PDA

View Full Version : The Inaba Thread

2ndKurono
June 29, 2007, 02:15 AM
i thought about this last night,the Inabu they guy who hated Kurono and didnt accept him as da leader,dont u think he may pull out a schoker in this mission cause i think he can,after all he felt some regret and hated himself so im just saying watch our for him,do u think the same or not?

worawat
June 29, 2007, 05:25 AM
hmm its true he hated Kurono because he was better and Reika likte hem. he was the same as the dog and the panda because he had no courage but i think he will take it more seriously now because i dont think no one wanna feel useless like a panda or a dog ^^

2ndKurono
June 29, 2007, 05:45 AM
he said like the panda or da kid,but the kid is kinda stronger at this point of time,i realy think he will show us some serious sh!t.

worawat
June 29, 2007, 05:58 AM
:P it was the panda and the kid yeah xP. you mean Inabu or the kid will show some serious sh!t -.-

2ndKurono
June 29, 2007, 06:26 AM
Takeshi already did show us some stuff at the start of da mission,Inaba is next.

worawat
June 29, 2007, 06:52 AM
yeah looks like it but i rader wanna see Kurono Kei in action then anyone els because he always but some unusuall things then others ^^ if you know what i mean

warbandit66
June 29, 2007, 07:19 AM
maybe Inaba will go on a budah mission Kurono style rampage and kill half a dozen giant aliens, if you think about it he's alot like Kurono in the early chapters of gantz

worawat
June 29, 2007, 07:32 AM
yeah thats true but the main reason why Inaba hate Kurono is because Reika like Kurono.
or Kurono being the leader

warbandit66
June 29, 2007, 09:01 AM
I think that Inaba is acting like anybody else would given his current predicament, if your leader was a scrawny little kid and people were dying all around you you'd be just a little bit frustrated would'nt you? And remember it took Kurono himself a while to stop his whining.

2ndKurono
June 29, 2007, 11:16 AM
one and half of a mission,but i dont think Inaba will be like Kurono,hell be a good Gantzer but not a head on style like Kurono,well not as that good actualy but he def will do some damage i just wish he didnt meat Nishi,he would have teached him some cowardly techniques that suck and that will suck.

worawat
June 29, 2007, 12:34 PM
hehe yeah. Inaba was more like underastimating Kurono. he have no idea what Kurono have gone true.

2ndKurono
June 29, 2007, 01:03 PM
hehe yeah. Inaba was more like underastimating Kurono. he have no idea what Kurono have gone true.

only Katou does,but remeber Inaba gave one blow to Kurono,he even may be to big about himself,but i think hell do some crazy shit.

worawat
June 29, 2007, 01:26 PM
jepp its always like that in anime when a character is usless then he will do something or say something that will amazing other characters ^^

2ndKurono
June 29, 2007, 01:59 PM
maybe,but this aint Naruto where Naruto inspires everyone,this is more to real life,lots of people are scared and dont want to fight they just want to save theyre worthless lifes.Not alot of people get inspired,especialy by Inabu they know him as a coward not as a hero that Kurono was who inspired lots of people,and thats a big motivation for Inabu.

worawat
June 29, 2007, 02:08 PM
i didnt say naruto. yes it may sound like naruto when you talk about strong willing and becoming strong from suffering. if you watch others anime like for ex FMA and other anime. ususlly is like they are pulling something unusuall in a dangourus situasion. like Kurono Kei did in the big bird mission thing when he didnt have suit on and they others said to hem run, but he was 100% sure that he was going to kill it no matter what

2ndKurono
June 29, 2007, 03:37 PM
well dah,confidance beats anything,if ur confident and u have a big imagination than ur a scary dude,believe it i know.

worawat
June 29, 2007, 03:55 PM
like Kurono you mean?

ssjasper2003
June 30, 2007, 05:22 PM
Every character that is introduced in gantz has potential to be a great character. Ibana is one of those guy who in real life are the avg-popular guys who act cool but when things get down to it they show tendencies of jealousy like the rest of us.

Only until the oni alien did he actually try to become a better person. Hell he was nailing what he thought was reika lol. So we can only have him improve.

worawat
June 30, 2007, 05:49 PM
yeah true

xi0
July 01, 2007, 01:32 AM
No, I think Inaba will always be a gutless maggot. I'm actually surprised that he hasn't been killed off yet.

The reality is that Gantz is manga where a variety of characters are displayed. Inaba is actually very much like what Kurono was at the start of the story, except he hasn't changed. There is probably a reason for this since there wouldn't be much use in having two Kurono type characters. Inaba is pretty much the average guy without many redeemable qualities. He is unique in that sense.

worawat
July 01, 2007, 06:44 AM
yeah Inaba was kind of like Kurono in the begining but Kurono in the begining wasnt that coward. i mean Kurono change very fast after 2 mission and Inaba is havent done any progress. he even got the same score as the kid and the panda. when allmost everyone or i think everyone got 100 points on the Oni mission he didnt get one if i remember.

ShinuZERO
July 01, 2007, 07:49 AM
He needs to be killed off.

2ndKurono
July 01, 2007, 04:53 PM
He needs to be killed off.

he needs to prove himself thats what,yes he is a coward,yes he looks like Kurono in da past but Kurono is Kurono and Inaba is Inaba they are diferent,they actualy dont look alike at all,Inaba was scared and all and wanted to kill Kei while Kei from da start wanted to prove something.But Inaba might pull a shoker and may die in this mission but i dont see him dieing,i dont see many Gantzers dieing in near future.

xi0
July 01, 2007, 05:02 PM
No one said Kurono and Inaba look alike. All we're saying is that Inaba is almost exactly like Kurono was before he changed.

You don't see many Gantzers dying in the future? Have you seen all the ones that have died already on this mission from the Osaka team? Remember that this is Gantz so I wouldn't be surprised at all if more Gantzers were killed.

Hollow Kurono
August 01, 2007, 03:55 PM
i meant from the Tokyo team,Osaka sucks as someone said they may be fillers.Osaka have three strong guys George that "Leader" and Mr.7.The Tokyo team now have a motivation,some of them want to revive Kurono and they have the Blondie vamp on theyre side and we have Nishi who will show up in the time when things will get ruff and will put a shocker and say "i came to save u".This aint the old team which had Kishimoto,look after the budah mission,only those who were without the suits died and had zero exp,Kurono trained them,which they didnt till the budah mission,this team is dif and they dont think about themselfes first but about other,well thats Katou and that old man.Its a good thing we dont have Kishimoto now,i just hope Reika doesnt turn out to be the 2ndKishimoto cause i already see the potential.

Sheard
August 01, 2007, 10:47 PM
No, I think Inaba will always be a gutless maggot. I'm actually surprised that he hasn't been killed off yet.

I agree with you that Inaba will always be a gutless maggot, but I'm not at all surprised that he's not dead yet. He is the type of person that will just hide behind stronger members and leech off them for his own survival. So long as there are stronger people for him to hide behind or to bail him out, he'll continue to survive...

I don't think this will work forever for him and eventually he'll get himself killed. Inaba isn't smart enough to hide completely out of the fighting like Nishi does and just gank kills. The series also doesn't need a second person acting like Nishi.

Captain Marmoset
August 02, 2007, 12:18 AM
He is the type of person that will just hide behind stronger members and leech off them for his own survival. So long as there are stronger people for him to hide behind or to bail him out, he'll continue to survive....
Bet that's how most of the Osaka team has stayed alive up until now.

It wouldn't be surprising to me if Inaba suddenly changed into what Kurono became. So far, Inaba's acted about the same way Kurono did for his first two missions. And since Kurono's gone, the series does need a new main character... Unless Oku decides to kill them all, which may be possible.

Hollow Kurono
August 02, 2007, 05:31 AM
It wouldn't be surprising to me if Inaba suddenly changed into what Kurono became. So far, Inaba's acted about the same way Kurono did for his first two missions. And since Kurono's gone, the series does need a new main character... Unless Oku decides to kill them all, which may be possible.

dude Kurono in da first mission did some that Inaba couldnt to in three missions,then in da second he got like 36 points and he had no suit,dont compare Inaba with Kurono,its not fair for Inaba.Hes gonna have his own style,but not like Kurono.

Sheard
August 02, 2007, 08:35 AM

I really don't agree with you here. We do get to see a bit of how Kurono used to be when he was much younger. He originally was very brave, sometimes to the point of being stupid, but he wasn't a complete coward. Kurono just lost it all somehow after he parted ways with Kato due to them attending different high schools.

In the first two missions, no he's not very brave at first but does pull through both times. The second mission it's a bit understandable as he's going in without a suit and knows that it is going to put him at a big disadvantage.

Inaba on the other hand, just doesn't pull through at all ever. When things get bad for him in the oni alien mission, Inaba ends up having to have Reika save him. I really don't think he has forgotten courage hidden somewhere in him like with Kurono.

Hollow Kurono
August 02, 2007, 09:44 AM
Inaba on the other hand, just doesn't pull through at all ever. When things get bad for him in the oni alien mission, Inaba ends up having to have Reika save him. I really don't think he has forgotten courage hidden somewhere in him like with Kurono.

well maybe he doesnt but look at everyone,Reika,Sakata... they all pulled threw so can Inaba,it seems that hes an asshole but i think he can and will do some,just look at him hes tall,strong and athletic if he realizes it he will do some damage.But i dont think he will die.

Captain Marmoset
August 03, 2007, 01:08 AM
I really don't think he has forgotten courage hidden somewhere in him like with Kurono.

We don't really know his backround though, do we? So far every single non-vamp Gantzer has had at least a little bit of their past revealed, except Inaba. Maybe he does have some kind of ballsy courage or something like that. We don't know. I'm just trying to be a little optimistic for this guy. I don't like him, but he's gotta do something eventually.

