PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Bleach: a tribute to DBZ !

kazuya-kun
July 07, 2006, 09:13 PM
Not sure if anyone else made this kind of thread but...
Have anyone actually noticed how much the author actually focused on Ichigo knowing fighting techniques? Lemme correct that, I mean how much he focused on fighting techniues in the middle of the manga. Now look at it now, it's just a battle of POWER, just like in DBZ. They just threw the whole "battle experience > power" out the window. *Same thing happening with Naruto but let's not get off-topic*

I dunno about you but I would rather see more kickass moves/techniques the character do like when Ichigo was trying to get his Ban Kai rather than just a battle of brawl.

kyubisharingan
July 07, 2006, 09:57 PM
Well DBZ kind of inspired A LOT of Manga-ka and its kind of hard make up ur own manga without taking ideas from other Manga-ka. I understand wat u mean but u have to understand that just because the manga has "POWER" and energy auras doesnt mean Bleach and Naruto r turning into DBZ :amuse

Kilik
July 08, 2006, 09:33 PM
I agree there really is only so much you can do in a fight-oriented manga, if the main character didn't get any stronger to be able to beat the current bad guy it wouldn't be a very interesting story line, and yeah a lot of manga-ka grew up on Toriyama's Dragon Ball and base many of their ideas losely on their manga they loved growing up

NeoShweaty
July 08, 2006, 09:37 PM
Bleach has had this happen MUCH less than naruto so the fans of it can count themselves lucky. I guess most naruto fans are blind to the reality

destinator
July 09, 2006, 02:23 AM
Well the point is that we fans can't do anything about it. So you can only stop reading/watching the manga or look if it will gonna be better in the future. I still like Naruto/Bleach and for me they are still better than DBZ.

ryderdm3
July 09, 2006, 03:11 AM
All fighting anime/manga like Bleach and Naruto will end up resembling DBZ, it's just a matter of how bad. There is a point where the power-ups become rediculous. I don't find anything wrong with the whole Hollow thing, but if Ichigo were to unlock another "stage" of his zanpakutou, then I would be pretty dissapointed. Strength will always be the most important factor with these shows, but the strategy is not completely lost. Look at what is happening recently with Hitsugaya. I'd attribute that to his smarts and more than just blind strength.

Bartserk
July 10, 2006, 07:10 PM
I think Bleach is much more alike to DBZ than Naruto. Because in Bleach, all characters are constantly gaining more and more raw power and using it to win. In Naruto, if you leave apart the fight of Naruto vs Sasuke (which is all like a Goku vs Vegeta but with annoying kids lol) there are lots of fights where a ninja is overpowered and wins because of its smart fighting. The clearest example is all the fights of Shikamaru and most fights of Naruto. There are times where combats seem to be a second DBZ, but I think it has much strategy moments than Bleach.

ttxdragon
July 10, 2006, 08:54 PM
a fighting manga like this always will focus on strength... they apparently must gain more power and such...
as for technics... kubo tite never focused directly on technics or have you ever seen them train an actual technic in detail?
i never did... you saw them train the bankai - which isn't a technic, but a level of control over the zanpakuto - by power.
you saw ichigo struggling for the shinigami-powers, but no technics. chad was seen training to endure the power his armor has, hime trained to get her heart stable enough to call her guardians everytime. but they did not train a technic.
at least not directly but by fighting experiences, for example the training of ichigo with urahara for getsuga tenshi, which he already was able to use but not by own will.
about the battlexp > power thing: they did definitly not throw it completely over board, but at the current situation bringing that factor out is a bit extremely hard, since they need the power first to at least get into the battle a bit... or you need to tell me how you can defeat somebody only by having done a million battles against some little puppy and win against a bear >.< not only battleexp matters, it's the combination

the big diffrence between DB (there is no Z in the manga! dammit, why does everybody always call it DBZ?!?!?!?!) and Bleach is that the enimies don't pop out of nowhere like the androids or cell and boo in DB..... they were always there, they had schemed out the former enemies, had there way and now are to be fought. As in DB there were no deep thoughts behind it (at least not that deep from vol17 onwards) here the movements of the story aren't to be predicted precisely and that easy...

i can't comment about the comparisons made to naruto, because i never read it... the art i saw (many coverarts and one chap) just look cruel for me :/

@ryderdm3: i don't think he can even release another zanpakuto 'stage', because ban-kai already means something bout 'full release'/'final release' (afaik, can't find the proove right now)

@Bartserk: leave alone that the decision whom battles who is a tactical/strategical decision in itself you're right that bleach doesn't have that much battle-strategy/tactic involved... could be better :)

ryderdm3
July 10, 2006, 10:57 PM
No ttxdragon, you are correct, it does mean full/complete release. If they ever were to advance their zanpakutou's further, then I would find it incredibly lame and stupid. All fighting shows will be about power, it's just a matter of how they handle it. I think Naruto and Bleach are handling it quite well. In both shows we've yet to see the full strength of most of the characters. Where as in DBZ we knew what everyone could do right off the bat and then it was just a big race back and forth to see who could be the strongest. That's what lead to all the rediculous power boosts that dumbed the show down. That won't happen in bleach and naruto.

Jammin
August 09, 2006, 10:09 AM
I don't think it's turning into DBZ (or DB if you perfer). The characters in Bleach are getting stronger and the fights are becoming larger in scale, that doen't mean its suddenly becoming DB/DBZ. Bleach is Bleach. Naruto is Naruto. The Dragon Ball series is the Dragon Ball series. All different stories, art styles, and fighting styles.

The "battle of power" thing is just not true. Power and speed must be at close enough to keep up in order for battle experience and strategy to have an impact, this was true even in Rurouni Kenshin. They work in conjuction with one another in both Naruto and Bleach. Right now Ichigo is not having a problem, skill wise. It's that he can't keep up in terms of strength and speed, so he's trying to aquire more of both. I really don't have a problem with that.

But even if the rest of Ichigo's training throughout the rest of the Beach manga was all strength and speed based it would still be nothing like DB/DBZ because in Bleach each character uses abilities unique to them, adding both strategy and variety to the fights. In DBZ the different abilities were all some form of fireball or beam.

