PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 362 Discussions [Naruto]

bax
July 06, 2007, 01:42 PM
Chapter 361 is out guys!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14947)!!
Chapter 362 is to be found HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15301).

After downloading and reading, go ahead and predict Chapter 360 here :D
A lot of things happening in the latest chapter, I'm sure you guys have many ideas to say. Remember. no spamming :amuse

ANBU4U
July 06, 2007, 01:53 PM
Not really impressive, if he couldn't disable them with his lightning he would have seriously injured himself in the process. I'd call it reckless at best.

If, If, If. He tested his theory for just that reason.

He threw the lightning manipulated sword at a mine, it didn't blow, so he knew he could use the technique in person rather than through a medium.

As for predictions? The end of this fight. I can't drag on much longer, Diedara's probably close to him limits and Sasuke looks to be pushing it as well.

I like that Sasuke's bruised and ragged looking, it casts off a sense of immortality I don't quite think Kishi meant to convey in the first place......yet does nothing diminish his ability, or our confidence in it.

It's been a very nice fight. We'll thought out and strategic, rather than flashy for the sake of flashiness, which I appreciate. That said Diedara can't go on much longer, and I think Sasuke's finally decided to kill him rather than make him talk....as Tobi is another option in his mind and Diedara is quickly becoming more trouble than he's worth. But than again, maybe not.

LoT
July 06, 2007, 02:41 PM
I predict DeiDei will run away and leave a Clay BUnshin behind!

Helltroll
July 06, 2007, 03:34 PM
like always. deidara will say something about "last piece of art, art is a bang, i have a little p...bla,bla" leaving a exploding bunshin behind while escaping. sasuke will , thx to the almighty sharingan, see trough it and follow him. then one of them will ran into a member from hebi or konoha.

PurpleHaze
July 06, 2007, 03:38 PM
I would have to agree with ANBU4U, Sasuke carefully tested his theory about his lightning disarming the bombs. In fact, after seeing how the snakes reformed Sasuke's broken wing, it's my belief that he only jumped off the katana to hide the fact that he discovered how to disarm the bombs.

I doubt Deidara will be putting up much more of a fight. I don't think he has enough chakra to make anything out of clay (including a clay bunshin) since his chakra is so low that he failed to create that clay bird. He also knows Sasuke can easily disarm any of his explosives (even if Sasuke is also low on chakra, it didn't seem like those chidori needles took much). I don't see Deidara wasting chakra on something he knows probably won't work, especially when he is so low on chakra anyway.

My predictions are that Sasuke finishes this fight. Whether or not he kills Deidara, I'm not sure. I can't tell if the last frame is supposed to make Sasuke seem "evil," but it certainly gives that impression. I don't see Tobi interfering with the fight next chapter, otherwise we probably would have seen him at least a little during this chapter.

Caspis Sinclair
July 06, 2007, 03:56 PM
Most likely... Deidara will die in the next issue.

He'll have *just* enough chakra to pull off whatever kind of "final masterpiece" he has, but Sasuke will narrowly avoid death and end up defeating him.

I doubt that Tobi will interfere... he already saw a couple of situations where he thought that Deidara was going to die and Tobi didn't attempt to help him. I'm guessing that they both have an agreement that Deidara fights alone, no matter what.

That said... Sasuke is already hurt and low on chakra. Like many have speculated, this may be a turning point for Sasuke and his struggle to defeat his brother. If he has had to go so far against Deidara, whom may have deemed to be one of the weaker Akatsuki, then maybe he ISN'T ready to fight Itachi yet...

Littlewig
July 06, 2007, 04:05 PM
Kabuto comes and kills Deidara and warns Sasuke that he still isn't free from Oro's grasp and leaves.

Sasuke takes the ring from Deidara' dead body.

Hebi meets up with some of the members of Naruto gang and discuss. Sasuke communicates with all of Hebi to return due to a change of plans.

Naruto, Hinata, and Yamoto find Deidara's dead body and suspects Sasuke did it. Naruto claims that Sasuke wouldn't kill someone, and Hinata looks at him with a sad pathetic face like the pathetic character she is.

Yamoto contacts Kakashi and they all decide to return to Konoha with Deidara's body where upon they'll contact the Sand village and give to Gaara so he can chuck the corpse off a cliff for killing him.

Toad Sage
July 06, 2007, 04:48 PM
Deidara looks pretty well defeated, but given his popularity in character polls, I'm going to break the "fourth wall" and say that Kishimoto decides to spare his life. I think if this happens, it's going to happen because Tobi moves in to rescue him at the last moment. So far we haven't seen much of the famed Akatsuki team work that hones the battles of other Akatsuki pairs, so maybe their strategy was for Tobi to remain out of the fray so he could save Deidara in case he wasn't enough for Sasuke alone. I don't think that makes a lot of sense, but it's the only way I can see Kishimoto believably saving Tobi and not upsetting his fans in Japan who rank Deidara as a top character in the series. We'll see I guess.

2ndKurono
July 06, 2007, 04:54 PM
man Tobi will show himself and maybe will atack Sasuke but then Naruto saves Sasuke and Tobi runs away.Im not a believer that Deidara will die in da next chap.

Littlewig
July 06, 2007, 05:03 PM
It does seem like Sasuke is still trying to capture Deidara instead of killing him, that is why he didn't kill him when he had the chance to with the punch he gave him.

If you notice, Deidara has the right eye open at the end. I believe Sasuke will use Sharingan to enter Deidara's mind and gain information on Itachi.

Now, I can't decide if Sasuke will spare Deidara's life. If he keep him alive, he will have to keep in mind that he might run into Deidara some point on later again. Although it won't be a though fight since Sasuke know's all of Deidara's weaknesses and moves.

Personally, I think Deidara will be spared but kabuto will come and kill him when Sasuke leaves. Naruto and gang will find the body and wonder if Sasuke killed Deidara. Naruto will deny Sasuke would do such a thing of course.

Konoha will have to wonder if Sasuke has become evil.

Sharikaaria
July 06, 2007, 05:13 PM
It does seem like Sasuke is still trying to capture Deidara instead of killing him, that is why he didn't kill him when he had the chance to with the punch he gave him.

If you notice, Deidara has the right eye open at the end. I believe Sasuke will use Sharingan to enter Deidara's mind and gain information on Itachi.

Now, I can't decide if Sasuke will spare Deidara's life. If he keep him alive, he will have to keep in mind that he might run into Deidara some point on later again. Although it won't be a though fight since Sasuke know's all of Deidara's weaknesses and moves.

Personally, I think Deidara will be spared but kabuto will come and kill him when Sasuke leaves. Naruto and gang will find the body and wonder if Sasuke killed Deidara. Naruto will deny Sasuke would do such a thing of course.

I don't think you can use the sharingan to enter a person's mind, unless you have the mangekyou sharingan. Sasuke could only see the kyuubi in Naruto's mind, and we don't know much about that yet. It could just be a special case because the kyuubi mentioned some other Uchiha when he saw Sasuke.

Also, Deidara is an enemy of both Konoha and Sasuke. Plus, shinobi aren't considered evil for killing an enemy.. they're doing their job. Konoha knows that Sasuke is enemies with Akatsuki as well. Kabuto has reminded Naruto multiple times, and even if Naruto finds out that Deidara's been killed by Sasuke, he'll just have to wonder at how insanely strong Sasuke has become.

Deidara will probably roughly escape. I can't see him dying at Sasuke's hands. If he does, I'll be severely disappointed, because I'm getting tired of Sasuke's enormous amount of strength. He needs to be defeated at some point before meeting Itachi. Otherwise, he'll get overconfident and just die.

QMark
July 06, 2007, 05:16 PM

I'm sorry but that just sounds really ridiculous. According to your logic, killing S-Rank criminals makes you evil. This in turn makes Kakashi, Chiyo, Sakura, and Shikamaru evil.

Prediction:

Tobi will save Deidara. I don't see him abandoning Deidara just like that. Its obvious that Tobi knew Deidara was alive all those times but saying otherwise for comic relief. I'm also fairly certain when Tobi becomes serious, he is a dangerous threat. Hopefully this fight will finally end and we can actually start moving the story forward.

PredatorNar
July 06, 2007, 05:37 PM
I think you guys have Tobi wrong. I'm confident that Tobi isn't a person that would run away.

The times you see him run away (against Sanbi), he still got the job done by knocking the Sanbi out. Now in this fight, the first time Tobi ran (when he first introduced himself to Sasuke), he was just creating a diversion for Deidara.

Also, Tobi cannot have good teamwork with Deidara besides laying the land mines (Sasuke would be dead if both Tobi and Deidara didn't blab about the mines being there). Anyway, the way Deidara fights, Tobi is unable to lend a hand because he has to stay clear of Deidara's bombs. Also, people keep saying that all the Akatsuki pairs work together someway. Not in this situation. It was simply "Sasori died and he needs a replacement, so give him Tobi."

My prediction is that at this state, Sasuke and Deidara are at the same state that Naruto and Gaara were when Naruto fought Gaara/Shukaku. Both exhausted and probably unable to deal a finishing blow (Deidara maybe because he always has the clone-explosion technique). I think this fight will have an intervention. My guess is that Tobi, seeing that it's clear to go in and help out without being blown up.

bighawke5
July 06, 2007, 05:43 PM
I would have to agree with ANBU4U, Sasuke carefully tested his theory about his lightning disarming the bombs. In fact, after seeing how the snakes reformed Sasuke's broken wing, it's my belief that he only jumped off the katana to hide the fact that he discovered how to disarm the bombs.

