PDA

View Full Version : Review CopyNinjaKakashi's Review of Naruto 358

CopyNinjaKakashi
June 18, 2007, 05:31 PM
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3336/358titlejz9.png
This review was anything but a pain, Sasuke!

Here goes review #3 for me. The usual thanks to Kylara for finding the RAW, Nihongaeri for the translation, and Kokotas and Cez for the scanlation that these images are pulled from. So here we go.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8783/makingbombssc7.png
1. How to Make Bombs

I was glad my prediction of how the dragon made clay bombs was fairly accurate. It absorbs pieces of its tail to make the landmines and other explosives. That ultimately would put a limit on the amount of bombs Deidara could possibly make. Just after this Deidara uses an explosion to distract and attack Sasuke, which Gives Tobi aq chance to go below ground and set up the landmines.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4411/whatisartrz4.png
2. The Great Debate!

You have to give Deidara credit. He is passionate about his art. I found it amusing that pop and superflat could be terms to describe the possible effects of a bomb, and also different art movements in reality as well.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1826/rememberingkakashimp2.png
3. Memories are a Funny Thing

Okay, this part bothered me a little bit. Deidara says he remembers that Kakashi used a similar jutsu. The only problem is that Kakashi never used Raikiri in his encounter with Deidara during the Rescue Gaara arc (if my memory serves me correctly). Maybe this just means that he knows it because it was in his home country's bingo book or whatever, or he just discussed the matter with other Akatsuki members. The thing about it though, is the way Deidara says it:"I remember Kakashi using that!" seems to imply that Deidara was there in person to see Raikiri. Regardless, he gives credit to Sasuke for being original. Sasuke is an artist of sorts, and Deidara gives him his due credit. It's probably nothing major, but I was annoyed by way Deidara said that. I'm sure there is a better way to state that if he learned it from a bingo book or Akatsuki member.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3594/sasukeswordow3.png
4. Sword-hopping

So Sasuke used CS2 and blocked a bomb with his wing, which resulted in its destruction. It will be interesting to see the ramifications of this on his normal body, if any. Has he permanently lost the wing? I highly doubt it. It will probably just be there the next time he goes CS2. Losing an appendage like that should hurt though, and we get little reaction from Sasuke, so I don't know if he is hurting, or didn't even feel it. Anyways, Sasuke is creative again in getting enough height to cut down Deidara. I was surprised Deidara was so low, but obviously he didn't have time to react to that sudden attack by Sasuke. Sasuke is showing he does indeed have "mad skills", even though most of us aren't too thrilled with his amazing power, while Naruto struggles, but I have a feeling we haven't seen the best out of Naruto, not by a longshot.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2621/bigbangff3.png
5. The Big Bang!

So Sasuke pins Deidara to the off-balanced dragon with Shuriken and let's him sleep in the bed he made, so-to-speak. The dragon crashes down and ignites the landmines below. What is Deidara's fate? I don't think he is totally dead yet. Like others, I think Tobi had a hand in saving him from total destruction, but I fear Deidara's days among the living may be numbered. An explosion that large should draw attention from Konoha and Hebi.

Chapter Grade: A-

Another solid chapter. Only a couple things really irritated me (see 3.) I also would have liked to see more from Konoha or Hebi, but I have a feeling we will next chapter. I know taglines aren't always right, but "The End of An Artist" may tell us that Deidara is doomed, or Sai dies out of nowhere =p(kidding, we probably won't even see Sai for a few chapters). I am definitely looking forward to the next few chapters though.

Well I hope you enjoyed the review. I appreciate any comments.

Mendes
June 18, 2007, 06:17 PM
It was a nice review, as always CopyNinjaKakashi. I hadnt noticed yet that detail about deidara telling sasuke he remembered kakashi doing it. I also dont remember kakashi even using lightning moves against deidara, but I may be wrong, tough. The way he said it almost implies he had actually seen it with his own eyes.

Saifi
June 18, 2007, 06:38 PM
that might be a difference in translation the one i have (blood shock i think) says "that was kakashis attack! ill give you credit..." which makes sense cause thats copy ninja kakashi's only origional move ! he must have heard of it , or read it (kaka is famous after all).

btw nice review , ill komment more later !

godofthesunn
June 18, 2007, 07:18 PM
hm.. not bad.. However I would have liked to get an explanation on sauske and the shuriken thing.. it just didn't add up in my book.. one instance deidra is talking and the next hes pinned to a bird...