Who knows? I didn't like Kei at all, but look how he turned out. Maybe Inaba will do the same thing eventually.

Sheard
August 03, 2007, 01:28 AM
^ That is true that he's one of the few characters that survived a mission that didn't have any of their past revealed... But I do think that every character is different, so no I don't think he'll ever have ballsy courage bording on what looks like stupidity as that would make Inaba into nothing more than a Kurono clone. >.>

Maybe Inaba's thing is that he can persevere, survive through almost anything and just has a very high endurance... He did after all survive without a suit on after encountering the sex alien (that was inpersonating Reika) long enough to be rescued.

Inaba does have one think in common with Kurono though in that they both have a low self-image at times. Although Kurono's is restricted mostly to his school, while Inaba's is probably everywhere.

Hollow Kurono
August 03, 2007, 03:44 AM
^well its a good thing ive re-read some old chapters,looks like he had a girlfriend,but he said i got shot and thats all i remeber.but he acted so cool,it was off the scale.but then when they got teleported stayed with Reika and talked and said to her that suit ur wearing is terrible,then she said "go away" :D (it brought old feelin from Kishimoto).Then when the raptors started atacking she took the gun and wanted to atack also but Kurono said no,then Inaba steped in took the gun and said "i will protect u" man he was so cool that it made me laugh,then when the counting started he still was siting like hes Vegeta.Even Gantz said it that j"ust lookin cool doesnt cut it".

and then he got a bad dude,started having bad ideas and all that.but i think people who step in da Gantz room,can change and i think he will change.well thats my crazy opinion.

and i dont think he was just like Kurono,i mean teased like that,Baldy said that everyone would say that ur weak but he said,and thats the reason,but he could still kick theyre asses if he wanted to.Inaba wasnt like that,who would jump on a dude that is taller then Katou.

popothepenguin
August 10, 2007, 01:29 AM
Maybe Inaba's going to be next generation Gantz. He's had a late start because of his attitude not wanting to train with Kurono. That could be Oku explaining the importance of unity and comradery without attitude. But Inaba was definetely given a second chance and not without reason. My theory is that after everyone gets killed or free, its going to be Inaba rounding up another Gantz team. Has anybody else noticed how tall he is? a giant.

Hollow Kurono
September 13, 2007, 08:15 AM
^^Yeah i noticed that to,and thats an interesting idea,him beein alone in da room,but i believe in him to,from da looks he looks like Kurono and Masanabou but on da inside he has some Kurono in him,i mean that bad side,that Kurono got rid off along time ago.

andreafraize
September 17, 2007, 04:37 PM
i disagree with you " about inaba being the next generation leader " because i'm sure he won't get rid of "kurono's Bad selfish Side" :

the first reason is that he don't mix with poeple , he stays alone , hang out alone and act alone ...the fact that kurono don't (may be sometimes but he stays with the group) = he's more like nishi from inside .

the Second reason is : Osaka team and Masaro Kato , if the Tokyoites stays a while in the Osaka's Area , the lights of "Fame" would be on Them , they surely have some very talented Gantzers (at Least one ) , and if they return to Tokyo , after a while , Kato would be the Leader (it's Obvious Right??) .

the Last but not the least is : kurono , he will be like "Now has come the day that i take the lead and i make you follow " , so inaba will hate it and gets 100pts to get out of there , rather than being neglected !!

in the end , if you still wants Inaba to be the leader , it's Possible = after Kurono and Kato would be out , he can be !!

TheGenius
September 18, 2007, 12:59 AM
i disagree with you " about inaba being the next generation leader " because i'm sure he won't get rid of "kurono's Bad selfish Side" :

the first reason is that he don't mix with poeple , he stays alone , hang out alone and act alone ...the fact that kurono don't (may be sometimes but he stays with the group) = he's more like nishi from inside .

the Second reason is : Osaka team and Masaro Kato , if the Tokyoites stays a while in the Osaka's Area , the lights of "Fame" would be on Them , they surely have some very talented Gantzers (at Least one ) , and if they return to Tokyo , after a while , Kato would be the Leader (it's Obvious Right??) .

the Last but not the least is : kurono , he will be like "Now has come the day that i take the lead and i make you follow " , so inaba will hate it and gets 100pts to get out of there , rather than being neglected !!

in the end , if you still wants Inaba to be the leader , it's Possible = after Kurono and Kato would be out , he can be !!

We can never forget my 3rd favorite alive character(after Kei and Hoi), Gramps!

He can lead, he's cool, even have a cool way of balding! He is motivated by Kei's courage, he stood up to the vamps when they first attacking the newbies after the Jurassic park Mission, he went to trainings and has an excellent attitude! On top of it, he cleared once(which Inaba's VERY far from)!!!

andreafraize
September 18, 2007, 02:43 AM
We can never forget my 3rd favorite alive character(after Kei and Hoi), Gramps!

He can lead, he's cool, even have a cool way of balding! He is motivated by Kei's courage, he stood up to the vamps when they first attacking the newbies after the Jurassic park Mission, he went to trainings and has an excellent attitude! On top of it, he cleared once(which Inaba's VERY far from)!!!

yes , you're right , Gramps "Old Geez " (lol) has more chance to be the leader than Inaba !!

actually , Hoi :glomp Hoi has more chance than him :D

JC123
July 23, 2008, 04:44 PM
that's a little harsh. we've already been over this but he's kurono's alternative route. as long as he starts veering in the right direction, he could intersect kurono's route at some point.

This came up in another thread but I'm putting it here.

Inaba is a wuss, plain and simple. He runs from trouble and was just like Kurono when he first came to Gantz. I dunno how Izumi first started out but having everyone compared to Kurono is kinda weird isn't it?

Izumi is supposed to be his "aggressive" side. He fights on instinct and gets the mission done no matter what.

So this leaves Inaba to be his old side, I take it? I mean seriously, if Inaba had gotten a few more missions under his belt, he may have turned into a better LT than Reika instead of a wuss girl. Right now, he's looking like Kurono on his first appearance and trying to impress the wrong girl. So I say, let's give him one more mission before writing him off.

georgemarvin
July 23, 2008, 11:41 PM
I say kill Inaba now. He's MUCH more useless than Kishimoto. He isn't a stealther like Nishi and Izumi. He is a coward, while Katou is courageous. He doesn't have survival instincts or a conscience like Kei. Kei didn't want to save the old bum, but he did anyway. If Inaba had been in that situation, he would have just told Katou to go jump in a lake. In the first mission, he would have been trying to show the crowd that was beating up the small onion alien that he should be their leader and he would have gotten slaughtered with the rest. When Kei ran away and left Kishimoto, he regretted it, but Inaba wouldn't have.
Inaba is as useless as Butter Dog, as annoying as a cockroach, and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Masterchief
July 23, 2008, 11:57 PM
dam your really anti-inaba, I think he is starting to realize that the only way he will survive is to cooperate with the rest of the team.

Mr.Aaron
July 24, 2008, 06:41 PM
I kind of agree with GM.

I mean cool ones like Kyou, and Kuwabara die yet Inaba lives.

TheGenius
July 25, 2008, 10:29 AM
I kind of agree with GM.

I mean cool ones like Kyou, and Kuwabara die yet Inaba lives.

Why should we like him anyways??

I mean it's his 4th mission, and he has not done crap. His brain is located in this testicles.

Story

Everyone is getting transfered back in the Gantz Room.

Reika: Ah, there is Hoi.

Hoi hugs HS.

Katou: So I think Hoi was the last one right?

Cherry: Wait a minute. Where is the guy that looks like Terry Bogard?

HS: Yah, I had a question about him guys, he had boners looking at my chick!

Katou: Anyways, Gantz started showing points, guess he "boned to death"!

The whole room : Hahahahahahahahahahahahaa!(even the ball cracks a smile)

Fin

GAT-X252
July 25, 2008, 11:15 AM
I don't hate Inaba...but the dude is so boring...

Mr.Aaron
July 25, 2008, 12:47 PM
If he survives this mission, I'm going to laugh at Oka.

warbandit66
July 25, 2008, 12:50 PM
As much as I dislike Inaba there's no denying that he has some some sort of courage, he was saying that they should stay and fight as well as being the first to take the leap over Nuri despite being scared, now that's bravery.

TheGenius
July 25, 2008, 01:49 PM
Bravery?? Nah....It's a run for it!

He really brought nothing to the series yet...except for the ecchi alien rape scene...

kaliayev
July 25, 2008, 02:27 PM
come on, the guy's got a magical cloak of survival. he's gotta use it for good at some point.

Amnesiac
July 28, 2008, 07:04 PM
Bravery?? Nah....It's a run for it!

It was either that or waiting for nuri to kill him. Only he and Kaze had the courage to jump, but Inaba failed. I bet the Inaba from the time of the oni mission would have just ran in the opposite direction of nuri and have his head explode.

Reika and Cherry did survive intact, but it was luck. If it weren't for Sakata holding the attack, they would have died without trying anything.

MissingLimb
August 27, 2008, 06:59 PM
So is Inaba comic-relief, a jackass, or a loser.
You decide.

(maybe he's even something more. . .)

merged

fancyultrafresh
August 28, 2008, 01:16 AM
He may be annoying, but he has survived five missions now. He could serve some sort of purpose later in the series if he's been around for this long now. There could be more to Inaba than we know, ha. Or maybe he'll just try to do something stupidly heroic to prove himself and finally die.

TheGenius
August 28, 2008, 04:39 PM
Loser, he does not have any kind of potential, the panda racked more than him....

Masterchief
August 29, 2008, 11:17 PM
the panda is uber, that just leaves more action that oku wont show us. I guess we'll see what happens with inaba in the next mission.

