PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 358 Discussion [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2

bax
June 08, 2007, 01:18 PM
The RAW for chapter 357 is out!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13716)!!!

After that, go ahead and predict what you think will happened in Chapter 358 :amuse

Tias
June 08, 2007, 01:21 PM
Well it seems like deidera used his C2 to make that big dragon, and jumped on it, i can guess that this will turn into some kind of Ariel fight now, where sasuke uses CS2 to grow his wings, or maybe just partiel transformation......

man this is cool, ssuke can use lighting to fire it off now, this is getting insane :D
and tobi just standing up after getting a hit? wow

Panda
June 08, 2007, 02:23 PM
Well, I think Deidara's in for a spanking and hes gonna have to use stronger bombs.
Oh... and............ 2nd!!!!

Sharikaaria
June 08, 2007, 03:08 PM
I guess it'll just be more fighting between Sasuke and Tobi/Deidara. One part of me thinks Sasuke will beat Deidara, but that just makes me mad. Yeah, he's strong and all, but that's just lame if someone as cool as Deidara gets taken down. I'm getting sick of Sasuke's winning streak..

kangster113
June 08, 2007, 03:08 PM
i don't think c2 can effect sasuke that much. sasuke would kick ass

but remember in the gaara rescue arc, deidara used c3 to blow up the whole city but gaara stopped it with his sand technique.

daniel1983
June 08, 2007, 03:30 PM
So, Sasuke is fighting Tobi/Deidara.....but what about everyone else? Lets see what other storylines Kishi can add in too...

1. Sakura and Karin walked right past each other. Will some sort of confrontation arise out of that?
2. Naruto and the crew were left with nothing to do since Kabuto got away so easily. What will they do now?
3. Juugo was going into CS mode. Why?
4. What are Shino, Sai, Kakashi, and Kiba doing?
5. What is the rest of Akatsuki doing? Itachi and his buddy seemed to be thinking about something...
6. Did Suigetsu find out anything good from those two guys? and did he kill them?

...ha ha....and that is just a few.

I hope someone else shows up at the Sasuke fight....

....especially since we now know that Tobi can be cut in half and be completely uneffected...that has me wondering more than anything else.

sKaR
June 08, 2007, 03:38 PM
i think next week we'll c continuation of sasuke deidara fight.dei will get that c2 dragon....some more higher range explosions may occur but sasuke will take it down.The c3 might b introduced at the end of this chapter but i dont think it will.B ready for a chapter which takes the focus of the fight onto some other collision or interaction as many hebi n konoha r moving around n they r bound to meet.i personally think that suigetsu will return to sasuke first n join to atleast even the battle or to keep tobi busy as sasuke takes down deidara.I also predict this sorta arc will end wit sasuke beating deidara(deidara dies)tobi allowed to go to tell itachi some message from sasuke n naruto reaching a dead or dying deidara with hebi gone.But since that team shino/kiba also here v may c juugo face of against 1 of them to make it interesting n to involve them in atleast minor way.

Slippers
June 08, 2007, 03:54 PM
But Tobi should have an impact in this fight because it seems like "that" requires 2 people

Anyways
Tobi + Deidara vs. Sasuke + Karin and Sakura?
Just a guess

wooticus
June 08, 2007, 04:01 PM
Tobi used Kakashi-style Mangekyou Sharingan to teleport the blade into another dimension for a second (or perhaps his body..) ;-)

at least we will see some tobi action next chapter.. or maybe his part in "that" is just disctracting the enemy by doing something stupid and ridiculous..

there are too many simultaneous possibilitys at once in the moment.. this kind of irritating. i think the next chapters will go on with one half sasuke vs deidara/tobi and one half of somebody else, but not naruto next time, perhaps sakura/karin oder yuugo.

and i just hope kakashi will join sasuke against tobi/deidara.. so sasuke has his "sempai" with him too ;-)

pcxxy
June 08, 2007, 04:15 PM
So, Sasuke is fighting Tobi/Deidara.....but what about everyone else? Lets see what other storylines Kishi can add in too...

1. Sakura and Karin walked right past each other. Will some sort of confrontation arise out of that?
2. Naruto and the crew were left with nothing to do since Kabuto got away so easily. What will they do now?
3. Juugo was going into CS mode. Why?
4. What are Shino, Sai, Kakashi, and Kiba doing?
5. What is the rest of Akatsuki doing? Itachi and his buddy seemed to be thinking about something...
6. Did Suigetsu find out anything good from those two guys? and did he kill them?

Thx for reminding us that many issues have just been started and we're waiting to see how the story develops at different parts of this world.

I predict that a couple of Tobi's abilities are going to be revealed, which may probably be some ways to restrain Sasuke or diverge his attention so that the dragon can do it with a BANG.

I don't know if it'll hurt Sasuke's pride too much but maybe at some point, one of the Hebi members will return and team up with Sasuke against Deid/Tobi

i Like this chapter a whole lot.. I can Kabuto taken over by Orhochimaru some day to come.

Back on sasuke.. This guy surely impressing me. lol i can see sasuke doing what i always say.. Going to CS2 and fly. because there is no way he can catch diedara from the air with out some air jutsu..

Tobi won't die. since he seems to have some kind of jutsu like Hidan. that make him hard to die.

But diedara will get beaten by sasuke.. Diedara going to fight sasuke like he did garra. lol

I like the way sasuke is able to use is element as a needle.. I can see sasuke trying some thing like that on Naruto if they ever fight again. with Naruto using wind on him..lol

But we have to see what the rest of the leaf & hebi team doing.. so kishi got some thing in store for us..

daniel1983
June 08, 2007, 05:00 PM
Thx for reminding us that many issues have just been started and we're waiting to see how the story develops at different parts of this world.

No problem....ha ha.

Another funny thing about what is happening with Naruto right now......the same thing is happening in Bleach...

In both manga, everyone recently split up and created individual storylines.....now instead of wondering about a single situation like we usually do... we are forced to wait on countless possibilities.

I almost expect the next chapter to show an attack by Tobi and Deidra.....ends in a big explosion, and we will jump into another storyline and have to wait 4 weeks until we see what is going on with Sasuke.....

.....ha ha....that would suck.

Toad Sage
June 08, 2007, 05:22 PM
Back on sasuke.. This guy surely impressing me. lol i can see sasuke doing what i always say.. Going to CS2 and fly. because there is no way he can catch diedara from the air with out some air jutsu..

I scoffed at the idea that Sasuke could fly, but perhaps you are right! Sasuke has identified the source of Deidara's explosions, so if he's going to be in the air on this dragon or whatever to attack, then it might very well be that Sasuke alights to counter him.

Overall, I predict Sasuke is going to win this battle. I think next chapter we are going to see Tobi and Deidara execute this combination move of their's, and the chapter ending with Sasuke is a seemingly dangerous position. But, as I said, I think he'll overcome whatever they throw his way, possibly by flying...

I don't think we're going to see much of Naruto next chapter, but instead what the other teammates have been up to. If Kishimoto doesn't return to Sakura's brush with Karin, maybe he'll flip over to Kakashi and what he's up to. Some people earlier predicted that Kakashi could help Sasuke, so maybe we'll see Kakashi coming to his aid next chapter. I wouldn't totally discredit that possibility either at this point.

manufn619
June 08, 2007, 05:23 PM
cs2 sasuke
vs.
tobi-obito
Deidara
kabumaru

hope sasuke pwns them

heiky0711
June 08, 2007, 06:49 PM
My prediction:

The battle between Sasuke and Deidar continues. This time i think we would see Sasuke's ability and from what he have learned from orochimaru for the last 3 years. I guess the ones against naruto and oro was a sneak preview. Plus i got a feeling tobi might screw up the whole plan. i may be wrong.

It would be interesting to see how Deidara's fight will reach to. This time there might be a few more jutsus that we have yet to seen ( i'm relying on Kishi now). Unlike Gaara, Deidara would have the intent to kill sasuke because for obvious reason, he's not a jinchuuriki.

There are other possibilities in the next few chapters:

1. Suigetsu's investigation, he may gain some important and surprising informations.

2. Possible confrontation between Sakura and Karin.

3. Naruto etc, they could reform the leaf group back maybe to analyse the book.

4. Kakashi could intefere the ongoing battle. (i think he's on his own, so there's no one to hold him back)

5. Maybe Shino and Juugo because those two have something in common, animals and nature. My theory suggests that the animals that they've assingned to ( Juugo - bird) and ( Shino - bugs) might accidently meet or something like that.

6. Not sure about Kiba, but he could sense something important or encounter with a new character.

USC Trojans
June 08, 2007, 07:11 PM
Next chapter

1) Aerial battle with the Dragon able to spit out bombs. Sasuke goes CS2, grows wings, and flies to fight against Deidara.

2) Tobi will be on the ground acting silly as usual, but at the end will catch Sasuke off guard when he uses "that" move

3) We'll see a bit of background information on Akatsuki from the black book...and on one of the pages describes Tobi's abilities just as he unleashes it on Sasuke

CetLot
June 08, 2007, 07:53 PM
Well...nice chapter

at last we can stop hearing about these Tobi=Obito theories...I think the kind of jutsu says it all..

I predict that we are going to find out about the book 3/4 Kabuto left :P

Uchiha Slayer
June 08, 2007, 08:09 PM
Very easy prediction,

Just like the end of the chapter said sasuke gets trap by deidara using some C2 bulls$%t...

On the Naruto side, Naruto look in the book kabuto left for him...

predictions for next weeks chapter is a given.

Black/Light
June 08, 2007, 08:59 PM
"at last we can stop hearing about these Tobi=Obito theories...I think the kind of jutsu says it all.."

. . . .What does this prove? If Obito is alive and well as Tobi than I would asume he would have gained alot of jutsu or SOMETHING would be different. We don't even know if that was a jutsu in the first place (Hyper fast dodge fake out/ regeneration/ teleportation with the MS3 into a fake out if he is Obito).

My guess is that Sas gets into some hot trouble and someone from the leaf helps him out.

shachi
June 08, 2007, 10:16 PM
I think that we won't see very much of Sasuke, Deidara, and Tobi in the next couple of chapters. This is too good an opportunity for creating suspense, so I expect the next couple of chapters will deal mainly with Konoha and Hebi before the fight's climax.

I've been wrong before on situations like this; I thought the Sasuke/Orochimaru battle would have taken several chapters, but it was over in 2 or 3? Anyway, if this happens again, this will serve as both short/long-term predictions.

Sasuke has Deidara's main skill figured out, but this chapter foreshadowed his unfamiliarity with Tobi's abilities. So, it would not surprise me if Kishimoto develops the plot by having Sasuke caught off-guard by Tobi's mysterious abilities again, and effectively placing him in a precarious situation.

Since it seems like a good thing, story-wise, to keep Sasuke's newfound powers vague, we won't know whether or not Sasuke could have escaped from this predicament on his own. I expect Sai or (I hope) Kakashi to interfere, which will not only draw out the battle but complicate things in a good way.

And if Kishimoto would like to complicate things further, he could insert a parallel plotline that features Juugo going berserk w/o Sasuke to keep him in check.

GaaraoftheDesert77
June 08, 2007, 10:32 PM
I think Shino and Kiba will find Juugo and faceoff. and Sakura and Karin will sense each other again. I dont know about Sugiestu. Sai,Kakashi or Yamatos team will find Sasuke and the Akatsuki. Sasuke will own Deidara and Tobi will own Sasuke.

MadDog
June 09, 2007, 12:03 AM
I don't know if it'll hurt Sasuke's pride too much but maybe at some point, one of the Hebi members will return and team up with Sasuke against Deid/Tobi

I was thinking that Juugo might join the fight since he was last seen loading up his curse seal and ready for action.

Other predictions...

Deidara's Dragon will catch Sasuke off-guard with something unexpected like breathing fire.

Tobi will try to capture Sasuke by phasing part of his body into the ground, trapping him for an explosion.

Sasuke's will kick-in his CS2, take it to the air, and kill Deidara who's last ditch C3 "artwork" will catch Tobi, and not Sasuke.

Tobi will be shaken-up, however, will escape Sasuke's interogation on Itachi's whearabouts when Juugo stumbles on the scene in full CS2 Rage Mode and starts going buck wild.

Gold Knight
June 09, 2007, 02:24 AM
So far it seems like people here are mainly interested in:

C2 Deidara vs CS2 Sasuke?

I think that Sasuke will only have to achieve partial CS2 in this battle to achieve victory. I don't think that Kishimoto wants Sasuke to appear not ready for his confrontation with Itachi. Sasuke showed a definite resilience to Deidara's C1 bombs, as he only seemed to have acquired a few scratches from such a point-blank detonation.

Although the idea of a "flying CS2 Sasuke counterattack" is definitely possible, and this may indeed be Kishimoto's way to introduce that ability. I doubt that these mutated wings of his are just for self-defense.

But remember, it's not just Deidara that Sasuke has to face off against. Although Tobi doesn't seem to have the ability to be able to keep up with Sasuke's speed, he's still going to cause some trouble for him, too...

What will Deidara and Tobi Do Next Chapter?

Deidara's C2 dragon certainly seems formidable, and I have no idea what sort of attacks it would do that might daunt Sasuke at all. It might just be a decoy for Dei/Tobi's "that" attack though.

What is their attack? Apparently it was strong enough to subdue the Three-Tails, so it's got to be something pretty impressive. I have a feeling we're finally going to find out more about Tobi next chapter.

I've never believed that Tobi was the reincarnation of Obito. I don't think his getting up after Sasuke's sword strike was any indication that he was using Mangekyou Sharingan, BUT he could have some sort of subtle teleportation or form-shaping ability. We'll see.

Other Side-Battles!?

As daniel1983 said in post 6, there are still plenty of occurences going on other than the Tobi/Deidara battle.

I think Sakura and Karin will eventually meet up as well. I don't really believe that Karin possesses an ability to be able to mislead Kakashi's puppies THAT well, and they'll soon realize after following the scent around that it does lead to Karin. After all, they recognized instantly that the scent was going the other way when Sakura passed Karin.

I don't think Kabuto will appear again. He's said as much that he only wants to fight Sasuke right now to achieve a measure of revenge for Orochimaru's defeat, and when he doesn't want to be found, I don't think he will be.

I've completely forgotten about Juugo, but his CS2 was probably more meant to be a "red herring" for the dramatic scenes at the end of chapter 355. Still, that's a good point, what exactly was he going into that mode for? He was whispering to a bird that had seemed to have seen something for him. He may have been the one to have seen Itachi or Kisame, and will be the one to guide Sasuke to him (after the latter's battle with Deidara/Tobi ends, of course.) Suigetsu seems to be well on his way on gaining some information, as well.

I think one of these groups - Shino, Sai, Kakashi, and Kiba - will eventually find Sasuke.

The rest of the Akatsuki are probably busy searching for the last bijuu before Naruto...
[hr]

I think that we won't see very much of Sasuke, Deidara, and Tobi in the next couple of chapters. This is too good an opportunity for creating suspense, so I expect the next couple of chapters will deal mainly with Konoha and Hebi before the fight's climax.

I've been wrong before on situations like this; I thought the Sasuke/Orochimaru battle would have taken several chapters, but it was over in 2 or 3? Anyway, if this happens again, this will serve as both short/long-term predictions.

shachi, I think the Deidara/Tobi/Sasuke battle IS meant to be suspense itself for the later confrontations that Sasuke is really looking for, though.

Sasuke has Deidara's main skill figured out, but this chapter foreshadowed his unfamiliarity with Tobi's abilities. So, it would not surprise me if Kishimoto develops the plot by having Sasuke caught off-guard by Tobi's mysterious abilities again, and effectively placing him in a precarious situation.

That's a very good observation; Sasuke is going to be more wary of Tobi than Deidara because he still doesn't understand his abilities. In fact, I wonder if that doesn't mean that Sasuke is going to somehow underestimate Deidara and regret it... after all, Deidara is the same Akatsuki that took down Gaara. Sasuke probably has no idea.

Since it seems like a good thing, story-wise, to keep Sasuke's newfound powers vague, we won't know whether or not Sasuke could have escaped from this predicament on his own. I expect Sai or (I hope) Kakashi to interfere, which will not only draw out the battle but complicate things in a good way.

And if Kishimoto would like to complicate things further, he could insert a parallel plotline that features Juugo going berserk w/o Sasuke to keep him in check.

Hmm, Juugo coming in eh? That would be pretty interesting. I'm still hoping for Shino though. Think about it: Bug Boy and the Avenger back together! Like old times ;)

UzumakiRoman
June 09, 2007, 07:36 AM
i think that Naruto may look at the book and find a weakness for deidara, and want to pick up
where he and deidara left off in the save Gaara arc. i also think that Deidara's C2 will be loud enough and bright enough to bring everyone right to the fight!

Gold Knight you bring up a good point if Juugo is the one who found Itachi and Kisame! everyone may get to Sasukes fight and just miss it, but pick up the trail which will bring everyone to Itachi and Kisame!!!

ornis
June 09, 2007, 07:54 AM
Tobi may sport a mechanical torso. So if by chance Sasuke figures... it would be to his advantage to short circuit Tobi's body...

A la 357, Sasauke's Chokuto lacked a shroud of Chidori. Sasuke only engaged Yamato with "Chidori Chokuto" to halve a kunai... Tobi may have to attack Sasuke before the Chidori Chokuto is drawn against the mechanical character... and it seems that either any explosion is hard for Tobi to weather or explosives with an extra touch of lightning are equally bad... maybe worse. Sasuke should moderate his chakra usage now just to gauge Tobi though the Uchiha retains a larger body than when he fought at the Valley of the End.. . I'd say Sasuke's increased size correlates with a large chakra pool... He should last longer.

I'd predict a use of any weapons Sasuke picked up from the Cat Shop... maybe he'll pop a soldier pill if he still lacks the stamina to endure a lengthy battle and isn't too proud.. than again he may hold those weapons just for his encounter with Itachi... perhaps that's why Raiton attacks are being used at the moment (for quick removal of Deidara & Tobi from Sasuke's path)

//Also, Spark + Earthen object = flame/combustion based on chemical properties... Raiton +Katon equals Explosive clay most likely

dasher232
June 09, 2007, 07:56 AM
Blue Hair and Leader Revealed who would have thought it would be Hinata's mom and Naruto's real Dad!.

Nah just joking next week i'll guess that the fight carries on Sasuke goes on the defensive and Tobi brings his stuff to battle. Sakura either ends up following Karin or reaching very close to Sasuke. And Naruto, Hinata and Yamato read the black book with a big surprise. Maybe they find out something shocking about Deidara or Tobi and switch back to the fight.

Dan Dappa
June 09, 2007, 08:03 AM
I think that Sasuke will probaably kill Deidara after a little while of fighting, and Tobi will injure Sasuke then Naruto or smebody interferes then Sasuke runs away like a little girl.

toyin
June 09, 2007, 08:32 AM
I thought Akatuski members are supposed to be secretive even among themselves, not even showing there major techinques to there partners only during technical combinations . So whatever, that book is about is probably not about there techniques because Oro would simply have found out their weakness and risk his life to kill them pair by pair or do they even sleep together...................(a little off topic!!!!!!!!)

Kakashi and Sai where in similar area( landscape) with were sasuke is fighting now (355) may be they will be the ones to save sasuke from this mess.

Karin will be confronted by Sakura and Sakura will be really mad because:: what is Sasuke's scent doing all over her oh my god don't tell me he has been.......Lol. May be karin will be in ther air by then after one super human punch.

hope shino and kiba will not be pictures in this arc, i want to see them in action.
[hr]
Question:

WHO SAID: "whats that" sasuke or tobi.

dasher232
June 09, 2007, 08:37 AM
I thought Akatuski members are supposed to be secretive even among themselves, not even showing there major techinques to there partners only during technical combinations . So whatever, that book is about is probably not about there techniques because Oro would simply have found out their weakness and risk his life to kill them pair by pair or do they even sleep together...................(a little off topic!!!!!!!!)

Kakashi and Sai where in similar area( landscape) with were sasuke is fighting now (355) may be they will be the ones to save sasuke from this mess.

Karin will be confronted by Sakura and Sakura will be really mad because:: what is Sasuke's scent doing all over her oh my god don't tell me he has been.......Lol. May be karin will be in ther air by then after one super human punch.

hope shino and kiba will not be pictures in this arc, i want to see them in action.
<hr noshade size="1">
Question:

I'm pretty sure most if not All Akatsuki members have knowledge about each other that's beyond just oh ''he has sharingan, and he has a sword''. For one Sasori mentioned in a chapter that he'd never been pushed as far during his fight with Sakura since joining Akatsuki. Plus that along with Deidara's mentioning Itachi's level of Doujutsu makesme think they all have pretty in depth knowlegde of each other's fighting styles.

