PDA

View Full Version : Who Really is Buggy?

Kikuna992
June 15, 2007, 12:59 PM
Buggy has got history, being in the same crew as Shanks and fighting in the era of Gol D. Roger but why is it that he is so weak? Could he be more than Oda has revealed? What do you think?

mugen
June 15, 2007, 01:05 PM
nope he's weak.
shanks can go even while being handicapped ....but Buggy is scared at just the mention of his name...so Buggy is weak but you could say he has knowledge of the grandline and is exprienced.. I guess.. but he's no great pirate unless he has been acting weak which I doubt.

Impel Down
June 15, 2007, 01:07 PM
He's gotten stronger since we first saw him, and so has his crew, but he's still weak. Just because you're in a tough guy's crew doesn't mean you're supa strong! I mean, look at the weaklings in Bellamy's crew, and they served under the guy with the biggest bounty we've seen so far!

Imitorar
June 15, 2007, 03:55 PM
Just because a person is in a powerful CREW and had legendary adventures doesn't mean they're strong. Look at the third level Straw Hats, Nami and Ussop (I consider Chopper middle level with Robin and Franky, because of his Devil Fruit powers). Ussop is probably about the same strength as Buggy, and he keeps up with Luffy's adventures, yet he's still weak, for a Straw Hat pirate. As long as you have some sort of skill that will help the crew, even if it is just to have an extra pair of hands to help out, you're useful, if weak, and Buggy was probably protected in fights by other, more senior crew members. So was Shanks, probably, he was just a cabinboy then. It's just that after Roger died, Shanks went back into the Grand Line and got alot stronger, strong enough to be a Yonkou known throughout the world, while Buggy went to East Blue, the weakest ocean, and did get a bit stronger, but not as much as his former crew mates. Although Impel Down is right, he certainly has gotten stronger since Volume 3 when Luffy defeated him, during his journey to get back his body parts and fighting his way through the Grand Line. But he's still not at a legendary level, and probably won't be ever. He just wasn't born for greatness, Buggy.

gao_dargon
June 15, 2007, 09:56 PM
i think that Buggy is stronger than Ussop or Nami for that matter

caco
June 15, 2007, 10:14 PM
he is weak but famous even whitebeard know him and consider him funny

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 12:00 AM
right now he is in Jail with moust of his crew and Albida right? they were captured in Loge Town if i remeber correclty, do u think we will see more of him?

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 25, 2007, 02:45 AM
We've seen him on the GL and we've already come to know that he and Albida could escape from Smoker ...

Absolutio
June 25, 2007, 03:55 AM
he is weak but famous even whitebeard know him and consider him funny

Dunno if famous is the word. He served in Gol D. Roger's crew, and WhiteBeard and Roger's crew fought lots of times, so that's how he know Buggy, not because he's a famous pirate or alike.

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 10:21 AM
We've seen him on the GL and we've already come to know that he and Albida could escape from Smoker ...

they escaped? or youre sugesting they can?

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 25, 2007, 10:36 AM
it was because of the storm ... the marines said that

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 02:41 PM
aaaaa i think i remeber know, so u think he will be seen again?

Absolutio
June 25, 2007, 04:56 PM
Probably.. We saw him searching for Gaya's Island treasure (The treasure is in the Skull's right eye? Remember?) and since then, we havent seen him. (Unless you count the special episodes with Luffy Oyabin). I think Oda just likes his char. =D

gao_dargon
June 25, 2007, 05:16 PM
hahaha ya, oda likes allmoust every character he makes

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 26, 2007, 04:19 AM
aaaaa i think i remeber know, so u think he will be seen again?

I hope so!

I think Buggy is a important character ... somehow.

Luckas
June 26, 2007, 04:45 AM
Please guys, more meaningful posts :)

gao_dargon
June 26, 2007, 06:33 AM
in what way? im not saying he is not im just curioust about why do you think that

Kikuna992
June 26, 2007, 11:53 AM
Well the fact that Buggy is surviving in the Grand Line shows us that he is resourceful and his crew can somehow survive, despite being weak. Maybe somewhere in the "Shinsekai", perhaps even Rafftel and he mayl catch up with Luffy armed with something bizzare, which can defeat Luffy. So he may put up a good fight not with sheer strength but using perhaps cowardly techniques.

gao_dargon
June 26, 2007, 01:03 PM
where does buggy get all his resourses? do u think he learned anything mayor on gol's ship?cuz as for the question itself of "how really is Buggy" well i cant answer that cuz i thougt of him as a reagular kinda week pirate, but he has gone thru the grand line with only his crew,so theres gotta be something about him,but what? that i can not say,cuz i dont think that the power of the bara bara no mi is enough for him to survive the grand line

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 26, 2007, 05:19 PM
I just think they gain experience and strenght on the GL like the mugiwaras .... and other pirates.