Naruto isn't even worth commenting on. It has way more in common with Ninja Scroll than with DB/DBZ and Naruto has always trained for skills rather than strength or speed so I don't even think the "battle of power" thing even applies.

ruby_06
August 09, 2006, 01:53 PM
In my opinion, bleach is not even that close to DBZ and yeah i agree with everyone and many does think so that
naruto is turning into BDZ, but also not that much as i think naruto has its own way and cannot be compared to the techinques in DBZ and for god's sake, In DBZ they could blow a whole planet with one finger!!! see the difference!! :amuse

graphic_content
August 10, 2006, 12:30 AM
I've never actually seen DBZ - what you say??? :blink - but I have to agree that it would indeed be ridiculous if Ichigo unlocked some secret level above Bankai. I had this debate with a cousin the other day and basically it came down to:

the greatest hero is only the greatest hero - because he (or she) faced the most powerful villian.

if ichigo unlocks this 'Armagedon' level - it ruins the REAL hero element of the story - in a word - STRUGGLE - and the will to overcome it.

FLFC
August 10, 2006, 10:41 PM
Yes the "powering up" style is similar in general to what was done in DB.

In the early years of DB all of the characters pretty much gained advantage in a fight by using diferent and more powerfull techniques that were unique to them, but Goku always had that plus that later on the manga Toriyama explained to be a trait of the Saiyan that in every battle that they would come close to death the saiyajins would become more powerfull.

In the Gohan stage of DB the only ones that kept gaining power (at least in such large quantities) just by pushing their bodies to the limit were the saiyajins, the other character continued gaining strengh throught other means like training diferent techniques or fusion and so on.

Now I ask of you, what manga doesn´t resemble DB in some way, especially in power-ups? I mean Toriyama wrote the book on powering-ups. EX: Pushing your body to limits, learning diferent techiniques, fusion!!, even magically (grownup Gohan) by unlocking potential power, ETC. What is left?

As I said before, every manga resembles DB in general, because all of them are unique in their own way. Ex: Bleach - Shinigami uses Zapakutous that channel their inner reiatsu into fighting, Naruto - They have the special trait of having bijuu inside some ninjas (maybe influence of fusion from DB).

So there´s plenty of room for mangakas to make their own concepts without copying classics, but ALWAYS inspired by them.

EDIT: Regarding the "above bankai level", i think there will be no such thing. Ichigo doesn´t know Zangetsu that well yet. I mean for example in the bankai of Byakuya (sp?) I could clearly distiguish two levels for that bankai, Senbonzakura and Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. Do you think that when he first got his bankai he got all that at once? NO. It takes time to master bankai and take full advantage of it´s power. In my opinion Ichigo is far from learning all about his Bankai and Zangetsu himself. One more thing, I really don´t believe that Byakuya is gonna stay at those two "levels", as he and Renji said to Ichigo, there takes a lot of time for knowing how to use the Zanpakutou properly, so there might be techiniques that aren´t full developed in the bankai, so he didn´t use.

gigantor21
August 11, 2006, 06:07 PM
FLFC - On the different forms of Bankai, I totally agree--after all, Tensa Zangetsu in it's current form is focused almost unilaterally on speed, without any real increase in the other three aspects of a shinigami's power (sword arts, hand-to-hand and Demon Arts). My guess is that you can consider your Bankai mastered when you can freely manipulate it's form in a way that changes which of the four aspects are enhanced at the cost of the others.

But on the other hand, Byakuya trained with his Bankai normally (that is, for ten years after he attained it) in order to refine it, while Ichigo has had his for, what, a couple of months? Considering there isn't much time left until Aizen goes after Karakura, he's not going to find a second form without some ridiculous plot twist, so that's out.

Keeping that in mind, I think this "new form->better function" thing is pretty DBZ-ish--and before anyone says anything, the difference between this and Luffy's Gears is that they're much more innovative. After all, the main thing that Gear Second does is make Luffy's body more capable of using a move that he could still do without it, by raising his blood pressure. It's not just a simple "more energy=better fighting" type of power-up--which is what I like about Ichigo and Byakua's Bankai. Conversely, the Hollow mask only seems like a way for him to tap into more of his seemingly bottomless well of reiatsu, which is kinda ho-hum, to be honest.

But I feel like it's only in the fighting that Bleach is really DBZ-ish. In terms of it's visual style, the storytelling, and the characters, it's way different--which is why I like it more. While Bleach is still one of my favorite series, I second ttxdragon: if the fights were more cerebral, it could be even better.

ophelis
August 14, 2006, 01:12 PM
All fighting anime/manga like Bleach and Naruto will end up resembling DBZ, it's just a matter of how bad. There is a point where the power-ups become rediculous. I don't find anything wrong with the whole Hollow thing, but if Ichigo were to unlock another "stage" of his zanpakutou, then I would be pretty dissapointed. Strength will always be the most important factor with these shows, but the strategy is not completely lost. Look at what is happening recently with Hitsugaya. I'd attribute that to his smarts and more than just blind strength.

That is exactly what defers Bleach from Naruto! Bleach rely on raw power less than techniques and strategy. And you cant say that DBZ's characters or animation are low simply becouse they are a lot OLDER :D

Urazz
August 14, 2006, 03:44 PM
I don't think Naruto or Bleach are going the path of DBZ (or dragonball whatever you prefer.). DBZ took the whole power up thing to ridiculous levels and never focused on techniques really if I recall.

The main thing in fighting mangas is that you can't have one type of fighting reign supreme. For example, you need some strength and speed to go along with that experience or else you wouldn't be able to touch your opponent or damage him.

With Naruto, the fights tend to be won by the one who is smarter. Though we haven't really had a full fight in part 2 asides from Sakura's and Chiyo's fight in the rescue Gaara ark in part two. In Naruto, things dont' focus on becoming faster so much as learning new techniques. They may help you get faster and stronger but they also add a new move in the character's repetoire.

With Bleach, it seems like it is becoming a bit like DBZ at the moment in terms of fighting with Ichigo focusing on getting more strength instead of mastering abilities he lacks. I never minded Ichigo getting high in power as he has that quickly but I just hope things don't keep following that route. I'd rather have him start mastering his basic skills after he masters his hollow mask before we see anymore powerups for him.

I agree with gigantor21 about One Piece though. It's powerups are pretty unique. I never have seen anything like the Gears before.

Faust
August 17, 2006, 05:30 AM
I think its hard for action oriented manga to come up with fresh ideas to incorporate since, it seems to me, that DBZ has done it all when it comes to the genre. Its hard for later generations not to take inspiration from it. Toriyama's DBZ was more of a door opener to what a great action manga could be much like the Simpsons was to shows like South Park and Family Guy.

I do agree that Bleach is somewhat turning into DBZ. I mean if you substitute reiatsu with ki and shikai and bankai with the different saiyan forms, you got yourself Bleach Ball.

Honestly though I think what attracts people to Bleach and Naruto is not only action scenes but the actual plot and drama in the stories which I think were much better than DBZ. Although I haven't watched or read that much DBZ past the Namek/Frieza arc, I think the character development and storytelling were much better in Bleach and Naruto. Kubo Tite and Kishimoto have a way of keeping you hooked and guessing about things to come in the far future while DBZ seem...yea...I mean how many episodes was the spirit bomb being charged?