I doubt Deidara will be putting up much more of a fight. I don't think he has enough chakra to make anything out of clay (including a clay bunshin) since his chakra is so low that he failed to create that clay bird. He also knows Sasuke can easily disarm any of his explosives (even if Sasuke is also low on chakra, it didn't seem like those chidori needles took much). I don't see Deidara wasting chakra on something he knows probably won't work, especially when he is so low on chakra anyway.

My predictions are that Sasuke finishes this fight. Whether or not he kills Deidara, I'm not sure. I can't tell if the last frame is supposed to make Sasuke seem "evil," but it certainly gives that impression. I don't see Tobi interfering with the fight next chapter, otherwise we probably would have seen him at least a little during this chapter.

dude nice post its like u read my mind ...i was gonna write the exact same thing but u got it done 1st

i'll add this though..deidara well try to detonate something again...hence the last sentence at the end of the manga "final explosion" sasuke like i predicted earlier will live but be hurt significantly although im impressed by his display of intellect its like watching shikamaru lol
thing that makes him and shikamaru diff is that shikamaru can get out of those situations with less bruises than sasuke got and that proves that he's a genius in planning and tactics...not sayin sasuke isnt though but not at shika's lv of intellect

anyhow next week i predict sasuke finishin deidara cuz he's basically done...no more tricks commin out of him now...he's been shown unable to create a simple clay bird due to the cuts he got and low chakra so the "final explosion" in the next chapter might just be his suicide bombing thing he did on kakashi and crew back in the earlier chapters....

if this is the case and if u look well at both their stances they are literally done chakra wise...i cant see sasuke runnin away from that kinda explosion and commin out unscathed...he might activate cs2 wings to protect himself but when the explosion is done he'll say" haha i win...and then faint" thats likely or maybe then someone comes to help him out by stopin the explosion dunno but deidara is done next chapter...and sasuke stance don't give this feeling of i can do shunshin to run outta here if there's another huge explosion

theshizzle
July 06, 2007, 05:55 PM
yeah both Deidara and Sauske are out of chakra, i think we will seem some intervention by another member from either konoha or hebi, but someone will come in.. its been too long for just sauske and deidara, tobi wasn't even in this chapter (except the flashback)

QMark
July 06, 2007, 06:00 PM
(Sasuke would be dead if both Tobi and Deidara didn't blab about the mines being there)

I agree with you on pretty much everything except this. It was already explained by Sasuke that he could see the color of chakra, hence he could also see the land mines underground. Thus, this allowed him to pierce a mine underground to test out his theory.

sKaR
July 06, 2007, 06:02 PM
i think the only 1 coming now is tobi.I hope the next chapter will b the end of this battle.too too long ...but quite good though.I actually see sui returning n taking sasuke as he seems to b in kinda a bad conditon n taking him away.Dei will probably self detonate like a huge atom bomb n finish himself in the hope of gettin sasuke with the explosion.

bighawke5
July 06, 2007, 06:05 PM
I agree with you on pretty much everything except this. It was already explained by Sasuke that he could see the color of chakra, hence he could also see the land mines underground. Thus, this allowed him to pierce a mine underground to test out his theory.

well its not very much helpful to know that ur house smells like apples and only enter to find that its some kind of concentrated gas with a apple scent covering it and that gas can kill you..lol
look if he hadnt told sasuke that they were mines...sasuke would still know i agree with u...but he wouldnt have known they were mines until he landed on one and it exploded cuz he would see the colors of chakra underground and stuff but wouldnt know what they are....so yea deidara kinda got stupid there and told him...

and thats the thing that itachi is good at ....he just never speaks...lmao he doesnt talk alot if u notice in his battles he just fights and so ppl dont know what he's planin and he's terrifying since anything u try against him dont work and u keep gettin into some weird gengutsu and he overwhelms u with his tactics all while being non talkative....deidara talks too much if u noticed lol

Impel Down
July 06, 2007, 06:24 PM
Well, I've got two predictions.

1) Tobi saves Deidara from being killed, and that's that
2) Since Deidara saw "shinobi", they're both captured, or they both run away

QMark
July 06, 2007, 06:32 PM
well its not very much helpful to know that ur house smells like apples and only enter to find that its some kind of concentrated gas with a apple scent covering it and that gas can kill you..lol
look if he hadnt told sasuke that they were mines...sasuke would still know i agree with u...but he wouldnt have known they were mines until he landed on one and it exploded cuz he would see the colors of chakra underground and stuff but wouldnt know what they are....so yea deidara kinda got stupid there and told him...

and thats the thing that itachi is good at ....he just never speaks...lmao he doesnt talk alot if u notice in his battles he just fights and so ppl dont know what he's planin and he's terrifying since anything u try against him dont work and u keep gettin into some weird gengutsu and he overwhelms u with his tactics all while being non talkative....deidara talks too much if u noticed lol

Not even on the same plane as being the same thing. Sasuke had deducted that his opponent was using earth type jutsus from the moment he saw Deidara's handseals. And since Deidara was only using explosives since the beginning of the fight, he could also come to the conclusion that his entire fighting style was based on explosive earth jutsus. This is why he put so much confidence into his theory of his lightning based jutsu disarming the bombs and went so far as to test it out on the mines. He would have to be dumb as a rock not to know that they were explosives underground, especially after moments before just stepping on one.

I think what people don't take into consideration at all when reading this particular story is that its really designated towards a younger audience. Even though Japan's culture seems to be very lax on exposing children to adult themes, it doesn't mean that these stories will assume everything for that younger audience.

Littlewig
July 06, 2007, 06:43 PM
Tobi isn't coming to save anyone. If Tobi comes back, it means Sasuke's death since he is out of chakra too.

No way would Tobi come back, take Deidara away, and leave Sasuke there without killing him.

Slippers
July 06, 2007, 07:10 PM
This was expected
Sasuke beats Deidara, easily....kinda =/
Next chapter?
I'm guessing Tobi shows himself after Sasuke leaves, and finds his master dead.
Kakashi comes when he senses Deidara and Sasuke's chakara, and finds Tobi weeping(kinda =/) over Deidara being dead.
Kakashi and Tobi engage in combat

Mendes
July 06, 2007, 07:11 PM
Although the battle seems to be over for Deidara, Sasuke will have tremendous problems when Tobi shows up. I dont believe Sasuke could do anything against another foe by his own. He's lost tons of chakra and he's loosing lots of blood after that chidori on himself. I guess someone will come in his aid(its amazing how no one has shown up already), most likely Karin or Suigetsu.

QMark
July 06, 2007, 07:19 PM
Tobi isn't coming to save anyone. If Tobi comes back, it means Sasuke's death since he is out of chakra too.

No way would Tobi come back, take Deidara away, and leave Sasuke there without killing him.

Of course he would. He has no qualms with Sasuke besides when he got cut earlier. Not to mention he didn't really care about going after him in the first place.

There are multiple ways this can go people. To close off every idea but your own entirely is not wise to make predictions. Especially with how the situation is at this moment.

To list the obvious:

1.) Sasuke isn't entirely out of chakra. Beat up and tired, yes. Out of chakra? Nothing seems to confirm this, especially since Sasuke still is using Sharingan. And last time I checked, Sharingan required chakra usage.

2.) Deidara may have chakra left but not enough to win this battle. At best, even an exploding bunshin won't do any good since Sasuke has discovered how to null their explosions.

3.) Tobi is still around the area. Far enough to get away from the C4 but close enough to come back if need be. It may be out of character for Deidara to call Tobi back but its always a possibility.

4.) Time differences may be crucial. We honestly do not know when this fight has started exactly. Kishimoto isn't exactly direct when it comes to time telling. Especially since Part 2 began. This could mean that Team Hebi members might already be coming back or they barely just left. To assume that any member is nearby is complete speculation as it seems that someone would have probably shown up by now unless someone is doing some evaluation on Sasuke.

What is definite is that this fight is pretty much close to being done. Both fighters in less than tip top shape and neither of them with a whole lot of chakra to spare. If Tobi does arrive, he can choose to deliver a decisive blow or to let Deidara handle his own problems. We honestly can't predict that at this moment without knowing Tobi's true character beneath the joker we already know and love.

ShinobiWrath
July 06, 2007, 07:29 PM
Not even on the same plane as being the same thing. Sasuke had deducted that his opponent was using earth type jutsus from the moment he saw Deidara's handseals. And since Deidara was only using explosives since the beginning of the fight, he could also come to the conclusion that his entire fighting style was based on explosive earth jutsus. This is why he put so much confidence into his theory of his lightning based jutsu disarming the bombs and went so far as to test it out on the mines. He would have to be dumb as a rock not to know that they were explosives underground, especially after moments before just stepping on one.

I think what people don't take into consideration at all when reading this particular story is that its really designated towards a younger audience. Even though Japan's culture seems to be very lax on exposing children to adult themes, it doesn't mean that these stories will assume everything for that younger audience.

You took the words rightout of my mouth.

Prediction: Deidara detonates himself in a last ditch effrot to subdue Sasuke who barely escapes clinging to his life. Deidara dies and Tobi comes to see a wounded Sasuke. At that moment we learn something new about Tobi.

lordHokage
July 06, 2007, 08:14 PM
Deidara looks pretty well defeated, but given his popularity in character polls, I'm going to break the "fourth wall" and say that Kishimoto decides to spare his life. I think if this happens, it's going to happen because Tobi moves in to rescue him at the last moment. So far we haven't seen much of the famed Akatsuki team work that hones the battles of other Akatsuki pairs, so maybe their strategy was for Tobi to remain out of the fray so he could save Deidara in case he wasn't enough for Sasuke alone. I don't think that makes a lot of sense, but it's the only way I can see Kishimoto believably saving Tobi and not upsetting his fans in Japan who rank Deidara as a top character in the series. We'll see I guess.