When you travel on the GL there's no way to not getting stronger. I guess the same happened to Buggy and his crew.

Imagine Luffy stayed in East Blue, I doubt his bounty would higher than the 30 million berry he got after beating Arlong.

I think Buggy became stronger and Moji and Kabaji and the others as well ... I am really sure his bounty also raised.

gao_dargon
June 26, 2007, 09:32 PM
u think he will encounter the SH again?

Limba Limba no Mi
June 27, 2007, 06:03 AM
u think he will encounter the SH again?

Absolutely yes. Oda made him take the GL surely for a purpose, and I dont really think he will not reach Luffy.

I also think (I'm sure) that he's already been in raftel. He was in Gold D. Roger crew after all

gao_dargon
June 27, 2007, 12:03 PM
i thought of that too (i mead a theard about that) but now that i think of it, im not sure the crew new, cuz then the hole mebers of the crew would be lookin for it dont you think? an as far as we know the only 2 pirates from Gol's crew that are still pirates are Shanks and Buggy

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 27, 2007, 04:29 PM
I don't think that Buggy already is on Raftel but he is after Luffy (and maybe Zoro) for sure.

They made fun of him ... the great captain Buggy got badly beat up by two kids ...

He suffered because of them (remember the journey without his whole body) and he wants REVENGE!

Impel Down
June 27, 2007, 09:09 PM
Plus, this IS getting him closer to the ultimate treasure, which is one of the only things he cares about, so he's got more reasons to chase him. His crew also got a lot stonger, as we saw at Loguetown, and they're probably still increasing their power, possible becoming fairly strong, at least Foxy or Bellamy level.

fanatik
July 06, 2007, 10:58 AM
Well, imho, there's definitely more to Buggy than an eye meets, but it's not so much about his strength, but his personality. He's not a bad guy, really, it can be quite clearly seen in events after he met Luffy for the first time. Really, a guy whom Shanks thought of as a very good (if not best) friend and asked to join him (that proves Buggy was really trusted and important nakama in Shanks' eyes and Shanks saw some potential in him) can't be bad on the inside. It's just that Buggy's tryin' to act as he thinks a cool big bad strong pirate should puttin' up something like façade and tryin' his best in believin' this façade. But what is of importance is that inwardly he doesn't hate Shanks one bit - he also considers him a friend even tho' he's not goin' to admit it even to himself anytime soon. But you guys really think that once the two of them meet again (with Shanks goin' all 'Oh, Buggy! It's been so long! I'm so glad to see ya! How's ya been, buddy?' and grinnin' from ear to ear) he would try to kill Shanks with all what he got? Like hell, I think. At maximum it will be half-assed attempt)))) Somehow Shanks-Buggy situation for me are strongly resemblant of Cobby-Helmeppo one. Cobby managed to break through the barrier Helmeppo created around himself, and Shanks did that with Buggy back then when they were teens and will easily do it again when they meet up.
And yeah, this meeting's gonna be hell lots of fun to watch, I'm impatiently lookin' forward to it!

weixiaobao
July 08, 2007, 12:48 AM
i have a crazy feeling that buggy will one day team up with the strawhats...
and i believe his bounty should have increased after escaping logue town probably into around 50 to 60 million beries..

maybe like luffy's gear abilities.. there will be an extention to buggy's chop chop fruit..

Impel Down
July 08, 2007, 08:28 AM
I can't really see how he can improve it anymore...and I cannot see him teaming up w/ Luffy. I can see him teaming up with a major villain and getting his ass beaten immideatly, but not with the Mugiwaras, no.

ryusuke_
July 11, 2007, 04:40 PM
But with his current crew, Buggy can't do anything. He has to go alone training more or find better mates...

fanatik
July 12, 2007, 11:32 AM
I don't think he would be changin' crewmates))) He's attached to them - like most of not very bad guys in One Piece he values them. And like most of those who survives Grand Line he gotta get stronger, but I don't believe he can ever get close to Shanks' level.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
July 12, 2007, 11:35 AM
There are a lot of possibilities his crew can become better!

