PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Ultimate Gantz team

2ndKurono
June 10, 2007, 07:38 AM
well ur thoughts how the best and strongest Gatnz team should look,maximum 8 members.

1.Kurono
2.Izumi
3.Katou
4.Kaze
5.Nishi
6.Sakata
7.Chery
8.Reika or Sakuraoka

thats my team.

GAT-X252
June 10, 2007, 07:57 PM
-Kaze
-Izumi
-Black dude
-Bald dude
-Rapist dude
-Kurono
-Sei
-Togo

That is my team.

2ndKurono
June 11, 2007, 01:18 AM
^i see u used the osaka team,i didnt use them cause after seeing those threee sadists i may suspect they are kinda weak,actualy he killed that monster because he had that stronger gun.

xi0
June 12, 2007, 04:09 AM
Interesting. In no particular order my team is as follows:

1. Kurono
2. Izumi
3. Kaze
4. Sakata
5. Sakurai
6. Katou
7. Sakuraoka
8. Nishi

Davox
June 12, 2007, 09:23 PM
i'd say

Kurono
Izumi
Kaze
Sakata
Sakurai
Katou
the sniper guy from the buddha alien mission, what ever his name is
Sakuraoka

DRIFTER89
July 05, 2007, 05:48 PM
izumi
kurono
kaze
sakata
sakurai
kato
higawa

Sheard
July 23, 2007, 11:50 PM
1. Kurono
2. Izumi
3. Katou
4. Kaze
5. Nishi
6. Sakurai
7. Cherry
8. Sakuraoka or sniper dude

Captain Marmoset
July 25, 2007, 04:14 PM
Here's my list and a very brief explanation on why they're there

1.Kurono- leader
2.Katou- moral compass
3.Cherry- mindfreak
4.Old balding guy- good setup guy and can take more than a few hits
5.Sniper- put a suit on that guy and he's hitting 1000 points fast
6.Kaze- good old fashioned brawler
6 1/2.Takeshi- comes with the Kaze package and has potential
7.Oka- 700 points. So far could be the best Gantzer.
8.Hoi Hoi- If it gets pissed while it's got it's suit, someone's going to get hurt.

2ndKurono
July 25, 2007, 04:36 PM
man why ur overrating the sniper dude that much,he just shot from somewhere and all,anyone can do it,Nishi is way a better sniper then him.

Captain Marmoset
July 25, 2007, 11:31 PM
Nah, Nishi always got too close and was overconfident. Maybe now he'll be more careful, but I think that if that sniper had the knowledge and experience with Gantz that Nishi has, then he would still be around. He had a good technique and figured out the flaws and advantages of the guns quickly. His only problems were Thousand Arms regeneration and he didn't have a suit.

Plus, the guy was a military sniper. Nishi isn't. I think training might count for something.

Sheard
July 26, 2007, 01:38 AM
My liking for the sniper guy comes from playing strategy video games. The sniper guy really is the only real long range person. Sure everyone can technically use guns, not everyone chooses to use them... and those that do, don't use them at such an extreme range as him.

Kurono and Izumi are pretty much close-range melee, with the two psychics being close-medium and most of the others being somewhere around the same. The sniper really is one of the few that probably wouldn't stand around scratching his butt if dealing with an enemy that is flying nor would he make a suicide run on an enemy that you really cannot safely get close to (unless you're Kurono.)

I only included Nishi because even though the rules changed, he still pretty much knows way more than anyone else on the Tokyo team as to what is going on... but a lot of this depends on if he decides he's going to act more like a team member instead of his usual tactics of hiding while using the others as fodder to shield him. I think this is why Kurono picked Nishi for being resurected towards the end of Phase 1 over some of the other people that would be more willing to get along.

2ndKurono
July 26, 2007, 05:44 AM
^well judging from the this misssion hes the same asshole as before,but i dont know the Tokyo team aint in trouble right now but he may show up like a hero,its possible,but knowing a jerk like that he wont change at all.

Captain Marmoset
July 26, 2007, 12:04 PM
The only way he's changed is that he'll be a lot more careful this time, if he even does anything. He's already died once, he won't want to do that again.

Hollow Kurono
August 01, 2007, 07:12 AM
he died twice.but it seems he doesnt do anything,im curious if hes alive right now,but he is,i wonder how hes doin.he will def have a big role in the next 5-10 chapters,believe it!

popothepenguin
August 10, 2007, 01:30 AM
Kurono + Old man is definetely my favorite combination. Add Sniper and we have an undefeatable three man team, and if you want, throw in Katou as the moral compass and Kaze and Takeshi.

Hollow Kurono
August 10, 2007, 02:27 AM
Kurono + Old man is definetely my favorite combination.

yeah i think also that they are the best combination,Kurono and Katou newer acted as one,Kurono and Izumi:notrust forget it,killin the Oni boss was just something he needed himself to do.

popothepenguin
August 10, 2007, 03:22 AM
Yeah, but if kurono was still alive, he'd probably do better with the newly revived Katou. The only reason I think it was unlikely that kurono would asked to be freed is because of his relationship with old man... I was kinda hoping that Katou and Old man would pair up afterwards.

Hollow Kurono
August 10, 2007, 04:57 AM
Yeah, but if kurono was still alive, he'd probably do better with the newly revived Katou. The only reason I think it was unlikely that kurono would asked to be freed is because of his relationship with old man... I was kinda hoping that Katou and Old man would pair up afterwards.

yeah and i think this will be possible,they both will join forces and bOOOYA!!!!But i think he would do better with the Old man then Katou,we newer saw them fighting someone like they did,but they could make a good trio :p and Katou already has a partner and thats Anzu.

Sheard
August 10, 2007, 06:25 PM
yeah i think also that they are the best combination,Kurono and Katou newer acted as one,Kurono and Izumi:notrust forget it,killin the Oni boss was just something he needed himself to do.

Well the problem with Kurono and Kato was that when we did see them together, they had to deal with Kishimoto constantly undermining things and making sure that they would never be able to act as one while she was around. If the two of them actually teamed up without her there, they'd probably be a strong combination.

I do think that Kurono, Old Man, Kato and Anzu all going at a group of enemies together at once would probably make for a strong team even without anyone else helping them out.

Hollow Kurono
August 11, 2007, 09:58 AM
Well the problem with Kurono and Kato was that when we did see them together, they had to deal with Kishimoto constantly undermining things and making sure that they would never be able to act as one while she was around. If the two of them actually teamed up without her there, they'd probably be a strong combination.

I do think that Kurono, Old Man, Kato and Anzu all going at a group of enemies together at once would probably make for a strong team even without anyone else helping them out.

well yeah she was,but Kurono newer was in situation to work with Katou,remeber first mission,that was ridicilous everyone did anything,Katou was acting stupid,then Kurono found his old self and defeated him,NIshi probably wouldnt do it,if it wasnt for Kurono and Katou was lucky back then cause he almost survived.Second mission Kurono was without the suit so to make him safier,Katou went with those who were with the suits and left Kurono with those punks and Kurono defeated them all again.And then the third budah mission,Kurono wasnt no team player at all,went all out himself,and everyone just watched him,then they did two groups of people,Masanabu group and Kurono group,Masanobu died group,then when they entered the room Kishimoto ruined everything and Kurono went crazy and atacked carelessly and almost died.And everyone died and Katou died to.Thats it.But i dont think they would make such good group as Kurono and the Baltie were.

Hollow Kurono
September 06, 2007, 02:11 PM
My new list

1.Kurono
2.Izumi
3.Katou
4.Old Man
5.Kaze
6.Nishi
7.Mis.7
8.Host Samurai

a lil differnet actualy wanted to put nOOb in there but thought hes powers wont do that good in da future and he should start using that suit and weapons,thought about puting that junkie but wanted to put Mis.7 and Host Samurai.

Captain Marmoset
September 06, 2007, 03:34 PM
Man everyone's taking my old guy/Kei combo.

GET YOUR OWN SENIOR CITIZEN A-HOLES!

Emery
September 06, 2007, 05:21 PM
01. Kei Kurono
02. Shion Izumi
03. George
04. Daizemon Kaze
05. Kuwabara

Every team needs a Japanese black guy and an alien rapist.

Hollow Kurono
September 07, 2007, 05:30 AM
^^haha.

Man everyone's taking my old guy/Kei combo.

GET YOUR OWN SENIOR CITIZEN A-HOLES!

do u think that u were the only who knew they were a good combo??well i can say ur wrong.

Captain Marmoset
September 07, 2007, 10:38 AM
No, I can't, but I can say that I was the first to post that combo. I can also say that I'm the only person who picked a gigantic bear for their dream team.

warbandit66
September 07, 2007, 01:52 PM
1: Kei Kurono
2: Shion Izumi
3: Daizemon Kaze
4: Kyou
5: Sakurai
6: Sakata
7: Katou
8: Sakuraoka

TheGenius
September 09, 2007, 10:35 PM
1: Kei
2: Izumi
3: Kaze
4: Oka Hachirou
5: Cherry
6: Baldy
7: The Vampie Host

Hollow Kurono
September 11, 2007, 09:25 AM
I think u should take Nishi into ur 8 spot,or George,i realy think hes cool.

warbandit66
September 11, 2007, 09:49 AM
yeah i forgot about those two, it'd have to be george

TheGenius
September 11, 2007, 12:36 PM
yeah i forgot about those two, it'd have to be george

Vampie deserves his spot, he got rid of 2 yokis in a minute and at the same time!

RedMoonBaby
September 11, 2007, 02:56 PM
1 Kei
2 Izumi
3 Oka
4 Kato
5 Samurai
6 Kaze
7 Rapist
8 Reika (for fanservice!)

Hollow Kurono
September 11, 2007, 02:57 PM
^^and in a couple of swings.

warbandit66
September 11, 2007, 02:59 PM
yes host samurai is indeed capable but George eats yokai for breakfast and has a big gun

TheGenius
September 11, 2007, 10:42 PM
I ain't hating on Georges! But Vampie suitless is also gangsta! Pulling out fofo's from his palm!

Hollow Kurono
September 12, 2007, 08:22 AM
What if Host puts the suit on,i can imagine what he will do with it,still Kurono and Izumi are better then any Gantzer i know.

urdtakako
September 20, 2007, 03:47 AM
Not in order:
1.Kurono
2.Izumi
3.Kuwabara
4.George
5.Kaze
6.Nishi
7.Oka
8.Host Samurai

Seta Soujirou
October 02, 2007, 12:29 AM
My favorite gantz team
1) kurono
2) vampire dude
3) oka (osaka team)
4) kyou (osaka team/druggie biker)
5) reika (gotta love her kurono's #1 fan tag)
6) kishimoto (my fav gantz gal)
7) izumi
8) sakata (some esp will come in handy)

Hollow Kurono
October 02, 2007, 07:27 AM
^^I could say ur team is kinda weak,i mean ur puttin Kishimoto in it,but u made a favourite team,she actualy will get everyone killed again.But still a nice list,Kurono is at the top of a list almost in eveyrones team.

Seta Soujirou
October 02, 2007, 10:17 AM
oh yah...i can't help it without kishimoto...but i figure if i had izumi, oka and kurono...they probably could make up for the handicap by kishimoto...hehe

TheGenius
October 02, 2007, 11:55 AM
Reika and Kishimoto are useless...There are bloodclots in your brain...you just can't cope with it and it'll get you kill pretty soon!