NVM after revewing the chapter in more detail I figured it out...

kiddo7
June 18, 2007, 07:22 PM
liked your review, pretty much agree with you on everything.
I actually did not pick up on the fact that deidara never actually saw kakashi use raikiri but then again, I too read the bloodshock scan...

while it would make sense for everybody to have noticed all those explosions I kind of hope (and feel) that there will be no reinforcements. I also don't believe that deidara is done for yet (though he might meet his end in the next chapter). anyway, after whatever conclusion this fight will see, Kishi has no options but to return to the squads from konoha, that is what i am waiting for.
Go Hinata, Go Sakura, Go Shino,
...and there are also the others but they are of lesser importance to me

CopyNinjaKakashi
June 18, 2007, 07:43 PM
Mendes- Thanks! That's exactly what I thought too. The way Deidara says it implies that he has seen it, which we know he hasn't. He probably has heard of that attack since Kakashi is a well-known badass motherfucker (pardon my language =D). As others have commented here, it just might be a difference in translation.

Saifi- Thanks! Yeah I figured there might be a different translation that may sound better. Kakashi is kind of a big deal.

godofthesunn- I wasn't sure about the shurikens either. It looked like Sasuke threw them up in the air and then caught them when he jumped up and threw them back down. My friend said it may be the shuriken jutsu of Sasuke's where they are attached to a string. I would appreciate any insights you have to what exactly happened.

kiddo7- Thanks. I just don't see how Konoha or Hebi couldn't hear that explosion. I don't think Deidara is dead at the moment, he might have one last hurrah before Sasuke finishes him. Sasuke needs information on Itachi, so he may try and immobilize Deidara to get info, but will be hard with Tobi around. I think Sasuke would be done with Deidara and Tobi would flee by the time anyone else showed up. Yeah, I am excited to see what Konoha is up to. I really want to see how team 8 has improved(come on Dynamic Marking Version 2.0) but who knows when that will be. Maybe we will get some insight into what the black book contains, but I doubt it.

ornis
June 18, 2007, 08:56 PM
godofthesunn- I wasn't sure about the shurikens either. It looked like Sasuke threw them up in the air and then caught them when he jumped up and threw them back down. My friend said it may be the shuriken jutsu of Sasuke's where they are attached to a string. I would appreciate any insights you have to what exactly happened.

I'm scratching about this too >.> where did they initially come from? I saw a string and Deidara dodging a blur of giant shurikens ... exactly when did Sasuke throw them? Evidently, he's hasty. Guess we're assumed to accept it.

Just some intrigue.... what is that Chokuto blade made of or did it conveniently miss those mines...

Shouji
June 18, 2007, 09:15 PM
a theory about the raikiri , we only saw the last part of kakashi and naruto X deidara , maybe , just maybe , he used some raikiri on deidara .
Its possible , because he wouldnt start the fight with the mange sharingan

CopyNinjaKakashi
June 18, 2007, 10:44 PM
Ornis- My friend wondered the same thing about his sword. It was awfully convenient that it didn't land on any of the mines. Sometimes both skill and luck are necessary I guess.

Shouji- It's definitely possible, but highly unlikely. Remember, Kakashi stated that Naruto wasn't a good match-up for Deidara becasue he(Naruto) was a close-range fightert, while Deidara is a ranged attack. They needed a long-range attack, which happened to be Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan. Raikiri, which is a close-range attack, would have been useless against Deidara, since he was keeping his distance from Naruto and Kakashi.

ANBU4U
June 19, 2007, 04:45 PM
You know I ALMOST put something about Diedara witnessing the Raikiri in my review...

I read the BS scan, and still thought the wording was funny as I couldn't recall Kakashi ever getting close enough to use his Raikiri on Deidara.....but I couldn't remember the fight blow for blow and decided to take it on faith.

As for the sword....I mean with a surface area that small it was more likely than not that it would find an safe patch of ground. Sasuke just played the odds on that one.

A bit gutsy...but they were good odds. I mean Tobi didn't have THAT many bombs. The space this fight is taking place in is pretty large....especially after Deidara began leveling the hell out of the forest.

CopyNinjaKakashi
June 19, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, you are definitely right there. The odds were in his favor. The mines couldn't cover the entire ground. Nothing wrong with a little luck every now and then.

The only reason I am certain about no Raikiri is that I went back and read the manga about the upcoming battles in the anime, and there was no mention of Raikiri anywhere.

mrcongojack
June 19, 2007, 09:58 PM
Very nice review, CopyNinjaKakashi. :)

lordHokage
June 20, 2007, 09:46 PM
Once again, keep it up - good review as always. :)

Okay, this part bothered me a little bit. Deidara says he remembers that Kakashi used a similar jutsu. The only problem is that Kakashi never used Raikiri in his encounter with Deidara during the Rescue Gaara arc (if my memory serves me correctly). Maybe this just means that he knows it because it was in his home country's bingo book or whatever, or he just discussed the matter with other Akatsuki members. The thing about it though, is the way Deidara says it:"I remember Kakashi using that!" seems to imply that Deidara was there in person to see Raikiri.

