PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 359 Discussion [Naruto]

bax
June 15, 2007, 01:15 PM
Chapter 358 is out guys!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14031)!!

SUMMARY: So we've just witnessed a truly action-packed beginning to Deidara and Sasuke's battle! We've seen Deidara give Sasuke what for, now will Sasuke do the same to him? Tell us what you think will happen in Chapter 359!

REMEMBER - keep the discussion on topic and please don't do any one-liners or two-liners that contribute nothing to the discussion. We'll delete posts as necessary. If you want to talk about what actually happened in the chapter itself, the 358 Discussion Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13718) here would be a far better place. Thanks!

ANBU4U
June 15, 2007, 01:35 PM
This chapter looks amazing.

I wonder how Sasuke managed to get shuriken off from the opposite direction....

Hopefully the text will elaborate.

Anyway, it looks like the wing mutilation may have been intentional on Sasuke's part...if this thing really is all done next week I'm shocked. Even if I thought Sasuke would win, I thought it would take way longer than this.

Still that last scene wasn't quite "hit with FRS" final so Diedara may well be alive next week. But I wonder.....what he'll do without his arms.

Gold Knight
June 15, 2007, 01:47 PM
The battle is more interesting than I anticipated. I didn't expect Deidara to cause that many problems for Sasuke. But all I can say is that it's your usual "oh noes he pwned me! Now I'll pwn him!" type of pattern that Kishimoto has kind of fallen on lately.

Deidara next chapter I think will reveal the secret of why he was able to withstand so much pain having lost his hand back in the early goings of Part 1. Since, it looks like he's having to deal with possible body amputation again. I think there's something special about him personally - I know some people hate the idea of Deidara being a cyborg and all that, but his left eye visor does seem to give that impression.

Diceman5000
June 15, 2007, 01:59 PM
I agree with Anbu4u that Diedara death is not like the death of the other Akatsuki members. (Not the whole page type thing) That is one of the reasons that I think he is still alive. Next chapter I think that Tobi will fight/retreat with his injured senpai. Maybe we will see some Naruto next chapter lol and who Juugo was going CS on all those chapters ago.

yemsta
June 15, 2007, 03:30 PM
Damn that was an amazing chapter sasuke and his sword trick towards the end was a very intuitive idea. Deidara's plan was pretty good too and it seems it would have worked and sasuke seemed to have a bit of trouble here.

Prediction: Deidara is wining this fight. I think deidara has a way of not being damaged too much by his own bombs therefore I doubt his mines will kill him. Im really hoping for Tobi's main input here. It also seems that Tobi is an earth type jutsu user as the technique he used was similar to that of kakashi's (when he goes underground and pullls you in). I think deidara is going to pull out his big jutsu after a flurry of smaller attacks. ( Im not quite sure how is going to get past the fact that he his arms have been injured.) sasuke will be forced to use his final attack which orochimaru did not want him to usebefore and I think in the end sasuke will lose or he will win and tobi will incapacitate him and flee with his sempai.

I can see deidara losing and the tobi suddenly turning all serious and quickly rendering sasuke useless while saying "you fought well uchiha" and then carrying deidara to safety.

No one is dying here unless someone comes to help sasuke thats for sure.

voidyou17
June 15, 2007, 03:34 PM
I think Deidara still has something up his sleeve... if you look back a couple of chapters he showed that his arm was attached with thread so I doubt he was still pinned down when his dragon feel on the mines...

Kyto
June 15, 2007, 03:34 PM
Well, the side-text says "The artist's grand finale" so I'm pretty sure he won't be killed off quite yet.

PredatorNar
June 15, 2007, 03:39 PM
Well, I'm gonna give a good prediction unlike the Sasuke fanboys who automatically thought Sasuke would pwn Deidara (Hmm it seems Sasuke is using his best skills now; Sharingan doesn't matter versus Deidara unless it's Mangekyou).

Anyway, it was a very good chapter, but you know what annoyed me? Tobi and Deidara acted like those goofy cartoon villians who explain their plans to the enemy. Why in the heck would they TELL Sasuke about the mines and about the trapping plan? If Sasuke didn't know about the mines, he would surely be dead (I don't care what kind of ninja you are, if you are caught on a land mine, you're dead).

Anyway, it seems that Sasuke is still in the air and since he cannot fly, it looks like he will land in that explosion as well. My prediction is that Tobi stepped in at the last second to get Deidara out of the way...

...Tobi either a) Jumped and grabbed Deidara landing out of the way somehow or b) somehow shield Deidara with his body.

Sidenote to Sasuke fans: See what overrating Sasuke gives you? Yes, Sasuke did do an impressive move with the sword and jumping, but he was getting his butt whooped by what? Deidara's "lame bombs."

Mendes
June 15, 2007, 03:40 PM
Well, if deidara isnt dead after those tons of mines exploding on him along with his C2 dragon... then he's another immortal. And what happened to Tobi? He did nothing to help his senpai when he got hit. Couldnt he do a thing? He probably got too far away from the battlefield to avoid stepping on the mines. Still, it would be nice for deidara to have borrowed tobi a clay bird.
I predict deidara is semi-dead and tobi is alive. Tobi runs away and Sasuke tortures deidara for information. In the end, after combining the information sasuke got torturing deidara with the info suigetsu got from those guys, Hebi will learn the same information as Konoha with the black book. It seems fair a thing like that happens, so that Hebi and Konoha are on the same step towards Itachi. If the battle is over by now, I think there wont be any meetings between Hebi and Leaf before they get to Itachi's real location.

D00m46
June 15, 2007, 03:44 PM
At the end of the chapter it says next week is "The artists grand finale." I know the names of the next weeks chapters shown at the end of this weeks chapter aren't always the most accurate. I think it'd bee too early in the fight for Deidara to die as well, especially considering he's an Akatsuki member.

The term "grand finale" reminds me of when Deidara ate that piece of clay and exploded that clone (or was it a clone? I don't really get that part). I think it'd be pretty lame if he pulled the same trick again.

Then, I seemed to remember that there was a chapter page of only Deidara sticking his three tounges out and a little saying about them that I can't quite remember. It got me thinking; maybe Deidara can form bombs in his real mouth (like that spider-guy of the sound four that fought Neji could form webs in his mouth) just like the ones on his hands.

Then I thought, if its a 'grand finale', the Deidara would do something with a big bang.
We know Deidara has formed three levels of his bombs C1, C2, and C3. But ever since he used the C3 in his fight with Gaara, I've been wondering if he'll develop (or has developed) a new level, C4. Its just something that always irked me, what with C4 being a powerful explosive in real life, and all that.

Black/Light
June 15, 2007, 03:46 PM
Clay man is still kicking seeing as the next chap is "the artist's big final" or w/e.

Im pretty sure all this comotion got some peolpe's attention so I expect to see some of the other characters to come.

And I agree with Diceman.

PredatorNar
June 15, 2007, 03:47 PM
I think Deidara still has something up his sleeve... if you look back a couple of chapters he showed that his arm was attached with thread so I doubt he was still pinned down when his dragon feel on the mines...

Oh yea, I forgot that in the Gaara fight. Deidara seemed to rip his own arm off pretty easily so that's a 3rd possible way he could escape.

Recalcitrant
June 15, 2007, 03:51 PM
The term "grand finale" reminds me of when Deidara ate that piece of clay and exploded that clone (or was it a clone? I don't really get that part). I think it'd be pretty lame if he pulled the same trick again.

Then, I seemed to remember that there was a chapter page of only Deidara sticking his three tounges out and a little saying about them that I can't quite remember. It got me thinking; maybe Deidara can form bombs in his real mouth (like that spider-guy of the sound four that fought Neji could form webs in his mouth) just like the ones on his hands.

Then I thought, if its a 'grand finale', the Deidara would do something with a big bang.
We know Deidara has formed three levels of his bombs C1, C2, and C3. But ever since he used the C3 in his fight with Gaara, I've been wondering if he'll develop (or has developed) a new level, C4. Its just something that always irked me, what with C4 being a powerful explosive in real life, and all that.

Completely agree with you. Deidara was cornered by Team Gai and was able to get some clay by eating some off his own bird and then blowing himself (a clone) up. Hes proven very sneaky as far as when hes supposedly captured, as was the case when naruto attacked him and pinned him to the ground and it turned out to be a clone and obviously how he survived the explosion prior to.

My guess is he'll play along with the pinning of the arms, let Sasuke get in close to him and unveil something truly great on him. Sasuke thinking hes only a long range fighter and that he adds chakra to the clay via his hands will probably rip them or cut them off before approaching, since we all know this isnt really that big of a concern to him (see gaara and kakashi tearing them off) he'll play along to get him close enough to not be able to escape/dodge his attack. It isnt like hes just gonna roll over he'll have something in mind to get sasuke and I'm hoping for something along the lines of C4 (the play on words is just funny for it not to be).

hitokugutsu
June 15, 2007, 03:55 PM
My prediction: Tobi uses his MS to teleport Deideira-senpai safely out of there OR Deidei rips of his arms again and maybe we'll get an explanation how he magically regrowed his arm that was crushed by Gaara

PredatorNar
June 15, 2007, 03:57 PM
Does anyone else realize that Sasuke is about to fall into the explosion as Deidara? I mean 1 wing can't make u fly to safety.

D00m46
June 15, 2007, 04:02 PM
Does anyone else realize that Sasuke is about to fall into the explosion as Deidara? I mean 1 wing can't make u fly to safety.

BUT one wing can act as a sort of parachute type thing on his side. Although, then he'd spin a lot. Making him a dizzy, CS2 Sasuke with one wing falling from high in the air into a pit of fire.

That sounds pretty funny!:p

KingJosh
June 15, 2007, 04:03 PM
I looveed this chapter. I hope 359 will be the same. But however, I think this is the end of Deidara, even if it looked like Deidara owned sasuke, sasuke did it on purpuse for is stratege:darn .

Next Chapter we will see more about the other hebis and less about sasuke, but I think we will se som scenes from the plot were sasuke is.:)

PredatorNar
June 15, 2007, 04:12 PM
I looveed this chapter. I hope 359 will be the same. But however, I think this is the end of Deidara, even if it looked like Deidara owned sasuke, sasuke did it on purpuse for is stratege:darn .

Next Chapter we will see more about the other hebis and less about sasuke, but I think we will se som scenes from the plot were sasuke is.:)

Sasuke didn't lose a wing as strategy. He lost a wing to save his own life. Why would he purposely take away his ability to fly? So he could look cool jumping off a sword? yea, that makes sense =\

Anyway, I'm convinced that Sasuke would be dead right now if Tobi and Deidara didn't explain to him about the trap they set. If Sasuke didn't know about the trap and mines, there would be Uchiha bits everywhere.

Mendes
June 15, 2007, 04:13 PM
My prediction: Tobi uses his MS to teleport Deideira-senpai safely out of there

please stop mentioning that stupid theory till it gets confirmed or tossed out.

The chapter endings always come with a note about the next chapter, that's usually not accurate. If deidara actually got hit by that huge explosion... its hard to believe hes alive. Still, he could have been saved at the last moment by tobi and made the mines explode to fool sasuke. I think he was in no condition to make the seal to create the explosion, as his arms were pierced by the shurikens. If deidara actually survived that explosion, then we can say we have a new 'immortal' in akatsuki... He would be in pretty bad shape either... remember the dragon exploded too(we didnt see it, but its quite obvious, huh?) and it was C2.

I believe the fight is over. Its too bad we didnt see deidara use C3, but his C2 was already very creative and effective

D00m46
June 15, 2007, 04:16 PM
My prediction: Tobi uses his MS to teleport Deideira-senpai safely out of there OR Deidei rips of his arms again and maybe we'll get an explanation how he magically regrowed his arm that was crushed by Gaara

When has the MS ever been used for teleportation? From what I gather, there's only Tsukuyomi, the genjutsu-type move that Itachi got Kakashi with, the 'sun god' move that produces those black flames (the move Itachi used to escape from the frog's stomach during the 'find Tsunade' arc), and a theoretical third move that has something to do with wind... or sneezing.

I know there's the move Kakashi used on Deidara to sever his arm in the first arc of part 2, but that wasn't the real MS. I don't recall that situation all too clearly, but if there was teleporting involved, I beleive it was said that it was teleported to another demension. Even so, If Tobi is Obito, then he wouldn't have the 'kaliedescope sharingan' that Kakashi has, but a real MS, since he's an Uchiha and, thusly, has the proper body to use the MS, unlike Kakashi.

Mendes
June 15, 2007, 04:22 PM
Sasuke didn't lose a wing as strategy. He lost a wing to save his own life. Why would he purposely take away his ability to fly? So he could look cool jumping off a sword? yea, that makes sense =\

Anyway, I'm convinced that Sasuke would be dead right now if Tobi and Deidara didn't explain to him about the trap they set. If Sasuke didn't know about the trap and mines, there would be Uchiha bits everywhere.

Is was strategy. He made his opponent think he was unable to reach his height, and the smoke of the explosion allowed him to summon and throw 2 shurikens. Also, I think he gave up on the wings too easily. He probably can make the wing anew in no time, as he's also concerned about another enemy. He wouldnt give up of the wing that easily unless he was sure the battle was over
[hr]

When has the MS ever been used for teleportation? From what I gather, there's only Tsukuyomi, the genjutsu-type move that Itachi got Kakashi with, the 'sun god' move that produces those black flames (the move Itachi used to escape from the frog's stomach during the 'find Tsunade' arc), and a theoretical third move that has something to do with wind... or sneezing.

I know there's the move Kakashi used on Deidara to sever his arm in the first arc of part 2, but that wasn't the real MS. I don't recall that situation all too clearly, but if there was teleporting involved, I beleive it was said that it was teleported to another demension. Even so, If Tobi is Obito, then he wouldn't have the 'kaliedescope sharingan' that Kakashi has, but a real MS, since he's an Uchiha and, thusly, has the proper body to use the MS, unlike Kakashi.

The moon is the genjutsu, correct, but the sun is a teleportation move unless I'm severely wrong. Its not kakashi's MS that is different, Itachi used the same thing to teleport the frog stomach wall to another place/dimension. The Sun leaves behind those black flames, that's all. Still, lets leave the theory Obito=Tobi out of this pls... I'm getting tired of people making it a consumed fact, when its nothing but a theory that will most likely be tossed away as soon as we know more about Tobi

PredatorNar
June 15, 2007, 04:27 PM
Is was strategy. He made his opponent think he was unable to reach his height, and the smoke of the explosion allowed him to summon and throw 2 shurikens. Also, I think he gave up on the wings too easily. He probably can make the wing anew in no time, as he's also concerned about another enemy. He wouldnt give up of the wing that easily unless he was sure the battle was over

On the contrary, he didn't fool Deidara. Deidara was around the same height when Sasuke first tried to hit him with the Chidori Sword (and this was before Deidara knew Sasuke could fly). The losing the wing didn't trick him, but Deidara didn't foresee what Sasuke would do with the sword.

As I said, the loss of the wing was a way to save his own life, not strategy. He could run around to dodge the oncoming guided bird because of the land mines so he had to use the only shield he had available at the time.
[hr]

The moon is the genjutsu, correct, but the sun is a teleportation move unless I'm severely wrong. Its not kakashi's MS that is different, Itachi used the same thing to teleport the frog stomach wall to another place/dimension. The Sun leaves behind those black flames, that's all. Still, lets leave the theory Obito=Tobi out of this pls... I'm getting tired of people making it a consumed fact, when its nothing but a theory that will most likely be tossed away as soon as we know more about Tobi

The sun move is just a very strong fire ninjutsu move. He didn't teleport the frog's stomach anywhere. I don't know where you got that crazy idea from. He burned through the stomach if that wasn't painfully obvious.

Also, relax on bashing the Obito=Tobi theories. The theory is quite strong but I don't argue it here anymore because people will be skeptics no matter what, so I rather wait until the truth is revealed in the manga. But you shouldn't jumped down people's throat everytime the theory is mentioned.

manufn619
June 15, 2007, 04:37 PM
sasuke
your wing!!!

kill deidaraand his c2 dragon of clay
not tobi

D00m46
June 15, 2007, 04:49 PM
<hr noshade size="1">

Still, lets leave the theory Obito=Tobi out of this pls... I'm getting tired of people making it a consumed fact, when its nothing but a theory that will most likely be tossed away as soon as we know more about Tobi

Agreed. Tobi=Obito is a VERY annoying topic these days. I, personally, like Tobi as Tobi, just because he's Tobi and NOT Obito. He adds a bit of humor to the dark story that is so perfectly subtle that it doesn't take away from the drama of the situation or make the plot seem less dark even in the slightest bit. Everything he does has humor to it.

...Anyway, back on topic.

I agree that Sasuke's strategy seems rather unwise considering his predicament. Meaning, yes, he is confident in himself to end the fight. But still, Sasuke has that little bit of arrogance that he'll never be able to get rid of. He has a history of underestimating his opponents and overestimating his power over them (or lack there of).

Even now, fighting two Akatsuki members, both wanted S-class nin, he clearly either underestimates their powers and is performing wastefull tactics that can screw him over later on (as I'm sure it takes quite a bit of chakara for him to go CS2, back to normal, and then to CS2 again, not to mention having to regenerate that wing/hand), or he's really in trouble come the point where Tobi really starts pulling his weight in this fight.

I honestly think Sasuke's gotten a little overconfident since his fight with Oro. I mean, taking down one old, sickly Sannin is one thing, but taking on TWO S-class nin, in perfect health and at their prime is COMPLETELY different.

