PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Bleach 279 Discussion

bax
June 08, 2007, 03:52 PM
The latest chapter (278) of Bleach has been posted HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13733), so go and pick it up.

Now try to guess what happens next.

kangster113
June 08, 2007, 05:48 PM
i think ichigo is going to beat grimjow somehow with his mask, and ulquiorra comes back when ichigo beats grimjow, and he beats ulquiorra too.

barbapapa
June 08, 2007, 06:10 PM
prediction of coming chapters: Ichigo beats Grimmjow, before Ulquiorra breaks free from that barrier thing (or whatever the heck it is)... takes Orihime, and leaves.
Hueco Mundo arc over, huzzah.

Urazz
June 08, 2007, 06:33 PM
Ichigo seems different than when he fought Ulquiorra. He doesn't seem cocky like he was before he fought Ulquiorra about finishing things fast. It looks like he might've gotten rid of the 'candy' so to speak.

Anyways, I'm thinking Ichigo will win against Grimmjow and will either escape with Inoue to rescue the others or Ulquiorra will break out as Ichigo defeats Grimmjow and it'll end up a tired Ichigo and Orihime vs. Ulquiorra.

manufn619
June 08, 2007, 06:47 PM
hopefully a grimmjow release

and this be a like a important fight becuse we knoe they wanna get out of HM, so this will be the end of arc fight

Tomodachi69
June 08, 2007, 07:27 PM
Ichigo seems different than when he fought Ulquiorra. He doesn't seem cocky like he was before he fought Ulquiorra about finishing things fast. It looks like he might've gotten rid of the 'candy' so to speak.

Anyways, I'm thinking Ichigo will win against Grimmjow and will either escape with Inoue to rescue the others or Ulquiorra will break out as Ichigo defeats Grimmjow and it'll end up a tired Ichigo and Orihime vs. Ulquiorra.

I thought the 'candy' Dordonh told Ichigo to get rid of was his reluctance to kill? For example, Ichigo could've easily killed Dordonh, but he instead decided not to and to even have Nell heal him. Comparing Ichigo's feeling to chocolate, which is sweet, Dordonh told him to become a demon and get rid of it.

That said, I think that Ichigo's done well in that respect so far because of his going all out on Ulquiorra and not holding back. And though he volunteered 'Hime to heal Grimm's arm, he was making fun of him at the same time, so, I don't think there's a "chocolate" (read: being sweet/friendly to his enemies, ala Ikkaku, Dordonh) anymore.

I wonder what Ichigo'll do...
He already exhausted his mask just recently with Ulquiorra. I wonder, how much time does he have to wait between mask-summons to use it again? Hmm.

We need a Grimm release next chapter. And some pwnage. From both sides :D

Silhouette
June 08, 2007, 07:54 PM
Ichigo has so much hollow power that he hasn't been able to extract like Cero and rapid re-generation. In this fight, Ichigo will extract cero and will force GJ to release. How will he do that? Just look in his eyes in the last page..it looks like fire is burning in them and this,ladies and gentle men, is the instinct that Ichigo must have and the cruelty that Dorry told him to show. Now that he has tasted shame, defeat and shock of being on the verge of death, his mentality must have changed.

Just remember that GJ fights different than Ulquiorra. GJ fights more honorably I have to say since he attacks only his opponent while Ulquiorra tries to take advantage of others being present and attack them to create an opening at Ichigo.

I hope freakin' Tousen doesn't interrupt this fight

Tomodachi69
June 08, 2007, 08:06 PM
^ LOL @ Tousen comment.

Nah, Aizen'll personally come down, stop Grimm, and chat with 'Hime and Ichigo, saying how interesting the two of them are. XD

Silhouette
June 08, 2007, 08:29 PM
Aizen doesn't tend to get involved directly with things...he always manipulates people to do what he wants but this time his prize -Orihime- is really important to him so he might show up like you said...I still hope he doesn't. That was for Aizen, about everyone else, I think anyone would be too scared to try n' stop GJ now...he's gone mad..maaaad I tell you and no one messes with mad...I hope Tousen realizes that and stays still like a good boy, if he doesn't I hope bith GJ and Ichigo beat Tousen good once and for all.

rai-chu
June 08, 2007, 08:33 PM
^ I agree with Silhouette no interruptions please.

As for my prediction, maybe a GJ release and Ichigo probably will all-go out.

I really doubt if Orihime can go with Ichigo if he defeated GJ.

I also hope that this arc ends soon, because Ichigo and co. doesn't have any chance with the remaining espadas..

Impel Down
June 08, 2007, 09:06 PM
For my prediction, I think Ichigo will try to fight a while WITHOUT bankai. I dunno, I think Kubo just had an epifany and wanted to make things interesting. Besides, if shikai could block Grimmjow's blade in the end of the last chapter, it should be able to handle it for the rest of the battle, at least until he releases.

notBowen
June 08, 2007, 09:13 PM
I hope Grimmjow wins and as he's about to deliver the final blow Aizen dispatches of him in a most brutal fashion.

Tomodachi69
June 08, 2007, 09:44 PM
I hope Grimmjow wins and as he's about to deliver the final blow Aizen dispatches of him in a most brutal fashion.

That would be interesting. Sort of like when Tousen and Ulq stopped him, but so much more intense! Then he'd take Orihime and have her release Hougyoku.

ShinobiWrath
June 08, 2007, 10:32 PM
I predict GJ is gonna kick ass in the next chapter uninturrupted, of course Ichigo's resolve for murder and pure killing intent is exactly what I've been waiting for. The last time he fought with such malice he ran through SS and ruled with an iron fist. I'm hoping GJ releases without fail!!

evaJ
June 08, 2007, 11:53 PM
The reason I joined was just so I could mention this. My prediction is this: Grimmjow quickly gains the upperhand even with Ichigo going all mask in the battle. Total trashing and ownage. Ichigo will only be saved by letting the inner hollow [Ogihci or however y'all want to call him] take over. And this would be the point where the chapter ends.

gigantor21
June 09, 2007, 12:04 AM
evaJ - Welcome to the fold.

As to Ichigo losing with the mask on, I really only see that happening if Grimmjow releases as soon as Ichigo uses it. He got destroyed when Ichigo used it before, and (unlike a few people) I don't think having both arms again will help very much.

I'm still holding out hope for Sakikuro/Hollow Ichigo to come out, then lose. I think both he and Ichigo need that jolt to move forward.

notBowen
June 09, 2007, 12:12 AM
Yeah well I know a lot of people are against it because it's so soon but where the hell is old man Zangetsu. Teach Ichigo how to kick ass and wear Bono glasses.

stifflersthedog
June 09, 2007, 12:29 AM
I vote that Orihime will heal Rukia, Nell will go to chad, and Ichigo and Grimmy will fight.
seriously two wounded people, two healers how "convienient"

samidabbagh
June 09, 2007, 01:03 AM
You guys tend to forget fast... remember when shad was fighting that arrancar #103 or something, he realised that he had hollow powers and that they felt "joyful of being home" when he arrived to Hueco Mundo. I think the same thing happened here for ichigo when he got his chest pierced by Ulquiorra. He hollow powers finally "broke free" of the chains that were not letting them release.

