PDA

View Full Version : Dattebayo & Taka merge

Robotic Red
June 29, 2007, 07:39 AM
http://yhbt.mine.nu/pr/35

o.o

This whole thing screams "joke". But I don't know. It's not April Fool's.

Martes13
June 29, 2007, 07:53 AM
I don't think that it's a joke... they did once time ago...

I propose start to download pokemon NOW x'DD

maideth
June 29, 2007, 08:15 AM
Note: Only the English, French, and Portuguese-Brazilian versions of Naruto will be dropped. We will still release the Hebrew sub.

Dattebayo Staff

lol

dinoskaka88
June 29, 2007, 08:22 AM
fake

OhDearMoshe
June 29, 2007, 08:28 AM
Bit off both really its a good idea to Download just in case but Dattebayo post jokes like this all the time! They'll just release a YHBT around Sunday time saying its the next Naruto! However, still can't say its a definite!

EbbFlowe
June 29, 2007, 08:30 AM
I personally wouldn't worry about it, even Naruto and Bleach can't reach 100K downloads PER EPISODE in 24 hours lol.

If you check out Saiyaman's raw page, Naruto isn't up there yet. My guess is that DB doesn't have Naruto out yet because they don't have a raw for it (Although I think somebody else provides raws)

EDIT: okay...maybe Naruto and Bleach can...but still!

OhDearMoshe
June 29, 2007, 08:33 AM
Naruto isn't out this week, thought everyone new...

Tis just a way Dattebayo do to get Downloads up!

kisit
June 29, 2007, 08:33 AM
There was no episode release this week for Naruto, so that is why there is no raw or releases. Dattebayo did this the another time there wasn't a release saying that if Pitagora didn't reach a certain download they would not release an episode or something of that nature. The news post is a joke...I would not take it seriously. The next Naruto ep (19) will be out on the 5th of July.

_*-Eru-*_
June 29, 2007, 08:38 AM
So dattebayoish.... I am 75% percent sure it is a joke but if it isn´t.... well, DB might be the best Naruto subbing group but come on, they are not the only ones.... so just let´s wait for the RAW....

choucha0308
June 29, 2007, 08:39 AM
Oi guys ! Don't worry, it's just an obviously stupid joke XD.

Episode 18 was aired 2 weeks after ep 17 and ep 19 will be aired on the 05.07.2007...and DB will sub it (and not only in hebrew !!).

they're just tired of reading the usual "where is nauto this week ?!?!? why don't you have sub it already ?!?!?"

EbbFlowe
June 29, 2007, 08:41 AM
Naruto isn't out this week, thought everyone new...

Tis just a way Dattebayo do to get Downloads up!

Word?...Wow, no wonder!...I figured "18 was a week away from 17's release, they wouldn't have to take another week break."

That, and I don't remember the "No Naruto Next week, it will air on blah blah" message...*rewatches 18*

Thanks for the clarifying, Moshe and kisit!

Reichisaurus
June 29, 2007, 09:49 AM
Oh, Dattebayo.

You are so funny.

yeste
June 29, 2007, 10:34 AM
It’s a joke… They seem to like weird jokes like that… :(

But, even if it’s not… Who cares… There are still loads of other sub groups who will be glad to do Naruto subs… :p

Ripht
June 29, 2007, 10:54 AM
Man why do some people fall for the YHBT you gotta be pretty dumb to think they would drop naruto lol

Marq
June 29, 2007, 11:23 AM
hahahah, oh dattebayo, they just love to do that.

YHBT.

C4animax
June 29, 2007, 11:38 AM
It’s a joke… They seem to like weird jokes like that… :(

But, even if it’s not… Who cares… There are still loads of other sub groups who will be glad to do Naruto subs… :p

Fact is, other groups aren't as popular/fast as DB but they will automaticly be famous if they start providing naruto, so yeah DB stops? No worries.

TayuyatheNorthGate
June 29, 2007, 01:13 PM
It's fake. It's got to be.

I'm looking for the tiny letters somewhere in that say "YHBT"...

Though none of my friends will realize this, and I'm going to get a bunch of frantic IMs/calls later (a good portion of my friends are highly gullible). Apparently, for some odd reason, they think that I know everything there is to know about this, and can fix it. -.-;

Dark_Element
June 29, 2007, 02:47 PM
The guy who does the Hebrew subs translating it from English
so with out the englis subs
he is doomed (unless he will have English subs)

but still
it can't hurt to support dattebayo who help us almost every week
can it?

kisit
June 29, 2007, 04:42 PM
Heh I would rather support them with funds than have to sit and watch pokemon...

OhDearMoshe
June 29, 2007, 04:59 PM
You don't have to watch it, just download it, at least the thousand og gullible people will put your seeD ratio up a bit!

Eeep, I just wrote (Typed) seed as in the ff8 military class. Wow.....such a fanboy at heart XD)

Anyway does anyone else enjoy the YHBT videos that they eventually put out? They are either extremely funny or some really cool less known anime show!

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 29, 2007, 05:04 PM
It's so obviously that that one is a joke ... come on!

They drop every language and just doing the Hebrew one? PLEASE!!!