In the immortal words of Han Solo, "Don't get cocky, kid!"

hamstar
June 15, 2007, 04:52 PM
yes sasuke need to be put in his place very soon

Face Cannon
June 15, 2007, 04:55 PM
I really don't think he intentionally planned having his wing destroyed. He's not so great as to only ever get hurt or injured when he allows his enemies to do so. He really just lost that wing because the enemy was overwhelming him. And now Deidara's going to go out with a bang.

piscesking
June 15, 2007, 05:02 PM
well it didnts say grand finale, its THE END OF THE ARTIST ^_^

Uchiha Slayer
June 15, 2007, 05:39 PM
deidara or tobi is going to die...We might see ?THAT JUTSU ?

sKaR
June 15, 2007, 05:51 PM
u just knew at the beginning of this fight that deidara was gonna die.It has been that way for the akatsuki all the time.They r but stepping stones to portray the the more new n improved n very much more powerful btw cast of konoha nins.V saw the so called "growth of sakura"in the sasori fight.V saw how much that planning n strategy making of shikamaru had improved against hidan.N as usual just the sheer magnitude of chakra from naruto was enough to deliver sum heavyduty move to totally annihalate kakuza cellularly.so i am gonna predict the death of deidara n may b tobi might b killd to-altho i dont think sasuke will have it to fight 1 more akatsuki right after(altho im hoping he will give him a dose of the sharingan or sumthin-get in tobis head n mess with him a little--that tobi is such a pant-wetter)

PredatorNar
June 15, 2007, 06:13 PM
u just knew at the beginning of this fight that deidara was gonna die.It has been that way for the akatsuki all the time.They r but stepping stones to portray the the more new n improved n very much more powerful btw cast of konoha nins.V saw the so called "growth of sakura"in the sasori fight.V saw how much that planning n strategy making of shikamaru had improved against hidan.N as usual just the sheer magnitude of chakra from naruto was enough to deliver sum heavyduty move to totally annihalate kakuza cellularly.so i am gonna predict the death of deidara n may b tobi might b killd to-altho i dont think sasuke will have it to fight 1 more akatsuki right after(altho im hoping he will give him a dose of the sharingan or sumthin-get in tobis head n mess with him a little--that tobi is such a pant-wetter)

You know, no offense, but fanboys like you take the fun out of this prediction thread. I usually look forward to hearing everyone's input, but you fanboys just kill the ambience here. Why in God's name would you automatically assume Sasuke could defeat Tobi. See, saying Tobi could beat Sasuke is a guess but it's more believable because Tobi is supposed to be at a superior level to ninjas like Kakashi or w.e and the most Sasuke did was kill an old man in bed.

Also the same people who keep saying that Itachi is most likely the 2nd strongest in Akatsuki and that's without knowing the powers of Tobi and Zetsu and not even know who the blue-haired person is. That's a sign of being an extreme fanatic.

Anyway, the patterns you are saying don't usually work out. And can we stop saying Sakura beat Sasori. Look, Chiyo was the major factor there and Sasori LET himself die. Don't compare that situation to Naruto and Shikamaru's wins because they won on proper strategy and skills.

Now onto my real question: Is it possible that Deidara is, to some extent, made of clay? Remember both his arms got knocked off right and he never got back the one he lost to Gaara. He may have found the one Kakashi blew off. Anyway, I am asking because his arm now does look like something that was molded or something and how did he exactly get back his arms with the mouths on it? Maybe he regrew them with the help of his clay? I mean it seems like he's very versatile with his clay so I'm just wondering.

You know, no offense, but fanboys like you take the fun out of this prediction thread. I usually look forward to hearing everyone's input, but you fanboys just kill the ambience here. Why in God's name would you automatically assume Sasuke could defeat Tobi. See, saying Tobi could beat Sasuke is a guess but it's more believable because Tobi is supposed to be at a superior level to ninjas like Kakashi or w.e and the most Sasuke did was kill an old man in bed.

Also the same people who keep saying that Itachi is most likely the 2nd strongest in Akatsuki and that's without knowing the powers of Tobi and Zetsu and not even know who the blue-haired person is. That's a sign of being an extreme fanatic.

Anyway, the patterns you are saying don't usually work out. And can we stop saying Sakura beat Sasori. Look, Chiyo was the major factor there and Sasori LET himself die. Don't compare that situation to Naruto and Shikamaru's wins because they won on proper strategy and skills.

Now onto my real question: Is it possible that Deidara is, to some extent, made of clay? Remember both his arms got knocked off right and he never got back the one he lost to Gaara. He may have found the one Kakashi blew off. Anyway, I am asking because his arm now does look like something that was molded or something and how did he exactly get back his arms with the mouths on it? Maybe he regrew them with the help of his clay? I mean it seems like he's very versatile with his clay so I'm just wondering.

Damn, you're my new best friend on this Board.. Dude you just said what i've been saying all this time..

Edited: I think Diedara going to die and sasuke going to be wounded pretty badly... Tobi going to take Deidara body with him to zetsu..

But if Sasuke goes after Tobi he'll see that Tobi is not someone easy to mess with..

I think Kakashi might be the first to come to the scene and see sasuke... They going to take him to the leaf for medical help or Karin going to heal him if she got that training..

But next week going to be much more excited to watch..

Mendes
June 15, 2007, 06:45 PM
The sun move is just a very strong fire ninjutsu move. He didn't teleport the frog's stomach anywhere. I don't know where you got that crazy idea from. He burned through the stomach if that wasn't painfully obvious.

I got that idea from the way kakashi used it against deidara. His MS isnt any different, and I'm almost sure it was Sun. Also, when Itachi used the Sun to get rid of the frog stomach wall, Jiraya couldnt believe it, since the frog's stomach was made to resist extremely powerful fire, so I'd say the move isnt just a very strong fire jutsu.

Also, relax on bashing the Obito=Tobi theories. The theory is quite strong but I don't argue it here anymore because people will be skeptics no matter what, so I rather wait until the truth is revealed in the manga. But you shouldn't jumped down people's throat everytime the theory is mentioned.

I'm sorry if I got to far with it, its just that I'm tired of hearing people stating that theory as a fact. Its a valuable theory, but there's already a thread for it. It would be nice if people remembered that. I dont mind catching some theories around... but this theory seems to be all over the place right now... and I dont think I'm the only one tired of it

Juggernaut
June 15, 2007, 07:31 PM
I feel safe saying this fight is not over by a long shot. I mean remember how "over" the fight was when Kakashi punched through Kakuza's chest? Or how "over" the fight was when Asuma cut off Hidan's head? Yeah those all went real well after that. So, I'm thinking this fight will continue for a few more chapters bringing in some secret moves and abilities and bringing some more people into the fight to create a more interesting dynamic. I mean how would sasuke feel being saved by Naruto... again lol... I mean his reason for leaving was he felt weak and wanted to get stronger. How much of an ass would he feel like if he is getting beat and Naruto rolls in and opens up the ultimate can of whoop ass.. Or Sakura? I think that one would be even better... ha

Issamu
June 15, 2007, 07:55 PM
Many of you are asking how did Deidara recover his arms.....
correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't his arms repaired by kakuzu??

Prediction:
"The artists grand finale", seems pretty much like its his last piece of art.

cygnus
June 15, 2007, 08:47 PM
I'm betting Tobi saved Deidara somehow....there's no way he would just die like that...

Sky9
June 15, 2007, 09:03 PM
That seems to be Deidara trademark..just when you think he's done for he lives to
see another day. I've already played myself counting him out during the Gaara rescue arc
and he lived, so i'm not that convinced he's done for, especially with Tobi around. Sasuke
did what i expected..but still against bombs?! It is an AK member so...but that just showed
me that his CS2 is not impenatrable..and he can get hurt. Still he's very talented pullin'
that stunt with his sword..and I don't know where those big shrukens came from..(i'll wait til a better version comes out) plus the translation would help me out too..got a raw version. The chapt. was awesome, Deidara is wild..he was kinda pwning Sasuke IMO.
I can't predict too much about Deidara since I was soo wrong(pwned!!) the last time I did..
but that battle should cease and the focus of another would be welcomed.
Later

aziboxe
June 15, 2007, 09:30 PM
if an artists doomed to die... i vote deidara (he's the one that calls his jutsu an art... er.. as opposed to tobis... err...).

: (... but i really liked deidara.... =\ oh well...

MadDog
June 15, 2007, 09:48 PM
Sasuke will definetly be hurting from getting one his wings cooked.

But he's proven himself to be intelligent, and I think that probably carries over to his roster for Team Hebi.

My prediction is that we'll find out that Karin is medical ninja (probably on par with Sakura) and she'll help Sasuke heal up once this battle is over.

She was involved in Orochimaru's experiments, so a possible medical-nin angle is not out of the question.

Also, at least one of the Konoha ninjas MUST at least aknowledge that massive explosions going on in their neck of the woods in the next chapter.

kadodo
June 15, 2007, 09:51 PM
Unlikle this chapter, I don;t think that chapter 359 will be all about Sasuke and Deidara. I don't know whom we will see but i think we will see at least one person from Team Hebi. I never actually thought of Karin being a medical ninja but you might be right, she could be one.

MadDog
June 15, 2007, 10:01 PM
Unlikle this chapter, I don;t think that chapter 359 will be all about Sasuke and Deidara. I don't know whom we will see but i think we will see at least one person from Team Hebi. I never actually thought of Karin being a medical ninja but you might be right, she could be one.

He does have a four-man squad, and coming from Konoha, it may have seemd like a natural idea to throw a medical-nin in the mix. Especially since they know they'll be in for some rough fights.

cinamax
June 15, 2007, 10:13 PM
Hello, some predictions.

Deidara cut off his two arms so he could escape from the explosion with some help from Tobi. Sasuke says its over for you. Deidara responds not so fast and uses his mouth to form a C3 jutsu. Remember he used only his mouth to form that bunshin which did a super galactic explosion. Gai and Kakashi would have been done for by that explosion had Kakashi not used his MS to supress it.

So, Deidara goes C3 his last straw with two arms gone. Tobi flashes some jutsu to restrict Sasuke's movements and then the bomb explodes. Sasuke will end up winning somehow maybe his teammate shows up to save him while he kills Deidara.

lol

MadDog
June 15, 2007, 10:32 PM
Hello, some predictions.

Deidara cut off his two arms so he could escape from the explosion with some help from Tobi. Sasuke says its over for you. Deidara responds not so fast and uses his mouth to form a C3 jutsu. Remember he used only his mouth to form that bunshin which did a super galactic explosion. Gai and Kakashi would have been done for by that explosion had Kakashi not used his MS to supress it.

So, Deidara goes C3 his last straw with two arms gone. Tobi flashes some jutsu to restrict Sasuke's movements and then the bomb explodes. Sasuke will end up winning somehow maybe his teammate shows up to save him while he kills Deidara.

lol

I like the prediction. He may even be able to escape by ripping his own arms off, since at least one was attached by kakuzu string. But, I agree that this fight is definetly not over yet.

Mendes
June 15, 2007, 10:55 PM
I like the prediction. He may even be able to escape by ripping his own arms off, since at least one was attached by kakuzu string. But, I agree that this fight is definetly not over yet.

Well, if deidara survives that, then he's labeled as another immortal I guess. Akatsuki is full of them... lol maybe Itachi ends up being immortal too :P
For real now, Deidara survived that explosion he made with his own body against naruto and kakashi... now if he survives all those mines(they were about 100 mines) exploding along with his C2 dragon... well, the immortal title is granted. I dont think Tobi saved him, coz the mines actually exploded. What is needed to kill that guy then?

godofthesunn
June 15, 2007, 11:10 PM
Well.. I dunno the last chapter was definitely interesting.. For the majority of it I had a hard time following what was going on because one minute i see some shuriken on one page and then wait deidra is hit with 2 more shuriken.. no summoning scroll or nothing.. I was just like what's going on...

Well for what I did see. I came to a couple conculsions of my own.. I watched a battle where sasuke basically got his ass handed to him...

1. Had to use the cursed seal to fly
2. Had one of his wings destroyed.. DESTROYED!!!!
3. After pinning deidra to the bird.. he still is goona fall on some bombs
4. Deidra didn't die.

Now I was kinda hyped at the beggening of this fight but then after sadly realizing that sasuke isnt as great as i had hoped... not a long range fighter at all.. and worse he cant cope without going cs2.. I know thats going to screw hime over one of these days.. After you go cs2 usually the user get super weak.. As we saw in the sasuke rescue arc.

So with in mind... If deidra survies... which he will then sasuke is bascially going to get even more beat down... until his backup comes... but what good are they when their LEADER IS DOWN HUH!!!!!

I'm sorry to be so harsh but its just that i'm let down here...I would prefer to see sasuke use a better array of techniques than just cs2.. and lignthing shape manipulation... He obviously can use genjutsu... if he would have you know locked deidra in a genjutsu early then useed litghting to cut him.. thats fine... THE POINT I'M REALY TYING TO MAKE HERE IS THAT THE GUY RELIES ON ALL OF THE WRONG TECHIQUES.. he's actully like naruto before he leanred to use his clones to gain experience...

Deidra lives.. tobi owns sasuke 359...suigetus arrives

MadDog
June 15, 2007, 11:10 PM
Well, if deidara survives that, then he's labeled as another immortal I guess. Akatsuki is full of them... lol maybe Itachi ends up being immortal too :P
For real now, Deidara survived that explosion he made with his own body against naruto and kakashi... now if he survives all those mines(they were about 100 mines) exploding along with his C2 dragon... well, the immortal title is granted. I dont think Tobi saved him, coz the mines actually exploded. What is needed to kill that guy then?

We'll, I guess the argument could be made that if you live by the "explosion", you'll probably die by the explosion. But, I don't think he'll go out that way.

So far, the Akatsuki members we've seen killed have died as a result of being stabbed, either with sharp objects or with a sharp jutsu. I'm guessing that we'll see Sasuke use his sword to finish off Deidara (after he makes some sort of last ditch effort).

Saifi
June 16, 2007, 12:00 AM
u know fanboys like mendez (yes i am singling you out) make me want to bash sauske , but ill controll myself , and give the kid a break he did turn the tide. good job sauske !

but what i wanna ask you Mr SauskeistheGod is that if the explosion will kill deidara (who has a record of surviving them)and if he survives he is another "immortal" then how do u argue sauske who deidera said was right under him would avoid the explosion ? or does his super cs2+sharingan abilities make him "immortal" too? or maybe he can glide out with 1 wing when he wasnt even that high in the air !(the freaking chidori sword reached the dragon) but deidara cannot glide out or jump of a dragon which was much higher with what ? u guessed 1 wing , same as the uciha wonderboy !

and Pred has asked this q several times but ...noone seems to respose , i wonder why ???
and how on earth can u say sauske is gonna own tobi-obito (its a valid theory, no more annoying than sauske fanboys) i mean the guy is a kool cat who hasnt even broken a sweat yet!) i mean seriously what gives ???

edit: i forgot to predict

sauske loses his secong wing defending the huge a blast getting majorly owned , and then reverts to his origional form ! deidara survives but is also hurt and in bad shape ! but sauske is now gonna attack deidara by using his sword , he flash steps to where deidara is but deidara shows his C3 bomb that he made while the dust settled trying to pull another kamakazi ! huge explosion ...chapter ends with a "who is no more who will be victorious?" type line.(which due to plot no jutsu = sauske) the victor that is

yemsta
June 16, 2007, 02:05 AM
but doesn't deidara have to explode his bombs before they detonate even though these are mines i still think deidara has a good position here. His arms seem to be a part of him that are invulnerable or even better despensable he never seems to mind whether they are blown off or not. Therefore I think his arms are made out of clay and as someone said before we will see an explanation as to how he grew his arm back after garra crushed it.

Sasuke will give a speech about how deidara's weakness was his arms and some othe philosophical stuff and then deidara is going to use his ultimate technique. which will injur fataly injure sasuke. Then before the final blow kakashi, naruto or sakura and some other konoha's will arrive and deidara and tobi will flee.

Gio
June 16, 2007, 03:24 AM
What i would like to happen next: Sasuke takes some damage from the explosion as well, Deidara is still aliv, so Deidara and Sasuke start fighting again, Deidara having the upper hand and Sasuke defending well, at some point Deidera uses his Specialty or the Self destruct thing, the explosion is going to kill Sasuke, as well as erasing the point from the planet, the explosion is swallowed though and kakashi appears with mangekyou, Sasuke sees Kakashi's Mangekyou, and hopefully pass out, Kakashi uses Mangekyou on Deidara and this time it doesn't miss, Deidara dies, Tobi is about to get serious and finally show what he has, fight a little with kakashi, then back up for konoha comes, and Tobi is forced to flee.

What i think will happen: Deidara is alive, and uses his specialty o the self destruct thing, Sasuke somehow manage to keep alive (he'll loss at least the other wing), plus Sasuke seems to have taken his sword in the confusion of the explosion, and then cuts Deidara's head, after that hopefully, Sasuke will fall in the ground and will medic attendance, or else he can't move, that's when Sakura appears and heals him, Karin arrives in the scenes, and fan girls fight begin,..

Face Cannon
June 16, 2007, 03:43 AM
My prediction for next chapter:

We see Deidara's best moves saved for last. He won't die next chapter, since there won't be enough time, I don't think. As for Tobi, we probably won't get to see much from him next chapter, either, unfortunately. We'll just see Deidara's great move put Sasuke in a bad spot. It'll probably cut to Naruto opening the book, showing him look shocked or something, or he'll read something shocking, and then it'll cut back to Sasuke existing and then the chapter will end, and I'll feel jipped.

PredatorNar
June 16, 2007, 06:44 AM
Well, Sasuke is definitely getting saved by somebody otherwise he's gonna fry.

Anyway, I hope Tobi doesn't flee. I hope he is more like Hidan and Kakuzu. One of the reasons I liked Hidan and Kakuzu was because no matter how much reinforcements came, neither of them backed down. Remember when reinforcements came for Asuma's team? Both were ready to go on a killing spree until the Akatsuki Leader called them back. I hope Tobi is the same way.

One thing I wanted to know, how did Deidara make a clone (when he was fleeing Naruto and Kakashi) when both his arms were gone? Doesn't clone-making require hand seals?

SOCKSnTHONGS
June 16, 2007, 07:19 AM
deidara cant die yet. its obvious because it would be completely pointless if he died now and wouldn't actually prove anything. he still has to fight naruto's gang and if he died now it would mean tobi would either fight sasuke or run and i don't think that kishi is going to show tobi's abilities for some time to come
[hr]
Also another thing i don't get is if the land mines were Deidara's bombs wouldn't he have to say 'katsu' or somehting before they go bang? And how did the shuriken duplicate itself.
PREDICTION: the next chapter probably won't focus that much on any other characters other than Tobi/ Deidara/ Sasuke although kishi might finally get Naruto to open that stupid book.

Navri
June 16, 2007, 07:26 AM
I think Kakashi will show up next week since he's the only one from team Kakashi to not have his reunion with Saskue (as brief as it may've been or will be) and deliver the finishing blow to Deidara.