Hollow Kurono
August 30, 2008, 02:25 PM
Something more I told many times that I believe in him and stuff like that..blah,blah fuckin blah.Watch out for my man.

He may be annoying, but he has survived five missions now. He could serve some sort of purpose later in the series if he's been around for this long now. There could be more to Inaba than we know, ha. Or maybe he'll just try to do something stupidly heroic to prove himself and finally die.

Exactly and I think Oku should give him some alone 5 chapters time,to show what kind of person he is,cause sure he aint your typical asshole,he hates to screw up,see how he reacted and apreciates people so..a jackass can always become a hero :)

MissingLimb
August 30, 2008, 10:08 PM
Yea. It would be kinda funny if Kei came back, only to be surpassed by Inaba and then die again (not that I want that to happen).

Hollow Kurono
August 31, 2008, 12:36 AM
Yea. It would be kinda funny if Kei came back, only to be surpassed by Inaba and then die again (not that I want that to happen).

Realy,I didnt even say that Inaba will do such a thing.I just say taht he can be good.

Masterchief
August 31, 2008, 09:32 AM
he seemed to be dissapointed in himself at the end of this mission, i still say he is gonna get some points maybe not kurono or izumi level but he will get some points.

georgemarvin
August 31, 2008, 12:14 PM
He's going to try to do something heroic, botch it badly and die. We don't have any back story for him or the old man. They're expendable.

Masterchief
September 01, 2008, 01:07 AM
well we got some backstory for old man, i mean we know that his wife died and all and we saw her when he almost died. it would be funny if he took out a 100 pointer and died at the same time

MissingLimb
September 02, 2008, 06:09 PM
Old man. . .expendable?!?!? Don't make me cry again.

Back on topic: I hated Inaba for a while, but he really redeemed himself in this last chapter. He actually cares. Does anyone feel the same way as me?

Nomiya
September 02, 2008, 06:17 PM
He's too mentally weak, i hate people like him. He must die as soon as posible.

MissingLimb
September 02, 2008, 06:25 PM
You sound like Nishi

Nomiya
September 02, 2008, 06:41 PM
You sound like Nishi

Hahah i'm not sure if that's a compliment...

Well, one thing is clear, he's completely useless for Gantz. Takeshi and Hoi Hoi are best gantzers than Him, and that's worrying. So he must die.

Masterchief
September 02, 2008, 06:46 PM
i still say lets just wait and see either he dies or scores in about 3 months we should know.

102jayday
September 03, 2008, 02:28 AM
inaba is gonna do something BIG in the next mission...wheather thats die or kill something strong.

gHZoDD
September 03, 2008, 03:28 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/183/17/
He beat the crap out of kurono dead suit vs dead suit

If he can focus for once and channel his anger, he can do it. Right now hes just scared of dying all the time because everything "looks" like a monster and is huge in size etc.

Hes the type of guy who fights only when he knows the scale tips in his favor and when he knows he can win.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/183/18/
it looked like he was starting to realize it at that point, but oku made him a coward again lol.

warbandit66
September 03, 2008, 05:36 AM
It's not hard to beat the crap out of a teenager when you're a twenty something that just happens to be twice his size, and he was actually proud of himself.

Hollow Kurono
September 03, 2008, 10:21 AM
he seemed to be dissapointed in himself at the end of this mission, i still say he is gonna get some points maybe not kurono or izumi level but he will get some points.

HE should,he should.He has some points already.

well we got some backstory for old man, i mean we know that his wife died and all and we saw her when he almost died. it would be funny if he took out a 100 pointer and died at the same time

NAh,he wont and I dont want him to die and he didnt get much attention during the death of Kei,Kei is a big part of the old man and old man of Kurono so,I think when Kurono comes back,we will have things rolling.

Old man. . .expendable?!?!? Don't make me cry again.

Back on topic: I hated Inaba for a while, but he really redeemed himself in this last chapter. He actually cares. Does anyone feel the same way as me?

I felt for him for a long,long time now,since the Oni mission :) Since he started to cheer for Kurono.

You sound like Nishi

:D I so wanted to say that.

Hahah i'm not sure if that's a compliment...

Well, one thing is clear, he's completely useless for Gantz. Takeshi and Hoi Hoi are best gantzers than Him, and that's worrying. So he must die.

NO hes not useless,hell redeem himself,someway,somehow.

inaba is gonna do something BIG in the next mission...wheather thats die or kill something strong.

Co-sing that.

It's not hard to beat the crap out of a teenager when you're a twenty something that just happens to be twice his size, and he was actually proud of himself.

:D so true.

gHZoDD
September 03, 2008, 01:36 PM

yes thats exactly my point :p, if he goes into a fight thinking every enemy is just a teenager half his size or in his words, "just a brat", he can definitely with the power of the gantz suit become useful.

He can be the "noob-killer" of the gantz team, only killing off the weaker aliens until he gets better weapons. Doesn't this kind of remind you of a someone like Oka ? Though we dont know much about him(oka), we know he left while fighting Nuri, we dont know for sure yet if it was just to get better position or if he was just looking for an escape to save his own life. Again I dont think he is the kind of guy who will fight when the odds are not in his favor. I can think of an example in real life, as Some PRO BOXERS choose who they fight and avoid the top competition to only fight who they think they can win, thus easy paycheck etc.

Hey you never know, Inaba could be the next 7 time clearer in the future LOL
probity not though :darn

georgemarvin
September 03, 2008, 06:11 PM
People think Nishi was a coward because he was standing his ground and fighting the Tanaka, then ran from it after he lost his gun, his suit went dead, nobody would help him or throw him another gun, and he had no other options. But they don't think Inaba was a coward when he ran away from lots of minor enemies with a fully powered suit and guns up the yin-yang???

I call em like I see em, and I see a first-rate, yellow through-and-through coward. In the fight against Kei, Inaba was smarter than the other thugs; when Kei fired, he stayed close. He figured out that Kei could make the gun lock onto all of them at the same time. One shot, four casualties. Running would have meant time-delayed death. He got as close as he could instead of running. He is fast; he avoided the shot, pushed the gun aside and hit Kei hard. Also remember that Kei had been fighting hard against several enemies while Inaba was fresh; he had avoided all of the fights to that point. Remember that instead of fighting Kaze, Inaba just reasoned with him.

If Inaba ever gets 100 points, he's outta there. But at the rate he's going, he'll be 80 years old before he gets his points. He doesn't even do the cowardly things well. He can't hide and shoot. He's not even good at running. He's Butter Dog reborn.

Hollow Kurono
September 04, 2008, 12:13 AM
People think Nishi was a coward because he was standing his ground and fighting the Tanaka, then ran from it after he lost his gun, his suit went dead, nobody would help him or throw him another gun, and he had no other options. But they don't think Inaba was a coward when he ran away from lots of minor enemies with a fully powered suit and guns up the yin-yang???

Yeah,maybe,but Inaba never talked so much bullshit to the entire Gantz team,didnt shoot at anyone,or kill anyone in the room,no.Inaba never used the stealth mode,Nishi does it almost all the time,yah Nishi is a better Gantzer the Inaba,but Inaba isnt a coward like him.

its nice to see that 7 people voted for something more ,but by that they probably mean something even more negative.

Nomiya
September 04, 2008, 07:29 AM
but Inaba isnt a coward like him.

Coward, coward, coward... you don't know anymore words? In that room, and those missions cowardice is a relative term.

Nishi with just one mission has 75 points already, and almost killed the 100 pointer. That's the only thing that matters in gantz, if you're useless you're better to be dead. Even a child and a bear are better than him, he's pathetic.

GAT-X252
September 04, 2008, 12:20 PM
and almost killed the 100 pointer.

not really, the 100 pointer almost killed him.

Nomiya
September 04, 2008, 12:29 PM
not really, the 100 pointer almost killed him.

Both interpretations are correct.

Amnesiac
September 04, 2008, 01:17 PM
Even a child and a bear are better than him, he's pathetic.

They're not "better", the only reason they got points is because they were forced into fighting. (I'm assuming hoi-hoi wouldn't start randomly attacking aliens unless they attacked her first.)

Excluding Katou, Kaze, the kid and the panda, the only confrontation the Tokyo Team had was with imba nuri. Seeing as everybody was planning on jumping past nuri, it wasn't that coward of an action of Inaba to jump, Kaze did it too and it was really the only option.

Nomiya
September 04, 2008, 01:33 PM
I was not judging Inaba just for this last mission.

I don't wanna argue anymore about this mentally weak, he doesn't worth it.

Goodbye people!

georgemarvin
September 04, 2008, 01:36 PM
The difference is that people call Nishi a coward because, when he had no weapon, no suit, and was facing an enemy which could kill him in a matter of seconds, he ran for cover. Just like Katou, Kei, even Izumi would have done in similar situations. Then he didn't go to help Izumi when he was facing 1,000 bloodthirsty vampires. The truth is, there are only a few people who are brave (read: stupid) enough to face overwhelming odds to help somebody that they don't even like. Nobody called Kaze, Reika, Old Man and Inaba a bunch of craven cowards when they all decided not to help the civilians in the Nuri fight because it was too dangerous.
In other words, cowardice is somewhat relative. Everybody is afraid. Kei is scared sh!#;ess in a few missions. But he still does the heroic thing most of the time. Inaba's first instinct is to run. Unfortunately, he follows that instinct every time. It's what most people would do when they see a monster. But Gantz isn't looking for the average person. He's looking for hunters, and Inaba isn't a hunter; he is the hunted. Just because he wears a black suit doesn't mean that he can do the job.