Kabaji could train his sword skills and stop this "I do funny circus tricks" crap...if he has the guts (and I think he has at least some ^^) he could become a good swordsman.

The same with Moji. He is a tamer (is it the right word? I don't know *g*) and if he eat a Zoan type DF he could talk with animals which is a very good ability for a tamer.

Besides I think there will be some guys on GL who would join the Buggy pirates.

I would do so. I mean, we don't know if he has become stronger but if you compare him with other pirates he is more or less one of the "Mr. Nice Guys".
For Buggy are his nakama as important as for Luffy and I think even him would risk his life to save them.

devicat26
August 06, 2007, 01:13 PM
i think Buggy is just a comic relief character - i think oda mentioned somewhere he liked buggy the best. and Buggy IS hilarious -the episode when Ace crashes Buggy's party is pretty funny and the fact that Ace offered to show Buggy where Luffy was might suggest that Ace knows Buggy wouldn't stand a chance winning against Luffy and therefore didn't mind telling him for a free meal. i don't agree that Buggy is stronger than Nami and Usopp. in the beginning yes, definetly but now especially after the Enies Lobby arc - no way. Nami with her Thunderbolt Tempo would fry Buggy and Usopp with his Kabuto would still win against Buggy.

Buggy also can act as a background provider for the story, as we saw when he described how he knew Shanks, how he got his devil fruit ability and how he knew Whitebeard. overall he's just a funny character that pops up once in a while. it would be interesting to speculate whether he will have an important role in any upcoming arcs.

matrice
August 09, 2007, 06:15 AM
I don't know how came out that Buggy and Shank, both starting at the same level as comprades on G.R.'s ship, are now at two levels so different. The one was beaten by a simple beginner (Luffy) and wasn't even inside the Grand Line, the second is one of the four emperors, with enough power to beat the best swordsman of the world and able to stand up to the strongest man of the world (Whitebeard). How came out that starting at the same level of strenght one has become a monster and the other a small fry???

Imitorar
August 09, 2007, 10:35 PM
How came out that starting at the same level of strenght one has become a monster and the other a small fry???

Yep. The moral of the story: potential is no good if it's left unused. If you use it, you could become probably of the top 5 most powerful people in the world. If you don't, you can become some comical wanna-be still nursing teenage grudges and trying desperately to catch up to the former comrades who left him behind.

P.S. Buggy is NOT Oda-sensei's favorite character, at least, not according to this interview (http://www.gamekult.com/blog/nossvii/35059/Interview+de+Akira+toriyama+et+eiichiro+oda%7C+color+walk.html) between him and Toriyama Akira, the mangaka of Dragonball. In it, he says his favorite character is Gaimon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaimon#Gaimon). Search the article for "Gaimon" and you'll see.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaimon#Gaimon)

(By the way, an awesome line from the interview.
Toriyama: So, all of that creativity which makes your readers really happy just comes out naturally? Or are you trying to suck-up to the readers?

Oda: Both.

IgnorantSage
August 11, 2007, 01:19 AM
The same with Moji. He is a tamer (is it the right word? I don't know *g*) and if he eat a Zoan type DF he could talk with animals which is a very good ability for a tamer.

I think it was said somewhere (SBS? or the manga maybe?) that a zoan fruit does not grant the user an ability to talk with animals.

Imitorar
August 11, 2007, 09:23 PM
I think it was said somewhere (SBS? or the manga maybe?) that a zoan fruit does not grant the user an ability to talk with animals.

Yeah, Chopper said he could only do it because he WAS an animal. He probably had to learn to speak like a human after he ate the fruit too, and he did it by hanging around villages and stuff. It just gave him the ability, not the knowledge.

matrice
August 14, 2007, 11:08 AM
I think that Buggy's ability has a lot of unespressed potential. If we aregoing to see him again he'll have to be powerful, because if Luffy is heading towards the New World he needs to be storng enough to go after him, and for the standards (the four emperors live there) he need to grow a lot. His main problem will probably be the same as Luffy's: he is a paramisha, so he will have problems fighting a rogia-type DF-user... He will need some weapons with extremities of algamolite. or he won't even touch the enemy. This will go for Luffy, too.