Appears I've talked alot...~

Urazz
August 17, 2006, 06:05 AM
I think its hard for action oriented manga to come up with fresh ideas to incorporate since, it seems to me, that DBZ has done it all when it comes to the genre. Its hard for later generations not to take inspiration from it. Toriyama's DBZ was more of a door opener to what a great action manga could be much like the Simpsons was to shows like South Park and Family Guy.

I do agree that Bleach is somewhat turning into DBZ. I mean if you substitute reiatsu with ki and shikai and bankai with the different saiyan forms, you got yourself Bleach Ball.

Honestly though I think what attracts people to Bleach and Naruto is not only action scenes but the actual plot and drama in the stories which I think were much better than DBZ. Although I haven't watched or read that much DBZ past the Namek/Frieza arc, I think the character development and storytelling were much better in Bleach and Naruto. Kubo Tite and Kishimoto have a way of keeping you hooked and guessing about things to come in the far future while DBZ seem...yea...I mean how many episodes was the spirit bomb being charged?

Appears I've talked alot...~

Yeah, that is the main thing that makes Bleach and Naruto better than DBZ. I won't mind any more powerups to a certain extent if we continue getting great stories. But for me, I'm just willing to accept one more powerup for Ichigo before I get the opinion of Bleach is turning into DBZ. After that the only way I could accept Ichigo getting more powerful is by learning the other existing skills and mastering his current skills.

Ichise(Shinn)
August 17, 2006, 06:20 AM
all the mangas are the same...= all the mangas are equal to Dbz
dude gains power-> villian stronger appears-> dude needs more power ->dude gains more power-> dude defeat villian ->new villian appear ->dude needs more power for the new villian ->dude gains more power..
want me to keep going ? XDD i don't think that theres a end for that XDDDDDD
anyway if you don't like its becoming into dbz why you keep watching ? lol
Dbz was great even though i think i hate it now ., on 10 o 20 years when bleach and naruto have ended we'll say "naruto sucks and bleach sucks" ...like you ppl seems to do now with dbz...

SacredNic
August 17, 2006, 06:35 AM
all the mangas are the same...= all the mangas are equal to Dbz
dude gains power-> villian stronger appears-> dude needs more power ->dude gains more power-> dude defeat villian ->new villian appear ->dude needs more power for the new villian ->dude gains more power..
want me to keep going ? XDD i don't think that theres a end for that XDDDDDD
anyway if you don't like its becoming into dbz why you keep watching ? lol
Dbz was great even though i think i hate it now ., on 10 o 20 years when bleach and naruto have ended we'll say "naruto sucks and bleach sucks" ...like you ppl seems to do now with dbz...

That's a rather subjective viewpoint.

As Urazz pointed out DBZ took the whole power up thing to ridiculous levels and never focused on techniques. Naruto sets the limits and generally sticks to them (with the exception of a few occasions, which I'm a bit miffed about :notrust)

I can name three occasions off the top of my head where Naruto wasnt able to do anything, regardless of how much 'power' or inner-strength he had.

1. His fight against Kabuto, which left him unconscious
2. His fight against Gaara
3. His current training session with Kakashi

Now had this been equal to DBZ as you say, we would have seen Naruto go into a stance, cry out 'aaarrrugggh' a lot... see close ups of veins appearin', followed by more energy, and then more 'aaarrrugggh' (which I'm sure the voice actors got sick of after the third season!), and then more energy....

Repeat the cycle over three episodes and then you have a classic DBZ moment.

:tem

Ishiken
August 17, 2006, 07:17 AM
Zangetsu has already shown what is probably the next technique that Ichigo will learn with his Bankai, that of having Multiple Selves fighting at once. If Bleach was truely DBZ Ichigo would have beaten Grimjaw in the rematch and Grimjaw would have been forced to release his Soul Slayer. If it was DBZ like then Rukia would have not been able to kill an Arrancar with her Shikai.

gigantor21
August 17, 2006, 09:22 AM
^I concur. What separates Bleach from DBZ is that there's still a level of unpredictability in regards to the way people's powers work. I, for one, don't think that Tensa Zangetsu as we've seen it is what Ichigo is really capable of in Bankai. After all, look how useless it was against Grimmjow--if that's really as strong as it can get, then Ichigo won't have any more room for growth after he masters his Hollow powers.

If that's the case, then Kubo will have to throw in some ridiculous plot twist in order to give Ichigo the power he needs to beat Aizen. And like I've said before (not that anyone cares) there's no way that anyone is going to beat Aizen off of sheer brute strength or spirit power. It's going to take something more than that--and Ishiken's idea of having copies of himself fight seems like a pretty viable option. You can't really hypnotise illusions...

Anyway, I digress. While I do agree that Bleach is influenced by DBZ, and that there is a tried-and-true pattern when it comes to shonen plotlines, I think that Bleach is better because, simply put, it still has a degree of unpredictability and innovation that was lost in DBZ after the Freeza arc. If it really did feel like it was degenerating the same way DBZ did, then I wouldn't read it anymore. Plain and simple.

Urazz
August 17, 2006, 03:31 PM
^I concur. What separates Bleach from DBZ is that there's still a level of unpredictability in regards to the way people's powers work. I, for one, don't think that Tensa Zangetsu as we've seen it is what Ichigo is really capable of in Bankai. After all, look how useless it was against Grimmjow--if that's really as strong as it can get, then Ichigo won't have any more room for growth after he masters his Hollow powers.

If that's the case, then Kubo will have to throw in some ridiculous plot twist in order to give Ichigo the power he needs to beat Aizen. And like I've said before (not that anyone cares) there's no way that anyone is going to beat Aizen off of sheer brute strength or spirit power. It's going to take something more than that--and Ishiken's idea of having copies of himself fight seems like a pretty viable option. You can't really hypnotise illusions...

Anyway, I digress. While I do agree that Bleach is influenced by DBZ, and that there is a tried-and-true pattern when it comes to shonen plotlines, I think that Bleach is better because, simply put, it still has a degree of unpredictability and innovation that was lost in DBZ after the Freeza arc. If it really did feel like it was degenerating the same way DBZ did, then I wouldn't read it anymore. Plain and simple.

Exactly, the weaker characters can still do some damage and possibly kill the more powerful enemies. This is partly what makes Bleach different.

Not only that but I don't think we really need to have Ichigo get any new levels of power. We haven't really fully explored Ichigo's shinigami powers and then there is probably some other skills he can learn when he wears his hollow mask. Once he masters those, then we can talk about giving him a new final level of power or something.