Hollow Kurono
October 02, 2007, 01:43 PM
Reika aint that useless afterall,she killed lots of aliens and she is one of the few Gantzer in Tokyo who cleared the game already and she is a leader of the team,even tho a very bad one.

Captain Marmoset
October 03, 2007, 12:12 AM
^^I could say ur team is kinda weak,i mean ur puttin Kishimoto in it,but u made a favourite team,she actualy will get everyone killed again.

Yo, man, don't criticize. These are people's personal dream teams. They're not posting them because they want your output, they're posting them because they want to show they're views.

Alright, that was my one serious comment today. Fun Marmoset is back!

Wheeeee! Still only person with Hoi Hoi on my team!

M3HD!
October 03, 2007, 12:29 AM
1) Kei Kurono
2) Izumi
3) Kato
4) Host Samurai
5) Kaze
6) Oka Hashiro
7) Sakata
8) Gramps

TheGenius
October 03, 2007, 12:52 AM
As a special memorial for our loss in the last chapter, Kyou here is my new emo list....

Rest in Peace Kyou, at least you heroin addiction wasn't the reason you were killed!! Pour some liquor for my dead homie!!

8: Kyou

M3HD!
October 03, 2007, 01:34 AM
As a special memorial for our loss in the last chapter, Kyou here is my new emo list....

Rest in Peace Kyou, at least you heroin addiction wasn't the reason you were killed!! Pour some liquor for my dead homie!!

the priest :
Now you can Throw some flowers .

Me :
hey look , his brain's out !

everybody :
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... let's get out of here , a ZOMBIE !!!!!!!!!!!

Hollow Kurono
October 03, 2007, 05:40 AM

RIP Kyou,damn that was a good joke man,but to bad he died,i realy liked this dude,but i dont remeber u puttin him in the list.

Seta Soujirou
October 03, 2007, 09:35 AM
ya what a short lived character...reminds me of a japanese cowboy riding in his wild bike...doubt oka or any of the others will revive him...

Hollow Kurono
October 03, 2007, 01:16 PM
^^Unless if were makin a prediction that when everythings over,everyone will be freed,i actualy doubt that,man i realy feel bad for Kyou but it was his fault,he acted wrecklesly and didnt think.

M3HD!
October 03, 2007, 02:14 PM
Man , defending Nerdo and himself , he died like a Hero !
5 minutes of silence to the brave kyou , the master of the pouder !

Hollow Kurono
October 04, 2007, 11:22 AM
^^Master of pouder!!LOL!!He didnt sacrifice for Nerdo,he just saved him cause he needed him for some help.

Hollow Kurono
October 05, 2007, 03:14 AM
^YHeah someone will save him,Katou at the best chance but i think well see an apearance by Oka this time,but i think its kinda to early,but this hype on him,he should live up to him and dont realy call me officer,lol.

TheGenius
October 05, 2007, 09:45 AM
Hey, what was the name of the snniper in the buddha mission? He was useful even though he died way too early. I would've added him ot my Ultimate team, you always need a long rage shooter!

Captain Marmoset
October 05, 2007, 10:10 AM
Hey, what was the name of the snniper in the buddha mission? He was useful even though he died way too early. I would've added him ot my Ultimate team, you always need a long rage shooter!

They never said his name, and he died to fast to tell anyone what it was.
But I bet his name was Jerry.

Hollow Kurono
October 05, 2007, 01:10 PM

Hes so overrated,anyone can do that,but i agree he was the first one to actualy be smart enought to back up the team.

xi0
October 05, 2007, 01:15 PM
I've fire guns, and firing them accurately is not easy Hollow Kurono. Especially when you're hundreds of yards away and using a weapon that has a delayed effect. The sniper was obviously trained in the military. He'd be a valuable asset to the team now, especially with all of these many yokai.

Hollow Kurono
October 05, 2007, 02:32 PM
^^Yeah it did have a time delay but it was way better then an ordinary gun,the delay is its only bad spot,and i think its way easy to zoom with it,remeber the Kurono and Izumi duel,when Izumi got killed by Kurono and went back to the room.

TheGenius
October 05, 2007, 11:08 PM
Well forget about Kyou, cryed enough for him, let's move on!

Togo is on my list! But Togo...hum....reminds me of the hero in Golgo 13, Duke Togo who is actually a fire weapon fanatic.

HK : A long range shooter means you can move more freely in a danger area. You have back up if you can't manage all your enemies. It's war basics. He was actually very helpful during his only mission, he supressed and slowed many buddhas.

M3HD!
October 06, 2007, 01:30 AM
i agree with you , he's the ideal person to have in ones team !

My Ultimate Aggressive Team :

1) Kei Kurono .
2) Shion Izumi .
3) Daizaemon Kaze .
4) Higawa . (Host Samurai)
5) Kenzo Sakata .
6) Juzo Togo (the Sniper)
7) Yoshikazu Suzuki (Old Man)
8) Hiroto Sakurai (Cherry)

My Ultimate Sissy Wussy Chicken Team :

1) Kei Kishimoto .
2) Koki Inaba .
3) Masanobu Hojo .
4) Sadayo Suzumura .
5) Hoi Hoi . (Sorry Capt'n , but don't Worry , she'll be fine and survive this as always)
6) Butter Dog .
7) Joichiro Nishi .
8) Old Woman .

My Ultimate Gore Team :

1) Narurihon .
2) Martien Minus . (Only Kurono knows this alien)
3) Tae Kojima .
4) Onion Alien Senior .
5) Takeshi .
6) Boss Ghoul (the strong vampire )
7) Dino Boss .
8) Buddha Boss .

My Ultimate V.I.P gets R.I.P Team :

1) George bush .(he dies in 0.002 seconds after the teleportation begins) Bus Smash him !
2) Nicole Kidman . ( she dies in 5 minutes ,she saw the alien ) Heart Attack !
3) Paris Hilton . (she dies in 2 minutes , Gone to remake her Makeup ) Head Blown !
4) Bill Gates . ( he died in the room , tried to hack GANTZ ) Head Blown !
5) Dave Chapelle (Missing) gone to Mars to make a show !
6) Arnold Swarzeneger (Missing) Gone to shot Terminator 4 in Pluto .
7) 50 cent . (Missing) gone to Mars for an All Galaxy Cancert .
8) Michel Jackson .(he Survived) don't ask me how , tell me why !

TheGenius
October 06, 2007, 02:19 AM
Wow, your list is very similar to mine! I'll paste yours and give reasons, if you allow me.

My Ultimate Aggressive Team :

1) Kei Kurono ;Simply the best, rock star, Devil May Cry like, horny bastard(gets all the chicks), and the best Gantzer could've had a bright future! I think he's the one that gotten the most points suitless!(Plus if you add the vamp attack!)Prone to come back by at least 4 Gantzers, he will make his return like Jesus! Only survivor of the buddha mission, only Gantzer in the Chibi mission, defeated along number 2 the Boss Oni. I think a united voice chants like mega soccer fiels,
Kei come backkkk!!!!

2) Shion Izumi ; What more can we say about this 6'5" psychotic über-athletic teen. powerful to a fault, he was the only survivor(along with Tae but don't ge me started on her!) of the Chibi alien attack! Suiteless with no knowledge of Chibi's powers! He showed higher than normal intellect in the anime and overwhelming physical capacities. He cleared at least 3/4 of the vampire population.

3) Daizaemon Kaze; If I was to pick a bodyguard, 7' Daizaemon would be a pristine choice! Cream of the crop, travels Japan like Ryu to find a good fight.Defeated 100 thugs in a park, a pro boxer, gay bullies and picked a fight with suited Kei in ONE day! Also proud step-father of Takeshi who I believe is the future of Gantz!

4) Higawa . (Host Samurai) Higawa, Higawa, if you weren't so good, I'd hate you for the fact that you got rid of number 1 and 2!! Vampire, suitless, deadly efficient , can extract weapon from his palm. At least 150 year old, since Hosts in Japan disapeared during that time. Also defeated two Yokais in less than 2 minutes, he unfortunately lost a finger during the fight. Development has yet to be made.

5) Kenzo Sakata . Renown for his telekenetic power, he gave a part of his knowledge to Cherry. A very disputed character here in MH, as he brought the team's spirit down.

6) Juzo Togo (the Sniper) One of my personal favorites, in a flash, mastered the long range Gantz gun which help defeat a lot of statues during the buddha mission. Also a decent martial artist, he could've survived if he wore the suit. Killed with honor in the Buddha mission.

7) Yoshikazu Suzuki (Old Man) A very cheerful and courageous 40-50 year old man, in his first mission, assisted Kurono defeat many dinosaurs in the Jurrasic Park mission. Also proved his courage when the first vampire attack was made on Gantzers. Found very useful in the Oni mission. Notable fact: He sees Kei as the hope for mankind.

8) Hiroto Sakurai (Cherry) A yound telekenetic prodigy, earned his power from Sakata, which he calls master. Learns extremely fast, as seen in the Oni mission where he learned how to counter fire at the second attack and when he first started discovering his powers.

oufffff....

Hollow Kurono
October 06, 2007, 08:13 AM
^^ So now we have to make reason,ok.Snap u have a good list dog.

1.Kurono Kei-By far the most kick ass Gantz charachter ive seen so far,hes da best leader,has a purpose and has some super strenght inside him,aint afreaid of no T-rex when he doesnt have a suit on,chooses a simple girl over a supermodel,survives with no arm and leg...flies into a budahs head,not kwoning the suits power,releases it and kicks the shit out of the Leek boss,knows how to use those weapons in a tuff situation,has da confidence to beat anyone,fought one par with the Oni alien which Kaze couldnt or Izumi.Fucked Angelina Jolie.And actualy trained the entire team.Killed lots of vampires without his suit on or havin any Gantz gun or havin all of his memory back.My idol,the guy i like to look up to.He looks jsut like me from da face and some other things,hes my all time fav anime charachter.

2.Katou Masaru-Has a big heart,fights not for one reason but for a couple,cares about the people around him,wont sacrifice anyone for da succes of a mission.Aint da best leader,realy confident,has da confidence to beat anyone,takes care for his lil brother.Aint scared to talk big when his in da tuff situation.

3.Shion Izumi-An addict for adrenaline,doesnt have a true reason,but hes a good warrior cause he only thinks about the mission and only for da mission,brought the katana to the game for da first time,made friends with a panda,brought lots of great members to the team.Showed were u can get bikes,and killed many vampires by himself.

4.Nishi-Probably the best Gantzer in tactics,realy knows when to atack and when to fall back,has the most knowledge about Gantz then anyone,proabably a guy that stayed the longest in da Gantz room out off all chrachters that we know.Has a very cocky altitude but that doesnt bug me,says the truth about people.And could be very valuable if he worked as a team player.

5.Host Samurai-Without the suit he can fight with the strongest Gantzers.Can kill strongest aliens.Has a cool altitude and in my opinion will change into a good guy and will help the team to succed in mission,wants to get back his finger.Showed some moves of Kurono.Cant wait to see what hes capable with the suit.

6.Sakata-His talents are very usefull to the team.Actualy newer used the power of the suit,but if he used the cloack mode and added his powers to it,he would be by far one of the strongest Gantzers,the power he has is realy usefull to the team.And he can give some influance to the team,good and bad.