I'd personally like to see Deidara tease Sasuke about beaing weak reguardless of having the sharingan in relation to Itachi just to see his reaction.

ornis
June 09, 2007, 09:11 AM
I believe Deidara was implying that Sasuke's eyes are double-edged swords: yes, they aren't Sasuke's own power but they stem from his lineage (they aren't entitled to him and they aren't the utmost power a ninja could possess) but furthermore Sharingan could weaken him if he merely relies on them and acquires the chakra draining MS-level of dojutsu... So, Deidara may confuse Sasuke's intent with Itachi's---which should spite Deidara later on: it's an assumption, for if Deidara believes Sasuke seeks the MS, then Deidara is blind from experience with only a MS-level Uchiha

Sasuke utilizes different powers (Team Snake; CS2; Chokuto's meaning) aside from just Uchiha blood and Uchiha related assets (Sharingan; Katon; non-elemental Projectile Weapons) ... Sasuke varies from the exemplary Uchiha prodigy (Itachi) on many levels though we know not if Itachi can learn or has concealed that he knows how to exercise Raiton attacks...

dasher232
June 09, 2007, 09:19 AM
I believe Deidara was implying that Sasuke's eyes are double-edged swords: yes, they aren't Sasuke's own power but they stem from his lineage (they aren't entitled to him and they aren't the utmost power a ninja could possess) but furthermore Sharingan could weaken him if he merely relies on them and acquires the chakra draining MS-level of dojutsu... So, Deidara may confuse Sasuke's intent with Itachi's---which should spite Deidara later on: it's an assumption, for if Deidara believes Sasuke seeks the MS, then Deidara is blind from experience with only a MS-level Uchiha

Sasuke utilizes different powers (Team Snake; CS2; Chokuto's meaning) aside from just Uchiha blood and Uchiha related assets (Sharingan; Katon; non-elemental Projectile Weapons) ... Sasuke varies from the exemplary Uchiha prodigy (Itachi) on many levels though we know not if Itachi can learn or has concealed that he knows how to exercise Raiton attacks...

Ornis i'm very well aware of Deidara's intentions with the comment. I would just like to see if Sasuke still retains this over zealous rage when Itachi's name is mentioned in the same breath as his.

jmitchell
June 09, 2007, 11:09 AM
I think that Sasuke is going to learn some surprising information from this fight. Kakashi defeated Deidara with his MS, but Sasuke at this point does not know that Kakashi has the MS. Remember that Sasuke did not kill Naruto because he did not want to follow his brothers footsteps in activating the MS. Kakashi has managed to figure out how to activate it without killing a friend. Perhaps that knowledge will cause Sasuke to seek out Kakashi to learn how he activated the MS without going through Itachi's method.

Konkun
June 09, 2007, 11:09 AM
I predict more comedic comments/actions from Tobi. He's so lay back =O

Gold Knight
June 09, 2007, 11:25 AM
About the Black Book: I think it's more a bingo book on known Akatsuki subordinates, which could eventually lead Naruto and his team to Itachi even quicker than Team Hebi. Since the latter is currently searching for Itachi through the subordinates, too (as Suigetsu showed a few chapters ago by interrogating Kakuzu's cronies.)

UzumakiRoman, about Deidara's explosions potentially bringing everybody to the battle - I think many of them are all too far away. Konoha IS a big place, after all... and we've already seen that Team Hebi has separated long enough for two of them to be in urban environments. (What was Sasuke doing, anyway? Picking dandelions? Tsk...)

Tobi having a mechanical torso... lol! Sadly, that might be possible! ALL the Akatsuki have shown a tendency to be more than they seem, especially physically.

So... will Tobi reveal himself to be Obito next week?

Tobi: BEHOLD! I shall now demonstrate the ultimate Uchiha technique - one that Itachi's never even dreamt of! YES I AM OBITO!!11

Sasuke: Who is that?

Fortisdiablos
June 09, 2007, 12:45 PM
Question:

What part are you referring to?

laughing@you
June 09, 2007, 02:07 PM
To the question Who said 'Whats that" that was sasuke when he turned around and saw Tobi still alive. He was pretty sure he sliced him. Tobi has displayed some kind of inmortality. Man yet another akatsuki member that doesn't die. Come on!!!!

The part I didn't understand was when deidara threw a lot of those spiders towards sasuke and then sasuke did what? chidori? or his new jutsu?

Sasuke is getting outmatched here!!! Eventhough his fast I don't think he will be fast enough to clear away from the blast of that dragon. And everybody on his hebi group are close-range fighters unless this new gal shows something new. In any case I don't think she will make it until the end of the fight!!!

My prediction:

Juugo found kakashi's group.

Sasuke shall get some scars from this fight but he will not loose!!!

shamoo
June 09, 2007, 03:50 PM
This is shaping up to be the FIRST full fight for Sasuke since the 3 year break. We actually have not really seen any major new Sasuke jutsu. He's shown a little chakra manipulation, advancement in his doujutsu ability, but no major "uber chidori" or whatever type move.... whereas we have seen SEVERAL of naruto major moves, the 4 tail blast, oodama rasengan, rasen shuriken, etc.

Oro once stopped Sasuke when he was about to use a move, and said "Don't use THAT." I have a feeling we are going to see what THAT was. I have a feeling there's a chance Sasuke might not even go to CS2 yet. If he has to go all out against Deidara, what chance does he have against Itachi? I think and the end of this encounter, we still will not have seen Sasuke max out.

Remember, Sasuke doesn't level-up from fight to fight like Naruto... a little, but Naruto has always been the one gaining major levels in short times. I think Kishi has developed Sasuke, and from now until he meets Itachi, we are going to see the "same" Sasuke without much leveling up.

It's quite corny, but it looks like Deidara will eventually use the explosive "C4" so i guess we know the fight will last until then. Sasuke will next be caught off guard by Tobi's ability, it will seem like he's caught, he'll smirk, and get out of it, then comes C4, then comes bye bye deidara.

I scoffed at the idea that Sasuke could fly, but perhaps you are right! Sasuke has identified the source of Deidara's explosions, so if he's going to be in the air on this dragon or whatever to attack, then it might very well be that Sasuke alights to counter him.

lol well, its so obvious that kishi give sasuke wings to fly. and naruto wind element so he can do the same in some sort of way.. But Naruto is undevelope at this moment.. When naruto is complete he'll be the master of wind.

But i predicted: Kishi will show some sort of view on Juugo and the other leaf village.. and he'll show naruto picking up the Black book kabuto brings for him..

Sasuke will be shown dodging diedara bombs until he force to use Cs1. then when Diedara upgrade to C3. sasuke will either go CS2 to block diedara attack. and diedara will think he killed sasuke. but as soon as he take is self lower to the ground sasuke will Chedori him.. - thats if kishi don't just go ahead with my normal plan for sasuke flying as soon as he gets to CS2.

THETRUTH.com
June 09, 2007, 05:14 PM
Prediction

The Leaf-nin will go back to their check point to talk about "black book" and Sakura finding his trail, then relocate to her position. Deidara and Sasuke continue to fight while Tobi cracks jokes.

cyberlink2
June 09, 2007, 05:45 PM
i predict that tobi (obito) will goof around a lot but in a dangerous manner along with deidara and his C2 therefore sasuke will have to use his curse seal and fly like deidara and his C2 dragon then Suigetsu and naruto/kakashi will realize there is a loud noise and destruction in the forest so now suigetsu and kakashi/naruto will both race to the battle but
option 1
suigetsu will reach there first helping sasuke by taking on tobi(obito) by himself
and sasuke going head to head with deidara and his C2 dragon

option 2

kakashi will reach there first and fight tobi/obito and see obitos sharingan

thats all i got but if any thing like this happens it will be spread out over 3 or 6 chapters

ANBU4U
June 09, 2007, 07:14 PM
I don't really see Sasuke getting any help this fight. Though if anyone shows up it'll be Hebi.

I'm fairly certain this whole situations been set up to give Sasuke some street cred against Itachi and give us a hint at how deadly the elder Uchiha is when Sasuke has a hard time scratching him. I mean we dont really know all that much about Itachi and to build more suspense Kishi needs to hype the fight.....

In my mind I see Itachi being able to take out any Akatsuki pair by himself without any real trouble...so Sasuke attempting the same seems reasonable to me. I imagine he'll hold his own...coming out with a few scratches and some moderate wound as a result of his own jutsu (Naruto style). Still, I wouldn't be too shocked if Kishi pulled him out with one kill to his credit and nothing more than some mild exhaustion (Tobi escapes)....this fight is just a showcase after all. Expect the biggest trouble to come from Tobi, as he's being showcased as well, Deidara on the other hand is an old bag....expect his definitive exit from this series as soon as he whips out his C3.

Furthermore I predict nothing more than a partial CS2 transformation on Sasuke's part if that.

As for Naruto's end...I expect a somewhat useful, though essentially pointless regrouping.

EvilChemo
June 09, 2007, 08:20 PM
we will see deidara' hands ripped off ... by sasuke...
Sasuke knows the source of the explosions.. ,
why not cutting Deidara hands...
[hr]

I don't really see Sasuke getting any help this fight. Though if anyone shows up it'll be Hebi.

I'm fairly certain this whole situations been set up to give Sasuke some street cred against Itachi and give us a hint at how deadly the elder Uchiha is when Sasuke has a hard time scratching him. I mean we dont really know all that much about Itachi and to build more suspense Kishi needs to hype the fight.....

In my mind I see Itachi being able to take out any Akatsuki pair by himself without any real trouble...so Sasuke attempting the same seems reasonable to me. I imagine he'll hold his own...coming out with a few scratches and some moderate wound as a result of his own jutsu (Naruto style). Still, I wouldn't be too shocked if Kishi pulled him out with one kill to his credit and nothing more than some mild exhaustion (Tobi escapes)....this fight is just a showcase after all. Expect the biggest trouble to come from Tobi, as he's being showcased as well, Deidara on the other hand is an old bag....expect his definitive exit from this series as soon as he whips out his C3.

Furthermore I predict nothing more than a partial CS2 transformation on Sasuke's part if that.

As for Naruto's end...I expect a somewhat useful, though essentially pointless regrouping.

If Sasuke was able to take an Akatsuki pair .... Akatuski would lose my interest in them...

Sky9
June 09, 2007, 09:03 PM
good day to all..Sky9 here.
been followin' the manga ever since so i'm not here to act like a knowitall for my 1st post.
but I'm very impressed so far with this scrap fest, theres alot of good nins runnin' around
thirsty for battle, and what a treat to see Sasuke and Deidara set it off. Great match up..
Tobi is the odd man out and thats very dangerous..but this is Oro's prodigy(Sasuke) we're
talkin' about..so he's very polished from the looks of things. He's already got Deidara pullin' out the C-2 and Tobi feelin' he's lost his sempai. How vicious is Sasuke? I think he's gonna pull this victory on Deidara like someone mentioned and get pulled outta the
battle for a sec..I'd like to see Junngo put a hurtin' on someone, just cause he's been locked away for soooo long.
Naruto should'nt see too much action just for the fact he did alot of cell damage after the
kukazu fight..he should be more of a analyzer for now.
peace.

Mendes
June 09, 2007, 10:22 PM
I think Deidara will use his C3 right after failing with the C2 dragon. Sasuke will most likely evade it with CS2 wings like many said here. I think the impact of the C2 will call the nearest teams, and the C3 impact will call every team that's not engaged with a fight already. I think Naruto's team will get distracted with the explosion and loose Kabuto with it. This last said he wanted to avenge Oro's killer, so Hinata could detect Kabuto with Byakugan near the place the explosion came from, and the team will move into that spot. Then we may see an agreement with Hebi and Konoha to deal with Akatsuki and Kabuto, as everyone wishes for Kabuto to disappear and at least one alive akatsuki to interrogate, it benefits both Hebi and Leaf to team up. Anyway, this is very interesting and it can only get better xD

Oh and pls dont keep as a fact that Obito is Tobi... coz it is just a possibility... and I really dont think its likely to happen either

Fortisdiablos
June 09, 2007, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE=laughing@you;426688]To the question Who said 'Whats that" that was sasuke when he turned around and saw Tobi still alive. He was pretty sure he sliced him. Tobi has displayed some kind of inmortality. Man yet another akatsuki member that doesn't die. Come on!!!!/QUOTE]

Oh, that part? I think what he had actually said was "koitsu" meaning "this guy" which gets the same point across I guess.

WildBeast
June 10, 2007, 12:19 AM
tobi just a cute guy LOL... i pretty like his personality and character... even in serious battle he just goof around... Who knows? Maybe the next chapter when they executing their plan, tobi screw up again and deidra start scolding him and sasuke use that opportunity to atk them offguard but tobi is able to counter and display his true skill...?

Serpent
June 10, 2007, 04:38 AM
I have my hopes up about finding out the identity of AL and the blue haired member from kabuto's (seeing how oro was in akatsuki) black book and maybe some background on the other members

Kaborochi
June 10, 2007, 05:25 AM
The book that Orochimaru compiled on Akatsuki would probably contain information about members all the way until Sasori (meaning that Hidan was probably not in that book since he seemed to be a new member at that point). This means that, like Orochimaru, there might be some other ex-member out there that can lead to more information about Akatsuki should the book not suffice.

I am predicting that for the next couple of weeks, the manga will focus on the battle between Sasuke and Tobi/Deidera. However I believe there will be exchange of words about Akatsuki, the organization and its members, and while Sasuke is determining that new information we will see Naruto and the gang learn that same information through the bok that was given to them by Kabuto. If things go according to how I predict, it should prove to be interesting:eyeroll

daniel1983
June 10, 2007, 10:14 AM
Kakashi also said something along the lines of "don't worry about the radios, the dogs can hear everyone in the area we are going to spread out in" before the teams split up.....

If Sasuke is anywhere in the area that Kakashi and crew are searching, don't you think that they would have ALL been aware of the fight due to the explosions?

That really makes me think someone else is going to show up at that fight.

zine
June 10, 2007, 10:40 AM
Shino and Kiba encounter Juugo, big big fight lol (sending cockroaches and Dog fleas at each other :P ). They'll report in Kakashi will get everyone and head too whilst Naruto, Yamato and Hinata look inside the book and notice it reveals Information on Akatsuki that Orochimaru has been gathering. Tobi will reveal his sexy techniques we all linger for :)

godofthesunn
June 10, 2007, 01:24 PM
I like the idea of finding out about the leader and blue haried lady in the book.. this puts an end to the long time problem of who they exactly are... considering that there is no one really left to know about within AK...I'm sure sasuke already knows the contents of that books anyways...

On another note.. I personally dont want to see a fight with juugo or karin or sugiteus... that just seems pointless for konoha to fight those people...

Deidra vs sasuke... hmm as long as sauske doesnt go stage 2 or heck stage 1 then i'll be happy because I would personally prefer if he stopped using that stupid cursed seal...Also i predict that sauske will take out deidra easily yet tobi will step in and really beat sasuke down then revealing his true identity at the same time that the bingo book reveals his info as well...

thats all i can forsee now

The bingo book would have nothing about Tobi. since Tobi join the Ak after sosori died. But i expect the book to give more indept of there plan. and more info on those yet to reveal.

I think sasuke might use that Jutsu that Orochimaru stopped him from using or he'll go CS2. i also see someone joining him in the battle against AK. who should rescue sasuke? Kakashi or Jouugo?

I think Tobi spotted Sasuke speed and uses a Jutsu in order to stop is sword from hurting him. Plus i also feel that before this battle is over. Tobi will show that he's not only goofy. he's also can get heartless if he's push to that limit.. Zetsu seems to be someone really evil and have the abilities to eat corpes and he likes Tobi. so i think that speak for Tobi street Cred's..

I think Tobi is more worried for diedara and is bag of patients in a bag. lol i wanted to see more of Hebi & the leaf.. and i hope kishi hurry and get over this sasuke battle. unless he going to show sasuke doing some hella cool jutsu..

Juggernaut
June 10, 2007, 05:17 PM
Probably the fight will continue and sasuke will get a beating from this new technique, but not lost yet. It will probably something similar to ever other chapter we've ever seen. the last cell of the last page is Sasuke in some apprently impossible situation and we have to wait till next week to see what happens.

Or...

There will be more fighting. We will see some cool moves from both sides. Then it will switch back to Naruto and his crew. the last scene will be him opening the book and having a shcoked look on his face. Then we will have to wait till next week to see why hes shocked. This will have everyone here crapping their pants about what it means. Like who the AL is and the blue hairs chicked or their true plans and what not.

Either way the chapter after next will not really answer much of anything and just be another cliff hanger. The vicious cycle will continue.

VincentV
June 10, 2007, 05:46 PM
IMHO we'll see a guest appearance of Ryuk... because Naruto received the Death Note O_o

Toad Sage
June 10, 2007, 06:41 PM
Once again, this is the weekly admonishment for those of you who repeatedly violate the rules of this forum to obey said rules :) I will be here deleting both your short, pointless posts, as well as your long, more well constructed posts, provided they are not predictions. Since the issue of a what a prediction is seems powerfully confusing to many, I want to clarify that you are more than allowed-even encouraged-to bring your discussions of various character abilities, trumps, etc. to the many other threads and sections we have set up for such topics. However, if you carry on here about the above, and it is not immediately relevant to a prediction you are writing about, then I shall delete it, and your efforts will have only been in vain. Hence, in order for everyone to profit, and that means predicting here, and having your more careful, but digressive in this thread, posts given the consideration they deserve, I once more strongly submit that you obey the site rules :)

Wearily,
TS

SOCKSnTHONGS
June 11, 2007, 12:41 AM
to me its clear that sasuke will wipe the floor clean with deidara. i mean he is a lightning user which beats earth, he could probably also fly with cs2 and he is way faster than deidara anyway. also he can fight well close/middle/long distance esp. cuz we havent seen his full capabilties with chidori

Face Cannon
June 11, 2007, 01:17 AM
I predict Sasuke will be using a series of overpowered moves and abilities, and continue to be absurdly fast, even though it's lame. It seems like Sasuke's faster than Gai/Lee now, which really sucks. There'll likely be something involving Karin and Sakura, or some of the other guys besides Naruto or Sasuke. I also predict that, as usual, the chapter will be way too short.

cerventus
June 11, 2007, 03:10 AM
I perdict, Karin and Sakura will join the Sasuke FC.

real Perdiction: Sasuke will Summon Manda.

cfdgl
June 11, 2007, 05:40 AM
we havent see until this far that sasuke is long range fighter here....having wings doesnt mean that he is long fighter since sasuke must approach to close deidara too in the sky.except he has jutsu that can be thrown or fly (like suriken or kunai).
and i dont think that obito is tobi. since ofcourse the day when obito died Kakashi or team from konoha must dig n bring obito's corpse home to konoha....we often see the scene where kakashi is alone in front of obito's GRAVE in konoha.
next chappter i think that sasuke will call forth manda to help him

Mendes
June 11, 2007, 06:24 AM
and i dont think that obito is tobi. since ofcourse the day when obito died Kakashi or team from konoha must dig n bring obito's corpse home to konoha....we often see the scene where kakashi is alone in front of obito's GRAVE in konoha.
next chappter i think that sasuke will call forth manda to help him

I also dont think Obito is Tobi, but I got the idea Kakashi goes to the stone with the Killed In Action people's names in it. The same where he tested team 7 with the bell's test. I'm not sure Obito was buried, coz his body was smashed in enemy territory, if i recall well. Still, I think they at least confirmed he was dead after the 4th cleaned the area out of enemies

jodi
June 11, 2007, 06:40 AM
I predict that Tobi will tell his story, telling everyone that he is third's son and father of konohomaru.
Sarutobi
saruTOBI

xD

rudorudo
June 11, 2007, 09:25 AM
Lol don't count that theory out since we have no hard evidence on his backstory, he does have spiky black hair like the other 2 sarutobis but then again the Sasuke and Shino has the same hairdo.

I wanna see something out of the blue like Tobi the most unlikely looking Taijutsu user turns out to be The Greatest Taijutsu Champ of all time, then of course he starts whooping Sasuke since the Sharingan isn't quite fast enuf to analyze Taijutsu-moves. Or He turns out to be a summoner, there hasnt been a ninja infamous for summoning various creatures is there....

OhDearMoshe
June 11, 2007, 10:49 AM
Hmmnnn. Well I predict Sasuke will get backed into a corner and then will release some form of curse seal ( sad I know) and the fight will even out a little. I also predict the opening of the little black book.

On another note however Obito was crushed and it wasn't his grave Kakashi visits its the list of Nin's who died in action. Though I still don't support the Tobito theory!

LadyHatake
June 11, 2007, 12:21 PM
There's no need to go into the Tobi-Obito theory here ^^; We do have a separate thread for that, after all. Just stay on topic, and keep predicting about the upcoming chapter ;)

jerger
June 11, 2007, 01:49 PM
i am not sure if it hasn't been stated yet... but sasuke is stuck fighting tobi... however he is extremly lucky for picking the 7 swordsmen's student (forget name) who has similiar qualities... i believe naruto co and sasuki hibi are going to run into eachother, then help defeat the akatsuki (it took 2 teams to beat the last group too)...

naruto vs diedara (or maybe kakashi)

then vampire looking sword guy vs tobi (similiar qualities)

THETRUTH.com
June 11, 2007, 03:31 PM
Naruto group will be shown opening book looking surprised.