Ichise(Shinn)
August 23, 2006, 09:18 AM
Now had this been equal to DBZ as you say, we would have seen Naruto go into a stance, cry out 'aaarrrugggh' a lot... see close ups of veins appearin', followed by more energy, and then more 'aaarrrugggh' (which I'm sure the voice actors got sick of after the third season!), and then more energy....

uh...i though we were talking about bleach but well since you are at naruto xDD
we already have naruto with the arghh if i'm not wrong.-..the veins no...more energy ? uh..the chakra he is envolved while using kyubi tails ? XD
naruto crying before part 1 end after sasuke just empale him with the hand (empale thats correct ? lol)
uh...if you have read part 2 you'll see a few moments like this
anyway the whole "naruto powering up" is stupid..he have the kyubi if he just let the kyubi use the 9 tails there ain't "power up" since he have been with that from the start ...
but well bleach is other thing...since there are alot of things we don't know for sure and how much the shirosaki power can grow (since to me it seems like what happen is that theres no limit on how much a hybrid power can grow)

glasskatana
August 23, 2006, 03:38 PM
:sigh

This is my first post in the Bleach section. I just started reading Bleach and I'm already realizing this. Of course it's also happening in Naruto. The saddest thing is that this isn't always the fate of fighting manga as so many imply. Rurouni Kenshin never had vast over-powered things like this. Granted Kenshin was strong from the beginning but still, nothing like DBZ, Naruto, and Bleach.

In the end though, the only thing you can do is read to the end or just stop reading. Personally I'm too attached to story lines to just stop reading, so my only option is to continue reading. And if the story ends and I never read it again, that's the way it will be.

sojiroseta98
August 23, 2006, 04:13 PM
From a respect point of view i'd have to say regardless of whether we've all outgrown dbz or not the simple fact of the matter is that yeah all of those type of fighting anime styles WILL end up being compared to DB regardless i mean lets face it without DB coming to north america and simply killing or (overpowering lol) the rest all these animes wouldn't be so varied its because a manga/anime like db exists that these shows even have that chance the way i see it db for back then was untouchable and to compare these new ones like naruto or bleach, well hey if i were the creators i'd say i'm on the right track i'm sure thats something we can all agree on

Either way the whole powering up factor will always be present and prevalent because you can't go without it, ultimately however its just a matter of the time because i think its just the stage where they are at, the best way to look at it is that ok: you gain power, you train to utilize it, you then learn to control it and learn new techniques, but hey once your techniques aren't effective (and i mean unless your technique is point the finger=death) there's always gonna get to a bloackade point where in order to learn new techniques, for your body to be able to sustain them for example, then its back to the part of the cycle where you train TO GAIN MORE POWER....its a stage is all i'm getting at and i would give my vote of confidence to the creators of naruto and bleach (who have done a great job so far, minus fillers lol) and assume they will not stay at this stage forever....but ultimately this stage is always necessary after a while i mean think about it you guys really think naruto's gonna be able to beat sasuke or even uchiha jus cuz he's got all 9 tails, or that Ichigo will be able to take on Aizen simply because his power will have grown tremendously...nah that would be the end for both shows at least on credibility lol....ok i'm done ranting though

karina
August 29, 2006, 01:08 PM
Meh, I can see why people say Bleach is looking more like DBZ, but I think the opposite. In DBZ, if you werent a Super Saiya-jin, you basically sucked balls. And by the end of DBZ, even a Super-Saiyan was useless, only if they fused together that would mean something. In Bleach, no one is being left behind. Sado and Ishida have obtained new powers and mantain a pretty big role in the series. The captains arent left behind either, as we've seen in the Whitey-chan vs. Luppi fight, a captain can kick an Arrancar's ass. It's true Bleach is going in the direction where people are obtaining new powers, but that's the deal with most series as far as Im concerned(just look at Naruto). But my point is that, unlike DBZ where only one or two character were actually capable of doing something, in Bleach all the main characters play vital roles in the series. It's not just about Ichigo gaining power and kicking ass by himself; it's about he and his friends kicking ass together.

Boss
September 03, 2006, 01:46 PM
Have anyone actually noticed how much the author actually focused on Ichigo knowing fighting techniques? Lemme correct that, I mean how much he focused on fighting techniues in the middle of the manga. Now look at it now, it's just a battle of POWER, just like in DBZ. They just threw the whole "battle experience > power" out the window. *Same thing happening with Naruto but let's not get off-topic*

I dunno about you but I would rather see more kickass moves/techniques the character do like when Ichigo was trying to get his Ban Kai rather than just a battle of brawl.

dude every single anime you've seen that has "spirit energy" or "ki, "nen", "chi" "reiatsu" "chakra" all of that shit is from DBZ. now, I don't understand what you mean by he threw learning techniques out the window. learning all of your zanpakutos tricks and trades takes normal shinigamis thousands of years. your watching a show filled with prodigies however. Bleach has never been only about fucking techniques. with techniques without power behind them they'd be useless. in a fighting manga power is all that matters. if you want to see a good anime/manga without "blasts" or "chi" then watch berserk or read vagabond, but you'll still see that it comes down to the way you weild your sword and the strength you put behind it.

kobisaki
September 05, 2006, 12:00 PM
bleach is not overpowered yet. if there is something beyond bankai or the arankaru or visored then it will be too much but it's beareable for now!

as for naruto, he will not use kyuubi anymore, so it's not overpowered either yet.

Jammin
September 06, 2006, 12:00 PM
As i've stated before I don't think Bleach is ever going to be very much like dragon ball Z. But if it was, would that really be such a bad thing? I mean as long as they keep some variety in the fights i don't think it would bug my if everyone's power level kept going up and up until they are all pretty much gods.

As long as every fight is still based on the differant abilities of their swords then I don't see how the fights could get repetitive. In my opinion the same holds true of Naruto, as long as the battles are about strength+conflicting techniques and styles rather than just strength i'm not going to have any problem everyone becoming ungodly strong and fast. In fact i think i would perfer it that way.

Faust
September 07, 2006, 05:07 AM
Honestly I don't really notice if any anime or manga I watch/read reminds me of dragonball because I think most artists and authors are aware whether something their working on will similar to DBZ...if not them their editors/publishers/prospective companies. I think most artists will always add a new flare or twist in the story line or anywhere they can to help distinguish themselves from the many action/adventure shonen manga out there. To me the only thing that reminded me of DBZ was the last fight of Matrix Revolution... :notrust

Urazz
September 07, 2006, 05:16 AM
As i've stated before I don't think Bleach is ever going to be very much like dragon ball Z. But if it was, would that really be such a bad thing? I mean as long as they keep some variety in the fights i don't think it would bug my if everyone's power level kept going up and up until they are all pretty much gods.

