PDA

View Full Version : Question What Do You Want To See Before Bleach Ends?

gigantor21
June 18, 2007, 04:48 PM
Just like the title says. What parts of Bleach do you want to see addressed before the very last chapter hits the RTS thread?

Here's my (rather extensive) list:

- Do Vaizard have specific, Vaizard-only releases?
- Why was Isshin exiled? And what's his connection to Urahara and Co, and Ryuuken?
- Will we get to see every captain-level character's Bankai?
- Just what are Zanpakuto avatars, anyway?
- Why does Zangetsu seem to know so much about Shinigami, and Soul Society?
- Will Urahara and Co.'s relations with Soul Society ever be normalized?
- Why is Aizen REALLY going after the King?
- Will we get to see anymore Zanpakuto avatars?
- How did Soul Society start in the first place? What was it like before Soul Society existed?
- Where exactly did Aizen go wrong? And why is he so close to Gin?
- Will Tatsuki and Keigo ever get any powers? And will they even make a difference if they do?
- Is Orihime going to survive through the series?
- Will all the non-captain level characters (Chad, Ishida, etc.) become vestigial?
- Is Ichigo's fighting style ever going to become more diverse? Is Tensa Zangetsu his real Bankai?

Anyone else got more? I'd love to hear them.

mugen
June 18, 2007, 05:09 PM
well many things...but most of all
Kisuke's bankai :wtf and the questions renji was supposed to ask kisuke.....
just Kisuke and everything else doesn't matter

Ayle
June 18, 2007, 05:12 PM
_Will Kenpaichi ever get a bankai?

big_p
June 18, 2007, 05:16 PM
where is Yoruichi's zanpakuto and what does it do/look like?

abu_89
June 18, 2007, 05:53 PM
are Inoue's "chesticles" natural???

gigantor21
June 18, 2007, 06:26 PM
^ THEY'D BETTER BE.

Here are couple more that came to me at the gym:

- Are there anymore "closet captains" who can use Bankai?
- Will we get to see how any of the Captains/Vice Captains lives were before they died?
- What is it that got the Shiba clan exiled?
- Are there any Shinigami in the 4th, unnamed noble family? Like Aizen, maybe?
- Will Ukitake's illness ever get cured?
- How strong is Isshin relative to Ichigo, and the other Captains?

Keep them coming, guys. And thanks for the replies.

Impel Down
June 18, 2007, 08:02 PM
Here's a question that's really been annoying me:

Why is it that some Arrancar's zanpaktou are katana, and others are scythes, rapiers, yo-yos, so on so forth?

Ripht
June 19, 2007, 03:32 AM
i believe kisukes bankai its the blood mist shield which we saw for a breif moment in episode 20.

- Ichigo's final release
- issihin's bankai

ShinobiWrath
June 19, 2007, 03:56 AM
- Will Yuroichi ever stop looking so damn good?
- What's Chad's arm's relationship with Hueco Mundo and does it have anything to do with Hollows/arrancar/so on in that category.
- What's Gin really up to? Is he tryiing to commit mutiny?
- What type of Bankai does Urahara have?
-Who are the Vasto Lorde? Will they ever be revealed?
- Who are the Vizard and from what did they originate? Do they release? Are their abilities similar to Shinigami's Bankai?
-Will Yamamoto ever get off his lazy ass and show us why he's First Squad Captain and Head of the Gotei 13 squads?
-Will Aizen succeed in Destroying Karakura Town and releasing the Hougyoukuu? Will he kill the king?
-Is Ichigo's powers at thier limit? Can he go higher?
-Will They ever stop showing reruns of Gilligan's Island?!

That last one was for comedy; I hope I don't get the penalty for cracking a few jokes. LOL.

Renji88
June 19, 2007, 04:07 AM
- urahara's bankai
- aizen's bankai
- gin's bankai
- shunsui's bankai
- ukitake's bankai
- yamamoto's bankai

- I want to see the King of soul society

gigantor21
June 19, 2007, 08:48 AM
MOOOORE!!!

- About those Vastorodes--are there any in the Espada now? If not, are the top 3 as insanely strong as Kubo is implying?
- Will we get to see the Espada BEFORE they were hybridized?
- Does increasing your Vizard powers give you an all around stat boost without the mask on?
- Is Orihime's power Hollow-based, too, like Chad's?
- How likely is it that Ichigo will be the one to defeat Aizen?

Pollux
June 19, 2007, 10:04 AM
I admit that some of these questions are not really important but I would really like to see some of them answered :

Is Ichigo a true hybrid ?
Was Masaki human or not ?
Was the shattered shaft the only way to make Ichigo become a shinigami again or was it a plan set up by Urahara in order for Ichigo to become a Vaizard ?
Why is Aizen interested in Ichigo ? Is it because he is a Vaizard or is it something else ?
What is the exact link between Gin and Matsumoto ? And why is Gin helping Aizen ?
Will all the captains and VC learn about Ichigo being a Vaizard ?
Ichigo x Rukia or Ichigo x Inoue ?
Will Chad ever win a major fight ?
Will Ichigo become a captain after his death ?
Why are Inoue's powers so much more impressive than Chad's ?
What is Komamura ?
Will Bankai Ikkaku ever fight Kenpachi ?

Still thinking about more important ones.

SympathyX
June 19, 2007, 01:02 PM
Will Ishida ever controll the final form?
Will Ichigo unlock a level above bankai with his Vaizard powers?

alias85
June 19, 2007, 01:17 PM
i couldn't even answer this question. bleach doesn't really have any substance to the story line. for example...
**spoiler alert**

1. Ichigo and co. break into ss to find/save rukia, fight occurs
2. Bounto break into ss to find whatever its called (i forget), fight occurs
3. Ichigo and co. break into hueco mundo to find/save orihime, fight occurs

between each arc there are power ups/introduction of new chars...reminds me too much of dbz (not that i'm saying this is a bad thing). i could easily tell you guys how i'd like one piece or naruto to end because there is a goal the protagonist is trying to reach...bleach on the other hand is a bit harder to give an ending to.

so i guess what i WOULD like to see before the manga ends is a goal or a purpose for ichigo, other than protecting his friends and getting stronger.

woody_green
June 19, 2007, 10:25 PM
The question that's been bugging me for so long:

Aizen knew that with Ichigo & Co. banned from entering Seiretei, they had to use Kuukakku's Fire Cannon. This means that the cannon was used at least once before. When was that, and is it related to Urahara, Yoruichi and Isshin's exile from Soul Society?

gigantor21
June 20, 2007, 07:38 AM
^ Holy shit, I completely forgot about that. I'd really like to see that, too--was it based on first-hand experience, or simply additional research?

Hopefully, they'll devote an arc entirely to Urahara and Isshin's backstory after the Las Noches arc, so we get to see exactly what happened.

Ripht
June 20, 2007, 08:03 AM
^ Holy shit, I completely Hopefully, they'll devote an arc entirely to Urahara and Isshin's backstory after the Las Noches arc, so we get to see exactly what happened.

aye good idea would give a break in the main story so they can hav a time skip to the winter =P. I would also like to see kisukes story cos he rocks and has such a cool hat.

Aegiskiller
June 20, 2007, 12:13 PM
What I want to see.
-A Vizard release.
-An Espada release.
-Urahara's exile.
-An explentation as to why nobody notices Ichigo's name if his father was a shinigami.
-Aizen's past.
-Zangetsu (seriously when was the last time?)
-Kenpachi to learn the name of his zanpukto.
-The rest of the noble families.

woody_green
June 20, 2007, 08:29 PM
^ Holy shit, I completely forgot about that. I'd really like to see that, too--was it based on first-hand experience, or simply additional research?

At first I didn't notice it. But when I watched the anime again (ages ago :) ), I got over the shock of Aizen being the bad guy. That lead me to question on why he was very prepared. He was able to predict where Ichigo & Co. would land, what they would do, what the Gotei 13 would do, and all that jazz. You could never pull off taking over the world like that without some form of preparation.

Impel Down
June 20, 2007, 08:48 PM
The 99th way of destruction kidou.

Ripht
June 21, 2007, 02:51 AM
The 99th way of destruction kidou.

bit random 0.o.

I bet aizen got isshin, kisuke and yourchai exiled from SS cos they found out what he was doin and they were the only ones strong enough to stop him.

Kenchapi's released forms would be awesome to see.

chapapa
June 21, 2007, 06:53 AM
i hope to see no-mask-vastorode vs. Yama-jii 8)

Richo
June 21, 2007, 08:19 AM
wasnt the shiba family known for its fireworks and also being a noble family?`

and what i would like to see:
kenpachi his bankai
ìchigo being able to return his constant released zanpakatou to a normal zanpakatou
kisuke his bankai
yourichi her bankai
either of the vaizard their bankai

kuroi-san
June 21, 2007, 05:34 PM
the only thing i really hope ever happens in bleach is ichigo x orihime. that's the only thing i really care that much about. but, as far as just general coolness, everyone's bankais, more hollow fights, someone to turn on aizen (like in the espada), more matsumoto fanservice, an explanation as to why gin is so *#$^ing weird, kon again, yamamoto fighting, KYORAKU FIGHTING, kenpachi vs noitora, giant battle royale of gotei 13 vs espada 13 (by that i mean ten espada/aizen/gin/tousen), ishida to actually get beaten in a fight for once, orihime to beat someone in a fight, byakuya to die saving rukia or just him fighting again, ichigo vs zangetsu again after he nearly dies fighting one of the espada, ichigo learning how to do ceros, and tons more.

#1: ichigo x orihime
#2: yamamoto, kyouraku, byakuya fighting again
#3: more detail into the espada/aizen's goal (this one is most likely, considering it is a serious story element)
#4: a spinoff story of ulqiuorra just killing people forever (least likely, but ulquiorra is so @#^%ing cool)

Impel Down
June 23, 2007, 08:56 PM
Someone's release be a gun. That would be the ultimate shit!

Richo
June 27, 2007, 09:57 AM
there has been a bankai release with a gun~~
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5900/m7bleachchzznj2.jpg

mars0103
June 27, 2007, 11:14 AM
Someone's release be a gun. That would be the ultimate shit!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahaah

but i want a rocket laucher

Impel Down
June 27, 2007, 11:52 AM
there has been a bankai release with a gun~~
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5900/m7bleachchzznj2.jpg
I'm fairly certain that never happened.