So I think ichigo will be able to do some of the things that his inner hollow can do and other hollow stuff.

As for the next chapter specifically, ichigo will make GJ release... by using shikai ONLY. It's very important I think. Oh ya, inoue saves her friends by healing them... ya that's it

gab00n
June 09, 2007, 01:18 AM
I want this fight to be extremely intense and without interruption. There probably won't be time for inner world chats because Grimmjow wants to totally destroy Ichigo. If Ichigo learns a new trick it will be similar to how Chad did, his hollow powers will be forced out. If there is an inner world chat then it would have to be like the Kenpachi fight, where time sort of stopped.

I would really like to see Ichigo blend with his hollow and become bleached when he has his mask on, that would be cool. If I remember correctly Shinji's mask is totally white which I take to mean that he has fully mastered his hollow powers but that is just a guess. If Ichigo does become bleached then I would say he is a more pure Vizard than Shinji and the others. I'm sure Kubo will definitely not fail to impress in the upcoming chapters, I can't wait.

riekie
June 09, 2007, 02:01 AM
I still see Grimmjow stronger than Ichigo but with the recent developments i e Ichigo's comments and his 'stare' towards him makes me think The Gurimmjoh will lose:( Which ofcourse, I don't want to see happening:D

Okay, Ichigo hás come a long way but still.....Man..I hope you pull this one off in the best way possible KT 'cuz I don't want no silly-ass defeat of the Gurimmjoh ya hear!?

*Aahh...Grimmjow must win, and can't possibly die against Ichigo*>.<

Nafycuk
June 09, 2007, 02:23 AM
Remember the most important rule? The one who shows the next level of strength first - lose. We've seen it throughout the whole Bleach (actually not only Bleach, it's a common thing for most shounen). So I agree with samidabbagh. If Ichi can make GJ to release while being on Shi Kai, it would be strawberry's win.

And speaking 'bout Ulquiorra, I really doubt that hollow-trap would be able to hold him off for 2-3 hours. 10-15 minutes, I say.

And 'bout Uchinaru Ichigo (Hollow one, "Uchinaru" is the real word he is called with, that simply means "Inner"), I really can't imagine he can lose while being in charge of Ichigo's body. He would never admit that he is not able to handle smth with his iwn power and that he lacks Ichigo. That would never happen, I hope. He's just too cool and overconfident to beb trampled in shit )))

toyin
June 09, 2007, 08:20 AM
Wait Ulq is not way stronger than GJ judging from that small fight, we see Gj is more agile than Ulq and if that went on Gj released from will be to much for Ulq. So ichigo is going to be beaten up one more time and sent back home on GJ request to get stronger (probably will not happen.)

But i think Kubo will switch to ishida and Renji who might have ran away before Zaero polo returns. Ishida sense ichigo reiastu and might be heading there.

_ATMA
June 09, 2007, 09:11 AM
i got a bit of an interesting prediction, grimjows initial calculation about sealing Ulquiorra will be wrong just as ichigo is putting the preasure on grimjow we will see Ulquiorra escape from his trap and suprise the fuck out of grimjow and own the fuck out of him and kill him on the spot before ichigo can finish him off

Impel Down
June 09, 2007, 11:09 AM
Man, if the next chapter is about Chad, I may dig up some of the respect I had for Kubo burried deep in my soul and give some of it to him. I mean, he needs to set up more fight cliffhangers again, like with the three Privaron.

Waru
June 09, 2007, 07:49 PM
I really want to see what Noitora is up to. But I highly doubt that is what going to happen next. I predict the ichigo and grimmjow fight will begin and some way or another ichigo is going to over power grimmjow and grimmjow will begin his release.

WildBeast
June 09, 2007, 11:52 PM
I kinda think the manga will play us abit and shift the story back to ishida instead of ichigo's battle...

Either way, i still find it hard for ichigo to win GJ as he couldnt maintain his mask on, that is 1 huge ass weakpoint... Even if he wins, ULQ most probably will break free and threaten to kill ichigo AGAIN but orihime will exchange her freedom for his life as usual...

Ok, lets say he defeated GJ and ULQ is still trapped inside, definately one of aizen's sub will come by> Ichimaru/Tousen, and both of them will be take down and bring back to aizen(since he find him very interesting back in soul society)... Even if luck is on his side, none pursuit them, he wont abandon any of his fren behind too...

Vegetoacs
June 10, 2007, 05:37 AM
Sorry wild, but i cant see the scenario where Orihime offers her freedom in exchange for their lives. Thats because she currently isn't free...and even if it were the case, do the all powerful espada really need to do such a deal? They took her in the first place, giving her the pretense of freedom of choice as a way to psychologically cage her. The same can be said for the assault on hunco mundo. If Aizen really cared that ichigo and co were on the offensive...they would have been dead before they even entered the castle.

I believe Aizen has an ulterior motive in letting Ichigo do his thing for two reasons. To discern the root of his power that has allowed such rapid advancement in level, and to be able to research vizard powers so that he may use them adeptly himself. Granted, the latter is more likely to be the main reason than the former. This is why this battle will be interesting. The manga finished with ichigo's death stare XD When he deathstares things, they die alla hollow ichigo.

Although i've noticed a few people seem to still see ulquorria as some kinda of mala ad infinium. "Ulq will come back and rock grimmjaw's shit, and then take inoue back. Dont forget we now know he's only number four. If inoue's captivity looks geniunely under threat, we've got the top 3 espada, aizen, tousen and gin.

It was also nice to see grimmjaw rock ulq's shit for once as well. Not such a walkover....hehe. Granted, in a match that ulq was taking seriously, grimm would probably die. But that he did not take him seriously was why he was able to fight on par long enough to use the hollow trap.

I'll be interested to see if he's actually able to use some of his dormant powers for both his shinigami and hollow sides, without being told for once. I cant quite see him firing off cero's yet though, but the good old getsuga isn't going to be able to cut the pace anymore, in terms of both battle capacity and storyline. Ichigo can't remain a one trick pony, and that's why i think we'll start to see something new sooner rather than later. Hopefully he'll be able to maintain his hollow mask.

In any case, it's nice to see a bit of the old end of SS arc Ichigo back. He actually seems to have confidence rather than fear. Maybe being that close to death gives one some perspective?