As long as every fight is still based on the differant abilities of their swords then I don't see how the fights could get repetitive. In my opinion the same holds true of Naruto, as long as the battles are about strength+conflicting techniques and styles rather than just strength i'm not going to have any problem everyone becoming ungodly strong and fast. In fact i think i would perfer it that way.

It depends on how powerful you mean. Do you mean like in DBZ where they were able to destroy planets with a flick of a finger or just destroying a city with a bit of effort? We haven't seen characters strong enough to destroy cities yet (just about the equivalent of a few city blocks I think) and I rather not have them exceed that point. That's the point where things get ridiculous.

Most manga I've read established some limits on what the characters can do. So I'm not too concerned with Bleach and Naruto turning into DBZ (Especially Naruto, where techniques and strategy seems to reign supreme.)

gigantor21
September 08, 2006, 08:14 AM
It depends on how powerful you mean. Do you mean like in DBZ where they were able to destroy planets with a flick of a finger or just destroying a city with a bit of effort? We haven't seen characters strong enough to destroy cities yet (just about the equivalent of a few city blocks I think) and I rather not have them exceed that point. That's the point where things get ridiculous.

Most manga I've read established some limits on what the characters can do. So I'm not too concerned with Bleach and Naruto turning into DBZ (Especially Naruto, where techniques and strategy seems to reign supreme.)

Well in Naruto's case, there have been lapses in that model, particularly during Sasuke vs. Naruto. But for the most part, you're right, and I agree with you--the way that the fights are presented and orchestrated by Kubo Tite and Kishimoto make their respective series way different than DBZ, and I think they'll stay that way.

In terms of the limits on power in Bleach, I think we're pretty much there--mostly because of the over-the-top asthetic of the fights. It looks like H-bombs going off whenever people are slammed into the ground, for Christ's sake. Keeping that in mind, I don't really see the characters getting by with more raw strength and reiatsu density--as I've said before, that isn't going to be enough against Aizen.

So I don't think we have anything ot worry about, really...

juUnior
December 28, 2006, 06:05 PM
hmm Bleach is good at aspects of power in characters story, but if you look only at Ichigo, you will see really great aspect fo dbz story line Goku: his improvements to all other characters. In other words, Ichigo is the type which will be powered and powered, and now he stops with his vaizard form, so: shinigami, bankai, vaizard, what will be next huh? Yes, yes, its part of the story but how you look at it, it looks like another power-up transformation from Ichigo.

btw. another opionion why i little more like Naruto than Bleach :x

dr_ndr
April 21, 2007, 05:50 AM
i think power growths and new opponents are a must in mangas like these but when it gets ridiculous the mangaka should stop. thats also what i think about DB.
it gets ridiculous after some point -> SUPER SAIYAN 8721412414265124 :P
i dont think they shouldnt remove/improve their body limits but it got too ridiculous.
i really liked the first part of Dragon Ball.

and i have nothing against ichigo gaining hollow powers but it shouldnt get to the point where the hollow inside ichigo follows into a gillian -> adjucas -> vast lord chain each time giving him more and more power.

also naruto was never about raw power. naruto allways had more chakra than other people around but he couldnt control it well enough and learned how to do that. though i think it was a lame idea to have 1000 clones do same thing at same time give him an accelerated growth when he was learning wind natured chakra manipulation. it would be better if naruto learned how to manipulate wind chakra while he is away with jiraiya. they train for 2 and a half year and jiraiya doesnt think its necessary to teach naruto how tecniques are done and how he could use his nature manipulation...

Endrance
April 21, 2007, 11:12 AM
The author of Naruto has noted himself that he draws alot of influence from Dragon ball z, so has his brother who writes some other manga I forget the name of. As someone has already noted, Naruto battles usually depend on how cunning the combatants are rather than their growth. Growth is actually a large factor in the Naruto storyline, look how far Naruto has come since he was a child to adolescence. In comparison to Bleach, the characters within the Naruto universe draw a lot of their strength from inner and emotional power rather than external energy. That isn't to say that this is completely absent in Bleach, because the benefactor for so many power-ups in Bleach is emotions and inner termoil.
It's hard to determine which is more like Dragonball z, Naruto's latest jutsu is almost a carbon copy of an attack from Dragonball z, with the sole exception being how he executes the attack. Then again, a prime example in Bleach is Yami/Ulquiorra assaulting the real world parallels the invasion of Nappa/Vegeta.
I think a lot of this draws from anime in general, the bigger, aggressive guy is generally the weaker of a duo, while the smaller, more reserved guy is substantially stronger. Most people just relate to Dragonball z when they see this. I'm sure the author for Dragonball as it's spin-offs had numeros influences as well, so it really is difficult to determine where exactly the root of all this is.
I'm not getting anywhere with this. :)

ran0001
April 21, 2007, 11:15 PM

He's trying to master his hollow tranformation. That's enough for me at the moment.
BTW the same thing isn't happening at Naruto since most of them are learning/have learned
a lot of new jutsus.

gwhunting
April 26, 2007, 11:09 AM
Naruto doenst have that much power ups if you think about it...I mean he can be 100 times more stronger ...and he has to if he wants to be a Hokage....Unlike Bleach and DB Naruto actually does have a story....

Bleach totally doesnt have a story all it does is kidnap some friend and boom a rescue mission...Do u know how absurd that is? And talk about the power ups..It seems like all the captains who are atleast 100 years old are kiddie fries to Ichigo and hell even to all those Arrancars if the Arr...are these stronger how much stronger would Aizen be ...Damn it seriously needs resoning in the story...And one more thing Kuba pulled two fathers out of his ass and made them powerfull characters....

Evil Mind
April 26, 2007, 03:09 PM
I think a lot of this draws from anime in general, the bigger, aggressive guy is generally the weaker of a duo, while the smaller, more reserved guy is substantially stronger. Most people just relate to Dragonball z when they see this. I'm sure the author for Dragonball as it's spin-offs had numeros influences as well, so it really is difficult to determine where exactly the root of all this is.
I'm not getting anywhere with this. :)

"Aww but the little guy hasn't done anything yet and you know its going to be cool"
-Homer Simpson-

well along that line anyways.

ran0001
April 29, 2007, 02:23 AM
Naruto doenst have that much power ups if you think about it...I mean he can be 100 times more stronger ...and he has to if he wants to be a Hokage....Unlike Bleach and DB Naruto actually does have a story....