Pollux
June 27, 2007, 01:26 PM
I agree with Richo, it happened, but not in a regular Bleach chapter. It was with chapter 245 by Maximum 7. Well, the image is the same but there is an extra description.
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7425/pistolbankaila3.th.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pistolbankaila3.jpg)

Richo
June 27, 2007, 04:07 PM
true, i removed that part to tease him abit but clearly he did not get the joke:(

Impel Down
June 27, 2007, 04:22 PM
yeah, I got the joke, it just was
A) not funny
B) seen it before
C) You're missing the fact that a gun release would be amazing

Slippers
June 28, 2007, 10:55 AM
Hmm...
I would like to see
Ichigo x Rukia
Isshin, and Urahara's story about what happened in SS
Who the former 11th captain was(was it Isshin?)
What's happening with Tastuki and Keigo now that they know Ichigo's secret and have talked to Urahara. And what's Urahara doing with them?

axel
June 29, 2007, 03:09 AM
aizens bankai
all the espada release
ichigo vs aizen

unluckyaaron
June 29, 2007, 09:18 AM
yeah, I got the joke, it just was
A) not funny
B) seen it before
C) You're missing the fact that a gun release would be amazing

cough cough, i thought it was pretty damn funny, though your reaction was more hilarious.

1. A good reason as to why Kubo overpowered Chad then had him mullered.
2. Ichigo use his brain in some battles rather than just powering up and then being shocked when he gets his butt kicked.
3. How zanpakutos are formed etc. with some extra detail, where they ex-shinigami hence their apparant knowledge like Zangetsu's.
4. A shinigami die, turn back into a human then go to soul society and become a shinigami again. (Just to see how the cycle works.)

woody_green
July 02, 2007, 04:09 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add this: I really want Ichigo to learn Kidou. He already has hand-to-hand combat, sword techniques and Shunpo, but for me, him learning Kidou would be a great advantage. And I want Rukia to teach him.

tidal_alchemist87
July 02, 2007, 04:47 PM
- Is Orihime's power Hollow-based, too, like Chad's?

Actually I 'm pretty just before the "HM arc" started the Big pink haired guy said that her powers are similar to a Vaizards abilities...

Richo
July 05, 2007, 02:01 PM
Actually I 'm pretty just before the "HM arc" started the Big pink haired guy said that her powers are similar to a Vaizards abilities...

nope her abilities are shinigami like as in making barriers (this is what hachi actualy meant), the hollow mask only augments the shinigami powers and adds certain hollow powers, inoue has shinigami like powers while chad has more hollow like.

Quartz-pebble
July 05, 2007, 09:33 PM
I agree with most of yours, Gigantor. This series has too much unanswered shit. :(

Although I have to add, why would Ishida, Chad, etc become vestigial while Keigo and Tatsuki gain powers and therefore extra story importance? I'd rather they become less important, though that isn't likely considering what happened before Ichigo left. He has a lot of shit to answer for when he gets back.

I think Chad, Ishida, Renji and Rukia just need to luck out and go against opponents that better suit their respective fighting styles. One might call that cliche and/or boring, but in my opinion, so is being constantly matched against people that'll beat your ass with ease(by -sheer- coincidence, of course. :P).

Impel Down
July 06, 2007, 08:26 PM
I'd like to learn why the Hollows all use Spanish all the time...it doesn't make sense, since they have no true language or anything.

Byaukugan01
July 07, 2007, 05:08 PM
I would say it is likely not actually spanish they use-given that this is from Japan, after all, I would guess that they use Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese or some other related language in the RAW. That said, having not seen a RAW of the chapters, I can't be sure about this.

Now, as for what I would like to see-
1. Rukia back! (#1 Favorite character)
2. Along the same lines-Rukia x Ichigo (Their personalities seem to go well together...at least they get along well)
3. The balance of the universe destroyed-or rather, it is found out that there is no NEED for a balance. For some reason, I sincerely doubt there have always been soul reapers...

However, I have a bad feeling Rukia is going to come back...but not as the Rukia we know. Say, an "evil" Rukia. Judging from what happened, they really don't want Ichigo to rescue her or recover her body. And she was rather obviously NOT "impaled upon a spear and cut to pieces". Unless they were talking figuratively "cut to pieces"...or maybe I'm just over analyzing things here. You guys think its possible she'll actually come back okay?

gigantor21
July 07, 2007, 05:22 PM
^ I don't just think it's possible--Kubo has to bring her back. Other Shinigami have survived much worse, so it wouldn't make sense for her to die from those wounds.

And that balance thing actually ties into why I want to see the origins of Soul Society. Considering how gravely Rukia put it, there must've been mass anarchy in all three realms before Soul Society was around. I'd really like to see how Yamamoto and Co. reigned it in. I don't think we'll get to see it until Yamamoto himself fights during the war, though, unless Urahara and Isshin's exile tie into it.

ShinobiWrath
July 07, 2007, 05:38 PM
Something else I wanted to add. I want to know the full extent of Chad's abilities. I know two of his arms are occupied with the defensive and offensive abilities known to be hollow-related. My question is, what of the rest of his body. Will Chad's entire body undergo a full transformation revealing a rare/extinct/undiscovered type of hollow or hybrid?

It came as an interesting thought but as far as it goes the answer would be miles ahead of the current events.

gigantor21
July 07, 2007, 06:06 PM
^ That would be fucking awesome. I really want to know what Kubo would do with it, if that is the case.

One more thing I'm wondering about; is it possible to have a perfect hybrid, who's powers are squarely between those of the Vaizards and the Arrancar? And could that be what Aizen becomes if he does hybridize himself (assuming he hasn't already)?

Impel Down
July 07, 2007, 09:25 PM
A Vaizard IS the perfect hybrid, aren't they? Beaause they have full access to all the powers of both sides.

But also, I'd like to see a Vasto Lorde, pre-arrancar.

gigantor21
July 07, 2007, 10:23 PM
^ Well, we don't know if they can eat other souls to nourish themselves, and somehow I doubt it. Nor do we know if Arrancar have zanpakuto avatars and the like. So I don't think either kind is entirely perfect, because it's not like they can use both Shinigami and Hollow powers all the time, or reflect basic biological (?) traits of both sides naturally. In that regard, I'd say the Arrancar are closer, but not by much.

Impel Down
July 07, 2007, 10:36 PM
Well, that's another reason Vaizards are good, because they don't have to rely on eating souls and spirit particles. And Vaizard can use both, sorta. The only difference is the release, it seems, but the hollowfication attitude makes up for the lack of actual hollow bodies. Plus, Vaizard can use kidou AND ceros/balas, so that gives them an advantage too. Hm..I wonder if a Vaizard can use a gan rey cero. That's another thing I want to see then: Ichigo using a gan rey cero.

ryderdm3
July 09, 2007, 09:20 PM
I want to see the beat down that Unohana is going to unleash on some poor Espada when the war finally breaks out.

ShinobiWrath
July 09, 2007, 09:24 PM
To add to The Vizard realsing thier zanpakutos i would say thier releases are much similar to Ichigo's. Instead of just thier swords transforming they tend to become a physical manifestation of thier Zanpakutou. Like Tensa Zangatsu. That's something I'd be willing to see.

barbapapa
July 10, 2007, 03:39 PM
Bleach is infested with loose ends by now, and we're seemingly not getting closer to solving any of them (if anything, Kubo keeps adding more). I don't have much hope left for this series.

Impel Down
July 10, 2007, 08:41 PM
I think this may just be things people want to see in general. I wouldn't mind seeing a real Espada v. Espada fight, not like that lame one between Ulquiorra and Grimmjow.

Comet the Wise
July 12, 2007, 05:19 AM
I stumbled across this thread while surfing the net. Maybe some sort of twist of fate?

-The three people in Urahara's shop. I wonder if they are really Shinigami who were expelled from the Soul Society like Urahara himself for different/same reasons. The big guy with a green apron and glasses used a Kidou spell on Ichigo when he was going through his half-hollow transformation, so what's that all about?

-Did Ichigo's father go willingly with Urahara, even though he may not have did anything wrong to be expelled, or was he lumped in with Urahara's downfalling and thrown out thusly?

-With Grimjaw's attitude, will he be that one character in the series that defects from the enemy faction to the friendly one just to bring it down? (this can also be said for the 3 digit Espeda, if they survived)

-Is the Soul Society just the a world of the dead for Japanese+everything else lore? Will we see any western shinigami or shinigami-esqe beings?

-Will this become as long and repetitive as Dragonball, to the point of where it becomes far too annoying for it's own good? (If so, I'm hoping it does to jinx this theory)

-Is the town that Ichigo and company grew up in some sort of hot spot, place of congregation, and/or place of exile for shinigami-like beings with spiritual energy?

-This theory goes partially with the above theory. How many other characters have we seen that live in this town are also spiritually adapt to the point of a Shinigami's level? What about Ichigo's teacher, or the rest of his class?

-Why are the Espeda really helping Aizen? Of course, he did help most of them acheive a new level of power beyond what the current Espeda had, but that doesn't mean that they must keep following under him, Gin, and Tosen. Does that fact that because they all gave up their otherworldy forms for absolutey power mean that Aizen has some sort of hold upon them that could mean their doom otherwise?

-Who will be replacing Tosen, Gin, and Aizen as Captains. There are many candidates, but who will it be? Or, rather, will that not even matter if Ichigo, Uryu, Sado Chad and Renji just suddenly find the means to wreck up the place?

-Is Nell Dangerous?

Sorry for not introducing myself beforehand.

kiddo7
July 12, 2007, 05:23 PM
What I would like to see/find out is:
What's the story with Gin and Rangiku
Tatsuki understanding and using her powers
Karin understanding and using her powers
Chad kicking major ass
Toushiro kicking major ass
Yachiru's release and then some ass kicking of her own
Hisagi shuhei's release
what is going on with Toushiro and Momo

Impel Down
July 12, 2007, 07:44 PM
I believe I can answer some of those:

1) Matsumoto was dying, and Gin saved her by giving her food, and they've been friends ever since
2) Chad v. Gamenbien
3) Toshiro v. Showlong/Luppi
4) Toshiro and Hinamori just lived together as kids

tidal_alchemist87
July 12, 2007, 09:26 PM
I wanna know more about the first shinigami's if possible. How was soul society formed exactly and by whom.