I say this because if the Tobi-Obito Theory is correct, then it's a perfect way to introduce possibly the Mangekyou Sharingan to Sasuke, who's reaction will be interesting to see considering he KNOWS the requisites of the technique, and a super-special-awesome way of ending the chapter with a Obito reveal!

PredatorNar
June 16, 2007, 08:42 AM
Also another thing i don't get is if the land mines were Deidara's bombs wouldn't he have to say 'katsu' or somehting before they go bang? And how did the shuriken duplicate itself.
PREDICTION: the next chapter probably won't focus that much on any other characters other than Tobi/ Deidara/ Sasuke although kishi might finally get Naruto to open that stupid book.

I think the mines are like regular mines. You step on them and they blow. Think about it. Tobi planted the bombs underground so Deidara doesn't exactly know where they are so he won't know when to say "katsu."

About the Shuriken thing. I had a sudden flashback to the Zabuza fight where Sasuke and Naruto threw a shuriken and had a 2nd one hidden in the 1st shuriken's shadow. Maybe this was similar?
[hr]
Also, does anyone else agree that if Tobi and Deidara didn't unnecessarily give Sasuke the heads up about the mines that Sasuke wouldn't be alive right now? If Sasuke didn't know, something like this would happen:

Sasuke: Hmmm
*Steps* *BOOM* *Uchiha pieces fall everywhere*

Anyway, how come Tobi isn't doing anything? I mean Tobi knows where the mines are so he knows where to step. I would have love to see Tobi intercept Sasuke right before Sasuke could reach Deidara's bird, then throw Sasuke to the ground forcefully into a mine. Sadly, Tobi doesn't know when to stop f***ing around so he's just standing there acting silly =\

ANBU4U
June 16, 2007, 09:04 AM
What? No way is he like Shika. Yes he has a brain and can think up stuff quickly when he needs to but so can everyone even Naruto. Pretime skip Shika thought of a plan before attacking and even though he came up short stamina wise both times he is still the man. Sasuke is no Shika. Anyway why has no one come to see what all the noise is about? I predict that people will start to show up at the battle ground over the next couple of chapters. (Duh)

Literally, they've done the same stuff. Compare this battle to Shika vrs. Temari. Exact same principle:

1: Have opponent measure your range
2: Weather an attack
3: Use said attack as a distraction to both a) maneuver your opponent to where you need, and b) set something into motion that will extend your range.
4: While they're shocked about the new range, maneuver them yet again so they are in the crossfire of another even more unexpected attack.

Its seriously like....the same fight, with Shika's Shadow jutsu, and Sasuke new chidori manipulation playing suspiciously similar roles. Sometimes I wonder if Kishi's run out of ideas.

And honestly......that was about shikamaru's most impressive fight IMO. The Hidan thing was rather "duh" in my opinion, he showed some of the best footwork in the series thus far, don't get me wrong. But nothing about his plan really struck me as 'genius'. Well thought out, clever, but nothing 'genius'. Take that as you wish.
[hr]

Well, the side-text says "The artist's grand finale" so I'm pretty sure he won't be killed off quite yet.

Interesting interpretation.
[hr]

Sidenote to Sasuke fans: See what overrating Sasuke gives you? Yes, Sasuke did do an impressive move with the sword and jumping, but he was getting his butt whooped by what? Deidara's "lame bombs."

He's hit him....once. And he may well have returned the favor with a double amputation and KO less than 3mins later. How does that qualify as getting your ass whooped?

He seemed more annoyed the whole fight because Deidara fought at such a long range than he was ever worried about his arse. In fact wasn't that a line? "this is gonna be a pain." or something like that. Its like some annoying kid throwing water balloons at you from the roof....like you wanna kick his ass, but you need to figure out how to get on the roof first. Beatin shit out of him isn't really an issue....it just getting to him is really annoying. Thats the image i get from this fight, Sasuke looking up at some brat throwing shit from a roof thinking about how he's gonna break his arms immediately when he finally gets up there.
[hr]

<shrugs> at least he's right over Diedara, so he knows those bombs have gone off...ish. He'll summon something. OR regrow that wing, givin Juugo's abilities that seems plausible.

Mendes
June 16, 2007, 09:05 AM
u know fanboys like mendez (yes i am singling you out) make me want to bash sauske , but ill controll myself , and give the kid a break he did turn the tide. good job sauske !

but what i wanna ask you Mr SauskeistheGod is that if the explosion will kill deidara (who has a record of surviving them)and if he survives he is another "immortal" then how do u argue sauske who deidera said was right under him would avoid the explosion ? or does his super cs2+sharingan abilities make him "immortal" too? or maybe he can glide out with 1 wing when he wasnt even that high in the air !(the freaking chidori sword reached the dragon) but deidara cannot glide out or jump of a dragon which was much higher with what ? u guessed 1 wing , same as the uciha wonderboy !

and Pred has asked this q several times but ...noone seems to respose , i wonder why ???
and how on earth can u say sauske is gonna own tobi-obito (its a valid theory, no more annoying than sauske fanboys) i mean the guy is a kool cat who hasnt even broken a sweat yet!) i mean seriously what gives ???

Deidara was pierced by two shurikens, he couldnt move at all. He fell into the ground covered with hundereds of mines that exploded along with a C2 dragon that was tied to him by those shurikens. If he actually survived that, he's got to be immortal dont you think?
Its different than blocking 1 clay bomb with that shield wing like Sasuke did.

And its true I like Sasuke over Naruto as a character and its coz fights like this that I like his fighting style the best. This was no doubt an appealing match with lots of strategy in both sides. Naruto in the same situation would just use KB as always and do the same thing he always do, but in a slightly different way. Its not that Sasuke is my favorite character, but his fights are definitively enjoyable.

I dont know what power does Tobi has, but my point is that it would make sense that after this part, both Hebi and Konoha know near the same info on akatsuki and specially Itachi. If konoha has that black book kabuto gave them, it would make sense Hebi got valuable info too. and the best way would be to interrogate one of those akatsuki fighting sasuke. Also, Tobi acts like a kid, as someone mentioned earlier. The way he said loudly he had just planted the mines was incredibly stupid. I really wonder if hes really dumb, despite being strong.

That Obito=Tobi is indeed a valid theory, but so many people speak of it as a consumed fact it actually gets annoying. The mods have even started deleting any post that just mentions this theory in the predictions and chapter discussion threads and I have to agree with them. There's already a long thread on that in the Tokoshan

ANBU4U
June 16, 2007, 09:09 AM

He may well have actually, he needed an excuse to get all shaken up and toss his sword, he probably knew he wouldn't have time to take off with Deidara already on the high ground. I imagine it can grow back relatively easily so he just sacrificed it for the sake of an excuse.

Still I'll admit telling him about the bombs was moronic.

Tyler955
June 16, 2007, 09:15 AM
You know what would be awesome this next chapter? Sasuke dying. Yeh just him being asploded while the real Deidara LHAO at the fact Sasuke just killed himself over a Kage Bunshin...Dreamers will be Dreamers. Anyway, this fight ain't over like everyone been saying. And why does everyone like Sasuke? I mean if you have no good reason then basically that makes you as cool as a 12-15 year old Japanese girl.

Seranel N'Ryt
June 16, 2007, 09:23 AM
i think Tobi will rescue Deidara
if Tobi's ability(jutsu) can rescue someone, Dei-chan is not harm but Sasuke will have wound seriously

so Kakashi or onether Konoha nin will help Sasuke

i believe Tobi=Obito. it's definate. so Kakashi will come. or Karin-san and Sakura-chan arrive sametime!! >_< and they will be fight each other... hehe

ANBU4U
June 16, 2007, 09:31 AM

Because it's not worth answering, there are so many possibilities its pointless, for all we know that wing regrows...which isn't actually that hard to picture seeing as how it grows out of nowhere in the first place. Hell there are still a half dozen ways diedara's dumb ass could avoid that explosion...and He's pinned down. Just wait and see, then come rave about how he's overpowered.

As for the sweat, he ain't hot yet.
[hr]

You know what would be awesome this next chapter? Sasuke dying. Yeh just him being asploded while the real Deidara LHAO at the fact Sasuke just killed himself over a Kage Bunshin...Dreamers will be Dreamers. Anyway, this fight ain't over like everyone been saying. And why does everyone like Sasuke? I mean if you have no good reason then basically that makes you as cool as a 12-15 year old Japanese girl.

Whats wrong with him? I like his back story. Sympathize with his goals, and find him an overall enjoyable character. And when all that fails, he's just fun to watch.

At first i think deidara Died, But i actually think he's still alive.. the shocking thing is for sasuke to die. damn!.. Plus it would be funny to see kakashi saving sasuke arse with is MS and killing Deidara...

Next chapter someone going to die for sure.. AK,Sasuke or someone from Hebi..

yodakage
June 16, 2007, 10:05 AM
I think Deidara will die in this fight. If we look at the past fights with the akatsuki members, there is a pattern in winning and losing. Sasori won against Kankuro, and lost to Sakura. The zombie twin "won" the first fight with Azuma, and lost to Shika and Naruto. Deidara won against Gaara, survived the MS from Kakashi, and now is facing Sasuke. He's died for sure.

Non-Life
June 16, 2007, 10:18 AM
The end of chapter 358 says "the artist breathes his last breath" or something, meaning Deidara will die die since his artwork is the only one shown (not Tobi). Now the question going through everyone's head is what will happen to Tobi who will be alone if Deidara dies. My guess is his true character will show, like Vegeta and Nappa. Deidara will be all "help me fool!" while Tobi just stands there before giving the final blow.

kit99bar
June 16, 2007, 10:21 AM
Deidara will die because we've seen so much of him. Tobi has not been shown at all so he lives. Sasuke obvious is a main char so he lives.

Donnie_D
June 16, 2007, 10:27 AM
I think we'll see some fighting from Tobi next chapter. One thing to note: Notice how he put the mines in the ground for Deidara? Remember how that slash from Sasuke went through him? I think maybe his ability is to phase through things (didn't it look like he was in the ground when he was telling Deidara that he had planted the mines?).

So I think we'll see Tobi doing some phasing.

Diceman5000
June 16, 2007, 10:40 AM
Literally, they've done the same stuff. Compare this battle to Shika vrs. Temari. Exact same principle:

1: Have opponent measure your range
2: Weather an attack
3: Use said attack as a distraction to both a) maneuver your opponent to where you need, and b) set something into motion that will extend your range.
4: While they're shocked about the new range, maneuver them yet again so they are in the crossfire of another even more unexpected attack.

Its seriously like....the same fight, with Shika's Shadow jutsu, and Sasuke new chidori manipulation playing suspiciously similar roles. Sometimes I wonder if Kishi's run out of ideas.

And honestly......that was about shikamaru's most impressive fight IMO. The Hidan thing was rather "duh" in my opinion, he showed some of the best footwork in the series thus far, don't get me wrong. But nothing about his plan really struck me as 'genius'. Well thought out, clever, but nothing 'genius'. Take that as you wish.

There is one major difference between the two fights. Sasuke got pwned! It was not part of his plan to get a wing blown off, it just happened and Sasuke did everything he could think of (he did think quickly I will give you that) to return the favor. Shika on the other hand had almost the whole Temari fight planned right after it started. Sasuke was just slashing around and only attacked Deidara first because Tobi disappeared. That “duh” in my previous post was directed to my prediction because it was obvious; it was not directed at you. (Just wanted to make that clear)

heiky0711
June 16, 2007, 11:04 AM
This is my personal opinion on what to expect for the next chapter:

Deidara will somehow survive from the explosion because he might managed to mold his clays to protect from the mines itself.

We might see Deidara's trump card for the finale and Sasuke's as well. Both seems to ran out of chakra.

Though i'm still not sure about Tobi, he's a mysterious Akatsuki member so we'll have to wait and see.

I'm just curious which village is Deidara from ? I saw his headband, any idea where his from?

Nafycuk
June 16, 2007, 11:20 AM
Sasuke obvious is a main char so he lives.

Yeah, let's rename it in Sasuke, no Naruto.

Hard to admit, but it's the end for Deidara (((
Kishi is the very first Sasuke fanboy, that's why it's the end for Deidara... ((

Gold Knight
June 16, 2007, 11:36 AM
Enough with the "fanboy accusations." I've read the first four pages. Keep your annoyance with other members to yourself and keep the predictions peaceful, please. Don't take any posts so personally.

Also, while I am not a big advocate of Tobi=Obito theory, it is understandable that it would be mentioned here since I am sure many readers are anticipating more to be revealed about Tobi and his origins any chapter now. So please don't take that so personally either.

But I would like to see more fresh ideas about what will happen next. It's okay if you want to say your opinion on if certain theories will come true or not, but at least explain yourself on why you believe it to happen soon. Don't just automatically assume anything. You know what happens if you assume.

heiky0711, Deidara is from the Village of Rock in Earth Country.

Nafycuk - Kishimoto is actually not a "Sasuke fanboy" and in fact imagines himself to be more like Naruto. He is more proud of Sasuke's design than anything else, and has found it to be an interesting challenge, but that's about it. I do think that he purposefully placed Sasuke as Deidara's opponent, though, as Sasuke WAS the most popular Naruto character in Japan as of the last popularity poll, and Deidara was no. 3. That tells me that Kishimoto felt that he HAD to have Sasuke face off against Deidara (and defeat him) just to appease his fans. I hope that's not the case, though, because it would prove that Kishimoto is more or less letting his fans determine the plot for him. But for that reason I wouldn't be surprised if Deidara went down here, no.

CheckMate
June 16, 2007, 12:04 PM
Neither of them will be dying. Believe me, Deidara still has a lot in his sleeves (even his arms/hands are attached to that stupid-looking not-real big dragon).

I predict the Hebis and Konahas will gather altogether at the same time..oh well almost at the smae time.
I agree with some posters who say that Sasuke's ass will be saved sooner or later.. by whom, that's the quEastion. But uh-oh.. don't tell me by his older brother.

I believe Kishi will not make some lame story development by provide us the battle in just one chapter.

We are really hungry for blood. :)

Juggernaut
June 16, 2007, 01:28 PM
You know I could really see Itachi showing up at some point to save sasukes butt. I mean look at their past history. He didn't kill him when he already apparently killed every other Uchia including his own parents. Then he also sparred him when they met again in that hotel when Naruto was there. I think its definetly possible Itachi has a soft spot for Sasuke and wants him to live. I'm thinking the Darth Vader syndrome. At some point his love for his brother will over power his loyalty to Akatsuki and he will step in to help him out. I think it would make for a REALLY interesting dynamic in the story.

ANBU4U
June 16, 2007, 02:04 PM
There is one major difference between the two fights. Sasuke got pwned!

When Itachi fought kakashi it was a "pwning" this was not. Jesus, he got it once, and the validity of that one hit is debatable. Give it up.

Not to mention it's 2 on 1.

It was not part of his plan to get a wing blown off, it just happened and Sasuke did everything he could think of (he did think quickly I will give you that) to return the favor.

Suspiciously quickly, it was not more than a few seconds between him blocking that bomb with his wing and "losing" grip of his sword. I think I have a valid case. It may be calrified further later...but I just see no reason why that bomb would have "hit" him when non of the others did...perhaps tho.

Shika on the other hand had almost the whole Temari fight planned right after it started. Sasuke was just slashing around and only attacked Deidara first because Tobi disappeared. That “duh” in my previous post was directed to my prediction because it was obvious; it was not directed at you. (Just wanted to make that clear)

Their method of determining their opponents abilities was different. Sasuke attacked to ascertain information, Shika defended from the bat...but I mean honestly the fights are about a similar as two fight by two different people can be. The only real difference is their original intent behind having their attack ranges measured, shika planned that step, while sasuke stumbled upon it and created the same plan Shika did from their. But Other than that its the same.
[hr]

Deidara will somehow survive from the explosion because he might managed to mold his clays to protect from the mines itself.

The only way I see this happening is if he was a bunshin. He's been immobilized, and essentially tied to a bomb...thats heading towards more bombs. Not to mention all the explosives in his bags...its a big liability flying on a bomb, now that I think about it....unless he was never really on his bird, I just don't see him getting away. If he does it'll be a save from Tobi.

We might see Deidara's trump card for the finale and Sasuke's as well. Both seems to ran out of chakra.

What makes you say that? The fight Just started, Deidara's probably about halfway through his clay (assuming it doesn't all blow up with him) and Sasuke's only been CS2 for a minute, hell probably revert soon.

Though i'm still not sure about Tobi, he's a mysterious Akatsuki member so we'll have to wait and see.

He'll either take Deidara and run, or just watch him die, swear vengence and retreat when backup arrives. IDK which....but he won't die. Deidara will though, I'm certain.

I'm just curious which village is Deidara from ? I saw his headband, any idea where his from?

He's a rock nin.

jerger
June 16, 2007, 02:32 PM
my theory is in the heat of the fight sasuke will gain his ms... if not i still think sasuke is going to get whooped somehow, captured... or almost defeated... then naruto will save the day... but then sasuke's group will find him and be upset with naruto... then sasuke will have to explain things...

BlackDawn
June 16, 2007, 02:37 PM
I predict that deidara is still alive , since most ak members tend to chat a bit right before they die :sasori with chyo and sakura, hidan insulting shikamaru and kazuzu - kakashi. So unless sasuke has a chat with him he won't die. So deidara still lives maybe has one last trick up his sleave tells tobi to leave because of the size of the blast. Sasuke does the talking thing with deidara . MASSIVE explosion , deidara dead and sasuke injured badly . Tobi heads back thinking sasuke is dead. Then at end we see a person near sasuke who is unconsious due to his injuries.

Tobi=Yondaime

QMark
June 16, 2007, 02:44 PM
Well for the story's sake I'm going to bet on Deidara still being alive. Mainly because Sasuke is merely trying to extract information about Itachi and needs Deidara alive for the moment. In this fight he probably wasn't really going ALL OUT, but he definitely was trying to take down Deidara. I think this is where Tobi steps in to show his more serious side. The joking side of Tobi is entertaining but I'm sure he is in Akatsuki for more than just entertainment.

m0ji
June 16, 2007, 04:29 PM
i predict Deidara is beaten...and Tobi will retreat...Deidara will be asked some questions and since he wont say anything Sasuke will kill him instantly.Deidaras death is near...finally.Either Sakura or Karin will come to Sasukes help and heal his wounds up.

xun
June 16, 2007, 04:36 PM
I think Deidara can escape from the bomb although his both arms was hit by shuriken. i remember that he can escape in the situation that Naruto hold him and hit him. Also he can escape with self detonation although he lost his arms when fighting with Gai and his team.

