anything else left for the author to do except to defeat the king or something, and find jin after that. should still take a while.

Az3r
October 29, 2007, 08:49 PM
Detective Conan. It goes more than 600 chapters or 59 volumes now (recently as far as I know). But that's alright, as Det. Conan is one of my favorite series, but the feeling of time lag is invoidable.

renrutal
October 29, 2007, 10:39 PM
If I don't die soon, I'll definatelly see the end of One Piece. Just one more decade of releases :)

Naruto is going to end soon (soon as in less than two years). A pity, good shonen series, better if you don't consider the anime.

Bleach probably even less, Kubo doesn't have a clue how to keep the story interesting w/o resorting to DBZ-like characters.

HxH, the author should end it before his health gives up on him. I'd say the Chimera Ants is his last saga, and it might not even have a satisfying end.

Hajime no Ippo I have no idea. I know it has got to have an end, but Ippo is not even world level yet... I imagine him becoming a champion and quitting because of Parkinson. It can still go on for decades.

Berserk, you've got to be kidding, Kentaro Miura shall become an immortal himself if he wants to end this before the next millennium.

Crow-Kun
October 31, 2007, 12:40 PM
Naruto cause it seems like they are pro-longing it and Bleach because NELL ISN'T SEXY NO MORE T.T and Air Gear because it seems like its just getting started XD..... and this one is a err which Is Kingdom Hearts why won't it just end T.T

radical3113
November 03, 2007, 05:15 PM
blade of the immortal i hope to see the end off its just too good a manga. i never appreciated manga as much as i appreciate blade of the immortal.i agree that kubo is running out of ideas for bleachbut i dont want it to end so soon i think there are other possibilities for it.

the manga i fear i wont see the end of the most is "addicted to curry" amazingly funny definitely top notch for comedy

Renegade334
January 22, 2008, 09:31 AM
Just for the record...Detective Conan's mangaka, Gosho Aoyama (who recently divorced his wife, who also happens to be Conan's voice actress for the anime...and the female singer of the Two-Mix duo), announced a couple months ago that he already had the ending for DC mapped out but that it won't be implemented anytime soon.

The series' plot has made several big leaps lately, although we're coming back to the 'crime-of-the-week' routine...there are several key clues that are still missing before the main mystery (who's the Black Org's boss) can be solved and Conan's predicament fixed. Knowing that Aoyama likes sprinkling clues and small interesting details throughout seemingly unrelated cases (such as the Eisuke case), I'm not sure all the non-BO-pertinent mysteries can be dismissed or ignored as they might contribute, piece by piece, to the overall feel and history.

I guess we're in for one or two hundred more chapters before Gosho finally decides to initiate the final arc.

And, yeah, Berserk is probably one series I'd be worried about, since Miura stated, IIRC, that Berserk had only reached the one-third or half-way point and it still had a long road ahead of it.

Schwindelmagier
January 22, 2008, 02:52 PM
I wonder if there will be an ending for One Piece or Meitantei Conan one day?
But I also have to say that I really like those two manga so... I don't mind if the ending is still far away. :grin

Btw, does the Inuyasha manga already ended or is it still going on, with the same opponent as always?

fxu
January 22, 2008, 05:33 PM
Hunter x Hunter

The mangaka will call off HxH forever if it keeps having problems with the publisher and shit.

kazuma_uzumaki
January 28, 2008, 12:12 AM
Bleach. it's been 7 years but it's got only like 3 main sagas. Most manga made around that time has gone pretty far while Bleach has only gone though 3 different stories, still on the 3rd,

intro, soul society, hueco mundo

It's interesting but Tite spends too much time on battles, and not enough on plot and story
[hr]
also you never did see the end of zombie powder....damn you kubo..

DemonDays
January 30, 2008, 01:38 PM
Gantz...is there ever going to be an end or are new characters going to be introduced all the time to replace ones who've been killed?

I always say I'll never loose interest in manga, but I don't think I'll be able to keep up with One Piece. Once Naruto's finished, i think that's it for me....

PlayerKill
February 17, 2008, 05:05 AM
1. Conan. I want it to end already...
2. One Piece, but I still hope it doesn't end soon.
3. HxH... It's back in hiatus again!!!

Also, I wouldn't say Shaman King has ended. I always feel sad thinking about how it was forced to end...