Here's the difference between the "coward" Nishi
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/266/20/
and the coward Inaba:
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/268/12/

While Nishi was actively trying to find the biggest, baddest enemy around, Inaba was following Reika's group; they had already decided not to help any of the civilians, and when they saw what Nuri was capable of, they all gave up and started running.

When Nuri came back from being completely splattered, Nishi didn't run away; he kept on shooting.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/267/12/
Notice the firing stance and the piece of BFG flying out of his hand when Nuri takes his arm off.
Compare that to Inaba and company: when they got a taste of what Nuri was capable of, they all took off running as hard as they could. Kaze had to take care of Takeshi, so he had an excuse. The rest of them didn't. And Kaze jumped while the rest of them were keeping Nuri's attention by running out of bounds. Inaba waited until his head was about to explode before he jumped. Kaze's jump was strategic; Inaba's was pure desperation.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/268/14/
Compare that to Reika, who kept her head and grabbed the Old Man; she was able to save his life by taking him with her. Inaba was just out for himself.
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/268/19/

Basically, Nishi is called a coward because he tried to escape a situation where he couldn't win, when he had no way to fight and there were no other options. He keeps his head and keeps fighting as long as he is able, even against something as scary as Nura-zilla. He was still shooting when Nuri blew his arm off. Inaba runs every time he is in the slightest danger. He didn't even try to shoot at Nura or save the old man; he only thought of saving himself.

Amnesiac
September 04, 2008, 11:12 PM
Kaze had to take care of Takeshi, so he had an excuse. The rest of them didn't.

lolwut

They all had an excuse for avoiding nuri. When you see a big over-powered monster that can shred you to pieces in a few seconds without touching you, running away is the obvious option.

Compare that to Reika, who kept her head and grabbed the Old Man; she was able to save his life by taking him with her.

The problem with Inaba's jump was that it was reckless and not planned out like Kaze, he payed the price for the mistake.

While she did good by holding on to the old man, she was also stupid (cherry too) for just standing there waiting for death. They were just lucky that Sakata tried and managed to hold nuri off, otherwise their fate would have been the same as Inaba and the old-man.

Inaba runs every time he is in the slightest danger.

Not the slightest, only after seeing Nuri's tremendous power. Also I imagine the head-beeping pushed some insane fear of dying into him.

He didn't even try to shoot at Nura or save the old man; he only thought of saving himself.

Nobody else did try to shoot Nuri. Reika was already carrying the old man, there wasn't anything else Inaba or Cherry could do for him.

georgemarvin
September 05, 2008, 01:46 AM
They all had an excuse for avoiding nuri. When you see a big over-powered monster that can shred you to pieces in a few seconds without touching you, running away is the obvious option.

Evidently it wasn't all that obvious. The "coward" Nishi didn't think it was the obvious option. He stood his ground and kept shooting. The heroin addict, Kuwabara, George, Oka, Katou and eventually Kaze all stood and fought Nura. When he was the giant with laser eyes, he was even more dangerous than as nura-zilla. He was pretty creepy and deadly as the ecchi giant, too. a real "man-eater". Literally. Nura was pretty scary and deadly in several forms.

But that isn't the only time that Inaba panicked and ran.
He's consistently ran away from everything except his own shadow. Well, I don't think he's ran away from it yet...
http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/198/02/

During the Dino mission, Cherry, Sakata, Kaze and Reika all fought. What did Inaba do? Hid behind a column. When Kei told Reika to give him her gun, she was indignant and said she could fight. Inaba said he would protect her, but he didn't manage to shoot a single 1-point dino. Everybody else except Inaba and the weaponless Reika got at least 5 points. Kei should have let Reika keep the gun, but he didn't know that the girl was a much better fighter than Inaba.
The horsemen mission, everybody except Inaba and the biker thugs managed to get points. He evidently found a nice safe spot to hide.
Remember the Oni mission? When he thought the vampires were human, he bragged that he was the leader of the Gantz team. As soon as he figured out that they were dangerous, he ran just as fast as he could. He switched sides during the Tae mission as soon as thought the odds had shifted. He didn't mind one bit that he was killing a teenage girl. He just figured out that the thugs were stronger than Kei's team.

In other words, Inaba is the worst player on the Gantz team. If he survives for 10 years, he might get his 100 points. But it's doubtful. He can't hide every time; about half of the aliens have a way to track the locations of the Gantz members.

The fact that he's a terrible Gantz player wouldn't make him a bad person in real life; he's just not a hunter. Same goes for the priest in the 1000 arms mission. He stuck to his beliefs to the very end. That didn't make him bad. It just meant that he wasn't a good team member. Gantz is trying to recruit an army of fighters, but he has to take whoever that has died within a few minutes of the transfer every time. Inaba is just very poorly suited to army life. What does make Inaba a bad person is his actions during the Tae mission. He was perfectly willing to join a bunch of thugs and kill an innocent teenage girl. His poor judgment continued during the Oni mission when he was tricked into thinking that the oni was Reika and it was the real Reika's level-headed leadership that saved him that time. He nearly died this last mission due to his lack of intelligence. Overall, lack of judgment wouldn't matter much if he was a used car salesman, but it's pretty important when your life is on the line. And he's showed really poor judgment consistently.

Amnesiac
September 10, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evidently it wasn't all that obvious. The "coward" Nishi didn't think it was the obvious option. He stood his ground and kept shooting. The heroin addict, Kuwabara, George, Oka, Katou and eventually Kaze all stood and fought Nura. When he was the giant with laser eyes, he was even more dangerous than as nura-zilla. He was pretty creepy and deadly as the ecchi giant, too. a real "man-eater". Literally. Nura was pretty scary and deadly in several forms.

Boobie-nuri was deadly but psychic-nuri is obviously deadlier: there's way to know when he's going to attack, you can't see the attack coming and it does critical damage almost-instantly. Nishi is not dumb, if he knew what nuri would mutate into after the h-gun pounding, he would have backed out and think of a new plan. And for the record, I never called Nishi a coward.

The addict didn't stood against nuri, he shot it from a distance. Yes, probably Inaba and others would be afraid to even provoke nuri, but even then that doesn't take nearly as much guts as what Anzu, George, Kuwa, Sakata, Kaze or Katou did.

I didn't include Oka in the previous list because, there's not really much to praise compared to those six. Oka bailed out as soon as he lost his uber suit, while Katou stood before Nuri with a broken regular suit.

During the Dino mission, Cherry, Sakata, Kaze and Reika all fought. What did Inaba do? Hid behind a column. When Kei told Reika to give him her gun, she was indignant and said she could fight. Inaba said he would protect her, but he didn't manage to shoot a single 1-point dino. Everybody else except Inaba and the weaponless Reika got at least 5 points. Kei should have let Reika keep the gun, but he didn't know that the girl was a much better fighter than Inaba.

Lol that raptor shooting wasn't really a "fight", so Inaba's cowardice shouldn't have any effect there. He probably just missed or someone else's shot got his target first.

His poor judgment continued during the Oni mission when he was tricked into thinking that the oni was Reika

Poor judgement? Neither he or anyone else had seen any alien shapeshifting, he would never guess such a thing was even possible.

For all he knew it was Reika, and according to her, the pros Kurono and Izumi had been pwned. I doubt most straight guys wouldn't have ended up having a sexy time with the alien-reika.

Most people are treating Inaba as too much of a 1-dimensional character.

Yes, he's a coward. But he's not the same coward he was during the dino mission, which is also different from the coward from the tae mission, which is not the same as the oni mission coward, and right now he's a different coward too.

He has been changing and I think we're almost at the point where his self-hatred is reaching a max and he will redeem himself, possibly with a self sacrifice.

Starzen
September 10, 2008, 04:23 PM
I didn't know that there where different levels and types of cowardice. Lets hope that the guy can redeem himself on the next mission.

Amnesiac
September 10, 2008, 05:17 PM
At first he was just a douche trying to look cool, then a douche that would hurt teammates just to save himself, during the oni mission he changed his views about Kurono and after the mission realised the useless fool he had been.

In this last mission he wanted to prove himself useful and help the team but ended up, to his later regret, overwhelmed by fear.

Also, notice that while in the Tae mission he went to great lengths to try and kill Kurono, before the osaka mission he answered the call and went with the team to save him.

warbandit66
September 10, 2008, 06:57 PM
http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-162/page015.html

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but is that Inaba in the background? I thought he didn't attend the training sessions held by Kurono.

georgemarvin
September 10, 2008, 08:58 PM
http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/cha...2/page015.html

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but is that Inaba in the background? I thought he didn't attend the training sessions held by Kurono.

It does look like he did attend one session after the Dino mission, but they all make it pretty clear that he didn't normally attend them. He may have attended them at first, but I would imagine that there were a lot of hard feelings toward him after the Tae mission. I just can't see Kei welcoming him back with open arms. And after Kei left, Reika is probably the least forgiving of any member of the team.

All of the aliens are dangerous. Most people would be scared of them. But what defines a hero isn't somebody having no fear. It's somebody who overcomes his fears to do what's right anyway. As a Gantz player, Inaba is as useless as Butter Dog, but that isn't why everybody hates him. He switched sides during the Tae mission to try to kill an innocent girl just to save his own hide. That contemptable, traitorous decision cost him any respect he might have had. He's like a dog that bites you; only a fool will trust that dog again. People also don't like the fact that he tries to be the leader when he doesn't have any qualifications and has never proven himself to be anything other than a useless jerk.

Historically, people have always been pack hunters; men like to hunt with people who they can depend on because of millions of years of evolution. For the majority of the at least 1.9 million years the human race has existed (the oldest anatomically modern human skeleton ever found, "Turkana boy" was 6'1, 190 lbs, with a skull and skeleton that looks almost identical to ours), the family and tribe has depended on the group being able to coordinate their movements to hunt together. I would imagine that somebody who ran away every time he was given a job to do during a hunt, had traitorous tendencies and challenged the chief constantly would soon have a new designation: either "lunch" or "fertilizer" in most primitive societies.