Richo
July 13, 2007, 04:52 AM
I stumbled across this thread while surfing the net. Maybe some sort of twist of fate?

-The three people in Urahara's shop. I wonder if they are really Shinigami who were expelled from the Soul Society like Urahara himself for different/same reasons. The big guy with a green apron and glasses used a Kidou spell on Ichigo when he was going through his half-hollow transformation, so what's that all about?

1. the 3 pple inside of urahara shop are his minions like the ones he did create during the fillers, they are nothing more then gigais with soul candy inside of them.

-Is the Soul Society just the a world of the dead for Japanese+everything else lore? Will we see any western shinigami or shinigami-esqe beings?

Dont go into deep on such things, so my answer is no there isnt another western style SS with western influence.

-Is the town that Ichigo and company grew up in some sort of hot spot, place of congregation, and/or place of exile for shinigami-like beings with spiritual energy?
like has been told earlier: there will always been a place where every creature has a higher amount of spiritual power then usual, this spot also moves with time.

-This theory goes partially with the above theory. How many other characters have we seen that live in this town are also spiritually adapt to the point of a Shinigami's level? What about Ichigo's teacher, or the rest of his class?
so far we have:Orihime Inoue, Yasutora Sado, Yasutora Sado, Mizuiro Kojima, Tatsuki Arisawa, Karin Kurosaki, Yuzu Kurosaki. these pple have been affected (partialy) with ichigo his high spirit power thus being able to sense hollows and other high spirit level creatures.

-Why are the Espeda really helping Aizen? Of course, he did help most of them acheive a new level of power beyond what the current Espeda had, but that doesn't mean that they must keep following under him, Gin, and Tosen. Does that fact that because they all gave up their otherworldy forms for absolutey power mean that Aizen has some sort of hold upon them that could mean their doom otherwise?
the hollows and arrancar follow Aizen for 1 reason only, witch his Aizen is fearless he doesnt know fear (and ofcourse his power to dominate and lead the hollow into destroying SS ), in short they all fear aizen his power and lack off fear witch they aknowledge as a unique something (all hollows are born with fear as that is the only puprose they exist)

-Who will be replacing Tosen, Gin, and Aizen as Captains. There are many candidates, but who will it be? Or, rather, will that not even matter if Ichigo, Uryu, Sado Chad and Renji just suddenly find the means to wreck up the place?
at this moment the only candidates are: Renji and ikkaku (ikkaku isnt a real candidate as no one beside renji and yumichika do know he has a bankai), you atleast need bankai to become a captain of SS (1 exception in their whole histoy being zaraki kenpachi)

t0kid0ki
July 13, 2007, 08:24 AM
:gigglebunny i would like to see who ichigo chooses in the end :lovebunny

and i also wanna kno more about isshin daddy :occa

Comet the Wise
July 13, 2007, 11:37 PM
1. the 3 pple inside of urahara shop are his minions like the ones he did create during the fillers, they are nothing more then gigais with soul candy inside of them.

Dont go into deep on such things, so my answer is no there isnt another western style SS with western influence.

like has been told earlier: there will always been a place where every creature has a higher amount of spiritual power then usual, this spot also moves with time.

so far we have:Orihime Inoue, Yasutora Sado, Yasutora Sado, Mizuiro Kojima, Tatsuki Arisawa, Karin Kurosaki, Yuzu Kurosaki. these pple have been affected (partialy) with ichigo his high spirit power thus being able to sense hollows and other high spirit level creatures.

the hollows and arrancar follow Aizen for 1 reason only, witch his Aizen is fearless he doesnt know fear (and ofcourse his power to dominate and lead the hollow into destroying SS ), in short they all fear aizen his power and lack off fear witch they aknowledge as a unique something (all hollows are born with fear as that is the only puprose they exist)

at this moment the only candidates are: Renji and ikkaku (ikkaku isnt a real candidate as no one beside renji and yumichika do know he has a bankai), you atleast need bankai to become a captain of SS (1 exception in their whole histoy being zaraki kenpachi)

Thanks for answering some of my questions.

Tallus Rip
July 18, 2007, 03:47 AM
-I'd like to see Ichigo stay a lone wolf, right through the end of the series.
--(Rukia is a very close friend, definitely, but I could never see them romantically involved. I won't argue if it happens though =P Orihime's too much of a little-sister figure to Ichigo, from everything I've seen and read throughout the Bleach universe. It would be...incredibly wrong if Ichigo ever returned her feelings. Besides, I think Orihime's just confusing "love" with "hero worship." Happens all the time.)

-How did Hitsugaya become a Captain when, at least by Momo's memories, he didn't even show interest in Shinigami school when she was attending?

-Is Isshin the previous Captain 11 squad leader? We already know Urahara was Captain of squad 12, but the face of the 11th Captain has never been shown in any of the flashbacks to Kenpachi beating him up.

-Is Ichigo really a Vaizard?
--(Sure, they helped him out and assimilated him into their group (at least by their opinion) but Ichigo's powers came to be in an entirely different way from any character type shown so far. Hollows are restless spirits, Arrancar are modified Hollows...Vaizard are ex-Shinigami who obtained Hollow powers in illegal ways...but Ichigo became a Hollow AND a Shinigami at the same moment. I've never really been able to associate him with any of the other types.)

-What does Ochigi/Shirosaki really mean by "I AM Zangetsu."?
--(By my own reading/watching, again, I've come to understand that Zangetsu and Ochigi are one and the same, but just different sides of the same coin. If that's the case, Ochigi should've been around just as long as Ichigo's had Zangetsu...and if Zangetsu was just dormant within Ichigo's spiritual energy/reiatsu until Rukia came along, then is it possible Ochigi/Zangetsu have been within Ichigo, 'asleep' since birth? If that's the case, then Ichigo's definatly not a Vaizard, since he's had Hollow powers without needing to modify himself like they did.)

-If Isshin is right in saying that Captains have to supress the size of their Zanpakuto because of their huge reiatsu, then why is it that Rukia is still so shocked at the size of Ichigo's at the beginning of the story?
--(Surely any Shinigami would know Captains suppress the size of their swords...is Rukia just uninformed or was Isshin just exaggerating his statement because Arrancar!Grand Fisher's sword was so big? Honestly I just think the sword was big because it had to accommodate Grand Fisher's size...it would be pretty retarded for something that big to have a human-sized katana.)

-With the above in mind, before a Captain actually becomes a Captain and learns to control the size of their Zanpakuto, wouldn't it just be possible that Captains are chosen and then tested based on the fact that their swords are so big?
--(I ask this only because I'm under the assumption that Shinigami powers have a cap, wheras Hollow powers are not, hence Ichigo's ability to get infinitely stronger without limit, unlike any Shinigami. Isshin's statement to Grand Fisher really screwed up continuity if he's telling the truth.)

-Will Renji apply to be a Captain?

-Ishida's Quincy powers sure were easy to restore. Why was his dad so willing to suddenly help him regain them when he had no pride in them himself?

-Ishida x Orihime? I think win. Ishida seems to like Orihime well enough...he at least treats her much differently than everyone else does.

-Did Yoruichi ever explain why she abandoned Soi Fon?
--(It may have been but I ENTIRELY don't recall it...all I remember is Soi Fon asking the question.)

-What will Ichigo think or do when he finally finds out that his dear ol idiot father is an exCaptain?

-Given everything that's happened so far in Bleach, and what may be yet to come, will Ichigo "die" and be reborn as a Shinigami? Compounded by the fact that he's beaten several Captains, wouldn't it be possible that Ichigo take over the #1 spot? He's already supposed to be Captain of 11th squad, as well as 12th, considering a Captain can be made by defeating the previous one.

-How did Tousen cut off Grimmjow's arm with so much ease when he couldn't even beat Zaraki? Futhermore, if Ichigo can beat Zaraki, and Zaraki can beat Tousen, wouldn't that mean Ichigo would whoop on Grimmjow even before Vaizard training?

Drama and continuity aside, Kubo is crazy =/

gigantor21
July 18, 2007, 06:46 AM
^ I believe I can address a few of those.

On Rukia and the Zanpakuto sizes: Well, I look at it like this; the main thing is that we don't know how the sizing process really works. Learning how to repress the Zanpakuto's size may be a natural extension of learning Shikai or Bankai, if it's not a constant release sword. I could very well imagine the unreleased Zangetsu being bus-sized now, because Ichigo has much more reiatsu.

But that's just a theory. I doubt that Kubo will give any real explanation, because it's not a very important plot point to tighten up.

On Tousen - I think all of the ex-captains have been hybridized. Otherwise, as you say, that scene wouldn't make any sense. And the other 2 wouldn't have any real authority, because they'd only be stronger than Yammi at best. That one, Kubo definitely has to get into.

On Ryuuken - His giving Ishiad his powers back were, in some fucked-up way, his form of affection. I think he wanted Ishida to decide for himself what he wanted to do, rather than having his life dictated by a mistake from his past. I still hate the fucking bastard, though.

On Renji - Unless he can beat Byakuya, he's probably going to stay put. I see him thinking in the same way as Ikkaku on that. And besides, since he can't use the "beat a captain" out like Zaraki, his recklessness during the SS Arc would probably hurt his chances badly.

On the pairings - I want Ichigo to stay single, too. As much as I like Rukia and Orihime, the last thing we need is contrived, shojou-style romance. In that vein, Ishida x Orihime doesn't seem very likely, because she's too much of an Ichitard to turn like that. But if he rebuffs her after she finally makes a move, who knows?

no_bacot
July 18, 2007, 10:16 AM
dont know if some1 said this already....but the only thing tat i wanna see before it ends is tat..

Uruharas zanpakuto's avatar.....

it wuld be relle sweet i reckon...:darn

Richo
July 18, 2007, 12:54 PM
-How did Hitsugaya become a Captain when, at least by Momo's memories, he didn't even show interest in Shinigami school when she was attending?
well living they way he was back or he did choose to live a rich life as a shinigami, my choice would be obvious to start showing some interest in it.

