PDA

View Full Version : English Dub Discussion

linox
April 08, 2006, 02:30 AM
hey is sombody now were I can download naruto english dub?? :p I don't find it..hehe :p

Tamerlane
April 08, 2006, 02:49 AM
I am going to move this over to the Naruto anime section. It would fit better there.

:amuse

abdulahi
April 08, 2006, 02:54 AM
i was about to say you should have posted in the anime section. thanx for the movements Tamer.
anyways i hope i can help. if you looking for the naruto english, they are available on torrent sites. try http://www.mininova.org/tor/247652 (note. there aint many seeders.)
but warning. i would not waste my time watching, downloading this. one of the worst dub your likely to come across.
but enjoy anyways

donkeyhigh
April 08, 2006, 11:34 AM
I downloaded the first episode right after it got ripped.. A part of me died when watching the first epsiode.. it still hurts.. :/

destinator
April 08, 2006, 12:31 PM
Well the problem is that most people are used to the japanese voices because they already watched 150+ eps. I think you can get used to the dub, some voices arent that bad and some really try to resemble the japanese ones. But the last episode featured the voices of Orochimaru and Itachi and well a reason not to watch the dub but I knew from the start of the dub that nobody could beat orochimarus japanese voice :)

centimetre
April 08, 2006, 07:32 PM
Um.. I love the English language dub...

abdulahi
April 09, 2006, 03:19 PM
centimetre how is that possible. how can anyone love that dub................

centimetre
April 09, 2006, 04:06 PM
Why not?! :( I think they do a very good job on the dub... I do have problems with dub-Itachi's reading of the "nigete, nigete" lines... but I'll ignore it T_T (hopefully it'll get better by the time they get to the actual flashback scenes)

Predator
April 09, 2006, 04:24 PM
As much as I've seen, the dubs really resambles any other dubbed anime encountered. I think they have the same voice actors. And Narutos voice is as sore-throated as some other main character dating back to Pokemon era *cough* Ash Ketchum *cough*.

Back on topic guys, I don't think there will be so many english dubs available to drain, than original ones made in japanese. Thats usually that way, as much as I see. Why? Let me give some simple reasons:
> US side is harsher to fans and ripping dubs involves more risk.
> Dedicated fans respect the edited dubs even less than original (Manga -> Anime -> Dubs).
> Most of the interested fans follow the subbed series anyway.
> Dubs are soooo far behind that all the great rippers and encoders have no interest in it.

Not much choice, so I advise you linox to get them from the same Miniova site dula mentioned.

centimetre
April 09, 2006, 07:17 PM
As much as I've seen, the dubs really resambles any other dubbed anime encountered. I think they have the same voice actors. And Narutos voice is as sore-throated as some other main character dating back to Pokemon era *cough* Ash Ketchum *cough*.

Okay, first of all.. the English dub Ash Ketchum sounded a heck of a lot better than the Japanese language Satoshi... Yes they were both voiced by women, but I liked Ash (English) better, period. Japanese Satoshi sounded... stupid. Actually, in the beginning of the series when they were just starting the dub, the woman who did Ash sounded a lot closer to the Japanese version, but she grew into her own interpretation as the series went along.

Now, with NARUTO, the situation is totally different - the Japanese language voice actress for Naruto is the incredibly, incomparably talented Takeuchi Junko. I doubt anyone could match her, Japanese, English, whatever. She just IS Naruto. She's perfect. And we could be worse off than Maile Flanagan - who's still improving in her role as Naruto, too. Maybe she's no match for Takeuchi-san, but it's not THAT bad.

I was pleasantly surprised by the dub, because they really and truly change very very little from the original - they've remained as faithful as they possibly could. To those of you who think "believe it" is annoying - "'ttebayo" is just as annoying. And sounds just as much, if not more retarded - and comes at a far higher frequently than "believe it" - since Naruto could potentially end any sentence with "'ttebayo", but "believe it" needs to make sense contextually. Besides, this is really just an example of how faithful they're being to the original - they could've easily just left out the catchphrase entirely, saving themselves some trouble.

