PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Bleach 278 Discussion

sahugani
June 01, 2007, 06:48 PM
The latest chapter of Bleach has been posted HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13432), so go and pick it up.

Now try to guess what happens next.

Dark Noxus
June 01, 2007, 06:50 PM
Grimjow and Ichigo will fight together against Ulquoirra. (I hope^^)

kangster113
June 01, 2007, 07:05 PM
i agree with dark noxus, but ulquoirra will crush grimjow

manufn619
June 01, 2007, 07:35 PM
noxus that what i thing i was thinking
but what if its grimmjow released +ichigo vizard+ a little help from inoue

Lord_Fuzzy
June 01, 2007, 08:23 PM
And from left field, Ichigo gets fired up battles both grim and ulr inoue sees a chance to defeat them so to prove her worth to herself she constaly heals ichigo while he fights the 2 espada

but more likely the next chapter will be another 2 on 1 the question is will grim pair with ichigo or ulr or theres the wild card what is nell really grimm isnt one to just let ppl live let alone give them a warning to knock it off unless thats a sign that if he loses he wants to go with them hence killing them wouldnt be in his best interest (last one) or he knows ulr is coming and relizes that his fight will get interupted since he will kill them all given half a chance the more the merrier

Ben
June 02, 2007, 12:51 AM
I predict that the next chapter will start off with a fight between Grimmjow and Ulquiorra. Ulq is gonna own GJ big time, then Ichigo's gonna interfere. GJ will unwillingly team up with Ichigo against Ulq and that's about it...

Urazz
June 02, 2007, 05:09 AM
Why doesn't anyone include Orihime in any of the teamup predictions really. Well if she does take part it would be really mainly on Ichigo's side than Grimmjow's.

Personally, it wouldn't suprise me if Ichigo and Orihime use the Ulquiorra's and Grimmjow's fight to get away and try to rescue the others.

Pollux
June 02, 2007, 05:21 AM
It's true that Orihime would be a real asset for a Ichi+GJ Vs Ulquiorra fight. It would be normal for Ulquiorra to go after her if she can heal them but he must not hurt her since Aizen needs her.
Unfortunately, since Vaizard Ichigo can't even hurt unreleased Ulquiorra, I'm afraid that they won't be able to win against unreleased Ulquiorra, even if Grimmjow releases.
But I think we should not forget Nell as she is able to absorb attacks and reflects them at her enemies. On the other hand, she will probably be too scared to take part in the fight.
Anyway, I predict a battle with Ichigo+GJ+Inoue(+Nell perhaps) vs. Ulquiorra.

Personally, it wouldn't suprise me if Ichigo and Orihime use the Ulquiorra's and Grimmjow's fight to get away and try to rescue the others.
I really see that happening but I don't think Ichigo is completely healed so Ulquiorra would only have to hurt him a bit to make him unable to run away and Inoue would probably decide to stay here to heal him.

Nafycuk
June 02, 2007, 06:17 AM
Don't you guys give too much to Shiffer? He's cool and other stuff, but I guess it's too much.

Maybe Abarai and Ishida would ALSO come to help fighting Ulquiorra? ))))
Let's call the whole SS to kick Ulq, we like cool and overpowered characters )))

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 10:35 AM
I'm not saying it'll be Ichigo AND GJ against Ulq, just GJ. Ulq has no reason to beat Ichigo up again, but he does have a big reason to kill GJ, and GJ has a big reason to kill Ulq.

dreamzsai
June 02, 2007, 11:55 AM
Most probably it's Grimjaw vs Ulquiora from how Kubo has layed out the chapter....
Who did this? Grimjaw...Who did this? Ulquiora...
And the Black White Picture with Grimjaw and Ulquiora back facing each other....

yanniv
June 02, 2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah, more than likely a 1vs1 Espada style. Ichigo looked like he was still getting healed by Orihime by the end of the chapter. I doubt we will see him up for 278.

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 12:31 PM
Besides, it's not like if he fought again it would be any different than the fight he had with Ulq two seconds ago.

Waru
June 02, 2007, 01:54 PM
I think alot of people are downplaying GJ. I belive he is much stronger then we are let to belive I mean clearly you can tell he isnt scared of UQ...

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 01:56 PM
So, the look of fear in his eyes when Ulq appeared behind him this chapter was just an illusion?

Waru
June 02, 2007, 03:27 PM
you are using the staple surprised glare found in pretty much every manga to say he is scared? the same thing has been used in cases where the a character didnt notice villian snuck up behind them such as this case doesnt have anything to do with fear. By reading what GJ said throughout the chapter it set the tone that he isnt scared of UQ.

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 03:58 PM
Or he's trying to be a tough guy. But that can't be it. Grimmjow has shown us NO evidence that he wants to be considered a tough guy.

Dark Noxus
June 02, 2007, 04:37 PM
I think we will finally see Grimmjows releasing. And maybe Ulquiorra, too. That would be cool. :)

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 04:50 PM
If GJ releases, he'll probably be equal to regular Ulq. If Ulq releases, it's all over. And Ichigo still won't be any help.

rai-chu
June 02, 2007, 05:53 PM
My prediction is Ulquiorra will be pissed about GJ actions, the most of the posters above me I have to say that I agree with them that they will fight or probably some higher ranking espada will show up and stop the bickering between GJ and Ulquiorra.

But this just slipped in my mind. Why does Aizen doesn't show any concern about some espadas taking action w/out waiting in their respective areas?

Silhouette
June 02, 2007, 06:34 PM
I hope the fight between GJ and Ulquiorra doesn't get interrupted. We know that Aizen have his "all seeing eye" watching but hasn't intervened so far...whether he is interest in how the hero's will act or amused by the agony of the fallen ones he doesn't see Ichigo and co as a threat at all and most likely Aizen will appear only at the end of things to question this and punish that like he did with GJ and Szayel before.
Gin doesn't like direct confrontation and prefers manipulation based on how he acted in SS and when he changed Rukia's path, so chances are he won't show up.
Halibel, Stark, Old espada and the huge one with the spiky mohawk seem to be the only one following Aizen's oreders and staying still....Noitora is busy chasing someone somewhere.

We are left with Tousen. He always interferes when he believes that he needs to bring justice (he challenged Zaraki in SS, and stopped and handicapped GJ when he felt this way). Tousen is watching and based on his character, he will show up to try to stop the fight but this time he might attempt to kill GJ.

Anyway it goes, we're up for a twist and a helluva fight....I hope

Lohnt
June 02, 2007, 08:24 PM
TAG TEAM MATCH PLEASE

Ichigo + Grim vs Ulq = .... Kubo is awesome

ShinobiWrath
June 02, 2007, 08:42 PM
You guys are going about this all wrong, what makes you guys think Ichigo is gonna interfere in a fight between GJ and Uluquiorra? For one he can't stand GJ and Hello, Ulu just kicked his butt once, how many times do you have to get a hole in your chest to know it's time to call it quits.