-Is Isshin the previous Captain 11 squad leader? We already know Urahara was Captain of squad 12, but the face of the 11th Captain has never been shown in any of the flashbacks to Kenpachi beating him up.
nope, zaraki did kill the last 11th squad captain with 1 attack with 250 pple seeing it and also the captain commandar.

--(Sure, they helped him out and assimilated him into their group (at least by their opinion) but Ichigo's powers came to be in an entirely different way from any character type shown so far. Hollows are restless spirits, Arrancar are modified Hollows...Vaizard are ex-Shinigami who obtained Hollow powers in illegal ways...but Ichigo became a Hollow AND a Shinigami at the same moment. I've never really been able to associate him with any of the other types.)
the name vaizard is a reference for the group of shinigami who obtained hollow powers, like the arrancar are for the hollows who did achieve shinigami powers.

--(By my own reading/watching, again, I've come to understand that Zangetsu and Ochigi are one and the same, but just different sides of the same coin. If that's the case, Ochigi should've been around just as long as Ichigo's had Zangetsu...and if Zangetsu was just dormant within Ichigo's spiritual energy/reiatsu until Rukia came along, then is it possible Ochigi/Zangetsu have been within Ichigo, 'asleep' since birth? If that's the case, then Ichigo's definatly not a Vaizard, since he's had Hollow powers without needing to modify himself like they did.)
shirosaki and zangetsu are the same being, shirosaki being the hollow (evil part) and zangetsu (the good part) shinigami part, ichigo gained his hollow part when he obtained his own shinigami powers.

-If Isshin is right in saying that Captains have to supress the size of their Zanpakuto because of their huge reiatsu, then why is it that Rukia is still so shocked at the size of Ichigo's at the beginning of the story?
--(Surely any Shinigami would know Captains suppress the size of their swords...is Rukia just uninformed or was Isshin just exaggerating his statement because Arrancar!Grand Fisher's sword was so big? Honestly I just think the sword was big because it had to accommodate Grand Fisher's size...it would be pretty retarded for something that big to have a human-sized katana.)
most shinigami have low energy levels at the start so they cant have a big sword to begin with, ichigo didnt have a normal shinigami sword from the start as rukia saw him the first time whe he got his powers witch a sword as tall as ichigo himself (that is what surprised rukia), renji was surprised probably by the fact that a shinigami with no shikai and such low spiritual power (at that moment) could have such a big sword (and even if the shinigami had such high spirit level he would had made his sword smaller)

probably, whenever SS decides to assign new captains renji will be one of them.

-Ishida's Quincy powers sure were easy to restore. Why was his dad so willing to suddenly help him regain them when he had no pride in them himself?
his quincy powers easy to restore? there was only 1 way to restore his powers by nearly killing him, and ishida is still his son after all.

-Did Yoruichi ever explain why she abandoned Soi Fon?
--(It may have been but I ENTIRELY don't recall it...all I remember is Soi Fon asking the question.)
yoruichi was a very good friend off urahara and they probably had their reasons to leave, we dont know anything more about it.

-What will Ichigo think or do when he finally finds out that his dear ol idiot father is an exCaptain?
he will be very surprised, and on the other hand he wont as he probably still wonders how he could have shinigami powers as a human.

-Given everything that's happened so far in Bleach, and what may be yet to come, will Ichigo "die" and be reborn as a Shinigami? Compounded by the fact that he's beaten several Captains, wouldn't it be possible that Ichigo take over the #1 spot? He's already supposed to be Captain of 11th squad, as well as 12th, considering a Captain can be made by defeating the previous one.
as far we know right now ichigo is dead already, not being human anymore he only uses his human body as a gigai like the shinigami do (when youre sould chain gets detached from youre human body you are dead)

-How did Tousen cut off Grimmjow's arm with so much ease when he couldn't even beat Zaraki? Futhermore, if Ichigo can beat Zaraki, and Zaraki can beat Tousen, wouldn't that mean Ichigo would whoop on Grimmjow even before Vaizard training?
grimjow wasnt paying attention so his steel skin doesnt work then (it requires a certain amount of concentration to maintain it and also reiatsu).
tousen would not stand a chance in a open fight against grimjow probably IF he would not had become stronger since then.

Tallus Rip
July 19, 2007, 04:04 AM
nope, zaraki did kill the last 11th squad captain with 1 attack with 250 pple seeing it and also the captain commandar.

Was the previous Captain actually killed, or just beaten? My understanding is that he was just beaten. I could see that as being a valid reason for why, if Isshin was the last Captain, he would retire to the real world.

the name vaizard is a reference for the group of shinigami who obtained hollow powers, like the arrancar are for the hollows who did achieve shinigami powers.

I understand that much, but Ichigo isn't either of those types. He's had a Hollow within him at LEAST since Rukia physically turned him into a Shinigami and he obtained Zangetsu. The Vaizard illegally obtained those powers, I'd like to say artificially..perhaps corrupting their souls or something.

probably, whenever SS decides to assign new captains renji will be one of them.

I dunno, I highly doubt the Gotei 13 will just start telling folks that they're gonna be Captains. Potential Captains are supposed to apply, at least according to Renji's conversation with Ikkaku about the same thing.

his quincy powers easy to restore? there was only 1 way to restore his powers by nearly killing him, and ishida is still his son after all.

I say it's easy because Rukia gave Ichigo his Shinigami powers in the flesh by sticking his soul with her Zanpakuto. Ishida basically had to take a line-shot to the heart with a Quincy arrow. Relatively speaking, it was VERY easy to return Ishida's power...his father just made him work for it...yet I still can't understand his father's motivation for doing so. The two of them weren't even so close as friends for most, if not all of Ishida's life...having his father suddenly offer help, especially regarding an ability he had seemingly forsaken, is so entirely random that there must be a better reason than "Ishida is still his son."

yoruichi was a very good friend off urahara and they probably had their reasons to leave, we dont know anything more about it.

I don't recall anything about Urahara in any of the Soi Fon/Yoruichi flashbacks..did I miss something?

he will be very surprised, and on the other hand he wont as he probably still wonders how he could have shinigami powers as a human.

Actually, I seriously doubt Ichigo will just be surprised. I mean, all things considered, Ichigo would probably want to beat the everliving crap out of Isshin for hiding that power all this time...allowing the family to be in danger when there was no need for it, allowing Ichigo's mom to die at the hands of a Hollow he so easilly beat as an ARRANCAR in the present story. I'm sure surprise will be an obvious first reaction...but what next? Will Ichigo hate or resent his father? Will he simply dismiss it as another crazy twist in his life, after already experiencing so many?

as far we know right now ichigo is dead already, not being human anymore he only uses his human body as a gigai like the shinigami do (when youre sould chain gets detached from youre human body you are dead)

I'm gonna disagree on the dead part. Urahara makes fake bodies, sure, but he doesn't go stealing cadavers to make look like the shinigami they'll be carrying in the real world. Ichigo's still alive even when his soul and body are apart...a soul is only really "dead" when their bodies disappear, as far as I can tell, otherwise...how would Ichigo be able to restore his own life constantly without consequence? The only reason Ichigo had a chain attached to his chest during the Shattered Shaft training was because he had lost his Shinigami power at that time...so he had no other form than that of his raw soul in the real world. The chain disappeared when he regained his power.

Point being, when Ichigo actually dies, and his physical body decays to dirt, what will Ichigo's soul do after that? Somehow I doubt he'll start from scratch in the outer districts where the Soul Society arc started, but I wonder if he'll accept a role within the Gotei 13 before his actual death.

Anywho, adding to my past list..

-I'd like to see why Isshin went out of his way to remain neutral in all of Ichigo's battles before now. He had every opportunity to become a Shinigami and destroy the Hollow that attacked his home and family at the beginning of the story, yet he chose not to. This is even despite Ichigo not having Shinigami powers awakened by Rukia yet.
-I'd like to see the characters age a bit ;p Maybe end the Las Noches arc and then (as much as I hate to reference this anime/manga) do a time jump to a few years in the future just like Naruto.
-I wanna see Shirosaki take over Ichigo completely for a while, maybe even be a badguy for the other characters. I could see a lot of fun coming from the threat of having to chose between killing your nakama or being killed by him.
-I'd like to see the possibility of Urahara, Yoruichi and Isshin regaining their status as Captains to replace those who were killed or abandoned Gotei 13. Sure, they won't have the option of regaining their previous squad, but any Captain can adapt. I could see at least Soi Fon relinquishing her status to Yoruichi if the possibility arose.

Richo
July 19, 2007, 04:53 AM
Was the previous Captain actually killed, or just beaten? My understanding is that he was just beaten. I could see that as being a valid reason for why, if Isshin was the last Captain, he would retire to the real world.
Tousen did say the previous 11th squad captain was killed by zaraki within 1 hit.

I understand that much, but Ichigo isn't either of those types. He's had a Hollow within him at LEAST since Rukia physically turned him into a Shinigami and he obtained Zangetsu. The Vaizard illegally obtained those powers, I'd like to say artificially..perhaps corrupting their souls or something.
rukia gave ichigo artificial shinigami powers witch weren his, and if you did pay attention to what zangetsu said about the shinigami powers.
Byakuga did destroy the shinigami powers rukia did give to ichigo AND only those, ichigo always had his own shinigami powers but never was able to use them as he still is a living being, shirosaki was awakend the same time when ichigo aquired his shinigami powers (the process to give ichigo shinigami powers required a life threating situations as in transforming into the being ichigo feared and hated most: a Hollow).
We dont know how the vaizard aquired their hollow powers, so we can judge about nor say anything about it (or use it as a fact)

I say it's easy because Rukia gave Ichigo his Shinigami powers in the flesh by sticking his soul with her Zanpakuto. Ishida basically had to take a line-shot to the heart with a Quincy arrow. Relatively speaking, it was VERY easy to return Ishida's power...his father just made him work for it...yet I still can't understand his father's motivation for doing so. The two of them weren't even so close as friends for most, if not all of Ishida's life...having his father suddenly offer help, especially regarding an ability he had seemingly forsaken, is so entirely random that there must be a better reason than "Ishida is still his son."`
a quincy that lost his powers to the "quincy`final form" the only way to restore them is pressing his physical and mental powers to the limit and then shooting a specefic arrow into the right part of his body. i dont call this very easy?