7.Baldie-The best side-kick Kurono has ever had,brought some sense into Kurono in da "Jurasic Park" mission.The first person he cared in da room since Katou.Knows how to drive a bike in his old age,from da first time he activated the powers of the suit.Helped Kurono kill the "Jurasic Park" boss.By far Kuronos best side-kick.

8.Well this has to be a hard one.

Kaze,strenght wise hes at the top,probably the strongest human in da world,if he teached Kurono some of his moves,Kurono would be unstopable,and if he knew how to use the suit more,he would be unstopable,a very big piece to the team.Im happy hes here.Will teach a boy how to be a warrior at age 5.

This should be my list.I didnt put Mis.7 or George in it,cause i have no clue about theyre fightin styles and other info.Comin with other lists soon.MHD u did a good one.

M3HD!
October 06, 2007, 08:19 AM
i think HS + Suit = INVINCIBLE !!

Hollow Kurono
October 06, 2007, 09:15 AM
^^Well Kurono would still find a way to beat him.

TheGenius
October 06, 2007, 11:16 AM
But we ain't talking about Kei VS HS here....but we should consider team spirit....does it help?

Hollow Kurono
October 06, 2007, 12:43 PM
^^Hmm,i realy would like to see Kurono and HS in da same team,how it would work out for the team.After he killed Kurono i dont think that Kurono would be interested.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 06, 2007, 03:02 PM
maybe when kurono's revived , he wont remember what happened to him !

my team :

Kurono
Kaze
Kato
HS
Togo
Baldie
Reika
Sakata

Hollow Kurono
October 07, 2007, 01:57 AM
^^Well theres still some chances that hes still alive and if he is revived in da room then he will remeber even more then the time he got killed.Now it bugs me what if Kurono wont comeback if hes actualy dead,cause he didnt go to the room and that means he aint in da data bank,well and that what makes me believe that hes a life,i hope.

NaruJunky
October 11, 2007, 08:36 AM
This is the ultimate team:

1,2=Kurono and baldy

3,4=Sakata and Cherry

5,6=Kaze and Takeshi

7,8=Katou and the sniper

9,10=kishimoto and the dog

11,12=reika and kurono's first girl (they will become rivals for getting kurono's attention by who gets more points)

Seta Soujirou
October 11, 2007, 09:01 AM
why the dog? dog only licks kishimoto and does nothing else...hahaha...

Hollow Kurono
October 11, 2007, 10:28 AM
11,12=reika and kurono's first girl (they will become rivals for getting kurono's attention by who gets more points)

Tae will newer join the Gantzers,and Reika will newer take Kuronos heart with Tae around.

bumbari19
October 11, 2007, 01:22 PM
yeah, it would be too dangerous for tae: i allready can see reika with fake tears in her eyes explaining to kei: "i thought she was a disguised alien!"

Hollow Kurono
October 11, 2007, 01:52 PM
^^Lol,i dont think Reika loves Kurono that much,if she did she would say that and act differently,if shes in love she would be on the one way straith train that says "Get 100 points and revive Kurono" and not cryin and sayin if Kurono comes back he wont pay attention to me.

Captain Marmoset
October 11, 2007, 02:35 PM
Tae will newer join the Gantzers,and Reika will newer take Kuronos heart with Tae around.

Tae wasn't Kurono's first girl.
:amuse For a Kurono fan, you don't seem to know everything.

NaruJunky
October 11, 2007, 11:28 PM
Yeah I didn't mean Tae at all, I meant the one who was killed in the 1000 arms mission

Hollow Kurono
October 12, 2007, 09:03 AM
Tae wasn't Kurono's first girl.
:amuse For a Kurono fan, you don't seem to know everything.

Well they actualy werent a pair,if they had sex one time doesnt mean they are a pair.

Captain Marmoset
October 12, 2007, 10:03 AM
When you say first girl, that usually means the first girl you had sex with. Girlfriends are completely different.

NaruJunky
October 12, 2007, 10:54 AM
why the dog? dog only licks kishimoto and does nothing else...hahaha...

just for the lol, we don't get it enough (it was the only funny moment in the manga)

HisshouBuraiKen
October 12, 2007, 05:23 PM
Two more hunts and Nerdo will be on ALL your teams.

bumbari19
October 12, 2007, 06:19 PM
yeah, that guy has guts. he did a lot better than katou or kei in their first mission, where they only had to face some smelly weirdos. he only has to survive 2 missions and he'll become like the other osakans.

k, lets put him on the list

1) kurono
2) kaze
3) kyou
4) nerdo
5) baldy
6) hs
7) sei
8) me

i didn't put oka on the list, because we still don't know if he's real or if he only was an invention of anzu... imagine if he was only made up, some kind of imaginary friend :D

GantzerVSNightmare
October 15, 2007, 06:56 AM
HEY BUDDY , Kyou is DEAD !!

We can't put zombies on our list Right ? :P

Hollow Kurono
October 15, 2007, 07:27 AM
So if hes dead why most of u are puttin the sniper dude.Were makin the best team,doesnt matter if hes still alive or dead.

Captain Marmoset
October 15, 2007, 12:04 PM
Well if Kurono's dead, why do you put him on your list?

TheGenius
October 15, 2007, 12:57 PM
If you guys had no choice to pick an enemy in your list to be a Gantzer, who would it be?

Hollow Kurono
October 15, 2007, 01:19 PM
Hmm,u mean the enemy,if so definantly the Oni boss,Nurari and entire army off dinos and Kishimoto for da final.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 15, 2007, 04:34 PM
Nurari For Sure , and the army of Ogre alien !

TheGenius
October 17, 2007, 12:29 AM
Anyone else or Er'body dead?

Hollow Kurono
October 20, 2007, 06:07 AM
Anyone else or Er'body dead?

Whose Er'body??

If ur talkin about Nerdos suit,then yes its dead,but he got shoot by some horse,then he got buggs in his mouth and he got slapped by "Spider-bull",yeah its dead...Nerdo shouldnt be called as Nerdo,we need a new nickname for him.

GantzerVSNightmare
October 20, 2007, 06:20 AM
the Nerd should be called : the cleverwuss .

the cleverwuss should not be dead , he will become the subordonate of oka hachiro , after he saves him !! and if he dies then why were we watching him struggling to live , if he dies ,, then all he did was in vain and kyou's death would not be avenged

TheGenius
October 20, 2007, 10:59 AM
I was talking about adding an enemy to your list!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
I was talking about adding an enemy to your list!

lol , i have replied to you lol :

Nurari For Sure , and the army of Ogre alien !

and i say it again :
i'll add Nurari for sure , and the army of Ogre Alien !!

TheGenius
October 21, 2007, 05:31 PM
lol , i have replied to you lol :

HaHa Sorry! For my part on my enemy list i'd put the buddha! Only liability is eating human brains....he should stop doing that!

and i say it again :
i'll add Nurari for sure , and the army of Ogre Alien !!

I, I get it!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 22, 2007, 05:24 AM
Hmmm ... you like Giants .. interresting . But Nurari in my opinion is the head and the Boss of the Boss in My Gantz Team ! he's the Most Dangerous Alien in the Game So Far !! so , he can kill the Buddha Monster in a second !

TheGenius
October 22, 2007, 07:01 AM
I was referring to the 100 hands buddha!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 22, 2007, 07:21 AM
hahahahahahahaha.... So i Missunderstood ! Great !

Now i see , Nurari and the 100 hands Buddha in the Same Team , Means : RAMPAGE

TheGenius
October 22, 2007, 07:27 AM
That team would kick ass and take name! So my new team!
1) Kei Kurono + Yoshikazu Suzuki (Old Man)
2) Shion Izumi .
3) Daizaemon Kaze .
4) Higawa . (Host Samurai)
5) 100 hands Buddha! (As a new Gantzer!!!!)
6) Juzo Togo (the Sniper)
7) Hiroto Sakurai (Cherry)

HAHAHAHA!!!!!MUUHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

GantzerVSNightmare
October 22, 2007, 07:41 AM
The Massacre Rampage Godlike Team :
1)Nurari
2)100 Hands Buddha
3)oka Hachiro
4)Kaze Daizaemon
5)Shion Izumi
6)Higawa
7)Juzo Togo
8) Sakata
9)Sakurai
10) K3N (me !! Mugahahahahaha)

Hollow Kurono
October 24, 2007, 02:36 PM

Me and Kurono and thats enough.

BUt if a team then here it is.

1.Kurono
2.Izumi
3.Mis.7
4.Kaze
5.Oni boss
6.Nishi
7.George

and thats enough.

TheGenius
October 26, 2007, 10:10 AM
1)Nurari
2)100 Hands Buddha
3)oka Hachiro
4)Kaze Daizaemon
5)Shion Izumi
6)Higawa
7)Juzo Togo
8) Sakata
9)Sakurai
10) K3N (me !! Mugahahahahaha)

Hahahaha, what a lame plug!Should we include ourselves?

xi0
October 26, 2007, 02:46 PM
How can Aliens be a part of our teams? That makes no sense guys.

TheGenius
October 26, 2007, 07:35 PM
Dunno! I just asked the question if you had to pick an alien, who would it be? They can be in the database...I think.

Tae was considerd and alien but was revived so....

xi0
October 26, 2007, 08:01 PM
Gantz called her the Tae Alien, but she wasn't an Alien obviously.

TheGenius
October 26, 2007, 08:15 PM
But she was a target. It could be possible to have an alien in the room, Vampie did it!

xi0
October 26, 2007, 10:09 PM
But the Vampires aren't aliens either. They're humans treated with nano-machines.

GAT-X252
October 27, 2007, 01:22 AM
Gantz called her the Tae Alien, but she wasn't an Alien obviously.

No, he didnt.

:eyeroll

He called her "Tae Kojima"...

TheGenius
October 27, 2007, 01:53 AM
But the Vampires aren't aliens either. They're humans treated with nano-machines.

But is the slight difference between a target and an alien really matters that much? I mean, I simply would like to see a target/alien in a team! I think that would actually be funny/interesting.(Lot's of slashes today)

GAT-X252
October 27, 2007, 02:23 AM
At the end, i supose Gantz would send the team to kill the vampires....

GantzerVSNightmare
October 28, 2007, 11:09 AM
Lol , GAT-X252 the vampires was the first targets of gantz before the aliens appears , Nishi and Izumi used to hunt 'em !! So no need to hunt the vamps now (atleast untill the Aliens are off the planet !)

Hollow Kurono
October 28, 2007, 12:40 PM
Lol , GAT-X252 the vampires was the first targets of gantz before the aliens appears , Nishi and Izumi used to hunt 'em !! So no need to hunt the vamps now (atleast untill the Aliens are off the planet !)

How do u know that,i dont remeber them sayin it.

GAT-X252
October 28, 2007, 01:59 PM
The vampires called the Gantz Team "Vampire Hunters", not only hunters like the Oni Aliens.

Its not official, but maybe they were old targets.

Hollow Kurono
October 29, 2007, 05:25 AM
Yeah and it seems that the mission wasnt a succses,cause therhe are still some left.

TheGenius
October 29, 2007, 09:05 AM
It has gone wayyy out of topic!

Vampires aren't all that great I mean, Izumi got rid of most of them in a flash...So only for Host Vampie, I'd make the effort of putting him, the rest just sucks!