Amnesiac
September 11, 2008, 01:43 PM
(Actually, the oldest anatomically modern human known lived no more than 200 thousand years ago)

Like I said, you're treating Inaba too 1-dimensionally. He may still be a coward, but at least his asshole attitude has changed , that to me was enough for taking him off my "most hated character ever" position.

It's easy to stop being a douche, but it's hard to overcome one's fears.

georgemarvin
September 11, 2008, 08:22 PM
(Actually, the oldest anatomically modern human known lived no more than 200 thousand years ago)

Actually, it's like when President Clinton was debating the meaning of "is". It really depends on exactly how close the match has to be.

With nearly every bone in its body identical to a modern man's, a height at adulthood of 6'1, a weight of 190 pounds, a brain just slightly smaller than the average person today, and a collection of pretty well-made stone tools in the area, it was pretty darn close.

Turkana boy was originally estimated to be 1.9 million years old, but it has evidently been scaled back to 1.6 million now. The skeleton appears to have a slight deformity in the throat, making speech slightly more difficult, it didn't have much of a chin, and it had a slightly smaller brain than a modern human. The anthropologists, the Leeky family who had a vested interest in showing that modern humans aren't that old of a species because they still insist in plugging some pre-gorilla skeletons their father found into the human family tree, used some idiotic idea that it would have aged much faster than modern humans when they were figuring out the brain size at adulthood; by their math, it would have a capacity of 910 ccs. If it aged at the same rate as modern humans, it would be close to 1,000 ccs at adulthood. That's on the low end of the scale but not unheard of among people today. For comparison, the average modern Kenyan Masai's brain capacity is 1180 ccs. Just to show how retarded he was, Anatole France won the 1921 Nobel Prize for literature. When he died at the age of 80, France’s cranial capacity measured in at 933 cc. Speaking of the Masai who still live in that region of Kenya, Their hips are also, coincidentally, identical to Turkana Boy's. They are also coincidentally known for cranial deformities like Turkana Boy's. All of the rest of the skeleton is identical to a modern human's. If you forget about the baseless speculations of the Leeky family, who have a vested interest in proving that he is much different than modern humans, if the Turkana Boy was alive today, he would probably be close enough to a modern human that if you put him in modern clothes and walked through wal-mart with him, nobody would give him a second look.

Inaba is like a dog that bites. Just because he stops growling doesn't mean he has become your best friend.

Yeah, fears are hard to overcome. If that was all that people didn't like about Inaba, he would be sympathetic instead of hated.

One big problem with Inaba is that he hasn't done anything but he wants to lead the team anyway. It's like the kid who says "I don't want to start at the top. I'll settle for vice president to start."

Amnesiac
September 11, 2008, 11:19 PM
The consensus among the scientific community seems to be that the turkana boy was a homo erectus, same genus as us but not the same species, and separated by more than a million years. You probably wouldn't be to produce fertile offspring with a female one. :p

About Inaba, you could see he was always feeling superior to Kurono and all. However, having bailed out from fights twice in the Oni mission and then seeing Kurono and Izumi's heroism made him feel pretty bad about himself (but he didn't show it to the rest of team), after failing to do anything useful and yet surviving again in this last mission he cried in public. Doesn't seem at all like he's an asshole pretending to be nice.

Yeah, fears are hard to overcome. If that was all that people didn't like about Inaba, he would be sympathetic instead of hated.

And everyone should. I never liked him, but I do sympathise with him now. He was a bastard before, but now the character is changed, and trying to change more.

I'm really tired of hearing everyone whining about him all the damn time. It happens in every single chapter thread, even though Inaba rarely talks/acts in a chapter. For crying out loud, it's like people have a compulsive need to bash a character and over-hype another.

"blahblahblah inaba is so useless... blahblah it will take a decade for him to reach 100 points... blahblah oka is the shit even though we never saw him... blahblahblah I once masturbated thinking about HS...", and so on.

#edit#
Oh, I'd also like to point out that it equally pisses me off when people bash on Nishi because of the Tanaka mission, but surprisingly I haven't seen much of that lately.

And lol, georgemarvin, it's funny we have the same post count right now. x)

georgemarvin
September 12, 2008, 12:30 AM
Actually, odds are that they would be viable. The body is identical to modern humans from the neck down. There are modern humans with deformities of the skull much worse than Turkana boy. There are a lot of other pieces of skeletons that seem to show that Leakey isn't all that and a bag of chips: his theories have more holes in them than swiss cheese. The Neanderthals have a much larger variance from our DNA than Homo Erectus, and there seems to have been some interbreeding with modern humans. There is one 900,000 year old skull that appears to have been a viable crossbreed between erectus and neanderthal who lived to adulthood. The children were probably infertile like mules, though. But there are several different species that have been jammed together into the "homo erectus" fold. Some of them would pass for modern human while others are obviously from more primitive species.

Remember that the Leakey family has dominated the field for almost a hundred years. Even though the newer finds indicate that there were several separate species evolving in the same area at the same time, they keep trying to put the primitive gorillas and chimpanzees back into the human lineage at least a couple of million years after the species had split. These obvious proto-chimps and proto-apes lived over a million years later than
http://surplus-and-salvage.com/pictures/comparison2.jpg
http://surplus-and-salvage.com/pictures/comparison3.jpg

these proto-humans.
http://surplus-and-salvage.com/pictures/homo_habilis_representation2.jpg

There have been quite a few highly questionable decisions over the past couple of decades to preserve the Leakey theories. It's more likely that there were three separate species evolving at the same time in the same area and they have dumped a crapload of chimp and gorilla bones into the human genus because it pays better and makes headlines. If you say "we found some 2 million year old gorilla bones", who cares? But if you say "these are a missing link in human evolution!!!" it makes headlines and money. The WT-40000 skull, for instance, was in an a layer that was over 4 million years old. It was carbon dated at 3.9 million years. All of the flora and fauna was dated at 4 million years, but its age was dropped to 3.5 million then to 2.9 million because it couldn't be that old: the proto-gorilla australopithecines were much more primitive and they were less than 3 million years old.

About Inaba: Yeah, Oku has made him a little more likable lately. He's finally figured out that he's not only not the star of the team, he's about the most useless. But the public crying won't make most people feel sorry for him. If Oku gives us a little back story, he might get a little more sympathy.

Amnesiac
September 15, 2008, 08:44 PM
Molecular biology begs to differ, the time of divergence from our common ancestor seems to be around 200,000 years. (mitochondrial DNA, etc)

A few men don't dictate science for everyone else, that's not how it works. If it was really so clear that turkana boy is the same as a modern human, scientists everywhere wouldn't have been fooled into thinking otherwise.

georgemarvin
September 15, 2008, 11:04 PM
Actually, you're a little confused about the mitochondrial DNA and the definition of last common ancestor.

The current last common female mitochondrial ancestor of the human race lived 200,000 years ago. The last common male y-chromosomal ancestor of the human race lived just 60,000 years ago. However, it's going to be just 1,600 years ago soon; it seems that Attila the Hun's DNA is so prevalent among the population that he's going to be the last common ancestor of the whole human race shortly. A little bit of his DNA is already in 96% of the population of Turkey, meaning that he's the last common ancestor of that percentage of the Turkish population.

The last common ancestor isn't where a species splits from another one. It's not even closely related to evolution. It just means that every member of our race has a little bit of that one male's DNA.

A few men do have great influence over the field of archaeology. The Leakey family have had special permissions from the Kenyan government for generations; they get exclusive access to lots of areas. The items that they recover and send to the Kenyan national museum are a major source of funding for the family. Richard Leakey was also the curator of that museum for decades; he originally got his job after his parents gave the KNM 2,000 pounds per year to give him a seat on the board of directors. It was a great investment. He has made a fortune from the fossils that he recovers, and the books that he writes about them. His family forced the Kenyan government to appoint him to a cabinet position in 1999, in order to continue to receive donations from international charities that they controlled. But he had to resign twice because of corruption charges between then and 2001, when he resigned for the final time and wrote a book telling his side of the story.

As long as the Leakey family has a huge influence over the KNM, and have exclusive digging rights in much of the country, there will continue to be yearly revelations about our origins, many of them nothing more than a few obvious monkey bones that are given the weight of real proto-human artifacts. Items will be re-dated again and again to fit the next book's premises. And items that don't agree with the current theory will quietly disappear.

Look at nearly any of the pre-human and early human artifacts, and you will notice that it is from the KNM, and found in an expedition that was funded by the Leakey family.

If it was really so clear that turkana boy is the same as a modern human, scientists everywhere wouldn't have been fooled into thinking otherwise.
I never said that Turkana Boy is the same as a modern human. He is close enough to modern humans that people alive today have each of the deformities which he has; in other words, while he is not normal, he is just barely within the standard range of deviation for modern humans. Doctors have names for each of the abnormalities in his skull, because they have encountered and treated each of them in modern humans.
From the neck down, he is within the normal range for modern humans, with the sole exception that his pelvic structure is better designed for running, but it is identical to those of the Masai tribe who live in the same area.
The differences are
1. The sloping forehead, which is uncommon, but isn't out of the range of modern humans.
2. Small brain capacity, which is between 910-1000 ccs at adulthood, depending on his actual age. Again, uncommon but not so far below those of the modern Masai that it would be considered to be a mutation.
3. Small chin. Uncommon but not outside the range of deviation of the local tribe. If you look at the picture of the village elder in the wikipedia page for the tribe, you will note the small chin.
4. Thicker vertebrae in the area of the vocal cords. Not outside the range of deviation.