I Predict Ichigo is going to take Orihime but she will be reluctant to leave GJ fighting alone since he did save her from getting thrashed by those two Arrancar, gillian class whores. I just don't see Ichigo participating whatsoever. I think Orihime and Ichigo will try to make a run for it then they get intercepted by Uluquiorra after making quick work of GJ. Just when he's about to kill Ichigo yet again, Renji and Ishida come to the rescue, Ulu decides they aren't worth killing and snatches orihime then disappears after Orihime tells Ichigo she doesn't want to come back (really just to keep them from coming after her). ichigo is bummed and they finally leave Hueco Mundo with a wounded Kuchiki and Sado. The vizards heal Them and that's basically all I got.

Silhouette
June 02, 2007, 09:22 PM
If GJ and Ulquiorra fight we might actually get to see GJ's release but maybe not Ulquiorra's.

Other than their ranks, the difference between the levels of the two espadas can be noticed from previous fights. When Shinji hit GJ with cero, GJ almost released afterwards while Ulquiorra was hit by the hugest black GT ever and didn't have release.

gigantor21
June 02, 2007, 09:49 PM
For this current confrontation, there are a few possible outcomes that I'd really want to see:

- The Primera Espada (please let it be Halibel) swoops in and stomps everyones asses, before Aizen walks in and somehow brings a conclusion to the arc. Something like letting everyone but Orihime go back in exchange for letting all of them live, or something. Ichigo and co. take their licks, learn their lesson, and leave.

- Nell FINALLY shows us what Dondochizzle was worried about, and proves she's more than a Hantarou clone, as DJudge so aptly put it almost a year ago. My guess is that it's some uncontrollable hybrid powers, potentially at Vastorode level, which shows that the hybrids' potential goes well beyond what a mask or the Hogyuku alone first gives them. It'd certainly offer a glimmer of hope for Karakura, anyway, since it would give Kubo a mode of attack for Ichigo's ridiculous growth as a base to make him stronger.

dreamzsai
June 02, 2007, 10:59 PM
....Noitora is busy chasing someone somewhere.

Now that u've mentioned...it makes me think someone else had came over to Hueco Mundo but isnt revealed to us....
Or does Noitora really needs so long to travel to the "nearest reiatsu"?

Silhouette
June 03, 2007, 04:27 AM
Now that u've mentioned...it makes me think someone else had came over to Hueco Mundo but isnt revealed to us....
Or does Noitora really needs so long to travel to the "nearest reiatsu"?

I've been predicting this new comer (I am hoping it's Shinji) to be revealed since Ichigo lost then I gave up on it being in the next chapter, Kudo-sensie will reveal him at the end I guess.
I am not sure for how long Noitora has been chasing that reiatsu but I guess in bleach time it's been like 10 minutes or so...don't really know!

Decorus
June 03, 2007, 05:21 AM
I think someone else is preventing Orihime from healing Ichigo. Furthermore Ichigo will interfere in the fight simply to prove he is stronger. Unless of course he gets trampled under his own horse then it will likely require Aizen's interference to stop him....

Impel Down
June 03, 2007, 08:39 AM
By trampled under his own horse, are you referring to the Inner Hollow? Man, if that was to go off now, that would be pretty awesome.

Jennifer
June 03, 2007, 09:40 AM
Personally, I don't want Ichigo to get involved in Grimmjow vs Ulquiorra. We can see that Grimmjow is at least somewhat alarmed over Ulquiorra being there, whether it's a lasting fear or just him being startled, but even so, Ichigo's dumb, but he's not THAT dumb. He'll stay out of it. He's not stupid.

I do believe Ulquiorra is stronger than Grimmjow. Numbers! Just because Grimmjow is bigger doesn't mean he's not weaker.

I just want Ulquiorra to retrieve Orihime, Grimmjow to get smashed, and the party to get back home. It's a lost cause for the team at this point.

Impel Down
June 03, 2007, 09:47 AM
Yeah, and even in Ichigo intervened, it's not like he could do anything. And if Grimmjow releases during this fight, then it's okay for his to get killed, or at least taken to Souske for punishment. However, in the end, the other Espada need to do...something to give Ichigo a feel for how serious they all are.

gigantor21
June 03, 2007, 10:41 AM
Jennifer - That makes perfect sense on all fronts. But I don't think Kishi has enough to go on to the next arc, which is why he's stretched things out this long. So even if you're scenario (which sounds like the best one) pans out, Kubo will probably drag it out for weeks and weeks--just like the Zaeruapollo fight.

Impel Down - Again, I totally agree. I think the Primera Espada in particular needs to make an appearance, preferably during the fighting itself. If they can get Ulquiorra to shake in his new boots, even Ichigo would have to accept how stupid this rescue effort was.

leoliox
June 03, 2007, 01:14 PM
I think Ulqui's primary objective is too bring back Inoue and then kick Ichigo.
I don't think he will fight if Inoue is still around.

Grimjow wants to fight.

Nell and Inoue are confused and paralysed

Ichigo is dumb as always, but he should find a way to rescue Inoue, it's now or never.

Impel Down
June 03, 2007, 03:22 PM
Well, it's pretty obvious that the rescue part of the arc should be about over. Originally, they were just supposed to plow through Espada and find Inoue, but now that Inoue is right in front of Ichigo, that part's done. But, unlike with SS, he can't make friends and escape safely, and no one is going to go and heal their fallen comerades. So, as I far as I can guess, the following will happen:

While all of HM is distracted with Grimmjow and Ulquiorra fighting, Ichigo can take Inoue and find Chad and Rukia and heal them, maybe kill Yammy along the way, as Ishida and Renji fight Zaera-Polo for no reason. Ulquiorra will probably kill Grimmjow or at least detain him, and as they reach the exit, Sosuke and Ulquiorra will show up, smack them around, and then either SS or the Vaizard will show up and save them, and Ichigo will cry.

ShinobiWrath
June 03, 2007, 07:21 PM
Ichigo maybe an idiot but even he knows there's just no possible way he can detain all the Primera Espada when he can't even handle #4 on his own. This arc is reaching its end and maybe not the end we all hoped for but definately ending and I can say this-----orihime isn't going back to Kurakura town.

Lohnt
June 03, 2007, 07:49 PM
We've seen Shinigami Ichigo turn Vizard, but we haven't seen Ichigo's Hollow go Arrancar...

Ichigo can pull upgrades out of his ass, I seriously think you guys are underestimating him, and the length of this arc that Kubo can stretch this out to.

AngelMayLaugh
June 03, 2007, 08:05 PM
Is it possible for the hollow in Ichigo to go Arrancar?

gigantor21
June 03, 2007, 08:18 PM
We've seen Shinigami Ichigo turn Vizard, but we haven't seen Ichigo's Hollow go Arrancar...

Ichigo can pull upgrades out of his ass, I seriously think you guys are underestimating him, and the length of this arc that Kubo can stretch this out to.

That's exactly what I don't want to see here, after all those ass-kickings Ichigo got during the last arc and this one. I won't accept a power-up that isn't awesome AND relatively plausible (though that second one is pretty subjective).