I don't recall anything about Urahara in any of the Soi Fon/Yoruichi flashbacks..did I miss something?
anime 41-50 somewhere in those there are a few flashbacks.

lilkwarrior
July 21, 2007, 08:43 AM
With the conversation with Urahara after killing Grand Fisher, unless I have deeply forgotten, it seems that Isshin had lost some of his power for quite some time. I have to say he was a good actor of appearing useless. His mom seemed to see Hollows herself, especially if he tried to protect Ichigo from Grand Fisher. Before Bleach ends, I want to know if she was anything other than a human that got her powers awakened by close proximity of a Shinigami like how Chad & Orihime's powers got awakened by being around Ichigo's strong spritual energy. Even Tatsuki start seeing souls considerably better by being around Ichigo (or respectfully Orihime). I can certainly guess that Ichigo's other sister can see souls considerablly better since the beginning of the Anime being in the house with Isshin's awakened powers, Ichigo's strong power, & Karin's. (Does she already can see ghosts clear now? I think she does but can't be 100% sure, I swore she saw Chad, Shinigami Ichigo, and Uryuu leave to Heuco Mundo..)

variety927
July 21, 2007, 06:49 PM
-is shinji bald?

Eyefarted2
August 15, 2007, 02:09 AM
all of the female characters naked!

SOCKSnTHONGS
August 16, 2007, 06:54 AM
ulqiorra finding some sort of bankai for arrancars

genkigemini
September 05, 2007, 01:41 AM
What I want to see... (Now that I just read the entire manga in 4 days... (my eyes are tired.))

1. Ichigo x Rukia
2. More about Ichigo's dad being a shinigami.
3. More about Karin's abilities. (I want to see her become really badass too!)
4. Rukia must come back at full power and be okay. *SOB*
5. Orihime doing something really cool to save everyone...
6. Uryuu x Orihime
7. Aizen DEAD!!!!!!!! (Like, cut into pieces!!!!):darn

Ahh... I want to see so much more, I guess.

PredatorNar
September 05, 2007, 05:19 AM
I want to see if there is a 3rd release (rumor says it's called Genkai). I also want to see Shunsui, Ukitake and Yamamoto's bankais.

gigantor21
September 05, 2007, 08:27 AM
Here are a few off the wall ones that I really want to see, but probably won't happen:

Orihime flipping out and killing an Arrancar with Tsubaki.
- Despite the fact that her healing powers "transcend God's will", I highly doubt she'd be able to do that--she's not the type to get pissed, she hates violence, and Kubo has been de-emphasizing Tsubaki's importance for years now. It just won't stick.

Ichigo learning to manipulate the 4 Shinigami Arts with his Bankai.
- I see this as essential to defeating Aizen, since he's basically maxed out in every stat and a shitload of reiatsu can't (or rather, shouldn't) break the Hypnosis. But all we've seen out of him since he's got the mask is the same typical shonen excess, so I doubt Kubo will change gears like that.

The Unhybridized Vastorode utilized in an Anime filler arc/movie.
- I don't want to see the random"human interest" bullshit they were shoving down our throats last time. Nor do I want to see more uninspired Numeros shooting the shit with the SS forces on Earth. I want them to try something bold with the unadressed aspects of the series, and do a good job with it. But just like with Naruto, they'll just make more skippable nonsense because a huge chunk of the target audience (Japanese pre-teens) will probably watch it anyway. So there's no point in hoping for it.

Anyone else got stuff they want to see, but don't expect to?

variety927
September 06, 2007, 09:13 PM
-All Vaizards released forms fighting against all Espada released forms
-Ulqiourras released form
-The place (forgot what its called) where the King lives
-I want to see Nells released form where she looks like an adult. Now THAT would be AWESOME.
-I WANT TO SEE ALL PLOT HOLES FILLED.

Raimaru
September 07, 2007, 12:26 PM
During the SS arc Hitsugaya fought against Gin once. During this fight Gin mentions Hitsugaya to be a kind of reincarnation of a divine entity of a shinigami prophecy. It's like every 1000 years there's a guy who kicks ass for free ...
In anime you see some flashbacks of Hitsugaya and Momo, where you see the even more little Toushiro eating a big bunch of melons. Remember? Only people who are able to use reiatsu are hungry in SS, and Toushiro was damn hungry back then - he ate one melon after another. Maybe he needed to increase his reiatsu container, meaning his body, to handle the huge powers he is capable of. And when he got to the point he's ready it made "bang" in his head and he just shouted the name of his sword out and had captain class powers a moment later. Then he just went straight to Seireitei and they just asked him if he want to do "the job". He is like a hyper-genius who just needed to load his power.

Definetly not. The 11th died. And I don't think Isshin would lose to Kenpachi.

I think he is, but a very powerful one, since his transformation was "special".

I think becoming Vaizard isn't possible for all shinigamis. Only "gifted" ones are able to reach this level since their shinigami self is already "tainted" right from the start.

At Rukia's point of view in the first episode Ichigo was just a stranger who "borrowed" mid-class shinigami powers from an injured shinigami girl. Instead he mixed with his own reiatsu and therefore he boosted his powers, which surprised Rukia. She expected a zanpakuto which was just as big as hers.

-With the above in mind, before a Captain actually becomes a Captain and learns to control the size of their Zanpakuto, wouldn't it just be possible that Captains are chosen and then tested based on the fact that their swords are so big?
--(I ask this only because I'm under the assumption that Shinigami powers have a cap, wheras Hollow powers are not, hence Ichigo's ability to get infinitely stronger without limit, unlike any Shinigami. Isshin's statement to Grand Fisher really screwed up continuity if he's telling the truth.)
I think they start to control the size far long before they reach vize-captain level. (yes, vize). It's just a matter of controlling the own reiatsu.

I think it's necessary since captain-class shinigami (with bankai) became rare these days. Besides, winter is coming ...

He won't find it out. He is too dumb at such things. I think they will tell him at a point when he has no time to think about it.

When his body dies he will continue to be a shinigami. He just won't be able to live a normal human life in the material world anymore. And he didn't beat Kenpachi in front of the required amount of 11th squad members. And what about the 12th...?

Easy explained. If Grimmjow would dare to fight back, Aizen would kill him in a quarter of a second before he reaches Tousen. Fighting Tousen is equal with fighting Aizen - therefore impossible for Grimmjow.

Darek Khort
September 09, 2007, 03:29 AM
As for myself.
Basically what most people said is what I'm looking forward to.

I want to also see if the whole King thing isn't just a ruse.
I mean...Aizen's fooled everybody one with his zanpakutou, I've always had the feeling that perhaps the whole King thing is a fake too, or maybe there's some detail that isn't correct that Aizen manipulated.

no chapter discussion outside the discussion/prediction threads till monday 0.00 gmt+0 please

Shadowgorath
September 10, 2007, 07:21 PM
I definitely want them to explain how Ruppi automatically became the 6th Espada, straight from being a random arrancar. I'd like to see who the vastolordes are. The King of Soul Society would be nice to see. However, the one thing which is just a hope of mine is for them to reveal Ulquiorra's superiority over the Espada, and that it's all just a big illusion, either that or that Aizen is Ulquiorra.

dreamzsai
September 11, 2007, 05:33 AM
Definetly hope to see
>All Captains' Bankai
>Yourichi and Kisuke's Bankai....
>Afro-san release at least once in the anime =P
>Some major characters actually dying for real and for good(if Rukia doesnt really die)
>More major characters actually dying for real and for good(if Rukia dies)
>Second release for Arrancars
>More Kidous being used

dandy65
September 13, 2007, 04:28 AM
Bankais by:
-Aizen
-Yamamoto
-Urahara
-Gin
-Hinamori(:D:D)
-Youruichi(she should have one?)
-Ukitake
-Shunsui
-Unohana
-Matsumoto (ash tiger! lol)
-Isshin

Shikai by :
-Zaraki (Please, maybe just a measly shikai? :|)
-Unohana
-Isshin

Releases by :
-All the Espada
-All the Vizards
-Quincy dad going God-mode

Others :
- Will Urahara ever start showing us how he owns others?
- Will Urahara ever enter Soul Society again?
- How does Yamamoto get those pecs??
- Can Aizen teach me hypnosis? ;)
- A big battle between all Espadas and their Fraccion against the 13 captains and their Division's Shinigami...Lawl.
- Isshin, Quincy-dad, Urahara and Youruichi's past
- Hitsugaya's ice melting in front of Yamamoto's fire.
- Orihime learning offensive skills.
- Chad becoming a world-class weightlifter

Askia32
September 14, 2007, 05:08 PM
I wanna see Rukia's and Ichigo's dad's bankai's. And I wanna see Ichigo and Rukia hook up.

Impel Down
September 15, 2007, 08:12 PM
Itachi? Wrong manga.

And more than anything, even more than Neliel, Orihime, Matsumoto, Yourichi, Halibel, and whoever else you want to add naked, I want to see every. single. Vaizard. in. a. serious. amazing. fight.

Askia32
September 16, 2007, 01:07 AM
Sorry, fixed it

dandy65
September 16, 2007, 02:19 AM
Seriously though, I would like to see the authors change in a comicstrip anniversary or something so Kubo draws Naruto in Bleach manga etc. It'd be so fun.

Yeah I'd like other comic characters in Bleach(E.g Itachi/Naruto/Tezuka/Inuyasha/Luffy)

Impel Down
September 16, 2007, 07:45 AM
...Oda doing Bleach...that would be incredible.

Kazuho
September 16, 2007, 03:20 PM
i would actually like to see someone die...that NEVER HAPPENS...

i mean, Kaien Shiba died but we really knew nothing about him...there needs to be some suspense! some drama! come on! if someone actually died then everyone would be like...