Hollow Kurono
October 29, 2007, 12:23 PM
U forgot Kurono took lots of them to.Okay now what can we talk now?

GantzerVSNightmare
November 01, 2007, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Gantz Team is the name of this thread ! so every thing that has a link to "Team" must be here !! :P

Hollow Kurono
November 02, 2007, 04:12 AM
^Look whos talking,u should say those things to urself.

GantzerVSNightmare
November 03, 2007, 06:46 AM
^^ hahahahahahahahahahaha LMAO LMAO LMFAO
i'm dead laughing now !!
Damn :D

So ....... Silence of the Limbs !
i think it's the end of this Thread !

TheGenius
November 03, 2007, 09:47 AM
Yup it is!

It'll revive when we learn a little more about new characters!

GantzerVSNightmare
November 03, 2007, 04:15 PM
Hmmm..... So let's Pray it won't Get Closed ! ok ?!

O' Mighty God , Do not let the Modo's Close this Thread , it has some good Memories of Mine !

xi0
November 04, 2007, 02:56 AM
A lack of activity isn't enough of a reason to close this thread. It's mainly for newer members to come and give what they consider their "Ultimate Gantz Team", and the current members to discuss it . Newer characters would help as well.

Spammy pointless posts that spiral a thread out of control is what will get a thread closed. :notrust

GantzerVSNightmare
November 04, 2007, 10:48 AM
ok , now !

what are the characters that you'll never add to your Gantz Team ?!

i wouldn't allow this 4 to join the Team :
- inaba
- butterdog
- grandma and her grandson
- kei kishimoto

Hollow Kurono
November 04, 2007, 11:58 AM
^Easy.

1.Kishimoto
2.Panda
3.Butterdog
4.Grandson

These four aint newa gettin back in my world.Kishimoto actualy may have a chance.

GantzerVSNightmare
November 04, 2007, 02:16 PM
you didn't put Grandma !?
you would let her join your team ?!

Hollow Kurono
November 05, 2007, 01:13 AM
^She wuold die who carees.U asked 4 guys i added my 4 wors people.

GantzerVSNightmare
November 05, 2007, 08:59 AM
why did you add the Grandson ?! you should add the grandma !! :p

Hollow Kurono
November 05, 2007, 09:32 AM
^Well u know i would expect more from a mature human,then a spoiled brat.Baldie is strong and hes old.But the kid aint Takeshi.So the kid is useless.

TheGenius
November 05, 2007, 10:33 AM
Inaba is definitely out of my team.
Kei Kishimoto is useless.
The animals are not even considerd.

GantzerVSNightmare
November 06, 2007, 09:00 AM
Now if you have to add 3 Osakans , who would you select ?!

i'll get :

Oka Hachiro
the black dude
the blonde Rapist !

Hollow Kurono
November 06, 2007, 10:21 AM
^Oka,Anzu and da Rapist dude,cause Kyou is clumsy,George doesnt give me an immpresion anymore,the "leader" is probably weak,so i took Anzu cause i know shes kind and a good team player,Oka cause hes u know kinda good,he cleared 7times and it was hard to choose between da Rapist and Nerdo.I took rapist cause he almost killed some alien without wearin a suit and he rapes aliens.But if Nerdo become better in da future,rapist is out of my list.

GantzerVSNightmare
November 06, 2007, 11:49 AM
Good Selection Buddy ! i like the Nerd too , So he's part of my Originale Team !! ^.^

Hollow Kurono
November 06, 2007, 12:08 PM
^Well i dont think u need to add him,when u have other strong guys.Well atleast for now u dont need to.

GantzerVSNightmare
November 06, 2007, 12:34 PM
Hmmm.... He's part of My Originale Team , and That Means he's precious !

TheGenius
November 06, 2007, 12:45 PM
Without reading what you guys posted;

Oka- For obvious reasons
Georges - 'Cause he's black!!(haha)
Kyou - Even thouh he died, I really liked the rock star attitude

GAT-X252
November 06, 2007, 01:48 PM
George rules, he evaded Ami Kiri movements, even drugged for a minute.

He just had the Strong Weapon at that moment, it would had been easier to kill with an X Shotgun(there isn't a minute before shooting), but there wasnt one..

Still, Kuwabara is better..he is too badaas..and it seems that until now that his suit is without any damage...e even fighted Jakotsu baba with the half os his suit..

TheGenius
November 06, 2007, 01:51 PM
George rules, he evaded Ami Kiri movements, even drugged for a minute.

He just had the Strong Weapon at that moment, it would had been easier to kill with an X Shotgun(there isn't a minute before shooting), but there wasnt one..

Still, Kuwabara is better..he is too badaas..and it seems that until now that his suit is without any damage...e even fighted Jakotsu baba with the half os his suit..

It's true that Mr. Rapist is pretty damn efficient! But he is waaayy too cocky, it'll probably get him killed!

He's like the Roy Jones of Gantz!

Hollow Kurono
November 07, 2007, 03:34 PM
It's true that Mr. Rapist is pretty damn efficient! But he is waaayy too cocky, it'll probably get him killed!

He's like the Roy Jones of Gantz!

Ofcoourse hell die,he walks around with half of the suit on.And he faces by far the strongest aliens we have seen,he better put the suit on like it suposed to or its caput for him.

花男★
November 24, 2007, 11:43 PM
Heres my dream team

1.- Kuwabara (the rapist from Osaka)
2.- Tetsuo (the biker who tries to rape Kishimoto and whose head explodes because GANTZ wants to)
3.- All the rapists from the Ring Alien Mission
4.- Hatanaka aka Yakuza A (they guy who tries to rape Kishimoto on the first mision)
5.- Kei Kishimoto

:amuse :amuse :amuse :amuse :amuse :amuse

dont get any funny ideas, i choose that team cause of their potencial and fighting abilities ...

byes XD

GothHearth
December 03, 2007, 02:28 PM
My Best of All Team :

1- Kurono
2- Izumi
3- Host Samurai
4- Kaze Daizeamon
5- Nishi
6- Kyou
7- Goerge

it's The Sugoi Team *_*

warbandit66
December 06, 2007, 12:12 PM
I posted a team a while back on this thread but I've decided to re-think it

Here it is:

1: Kurono: All round fighter
2: Izumi: Close Quarters Combat
3: George: Close Quarters Combat/ Athlete
4: Juuzuo: Sniper
5: Kyou: Speed kills/ Snipers need to work in pairs
6: Kaze: Martial artist
7: Sakata: Psychic/ Wise
8: Sakurai: Psychic
9: Katou: All round fighter/ Moral
10: Nishi: Stealth/ Knowledge

GAT-X252
December 10, 2007, 11:54 AM
Well my new ultimate team is:

-Oka
-Shimaki
-Kuwabara
-Nobuo
-Izumi
-Kaze
-Kyo
-Kurono
-Togo
-Sakuraoka

Thats it.

Captain Marmoset
December 10, 2007, 03:16 PM
Here's my list and a very brief explanation on why they're there

1.Kurono- leader
2.Katou- moral compass
3.Cherry- mindfreak
4.Old balding guy- good setup guy and can take more than a few hits
5.Sniper- put a suit on that guy and he's hitting 1000 points fast
6.Kaze- good old fashioned brawler
6 1/2.Takeshi- comes with the Kaze package and has potential
7.Oka- 700 points. So far could be the best Gantzer.
8.Hoi Hoi- If it gets pissed while it's got it's suit, someone's going to get hurt.

Take out the old guy and add George, and you have my new team.

TheGenius
December 10, 2007, 07:01 PM
I knew that Georges had something!

Unfortunetaly, he'll die by the hands of Nura.

GAT-X252
December 10, 2007, 07:23 PM
You wish!

:laser

Starwing
December 11, 2007, 07:59 PM
Hm... first post...

Fan-girling Eye candy team:
Izumi Shion (he needs longer hair)
Kurouno Kei (nearly didn't make it on, but after so many chapters, I suppose I'm fond of him)
Katou Masaru (the pacifist, bleh, not attractive, but he's tall and manly)
Sakuraoka Hijiri (hot, hot, hot!)
Hojo Masanobu (what? he's cute, no matter how pathetic)
Suzumura Sadayo "Sadako" (she was cute, and I always liked the Ring)
Mr. Host Samurai Vampire Higawa? (don't know his real name, but I want my blood sucked)
Kazuo Kuwabara (he walks around with no shirt, why not?)

Ahem, on a more serious note. I do think a team has to be able to grow together, so as much as I like Kuwabara's chest, I don't think the Osaka members we've seen will be able to do this. They're rather disturbed and isolated. Unfortunately, their style of combat is solo, and I'm not sure how they would function as a group. Sure they're powerful fighters in their own right, but does that make them good team members? Perhaps not.

1. Kurouno Kei - duh, this guy has Hitler's charisma, the skills, the determination, and the ability to make the people around him stronger just by being in his presence. He is, in my mind, a rather perfect leader. I don't think he's as strong as Oka, but a leader doesn't have to be the strongest, he just has to lead.

2. Katou Masaru - a little iffy, but I don't think this guy has truly shone yet. His morality and indecisiveness may get him into trouble, but where Kei has charisma, he touches people with his kindness. This is useful and even necessary, as the greater people become, the greater their tendency to forget what they were fighting for in the first place, and I don't think Kato-cha would do that. His strength hasn't peaked yet, so I'll reserve judgement in that aspect.

3. Izumi Shion - I wouldn't have included him if he hadn't paired off with Kei in that last bit, or if Nishi didn't seem so respectful of him. He is psychotic and fights alone, but there are aspects of him that are admirable and heroic. If he was in the group, he would still be isolated, but it's always good to have a trump card. And I believe after a little growth, he WOULD be inclined to be part of the team.

4. Sakurai Hiroto - not as powerful as Sakata, but his mental powers and health hasn't been deteriorating. He also learns extremely fast and adapts to situations. While I don't think he is quite at Sakata's level yet, I believe he can surpass his master after a little bit. And he has shown the ability to cooperate and change tactics.

5. Daizaemon Kaze - no arguments there, flexible, yet stubborn. He enjoys the fights and grows from them in a way I haven't seen in any of them except Kei. His humanity also gives him points. I'm not sure how much he can grow... somehow, it feels like he has reached a pinnacle, but I'll see. He's here for now.

6. Mr. Host Samurai Vampire Higawa (still don't know his name) - He's not as malicious as I originally thought. Heartless, it seems, but not outrightly violent or sadistic. The way he treated his monster comrades impressed me, he doesn't hurt anyone who doesn't hurt him first. I think he can be persuaded to staying for the team, and I think he can be the 'evil' to Katou's 'good' so-to-speak. A necessary evil for proper team dynamics.

7. Oka - is it just me? Or does this guy seem like a robot? I'm worried that no matter how powerful, he is not capable of growth, simply fighting and fighting with no motivation or purpose. However, his strength is definitely an asset. If we see him in the future chapters, he may stay or go. But right now, he's here.

8. Nerdo - wildcard! He's impressive, neh? And I've always liked geeks. He has an intelligent that shines through even when he's terrified, and with some polish, I think he'll be good.