Finally, for the chapter prediction. I really can't see this one being interrupted. This is the arc ender, and an important part of the story for the aforementioned points. If ichigo can demonstrate more than a slight ability to maintain his mask, then Aizen will prevent anyone from interrupting so that he may observe these powers being utilised properly.
That said, we'll not see Bankai or a mask until grimmjow releases. Frankly, it's about damned time...At least the buildup to a real espada release has been good XD

Ooinaru
June 10, 2007, 06:41 AM
I don't know if anybody else has spotted this but, I was just reading through the chapter when i spotted something on the last page. Try to take a better look at Ichigo's and Grimmjaw's stance and you'll notice that Ichigo is only using one hand on his zanpaktou while blocking grimmjaws attack, and it looks to me that grimjaw is using both hands, just wanted to point that out :-)

Prediction:

I'm guessing a shikai battle until grimmjaw releases and then Ichigo will go bankai, I don't think that he will pull out his mask as fast as with ulquiorra, at least I hope not. If he does draw out his mask i think he'll be able to hold it for a longer period of time, due to the on-the-verge-of-death experience.

_ATMA
June 10, 2007, 07:25 AM
I don't know if anybody else has spotted this but, I was just reading through the chapter when i spotted something on the last page. Try to take a better look at Ichigo's and Grimmjaw's stance and you'll notice that Ichigo is only using one hand on his zanpaktou while blocking grimmjaws attack, and it looks to me that grimjaw is using both hands, just wanted to point that out :-)

its a pretty common thing i noticed in the past when hes gone up against someone

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 08:43 AM
Well, he has a large sword, so he needs less effort to block with it. And I agree with Ooinaru's prediction, in that it would be very entertaining. Unfortunately, I do not think that Kubo would do that, because he's made bankai pretty much Ichigo's only thing now, and I doubt Ichigo would have wisened up that much in that little time.

Loukoulaylay
June 10, 2007, 10:18 AM
I personaly think that GZ and ichigo will fight together, but once Uqui come back they will both get ride of him. Since GZ times prediction will be wrong. After that, some other esapada will come and Ichi will escape with GZ. That's will look like what happened befor with Rangie...

GZ is one of the most important espada character because of his characteristics. So they just wont get ride of him like that.

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 11:54 AM
I don't think that they will escape together when Ulquiorra breaks out. Rather, Ichigo will win and he'll take Inoue and they'll all escape. Then, while Grimmjow lies on the ground, not dead, but defeated, Ulquiorra will break out and kill him.

platypus
June 10, 2007, 01:02 PM
given everything that's happened, I wouldn't be surprised if the following happens

1) Ichigo goes bankai immediately (I mean, come on, the last fight with grimmjow he went vaizard immediately, you can't expect him to rely on shikai for any amount of time)
2) Ichigo uses his mask for a brief moment to gain the upperhand, but lets it dissolve in much less than the 11 seconds (like the doldoni fight)
3) Grimmjow releases
4) Ichigo goes vaizard
5) Ichigo almost gets beaten
6) Ichigo gains power due to being in hueco mundo, beats Grimmjow
7) Ulquiorra comes back, gets Orihime to agree to come back with him if he lets Ichigo live. Ichigo then sees WHY Orihime is doing this
8) Ichigo gets Nell to heal grimmjow
9) Ichigo leaves, grimmjow is left unsure about his life

Impel Down
June 10, 2007, 02:02 PM
That's pretty believable, except for Ulquiorra letting Grimmjow live, and I doubt Ichigo would allow Inoue to be left alone like that, although Inoue may make the deal instead. Still, if all that happens, what would Ichigo do about Chad and Rukia?

platypus
June 11, 2007, 12:10 AM
Why would ulquiorra not let him live?

Ulquiorra is far too unemotional to have a grudge.

yanniv
June 11, 2007, 12:20 AM
Maybe that could happen on a span of about three chapters. There is no way all of that will fit into 19 pages.

This chapter will probably be some talking and some fighting with a release by Grimmjow by the end of this chapter.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 07:23 AM
I doubt Grimmjow with release THAT soon. But about his release, I'm seeing him as some sort of biting thing, since his command was like grinding teeth, not to mention the kind of mask fragment he has.

kojysys
June 11, 2007, 08:28 AM
In my opinion this entire arc is just a test to see if Ichigo's potencial match Aizen predictions, Inoue plays the role of the prize for the meantime and the espada are just obstacles at the moment. We know that Aizen plans are to gather Vasto Lordes and war soul society, then if Ichigo would outcome all obstacles and win the prize?, Aizen would get his ass up if the throne and get back Inoue leaving Ichigo with the choice of joining them or even making a way to he could go into Aizen's side?. The current Espada are peons in Aizen's plans, so he use them in his game to test Ichigo until he gets The Espada perfected with VLs.

(This was my arc predictions/idea)

(back to the chapter)

Ichigo will fight evenly with Grimmjow in Bankai, then he goes Vaizard and totally pwns Grimmjow making him release so they can fight even again. Grimmjow will have a slightly avantage and manage to deal the final blow in Ichigo, unexpectedly some Arrancar shows up behind Inoue and take her back to Aizen but with Ichigo's exausted and ready to be killed can't do anything, then Shirosaki comes out stops Grimmjow attack and uberly slaughters a tired Grimmjow leaving him near death. Ichigo's emotions stills prevails and leave Grimmjow without dealing the final blow, he gets Nell and go for Rukia or Chad ( some rescue team probably came and they will eventually meet up) They leave HM and know that Inoue won't be in danger since she will be essencial to Aizen's plans , return back to get ready for the next invasion. Ulquiorra gets out from the Negación, chats with Grimmjow about how stupid he was to cause all this and delivers the final blow, he dies happy for fighting Ichigo.

(this is a 5~10 chapter prediction :D)

riekie
June 11, 2007, 09:55 AM
HA! Dying happy for having fought but lost against Ichigo?! NO way EVER! Grimmjow is all about finishing Ichigo with his bare hands so losing against him and eventually dying by Aizen is a HUGE no-no in Grimmjow's book.

kojysys
June 11, 2007, 12:13 PM
LOL XD, i was ironizing at the end, still it would more end up like "Kuso..*dead*"..can't deny the HUGE admiration you have toward GJ xD

riekie
June 11, 2007, 12:40 PM
hahaha thank you, thank youXD I just completely love his personality...he reminds me of a certain someone:D I like Ichigo as well but I'd rather wanna see Grimmjow win than Ichigo...Grimmjow can be kicked out of the manga any second and Ichigo can't so that's basically why I want to see The Gurimmjoh winXD

ttxdragon
June 11, 2007, 12:55 PM
There's nothing to say about discussing predictions, but please stay on topic while you do so ;)

-

A short prediction for the next chapter:
Fight. Fight. And once more: FIGHT!

I think the next chapter won't serve any plot-development at all, it will only serve to show that ichigo hasn't forgotten how to fight.

and now for how i want it realized xP
and I want to see a chapter of pure fighting without much talking for once. Thoughts are OK as long as they aren't too long.
A chapter of pure awesome art would be what i want :)

kojysys
June 11, 2007, 01:35 PM
Yes!! something like ep 121 but even more artistic and uber!, that was one of the best small fights ever. Grimmjow should show even more of his Taijutsu that at the sinal is already great! xD

yanniv
June 11, 2007, 02:45 PM
I doubt Grimmjow with release THAT soon. But about his release, I'm seeing him as some sort of biting thing, since his command was like grinding teeth, not to mention the kind of mask fragment he has.