As to Ichigo becoming an Arrancar, I'm sure he'd have to become a full Hollow in real life before that could happen. But if it did, the fact that he gave the Vaizards trouble while transformed suggests to me that he'd be around Adjuuca level, at least, so he'd probably be a formidable Arrancar if hybridized by the Hougyoku. However, we don't know if the no-kill rule during the training kept them from going all out or not, so he might be much weaker than it looked. And we may never know for sure.

Yondaime-Uzumaki
June 03, 2007, 11:28 PM
Ichigo maybe an idiot but even he knows there's just no possible way he can detain all the Primera Espada when he can't even handle #4 on his own. This arc is reaching its end and maybe not the end we all hoped for but definately ending and I can say this-----orihime isn't going back to Kurakura town.

Agreed, Aizen wont let go Of Orihime after he's seen her potential and needs her powers. That'd be too easy for Ichigo to get all he wants ( just like in the rescue Rukia arc ), I Beleive kudo will do something different this time 'cause it cant be the exact copi of rukia's arc. Plus if orihime stay with Aizen, that would give ichigo more Reason to get stronger if he want to save orihime. Ulquiorra was Assigned to watch over orihie and he'll wathever it takes to fullfil his task. But i fear that orihime is slowly growing in him...

As for next chapter, probably a dramatic end for GJ

voidyou17
June 04, 2007, 02:27 AM
Is it possible for the hollow in Ichigo to go Arrancar?

In my opinion Ichigo's hollow just wants to fight and prove his worth... so i dont think he would join with either group... but now as i think about your question i dont really understand it since arrancars are hollows that obtain shinigami powers and Vizards(which Ichigo is) obtians hollow powers... unless you are talking about whether he would join the arrancars and id have to say no

Kubo stretches arcs out forever... chapters that can be done with in 4 or 5 pages last forever... but thats Kubos style:(

Fortisdiablos
June 04, 2007, 11:34 AM
That's exactly what I don't want to see here, after all those ass-kickings Ichigo got during the last arc and this one. I won't accept a power-up that isn't awesome AND relatively plausible (though that second one is pretty subjective).

As to Ichigo becoming an Arrancar, I'm sure he'd have to become a full Hollow in real life before that could happen. But if it did, the fact that he gave the Vaizards trouble while transformed suggests to me that he'd be around Adjuuca level, at least, so he'd probably be a formidable Arrancar if hybridized by the Hougyoku. However, we don't know if the no-kill rule during the training kept them from going all out or not, so he might be much weaker than it looked. And we may never know for sure.

The thing is, I don't know if what the Vaizards fought was what Ichigo would be as a hollow. I think that was just the mindless killing intent that a hollow has, but we've seen that Hollows are intelligent and can think. I figure his power as a hollow was downsized considerably since there was no strategy of any kind to his battle since the thought behind his hollow side was in Ichigo's inner world fighting Ichigo, not outside fighting the Vaizards. That's just what I think.

Impel Down
June 04, 2007, 01:13 PM
And when Ichigo rips off his mask while in crazy Hollow Mode, he never became an arrancar, did he? No, he just became a shinigami again. The same thing would probably happen there, but it wouldn't be the same as the training the Vaizard gave him because he didn't force him to his soul.

patrick_tambu
June 04, 2007, 01:14 PM
I'm in a hurry, so i couldn't read all the predictions here, so dunno if it had alredy written....

Mine is this: what if the other Ichigo (the one inside!!!!!) is going to coming out???? I'd bet he can handle the espada both without using ban-kai.....

Here's another one: Grimmjaw and Ichigo are going to beat Ulq down and escape with the others (Grimmjaw seems not to enjoing so much Hueco Mundo and their people). Then Grimmjaw is going to set up Ichigo's hollow power by training.

Impel Down
June 04, 2007, 01:43 PM
Well, Ichigo, as he is, would not help Grimmjow out much by helping him fight Ulquiorra. Grimmjow probably wouldn't want his help anyway. But, it seems that all Ichigo can really do now is go on an Inner Hollow rampage, but that's WAY too predictable.

big_p
June 04, 2007, 02:06 PM
The way i see it they have to team up if they intend to beat him and even that may not be enough. I base this on what Inoue said while healing Ichigo about the reiatsu in his wound. She didnt mention crap about that while healing the two concubines that Grimmjow blew apart. That says to me that Ulquiorra is almost undoubtedly the first or lowest level of Vast Lorde in the Espada. And if that's the case seeing as how Ichigo's current most powerful attack that we know of could not touch him unreleased and Grimmjow is obviously weaker due to him numbering, and what I mentioned about the healing thing, then they have to team up. Ichigo spazzing out and going full hollow would just be lame, hardly makes him a strong leading character if he has no control.

Impel Down
June 04, 2007, 03:14 PM
Well, Ulquiorra is two levels above Grimmjow, so yeah, he's a lot stronger than him. But Ichigo would just get in the way in a tag-team battle. His best attack can only frikkin burn Ulquiorra's jacket!

mars0103
June 04, 2007, 03:44 PM
There has to be a way to make ichigo stronger like the full use of both of his powers avatars in others words a duel ban kai me thinks

Impel Down
June 04, 2007, 04:10 PM
What do you mean a dual Bankai? Like combine shikai with bankai? Because that is just crazy. I don't see how that would increase his power any, as well as not being possible. Unless you also mean combining his hollow powers with Bankai, which is what he's already doing by wearing the mask.

notBowen
June 04, 2007, 04:15 PM
What do you mean a dual Bankai? Like combine shikai with bankai? Because that is just crazy. I don't see how that would increase his power any, as well as not being possible. Unless you also mean combining his hollow powers with Bankai, which is what he's already doing by wearing the mask. He means using Shirosaki's white Bankai and his own black Bankai at the same time. Completely lame if you ask me.

Impel Down
June 04, 2007, 04:19 PM
Well, Shirosaki's bankai is just Ichigo's bankai while wearing the mask, even if he can't use it for very long, which is why he sucks.

ShinobiWrath
June 04, 2007, 05:07 PM
It's just a matter of duration of his hollow mask. If Ichogo can train to maintain his hollow mask for more than 11 seconds and get more in sync with his shikai as well as his bankai (You know, get to understanding they're true potential) like most SS captains have then he may have a shot at beating the Espada single-handedly.

suzumebachi
June 04, 2007, 05:35 PM
Even if Ichigo can maintain his hollow state for long, he is still uncomparable with ulquiorra(actually i think there were more than one hits when he fights ulquiorra with hollow mask), but obviously he can handle Grim - remember his black bankai left a scar on grim's chest.

Still I don't see ichigo's inner hollow's coming out, coz it's just so lame to rely on that every time

6thangel
June 04, 2007, 06:23 PM
Even if Ichigo can maintain his hollow state for long, he is still uncomparable with ulquiorra(actually i think there were more than one hits when he fights ulquiorra with hollow mask), but obviously he can handle Grim - remember his black bankai left a scar on grim's chest.