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. :)

I agree with your predictions that Deidara life would be spare, Tobi would save the day. I think Kishimoto set up this one to one battle to teach Sasuke a valuable lesson - what is the true definition of teamwork! :kkbook :narsleepy :sasuseal :shannaro

Impel Down
July 06, 2007, 08:56 PM
No way. It'll be a total Tobi-saves situation. I mean, he IS an Akatsuki with full chakra, while Sasuke is...not. I agree that Sasuke would spare his life, but it won't be his choice, since Tobi will force that option on him.

Littlewig
July 06, 2007, 10:03 PM
To list the obvious:

While you make obvious various points that aim to address mistakes on my part, I believe there are some slips on your part:

I said Sasuke is out of chakra because he can't use anymore big moves. This is according to Deidara, so unless you are questioning the evaluative skills of an S rank criminal ninja that gained admittance to Akatsuki, this is no mistake. Besides, if he was completely out of chakra he'd be dead.

Also, we have no clue where Tobi is, he could be miles off, spying on the fight, or dead(probably breathed in the C4 lol)

What Tobi does in the end all depends on Tobi's true nature, like you said. But if he shows up to the fight scene, it most likely means Sasuke's death no matter Tobi's true character. This isn't a close minded prediction like you seem to think.

Tobi has enough reason to want to kill Sasuke himself, even though you don't think so. Sasuke not only try to kill him(I like how you downplayed this as a simple cut), Sasuke has brutally beaten Deidara, his master. This is enough reason to want to have revenge or anger.

Tobi's true nature will dictate how the event of his arrival will play out. Tobi could kill Sasuke because Deidara's orders it, Tobi seems to be subordinate. Tobi could kill Sasuke because Tobi is really prideful underneath his stupidity, and he can't stand to see Deidara hurt so bad. Tobi could kill Sasuke because Tobi really is intelligent and it wouldn't make sense to have an enemy as powerful as Sasuke left alive. There are numerous character traits that would have Tobi killing Sasuke in a weaken state.

The only character trait that would have Tobi fleeing with Deidara instead of fighting is he really is a coward. Tobi does seem to be a coward, so if he shows up he'll probably want to leave with Deidara right away. Also, there is the possibility of Deidara ordering to help him escape and not kill Sasuke due to Deidara' pride. Deidara probably doesn't want anyone else killing Sasuke.

Now, for these two possibilities to work out successfully where Sasuke stays alive in the end, Sasuke would have to decide to let them go. If he pursues them Sasuke will surely end up in a fight and die in his weakened state. This is such a bad conclusion to the fight, Sasuke gaining no information on Itachi and Deidara escaping would make the last few chapters beyond pointless.

So, in the end of the analysis of Tobi coming to help Deidara, we have Sasuke dieing, or having the last chapters being pointless. Unless there is a way for Tobi to rescue Deidara and Sasuke gaining information on Itachi that doesn't feel like a total let down and cop out, I think it's much more logical for Deidara to eventually die than for Tobi to save him.

Juggernaut
July 06, 2007, 10:05 PM
Well since tobi is still around and has full chakra... and sasuke is now beat up and out of chakra it almost means someone else HAS to show up to save his sorry ass... otehrwise tobi could jsut easily kill him and we all know sasuke isnt gonna die not and certainly not like that... so my prediction is a bunch of people roll in .. I could totally see a confrontation between konoha and hebi with tobi and deidara in the middle... probably alot of talking then chapter ends with nothing much happening...

cinamax
July 06, 2007, 10:14 PM
This one is really easy to predict. Even a stupid person can see this.

Sasuke punched Deidara towards one of his unexploded mines. As Deidara laughs about Sasuke's chakra he steps on his own mine. Deidara is killed by his own explosion. Sasuke won the fight with next to none chakra left because he used Deidara's own bombs against him. Then Tobi shows up and is confronted by Hebi. Tobi promptly retreats.

MangaUploader78
July 06, 2007, 10:21 PM
ill have spoilers by wed. this si what i think will happen... deidara will reblow himself up an when he is about to die from that expolsion..hell see sasuke an tobi fighting..an sasuke will be in his cape an everything... not messed up..an deidara will be like huh??? an say this was all a genjutsu..... an say hwo an sasuke will say... I felt ur presence an created a genjustu in this whole area...an set you up an says. You are weak..an deidara dies..

Non-Life
July 06, 2007, 10:45 PM
I hope the real nature of Tobi appears and Sasuke gets a big Surprise.

Littlewig
July 06, 2007, 11:05 PM
Well, I figured it out, when Sasuke punched Deidara, it was the finishing blow. It's too late for anyone to save Deidara.

When Deidara flew back from the force of the punch, he landed in his C4 smoke. If you remember from the previous chapter, the smoke cloud from the original C4 blast is located in the woods, where Sasuke and Deidara are at right now.

What led me to this conclusion is the emphasis that was put on an ordinary punch, that made it seem like a finishing move, yet Deidara isn't affected. Along with this, Kishi decides it's important to restate the fact that Sasuke could see the mines because he can see chakra. Also, there was no particular reason for them to land in the forest, besides that fact the C4 is there.

With the dark ominous background that appeared in the last panel, it seems over for Deidara. Unless someone hits him with a Chidori, Deidara is going to die.

You guys think Tobi will hit Deidara with a lightning attack? lol

gift_art
July 06, 2007, 11:28 PM
The fight range must be wide enough for Kishi to develop the ultimate fight between Sas and Dei that's the reason why nobody interfere with the fight or he/she will be stupidly exploded (poor birds). The nearest person nearby must be Tobi, otherwise it would be too ridiculous.
[hr]
Tobi enter the fight, then Kakashi will make a surprise and reveal Tobi's true identity :darn

Black/Light
July 07, 2007, 01:07 AM
Tobi saves Clay but other characters come and he says F killing Sas.

I don't think Sas has enuff chakra to make anymore elemental/ chakra attacks. If he did than he would have done what he did on the clone (he would have done that to make him talk and not just punched him in the face).

More people will come and Clay will be saved.

notBowen
July 07, 2007, 01:50 AM
Tobi will show up, Sasuke will escape with plot smoke escape no jutsu that Orochimaru taught him.

QMark
July 07, 2007, 04:23 AM
I said Sasuke is out of chakra because he can't use anymore big moves. This is according to Deidara, so unless you are questioning the evaluative skills of an S rank criminal ninja that gained admittance to Akatsuki, this is no mistake. Besides, if he was completely out of chakra he'd be dead.
Sorry to bust your bubble but Deidara was completely wrong on his analysis of Sasuke's chakra. His exact words, and I quote, "Looks like YOU'RE the one who's low on chakra.
You don't even have any left to free yourself, do ya?!", yet he was able to use another Chidori on his own body to diffuse the bombs and free himself. Yeah, like I'm going to take an S-Rank criminals words over what actually happened...

What Tobi does in the end all depends on Tobi's true nature, like you said. But if he shows up to the fight scene, it most likely means Sasuke's death no matter Tobi's true character. This isn't a close minded prediction like you seem to think.

Tobi has enough reason to want to kill Sasuke himself, even though you don't think so. Sasuke not only try to kill him(I like how you downplayed this as a simple cut), Sasuke has brutally beaten Deidara, his master. This is enough reason to want to have revenge or anger.

It's closed minded in the sense that you leave him with only one option. Kill Sasuke. And I didn't downplay anything. Check the chapter again and tell me if Tobi's demeanor suggests anything more than it being a simple cut. Heck, even Tobi gets back up to be the joker he is while commenting on Sasuke's speed. And again, your assuming Tobi's character on a less than definitive prediction. Its better to keep his character open since we literally know nothing of the real him. If I were to make a prediction and dismiss others solely based on what we have seen of him (like you have) then his joker of a character would completely disregard Deidara's demise and run away. But since we don't know his true character, anything is possible for him at this moment. Yes, even killing Sasuke without the intent of revenge.

Tobi's true nature will dictate how the event of his arrival will play out. Tobi could kill Sasuke because Deidara's orders it, Tobi seems to be subordinate. Tobi could kill Sasuke because Tobi is really prideful underneath his stupidity, and he can't stand to see Deidara hurt so bad. Tobi could kill Sasuke because Tobi really is intelligent and it wouldn't make sense to have an enemy as powerful as Sasuke left alive. There are numerous character traits that would have Tobi killing Sasuke in a weaken state.

The only character trait that would have Tobi fleeing with Deidara instead of fighting is he really is a coward. Tobi does seem to be a coward, so if he shows up he'll probably want to leave with Deidara right away. Also, there is the possibility of Deidara ordering to help him escape and not kill Sasuke due to Deidara' pride. Deidara probably doesn't want anyone else killing Sasuke.

Now, for these two possibilities to work out successfully where Sasuke stays alive in the end, Sasuke would have to decide to let them go. If he pursues them Sasuke will surely end up in a fight and die in his weakened state. This is such a bad conclusion to the fight, Sasuke gaining no information on Itachi and Deidara escaping would make the last few chapters beyond pointless.

So, in the end of the analysis of Tobi coming to help Deidara, we have Sasuke dieing, or having the last chapters being pointless. Unless there is a way for Tobi to rescue Deidara and Sasuke gaining information on Itachi that doesn't feel like a total let down and cop out, I think it's much more logical for Deidara to eventually die than for Tobi to save him.
I'll say this again. We have to know more of his real character to make such predictions. There are far more possibilities that this can go than what your insisting at this moment. I'm fairly aware you understand that we have to find out more about Tobi's true character but assuming it for him won't make this discussion any easier. To be blunt, Tobi has no real connection to this fight between Deidara and Sasuke besides being Deidara's partner.