For some reason, I think both of them just reteat. Sasuke got injure and some one come to rescue him. (may be Sakura or kakashi or his own team mates)

TBCAD
June 16, 2007, 05:52 PM
i predict that the bomb will go off and deidara will be seriously injured
tobi will then show some moves, great moves i hope, to avenge his sempai
then sasuke will get backup from juugo/karin/suigetsu/naruto/sakura because i dont see him beating two Akats. by his lonesome

I put in "sasuke" instead of the name-calling you did. Even if you don't like him, you could at least refrain from calling him names in predictions/discussion. thanks

kheopz
June 16, 2007, 06:13 PM
With one wing Sasuke can't fly and Diedara pinned down on two his dragon both Sasuke and Diedara will be hurt by this explosion. I'm surprise Sasuke didn't use his snake to protect him like he did before so strategy wise (By thinking that his C2 skin is bullet proof) he got it wrong.

Prediction: Tobi will now play a major role by rescuing Diedara. If he can be slashed in half with dying and going underground like it was water I think he can easily flash into the blast to save his sempai. In the case if Diedara lost both his arms he can use hiss mouth to create bombs. He will not die as Tobi is around to help him out. One thing that is at Sasuke disadvantage is that he is dealing with an well oiled team. Shika had to plan to have Hidan apart from Kakazu which was key to defeating these to so I'm curious as of why Sasuke didn't try to isolate one instead of attacking both of them (some will say he doesn't have much choice).

Other Prediction might be that Tobi will go into a fury because of him thinking that this sempai has died.

Other prediction: is that Realizing that he has so much problem dealing with two Akatsuki Sasuke will join efforts with the leaf in order to defeat Akatsuki with the exception that Itachi and him must fight alone. There's no way Hebi can deal with Akatsuki (as AL warned his group to watched out for Hebi). Sasuke will will have to settle for some extra help from the Leaf and maybe the from the Sand as well.

Other Prediction: Sasuke will reevaluate his plan on attacking Hebi knowing that he is having this hard time to try to defeat Diedara (yet alone Tobi).

True Story: Without MS or some bad ass Genjutsu it is not conceivable to think that Sasuke could kill Itachi (C'mon using CS2 on Diedara ... that's a big low in every possible angle). He needs MS (he is not a Genjutsu user -that confirm - he never used it really). If Itachi was dealing with Diedara it would have been fast because with just his finger he would have induce Diedara in a state of Genjutsu and that would have been enough to kill Diedara.
IF Sasuke had a least some Genjutsu he had plenty of occasion where Diedara was staring at him to use genjutsu on him. Itachi is smart to have his finger being use to induce Genjutsu on anyone as him being a sharigan user he realized that people would shy away from looking directly at his eyes.

Sabrams
June 16, 2007, 06:19 PM
I don't have much faith in Sasuke being able to beat both Tobi and Deidara. Yeah, he's good, but taking on two Akatsuki isn't a walk in the park. I severly doubt that any of the Konoha ninja will come to back him up. It would add nothing to the plot, nor would he accept their help. However, I do see the possibilty of Juugo, Suigetsu, or maybe even Karin coming to help. I'm a bit more willing to say that I believe either Suigetsu or Juugo would show up. They need to have a chance to show off their strengths, if even just a little. I'm very interested in Suigetsu's ability to reform his body. I believe that his Kekkai Genkai is that his body can manipulate the water in it. Remember when he cut down the door with the Great Beheading Sword? Yeah, his muscles were HUGE! He also reformed his entire body once Sasuke released him from the tank. And when Karin slapped him, his face reformed with that nasty little smile on it. He'll be a hard one to kill...

As for Juugo, we don't know a lot other than his body can manipulate itself into almost any weapon. I can't wait to see him animated. Seeing his skin change shape will be pretty interesting. Besides that, Karin is the most lackluster character. All we know is that she can sense chakra. By itself, that's pretty cool, but it's useless in a fight. I'm suprised that she hasn't sensed his transformation yet. I'm especially amazed that NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS NOTICED ALL THE EXPLOSIONS. Yeah, that's just a bit suspicious....

Anyways, this next issue and the couple after it should be pretty interesting. Hopefully, we'll learn a bit more about that book as well as a get a sneak peek at the abilities of Tobi.

My overall prediction:
Battle ends in a draw. Akatsuki flees. Naruto and the Konoha Corp all go home with new information and a sense of urgency to stop Kabuto/Orochimaru and Team Hebi/Sasuke.

FatalFlaw
June 16, 2007, 06:39 PM
Eh, personally, I can't see Deidara dying from just this. It seems to be too fast of a battle. Plus, the fact that we've seen C3 in the past, means that we know Deidara can do more. Because of that, I don't think that Kishi will let Deidara die, because it will make it sound as if Deidara took Sasuke lightly and didn't use all.

He probably escaped by ripping his own arms off. He's been pinned before, except by sand. The sand was crushing his arm, so he just ripped it off. The problem is that this will leave him somewhat useless unless he has bombs pre-made for such a situation. He must have identified his arms as a weak spot and must have come up with another way to fight. Some people have suggested using his own mouth to mold the clay, but for some reason I don't see him doing it.

Either way, I don't see Deidara dying just yet, or at least, in that attack. It's possible that he'll create another clay bunshin and blow himself up again. Or perhaps, it won't be a clay bunshin. Perhaps he will realize that, without his sewing machine living anymore, that there is no point in trying to survive the fight, and will blow himself up.

That's how I see this ending.

kingfencer
June 16, 2007, 08:07 PM
weve having seen anything from tobi but he can go underground, lets put it this way, if he is able to go underground fast and rescue people, he's a vauable ally.

Juggernaut
June 16, 2007, 08:38 PM
You know it could be that everyone has noticed the explosion and they are jsut in the process of getting there. Last chapter we didn't see anything from anyone else. So, its not hard to assume they know something is going down and are on the way. Question is who will get their first. Or will everyone get there at the same time and turn this into a 3 way battle royal?????

Donnie_D
June 16, 2007, 10:49 PM
Tobi=Yondaime

Yep... that's right, Tobi is Yondaime, and couldn't follow Sasuke's movements... meaning Sasuke's speed now exceeds that of a fighter jet.

Anyways, I think Deidara is going to still be alive, but maybe is dying. I think he's GOING to be dead after the next chapter, anyways. Although, I suppose Sasuke could have saved him... since he is looking for information.

Nara Twig
June 17, 2007, 12:17 AM
I think the fight with Deidara is pretty close to over. Sasuke's being built up to go kill itachi, and there's no conceivable way that anyone would believe he stood a chance right now if he couldn't take out Deidara fairly quickly.

I think the loss of his wing is really only temporary, while his CS level 2 has a set shape, Juugo can fully manipulate his form to his will. I think when he rests, and heals up, probably with the help of some dark medical technique from Karin, his wings will be back.

Without his arms, Deidara can probably still puke up some explosives from his normal mouth, but if he can still control his C2 dragon somehow, Sasuke is gonna have to lop off it's tail. It clearly uses the mass from the tail to produce the guided C2's Deidaras been throwing at sasuke, and his tail only gets wider the closer it gets to the base. This leads me to believe that the C2's will get bigger stronger, and possibly faster the more that the c2 dragon pukes them up.

I'm really wondering about what Tobi's bloodline or mastered technique is. Sasuke can slice right through him, but the explosions are putting him off. It would probably be too much like Kakuzu and Hidan's double teaming if Tobi would get in Sasuke's face and just take the explosions with him, but is Tobi just going to keep standing by and watching the fight play out? That's kinda lame.

The next chapter is probably going to start with Sasuke giving Deidara another chance to talk about itachi, and then in swoops Tobi to start fighting while Deidara sets up another attack. tobi dives underground or something, and then BOOM.

kit99bar
June 17, 2007, 12:44 AM
Anyone else find it odd that Tobi has done almost nothing in this fight?
Just 4 things really so far:
1) got in deidara's way and almost got him killed by sasuke
2) warned deidara that sasuke was behind him
3) planted bombs
4) warned sasuke about the bombs

Not to mention it's 2 on 1.

Black/Light
June 17, 2007, 01:13 AM
. . . .I think this fight was more like a suped up Naruto v Gaara fight before Gaara went 1 tails.

After Sas lost his wing. . .
1. Make a decoy/ attention taking move to allow for closer combat (Naruto- Mass shadow clones/ Sas- huge ninja stars)
2. Find a way to get in range of the enemies body to land a blow (Naruto- Used KB to bloke the attacks and used one to jump off of in order to stab Gaara in the solf spot (ass)/ Sas- Used his sword as a plateform to jump off of inorder to slice off a wing)
3. Use the #1 action to come in a f up the enemy ( Naruto- Used all the KB to attack at once/ Sas- Used the stars to pin Clay Man down onto his dragon)

It was smart and showed some fast thinking on both parts (Nar and Sas). . . .but it just aint on Shik level. Thats like saying Sas is now at Lee's speed because he has shown to be fast (but Sai can keep up with him) or that now he can body flicker at Yon level because he has shown he has a fast body flicker.

And if we are counting hits. . . Clayman still hasn't been "hit" by Sas (unless you count being pinned down as a hit) well Sas took bomb to the face and a massive blow that blew off a wing (good IMO, now we know those things aint that great for bloking powerful attacks).

Bl4sch3k
June 17, 2007, 06:06 AM
I don't think sasuke will finish off deidara... also kakashi or naruto won't do it too. Because it has to be Gaara, which has to pay back the pain Deidara caused to him and to the village of Sand.

So that makes me predict, that "Deidara's Grand finale" will be another suicide bombing followed by a withdrawal at Akatsuki side. Sasuke will somehow dodge Deidara's huge self-explosion... and in that second Juugo or someone will pop up as Sasuke's backup.

Crying Tobi then will run away assuming, Deidara is gone.

warbandit66
June 17, 2007, 07:46 AM
I believe that deidara is able to mold these bombs with his own mouth because the cover for 357 said once you see all three tongues it's over, maybe he will create a special bomb without the use of his hands

FishCake
June 17, 2007, 08:29 AM
Mm, I see one of two things happening in relation to Deidara.

1. Either he somehow manages to survive the blast (immune to his own explosives?), or Tobi saves him with his weird fazing power/jutsu. In this case it's likely that Sasuke also fell into the explosion and is injured pretty badly. I expect Deidara and Tobi will also have minor injuries from the blast and be looking to finish the fight quickly. Deidara will probably use something like a C3 to 'finish off' Sasuke, and then they'll make a hasty retreat. (of course Sasuke will survive. There's no way Kishi would kill him off just yet.)

or 2. Tobi, thinking his sempai's dead, starts to fight with Sasuke in an attempt to avenge him. Sasuke, having been partially hit by the blast, or even having fallen into the explosion with Deidara, isn't up to fighting Tobi who will probably turn out to be pretty strong. He gets beaten up badly. Somehow Deidara has survived (yeah, I don't think he's dead just yet), and Tobi, overly excited to have his sempai back, forgets to kill Sasuke. Deidara is badly hurt so they retreat.

Basically, I really don't see Sasuke dying just yet (or ever really, people just like him too much), but I also hope that Deidara won't die. I think it'd be a real pity to have another Akatsuki die so easily, and it'd be really monotonous, seeing all the recent deaths.

Either way, I predict something along the lines of Konoha and Hebi seeing/hearing the explosions and all heading to check it out. Someone from Konoha (probably someone from team 7) will hopefully arrive first to see an injured Sasuke. And then who knows.

To people saying that Deidara couldn't have been saved because 'then why did the bombs go off', you have to remember that the dragon would have fallen onto the mines with or without Deidara pinned to it.

shachi
June 17, 2007, 09:38 AM
Deidara considers his former sempai Sasori and the puppeteer's philosophy of art.

Tobi comes to Deidara's aid but there is nothing he can do to help. Tobi jokes with Deidara, but this time Deidara isn't upset. He tells Tobi to leave, and get as far away as he can.

In keeping with his philosophy he prepares to make a magnificent explosion combining his body with the corpse of the C2 dragon, transcending C3 and reaching new heights with a suicidal C4 bomb.

Suigetsu squeezes valuable information out of Kakuzu's business associates; Juugo and Karin rush toward the battleground, and cross paths with Konoha.

The chapter concludes with Deidara challenging a dazed Sasuke to withstand his ultimate work of art.

jodi
June 17, 2007, 10:05 AM
Why didn't Sasuke summon snakes?

if he did when Deidara got that dragon, he could jump to it
but then, althought, deidara would fly higher and he would be in the same problem
but then, once more, the snake would blow up the landmines
[hr]

True Story: Without MS or some bad ass Genjutsu it is not conceivable to think that Sasuke could kill Itachi (C'mon using CS2 on Diedara ... that's a big low in every possible angle). He needs MS (he is not a Genjutsu user -that confirm - he never used it really). If Itachi was dealing with Diedara it would have been fast because with just his finger he would have induce Diedara in a state of Genjutsu and that would have been enough to kill Diedara.
IF Sasuke had a least some Genjutsu he had plenty of occasion where Diedara was staring at him to use genjutsu on him. Itachi is smart to have his finger being use to induce Genjutsu on anyone as him being a sharigan user he realized that people would shy away from looking directly at his eyes.

Why do you think that Genjutsu is that perfect?
Even Kurenai did scape from his genjutsu
MS is almost perfect, but not to people that already know it
Itachi could have fought Gai, but he saw that Gai is strong and knows how to fight Sharingam
did you realize that Itachi flee from Jiraya, lost(with 30% of his chakra but whatever) to kakashi and naruto?
Genjutsu isn't perfect
and sharingam isn't as well
do you remember that the chyioo bah said that sharingam is almost useless? ok, she didn't know about MS, but normal sharingam she knew for sure

CheckMate
June 17, 2007, 11:00 AM
Why is everybody keep saying that Sasuke will hurt by the explosion? He will land at the same place as where he took off. Even no, he was having a lot of time to prepare something before he hit the ground. Cmon he should not just fall and get killed

Littlewig
June 17, 2007, 11:53 AM
Why is everybody keep saying that Sasuke will hurt by the explosion? He will land at the same place as where he took off. Even no, he was having a lot of time to prepare something before he hit the ground. Cmon he should not just fall and get killed

Or he could just land where Deidara fell since those mines would have already denoted from Deidara falling there.

Elldar
June 17, 2007, 02:54 PM
Well, grand finale of the artist or whatever it is translated to. The final chapter for Deidara?
Nah, I would doubt it my main reason the chapters never turns out the way kichi wants us to believe. Well, he might chock us this time and Deidara will maybe dies, but not from his own landmines and not like that perhaps due to a mega jutsu from Sasuke.
But however will Tobi fight soon he only used a doton jutsu to plant alla those land mines but nothing more, I wouldn't say Tobi participated in the fight at all.
And that Zombie-twin jutsu of his seem kinda deja-vu now. ooh, he didnt die from a slash from a sword ooo, another Hidan. Geez!
hmm, done, over and ...

KingJosh
June 17, 2007, 04:32 PM
The thing that consurnes me most is Tobi. We havent seen in a fight, we have only seen him as a clown, that creates humor in the manga. The only thing we have seen that could referr to power, is the part that he dident die when he got cut by sasuke. He must be strong since he took Sasoris place.

but I think that this is the end of Deidara, he have survied before, so I think this is the end. But he did make it hard for Sasuke, I am looking forward to see what happend to Sasuke. I dont think that sasuke was so serius while fighting Deidara, if this was all sasuke had, he defenetly has no chance against Itachi:s

FatalFlaw
June 17, 2007, 05:36 PM
I think the fight with Deidara is pretty close to over. Sasuke's being built up to go kill itachi, and there's no conceivable way that anyone would believe he stood a chance right now if he couldn't take out Deidara fairly quickly.

I think the loss of his wing is really only temporary, while his CS level 2 has a set shape, Juugo can fully manipulate his form to his will. I think when he rests, and heals up, probably with the help of some dark medical technique from Karin, his wings will be back.

Without his arms, Deidara can probably still puke up some explosives from his normal mouth, but if he can still control his C2 dragon somehow, Sasuke is gonna have to lop off it's tail. It clearly uses the mass from the tail to produce the guided C2's Deidaras been throwing at sasuke, and his tail only gets wider the closer it gets to the base. This leads me to believe that the C2's will get bigger stronger, and possibly faster the more that the c2 dragon pukes them up.

I'm really wondering about what Tobi's bloodline or mastered technique is. Sasuke can slice right through him, but the explosions are putting him off. It would probably be too much like Kakuzu and Hidan's double teaming if Tobi would get in Sasuke's face and just take the explosions with him, but is Tobi just going to keep standing by and watching the fight play out? That's kinda lame.

The next chapter is probably going to start with Sasuke giving Deidara another chance to talk about itachi, and then in swoops Tobi to start fighting while Deidara sets up another attack. tobi dives underground or something, and then BOOM.

No, the C2 dragon is done. Sasuke lopped off it's wing, so it can't fly anymore even if it survived the explosion, which i sincerely doubt. Deidara, I can see surviving the explosion, but not his flying bomb.

Speaking of wings, I don't think we've ever seen a CS2 form lose a limb and then return to that form later. So, I can't really say what will happen to his wing. However, it's very likely that with the immense chakra that comes with CS2, the wing will simply regenerate itself, akin to Naruto's fox form.

Tobi won't do a thing against Sasuke in this fight unless Deidara is unable to fight or dies. Deidara himself has told Tobi himself to get as far away from the fight as possible. Tobi is too obedient to not obey his master. Some think that he's unable to fight in this scenerio due to all of the land mines, but that just isn't true. It's been proven by Sasuke's sword that not all of the land has been mined up, and since it was Tobi who planted the mines, it is a fair assumption that he knows where he put them. So, it's not that he doesn't want to or won't fight, it's that he respects his master too much to insult him by helping out.