-Reika has not been very useful, and I haven't seen her do anything Kei or Katou can't do, so she's not on.
-Sakuraoka - I love this woman. I think if she had another chance, she could shine, but at the moment, I don't know.
-I think there will always be people who have less potential on the team, but that's what gives the series a little reality. I wouldn't include the old man or Sakaba in my final eight becuase teamwork can be cultivated in the right environment, health and physical strength is harder to obtain.

ChaosCloud
December 11, 2007, 09:50 PM
well i think kurono might be the best in the gantz team
but all the osaka people are just trash and that they complete 100points menu so many time might be becuz they were just fighting rookie monsters and i am not sure about the Stealth guy in the osaka team which they haven reveal yet

GAT-X252
December 12, 2007, 12:46 PM
If there is a trash team, that is Tokyo team.

George is pure quality for example, he killed a weaked 68 pointer in a very creative way.

Kuwabara is always fightning half naked, that means that he had dodged all the attacks from the aliens, if not he would be death.

In a hard fight with a high points Alien, you need skills. I mean...you saw what happened to Reika, Suzuki & Inaba when they fought the Oni Boss?

Suzuki just jumped to attack, and his suit went usseles..XD..Reika was even worst, she did nothing, but at least she moved...not like Inaba.

Sakurai & Sakata aren't very good without their special powers, they should need to learn how to use the Gantz equipment better, because not always they would be able to "see" inside the aliens...invisibility would be the perfect match for their powers.

More than teamwork, you need to watch yourself, because not always your partners would be there to help.

Oh well...and get some BMFG, cuz if they dont get better weapons, they would die(Izumi's words)

TheGenius
December 13, 2007, 08:34 AM
Inaba has to die.

I like the old man, he is the Robin of Batman, always there to support you in you're crazy task. Even though he might be old, he still has the suit and in the Dino Mission, he was incredible, he rode the bike like there is no tomorrow, suplexed a dinousaur and many other things. But that is up to you! I'm just lobbying for his position on your list!

Captain Marmoset
December 13, 2007, 11:48 AM
Inaba has to die.

I like the old man, he is the Robin of Batman, always there to support you in you're crazy task. Even though he might be old, he still has the suit and in the Dino Mission, he was incredible, he rode the bike like there is no tomorrow, suplexed a dinousaur and many other things. But that is up to you! I'm just lobbying for his position on your list!

I like the oldie, but if I want to put George into my 8 man team, I have to remove someone. It was kind've a toss up between Kurono and the old guy, and unfortunately, the baldie's old. So, adios old guy, hello African-Japanese guy.

Junpei-Manaka
December 31, 2007, 10:58 PM
My ultimate Gantz team would be..........

1.Kei Kurono (if brought back to life)
2. Izumi
3. Kaze
4. Oka Hachirou
5. George
6. Sei Sakuraoka
7. Cherry
8. Kuwabara Kazuo

kaliayev
February 01, 2008, 01:39 AM
Max 8 members eh? Since we've seen more than that in the room, I'll cap it at 12. I'm gonna go ahead and require that all of these people wear their suits even though some of them refused. Host-Samurai has been left out because he really can't be trusted (we don't know yet if those sadist kills were a one time thing and he'd kinda screw up the group dynamic with kurono and izumi on the team).

1. Sniper from buddha mission- See my post in who'd you revive. The mere fact that he has military training would make him more valuable than almost anyone else that will be on my team. Naturally, he'd have to be the new team leader (Sorry to Kurono, but I've always thought snipers should be team leaders since they have the lay of the land). He'd be able to offer more training than Kurono did plus come up with good tactical approaches to the missions. Throw in his army connections and he can grab some useful stuff when going into the room (I'd start off with some communication devices to coordinate attacks then move on to the explosives for setting traps and moments when the guns just aren't a good option).

2. Karate guy from buddha mission

3. Kurono

4. Katou

5. Cherry

6. Kick boxing lady

7. Kaze

8. Nishi

9. Izumi

10. George

11. Kyou

12. Kuwabara

Team subdivisions:
Alpha (kings of the hill): Sniper, Kaze, Cherry. This team will be responsible for defending the base of operations and clearing out aliens in the immediate area. Cherry and Kaze have been put on this team for the worst case scenario in defending the base. If necessary, this team will change locations depending on progress of the mission.

Bravo (best mini tokyo team we've seen): Kurono, Katou, Kick boxing lady. As long as they can keep the love triangle from screwing up the kurono/katou dynamic, this would make a good team. We've seen a great deal of camaraderie from the members of this team. If any of the other teams get into sticky situations, they'll be happy to lend a hand. Plus, they'll probably be very good at keeping each other alive.

Charlie (the osakan prime): George and Kuwabara. Even though everyone seems to think there's no teamwork displayed by the Osakans, I'd say that they know one another (personality and capabilities) a lot more than the Tokyo team members, which seems to be a hell of a lot more useful than the "teamwork" from Tokyo.

Delta (the lonesome crowd): Izumi and karate guy. Charlie and Delta will be responsible for front line assaults. These two teams take out higher level enemies more effectively than the others. They will also be the only teams equipped with the bfgs (waste of points for those who don't know how to use them).

Echo (druggy and douche)- Kyou and Nishi. These guys will primarily serve as a scouting and blitz party. Both can weave in and out of hostile territory very effectively. Kyou will make hit and run attacks on the bike and Nishi will go in cloaked, lock on, and take out groups quickly.

Under ideal conditions, the sub-groups won't try to take on more than they can chew and will rely on the communication network to keep each other alive. If any 100 pointers show up, they become the last priority so that the teams can join up against it. Beyond the points used to give Charlie and Delta bfgs, all points will be reserved or used to revive fallen members. I reserve the right to exchange karate guy for oka once we get a look at the latter.

Chloe
February 02, 2008, 09:23 PM
My Gantz team.

1.Nishi (because I <3 him)
2. Izumi
3. George
4. Kurono
5. Katou
6. Cherry
7. Kaze
8. Reika.

IStillDontKnow
February 25, 2008, 08:18 AM
1-Oka
2-Nishi
3-George
4-Kuwabara
5-Reika
6-Sniper
7-Panda (Why I chose him???)
8-Takeshi (As a pshycotic child xD)

FRANKYHOUSE!!
June 06, 2008, 11:38 AM
honestly you dont need many people i think a 5 man team is enough

1.oka
2.kurono
3.izumi
4.host samurai
5.alien rapist guy OR george (they are about the same in skill)

that's it. Those are the BEST gantzers in the manga.

georgemarvin
June 12, 2008, 11:51 PM
Hmm...If we're allowed to add anybody, here's some interesting teams:

ULTIMATE OVERPOWERED: This team would just trash anything they came up against, if they didn't kill each other first. Ranked by power and potential. The "bomb in the brain" wouldn't work against Nuri, though. Gantz would have to figure out some other "self destruct" for him.
1. Nurarihyon
2. Nishi
3. Kei
4. Oka
5. Host Samurai
6. Izumi
7. Katou
8. Sakata

Most fun to watch:
1. Kei Kurono
2. Reika
3. Sei
4. Tae
5. Kei Kishimoto
6. Nishi
7. Izumi
8. Host Samurai

Ecchi/hentai: Somebody posted this combo earlier: Kuwabara, the biker guy, the rapists, the big Yakuza guy and Kishimoto. We all know how that one would turn out.

Honorable mentions: Kaze is the most memorable but least powerful of the fighters. He's only good in a fist fight. Reika is a great character, but she isn't much of a fighter yet. But she has potential. Brains, looks, character and fighting spirit are all there. Cherry is just not that great, either as a character or a fighter. Sakata is better as both. The military sniper guy isn't that great; he was a pretty good sniper but not much of a tactician; he tried close-quarters combat with an inferior weapon, against an unknown enemy. That kind of tactics will generally earn you a quick death, just as it did for him. Kuwabara is too reckless to last long. George was too reckless, too. The Osakan team in general wasn't as good as they thought they were; they had a few successes and let them go to their heads. They went into the battle thinking they were invincible. Not a good way to think when you're going up against an unknown enemy. And they paid the price.

Best Death Scenes: Kishimoto, the male model and his stalker, Nishi, Katou, Sei, Izumi, Tae, Grandma & grandson, Osakan drug addict, George. I would have said Sakata would be somewhere in the middle of the top ten, but we don't know for certain that Nura-zilla did kill him. Kei Kurono's death wasn't in the top ten. An epic one-on-one battle against HS or Izumi would have been better. As it was, it was a real let-down.

kaliayev
June 13, 2008, 03:28 PM
Ecchi/hentai: Somebody posted this combo earlier: Kuwabara, the biker guy, the rapists, the big Yakuza guy and Kishimoto. We all know how that one would turn out.

why does everyone forget about butter dog? T.T

GothHearth
June 16, 2008, 08:00 PM
My Team Would Be :
------------------------

1- Kei Kurono
2- Shion Izumi
3- Daezaimon Kaze
4- Oka Hachiro
5- Joichiro Nishi
6- Host Samurai [ The Vampy ]
7- The Rapist
8- Jyuzo Togo [ The Sniper ]

The Weakest Team Ever xD :
------------------------------------

1- Tae Kojima
2- Kei Kishimoto
3- Sadako Suzumura
4- Rice [ Butter Dog]
5- Hoi Hoi
6- Yoshikazu Suzuki [ Gramps ] I Like Him <3
7- Takeshi ( I Love This Cute Lil Boy <3 )
8- Some Week bystander Who Got Shot By Izumi ...

TheGenius
June 16, 2008, 10:38 PM
Why the Ossan?? He killed a Dino, scored 100 points, he was a tremendous help to the team and especially to a suitless Kurono!

I will lobby for him!

You should put useless Inaba, HE is the weakest.

maraxusofk
July 05, 2008, 02:18 AM
why is everyone saying having a moral compass like katou is good? i personally feel he just slows down the team more than anything. he could be a good meat shield though as he proves in chapter 275.

1- Kurono (fast, can take hits easily, good wit sword)
2- Izumi (same as kurono)
3- Kaze (can annihilate anything that doesnt have blades, and do pretty well wit against blades)
4- Oka (big robot and lots of experience)
5- Sakata (versatility)
6- Host Samurai (same as kurono)
7- Kuwabara (if he controls his dick. honestly he took on some zerg thing that killed several other osaka team members who most likely hit 100 pts before also in the middle of raping an alien with no gun or suit)
8- The Sniper (i dont know about u but his support in the long run would allow the team to take anything on)

Mr.Aaron
July 08, 2008, 04:33 PM
Out of 8?

Alright.

1. Izumi Shion - Clearly one of the best.

2. Oka Hachiorou - He's cleared 7 times. Can't doubt that logic.

3. Kaze [Muscle Rider] - Spent his life training. A true martial Artist.

4. Shimaki George - Kicked Snoopy's Ass.

5. Kuwabara - Clearly has skill, when driven by lust.

6. Kurono Kei - He has very strong adaptation abilities.

7. Nishi Joichiro - Stealth.

8. Juugo [Sniper Guy] - Sniping skills FTW. Plus, he's good at one on one.

Hellas Spectrum
July 15, 2008, 05:29 AM
my team of 8

1.(Leader)Kei Kurono-the diago umehara street fighter/buddha arc version.

2.(stealth)War machine oka-Surprise!!! i pwn jooo!!!!

3.(Brawler)Angelina jolie-anybody who could own 1000 arms like that has to be on my team.