To those people who think Naruto wouldn't end soon... I think otherwise. We've seen so many major developments recently, e.g. Sasuke fighting Itachi. I see an ending not too far away...

The Boff
February 24, 2008, 11:35 AM
Realistic fear of not seeing the end...
hmmmmm....

Berserk, its been goin on for almost 20 years and i doubt its even halway through yet. Miura is now 41 years old and if hes goin to keep this pace then hell probably be 65 when he finishes. soo im a wee bit terrified that Berserk wont have the end it deserves.

Hajime No Ippo. its over 800 chapters already and it surely wont end before Ippo gets the world title. and i love Ippo but he aint got a chance in hell of getting that in a few hondred chapters. in all honesty im guessing we're just a little bit over the halfway mark in that manga and its been going on forever. since 1990. so if i where to guess then lets say 600 chapters left. and in its current speed its 44 chapters a year, 600/44=13.lotsanumbers so possibly 13 more years.... duuude....

and i see a lot of posts with fear of OP not being finished, honestly i cant see that at all.
Oda is such a great storyteller tat it amazes me every week, and thats the thing EVERY week.
since he's keeping up the pace so well with weekly releases i dont really fear OP going out without a bang. im quite sure it will be finished in due time.

yoniekai
February 24, 2008, 11:58 AM
absolutely OP keeps getting better every chapter so no way are its going to get canceled. i just hope the best for oda's health. speaking of health, what im scared of ending is berserk! this series is so slow, and the author cant live forever, there's so many facets to the breathtaking story that if this slow pace keeps up it'll be too late :crying

kazuma_uzumaki
March 02, 2008, 02:09 AM
Also, I wouldn't say Shaman King has ended. I always feel sad thinking about how it was forced to end...

it was?

hatsuharupeace
March 02, 2008, 02:39 AM
I seriously don't see X/1999 by CLAMP finishing anytime soon, still on hiatus, and they also had to leave us with a mega-huge cliffhanger.

Bugzee
January 06, 2011, 04:03 AM
Out of the big three…

Naruto has a goal (becoming Hokage), Luffy has a goal (PK x One Piece)…what does Ichigo have?

Please don't take this the wrong way people. I seriously think Kubo can take it anywhere. I wasn't expecting the war against Aizen to "end" in such a way and neither did I expect Ichigo to lose...

his shingami powers, etc

In a way it's like Kubo's starting with Ichigo from scratch again and thus he could expand/develop he's character even more so than ever before. I'm sure we'll witness another great battle of some kind in Bleach...but will we ever see the curtain call? It's hard to predict now...

I honestly thought once Aizen was defeated it would be a done deal! ^^

mattiaildivino
January 06, 2011, 08:12 AM
I fear Naruto and One Piece won't end,maybe because their authors will die ecc. I was very unhappy to can't see the end of Shamo,and I hope that noone of my favourite mangas will do this "end".Anyway I think that every work must be end!

Roflkopt3r
January 06, 2011, 09:21 AM
I'm quite sure Naruto will end...

The two I fear not to see ending are Vagabond and Berserk. According to what I read in the Vagabond thread, it's on a break for at least a year and Inoue seemed anything but motivated to continue in a last statement.
Berserk has a super slow release pace, is going on for two decades already and it's definitly at least a long while away from a final arc or anything like that.

Newkerzy
January 06, 2011, 09:56 AM
The ones I see won't end, for like forever, would be OP and Detective Conan. When I was reading OP, I stopped during Water 7 arc because I knew that by then there wasn't going to be anything definitive in the long run for the series.

Detective seems like the author doesn't really care about the story and just keeps on creating new cases. But the only reason why I follow Detective Conan instead of OP. is that at least I get to learn a lot of cool stuff in each arc.

naruto-niichan
January 06, 2011, 04:06 PM
The ones I see won't end, for like forever, would be OP and Detective Conan. When I was reading OP, I stopped during Water 7 arc because I knew that by then there wasn't going to be anything definitive in the long run for the series.

Detective seems like the author doesn't really care about the story and just keeps on creating new cases. But the only reason why I follow Detective Conan instead of OP. is that at least I get to learn a lot of cool stuff in each arc.

I do think that One Piece will end, Oda said that he's halfway through, meaning that it will be finished in about 10 years. Not sure about Detective Conan because I don't read it but watched part of the anime. Still there it looked like the story is moving on, just with a very slow pace. Like ten or twenty cases without anything about the organisation, then moving the story forward.