Still I don't see ichigo's inner hollow's coming out, coz it's just so lame to rely on that every time

Ichigo was dominating Ulquiorra when he had his mask on. (Ulquiorra also said earlier that Ichigo had a more powerful riatsu then him at his highest) Of course he is a match for him without the time limit. The time hurts Ichigo by only letting him attack for a small amount of time and forces him to immediately use powerful attacks as he doesn't have time to look for or make an opening. With more time Ichigo could be using his speed to attack from behind and do so much more. Now all he has time for is a getsuga.

duffman13
June 04, 2007, 06:33 PM
Ichigo was dominating Ulquiorra when he had his mask on. (Ulquiorra also said earlier that Ichigo had a more powerful riatsu then him at his highest) Of course he is a match for him without the time limit. The time hurts Ichigo by only letting him attack for a small amount of time and forces him to immediately use powerful attacks as he doesn't have time to look for or make an opening. With more time Ichigo could be using his speed to attack from behind and do so much more. Now all he has time for is a getsuga.

Ulquiorra said that about Ichigo while he was in the middle of fighting Yammi and his hollow. That's no indication that Ichigo is more powerful than him with his mask on though. I think those reiatsu spikes are really from his hollow having more control. He would put up a better fight if he had more time, but i think that if he had more time at his current ability, he'd still get his ass handed to him.

gigantor21
June 04, 2007, 06:39 PM
^ Exactly.

Plus, there's no way Ulquiorra was getting his ass handed to him if all the Hollow Tenshou did was burn his hands a bit. It would've been one thing if Ichigo had actually done some real damage, but all that happened was Ulquiorra getting his clothes ripped. So if that's all he can do to the unreleased #4, then no amount of time would ever be enough.

Impel Down
June 04, 2007, 08:34 PM
He even frikkin STABBED HIM IN THE FRIKKIN CHEST! If you can survive shit like that, then you're pretty strong. With something like that, it doesn't matter how blades of amazing you fire at someone: if you survive certain death, then you're just filling up manga spaces.

eckzotiq
June 04, 2007, 08:39 PM
is it just me or dont you guys think that Orihime and Ulq were kinda forming a akward bond after she slapped him? I believe that he was somewhat affected by it because of how Ulq was shown walking away while Ori was crying. If this is the case I believe Ori will not be rescued and will just stay behind. And then eventually we'll find out why Ulq looks so damn emo. Anyways she already has her plan to try to destroy the hougoku thingy magiger anyway.

So this is my theory: Ulq is gonna kick GJ's ass and Ulq is gonna take back Ori and shes gonna tell the kinda healed Ichigo to go back to rescue chad and Rukia.

Impel Down
June 04, 2007, 08:42 PM
So, the whole thing will be ruined? Eh, I can buy that, Bleach is getting pretty emo now anyway. And at least this way my fav character can be saved. But I don't think they have an akward bond now. Ulquiorra is just in charge of holding Orihime and making sure she doesn't die, and will do anything to do that, despite what happens to her.

ShinobiWrath
June 04, 2007, 09:29 PM
You're right, i'm not looking forward to any unnecessary fighting. Uluquiorra does not seem the type to enegage in useless combat. I agree that he will Take orihime back to her dorm and if anyone tries to stop him or get in his way he will have no other alternative but to subdue them without secondary opinoin or thought unless Aizen orders otherwise. It seem unavoidable seeing as how GJ already has beef with Uluquiorra because of the whole Ichigo thing and of course ichigo will try to fight him if he take Orihime away. This chapter has too many paths and which one is the one that leads to chapter 279. I have noe idea what's about to transpire.

eckzotiq
June 04, 2007, 09:30 PM
ok wrong word. Not a bond but like... I dont know... It just left him an impression. :P

hasoon87
June 04, 2007, 11:50 PM
Alright, so this might be a bit of a stretch, but could the reitsu "thats wrapped deep within kurosaki-kuns wounds" be of his inner hollow and not uli? I thnk it touches upon the "darkness" that wrapped ichigo when he first got his ass handed to him (I understand the whole "its his bankai dissolving debate" but bare with me), please note that she ended up healing the whole in his chest, but she couldnt reject the reitsu, might be cuz its his?

we still dont no why ichigo had his eyes wide open earlier, was he seeeing something, or was it just his utter shock at defeat, I have a funny feeling something went on that we didnt get to see and we'll get reference to it later in the form of a flashback or something to fill us in.

Anyways on to my prediction, well grimjaw and uli are definetly gonna engage in battle, as to whether or not ighigo gets involved, i'm hoping he has the sense to grab inoue and just book to the other reitsu's (i.e ishida renji) then the others (rukia and chad) if they're still around, taking advantage of uli and grimjaw fighting and all, uli will probably not allow that to happen though, but i think grimjaw will bide ichigo some time. I'm probably way off, but doesnt hurt to hope :P

Dimma
June 05, 2007, 12:52 AM
Well, we've seen a vast improvement from all the characters abilities from when they were first introduced... except for Orihime. Assuming that Grimmjow becomes incapacitated and Ichigo and Orihime must fight Ulquoirra to escape; I think Ichigo would get all scared and unable to fight, especially if he saw Ulquoirra release in order to beat Grimmjow.

So, if Ichigo is unable/unwilling to fight, this could be a cool development for Orihime. Seeing him like that might make her strengthen her resolve and fight Ulquoirra. We could see her grow up a bit and lose her dependence that she had on Ichigo (i.e. the Yammi fight), and hopefully see a long delayed increase in her abilities.

It wouldn't have to go quite like that, but I think we'll be seeing some changes from Orihime in the future; hopefully ones that will refine her powers more.

hamadyaa
June 05, 2007, 01:31 AM
remember that before she was taken she was training on par with rukia who is definetley officer level and that fatso vaizard taked to ger and said that her power is amazing and whatever she can imagine will happen or something like that so we really dont know how powerful she is after the soul society arc hey for all i know she can actually be primera espada

spoiler: hahaha who am i kidding she is a whinny lil biznitch :spoiler

gigantor21
June 05, 2007, 07:01 AM
^ I think it's the nature of her powers that's the amazing thing, not how good she is with them. And that really pisses me off--Orihime is my second favorite character, but now she's basically a ridiculous plot device with big tits because of her ability. I still don't get why Kubo allowed it to become that strong, since there's no way either side could use her powers realistically without pissing a lot of fans off.

Jennifer
June 05, 2007, 08:35 AM
I don't think there is anything weird about Ichigo's eyes being open. He hung on to semi-consciousness, he was just in so much shock that his body couldn't handle the pain and essentially froze him. It's a pain threshold thing.

And some people die with their eyes open. Bet his eyes are awful sore, though XD

On the subject of Orihime's powers, I think they're very... sudden. I do agree with a previous poster that the amazing thing about them is that they exist, not just that they work, but at the same time, I wonder where Kubo Tite is going with it all. I've always thought Ichigo's power was contrived at times - come on, how many times can you suffer mortal wounds and live? - but he's significantly flawed compared to Orihime's character.