4.(brawler)Kaze aka kimbo slice

5.(power up)Takeshi-owww im hurt..Kaze:TAKESHIIIII!(SSJ4 mode)

6.(jedi)Sakurai-i would of picked sakata but hes been abusing his powers so much thats hes on his way out anyways.

7.(moral support)Nishi-AM IZ RIIIITE ORZ WHAAAAT?

8.(pointless animal member)a boxing kangaroo-yea i went there....

georgemarvin
September 07, 2008, 01:06 AM
Upon further consideration, this is the cast that would make the manga the most interesting:
Main cast:
1. Kei
2. Katou
3. Kaze
4. Nishi
Revive one great character from the past: Sei.
HS is a great character, but he is more interesting as an enemy than as an ally. Once he gets his 100 points, he's back on the other side of the fence.

Supporting characters:
The girlfriends: Tae, Anzu, Reika.

Put Anzu into the Tokyo team.

Either let kill bill, Inaba, Hoi Hoi, Cherry, Takeshi and Old Man get their 100 points and fade away or kill 'em all off.

There are too many major characters right now. New characters have always been the lifeblood of this series. If about half of the current cast either dies or goes home, some new characters can be introduced; right now, there are already so many that you need a scorecard.

One Pointer
September 08, 2008, 05:46 PM
Tokyo Dream Team assuming they all work together:

1.) Commander - Kurono
2.) All-Rounder - Old Man
3.) Commander - Izumi
4.) All-Rounder - Kaze
5.) General Support - Katou
6.) Fire Support - Juugo (1000 arms sniper)
7.) Mop Up/Intel - Nishi
8.) Novelty Member(s) - The street fighters from 1000 Arms or Sei to break up the sausage party.

Kurono and Izumi the glory hounds each operate separately but have teammates who accomodate their styles. Old man uses mixed tactics like Kurono, and Kaze can offer strong close support for izumi's sword preference. Katou goes where needed as directed by Juugo from afar. Nishi stays back in stealth and cleans up weakened/unsuspecting aliens to benefit his style while being useful to the team.

Quetz
September 09, 2008, 12:57 PM
If it has to be 8, I'd probably break it down like this:

1/2 - Nishi/izumi - General stealthing experience, the ability to hold their own in almost any situation (or the foresight to avoid a potentially hazardous situation), and overall badass-ery makes them essential.

2-4 = Kei, Katou, Sakata - Sakata being a broken character makes him an easy choice. Kei and katou have basically already proven their worth throughout the manga. At the least, Katou would be exceptional cannon fodder.

5-8 = Any random ass people that are unlucky enough to get dragged into it. Fill them in on only what they need to know, and then pull a nishi on them. It would probably be best to babysit them until a boss showed up, though.

Host samurai, Kill Bill, Kaze, etc - Too similar as far as skill sets go. Only host samurai might replace katou. In fact, let's go with that.

Cherry is inferior to sakata in almost every way.

Take that team, and give them some way to actually COMMUNICATE with each other during the mission, and we'd be set.

croissant
October 18, 2008, 09:46 PM
Kurono - small forward
HS - power forward
Kaze - center
Reika - shooting guard
nishi - point guard

Benchers:
Old man - center
cherry - point guard
kill bill - small forward
katou - power forward

ok, so maybe i just like basketball.....

putopooche
November 15, 2008, 01:51 AM
kurono
izumi
nishi
oka
kuwabara (fuck all kinds of wet holes)
the injectable drug's man
reika
kishimoto

JediKnight
January 31, 2009, 11:06 PM
Here is my list
1) Kurono
2) Kotou
3) Sakata
4) Nishi
5) Sei
6) Izumo
7) Cherry
8)Kaze

my super badass list
1) Izumo
2) Nishi
3) Kurono
4) Kotou
5) George Shimaki(from Osaka)
6) Nobu (from Osaka)
7) Kuwabara (from Osaka)
8) Oka (from Osaka)

gantz8213
February 11, 2009, 10:09 PM
No real order:
-Kurono -Leader/strong close-middle range fighter
-Kaze -amazing hand-to-hand
-Host -Samurai -good sneakin skills, and hand-to-hand
-Nishi -smart, calculating, and knows when to get away
-Sniper from Buddha mission -best and fastest learning gantzer (only one who tested the guns on first mission) and best sharp shooter
-Oka -Must have skills, and knowledge
-Izumi -same as kurono
-Cherry (or not so cherry lol) or one of the guys from Izumi's team cuz they seem talented and knowledgeful...http://mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=gantz&chapter=gantz-135&page_nr=4

If you got any ideas on this team fire away...
[hr]
the reason i left out kauto is his moral dilemmas will get in izumis/nishis/okas/ the whole teams way...

Mishimoto
March 09, 2009, 01:10 PM
1) Oka
2) Izumi
3) Shimaki
4) Kuwabara
5) Muroya
6) Kyou
7) HS
8) Nishi

But they all use the mystical power of teamwork

ralvyn
March 18, 2009, 09:44 AM
i liked the team after Katou and Kishimoto died.. the way Kurono teaches his team and made it strong is good for me already

bfe456
September 12, 2010, 05:30 PM
1.Triple H
2.Jesus
3.Jack Bawer
4.Bruce Wilis
5.Bruce Lee
6.tinky winky
7.Clint Eastwood
8.Bruce Campbell

Surreaoland
September 12, 2010, 05:52 PM
Guys, you have to remember that it's a team, which is the reason people like Niishi (assuming there's no level of respect or force) would fail when they're highly independent in strategy. Perhaps a soloist would be beneficial when they are brilliant, contributing naturally in their individual actions, but an excellent team member may be superior to a fantastic soloist on average.

A_N_G_E_L
September 12, 2010, 08:09 PM
Katou!
That's all I need.

And maybe Nishi too, just to make the whole thing funny!XD

meowykid
September 12, 2010, 08:11 PM
1.Oka With The Ultimate Gantz Suit And Gantz Mech
2.Oka Clone With The Ultimate Gantz Suit And Gantz Mech
3.Oka Clone With The Ultimate Gantz Suit And Gantz Mech
4.Oka Clone With The Ultimate Gantz Suit And Gantz Mech
5.The Leader guy who Teleported all the Gantzer
6.The Leader guy who Teleported all the Gantzer Clone With The Ultimate Gantz Suit
7.The Leader guy who Teleported all the Gantzer Clone With The Ultimate Gantz Suit
8.The Leader guy who Teleported all the Gantzer Clone With The Ultimate Gantz Suit

This is what you really call ultimate.

A_N_G_E_L
September 12, 2010, 08:14 PM
^LULZ

meowykid
September 12, 2010, 08:27 PM
Lol, its overkill, that leader guy took the soldier huge horse faced alien people head on. And Oka is using the Mech while wearing the suit.
So,
4x Gantz Mech
8x Gantz Gorillaz

102jayday
September 13, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hikiwa (Just could handle all without a suit, reps to dodging nurai and toyko teams sniper shots at once lol)
Gantz hi jacker leader (calm, smart and ruthless, better than oka)
Oka (Liked how he did his sneak attack on nurai but loses reps for being a pussy)
Kurono (Has the X factor and oku protection)
Kuwa (Moves around good, if its a alien without a vag and boobs he will do good)
Izumi (Calm, strong and ruthless)
Reika (Brains, reps for oni mini boss alien fight and reps for making a 2nd kurono to help all)
Kaze (Just pure strength, reps took on nurai hand to hand, ripped out the spine of horse katasphere aliens)
Kyou (Smart, cool and went down to business hunting for the big aliens)
Nishi (Cold, calm at most times, good sneak attack player)
Toga (If he did the training with kurono and had a suit he would do well)

Surreaoland
September 13, 2010, 09:56 AM
Oka (Liked how he did his sneak attack on nurai but loses reps for being a pussy)
He was being smart instead of a pussy, buddy, when he understood the enemy could likely kill him.

102jayday
September 13, 2010, 10:14 AM
He was being smart instead of a pussy, buddy, when he understood the enemy could likely kill him.

I am going to run off and let the other team fight it... i will just wait for gantz to time out...hold on theres no timer this time...and hold on the whole city is f#@ed, but i reckon i could hide from that alien in the short zone....

What he did was silly, if he was smart he would tell the toyko the strag and hide close by to perform a sneak attack. Being ingorant killed him.

Surreaoland
September 13, 2010, 10:36 AM
I am going to run off and let the other team fight it... i will just wait for gantz to time out...hold on theres no timer this time...and hold on the whole city is f#@ed, but i reckon i could hide from that alien in the short zone....

What he did was silly, if he was smart he would tell the toyko the strag and hide close by to perform a sneak attack. Being ingorant killed him.
Did we see the objective of his team, hmm? We could assume it's identical to Kurono's, though.

102jayday
September 13, 2010, 10:49 AM
Kurono wouldnt bail, before the dino mission yes he prob would. I just think its totally stupid to flee. Kill or be killed, the enemy isn't going to let you live. Chibi alien came after kei outside of a mission too, it never stoped till it was dead. The osaka team did say to all at start to put suits on well anzu did. Kuwa and george teamed up, but that was it. Oka seem anti social to the whole team by hiding, like nishi. Oka was awesome but he did the silly thing, but oku did that to just make us wtf? and say okay the strongest dude bailed...lol

Shion Izumi
September 13, 2010, 11:11 AM
1) Izumi - Swordsman
2) Kurono - Well rounded
3) Host Samurai - (With a suit he would be 1337)
4) Kaze - Strong as an Ox
5) Reika - Well rounded
6) Sakata - Psychic powers
7) Toga - Team can use a sniper
8) Kato - Strong and good from moral suppport
9 Sei - Good fighter and strong well rounded women
10) Nishi - Stealth warrior
11) Oka - Cleared 7x and has the equipment
12) Kuwa - has sex with aliens

Surreaoland
September 13, 2010, 12:01 PM
Kurono wouldnt bail, before the dino mission yes he prob would. I just think its totally stupid to flee. Kill or be killed, the enemy isn't going to let you live. Chibi alien came after kei outside of a mission too, it never stoped till it was dead. The osaka team did say to all at start to put suits on well anzu did. Kuwa and george teamed up, but that was it. Oka seem anti social to the whole team by hiding, like nishi. Oka was awesome but he did the silly thing, but oku did that to just make us wtf? and say okay the strongest dude bailed...lol

Maybe he got to where he is with bailing at the right time. :p

herminihildo
October 11, 2010, 04:04 AM
1. kurono
2. katou
3. izumi
4. nishi
5. sakata
6. the guy who led them in the alien civilization
7. kaze
8. hikawa

**these guys are insanely strong

meowykid
October 11, 2010, 10:02 PM
A army of Gantz Mechs.
Pure Win.
End Of Thread/

Drakk707
October 11, 2010, 11:14 PM
-Kaze (Takeshi included)
-Kei (Kurono)
-Katou
-Nishi
-Reika
-Kill Bill
-Host Samurai
-Panda

Damura
October 12, 2010, 02:17 AM
There really aren't that many decent characters anyway...

^
Btw all you did was pretty much take the currently existing team, although you opted for the Panda instead of Cherry for some reason. Fair enough.