The next chapter will go one of two ways. Either we will see Sasuke watching the dragon fall to the ground as he stands firmly on his sword in the ground, and then have him watch as Deidara shows himself to have survived, and then we'll cut to Naruto and Co., or we won't see Deidara at all, and the chapter will explore the Book of Kabuto. This moment isn't suspenseful enough to leave it for another chapter, so I suspect that we will see the outcome of that explosion. Deidara's not dead, though. That's my prediction.

pcxxy
June 17, 2007, 07:45 PM
Since the forecast for the next chapter is "The Artist's Grande Finale", I predict the following:

1) We'll see Deidara getting away from Sasuke's counterattack (i.e. he'll somehow survive the explosion)

2) Deidara will use his best clay (C3 or higher numbers if he has anything better) on Sasuke, because afterall, it just sucks if he dies without pulling off the best of his abilities

3) The chapter will likely end with Sasuke at a disadvantage again.

4) Tobi will still not participate in the fight, and his abilities will not be revealed until a few more chapters later.

5) Sasuke will summon Orochimaru's power/snakes to counter.

himurakenshin
June 17, 2007, 10:52 PM
I predict Deidara dying here or in the next two chapters. I think it's the real him tied to the C2 dragon because if that was a bunshin, it should have dessipated when struck by Sasuke's wired shurikens. He's not immune to his own bombs because when Sasuke surprise him he saved himself by throwing bomb and was relieved that it was a C1. Deidara will blow himself up for a desperate move, hence the title of next chapter. Me thinks its a mistranslation... in japanese it said "Geijutsuka no Saigo!!" either literally or figuratively it means "The End of an Artist!!"

No way sasuke is going to die in this Narutoverse. We'll see him injured badly here by Deidara's last jutsu or maybe a fight with Tobi. Though I think he's not as great a fighter as others portray him to be. One of Tobi's jutsu, I guess is regeneration, because when Sasuke slashed him with his sword he fell face-flat and got up again.

Karin or Jugo will come and Tobi will retreat alone. After Hebi leave the place we will see Konoha team arrive and find Deidara's remains.

akatsuki27
June 18, 2007, 12:14 AM
yeah i think deidara will die by the end of next chapter....tobi will try to fight sasuke one on one but team hebi will come and tobi will be forced to retreat

Toad Sage
June 18, 2007, 02:02 AM
I think we're going to see both Sasuke and Deidara unconscious from the blast, and possibly Deidara dead altogether if Kishimoto wants to get through the six or seven battles he has lined up in the next three years... As a result of this, maybe we'll finally see Tobi's true colors, and see him emerge to either finish Sasuke or betray Akatsuki and help him. I think the second case is highly unlikely, so supposing the first case is true, we'll see a Hebi member or Konohoan show up to protect Sasuke in his injured state.

Nafycuk
June 18, 2007, 04:26 AM
Sasuke wiil use Edo Tensei and summon Hidan, Kazuzu and Sasori ^^ I really believe Orochi had taught Sasuke that nasty jutsu )

Decorus
June 18, 2007, 05:34 AM
I think the title is refering to Deidara pulling out his trump card and we may soon see more opponents enter the battle.

wooticus
June 18, 2007, 07:18 AM
deidara may lose the battle, but he won't die!! in the last months kishi wanted to show us that sasuke isn't the one to kill somebody. even oro he some kind of absorbed and now he lives on in kabuto --> oro is not dead --> sasuke hasn't killed him.

--> sasuke will not kill deidara, i think he will leave them or perhaps he really gets captured. this would end in team hebi and konoha had to work together (karin helps to search with her seeking ability..)

Juggernaut
June 18, 2007, 08:20 AM
Maybe akatsuki will use sasuke as leverage to capture Naruto.

Mendes
June 18, 2007, 08:47 AM
deidara may lose the battle, but he won't die!! in the last months kishi wanted to show us that sasuke isn't the one to kill somebody. even oro he some kind of absorbed and now he lives on in kabuto --> oro is not dead --> sasuke hasn't killed him.

--> sasuke will not kill deidara, i think he will leave them or perhaps he really gets captured. this would end in team hebi and konoha had to work together (karin helps to search with her seeking ability..)

Apparently Oro Is dead. Even if he isnt I doubt it was sasuke who decided to leave him alive. And Sasuke has no problem killing when its needed. He aimed for Tobi's neck, and he only survived coz of his special ability, whatever it is. Sasuke restrains from killing when its not totally necessary. However I think he will try his best to keep one of the akatsuki alive, so he can interrogate him. Unless he has no choice but to go all out using his "that jutsu", he will try to keep one alive. I think he will be able to interrogate one of them, so that both Hebi and Leaf get to the same information on akatsuki, since Leaf has already that book Kabuto gave them.

Fluff
June 18, 2007, 09:42 AM
well i think sasuke will be mostly unharmed after the explosion... i mean, he was falling into the small forest, so i guess the forest will from most part shield him from the explosion...
oh and we will see Suigetsu (and a bit of Naruto)

CheckMate
June 18, 2007, 09:46 AM
Aim for Tobi's neck? I thought it was just body that got hit

Anyway I doubt it is as easy to predict the outcome.
Anyone can interfere at anytime.

We are yet to be shown the true power of those who are engaged in the battle right now.

Mendes
June 18, 2007, 09:50 AM
Its the same, he aimed for tobi's vital spot. For what sasuke said, he was expecting tobi to be dead after that hit. He said '1 down' and that he was going to interrogate deidara instead. My point is that Sasuke has no problem killing when its necessary.

PhoenixBlaze
June 18, 2007, 10:14 AM
I hope deidara isn't dead yet and get's few more hit's in on sasuke. Tobi I doubt will do much without his sempai, well except run most likely and report back. Konoha should have heard those blasts so maybe we will see some of them come upon the battle. I am sure this upcoming chapter will be promising.

VincentV
June 18, 2007, 10:18 AM
First of all: it pisses me off to see sasuke use cs2 all the time! I doubt he can even brush his teeth or tie his shoelaces without it anymore -_-

That said I predict that in the next chapter we'll see a page with the faces of all charcters thinking the same thing: "An Explosion?! (Naruto) AKATSUKI! / (Sasuke-Crew) Sasuke...". Everyone rushes towards the place where the explosion was. Next thing will be: we see sasuke rise from a cloud of dust, he's pretty much at his limits. Then Tobi appears before him:"You've defeated Deidara-sempai... you're not a good boy... (preparing an attack)"

~End of chapter~

Kaborochi
June 18, 2007, 02:23 PM
Through out the history of the anime and manga series, all battles that involved Sasuke have either caused Sasuke to develop in some way or it was to highlight an aspect of his development in some way. Seeing as to how Sasuke's past were all to highlight the various aspects of his development (battle against Orochimaru and battle against Naruto), I believe that this battle will cause Sasuke to develop in some way. When I say Sasuke develops in some way, I mean a development in his bloodline ability, the Sharingan.

My prediction for the next chapter is that we will see the extent of Deidera's ability which will cause Sasuke to reach a very damaged position. For the next set of chapters, I predict what I mentioned above and I think we will see development in Sasuke's sharingan (hopes for a mangekyou :) ).

badluckartist
June 18, 2007, 02:43 PM
Let's start with my wishful thinking, and then what I really believe will happen-

Wish: Sasuke gets his ass kicked, loses that other wing (thus losing his flight [how many freaking advantages does sasuke need over everyone else?!?!]), Naruto comes in, reveals a new way to use his wind element he thought up on the fly (that isn't completely out of the question, he usually makes stuff up on the spot) and then does some frog summoning jutsu to combat that C3 dragon or whatever it is. Oh, and "TOBI IS OBITO!!!!" at end of chapter.

Will Happen: Sasuke stylishly defeats Deidara, and then heals his own wounds after revealing he has mastered healing jutsu [okay maybe not that last part]. Deidara incapacitated, he turns on Tobi. Tobi takes his mask off to reveal a completely unrelated character. Or maybe he's Kakashi's father, and EVERYONE was wrong about everything reguarding Tobi. Except that he's a ghostborg.

merol_lord
June 18, 2007, 03:36 PM
I think that both Deidara & Sasuke will be hurt badly, then Tobi will fight against an injured and tired Sasuke, and when Tobi is about to kill Sasuke, Kakashi will come to the rescue (without any Tobi-Obito crap).

Daisumaru
June 18, 2007, 03:37 PM
Hmmm.... I don't think Deidara's done yet, it looked like his right arm was reconstructed with clay(the one Gaara had crushed, Kishimoto gave us a good look in 355* for a reason) and Sasuke's giant shuriken is lodged in that clay on the right one. Deidara made a small explosion on a portion of the right arm's clay, loosening the shuriken and then pulled out the one on his left arm. The fight end's with a C-3 or as some have speculated a C-4 explosion and Deidara thinking that he's killed Sasuke(obviously Sasuke will survive though XP).

NRZero
June 18, 2007, 05:17 PM
I think Deidara willl find someway to cheat death again like he did with Kakashi. He probably had a clay bushin fighting the whole time to scout Sasuke's abilities. I know the fight is far from over at this point, so I expect Deidara to survive somehow and he'll explain how he did it this chapter.

akatsuki27
June 18, 2007, 05:26 PM
sorry to say but sasuke's sharingan wont evolve or develop whatever from this fight. for kishimoto to make sasuke gain his clan's highest level by fighting a guy who he never met before and has nothing to do with his personal journey except being a colleague of his brother would be so lame. it just wouldnt make sense to me.

but i digress, next week i think sasuke will finish off deidara but not before another blow to uchiha, then tobi will mourn his sempai for five hilarious seconds and proceed to avenge, however, reinforcements in the name of hebi or konoha will come and tobi will like "whoa, sempai wasnt worth all of this, im outta here, plus i gotta tell itachi-san what happened"

"p.s. say hi to kakashi for me sasuke-kun" (<---wishful thinking)

warbandit66
June 18, 2007, 05:28 PM
deidara could have dug deep into the ground to protect himself (he is a rock nin) and gather the clay from the earth to create a new more powerful explosive

Raul.Creed
June 18, 2007, 06:34 PM
Well...judging by the side text at the end of the last chapter, Deidara has an ace up his sleeve that he will use against Sasuke. .o.

MasterOdin
June 18, 2007, 07:27 PM
My prediction is that before this fight is over Sasuke will learn the benefit of using teamwork (likely from Naruto) and that will be how he learns to be Itachi. I don't really see how Sasuke beats Itachi one on one.

jodi
June 18, 2007, 08:35 PM
Did you guys think that Deidara till the last page, was unharmed?

Sasuke was injured and without a wing... bleeding all over the place...

I don't think that deidara will die so easily and this fight will probably be a drawn because Kakashi will appear and then Deidara will flee saying because Kakashi got there and 2 on 1 isnt fair, but it will be because he didn't take Sasuke seriously and now has to flee

wow, thats my prediction xD

akatsuki27
June 18, 2007, 08:51 PM
i dont think that there will be a draw because after this little turnaround by sasuke, deidara will be so mad he'll go for his strongest jutsu C3 or C4 maybe...plus even if kakashi gets there, deidara said he owes him so he'll want to get even with him too

my guess is the fight will end by the end of next chapter or the beginning of the following chapter....actually if it doesnt end by the next chapter then itll take two more because kishimoto likes to show the back story of each character when they are at a big moment...i think chapter 359 will be about the wrap up of the fight and chapter 360 will be about deidaras past, which means 361 is when he will die

at least thats how i see it in my mind....

captrosko
June 18, 2007, 11:00 PM
I don't see Deidara dying yet. Usually when a villain is defeated they've undergone a gauntlet of sorts before being taken down. Deidara is pretty much at full strength, dunno how long ago the ritual was to be honest though. I"m guessing not long. Still when I look back at what he and Sasori went though before being trashed, or Hidan and Kakuzu moreso, even as far back as the Sound 4 and Gaara vs everyone. Its seemed to be the pattern that the main character beat up weakened foes. If Dei does die, then its a rather big change to the formula.

voidyou17
June 19, 2007, 01:23 AM
Hmmm.... I don't think Deidara's done yet, it looked like his right arm was reconstructed with clay(the one Gaara had crushed, Kishimoto gave us a good look in 355* for a reason) and Sasuke's giant shuriken is lodged in that clay on the right one. Deidara made a small explosion on a portion of the right arm's clay, loosening the shuriken and then pulled out the one on his left arm. The fight end's with a C-3 or as some have speculated a C-4 explosion and Deidara thinking that he's killed Sasuke(obviously Sasuke will survive though XP).

Nice pick up... I mentioned Deidara's arm on one of these forums and no one even cared... Kishi definitley showed it for a reason back then...

Even though it says "next time: the artist grand finale" theres noway thats true if you go by past chapters( Next time: Nartuto finishes his training" and then he was still training for like seven other chapters) so i really dont see this fight coming to an end. Not to mention that its to early for another Akatsuki member to die. I mean how many new members are their going to be in the end. If deidara gets killed that leaves 6. It took nine members three days to extract the Shukkaku... if they ever get Naruto itll take them months to extract the Kyuubi...

On to my prediction... We will see various images of other ninja looking up after hearing that blast...Deidara will rise from the smoke...Sasuke will be astonished that Deidara is still alive after that... Tobi will say something funny...we will see a close up of Sasuke with a pissed of look on his face... chapter will end with Deidara prepairing a new technique.

Alterno
June 19, 2007, 01:54 AM
I think that deidara stills alive. In the next chapter we might see his ultimate technique and in some way sasuske is going to survive it and kill this guy with his sword. I see that sasuske rely a lot in that sword.

KingJosh
June 19, 2007, 04:26 AM
No, deidara is dead now, he have survived befor against gaara and kakashi and naruto. as i mantion before that this time we will see more about tobi, and how strong he is.

GPZrag
June 19, 2007, 04:40 AM
i think that a nice turn out for the upcoming chapter will be that TOBI kill that Deidara i say this because it will be "too stupid" to let sasuke kill him cause it will say that sasuke is OVERHWLMING powerful and it will come ridiculous on the series... so it leave us the unpredictable thinng of tobi killing deidara and pawning sasuke as kakashi or somebody else comes in his rescue.. something like that i think =)

TBCAD
June 19, 2007, 07:56 AM
i dont think that deidara is dead but i also dont think he is going to show his "grand finale"..
at least not until there are some updates on team Hebi and team(s) Konoha and Akatsuki
god knows how long that will take :s :s I feel yah here, brother!

cerventus
June 19, 2007, 12:06 PM
Did you guys think that Deidara till the last page, was unharmed?

Sasuke was injured and without a wing... bleeding all over the place...

I don't think that deidara will die so easily and this fight will probably be a drawn because Kakashi will appear and then Deidara will flee saying because Kakashi got there and 2 on 1 isnt fair, but it will be because he didn't take Sasuke seriously and now has to flee

wow, thats my prediction xD

I agree with this.

I think Deidara will detach his hand and I think she will mostly be imuned to explossion .

The end of the artist i would mean that She will get angry and launch something that is not normally used by her.

Panda
June 19, 2007, 12:09 PM
I doesn't thinks that Deidara is dead. Rather Tobi will see the desparate situation that Deidara is in and he will give Sasuke a real hard time is what I think. At least we see now that Tobi is able to move around adeptly underground whether you like to call it Doton or not. (Reference from Itachi saying how Kakashi hid himself with Doton) Perhaps this can provide him an edge on fighting a Sharingan user assuming that he isn't one himself.

hitokugutsu
June 19, 2007, 03:58 PM
Umm Deidara cant be dead. He hasnt shown his C3 yet and bad guys never die unless they go all out. Sofar all the Akatsuki have shown a powered up form so I'm guessin Deidara has a big tongue hidden somewhere -_-

KingJosh
June 19, 2007, 04:20 PM
why do everyone keep thinking that deidara is still alive? I think when deidara refered to"THAT" it was somthing that tobi was supoosed to do, so I think that tobi will use it, and not deidara. However, I am not kishi, so I cant say somthing for sure, this was just my opinion.

akatsuki27
June 19, 2007, 05:04 PM
hey cerventus, deidara is a guy....anyway, next week will be a cliffhanger about deidara using his best justu....probably sasuke is cornered and we wont know if he lives or dies....but you can bet that he will live obviously since he has bigger fish to fry than deidara

Toad Sage
June 19, 2007, 07:41 PM
Try to restrict your conversation to prediction descriptions. If you want to discuss the last chapter, there is an entire thread for that.

Thanks,
TS

QMark
June 20, 2007, 12:07 AM
From all that has happened I'd say its pretty hard to predict what might happen next. I mean, alot of people say that this is the end of Deidara and going from what the next chapter description says, they would probably be right. But like most of us know, those next chapter descriptions are hardly ever on point.
Honestly, I don't see Deidara dying at this point. I know he has already shown off most of his best jutsus and has pretty much filled a character purpose but with that said, he also made new character conflicts with Kakashi after vowing to get even. I wouldn't exactly say that is enough to keep his character alive but its reasonable enough to let him escape for the time being.
Which helps me move onto my next point. Tobi will be escaping with Deidara. I think we may see Tobi in a new light after the next few chapters. Mainly because we have always been witnessing his goofy side. My guess is that if he should ever get serious, he is a major threat. Big enough of a threat to make Sasuke question himself or at the very least, rethink his game plan for taking down Itachi.

latouya
June 20, 2007, 08:43 AM
Considering that by the end of this series all the Akatsuki would probably be dead, so I guess it's Deidara's turn in the next chapter.

DarkManSharingan32
June 20, 2007, 11:01 AM
Umm Deidara cant be dead. He hasnt shown his C3 yet and bad guys never die unless they go all out. Sofar all the Akatsuki have shown a powered up form so I'm guessin Deidara has a big tongue hidden somewhere -_-

Wasn't C3 the bomb he ised to try and blow up Sunagakure?

bloodrage
June 20, 2007, 12:15 PM
of course diedra is not dead that would be so stupid of kishimoto diedra has alot more potetial as a villian all those things he can do with his clay and as he said saskue is not on itachi's level
he may have been pinned down on that thing but they use kwarami jutsu to get away from things like that i mean saskue did one cool thing and he wins the fight that is just to easy he has to lose the other wing as well before something happens to diedra .

akatsuki27
June 20, 2007, 12:58 PM
its true that he is not dead but he is going to die....for deidara to end up fleeing after getting beat down yet again would be lame. that would cheapen his character because all we would see him do is talk smack about how he was going to kill orochimaru and get back at kakashi and naruto and ends up running away again. it's his time to die....like i said before kishimoto will show some of his past and then kill him off

why you ask? well because he cant keep running away just to get beat again...i can assume that we agree that one day he will die right? well, who has he left to fight? he wants to fight kakashi and naruto. will he be able to kill one off them? no, so if he lives through this he would fight them and get beat again....how lame would that be and how devastating to his character which i happen to like....sorry guys he is GONE!!!