Well, it is an optimistic look at it. It really depends if they fight the whole chapter or not.

If they don't and just talk all chapter, then forget about a release. But if there is a lot of action going on throughout it, I'm saying chances are high for a release if Ichigo pushes him towards one.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 03:27 PM
They can actually fight, they don't have to just talk, however, they CAN talk while they fight, and Grimmjow can tell us all about the Espada and such. That would be nice.

daniel1983
June 11, 2007, 04:10 PM
It does not matter if Grimmjow is defeated or wins. Ichigo will not die...that is almost certain.

Also for the end of the arc, I see Orihime getting a chance to destroy the 'thing that makes arrancars' and her death will be a result of its destruction. Everyone else returns to Earth to prepare for the war. Maybe Aizen tries to turn Chad (or Ichigo after he is defeated again?) into something with it, and has Orihime present giving her the opportunity.

Another thing that leads me to believe something like this will happen is that we have basically seen most of the 6-10 esprada fight....that will leave the #1-#5 Esprada for the war and whatever esprada are left alive after this arc. Why would Kubo create all these cool looking characters only to replace them because Aizen creates stronger arrancars that he creates? I just don't see more 'bad guys' being thrown into the mix....except a new Esprada to replace #9 and whichever others are killed.

Next chapter....Grim and Ichigo fight.....hopefully, we get some another inner ichigo chapter or two after this one...ever notice how time stops when Ichigo goes into his 'inner world'....maybe that will setup another training session and allow him to progress without using any extra time in the 'real world' so it seems realistic that he progresses enough to defeat Grim.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 04:12 PM
Well, we totally HAVEN'T seen the 7th Espada fight, or even exist, so that'll be hard to do, and Chad has yet to kill Yammy, so...no. And I doubt Inoue will die this arc, she's too happy and important to die (Ishida MAY die at some point in the series, because he is emo and it is allowable). And Ichigo will not visit his inner world so soon.

daniel1983
June 11, 2007, 04:45 PM
Well, we totally HAVEN'T seen the 7th Espada fight, or even exist, so that'll be hard to do, and Chad has yet to kill Yammy, so...no..
What will be hard to do? I don't think you are understanding my comment. How many others have we not seen fight? Just some are...All of the vizards, several of the captian in SS, the two dads.......But we have seen a #6,#8, #9, and #10 fight, so why wouldn't the destruction of the Hougyoku by Orihime(death or no death) be relevent to the current storyline? The Hougyoku seems to be an 'infinate bad guy producer' if it is left to exist. Its destruction would stop more esprada from being created and allow for the development of the current #1-#5 and it would hinder Aizen from becoming even stronger than he is now But also considering how many 'good guys' we have yet to see action from....maybe we do need the lower esprada to be knocked off of the top 10 for replacement by stronger members. That would be interesting if Uliq was bumped down to 8 and we were to be presented with new characters for the #1-#5 Esprada before even seeing others release or the 7th esprada revealed. I find it really convienent that we have yet to see any of the top 5 esprada fight....and yes, Uliq was not fighting seriously with Grim, he was simply caught of guard with an object empowered by AIZEN, it had nothing to do with Grim's power.

And why no 'inner' Ichigo in the next 3 chapters?

adeus
June 11, 2007, 05:21 PM
first post!

i think that the inner hollow and ichigo will end up having to work together or something, and ichigo's bankai will be enough make grimmjow release. since ichigo's hollow was generally talking about opposing him continually (cant remember for a quote) maybe he is the reason ichigo's mask fades so fast, and since ichigo got beaten so fast the hollow didnt seem to be able to come out, and might realise that he has to let ichigo use the hollow form for as long as he wants (perhaps the other vaizard have time limits because deep down their hollow's dont want them using their powers, and so if ich. and his actually work together, there might not be a time limit)

and also, im wondering what makes aizen, tousen and gin more powerful than the arrancar?

plus, i think ichigo's dad will having something to do with the escape from hueco mundo

gigantor21
June 11, 2007, 05:37 PM
^ That's a kickass first post.

As to Grimmjow being forced to release that way...I don't think it makes any sense given Ichigo's record, but somehow I don't think it'd bother me much now. Judging from the recitence Ichigo showed last week, it seems as though Ichigo isn't going to flounder around much anymore. Frankly, I say it's about damn time.

So here's hoping for a good match. And welcome to the forum.

notBowen
June 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
Ah screw it, just have Ichigo give Grimmjow a good fight for no apparent reason. Anyone remember Ichigo v. Renji I? " His spirit pressure is going up for no discernible fucking reason!"

Still a good fight.

adeus
June 11, 2007, 06:31 PM
hah thanks =]

and yeah i think there might be a just like cool thing where ichigo goes bankai or mask whilst locking swords with grimmjow, but thats kinda plot-irrelevant heh

i think a grimmjow + ichigo alliance is likely, and i think it will end up with grimmjow being something like a combination of renji and kenpachi, joining ichigo when he gets beaten by him, but then re-attacking him when he thinks he is strong enough to, and also doing his best to stop ichigo being killed so he can kill him himself (vegeta anyone?)

i dont think inoue's powers will increase from seing ichigo nearly dead or anything like that, simply because stuff like that has happened before, but i do see her healing ichigo and grimmjow in turn. i aso think her healing restores spiritual power and by extension, hollow mask power, because its supposed to reject stuff thats happened - if it undoes an arm being cut off, why not spiritual power being used?

clearly ichigo will start tapping his power ulquiorra says is even greater than his own

Stone
June 11, 2007, 06:31 PM
Ah screw it, just have Ichigo give Grimmjow a good fight for no apparent reason. Anyone remember Ichigo v. Renji I? " His spirit pressure is going up for no discernible fucking reason!"

Still a good fight.

Actually most of Ichigo's powerups havn't really givn him more reiatsu, it's more like his starting to learn how to use what he already got.

yanniv
June 11, 2007, 06:37 PM
Actually most of Ichigo's powerups havn't really givn him more reiatsu, it's more like his starting to learn how to use what he already got.

Indeed. People seem to forget that Shirosaki is apart of Ichigo, not an entity completely on its own.

Ichigo has already been stronger than Ulquiorra for sometime (remember chapters in the 190's). It's just Ichigo doesn't know how to use his power to it's fullest potential.

Impel Down
June 11, 2007, 08:03 PM
He just says that his reiatsu is greater than his, but it doesn't say how much greater. But, if he was always in his Hollow state, he'd probably win if he kept hammering Ulquiorra with getsuga tenshous. But, it DOES seem like he doesn't have his maximum vaizard power, because for the inner battle, shirosaki had a way stronger getsuga tenshou than he did while in Vaizard mode.

Lord Rae
June 11, 2007, 08:22 PM
Now that Inoue is right next to Ichigo and Ishida and Renji are maybe on their way (sensing Ichigo and Inoues power together) I think my old prediction of having Inoue teleport the rescue crew out using something new of her power could use a dust off.