"*gasp!* Ukitake-san died!!! NOOOO! wuts happening next!!! i must know!!! RRRAAAARGH!"

see what im sayin....

shinigami_girl_666
September 27, 2007, 06:03 PM
Not really a question i want answered, but I really REALLY wanna see a serious Rukia x Ichigo moment. like a kiss or something.

and as for a question, what's gin's real plan? i mean almost everything he does is in his own best interest. so why the hell would he go with Aizen if there's nothing in it for him? either aizen's doing something for him that we don't know about or Gin's got his own ideas that Aizen may or may not know about.

if any of these things, please, let me know without too much spoiling. im just an adult-swim watcher thats in on a few spoilers.

radical3113
September 27, 2007, 08:36 PM
can shinigami get "jiggy with it???:D " because kaien was married....remember thats why he went after that hollow. and if they can, can they give birth :s ???

when souls die where do they go???

does ichigo's dad live in a gigai or is he in the same situation as ichigo where he is technically still alive???????????????

i dont understand how one of the captains has a fox head but i accept it . although what the hell is mayuri ....... i mean he's not even an animal.

who chopped off kuukaku's arm?

why is rukongai so poor i thought it was supposed to be heaven ??????

how come rukia's flash back show her and renji as kids did they die as children and if they did how come they grew up after their death. she said she was hundreds of years old the first time ichigo spoke to her. and if they did grow how come toshirou stayed the same size or is he not hundreds of years old????????:s

if there is a king what the hell is he there for ????

we've seen ss, earth and even hueco mundo but why not hell. we saw the gates of hell a long time ago how come nothing has emergered from there????

i really wanna see the plot holes filled more than i wanna see releases or shikais,bankais or genkais
i also wanna see a lot of characters die
i also wanna see urahara put on his vizard mask ( i think we all know deep down he's a vizard i mean come on those red cero-like blasts his exile from ss and his secretive bankai besides no normal shinigami capt could hve made a hougyku)

kubo pls fill the plot holes or i will find out where u live and inconvenience you by knocking on your door and escaping before ur able to answer. :o
bwa ha ha ha :Haha

ttxdragon
September 28, 2007, 05:14 AM
can shinigami get "jiggy with it???:D " because kaien was married....remember thats why he went after that hollow. and if they can, can they give birth :s ???

Since there are Clans of noble blood in SS, i guess they can.

when souls die where do they go???

Get reborn into the real world

i dont understand how one of the captains has a fox head but i accept it . although what the hell is mayuri ....... i mean he's not even an animal.

Dunno about foxy, but mayuri is a human using that weird outfit as a kind of genetical 'battle suit'. (We've seen him shower [at least in the anime, can't remember if it's been in the manga]. But I believe the anime on this one...)

why is rukongai so poor i thought it was supposed to be heaven ?

If life is bad, who says the afterlife is better? It's not like 'heaven' always means it's a place where nobody has to suffer. It's a common misconception people believing in afterlife have. They don't take into account that the afterlife could be something different than what religions tell you to make you follow them.
I don't see a reason for explanations there.

how come rukia's flash back show her and renji as kids did they die as children and if they did how come they grew up after their death. she said she was hundreds of years old the first time ichigo spoke to her. and if they did grow how come toshirou stayed the same size or is he not hundreds of years old? :s

The flashback has shown them as children, we know that Rukia at least was an infant in rukongai and abandoned by her sister... Now whether Rukia and her Sister died in some accident together so that they were getting into rukongai together or whether rukia was born in rukongai - no way of telling.

For Hitsugaya: He has grown since his flashbacks, not much, but that's likely because it ain't as far back as Rukias or Renjis.

guess that's all i can answer of that right now ^^;

KyleUchiha
September 28, 2007, 02:43 PM
Bankais by:
-Aizen
-Yamamoto
-Urahara
-Gin
-Hinamori(:D:D)
-Youruichi(she should have one?)
-Ukitake
-Shunsui
-Unohana
-Matsumoto (ash tiger! lol)
-Isshin

Shikai by :
-Zaraki (Please, maybe just a measly shikai? :|)
-Unohana
-Isshin

Releases by :
-All the Espada
-All the Vizards
-Quincy dad going God-mode

Others :
- Will Urahara ever start showing us how he owns others?
- Will Urahara ever enter Soul Society again?
- How does Yamamoto get those pecs??
- Can Aizen teach me hypnosis? ;)
- A big battle between all Espadas and their Fraccion against the 13 captains and their Division's Shinigami...Lawl.
- Isshin, Quincy-dad, Urahara and Youruichi's past
- Hitsugaya's ice melting in front of Yamamoto's fire.
- Orihime learning offensive skills.
- Chad becoming a world-class weightlifter

Almost all of that, plus see Rukia get Bankai, as well as Kenpachi.

And actually see Chad get his due. He deserves to win more important battles ,and then not get beaten the following battle like he was nothing more than an insect.

Vasto Lordes going all out with the Captains of SS.

And little back story on Urahara.

Probably more, can't think of anything else.

Kazuho
September 29, 2007, 01:41 AM
Not really a question i want answered, but I really REALLY wanna see a serious Rukia x Ichigo moment. like a kiss or something.

not that im really sayin this will happen. but my take on the rukia/ichigo relationship is more like family than lovers... To be honost, i think its more likely for him and Inoue to be together. Although im not partial toward either direction. I mean look at how the way Ichigo looks and treats Inoue vs. how he does with Rukie... its quite obvious...

OH! and i agree with everything ttxdragon said ^^

ShinobiWrath
September 30, 2007, 08:07 AM
not that im really sayin this will happen. but my take on the rukia/ichigo relationship is more like family than lovers... To be honost, i think its more likely for him and Inoue to be together. Although im not partial toward either direction. I mean look at how the way Ichigo looks and treats Inoue vs. how he does with Rukie... its quite obvious...

OH! and i agree with everything ttxdragon said ^^

I agree whole-heartedly, I'e always seen Rukia as a little sister who talks too much [like Ichigo needs another one of those].

I want to see Shibata[parakeet kid] reunited with his mother.

I want to see Gin die in Rangiku's arms.

I want to see Kenpachi learn his sword's name whilst fighting in the winter war just before delivering the last blow to an espada/vasto lorde then die protecting Yachiru.

I want to see Pesshe Gambatama......whatever the hell his name his, I wanna see his right eye!!!!!

Super Angillis
September 30, 2007, 12:01 PM
Legitamate social and judicial reforms in the Soul Socity.
Also they need 3 captians to replace the 3 that deserted right? Well there are 3 former captians in Karukara town. I figure that once the situation gets desperate they can reinstate them.

radical3113
October 04, 2007, 12:05 PM
but kisuke might want his old job back if he's reinstated and mayuri wont like that.

all i wanna see before bleach finishes is ichigo's 16 birthday ......err.....if he lives that long at least.

Super Angillis
October 04, 2007, 06:14 PM
I didn't say anything about reinstating them to former posistions. Rather having them take over the divisions that need captians. And I kinda doubt Urahara want's to be in charge of the research institute anymore. I think he'd prefer to avoid the scruiteny.

Impel Down
October 04, 2007, 08:13 PM
I just thought of this, but a full-out Espada v. Espada fight, like not like Ulquiorra v. Grimmjow, but everything. Ceros, swords, releases, everything. And Stark should be in it.

gigantor21
December 12, 2007, 01:19 AM
*In Shuma-Gorath Voice* REVITALIZATION!!

- I want to see an important Espada (Ulq, #1) get to release without it being a death sentence.
- I want a full explanation on how souls age.
- I want a timeline on Soul Society and Las Noches, with actual dates, from their conception to the series' end.
- I want Zaraki to acheive Bankai, so people stop bitching about whether or not he has Shikai.
- I want Halibel to be #1, just to forego the predictable precedent that makes her the worst candidate.
- I want Nell to train with Ichigo before the War, get much stronger, and face the current #3 (since Nori is toast).

Also, here's a list of stuff I don't want to see, which we probably will anyway (except the last one maybe).

- I don't want Masaki to have any relation to Soul Society whatsoever. I want her to be a normal woman.
- I don't want either Aizen or Yamamoto to be much stronger than the Primera Espada.
- I don't want either Tousen or Gin to be stronger than the Primera Espada at all.
- I don't want Ichigo to kill Aizen singlehandedly.
- I don't want either Gin or Tousen to be redeemed. I don't want Gin to be forgiven by Matsumoto/Kira, or Tousen to be forgiven by Komamura/Hisagi.
- I don't want the Vaizard vs. Arrancar matches in the War to be generic release fests.
- I don't want the series to go past the Winter War, unless there's an epilogue.

Kanzen Shinkiro
December 12, 2007, 02:20 AM
I believe that once the current story arc resolves there will a brief act followed by the much longer and final act. Until then the things I want to see are:

- Kenpachi achieve shikai, which should be displayed in his current engagement or at least sometime during the current story arc.
- Renji promoted to captain after the current arc resolves (i.e. during a brief interlude arc between the current and the final arc).
- Gin versus Rangiku alone, isolated and uninterrupted so we can delve deeper into their history. Rangiku achieving her own bankai during their engagement. Gin defeating Rangiku but sparing her life and leaving once again.
- Hitsugaya versus Aizen. Hitsugaya showing a little more backbone, whilst still been easily defeated by the former captain.
- Stark versus Ichigo, Grimmjow and Kenpachi. Stark easily subdues the trio with hardly any effort. However, a hesitant but well orchestrated joint effort from the three allow for their victory much to Kenpachi's disdain as he would have preferred to have beaten Stark on his own.
- Soifon versus Halibel. Halibel easily defeats Soifon even though it seemed Soifon would inevitably be victorious. Yoruichi comes to the rescue and ultimately the duo overcomes Halibel.
- Alternately, Neliel replaces Soifon (as it seems apparent) in battle. Neliel and Halibel fight a close battle, although Halibel is clearly at an advantage at all times. Inevitably, Nel's powers return to spec and she manages to destroy the espada.
- Yamamoto versus unnamed espada. The two display a bitter acquaintance and it is explained they were once good friends in life, maybe even brothers, but that due to their conflicting views their paths diverged from one another. The unnamed espada is explained to have been the first true vasto lorde, and to have been regarded and known by all hollows as the strongest. Old man Yamamoto and the espada engage in a fiery battle due to their similar abilities. However, as it was in life, it should also be in death. Yamamoto was always the strongest of the two, and releasing his bankai, he delivers his old friend from evil by ritually cremating his very soul. This should be part of the final arc and used as a means to prevent Yamamoto from clashing against Aizen. Aizen should be dealt with by Ichigo with help from the others.
- Isshin's history, his relationship to Kisuke, old man Yamamoto, and the story in general.
- Kaname versus Sajin. This will most likely be one of the final battles in the series as it has been foretold. Kaname will definitely die, although Sajin should be able to bring about his redemption even if through brute force.
- Shinji versus Gin. Draw.