I think the scene with Loly and Menoly showed the single flaw in it, though - when it enough enough? Grimmjow may have been cruel enough to kill Menoly and seriously beat up Loly, but Orihime is the one screwing with people's lives. When should she just let someone die?

Personally, because of her guilt complex, I think Orihime is going to take her powers too seriously. While they're useful, she may start feeling... persistant, I guess? How many times does Ichigo want to get beat up and healed again?

It's the dilemma I saw coming with Grimmjow - he asked her to heal Ichigo so he could kill him. What is Orihime supposed to do? Yes, she healed him, but afterwards she realized what she had done - healed Ichigo so he could get beat up again.

What would she do? Refuse to heal him and let him die, or repeatedly heal him so that he can get beat up AGAIN and AGAIN, until he finally dies. It's like prolonging the suffering, in a way.

To put it simply - it's a question of Grimmjaw attacking Ichigo and Ichigo dying as a result, compared to Grimmjaw attacking Ichigo, Orihime healing him, Grimmjaw attacking Ichigo, Orihime healing him, etc. Circle vs single cycle.

We'll see. I don't want to believe that Kubo Tite would be so shallow. I have more faith than that :)

Lorax007
June 05, 2007, 09:28 AM
in 278:

Noitora shows up, Ichigo's healing and subsequent Reitsu pulse (what GJ, Orihime and Nell seemed to feel as Ichigo opened his eyes) being what he felt several weeks ago. He makes an entrance just as Grim and Ulq are about to come to blows. He insists on them not stopping their squabble on his account - perhaps he's interested in killing a weakened Ulq and claiming the #4 spot for himself.

beyond 278:

The three Espada are at a stand still, so Ichgo tries to escape with Orihime. Noitora moves to attack Ichigo, but Grimmjaw stops him - telling Ichigo to leave, and live... so GJ can kick his ass later.

Ulq grabs Orihime from Ichigo, preserving Aizen's interest. Ichigo moves to attack Ulq, but the Espada reminds him of a dead or dying Rukia... a fallen Chad... and his other friends at the very least in danger. After begging from Orihime, Ichigo promises to return for her, but leaves. (not identical, but still somewhat similar to his retreat from Byakuya on his first attempt to save Rukia in the SS arc).

The remaining episodes feature Ichigo and Nell collecting their friends and leaving HM, to get care for Rukia and Chad, and to report what they've encountered to others. Rukia and Reji receive reprimands, but Rukia is awarded a seated position when it is learned what she did involving Kaien and the 9th Espada.

Wrapping up in HM, Ulq finishes Noitora just before GJ is killed off. Why? The taunting from Noitorra earlier indicates that Noitora at the very least views Ulq as competition, if not inferior. GJ, while a disciplinary problem, fears Ulq. Assuming Noitora is #5 (which I don't actually know), then Ulq would be much more comfortable knowing GJ is in the #5 spot below him than Noitora.

Such an ending would leave the well developed Espada around for the next arc (well fleshed out characters don't often die in Bleach), sends Ichigo and company away without Orihime (Rukia and Chad's pressing health concerns pushing Ichigo to back down), and most of the heroes saw growth. They've ascertained that Orihime isn't there by choice, and they know just how far along Aizen is.

lexx
June 05, 2007, 12:01 PM
Gentlemen I ask of you: What's wrong with Orihime being a big-breasted plot device? It's not like she was useful or interesting before now. She had almost zero influence in Soul Society and to this date her only victory has been against one weak hollow.

dreamzsai
June 05, 2007, 12:43 PM
Actually, Orihime's potential has been discovered by others before Aizen realised how powerful they were....
In the anime, there was a scene where 4th squad captain Retsu Unohana claims that the Ryokas do not need help. This was after she observed and realised Orihime's powers. Maybe she didnt saw the fact that it is the rejection of events, but she knew that her powers have great recovering/healing capabilites.

I believe many will feel that the upcoming chapter will be pretty predictable.
Grimjaw will fight against Ulquiora, considering their bad terms with each other.
But what i cant really think of is how Ichigo, Orihime or even Nell might play in this part.
Maybe we'll see both Espadas release? Maybe Ichigo's hollow will resurface to take control?
And Ishida/Renji vs Apollo battle isnt really over yet right? Maybe there'll be a twist there?
Where is Noitora heading to? Chad and Rukia's part already over, or is it?

funnieebunniie
June 05, 2007, 01:29 PM
i think that orihime will somehow stop the fight by turning herself back in instead of going to earth with ichigo and ulquiorra will prolly snitch on grimmjow. if not , then he'll fight grimmjow! :D
[hr]

Gentlemen I ask of you: What's wrong with Orihime being a big-breasted plot device? It's not like she was useful or interesting before now. She had almost zero influence in Soul Society and to this date her only victory has been against one weak hollow.

quit talking about "before" and look at her now. shes basically a God.

you might want to take the piece of advice you wanted to hand out to the quoted poster as advice for yourself. please don't insult other persons. furthermore, the past is part of the story.

Impel Down
June 05, 2007, 02:58 PM
Then she's a God who needs training, because she still can't heal perfectly, she can't block everything, and she can't kill shit. Her only use to Aizen is as a re-loader for his magical Arrancar-maker.

Holland
June 05, 2007, 05:34 PM
The next chapter may show Ichigo's power evolved, now that he has been beaten theres no reason to hold back. I know it has been said, but why did Ichigo's broken bankai reform to an undamaged shikai? oh, well...

nordicbattlesigns
June 05, 2007, 06:14 PM
The next chapter may show Ichigo's power evolved, now that he has been beaten theres no reason to hold back. I know it has been said, but why did Ichigo's broken bankai reform to an undamaged shikai? oh, well...

We saw that before when Renji was fighting Byakuya - when Renji was close to death, his sword returned to the sealed state. Actually, as I recall, we saw Ikkaku's return to the sealed state too in his first fight with Ichigo after he got taken out, Ichigo was commenting on how he never knew about that trait of the zanpaktou. It looks like any time a shinigami is close to death (does this extend to all unconsciousness as well?) their soul slayer reverts. In Ichigo's case, Zangetsu can't be fully sealed as such, so reverts to the shikai shape.

Edit: I can only presume it's the same whether the bankai is broken or unbroken - even a breaking of one's bankai doesn't seem to affect its subsequent usage - we have seen this with the ones mentioned above, excepting Ichigo, who presumably will show similarly some time ahead.

NBS

Rawrninja
June 05, 2007, 10:06 PM
I posted most of this in the Ulquihime LJ comm, but I figured I'd throw it up here as well.

I don't doubt that Ulquiorra and Grimmjow are going to fight each other in some way, shape, or form, but knowing Ulquiorra he'll probably just call him trash and chastise him for disobeying orders, throwing Orihime in chains, and the shape she's in because Aizen wants her in one piece and unharmed, and tell her to come with him.