The Turkana Boy shows that the only evolution in the last 1.6 million years has been that our brains have grown slightly larger, and our spines have mutated slightly in the area of our vocal cords to accommodate finer speech. From the neck down, he's totally human. The odds would be that he could interbreed successfully with people today. The neanderthal was a mutation from the main human ancestry that did not succeed, but the main line of our ancestry has been successful enough that we haven't changed much in at least that length of time.

Leaving the Leakeys and their books aside, there is one archaic homo sapiens or homo ergaster skull which is nearly a million years old and had a brain capacity of about 1400 ccs, the same as a modern human's, but there are some which are less than 500,000 years old that have less brain capacity than a modern human's, so there isn't a really clear date that separates the homo ergaster from archaic homo sapiens.

If you only look at the skulls with a flat face, spine designed for running and walking upright, the beginning of a Broca's area (speech), and skulls that are shaped more similar to those of modern humans than those of chimpanzees and gorillas, there aren't very many artifacts.
Proconsul Africansus: 27 million years-13 million years: several fossils. Brain capacity: 300+/-ccs
KNM-ER 4000 Age: 3.5 million years. Brain capacity: 500 ccs. Many modern human features.
Tuang Child: Age: 2.9 million years. 3 year old Female. Brain capacity: 340 ccs. Depending on how fast it would mature, probable brain capacity at adulthood was probably about the same as KNM-ER 4000.
KNM-ER 1813: 1.9 million years, brain capacity: 510 ccs. Practically identical to KNM-ER 4000.
KNM-ER 1470: 1.8 million years, brain capacity: 775 ccs.
KNM-ER 3733: 1.7 million years, brain capacity: 850 ccs.
Turkana Boy: 1.6 million years, brain capacity: 900-1000 ccs.
Tautavel Man: 400,000 years, brain capacity: unknown: halfway between Homo Sapien and Neanderthal.
All of the non-neanderthal skulls less than 1.5 million years old are either clearly those of proto-gorillas and proto-chimps, or close enough to modern humans that they are within the limits of standard deviations.

The actual DNA evidence seems to indicate that chimpanzees are actually more highly evolved than we are, in the sense that their DNA has changed much more than ours has over the past 8 million years, since the species split. It also shows that chimps are a much more successful species than humans, in evolutionary terms. They haven't come close to extinction in millions of years, as is shown by the diversity of their DNA. On the other hand, the fact that all human DNA is almost identical shows that humans almost became extinct 73,000 years ago; fewer than 5,000 females survived worldwide. A smaller brush with extinction happened just 13,000 years ago. Since we've almost become extinct twice in just the last 100,000 years, it seems that high intelligence might not be that great of an improvement from an evolutionary viewpoint. And that is one problem with the fossil record: a large percentage of our genetic diversity was lost in those two near-extinctions. Things that may have been perfectly normal among our ancestors a few hundred thousand years ago would be considered to be major deviations from the norm today.

gHZoDD
September 19, 2008, 12:52 AM
i just noticed that inaba came to help when kei was going to get attacked by vampires, didn't really pay attention to it before. seems very out of character of him to do so. to risk his own life to fight vamps and help kurono who wasn't even really his friend.

but then again this was coming off an impressive 10 point mission :D

Mr.Aaron
September 20, 2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah. He's had a change of heart, I think.

igotthegoods
September 27, 2008, 04:10 PM
Everyone, please keep your posts related to the topic of this thread, which is Inaba. Any more off-topic posts may be deleted.

kaliayev
September 28, 2008, 10:43 PM
you know what i love? inaba's still alive going into the cluster fuck that's coming up. probability of a purpose just went up by 1.7382%.

gHZoDD
September 28, 2008, 10:51 PM
i really want to see a few pages of him being heroic, but i don't think its going to happen :(

Masterchief
September 29, 2008, 12:11 AM
im not caring about him anymore this story has enough hereos.

Chloe Unprettier
October 11, 2008, 08:57 PM
Inaba would probably have the guts to stand up for himself on the next mission only to end up and fail and will have a farewell tearful thanksgiving before the hour of his death arrives.

croissant
October 12, 2008, 04:39 AM
the choice "comic relief" made me scratch my head... erm, the scene with alien reika?

anyway, he's really a loser that oddly can't die... wish there was more to this guy tho...

First time posting here!

Masterchief
October 12, 2008, 08:21 AM
looking back at the oni mission inaba did display some bravery at the beginning of the mission when he said he was the "leader" but after the fire oni killed the other 2 guys guess he got scared shitless and ran away.

putopooche
November 16, 2008, 01:49 AM
ahahaha.. he's stupidness is funny.. hahaha:p

Revilenigma
February 06, 2009, 11:39 AM
Its either one the missing tokyo guys will save him: Kaze and Takeshi, Kill Bill and Host Samurai, Nishi, or hoihoi
or the osaka guys will save him: nerdy guy, the osaka 3 (Knob, George, Pervy mcgee)
or maybe some random strong gantz dude wandering around
or maybe inaba goes BWAAHHH and upcuts those lil shits

GAT-X252
February 06, 2009, 01:23 PM
He will be saved, somehow...i don't see him dying.

But if he does..well, i hope i doesn't take the whole chapter.

Amigo!
February 06, 2009, 10:08 PM
i bet he dies in the first few pages, although i would prefer that he lives and becomes like an anti hero.

JediKnight
February 09, 2009, 11:15 PM
Being the loser that he is, he'll live and somebody will save him or die
instead of him.

Charlie
February 09, 2009, 11:47 PM
Inba feels like the character that wont die because he is expecting it to come. I think he will be saved by Kaze in the current situation, then later when he thinks he is safe and clear BOOOM! He's gone, thats it adios amigo, see ya later. At least thats what I hope happens if he does not "man-up" anytime soon.

warbandit66
February 10, 2009, 12:52 PM
I'm expecting a major nerd flail from him, eyes closed, screaming, teary eyed and blasting everything in his way to hell.

Mikako
February 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
That cupidos will shoot him with his own gun. It'd be very suitable death for him.

But I think he'll live (and I want him to live - c'mon, breaks between chapters/missions and no Inaba-babbling, crazy Inaba-theories, complaining about Inaba?), probably saved by Reika or Kurono. Somehow I just don't see someone like Host Samurai on the same page as him.

gantz8213
February 11, 2009, 09:37 PM
ok 1st theroy: HoiHoi comes in and kicks a** and forgets names, and Inaba fells so depressed that a panda saved him he kills him self, lol...
No really, i think someone will do like Kauto did in the nuri misson, and just kinda of save him for no reason...to bad they won't let him die lol...i hate inaba all ways actin cool then running like a bit** when things get a bit scary...

Charlie
February 11, 2009, 09:48 PM
ok 1st theroy: HoiHoi comes in and kicks a** and forgets names, and Inaba fells so depressed that a panda saved him he kills him self, lol...
No really, i think someone will do like Kauto did in the nuri misson, and just kinda of save him for no reason...to bad they won't let him die lol...i hate inaba all ways actin cool then running like a bit** when things get a bit scary...

Why did a panda sex scene cross my mind when I read your post?
If HoiHoi does save Inba, then for Inba its time to pay.... and that ain't no bamboo sticks I'm talk'n bout.....:clap2:grin-_-;:yoshi

On a serious note, Inba wont die! I get the feeling he has some purpose in this arc. I thought perhaps as a translator but who knows...

gantz8213
February 11, 2009, 10:32 PM
yeah i thought the same thing...there has to be at LEAST one bi-lingual person in the gantz team...also im surprised no one said this (from what i've seen) there are no new people in the room...does this mean that gantz won't take in new people or what?...also about inaba having a purpose i think it could be him just snapping...it would be the first time...he kinda snaps, kills everything, kurono-pwnage on anything that moves, even gantzers...i think that is another way he could die...

Revilenigma
February 12, 2009, 01:33 PM
he is one of the stongest members of the team (remember when he beat the shit out of kei), I think this is going to be the mission when he shows his full potential like kato did in osaka and kei did at the musuem

warbandit66
February 12, 2009, 01:54 PM
he is one of the stongest members of the team (remember when he beat the shit out of kei), I think this is going to be the mission when he shows his full potential like kato did in osaka and kei did at the musuem

He's a 20 something who just happens to be over 6 feet tall, Kei is a fairly short highschooler, there would be something seriously wrong if Inaba couldn't beat him up.

Mikako
February 12, 2009, 02:17 PM
Well, during the same mission Kei killed some of the rapists and scared and made run away rest of them. Inaba was the only one who didn't run away AND defeated the experienced Gantzer. He's not useless when he isn't scared to the death. Too bad he usually is.

Revilenigma
February 12, 2009, 03:07 PM
good point, and kei didnt look intrested in fighting back either

Mr.Aaron
February 13, 2009, 03:13 PM
But if he does..well, i hope i doesn't take the whole chapter.
hahahahha, That made me laugh.

I agree, I also don't see him dying.

gantz8213
February 15, 2009, 04:11 PM
hahahahha, That made me laugh.

I agree, I also don't see him dying.

seriously no one can see him dying yet, almost everyone wants him too...and i wouldn't care if it took a whole chapter as long as it's flashy...like he finally gets the guts to fight back, murdering the cupids, and getting away from them just to get into a hand-hand fight with the boss...that would be awesome, as long as he snaps and goes out swinging...

Mikako
February 15, 2009, 04:58 PM
Yes, as long as his death would be less lame than his life was.

Revilenigma
February 19, 2009, 02:08 PM
Im the only one who seems to like him, I hope he saves suzuki and whoops major ass!!!

GAT-X252
February 20, 2009, 06:59 PM
I hope he does that too!