There is more, but I've gone on for way too long.

Zeus-Tails
December 12, 2007, 02:43 PM
I want to see Yoruichi apologize intimately to Soi Fon for leaving her for so long. I want her to apologize over...and over and over again.

P.S. - Get your mind out of the gutter, perv!

Tsukisama
December 12, 2007, 09:11 PM
- Alternately, Neliel replaces Soifon (as it seems apparent) in battle. Neliel and Halibel fight a close battle, although Halibel is clearly at an advantage at all times. Inevitably, Nel's powers return to spec and she manages to destroy the espada.
- Yamamoto versus unnamed espada. The two display a bitter acquaintance and it is explained they were once good friends in life, maybe even brothers, but that due to their conflicting views their paths diverged from one another. The unnamed espada is explained to have been the first true vasto lorde, and to have been regarded and known by all hollows as the strongest. Old man Yamamoto and the espada engage in a fiery battle due to their similar abilities. However, as it was in life, it should also be in death. Yamamoto was always the strongest of the two, and releasing his bankai, he delivers his old friend from evil by ritually cremating his very soul. This should be part of the final arc and used as a means to prevent Yamamoto from clashing against Aizen. Aizen should be dealt with by Ichigo with help from the others.

I definitely agree about the Neliel/Halibel battle. It would be very interesting and star-crossed to have the two female espada fight each other.

What agree less about is Yamamoto and geriatric espada. It would be interesting if they had a bit of history, but being brothers or even friends seems to be a little too much for me to believe. Yamamoto has been characterized as a lengendary, idealistic figure, and humanizing so much as to have personal involvement with a hollow would not be a good move IMO, unless they were about to kill him, which I doubt will have much to do with this elderly espada. More likely, the old espada will fight one of the other captains. I don't think you have to worry about Yamamoto intervening too much in the Aizen-Ichigo battle. He's always struck me as rather like Unohana, not fighting very much due to his position. (Unohana as the chief healer, and Yamamoto as head authority figure in SS under the unseen king after the destruction of the Central 46) He will probably fight Aizen at some point, as he is considered to be the strongest shinigami in SS, but Ichigo will ultimately defeat Aizen.

TheChosenOne
December 12, 2007, 09:17 PM
I want to see Isshin training Ichigo, and helping him reach a new power. I also want to see Urahara as a vaizard. :)

MegaX
December 13, 2007, 03:32 AM
I definitely agree about the Neliel/Halibel battle. It would be very interesting and star-crossed to have the two female espada fight each other.

What agree less about is Yamamoto and geriatric espada. It would be interesting if they had a bit of history, but being brothers or even friends seems to be a little too much for me to believe. Yamamoto has been characterized as a lengendary, idealistic figure, and humanizing so much as to have personal involvement with a hollow would not be a good move IMO, unless they were about to kill him, which I doubt will have much to do with this elderly espada. More likely, the old espada will fight one of the other captains. I don't think you have to worry about Yamamoto intervening too much in the Aizen-Ichigo battle. He's always struck me as rather like Unohana, not fighting very much due to his position. (Unohana as the chief healer, and Yamamoto as head authority figure in SS under the unseen king after the destruction of the Central 46) He will probably fight Aizen at some point, as he is considered to be the strongest shinigami in SS, but Ichigo will ultimately defeat Aizen.

While on the one hand, it would be hard to reconcile Yamamoto's personality with assosiating with a Hollow, I can imagine how a friend becoming or being devoured by a Menos and becoming the dominant personality may have started to lead Yamamoto's personality down the path of following the letter of the law and being emotionally distant.

Jannic
December 14, 2007, 05:52 PM
You know what? Sometimes, more than anything, even more than a proper Hollow-Ichigo/Kenpachi rematch (although...I have to say...jeez that'd be fantastic...)

...more than all that, I want CHAD to have a REALLY MEANINGFUL POWER. Hell, let him Hollowify and become an Espada out of jealousy for Ichigo, let him turn his whole body into armor pieces with specific names ("Left Knee of the Bobcat...Right Ear of the Mushroom...Upper Lip of the Walnut..."), ANYTHING.

He, in any other series, would have gotten ONE goddamn moment of glory. Even goddamn KRILLIN got more respect than this schmuck. I know it's old news, but I just re-read all his chapters and he literally spends ALL HIS TIME getting powerboosts to kill meaningless idiots before someone important shows up and rapes him. (Actually, on second thought, let me take that back about Krillin. At the very least Chad should be Piccolo. Taciturn, stoic, cool-headed...(ultimately weak as hell...)

Why does Ishida get super-braniac-quincy-light-speed-seele-schneider powers every time he rolls out of bed and Chad takes four chapters to get...a bigger beam...that does more STUFF...than other beams...he had before...<sigh>...

At this stage I seriously predict he's going to end up fighting Yammy ("Hey, let the big ethnic punching guys fight, and, Chad sorta has a motive for revenge, I guess...") which is like picking on the Arrancar Special Ed class at this point.

It almost makes you lose some respect for Urahara - he REALLY thought Chad was ready, without even having his 'Real Attack Arm', to take on Hueco Mundo - when Ichigo could block his sneak attack without apparent effort using his shikai? Urahara trusted Chad to be useful (or he has ulterior motives and is a total bastard) and he seems like an idiot now in hindsight for doing so.

So I'd like to see Urahara's faith redeemed a little.

...and Ichimaru's bankai. Does he shoot things into surfaces and have them come out of other surfaces...?

But mostly Chad not dying.

gigantor21
December 14, 2007, 06:57 PM
^ I totally agree. Chad is one of my favorite characters, but Kubo hasn't done much with him. And the Espada belong to the Shinigami and Vaizard, so it's already too late...

Man, fuck that shit. How come Rukia can screw over an Espada, while Chad meddles with 2nd-tier goons? Because she's more popular? She's one of my favorites too, but Orihime outstips GOD and she's only made top 10 once (and was 10th to boot). So that's no excuse.

Kanzen Shinkiro
December 14, 2007, 07:12 PM
Tsukisama and MegaX, what I meant is that Yamamoto and the unnamed elder espada were close friends and associates in life centuries ago, and that even in life, they became estranged due to their differing nature. Always strict, Yamamoto was the righteous good doer while the unnamed espada may have been slightly evil per se. Although MegaX's said something interesting. The two could have been fellow shinigami, only the unnamed was eaten by a menos and somehow took over although became corrupted. But either way, it would be a cool way to display Yamamoto's full power and his more humane side.

Jannic
December 16, 2007, 12:34 PM
^ I totally agree. Chad is one of my favorite characters, but Kubo hasn't done much with him.

Good to see a fellow believer. I guess it's the usual Bleach thing - like with Renji v. Byakuya, or Byakuya v. Yoruichi - in this universe, speed trumps power. (Not that 'the inability to be damaged by attacks' doesn't trump either.)

If I can use a Street Fighter metaphor here - and I think I CAN - then, as speed must own, and Chad is the Zangief of the crew, he must therefore endlessly match up against various Chun-Lis (who he can't hit) or Bisons (who cheap him out), trapped with his new "Atomic Busters" only more elaborate versions of the last.

^ And the Espada belong to the Shinigami and Vaizard, so it's already too late...

I will say that there's every chance Chad gets to fight Yammy (if he's around to do it) if only because Yammy got embarrassed by Bankai Ichigo and Kubo won't 'dirty anyone else's hands' with such an annoying weakling. So...yay.

^ Man, fuck that shit. How come Rukia can screw over an Espada, while Chad meddles with 2nd-tier goons? Because she's more popular? She's one of my favorites too, but Orihime outstips GOD and she's only made top 10 once (and was 10th to boot). So that's no excuse.

Well, I would like to see Orihime fight someone - but really, what can be done? She can't get bloodthirsty (which they keep hinting would make Tsubaki absolutely unstoppable) without ruining her character, who's one of the few honestly nice people in Bleach.

Rukia taking that Espada was easily my least-favorite fight in the series.
"Ahh, you're beating me!"
"Yes, I steal powers - now, for no reason, I will release! <BZAAAOW>. You now fight an army of 10,000 Hollow! AHAHAHAHAH! My release allows me to...stab you and gloat!"
"Oh nos - if only I had a One-Hit KO move...<One-Hit KO Move>...take...that...<plop>."

It was the most laboured 'Just a little weaker - She's still good! She's still good!' moment in the series. That she's the only one in the series to kill an Espada (Mayuri's attack's been seen before in the series so Szayel's probably not completely dead) is shameful.

I guess in a world of swordsmen, being the one honorable fist-fighter is too much of a disadvantage. <Dammitall.>

So to reiterate - I want to see the author throw Chad a bone.

And let Orihime figure out "Trying to reject the Hougyoku is a bad idea and will just fix it or Aizen wouldn't have shown you where it is." so we DON'T have a hugely obvious 'BY BEING LOGICAL IN TRYING TO DEFEAT ME YOU HAVE SPRUNG MY TRAP!' scene.

And Ulquiorra crying like a little girl, preferably impaled on something.
(See also Tousen.)

gigantor21
December 16, 2007, 02:17 PM
^ As far as I'm concerned, Yammi is a Fraccion that got lucky. He doesn't count. His presence in the War is irrelevant.

I couldn't STAND how Rukia apologists defended that match. It was disgusting. It goes against every precedent in the story--since when have people been able to win just by hitting vitals? Hasn't power and speed dictated everything, including who takes damage in a match? And why should Kubo get to bend the rules to accommodate fan favorites? I love Rukia and Kaien, but that match made me sick.

Orihime is, at this point, useless. Which says a lot about someone stronger than God. Aizen only wants her for convenience; if she's taken back, he can still wait, and assemble Vastorode to refill the ranks. This whole arc has been a mere game for him and Gin--and a stalling ploy for Kubo.