Mendes
July 07, 2007, 08:08 AM
I think its time to test the loyalty of Sasuke's "subordinates". Its true Suigetsu has a similar goal with Sasuke's, but looking at the mess his "leader" is in, I wonder if he will actually help him, or even follow him. It would also be dangerous if Juugo comes to Sasuke still in a mad mood after his own battle.

ANBU4U
July 07, 2007, 09:56 AM

Whats wrong with Sasuke killing Diedara? He's and S-ranked missing-nin (they both are probably..but still) from an ENEMY organization of Konoah's. And on top of that Diedara attacked Sauske....for no good reason. I can't fathom why anyone would bat an eye over his death, no one cried when Naruto killed Yuri. Kakashi seemed pretty intent on killing Zabuza....so clearly it's not Taboo.

And if Zabuza was in the Bingo book, I'm positive Diedara the Terrorist Bomber is...

Alterno
July 07, 2007, 10:01 AM
The next chapter is the end for deidara, like it or not. I think he lasted this long due his large fan base, however if he survives the next chapter a lot of people (including those that are deidara's fan) are going to be pissed. I see tobi taking deidara's ring from his arm and maybe attempting to finish off sasuke. I think that tobi might be stronger than deidara, I have that strong feeling. And we just confirmed that sasuke is not even near to itachi's level.

MangaUploader78
July 07, 2007, 10:18 AM
itd be funny if sasuke is about to die an kakashi shows up an kills deidara an says sasuke u are still weak...naruto defeated an akutsuki by himself...then sasuke says..shut up i dont need ur help an leaves

chocohexe
July 07, 2007, 01:09 PM
Sasuke... I dont know if he is that great. He is a Traitor, a jerk and is a emo *lol*. We will see wich one is stronger, Sasuke has always the better things on his site. Hard working come on, he has the sharingan this copys jutus, to learn some new he only need to watch. The Hardworking Type is for me naruto. But thats off topic. I think Sasuke will beat deidara but dei will escape, with some help off toby.

But all of the thinks that ein though of him, changes not the fact, that he is really hot xD

mizu172
July 07, 2007, 01:13 PM
Sasuke... I dont know if he is that great. He is a Traitor, a jerk and is a emo *lol*. We will see wich one is stronger, Sasuke has always the better things on his site. Hard working come on, he has the sharingan this copys jutus, to learn some new he only need to watch. The Hardworking Type is for me naruto. But thats off topic. I think Sasuke will beat deidara but dei will escape, with some help off toby.

But all of the thinks that ein though of him, changes not the fact, that he is really hot xD

yeah yeah you're right. Sasuke the emo *jk* only copies jutsu's. I think Itachi'll show up and Konoha captures him. KUKUKUKUKU

marte1980
July 07, 2007, 01:21 PM
too bad it's not gona happen, naruto is even weaker and he wouldnt survive 2 chapters against ded, and i just cant understand when Kakashi said that naruto can be stronger then him.... lets face it, naruto is dumb daydreamer:notrust and all that crap against suske are craps, his strength is reword for 3 years of hard work and training and there is no some famous god strength that was given to him:notrust
Actually sasuke received the great help of stage 2 of the seal from Orochimaru.Without that he would have been like Neji right now!Anyway,I think that sasuke will win against Deidara without any help,but after all these chapters on Sasuke the author should give us a lot of chapters where we can see how much strong is now Naruto,even stronger than sasuke,or he should rename the manga "sasuke" so that I wouldn't bother to read any other new chapter.
P.S. I think that at some point sasuke will face Kakashi and he'll kill him,so maybe at that point Naruto wll really understand that he needs to kill sasuke.This is maybe what is gonna happen if sasuke is really the successor of Orochimaru,otherwise at some point Naruto will beat sasuke and they could come back to Konoha and live like the first and the second Hokage.
P.P.S. We still don't know who is the leader of Akatsuki,and he's even stronger than Itachi.I think that maybe at that point we could find out that even Naruto has a "bloodline limit" or something like that.

notBowen
July 07, 2007, 02:29 PM
if he survives the next chapter a lot of people (including those that are deidara's fan) are going to be pissed.
Deidara's fans are going to be pissed he's still alive? Why? Can't someone be dealt a defeat in a close match and not be obligated to die? Deidara is a lot more valuable a character than Hidan or Kakuzu ever were (although I <3 them).

Deidara's fans are going to be pissed he's still alive? Why? Can't someone be dealt a defeat in a close match and not be obligated to die? Deidara is a lot more valuable a character than Hidan or Kakuzu ever were (although I <3 them).

You can't compared Kakuzu with Deidara..

Kakuzu is a well experience fighter that can use all elements. he lost 2 heart out of 5. and naruto has only 1 heart and only can use one element..

Kakuzu was kicking Kakashi arse and he could have killed Kakashi one & one.

Deidara might be long range & he could have beaten naruto since he's a long range fighter.. But trust me. Deidara fighting Naruto at this moment when he's trusting on is own power and the kyuubi? Deidara would lose. Because if Naruto go 4 tails and start to use that shooting thing out of is mouth, i'm deidara would die from a hit..

I predicted Tobi come in and save Deidara.. And i hope to see a little of Hebi & the leave in the next chapter to come...

3shinkyo3
July 07, 2007, 03:45 PM
i think next episode will be the death of deidara but not before some information or something is said about how sasuke is not ready for itachi yet. Also i hoping that we get to see what the other chracters are up to.

Sorry off topic but i do not believe nauto is stronger than kakashi, naruto is a classic power house one hit-wonder. I really like naruto but his strength comes from having super powered finishing moves, he does not have the intelligence to beat kakashi, i just don't belive he has what it takes imo.

PredatorNar
July 07, 2007, 04:16 PM
You know what's irritating about things on this board? People are going against Kishi's word. Kakashi has said that Naruto has surpassed him and when someone admits someone is better, guess what? They are better! Now, if people are still saying Kakashi's better even though Kakashi/Kishi admitted it, then why argue with them? They will believe anything they want in their little imaginary world.

Onto something else.

Wouldn't it be great if Sasuke dashs towards Deidara and Naruto comes out of no where with the RasenShuriken and kills Deidara before Sasuke has a chance to? Sasuke would be like "what is that jutsu? I can't identify it even though I have the uber Sharingan! OMG it's Naruto! Oh no, he's still better! *Cry*"

KingJosh
July 07, 2007, 04:21 PM
I cant say that sasuke is strong, becuse he has a lot of trouble with deidara, I know that deidara is trong to, but e is not at the level av itachi. So sasuke wouldent have chance against itachi, however, I am going off topic now sorry!

my prediction will that sasuke shows some amazing sharingan power. And we see sasuke leaves a half dead deidara. And then naruto, hinata and kakashi comes and see's a half dead deidara, and all of them thinking sasuke. And then they say that sasuke must be really near and hinata uses her eyes and looks after sasuke. And then kakashi lay his finall hand over deidara and kills him.

Inevitable_Exit
July 07, 2007, 04:57 PM
I think people are too caught up on Naruto vs. Sasuke, and renaming the manga "Sasuke". Sasuke has a few good chapters where he shows strategy and all of a sudden he is "God like"? People seem to forget Naruto showed up and one shot an Akatsuki member. Just relax people. Its always been this way Sasuke stronger than Naruto or vice versa. It rotates. Drop it, and realize that Sasuke is being set up for a big fall and Naruto will be there to catch him.

My prediction, we will see Deidera deeated by Sasuke, but Tobi will show up. Sasuke will then either be saved or Tobi will do a good joke and leave. Regardless, Sasuke wins. But will realize he isnt Itachi's level.

GPZrag
July 07, 2007, 07:14 PM
At this point everything is possible i juts hope that the next chapter someone dies or this fight will be pointless, Kishi should understand that we ppl need BLOOD we need VIOLENCE, THAT IS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANTS! C'MON KISHI! SEE THROUGH IT! :)... anyways i think that this fight will end in a tie :)...

sKaR
July 08, 2007, 02:25 AM
This fight will hav to end in next chapter.Im interested to c wat sasuke is gona do with tobi.Or may b next chapter too will b all sasuke n deidara at the end where there is an uberexplosion leaving a mega crater or something n because of that all konoha teams who r wierdly in the area but couldnt even hear 1 of the many explosions of this long battle,will home in on that position only to find no 1 there but may b bits n peices of deidaras clothing n may b the dogs may sniff out scent of sasuke.I think thats all that konoha will have in this arc.So i guess intro-ing kiba n shino was just so v can c their faces as v might have forgotten them.A really awsum sasuke arc but they should have had more encounters between konoha n hebi.Remember that starting chapter of this fight when v had made up all these possible ribtickling combinations of who s gonna fight who.What a waste that turned out to b.I think kishi just thought that may b deidara getting totally owned without a scratch on sasuke would b unfair to the guy who singlehandedly beat gaara.So he made sasuke chidori himself to atleast make it look like he broke a sweat in the battle.lol.But this just shows,other than that sasuke was almost perfect in this battle.unless u count the minor scratches this was like a flawless victory fer sasuke.I think if questioned,tobi will spit it out as to where itachi is as thats what i have deduced from his attitude till now.As most of what i have predicted till now has been tru,i mite have spoiled the next three weeks of manga fer u guys :-))