I can see him just letting GJ kick Ichigo's ass again and leaving with Orihime. Protecting her are his orders; not babysitting Grimmy. Ulquiorra is far from stupid, and he doesn't fight unless he thinks it's absolutely necessary.

If they do wind up having an all out brawl, I find it hard to see Grimmy and Ichigo teaming up. He went there to fight Ichigo, not tiptoe through the tulips with him. If Ichigo was smart, he'd ignore the need to prove his penis size for once and use the fight as a distraction to get Orihime out of there. Of course she'll stop him and try to stop the other two, in which case the powers that be need to step in because things would be getting out of hand with a vital key to Aizen's plans in the middle of it.

Like it or not, this arc is coming to a close. It may take a few weeks, but it's nearing the end. Rukia is half dead, Chad is off being insignificant, Renji and Ishida are the only two still standing and they're confused to all hell. There is no way they can win in their state right now. Yes, they have defeated some, but look at what it cost them. Ichigo's pride is shattered. His strongest attack only succeeded in ripping the clothes of the one it attacked. That has to hurt. The Vaizard even said it; he left too soon. His training wasn't complete. Hello foreshadowing. Besides, do you really think the rest of Soul Society is going to sit back and listen to Old Fart Yamamoto? My guess is that Ichigo and co will retreat this time and return with reinforcements. Ichigo will go and get shoed by Hiyori some more and everyone else will spend time recovering/training until they can come up with a better plan than just Zerg rushing the place.

gab00n
June 05, 2007, 10:59 PM
If a fight does start then this chapter will be the intro, so the usual conversation and a short sword fight then I think we will see Grimmjow release at the end. His released form will probably have something to do with a jaguar, I'm sure it will be awesome.

otaku-garu
June 05, 2007, 11:24 PM
I think its GJ + ICHI vs ULQ

with inoue and nell cheering at the sides..

NoLifeKing1331
June 06, 2007, 12:55 AM
I think you really have to understand the shonen formula. Its the bottom of the 9th home team is down by 20 points and its time for the hero to shine. Now if this is not the end of the arc that may not be what your getting.

As for GJ lending to the very DBZ style of Bleach you will see a Goku/Vegeta match up in that unless both Ichigo and GJ dont throw everything they have into it Uli is going to kill them both. IMPORTANT FACT]Uli has already put the kill on ichigo and has no problem offing GJ but Ichigo is our main character and no matter what left field plot twist Kudo goes with you cant kill the main character.

Dont know if we will see it but i do think this would be a good time for Orihime to show us what she can really do. As mentioned by many before we know neither Ichigo or GJ have what it takes to put Uli down so maybe Orihime pulling out the trump would be neat. At least enough to give them an escape. Remember as far as we know our boys have no way of getting back so GJ escaping with them would give them an exit.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT FACT:Ichigo has yet to tap the hollow side of his powers (the destructive boost of the mask aside) we haven't seen ichigo use a cero or anything crazy like that so there is still room for an ichigo trump. Which will not be negative boy taking over......that would be way too soon and totally negate all the vizard training to put him into submission. What i would like to see is Ichigo turn zangetsu white and get another power boost but I think anything like that is still a long ways off.

The only other option and the most likely in my opinion would be for the Vizards to step in and save. We really haven't seen them throw down hard so now would be a good time to give them some lime light. Lay down some heavy hits grab the wounded and make a run for it. With all the character so spread out that would make sense that the multiple characters could round them all up at the same time and make a grand exodus.

I really don't know if orihime would want to go back. This arc should be her resolve builder and make her a real contender in the group. So staying behind and trying to take out Aizen would be her main motivation. Then again we have seen how respectful Ichigo is of others wishes of martyrdom.(If he can help it no one else will take the punishment. Come to think of it most the characters in this series have some serious masochistic tendencies.)

just my 10cents what do you think.

segarraramon
June 06, 2007, 10:40 AM
I think the fingers the appeared are those of aizen, before any start to fight aizen will appear. Ulq and GJ stop at that very second and Inue is given the opportunity to take ichigo and leave the rest to die or let them all go if she stays behind. Inue trying to prove herself thinks that she can get to the houguiko (or whatever the name) destroy it and tells Aizen that she will stay if he sends them all back alive. aizen agrees, ichigo goes it to a wont leave you, but inue tells him to go and don’t come back with tears in her eyes. He realize that at his current level he can’t achieve anything vows to get her back but he will go.
<hr noshade size="1">
I know I posted just now, but reading the prediction fully I will agree that ULQ takes Inue, ichigo and GJ go at it. The fight goes even until the end when ichigo kills GJ at this point we finally se shinji and a viszard group picking up ichigo and the rest of the fallen and taking them back to Kara town.

Impel Down
June 06, 2007, 03:24 PM
That makes no sense. Ichigo hasn't healed yet, and Grimmjow wanted to fight him AFTER he healed. Ulquiorra didn't kill Ichigo before, and he's probably not gonna fake-kill him again, whereas both Ulquiorra and Grimmjow are both angered with each other, not to mention them fighting would be SUPA cool.

Dark Noxus
June 08, 2007, 04:02 PM
finally the RAW is out. And Grimmjow looks so cool.^^

gigantor21
June 08, 2007, 04:37 PM
This chapter was fucking sweet. The spoilers did it NO justice whatsoever.

I can't wait for the scanlations to come out so I can review it.

Stone
June 08, 2007, 05:59 PM
looking at page 16, Orihime did't a wise move... She protecteet herself with the "Shield".
Chapter looks interesting once again ^^

Tomodachi69
June 08, 2007, 06:38 PM
looking at page 16, Orihime did't a wise move... She protecteet herself with the "Shield".
Chapter looks interesting once again ^^

Why is that not a wise move? She was anticipating a fight between Ulquiorra and Grimmjow and sheilded herself in case they started throwing Ceroes all over the place. Which they did ahaha.

At least she just stood there behind her sheild instead of trying to run or something like that.

As I expected, that Grimm/Ulqui skirmish was BADASS. But I wonder, what if the two of them wer e really serious? I don't think Ulquiorra really wanted to fight, he was just defending, and Grimm only wanted to get rid of him. Hmm.

Ohhh, man. Can't wait till next chapter! XD

Stone
June 08, 2007, 07:04 PM
Guess you got it wrong there, but i can't blame you since i wrote a crossbreed of to opposits^^'

did't= a cross between didn't and didt.

Tomodachi69
June 08, 2007, 07:15 PM
Guess you got it wrong there, but i can't blame you since i wrote a crossbreed of to opposits^^'

did't= a cross between didn't and didt.

... huh? Why not just stick to good old "did" and "didn't"? :D

BTW, anyone else think that the drawing style of this chapter looked a little different? Like, rounder?

Silhouette
June 08, 2007, 07:39 PM
The drawing style looks the same to me

I Liked how Ichigo took GJ's hand off Orihime's neck.
I also Loved the short fight scene between Ulquiorra and GJ.