TayuyatheNorthGate
June 30, 2007, 06:12 AM
..Ha, I was right.

I got home from work...and there were a good five IMs...even though I put up that it was fake in my Away message.

The episode doesn't come out until the 5th, legitimately...

bax
June 30, 2007, 08:36 AM
Hello guys.

I have to delete a couple of posts that is considered bashing here in this thread. Let me remind you, bashing people, series, mangaka, groups or anything else is strictly forbidden here on MangaHelpers.

Please abide all the rules inside the General Rules, Guidelines, and Forum Etiquette (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6306) and play nice. While you can comment on whether it is a joke or a serious statement by Dattebayo, please do not bash the group or the series they sub.

Thanx.

Alterno
June 30, 2007, 10:11 PM
I really like Dattebayo , including their jokes... :D it would be sad if they drop naruto at this point. I usually download every chapter and write directly to a dvd to watch it in my divx dvd player. I just hope they release shipuudden dvd soon the next year. Well they still are far away from releasing the fillers... So I might have to wait. So far I have all the dvd packs of naruto available in the market. :D

donkeyhigh
July 02, 2007, 08:23 AM
Hah, I love DB, everything about them, their subbing, their homepage, their rules, everything.
And I fully understand why they like screwing with peoples heads, I mean come on, do you know how many people watch their subs? What kind of pressure that gives them, all those people, just waiting for their release. And newbs spamming them with PMs on irc, asking when the next release will come.
Of course they're tired of all the people bashing them about being late, and just expecting to get free subs from DB whenever they want.

I'm sure they're always doing everything they can to get the releases out as fast as humanly possible.

Anyone flaming someone who's giving them good free services should really just put a sock in it, or possibly fall over dead. :p

DB, if anyone of you guys are reading this, know that you're all doing a great job! Keep it up! :)

m0rph3us
July 06, 2007, 06:25 AM
Hah, I love DB, everything about them, their subbing, their homepage, their rules, everything.

DB, if anyone of you guys are reading this, know that you're all doing a great job! Keep it up! :)

too much bootlicking....you have been banned (LOL)

bax
July 06, 2007, 06:38 AM
I'm closing this thread.

As expected, it's just the usual joke from Dattebayo. The episode has been released anyway. And Dattebayo has tagged the news as YHBT material.

http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/35

*thread closed*

S.I.M Editor
July 18, 2008, 03:26 PM
read

http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/84

this is a real bummer for me, they were good at this stuff.
even though there will be other subbers...

It's probably just another troll, don't mind it. And please, no bashing!

GGpX
July 18, 2008, 03:29 PM
YHBT

ForMotherRussia
July 18, 2008, 03:32 PM
they "drop" Naruto once a month or so.

the next episode will be 24th of july

S.I.M Editor
July 18, 2008, 03:34 PM
they "drop" Naruto once a month or so.

the next episode will be 24th of july

yes, but now its premanent.

Saifi
July 18, 2008, 04:10 PM
yes the enterprise who's tag line is 'believe it" dropped naruto !
off course they did.

bean
July 18, 2008, 04:18 PM
yhbt?
[hr]
big fucking deal...the world is going to fall apart now that they're not doing it
/sarcasm.

There are many capable and willing subbers out there. Naruto is a popular entity and we'll always be able to get our fix SOMEWHERE. If, GOD FORBID, MH were to stop supporting naruto discussions, as much as I would hate it, I would move over to fight with the retards in the narutofan.com forums.

GGpX
July 18, 2008, 05:09 PM
doubt it. they've been asking people to fuck off for a while.

No, YHBT.

Do you even know why they're announcing that?

It's because there's no episode this week, and stupid people just might believe they're actually dropping it.

Boomi
July 18, 2008, 05:17 PM
tbh i agree with the opinion that if not db subs naruto, there will be others to do the job. but maybe it takes some time.. however, if someone just writes an overview about the current episode i would get along with it knowing the plot in general and watch it in japanese.

moreover, nobody believes DB announcements anyway. and to be honest the possibility for them of getting shut down by some company because of license issues is just there, with or without the streams... as if anyone, especially of the people they are afraid of, is unaware of DB subbing bleach naruto...

i mean, well, it's their right to ask how people proceed with the stuff they download from their site. but also it's simply not an executeable demand, there are that many dumb people out there that 1 human out of 100(or 1000) just don't gets the msg und fucks up the whole deal.

regards
(i'm still struggling a little bit with english so forgive wrong grammar and stuff..)

edit: well and ggpx is right too ^^

S.I.M Editor
July 18, 2008, 05:19 PM
LOL im getting owned

guys, i never said its the end of the world, just thought it was worth posting about. since they're pretty popular. and yeah i do know they could be trolling, its they're modo lol.

LoS
July 18, 2008, 05:43 PM
LOL im getting owned

it could be to get people to really fuck off with the youtube posting.

Yep

and that would never happen, people will always outlet episodes all over the internet.

S.I.M Editor
July 18, 2008, 09:05 PM
DB are assholes, but they're assholes to people who believe anything that is told to them. Overall, though, they're not bad. Good quality-time ratio in their subs. Are the best? Far from it.