:p

But if this is his time to die, it would be a good dead if he does while trying to help the old man.

Damura
February 24, 2009, 07:54 AM
Inaba will be seperated into 18 chunks of unrecognizable flesh. Each of these bits will be subsequently penetrated by the penis that the centaur in chapter 292 was holding on to.

GAT-X252
February 24, 2009, 09:50 AM
Inaba will be seperated into 18 chunks of unrecognizable flesh. Each of these bits will be subsequently penetrated by the penis that the centaur in chapter 292 was holding on to.

It's not a penis.

http://www.digital-images.net/Images/Florence/Art_Archit/Hercules_Nessus_4125.jpg

Charlie
February 24, 2009, 10:09 AM
Nice Damura, that would be fun to watch, well at least the first part about the 18 chunks of unrecognizable flesh. I could do with the visual imagery of the second one :eyeroll:D.

Edit:

It's not a penis.

http://www.digital-images.net/Images/Florence/Art_Archit/Hercules_Nessus_4125.jpg

Yeah, all of us know its not a penis :p. The link you provided does not help either. :o :spaz:smile-big. Inba will be owned by the penis. If oku goes with that route, I will call him god!

JediKnight
February 24, 2009, 07:56 PM
Inaba will not die. I see him surviving til the end. :mad Man I really do hate
his bitchass

Revilenigma
February 26, 2009, 02:13 PM
whats really sucks about all this is that even if he became a badass and beat the boss and save everyone he wont rember it cause hes too injured, i bet the last thing hell remember is throwing up.

Damura
February 27, 2009, 06:47 AM
There's no way Inaba's going to become a "bad ass". He tried that shit against Kurono during the Tae mission, he tried it again during the Oni mission, and every single time he had 3 guys backing him up... those guys are all dead of course. No, Inaba was designed to be a coward and that's exactly how he's going to die, with one last act of cowardice.

Revilenigma
February 27, 2009, 11:13 AM
he didnt run away with the chicken-raptors and the ring aliens

Mikako
February 27, 2009, 03:02 PM
And he's getting worse. After being a cocky idiot, he's finally realized how hopeless he is ...and well, it didn't help. He's just not mentally strong enough and now can't catch up even though he already know he need to.

Amigo!
February 28, 2009, 12:46 AM
i cant wait until oku either proves all the inaba bashers correct or totally throws inaba's badassness in their faces...either way there is gonna be a wtf moment...lol

Amigo!
February 28, 2009, 12:54 AM
i think inaba just keeps getting a tough break, i mean kuronos first mission didnt have insane dinos, and come on if you think about it kei is still kinda young so the idea of being a hero is something he can still believe in but when you get older you except that hero's dont exist and your only so strong... i think inaba's mature personality holds him back.

Damura
February 28, 2009, 06:35 AM
For now, I'm going to expect to see something like this again:

http://media1.mangavolume.com/Manga/Gantz/Gantz%20199/compressed/9110_195908.jpg

xi0
February 28, 2009, 01:16 PM
i think inaba just keeps getting a tough break, i mean kuronos first mission didnt have insane dinos, and come on if you think about it kei is still kinda young so the idea of being a hero is something he can still believe in but when you get older you except that hero's dont exist and your only so strong... i think inaba's mature personality holds him back.

No matter how you look at it, Inaba is still a coward and an opportunist. And the latest chapter only reinforces these things.

Damura
March 01, 2009, 07:31 AM
Inaba's potential: zero.

xi0
March 01, 2009, 06:01 PM
Inaba's potential: zero.

People might have made this thread when there was still hope for Inaba's development into someone more worthwhile, but he represents cowardice in Gantz, and it's looking less and less likely that that'll change.

Damura
March 02, 2009, 04:50 AM
^
You're right about that. I checked and this thread was started before I'd even heard of Gantz!

102jayday
March 02, 2009, 06:44 AM

read the osaka mission again, watch nerdo, he has it bad and goes nuts and kicks aliens with nuri beams.

old man had it tough too, dont think he was on the run/drive from the t rex's and fought the main boss, 100 eyes. then he still fought when the vampires owned them all. inaba actions were mostly to humans. tae and kurono, if kurono didnt hold back they would of died, but knowing he murdered someone distracted him and thats how inaba and the rape group won. also the oni mission inaba only thought of taken them on because they looked human then when he realise they were not he run for the hills.

but he has had push after push so its time he dies or fights back so he has to wake up and start shooting the aliens left. old man killed most.
makes me sick how he tried to pick up reika saying he knows the real her and kurono is a school punk. kurono has the urge to fight back when he is cornered well his ego as a child does the child that kato idolise over.

Renan
March 02, 2009, 12:31 PM
Judging by the spoiler pictures Inaba has no more room for potential.

cassaruby
March 02, 2009, 12:44 PM
his potential is split, like maybe something's holding him down

Amigo!
March 02, 2009, 09:37 PM
well looks like he's dead and was never destined to be a hero, i just saw the spoilers. :(

Renan
March 02, 2009, 10:51 PM
That's Inaba for ya!

JediKnight
March 03, 2009, 02:42 PM
Inaba got stepped on like a bug, yeah he got what he deserved.

He has no potential. The only time he acted tough was against Tae.
When he confronted the Oni boss with the rape group he tried to act
big and bad. The the rape group were killed by fire Oni, he ran like the
wind. Even had sex with alien that disguised itself as Reika. What a tool.
Like reika would want to have sex with him. Inaba has no potential at all.

Spoiler tags please!

Amnesiac
March 03, 2009, 02:49 PM
I read the first words of your post and I'm hoping that was just mindless rambling and not a spoiler. To be safe I'm not reading any more posts from you until the chapter hits...

JediKnight
March 03, 2009, 06:52 PM
Believe it or not, wheather you want to admit it or not. Inaba's character
was needed in Gantz. He was a tool yes, but he braught in alot of realism
to Gantz. Hey have a couple of friends like Inaba, and they piss me the hell
off half the time. I still don't like Inaba, but I'm trying to understand him.
Guess he at least deserves that much.

Amigo!
March 04, 2009, 02:39 AM
naw inaba wasn't a tool, tools are people who think their better then everyone else and are constantly trying to one up everyone, naw inaba's more like a realist who just realized that everything he believed in wasn't true.
I mean if it wasn't for izumi he'd still be alive and a successful architect.

warbandit66
March 04, 2009, 05:31 PM
Me neither, I stand firmly by what I said, even Takeshi, an infant was forced to fight in similar circumstances.

Amnesiac
March 04, 2009, 06:20 PM
"similar" as in "largely different".

xi0
March 04, 2009, 07:56 PM
I'd just like to remind certain members here to remain on-topic regarding the subject of the thread. Try to keep the one-line posts to minimum too, unless it can't be helped.

There is always the Hang-Out thread for discussions that don't warrant their own thread, but even those should pertain to Gantz.

Pointless spam and mod-bashing won't be tolerated, and will be dealt with accordingly.

JediKnight
March 05, 2009, 10:34 AM
Everybody was scared and terrified when they first went to Gantz. But come
on after a while your survival instincts kick in. Hey if Takeshi can do it why
can't a Inaba. " Some are not meant to be hereos", well said Oku.

Revilenigma
March 05, 2009, 01:44 PM
that was the funniest gantz moment ever

well it turns out he went into badass mode and got his legs crushed, arm, ear and eye riped out, wonder if hes still alive?

warbandit66
March 05, 2009, 02:40 PM
"similar" as in "largely different".

Not that different in fact since, they were both backed into a corner with their lives in almost certain danger, Takeshi also attempted to fight the big grass field guy when he saw that Kaze was in trouble, not too different from Inaba fighting for the only one that cared for him on the team.

xi0
March 05, 2009, 07:09 PM
Not that different in fact since, they were both backed into a corner with their lives in almost certain danger, Takeshi also attempted to fight the big grass field guy when he saw that Kaze was in trouble, not too different from Inaba fighting for the only one that cared for him on the team.

That was Inaba's perception though. What about the other members who tied off his wounds in the Yokai mission? I guess he was unconscious then but still.

Inaba was a bit delusional, sure Suzuki was friendly to him, but he was friendly to everyone. It's nice that Inaba finally got snapped back into reality, but his death was unavoidable.....if he is dead. He did get stomped pretty badly, but he wasn't ripped apart like others were...who knows?

No, he's probably dead, nvm.

Amnesiac
March 06, 2009, 12:42 AM

Takeshi:

- Against weak aliens that have a hard time taking down the suit.
- Aliens can be easily beaten by pure brute strength.

Inaba:

- Against a bunch of aliens with such powers that a simple touch can mean losing a limb or even death.
- Aliens can only be killed by weaponry.
- Dead gantzers all around the place.
- Old man dismembered next to him.

warbandit66
March 08, 2009, 12:35 PM
@Amnesiac... Is that comment in the brackets directed at me?

Revilenigma
March 09, 2009, 08:05 AM
i would laugh if he survived only to get 99 points.

Mishimoto
March 09, 2009, 09:20 AM
Someone could use his corpse as a sheild :p

Revilenigma
March 09, 2009, 01:25 PM
I still think he has a chance of survival, granted a very low one, but one nonetheless.