As far as Street Fighter goes, I'd say Chad is an Alex now; still a heavy-hitter on the slow side, but better equipped for speedsters. Thanks to the Left Arm and his speed boost, he's more a brawler than a heavy tank, which is wonderful. But that doesn't mean he'll be anymore useful... *sigh*

decadencia
December 16, 2007, 03:16 PM
i just want another shocker that leaves me going WTF?!?! WTF?!?!? for a couple of days like when i found out aizen was the bad guy, def one of the greatest little HA! I BET U DIDNT SEE THAT COMING twists ever!!! so if Kubo can pull that off again ill be good!

and some urahara action! i wanna see whats so great about him, he rele interests me! and the whole story behind Isshin and Ryuken and all those ppl im still wondering about!

Jannic
December 18, 2007, 12:38 AM
Uh, decadencia, did you miss a couple of weeks ago...when Kenpachi Zaraki caused a million simultaneous fanboy orgasms? That's less shocking then Aizen, I admit, but it's unfair to expect Bleach to ever be that brilliant again.

About this arc, Gigantor - I really think Orihime is going to have some crucial and (I hope) tragic development before too long. The possibilities are endless for 'too good to be true' characters to cross some line and...snap somehow. (Basically if you're right than the rot has officially set in for the plotting and this series is on slow but steady deathwatch.)

gigantor21
December 18, 2007, 01:20 AM
^ A lot of us are still clinging to the War. Still hoping it will be Bleach, and Kubo's, magnum opus; an epic war saga that surpasses the SS Arc, and washes away all the doubts cultured by the HM Arc that are festering on the fanbase. Being a fan myself, I can understand that hope.

But is is really possible?

The antagonists will still be Aizen and his army. Most of the important ones will still be there. Yeah, GJ and Nell becoming allies is neat, but is that really enough to offset how unrelatable the rest of the Espada are? I attribute that unrelatability to this arc's overall failure, which even the captain's couldn't save--in no small part due to the other reason, repetition.

Kubo's not giving us any new angles. He hasn't since the Aizen revelation. It's all been standard shonen fare due to the minimal human element of the villains, which played to Kubo's strengths so strongly in the SS Arc. It's too predictable now. And the "been there, done that" feel applies to much of what we want to see in the War--GJ and Nell's future roles, Gin and Tousen's baggage, the Vastorodes, the Vizards' involvement, Isshin's identity, et cetera, et cetera.

Relative to DBZ, I'd say we're in the Cell Saga right now. The magic and goodwill of the best Arc is gone--now, Kubo's approach is all that's left, and he's doing little to make it fresh. So he's only got one more shot to bring it back.

Whether it pans out or just pans is up to him.

decadencia
December 19, 2007, 01:13 AM
Uh, decadencia, did you miss a couple of weeks ago...when Kenpachi Zaraki caused a million simultaneous fanboy orgasms? That's less shocking then Aizen, I admit, but it's unfair to expect Bleach to ever be that brilliant again.

ok ok i admit, that even tickled me but i want something thatll just make me 'fall in love again' so to say. u have to admit tho, it rele is dragging on now, ive noticed ive started to grow a bit impatient with Bleach..., anyone else feel the same, like u wanna yell at the comp sometimes HURRY UP AND TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS NEXT I DONT WANNA WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK!!! maybe its just me...:amuse

MegaX
December 19, 2007, 10:28 AM
Hey, I liked the Cell saga.

decadencia
December 19, 2007, 11:24 AM
Hey, I liked the Cell saga.

lol i did too :amuse

Jannic
December 19, 2007, 08:38 PM
I don't really have any problems with what's going on right RIGHT now - I mean, it's covering very little time, but right now we have an immediate source of tension - Captains are launching a first strike to preempt the official Winter War.

The problem is, when thinking "How will this change the face of the two great powers' relationship?" I can't help but answer..."Probably very little." By now, Orihime refusing to leave and somehow getting even deeper in trouble is being telegraphed on all fronts and I'm really afraid we're going to end up with a "Well, that was pointless...but we all got stronger. Except Chad. And Ichigo's mask magically doesn't break now, and even if it does it doesn't matter. And about half the Espada who got so built up are crippled or dead or AWOL."

If, however, decadencia, you want to yell at your computer for making you wait even one second to see the next chapter - isn't that a good sign? I recall the week that chapter came out with AIZEN GODDAMN SOUSUKE standing, right as rain, beneath the remains of the murdered Central 46...I had just read the whole series and I wanted to smash my monitor for its inability to SEE THE FUTURE and tell me what was up.

Right now, your very impatience shows the fever pitch that's been instigated; by using up all his 'we haven't seen these awesome characters in awhile' cards Kubo is cashing in all his chips and achieving a cheap version of what plotting did before.

Not that it's as bad as D.Gray-Man's "magically deploy the generals after some Noah we've never seen pwns the entire Black Order" cheap trick.

This sets a dangerous precedent for cool double-page art spreads starting to overtake the story...I mean, every shonen starts with one-shots and humour and different mechanics and becomes a series of duels, but Bleach could stand to maybe, even for a month, just have some crazy hollows back - or something other than, you're right, Gigantor, the Cell Saga's 'OHNOTHECRISISISOVERSOWECANSUDDENLYKNOWABOUTTHEEVENWORSECRISISTHAT'SABOUTTOHAPPEN...'
pace it's currently being run into the ground under.

I personally found Memories of Nobody more affecting, in patches, than most of the last
50-odd chapters (except when it seemed that the Rukia/'Kaien' fight then teamup might happen). Some emotional space allowed all the sword-swinging to stand in perspective...I mean Ichigo's basically been being cut to death's door ever since Dordonnii without a break practically since last year in real-time.

Sometimes I have to admit that One Piece and Vagabond - in taking the same 'everyone fight' structure and making it seem like a boundless voyage of discovery with the characters - make it seem like those creators should be teaching school to all these guys.

Add another thing I want to see - someone realizing something in a fight that's not a) "Determination >>> Experience/Strength/Skill/Righteousness" or b) "I need to fight...to fight for...[them/her/him/it/us/etc.]...I need to get stronger!" <Magically gets stronger.> Like maybe a new dimension of tactics - even Naruto has clever little Shikamaru bits. The last person to overcome someone by being smarter than they were (don't judge the outcome of Szayel and Mayuri till it's over, and it's still cheap 'I have magic immune to everythingness, nyah!') was...welll...Ganju. Who took out a (basically) third seat. Even Aizen stopped using brains by the end of SS arc and just started the usual "Oh, look at my kido. It's really strong. It has a big number. You really know so little about the magic system in this manga that that really means very little comparatively (since apparently for Byakuya lame numbers like '4' can beat up Bankais) but its power level...is over 90(00!)."

So yeah. Smarts! And explaing kido properly. And why NO-ONE but Yoruichi/Soi Fon use hand-to-hand when Flash Cry kicks so many kinds of tail.

But.

mestizo311
December 20, 2007, 01:18 AM
The top 5 things I want to see are:

1) Szayels death (I can't stand him)
2) Every Captains Bankai and every Espada's release
3) Ichigo ending up with Rukia
4) Equal rights in Hueco Mundo
5) Orihime to sacrifice herself

gigantor21
December 20, 2007, 12:49 PM
Jannic, I agree on all points. Brilliant post.

More tactical prowess would be wonderful. I'd love to see a character innovate with what he has, rather than getting a new power mid-fight or revealing something new like it's fucking air or something. Like it was there the whole time, so we have no right to complain. Cannot stand that shit.

Ichigo, microcosm for the series' faults that he is, needs it the most. He's fought the same way ever since getting Bankai, just bigger and harder with each new boost. It's boring. I want to see him try new stuff in the face of new adversaries, rather than spamming shunpo, head-on charges and GetsuTen. Almost every shonen protagonist does that.

Like...another member, Blitzronin, used to talk about how Ichigo has no experience with swords, but did karate and brawled with gangs all his life. He has a lot more hand-to-hand experience. So it'd be cool if he could incorporate that into his style, and give it some much needed depth. It'd be a lot cooler than seeing him try to cut someone, fail, and get a full page devoted to his shocked expression for the millionth time.

Plus, I'd love to see him Falcon Punch Ulquiorra in the face. :p

But that kind of boost would be great for everyone. Kishi and Oda make sure to do that, which make the fights in One Piece and Naruto a lot more immersive than any of Bleach's, especially post-SS. Kubo should take note of that.

(And I also thought Memories of Nobody was better than this whole Arc. Same with Hitsugaya's backstory.)

ShinobiWrath
December 21, 2007, 12:30 AM
The top 5 things I want to see are:

1) Szayels death (I can't stand him)
2) Every Captains Bankai and every Espada's release
3) Ichigo ending up with Rukia
4) Equal rights in Hueco Mundo
5) Orihime to sacrifice herself

Why does everyone want Orihime dead? She did nothing to you.

gigantor21
December 21, 2007, 03:21 PM
^ I think a better wish would be Orihime proving her worth. In spite of her singlehanded ability to change the tide of the war, she hasn't done a goddamned thing besides healing--while, as Renji said, the 4th company is trained to both fight and heal, which means they can replace her. So she'll have to do something else--something BIG--to quell that hate. The Hogyoku rejection looks to be the best option.

She's not like Yammi, who can never accomplish anything. She still has options available. So I agree that calls for her execution are premature at best.

c420smokey
December 21, 2007, 06:26 PM
Top 10

1. Yachiru Kusajishi being revealed as Kenpachi Zaraki bankai spirit
2. Gin being actually the one that is being forced to help Aizen like how Momo said Aizen was being forced in chapter 224.
3. Gins bankai
4. Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai being revealed as the mastermind behind Aizens turn
5. Sado releasing his full hollow form
6. That huge hollow that was behind the gillian class during the Soul Society Arc being revealed
7. The third release form of the Zanpakuto
8. Gin being revealed as the child of legacy that everyone thinks Tōshirō Hitsugaya is
9. True Goal of the Vaizard
10. Aizens bankai

Crude
December 21, 2007, 07:11 PM
Let's see:

1. More backstory in the Hueco Mundo arc. Maybe a big flashback. I'd like to know more about Hueco Mundo's history and the Espada and other arrancar's pasts (and intentions?).

2. Something big needs to happen in this arc. Something Vizard related; something big happening to Chad which affects Las Noches; something vastolorde related; etc,..
Those are just possibilities. I just want to see something big and unexpected happen, something that might interrupt all the current battles.

3. Something related to Hell. For example, imagine a soul escaping from Hell.

That's all I could really think of. I just really want to see some variation during the Hueco Mundo arc.