You know what this'll do? It'll get those very same people to go on YouTube, CrunchyRoll and whatever other streaming site that has Naruto episodes and tell them to remove the episodes, and it'll work. They'll be back next week with a new episode, though.

yes, i suppose thats probably it. but i was always under the assumption that they are best. so since my friend pointed out that was false, and gave me some names, im gonna go look at other subbing groups.

bean
July 18, 2008, 09:09 PM
yes, i suppose thats probably it. but i was always under the assumption that they are best. so since my friend pointed out that was false, and gave me some names, im gonna go look at other subbing groups.
they may not be the best, but they are the quickest and most convenient.

S.I.M Editor
July 18, 2008, 09:37 PM
Oh shit! Big fucking deal! I don't care what deal! Now I'm very sad! But many thanks to dattebayo! DB has give us many many nice episode Naruto !!!!!!!!!!!!

But now, where can I download Naruto shippuden with Eng sub?

lol that made me laugh. cause
1) you contradicted yourself
2) i cant say cause it would be rude

but yes, your right, they have done a good job.

kt5nc9
July 18, 2008, 10:17 PM
This is most likely BS, it's already been said that DB threatens to drop Naruto every couple months or so... but personally, iv'e been wanting them to drop it so another group can pick it up... I don't really care for the crappy quality encodes DB insists on using for the sake of a slightly smaller file size...

GGpX
July 18, 2008, 10:30 PM
Oh shit! Big fucking deal! I don't care what deal! Now I'm very sad! But many thanks to dattebayo! DB has give us many many nice episode Naruto !!!!!!!!!!!!

But now, where can I download Naruto shippuden with Eng sub?

YHBT, dude. Relax and wait a week.

Alterno
July 18, 2008, 10:32 PM
but personally, iv'e been wanting them to drop it so another group can pick it up...

Why the others group have to wait Dattebayo to drop Naruto to start fansubbing it, weird comment in my humble opinion. Anyway Dattebayo is pretty much the best fansub for Naruto, if not the only one that worth watching. For those who are new to Dattebayo, they usually come with this when they couldn't get the raw at all. The best example is that there's not new raw streaming announced @ mangahelpers.com. ;)

kt5nc9
July 18, 2008, 10:33 PM
Why the others group have to wait Dattebayo to drop Naruto to start fansubbing it, weird comment in my humble opinion. Anyway Dattebayo is pretty much the best fansub for Naruto, if not the only one that worth watching. For those who are new to Dattebayo, they usually come with this when they couldn't get the raw at all. :p

Obviously if no one was subbing it, then another group would be more inclined to spend time subbing it. :eyeroll

Also, the new episodes of Shippuden are only being subbed in english by one other group.. (in HD, by FD-F... if you can find their subs)... and the original series was subbed better and in better quality by AonE...

Alterno
July 18, 2008, 10:38 PM
Obviously if no one was subbing it, then another group would be more inclined to spend time subbing it. :eyeroll

That's a pathethic excuse. There are severals fansubs doing the same series, another fansub doing naruto would be great, they don't need Dattebayo to drop theirs. If they really wanted to Fansub it, they would, but they don't and in fact even with the constant pranks from Dattebayo and comparing their sub vs others sub... they are superior, like it or not.

The fact is that there are not raws available for ep67 atm, and the guys @ Dattebayo are just having fun while they get their raw. :P

notBowen
July 18, 2008, 10:50 PM
DB is fine, their subs are best, this is a troll, do not make threads about it. Please.

Ju-da-su
July 18, 2008, 10:50 PM
Never actually follow Naruto anymore, but . . . I thought DB said they are "dropping Naruto permanently" about a year or two ago as well? Never follow Naruto ever again after that, but . . . what is it with them now? - -"

kt5nc9
July 18, 2008, 10:51 PM
That's a pathethic excuse. There are severals fansubs doing the same series, another fansub doing naruto would be great, they don't need Dattebayo to drop theirs. If they really wanted to Fansub it, they would, but they don't and in fact even with the constant pranks from Dattebayo and comparing their sub vs others sub... they are superior, like it or not.

The fact is that there are not raws available for ep67 atm, and the guys @ Dattebayo are just having fun while they get their raw. :P

That's BS actually... there's only one other group subbing the new episodes in english, and the fact remains that if DB dropped it, another group would still pick it up... no respectable group wants to bother picking it up while they are subbing it, because no one would download their releases, because all the little kids are busy with DB...

raptor02_2001
July 19, 2008, 12:15 AM
oh man i just wait for naruto anime ... dang .. i am supposed to watch ...

anyone like filler? i like filler ..

hehe i am owned by YBHT ...