FatalFlaw
June 20, 2007, 01:53 PM
I don't know. I feel like Deidara will die this next chapter, but I also feel that Kishimoto might pull a fastball on us. Sasuke had to lose a wing to even touch Deidara, who hadn't gotten hurt before this upset. He did it brilliantly though, using stringed shruiken and strategy to bring down the dragon. But, we have to remember, anything is possible in the Narutoverse.

No, the C2 dragon is done. Sasuke lopped off it's wing, so it can't fly anymore even if it survived the explosion, which i sincerely doubt. Deidara, I can see surviving the explosion, but not his flying bomb.

Speaking of wings, I don't think we've ever seen a CS2 form lose a limb and then return to that form later. So, I can't really say what will happen to his wing. However, it's very likely that with the immense chakra that comes with CS2, the wing will simply regenerate itself, akin to Naruto's fox form.

Tobi won't do a thing against Sasuke in this fight unless Deidara is unable to fight or dies. Deidara himself has told Tobi himself to get as far away from the fight as possible. Tobi is too obedient to not obey his master. Some think that he's unable to fight in this scenerio due to all of the land mines, but that just isn't true. It's been proven by Sasuke's sword that not all of the land has been mined up, and since it was Tobi who planted the mines, it is a fair assumption that he knows where he put them. So, it's not that he doesn't want to or won't fight, it's that he respects his master too much to insult him by helping out.

The next chapter will go one of two ways. Either we will see Sasuke watching the dragon fall to the ground as he stands firmly on his sword in the ground, and then have him watch as Deidara shows himself to have survived, and then we'll cut to Naruto and Co., or we won't see Deidara at all, and the chapter will explore the Book of Kabuto. This moment isn't suspenseful enough to leave it for another chapter, so I suspect that we will see the outcome of that explosion. Deidara's not dead, though. That's my prediction.

This is my initial prediction, and I stand by it. But, I think it might be possible that Sasuke not only loses the fight, but gets captured. This puts Hebi and Konoha on the same course of action, so they can team up against one common enemy. Hebi, as of now, has absolutely no reason to be fighting anybody from Konoha (except Suigetsu, who might want some sort of revenge on Kakashi but I sincerely doubt it).

This also might be Sasuke's inner thinkings - he might intentionally get captured in order to get closer to Itachi. I also think that Kishimoto will prop up Deidara and Tobi next chapter. I mean, this is "Akatsuki" we're talking about. They need to be badass, not taken down by a renegade 15 year old. It isn't completely out of the question that Sasuke loses - last week everybody was predicting someone to come in and save Sasuke. I think that still might happen, because once both of them - Tobi and Deidara - fight with all of their power, he'll be in trouble.

Wind_NiN
June 20, 2007, 02:36 PM
Deidara will somehow find another way to beat Sasuke and the battle will go on for another 2 chapters.

AngelMayLaugh
June 20, 2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah, let's rename it in Sasuke, no Naruto.

Hard to admit, but it's the end for Deidara (((
Kishi is the very first Sasuke fanboy, that's why it's the end for Deidara... ((

HAHA LMAO.

My Prediction:

I think Diedara will escape the explosion losing one of his limbs, maybe his arm again. Then Tobi will try to interfere but Diedara will just make him stand by and watch. Sasuke will run out of CS2 chakra and revert. Sasuke and Diedara will fight until someone shows up, or until the end of the chapter.

(It usually takes akatsuki members 3 or more chapters to get snuffed)

Group Uzumaki will find something about Tobi or Diedara in the book.

Kaborochi
June 21, 2007, 01:14 AM
From before:
Through out the history of the anime and manga series, all battles that involved Sasuke have either caused Sasuke to develop in some way or it was to highlight an aspect of his development in some way. Seeing as to how Sasuke's past were all to highlight the various aspects of his development (battle against Orochimaru and battle against Naruto), I believe that this battle will cause Sasuke to develop in some way. When I say Sasuke develops in some way, I mean a development in his bloodline ability, the Sharingan.

My prediction for the next chapter is that we will see the extent of Deidera's ability which will cause Sasuke to reach a very damaged position. For the next set of chapters, I predict what I mentioned above and I think we will see development in Sasuke's sharingan (hopes for a mangekyou

ANBU4U
June 21, 2007, 09:35 AM
From before:

My prediction for the next chapter is that we will see the extent of Deidera's ability which will cause Sasuke to reach a very damaged position. For the next set of chapters, I predict what I mentioned above and I think we will see development in Sasuke's sharingan (hopes for a mangekyou

Hmmmmmmmm......

Very nice. A bit too nice perhaps?

There's certainly precedent for your prediction, as you've stated. But what makes you think he has more jutsu up his sleeves....especially seeing as how he may well have no sleeves anymore.

warbandit66
June 21, 2007, 09:41 AM
Deidara uses mouths to mold bombs from clay, he has 3 mouths why would'nt he be able to use that to create bombs?

yemsta
June 21, 2007, 02:34 PM
From before:

This made me laugh while reading it lol. you really should be more original when posting :)

I dont think this will happen and I really hope it does not because if sasuke was destined to lose this match then it is better for him to lose it and go and seek more power. By him randomly gaining mangekyou sharingan would be a hell of a plot device. All in all we are not seeing sharingan here.

daniel1983
June 21, 2007, 03:23 PM
Deidera is going to die. Kishi killing Deidera would follow the trend of Sasuke always being 'better' than Naruto.......Naruto took out an Akatsuki member, so Sasuke takes out two (Orochi and Deidera).....

I want to see more Earth jutsu from cyborg Obito...um....I mean Tobi...ha ha...

...and a two entire chapters of fighting.....what are all the others doing?

cerventus
June 21, 2007, 10:25 PM
That is the prob. Kishi generally try to make Sasuke better than Naruto. eg. Naruto Took down an akastuki and thus Sasuke should take down 2.

I perdict this trend ends here. If Sasuke can take down Akastuki easily, he would not need the Hebi team. I think Diedera escapes the blast and push Sasuke to his limit using those high speed homing explossion he used on Gaara.

Juugo returns to save Sasuke. He tells sasuke. "even Kimimaru said you were his reborn and I can see you are strong, you are still a long way from Kimimaru's strengh"

walkie
June 22, 2007, 09:12 AM
That is the prob. Kishi generally try to make Sasuke better than Naruto. eg. Naruto Took down an akastuki and thus Sasuke should take down 2.

I perdict this trend ends here. If Sasuke can take down Akastuki easily, he would not need the Hebi team. I think Diedera escapes the blast and push Sasuke to his limit using those high speed homing explossion he used on Gaara.

Juugo returns to save Sasuke. He tells sasuke. "even Kimimaru said you were his reborn and I can see you are strong, you are still a long way from Kimimaru's strengh"

you cant be serious,right??? if that speech happens, all the powerful image that created by kishi for sasuke after time-skip, will become nothing...i also think sasuke get some help somehow but he wont be in a situation like that speech, i dont see that.....

Mortific
June 22, 2007, 09:21 AM
It leaves me dazzled everytime, how people don't understand why Sasuke is so incredibly strong now, and keep whining how Naruto can't compete with that..

A rival, and more specifically, the main character's rival has to break some ground himself, Naruto created a technique not even Yondaime managed because it took too long. Now let me turn the question around, what does Sasuke has that stands up to that? Where Naruto has an incredibly powerful technique like that, and the Kyuubi, the strongest of all of the tailed beasts, Sasuke can't possibly stand up to him. And because of that, Sasuke has to have MANY upgrades and features, where Naruto has few, but powerful ones. Naruto has already 2 things which is the most powerful of their kind respectively.

One could start summing up ways for Sasuke to beat Naruto, giving the reason that Sasuke's speed alone is enough to avoid Naruto's most deadly technique. Humorously, that is also one of my own theories. But I just refuse to think that Sasuke is so much better than Naruto.

Back on the chapter... I wonder what Tobi will do if Deidara is defeated, I don't think the Akatsuki or Deidara himself would want Tobi to just run, they would prefer him fighting Sasuke. Then the question is if Sasuke has any fighting strength left, which I think he has..

Sentou Ryoku
June 22, 2007, 01:13 PM
I hope C4's enough to mess up Sasuke's plans for Itachi. The current plot doesn't have enough twists and it seems too straight forward.

dasher232
June 22, 2007, 01:29 PM
Like I said before I don't get how Sasuke suddenly remembered he can summon snakes to get away from the blasts, never mind getting up to Deidara.

Sentou Ryoku
June 22, 2007, 01:36 PM
Senei Jashu probably has the same or shorter range than his chidori saber

Sky9
June 22, 2007, 01:44 PM
Damn, what a blazin' chapt. another flash back with Itachi lookin' like um "God" again with his genjutsu is cool. However I have to see a more clear scanlation/trans to really
see how he freaked that move.
Sasuke's not really hurt it seems..maybe low on chakra but not showing any signs of
fatigue..thats means he's thought of something other than some "MS" potential attack.
Deidara's really P.O.ed throwing up God knows what on the last page...he's not gonna be
satisfied until one of them dies. So I think he's gonna die if somebody needs to.
Tobi will most likely report back to Zetsu, and hopefully Naruto will learn how to
deal w/ AK taticfully from the book.

SPAMU
June 22, 2007, 01:48 PM
Hm! That Kishimoto... *stereotypical Naruto shock* "What a guy!" Just when my interest had started to wane due to the rather tangential and seemingly meandering plotline, he goes and, for some B.S. reason, has Deidara square off against Sasuke with a crazed murderous intent. You know, I kind of hope he survives, just because he's already lost an arm to Gaara and the other to Kakashi and Naruto, as well as nearly blowing himself up. Plus, Tobi will be sad haha.

If the attack really is called "Garuda," I'd say Kishimoto is really deliberate in his research when it comes to mythologies (maybe not quite to the extent as Takashi Hashiguchi, but still!)... Garuda: born of a giant explosion and turns out to be the killer of serpents; that's pretty much dead-on for its purpose.

Oh man, and that two-page spread with Itachi in the light with the statues to his left and right... that was pretty sick.

I really wonder, though, what Tobi's purpose in all this is, aside from comic relief.

And damnit! I wanted a Sakura fight!! Give plz! And well, we know what the Team 7/8 combo is searching for, but what exactly will they find? I doubt it will involve Hebi as of now, but who knows at this point? It's been so unpredictable lately, mostly because the stories pushing ahead rather than tying up loose ends.

Sentou Ryoku
June 22, 2007, 02:39 PM
It's be funny if Kishimoto just brought out Team 8 just to run around then just go back to Konoha without going into action.

AxelCross
June 22, 2007, 02:54 PM
The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is "It's interesting". I really like Deidara, he's very strategic with his battle tactics, not to mention it seems that some people have severely underestimated him, considering he's holding his own against the invincible God that is Sasuke. However, I think that with the next chapter, it'll be his demise. "The End of Everything" seems to hint at the fact that this next piece of art from Deidara will be the biggest explosion of all, devouring everything in it's radius.

I do not like how Deidara seems to be making hasty decisions and is letting anger get the best of him, but oh well, that's what happens when you know you're at the end of your rope. I really would like to see Team 8 and Naruto and Co. do some actual fighting. It seems as if Kishimoto brought out these guys just to say to the fans "Okay, here they are, HAPPY!?". Who knows, maybe we'll see them next chapter. I wonder what Tobi will do?

He's been quite the silly rascal up to this point, not showing much moves or motivation except to show his worth to "Deidara-senpai". I wonder if Kishimoto will keep up Tobi's no-care attitude, or if Tobi will be enraged that his senpai has died and fight Sasuke (though I would prefer Tobi to fight Naruto, Kakashi, etc. considering Sasuke has had the spotlight so much in fights lately). We'll see...

Zevin64
June 22, 2007, 03:03 PM
That flashback was interesting.... Deidara being slightly coerced into joining Akatsuki..lol. Did a similiar situation occur with Sasori given that he had mentioned he "hadn't had this much difficulty since joining Akatsuki"

patrick_tambu
June 22, 2007, 03:14 PM
Things are getting very intresting!!!!
It seems that Deidare is going all out..... That means we're going to see his limit (so now, the match with Gaara was just that easy for him?)
I'd say that Sasuke on the other side is far from his best... What a badass!!!!!!
In the end, i just don't get why ther's so many people gettin' mad with that Tobi dumbass...the only thing i've seen him doing is how to be weird!!!! I really hope you Tobi fans are right about his abilities....

voidyou17
June 22, 2007, 03:15 PM
This was one of my favorite chapters in a long time... I really enjoyed the flashback scene showing how Deidara became a part of Akatsuki. kishi should of had done that for Hidan and Kakazu, it makes everything more interesting when we know the personalities and lives of Akatsuki.

I'm not a big Itachi fan but man the guy just has an out for everything... we have never seen him in a situation in which he can't control. Even before you realize you are about to fight him he has you..

Also I'm really glad the next chapter wasn't that "Uchiha Awakens" stuff...

Toad Sage
June 22, 2007, 03:20 PM
I wasn't too impressed by this chapter insofar as how it was composed. I felt the flash back was sort of fascile... But, the ideas in it were awesome! I liked Itachi defeating Deidara so easily, as it was cool to see Itachi utterly crush anything that looks at him (literally). It was also interesting getting a look into how insane/insecure Deidara is, to presumably risk his own death to ensure he doesn't lose to another Uchiha. Tobi was kind of a let down, however, as I am completely confused why he isn't helping Deidara out so far. His reluctance to fight I think is another poorly construed element of this arc, as it makes Sasuke's (impending) victory seem less believable. Imagine if Kakuzu and Hidan for some inexplicable reason decided not to fight in tandem. I see what's happening now equally as disappointing as that would have been. I really hope Kishimoto addressing this somehow, otherwise I'm going to be stuck feeling this whole fight was a wash.

raven09
June 22, 2007, 03:22 PM
Noob here, Hello!
Great chapters now..really good fights!
Did you guys notice that the statue(some god, mostly) beside which itachi stood had the Sharingan "design" as a halo, and though I cant see it clearly from the scanlations available, it looks like the god has sharingan-eyes! Now thats something really worth noting.. besides the obvious allusion that "Itachi is God!", it seems to support a theory i read on NF somewhere about Itachi wanting to revive a demon with the MS..

yemsta
June 22, 2007, 03:26 PM
This was a good chapter I wish I was better on photoshop as I would colour that last image of deidara puking up clay. I really do hope that this does not spell the end of deidara and I just hope that he is satisfied with his defeat of sasuke and goes back to his duty as akatsuki and we dont see him again until the "great war" so to say.

If deidara dies then this manga is getting fart too predictable. Basically any main character who meets an akatsuki member fights the akatsuki, we see a little backstory and the member dies. Is this what is going to become of naruto endless fights wwith ak dying left right and centre I hope not.

warbandit66
June 22, 2007, 03:28 PM
When you look at Deidara he doesnt look in much worse shape than sasuke apart from his arms being slashed which isnt hindering the use of his arms too much, the only diiference is that sasuke's cool demeanour remains intact and Deidara has flipped

patrick_tambu
June 22, 2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah! And also, it seems to me that Sasuke is paying dues to all the people Itachi has easily defeated this far......

shachi
June 22, 2007, 03:29 PM
That statue is of either raijin or fuujin.

As seen during the Gaara-Deidara fight, C3 had a blast radius of 10 or 12 city blocks. Man, C4 is going to be spectacular.

DrunkFist
June 22, 2007, 04:11 PM
its was awsome Chp
Deidara dont die!
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/dorkun/DeideraIsBolmic.png
XDDD
Deidara is bolimic

Impel Down
June 22, 2007, 04:11 PM
Wow, Deidara really caught my attention in the end there. So, is he going to do like Sasuke's fireballs but with clay now? Or is he going to just make something with his own mouths? Geez, he's like those guys in the Starburst commercials that unwrap them in their mouthes! And I guess this also shows us a little bit of his background and his relationship with the other Akatsuki members.

gigantor21
June 22, 2007, 04:16 PM
I really didn't like this chapter. Deidara is basically getting screwed for the sake of increasing Sasuke's rep, the same way the Golden Pair gets screwed for drama's sake in Prince of Tennis. I mean, come on--how much more power does Kishi need to bestow on the Uchihas? Sasuke can already seal off the Kyuubi, is better than Naruto all around, and has garnered much more status in the shinobi world through killing Orochimaru. It's just like Ichigo's chances against Aizen, at this point--there will have to be a few contrivances for Naruto to get up to task without another timeskip. Not to mention that Itachi and the Akatsuki leader are easily stronger...it's just absurd.

My hope is that this fight will assuage the claims that Sasuke isn't much stronger than Naruto, because Naruto didn't push Deidara nearly as far AND he didn't have to deal with Tobi at the same time. But I'm not stupid enough to say it's a given, especially considering how forced it seems on Kishi's part.

Waru
June 22, 2007, 04:18 PM
Deidara on the last page has to be one of the most bad ass "poses" I have seen in a while in manga. I cant wait to see what C4 :) can do . But the last page aside I'm getting annoyed with the flashbacks involving the mighty god Itachi :eyeroll beating the current opponent Sasuke is fighting like nothing in all the his fights right before the opponent gets killed off by him (just assuming Deidara is going to die/No one will interfere of course :( ).

patedecarne
June 22, 2007, 04:24 PM
^
and not only this; just to compare , in real life the C3 was completely useless when you got C4; the C4 for can generate waves of compression that could be able to start a nuclear fission with uranium 235 ,one of the most radioactive and powerful elements; to put in simple words , deidara could make a atomic bomb! what mean that deidara can explode a entire country , even itachi will be useless if that's the case;
Ande my other question is: Tobi; he will not do nothing in this fight?oh ,he's a akatsuki menmber after all , S rank nin....

Magical Poof
June 22, 2007, 04:24 PM
... Deidara barfed D:

Not exactly the coolest way to execute your ultimate attack...