Whatever ends up happening in the Ichi vs grimmy fight I think the ending will definitely be that Inoue sends them back against their will to save them. We've seen her weave her way through barriers and such so I think its possible for her to rip open a hole home for the suicide rescue crew. Chad and Rukia might get left behind though.

notBowen
June 11, 2007, 09:12 PM
Indeed. People seem to forget that Shirosaki is apart of Ichigo, not an entity completely on its own.

Ichigo has already been stronger than Ulquiorra for sometime (remember chapters in the 190's). It's just Ichigo doesn't know how to use his power to it's fullest potential. Uh, don't think Shirosaki even existed during the Renji fight I was referring to.

yanniv
June 11, 2007, 09:14 PM
Uh, don't think Shirosaki even existed during the Renji fight I was referring to.

My post was intended for Stone, not you. This is why I quoted him.

gigantor21
June 11, 2007, 09:16 PM
notBowen - Well, that goes back to the age old question: did Urahara's training make Ichigo a Vaizard, or was he already a Vizard to begin with? Personally, I think it was the latter, because Renji-Ichigo 1 would've made no sense whatsoever if that wasn't the case. And I highly doubt Kubo would just leave that hanging when it almost killed Renji.

duffman13
June 11, 2007, 11:46 PM
My prediction:

Fighting, fighting, and more fighting. It is a possibility that we might see Black and White 4 or Dark Side of the Universe 4 in the next few chapters. I don't think so however. I think if we get any inner world it's gonna be 1 or 2 chapters from now and it'll be a flashback to something that happened while Ichigo was laying on the floor almost dead after fighting Ulquiorra. He has too much confidence in his talk and death stare in his eyes to not already be fighting with a newfound power. I do agree that Grimmy grossly underestimated the amount of time the Caja Negacion will hold Ulqui for, but it won't let him out until the fight is over, that's for sure.

Taking bets here though... Who's gonna stop Grimmjow from releasing this time? :P

TEK
June 12, 2007, 11:06 AM
I think this is the time that Grimmjow will finally release, although I would laugh pretty hard if someone manages to stop him again. But it seems like the 3rd time is usually the charm and this is going to be the 3rd encounter between these 2 so I think this battle will go on until one falls. There shall be no interruptions.

Impel Down
June 12, 2007, 01:38 PM
He will release this battle, but I doubt this chapter. This whole chapter will probably just show how a true Ichigo/Grimmjow fight would work out to be at this point, as well as some chatter between the two, revealing shit about HM and the Espada.

U579
June 12, 2007, 04:13 PM
Grimmjow will not release his sword, my guess 128 came out a week too early for the manga. In the end, Grimmjow said that he was always interupted, I'm guessing it will happen again. The plot will probably switch to a different character, it always does when something awesome is about to happen.

Slippers
June 12, 2007, 05:16 PM
Ichigo is gonna lose, Grimmjow is gonna leave Inoue and Ichgo alone and Ichigo is gonna get healed. Then they will rescue and heal everyone else. But then Aizen will stop them and it will be Ichigo, Renji and Chad against Aizen. Ishida and Rukia against Ichimaru. And Inoue just standing there doing nothing :D

edtide25
June 12, 2007, 06:44 PM
Noitora pops up from middle of nowhere and stops Grimmjow from release. Talks about something else wanting to fight Ichigo. Noitora reveals his number which its #3 (i hope) kills off Grimmjow with his cero and fights Ichigo.

U579
June 12, 2007, 07:13 PM
Ichigo is gonna lose, Grimmjow is gonna leave Inoue and Ichgo alone and Ichigo is gonna get healed. Then they will rescue and heal everyone else. But then Aizen will stop them and it will be Ichigo, Renji and Chad against Aizen. Ishida and Rukia against Ichimaru. And Inoue just standing there doing nothing :D

I don't think thats going to happen, If you replace Aizen with Tousen, then maybe. I'm pretty sure they will get through most of the Espada before they fight the 3 former captains (I think all 3 are stronger than Espada 1 ( And I can't wait to see Gin really fight))

I don't think they will succeed this trip either, Ichigo losing to number 4 at his full strength? And Schiffer wasn't even released. Either back ups are coming, Ichigo will get some new power, or they are going to fall back.

Logikl
June 13, 2007, 07:37 AM
Maybe Tousen will step in again and Grimmjow will have had enough and off Tousen... then the fight will resume. Or as they battle, Ulquiorra finds a way out of the prison hes in and steps in and fights Grimmjow or maybe Ichigo and Grimmjow team up to take out Ulquiorra for the sole purpose of being able to finish their fight.

Honestly, Ichigo is in over his head unless like others have said he somehow unleashes a new power unknown to Ichigo himself and his opponents. Theres no way he can win against a released Espada at this point unless that happens. Maybe Inoue will step in and use her powers in a new way that has never been alluded to.

I dunno... I'm just throwing ideas out there heh~

toyin
June 13, 2007, 01:19 PM
ichigo wil die the second time if he actually died the first time. And GJ will call him trash, letting Inoue heal him and right before Ulr will come back and find Ichigo gone. Because supporting Ichigo in such a fight is not bringing out the ichigo i used to know and like.

Tomodachi69
June 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
They'll fight, for sure. Grimm'll probably release. Not sure what Ichigo'll do since he just got pwn'd by Ulquiorra. Since Inoue rejected those events and his injuries, maybe he can go MaskBankai again? But still, it's only 11seconds. Therefore, he'll probably be able to extend that this fight or something.

Or, to mirror SS once more, Grimm and Ichi will be fighting and Shirosaki will save Ichi's ass.

siyo
June 14, 2007, 03:28 AM
I think i'd like to see Tousen interrupt again and Ulquiorra released from Grimm's bind, forcing Grimm to team with Ichigo and fight the other two to the death.

U579
June 14, 2007, 05:56 PM
I think i'd like to see Tousen interrupt again and Ulquiorra released from Grimm's bind, forcing Grimm to team with Ichigo and fight the other two to the death.

No! They should fight eachother. They hate the other, and want to spill some blood. GJ is Ichigo's Vegeta (if he is Goku). If they did ever team up, it would only be for GJ's gain, not to help anyone. And if Tousen did show up, I would want him to fight, I want to see how strong the former captains have become.

axie
June 14, 2007, 06:54 PM
Even if Ulquiorra breaks out, I don't think he'll interrupt Ichigo's and Grimmjow's fight. Ulquiorra would rather follow orders. When discovering Grimmjow healing Ichigo, he said, "...First and foremost, I have been ordered by Aizen-sama to take care of that woman next to you."

His foremost priority wasn't stopping Grimmjow from healing Ichigo, but following his orders in retreiving Orihime. It's in Ulquiorra's nature. When he does break out, I see him as bringing Orihime back to her cell, rather than dealing with Grimmjow.