And you know, sometimes it's nice... to have a show with the original animation and music, but dubbed over (and well so) in a language you can understand without having to read subtitles. It's nice both for viewing a reinterpretation, and just as entertainment. I can understand hatred towards the dub if they butchered and made egregious edits and hashed something out totally different for North American TV - but they didn't do this. Sure, maybe a few characters or voices or lines here and there aren't so great, but they didn't get it all wrong. Besides, I can't speak for everyone, but I know I wasn't entirely fond of all the Japanese voices either - I primarily disliked how extremely mature Sakura sounds, and how Sasuke has the same voice in the flash back scenes (where he's supposed to be 8!), and maybe how deep Itachi's voice is (but his line delivery was excellent) in the Japanese version. There are parts where I'd say the dub is an improvement, even: Tenten's voice, for example, and I happen to prefer Sakura and Ino's English voices to the original.

If you'd still prefer to stick with the original, fine. But I like to see how the English version is different, just out of curiosity, and I like it so far. Maybe I like some aspects of the Japanese version, and different aspects of the English version - seeing both lets me appreciate both. And wastes a lot of my time. :P

abdulahi
April 10, 2006, 07:48 PM
you post a good arguement for dub centimetre and i respect you for that.  you right as the dub could have been far worse then it turned out. but in personal opinion i do not like that dubs at all. it may sound harsh but its honesty.

i do believe that most people that dont like that dubs have only one reason. we are in simple terms to used to the orignal anime, and as humans, change is sometimes hard to accept. even though i dont like the dubs, if by chance i was introduced to naruto in dub form first i probably would like it, but sadly i was not.

but respects to all who enjoy the dubs and if you havent seen it yet heres the torrent link
http://www.mininova.org/tor/247652

ramicollo
April 15, 2006, 12:33 PM
If you just want to see how the english dubbed Naruto is without having to download the large file sizes, which hardly anyone is seeding, go to www.youtube.com and search for the episodes you want to see, i.e. "Naruto dubbed 17" which will get you episode 17. The episodes hosted on youtube are lower in quality but an episode loads pretty quick, like 5 minutes.

Reloaded
April 23, 2006, 10:42 AM
the DUB is still on the Chuunin exams where orochimaru fights with Sasuke

kunai-knight
July 23, 2006, 02:00 PM
Quite frankly i like the dubs of Naruto. They're good. The dub of the chuunin exams i didnt download them in japanese specifically because i thought i'd be nice to watch it in english, and it was.

Its good that they're atleast keeping the oringinal music, which is brilliant and i hope they dont change it ever

An orochimaru's voice sounds wicked in the dubs man...i guess we wont know for sure until we get that evil laugh he did against sandaime (when he finally revealed his younger face)

The only thing i dont agree with you on centimetre is the "believe it!" thing. arghh! it so annoying..it just grinds my nerves! it sounds like a little kid thats trying to be cool by saying it every single minute...gah! to me dattebayo sounds alot cooler to say, even though its said alot, the way he says it compared to how the english says it is much cooler. Sometimes he just mumbles it on at the end of the sentence making it sound awesome! while in the english he's like always shouting BELIEVE IT!

donkeyhigh
July 23, 2006, 05:33 PM
*shivers and goes to bed ready for the nightmares to begin*

jamjosef
August 08, 2006, 09:32 PM
hey all you guys if you dont want to download dubs via bittorrent heres a good amount of them that i converted for my mobile phone 1-46 all of them so far there at 208x176 size but they should give a good quality it was originally meant for mobile phones viewing but i guess its ok for pcs... oh well here goes

EDIT: the links were removed so  i can keep my backups pm if you want the links

graphic_content
August 22, 2006, 10:26 PM
I wont complain about the voices not matching their Japanese counterparts...because we cant really expect that. its unfair to.