Uchiha Slayer
June 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
Itach kicks butt!!! Beats Orochimaru, Deidara, and the elite Uchiha Clan...Itachi could have been hokage

Waru
June 22, 2007, 04:29 PM
Itach kicks butt!!! Beats Orochimaru, Deidara, and the elite Uchiha Clan...Itachi could have been hokage

Why stop at hokage the way Kishi is setting him up he is like a God

warbandit66
June 22, 2007, 04:33 PM
The whole concept of the Uchiha and their sharingan has become a joke

coolitman
June 22, 2007, 04:45 PM
Kishimoto is so in love with the Uchiha bros huh? Well, they are quite something...Deidara should not live past the next couple of chapters, telling Tobi to get out of the way indicates that C4 is most likely self sacrificing. Sasuke cannot die at this moment in time because that would be a shocker and I don't think I would know how to deal with it...and Tobi's probably just gonna run away until someone finds him and kicks his butt! All in all, I thought it was quite good (how cute was Deidara i just wanted to eat him!) I didn't get the whole statue thing, can anyone explain or should I just go read again? NEED SOME NARUTO!!!

AxelCross
June 22, 2007, 04:46 PM
I don't see why everyone is so sore over the Uchiha clan. It seems as though people think Kishimoto is doing this to piss everyone off, when in actuality it's quite realistic. There are in fact people in this world that are just simply set up to become amazingly successful, amazingly powerful, smart, sexy, all of the above, whatever, it matters not. It's no different in the real world than it is in the Naruto world. The Uchiha clan is just "one of those families" where they succeed no matter what.

Yes, all things must come to an end, and most of us that are familiar with the Japanese folk tale some of Naruto is based off of ("some" used very loosely) know that it will indeed come to an end. But Naruto is the classic "rags to riches" (not literally) hero, he starts out crappy, gets to an amazing level, then begins all over again with someone overpowering him, forcing him to bring out his inner demon...er, literally.

The Uchihas are simply strong, that's all, they have natural strength and talent, and Sasuke is the one blessed with being very smart and hard working on top of that natural talent. Itachi seems to have that talent, but none of us have ever really seen Itachi pushed to his edge, work hard, or pushed to desperation in any way, shape or form. Sasuke is strong, Itachi is talented, there is in fact a difference, meaning that Sasuke will reach his limit, as well as Itachi, but one must reach it before the other. I have no idea who will reach it first, but I'm guessing Itachi just for drama puposes.

I digress, I've kind of gone astray with the topic, though I guess I'm still on topic a bit, apologies. I thin that Sasuke will in fact defeat Deidara, but I don't think this is any way of letting Sasuke go further up on his pedestal, I think it's simply the end of Deidara's rope, if it wasn't Sasuke, it'd be Juugo, Kairn or Suigetsu, and if it wasn't them, it'd be Naruto and Co., someone would have defeated him, people are sore just because it lies on Sasuke to defeat him. Now, this is assuming he does die, which he will, I'm just no sure if it's the next chapter, but he will soon enough, he serves no purpose to the direct storyline any longer.

warbandit66
June 22, 2007, 04:56 PM
I'm not dissipointed because Sasuke may be the one to defeat Deidara but the fact that Akatsuki is probably finished now, three members have four members have been defeated and killed or incapacitated (Hidan), Akatsuki who are supposed to be the stories antagonists are really not that powerful but just unique in their abilities.

Sentou Ryoku
June 22, 2007, 04:56 PM
Does Akatsuki taking out Jinchuuriki's count as win on their side or what? They only had one relevant kill (Asuma) but then 2 of them get taken out. Deidara took down Gaara but Sakura and Chiyo equalized the score by killing Sasori. Now it looks like Deidara's going to join the ranks of the defeated/killed. Wtf? Are they bad-asses or fodder for everyone else?

=S=

AxelCross
June 22, 2007, 05:06 PM
I'm not dissipointed because Sasuke may be the one to defeat Deidara but the fact that Akatsuki is probably finished now, three members have four members have been defeated and killed or incapacitated (Hidan), Akatsuki who are supposed to be the stories antagonists are really not that powerful but just unique in their abilities.

Well, as I stated before, all things must come to an end, even the one's thought to be all powerful. Like Kakashi said, this generation is overtaking the previous one in every sense of the word. They develop faster, they're naturally stronger (when regarding age to age), they're naturally smarter, they're simply better. That's not to say the previous generation is dead and gone, they're not quite done yet, but by the end of Naruto, my bet is that Kishimoto will still be building upon that whole concept of "The next generation is King".

So yes, Akatsuki is slowly dying out, though they still have a tremendous amount of power behind them, they're numbers are dwindling. Still, Itachi, Zetsu, Kisame, Akatsuki Leader, and Akatsuki Blue Haired are still more than enough to uphold the Akatsuki name, we haven't seen the powers of two of those people, of which are expected to be extreme. Deidara is done for, I'll say that now, but even so, Tobi is still there, and I don't think he'll die so soon, we haven't seen his background much, nor have we seen any of his attacks at all, or even seen him get serious, he's been joking up till now.

Then again, we know almost nothing of Hidan, and he's out of the story (though Kishimoto could come up with some insane way of bringing him back...), so I wouldn't be surprised if Sasuke defeated him soon. Who knows, but I do know that people are getting sore over nothing, as the Uchihas will die out, as will Akatsuki, everyone will have their way by the end of Naruto.

cinamax
June 22, 2007, 05:07 PM
If Itachi had to beat Deidara to make him join, who made Itachi join Akatsuki? The leader? If you look at the ones we saw, Sasori could be Itachi's natural enemy. He is just a puppet right? Itachi's eyes wont work on him. Sasori has no real eyes.

I'm getting to like Deidara. He's pretty funny and actually not all that bad. Since he told Tobi to get out of the way instead of just killing him like Kakuzu does with all his partners before Hidan, he's not that bad a guy.

Tobi seems to be have some pretty strong bloodline. He acts like a novice and doesnt seem so smart so he has got to have some kickass abilities.

Deidara to me is more like Shigamaru.

Marq
June 22, 2007, 05:26 PM
Hmm, that was a pretty good chapter. I"m just glad the MS bullshit preview wasn't real. As for the flashblack, heh, saw that one coming. And Itachi being potrayed the badass that he is, literally, just anyone who peers into his eyes are pretty much screwed. Hmm, didn't like how Tobi was going around doing nothing really, that was kind of meh part of the chapter for me.

lordhmm975
June 22, 2007, 06:24 PM
the statue part represents his C4 jutsu, the C4 is the statue the garuda

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garuda its all there

i honestly think the whole Garuda statue clay thing is stupid, kishi could have made it something else like a turtle or something lol

Sky9
June 22, 2007, 06:29 PM
yeah I see what you mean, aside from this Sasuke / Deidara stuff.. AKs who are known to take out bijuuus with no casualties are having a major problem with ONE ninja, a young one at that..and Tobi not really being an obvious threat is kinda strange.
2 S-class nins vs.a Uchiha and one being told to get outta dodge is novice.
I'm not in anyway bashing Kishi's direction, but that does seem as if Sasuke is overpowered..or the Uchihas remaining. That might just be more to what Itachi was
implying to the village about their power, and letting Sasuke live.

lordHokage
June 22, 2007, 06:49 PM
This chapter was quite interesting. I’m a little bit disappointed but I abide by the wishes of Kishimoto. :)

Deidara is giving himself one great big bang, bang send off, his final performance. To some degree I feel sorry for him, his most precious possessions, his artwork was dismissed by his comrades, and his partner who he refers to as Master Sasori predicted his early demised, and he hated to lose to anyone. :mad

I’m not surprised of Tobi not taking part in this battle, after all he’s under direct orders from Deidara-Sempai to say the hell out, but it nice to see Deidara is still looking out for him - TOBI! GET OUT OF HERE!! :bees

As the fighting continues, a very exhausted Sasuke may or may not have any jutsu in the arsenal to counteract Deidara’s final artwork, C4. Whatever C4 is, it impact is catastrophic, everything in it pathway would be destroyed. At this point, I’m reminded of chapter 354 introduction - HEBI WAS CREATED TO ACCOMPLISH A SINGLE GOAL. AND JUST AS THEIR LIVES CHANGED, SO TO DOES THE WORLD AROUND THEM. I don’t think no one from the Leaf Village or Sasuke could have ever predicted such an outcome, the Deidara factor. There is only two powerful jutsu that can counteract such a deadly force, Mangekyo Sharingan and FRS. If Sasuke has a trump card aka that jutsu, he better play it now. :p

Lord Rae
June 22, 2007, 07:02 PM
the statue part represents his C4 jutsu, the C4 is the statue the garuda

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garuda its all there

i honestly think the whole Garuda statue clay thing is stupid, kishi could have made it something else like a turtle or something lol

aye but a Garuda would be the natural enemy of someone who summons and counts on snakes for some of his moves.

AxelCross
June 22, 2007, 07:25 PM
aye but a Garuda would be the natural enemy of someone who summons and counts on snakes for some of his moves.

Ah! True. Anyone notice a little irony in this? Sasuke defeats Orochimaru by telling him that he'll be in the hawks talons, considering he was then a snake. Now Garuda is Sasuke's natural enemy, who uses snakes as his special attacks/animal familiar now that Orochimaru is gone. I find it a little funny, and a little sad, on Sasuke's part that is. I hope Garuda does some damage to Sasuke, I don't want to see him walk over this creation like he does everything else.

boyakist4649
June 22, 2007, 07:40 PM
I really did enjoy the chapter - but I felt that there was something lacking in the chapter...
Why does Deidara hate Orochimaru so much?
I hope that this question gets answered... I am a little worried because Kishimoto seemingly put Deidara's malcontent against the Uchiha Sharingan, and not Orochimaru, which was supposedly the whole reason why Deidara went looking for Orochimaru's slayer to begin with.

sKaR
June 22, 2007, 08:05 PM
ahh yes..a fine chapter.I assume dei is gonna die next chapter.Remeber the flashback oro had just before he was killed by sasuke.I wonder if its becomin a trend!!!.A real good chapter.V also found how the akatsuki recruite.Kinda impractical to hire sum1 u could soo easily defeat.I thought it was more like that bleach-captains kinda hiring where if u would defeat 1 akatsuki...u get to b in his place.But may b they needed him purely for his abilities.The garuda--the eagle that carries LordVishnu-the God of the Gods(like zeus)in Hindu mythology.C4...kinda the basic explosives of our time.Deidara may just sorta go kamakazi...but i think sasuke will escape next chapter OR..........v might get a treat n c the Mangekyou like wit what kakashi had done in the start to deidara when he was about to explode back then.Soo much gonna b answered next week....

pcxxy
June 22, 2007, 08:29 PM
it's funny how we totally fell for that fake spoiler... ;p

interesting chapter, and yeah it does seem that Deidara will die the next chapter (or the one after)... and yeah it sux that Tobi ain't doing anything much... I wonder what are Kishi's plans with him.

Tomodachi69
June 22, 2007, 08:37 PM
Haha, anyone notice that the Garuda statue already had the Sharingan behind it when Deidara and Itachi were "fighting"?

Anyway, interesting chapter. Indeed, kinda sad that this will probably be Deidara's end. But I do hope that the whole Orochimaru grudge is explained. It's been re-directed to the Sharingan and Uchiha :/

Glowstuff
June 22, 2007, 08:47 PM
How old is Deidara ? In the flashback, they were kinda talking in a way that made him seem younger than Itachi. Though, his probably just a little bit older than him.

SacredNic
June 22, 2007, 08:55 PM
It's the traditional 'Kishi' moment in the story where the background of a character is shared right before they depart from the world.

Nice knowing you Deidara... I'll forever remember your words of wisdom:

Pop art is dead. My style is super-flat! :tem

akatsuki27
June 22, 2007, 10:38 PM
this was a good chapter....itachi proved he is leagues above everyone again by embarrasing deidara...he didnt let dei blow himself up cause the leader needed him....also there are some skeptics out there hating on the uchihas but i warn you not to hate on sasuke cause he seems to be so much stronger than naruto....naruto's true strength hasnt been shown yet, and look how he easily dispatched of kakuzu

people are like, "oh he used kage bunshins again, thats all he does, blah blah" but you dont realize that that was all he needed....all he needed was four clones to dispatch of a very skilled akatsuki member (and yes kakuzu WAS FAST, i read someone say he was slow)....my point is yes sasuke is strong but STOP UNDERESTIMATING NARUTO!!

but i digress, sasuke needed this fight with deidara....he needed this to guage how strong akatsukis are and how strong he is compared to them.

fremeer
June 23, 2007, 01:23 AM
yep we have had a flashback and explanation of deidera's motivations he is dead man walking

Sentou Ryoku
June 23, 2007, 02:08 AM
Well, to be fair, the original Sound 4 didn't have flashbacks when they got killed (damn).

llamapie
June 23, 2007, 02:51 AM
Well deidara loses his cloak, a fine sign he is gonna die. Every other akatsuki loses it at some point before they died. Chapter was good and short. I still think he had a bad lunch. Screw c4

Sarmad
June 23, 2007, 03:49 AM
Hm! That Kishimoto... *stereotypical Naruto shock* "What a guy!" Just when my interest had started to wane due to the rather tangential and seemingly meandering plotline, he goes and, for some B.S. reason, has Deidara square off against Sasuke with a crazed murderous intent. You know, I kind of hope he survives, just because he's already lost an arm to Gaara and the other to Kakashi and Naruto, as well as nearly blowing himself up. Plus, Tobi will be sad haha.

If the attack really is called "Garuda," I'd say Kishimoto is really deliberate in his research when it comes to mythologies (maybe not quite to the extent as Takashi Hashiguchi, but still!)... Garuda: born of a giant explosion and turns out to be the killer of serpents; that's pretty much dead-on for its purpose.

Oh man, and that two-page spread with Itachi in the light with the statues to his left and right... that was pretty sick.

I agree! Though many here say that the chapter lacked something, i finally felt satisfied with a chapter since long!!! :scry

Getting to know Deidara a little more and the art of this chapter.... Kishimoto really did his job this time! The art especially is what makes this chapter so awesome, because it's different or rather has its orginality!
And the chapter itself is packed full with it! Unlike the past chapters (I'm reffering to many of 'em) where Kishimoto gave us neat panels and spreads but it felt as though as one had seen them in a similar manner before, the style or lineart that is.

Well i don't know if it's actually okay to say this but this Naruto chapter is as satisfying as a One Piece chapter! There is no higher praise ^^

Don Lazy
June 23, 2007, 04:32 AM
I realized something tobi had said "It's C4 Garura". I think deidera performed this jutsu already, His C4 isn't a suicid bomb that where also dumb. Sasuke is dead fo sure

alexandrosgnr
June 23, 2007, 04:43 AM
The whole concept of the Uchiha and their sharingan has become a joke

I agree sooooooooooooooooooo much. Its F%^&$%# annoying

fremeer
June 23, 2007, 05:10 AM
I agree sooooooooooooooooooo much. Its F%^&$%# annoying

it is getting a little cheap isnt it, each time u see it the sharingan somehow gets more powers not initially associated with it. The sharingan always had the ability to hypnotize, thats part of its powers. No clue how its able to get into naruto's psyche though.

hitokugutsu
June 23, 2007, 05:12 AM
Haha, anyone notice that the Garuda statue already had the Sharingan behind it when Deidara and Itachi were "fighting"?

Anyway, interesting chapter. Indeed, kinda sad that this will probably be Deidara's end. But I do hope that the whole Orochimaru grudge is explained. It's been re-directed to the Sharingan and Uchiha :/

Yes in the double page spread you can see those sharingan clearly on that statue. Does anybody have an idea what that statue has to do with the Uchihas (other than supporting the fact that Uchihas are God-like beings -_-) ??

dasher232
June 23, 2007, 05:52 AM
I think people are reading too much into it. Itachi and the others went to recruit Deidara so the statue would have been there anyway why would it have to have a connection to the Uchihas simply because we could see the tomoe's above it's head?. Anyway in my opinion the chapter was a little stale overall. Though I did like to see Itachi fight again. Itachi yet again looks ever so old or rather same in a flashback where deidara is visably very young. Another thing being Deidara suddenly completely loosing his cool because he notices the eyes and ranting about being great. All throughout the series his fights has been handled with composure. Cocky yeah but composed nontheless. I would have expected him to be more like Sasori with his attitude to being pushed to his limit. Another thing like I said before whats with these spring like sleeve snakes that Sasuke just brings out quicker than a blink?.

amperx
June 23, 2007, 06:03 AM
prediction:
i think deidaras going to kick the bucket, sad to say its pretty much the role hes in but maybe kishi will make tobi move or do something or deidara may do something to sasuke really bad

pcxxy
June 23, 2007, 07:27 AM
Have you guys noticed? Deidara lost his left eye-piece... I wonder if he'll be at an extra disadvantage.

Also it really sucks when all Tobi does is things even a even can probably do. I really hope that Kishi could reveal to us Tobi's abilities, and even his identity!

But I guess for now, we just have to be patient.

Seranel N'Ryt
June 23, 2007, 07:27 AM
fishing chapter subject made by Kishi...o.o;;

hmm... C4 must be stronger than C3. C3 can blow Suna.
i think C4 Garuda is transpomation to an explosive.

lordHokage
June 23, 2007, 10:15 AM
I realized something tobi had said "It's C4 Garura". I think deidera performed this jutsu already, His C4 isn't a suicid bomb that where also dumb. Sasuke is dead fo sure

I too realized it as well in the last chapter also. It seems that all the members in Akatsuki are made aware of each member capacities. Tobi’s knowledge of Deidara’s jutsu was no big surprise to me. Like you said and I do agree, Tobi saw Deidara not only performed it but may have heard about it from the Leader or someone else. And if that is the case, Deidara-Sempai is not dead yet, there maybe C5 or higher ranking in Deidara’s arsenal. I think Sasuke is going be to in the hospital for at least 2 weeks. :eyeroll

Sky9
June 23, 2007, 10:19 AM
i think C4 Garuda is transpomation to an explosive.

what is transpomation?
I tried looking the word up and couldn't find a meaning.
please help thanks.:)

Littlewig
June 23, 2007, 11:36 AM
I find it interesting how many Akatsuki members they brought to initiate Deidara. I remeber Jiraya stating you need a large number of people to capture one ninja safely, but can't remeber how many he said.

I wonder if Akastuki gained all their members in the same manner, or some of them willingly joined. It must of been really hard for the AL to initiate the first memebrs considering he was all by himself, unless he is EXTREMELY powerful.

Did the AL really think it was nessecary to bring itachi, Sharkman(can't remmeber his name) ande Sasori to caputre Deidara safely, especially since they only bring 2 memebrs to caputure each Taled Beast?