I can't see Ulquiorra attacking Grimmjow out of revenge for sealing him up either. It wouldn't be in his character.

However, Tousen I can see easily interupting Grimmjow and Ichigo. Tousen has been on bad terms with Grimmjow ever sense he cleaved off Grimmjow's arm. And Tousen's belief in "justice" would only further influence him in breaking up Grimm and Ichi's fight. Grimmjow betraying his orders in healing Ichigo is injustice to Tousen.

Although I wouldn't mind Grimmjow's death, he's too obsessed with Ichigo and his own childish revenge to be helpful to the plot anyway.

Hiruma Disciple
June 15, 2007, 10:14 AM
Ichigo and GJ will continue to fight each other, blood will be flying all over and seeing all this, big boob whats her name will scream "yamate~~!!" and unleash a power that stop time and space thus the end of the chapter hehehe

n this is out of the topic but i just wanna know: kenpachi got bankai already?

gigantor21
June 15, 2007, 10:34 AM
^ If he did, we haven't seen it yet. Hell, he might not even have Shikai right now, for all we know.

On topic, I really, really hope Orihime doesn't do that. I want to see how far Ichigo can go with his new resolve; more specfically, if he can pressure Grimmjow into releasing without the mask. That would be enough to prove that this fight isn't a play for time on Kubo's part, which he really needs here.

And besides, aren't Orihime's powers crazy enough already?

gab00n
June 15, 2007, 03:53 PM
I think Grimmjow will get owned when Ichigo goes Vaizard.

ttxdragon
June 15, 2007, 03:56 PM
the white marks.... are highlights... they are what colorers would make a dark brown/blue/gray o.o

they don't have much to do with his hollow side....

but even so,
the fighting scene was very sweet, the art was great, but... orihime talks too much >.<

endofjulia
June 15, 2007, 04:42 PM
Orihime. *waves hands in front of face* Yah, hi. I don't mean to interrupt you oogling admiring watching Ichigo, but, if you could please, after you're done reassuring Nell, go heal your two friends that are pretty much dead. Kthxbye >.<

I think Grimmjow is going to teach Ichigo a thing or two. I don't mean it like he's going to win or not. But I believe the lessons will be about why Ichigo fights. Ichigo might not fully understand Grimmjow's reasoning for fighting, but he will see another side that isn't so far from a side he hides from himself (the side the Hollow in him understands all too well).

What I'm trying to say is... Ichigo fights for himself just as much as he does for others. He might fight for himself more so, actually.

Sure, his main reasons are to rescue and protect, but now he fights because he needs to see he can still do both of those. He lost his mother because he couldn't fight. He fights now as a reassurance that he is strong. He constantly works to get stronger... it all stems from his fear of failing again. So he fights to keep his fears at bay as well as to succeed where his biggest failure lies.

Grimmjow, in a twisted way sees this... maybe not those exact reasons, but he does see because he also fights for himself.

finitesaidness
June 15, 2007, 05:26 PM
Ichigo went BanKai without having to say, "Ban Kai"! What does this mean? It is known that advanced bankai users can use shikai without saying the words, but is this the first time someone has gone bankai without saying the words?

Silhouette
June 15, 2007, 05:50 PM
You're right finitesaidness, the way Ichigo bankaied was strange this time, not only he didn't say bankai but the it's the first time I see the black aura coming out of Ichigo's body and wrapping Zangetsu. while in the past his bankai started with his reiatsu level going up,explosion, then bankai....this time it looked smoother I am not sure if makes his bankai any different but I like the new smoother bankai-release.

patrick_tambu
June 15, 2007, 07:03 PM
I like this all fighting Ichigo-Grimmjaw chapter, but i hoped to see how is Rukia doing...
Whatever, as i though Ichigo really seems more in-controls of his powers, just as he actually left behind his doubts.
I think Grimmjaw is right about Ichigo's whining about the reason he fights for... I mean......comon gimme a frickin' break!!!! You're the hero and you asked for this fight too, so why don't you just get in this fight and no matter what???? Grimmjaw is not going to hurt Inoue and Nell...at least i think so......

Lord Rae
June 15, 2007, 07:05 PM
yeah I think thats gonna be a big difference... Although I'm sure some of the captains can do that (And we haven't seen it before because we've had to hear names) showing Ichigo bankai in a completely different way and superior to the type of captain releases we've seen is showing us that something is definitely different about Ichigo now. Next chapter I'm sure we'll see how much different.

Impel Down
June 15, 2007, 07:12 PM
Ssssss, oh. Bankai. Ouch. Well, this chapter has probably been the worst this arc, I imagine. Ichigo did what he always does, and we're fooled into thinking that Grimmjow will actually fight with a sword, BUT NO!, he uses Ceros again. Add that to 1/3 of the chapter being Inoue talking about what a moral person Ichigo is (mind you, this is the same "moral person" who's instinct is apparently to kill and fight for the rest of his life) and Grimmjow's "reason" for fighting Ichigo is, well, to fight him.

Tomodachi69
June 15, 2007, 07:32 PM
This chapter was a little boring.

I sorta liked how Ichigo blocked GJ's cero, then GJ threw his sword away to do one with the other hand.

I didn't like how too much of the chapter was Inoue x Nell, Inoue talking about Ichigo, and mostly boring fighting.

Next chapter, we'll hopefully see more exciting stuff. Release, perhaps? Ichigo pwning GJ somehow, if only shortly?

BTW, since he tossed his sword, he'll have to retrieve it before he can release, right?

Impel Down
June 15, 2007, 08:58 PM
I dunno, probably. Maybe he has the force and it can return to his hand, or he could just go get it, and Ichigo lets him, because Ichigo is an honorable fighter all of the sudden.

Evil Mind
June 15, 2007, 10:14 PM
Looks like Ichigo may not lose this fight given the amount of face time Inoue got to say "I believe in him", this coming for the god girl that can reject reality. Maybe if she shouldn't fight then she is the head of Ichigo's cheer squad.

One Bad Mo Fo
June 16, 2007, 02:31 AM
Ichigo keeping pace with Grimmjaw without his mask? This is a marked improvement over the last time they fought, no? And I still don't know if GJ's reasons to fight Ichigo are as simple and contrived as they first sound, but what he's saying about fighting is pretty much what Dordonii was saying about "become a demon nino". Still would love to see even a hint of bloodlust in Ichigo's fighting style.

Nafycuk
June 16, 2007, 03:42 AM
I'm not sure but I guess that Ichigo didn't say Ban Kai in fight against Ulquiorra either. And the black aura did covered Zangetsu... But only in Tensa mode though... (CH270, pp 17-18). We haven't ever seen Zangetsu turning in Tensa Zangetsu because of huge rejatsu ammount, smoke and other shit wraping around, so maybe Kubo just shows us the way sword changes it's shape?..
The chapter is a bit borring because of the amount of the dialogues... Stop talking just kick each others' asses! ))

ShinobiWrath
June 16, 2007, 04:55 AM
Well other than the six pages of Inoue chattering about how Loyal and sincere ichigo is and the four chapters of GJ telling Ichigo how he's going to paint Hueco Mundo with Ichigo's viscera i would say this chapter was okay. It introduced what we will see shortly, the New and Improved ichigo with the intent to Win against a War ravaging brute like GJ. The next chpater should be Interestong.