◆ T.D.A ◆
July 19, 2008, 04:34 AM
this is not the worst thing that could happen, the worst thing would be if naruto scanlations were banned.:o

Agrias
July 19, 2008, 05:52 AM
Guys....we don't allow bashing of anykind, so please - as much as I hate the DB trolls myself - let's keep things nice.

donkeyhigh
July 19, 2008, 08:45 AM
If you'd checked the thread "Naruto EP Titles (reliable sources only)", you'd know there is no Naruto this week, something Dattebayo takes advantage of and pretends to have stopped subbing the series. Now stop encouraging newbs to whine. Also, YHBT stands for You Have Been Trolled, they're just fewking with you, like they do for every Golden Week, like they do for every Naruto movie, like they do whenever they see 3 sucky YouTube AMVs in a row with their video source used as media. You can't really blame them, people are way to gullible.
Anyway, no flaming intended, I love Dattebayo for all their hard work, which it probably is, subbing I mean, and I'm not calling anyone spesific a newb or gullible :)

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=928909&postcount=94

July 3rd -> episodes 64 & 65
July 10th -> episode 66
July 17th -> no episode
July 24th -> episode 67
July 31st -> episodes 68 & 69

Alterno
July 19, 2008, 11:37 AM
That's BS actually... there's only one other group subbing the new episodes in english, and the fact remains that if DB dropped it, another group would still pick it up... no respectable group wants to bother picking it up while they are subbing it, because no one would download their releases, because all the little kids are busy with DB...

Well that really is BS... wether or not Dattebayo drops or not naruto/bleach or any other sub they decided to do, it should not be the reason for another group to pick or not the series. Is like if I say, I wont eat because they are eating, in my opinion is simply stupid.

The true is that people download Dattebayo's fansubbed anime for several reasons, something that others fansub couldn't do:

Fast releases... Dattebayo have been always releasing their subs fast and on time with a few exceptions.
Good translation/adaptation of the script... I think is Hissha the current translators.
Their own bittorrent tracker.There's still space for other fansubs, jus that they can't fill it that well. I remember there was a fansub releasing HQ versions of naruto a little better than DB's quaility, but the size for each file was 250mb, they just dissapeared. Again, the decisions of fansub about whether or not sub a serie should depend on wether or not another fansub drops or not the same serie.

Alex_1
July 19, 2008, 01:52 PM
Hm. Are those guys really out of Nigeria? :D :D Anyways, the sites funny. They come across as... well... fill in the blank with whatever adjective you like.

Raimaru
July 20, 2008, 07:19 PM
Could any moderator start a "DB dropped Naruto? READ THIS FIRST" - thread and sticky it? It's quite bothersome to read a new thread about it every 4 weeks and it might help to calm a lot of people here who actually "believe it" what DB tells them.

Hm. Are those guys really out of Nigeria? :D :D Anyways, the sites funny. They come across as... well... fill in the blank with whatever adjective you like.
Did you actually buy that? Most of them are from the US, as far as I know.

donkeyhigh
July 21, 2008, 10:50 AM
But they're still kinda funny, "We take internet SERIOUSLY!" :p funny funny stuff :p

Lelo
July 21, 2008, 01:44 PM
they might as well change their name. Why on earth would they keep it if they aren't doing Naruto anymore. Bastards, they did the episodes fast and good, well guess we have to look somewhere else.

Windmillblade
July 21, 2008, 01:54 PM
for a couple months they ave been saying they would do this if people didn't stop uploading they're work. i don't think they are lying.but where else can we get subs?and who new would do the job like they did?

GGpX
July 21, 2008, 02:25 PM
they might as well change their name. Why on earth would they keep it if they aren't doing Naruto anymore. Bastards, they did the episodes fast and good, well guess we have to look somewhere else.

for a couple months they ave been saying they would do this if people didn't stop uploading they're work. i don't think they are lying.but where else can we get subs?and who new would do the job like they did?

YHBT

Agrias
July 21, 2008, 02:48 PM
It would be wonderful if everyone tried reading the thread before posting. Yes, it must be another dattebayo troll. Yes, there are another fansubbers if it isn't.

Thread locked.

AkatsukiNoTobi
November 21, 2008, 07:37 PM
Dattebayo have revealed today that they will be subbing Naruto: Shippuuden up until January 15. At that time, they will cease their fansub of it, since Viz and TV Tokyo will be streaming it on the Naruto website and Crunchyroll, respectively. While they are dropping Naruto, they will continue to sub Bleach, and may even pick up a new series ("though that's unlikely", says Interactii)

While I personally watch Naruto: Shippuuden from Dattebayo's releases, I (for one) will be supporting Naruto by paying the small fee to watch it on crunchyroll.com. Although Dattebayo is dropping it, I can't say the same for other groups (such as AnPLUS (Brazil) and Neo-Tokyo Fansubs (Germany)).

Source: Dattebayo (http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/100) and Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-21/dattebayo-to-stop-fansubbing-naruto-on-january-15)

slmcknett
November 21, 2008, 07:45 PM
this is stupid of them imo. viz said that they'll be releasing the episode an entire week later, and crunchyroll doesn't exactly have the highest quality videos (as far as i've seen). dattebayo is the best translators that i've seen and they shouldn't stop translating, especially if the other groups are brazilian and german (who's going to trust their translations that well; not being racist, just saying)

besides a lot of people are cheap, or just aren't allowed to pay on the internet (the younger viewings mostly who need permission) so they won't even be able to watch the crunchyroll videos. this news is just depressing.

dbgohan08
November 21, 2008, 07:46 PM
I hope they at least still sub naruto shippuuden kizuna if viz and crunchyroll dont

AkatsukiNoTobi
November 21, 2008, 07:53 PM
They may sub Kizuna, since it won't come out in America for a few years. Viz and TV Tokyo never mentioned any future movies.