Bleach totally doesnt have a story all it does is kidnap some friend and boom a rescue mission...Do u know how absurd that is? And talk about the power ups..It seems like all the captains who are atleast 100 years old are kiddie fries to Ichigo and hell even to all those Arrancars if the Arr...are these stronger how much stronger would Aizen be ...Damn it seriously needs resoning in the story...And one more thing Kuba pulled two fathers out of his ass and made them powerfull characters....

Rescue missions? Naruto has a lot of those too. Over-powering characters? Naruto has them too.Characters who are suddenly revealed as strong? Naruto has them too.

So if you're gonna complain about Bleach, don't do it while praising Naruto. As a lot of the faults you pointed out in Bleach are also present in Naruto . If you're really that much of a Bleach hater and you really have to criticize it,at least point out some faults that only Bleach has. You're being unfair to Bleach. If you don't like it, don't read it. No one is forcing you to.

Stone
April 29, 2007, 07:19 PM

Thats becorse that unlike in Naruto where Naruto knows more of the script and have more to say to it...Ichigo In Bleach is more of an Actor/chesspiece.
Bleach is far more realistic when looking at this. I know it helps the readers,viewers to know whats going on... but at this time the main character ain't the one pulling the strings.

LongShot
April 30, 2007, 09:45 PM
my biggest concern is to "how will the power-ups be applied"...thats was the worst part developed in DBZ

a main character 7875645456484984 times stronger than the 2nd strongest of his group...thats so ridicolous, imho, their power should be somehow close each other to not make the others characters just a bunch of crap that has to be saved all the time

when Ichigo starts to gain power-ups from nowhere and become some god-like if compare to the others, than my friends Bleach become a DBZ

Vegetoacs
May 01, 2007, 09:50 AM
In reading through, the predominant cause for concern seems to be that Bleach will turn into another DBZ primarily based around stupidly delivered powerups....but if we understand anything about Kubo, it's that he seems to be fairly aware of this, as shown by his similar leveling of other characters.

But in recent times, despite ichigo's enormous power boosts, he's been throughly defeated each time. I agree with the person earlier that said if this were becoming DBZ, he would have forced grimmjaw to release when he put on his mask.

Every adversary ichigo has come up against has been to the point of overwhelming. I think the privarion espada were mostly thrown in as levellers to indicate our characters werent being completlely overwhelmed.

But perhaps the reason Kubo put Uloqurria in ichigo's way so soon was to wind the arc down on the note that ichigo couldnt beat the espada through strength alone, and would have to go back to refining his techniques and powers.

Rightly so really, because Getsuga Tensho has been established as the customer's favorite enemy destroying technique since 1904 XD

So what is left to ichigo is to go back and refine himself as a warrior and utilise his friend's strengths as well as his own.

This has been another reason bleach is essentially different to DBZ. We've our hero's fighting back to back against the same opponent. As recently as the latest chapter, we're seeing indications that ishida and renji will take down zael together....DBZ, in every fight, had the people fighting off one on one, no matter what arc.

I think my handle in general indicates i was once a fairly heavily involved DBZ fan XD. I enjoyed the anime as a kid, and perhaps thats why we might have enjoyed it while it was on...simply because we were younger, and didnt expect as much in terms of storyline :P. As one gets older, one wants a more indepth storyline with few plotholes or gimics. The same could even be said for the manga community. You wont see toooooo many manga's now that follow the old DBZ route, espicially if they're to be successful. As a community grows older, does it not expect bigger and better things? Video games are the perfect example here. We can still enjoy the "classics", but really love the new focus on attention to detail.

Anyway, i think thats probably about as far as i can go without digressing too heavily :P It's probably good this topic got dredged back up, given the current plot developments in both Naruto and Bleach indicating that new arcs will be starting/started soon.

wonderhollow
May 02, 2007, 02:48 AM
I don't see much sense in saying that Bleach might turn into another DBZ.
first of all, DBZ'z story starts with a villain destroying a planet with one finger.So that set the tone for the power ups, which does not apply to Bleach.
So far, power ups have had a clear ceiling, and i don't think it will fall into any didiculous category.
We can say Ichigo this or that, or vatro lordes this and that. what i see is that Ichigo is paying the bill for the fast paced power ups, and the rest doesn't seem to destroy any logic in the world of Bleach, there's plenty of room to explore.

and if Bleach becomes another DBZ in terms of length and emotion, i will be extremely pleased. and if it enjoy it's long popularity, ill be the happiest person on earth.

gao_dargon
June 05, 2007, 02:29 AM
i was looking on the internet and i found this pictures (the other ones r posted on the one piece,naruto and eyshild proper section) and i thought that was a verry cool idea and well hope u like them as much as i do

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8687/titetaitokubobleachtrubhk6.th.jpg (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=titetaitokubobleachtrubhk6.jpg)

Silhouette
June 05, 2007, 05:59 AM
Wow all of the DBZ characters look especially cool when drawn by KT

Thanks for sharing

OS.Hoshi
June 05, 2007, 02:25 PM
.....=_= Hmm.. I really like how Picolo looks. Kubo is really good at making mad, evil men faces XD But I don't dig Trunk's & Vegeta's looks so much > .>

Thanks for sharing! =D Tori-sensei is great! *bow to him* XD

Naelyan
June 06, 2007, 04:05 PM
That's really good, I have liked to see more of the main characters thought, like how'd look a super saiyan drawn by tite kubo... anyway, thanks for the pic

Oblivion
December 26, 2007, 05:52 AM
is this supposed to look like the vegeta and nappa arrival or is it just coincedence?

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/191/05/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/191/06/

DragonMoonZ
December 26, 2007, 10:11 AM
Whahahha very good find, just like the saiyans arrival, yeah i think so to, the big weak one and the strong small one, its a DBZ ripp-off, but keep in mind, Kubo Tite was very inspired by Akira Toriyama, he even continued Bleach thanks to Toriyama's praise;)

Ayle
December 26, 2007, 01:57 PM
I think so too. Nice find.

JioFreed666
December 26, 2007, 03:49 PM
and now that you think about it when Ichigo and Yammy fought it was kind of Goku VS Nappaish except for Nappa didn't lose an arm and no scouter and the words "it's over 9000!!!" where invovled with the ichigo yammy fight

Neuroff
December 26, 2007, 04:06 PM
Haha, people were talking about this when the chapter came out. I'm sure Kubo made it parallel to Dragonball on purpose.

MegaX
December 26, 2007, 05:18 PM
and now that you think about it when Ichigo and Yammy fought it was kind of Goku VS Nappaish except for Nappa didn't lose an arm and no scouter and the words "it's over 9000!!!" where invovled with the ichigo yammy fight

You're right, it was just like that. Except for the part where Ichigo lost.