Pollux
June 16, 2007, 06:13 AM
I find this chapter good but strange. I mean, the part when Ichigo fought GJ was great but the part with Inoue and Nell was boring (but thanks to it, I have a new stupid "theory" for the ending of Bleach : Ichigo marry Inoue and they adopt Nell because she is so cute...)
Seriously, I think that the fact that Ichigo did not say "Bankai" and that the way he changed from shikai to bankai simply means that he has more control over it (yet, it does not mean that he has mastered it). When we compare other characters releasing bankai with Ichigo, Ichigo seems to be the only one who releases a lot of reiatsu (as in his fight against Byakuya). Perhaps it was because Ichigo did not control bankai very well (as he only had it for a very short time) so he had to "force" the release.
Moreover, we know that once you had reached bankai, you no longer have to say anything to release your shikai. Yet, bankai users still say the sentence corresponding to the release of their shikai.
It also reminds me of a theory according to which Ichigo's bankai was only his shikai, therefore he has reached his true bankai which allows him to release Tensa Zangetsu (which would be in fact his shikai) at will. But I don't like this idea.
Now, about the chapter itself. Ichigo seems really confident and he will probably not do the same mistake as in his previous fight against GJ (using his mask since the beginning of the fight) so I think he will only use his bankai until GJ releases (and this time, I'm sure he will ;)) I also wonder why Inoue does not try to run away to heal the other. Is it because she knows that she would be captured again or because she wants to stay to heal Ichigo if he needs to be ?
Honestly, although I find the part with Inoue not really useful (too long for not much happening), the second part of the chapter reconciled me with Bleach, as I did not like the previous chapter much (I found the pace too slow)
I can't wait for next week

Konkun
June 16, 2007, 07:07 AM
I think going shikai/bankai without saying the release name is pretty much like performing demon art without chanting. It is to show that the user had mastered the skill.

Nafycuk
June 16, 2007, 07:15 AM
But chanting does improve the power of the spell I guess...

Konkun
June 16, 2007, 10:09 AM
But chanting does improve the power of the spell I guess...

Well with the Getsuga Tenshou it was told by Zangetsu that it would be more powerful knowing the name or calling out the attack (if I remember correctly). But I dont know if that works the same with Demon Spells Or Ban Kai, if anything no chanting speeds up the attack.

ingshan
June 16, 2007, 10:14 AM
i getting to dislike bleach. the storyline is getting out of hand and boring...how can he defeat grimjaw when he's pwned by uquilora

Konkun
June 16, 2007, 10:26 AM
i getting to dislike bleach. the storyline is getting out of hand and boring...how can he defeat grimjaw when he's pwned by uquilora

GJ ranked 6th, Ul ranked 4th....there's a little hope for another power-up

sinneduy
June 16, 2007, 11:10 AM
For my prediction, I think Ichigo will try to fight a while WITHOUT bankai. I dunno, I think Kubo just had an epifany and wanted to make things interesting. Besides, if shikai could block Grimmjow's blade in the end of the last chapter, it should be able to handle it for the rest of the battle, at least until he releases.

errr i'm pretty sure ichigo already used bankai.... his sword changed after orihime was talking to nell

Nafycuk
June 16, 2007, 11:15 AM

Because Ulqiorra is stronger than Grimjow. Much stronger I say...

ttxdragon
June 16, 2007, 11:19 AM
Hello everybody,

while I like that the chapter gets discussion where it is supposed to, I would like to point you to our announcement about oneliners and other posts:
READ THIS. (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/announcement.php?f=43&a=13)

Please remember that this is not a chatroom, but a forum.

thanks for your attention and I hope for your cooperation on the matter.

greetz
ttxdragon

ImotoChan
June 17, 2007, 04:02 AM
This chapter kind of left me without any feeling whatsoever.. Fights are beginning to get too short and it seems to be all they do.. When are they gonna get anywhere? The art is still nice, Kubo-sensei is still great at it.. It's just the plotline that's starting to worry me.. What was the main reason they went to Hueco Mundo again? I've asked myself that a couple of times already before recalling..

Bleach is starting to become a bit draggish in my opinion.. No longer do I eagerly await the next chapter like I usually do..

Come on, Kubo-sensei! Make me love Bleach again!

Stone
June 17, 2007, 08:53 AM
THis is one of those chapters that people might feel is letting em down when it first arrives, but once you got the whole collection you'll be greatfull for it.

Grimm using "nice" lines once again^^
"Im going to tear your throat" for the win

jinbus
June 17, 2007, 11:49 PM
Something interesting, how... even if one had super regeneration... if Ulquiorra could seal the wound open inversely by forcing his own reiatsu unto his victim. I don't think Ichigo will be the savior of Bleach anymore... he's too weak... kubo has the deck stacked against him... first it was Ken... then Byakuya... then Grimm... then Ulqu... then...Aizen. Aizen's zanpakuto is a pimp cane... no ho can stand up to it, and ichigo will learn that the hard way.

akatsuki27
June 17, 2007, 11:56 PM
Grimm using "nice" lines once again^^
"Im going to tear your throat" for the win

yeah i thought that line was pretty cool....classic grimmjow

quick note though guys and gals...dont be so quick to think grimm will win just because hes only two levels from ulquiorra...masked ichigo is stronger than regular grimmy, combine that with determined ichigo (who always get a boost of confidence and power) i.e. "kakumo"(resolve) versus renji in SS arc...."honno"(instinct) during inner hollow fight

point is, when ichigo puts his soul into something, lookout espadas!!!

sharingan_kakashi
June 18, 2007, 12:59 AM
i really cant see ichigo beating Grimmjaw. With his hollowmask he was only able to inflict that fleshwound to an unguarded unreleased grimmjaw. he has to call upon his ace in the whole agin to pull off a miracle.
they only have 2 hours then Ulquiora is gonna kill them both.

Silhouette
June 18, 2007, 03:51 AM
i really cant see ichigo beating Grimmjaw. With his hollowmask he was only able to inflict that fleshwound to an unguarded unreleased grimmjaw. he has to call upon his ace in the whole agin to pull off a miracle.
they only have 2 hours then Ulquiora is gonna kill them both.

Well, the thing is Kubo has shown us what kind of potential vizard-Ichigo has. It's not really about how long can Ichigo maintain his mask and therefore hollow power but also about the hollowish abilities like re-generation and cero. So far, Ichigo didn't or wasn't successful in using such abilities when masked and if he can do so in this fight then he has the potential to beat espadas. Not to mention that Ichigo has shown an improvement in his bankai.
There was a time when I was excited about seeing hollow-Ichigo coming out and changing the situations but what I really want to see is Ichigo utilizing this power...you know force his howllow to fully give in and give up all his powers.
And the scar on GJ wasn't caused by vizard-Ichigo but by his bankai only.