I think Deidara was referring to Kakashi’s father aka Konoha’s White Fang. :blink

Az3r
June 21, 2007, 05:22 AM
I think Deidara was referring to Kakashi’s father aka Konoha’s White Fang. :blink

I thought Raikiri/Chidori was invented by Kakashi himself? :confused
By the way, nice review there, CNK... :)

lordHokage
June 21, 2007, 07:22 AM
I thought Raikiri/Chidori was invented by Kakashi himself? :confused

I agree, but maybe his father invented something similar. :blink

CopyNinjaKakashi
June 21, 2007, 02:43 PM
Lord Hokage- Thanks! Yeah, I don't think Kakashi's father invented anything like that, but it's possible. He was on the level of the Sannin if I remember right. Raikiri was an original jutsu by Kakashi, his one and only.

Az3r- Thanks. I will keep up doing what I can. It's nice that we have several reviewers, we all focus on various things that catch our eye and opens up the discussion.

lordHokage
June 21, 2007, 05:02 PM
Lord Hokage- Thanks! Yeah, I don't think Kakashi's father invented anything like that, but it's possible. He was on the level of the Sannin if I remember right. Raikiri was an original jutsu by Kakashi, his one and only.

I agree. Just how Naruto invented Odama Rasengan from Rasengan, I think Kakashi did the same thing too. Raikiri was invented by him but the idea may have come from his father. :blink

ANBU4U
June 21, 2007, 05:16 PM
I agree. Just how Naruto invented Odama Rasengan from Rasengan, I think Kakashi did the same thing too. Raikiri was invented by him but the idea may have come from his father. :blink

What makes you think that?

The only move we've seen from Sakumo was his white chakra blade...and even that wasn't direct. And we've been told that Kakashi didn't even think about chidori until after he gave up completing the Rasengan.

If it was just an alteration of his fathers technique wouldn't he have at least thought of it sooner?

CopyNinjaKakashi
June 21, 2007, 05:24 PM
The importance of Kakashi's father was not the techniques he may or may not have passed down onto Kakashi, but his role in his son's life. His father's suicide caused Kakashi to grow up to be a cold, calculated, ninja who follows the rules above all else. It took Obito to make Kakashi realize his father was a hero, and cause that change in Kakashi. The current Kakashi is still calculating, but he will protect his team at all costs, even if it costs him his life.

ANBU also takes carew of the argument. Kakashi found his own way to manipulate his chakra since he couldn't complete rasengan at that time.

kiddo7
June 21, 2007, 06:33 PM
I am always amazed at how the fandom can come up with the most random scenarios based of off ... who knows what, and then stick to it like it is law!
How in the world does kakashi's father come into this anyway???
He is about as relevant to this discussion as Haku.
Come one girls/guys just think a little he was long dead before kakashi even invented the chidori, and we know absolutely nothing about him. any theory about his techniques is just wild conjecture and guesswork with no basis whatsoever.

lordHokage
June 21, 2007, 06:38 PM
The importance of Kakashi's father was not the techniques he may or may not have passed down onto Kakashi, but his role in his son's life. His father's suicide caused Kakashi to grow up to be a cold, calculated, ninja who follows the rules above all else. It took Obito to make Kakashi realize his father was a hero, and cause that change in Kakashi. The current Kakashi is still calculating, but he will protect his team at all costs, even if it costs him his life.

Well said. Obito death was the best thing that ever happens to Kakashi. :eyeroll

CopyNinjaKakashi
June 21, 2007, 07:15 PM
Well said. Obito death was the best thing that ever happens to Kakashi. :eyeroll

It was definitely a changing point in his life, to say the least. That's why I am in favor of Tobi simply being Tobi, and is not Obito. I wouldn't be too upset if it turns out he was Obito, but I would prefer Obito to remain dead, so Kakashi's characterization doesn't suffer. Not that it would suffer, but there is always potential. At the same time there is a chance for more characterization if Obito was alive. I guess we shall find out soon hopefully.

lordHokage
June 21, 2007, 08:15 PM
It was definitely a changing point in his life, to say the least. That's why I am in favor of Tobi simply being Tobi, and is not Obito. I wouldn't be too upset if it turns out he was Obito, but I would prefer Obito to remain dead, so Kakashi's characterization doesn't suffer. Not that it would suffer, but there is always potential. At the same time there is a chance for more characterization if Obito was alive. I guess we shall find out soon hopefully.

Obito/Tobi theory can go either way, Kakashi can do worse but he can do much better. Kakashi needs closure, he’s overwhelmed with guilt and he needs to move on with life, like get marry and have kids and stop visiting the monument of ninja’s. If Tobi is Obito, it will do him a lot of good. :amuse

CopyNinjaKakashi
June 21, 2007, 08:48 PM
I think he has closure though. for all Kakashi knows, Obito is dead. I like how he visits the monument, to remind him of who he is and to always remember to protect his teammates. But this is digressing from the discussion of the recent chapters =p.

alia
June 26, 2007, 12:54 PM
nice review, and yes kakashi didnt use any rai moves when he fought deidara, i reckon kishi must have forgotten lol