Scene change to TD about to launch their attack. Tobi tells a joke Diedara screams at him maybe Sasuke trying to analyze Tobi's escapability(that he didnt catch with his sharingan) while thinking he could be the real threat.

Quick cut back to Naruto/Hinata/Yamato at the checkpoint with Bull calling the other teams. A shot of were everyone is when the dogs hear the message Sakura will be right behind Karin. Everyone goes to the cheackpoint. Sakura's info will take priority.

Back to Sasuke with his hands full as they TD launch a combo attack. Thinks back shortly to the emphasis placed on teamwork in Konoha. He evades several attacks while he thinks of a strategy.

End with Konoha on the roof with Kakashi about to hand down new orders.

Double Helix-7
June 11, 2007, 03:57 PM
I don't think Sasuke would need much helps defeating Deidara and Tobi. At least one or two persons, not the whole group. We'll probably see something interesting about Tobi, and Sasuke will be in a tight spot, although he won't get defeated. If he's to be faced with Itachi, this shouldn't take all of him.

ANBU4U
June 11, 2007, 04:15 PM
Lol don't count that theory out since we have no hard evidence on his backstory, he does have spiky black hair like the other 2 sarutobis but then again the Sasuke and Shino has the same hairdo.

I wanna see something out of the blue like Tobi the most unlikely looking Taijutsu user turns out to be The Greatest Taijutsu Champ of all time, then of course he starts whooping Sasuke since the Sharingan isn't quite fast enuf to analyze Taijutsu-moves. Or He turns out to be a summoner, there hasnt been a ninja infamous for summoning various creatures is there....

The sharingan can in fact analyze and copy taijutsu moves. It's simply irrelevant if the user is unable to move his body in-time to react to or copy what he sees.

iirc, the only thing the three-tome sharingan has been unable to follow is the the number of needles shot out by the FRS.

godofthesunn
June 11, 2007, 04:42 PM
There's no need to go into the Tobi-Obito theory here ^^; We do have a separate thread for that, after all. Just stay on topic, and keep predicting about the upcoming chapter ;)

Are you a moderator? ... i dont want to be rude but why cant the tobi obito thing be discussed here?.. its a valid predection

Face Cannon
June 11, 2007, 05:29 PM
The Tobi/Obito thing has its own thread, and it's dragging the main topic further and further away with predictions related to things that may occur next chapter.

Sasuke is apparently also a mid-range or long-range type now that he has that lame move where he throws lightning. It may be possible that he'll just pelt Deidra with lightning needles the whole time. Or use that one move which elongates his sword. Or whatever that was he did against Orochimaru.

ttxdragon
June 11, 2007, 05:31 PM
Are you a moderator? ... i dont want to be rude but why cant the tobi obito thing be discussed here?.. its a valid predection

Yes,
LadyHatake is indeed a global Moderator here.

Why can't tobi=obito be discussed here?
It wouldn't make much sense if we have an already over 50 pages long thread for that.
While it is a valid prediction, the discussion doesn't need to spread apart farther and should be centered to not make this thread a copy of the existing one.

I want to add that I don't think we have to further discuss this here, if there are more questions on this topic, feel free to pm one of the local naruto mods or globals you see around :) Further posts will be regarded as the off-topic spacefillers they would be and handled as such.

And now please go back to prediction the upcoming chapter,

greetz
ttxdragon.

Decorus
June 11, 2007, 05:36 PM
I predict that soon we will have Sai rescuing Sasuke. Sai Vrs Deidara the Ultimate battle of Art. Sculptures vrs Paintings.

warbandit66
June 11, 2007, 05:38 PM
I predict we will see deidara seriously injure sasuke but then be in-capacitated by a trick sasuke has devised using deidara's own bombs against him, tobi will then unleash a tyrade of strange jutsu on sasuke placing sasuke in a difficult possition, deidara will then feel inadequate in comparisson with his juniour and end up creating a potentially self harming bomb

fullmetalalchemist
June 11, 2007, 05:50 PM
i think diedara is just gonna get straight up owned, nut tobi is a difffrent story since we know nothing about him. If anything someone will come and help sasuke perhaps sasuke/naruto fighting together again????? lol

cerventus
June 11, 2007, 08:11 PM
Once the bingo book is open.
Naruto glanced in shocked.

Uzamaki , his family name. Is the same with the Akastuki Leader. Age: only a few years older as Naruto. A brother maybe?

@warbandit66 : yeah i was thinking that Sasuke will try to use Diedera's bomb against her. However it is Tobi disguise as Diedera.
Where the real Diedera use another exploding jutsu to capture Sasuke, by wrapping explosive around him.

Dierara : my C3 bomb will react to any justu you use. As long as you remind still, this bomb will wont blow up.

Sasuke: You think this is enough to hold me?

cfountain
June 11, 2007, 09:03 PM
I predict that the book given to Naruto not only has info on the Akatsuki but it will also have some type of information that will later lead Naruto into a trap. It may either lead him right into the hands of the Akatsuki Leader or lead him to a trap were Kabuto(Orochimaru) will try to take Naruto's body.

On the Sasuke Vs. Deidara/Tobi fight....I believe Sasuke will have some trouble with Deidara but eventually he will defeat him(but Deidara won't die). Then once Sasuke is about to finish Deidara, Tobi will step in and show of his powers that made worthy enough to be accepted into the Akatsuki. Their fight will end with Sasuke almost being defeated by Tobi but some one from Konoha will step in to save him(im guessing Sai or Kakashi, so each can have their own reunion with him.)

Well, that's my prediction.

Askia32
June 12, 2007, 12:07 AM
Um, for the bingo book to be a trap, that would mean Kabuto collaborated with Akatsuki. Not possible. I agree that Sasuke will defeit Deidara by himself, and he will get some help from a member of Hebi (even though it might appear that Sasuke doesn't need help) to injure Tobi before he can get away. Don't see Tobi fighting a 2-1 battle. He may seem dumb, but he has some survival smarts. After the end of the fight, Kakashi will be watching and will have pakkun bring the others, while Kakashi confronts Sasuke.

I'm also seeing Kabuto becoming quite the villain to advance the story(outside of akatsuki) a little more, and through his character, introducing another super villain that will play his role in part 3(gotta hunch, that I might share it).

Ripht
June 12, 2007, 02:18 AM
i predict that we'll see a battle with naruto in it at some point whether its itachi or itachi's partner. And they will talk about how slow naruto is and how weak he is. Then naruto will start to laugh or something a remove the weights from his legs that i bet he is wearing. I predict this because after the battle where he uses FRS and is back in konoha eatting with kakashi i think someone told him that his body just isn't strong enough to handle doin FRS and it isn't effective enough because he isn't fast enough and then he looked round and saw gai and lee and said "thats it". Or at least i think i remember seeing that hmm might be wrong though. But it would make sense or else how would be keep up with sasuke if they were to fight

toyin
June 12, 2007, 03:49 AM
I predict that Suigestu will come and help Sasuke, because Diedara wanted to know about him from Kisame.. how strong he was and all that crap.

Naruto and his group will open the bingo book (just like Sai's art book) and will be distracted by an explosion.

Karin will find out that someone is following her and then Sakura will reveal herself confronting Karin why sasuke scent is ALL OVER HER!! ( if you know what i mean).

For Juugo, i think he will go rampage and kill everyone in his site, than one of either Shino or Kiba will face him.

Sai and kakashi seem to be in the same area as Sasuke (as in landscape) so maybe the will also interfere. But if Sasuke gets beaten, that won't proof that he can't still kill Itachi after all he could have not requested the help of he's Hebi members if he was all powerful..... and all so Akastuki emm.....

shachi
June 12, 2007, 05:19 AM
As someone mentioned earlier, Deidara has to keep out of his explosives' blast radius. The higher he goes (C1, C2, C3), the further away from his target he must be.

That clay dragon ought to be able to generate huge gusts of wind. If that's true, then it maybe it is supposed to keep Sasuke far away from Deidara.

At the same time, perhaps this means Tobi uses the fire-element; in complementary fashion, the gusts of wind increase Tobi's fire jutsus.

VincentV
June 12, 2007, 10:05 AM
Since Sasukes Jutsu seem to be limited to Snake and Lightning Jutsu (or rather variations of the Chidori) (maybe fire as well), this should become a tough fight for him. Deidara can attack from the air, like he did with Gaara, so this should give him a superior position here. No matter how fast Sasuke is, he can't reach (or beat) Deidara when it comes to aerial battle.

And about the thing, that Deidara was almost owned by Gaara, I just can't agree. After capturing him, he said "It was pretty tough not to kill him" or something similar to Sasori. So I expect him to be stronger than that.

Anyway, considering this I think Sasuke will be owned pretty bad by Deidara and he will pull off some kind of crazy Uberjutsu (after all he hasn't showed a jutsu that could compete with the RasenShuriken so far) that turns the tables on blondie.

KingJosh
June 12, 2007, 10:32 AM
I think maybe kishi is about to show us how strong sasuke have become.
I predict that the next chapter we will see a lot about sasuke, and maybe we see naruto open the book

Seranel N'Ryt
June 12, 2007, 12:03 PM
My computer has some problem... oh my post T.T

Tobi may have some massive skill. he catched sanbi(Isonade) to use some jutsu

I think Sasuke will be dangerous

** if Kakashi helps Sasuke, Tobi is Obito Definately

Sky9
June 12, 2007, 12:36 PM
As someone mentioned earlier, Deidara has to keep out of his explosives' blast radius. The higher he goes (C1, C2, C3), the further away from his target he must be.

That clay dragon ought to be able to generate huge gusts of wind. If that's true, then it maybe it is supposed to keep Sasuke far away from Deidara.

yeah I agree with that..The C2 dragaon could provide a huge distraction for the C1 insect or bird bombs to get close to Sasuke..I don' t think Tobi will get close to Sasuke since he
could be within range of a blast..but still a very dangerous situation for Sasuke
( i'm sure he prefer that anyway):whoo :headbang

yemsta
June 12, 2007, 03:15 PM
Im qute curious to see what happens in the next chapter because the c2 dragon must have an interesting skill. If deidara is riding on the dragon the its not going to explode ( I think this is quite obvious). Therefore what is the point of using such an elaborate flying tool, he may as well have used his normal bird. Therefore the c2 dragon is going to change this fight.

Also it seems tobi are planning some sort of duo counter attack. I think firstly we will see some of the basic skills and fighting styles of tobi who should engage him in combat, then once the scene is set sasuke will be trapped by one of tobis techniques and the c2 dragon will move in for the kill. The chapter will end with death looming over sasuke's head. The chapter after that will show someone coming to his aid My guesses Naruto or kakashi.

Littlewig
June 12, 2007, 04:04 PM
Im qute curious to see what happens in the next chapter because the c2 dragon must have an interesting skill. If deidara is riding on the dragon the its not going to explode ( I think this is quite obvious). Therefore what is the point of using such an elaborate flying tool, he may as well have used his normal bird. Therefore the c2 dragon is going to change this fight.

Also it seems tobi are planning some sort of duo counter attack. I think firstly we will see some of the basic skills and fighting styles of tobi who should engage him in combat, then once the scene is set sasuke will be trapped by one of tobis techniques and the c2 dragon will move in for the kill. The chapter will end with death looming over sasuke's head. The chapter after that will show someone coming to his aid My guesses Naruto or kakashi.

Deidara probably thinks he can fight Sasuke from a distance, mainly in the air. Becuase of Sasuke's speed, there is probably his best bet.

Now, why not just use the bird? Well, it's a dragon, and what can dragons do? Breathe FIRE! Diedara is probably going to breathe something(not specifically fire) and use it as a combo with Tobi to try and kill Sasuke.

That's the only point I can see for having a Dragon.

lux200
June 12, 2007, 07:26 PM
I predict Tobi is gonna deliver one of deidaras cxbombs kamikaze style, as he seems untouchable.

shachi
June 12, 2007, 08:44 PM
Since Sasukes Jutsu seem to be limited to Snake and Lightning Jutsu (or rather variations of the Chidori) (maybe fire as well), this should become a tough fight for him. Deidara can attack from the air, like he did with Gaara, so this should give him a superior position here. No matter how fast Sasuke is, he can't reach (or beat) Deidara when it comes to aerial battle.

And about the thing, that Deidara was almost owned by Gaara, I just can't agree. After capturing him, he said "It was pretty tough not to kill him" or something similar to Sasori. So I expect him to be stronger than that.

Anyway, considering this I think Sasuke will be owned pretty bad by Deidara and he will pull off some kind of crazy Uberjutsu (after all he hasn't showed a jutsu that could compete with the RasenShuriken so far) that turns the tables on blondie.

To negate the distance that Deidara wants to create, maybe we will see Sasuke summon the Kusanagi sword, which can extend its length hundreds of meters at least. Or, we'll see how far he can extend that lightning blade jutsu (not Kakashi's lightning blade, but that jutsu he tried to assassinate Orochimaru with, that wound up pinning his wrists together).

Lord Rae
June 12, 2007, 08:51 PM
Or we'll see Sasuke fly with his CS2 hand/wing things... they haven't said anywhere that he can fly with them (we've mainly seen them used for a short glide and protection as an added guard) but people have been speculating and it would be a huge wtf moment for Deidra... he thinks he's out of range but then sasuke transforms and flys after him. Would put a serious dent in any plans he has.

Arashi Sendo
June 12, 2007, 09:08 PM
In response to the whole aerial battle issue...

Maybe one of Sasuke's CS2 abilities is flight? After all, he *does* grow a pair of wings and talks on and on about being a hawk, etc... maybe their's something to this. Also, in the last battle between Sasuke and Naruto (that took place before Part II), during their final clash, Sasuke is depicted flapping his hand-wing-thingies, launching himself towards Naruto.

Also, I happen to be one of the many believers of the Uchiha/Uchiwa/Tengu-lineage theory, so the thought of Sasuke taking to the air wouldn't surprise me much.

ferza
June 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
not sure if anyone has talked abt this...but given that kabuto has given the book to Naruto...i think the Naruto, Yamato and Hinata group will start reading the book, and find Deidara's weaknesses, and then they will arrive at the scene of the fight...

Naruto saving Sasuke (??? dont think the changes will be high, but...) and Sasuke gets really pissed off seeing how much NAruto has grown again in the short amt of time...and leave...

With regards to Deidara...dont think he will die, because i dont think the book has info on Tobi so Tobi will save his senpai...i guess

mrcongojack
June 12, 2007, 10:00 PM
My Prediction:
Naruto, Yamato and Hinata will glance over the book. It will probably contain a lot of previously known information, then Yamato will notice something and show Naruto and Hinata and they'll all be "Oh my...."

The scene will then quickly cut to Sasuke as he turns the heat up on Deidara. In the long term I think Sasuke will win but will not kill Deidara or Tobi due to his recent non-killing spree.

Even longer term I think Kakashi will run into Tobi as he flees the battle between Deidara and Sasuke. They'll start fighting and Tobi will reveal his Sharingan.

DarkManSharingan32
June 13, 2007, 09:53 AM
Anyways... for the next chapter...
I really hope we get a peek of what Itachi and Kisame are up to. Probably not. since there is too much going on in the story to slow it down that much. But it would be nice to see the weasel say something like... "Sasuke is close".
[hr]

The Obito conspiracy arises yet again :tem

I predict that it'll be a fight purely between Deidara, Tobi and Sasuke... and the outcome won't be revealed until Chapter 359 or 360.

If this fights end without SOMEONE from Konoha interrupting it...
It will mean a MAJOR fail.

I mean... who could miss a bigs as flying clay dragon, and the no doubt larger scale jutsu Sasuke is about to rattle off.

If this fight ends next chapter... maybe not.
But if it's longer than that, it's about a 90% chance of a Konoha nin walkin up on those mofos.

Let's keep thread from straying

Dimitrisama
June 13, 2007, 10:26 AM
First of all, hi all. Second we know that this chapter will be more focused in the fight between Sasuke, Deidara and Tobi. So the "black book" part will be short. We know that Sasuke will face some hard challenge so he'll probably have to use CS1 or CS2 in this chapter or the next. I don't think other people will interfere with their battle yet. Hopefully we'll see Tobi doing something more than playing dumb.

Toad Sage
June 13, 2007, 12:10 PM
Some of you may have noticed that your posts have been deleted from this thread. I am clearing out anything which includes more than a passing reference to the Tobi/Obito thread. I strongly encourage you not to post anymore about the incredibly boring and undeservingly elaborate Tobi/Obito theory, else you will be warned etc...

toyin
June 13, 2007, 01:14 PM
From the anime we saw that sasuke justu was fire like ( the one he used to counter Sai and caused that big whole.) so may be Sasuke has improved is fire god abilites and probably use them against Diedara and Tobi.

Face Cannon
June 13, 2007, 07:41 PM
First of all, hi all. Second we know that this chapter will be more focused in the fight between Sasuke, Deidara and Tobi. So the "black book" part will be short. We know that Sasuke will face some hard challenge so he'll probably have to use CS1 or CS2 in this chapter or the next. I don't think other people will interfere with their battle yet. Hopefully we'll see Tobi doing something more than playing dumb.

A lot of fellow Greeks on here it seems.

I think/hope you're right about Sasuke's fight; there shouldn't be any interuptions yet. The way Sasuke is portrayed as some stoic figure when, in the past, he was emo. It's pretty lame seeing him being absurdly overpowered, so I really want to see him knocked down a couple notches. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to occur. I think Sasuke will likely hold his own regardless of whether or not help arrives. So it's going to be really lame seeing Sasuke soloing two Akatsuki members. But I'm still praying Sasuke will be overpowered and get saved. Or die.

Tobi needs to show why he's an Akatsuki member. They don't just recruit worthless people. He has to have some amazing abilities that make him needed/wanted in the group. I'm really hoping Tobi has some amazing power (besides not being able to get hit by physical objects) and uses it against Sasuke. I have a feeling that since Tobi apparently isn't affected by physical attacks, he'll have to be beaten with the Sharingan somehow. This may mean Sasuke will get his Mangofailure (or whatever it's called) Sharingan activated in some lame way during this fight or later on. Or maybe it'll just be Kakashi who eventually defeats him.

I have a feeling the book thing will be short and just be another cliffhanger or suspense thing that'll make us want the next chapter even more. But I'm really hoping the Tobi/Obito thing from that one spoiler is true, since that theory totally isn't boring or lame and is, in fact, cool.

Ednometry
June 14, 2007, 10:36 AM
Deidara dies soon... killed by Sasuke of course. Tobi may end up injuring Sasuke before he is aided by either a member of Hebi or Naruto's Group

Nafycuk
June 14, 2007, 03:25 PM
I guess it's hightime for Deidara to be killed. Though i really don't this to happen. But There is no way she would be able to win one more time or even escape. It would be too much for a "not so strong Akatsuki member" (IMHO) to avoid the bitter end for so long while kicking the strongest enemies (Gaara, Sasuke).

But what I REALLY want to see - is the scene where Tobi kicks Sasukes ass. I don't give a damn to Tobi/Obito theory (though it would be interesting to me to see Kakashi's reaction). I just see that Tobi is REALLY strong and does know some handy and useful jutsus. And i really think it's hightime for Sasuke to be brought down from the "sky". He has to know his place :p

kyubisharingan
June 15, 2007, 01:27 PM
yay! great battle. sasuke made a great comeback. OUCH, getting his wing ripped off must have hurt XD

ANBU4U
June 15, 2007, 01:40 PM
yay! great battle. sasuke made a great comeback. OUCH, getting his wing ripped off must have hurt XD

I guess, I just cant seem to figure out why it happened.

Until I read it im assuming he let himself get hit to distract Didara while he set up some sort of shuriken thingy.....I mean why did that explosion hit him when the others didnt? makes no sense.

Don Lazy
June 15, 2007, 01:57 PM
wow very good chapter, it seems sasuke is not powerful enough to battle 2 akas at the same time. I wonder what tobi will do if deidra lays down on the ground like roastbeef

ANBU4U
June 15, 2007, 02:03 PM
Ahhh, so it seems he used the wing to block thats why he was hit. Well at least we have reasonable confirmation on the Sasuke can fly theory...as "duh" as it would seem. Deidara attacked him to keep him out of the air, and Sasuke later used his reaming wing to (somewhat counter to physics) get some extra lift when he jumped off his sword. Not bad.

It's been awhile since I enjoyed a good Sasuke fight, I've always admired the mild level of premeditation is his attack. He always has an idea, then alters it accordingly. While Naruto typically just rushes forward and forms an idea once that doesn't work.

He's not shikamaru as he is now...if only for plot purposes....but you can certainly compare the sword platform/slash enemy maneuvering strategy he came up with in an instant to anything shika did pre-time skip.....in some ways play for play.

dasher232
June 15, 2007, 03:18 PM
This fight reminded me so much of the Kakuzu and Naruto fight.

*Oh noes I got caught by the shuriken*.