And it's not a stupid move on DB's part to stop it. They're doing it out of respect for the fact that Viz hasn't shut them down (when they've had plenty of opportunities to do it.

allendsup23
November 22, 2008, 09:27 AM
hmm. Currently crunchyroll has download available for North America region only. Atleast for Toei animation series. If they do the same for Naruto, then it will be a problem for other regions. DB subs were available for all regions and so many ppl depend on them. If Crunchyroll offer download in all the regions, then it is a good move. Otherwise ppl will have to get the episodes by other means like torrent.

arslan
November 22, 2008, 09:33 AM
well, lets hope someone else takes up the mantle. i, for one, will watch a few episodes from other subbing groups to compare their translations with the one DB does. and there isn't much we can do anyways.

kundel
November 22, 2008, 10:16 AM
another joke again from Dattebayo ?

i hate them !

Razh
November 22, 2008, 10:19 AM
Didn't anyone stop to think that maybe it's a TROLL? lolz

The title states that they'll stop on 1/15/2009., but in the text, it says 1/15/2008.
Normally, I would think it's a simple typo, but when it comes to DB, well... Trolling is their middle name.

All that emotional bullshit is there just to throw you off guard.

◆ T.D.A ◆
November 22, 2008, 11:03 AM
It's not a joke, they actually have a real reason this time. Plus the article was written by Interactii himself.

Razh
November 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I know it could easilly be true, but it could also be a troll.
Nothing would really surprise me.

◆ T.D.A ◆
November 22, 2008, 05:17 PM
In actual fact DB are serious guys behind the mask the put out by doing trolls,etc.

Stinko
November 22, 2008, 07:17 PM
Dattebayo is the fan-subbing group that cried wolf. If it is true then.. well I guess they'll have to change their name.

nahkampfbiber
November 23, 2008, 06:31 AM
ANN believes them. And so do I.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-21/dattebayo-to-stop-fansubbing-naruto-on-january-15

It's actually a very different press release compared to all the other trolls the have been making in the past years.
I think it's the right thing to do.
There's no reason for them to destroy Crunchyroll's ambitious project, when the companies are finally moving in the right direction.

I'm thankful for their work in the past. And my respect for them only gets bigger if they stop to sub it next year.

OhDearMoshe
November 23, 2008, 08:34 AM
this is stupid of them imo. viz said that they'll be releasing the episode an entire week later, and crunchyroll doesn't exactly have the highest quality videos (as far as i've seen). dattebayo is the best translators that i've seen and they shouldn't stop translating, especially if the other groups are brazilian and german (who's going to trust their translations that well; not being racist, just saying)

besides a lot of people are cheap, or just aren't allowed to pay on the internet (the younger viewings mostly who need permission) so they won't even be able to watch the crunchyroll videos. this news is just depressing.

You get it for free a week after it airs. If you pay you get it on the day!

Im supportive of this move. I'm not sure if I will pay or wait atm but its a step in the right direction for the VIZ and dattebayo.

Stinko
November 23, 2008, 09:09 PM
Will the crunchyroll episodes appear in bittorrent anyway? I like having the torrents because my connection is slow and hates streaming. Direct downloads aren't so good either because my internet will drop frequently and then I'll have to start the whole download process again.

raptor02_2001
November 25, 2008, 01:41 AM
i think Dattebayo is play with us in past but this news ... that is vague fact ... we need to wait for see happen in Jan ..

For me.. i prefer to use DB than streamline ... i hate stream video

YamiShadow
November 25, 2008, 02:42 AM
My odds on this is that its a troll again! It wouldn't be the first time. And also look at the very first date of the letter..... Hello its a clue to those who cant see it....

AkatsukiNoTobi
November 25, 2008, 02:43 PM
Which first date? 1/15/2009? That's when Viz is gonna start putting episodes on Naruto.com. I don't know which date everyone keeps bringing up as being a "hidden clue" as to a troll.

eni
November 25, 2008, 03:23 PM
Will the crunchyroll episodes appear in bittorrent anyway? I like having the torrents because my connection is slow and hates streaming. Direct downloads aren't so good either because my internet will drop frequently and then I'll have to start the whole download process again.
A stream can be recorded easily, so you can expect a torrent short after it started streaming. Naruto isn't the first anime to get officially streamed with subs and so far someone always managed to bring those to torrent pretty fast. Just monitor tokyotosho.com or check the forums here, members will post the torrent as soon as they see it.

Juggernaut
November 25, 2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah honestly dont care what they do to be honest. If they do stop subbing then someone else will pick up the slack in about 5 minutes. All the pranks they try to pull about them quitting in the past got tiresome. So, I hope they are serious this time and someone else does it. Either way we still get to watch the episodes. Until now they have done a great job getting the episodes out in a timely fashion with great quality. Still, either way life for naruto will go on.

TayuyatheNorthGate
November 25, 2008, 07:34 PM
I've gotten used to the trolling and pranks over the years. I don't really mind it--as I know that their subs are spot on and they do a damn good job of it. Also, I don't have to worry about translation inaccuracies, or intended rewrites because they a. don't think we'll understand something because we're American, b. don't think we should see something because it might be offensive, even if it's integral to plot, or c. censor it for children.