Tomodachi69
June 23, 2007, 11:45 AM
Yes in the double page spread you can see those sharingan clearly on that statue. Does anybody have an idea what that statue has to do with the Uchihas (other than supporting the fact that Uchihas are God-like beings -_-) ??

Yea, the double page is painfully obvious.
I was talking about before that.

Check page 6. The statues have no sharingan in their "halo"
page 7, top right panel; 2 statues seem to have sharingan
page 8, bottom right panel; sharingan can be seen over statue
page 10, top right; part of sharingan can obviously be seen in statue's halo.

The significance of the sharingan drawn on the statues could be relating the Itachi's strength to godliness, which it kinda is, considering so far, we've never seen him injured or concerned in battle. He just owns whoever challenges him (Orochimaru, Deidara, Kakashi, Jiraiya [not ownd, but still], etc)

But yea, I thought it was interesting that the sharingan was there before Deidara was formally informed about it.

Waru
June 23, 2007, 12:06 PM
They are called tomoe's not sharingan :eyeroll, there is a difference

yemsta
June 23, 2007, 12:21 PM

The significance of the sharingan drawn on the statues could be relating the Itachi's strength to godliness, which it kinda is, considering so far, we've never seen him injured or concerned in battle. He just owns whoever challenges him (Orochimaru, Deidara, Kakashi, Jiraiya [not ownd, but still], etc)

But yea, I thought it was interesting that the sharingan was there before Deidara was formally informed about it.

Because kisame said you were bound in his jutsu from the moment you looked into his eyes which indicates to me that itach put him in gengutsu from the beggining of the conversation. This would ensure that if deidara was to try and do anything silly itachi could quickly control him.

Reiya
June 23, 2007, 12:22 PM
Deidara must have a big case of pica to do that...

ttxdragon
June 23, 2007, 01:16 PM
Listen up guys'n'gals

We thought we might take it a little more freely with allowing one liners and such,
but that obviously didn't have the desired effect and there is just too many posts that fall into a "borderline ontopic" category.

Please be advised that any posts fitting the descriptions in THIS ANNOUNCEMENT (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/announcement.php?f=25&a=17) will face the consequences stated there on sight.

Thanks for you cooperation :)

And now: Let the discussion go on :)

badluckartist
June 23, 2007, 01:37 PM
The art was the best in a loooong time. Loved the two-page spread with Itachi and the statues. And that last frame with Deidara was fucking awesome.

But alas, what the hell is the deal with the Uchiha clan gaining all these magical powers? I'm painfully aware of how awesome the sharingan was supposed to be (we've had it explained at least half a dozen times throughout the manga), but the sharingan is supposed to be a hypnosis and acuity-enhancing means by which to use powerful doujutsu; not this sickeningly rediculous ability that retroactively keeps getting more divine and omnipotent.

Sasuke seeing into Naruto's psyche and shutting down the Kyuubi with it? The divine references in this chapter are too much for me.

Kishi better have a GRANDE backstory for the sharingan's existence and purpose.

philixus1988
June 23, 2007, 02:21 PM
^I hope so too. Kishi is making sharingan look as it is the ability to bestow divine (or the opposite of that) powers to the uchicha clan. This is not soooo great. Anyhoo lets see what kishi makes sasuke do to wow us.

boyakist4649
June 23, 2007, 08:46 PM

I'm starting to think that it may have been an effect of the genjyutsu from the sharingan. I think the statue's sharingan may have only been seen through the eyes of Deidara... ;)

amperx
June 23, 2007, 09:36 PM
its pretty obvious those at the statues were the effect of the genjutsu, itachi just wanted it that way to look cool, not something about godlines, deidara if your gonna die die artistically yeah

QMark
June 23, 2007, 11:52 PM
Interesting chapter...I honestly don't know whether I liked or didn't like it. Here is my take on a few things:

Sharingan behind the statues merely seem to be indicating the exact moments when Deidara was caught into Itachi's genjutsu. Though I agree that this seems to be a bit much on Kishimoto's part, its a true indication to how much the Sharingan technique itself has become god-like.

Deidara's obsession with the whole, "Art is a Bang!", is sort of getting a bit overdone. It's like his whole character is just based on that one concept. Only giving him one dimension to work around, and which it seems thats all he has been worked around. It's obvious he was pretty much forced into Akatsuki after losing to Itachi. I don't know, right now I just wouldn't care to look the other way if he was killed off already.

Sasuke's possible trap on Deidara into genjutsu...this isn't too far off since the Sharingan's natural ability allows this sort of doujutsu and given that he has used genjutsu before to show Kabuto what had happened with Orochimaru's realm, I don't see why people are complaining if this was the case. I'm not saying that this is the case but its still a possibility.

Overall this chapter was ok. Personally, I could have done without the Deidara flashback but it seems like Kishimoto will be using that to show the gap in power between Sasuke and Itachi. Which by far doesn't look too far off. More so, Deidara should be stronger by now since the moment him and Itachi "battled". I think this may very well be an exciting arc to pay attention to and we will probably (and finally) get the backstory as to why Itachi really killed his clan because the current reason just seems to shallow for his character, imo.

Omi
June 24, 2007, 05:40 AM
After taking a look at the wiki stuff for Garuda, I was wondering, are the statues in that temple Ashuras rather than Garudas? Which would make sense to an extent why Deidara is summoning up his C4 as a Garuda or Karura.

Looks like we might get to Sasuke's ultimate jutsu or see him summoning Manda.

kadoman
June 24, 2007, 08:44 AM
Great chapter. Loved the art and hey, Itachi speaks - at length! Amazing! :D I want him to say, "Enough...I'll fight him," to Sasuke when they eventually meet.

Kishi better have a GRANDE backstory for the sharingan's existence and purpose.

That would be nice but you know what? I reckon he won't. There have been so many unanswered questions, unexplored avenues and barely hinted at backstories throughout the course of the manga now, that you could probably create an entire spin-off manga based on the loose ends alone.

And do the loose ends really matter? Over the years, I've been chomping at the bit wanting to know the answers to this and that, and wondering why on earth Kishi doesn't explain it all, but now, I don't think that knowing, for example, the origin and purpose of the Sharingan has any bearing on the actual story at hand.

Would fleshing out Deidi's character affect the overall story? Probably not. It'd be better for our satisfaction as fans, but I reckon at the end of the manga, we won't be going, damn, I wish Deidi had a lot more to him than 'art is a bang'.

I think the hardest thing for me to accept is that Kishi provides us with what we need to know but not necessarily what we want to know.

dasher232
June 24, 2007, 10:38 AM
I don't think we will have a sharingan backstory we might do. Though He's already opened up a lot of holes doubt he'd go for the many the backstory would surely provide. Personally i'm not sue what to make of it anymore. At one point in the manga wasn't Kakashi heard saying that it was weaker than ''white eyes'' (or something to that effect) what happened there?. Unless these feature are only limited to Itachi.

juUnior
June 24, 2007, 11:29 AM
Awesome chapter. And flashback of Deidara.. I like him even more by now xD His cool character in my opinion, and his phrase "Art is bang" js one of the coolest in entire Naruto :D:D

First page is cool with falling dragon, and quite interesting how Saske's snakes appear from his shoulder :x Really, really interesting :x
Page four is really cool, with Deidara panel of kors. He looks cool :D (even if his in blood xD). Furthermore, cool panel, one of the coolest in this chapter, and also art is cool :D
The begining of flashback also cool :D And Sasori appears (even if this is flashback xD) :D I think the begining of F. is interesting for the reader xD
Really short, but in my opinion cool "fight" between Itachi and Deidara, I really like how Dei done his thing to boom and capture Itachi, and in the same time he was caught by genjutsu of Itachi, and Kisame's talk about suicide man was cool muahaha xD
Itachi God xD
Double page is cool, with that statues and sharingan eyes, just awesome in all glory, with art in priority. Kishimoto did it again :p
Actually I think that Deidara has grudge from that moment of fight with Itachi to "sharingan people". Now I think about it, why he didn't comapre Gaara's sand to some sort of art? :D
And the last page and the last panel is cool, Deidara vomits, but he is shown in such way, that he looks cool (even vomiting :p) xD Awesome the end for the chapter. Just can't wait for another :D:D

Impel Down
June 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
So, I just realized something that everyone probably overlooked this chapter: Deidara's arms. Those gashes look pretty serious, and he should be losing a massive amount of blood with cuts so close to the wrists. So, he should be dying right now, I guess.

sKaR
June 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
its wierd really..the graph keeps showin naruto becomes stronger...then they show sasuke becomes even stronger n raises the bar...then they show itachi as if he's in a totally different league.He sure made albeit young..deidara look like a lame noob.also wierdly every person sasuke kills has been defeated soo easily by itachi in the past.Remember the oro flashback right before he melts before sasuke.He too easily fell to the sharingan.Same went fer deidara.I guess these r like preliminary tests that sasuke must pass before his big match.i hope sasuke actually kills dei n its not like a self xplosion on dei's part to die.After such an awsumm fight it would really b on the downside if deidara kills himself!!!!BOW DOWN 2 THE UCHIHA

yemsta
June 24, 2007, 02:21 PM
So, I just realized something that everyone probably overlooked this chapter: Deidara's arms. Those gashes look pretty serious, and he should be losing a massive amount of blood with cuts so close to the wrists. So, he should be dying right now, I guess.

I disagree we have seen deidara's arms crushed and warped into another dimension before and he seemed to get them back so i doubt some shuriken will do much damage.

sharingan_kakashi
June 24, 2007, 02:57 PM
its wierd really..the graph keeps showin naruto becomes stronger...then they show sasuke becomes even stronger n raises the bar...then they show itachi as if he's in a totally different league.He sure made albeit young..deidara look like a lame noob.also wierdly every person sasuke kills has been defeated soo easily by itachi in the past.Remember the oro flashback right before he melts before sasuke.He too easily fell to the sharingan.Same went fer deidara.I guess these r like preliminary tests that sasuke must pass before his big match.i hope sasuke actually kills dei n its not like a self xplosion on dei's part to die.After such an awsumm fight it would really b on the downside if deidara kills himself!!!!BOW DOWN 2 THE UCHIHA

Exelent post!
Kishi is showing the gap between the two brother's power. The chance of sasuke being able to beat his brother seems to be getting bleaker by the chapter. Theyre just too different. Sasuke relies too much on his ninjutsu while Itachi has mastered the use of his sharingan and is most likely a genjutsu type.

On a different note:
i disagree that the sharingans on the statues were done by itachi. It looks like only the statues behind Itachi, Kisame and Sasori-sama has Sharingan on their Halos. the 2 to the right of Deidara does not. But F**king cool of Kishi to do it non-the-less.

Nara Twig
June 24, 2007, 04:43 PM
The sharingan in the statues can't be genjtsu, they're really there. You can see them in the background at the top of page 7, and Itachi doesn't activate his sharingan and trap deidara in the genjuts until the next page. you can aslo see at the bottom of page 7 that the statues have various designs within the halo. I don't think it's stating that Itachi is any more of a god, but that was just one of those perfect naturally artful moments, which captivated Deidara in which Itachi earned some respect from the guy. This chapter doesn't make the Uchihas any more godly, Deidara wasn't expecting to be caught in a genjutsu immediatly upon looking at some guy who's talking to him.

I was surprised with the functionality of Deidara's stabbed arms too. There are major arteries right there that should've been severed. and with how far they went into his arms... is he has bones (you can never be sure in this manga) they would've been split, no?

ANBU4U
June 24, 2007, 07:21 PM
The sharingan in the statues can't be genjtsu, they're really there. You can see them in the background at the top of page 7, and Itachi doesn't activate his sharingan and trap deidara in the genjuts until the next page. you can aslo see at the bottom of page 7 that the statues have various designs within the halo. I don't think it's stating that Itachi is any more of a god, but that was just one of those perfect naturally artful moments, which captivated Deidara in which Itachi earned some respect from the guy. This chapter doesn't make the Uchihas any more godly, Deidara wasn't expecting to be caught in a genjutsu immediatly upon looking at some guy who's talking to him.

I was surprised with the functionality of Deidara's stabbed arms too. There are major arteries right there that should've been severed. and with how far they went into his arms... is he has bones (you can never be sure in this manga) they would've been split, no?

You're absolutely right. Given the width of those cuts on his arms....versus the length of the Kunai spikes we just saw I can only imagine they damn near pierced through to the other side.

Bones should be split at least....not to mention the the arteries that would have been cut. Still, its best not to look to far into it as its a manga...and on top of that Diedara's arm's are clearly...special.

That said were the same wound inflicted on Sasuke I'd consider it fatal.

shachi
June 25, 2007, 03:11 AM
If you look closely at page 5, the tomoe in Sasuke's left eye are moving. Does this mean he is activating some kind of sharingan jutsu, or does something like that typically happen?

fremeer
June 25, 2007, 03:24 AM
the tomoes are actually quite common in japanese stuff. if you read one piece you can see the lightning dude has them on his back as well and they prevalent in lots of things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomoe

HeroXVII
June 25, 2007, 07:46 AM
Great chapter, but I don't like it with a cliffhanger ending :(

hitokugutsu
June 25, 2007, 10:04 AM
Great chapter, but I don't like it with a cliffhanger ending :(

Well I suggest you better get used to that since almost every chapter has that -_-.
Anyway maybe the tomoe behind the stautes are nothing after all. A previous post already mentioned it that tomoes are common in Japanese litrature. Even young Orochimaru had those tomoe on his clothes. And the CS of heaven (Sasuke and Anko) both consist of those tomoe and have nothing to do with the sharingan

ornis
June 25, 2007, 10:28 AM
... in my opinion the chapter was a little stale overall. Though I did like to see Itachi fight again. Itachi yet again looks ever so old or rather same in a flashback where deidara is visably very young. Another thing being Deidara suddenly completely loosing his cool because he notices the eyes and ranting about being great. All throughout the series his fights has been handled with composure. Cocky yeah but composed nontheless. I would have expected him to be more like Sasori with his attitude to being pushed to his limit.

Apparently, Deidara's just impulsive plus "self-confident." //Can be interpreted as oxymoronic---why is Deidara so "dignified" in a sense, yet so rash and uncouth---like on the edge of madness...?// His abrupt, explosive artwork just magnifies his cocky, self-righteous attitude. He happens to blow up on you... overwhelms you with his passion---It's him, him, him, and fittingly he can die at a moments notice--- though will strive to avoid the fact.

Accordingly, his philosophy is that art happens at the instance of explosion, during that one glimpse of "brilliance." He must hold on to it for it to stay alive---it's ephemeral. That's what he leans on to me. He disregards eternal beauty or meticulous destruction (meticulous as in the sequential bombing of a building by level and sides---no he'd take the whole thing and act hastily).... So I guess you question why he's insane.... It's like the blink of an eye: kind of reflexive, immediately protective of the vision it guards... "keeping it's purpose wet" //moist eyes are useful... not saying you don't know that// and all just seems to work without the need of control, unconsciously.... maybe I'm going to far...

alia
June 26, 2007, 01:03 PM
lol its like itachi hasnt grown up ever since he killed his clan, anyways, good chap, cant wait for the next one

akatsuki27
June 26, 2007, 03:08 PM
of course itachi looks the same....he was only about 14 when he killed off his clan so that would make sasuke i think 7 or 8....meaning since sasuke is 15 now he is only 21 or 22....how much of a change you think is going to happen....itachi is not old

Impel Down
June 26, 2007, 03:36 PM
Well, it's just where they were cut, but you make a good point. Although, when his arms were crushed off, they didn't really bleed that much, but you'd think they'd get infected. Oh, I forgot, the seriousness of injuries in Naruto only matter if a medic is near.

boyakist4649
June 27, 2007, 08:59 AM
So Sasuke struggles quite a bit (lost a whole wing) at Cursed Seal level-2... is anyone else thinking that he will get completely pwned by Itachi?

brainwiz
June 28, 2007, 08:31 PM
So Sasuke struggles quite a bit (lost a whole wing) at Cursed Seal level-2... is anyone else thinking that he will get completely pwned by Itachi?

I don't think there's any question about it...Sasuke would get crushed. Even though he pulled out a few tricks against Deidara, Sas. would get seriously crush-factor'd by Itachi.
He probably wouldn't even get to unsheath his sword.

amperx
June 29, 2007, 04:58 AM
hes still way outta league from itachi, i pitty him but well never know how it will turn out when they meet

Don Lazy
June 29, 2007, 05:59 AM
why you guys say sasuke cant win against itachi..itachi shows us some good genjutsu tricks and nothing more, but remember that sasuke poses the same sharingan and oro said his is eventually better than itachis...genjutsu wont work against sasuke, so we can expect a good fight without genjutsu

ttxdragon
June 29, 2007, 06:45 AM
Oi, Guys'n'Gals

I hate to disturb your conversation, but Itachi vs. Sasuke has nothing to do with ch360 Discussions.

If you want to discuss that particular topic, we have the toshokan including their subforums for this. You can search and take a look if such a thread exists and take part in it, if it doesn't exist yet, feel free to create one with good, unbiased arguments.

Please get back on topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.

ps. yes, i'm feeling lazy and just copied the post from Pred to Disc. :p

Remus
June 29, 2007, 09:58 AM
why you guys say sasuke cant win against itachi..itachi shows us some good genjutsu tricks and nothing more, but remember that sasuke poses the same sharingan and oro said his is eventually better than itachis...genjutsu wont work against sasuke, so we can expect a good fight without genjutsu

Who said Genjutsu dont work on Sasuke ? Oro laid a Genjutsu on Sasuke and he almost killed himself. He hasnt got his Sharingan evolved back then but Itachi's Genjutsu are B-S-Rank Jutsu. Sasuke is not immune against them. He might be able to fight them because he has the same powers but we havent really seen anyone struggle against Itachi's Genjutsu. His mind power is enourmous.

As for the Chapter I liked the Garuda. These ancient figures are nice. Let's hope Deidara pwns Sasuke. I'm sick of Sasuke being shown superior only because he was trained under Oro and defeated him in his sick state. Well I guess this goes at the fact that he is Kishi's favourite but as a manga reader this is annoying. In my opinion Sasuke needs to be crushed by Deidara and Itachi to make him realize that abandoning his friends only made him become stronger in physical aspects but in reality he didnt grew at all.