Diceman5000
June 15, 2007, 03:21 PM
Ahhh, so it seems he used the wing to block thats why he was hit. Well at least we have reasonable confirmation on the Sasuke can fly theory...as "duh" as it would seem. Deidara attacked him to keep him out of the air, and Sasuke later used his reaming wing to (somewhat counter to physics) get some extra lift when he jumped off his sword. Not bad.

It's been awhile since I enjoyed a good Sasuke fight, I've always admired the mild level of premeditation is his attack. He always has an idea, then alters it accordingly. While Naruto typically just rushes forward and forms an idea once that doesn't work.

He's not shikamaru as he is now...if only for plot purposes....but you can certainly compare the sword platform/slash enemy maneuvering strategy he came up with in an instant to anything shika did pre-time skip.....in some ways play for play.

What? No way is he like Shika. Yes he has a brain and can think up stuff quickly when he needs to but so can everyone even Naruto. Pretime skip Shika thought of a plan before attacking and even though he came up short stamina wise both times he is still the man. Sasuke is no Shika. Anyway why has no one come to see what all the noise is about? I predict that people will start to show up at the battle ground over the next couple of chapters. (Duh)

Mendes
June 15, 2007, 03:23 PM
Nice one. As always Sasuke plans alot ahead. I just didnt get how did deidara managed to hit sasuke's wing

kuroi-san
June 15, 2007, 03:28 PM
how are people confused about sasuke's wing getting pwned? clearly it's because deidara fired a massive bomb.. the force just ripped it clean off when he tried to block. deidara clearly says "this next one will be huge" and then fires it straight at him.

i'm really glad that sasuke kind of got his ass kicked, but it is clear that deidara's going to be killed. and i'm really glad about that too. he's been too close to being killed twice already, it's about time. i am unsure what's gonna happen regarding tobi though... i think he'll probably escape after deidara gets killed. or deidara will tell him to run and explain to akatsuki about how strong sasuke is.

in summary, sasuke isn't as tough as he seems, and deidara is finally getting what has been coming to him since like... rescue gaara arc.

pretty sweet fight chapter.

Ehrinuchi
June 15, 2007, 03:46 PM
how are people confused about sasuke's wing getting pwned? clearly it's because deidara fired a massive bomb.. the force just ripped it clean off when he tried to block. deidara clearly says "this next one will be huge" and then fires it straight at him yeah, it seemed like Sauske blocked the attack with his wing, and it got ripped off...

Anyway, What an exaiting chapter so many things happened in this fight!
I wonder what Tobi is going to do now...
And the title for next chapter 'Artist's Grand Finale' it seem like the last chapter with Sasuke/Deidara fight

hummm..... btw, considering Sasuke grows wings every time he changes into CS2 form... Maybe he just grows a new pair the next time he goes CS2...
We are not talking about a previously existing arm and leg, but a growing wing that just grows because of CS2 which come and go as he pleases....

Navid.
June 15, 2007, 03:47 PM
I guess, I just cant seem to figure out why it happened.

Until I read it im assuming he let himself get hit to distract Didara while he set up some sort of shuriken thingy.....I mean why did that explosion hit him when the others didnt? makes no sense.

He managed to doge the previous ones because:

1st - during the first one he dodged, the mines where not in place yet...

2nd - the second one he dodged, he didn't know about the mines and had to use CS2 to protect himself (also the mines hand not been fully laid out yet).

3rd - By the time the last one was "thrown" at him, he already knew about the mines (they had been comleted as Toby said), so he chose to use his wings to protect himself and to formulate a plan of action, instead of dodging and maybe take more damage from below... (as we saw in the end, the mines made a huge combination of explotions.

Thats why he chose not to dodge Deidara's third attack...

But anyway, after having read through the whole chapter, and really enjoyed Sasuke going at a fight with his old style, by using all the tools at a ninja disposal to take down the enemy (Deidara thought the use of shurikens where to basic, but in the end it was the shurikens that pinned him to the C2 Dragon), I have two thoughts I wnat to though out there:

What kind of fighting style do you guys enjoy more, people who pull of one huge attacks to beat the enemy or people who make a combination of attacks to create a openeing to allow them to beat the enemy??

And Sasuke's foresight and plan, did it impress anyone enough to be called close to Shikamaru level?

I have to say, I truly enjoyed this chapter, the action was on par with the best so far in the series, great job from Kishi :)

sharingan_kakashi
June 15, 2007, 03:47 PM
He got hit in exchange for throwing those shurikens. pretty dumb plan if you ask me. Shikamaru is 10 times more creative than that. That curse seal 2 was pathetic.

the real question is where was he hiding the shurikens.

hitokugutsu
June 15, 2007, 03:49 PM
Yessss finally some dirt on Sasukes face and the ripped of wing was also really cool. I was kinda hoping he would get his ass kicked a bit more but Deidara still has his C3 so...

Oww and for the people who are comparing this to the Kakuzu vs Naruto fight...no waaay: this one was actually well thought (even better than Shika's stupid plan to capture/kill? Hidan) and executed perfect (unlike Naruto vs Kakuzu where the KB trick was getting really old and predictable)

manga_freaky
June 15, 2007, 03:57 PM
Exactly man, those wings come and go. But i'm kind of speculative about the last blast. I mean the land mines went off but the dragon, how? My guess is he went inside the dragon, or he shows his true form. But still kinda weird the dragon didn't go off as well.

bighawke5
June 15, 2007, 04:00 PM
He managed to doge the previous ones because:

1st - during the first one he dodged, the mines where not in place yet...

2nd - the second one he dodged, he didn't know about the mines and had to use CS2 to protect himself (also the mines hand not been fully laid out yet).

3rd - By the time the last one was "thrown" at him, he already knew about the mines (they had been comleted as Toby said), so he chose to use his wings to protect himself and to formulate a plan of action, instead of dodging and maybe take more damage from below... (as we saw in the end, the mines made a huge combination of explotions.

Thats why he chose not to dodge Deidara's third attack...

But anyway, after having read through the whole chapter, and really enjoyed Sasuke going at a fight with his old style, by using all the tools at a ninja disposal to take down the enemy (Deidara thought the use of shurikens where to basic, but in the end it was the shurikens that pinned him to the C2 Dragon), I have two thoughts I wnat to though out there:

What kind of fighting style do you guys enjoy more, people who pull of one huge attacks to beat the enemy or people who make a combination of attacks to create a openeing to allow them to beat the enemy??

And Sasuke's foresight and plan, did it impress anyone enough to be called close to Shikamaru level?

I have to say, I truly enjoyed this chapter, the action was on par with the best so far in the series, great job from Kishi :)

well said bout how he got his wing clipped off..he got damaged pretty bad there...but no he's not thinking at shikamaru's lv ....u know how rock lee is only gud at taijutsu ...right..shikamaru's thing is tactics and his level of intelligence..he's noted for that and although sasuke's a genius..he's not as smart as shikamaru....im pretty sure shikamaru would've been able to get out of the situation better plus remember shikamaru was fightin a guy that was kind of like sasuke(in that he used close ranged techniques..more taijutsu and speedy techniques) anyways wat sasuke did there is not bad at all....naruto would've thought bout somethin like that too if he was in that situation..plus he's the most umpredictable ninja and he comes up with tactics during his battles now so yea dont get carried away by the intell sasuke showed and compare it to shika's lv of intell...they're not equal..
[hr]

Yessss finally some dirt on Sasukes face and the ripped of wing was also really cool. I was kinda hoping he would get his ass kicked a bit more but Deidara still has his C3 so...

Oww and for the people who are comparing this to the Kakuzu vs Naruto fight...no waaay: this one was actually well thought (even better than Shika's stupid plan to capture/kill? Hidan) and executed perfect (unlike Naruto vs Kakuzu where the KB trick was getting really old and predictable)

KB trick gettin old and predictable huh..lol i guess thats why kakuzu predicted it and avoided being hit the third time (in the amount of seconds) by the same F rasengan...lmao
plus need i remind u that sasuke was using one of the best of his arsenal...CS2 but still got hurt enough that it showed even in his cs2 form(unlike when he fought tail 1 naruto and he went cs2 and his body was clean like he just took a shower) his wings got clipped off..he got cornerd and wait if it were naruto...probably using the same trick he used on kakuzu then deidara would've bein blowin the hell outta clones all this time and naruto would appear behind him like he did to kakuzu and the odama rasengan wouldve ended it...see but naruto aint gonna use that same trick cuz he's umpredictable u see.....

so its really useless comparing naruto's fight wit kakuzu to this one cuz ppl will say well naruto wouldnt need to go 4 tails to at least land a hit on deidara...not even 3 tails he didnt in fact need a tails modes to beat kakuzu..just dumb old umpredictability
for the sake of this discussion lets not compare naruto and sasuke's akatsuki fights... LOL

Mendes
June 15, 2007, 04:01 PM
He got hit in exchange for throwing those shurikens. pretty dumb plan if you ask me. Shikamaru is 10 times more creative than that. That curse seal 2 was pathetic.

the real question is where was he hiding the shurikens.

He probably summoned the first and made the shadow shuriken. We didnt see him making the seals, but we also didnt see him throw them. He did it when he was covered with the smoke from that bomb.

Still, it was a good plan. I was expecting Sasuke to find another way of countering the bomb, but that gives me the idea that his CS2 wings can be recovered with ease. He knows he has an opponent yet to fight and capture, as he wants to interrogate him about Itachi, and there's a possibility that deidara is still alive(if tobi actually helped him out, otherwise I cant see how did he survive that). That's why he must be able to resurrect his wing in a flash. He also didnt seem in pain when he got his wing off, it seems like its just a shield

lordHokage
June 15, 2007, 04:07 PM
This chapter was very good, it was all about Sasuke vs. Deidara and Tobi battle. I’m slightly disappointed but hopefully the next chapter we get to see more much participation of other team players. Sasuke vs. Deidara and Tobi battle is just getting started, deja vu all over again. The Shadow Shuriken Technique, a jutsu where he and Naruto once used against Zabuza Momochi, he's now using it on Deidara as well. I’m very pleased with Sasuke performance, this is a new beginning. :)

It seems that Tobi is familiar with Deidara jutsu, and Hidan had a similar reaction towards Kakuzu. I wonder if Akatsuki have a show and tell policy in place. CS2, Sasuke is having a very painful battle, how long can he keep it up. It all about longevity, if he can’t defeat his opponent without relying on CS2, he’s up the creek without a paddle. :s

Navid.
June 15, 2007, 04:12 PM
well said bout how he got his wing clipped off..he got damaged pretty bad there...
Thanks :), and yeah he did get his wing damaged, but I dont think it actually is part of his body, so he can probably get it back over time...

but no he's not thinking at shikamaru's lv ....u know how rock lee is only gud at taijutsu ...right..shikamaru's thing is tactics and his level of intelligence..he's noted for that and although sasuke's a genius..he's not as smart as shikamaru....
Well I did ask whether people belived him to be close to Shikamaru's level, so I take it you kinda agree ???

im pretty sure shikamaru would've been able to get out of the situation better plus remember shikamaru was fightin a guy that was kind of like sasuke(in that he used close ranged techniques..more taijutsu and speedy techniques)
I hope your not talking about Hidan...

anyways wat sasuke did there is not bad at all....naruto would've thought bout somethin like that too if he was in that situation..plus he's the most umpredictable ninja and he comes up with tactics during his battles now so yea dont get carried away by the intell sasuke showed and compare it to shika's lv of intell...they're not equal..
Well you might say that, but there are definitley parallels that can be drawn between the two...

1- Shika and Sasuke both use their ninja tools to their full capability (something to few ninjas in Naruto do), Shika during the chunnin exam and the fight with Hidan, Sasuke during his fight with Orochimaru in the forest, against Naruto and during this fight.

2- Shika used a shuriken to make Hidan move into his shadow, Sasuke during this chapter used his shurikens to make Deidara fly above where his sword was located...

3- They both can think many steps in advance even in the most grim of situations...

:)

dasher232
June 15, 2007, 04:25 PM
So not only Sasuke himself gets powerups but his weapons does too. This nyoi-bō dragon ball like Kusenagi sword I think is just puzzling. I think Sasuke is a good fighter but using the sword as a platform? i'd rather him have used a tree or something, just because it didn't look stable enough. Also I wonder if someone is going to wander in and get exploded.

bighawke5
June 15, 2007, 04:26 PM
This chapter was very good, it was all about Sasuke vs. Deidara and Tobi battle. I’m slightly disappointed but hopefully the next chapter we get to see more much participation of other team players. Sasuke vs. Deidara and Tobi battle is just getting started, deja vu all over again. The Shadow Shuriken Technique, a jutsu where he and Naruto once used against Zabuza Momochi, he's now using it on Deidara as well. I’m very pleased with Sasuke performance, this is a new beginning. :)

It seems that Tobi is familiar with Deidara jutsu, and Hidan had a similar reaction towards Kakuzu. I wonder if Akatsuki have a show and tell policy in place. CS2, Sasuke is having a very painful battle, how long can he keep it up. It all about longevity, if he can’t defeat his opponent without relying on CS2, he’s up the creek without a paddle. :s

tru and ppl seem to be forgettin he's using CS2...i was expectin him to zip up(since he can't really go left or right without gettin blown to pieces) with shunshin or at least use the explosions to jump up to deidara (like naruto did when he used the rasengan to cut the clay bird's head, there was distance between them and naruto didnt even use kyubi to boost his speed there but he still jumped up when he knew it was the oportune time and got the head) sasuke could do that but didnt...is it bcuz he wasnt thinking it? i dont know...was he cornered? yes..prob why he wasn't thinking straight and got his wing clipped...but did he turn tides around in the end? yes

so from the look at the last page it said somethin like "the artist's grand finale" meaning he's still alive and bout to pull his greatest guns or somethin so tune in next time...

SHIT I REALLY THOUGHT THAT THE SHURIKENS WAS KAKASHI THAT JUST ARIVED ON THE SCENE!! did anyone think that 2 b4 u saw it was sasuke's work?

dasher232
June 15, 2007, 04:32 PM
SHIT I REALLY THOUGHT THAT THE SHURIKENS WAS KAKASHI THAT JUST ARIVED ON THE SCENE!! did anyone think that 2 b4 u saw it was sasuke's work?

I thought it was either Karin or Sakura whowould have been smacked down by Dei immediately.

Face Cannon
June 15, 2007, 04:36 PM
I'm glad that Sasuke's using curse seal level 2 for this fight. He's going against two Akatsuki alone. If he didn't have to use it, it'd just be lame. As for the dragon, I don't think the dragon is made out of explosive clay since it's just a transportation device. Since Deidara's on top of the dragon, the dragon probably smothered the explosion below him. I don't think Deidara got the full force of that blast, so he's likely alive.

Don't you think it's a little early to be comparing Sasuke to Shikamaru? He never did anything as elaborate as Shikamaru.

bighawke5
June 15, 2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks :), and yeah he did get his wing damaged, but I dont think it actually is part of his body, so he can probably get it back over time...

Well I did ask whether people belived him to be close to Shikamaru's level, so I take it you kinda agree ???

I hope your not talking about Hidan...

Well you might say that, but there are definitley parallels that can be drawn between the two...

1- Shika and Sasuke both use their ninja tools to their full capability (something to few ninjas in Naruto do), Shika during the chunnin exam and the fight with Hidan, Sasuke during his fight with Orochimaru in the forest, against Naruto and during this fight.

2- Shika used a shuriken to make Hidan move into his shadow, Sasuke during this chapter used his shurikens to make Deidara fly above where his sword was located...

3- They both can think many steps in advance even in the most grim of situations...

:)

yup u right they think in advance...in fact a battle to shikamaru is much like the game he played with his teacher and dad..shogi but yea i think sasuke is smart but not up to shika's lv, he can think of steps ahead to get his oponent which naruto seemed to display when he fought kakuzu 2 but knowing that kakuzu knew he would use KB but since the FR was the only thing to wry bout he knew kakuzu would thin bout destroyin the one that had it then he would use that distraction and nail him from behind...so u see they are both tactical but i bet shika is superior since tactics and his lv of thinkin is his specialty..his IQ is amazing

yea an i was talkin bout hidan as shika's enemy

thing with CS2 its actually a mutation of ur body...if he can control it willingly and its commin out of his body then yes its actually a mutation of his body so when he reverts back to his normal form after the fight or whenever he stops using it (granted it will corrode his body if he uses it too long) u'll see that he has some kind of shoulder wound and CS2 has never shown it self to be self healin like kyubi's chakra does so i don't think he'll regrow the wing..but if he does regrow it next transformation or the next time he fights then it means its not part of his body

wait as a matter of fact i think it is....look:
do u recall when he used his wings to block the strong punch from 1 tail kyuubi naruto(the punch that send him into the statue's leg and hurt naruto's arm) yes...it seems that the wings come from the shoulder parts of plates anyway after the fight he washoldin his arm and had this excrutiatin shoulder or arm pain right? when he was walkin away into the forest..so i guess it does hurt him afterward meanin it would be a mutated part of his body during cs2...anyway thats my take on it
[hr]

I thought it was either Karin or Sakura whowould have been smacked down by Dei immediately.

LOL tru

anrufen
June 15, 2007, 05:02 PM
Hmmmmmm......a very very Interesting fight...although i did think Deidara wud have the uperhand through out the fight, which for the most of the issue he did!!! as for Sasuke.....I m wondering if Naruto is actually yet in equal grounds with him....Of course Naruto also could do sth like what Sasuke did, only he wud use Kage Bunshin to disarm the mines...and feint attacks, and at last hit him with the deadly ending....but I dunno, Narutop messes up pretty often, and from the beginning of the manga, Sasuke's fights were much more....visually entertaining then Naruto's...though gr8r number of wins go to Naruto, he cud never accomplish them in style...u know what i mean??

endofjulia
June 15, 2007, 05:03 PM

Hell, I was hoping for it to be anyone from Kohona. Between the huge spikes in chakra and loud explosions, it's bound to attract some attention from surrounding shinobi right? *so wants a battle royal*

I also have this huge (and pathetic b/c it's probably not going to happen) hope that I'll get to see a rematch between Kakashi and Deidara before Deidara bites the dust. *sigh*:(

Ehrinuchi
June 15, 2007, 05:04 PM
sasuke could do that but didnt...is it bcuz he wasnt thinking it? i dont know...was he cornered? yes..prob why he wasn't thinking straight and got his wing clipped...but did he turn tides around in the end? yes

The purpose of the landmine was to negate Sasuke's speed. Deidara noted that Sasuke was too fast after he avoided the bast of the 2 first homing bombs but at this point Sasuke was completely surrounded by the mines, he couldn't run away from the homing missiles without getting blasted anyway so he had to block the attack with the wing.

kheldorin
June 15, 2007, 05:10 PM
Sasuke is defintely on par with Shika. Shika wasn't very useful the first time he met Hidan and Kakuzu. He was only good when he did prior preparations. Even in the Temari fight, he knew Temaris fighting style beforehand. Sasuke had to think of a plan on the fly in the heat of a battle where he is continously getting hammered and attacked. It is really really hard to think of a good strategy when you don't know your opponent, he keeps doing stuff to counter you, and you're continually under siege. I bet Sasuke thought he could fly but Deidara clipped one of his wings and he immediately have to rethink his plans and come up with a qucik improvisation. And he didn't just countered to get out of a bad situation. He went one step ahead to trap Deidara and place himself back ontop and on the offensive. The sudden turn around in fortunes was great. I was really EXTREMELY impressed.

bighawke5
June 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
Hmmmmmm......a very very Interesting fight...although i did think Deidara wud have the uperhand through out the fight, which for the most of the issue he did!!! as for Sasuke.....I m wondering if Naruto is actually yet in equal grounds with him....Of course Naruto also could do sth like what Sasuke did, only he wud use Kage Bunshin to disarm the mines...and feint attacks, and at last hit him with the deadly ending....but I dunno, Narutop messes up pretty often, and from the beginning of the manga, Sasuke's fights were much more....visually entertaining then Naruto's...though gr8r number of wins go to Naruto, he cud never accomplish them in style...u know what i mean??

yes i know what u mean(this is startin to turn into a sasuke vs naruto again hugh..) but u only need to defeat the enemy...doin it in style is a plus but as long as u do it thats the geist of it...sasuke couldve done this more in style by endin it with a clean sword hit by using the distraction from the explosions and jumping behind deidara's back and slashin him thus endin it just like a mad naruto clone did to deidara back when they where chasin deidara with kakashi....see naruto got a clean hit on deidara...

thing is this isnt the naruto we knew from b4 as much as we wont admit it like yamato he did change and is more tactical and has his head on his shoulders now after kakashi's training..he dont mess up like he used to now...plus when he uses some of the kyubi's power (not tails mode, im talkin bout when he was fighting haku,...yes when his eyes go red and he's all speedy and stuff) that mode actually always delivers and i cant stress it enough...when naruto goes into that mode he's awesome and he used it against kakuzu and won...used it against haku and won and both situations where deemed impossible for him as a stupid person to win but he did win
u gotta understand he's more lv headed now and tactical plus his umpredictability helps so he can actually come up with more creative stuff since all his stuff would be original and not thought of and out of the blue
[hr]

The purpose of the landmine was to negate Sasuke's speed. Deidara noted that Sasuke was too fast after he avoided the bast of the 2 first homing bombs but at this point Sasuke was completely surrounded by the mines, he couldn't run away from the homing missiles without getting blasted anyway so he had to block the attack with the wing.

i reckon there's an up and if he's as speedy as some say why couldnt he jump like naruto did on deidara..not gonna tell me naruto can jump higher? and get there faster than sasuke...u must remember back in gaara's arc...there's always a way up right plus he had the boost of his cs2 wings he couldve jumped in time since he has the speed advantage...plus when he's on the dragon's back its more safe for him to finish deidara off then on the land since he doesnt know hwere the mines are...so why didnt he think of this i dont know...

lordHokage
June 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
tru and ppl seem to be forgettin he's using CS2...i was expectin him to zip up(since he can't really go left or right without gettin blown to pieces) with shunshin or at least use the explosions to jump up to deidara (like naruto did when he used the rasengan to cut the clay bird's head, there was distance between them and naruto didnt even use kyubi to boost his speed there but he still jumped up when he knew it was the oportune time and got the head) sasuke could do that but didnt...is it bcuz he wasnt thinking it? i dont know...was he cornered? yes..prob why he wasn't thinking straight and got his wing clipped...but did he turn tides around in the end? yes

so from the look at the last page it said somethin like "the artist's grand finale" meaning he's still alive and bout to pull his greatest guns or somethin so tune in next time...