But, with VIZ, you'll get all those things and more. I've never liked the industry, because I think they fail at what they should be doing best: bringing series and content over for the fans in a relatively pristine and untouched manner. I know when I look for an anime/manga series, I'm looking for a JAPANESE product. Not an Americanized one. If I wanted an AMERICAN product, I'd watch an American series.

And it's not the fact of the fansubs coming for free, either. I'd have no problem paying for a product if I knew it wasn't going to be some hacked-apart, piece of censored, mistranslated junk. And the Industry has given me barely any examples of something that isn't. Especially with series like Naruto. Marketing to kids has always superceded making a series quality, because kids don't give a crap about that; and kids are where things sell. And yes, I know that Naruto was for Japanese children---but what they are allowed to show their children in their culture, and what we are allowed to show to ours are two different things.

I know I sound cynical, but I remember when there were actually series with decent official dubs, and quality official subs out there; and in recent years, it seems the quality has just tanked.

I'm rather sad to see the fansubs dropped, and hope that the old tried and true song WILL play out--that when they drop it, someone else will pick it up.

I apologize for the rant.

TasogareTaichou
November 25, 2008, 07:57 PM
I have to agree with TayuyatheNorthGate. I was at Otakon this year, and watched the industry dance around the issues, especially when faced with the fact that their products are, sadly, not up to par with what the fans want. Even something like what Viz is doing which, is definitely a step, is not something that is ok with me. Why? Because, like she's said, I don't want butchered, edited, americanized crap. I want my Japanese program, translated faithfully regardless of whether the masses might quite understand it or not, because that's why I like it. Because it's Japanese, and that's what it's supposed to be.

After the industry panel, as anyone else who went to Otakon probably knows, the industry panelists beat a hasty retreat before anyone could actually approach them to ask any sort of questions. Which to me reeks of cowardice. It reeks of the fact that they are aware the fanbase doesn't generally like them, and they are taking no pains to try and actually get in touch with the fans. Not the way the fansubbers have. Hell, the only industry person who actually took the time to listen to me was a v. nice man at the Funimation booth (surprisingly enough) who actually seemed v. interested to hear what I had to say, and v. willing to take that information to his superiors bc he understood that to truly keep the industry going as well as it has been, they need to take into account what the fans really want. Not just what the little weaboo kids want.

I know I represent what may no longer be the majority when I say that I do not WANT their crappy americanized streams, regardless of the fact that I could get them easily. I want the product that remains truest to itself, and to it's origins. Not only that, but I honestly hate streaming video. Constantly rebuffering and fixing itself, not to mention that there are those of us who LIKE having the avi file that we can burn off and then watch over again whenever we feel like it.

I'm confident that should DB truly drop it, that someone else will pick it up, so it doesn't really worry me, it's just frustrating for the industry to be constantly finding loopholes to get around actually making their product the same as the fansubs.

ParallaxDragon
November 25, 2008, 09:12 PM
Im tempted to say this is a troll because 1) there's no new naruto this week
2) They always output some kind of troll when there's no new naruto for that week.

AkatsukiNoTobi
November 26, 2008, 02:32 AM
Im tempted to say this is a troll because 1) there's no new naruto this week
2) They always output some kind of troll when there's no new naruto for that week.

They posted it last week, not this week.

Even though Naruto was censored for American TV, it was still released in an uncut format with the season boxes. And if you don't like Viz's subs, then watch TV Tokyo's on crunchyroll. I'm sure that they've hired someone to do the subs for Naruto: Shippuuden and I'm sure that they'll do a good job (without it going into Engrish).

TayuyatheNorthGate
November 26, 2008, 02:51 AM
They posted it last week, not this week.

Even though Naruto was censored for American TV, it was still released in an uncut format with the season boxes. And if you don't like Viz's subs, then watch TV Tokyo's on crunchyroll. I'm sure that they've hired someone to do the subs for Naruto: Shippuuden and I'm sure that they'll do a good job (without it going into Engrish).

Sadly enough, I'm still extremely skeptical. I've seen the "un-cut" versions of other things before, and there was still a lot to be desired.

I guess only time will tell in this case, though. I'll be interested to see what TV Tokyo does.

rykarreolacr
November 26, 2008, 03:19 AM
This is obviously not a troll... How can many of you guys think that it is? Every troll DB has ever made has been clearly a joke, but this time they are doing what is right and what they should do. VIZ is finally giving us the option to watch Naruto practically at the same time as Japanese people do, DB would be basically going against all they believe in by keeping on fansubbing Naruto. They said that once the industry provided an option to watch anime fast they would stop fansubbing that show, and that's what they're going to do, that's all there is to it.

eni
November 26, 2008, 03:41 AM
I deleted some posts. Don't call people trolls when you do it yourself :notrust

Hokuto-Tenki-Sho
November 26, 2008, 07:22 AM
Jap: "Are are are" (trans: my my my :D )

what can I say, we have to respect the decision DB took to stop putting subs on Naruto. As far as I know they were doing it for free (at least I never had to pay any cent to get the shows) so they are, again, free to stop doing it.