I fear that I won't see the end of Berserk. I don't doubt that Miura will release a few chapter every year but that he will die before he's able to finish it. At least at the pace he's taking now, there's no way that he will be able to finish it before dying.
Another one would be Hunter x Hunter as it looks like Togashi is too lazy to finish the series. It's the same as Berserk, with the big difference that Miura still seems to care about his manga and that it's still as awsome as it was a few years back. Hunter x Hunter's quality seems to be going down and I wonder if Togashi even cares about it anymore.

Crude
January 06, 2011, 05:31 PM
I agree with you. I've actually held off reading Berserk in the hope that I can one day read it all at once, but that won't happen anytime soon. As for Hunter x Hunter, I just want to see the Chimera Arc end, so that we can finally see it animated. The problem with HxH is that there's still a lot of stuff that has to be resolved, but at this rate...

One Piece may be slow-paced, but I can still see it ending before those two series...

Asarii
January 06, 2011, 11:14 PM
Kochikame has gone on the triple the length of OP. I don't think it'll ever end, and it's perfectly fine with me. It's nice to have a nostalgic series to tie the old WSJ that adults have read with the current WSJ their children are reading.

The reason for its long run can be attributed to the fact that it's a slice-of-life comedy so as long as Akimoto Osamu can come up with a theme, his manga can go on forever.

shinsengumi
January 06, 2011, 11:45 PM
Trinity Blood (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/trinity_blood/) -> there has been only 1 release since i started reading it (a year or so) . im not even sure if it was a fresh release or a late scan . it will be a pity if it ends w/o completion

Kaiten
January 07, 2011, 02:39 AM
I'm kind of agreeing with Vagabond never ending. Or ending in 5 years when Inoue decides to get it over with. The sad thing is that there's only one arc left, if I'm not mistaken, he had been planning on ending it in 2011.

ZERO PHOENIX
January 07, 2011, 02:45 PM
Trinity Blood (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/trinity_blood/) -> there has been only 1 release since i started reading it (a year or so) . im not even sure if it was a fresh release or a late scan . it will be a pity if it ends w/o completion

I believe the artist died sometime ago. That would account for why there has been no continuation of Trinity Blood.

Naruto has just become a ridiculous waste. Waste of what you can go ahead and insert your own variable but it may as well be litter. This crap has gone on far longer than it needed to, character development has dropped off the map and the plot is dragging like the arms of a caveman. We all know Naruto is a cash cow but Kishimoto can at least pretend he gives a damn about the story.

Kaiten
January 07, 2011, 03:09 PM
The author of the original novels died. The manga is an adaption and is still ongoing.

Naruto will end next year or early in 2012. Kishi is padding it out a bit now but the war is obviously the final arc. Unless he pulls a Captain Tsubasa and makes decides that this is only the first story arc, we're very close to the end. Bleach could go on indefinitely, Kubo wisely did not make Aizen the final villain but that leaves him open to turn this into the next JoJo's.

ZERO PHOENIX
January 07, 2011, 03:28 PM
Bleach could go on indefinitely, Kubo wisely did not make Aizen the final villain but that leaves him open to turn this into the next JoJo's.

Doubt it. I'm reading JoJo and I have to say there isn't a single low-point in the entire series. Wish I could say the samething about Bleach. :notrust

mattiaildivino
January 07, 2011, 03:52 PM
@Roflkopt3r
What i meant was that I FEAR not that I THOUGHT,altough reluctantly,that they won't finished :p. I too think they will end,but I'm terrified thinking they won't be end.so "i FEAR" in this sense.

Kaiten
January 07, 2011, 04:26 PM
Doubt it. I'm reading JoJo and I have to say there isn't a single low-point in the entire series. Wish I could say the samething about Bleach. :notrust

I meant in terms of length, not quality. Bleach has it's good points but I would not compare it to JoJo's in terms of quality. Their are similarities, shonen manga with attractive characters with strange designs. It's also possible that Kubo goes the same route as Araki and doing a long series of semi-stand alone arcs that form a greater saga.

Speaking of JoJo's, it's another one that will never end. Same with Captain Tsubasa. There will always be spin offs, or so it seems.