Sasuke using CS2 was no surprise too me. I expected him to bring out his big guns if he wanted to send a message. I think Kishimoto draw attention to Sasuke’s strength and weakness vs. Deidara when compare to Naruto vs. Deidara. :blink

I'm glad that Sasuke's using curse seal level 2 for this fight. He's going against two Akatsuki alone. If he didn't have to use it, it'd just be lame. As for the dragon, I don't think the dragon is made out of explosive clay since it's just a transportation device. Since Deidara's on top of the dragon, the dragon probably smothered the explosion below him. I don't think Deidara got the full force of that blast, so he's likely alive.

Don't you think it's a little early to be comparing Sasuke to Shikamaru? He never did anything as elaborate as Shikamaru.

In order for Sasuke to kill Deidara using cursed sealed level 2, he’s going to pay a very high price. Comparing Sasuke to Shikamaru is too early. :eyeroll

bighawke5
June 15, 2007, 05:34 PM
Sasuke is defintely on par with Shika. Shika wasn't very useful the first time he met Hidan and Kakuzu. He was only good when he did prior preparations. Even in the Temari fight, he knew Temaris fighting style beforehand. Sasuke had to think of a plan on the fly in the heat of a battle where he is continously getting hammered and attacked. It is really really hard to think of a good strategy when you don't know your opponent, he keeps doing stuff to counter you, and you're continually under siege. I bet Sasuke thought he could fly but Deidara clipped one of his wings and he immediately have to rethink his plans and come up with a qucik improvisation. And he didn't just countered to get out of a bad situation. He went one step ahead to trap Deidara and place himself back ontop and on the offensive. The sudden turn around in fortunes was great. I was really EXTREMELY impressed.

shika is the most tactical and smartest of his generation as much as u'd hate to admit he wouldve gotten out of this mess better than sasuke....maybe he wouldnt have finished off deidara like sasuke could but he wouldve gotten out of the mess better and more efficiently..he's just smarter, plus has a higher IQ...its his thing like im sayin....he's good a shogi and that requires thinkin steps ahead of ppl same as in real battle situation although ur being bombarded here and there...he can think literaly faster and better and thats why he was chosen to be a team leader chunnin since he is the better tactitian....dont get me wrong sasuke is all around better but all around ninjutsu, taijutsu and gengutsu better...his intelligence dont rival that of shikamaru

sKaR
June 15, 2007, 05:38 PM
yea....this is the best of the 4 akatsuki fights when an akatsuki dies that is..I think sasuke has shown he is much quicker on his feet than shikamaru...but thats because of his bloodline.Clearly v cannot compare an uchiha to a shadow controlller.To b fair to shikamaru..he had no idea about hidan n kakuzas levels the 1st time they met them n the fact that his sensei had just been owned...Sasuke already knows about deidara as kabuto n oro were researching on akatsuki n im pretty sure that black book given 2 naruto-sasuke must no about its contents already.But i must saw-what an awwsum awsum chapter this was.that shuriken bit almost was like in that temari-shikamaru fight.n considering the title from next chapter ,either sasuke will finish it off with a new move(or just with his sword to save chakra) or kishi will turn the attention 2 sumwer else just to agonize us in wait.N wats up with tobi.I think now the theory might go the way of him being no substance--thats y he could easily go underground n plant the bombs as welll...he can go through anything.If the battle does end in the next chapter i still think sasuke just might let tobi go to give a message to itachi(seeing how tobi is not even in his league n dosent even deserve to b killed by sasuke---wimp!!!)Also--lol on that tobi being from konoha fake spoiler.....

bighawke5
June 15, 2007, 05:43 PM
Sasuke using CS2 was no surprise too me. I expected him to bring out his big guns if he wanted to send a message. I think Kishimoto draw attention to Sasuke’s strength and weakness vs. Deidara when compare to Naruto vs. Deidara. :blink

In order for Sasuke to kill Deidara using cursed sealed level 2, he’s going to pay a very high price. Comparing Sasuke to Shikamaru is too early. :eyeroll

it shouldnt be a surprise and it wasnt to me i was just statin how he had to go cs2 all out in this fight to atleast touch deidara when naruto just tapped into a lil of the fox's power to nail deidara on the ground...in fact im sure deidara might use kawarimi if he's bout to get hurt too much from that dragon exploding on the ground...simple as that he's still alive and sasuke couldve done better and jumped on his dragon to fight him there b4 he even clipped his wing..like i said he is fast enough and there was no bomb in the air lol
[hr]

yea....this is the best of the 4 akatsuki fights when an akatsuki dies that is..I think sasuke has shown he is much quicker on his feet than shikamaru...but thats because of his bloodline.Clearly v cannot compare an uchiha to a shadow controlller.To b fair to shikamaru..he had no idea about hidan n kakuzas levels the 1st time they met them n the fact that his sensei had just been owned...Sasuke already knows about deidara as kabuto n oro were researching on akatsuki n im pretty sure that black book given 2 naruto-sasuke must no about its contents already.But i must saw-what an awwsum awsum chapter this was.that shuriken bit almost was like in that temari-shikamaru fight.n considering the title from next chapter ,either sasuke will finish it off with a new move(or just with his sword to save chakra) or kishi will turn the attention 2 sumwer else just to agonize us in wait.N wats up with tobi.I think now the theory might go the way of him being no substance--thats y he could easily go underground n plant the bombs as welll...he can go through anything.If the battle does end in the next chapter i still think sasuke just might let tobi go to give a message to itachi(seeing how tobi is not even in his league n dosent even deserve to b killed by sasuke---wimp!!!)Also--lol on that tobi being from konoha fake spoiler.....

tru fake spoiler he aint from konoha lol and tobi made me laugh when he said"sensei im done now ..its all set" i was laughin so hard its like he's a good lil 6 yo boy doing as he's told...makes me wonder if he has no fightin skills then how come he's in akatsuki ? hmmm maybe he'll actually fight when deidara dies but i want to see him in action cuz i know he's hiddin he's prowess

Skeith
June 15, 2007, 05:43 PM
To be honest i hope deidara doesn't die, i want him to fight naruto or kakashi first... and i hate seeing sasuke killing one of the akatsuki i want him and naruto to fight soon only with the impossible happening that is naruto actually having the upper hand... tch sucks that he can't get a dang decent new jutsu that he CAN use [sorry im complaining] oh well sasuke got his wing blown of ^.^ and Tobi continues to be the highlight of this arc...
as for sasuke vs shika sasuke's only upper hand is his brute force in a matter of wits he'd get beat down but with his CS2 some of the traps shika would consider would end up useless oh well at least this chapter didn't make sasuke seem any stronger then it did, if he didn't get his wing blown off it would have seemed like deidara went down way too easy so yeah its good the over powered sasuke can still get hurt...

bighawke5
June 15, 2007, 05:48 PM
To be honest i hope deidara doesn't die, i want him to fight naruto or kakashi first... and i hate seeing sasuke killing one of the akatsuki i want him and naruto to fight soon only with the impossible happening that is naruto actually having the upper hand... tch sucks that he can't get a dang decent new jutsu that he CAN use [sorry im complaining] oh well sasuke got his wing blown of ^.^ and Tobi continues to be the highlight of this arc...
as for sasuke vs shika sasuke's only upper hand is his brute force in a matter of wits he'd get beat down but with his CS2 some of the traps shika would consider would end up useless oh well at least this chapter didn't make sasuke seem any stronger then it did, if he didn't get his wing blown off it would have seemed like deidara went down way too easy so yeah its good the over powered sasuke can still get hurt...

to me this chapter shows how even though sasuke was shown to be so powerful (even more powerful then naruto) he had to go all out to bring deidara down and naruto didnt and im thinking kishi well make deidara alive next chapter and someone is gonna help sasuke kill both akatsuki and this well anger many of us into countless argument of how sasuke vs deidara and naruto vs deidara compare and i'd hate gettin into those arguments...sigh..

sKaR
June 15, 2007, 05:57 PM
to me this chapter shows how even though sasuke was shown to be so powerful (even more powerful then naruto) he had to go all out to bring deidara down and naruto didnt and im thinking kishi well make deidara alive next chapter and someone is gonna help sasuke kill both akatsuki and this well anger many of us into countless argument of how sasuke vs deidara and naruto vs deidara compare and i'd hate gettin into those arguments...sigh..
Yea every small thing that is done by naruto n sasuke is being compared with the other.Its like even though they dont really have the same path .its made to look like they do.Sasuke is just fulfilling his lifespurpose while naruto is just sooo obsessed with him(i wonder if he get any wetdreams about him)...Its sad to c really--naruto werever-wenever sasuke- wer is sasuke -is he comin back??

Narasu
June 15, 2007, 06:24 PM

You're comparing two different situations, Kakashi had already taken Deidara's arm with the MS and was actually running away from him and Naruto, and if you remember, before Kakashi sealed the kyuubi Naruto was going to "go all out" by growing another tail. However, Deidara is actually trying to kill Sasuke and has his eyes completely focused on him.

Anyhow, one of the best chapters I've seen in awhile, it was awesome how Sasuke made use of the "basic" tools according to Deidara... haha. Assuming that Deidara dies, hopefully Tobi can escape to report back to Akatsuki so I can see Itachi's reaction.

lordHokage
June 15, 2007, 06:33 PM
it shouldnt be a surprise and it wasnt to me i was just statin how he had to go cs2 all out in this fight to atleast touch deidara when naruto just tapped into a lil of the fox's power to nail deidara on the ground...in fact im sure deidara might use kawarimi if he's bout to get hurt too much from that dragon exploding on the ground...simple as that he's still alive and sasuke couldve done better and jumped on his dragon to fight him there b4 he even clipped his wing..like i said he is fast enough and there was no bomb in the air lol

I knew that Sasuke was going CS2, he doesn’t know how to utilizes his own power, what else can he do abandon ship. He is not like Naruto who defeated Gaara and Kakuzu using very little of the fox’s chakra. I think Sasuke used up more chakra while battling Deidara than Naruto did. In these up coming battles, Kishimoto will continue to show off their individual weakness and strength. :eyeroll

Yea every small thing that is done by naruto n sasuke is being compared with the other.Its like even though they dont really have the same path .its made to look like they do.Sasuke is just fulfilling his lifespurpose while naruto is just sooo obsessed with him(i wonder if he get any wetdreams about him)...Its sad to c really--naruto werever-wenever sasuke- wer is sasuke -is he comin back??

hmm why u guy's make it seems like naruto is doing some thing wrong by wanting sasuke to return? He only wanted to help sasuke.

Naruto goes through the same pain as sasuke or even worst.. Just imagine not knowing who your parents is and everyone at school is afraid of you.. most people don't want to touch you or like the sight of seeing you playing around there kids. what you would do?

Sasuke live turn bad when is parent's & clan died.. remember that even though he loses is family at a early age. he was looked up by many because of who he was. he has lot of friends because of is ABL. even though he didn't want no friends. but he ended up creating a bond with someone, Bond that is similar to having a real blood brother. So he's not worst than Naruto.. Naruto story is more sadder than sasuke...

Naruto finally start finding new friends and get someone that could fill in a father place. and kakashi as a uncle. Jiriaya is just Jiriaya - funny old man..
Sakura just a chick Naruto likes alot... everyone do have someone they grow up with that they liked.. unless you gay from birth. lol

everyone would feel that pain Sasuke is going through. but no one could understand the pain Naruto is going through.. He was curse from birth... Sasuke new what love is like before it was taken from him. but he ended up caring for people when he was place in Naruto group. Because Naruto is gifted and they are rivals until they fought each other.. Naruto doesn't looked on sasuke as rivals anymore, he look at sasuke as someone that needed help, someone to reach out to him even if it cost naruto is own life he's going to try and save is best friend..

Omi
June 15, 2007, 06:38 PM
Wow Sasuke is a genius ... to plan ahead with that many moves in that situation.

First he apparently detaches/sacrifices a wing
Places his kusinagi at an area on his vulnerable side (no wing) while losing his wing
Buys a couple of seconds while encouraging Deidara to go to his vulnerable side by throwing a couple of shuriken up which apparently had wires attached
Then opportunistically uses his kusinagi as a platform while making his attacker believe he was at his most vulnerable position
He then takes out the wing and attacks with the shuriken which apparently grow really big.

The boy is good. I'll say Shika couldn't have done something like that even if he had the same techniques. Too much closing eyes and setting up a palm hold.

bighawke5
June 15, 2007, 06:39 PM
You're comparing two different situations, Kakashi had already taken Deidara's arm with the MS and was actually running away from him and Naruto, and if you remember, before Kakashi sealed the kyuubi Naruto was going to "go all out" by growing another tail. However, Deidara is actually trying to kill Sasuke and has his eyes completely focused on him.

Anyhow, one of the best chapters I've seen in awhile, it was awesome how Sasuke made use of the "basic" tools according to Deidara... haha. Assuming that Deidara dies, hopefully Tobi can escape to report back to Akatsuki so I can see Itachi's reaction.

yeah well b4 goin all out u have to admit that he pinned down deidara and smacked him good and wasnt even using tails modes yet which puts him on the lv where sasuke is at when using cs2....see naruto wasnt even using a power equal to cs2 yet he was able to land godd hits on deidara and if it wasnt for that kawarimi deidara was startin to loose blood lol and if naruto had gone to 2 tails mode deidara was done cuz naruto can zap like no tomorrow and would just annihilate deidara like he almost did to oro...
sasuke on the other hand couldnt pin deidara down even with his sharingan activated when he was normal.....he went cs2 and still couldnt do it...he even got hurt and still hadnt touched deidara with all his prowess and through some ingenius plans of his and while strugglin with one wing and using his wits he turned the tables around deidara with his own jutsu... so in the end regular sasuke with sharingan's help couldnt even touch deidara and he's better at taijutsu then naruto (well the regular naruto cuz kyubi powered naruto can hold his own speed wise and power wise) but he still wasnt able to touch him...if u compare how naruto and sasuke each actually landed a hit on deidara u'll see the diff

Narasu
June 15, 2007, 06:54 PM
yeah well b4 goin all out u have to admit that he pinned down deidara and smacked him good and wasnt even using tails modes yet which puts him on the lv where sasuke is at when using cs2....see naruto wasnt even using a power equal to cs2 yet he was able to land godd hits on deidara and if it wasnt for that kawarimi deidara was startin to loose blood lol and if naruto had gone to 2 tails mode deidara was done cuz naruto can zap like no tomorrow and would just annihilate deidara like he almost did to oro...
sasuke on the other hand couldnt pin deidara down even with his sharingan activated when he was normal.....he went cs2 and still couldnt do it...he even got hurt and still hadnt touched deidara with all his prowess and through some ingenius plans of his and while strugglin with one wing and using his wits he turned the tables around deidara with his own jutsu... so in the end regular sasuke with sharingan's help couldnt even touch deidara and he's better at taijutsu then naruto (well the regular naruto cuz kyubi powered naruto can hold his own speed wise and power wise) but he still wasnt able to touch him...if u compare how naruto and sasuke each actually landed a hit on deidara u'll see the diff

I admit that Naruto got a nice hit on Deidara, but yeah he was using kyuubi even if it wasn't tailed mode the first time he hit him after the kawarimi. It's just that the situations are different man, Deidara was running away from Kakashi and Naruto, not trying to kill them. If anything most of Naruto's hits go to Kakashi because he took his arm off with the MS and started talking to Deidara, thus him dropping his guard so Naruto could attack (in kyuubi mode).

In this chapter Deidara is trying to kill Sasuke going with full force, totally different.

they both got deidara at some point but how they got him are diff and naruto's way was much faster..plus sasuke couldve done it like naruto's way but why didnt he?

Because he's not #1 Unpredictable Ninja..

Sasuke can't kill naruto at this moment.. no matter what anyone say.. Naruto still got the edge over sasuke..

Naruto kyuubi power is stronger than Curse seal power. It just that Naruto take Damage is self by using it in above 3 tails..

Naruto starting to depend on is own chakra now.. so i expect him to be even more level headed then before.. and Sasuke show that he's similar to Naruto before yamoto told him about is own power. Sasuke seems to rely on is curse seal as if it was is real strength.

Mendes
June 15, 2007, 07:01 PM
hmm why u guy's make it seems like naruto is doing some thing wrong by wanting sasuke to return? He only wanted to help sasuke.
Its cool to help friends, but this is different, sasuke already said he didnt want help and asked naruto to mind his own business. Naruto is insisting too much. He needs to realize Sasuke has to do this. Its the most important thing in his life to kill his brother and who can blame him?

Naruto goes through the same pain as sasuke or even worst.. Just imagine not knowing who your parents is and everyone at school is afraid of you.. most people don't want to touch you or like the sight of seeing you playing around there kids. what you would do?

Sasuke live turn bad when is parent's & clan died.. remember that even though he loses is family at a early age. he was looked up by many because of who he was. he has lot of friends because of is ABL. even though he didn't want no friends. but he ended up creating a bond with someone, Bond that is similar to having a real blood brother. So he's not worst than Naruto.. Naruto story is more sadder than sasuke...

Naruto finally start finding new friends and get someone that could fill in a father place. and kakashi as a uncle. Jiriaya is just Jiriaya - funny old man..
Sakura just a chick Naruto likes alot... everyone do have someone they grow up with that they liked.. unless you gay from birth. lol

everyone would feel that pain Sasuke is going through. but no one could understand the pain Naruto is going through.. He was curse from birth... Sasuke new what love is like before it was taken from him. but he ended up caring for people when he was place in Naruto group. Because Naruto is gifted and they are rivals until they fought each other.. Naruto doesn't looked on sasuke as rivals anymore, he look at sasuke as someone that needed help, someone to reach out to him even if it cost naruto is own life he's going to try and save is best friend..

I's say Naruto's childhood was sadder, but Sasuke's was the most traumatic. His brother was his idol, and just knowing his whole clan was killed by him was bad, just imagine what would be going trough that illusion of his closest family being killed repeatedly for hours... Its not something we should compare either.

sKaR
June 15, 2007, 07:08 PM
first of all unlike in narutos situation where it waz naruto AND kakashi vs deidara...here it is deidara AND tobi verses sasuke.U can c the difference.And although many may say that tobi is useless at the moment ...if he hadnt planted the landmines deidara wouldnt b as affective as he was as the trap wouldnt b 2fold.As for naruto's situation-1st deidara finishes all his clay toys on gaara fight,+6-7days of giving chakra to the bijuu removal n then fighting naruto--it would b logically correct that he got easily owned.As for the sasuke battle deidara is full on clay n chakra,has come prepared to fight with a gameplan n all,n has tobi.So v cannot say sasuke is weaker just because he used CS2 n naruto just beat deidara with a punch.Sasukes circumstances r much more harder n in deidaras favour than narutos.Hence this fight is even more sweeter...

uchiha78
June 15, 2007, 07:16 PM
yeah well b4 goin all out u have to admit that he pinned down deidara and smacked him good and want even using tails modes yet which puts him on the lv where sasuke is at when using cs2....see naruto wasnt even using a power equal to cs2 yet he was able to land godd hits on deidara and if it wasnt for that kawarimi deidara was startin to loose blood lol and if naruto had gone to 2 tails mode deidara was done cuz naruto can zap like no tomorrow and would just annihilate deidara like he almost did to oro...
they both got deidara at some point but how they got him are diff and naruto's way was much faster..plus sasuke couldve done it like naruto's way but why didnt he?