PredatorNar
July 08, 2007, 03:42 AM
This fight will hav to end in next chapter.Im interested to c wat sasuke is gona do with tobi.Or may b next chapter too will b all sasuke n deidara at the end where there is an uberexplosion leaving a mega crater or something n because of that all konoha teams who r wierdly in the area but couldnt even hear 1 of the many explosions of this long battle,will home in on that position only to find no 1 there but may b bits n peices of deidaras clothing n may b the dogs may sniff out scent of sasuke.I think thats all that konoha will have in this arc.So i guess intro-ing kiba n shino was just so v can c their faces as v might have forgotten them.A really awsum sasuke arc but they should have had more encounters between konoha n hebi.Remember that starting chapter of this fight when v had made up all these possible ribtickling combinations of who s gonna fight who.What a waste that turned out to b.I think kishi just thought that may b deidara getting totally owned without a scratch on sasuke would b unfair to the guy who singlehandedly beat gaara.So he made sasuke chidori himself to atleast make it look like he broke a sweat in the battle.lol.But this just shows,other than that sasuke was almost perfect in this battle.unless u count the minor scratches this was like a flawless victory fer sasuke.I think if questioned,tobi will spit it out as to where itachi is as thats what i have deduced from his attitude till now.As most of what i have predicted till now has been tru,i mite have spoiled the next three weeks of manga fer u guys :-))

1) This hasn't been a long battle. In the Naruto reality, this battle has, at max, been like 5 minutes.
2) Sasuke has expended almost all his chakra because he's so dependant on some very chakra-draining moves: Chidori, CS2, and Sharingan usage. Yes, he did do a smart move (after being tipped off by Tobi and Deidara themselves) that knocked Deidara out the sky, but he still used almost all his energy to get at Deidara and the end result is both of them are spent.
3) Why would Tobi be intimidated into talking when Sasuke is almost out of chakra and Tobi's fresh? That would make no sense.

Also, I bet Deidara is thinking right now "Pfft, why did Kakashi have to teach Sasuke that damned Chidori in the first place"

khar2
July 08, 2007, 05:35 AM
1) This hasn't been a long battle. In the Naruto reality, this battle has, at max, been like 5 minutes.
2) Sasuke has expended almost all his chakra because he's so dependant on some very chakra-draining moves: Chidori, CS2, and Sharingan usage. Yes, he did do a smart move (after being tipped off by Tobi and Deidara themselves) that knocked Deidara out the sky, but he still used almost all his energy to get at Deidara and the end result is both of them are spent.
3) Why would Tobi be intimidated into talking when Sasuke is almost out of chakra and Tobi's fresh? That would make no sense.

We dont know for sure that Suske is out of chakra, after deidaras predicton, suske made one chidori and another illusion of himself going apart, and he is still using sharingan, only thing we know he is injured because he shocked himself thats all, but for deidara we know for sure he is out of chakra, because he told us that by himself, didnt he!?!?:amuse
and someone coming to help someone is just speculation, and tobi maybe funny but he didnt show himself like a fighter, more like coward in all chapters :eyeroll

OhDearMoshe
July 08, 2007, 06:23 AM
We dont know for sure that Suske is out of chakra, after deidaras predicton, suske made one chidori and another illusion of himself going apart, and he is still using sharingan, only thing we know he is injured because he shocked himself thats all, but for deidara we know for sure he is out of chakra, because he told us that by himself, didnt he!?!?:amuse
and someone coming to help someone is just speculation, and tobi maybe funny but he didnt show himself like a fighter, more like coward in all chapters :eyeroll

But if you remember Tobi did take out the three tails with one hit and he is an akatsuki member so we know he must have some battle ability!

sKaR
July 08, 2007, 07:16 AM
they never showed tobi killing the 3tailz/it was deidara again who helped tobi there.Tboi dosent seem to b of the valiant kind.hes gonna sing like a bird if cornered by sasuke!!!

OhDearMoshe
July 08, 2007, 08:29 AM
they never showed tobi killing the 3tailz/it was deidara again who helped tobi there.Tboi dosent seem to b of the valiant kind.hes gonna sing like a bird if cornered by sasuke!!!

Yeah but Tobi did say after how awesome was taking out the three tails with one hit. I mean Kishi wouldn't tell us this kind of thing without any sort of reason. He may not be the valiant type but lets face it, he shown he does care about Deidara and even Deidara has shown he does care on some form about Tobi. I doubt Tobi is going to rush in to do battle but he may try and save his beloved Sempai.

dg556
July 08, 2007, 10:57 AM
I would be quite disappointed if dei losses because i have never seen someone change their tactics against the sharingan so many times and besides if he kills dei he’ll think he can take on itachi which we all know is impossible at his current level so i hope dei somehow defeats susake but just before the final blow he is saved by hebi and then he must prove his strength to the hebi members by challenging naruto.

theshizzle
July 08, 2007, 12:04 PM
Sauske has got Deidaras number, i hate to admit but he's dead. I think Sauske is not as strong as Naruto, but is strength

what determines who will win a fight? I don't think that 1,000,000 Kage Bunshins could learn the intelligence that

sauske knows. Sauske is always going to be smarter in battle tactics than Naruto, unless

something drastic happens...I feel that the only way Naruto can beat Sauske is if he

quickly goes 4 tails and just opens a can of whoop ass on Sauske. I mean what would

have Naruto done against the c4 microscopic bombs? From what i remember Kakashi was

there when Naruto hit Deidara in rescue Garaa Arc.

As for Sauske dying? i don't think it will happen. he will eventually be brought back to

Konoha by his own will.

Sasuke going to reveal is new Jutsu. that going to kill Deidara. But it going to make sasuke so weak because of the lack of chakra.

Tobi will see what took place.. Sasuke going to try and go after Tobi with is last effort of gaining knowledge about Itachi whereabouts’, That going to cause trouble for sasuke because all this time he was fighting the weaker of the 2 AK members. and he'll see that he's no match for itachi or Tobi.

Hebi-Karin will crown him for killing Deidara on is own. But sasuke going to doubt is readiness and before he meet itachi he going to fight Naruto or during is fight with Itachi Naruto will appear to stop itachi from giving sasuke the final blow.

I still feel that Sasuke going to wound kakashi or kill him. Just to prove is point of being ready for Itachi.

mars0103
July 08, 2007, 01:53 PM
i hope the next chapter will be half and half the end of the sasake battle and a good cliff hagers about one a the organzation in the book that kabito gave naruto simiar to the picture book chapter in the search for sasake in post time skip

ornis
July 08, 2007, 02:38 PM
We must follow the topic.

The next off-topic or imaginative prediction excluding 362 as the object of anticipation/pondering will find itself and the back-log of off-topic posts erased.

Bl4sch3k
July 08, 2007, 04:03 PM
Deidara's downfall, Tobi's time too shine: Deidara will agree, that Sasuke is an equal opponent to him... I think, he just wanted to measure Sasuke's capabilities. He then will quickly reunite with Tobi and go carelessly for some fighting with Naruto... Naruto will be nearly injured by Deidara, saved at last second by Gaara (yes Gaara)... Gaara than has the honour to slay off, what's left of Deidara. Tobi will be involved in a fight with Kakashi and run off to Akatsuki base as soon Deidara dies.

llamapie
July 08, 2007, 04:39 PM
Deidara's downfall, Tobi's time too shine: Deidara will agree, that Sasuke is an equal opponent to him... I think, he just wanted to measure Sasuke's capabilities. He then will quickly reunite with Tobi and go carelessly for some fighting with Naruto... Naruto will be nearly injured by Deidara, saved at last second by Gaara (yes Gaara)... Gaara than has the honour to slay off, what's left of Deidara. Tobi will be involved in a fight with Kakashi and run off to Akatsuki base as soon Deidara dies.

No thats way too much for one chapter.. Sasuke is gonna kill deidara next chapter, that much seems obvious.. Though with tobi coming in -- I wonder whats actually gonna happen

EyesomeR
July 08, 2007, 08:46 PM
has everybody forgotten about the other members of hebi, what info is suigetsu after and who caused curse seal dude(cant remember name right now) to start transforming?

the only logical step is kishi really really wants to save dei is for tobi to step in, he is the closest cus he just ran out of guruda's range so he is still the closest, and we didnt see him for the entire chapter, which could mean a surprise entrance in the next chapter, we may get to see more of his fighting style, and also someone mentioned above that sasuke would be dead if tobi and dei werent blabbing about the bombs but...."my eyes give chakra colour"

if kishi doesnt wanna save dei he's a gonner cus sasuke can still rely on the CS chakra somewhat like kyuubi chakra, which is what i always thought was naruto's balance
.... Naruto got Rasengan....
Sasuke got Chidori..........
Naruto learned to channel kyuubi better.....sasuke learned to channel CS better......
i think it really was a matter of time until naruto learned element manipulation cus sasuke has two under his belt now lightening and fire with lightening now being the dominant
nuff said

76trombones
July 08, 2007, 09:02 PM
has everybody forgotten about the other members of hebi, what info is suigetsu after and who caused curse seal dude(cant remember name right now) to start transforming?

I have to agree. Though since the battle is nearing its close, I must predict that we will begin to see some of the other characters. Even during the Sakura/Chiyo vs. Sasori, I THINK there were times when they cut to the other characters. Seriously. And that was like, 15 chapters long ... yeesh.

But anyway. I can't see anyway Deidara can pull this one off alone. Sasuke beats Deidara, but he won't kill him. I can see a few situations:

1) Karin comes, and they leave Deidara alive, and begin to move to the next target.
2) Suigetsu comes and tries to finish off Deidara but
a) Sasuke stops him or
b) Tobi stops him
3) Juugo comes and kills Deidara, regardless of any kind of interference
4) Tobi beats Sasuke and
a) Sasuke is captured or
b) Sasuke is killed
5) Sasuke interrogates Deidara, gets the information and leaves him a live, or finally
6) Sasuke fails to get information out of Deidara, but lacks the will to kill him; either that or he fails to get information and kills him.