Regarding the fact that some sites might provide the show by paying a fee, well then if this is the only option (which I doubt) then I will stop watching the anime as I am usually against paying for something that is not the "official" product.

Regarding Viz it seems that the stream will be only available to North American resident which for me living in the Netherlands is a bummer, but I do hope that I will be able to find them somewhere else.

So far Youtube & Voeh have proved as nice source to find the episode but there are tons of web sites where you can get anime.
If it means that I have to be 1 week later that does not bother me I do not need to "run" at the same time than in Japan, it will mean though that I will stop reading the post on this forum as they will spoil for me the events that I still have to see take place :p

eni
November 26, 2008, 08:20 AM
If it means that I have to be 1 week later that does not bother me I do not need to "run" at the same time than in Japan, it will mean though that I will stop reading the post on this forum as they will spoil for me the events that I still have to see take place :p
Hm, we will work something out to prevent that. Maybe keeping anime spoilers into a single thread till a public download appears. But that will be only a matter of hours, if not minutes. I honestly think that we don't need to worry about a week's lack. Even with paid subscription, there will be a torrent out right after the show especially since the free stream will be full of ads >.>

JD021
November 26, 2008, 11:07 AM
but viz media seriously sucks i hate everything they trans,dub or touch..ahhhhhhh i hope somebody carries the tourch after DB although it would be as good as the work they put out for fan subbers they take it very serious and even if they stop im thankful for all the years they've put in just to make tons of viewers happy..thank you DB

lexx
November 26, 2008, 11:16 AM
I typically find myself preferring the fansub translations over the official dvd release subtitles. And, to be honest, these days I prefer the fansub downloads over the official dvd releases, since the DVD releases are lower resolution and *ugh* interlaced, while the fansub releases are straight rips from japanese digital television, at a much higher visual quality.

I know it's pissing in the wind, but really, the best thing the anime companies could possibly do is:

1 - cut out the International anime licensors and reversioners (Viz, Funimation, etc)
2 - use their child companies in each country they want to release their stuff in
3 - license to those child companies for free
4 - hire the translators from the bigger fansubbing groups, and hire them with no-compete contract
5 - distribute their shows online, at <1week japanese air delay, at full Japanese DTV quality (h264 or xvid encoded at 7xx by 4xx res), DRM'd out the ass is fine
6 - further distribute over xbox live, playstation online, tivo, itunes store, etc
7 - offer the first x number of episodes of any series as free low-res streams or free 1-month downloads or something as a preview
8 - make the downloads reasonably priced, think in the $2 per episode for slightly less than ~dvd quality and $3-4/episode for multichannel 720p or higher quality
9 - nuke youtube, the torrent sites, etc
10 - if you really, really wanna, sell the licensing rights to the most popular anime to ytv, cartoon network, etc.

That way, you:

-avoid the pretty well unsustainable licensing/distribution overhead in the rest of the world for less popular shows
-embrace the community that makes fansubs while choking off the culture of piracy that community feeds
-generally increase the availability and popularity of legitimate anime
-make money off us leechers
-etc

I thought of suggesting a website like Hulu.com, but i forgot: the market's too different. The shows on Hulu are already paid for several times over by mass distribution and advertising revenue. Anime's market size per show is too small to pull that off.

apathism
November 26, 2008, 03:31 PM
I've gotten used to the trolling and pranks over the years. I don't really mind it--as I know that their subs are spot on and they do a damn good job of it. Also, I don't have to worry about translation inaccuracies, or intended rewrites because they a. don't think we'll understand something because we're American, b. don't think we should see something because it might be offensive, even if it's integral to plot, or c. censor it for children.

But, with VIZ, you'll get all those things and more. I've never liked the industry, because I think they fail at what they should be doing best: bringing series and content over for the fans in a relatively pristine and untouched manner. I know when I look for an anime/manga series, I'm looking for a JAPANESE product. Not an Americanized one. If I wanted an AMERICAN product, I'd watch an American series.

And it's not the fact of the fansubs coming for free, either. I'd have no problem paying for a product if I knew it wasn't going to be some hacked-apart, piece of censored, mistranslated junk. And the Industry has given me barely any examples of something that isn't. Especially with series like Naruto. Marketing to kids has always superceded making a series quality, because kids don't give a crap about that; and kids are where things sell. And yes, I know that Naruto was for Japanese children---but what they are allowed to show their children in their culture, and what we are allowed to show to ours are two different things.

I know I sound cynical, but I remember when there were actually series with decent official dubs, and quality official subs out there; and in recent years, it seems the quality has just tanked.

I'm rather sad to see the fansubs dropped, and hope that the old tried and true song WILL play out--that when they drop it, someone else will pick it up.

I apologize for the rant.

Quoted for Truth.

I remember watching Gundam 08th MS Team, with the english translation and subtitles on, side by side, and while the subtitles kept the feel of a gritty jungle war with giant robots the official english translation was way off, both in tone, and actual topic.