JediKnight
March 10, 2009, 01:15 AM
I think everyone's missing the big point. Takeshi is what 5yr to 7yrs old.
What are we expecting Takeshi to do? Inaba is a grownass man in his
early 20s. Inaba is the most useless character ever created. Animals
and children a contributing more then he is. :(

Amigo!
March 10, 2009, 03:18 AM
points on inaba:
1.) on his first mission was as useless as everyone else.
2.) ring alien mission just as useful as everyone else.
3.) tae mission almost kills kei, the only thing he did wrong was choose to back izumi
4.) oni mission his whole team is wiped out in seconds, then when he stumbles upon someone else he see's a beat up reika that informs him everyone is dead, then he thinks that she wants to have sex with him before they die only to find out that its another alien, would you feel like fighting at all after that? p.s. he also is the one that points out that the alien he was fucking is a shape shifter and the kurono reika found is possibly not kurono.
5.)osaka mission non of them were fighting until the end and well he really couldn't help them kill nuri because he had no limbs.
6.) this latest mission. those of you that say you wouldn't be shitting yourselves seeing all those dead gantzers on the ground especially the oka suit are lying. Inaba just couldn't rebound from the shock as fast as everyone else and when he did he gets stepped on.
so was he really that useless? yea he didn't score any points but it wasn't like he didn't try. (just my two cents =) )

Revilenigma
March 10, 2009, 08:06 AM
Takeshi is 5 when we first see him.
[hr]
he got 10 points on the oni alien mission which means he killed 2 of them.

JediKnight
March 10, 2009, 12:09 PM
This thread most be really old. I think we know what happened to Inaba.

Revilenigma
March 10, 2009, 12:40 PM
4 weeks I think?

Amigo!
March 10, 2009, 07:51 PM
i bet he will be more useful then takeshi in this latest mission.

Amigo!
March 10, 2009, 07:57 PM
Takeshi got more potential and skillz than Inaba. :p

what kind of potential? do you have any reason behind this argument?

Mikako
March 11, 2009, 08:08 AM
he got 10 points on the oni alien mission which means he killed 2 of them.
He said himself he hadn't defeated any.
Maybe Gantz gave him points for sex or for fun (he added 'lol' after Inaba's ranking). Gantz is a screwed guy after all.

Inaba's potential, as expected, was pretty good once he started to fight but now he has potential of an every dead man with no chance of revival.

/edit:
And of course Takeshi has more potential than anyone in a long way. After all he is trained for a badass since age 5.

ace3106
March 11, 2009, 08:27 AM
whats the point of this thread any more isnt he dead lol

JediKnight
March 11, 2009, 08:44 AM
I think we all know what kind of potential Inaba has, none. plus he
dead there goes his potential. This thread should be closed too now.

Revilenigma
March 11, 2009, 03:44 PM
It hasn't been confirmed yet
[hr]
maybe he killed some accidently while with those rapists dudes

Amigo!
March 11, 2009, 08:42 PM
I think we all know what kind of potential Inaba has, none. plus he
dead there goes his potential. This thread should be closed too now.

there's an izumi thread still, so what the hell are you talking about?

xi0
March 12, 2009, 01:58 AM
Guys, since Inaba appears to be dead, don't continuously post that he's dead and there's no longer a need for his thread anymore...we all know this, but this thread should be viewed as a character thread essentially, so if you ever want to discuss Inaba specifically in the future, do so. But until then, keep the spamming down or this thread will be locked.

Revilenigma
March 12, 2009, 08:04 AM
I wonder what ever happened to his girlfriend?

Mikako
March 12, 2009, 09:07 AM
I wonder what ever happened to his girlfriend?
1) Died in Shinjuku and wasn't taken to Gantz,
2) Inaba broke up with her after meeting Reika,
3) or didn't mind two-timing,
4) she never existed, was just a fruit of Inaba's imagination in order to impress Reika ('yo, I'm not just good-looking, I'm a pimp, too')

JediKnight
March 12, 2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah Inaba sucks, Izumi doesn't thats my point. Inaba is about as
usefull as a sexually transmitted virus.

Revilenigma
March 12, 2009, 12:02 PM
he saved suzuki's ass (a later late) and whooped that giant fucked alien's ass before getting crushed by that flying giant.

JediKnight
March 12, 2009, 10:29 PM
How did he save Suzuki? Suzuki died saving him. And during his 5th mission
Inaba decides to fight back. A big whoopty doo. Inaba is still a loser.

Amigo!
March 13, 2009, 02:00 AM
How did he save Suzuki? Suzuki died saving him. And during his 5th mission
Inaba decides to fight back. A big whoopty doo. Inaba is still a loser.

if inaba is a loser so are sei and togo, because sei and togo died on their first mission and inaba at least survived a couple.

digitaldude
March 13, 2009, 05:39 AM
Wow 10 pages dedicated to the most hated character in gantz. Honestly, I was rooting for inaba all the way, but oku ofcourse decides to turn a fricken 2 meter tall behemoth into a coward,loser and comic relief, he had no redeeming qualities at all! makes me think oku butchered his character. He had so much potential to become a great character really.

Revilenigma
March 13, 2009, 07:55 AM
Suzuki's still alive.

GAT-X252
March 13, 2009, 09:31 AM
You can't be sure of that.

He is old and Inaba didn't have time to stop the bleeding...

Mikako
March 13, 2009, 09:59 AM
And he saw his dead wife. He's probably dead. Kaze and Takeshi will inherit his apartament.

Ah, and I doubt Inaba is 2 m tall. It would make Kaze ~2 m 30 cm :P He's about just tall as Knob, Kuwabara etc. That's Japan, 1,80 and you're pwning them all.

Btw, I was rooting for Inaba too, lol. After dino mission ones who survived were those who'd been fighting or wearing suits, and panda, and him. I thought there's a reason.

Revilenigma
March 13, 2009, 11:29 AM
there's thousands of Gantzers running around the city, someone might have stopped by and helped him.
[hr]
He saw his wife during the dino mission.

Mikako
March 13, 2009, 12:42 PM
And barely survived, only because transfer started seconds later.

Besides, if Suzuki survives, that would make Inaba a hero after all, whom he, according to the end's comment 'he wasn'e destined to be'.

And Oku just has to kill some main character from time to time. This team lasted too long. I'm not saying it's impossible that Suzuki lives, there's been happening cheesy plots already, but there's very slim chance.

Revilenigma
March 13, 2009, 12:48 PM
and last time the end comment said suzuki was dead but yet the next chapter he lived through it(as far as we can tell)

Mikako
March 13, 2009, 01:03 PM
and last time the end comment said suzuki was dead
I remember 'they show no mercy to the merciful' :amuse

JediKnight
March 13, 2009, 04:42 PM
Dude are you serious. Sei and Togo are way better than Inaba. All
you Inaba fanboys are in denial. Only reason why Inaba survived so long
cause other people did all the fighting, while ran away scared.

Amigo!
March 14, 2009, 02:41 AM
Dude are you serious. Sei and Togo are way better than Inaba. All
you Inaba fanboys are in denial. Only reason why Inaba survived so long
cause other people did all the fighting, while ran away scared.

don't appreciate being called a fanboy, just because i make counter arguments to your views isn't a reason to be throwing around insults.

on the whole togo and sei thing, just because inaba was hiding or whining doesn't mean he wasn't a better survivalist then those two.
on a side note, nishi spends his whole time cloaked and only strikes when he thinks he can kill without being hurt, so maybe if togo had hid a little longer then trying to choke out 1000 arms he would have lived.

sei was just fanservice and because she was only alive during one mission is why she had such an awesome death. If you haven't noticed every time a character oku has developed in someway dies they always go out in a heroic manner, examples kishimoto, katou, kei, old man(possibly), sakata, and sakurai.

Im just saying that Inaba was the only one on the team that wasn't ridiculously fake.

ace3106
March 14, 2009, 01:14 PM
don't appreciate being called a fanboy, just because i make counter arguments to your views isn't a reason to be throwing around insults.

on the whole togo and sei thing, just because inaba was hiding or whining doesn't mean he wasn't a better survivalist then those two.
on a side note, nishi spends his whole time cloaked and only strikes when he thinks he can kill without being hurt, so maybe if togo had hid a little longer then trying to choke out 1000 arms he would have lived.

sei was just fanservice and because she was only alive during one mission is why she had such an awesome death. If you haven't noticed every time a character oku has developed in someway dies they always go out in a heroic manner, examples kishimoto, katou, kei, old man(possibly), sakata, and sakurai.

Im just saying that Inaba was the only one on the team that wasn't ridiculously fake.lol ur ight he is
ridiculous...ridiculously weak come on now y r we even aruging about such a weak peson they should just close dis link down:amuse

Mikako
March 14, 2009, 01:17 PM
He was never weak, he was just a coward.

ace3106
March 14, 2009, 01:28 PM
what do u mean he was never weak he only could fight 1 time when everybody jump kei but even then he was a bitch but notice he didnt want a rematch with him

Mikako
March 14, 2009, 02:14 PM
he only could fight 1 time when everybody jump kei but even then he was a bitch but notice he didnt want a rematch with him
And that is what we call coward.

ace3106
March 14, 2009, 02:31 PM
yeah i guess u got a point huh

JediKnight
March 14, 2009, 04:42 PM
@ Amigo

I sorry I called you a fanboy. I didn't mean to get out of hand sorry dude.
I just don't understand what there is to like about Inaba.

Amnesiac
March 14, 2009, 09:27 PM
@ Amigo

I sorry I called you a fanboy. I didn't mean to get out of hand sorry dude.
I just don't understand what there is to like about Inaba.

His acts of cowardice and failed attempts at changing. That's interesting.

(and then came the death scene, which was awesome)

In contrast, having some guy all overpowered and killing everything that comes his way... that's boring. And that's why Oku couldn't keep Oka alive for long.

Revilenigma
March 15, 2009, 07:40 AM
I use to love to hate Inaba, but for some reason he's grown on me, he's just so damn pathetic and funny at the same time.

JediKnight
April 02, 2009, 10:32 AM
If Inaba is the worst character, he is the most useless character
in Gantz. Contributed nothing to the group but negativity.

Revilenigma
April 03, 2009, 07:15 AM
I loved when he kept barfing all over himself lol.