I find Sasuke being killed to be highly unlikely, and at this point, Sasuke's capture is unlikely as well ... people find the Sasuke fight is just me being hopeful, but given what we've seen of Kishi's writing in this fight so far, I also find that unlikely. So Sasuke will probably try to get information out of Deidara ... and I really have no way of telling whether he'll get it or not. It intrigues me though.

Juggernaut
July 08, 2007, 09:07 PM
I'll say Itachi shows up and talks to sasuke for a bit... then he leaves with orders from the leader to save Deidaras ass...

76trombones
July 08, 2007, 09:10 PM
I'll say Itachi shows up and talks to sasuke for a bit... then he leaves with orders from the leader to save Deidaras ass...

Hah! If you were paying attention to the flashbacks, I think you'd realize that Itachi is the exact WRONG person to send to save Deidara's ass. Deidara would sooner die fighting Sasuke than owe his life to Itachi. No. Way.

brainwiz
July 08, 2007, 09:59 PM

It was my impression that he transformed in order to "hack" the bird so he could see what was going on. The images that come after that in the manga I think were what he was seeing. I don't know though.

Anyway, prediction:
Sasuke kills deidara, tobi tries to escape, runs into kakashi, tobi's mask falls off and...
he turns out to be the old man from the mill (scoobydoobydoo)....whoops i mean zombie obito. zombito.

ShinobiWrath
July 08, 2007, 11:07 PM
Deidara, after admitting defeat, sumbitts to Sasuke's will and Tells him what he wants to know. After so Deidara explains his life's purpose(We Know That Already)he leaves sasuke with there exact words(Okay maybe not exact),"I just want to see my artwork one....last...time". Not long after this does he intentionally draw out his last bit of strength and decides to nobely destroy himself in hopes of Taking Sasuke along with him. SAsuke escapes holding onto a very thin thread. Tobi looks back at the cataclysmic explosion realizing instantly his Sempai was gone. Wary of any unwanted attention Tobi flees the scene but ill-fatedly runs into Suigetsu who instantly recognizes the Akatsuki Description(Black robes with red clouds)given by the reluctant participants. Tobi finds himself cornered meanwhile Sasuke is struggling to regain his strength and move along when he is inturrupted by Kakashi. They talk and I guess that's as far as it goes until further notice.

marte1980
July 09, 2007, 12:46 AM
Well, sasuke isn't gonna die from Deidara for sure,so at least I hope that, after all these chapters, we'll see Deidara finally dying.Anyway the interesting point is if in one of the next battles Yamato will die.At that point the only one who can suppress the Kyubi's chakra will be sasuke.

Seranel N'Ryt
July 09, 2007, 01:37 AM
it will be boxing

(don't mention it -_-;;; just kidding)
they used all chakra and seriously wounded already. in my opinion, nobody die. Dei-chan can run away with Tobi. Sasuke mustn't die rightly -_-;
Sasuke will feel some limit...

hitokugutsu
July 09, 2007, 06:44 AM
I'm hoping Kakashi will come. With Sasuke in such a bad condition he cant fight Kakashi, and then we'll have some good teacher-student talk involving the MS

khordidi
July 09, 2007, 09:13 AM
i bet before tobi shows up... sasuke will ask about itachi from deidara...

then tobi will bring deidara go.

spactaa
July 09, 2007, 10:54 AM
"Hah! If you were paying attention to the flashbacks, I think you'd realize that Itachi is the exact WRONG person to send to save Deidara's ass. Deidara would sooner die fighting Sasuke than owe his life to Itachi. No. Way."

Not if the leader say so, itachi is not the type to contest orders from the leader.

notBowen
July 09, 2007, 02:37 PM
"Hah! If you were paying attention to the flashbacks, I think you'd realize that Itachi is the exact WRONG person to send to save Deidara's ass. Deidara would sooner die fighting Sasuke than owe his life to Itachi. No. Way."

Not if the leader say so, itachi is not the type to contest orders from the leader.Why? He's never been shown to be disloyal but he's never been shown to be completely and utterly loyal either, such as his reluctance to describe Naruto and his vague description thereafter.

Toad Sage
July 09, 2007, 02:40 PM
All right, try to get back to making original predictions. Enough one/two line posts following up on tangential items of discussion.

Gundulf
July 09, 2007, 05:21 PM
Sauske has got Deidaras number, i hate to admit but he's dead. I think Sauske is not as strong as Naruto, but is strength

what determines who will win a fight? I don't think that 1,000,000 Kage Bunshins could learn the intelligence that

sauske knows. Sauske is always going to be smarter in battle tactics than Naruto, unless

something drastic happens...I feel that the only way Naruto can beat Sauske is if he

quickly goes 4 tails and just opens a can of whoop ass on Sauske. I mean what would

have Naruto done against the c4 microscopic bombs? From what i remember Kakashi was

there when Naruto hit Deidara in rescue Garaa Arc.

As for Sauske dying? i don't think it will happen. he will eventually be brought back to

Konoha by his own will.

Put that 1,000,000 kagebunshin to train and read, and explore, and you have a better character than sasuke about naruto wining against sasuke he already did so... on that battle if he had sasuke heart he would have killed sasuke, then again hes kind. i think deidara manages to survive this LOOOONG, short battle i mean i love deidara eccentricity and without people as fun as him the manga would be soooo repetitive.

kit99bar
July 09, 2007, 05:48 PM
my prediction is that Deidara's last attack is stuffed by Sasuke. They both are very low on chakra. Tobi and another person from Hebi - probably Juugo in full CS form. Tobi will be defensive and retreating while doing spectacular moves that are not noticable except by Sasuke. When Deidara stops watching (perhaps due to passing out), Tobi reveals his true power and kills Juugo. Tobi retreats with Deidara then

pcxxy
July 09, 2007, 06:33 PM
Lol nice prediction kit99bar! but i don't think any of it will happen. I think Deidara will die right there, right now. This fight has gone on for too long and if nothing happens out of it (i.e. they both separate and end up healing eventually meaning again that nothing has happened), then it's not a very good plot imho.

Regardless, we may still see a person from Hebi, but still, Deidara will be history.

Merovingian
July 09, 2007, 07:38 PM
Deidara is not becoming an important character... He's becoming popular. If Kishimoto keep turning every popular character into important character the series will never ends and nobody will get killed.

My predictions are quite simple. Another chapter full of fight, except that half of it will be concerning some Sasuke or Deidara's memories but nothing important.

taimoor2
July 09, 2007, 07:47 PM
I think deidara will try some last attack. We will see something of Tobi. Sasuke will do something which doesn't involve his sharingan and deidara will be impressed by him(regardless of the current opinion, sasuke is being bought forward as an ambivalant character who has nothing against konoha and his friends nor does he loves them so that puts him on the goodguy/bad guy edge.His chances of return are high but off course not now!)

I expect to see some kind of lead for sasuke like whereabouts of itachi. Whether they will be given by Deidara or Tobi remains to be seen. Unless Juggo went CS2 and killed all other members of Hebi, its about time they return!

Panda
July 09, 2007, 07:53 PM
What I thinks is:

Sasuke is about to deliver the finishing blow to Deidara when Tobi jumps in and pleads Sasuke to stop.

He then gives Sasuke information about Itachi's whereabouts in exchange for Deidaras life.
Both sides have some inherent respect for each other.
I think its a smart thing to do because Deidara can live to fight another day and become a better shinobi. He may even have a change of heart for Sasuke.

marte1980
July 09, 2007, 08:10 PM
Anyway I think(and hope) that Deidara will die.(well,I'd have prefered to see sasuke dying,but it ain't gonna happen now(but please,let him die at least sooner than Naruto!))After this,I'd like to see Sakura against Karin,so that maybe we can find about what was that something that Suigetsu said Karin did to sasuke:).Most of all I think there should be some scene where we can see the growth of Naruto,otherwise this story of becoming Hokage will continue to be far too little developed(but I think that sooner or later he'll become Hokage,and at that point he will die,maybe fighting the Kyubi).

Bling
July 10, 2007, 03:27 AM
Most of all I think there should be some scene where we can see the growth of Naruto,otherwise this story of becoming Hokage will continue to be far too little developed(but I think that sooner or later he'll become Hokage,and at that point he will die,maybe fighting the Kyubi).

Im so sure that something like that will happen in the end....Nevermind though, I think deidara will do something weird again but this time sasuke will get him with his "that" jutsu...Im wondering if tobi is going to show up or if he will encounter someone else...

76trombones
July 10, 2007, 08:55 PM
All right, try to get back to making original predictions. Enough one/two line posts following up on tangential items of discussion.

That's what prediction discussions turn into. If the entire discussion was "I predict this," and there were no replies, it wouldn't be a discussion, it would be a bunch of disconnected statements that had nothing to do with each other. AKA, BORING.

Deidara is not becoming an important character... He's becoming popular. If Kishimoto keep turning every popular character into important character the series will never ends and nobody will get killed.

I disagree. I always thought that the unimportant, yet popular characters like Deidara are the ones that shouldn't die. You take them all out and you no longer have comic relief and random moments. They are what makes the anime better.

I don't believe Deidara will be killed. He's not the type of character in a manga that just shows up, blows up and dies. Besides, the Akatsuki are slowly being destroyed ... what the hell? If Deidara dies now, how many will be left? Not enough ... I'm feeling like Akatsuki needs some of its original members, I mean jeeeezz ... they've lost 3 and only replaced 1. They lose a 4th and they start to look so much weaker than they originally did.