Narasu said it best. The situations are incomparable! Injured Deidara was running from Kakashi and Naruto, not trying his best to kill them. Naruto couldn't even beat 30% of Itachi alone, so naturally, Deidara wasn't expecting much from him. Deidara was running low on clay and if I'm not mistaken had one arm! These factors contributed to Deidara's beating.

On the other hand, Deidara had VERY high expectations of Sasuke. Naruto then didn't have the rep that Sasuke has now. Sasuke is Itachi's brother, has sharingan, was trained by Orochimaru, and is the one that murdered him! Deidara was ready to go all out against the reputed Uchiha and was at full health. He had both his arms and even got Tobi to assist.

I'm not trying to say Sasuke is better than Naruto. I don't think we will know that until they fight again. I'm just saying that their situations are too different to compare the strength of the two just based on their fights with Deidara. That's all.

manga_freaky
June 15, 2007, 07:17 PM
those who think Naruto could have landed a hit on dei in a land full of mines please explain. I run every possible senario and i still don't see 1% of a chance to win here. You know why? Cause Naruto would have been in pieces before realizing there are mines surrounding him. No even a kB changed into shuriken would help him cause Dei was out of his reach. Only Sai can face dei maybe Yamato (water element user). Though we haven't seen any manipulation from kakashi yet which i still think he doesn't have one, that MS of his can't be used more than 2 times.
I think Sasuke did a great job especially after seeing the blast range of those birds.

patrick_tambu
June 15, 2007, 07:22 PM
Because he's not #1 Unpredictable Ninja..

Sasuke can't kill naruto at this moment.. no matter what anyone say.. Naruto still got the edge over sasuke..

Naruto kyuubi power is stronger than Curse seal power. It just that Naruto take Damage is self by using it in above 3 tails..

Naruto starting to depend on is own chakra now.. so i expect him to be even more level headed then before.. and Sasuke show that he's similar to Naruto before yamoto told him about is own power. Sasuke seems to rely on is curse seal as if it was is real strength.

I think Sasuke's curse seal power is now his real power(a great part of it, at the very least!). That's because he's capable to understand the limits and dangers of using it. He's a smart guy after all, as we have seen in this chapter......
Naruto is not as smart as Sasuke, and the Kyuubi power is sooooo bigger than the curse seal's....
Anyway, i think that Naruto would win against Sasuke! And this awareness on his own powers, is going for sure to improve his control over the Fox!!!!

manga_freaky
June 15, 2007, 07:28 PM
So basically what it comes down to is the Kyuubi and yet i thought Naruto didn't want the kyuubi assistance anymore after he realized that 2 1/2 years have been ...
Anyways we still haven't seen any real jutsu from sasuke, up til now has been nothing but the shidori manupulation. Can't wait for a katon CS2, my god here they come. lol

patrick_tambu
June 15, 2007, 07:32 PM
those who think Naruto could have landed a hit on dei in a land full of mines please explain. I run every possible senario and i still don't see 1% of a chance to win here. You know why? Cause Naruto would have been in pieces before realizing there are mines surrounding him. No even a kB changed into shuriken would help him cause Dei was out of his reach. Only Sai can face dei maybe Yamato (water element user). Though we haven't seen any manipulation from kakashi yet which i still think he doesn't have one, that MS of his can't be used more than 2 times.
I think Sasuke did a great job especially after seeing the blast range of those birds.

I can say that Naruto could, by reading the fight with Oro....or the one vs Sasuke!!!
And Naruto would not take a Deidara-fight lightly.... After all, we have seen just a bit of Naruto training results, he's probably going to show more than anyone expect even without release the Kyuubi power!!!!

lordHokage
June 15, 2007, 07:42 PM
The boy is good. I'll say Shika couldn't have done something like that even if he had the same techniques. Too much closing eyes and setting up a palm hold.

First it was Naruto, Sakura was a joke, then Kakashi and now it Shikamaru. Who's next, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Shino, Pakkun, Neji or may be Tobi and the Akatsuki’s leader. I agree with you, Sasuke is a genius and he’s is very good, so as Shikamaru, Shino, Pakkun, Kakashi, Neji, Sakura, Naruto, Jiraiya and Tsunade, and the lists goes on. :D

kadodo
June 15, 2007, 08:19 PM
Well. I really liked this chapter because it was full fighting chapter, that's WHY!!!

Sasuke lost one wing. However, we have to agree that he sacrificed this wing in order to get in a close range to fight Deidara's dragon. Since deidara figured out that his lightning blade was only five meters long.

So far, it looks like Tobi's powers are not shown yet, and why is he taking order from Deidara like that? I might be wrong but i think his powers has something to do with how he was able to plant the bombs in the mines.

At the end we saw Sasuke attack Deidara with a mere Shurriken(don't know if I spelled it right) and it looks like it actually caught Deidara. This actually reminded me of Naruto's new rasengan.

It says that next chapter is entitled, the artist Grand Finale. I wonder if it's going to be a finale for Deidara or if Deidara is going to finish Sasuke off.

pcxxy
June 15, 2007, 08:21 PM
i love this full fighting chapter, it's been a while since we have one of these all out things.

the action is pretty creative too.

btw, it's uber funny how we were all fooled to believe that Tobi's identity would be revealed...*laughs at his own guesses*

o wells ~

bighawke5
June 15, 2007, 08:23 PM

pretty simle really if thats ur whole argument...to hit a land mine u have to be running or walkin on the ground which naruto didnt even have to do to land a hit on deidara..he just did it by jumping...and i believe u all that the circumstances are diff but u gonna tell me that deidara was so defenseless when he was runnin away with gaara that even jonohamaru couldve defeated him??? thats absurd for one he wasnt runnin away from both kakashi and naruto he was baiting naruto...y do i say that..1st they were done with gaara...gaara was dead so they didnt need his body anymore but when naruto said give gaara back he took him and ran with him...decided to test the kyuubi..thing is after kakashi used his magenkyou he stopped and then naruto jumped and used a rasengan...now imagine if this was this situation...naruto didnt need to run on the land or walk on it to attack deidara he then tapped into the kyuubi's chakra and then pumched deidara...ppl say well the situations are diff and that he was low on clay...i say BS he still had enough to make that bird and run with gaara to taunt naruto and still had enough to do a kawarimi...to me he knew that naruto was ajinchuriki but decided to taunt him nethertheless so he must have know what the consequences would be even if he hadnt heard of naruto's name like he heard sasuke was strong...but still he taunted them and when naruto got his bird why didnt he try to run again? he stood there on that tree lookin at naruto and talkin to himself then got "comboed" till he reached the ground..
i hate the fact that u guys say that deidara was runnin outta clay cuz he didnt say it and he stood there when he knew how pissed naruto was and that kakashi was there and had a doujutsu that was similar to itachi..even he stated it..so if he was really in a pinch why didnt he run after naruto got gaara and he waited till he got punched and stuff and used the kawarimi (clay bushin) to run away sayin "no wonder his punches are so strong he's the jinchuriki"...

anyway im not bashin any one but im trying to get ppl to understand that sasuke could've gotten deidara by doin tha same thing ..jumping on himwith the distraction of the explosions and gotten on the dragon to effectively fight deidara
i understand how the situations were diff but its not a reason to say deidara couldnt defend himself against naruto and kakashi cuz he's the one that taunted them by takin the lifeless gaara with him..

o and i dont believe sasuke sacreficed his wing to get deidara...thats my take on it i dont know why ppl think that but i guess its cuz they are too proud to say that sasuke got hurt cuz he was in a pinch for a sec..

lordHokage
June 15, 2007, 08:42 PM
Its cool to help friends, but this is different, sasuke already said he didnt want help and asked naruto to mind his own business. Naruto is insisting too much. He needs to realize Sasuke has to do this. Its the most important thing in his life to kill his brother and who can blame him?

Sasuke said it but when the time comes he would be asking for help. This battle would be the first step for Sasuke to acknowledge help from his friends. In order for Sasuke to kill his brother, he need to maximize the full power of the Sharingan and not the CS2, he can’t touch Itachi using that power. :blink

It says that next chapter is entitled, the artist Grand Finale. I wonder if it's going to be a finale for Deidara or if Deidara is going to finish Sasuke off.

It could be a combination of both, the battle comes to a standstill with many consequence for Sasuke and Deidara. :eyeroll

kadodo
June 15, 2007, 08:54 PM
It could be a combination of both, the battle comes to a standstill with many consequence for Sasuke and Deidara. :eyeroll

You might be right on that but I think that this fight will somehow be interfered by somebody. I don't know who because there are so many people out there.

Impel Down
June 15, 2007, 09:04 PM
Wow, Naruto actually interested me with this chapter a bit. However, it seems like Tobi should have done something...better then what he did. Otherwise, yeah, good chapter. I could help but uttering "ha, bitch" when Deidara got pinned by those shuriken.

kadodo
June 15, 2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah, it alos surprised me to see Deidara get caught by these Shuriken, and remember that he said: " I'm stuck". If he's not faking it, I would like to see how he will get out of it himslef or if he will have Tobi help him.

kingfencer
June 15, 2007, 09:32 PM
ok, its not a bushin, or deidra would of turned into smoke, only thing i can think of is tobi, pulling her into the ground and running away. he got out after planting the mines, he knows the way back.

kadodo
June 15, 2007, 09:35 PM
That's a possibility since we have not yet seen Tobi's true powers. However, I have to correct you on something, Deidara is not a girl XD!

MadDog
June 15, 2007, 09:40 PM
Not a bad chapter at all, in my opinion.

The teamwork/strategy from Deidara & Tobi was impressive. You'd have to think that their air/land tactic would work in most cases. And Sasuke actually received a serious injury as a result.

The one thing about this chapter that seemd kind of odd was how Deidara's Dragon spun out of control after losing a wing, but Sasuke was able to launch him self under full control...also with one wing. Maybe the sharingan allows you to fly with one wing? Seriously, who knows, it just seemed kind of funny to me.

kadodo
June 15, 2007, 09:42 PM
Oh yeah, you just reminded me of something. I thought that Sasuke would not be able o fly since he lost one wing, but all of a sudden he was on his sword and was flying. I wonder if the sword had something to do with it

aziboxe
June 15, 2007, 09:47 PM
ok... well i'm not following the discussion here, but...:

"pop is dead! My style is superflat!" <---beautiful ^_~

(laughs-to-self... ROFL!! ..harhar!! )

MadDog
June 15, 2007, 09:52 PM
Oh yeah, you just reminded me of something. I thought that Sasuke would not be able o fly since he lost one wing, but all of a sudden he was on his sword and was flying. I wonder if the sword had something to do with it

It could have been the sword. Plus, seeing a ninja pull off a crazy jump is not unexpected (especially someone at his level, not to mention the CS2). But, the idea that he used the one wing to help stabalize his flight is kind of rediculous. He'd lose balance and spin out of control just like the dragon.

kadodo
June 15, 2007, 09:55 PM
While it is true that he should have lost his balance but I think the weight of the sword might of adjusted his balance. However, I have a feeling that his wing might grow back. since Orochimaru was all about rebirth, it is possible that his wings could be reborn. That's one opion when you think about it

MadDog
June 15, 2007, 09:58 PM
While it is true that he should have lost his balance but I think the weight of the sword might of adjusted his balance. However, I have a feeling that his wing might grow back. since Orochimaru was all about rebirth, it is possible that his wings could be reborn. That's one opion when you think about it

True, plus it wasn't like he was flying continuosly, it was more of flying leap than anything.

As for the wing, I think he'll definetly grow it back. Plus, my bet is that Karin is a medical-nin (there has to be some reason why he picked her besides smelling chakra). Maybe she'll be able to patch him up.

kadodo
June 15, 2007, 10:02 PM
It would not surprise me if Karin were a medical ninja. I also think that we will finally find out what equipments Team Hebi went to buy in the previous chapters

Saifi
June 15, 2007, 10:56 PM
Okay 1st and foremost

whats with the spam dude ! ? u needing attention?
okay now that thats out of the way
-----------------
Give sauske some credit the guy turned a hopeless situation around , also props to tobi and deidara on their combo move , both good reasons why i liked the chapter !
but heres what i dont understand ....
Why Oh Why is everyone sooooo amazed that sauske did what he did ? he is supposed to be a genius and this would be the type of thing that you would expect from sauske the guy is a ninja , he used what he had if naruto was in his place he prolly would have made a friging kb ladder to get to deidara ! or have one of his bunshins just throw the other one up ! they are both shinobi's and getting high enough should not be a problem for either of them. And sorry to say but who ever thinks that this piece of ingenuity makes his equal shikamaru .....umm..they need to take their meds :) (i am not even gonna argue about it !)

now if u really wanna show that sauske was smart then you prolly should argue sth like.... he jumped on his sword because when u put your chakra through a weapon you can channel it further and thats another reason why his chidori blade reached the dragon ! (just a thought)

Another thing who ever said that the battle was over or deidara was dead? Okay so he is "pinned" by a shiruken , as far as i remember he has another bloody hand to pull the damn thing out ! also deidara is apparently in deep shit because he falls on mines and causes multiple eplosions but noone is worried about sauske who is still under the HUGE C2 dragon that deidara is "pinned" on ! or is sauske now impervious to the huge frickin explosion of mines, that restricted his movements a min ago ???

and Obito ..i mean tobi !! why is no one talking about him seemingly being able to meld in with the ground at will ? i mean whats with comparing sauske to naruto again all of a sudden? (DAM I ASK A LOT OF Qs)

but regardless of the comparisons i thought the chapter was pretty entertaining a good ninja fight *thumbs up* i iked that both parties had " Ooh Crap !!!" moments (except tobi, but hes too cool)

ps: i do think that this will be deidara's last fight but i seriously doubt that tobi would do anymore than assist deidara, or want to fight sauske even if deidara died and i bet hell just walk away while sauske will be all blodied up and staggering when back up arrives and tobi will be like "this is too troublesome i guess ill head back , poor sempai , he was a good sempai "

SacredNic
June 15, 2007, 11:38 PM
w00t! What a chapter! More more more!! :tem
[hr]

hehe yep.... Wins Best Quote of the Hurricane Chronicles IMO :tem

Face Cannon
June 15, 2007, 11:44 PM
Can't Sasuke tap into his curse seal power using the Sharingan somehow to make it so he doesn't waste chakra or something like that? I think Sasuke's constantly using the curse seal to be faster, so he's always depending on it.

And that dragon wasn't made of explosives, guys. Deidara didn't need saving when a clay dragon was smothering the blast. Now that the dragon has been exploded, he's no longer pinned to it. I'm betting we'll see Deidara stand up and take a shuriken or two out of his shoulder, and then we'll see Sasuke landing on some mines himself.

Again, Sasuke didn't take a "calculated risk" getting his wing blown off. It was a desperation move because he couldn't go anywhere and a giant homing bomb was flying at him. As for the shuriken and lightning blade attack, that was an actual strategy. But it wasn't anything overly elaborate.

Seranel N'Ryt
June 15, 2007, 11:56 PM
Deidara vs Sasuke

yeah it's so good! +_+ Dei-chan's C2 dragon is great. it's not POP ART but SUPERFLAT ^-^

LANDMINE o.o.......................
Dei and Sasuke fell to the landmine. they can't move. uhh... Tobi must rescue senpai hehe

enlightened monkey
June 16, 2007, 12:29 AM
It's good to know Sasuke would have been killed without absolute reliance on a power given to him by the one he killed.....about time he was humbled.

ophidial
June 16, 2007, 12:34 AM
well why would he worry about the mines if he just lands in the areas where
the mines have already been set off, seems pretty logical to me, also
to someone who mentioned the shurikens coming from diff directions i think in
page 12 it shows that sasuke is using wires as well.

anyways an action packed chapter, i hope its isn't the end just yet though.

Sentou Ryoku
June 16, 2007, 12:56 AM
Well, Deidara SEEMS to be done in again just like his fight with Gaara, but he pulled through that one and he seems to be a faker when he "blew" himself up. I wonder what he's gonna do this time 'round? His arms are starting to become expendable at this point and Kakuzu's not around anymore to sew up missing body parts. Hopefully Deidara will be the wrench thrown into team Hebi's plans. It'd be too clean cut if Sasuke just beats him and be all like "Koo, let's move on". Tobi need to pull out some cool jutsu other than the earth-movement.

kit99bar
June 16, 2007, 01:58 AM
was Tobi going under ground his "that' jutsu? That's pretty weak for something so hyped.

One Bad Mo Fo
June 16, 2007, 02:16 AM
I wonder if Sasuke forgot all those fancy projectile fire techniques in the past 3 years. It's nice that the fight isn't too one-sided at least. All of this makes Naruto seem decently strong by comparison.

Askia32
June 16, 2007, 02:31 AM
Wow, so much Sasuke and Naruto debates, kind of fun to read. Let me break it down though(or might just be stating the obvious) so it will foreverly be broke. Like stated before, Sasuke is a genious, which means he's expected to do very impressive things. Now comparing his strategy to Shikamaru is a bit too much. Naruto has the Kyuubi, and a rediculous amount of chakra and stamina. Were talkin bout the kid that defeated Neji and Gaara within, lets say 2 hours. Naruto has a lot more chakra to try different jutsu's to figure out his opponent, and be able to bust out 3 tries of his new S rank technique. Sasuke can't do that. Sasuke has to figure out his opponent while expending the least amount of chakra. So Sasuke has to come up with incredible strategy and think many steps ahead while fighting an unpredictable enemy. Naruto, who is pretty smart in battle(sometimes, hopefully for now on) can make dumb mistakes, but it won't cost him the match.

Great chapter. Loved the fighting. It's tight to see how much Sasuke has grown. Before Sasuke defeated Oro, he was on a little losing streak(the rain ninja, and Gaara), mostly beacause of his chakra capacity. It's going to be so tight when Naruto and Sasuke fight together as a team again.

hayateblitz
June 16, 2007, 03:05 AM
Sasuke's wing got chopped off!! O.O" ouch* looks painful. Though not much blood has been lost seeing that one of his limbs just got cut off :P

anyways, his "grand finale". I wonder if the next chapter would be the last for Deidera?

and Lol to Tobi telling the whole world that he has just buried land mines all over the place. I reckon they would have been much more effective if he had kept his mouth shut :P

ah well, Sasuke being incapacitated this early on in the fight. Sigh.. Hope that's the only limb he's going to lose.. maybe he'll sprout another wing :P

All of this makes Naruto seem decently strong by comparison.

I agree. Though its really hard to say at this stage. Seeing that its 2 against one and surrounded by land explosives and sky bombings :P

manga_freaky
June 16, 2007, 03:07 AM
Mistakes that won't cost him because there are always watchers behind him like kakashi or yamato to the rescue. He was about to get his heart thorn out by kakuzu with a lil miss, how about that. No matter what ppl think i still think that sasuke without seeking help and knowing his weaknesses still pull some very impressive strategies without making mistakes and that is the most important thing. There is no point of having a freaking S rank jutsu if you can't hit or worse not allowed to use. Don't get me wrong i love naruto but it's just that ppl overestimate him too much.
Dei was over 20 feet high there is no way Naruto would reach NO WAY with those bombs coming down.
Sasuke using the enemy own weapon against him is what true skills mean. Btw Sasuke & co were after kakuzu and hidan. And after reading 357 hidan and kakuzu would have been done in less than 20 min with sasuke and 5 with the hebi team (tobi slash= equal hidan instant death). lol

Gio
June 16, 2007, 03:13 AM
When did Kakashi use Raikiri against Deidara?

hayateblitz
June 16, 2007, 03:35 AM
Ah well, somethings might be common knowledge like Kakashi being the Copy Cat Ninja. Deidara might have heard of some finishing moves unique to kakashi alone.

I thought this chapter was alright. Not fantastic, but alright. I don't think Kishi drew Sasuke ad Naruto out of character on purpose. i mean, though it would seem that sasuke should have been owned by Deidara, he wasnt cuz he pulled off some pretty good moves to turn the tables around. (like manga_freaky wrote) how is that out of character? we havent seen sasuke fight for like 2+ years? and Naruto also went off to train for the last 2+ years and recently with his shadow clones. I think Kishi is just trying to show some character development here..

Though i must say, I thought it was very IN character for Deidara to be seemingly in control of a battle only to have the tables turned on him later :P

Face Cannon
June 16, 2007, 03:40 AM
Naruto probably could have just made of ladder out of clones if he wanted to, and leaped really high with Kyubi power. Naruto's strong, but I don't know if he could keep up with Sasuke's speed without using the Kyubi. In that case, he'd have a powerful defensive shell if he goes as far as fourth tail, and I doubt Sasuke could penetrate it. Even if he did, Naruto could just regenerate the damage.