Decorus
June 18, 2007, 05:37 AM
All Ichigo has to do to get the full powers of his hollow self is to survive until his hollow self decides he wants to show up again.

gigantor21
June 18, 2007, 06:47 AM
^ Eh...I don't think that giving Sakikuro control is analogous to Ichigo controlling all of his Hollow powers. The latter seems like it will be much, much stronger, if only because it'll be better controlled.

Anyway, if an Inner World visit is the source of Ichigo's confidence, then I think Kubo should do away with the bullshit time limit on the mask. It wouldn't make any sense not to, since it's basically just a writing hindrance at this point. What difference would it make if the mask time was limited now, when we know the mask alone didn't do anything against an unreleased #4? Hell, it might not even work that well on a released Grimmjow, for all we know.

If the time limit is gone, then Ichigo can focus on tapping into more of the Hollow powers, rather than just using them longer. And that's what he needs most for the War.

gab00n
June 18, 2007, 01:11 PM
Now is the perfect time for Ichigo to lose the time limit. It will be way more interesting to see him develop his Hollow powers instead of trying to gain more time. I can't wait until we see Ichigo start firing off cero's and the like.

I think SS should invite Ichigo to train with the Captains so that they can get a sense of what it will be like against the Espada. Kenpachi will certainly be up for this and we would get to see Ichigo fight all the Captains in a somewhat serious fashion.

Nafycuk
June 18, 2007, 01:19 PM
Kenpachi will certainly be up for this and we would get to see Ichigo fight all the Captains in a somewhat serious fashion.

And Kenpachi would finally know the name of his sword ))

yemsta
June 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
The thing about the whole arc which I dont understand is thathow are they going to leave hueco mundo after they get back orihime. Now they are reunited he has to beat GW then assuming he does he will have to beat ulquilora (sp.) then assuming he wins that fight how will he leave and will aizen, gin and tousen just watch him leave. This all makes no sense

gab00n
June 18, 2007, 03:34 PM
For Ichigo to escape HM with everyone else I think he will definitely need some outside help. He faces a very difficult task, beat Grimmjow then maybe Ulquiorra as well, then get Chad and Rukia and potentially fight more Espada during the process.

I also hope Kenpachi will be able to know the name of his sword before the winter war starts. What would happen if he just stabs that three day Bankai dummy? I am sure it should force his sword's soul thing out and then during the process of beating his ass he will discover its name.

gigantor21
June 18, 2007, 04:13 PM
^ Hmm..I don't know about that. Even for Zaraki, who's basically a walking mass of bloodlust, aggression and reiatsu, skipping from Shikai to Bankai would be too contrived on Kubo's part. Plus, I don't see Yamamoto as the type who'd start asking for Urahara's help directly, so he'd probably never get his hands on the dummy in the first place. It'd be interesting to see him use it after he learns Shikai, though (if he hasn't already).

On topic, I'd like to see the rescuers offer a hint as to how Ichigo can circumvent Aizen's hypnosis. After all, there's no way Aizen will just sit around if Urahara and Co just showed up out of nowhere, let alone a pack of Vaizards--and we need to see how it can dealt with sooner or later. So this seems like a great time to show it, since it's likely that no one in the rescue squad will ever get a chance to face Aizen directly.

akatsuki27
June 18, 2007, 05:53 PM
youre right aizen wont make an appearance anytime soon...he's a behind the scenes guy anyway...it is puzzling to think about how they will get away but what i think is maybe theyll just let them leave

the catch is they leave without orihime....she tells ichigo she has work to do (remember she wants to reject the hougyoku) of course ichigo doesnt like it but somehow he gives in and he'll be all like "i will get you back, this winter youll come home!" all dramatic-like

gab00n
June 18, 2007, 06:09 PM
People are always arguing that Kenpachi's sword is permanently released like Ichigo's sword because his spirit force is too large to contain. I think the fact that he refuses to fight with his sword prevents him from discovering what its ability is so even though it is released he only uses it like a normal sword.

I think everyone should practice fighting with their eyes closed in order to deal with Aizen. I'm sure Kubo will come up with something better so we will have to wait and see. Tousen is most suited to fight Aizen so maybe he will be the one to kill him.

Lord Rae
June 18, 2007, 06:50 PM
I think Aizens sword is what makes him so badass... not a hard conclusion to draw granted but whats better than actually being able to do all the things we've seen him do (drop Grimm to his knees with just power released, catching Ichigo's sword with 1 finger, ect) is making everyone think you can.

His sword allows that... he didn't have to catch Ichigo's sword with his finger... he just had to make it look like he did... he doesn't have to move faster than anyone else he just has to make it look like that.

Granted he is a captain and definitely powerful but I think we'll eventually find out he isn't the god he currently appears.

Impel Down
June 18, 2007, 08:07 PM
Aizen has yet to use his sword for anything but the release's power. He is massively powerful, and a fight would be near-impossible against him, even if you did get around his release's power.

sharingan_kakashi
June 19, 2007, 10:20 AM
I think Aizens sword is what makes him so badass... not a hard conclusion to draw granted but whats better than actually being able to do all the things we've seen him do (drop Grimm to his knees with just power released, catching Ichigo's sword with 1 finger, ect) is making everyone think you can.

His sword allows that... he didn't have to catch Ichigo's sword with his finger... he just had to make it look like he did... he doesn't have to move faster than anyone else he just has to make it look like that.

Granted he is a captain and definitely powerful but I think we'll eventually find out he isn't the god he currently appears.

wasn't it stated that in order to fall under the sword's spell, you have to see it being released first. Aizen has not released the sword in front of ichigo yet so i think he has a chance but i dont see how he can get around that massive reiatsu.

Eternal_1
June 19, 2007, 11:21 AM
I think going shikai/bankai without saying the release name is pretty much like performing demon art without chanting. It is to show that the user had mastered the skill.

please people stop with this thinking its strange him going bankai without saying it. Its nothing big if you can recall he done the same when he fought dardoni (dunno if right spelling) he never called out bankai.

ttxdragon
June 19, 2007, 07:05 PM
I got to admit that I myself don't completely remember the transformation of the dorudoni fight (i don't keep a manga archive of series i buy the local releases, so i cannot look that up)... so I don't know about if he called out there or not, but it is still something we saw only Ichigo do.

gab00n
June 19, 2007, 09:20 PM
We can't be sure he did not call out Bankai in the Dorudoni fight as the transformation was never shown, Ichigo suddenly appeared released in order to protect Nell.

Eternal_1
June 20, 2007, 09:15 AM
ok people how about when he fought against uliquiorra, he never said bankai as well.
he just went into his hollow form and shocked him. It's nothing to big this whole bankai situation i thought it was at first but reading through online mangas at bleach portal site i realized this.

Patoz
September 10, 2007, 09:17 AM
nice chapter!