I want Akatsuki to pull something that will bring them back to their godlike status that they had when they first arrived on the scene. Let's hope that happens.

SacredNic
July 11, 2007, 02:40 AM
I reckon that Tobi will come in and knock out Sasuke in one hit.

Then he'll gloat as usual (which we all enjoy anyway right?) :tem

I'm hoping that Deidara's days aren't over just yet...

LadyStyx
July 12, 2007, 11:04 AM
i hope DeiKun will not dead...
if he will be sick, tobi will help him ^^

c'mon tobi show your best!
not only escape no jutsu ^^

C4animax
July 12, 2007, 11:10 AM
I believe it's time for toby to make his appearance and "flee" with deidara's (dead?) body, i'd expect toby to be some kind of ubber fast ennemie, leaving sasuke where he stands....on a sidenote sasuke will get no information about itachi and maybe karin will help in some way to track down deidara and tobi.

I also predict some highlight on the others!

ZSaberLink
July 12, 2007, 02:01 PM
I believe that Tobi will interfere, partly because it would be pretty stupid if he didn't, and partly because of a pattern I'm seeing. First, both Naruto and Sasuke haven't killed anyone yet. Kakashi killing Kakuzu seemed like an unnecessary event unless they hoped Naruto would remain "pure?"/kill-less... and the fact that Sasuke's attitude of not killing unnecessary people is present... (No, I don't consider that Sasuke "killed" Orochimaru.... he just defeated him)... so both of their first kills will have to be on someone important. Aka Itachi for Sasuke, etc.

bighawke5
July 12, 2007, 03:50 PM
my prediction is that deidara blows himself up (o wow like we dont know) but sasuke has no more chakra left and tobi lets out a cry for his sempai and saves sasuke and zips out of the explosions' range fast like the wind...
then sasuke asks him y he did so and he puts sasuke down and says"i dont know the full story b/w u and your bro, but u should escape and not try to look for itachi, because even at ur level u'll have no chance"
"if u still pursue itachi...u'll die" and then tobi mysteriously leaves....

warsaint777
July 12, 2007, 07:14 PM
But anyway, I think Deidara is finally gonna croak this chapter. His character has been as fleshed out as fully as an Akatsuki member can be.

need to remain on topic of predictions

godofthesunn
July 12, 2007, 09:37 PM
But anyway, I think Deidara is finally gonna croak this chapter. His character has been as fleshed out as fully as an Akatsuki member can be.

Also deidara doesnt deserve to die.. one all of sauske's opponents never die first of all so unless it is suicide but deidra wont do that hopefully.. we just cant let all of the akutsuki members die 3 deaths in less than 30 chapters is a bit much

took out off topic part

Seranel N'Ryt
July 12, 2007, 09:53 PM
Tobi-kun haven't been helping his senpai!!
why AL allow to join this guy! -___-

Dei-chan's self-explosion... Sasuke will be wounded seriosly(almost die or flown somewhere)
so Dei and Tobi think Sasuke is dead

i can't think Dei kill himself

walkie
July 13, 2007, 05:20 AM
almost everbody expecting to see deidara to blow himself...so i say kishi will not do that :) deidara will probably die but not by suicide...

dasher232
July 13, 2007, 03:53 PM
Hmmm. Either one of these things will bail sasuke out:

He has either MS or something to do with sharingan (includes genjutsu).
Kakashi saves him.
Huge PNJ.

hitokugutsu
July 13, 2007, 04:04 PM
Hmm blowing himself up, kinda predictable but is does work to make Sasuke shit his pants, so I dont mind.
To bad we didnt get some background infornation about Deidaras mouths but I guess the databooks will cover that

Takuto
July 13, 2007, 04:42 PM
Not sure how Tobi will survive as i can't see him being killed off, same goes for Sasuke.

Shame it looks like Deidara is gonna die, really liked him.

Guess we'll have to wait til next chapter to find out.

kunai-knight
July 13, 2007, 05:56 PM
Mmmm loved the chapter. Very shocking, sort of original, didnt see the fourth (?) mouth thing coming at all. The ending very nicely done as well. 3 cheers for kishimoto! :tem

Merovingian
July 13, 2007, 06:19 PM
Couldn't be worse... It's turning into a rule, every time Kishimoto comes to a dead end, he came up with new skills for his chararcters.

Why Kishimoto came up with a new mouth on chest? Couldn't he use Deidara's "face mouth"? To me it's clear that he used this to fill the manga to fit in 16 pages. If you all take another look, it took 3 pages, from revealing the chest mouth till starting eating the clay.

I'll read it a few more times before saying a few more things.

narutimateguy
July 13, 2007, 06:20 PM
Another bullshit chapter, i dont mean to rant, but all this talking is really getting to me, this chapter could have been cut to about 5 pages...

page 1. Deidara says all the things he said to sasuke in the whole chapter just on this page, I HATE YOU!! THOSE EYES!! AAAAA!
page 2. Deidara takes off his shirt and reveals the fourth mouth! "BEHOLD MY FOURTH MOUTH!!!

page 3. Deidara injests the clay into the mouth and turns into that ballish explosive thingy

page 4 and 5. the Huge Explosion,

There now we have 12 more pages of new content we could have seen, but of course manga always ends making you want to know wtf happened, and it couldnt have ended better than at this explosion. so that for that reason kishimoto added alot of useless pages to the chapter. i can just imagine this episode in shippuuden, deidara will be talking for like 15 minutes. its absurd. i hated this chapter with a pasion.

ShinobiWrath
July 13, 2007, 06:42 PM
I think this was one of the better chapters so far. Kishimoto gave us a clear insight on the character Deidara and we see how Deidara reacts to sasuke's attitude and compares it to Itachi's which reveals his utter hatred of Sharingan. Every great ending needs a beginning to start it off. not the most original way to die but an explosion within a 10km radius is pretty impressive even for deidara. I say this chapter was great but next week's chapter should be awesome.

lordHokage
July 13, 2007, 06:53 PM
Overall, this chapter was awesome. :wtf

Whatever that jutsu is I hope it has something to do with lightning. Either Sasuke perform it or someone is going to save him, like Naruto. He’s definitely up the hell creek without a paddle, that’s a very good thing. Its interesting that Sasuke turn off his Sharingan while Deidara transform himself into his masterpiece, I’m guessing that he was very tired and the expression on his face was just priceless. :eek:

I don’t think Sasuke has achieved Mangekyo Sharingan, therefore that’s out of the question. Mangekyo Sharingan is very powerful and it has it drawn backs, therefore I don’t think it has the capability of fully absorbing and transporting Deidara’s masterpiece to another dimension without consequences. Deidara is a bomb specialist, blowing up himself is nothing new. Deidara true form is almost identical to Kakuzu. I personal will like to see a rematch of Deidara vs. Gaara, however, Kishimoto has other plans, so said so done. :)

THOSE INTERTWINDED TONGUES GIVE BIRTH TO A NEW KIND OF BEAUTY… THE KIND THAT BLOOMS AND WITHERS IN AN INSTANT. AND WHAT STARTS AS ART, BECOMES AN EXPLOSION! :err

:dei :yourock

khar2
July 13, 2007, 07:00 PM
hmm sasuke is paying for not killing deidara first time he could, fine, deidaras personality insight, fine, but come on, 17 pages in chapter, 17 pages of looks at few talks, come on i thought that fight would be over in this chapter, not to be dragged on...
disipointed but will survive, dont know what is worst these week bleach or naturo:(, cant wait another, realy hope it will be better ( guys sasuke cant die we all know that, so here is toby's chance to show us how to survive you and your buddy in almost center of 10 km explosion:) )

Lord Rae
July 13, 2007, 07:26 PM
hey I haven't been this excited about a bleach chapter since Ichigo first whipped out his BanKai...

As for this chapter in Naruto I like it... its kind of predictable and I worry that the reveal for how Sasuke survived will be lame.

But overall a good chapter... Like others have said I'd love to know more info on Deidra... he's too interesting to be gone forever...If the final attack is a suicide attack how did he know how far and big it would be? How did he get all those mouths?

Maybe...just maybe we haven't seen the last of him. But we probably have. Generally I knew he was dead when we started getting back story. That tends to be the kiss of death. Which I'd like to see altered at some point so we get a surprise or two.

Coup
July 13, 2007, 07:35 PM
hey I haven't been this excited about a bleach chapter since Ichigo first whipped out his BanKai...

As for this chapter in Naruto I like it... its kind of predictable and I worry that the reveal for how Sasuke survived will be lame.

If the final attack is a suicide attack how did he know how far and big it would be? How did he get all those mouths?

Maybe...just maybe we haven't seen the last of him. But we probably have.
Well said and I agree but he can still die and Tobi tells what he knows of his sempai... BUT at the same time it wouldn't make sense for him to die since he knows the radius of his "suicidal" blast.

bannik
July 13, 2007, 07:57 PM
firstly, lets just say that the explosion is seriously STUPID, i cant even belive someone would even waste time to draw it.

and secondly sasuke could still survive remember his "second choice" well we dont know if he could survive but still...

and tobi is not going to die because I see big things with him, He has a purpose and he will live, in my opinion it would be sasuke suriving but nearly on the floor dying and tobi is standing still and no harm to him.....and sasuke will be like "oh my god you are uber sane"......well something like that

Don Lazy
July 13, 2007, 08:05 PM
im really dissappointed in this chapter, nothin happens and another stupid expolsion, but still im curious what will happens in the next chapter, sasuke is weak and not powerful enough to fight wiht itachi

Sentou Ryoku
July 13, 2007, 08:33 PM
Hopefully, we'll have another Naruto-less chapter again =) More Team Hebi, dammit...and Sasuke's going to be 1) saved or 2)somehow walk away unscathed AGAIN..

paucius
July 13, 2007, 09:26 PM
I don´t know you guys, but i loved the look in sasuke´s eyes. was that fear ? anyway, if the explotion was that huge, how many are going to get trap in the explotion ? and how will sasuke is going to escape ?