Ulquiorra was also damaged...even though it looks like his hand only was burned unlike GJ who got the whole arm cooked. Does that mean black GT is weaker than GJ's cero?

GJ's last line was cool "let's kill each other on equal grounds then"

Tomodachi69
June 08, 2007, 08:04 PM
The drawing style looks the same to me

I Liked how Ichigo took GJ's hand off Orihime's neck.
I also Loved the short fight scene between Ulquiorra and GJ.

Ulquiorra was also damaged...even though it looks like his hand only was burned unlike GJ who got the whole arm cooked. Does that mean black GT is weaker than GJ's cero?

Ulqui's sleeve was burnt and torn, yes, but I don't think there's enough damage to determine whether or not HollowMask!Kuroi Getsuga Tenshou is weaker than GJ's cero. There's only one panel and IMO Ulqui's hand isn't burnt. /shrug

Go figure that GJ would block Ulquiorra's cero with one hand. Ha, badass.

Also, it was interesting, I think, that Ulquiorra said "kusou" when he got sealed away, which is tranlatable to "shit (usage; "aw, shit..") or "damn". He's always been such an apathetic character, and here he is cursing himself/Grimm for being sealed. Interesting lil thing for his character, IMO.

I also wonder what's up with the noise that starts on page20. It starts after Grimm tells Ichi he doesn't need his sympathy and the sfx, according to the katakana, is "oooooooooooooo" and it gets louder and louder. Rising tension or reiatsu, perhaps?

Silhouette
June 08, 2007, 08:10 PM
I also wonder what's up with the noise that starts on page20. It starts after Grimm tells Ichi he doesn't need his sympathy and the sfx, according to the katakana, is "oooooooooooooo" and it gets louder and louder. Rising tension or reiatsu, perhaps?

Yeah the fight has already begun, when Ichigo insisted thet GJ too needs to be healed so they are fighting fairly, GJ couldn't wait and was like let's both fight wounded then if this is what's fair.

Tomodachi69
June 08, 2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah the fight has already begun, when Ichigo insisted thet GJ too needs to be healed so they are fighting fairly, GJ couldn't wait and was like let's both fight wounded then if this is what's fair.

But what's that noiseeeeee ahaha. I guess it's more like a hum, perhaps of resonating reiatsu? I'd imagine that as GJ got more and more anxious to just start, he started actively letting off reiatsu, similar to one's muscle's tensing up before getting ready to attack someone.

Yea, about the fight starting... I wonder if they'll take a short break to heal up then continue XD I don't think Ichigo's ready to go at it just yet... But then again, even fully healed, the fact remains that he just got PWNd by Ulquiorra and that he's expended his mask time limit. He could've recovered the time necessary between mask summons to bring it out again, but ... meh, we'll see ^^

Silhouette
June 08, 2007, 08:39 PM
But what's that noiseeeeee ahaha. I guess it's more like a hum, perhaps of resonating reiatsu? I'd imagine that as GJ got more and more anxious to just start, he started actively letting off reiatsu, similar to one's muscle's tensing up before getting ready to attack someone.

I am not sure..but I think you're right, it is GJ's reiatsu...kinda like a lion getting tensed before attacking....GJ calls Ichigo a "prey" after all

I really have high hope for this fight, I have a feeling it will be a great one, no breaks and more 11 sec crap...this is a "fight to kill each other on equal grounds like" GJ put it.
Kubo-sensie worked so much on the hate between GJ and Ichigo...GJ got his arm cut because of Ichigo and his second chance to fight him was interrupted so he is as mad as they become...he took desperate measures to have a chance to kill Ichigo and by God he will not lose this chance.
On the other hand, Ichigo first discovered how weak he was against espadas on GJ's hands, he saw Rukia's head almost getting blasted by GJ and now he has Orihime 3 feet away from him...he is gonna settle the score once and for all

Impel Down
June 08, 2007, 09:05 PM
Eh, this chapter had me slightly amused. Ulquiorra was kinda being a punk, though, and the whole thing with Ulquiorra breaking out is a completely obvious device to end the fight "just as one of them is about to lose!" But, I do think that Ichigo vs. Grimmjow is a far more realistic fight than Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra AGAIN.

Tomodachi69
June 08, 2007, 09:41 PM
I am not sure..but I think you're right, it is GJ's reiatsu...kinda like a lion getting tensed before attacking....GJ calls Ichigo a "prey" after all

I really have high hope for this fight, I have a feeling it will be a great one, no breaks and more 11 sec crap...this is a "fight to kill each other on equal grounds like" GJ put it.
Kubo-sensie worked so much on the hate between GJ and Ichigo...GJ got his arm cut because of Ichigo and his second chance to fight him was interrupted so he is as mad as they become...he took desperate measures to have a chance to kill Ichigo and by God he will not lose this chance.
On the other hand, Ichigo first discovered how weak he was against espadas on GJ's hands, he saw Rukia's head almost getting blasted by GJ and now he has Orihime 3 feet away from him...he is gonna settle the score once and for all

YES, and that is what is going to give Ichigo the power he needs. Before, with Ulquiora, he was just mad, but now, here he is, ready to KILL Grimmjow in a fight to the death, pure fighting instnct and perhaps what he's been needing in order to fully tap into his hollow.

All the times he summoned the mask, I never really felt like he had KILLING INTENT, but now, I think he's got it.

And after realizing all this after reading your post, I'm so much more excited for the next chapter! No, the next 3+ chapters! XD

ttxdragon
June 08, 2007, 10:19 PM
The one thing i found really remarkable about this chapter was how i was reminded of ichigos brawlerface from the beginning of the manga, although the artstyles are completely different they resemble each other so closely.
It was that moment that let me once again feel why i started to read bleach.

furthermore, the art in this chapter was a bit different, it felt more detailed and clear at points while it felt more rusty and edged at others... the art seemed to fit the situation as well as the panels were splitted in a way that was far beyond the level it was in the earlier fights against the tres-chiffre.

All in all this chapter just feels good and refreshing.

gigantor21
June 08, 2007, 11:27 PM
^ I felt the same way. It was like reading Ichigo vs. Byakuya III for the first time, all over again. Any chapter that reminds me of my favorite fight in the series is a winner in my book.

midiman
June 09, 2007, 09:39 AM
look at this pic it seems as if kurosaki has no thumb (first box) ^^ small failure

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bleach278pg18mt6.png

pherhaps one of the cleaner did overpaint it or so

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 11:08 AM
Eh, no. Grimmjow's jacket was just covering it with the part that splits off. And since when does Ichigo care about healing his opponents for fair fights, I'm wondering?

ttxdragon
June 09, 2007, 11:27 AM
Ichigo was always a sportsmen before he was a shinigami.
he trained since he was a child in a fighting sport and not in a brawlingschool.
while be became a brawler because others didn't like his differences, he didn't have a choice but to play out every trump he could get.
and hollows and other stuff were just "monsters"...
And I can't remember ichigo trying dirty tricks in any of the fights against shinigami...
He always seemed more like a sportsman than a real fighter.

and now he seems to have that spirit back totally :wtf

Fortisdiablos
June 09, 2007, 01:39 PM
and now he seems to have that spirit back totally :wtf

One can certainly hope.