Koen
December 26, 2007, 07:14 PM
is this supposed to look like the vegeta and nappa arrival or is it just coincedence?

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/191/05/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/191/06/

When I saw it back then, I was thinking the same. Though the situation and outcome were completely different

_ATMA
December 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
lolol i never really noticed or thought about it but now that u mentioned it. i see the parallelness to it

hollowdemon
December 26, 2007, 11:17 PM
lolol niceee dudee !!
haha well yammi did manage to lose an arm later on so that could still mirrored dbz too :p

AngryChubbs
December 26, 2007, 11:56 PM
good find dude...i wonder what other things mirror bdz. maybe kubo is a dbz fan

kazuma_uzumaki
December 27, 2007, 01:01 AM
words "it's over 9000!!!" where invovled with the ichigo yammy fight

randomness but in the original japanese version it was " IT'S OVER 8000" hassenijouda

dreamzsai
December 27, 2007, 12:25 PM
How about that with the Noitora(skinny/small) and ReleasedTesla(BigFatCow) vs Kenpachi with Noitora detecting Kenpachi at "over 8000"? xD

DragonMoonZ
December 28, 2007, 04:44 PM
And just like when Goku arrived just in time, Ichigo also arrived just in time to save Chado, but hey its shounen, if you look very good you'll find more of this kind of things shounen isnt super-original

gigantor21
December 28, 2007, 04:50 PM
^ Very true, indeed. And Bleach is a prime example of that.

Anyways, I prefer the tank version of their entrance page--it's much cooler. Anyone have a link to that one?

Neuroff
December 28, 2007, 05:46 PM
^ Very true, indeed. And Bleach is a prime example of that.

Anyways, I prefer the tank version of their entrance page--it's much cooler. Anyone have a link to that one?
Both versions are posted in this thread: http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23563

Manga-Rain should have it in their scans too.

DragonMoonZ
December 29, 2007, 10:20 AM
Huh there were are 2 different versions ?? Gotta pay more attention next time, thanks! And yeah the second is way more cooooooooooooler:blink

hollowdemon
December 29, 2007, 11:35 AM
the whole grimmjow vs ichigo battle could mirror vegeta vs goku too.
Where grimmjow almost died but manages to survive and many of us either believed hes going to be an ally for ichigo or not.
Haven't found exactly the pinpoint proof but eventually ill come back and post some if i found more :p

Streifen
January 07, 2008, 07:45 PM
yeah and old man yamma looks like master roshi.... :XD (well atleast to me.... :D)

kazuma_uzumaki
January 07, 2008, 07:49 PM
Huh there were are 2 different versions ?? Gotta pay more attention next time, thanks! And yeah the second is way more cooooooooooooler:blink

one is the manga version, the one printed in JUMP while the 2nd was printed in the tankbon although the american JUMP decided to use the tankbon ver. for their magazine

dreamzsai
January 09, 2008, 12:37 AM
the whole grimmjow vs ichigo battle could mirror vegeta vs goku too.
Where grimmjow almost died but manages to survive and many of us either believed hes going to be an ally for ichigo or not.
Haven't found exactly the pinpoint proof but eventually ill come back and post some if i found more :p

Grimmjaw is probably going to become an ally or something, since most "bad guys" die in their battles(the recent Espada battles being the best examples), Grimmjaw not dying versus the main character could really hint at him become good =)

henrikoez
January 09, 2008, 06:04 AM
Bleach has a lot of common with DBZ indeed. We must say thank you to Akira Toriyama for encouraged Kubo Tite to continue Bleach after it was rejected by Shonen Jump. I love the US version of the page. Looks more cool. :XD

Is there a lot of differences between the two versions?

patedecarne
January 09, 2008, 06:18 AM
well, at least the infamous " it's over 9000" isn't here!! in gamefaqs, the 9000 is the most annoying thing ever created, 9 in 10 topics is about this terrible fad, hehe
about grimmjow, his future is really uncertain, but if we follow the dbz line, grimmjow = vegeta, then grimmjow will marry with orihime or rukia???? that will be priceless!!!

hollowdemon
January 09, 2008, 05:23 PM
lol whoa
and then have a blue haired son or something? :D

haha nah that most likely wont probably grimmjow dying later since kubo isnt trying to mirror DBZ completely or not too similarly

ShinobiWrath
January 09, 2008, 06:51 PM
Aw cool, I always thought here were some resemblances in their partnership mirroring something like Vegeta and Nappa or Itachi and Kisame. Shorter, calmer guy, smarter and stronger than the other; Usually oversized brute with a slightly lesser mentality and ego issues, usually weaker. I must say though I never even considered this page.

Nice find indeed.

hollowdemon
January 15, 2008, 04:47 PM
i always thought of ishida to krillin .... is that weird ? lol :p

Tsukisama
January 15, 2008, 05:08 PM
Aw cool, I always thought here were some resemblances in their partnership mirroring something like Vegeta and Nappa or Itachi and Kisame. Shorter, calmer guy, smarter and stronger than the other; Usually oversized brute with a slightly lesser mentality and ego issues, usually weaker. I must say though I never even considered this page.

Nice find indeed.

Now that you mention it when Ulquiorra and Yammi appeared together, it was kind of like that. Hmm...:tem

decadencia
January 15, 2008, 06:39 PM
yeah and old man yamma looks like master roshi.... :XD (well atleast to me.... :D)

lol i thought that very same thing the first time i saw him too!!!:D

kazuma_uzumaki
January 15, 2008, 07:09 PM
If ichigo is goku, the grimjow reminds me of vegeta

loves to fight, arragont, etc.