Shows like Cowboy Bebop however, seemed to be a lot more accurate in the official tranlsation/dubbing, probably because they were done by people who actually loved their work. I'm not so sure that Viz loves Naruto and wants to put out a high quality product for fans, but rather just wants to make a buck.

oompa loompa
November 26, 2008, 03:59 PM
well , it could be worse. atleast we still have the manga. If this is true, this is most certainly not dattebayos fault. I highly doubt that the quality of subs on either crunchyroll or by viz will be half as good as those done by dattebayo. Dattebayos done a great great job for a long long time, and this is certainly very bad news. would love it if they picked up another series though, as unlikely as that may be.

S.I.M Editor
November 26, 2008, 05:05 PM
i remember making a thread about this. and i got flamed :notrust

matsemann08
November 27, 2008, 06:06 AM
If DB stops, I'm sure someone will record the streaming an upload it on Youtube/Veoh.

AkatsukiNoTobi
December 03, 2008, 01:11 AM
i remember making a thread about this. and i got flamed :notrust

That's because you made a thread about a troll that they did a few months ago. This isn't a troll and is quite legit.

Kusachu
December 03, 2008, 01:30 AM
You get it for free a week after it airs. If you pay you get it on the day!

Im supportive of this move. I'm not sure if I will pay or wait atm but its a step in the right direction for the VIZ and dattebayo.

I don't think it is fair to make people pay unless it is for a download. Making people pay to watch something that is on the air for free in Japan just seems like BS to me. *shrug* I just think that watching a stream sucks because it's either tiny, or looks like shit. I want a nice big screen full of high quality video that I can watch whenever, not a tiny little crap video like youtube that I can only watch online. :darn But hey, beggars can't be choosers, can they?

I wonder if another group might pick up the series on the down-low...

razor
December 03, 2008, 01:32 AM
I think they just do business.There is no such thing that last forever. This is a new era and just keep praying that hope some other sub company or maybe DB itself will do the sub. For me, DB is a great subber and million thanks to them. Because of them, I can download and watch naruto shipudden peacefully.LOL.

eni
December 03, 2008, 06:40 AM
I don't think it is fair to make people pay unless it is for a download. Making people pay to watch something that is on the air for free in Japan just seems like BS to me. *shrug*
It's technically not free on air. Television costs money as well and depending on country and broadcaster people always pay for it in one form or another: advertisements, donations, taxes and in many countries (Japan as well for NHK) through a obligatory license fee for public broadcasters, which is very expensive in Germany, I can assure you >.>

Fansubbers cut the commercials out. If you have ever watched a raw episode, you'll know that such episodes are interrupted 1-3 times by commercial breaks. Of course, they can't finance themselves by streaming Japanese commercials within a international broadcast (Naruto had Japanese Pampers commercial (http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=wtSyXvdJn1g), I assume international online watchers to not buy them in Japan :oh).

As far as we know, the stream which requires payment will be free of advertisements. The public version a week later not. So, you either pay for a early and ad-free version or you don't pay and have it a week later with commercials in exchange, simple as that. That may sound unfair at first but when you look at anime or cartoon channels worldwide - they're full of commercials, it's only normal. Just see the "premium" version like those idiotic pay-TV channels (non-public airing first, add-free) and the other as what you would normally get on free-TV (time-displaced, commercials).

raptor02_2001
December 04, 2008, 12:44 AM
hard to choose but i like Hulu website proivde but they will keep going with Naruto?? most webiste stream tv get alway closed down or buy by other company

i prefer to download file rather than stream.. i wonder Viz will provde download file??

Viz media planning to release Naruto as Dubbed or Unedited??

AkatsukiNoTobi
December 13, 2008, 01:13 PM
Read the updated sticky thread about crunchyroll's stream. I've posted a link to a sample of their streaming quality (which will be in both 480p and 720p).

Iwashi
December 14, 2008, 03:50 AM
For the most part I'm taking this with a pinch of salt because, Dattebayo release shit like this all the time then next thing you know you find out its them trolling. I'm reserving my judgement on this for now.

AkatsukiNoTobi
September 17, 2009, 07:16 PM
According to both Taka Fansubs (http://takafansubs.com/?p=news&id=62) and Dattebayo Fansubs (http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/122) they have merged to bring Naruto Shippuden to the masses once more. Now, Taka has been subbing Shippuden for I have no idea how long, and Dattebayo stopped subbing the series back in January, but they seem to be releasing the episodes under the [DB-Taka] banner.

More info on whether this is a dual-troll or not after it's done downloading.

The result? I was trolled xD

arslan
September 17, 2009, 09:55 PM
Its a troll people. There is no Naruto episode coming out this week. :|

suprstrpj
September 18, 2009, 12:58 AM
i thought the troll would be obvious since it's "1080p" and only 170mb. also, dattebayo's been bawwwwwing about how bleach and naruto aren't technically in hd. still, good try db.

Chirpy
September 20, 2009, 07:08 AM
its like Db have gone back on everything they've said. anyway apart from the first troll dattebayo were always good at speed subbing it and if taka get the 720 raw quickly we could be looking at 720 taka-db subs that come out before horriblesubs version that would be cool.

Thabor
September 20, 2009, 09:11 AM
DB does a troll like this every week there isn't a release. Grats to Taka for continuing the tradition. Its should have been obvious to everyone from the difference in size, the abnormal extension, and the abnormal title.

Could we please get one of those locks now?