my main concern, is that the VA capture the essence of the character and give me a voice that matches their personality...I've only seen that in a few characters thus far. And as far as it concerns me - TOO MANY characters, especially the guys, sound too much alike.

but yeah...try torrent sites - works wonders when your looking for anything really. :grin

zetsuie
August 27, 2006, 05:43 PM
well sasuke sounds awesome except when he has to do a speech explaining something like his next move or whats happening those dont sound good however naruto is terrible terrible terrible not just believe either and i watched the dub first and i disagree with it the took out all the edginess sucks but dont worry people soon i will become an audio enginer and then all bad voice acting will be eliminated

kunai-knight
September 17, 2006, 12:42 PM
Episode 51 i think aired yesterday on CN....Jaraiya sounds pretty cool in it to me. The only problem is he sounds as old as he looks (and the voice does match his looks brilliantly i must applaud them for that) The problem with that is he sounds like an old gruff who sits in a wheel chair all day smokin pipe when he's really alot more active than that lol.

zetsuie
September 18, 2006, 11:51 AM
yeah i was so freaking happy when we gotto hear jiraiya's voice although i already got to hear a preview cause he has a few lines in the naruto ultimae ninja game

kunai-knight
September 25, 2006, 08:35 PM
Just copyin a bit of what i posted in a different thread but it relates to this

"Yesterday watching Naruto on CN is saw something that was officially worst than any filler - or even the english version of a filler - it was CN 1 hour special recap of naruto. THAT WAS SOO FREAKIN AWFUL

The basically tried cuttin some scenes from the episodes they showed before and then have the english narators recap the scenes. AND NO SUPRISE - IT DIDNT WORK!!! I've never seen anythin so horrible in my life.

The lip movements were completely off and the scenes they used for the narators talkin were out of place with the discussion they were havin....trully horrible. "

I was soo dissapointed with the english dub which i previously had no big issues with :(

kyubisharingan
September 30, 2006, 08:01 PM
Is it me or is the Americans showing the Regular theme song???? I was like WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sharinganLS
October 05, 2006, 08:48 AM
Is it me or is the Americans showing the Regular theme song???? I was like WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it realllyy. Why the sudden change. Did the fans complain to them; is that why they changed it?

eni
October 05, 2006, 03:32 PM
Could you explain, please?

I'm not from the us, but higly interessts what you mean with "regular theme song" :D

Ayah
October 06, 2006, 01:05 AM
He meant the original Japanese song.

eni
October 06, 2006, 03:00 AM
He meant the original Japanese song.
I know, but I don't know which season is running in the US currently^^

Ayah
October 06, 2006, 03:10 AM
Oh :oh I don't watch the dub, but I heard they're playing Haruka Kanata now.

eni
October 06, 2006, 03:27 AM
:blink really? wow, that's great news :love

kunai-knight
October 07, 2006, 04:26 PM
what? last time i checked they were still playin that rise rise song - which to me sounded pretty good

TeamNaruto
October 07, 2006, 08:05 PM
They're playing Haruka Kanata now and wow. I love it. The intro is also longer. I was shocked, but a great move!

sharinganLS
October 07, 2006, 10:29 PM
Well in canada (YTV station) they dont show the original openings and endings; atleast thats wat I have seen during the zabuza saga. I stopped watchin the dub after that(cause I hav other things to do on fridays). Also they just recently showed the lee vs garaa fight however I didnt watch it so I dont know if they r still playing that stupid made-up opening or they have started with the Jap opening.

TeamNaruto
October 07, 2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I haven't watched the episodes since after the Zabuza saga either. I just love this part of Naruto though, so I figured I'd check out how they dubbed Jiraiya. It was a nice surprise to see the japanese intro. It was a good 2 minutes too and loved every moment of it.

sharinganLS
October 10, 2006, 09:43 AM
what? last time i checked they were still playin that rise rise song - which to me sounded pretty good

LOL i didnt really know they were saying rise LOL i thought they making somekind of lame animal noises.