I just appreciate the fact that they attacked each other sword to sword rather than Ichigo's shikai getting caught by GJ's hand in the usual fashion. We really haven't seen much sword usage from the Arrancars' side.

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, we haven't really seen the ones who's zanpaktou are actually katana use their zanpaktou much. Maybe he just used his regular sword because he was angry at Ichigo for thinking so lightly of him, healing his wounds?

ShinobiWrath
June 09, 2007, 06:31 PM
Yes we're definately gonna see Ichigo move up a level. I'm thinking back on one of my favorite fights, Renji vs. Ichigo. Ichigo's sudden epiphany from Urahara's training suddenly gave him a burst of power that allowed him to subdue Renji in almost nothing flat. Did I mention he was also shikai. Then again in my top favorite bout, the Ichigo vs. Kenpachi battle. After battling shirosaki Ichigo's soft side vanished and he became a hardcore killing machine. It seems whenever Ichigo is serious about something or has a closer view on what the consequences might be he is held back by emotions. However when Ichigo has nothing but the thrill of battle streaming through his veins and the resolve to win that's WIN spelled W-I-N, Ichigo well let go all his emotions and do whatever it takes to WIN. I think that's what's happening now. I'm so eager to see what he brings to the table!

Silhouette
June 09, 2007, 06:49 PM
I think the reason GJ drew his sword at the beginning this time is because he had a taste of Ichigo's vizard power. For the 11 seconds that Ichigo fought him as a vizard, GJ was in a shock..not only that he was smacked around but -as far as I remember- didn't draw his sword until the end when Ichigo's mask shattered maybe because Ichigo's attacks were so fast and powerful or because GJ wasn't really pissed off until the very end..either way GJ doesn't want to repeat the same mistake.
and why is Ichigo starting the fight with shikai? Simple, GJ never gave him the chance to go bankai

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 06:56 PM
Maybe Grimmjow sucks with his sword, so that's why he uses ceros and taijutsu, but if Ichigo just has shikai, he should be able to handle him with just his sword. I dunno, it's kind of a gay theory. I was just thinking that he only sees his sword for its release, and that's why he brings it out.

Silhouette
June 09, 2007, 07:12 PM
GJ doesn't use his sword for release only and doesn't suck with his sword either he's just so full of himself he didn't think he needs a sword against a shinigami until he he was hit a few times by masked Ichigo (not that it inflected a huge damage on him thought) and he used his sword before when he pinned Ichigo's arm to the ground so he is willing to use it without a release.

TEK
June 10, 2007, 12:53 PM
Most of the Arrancar don't see the need in busting out their swords. They've been accustomed for so long to fighting with their hollow techniques that the swords are almost like a last resort. Ulquiorra even made fun of Yammi when Yammi almost took out his sword on Ichigo. So usually, only when they need to release do they really take out their swords.

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 02:04 PM
Ulquiorra even fought Ichigo with just his hand, and he even stabs with his hands instead of his sword. The only arrancar who use their zanpaktou a lot are the ones who don't have them in katana form, like Noitora, or Telsa, or Gamenbetian.

Silhouette
June 10, 2007, 06:15 PM
Ulquiorra even made fun of Yammi when Yammi almost took out his sword on Ichigo. So usually, only when they need to release do they really take out their swords.

Ulquiorra made fun of Yammi because he wanted to release not because he wanted to fight with his sword. For an espada, the difference between fighting with the arm or fighting with an unreleased sword is maybe it's faster to release with your sword already drawn or to pin down your opponent or to keep a longer distance between you and your opponent....you know all the things that you can achieve with a sword.

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 09:44 PM
They seem to have a lot of pride in how they release. So far, they seem to all consider their release unstoppable and use it to show off or as an absolute finish. Edorad used it to show off his power to Ikkaku when Ikkaku said he wanted a great fight, Showlong and Ilfort used it because they thought it would let them win instantly, Luppi used it because he had boasted about how he could use it on many people and had to prove it, and Grimmjow boasted about it as well, and used it when he was up against a serious opponent.

notBowen
June 11, 2007, 03:07 AM
Have we even seen an Arrancar that's released and is still alive?

yanniv
June 11, 2007, 04:47 AM
Have we even seen an Arrancar that's released and is still alive?

Nope.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 07:22 AM
Yeah, they pretty much all die when they release. It's like their fight-finishers. Well, actually, the Execuies never came to Gamenbein, so he may still be alive, but it's doubtful.

One Bad Mo Fo
June 11, 2007, 02:27 PM
I can't think of an instance in Bleach where the one who released/went ban kai first actually won the fight

ttxdragon
June 11, 2007, 02:42 PM
people,

I will post this in here one more time:
This is NO CHATROOM but a FORUM!

for those of you who didn't notice, please read this announcement:
Read this. One line posts, two sentence spam and other tragedies (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/announcement.php?f=43&a=13)

This should be taken especially serious by those who like to ignore announcements and rule threads and then wonder why they get pms from staff members.

Thanks for your cooperation.

U579
June 12, 2007, 04:18 PM
I like Grimmjow and all, but Schiffer must have been able to stop that..
Otherwisw, I can't wait for Ichigo to get his real Bankai, and Sado-Kun to be revived (It better and will happen)

Morlun
June 13, 2007, 02:35 PM
Is it just me, or Grimmjow was a bit full of himself?

Let's look at it this way: Ichigo wiped the floor with unreleased Grimmjow when he had the mask on for 11 seconds (though one could argue the element of surprise played a part here). Unreleased Ulquiorra wiped the floor with Ichigo when he had the mask down. Yet Grimmjow says Ulquiorra is afraid of fighting him, because they'll both destroy each other... me figures Grimmy is having delusions of grandeur, because it does seem Ulquiorra is a class above him. That's too bad. I like Grimmy. :)

On the other hand, it makes a lot more sense from a storytelling point of view. If Ulqui and Grimmy were equals, then Ulqui wouldn't be that much of a challenge after Ichigo beats Grimmy.

Vizard5
June 13, 2007, 02:50 PM
does ichigo have his "blue eyes" look or does his eyes always look that sparkling ?

Askia32
June 14, 2007, 01:13 AM
Wow, Grimmjow is not at all full of himself. He see's a worthy oponent that he wants to fight. He see's the potencial in Ichigo, and someone he would not mind too much dyieng to. Observing his personaliy, he hates being controlled, so he hates being in the orginaization he's in. He lives for a good fight. If he dies, he atleast will be at peace that he lost to a worthy opponent, and will no longer have to be controlled by Aizen.

Morlun
June 14, 2007, 04:01 AM
You misunderstood me. I don't say he's full of himself by wanting to fight Ichigo. It's because he claims he's on Ulquiorra's level. By what we've seen, Ulquiorra seems to be above him. Of course, the only benchmark we have is Ichigo. :)