Rukia maybe as chichi

ShinobiWrath
January 15, 2008, 07:21 PM
i always thought of ishida to krillin .... is that weird ? lol :p

Krillin=Ikkaku

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r34/sasukeDude/bleach-ikkaku_1174931830.jpg

hollowdemon
January 15, 2008, 08:37 PM
LOLOL i forgot all about ikkaku ....
haha thanx man ...
:D

patedecarne
January 16, 2008, 07:05 AM
Ichigo = Goku (protagonist, duuuhh)

Grimmjow = Vegeta ( first a bad guy, then become an ally and always saved by the protagonist)

Orihime = Chichi( logical choice, because seems that Ichigo and Orihime have close bounds, and have strong felling each other)

Rukia = Bulma(most logical choice, showed up in the very first episode and become a close friend with Ichigo, may has feelings to Ichigo, but it won't work because Orihime is in first place)

Ishida = Kuririn(yeah, even if kuririn is almost the same of Ikkaku, Ishida and Ichigo were close friends, but at first, they share a curious rivalry, just like Goku and Kuririn in Dragon Ball)

Chad = Yamcha(show up, then lose, show up, then lose, show up, then lose, you know the rest... never does a really important thing in the entire series)

Renji = Tenshinhan( at first fought with Ichigo, but then become allies and friends, not much resemblance here, but better than nothing)

Oblivion
January 16, 2008, 05:26 PM
Chad and Yamcha are really alike.

well yamcha > chad- yamcha vs. kami was a really nice part in the piccole returns arc. and unlike chad who has been given depth yamcha who really hasnt much depth still has more reason to be in the manga

hollowdemon
January 17, 2008, 05:48 PM
Ichigo = Goku (protagonist, duuuhh)

Grimmjow = Vegeta ( first a bad guy, then become an ally and always saved by the protagonist)

Orihime = Chichi( logical choice, because seems that Ichigo and Orihime have close bounds, and have strong felling each other)

Rukia = Bulma(most logical choice, showed up in the very first episode and become a close friend with Ichigo, may has feelings to Ichigo, but it won't work because Orihime is in first place)

Ishida = Kuririn(yeah, even if kuririn is almost the same of Ikkaku, Ishida and Ichigo were close friends, but at first, they share a curious rivalry, just like Goku and Kuririn in Dragon Ball)

Chad = Yamcha(show up, then lose, show up, then lose, show up, then lose, you know the rest... never does a really important thing in the entire series)

Renji = Tenshinhan( at first fought with Ichigo, but then become allies and friends, not much resemblance here, but better than nothing)

nice resemblances that you've figured out there brother :D
the chad = yamcha part was funny lol show up, then lose, show up, then lose haha
i did have that ishida thought of having that krillin spot in bleach since they are friends after all not by visual appearance i judged them by but by their roles.
Also good idea on rukia being bulma :D

Streifen
January 17, 2008, 09:41 PM
LOL!... rukia is goin to marry grimmjoww...... :D

kazuma_uzumaki
January 21, 2008, 08:45 PM
yeah but despite having the rivalship, Goku and Kuririn had a 24/7 best buddies relationship. And Kuririn was 10482058x weaker then goku >_>. Ishida may seem a bit like him, but he always denies his relationship with ichigo and he's only slightly weaker then ichigo

i sort of see the yamcha chad comparison but Chad didnt lose against that one arrancar and when he first got his arm thingy >_>
and though a silent one, chad has a more deeper history with ichigo then yamcha with goku. And if it weren't for chad there would've been plenty of times ichigo would've had his ass handed to him if it werent for chad >_> (namely before whole shinigami stuff)

i really do see rukia as being bulma though. I just dislike her marrying grimmjow....

Orihime would fill in for ichigo's lover slot but shes nothing like chichi. Orihime actually did something <_< while chichi talked... and talked... and talked.

I could see urahara as roshi. Both serves as a mentor, both have that wierd face when they're happy, both was unbelieveably stronger then their pupils before the training, both has some little thing to keep them company in their dark shack XD, etc. Roshi has turtle, urahara had little kids)

hollowdemon
January 22, 2008, 06:53 PM
instead of rukia marrying or hooking up with grimmjow i see a better prospect than rukia to do that ...

ta-da
its tatsuki !!
gotta fit her in somewhere right? since orihime is basically stamped by ichigo :D

Streifen
January 22, 2008, 11:27 PM
oh! i have one.... uhm..... its tatsuki (thanks to hollowdemon for mentioning, i almost forgot all about her), i see her as lunch (the blue haired chick that turns into super saiyan whenever she sneezes)
hahahaha! i bet nobody ever thought of that one!

i remember chichi doing something during the dragonball series, but by the time she married goku, she really did nothing but to scold goku and gohan..... and fight with bulma.... but orihime is obviously the closest one being chichi... i dont see anyone as close as her anyway...

hollowdemon
January 23, 2008, 04:43 PM
oh u mean launch ? haha well if thats the case
if tatsuki is launch then there has to be a tenshinhan somewhere that she will go goo-goo ga-ga about and i think that would be ....

RENJI !!
since he was the closest one to match tenshinhan
(was an enemy at first and tried to kill him by going all out battling but afterwards ends up to be an ally because of the good influence that the main character has around in this case rukia)
:p

Streifen
January 23, 2008, 06:18 PM
LOL.... yeah.... he was an enemy at first and then team up with the main man.... and both of them were left behind by goku and ichigo in terms of power..... LOL... :p

Oblivion
January 25, 2008, 06:40 PM
if only bleach had as interesting arc as db had. interesting, fresh and original....not chewed out zelda/mario like save the gal arcs....not that the bleach story is boring but the base is very oldschool

hollowdemon
January 26, 2008, 11:03 AM
i very much agree with you on that,
if only they have like a threat or an enemy thats located without a saving the girl base mission. It would be more of a war type like the anticipated winter war thats coming up but lets say from the dbz arc of the babidy one where the good guys gets mind controlled and be bad. Something similar like that and have them just go all out battle including isshin and co. of course since they need it too. :D

Oblivion
January 27, 2008, 03:25 PM
nah i dont hink anyone from the good guys wills tep on their side, aizen and the others already surprised is with that.

but a complex plot like the cell saga, would be cool

though right now we see a kind of boo like saga, the battles are always evolving and thus is the story. now that i think about it, after that much of midstory the story has to become a bit complex and better.

patedecarne
January 28, 2008, 06:51 AM
Metal Gear Solid 2 plot, maybe? Would be cool, bbuuuuuttttt, 95% from people here would understand nothing, but still we will have a totally complex and intriguing plot, the same for Xenogears, which is still more complex, but how kubo would manage such complex thing? I'm sure so many fans would scream, cry and etc, saying that the plot is complicated...

Oblivion
January 28, 2008, 12:16 PM
i dont think so, naruto and OP are kinda complex but still understandable.

its all about how you tell the story. well OP and Naruto arent really complex but coz only bits of the probably easy stories are told at a time, the plot seems intruging. in the end it comes to can kubo keep the story interesting from now on, now that he has introduced so much plot points.

seeing that he does use some DBZ similarities i guess the characters will end up ok. not that loved but also not hated.

hollowdemon
February 16, 2008, 08:14 AM
its pretty much different now that it took a turn in the las noches arc since theyre in an enemy territory which could probably relate to ...... maybe the frieza saga perhaps ?
but we still havent seen much other than battles so i cant simply say so.

About the metal gear type of story it would be WAYYYYYY to complicated lol most definitely i think so
:D