Crisis.
October 16, 2010, 09:39 PM
1) kurono kei

2)Masaru Kato

3)Oka Hachirou

4)Izumi Shion

5)Sakata Kenzo

6)Kazuo Kuwabara

7)Juzo Togo ( hes base out of golgo13 [ a guy whose consider a pro of pros when it comes to sniping ability ] how can you not put someone like him in your team

8)Hikawa

----------------------------------
people not worth having

1) nishi ( i really don't know why his on almost everyones list, all his good for is using stealth mode and then try to finish the alien of while there busy. and if he fails to do so he would just run off or panic just like he did against the Tanaka alien )

2) reika ( . . .why would you? )

Damura
October 17, 2010, 02:34 AM
1)2) reika ( . . .why would you? )

Lol...

If you want the sex addict on your team she's probably not a good idea.

Crisis.
October 17, 2010, 07:19 PM
Lol...

If you want the sex addict on your team she's probably not a good idea.

my thoughts exactly

El Samurai Guapo
October 17, 2010, 11:59 PM
2) reika ( . . .why would you? )

I can think of two very big reasons.

Crisis.
October 18, 2010, 12:26 AM
I can think of two very big reasons.
are they natural? or . . . but in that cause why not go with kishimoto their somewhat bigger.

El Samurai Guapo
October 18, 2010, 12:33 AM
are they natural? or . . . but in that cause why not go with kishimoto their somewhat bigger.

Cause she's otherwise annoying/ugly?

Besides any bigger than Reika's is too big. I think Anzu has the ideal size.

Pretty sure they're all natural though. I don't think implants are that common in Japan.

Crisis.
October 18, 2010, 12:46 AM
Cause she's otherwise annoying/ugly?

Besides any bigger than Reika's is too big. I think Anzu has the ideal size.

Pretty sure they're all natural though. I don't think implants are that common in Japan.

off topic
----------
question A LOT of people been insulting kishimoto with such as annoying,ugly,stupid,ect what i want to know is why?

if you ask me the only thing i didn't like about her was her falling in love with katou instead of kurono, but beside that i really didn't see anything wrong with her im almost 100% sure that no one would had said anything bad if it would had been kurono instead of katou.

and anzu's were just right not to big not to small just right

warbandit66
October 18, 2010, 09:06 AM
I'm probably in the minority that prefers Kishimoto to Reika. I'm not sure where people are getting that she's ugly from. People seem to forget that she was actually quite brave.

Also I do think that cosmetic surgery is fairly common in japan, especially amongst idols, pop stars and the like, but I doubt Reika has been augmented.

Damura
October 18, 2010, 09:48 AM
off topic
----------
question A LOT of people been insulting kishimoto with such as annoying,ugly,stupid,ect what i want to know is why?

if you ask me the only thing i didn't like about her was her falling in love with katou instead of kurono, but beside that i really didn't see anything wrong with her im almost 100% sure that no one would had said anything bad if it would had been kurono instead of katou.

It's not off-topic. The nature of the female cast is vital to the decision making process!

Here's the annoying shit Kishimoto did:
- allowed the dog to rape her
- general 'damsel in distress'. Annoying as fuck. She's useless. And she's always getting raped.
- Pretends to be Kurono's pet....
- Allows Kurono to stroke her because that's what 'pets' do....
- Jumps in front of acid to save some guy she hardly knew....
- Hides behind Kei/Katou and demands all the men to help her. (Although I suppose she does make a slight effort to help the team as the story progressed).
- I couldn't give a fuck who she liked (Kei/Katou). She 'fell in love' with a stranger and died for him... I don't care who it is, she's just so retarded.
- Also I didn't like her hair (minor complaint).

Anzu's just as stupid... she has a kid and she throws herself in front of a complete stranger in order to save his worthless life. Irresponsible.
[hr]

I'm probably in the minority that prefers Kishimoto to Reika. I'm not sure where people are getting that she's ugly from. People seem to forget that she was actually quite brave.

Also I do think that cosmetic surgery is fairly common in japan, especially amongst idols, pop stars and the like, but I doubt Reika has been augmented.

'Big Titz'. They were way too big. A lot of people don't like that... whether she's ugly or not is up to the viewer to decide for themselves, really. She wasn't that brave. She made a fairly pathetic attempt to help the team and then she sacrificed herself for no reason.

I think it said somewhere that Reika was all 'natural'.* She's still a crazy bitch though. So obsessive...

I wouldn't want any of the female cast on the 'ultimate' team to be honest. None of them have proven to be all that talented and most of them appear to have some sort of brain dysfunction.

*I vaguely remember this being mentioned with a bunch of people looking at Reika in a magazine. Anyone remember if that's the case or not?

A_N_G_E_L
October 18, 2010, 09:56 AM
off topic
----------

Because she didn't do anything benificial for the team, running screaming around, yelling Katou's name all the time, using Kurono to stay and eat at his place just to tell how great Katou is(she could have stayed at her friend's place), she rather was poison for the team, even the Panda, Inaba and little Takeshi did more than her!
The real reason she was in the Manga was because of the Fanservice.:p

But I wouldn't say that Kishimoto is ugly, I wonder who and why they say that? She looks pretty cute and sexy.:amuse

Crisis.
October 18, 2010, 10:31 AM
It's not off-topic. The nature of the female cast is vital to the decision making process!

Here's the annoying shit Kishimoto did:
- allowed the dog to rape her
- general 'damsel in distress'. Annoying as fuck. She's useless. And she's always getting raped.
- Pretends to be Kurono's pet....
- Allows Kurono to stroke her because that's what 'pets' do....
- Jumps in front of acid to save some guy she hardly knew....
- Hides behind Kei/Katou and demands all the men to help her. (Although I suppose she does make a slight effort to help the team as the story progressed).
- I couldn't give a fuck who she liked (Kei/Katou). She 'fell in love' with a stranger and died for him... I don't care who it is, she's just so retarded.
- Also I didn't like her hair (minor complaint).

Anzu's just as stupid... she has a kid and she throws herself in front of a complete stranger in order to save his worthless life. Irresponsible.
<hr noshade size="1">

'Big Titz'. They were way too big. A lot of people don't like that... whether she's ugly or not is up to the viewer to decide for themselves, really. She wasn't that brave. She made a fairly pathetic attempt to help the team and then she sacrificed herself for no reason.

I think it said somewhere that Reika was all 'natural'.* She's still a crazy bitch though. So obsessive...

I wouldn't want any of the female cast on the 'ultimate' team to be honest. None of them have proven to be all that talented and most of them appear to have some sort of brain dysfunction.

*I vaguely remember this being mentioned with a bunch of people looking at Reika in a magazine. Anyone remember if that's the case or not?

she wasn't the brightest female there but reika has done a bunch of stupid acts too(points at the clone) and im sure if she would had the chance to throw her life away for kei she would had done it ,and her life is in even more danger now thats theirs to of them (never know when she might jump for it) But over all those other things were just their to show us how helpless and weak she was.

also she current stay at her friends's house since the original kishimoto was still alive.

warbandit66
October 18, 2010, 02:09 PM
The only thing that I thought was off about her character was the way she treated Kurono. Very manipulative in my opinion, she used the fact that he found her attractive to take advantage of him. Now I don't think that there's much wrong with that, considering he wasn't much better in his outlook (all he wanted from her was sex). My issue with it was that she seemed to come so easy to her.

El Samurai Guapo
October 19, 2010, 01:40 AM
Well yeah, if we're going by usefulness then I agree with Damura that all the female gantzers being worthless. Strictly speaking about looks though I think Anzu wins.

That's to be expected though, not to many women would make good warriors.

Damura
October 22, 2010, 08:48 AM
she wasn't the brightest female there but reika has done a bunch of stupid acts too(points at the clone) and im sure if she would had the chance to throw her life away for kei she would had done it ,and her life is in even more danger now thats theirs to of them (never know when she might jump for it) But over all those other things were just their to show us how helpless and weak she was.

also she current stay at her friends's house since the original kishimoto was still alive.

Reika hasn't done anything too stupid. She plays it smart compared to a lot of the other Gantzers. She's just not that talented. I don't think making the clone was a stupid decision. It's just a crazy one. She probably wouldn't have thrown her life away for Kei. She didn't do much to stop him from being killed when he was surrounded by the giant aliens. At best she'd use her points to bring him back.

What do you mean 'she current stay at her friends house'. Kei clearly only let her in because he wanted to abuse her sexually. Of all the choices she had, she chose to stay with Kei the rapist. As a 'pet' no less.
[hr]

That's to be expected though, not to many women would make good warriors.

I wouldn't say that. It just happens to be a trend with Oku to create retarded female characters. In my mind the only two decent female gantzers have been Sei and that Sadako person. Sadako was a little crazy, but at least Oku never tried to pass her off as normal. She had her merits.

Oku's got another shot at female characters with Natsu. Hope he doesn't completely ruin her the way he did with Kishimoto/Reika/Anzu.

moistgorilla
January 17, 2011, 09:39 PM
well... heres my team

- kurono
- izumi
- oka
- tomb raider girl (did you see the way she kicked the bottle of acid out of the Buddha statues hand? This on her first gantz mission no less)
- sniper (almost killed the buddha statue and ould have for sure if he had a suit)
- nishi (knows his way around)
- reika (fan service)

didn't put katou because we dont need him hindering us with his morality bs

edit: shoot almost forgot Cherry for number 8

digitaldude
January 18, 2011, 08:21 AM
My team Sakata(the better psychic),Izumi(sociopathic badass),Togo(distance shooting),Nerdo(unlikely hero in missions),Nishi(stealth),Katou-Kurono(main characters) and Kaze(hand to hand)

lolnameless
January 18, 2011, 11:21 AM
No teamwork but all strong version:
Nishi
oka
host samurai
Sakata
Rapist
Kaze
Kurono1
kurono2

teamwork version, not all strong but will work as team:
Kato (Leader)
Kaze (close range)
Kurono1 (close,mid-range)
Kurono2 (close,mid-range)
SaKata (unexpectable attack, close,mid-range)
Togo (long range)
reika (long range)
Nishi (work as individual, unexpectable attack)

getiton
January 21, 2011, 07:34 AM
Katou, Nishi, the Horny Osaka Gantzer and Kei 2.
Imo that makes a killer Gantz Team!

RDN-567
January 21, 2011, 09:15 AM
nishi is overrated.

Crisis.
January 21, 2011, 12:29 PM
The funny thing about it is that mostly everyone wants him because of his personality beside that the dude is useless in a team.

Damura
January 22, 2011, 09:33 AM
Nishi has the right mindset to be a successful Gantzer, whereas most of the other characters have got by on a combination of dumb luck and skill. The number of times Kei/Katou/Kaze/Inaba etc. have tried to solo an alien way out of their league is astounding.

That said, Nishi is useless in a team environment and disadvantaged outside of a team environment. Plus he hasn't seemed to grasp yet that aliens can regenerate and see through his invisibility. Fuck him. He doesn't belong on the 'ultimate' gantz team.

RDN-567
January 22, 2011, 02:14 PM
He has failed, every time i've seen him 'fighting' :) (tanaka alien, nurahyon). He also just has luck, while just hiding all the time..

Magnus
January 22, 2011, 04:21 PM
While I agree that "Nishi being in the ultimate team" is an arguable thing, at the same time he's not that bad of a gantzer. While he couldn't do much against Nurarihyon, he killed enough oni aliens to earn about 70 points. The thing is, he's a really good Gantzer even though his skills remain off-screen.