Thinking about it, Sasuke will probably land where the mines have already gone off, I guess. But I'm really hoping he lands on mines, too. Either way, the best of Deidara is yet to come, judging by the title of the next chapter. I really hope Sasuke has a hard time. And I'm really hoping we get a peek at what Tobi's truly capable of. He must be able to do more besides be Deidara's lacky if he's in Akatsuki.

wooticus
June 16, 2007, 04:17 AM
this chapter really showed that sasuke is not that strong as some people thought, especially not without cursed seal.. and his shape manipulation chidori is also not the real deal because of the short range (but i must insist, it was more than 5 meters when he hit oro with it ;-))

i wonder how the manga's going on.. that chapters proves that sasuke alone can not defeat itachi, by far.. well but he looks so like a tactic genius, he must have one for itachi too (but i think itachi could be a even greater tactic genius, he only wasn't force to do so..)

tobis under ground jutsu was a earth technique. ubito was hurt in a fight against rock nins, earth users, this is another sign for a rock nin taking and "fixing" ubito to tobi..

Pollux
June 16, 2007, 04:18 AM
Although I don't really like Deidara, I found this chapter rather good with a good combination of action and strategy.
The problem for Sasuke is that he is already using CS2 and we don't know how long he can stay in this form (by the way, I really prefer how he looks in CS2 with his clothes from Part 2 rather than with the ones he had in Part 1) and it would be surprising to see Deidara lose so soon (especially since the "spoiler" at the end of the chapter say "the end of an artist" and these spoilers are often wrong) so he might be in a dangerous position. Not to forget that Tobi is still here.
As for Tobi, I suppose his power is simply to be able to become immaterial since he was able to move underground and be slashed by Sasuke's sword without being hurt. And as Face Cannon says, he must be more than simply Deidara's lackey (and a good boy ;))
As for Sasuke landing on the mines, I hope he won't land on the same as Deidara fell on as it would be a very dangerous situation for Deidare (explosion of the mines + Sasuke in front of him), especially since his hands are hurt.
Seeing Sasuke losing one of his "wings" made me wonder if he could grow another one to replace the one he lost. After all, they are not really part of his "initial" body as they are grown because of the CS 2.

tombstone
June 16, 2007, 05:48 AM
Deidara isn't dead... yet.

He hasn't taken his robes off, which seems to be the cue for Akatsuki to die, Kakazu took his off, he was killed, Sasori took his off, he was killed, Hidan didn't take his off, but I think he'll be back, Kishimoto simply CANNOT kill the Akatsuki this quickly, they're getting very outnumbered by people capable of taking them out.

Nice chapter though ^-^

dasher232
June 16, 2007, 06:07 AM
You would have thought that deidara would have used a clone to ride the dragon like he did with Naruto, when he was riding the bird.

shachi
June 16, 2007, 07:57 AM
It is possible that Sasuke's wing wasn't actually torn off by an explosion. Since he can control his transformation somewhat, perhaps Sasuke just made it look like he was vulnerable, suckering Deidara into a trap.

I don't think Kishimoto depicted the fight as well as he could have. A lot of the panels didn't flow together smoothly to give a clear picture of what exactly was going on.

I did like a little touch at the end though, when one of the mouths on Deidara's palms coughs up blood.

ANBU4U
June 16, 2007, 09:47 AM
It is possible that Sasuke's wing wasn't actually torn off by an explosion. Since he can control his transformation somewhat, perhaps Sasuke just made it look like he was vulnerable, suckering Deidara into a trap.

I don't think Kishimoto depicted the fight as well as he could have. A lot of the panels didn't flow together smoothly to give a clear picture of what exactly was going on.

I did like a little touch at the end though, when one of the mouths on Deidara's palms coughs up blood.

That was nice.

I also agree about the artwork...it took a sec. I had to read through twice b4 I realized the Shuriken were on wires, and thats how Sasuke had manipulated them.
[hr]

It's good to know Sasuke would have been killed without absolute reliance on a power given to him by the one he killed.....about time he was humbled.

So? Why be shy about what he got from Oro? Thats the whole point of training with him.

sKaR
June 16, 2007, 10:13 AM
I wonder if sasuke can regenerate his wing.Im not sure but may b if u pour in mor chakra to the cs may b u can heal n stuff.It already gives u superspeed n great power...y not healing ability too.But his wings seem more like the gliding kind than the flying kind.V may never no cauz deidara had to cut of his wing before he flew(so that debate still up in the air if sasuke can fly or not)But i dont think sasuke will get too much damage from this fall as already dei stuk on the dragon will set of the mines n sasuke will fall may b a few seconds later when the smoke has cleared a little....So now its chiyobaa-1,naruto-1,shikamaru-1,sasuke-1/2(thats 1 or 2 ,not half...about tobi's fate, v will have to c in next chapters)

Omi
June 16, 2007, 10:59 AM
Mistakes that won't cost him because there are always watchers behind him like kakashi or yamato to the rescue. He was about to get his heart thorn out by kakuzu with a lil miss, how about that. No matter what ppl think i still think that sasuke without seeking help and knowing his weaknesses still pull some very impressive strategies without making mistakes and that is the most important thing. There is no point of having a freaking S rank jutsu if you can't hit or worse not allowed to use. Don't get me wrong i love naruto but it's just that ppl overestimate him too much.
Dei was over 20 feet high there is no way Naruto would reach NO WAY with those bombs coming down.
Sasuke using the enemy own weapon against him is what true skills mean. Btw Sasuke & co were after kakuzu and hidan. And after reading 357 hidan and kakuzu would have been done in less than 20 min with sasuke and 5 with the hebi team (tobi slash= equal hidan instant death). lol

He has Taju Kage bushin ... human ladder. Plus he could go one or two tails and just drag Deidara down with a chakra claw. Thats based on what we know he can do at the moment. Oh, I forgot, he could have also thrown himself up there as a shuriken or something.

fremeer
June 16, 2007, 11:22 AM
umm naruto is wind element, how hard would it be to put wind on the bottom of ur feet and push up?

QMark
June 16, 2007, 11:37 AM
Personally, I'm a little disappointed in Sasuke. Reason is because Sasuke is currently in his search for Itachi, a man who should be alot smarter and harder to fight than Deidara. I try to put Itachi in the same situation as Sasuke and can't help but think that the fight could have been over before it even began. Even with the Mine/Air Bomb combo. Or maybe I'm exaggerating Itachi's skill.
Point is, Sasuke had to go CS2 in order to "win" this fight. I'm not saying thats a horrible thing. I was just expecting a bit more with Sasuke's sole use on the sharingan before having to resort to his trump card. I guess Sasuke isn't actually trying to kill Deidara though. He still needs information on Itachi. After training all those years with Orochimaru, you would think he picked up other uses besides shape manipulation and quick speed. Such as, I don't know, MORE JUTSUS TO IMMOBILIZE THE ENEMY?!? Oh well, Kishi sure does do a great job a build up and cliff hanger thought. I'm definitely awaiting new chapters now.

dasher232
June 16, 2007, 11:44 AM
umm naruto is wind element, how hard would it be to put wind on the bottom of ur feet and push up?

You wouldn't even need to do that. Considering his manipulation training and his element wind is all around so it would be like fighting a shark under water. Thats assuming Kishi actually stops limiting Naruto. For all we know Naruto might turn up to his next fight and announce wind manipulation hurts his body and his chakra channels are busted...

lordHokage
June 16, 2007, 12:11 PM
You might be right on that but I think that this fight will somehow be interfered by somebody. I don't know who because there are so many people out there.

It could be Zetus, Itachi or Kisame, or another bombshell, or maybe Kabuto. He’s waiting and watching for his opportunity, he wants vengeance. What better way to beat up your adversary when they are helpless. I don't think any members of team Hebi or Leaf would get involved right now maybe much later on. :blink

dasher232
June 16, 2007, 12:53 PM
In the light of Sasuke's Shika like minipulation. Does anyone else have the distinct feeling Naruto's wind minipulation might see him mirror Neji's heavenly spin?. Or something similar from one of his team mates?. Especially since kishi seems to be repeating people's moves without being too obvious.

kadodo
June 16, 2007, 12:59 PM
Sasuke's performance is a little dissapointing to me. I was wondering if Deidara is using all rhese seals to make his fire explosions, why can't Sasuke use his fire jutsus since he is an Uchiha.

KyleUchiha
June 16, 2007, 01:43 PM
Perhaps he knew could get Deidara without the Fire jutsu or considering how high Deidara was he might be able to dodge it. And maybe he has mostly been concentrating on the Lightning jutsus, so he might be more limited in the fire jutsus.

But he got the job done so far, he brought Deidara down. To the ground at least.

Askia32
June 16, 2007, 01:47 PM
Because his fire jutsu's use alot of chakra. Ofcourse Itachi would have defeated Deidara a lot quicker because he knows his opponent. Sasuke went into a 1-2 situation with out knowing anything about his opponents.

When Naruto starts using wind element in battle without it being a S ranked jutsu, he is going to be incredible.

kadodo
June 16, 2007, 01:50 PM
I guess you right about Itachi beating Deidara quicker because he actually knows his opponent's techniques. However, we know that Sasuke had to sacrifice himself in order to bring Deidara down.

coolitman
June 16, 2007, 01:54 PM
I thought Sasuke was good but I was surprised these days he just seems to shift into CS2 without any thought to it. I wonder if the next time he morphs he will get his wing back or if it permanently lost. The bit withhis sword was pretty cool and i think Kishi's doing pretty well in showing that Sasuke is still u know, the guy that was number 1 rookie ie the best. I don't think Deidara is dead yet cos at the end it goes something about the artist, but maybe it is referring to Tobi's power...I hope we see more from the others next week and I also hope both Deidara and Tobi die soon.

My 100th post (i think)!!!!!

kadodo
June 16, 2007, 01:58 PM
I myself is kind of dissapointed in the way that Sasuke is fighting. However, the question is if Sasuke is fighting at full strength. If you ask me, I do not think so, there has to be something that that he has decided not to do yet. Something only reserved for Itachi. If Deidara is not dead, I bet he will continue to attack with his sword.

ANBU4U
June 16, 2007, 02:24 PM
Honeslty...I don't think Sasuke used CS2 so much because he couldn't handle Diedara's power....as much as he used it because he needed it it to open up options for attacking Diedara. Anyway you look at it everyone other than Sai and Garra would have a hard ass time countering-attacking Diedara. There just aren't many shinobi that can fight at that range. So yea...Sasuke didn't need CS2, he needed the wings. If that makes sense.

QMark
June 16, 2007, 02:40 PM
Actually he needed CS2. Otherwise he would have been blown to pieces without the protection. Which is one of the reasons Deidara wanted to get rid of them. The other reason being quite obvious as well.

IMO, Sasuke is a great ninja. But at this level I still don't see him being a match for Itachi. That was the only point I was trying to make. I know we shouldn't really gauge someone's strength on how other ninjas would handle the same situations because each ninja has different weaknesses but if Sasuke is going to take on someone parallel to himself, he has to start relying more on his own power instead of the curse seal. Wings or no wings. Just like the same way I think Naruto should rely on his own power than the Kyuubi's. Easier said than done.

All in all I really liked this chapter. I also like how Tobi is still a huge mystery even after being involved in the fight. People keep saying he has phasing abilities, which seems plausible. Others with the whole Obito=Tobi. Personally I just love his character overall, whether any of those are true. He brings a new life to the manga. The humorous side of Kishi if you will. He is definitely putting on a show most of the time though, which leads me to believe he is a power house when he is serious.

dasher232
June 16, 2007, 02:42 PM
Honeslty...I don't think Sasuke used CS2 so much because he couldn't handle Diedara's power....as much as he used it because he needed it it to open up options for attacking Diedara. Anyway you look at it everyone other than Sai and Garra would have a hard ass time countering-attacking Diedara. There just aren't many shinobi that can fight at that range. So yea...Sasuke didn't need CS2, he needed the wings. If that makes sense.

Well they would If deidara didn't announce to them his entire plan.

theshizzle
June 16, 2007, 03:07 PM
Is Sauske really stronger than Diedara? Intially I thought the Members of Akatsuki were

about all same, but could there be a huge power gap between some members ,AL not

included.. because i don't see Sauske pwning Itachi like he just did to Diedara...Sorry for

not staying on topic but...I can't believe Kishi is really making Sauske a real bad ass. I

honestly don't think Naruto has a chance right now. Naruto can have all the power but

Sauske will always always be smarter than Naruto, not 1,000,000 KageBushins could

learn all of what Sauske knows..with that said, Diedara should obvisouly not be dead yet,

and I can almost be postiive we will finally get to see what Tobi can do next.
[hr]
GREAT chapter though.

lordHokage
June 16, 2007, 03:38 PM
Actually he needed CS2. Otherwise he would have been blown to pieces without the protection. Which is one of the reasons Deidara wanted to get rid of them. The other reason being quite obvious as well.

IMO, Sasuke is a great ninja. But at this level I still don't see him being a match for Itachi. That was the only point I was trying to make. I know we shouldn't really gauge someone's strength on how other ninjas would handle the same situations because each ninja has different weaknesses but if Sasuke is going to take on someone parallel to himself, he has to start relying more on his own power instead of the curse seal. Wings or no wings. Just like the same way I think Naruto should rely on his own power than the Kyuubi's. Easier said than done.

All in all I really liked this chapter. I also like how Tobi is still a huge mystery even after being involved in the fight. People keep saying he has phasing abilities, which seems plausible. Others with the whole Obito=Tobi. Personally I just love his character overall, whether any of those are true. He brings a new life to the manga. The humorous side of Kishi if you will. He is definitely putting on a show most of the time though, which leads me to believe he is a power house when he is serious.

Thank you for not being so narrow-minded. I completely agree with you on all things - the good, the bad and the ugly. I am speechless. :)

QMark
June 16, 2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks. I try to stay open to all possibilities in which Kishimoto has in store for us. I mean, I least expected Kabuto to integrate Orochimaru in his body. I'm pretty sure very few people saw that coming. I think its all great in a way.

off-topic:What I'm sort of confused about is Orochimaru's still being alive or not. I mean I know he is alive in Kabuto but what I am referring to exactly is when Sasuke first showed Kabuto what had happened inside in his mind. Maybe I might have read a wrong translation or something but didn't Kabuto clearly state that Orochimaru wasn't dead, only taken over by Sasuke's will? So would that mean if Orochimaru does not succeed in taking Kabuto's body, he will still be able to take over Sasuke? Oh well, thats completely off-topic.

I have only one more thing to say for this chapter. Deidara is a very smart and tactical ninja. The air and land mine combination is a superb technique, especially combined with C2 explosives. I think even Deidara mentioned surviving a C2 blast from close range would be crucially harmful, even to him. Maybe not in those exact words but something was said along those lines by him. Oh well, I''ll save the predicting for the actual prediction thread.

Sky9
June 16, 2007, 06:23 PM
dude I agree, Deidara's stronger points are def/ his ability to analyze and come up
with strategeez dealing w/ his opponents in immediate combat. And he's most known
for appearing helpless then catches them off guard(i.e gaara, kyubi-naruto) at least
to attack or retreat. Just cause he doesn't measure up to most based on physcial
strength doesn't nessasarily make him "weak". I hope Sasuke knows that before he
gives himself a pat on the back. Anyway the chapt. rocks as usual..I really enjoy
reading ya'llz opinions.

Decorus
June 16, 2007, 07:00 PM
Deidara is not being owned by Sasuke, rather Deidara made a serious tactical error in the amount of distance he kept from his opponent. A few more feet away and Sasuke would literally be unable to counterattack. Sasuke did something anyone would do when thier opponent is just out of range, which is to find a way to increase your attack range. Deidara was too full of himself too realize that Sasuke would attempt such a basic strategy and then adjust his range accordingly.

Sasuke didn't plan on Sacrificing his wing to obtain victory, that is pretty idiotic to even suggest it. Now for the people suggesting Sasuke is holding his own against two Akatsuki members I think they need to go back and actually read the last few chapters. Tobi and Deidara have pretty much zero teamwork and actually hinder each other more then they help.

Narasu
June 16, 2007, 07:53 PM
Deidara is not being owned by Sasuke, rather Deidara made a serious tactical error in the amount of distance he kept from his opponent.

He may not be getting owned like Naruto did against 30% Itachi clone's finger, but Sasuke clearly has the advantage over Deidara, currently that is.

Sasuke didn't plan on Sacrificing his wing to obtain victory, that is pretty idiotic to even suggest it. Now for the people suggesting Sasuke is holding his own against two Akatsuki members I think they need to go back and actually read the last few chapters. Tobi and Deidara have pretty much zero teamwork and actually hinder each other more then they help.

Well if you recall that Tobi was the one that planted the land mines in the first place, causing Sasuke to resort to desperate measures, I'd say that is pretty good teamwork even if it is only an indirect attack from Tobi.

Face Cannon
June 16, 2007, 08:27 PM
Sasuke is taking on two Akatsuki members and apparently has the upper hand. To say he's underpowered is insane. If anything, he's grossly overpowered with his speed.

Sky9
June 16, 2007, 09:24 PM
I think the term "grossly overpowered" refering to Sasuke's
skill is somewhat an overstatment..he's already in CS2 and
has one wing coming towards the climax of a battle with
an experienced S-class ninja..(haven't seen Tobi really get crunk yet)
Oro would have a hard time against Deidara, so I don't think his jutsus
would really show much but a bunch of chakra fireworks. Clearly Sasuke
is a mid-to close range fighter, and if he could "fly" he would've..I'm
assuming he glides and uses his wings for protection. Closing the gap
between he and Deidara is what he needs to do in order for him to
be more effective. He's done(doing) a good job holding his own against
an opponent with more battle prowess. Kinda tones down the Sharingan
powerup theory since he's had it activated since the fight started. Can we
say they've both pushed each other to pull out the trump cards at this point?

murani-san
June 16, 2007, 11:17 PM
Sasuke was surprisingly battered this chapter. I didn't expect that at all the way Kishi had been writing Sasuke's character. Apparently Sasuke used 1 wing to help propel himself into the air but just like Deidara lost balance because his clay dragon's wing was cut off wouldn't Sasuke be pushed to 1 side if he only had 1 wing to propel? Just a thought.

The thing that made me laugh in the chapter was Sasuke with 1 shoe on and 1 shoe off with a beast foot looking like a reject Dr. Hank McCoy (Beast from X-Men). LOL

The thing that made me go wtf was that? Deidara and Tobi working in perfect unison to lay the landmine trap for Sasuke only to have Tobi pop out of the ground and Deidara going on to explain his ENTIRE plan to Sasuke. I'm glad Sasuke countered because Deidara was an idiot for detailing his plan.

QMark
June 17, 2007, 01:50 AM
Well the thing about Deidara explaining his plan wasn't all too stupid as everything was quite obvious. There is pretty much no way he didn't know already after he experienced the mine trap himself. And as Deidara pounds away with bombs from the air, Sasuke has to keep maneuvering on the ground, which also wasn't an option. The only logical option was to take down Deidara with his own trap, which is exactly what Sasuke did. I think this was a case of underestimation more than anything. The whole time Deidara focused on just Sasuke's speed being the problem but as we have all seen Sasuke fight before, we all know he can come up with quick tactics. This isn't really anything new for us or at least it shouldn't be.

The thing I really wanted to see to be honest, was Sai showing up to help. Not just because of the irony factor but because Artist vs Artist would have just been great manga entertainment. Not to mention we haven't seen what Sai is capable of against an S-Class Nin. Or even what he is truly capable of if even at all. (This of course referring to what his trump card might be) Oh well, thats completely off-topic.

yemsta
June 17, 2007, 03:18 AM
Well the thing about Deidara explaining his plan wasn't all too stupid as everything was quite obvious. There is pretty much no way he didn't know already after he experienced the mine trap himself. And as Deidara pounds away with bombs from the air, Sasuke has to keep maneuvering on the ground, which also wasn't an option. The only logical option was to take down Deidara with his own trap, which is exactly what Sasuke did. I think this was a case of underestimation more than anything. The whole time Deidara focused on just Sasuke's speed being the problem but as we have all seen Sasuke fight before, we all know he can come up with quick tactics. This isn't really anything new for us or at least it shouldn't be.

The thing I really wanted to see to be honest, was Sai showing up to help. Not just because of the irony factor but because Artist vs Artist would have just been great manga entertainment. Not to mention we haven't seen what Sai is capable of against an S-Class Nin. Or even what he is truly capable of if even at all. (This of course referring to what his trump card might be) Oh well, thats completely off-topic.

but you have to question "why did deidara reveal his plan". Think about it he knows sooner or later sasuke will attack him and try and get him back onto the ground and he knows that there are land mines there so I think deidara knew exactly what he was doing and he set off the landmines as a distraction for him to regain the use of his arms so to say.

I also think loosing his arms will not affect deidara because he never seems to mind loosing them therefore the explosions we saw were a distraction to regain the use of his arms.

Darrenj
June 17, 2007, 06:03 AM

Check the manga again:
Sasuke is blown back by a small explosion (page 4)
Diadara does a large one, next thing we see his sasuke with his seal after the smoke is dissapearing(8)

It wasnt just for the wings
I believe if he stayed in normal form, he would of been seriously injured

DarkManSharingan32
June 17, 2007, 08:55 AM
I'm going to go ahead and say that i really liked this chapter.... all parts of it.
Sasuke, in this chapter showed the quick-thinking genius that we say wayyyy back in the first Bell Test.