M3J
January 08, 2011, 02:54 AM
I fear that Naruto, One Piece, Bloody Monday, and Detective Conan may not reach the end due to the death of its mangaka or lack of popularity (at least the last two). Same with Hapi Mari and few other mangas I read that I don't recall.

I NEED closure for Detective Conan. It's gone on for TOO long. :\ Such that I skipped tons of chapters.

Roflkopt3r
January 08, 2011, 03:00 AM
Actually there might be a reason for OP never finishing, just because it's so popular. Publishers certainly would try a lot to keep the author on writing more and more and more, even if it goes far beyond the original planned story/ending (given that an ending was planned already).

M3J
January 08, 2011, 03:04 AM
I hope they don't force Oda to keep writing and writing like they did with Toriyama. Dragon Ball was great, but as it dragged on after Frieza arc, it began to suck and be repetitive. I don't want OP to be like that, especially when GOku stole Gohan's spotlight after the Cell Saga.

I really hope editors don't make that mistake again, or that they even learned from the past mistake. OP never finishing might hurt its sales because people would get tired and Oda's quality writing wouldn't stay consistent.

Newkerzy
January 08, 2011, 06:48 AM
Uh huh..... that's why I immediately dropped OP during Water 7 arc. Because I knew by then, the story definitely wasn't going anywhere....

mattiaildivino
January 08, 2011, 09:46 AM
DRAGON BALL is the best,don't say IT sucks! however it's true that Oda is writing too long. ah,I want to say a thing:One Piece is popular,but naruto is better

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2011, 10:16 AM
Oda will definitly end it in some years.Don't underestimate him,he is a great author and he knows when to end OP.That's why i also think that he will never allow his editors to talk him into stretching the series.
As for Naruto,it will end soon enough and @M3J,Kishimoto and Oda are still very young,they won't die before the before finishing their manga,which i can't say for Berserk.Conan and Kochimame feel like a neverending story,even though Conan actually has a plot.

Kubo said that Bleach will go on for about 10 more years.I know that he actually wanted to end it after the SS arc,but then it was so popular that he wrote an additional arc which lasted even longer.Now i hope that after those ten years he won't decide to keep it running for even longer.

Roflkopt3r
January 08, 2011, 10:36 AM
Oh, so that's behind the sudden drop in story quality after Soul Society arc :blink

Naruto feels like it's drawing closer to a final anyways, there isn't so much left what can happen storywise imo, it feels like the storylines are closing now.

Crude
January 08, 2011, 10:37 AM
I think that Bleach ending in 10 years was a joke. At least I hope it was...

R4n
January 08, 2011, 10:53 AM
I hope they don't force Oda to keep writing and writing like they did with Toriyama. Dragon Ball was great, but as it dragged on after Frieza arc, it began to suck and be repetitive. I don't want OP to be like that, especially when GOku stole Gohan's spotlight after the Cell Saga.

I think it depends on the readers. I LOVE dragonball, and i actually enjoy the Cell and Buu saga much more than the sagas before. I don't think it suck. :D
I get what you mean by 'being repetitive' though... Well, i guess reading everything all at once really makes a difference.

-----
The manga i really feared of never seeing the ending is... Berserk and Gantz. Both of them are still far from the ending, storyline-wise. I wish the authors a long, healthy, prosperous and productive life.

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2011, 02:09 PM
I think that Bleach ending in 10 years was a joke. At least I hope it was...
You never know with Kubo.You read the manga,so you know what i mean.:oh

The manga i really feared of never seeing the ending is... Berserk and Gantz. Both of them are still far from the ending, storyline-wise. I wish the authors a long, healthy, prosperous and productive life.

Gantz is already in its final phase.There were two phases and this phasethe one with the alien invasion is the last one.That's what the manga-ka said.
(I even remember someone saying that he said he will finish it in 2012 because he thinks the world will end then:lmao)

M3J
January 08, 2011, 06:41 PM
DRAGON BALL is the best,don't say IT sucks! however it's true that Oda is writing too long. ah,I want to say a thing:One Piece is popular,but naruto is better
Dragon Ball Part I was one of the best. Dragon Ball Part II was great, but the quality went down after Frieza arc. It dragged on too long and characters got stronger and stronger and stronger, except for Gohan. He got stronger than his dad, then weak, then strong, and despite being stronger than Goku, Goku was still the hero when it should have been Gohan. It should have been like Naruto, where the younger generation takes over the role of the older, not the older generation comes back and saves everyone for the umpteenth time.