Tomb Raider girl and the Sniper at the buddha mission were wasted, if they survived they'd be awe-inspiring Gantzers.

warbandit66
January 22, 2011, 09:22 PM
Well the thing with Nishi is that he doesn't seem to be able to adapt to situations. Notice how when he uncloaks or is forced to uncloak he just wont dodge. It's as if his feet are stuck in cement. When he was up against the Tanaka alien he was practically helpless. The invisibility provided by Gantz isn't all that reliable, something that he should now by now yet he fails to make concessions for this.

Damura
January 23, 2011, 10:40 AM
^

Only time he didn't move was against the police. When Nuri regenerated Nishi quickly cloaked and moved his position, but obviously that was useless. The Tanaka mission fucked him over. He was actually pretty quick to react but he accidentally jumped into a river or whatever that was. He lost his gun in the river and his suit died due to being previously weakened by one of the bikers.

Still, he's definitely not the best at direct fighting. He doesn't have to be.

moistgorilla
January 23, 2011, 10:46 AM
we have never seen nishi in a situation where he didn't get really unlucky. Also knowing about how nishis mom died in minus makes his crying for his mother much less pathetic. The fact that in the osaka mission nishi got 70 points shows that he has skill.

warbandit66
January 23, 2011, 11:43 AM
^

Only time he didn't move was against the police. When Nuri regenerated Nishi quickly cloaked and moved his position, but obviously that was useless. The Tanaka mission fucked him over. He was actually pretty quick to react but he accidentally jumped into a river or whatever that was. He lost his gun in the river and his suit died due to being previously weakened by one of the bikers.

Still, he's definitely not the best at direct fighting. He doesn't have to be.

You say "accidentally" I say stupidly. He obviously does have to be good at fighting directly since we've seen him mortally wounded twice and killed once as a result of his inability to cope in combat situations.

Damura
January 24, 2011, 01:58 AM
^

He's been hurt badly twice during missions. One was during the Tanaka mission, and the other was against Nuri... no one can fight Nuri solo, and it wasn't a 'direct' fight anyway. Nishi was cloaked and Nuri used his psychic powers to tear the flesh off of his arms... The Tanaka mission was a whole lot of unlucky circumstances after the other. We haven't really seen a situation where Nishi has to directly fight something. It's not his style, and it doesn't have to be.

Kei's been mortally wounded more times that Nishi has. Same for Katou. Luck is what keeps most of the main characters alive. (Except for Reika. Don't think she's even been wounded yet. She may be a psychotic bitch, but she knows how to survive)

warbandit66
January 24, 2011, 09:45 AM
Once is unlucky twice is reckless in this scenario. I find it hard to believe that in all his time as a Gantzer he hadn't come up against an alien that was able to see past his cloaking technology.

Nishi has displayed absolutely no athletic ability at all and despite what people think isn't all that smart yet he maintains his survival of the fittest mindset. His tactic may have worked in the early days but the Gantzers are up against a totally different set of enemies now.

El Samurai Guapo
January 24, 2011, 10:22 AM
In all fairness, I don't think anyone would have predicted Nuri would have come back from being turned into soup by the H-gun. So that second time wasn't really reckless IMO. In fact it was a pretty opportune moment that he chose to attack. I'm also not unconvinced that he wasn't trying to save Katou either.

As far as not having athletic ability, it's not exactly a requirement to survive in gantz. Remaining hidden and attacking with a powerful weapon when the enemy has it's guard down is probably much safer than running around and jumping all over the place. That being said, he is wearing a suit, so if he needs to he can still do what the other gantzers do.

warbandit66
January 24, 2011, 10:29 AM
I always thought that the suit enhanced one's innate physical prowess. So what Nishi would be able to achieve whilst wearing a suit would be less than what somebody like Katou could achieve whilst wearing the suit.

And although Nuri's psychic attack was unexpected especially considering how utterly he was defeated the fact still remains that Nishi was careless. If he had been observing he should have considered the possibility that his attack would not be the be decisive blow.

El Samurai Guapo
January 25, 2011, 12:33 AM
I always thought that the suit enhanced one's innate physical prowess. So what Nishi would be able to achieve whilst wearing a suit would be less than what somebody like Katou could achieve whilst wearing the suit.

And although Nuri's psychic attack was unexpected especially considering how utterly he was defeated the fact still remains that Nishi was careless. If he had been observing he should have considered the possibility that his attack would not be the be decisive blow.

I personally don't think that's the way the suit works, but even if that was the case, we've seen characters like Reika jump super high, and the old man tossing a dinosaur in the air (i.e. with the suit on Nishi should also be capable of super human strength and acrobatic feats).

And I still don't see how Nishi was careless; I don't know how he anyone could have foreseen Nuri regenerating from an attack that turned him into a big pool of blood.

Damura
January 25, 2011, 02:14 AM
^

I think to some degree it is. Kaze is surely stronger with the suit on than the rest of the players. Nevertheless everyone is still massively enhanced by the suit. Nishi will at least be approximately equal with Kei, Reika and Cherry.

Can't really use Nishi's loss against Nuri as an example of carelessness. No one can go up against Nuri singehandedly. Even Kaze would have been fucked if he tried to fight the form Nishi lost to.

Nishi has done pretty well outside of those 2 instances. He managed to earn 70 points in Osaka and excelled in Italy where Inaba, the Old man and Kei failed. He's not that bad.

RDN-567
January 25, 2011, 03:08 AM
Don't forget, that the newbie Osaka nerd also managed to get 80 points in Osaka. Its not a big task to whack a lot of monster with H-gun in invisible mode. And also we didnt see how he fought in italy. Kei fought in the first rows. Nishi probably preffered a safe distance position and hiding.

But I hope I'll be convinced in the upcoming fights against the giants that he's indeed a badass.

Damura
January 25, 2011, 04:56 AM
In Italy?

He was fine. He was standing out in the open, uninjured. This was right before the transfer.
[hr]
"safe distance position and hiding" is a good strategy.

RDN-567
January 25, 2011, 05:03 AM
ok, i've reread it in the meantime, and edited the post. well he looks serious there alright.. but I'm still not convinced about that he is a pro.

"safe distance position and hiding" is a good strategy.
damn.. touché

killy-.-
January 25, 2011, 05:52 AM
ok, i've reread it in the meantime, and edited the post. well he looks serious there alright.. but I'm still not convinced about that he is a pro.

damn.. touché

as long as u have someone in front of you ... all gantzers can use the stealh mode, why dont they do it ?

moistgorilla
January 25, 2011, 06:09 PM
Don't forget, that the newbie Osaka nerd also managed to get 80 points in Osaka. Its not a big task to whack a lot of monster with H-gun in invisible mode. And also we didnt see how he fought in italy. Kei fought in the first rows. Nishi probably preffered a safe distance position and hiding.

But I hope I'll be convinced in the upcoming fights against the giants that he's indeed a badass.

Lol nerdy can't be used as an example, he didn't get kills using an H-gun he got them using nuri's head and pretty much killing a huge amount of aliens in one go. Imagine the amount of avoided deaths if nerdy killed nuri right when he was stunned for the first time.

RDN-567
January 26, 2011, 05:06 AM
yeah but if Nishi was in that area too, then with 1-2 H-gun blast he also could've killed a lot of monster, easily

moistgorilla
January 26, 2011, 06:31 AM
yeah but if Nishi was in that area too, then with 1-2 H-gun blast he also could've killed a lot of monster, easily

No, not at all, if it weren't for Nuri's head nerdy would have been killed in an instant, same with nishi.

DekkenMinus
June 18, 2011, 11:19 PM
For me, the Ultimate Team would be:

1. Kurono Kei
2. Masaru Katou
3. Shion Izumi
4. Hachiro Oka
5. Daizemon Kaze
6. Hiroto Sakurai
7. "Host Samurai" (the vampire)
8. The sniper guy (with Gantz Suit)

dzundzun
August 14, 2011, 08:32 AM
Okay here goes my Ultimate Team:
1.Kurono Kei
2.Nerdo
3.Hachiro Oka
4.Cherry
5.Sniper guy
6.Izumi
7.Panda
8.Dog

kishagi
July 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
wow this thread has been active since 2007...

anyways i just marathoned reading Gantz yesterday (ch 043 - 303) and from reading all your team set ups, it seems as though everyone has the same understanding of who is good in Gantz and who is just a waste of time.

But thats not important. Whats important is what I think and what I can learn from others.

So MY Ultimate Team (based on who doesnt suck in worst case senario - suit dies/ doesnt have a suit/ has to kill everything by themselves for some reason)

- Juzo Togo (sniper dude)
- Oka Hachiro
- Izumi Shion
- Kurono Kei
- Hikawa (The Host Samurai)
- Daizaemon Kaze
- Kuwabara Kazuo
- Muryoa Nobuo (Knob) Osaka Leader

Now There are some benchwarmers that could form a pretty good team

- Joichiro Nishi
- Kato Masaru
- Sakuraoka Sei
- Suzuki Yoshikazu
- Sakurai Hiroto
- Sakata Kenzo
- Shimohira Reika
- Hoi Hoi
- JJ (Karate Gaijin)
- Chiaki (Kill Bill)
- Shimaki George
- Yamanaka Miho
- Yamada Sumiko
- Yamasaki Anzu
- The Guy from Hiroshima
- Hanaki Kyou (just come off the drugs first)

And finally the other characters with potential of becoming useful if theyre not dead already

- Kurono Akira - Defeated 8(+) Vampires in hand to hand combat (although he's a vamipre as well). I dont know exactly how he died but apparently he was more outstanding than Kei so he might be better
- Nerdy Virgin Dude (i havent read the part where he becomes Nerdo yet)
- Rice The Dog - could have been used for tracking and alerting others
- Kishimoto Kei (She was getting better, you have to admit that jumping in (from about 2 meters away) to protect someone from a thrown substance takes m4d 5ki11z)
- Yoshioka Kiyoshi - yakuza guy who died shooting the bigger onion alien, (what would have happened if he wore the suit?
- Hojo Masanobu (Homo): poor leader skills got him killed, proved useful at times though (its hard to tell who was better between him and inaba)
- Susumura Sadayo (Sadako): Needed better training and was unlucky, but proved useful at times
- Tetsuo (Anime Ver.): was a biker and has experience fighting to survive. had his death not happened, his actions at the budda temple would prove his usefullness
- Tomao: killed buddhist statues without use of the suit, Ignorance of 1000 arms power got him killed; i doubt any beginner could have survived that. In fact, none did
- Konta: killed buddhist statues without use of the suit, Ignorance of 1000 arms power got him killed; i doubt any beginner could have survived that. In fact, none did
- Inaba Koki - Dude should have trained, gained confidence right before he died
- American G #1-4 (these guys were just completely overwhelmed in that situation. Since they didnt have the suit on or have any weapons they couldnt hope to fight raptors. When they were leaving, they were shot and killed by the Vampires; Gantz was just too slow. Had they survived, they could have been very useful.)
- I was going to put down Uranaka Ayaka but the only way she could have had potential cancels out the way she died. If she wasnt raped she could have been somewhat useful
- Takeshi - he is on the potential list as he is still a baby and cant use a gun (what happens when his suit breaks?)