Raine_Joybringer
October 11, 2006, 08:06 AM
Well, whatever America's getting, Australia's getting on pay tv.

However, we're lucky when it comes to DVDs, since straight off the bat we're getting the unedited version :D Yay- blood!

Robotic Red
November 04, 2006, 08:35 PM
I think they simply changed from Rise Rise to Haruka Kanata for one reason: it was time for a change. After all, even American shows change themes now and again (more so if its an anime).

I personally liked Rise Rise, but I like this one too. And damn it all, I missed the last part of the Third Exam due to a concurrent string of night shifts. >_>

Leaf_Ninja_1215
November 12, 2006, 05:06 PM
It's pretty cool that they left the original japanese theme song.I wasnt crazy about the first one. Does anybody know who sings it?

xi0
November 12, 2006, 05:13 PM
It's title is "R★O★C★K★S", by Hound Dog. I wasn't crazy about the first Opening either.

DarkManSharingan32
November 14, 2006, 03:40 PM
It's title is "R★O★C★K★S", by Hound Dog. I wasn't crazy about the first Opening either.

That song was TERRIBLE.
But it's Nostalgia value is WAYYY up there.

The intro to that song rings" NARUTO" for me.

lol

sharinganLS
November 15, 2006, 01:03 PM
Yes i too like the way they finally added the jappanese audio for the opening song. ButThey should have added the orriginal video for that japanese opening song. It doesnt look better than the japanese version (looks like a very cheap amv with random clips from the episodes, they dont even match the video the way the original did)

kyubisharingan
November 15, 2006, 05:38 PM
i agree. They put the music(which is a plus for teh dub) but shoulda kept the original video. Why does all (or most) american dubs never keep the original video? They always put in some scenes from episodes

sharinganLS
November 17, 2006, 12:19 PM
i agree. They put the music(which is a plus for teh dub) but shoulda kept the original video. Why does all (or most) american dubs never keep the original video? They always put in some scenes from episodes
Like DBZ lol. Im hoping they keep the japanese opening for the next season. Although i think it wont happen since they included some clips from the next seasons opening into the current opening.

Leaf_Ninja_1215
November 23, 2006, 12:06 AM
Same here. But they will since they changed the current opening.

weixiaobao
November 29, 2006, 08:11 PM
wow there are people accuatly watch the naruto on TV.
I kinda give up on it... Just because I hate the pharse "Believe it!"
Anyway... The old theme song sux....

kyuubiseal
November 29, 2006, 10:58 PM
not from us but heard that they changed it :)

What season are they playing that song in in the us?

kyubisharingan
November 30, 2006, 06:23 PM
Haruka Kanata^^ one of my fav OP songs

Robotic Red
December 01, 2006, 04:35 PM
wow there are people accuatly watch the naruto on TV.
I kinda give up on it... Just because I hate the pharse "Believe it!"
Anyway... The old theme song sux....

Naruto only said it once in the last episode, and he had actually gone on a string of almost 20-episodes (I think) where hadn't said it at all.

weixiaobao
December 01, 2006, 04:42 PM
Naruto only said it once in the last episode, and he had actually gone on a string of almost 20-episodes (I think) where hadn't said it at all.

That's a good new! But too bad I already give up on the TV. episode (but I must admit the kungfu sound effect kinda cool)

kyubisharingan
February 08, 2007, 06:31 PM
anyone who has cartoon network, knows ben 10........its the american version of konohamaru and friends
(BTW no credit to me for this pic, it was someone else)

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3337/0004b9e26bf081nx8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ryan Holer
March 09, 2007, 11:50 AM
That was actually on that show! If that's real it's awesome.

qwan3356
March 09, 2007, 08:56 PM
that was on the show, its real, i remember seeing it, now that someone has said that its really funny, i didn't really notice it like that, lol.

Uchiha Slayer
March 10, 2007, 05:12 PM
It seems that it really has a direct relationship with Naruto.