Part I Naruto was better IMO though, than the entire OP. OP's great and keeps up the quality throughout the arcs... usually.

Oda will definitly end it in some years.Don't underestimate him,he is a great author and he knows when to end OP.That's why i also think that he will never allow his editors to talk him into stretching the series.
As for Naruto,it will end soon enough and @M3J,Kishimoto and Oda are still very young,they won't die before the before finishing their manga,which i can't say for Berserk.Conan and Kochimame feel like a neverending story,even though Conan actually has a plot.

Kishimoto and Oda aren't immortal though. They are still likely to die, whether by car accident, illness, or whatnot. :s That's a scary thought, especially when there won't be closure to two great manga. Team Medical Dragon had its mangaka die early and couldn't be completed, and it' s a pretty great story.

Conan still has a plot? Wut?

I think it depends on the readers. I LOVE dragonball, and i actually enjoy the Cell and Buu saga much more than the sagas before. I don't think it suck. :D
I get what you mean by 'being repetitive' though... Well, i guess reading everything all at once really makes a difference.

-----

It does depend on the readers, as I found everything after Cell Saga to be horrible, with the exception of Gohan's true power being founded, and Gohan's fight with Cell was kinda boring.

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2011, 06:56 PM
Dragon Ball Part I was one of the best. Dragon Ball Part II was great, but the quality went down after Frieza arc. It dragged on too long and characters got stronger and stronger and stronger, except for Gohan. He got stronger than his dad, then weak, then strong, and despite being stronger than Goku, Goku was still the hero when it should have been Gohan. It should have been like Naruto, where the younger generation takes over the role of the older, not the older generation comes back and saves everyone for the umpteenth time.
I bet you hate hearing that because of the big what-if,but actually Akira Toriyama intended to make Gohan the new main character and make Goku take a step back,but the editorial department or rather his editor was against it.After hearing everything he did,i kind of hate him.

Kishimoto and Oda aren't immortal though. They are still likely to die, whether by car accident, illness, or whatnot. :s That's a scary thought, especially when there won't be closure to two great manga. Team Medical Dragon had its mangaka die early and couldn't be completed, and it' s a pretty great story.

Conan still has a plot? Wut?
You can say that for every other manga-ka then though.But you are right,i always fear stuff like that.Especially when i hear that Kishimoto wants to fly to Hawai in his holidays.:p

Wasn't there this black organisation?I don't know if it is still ongoing,but it is some kind of a plot.

M3J
January 08, 2011, 08:49 PM
Nothing is pretty much going on in that direction. It's just mostly someone dying, Conan doing investigating and solving, and rinse and repeat with some occasion Black Organization mention. It's scary how that keeps going on with no end in sight. :\

Newkerzy
January 09, 2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah, but the reason why it's enjoyable to me, I gain lots of knowledge ranging from science to arts. So that's why I still keep up with it, because I like learning new stuff.

raikou
January 09, 2011, 12:21 AM
@M3J Actually Team Medical Dragon is still ongoing and it's on vol 24 now. Yeah i know the writer has died, but for some reason, it's still being published. Maybe the writer has written the complete storyboard before he died and he leaves it to the artist

saladesu
January 13, 2011, 06:40 AM
X/1999 by CLAMP.

It was put on hiatus because of its graphic nature and it's use of earthquakes to herald the end of the world (at that time, Japan was experiencing a lot of earthquakes so public fear was high). It's been on hiatus for about 7 years now, iirc, and every few years they say "we will complete it!" but well, it's been 7 years and nada. They've moved on to bigger and better things I suppose, definitely more people know of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and XXXHolic than X/1999, which is really sad. I really, really liked X/1999 and to be stuck with a cliffhanger was even worse. The story was wrapping up, but I fear we will never be able to see the end.

At least there was an anime, and an anime-original ending :/ Not to mention anime movie.

Also, while I have not read them myself, I know CLAMP has a few other series also on hiatus like X, such as Legal Drug.

R4n
January 13, 2011, 09:19 AM
^ Ah, you forgot to mention Clover by CLAMP.
The publication stopped because the publisher went bankrupt, i heard.
I already give up on Yami no Matsuei, my all time favourite manga. There is no reliable news on why it is discontinued, it had been put on hiatus for 8 years+ already... TT___TT