I guess for me... I found the pacing of the chapter a little better than most... Maybe i was just little more prepared for a full-fledged Sasuke battle (because as soon as I saw Shurikens i KNEW they were on nin-wire).

Anyways, as for the CS2 portion of the battle... Sasuke could use partial transformation for just the wings if thats what he really wanted. Upping it to full CS2 probably gave Sasuke a better chance to take on the concussion waves from a bomb detonating that close.

And guys... don't get mad at Deidara for giving away his plan. All the bad-guys do it, as this is technically a kids manga. AND the most important reason... was for the Cocky-ass Deidara to start showing a little fear and respect for Sasuke.

Anyways, it was a well written and well drawn comeback for Kid Uchiha... but this IS Akatsuki... I dont think Deidara is dead yet. But an artist being destroyed by his own art... is an ending that seems to fit.

akatsuki27
June 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
hey everyone...first post here....small victory for myself

anyway, about the discussion, im sure deidara isnt dead yet, he might have been protected by the dragon...we dont know if it actually blew up...the last pane shows lots of smaller explosions all around but considering the size of the dragon it would have made a much bigger explosion

remember that deidara's bombs blow up because of his chakra...so theres that possibility that parts of the dragon didnt blow up

War
June 17, 2007, 11:41 AM
Wow. This chapter was fascinating. Showed me that Sasuke wasn't all that invincible, with him getting so injured. However, the way he made use of Deidara's own traps was still very very professional.

Too bad I didn't see much (if any) action from Tobi, apart from him going underground to plant those bombs.

QMark
June 17, 2007, 12:12 PM
but you have to question "why did deidara reveal his plan". Think about it he knows sooner or later sasuke will attack him and try and get him back onto the ground and he knows that there are land mines there so I think deidara knew exactly what he was doing and he set off the landmines as a distraction for him to regain the use of his arms so to say.

I also think loosing his arms will not affect deidara because he never seems to mind loosing them therefore the explosions we saw were a distraction to regain the use of his arms.

There isn't anything to question. Deidara seriously thought he had the upperhand and had nothing to lose. The surprise of Sasuke reaching him was obviously enough to tip this off. Not to mention being pinned down to your own creation by such, according to deidara, a simple attack. There's no logic whatsoever in playing surprised when you already had the upperhand. It is a great technique so I can understand why Deidara thought he had it won from that point on.

There is also a second purpose for Deidara revealing his plan. For those of the readers who aren't quite following whats happening. We all still have to remember that this is still a manga for entertainment and Kishi does use certain characters as sort of narrators to describe whats happening or to describe how certain things work.

murani-san
June 17, 2007, 12:50 PM
QMark, I can see if you're saying that Kishi is just using Deidara as a narrator and that makes sense but from my perspective that was just stupid. A shinobi should never reveal its plan because like the 3rd hokage said its not over until its over. Then again Deidara is a member of the bad guy akatsuki so it fits the cliche of detailing your plan thinking you have the opponent beat only to see your own plan turned against you.

directorj
June 17, 2007, 01:24 PM
"Pop is dead. My style is Superflat!"

Props to Kishimoto for the Contemporary Art reference! Superflat is the style of a few famous Japanese artists including Takashi Murakami! They use a style similar or the same to the cell-shading techniques of anime and manga in their artwork.

UWAH! The title of the next chapter is: "The Artist's Grand Finale!" I don't want Deirara to die yet! He and Tobi are such a funny team, and artist shinobi are the best thing since sliced bread! Please live through this Deidara!

Hemostrat
June 17, 2007, 03:28 PM
Well, I've never trusted those things at the bottom. I remember when Naruto was training it kept saying "The conclusion of Naruto's training! Next!" and it didn't come until a full 30 or so chapters after.

yemsta
June 17, 2007, 04:24 PM
By the way doesnt it seem as if tobi is a rock nin from the move he used to plant the bombs in the ground looking back on the chapter it did not actually seem like a phasing technique he was IN the ground and when he popped up there were rocks being dislodged and everything. Therefore from sthis I can either assume that was an eath or rock type technique (or he copied it somehow).

Fans of the tobi=obito theory interpret this how you wish hehe :)

Also to the people who say Tobi has a phasing ability this is not true because when sasuke slashed him he actually fell down so the sword did hit him how he didnt get hurt i dont know.

pcxxy
June 17, 2007, 08:05 PM
Something worth thinking about:

If Sasuke can control his Shirukens to pin Deidara onto his C2 dragon, why didn't he just shift them by like a foot and inflict some serious damage on him instead? I guess it's just to make it look 'kakkoiiii~'? ;p

O wells, I'm eager to see what tricks Deidara has up his sleeves before he gets owned.

otaku-garu
June 17, 2007, 09:02 PM
whoa~

cant believe that deidara would fall for a trick like that.

anyway, i agree though, that we get to see sasuke's genius side again, aside from his usual monster brutality..

Decorus
June 17, 2007, 10:19 PM
There is nothing genius about going hmm the guy is staying inches out of my range I know I'll stand on something to get that extra distance.

The reason he did not hit him in any critical locations is he can't interrogate him if he is dead.

akatsuki27
June 17, 2007, 10:33 PM
QMark, I can see if you're saying that Kishi is just using Deidara as a narrator and that makes sense but from my perspective that was just stupid. A shinobi should never reveal its plan because like the 3rd hokage said its not over until its over. Then again Deidara is a member of the bad guy akatsuki so it fits the cliche of detailing your plan thinking you have the opponent beat only to see your own plan turned against you.

there was nothing elaborate about deidara's strategy....before tobi popped out and said he was done, sasuke already realized what was going on because HE HAD JUST STEPPED ON A MINE!!!!

also some people are dissappointed that sasuke went cs2 to fight deidara but you have to see that deidara no matter if you think he is weak compared to other akatsukis...he is still S-class....and for sasuke to easily beat him up will be to say that sasuke is above S-class and thats not true

pcxxy
June 17, 2007, 10:49 PM
The reason he did not hit him in any critical locations is he can't interrogate him if he is dead.

Look, I don't think he could interrogate a body blasted into 20 million pieces either.

Anyhows, I think it just looks cool (but all those narration by Deidara's thought is lame), we shall see what'll happen.

akatsuki27
June 17, 2007, 11:27 PM
"Pop is dead. My style is Superflat!"

Props to Kishimoto for the Contemporary Art reference! Superflat is the style of a few famous Japanese artists including Takashi Murakami! They use a style similar or the same to the cell-shading techniques of anime and manga in their artwork.

I was wondering what superflat style meant....thanks for the info

matsyes
June 18, 2007, 06:06 AM
Not all S-Class ninjas are necessary equal... But one thing is clear from this chapter is that, Sasuke is not ready to face his brother there is no way He can face down the MS. Unless Sasuke is yet hiding something he has some way to go before he can equal his brother... Deidra is a very tactical Ninja He doesn't have too many strengths but he thinks stuff through somewhat like shikamaru that way... Except instead of shadows he does ranged attacks using exploding bombs so I think It is highly likely that he could be beaten by Sasuke ,If sasuke manages to circumvent his ability and use it against him which sasuke has done. Also that doesn't necessarily make sasuke S-class.

That Being said I think Sasuke is definitely S-class, He is certainly better than most Jounins in every area... His Taijutsu with his speed is exceptional, his ninjutsu rocks and he already showed his genjutsu ability against orochimaru. Most jounins are good in one area He is good in all three. He might not be as good as the Kage's but he is definitely S-class.

DarkManSharingan32
June 18, 2007, 09:43 AM
Nothing in this chapter gives any hints as to what Sasuke would do when confronted with his brothers talents.

Nothing.

First of all the battle WILL be one-on-one, with no more than a few snappy words from Kisame. Also, Sasuke will have the option of making the fight hand-to-hand, which is his current best weapon (with this it becomes a battle of speed).

And the MOST IMPORTANT thing this chapter does NOT show, is how Sasuke will deal with the MS. That is a purely mental battle between two brothers. No amount of Elemental Mastery, or THAT JUTSU, will be able to help Sasuke in that Sharingan-Sharingan encounter.

So please, everyone... use this fight as a way to guage Sasuke's abilities, but remember, he will be using a slightly different set when his brother is across from him. And remember, Itachi will just as likely take it right to Sasuke as well.

CheckMate
June 18, 2007, 12:39 PM
Agree.. Sasuke will be dead meat in front of his brother.

In my view, from this battle, there was no (yet?) sufficient benefit from Sasuke being transformed in to CS2 state. Yeah he did block the explosion, but if he is so great, we expect to see more than just that; not just running, and jumping, and performed the same 5-metres Chidori sword.

akatsuki27
June 18, 2007, 03:11 PM
exactly....you cant counter tsukiyomi....you can only resist it with the normal sharingan....and that only last a few seconds....unless sasuke has gained the MS (HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!!) he still cant beat Itachi

lets not forget that itachi is so fast that skilled jounins like kakashi can barely see his seal formations

Mendes
June 18, 2007, 03:24 PM
Well, I doubt that Sasuke has MS as well, but I wonder if he expects to go against Itachi without a way to counter MS and get the win... He is overconfident ok, but he's not stupid. He must have something else or so it seems.

Toad Sage
June 18, 2007, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't be too quick to doubt that Sasuke possesses the MS. I don't want to digress too much from discussing chapter 358, but my reasons are as follows:

1) Sasuke claimed he would obtain the MS in different manner than Itachi.

2) Kakashi's MS proves this can be done.

3) Sasuke abandoned Orochimaru (recall his speech in 311/312 when he admits he currently is in no position to defeat Itachi, even possibly combined with Orochimaru. Something could have changed between that battle and Oro's death)

4) Itachi admonished Sasuke only to come to him to attack once he possesses the MS himself.

5) Sasuke is trying to kill Itachi now.

Taking these five together, it is at least probable that Sasuke now can use MS himself. As for why he isn't using it currently might be explained by the way he concealed his elemental jutsu augmentations-maybe he just doesn't want to show his hand. More realistically, Kishimoto could just be saving it for "the big reveal."

I guess good evidence against this claim is the current chapter. We saw how weak Deidara was against Kakashi's mangekyo sharingan. I think given Sasuke's tutelage and his natural battle acumen, we can infer he would have noticed this himself and therefore would have used MS against Deidara. Of course he didn't, so it stands to reason he does not in fact have the MS.

Kind of cool the way they keep you guessing :)

big_p
June 18, 2007, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't be too quick to doubt that Sasuke possesses the MS. I don't want to digress too much from discussing chapter 358, but my reasons are as follows:

1) Sasuke claimed he would obtain the MS in different manner than Itachi.

2) Kakashi's MS proves this can be done.

3) Sasuke abandoned Orochimaru (recall his speech in 311/312 when he admits he currently is in no position to defeat Itachi, even possibly combined with Orochimaru. Something could have changed between that battle and Oro's death)

4) Itachi admonished Sasuke only to come to him to attack once he possesses the MS himself.

5) Sasuke is trying to kill Itachi now.

Taking these five together, it is at least probable that Sasuke now can use MS himself. As for why he isn't using it currently might be explained by the way he concealed his elemental jutsu augmentations-maybe he just doesn't want to show his hand. More realistically, Kishimoto could just be saving it for "the big reveal."

I guess good evidence against this claim is the current chapter. We saw how weak Deidara was against Kakashi's mangekyo sharingan. I think given Sasuke's tutelage and his natural battle acumen, we can infer he would have noticed this himself and therefore would have used MS against Deidara. Of course he didn't, so it stands to reason he does not in fact have the MS.

Kind of cool the way they keep you guessing :)

I'm not saying you are right or wrong here, however, to support your theory of him having MS and reasons to not use it. Remember that Kakashi mentioned that Itachi's eyesight had deteriorated and Kisame said that using it was bad for him too. Perhaps that is also part of Sasuke's plan, if he in fact possesses it. Why use a double edged sword and potentially weaken yourself before fighting God when you do not need to?

Hemostrat
June 18, 2007, 05:26 PM
Actually, Sasuke says "I will gain power in my own way, I will surpass you in my own way." S o it would seem that he gave up gaining the Mangekyou *the only way he knows* when he didn't kill Naruto.
I think the speech he gave was just to tell them that he isn't coming back to Konoha.
When did Itachi say only to face him when he has the MS? He said your hatred is too weak and then Mangekyoued him.

akatsuki27
June 18, 2007, 05:35 PM
Actually, Sasuke says "I will gain power in my own way, I will surpass you in my own way." S o it would seem that he gave up gaining the Mangekyou *the only way he knows* when he didn't kill Naruto.
I think the speech he gave was just to tell them that he isn't coming back to Konoha.
When did Itachi say only to face him when he has the MS? He said your hatred is too weak and then Mangekyoued him.

He said it the day he killed the clan and was explaining how to get the MS..."sono maini ishuni coi" something like that...when you have these eyes, come before me, right now your not worth killing (if something is wrong with my quoting dont correct me please, im doing this out of memory, so i know he could have said another way (for all you purists out there))

also i said i doubt that sasuke has MS but i didnt say it was impossible...you guys are right that he could have, you just never know until he meets itachi...thats why this manga rocks

as far as this chapter is concerned though, it will be interesting to see the "escape artist" (pun intended) get out his current predicament

warbandit66
June 18, 2007, 05:38 PM
Sasuke's loss of a wing will probably result in a large amount of chakra and stamina drain as it needs to heal, much like the way naruto or kabuto are able to regenerate and heal themselves, I dont think it was part of his plan because it didnt defend very will because losing any limb counts as substantial damage

Sky9
June 18, 2007, 07:25 PM
My guess is that Karin might(i dunno) also be able to heal..or at least provide "soldier pills"
to speed up the healing process in case anyone gets a little bruised up. Also providing Sasuke has CS that could also accelerate his healing factor..(maybe he's knows sumtin' we don't). But that clearly shows he's not impervious to physical damage like Kimmimaru(rip)
He can be pwned in CS mode.
I'm out!

kit99bar
June 18, 2007, 07:39 PM
We've seen many people in CS get killed or have their butts kicked. Sound 4 and the people at Jag's prison area. :)

He can be pwned in CS mode.

murani-san
June 18, 2007, 08:48 PM
Remember how Shishui was known as Shishui of the shunshin? Well Itachi managed to kill him so i'm guessing speed alone isn't going to narrow the gap between Sasuke and Itachi. The thing that sets Itachi apart from most of the S-class shinobi we see in Naruto is Itachi's attention to detail and how you can tell he concentrated alot of effort on mastering the basics even when he was young. Thats how he can perform hand seals so fast, he doesn't unnecessarily waste chakra and his shuriken use is well documented. The guy is a prodigy and master of shinobi basic tactics and skills. Even his style of fighting seems to be directly influenced by his time in ANBU and the type of missions needed to be performed in ANBU (i.e. exploding kage bunshins).

akatsuki27
June 18, 2007, 09:14 PM
all true statements....at the risk of sounding like a fanboy, itachi to me from all the evidence in the manga so far, not the anime, is in the top three of strongest shinobi in the narutoverse. not only does he possess all the things that murani-san said, he has a doujustu that can only be countered by at most three other people in the narutoverse.

1) kakashi - i know he has MS but it might not even be as strong as itachi's because he doesnt have an uchiha body

2) sasuke - likely doesnt have it but he is capable and eventually will get it

3) mistery person (maybe uchiha madara) - madara might or might not be alive who knows they havent said much about him or whoever it is that has MS

thats it....assuming that tobi is not obito...theres no one else, you cant deny this people

by the way i said SO FAR, so i know that there are characters whose powers havent been shown so before i hear all the debate about what i said, i know my own holes....please dont rip me a new one

ttxdragon
June 18, 2007, 09:24 PM
akatsuki27,

The only thing you forgot about people being able to "counter"/withstand the mangekyou is people like Gai.

Because as long as you don't get caught looking into the eyes, the mangekyou itself can't take effect.

the ring-genjutsu itachi cast on naruto back at the itachi-clone-fight was by no means a mangekyou genjutsu, but just a relatively strong standard genjutsu.
at least that's how i would interpret it from the words of itachis clone (i don't know the exact quote, but he said something along the lines of "not being able to use the other method, even if he wanted to")

so, it is possible to counter the mangekyous worst parts without having a sharingan - how far the move-prediction gets countered by the method gai uses is something i cannot put up a theory about.

Narasu
June 18, 2007, 09:35 PM
Because as long as you don't get caught looking into the eyes, the mangekyou itself can't take effect.

True, except for Itachi's other MS move, Amaterasu, and of course Kakashi's. What I'm interested in seeing is how fast Itachi's amaterasu would be against someone like Gai, especially since he used it almost instantly against Jiraiya's summon.. whereas we know Kakashi's takes awhile.

akatsuki27
June 18, 2007, 09:48 PM
i see what your saying ttxdragon

tashkani soda gai no koto oboitenai ore, demo......correct me if i'm wrong but he said he "couldnt even if he wanted to" because that clone only had 30 percent of his chakra....after the jutsu ended kisame said: because it was only 30 percent they couldnt do most of their justus.

it was never made clear if gai could counter the MS just by not looking because he got there after itachi stopped using it so i dont know...he could certainly counter a regular sharingan thats true but i dont know about the MS....he might though im not going to discount that.

i mean, even during the clone fight chiyo baa-san was suggesting different ways to counter sharingan but kakashi told her he doesnt have regular sharingan and that the victim is instantly caught in the genjustu

Hemostrat
June 19, 2007, 12:01 AM
ttxdragon, there's one thing you're forgetting. Mangekyou doesn't just have Tsukuyomi, it also has Amataseru. Gai can be looking at Itachi's feet but if Itachi uses Amataseru... not much time to dodge it.

ttxdragon
June 19, 2007, 12:14 AM
the amaterasu might be a problem, if itachi has time to aim and hit...
the amaterasu is just an advanced firetechnique from what we've seen... at least nothing that indicates that it travels faster than taijutsu specialists move -- if i remember correctly....
just like kakashis "warping" needs the proper aiming and all...

i'm not saying everything can be neutralised, but you can neither go against those techniques if you have the mangekyou too. those two techniques are both based on chakra reserves and in the end just "overpowered standardjutsus" if you want to put it that way.

murani-san
June 19, 2007, 09:19 AM
In a way the MS's jutsus are really believable. Like ttxdragon just said Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu are regular jutsus that are just taken to the maximum form kind of how the rasengan is the highest form manipulation possible. There is no tensei aspect to it just good old fashioned jutsus with awesome strength.

I wouldn't say that Itachi used Amaterasu instantly as he seems to have to close his eyes and focus the chakra into his eyes for a couple of seconds before he can activate them. That would give someone like Gai the time to evade and/or attack if they are in sufficient range.

Unlike all the other akatsuki members Itachi seems to represent a more normal shinobi who's just really great at what he does which is different from the others who all seem to have mutant features and advantages.

dasher232
June 19, 2007, 11:14 AM
I'm wondering if Itachi or even for that matter anyone with the mangekyo could put Naruto under it. because I can't see any reason Itachi wouldn't have been abl to at that time unless it requires a lot of chakra that he jus didn't have. Plus if Naruto was under that kind of genjutsu would it also affect Kyuubi I wonder.

Narasu
June 19, 2007, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't say that Itachi used Amaterasu instantly as he seems to have to close his eyes and focus the chakra into his eyes for a couple of seconds before he can activate them. That would give someone like Gai the time to evade and/or attack if they are in sufficient range.

I was just comparing how long it takes Itachi to use his compared to Kakashi's, in the anime it seemed to take about the same amount of time it took him to use the Tsukiyomi which isn't that long. And a few seconds is not that long anyhow because it takes a few seconds just to make hand seals for other jutsu, and especially naruto making his rasengans seems to take longer. But yeah I would like to see it hit someone like Gai or Sasuke's shunshin especially after seeing this chapter.

I'm wondering if Itachi or even for that matter anyone with the mangekyo could put Naruto under it. because I can't see any reason Itachi wouldn't have been abl to at that time unless it requires a lot of chakra that he jus didn't have. Plus if Naruto was under that kind of genjutsu would it also affect Kyuubi I wonder.

I don't see why he couldn't, when Naruto fought the 30% Itachi clone he said "Don't worry, I won't use the mangekyou sharingan, or more like I can't use it right now" somewhere along those lines.
I wonder how it would affect the kyuubi too, but Naruto himself wouldn't be able to defeat the MS if he got caught, so I doubt the kyuubi would be of any help.

ttxdragon
June 19, 2007, 01:06 PM
ok, i know i've participated to it and i take the blame too,

but guys, please try to get back to chapter discussion ;)

the benefits and uses of the mangekyou aren't really on topic of this chapter.... though somehow related.

If you want to discuss that topic, feel free to take a look through the toshokan if there is a similar topic and if there ain't one, create a new one :)

thanks for your understanding ;)

ttxdragon