Shabanga
July 13, 2007, 10:20 PM
Wow,cliffhanger.looks like their fight is finally over,can't wait to see the aftermath of that explosion.

AxelCross
July 13, 2007, 10:41 PM
Ah, this is a sad chapter indeed. I would say that Deidara could live again due to some insane technique, but considering that this chapter cover is just so (weird) depressing and, I don't know, lonely it seems, I really doubt it. That's my initial instinct, then I take another look and I think "My God, is Deidara-senpai making out with himself with his...hands...DOUBLE U TEE EFF!?". Really, that's...creepy and odd.

It was good knowing you, Deidara-san! He was truly a deep character, one of the deepest after the time skip, and definitely one of the deepest in Akatsuki, my favorite character and member. I'm really excited to see what's going to happen next chapter, it could be something from being so stupid, or being so awesomely ingenious, I'm worried and excited at the same time.

We'll see. I liked this chapter a lot, the last moments of my beloved Deidara-senpai. *Sniff sniff* I really am sad to see him go...:( :oh

Littlewig
July 13, 2007, 11:04 PM
Well said and I agree but he can still die and Tobi tells what he knows of his sempai... BUT at the same time it wouldn't make sense for him to die since he knows the radius of his "suicidal" blast.

The US government knows the radius blast of their biggest nuclear weapons and yet they never set those huge ones off.

You don't need to explode something to know it's blast range, especially if you're an expert.

SacredNic
July 13, 2007, 11:32 PM
firstly, lets just say that the explosion is seriously STUPID, i cant even belive someone would even waste time to draw it.

Deidara's character is based on the famous Japanese artist Tarō Okamoto,
who quoted 'Art is a bang'.

That final explosion, which you call stupid, is the outline of Tarō Okamoto's
most popular artworks in Japan, called The Tower of the Sun.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/9/9f/200px-Taiyo_no_tou.jpg

Click here for more info ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taro_Okamoto

Deidara-sama... you shall forever be my greatest inspiration :tem

Kusachu
July 14, 2007, 12:58 AM
Deidara's character is based on the famous Japanese artist Tarō Okamoto,
who quoted 'Art is a bang'.

That final explosion, which you call stupid, is the outline of Tarō Okamoto's
most popular artworks in Japan, called The Tower of the Sun.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/9/9f/200px-Taiyo_no_tou.jpg

Click here for more info ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taro_Okamoto

Deidara-sama... you shall forever be my greatest inspiration :tem

I just read about that guy today in a book about contemporary Japanese artists!! *feels special* He was mentioned as an inspiration to many young artists and what-not. But they didn't have that particular piece in the book. Well, thanks for sharing and keeping the haters at bay.

This chapter was good, but it p*ssed me off because of the end and all. *sigh* And am I correct in believing that there is no chapter next week? (please say it aint so...)

The cover was ultimate. BWAHAHAHA! Kishimoto has been coming up with some seriously suggestive covers lately (my fave is the Sasuke/Orochimaru-tongue one though XDDDD). And is it just me or does Sasuke have a really ugly foot?? I mean, that foot was just...yucky lookin'. lol It was a nice detail on Kishimoto's part though. I've never been so giddy about something so stupid. I was all, "Oh crap! He lost a friggin' shoe!! I never seen a ninja lose a shoe before!!" Damn it now i wanna go back and look for the moment he lost it...:darn

whatever.

kuroi-san
July 14, 2007, 12:59 AM
i really do hope he's dead. i think deidara has been given too many second chances. and it has detracted from development of other characters so far. however, this fight has given me previously nonexistent respect for him. i think someone said earlier that perhaps kishi didn't really mean to make sasuke seem so badass (and again they said not to diminish his ability), and i think that's a possibility, but it was still nice to see him get kind of... put in his place i suppose in this chapter. depending on relative strength, it may also instill some fear in sasuke for what he still has to do in his revenge on itachi.

big question for this whole arc: WHAT THE FUCK IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING?!

seriously. i guess if we act logical, this fight seems to have taken around like, what, 10 minutes? maybe as few as 5? so some points to consider:

a) wtf have people been doing in the last 10 min... did they hear explosions?

b) what are they going to do now? are they within 10km from the blast? what if they are? (if they aren't, this kind of explains why they wouldn't have heard them and so wouldn't have come looking. another idea i have is that perhaps they realize that the noises have nothing to do with them, so they aren't concerning themselves... donno now naruto would treat that? like what if - as it is - it was sasuke being exploded? they know that's deidara and kakashi would probably tell everyone to stay away... thoughts on this please.)

c) perhaps another reason they aren't coming is that they are also fighting. if this is the case, how will kishi make that happen? do some like... "meanwhile..." stuff? and then quickly jump to hopefully hinata and naruto fighting... iono itachi or some shit like that (just being ridiculous)

d) how is sasuke gonna survive this explosion? i think suigetsu saving him (i think it was in one of the spoilers a while ago) with like, a water shield of his body would be cool. but it would probably really hurt suigetsu? i have no idea really.

e) is sasuke out of commission? like... he looks pretty roughed up. and he's definitely out of chakra. so what more can he do? he knows that itachi will be a tough fight... i think it's unlikely that he'd give himself a disadvantage if he can just like... try again another day.

f) how will team hebi react to sasuke being out of action (if my point e) is true)? do they really have any reason to keep fighting? i think suigetsu might want to fight kisame... he seems to have interest in the mist swordsmen.

g) who do people think kakashi is going to fight? people should post their matchup ideas for fights. and why they would be cool. i'll be interested to see how kishi sets it up.

well i've written a #($*ing lot. please say what you think about all this stuff. in particular g). :3

p.s. go ichigo! grimmjaw is a fag!

Misa
July 14, 2007, 01:31 AM
Mm, so Deidara bit the big one huh? Byebye Deidara, you were pretty cool. I loved the way Sasuke turned off Sharingan, I just got the feeling he did it because of his good nature and it was disturbing Deidara, reminding him of Itachi when he abhores Itachi and doesn't wanna be compared. Tobi shouldn't die, and I'd say the sorry is more like "sorry, I'm gonna blow up now..." "I'm gonna leave you" kind of sorry. They were kind of close in an idiotic friends way. Tobi won't die I think. Since we all know that's obito hehe. ^^" I'm kind of disturbed by the chapter front page though, that was shocking..and ..gross.. lol. It's bad enough imagining what he does with his hands let alone have that cannon insight, lol. But yeah, all akatsuki are going down some time or another. Let's see, 4 Akatsuki down, 7 to go since orochimaru is still inside Kabuto. Quite a long way to go... I guess Naruto will finish when they're all dead T_T; and damnit why does shippuden keep skipping weeks? -.-

AxelCross
July 14, 2007, 01:36 AM
Mm, so Deidara bit the big one huh? Byebye Deidara, you were pretty cool. I loved the way Sasuke turned off Sharingan, I just got the feeling he did it because of his good nature and it was disturbing Deidara, reminding him of Itachi when he abhores Itachi and doesn't wanna be compared. Tobi shouldn't die, and I'd say the sorry is more like "sorry, I'm gonna blow up now..." "I'm gonna leave you" kind of sorry. They were kind of close in an idiotic friends way. Tobi won't die I think. Since we all know that's obito hehe. ^^" I'm kind of disturbed by the chapter front page though, that was shocking..and ..gross.. lol. It's bad enough imagining what he does with his hands let alone have that cannon insight, lol. But yeah, all akatsuki are going down some time or another. Let's see, 4 Akatsuki down, 7 to go since orochimaru is still inside Kabuto. Quite a long way to go... I guess Naruto will finish when they're all dead T_T; and damnit why does shippuden keep skipping weeks? -.-

That made me sad seeing Deidara say goodbye to Tobi. I never usually think anything of deaths in Naruto because no one really says goodbye (Zabuza's was very emotional, however). But just seeing Deidara say goodbye in his own way, in his mind, not being able to say it to his friend's face was kind of sad there. I think Tobi and Deidara really did become good friends, a brother relationship in a way. I'll miss you, Deidara-senpai! Man, it was a very drawn out death though, he should have died so many times, but pressed on!

SacredNic
July 14, 2007, 01:39 AM

They are all probably quite far away. Since both Kakashi's team and Hebi separated to cover a 5km radius, I'd say that only one or two nin were nearby and could have been making their way towards the sounds of the explosions.

b) what are they going to do now? are they within 10km from the blast? what if they are? (if they aren't, this kind of explains why they wouldn't have heard them and so wouldn't have come looking. another idea i have is that perhaps they realize that the noises have nothing to do with them, so they aren't concerning themselves... donno now naruto would treat that? like what if - as it is - it was sasuke being exploded? they know that's deidara and kakashi would probably tell everyone to stay away... thoughts on this please.)

I assume that they were all out of radius... except Tobi.

Then again, Tobi's probably invincible somehow.

c) perhaps another reason they aren't coming is that they are also fighting. if this is the case, how will kishi make that happen? do some like... "meanwhile..." stuff? and then quickly jump to hopefully hinata and naruto fighting... iono itachi or some shit like that (just being ridiculous)

Nah. For starters Naruto, Hinata and Yamato are prolly sitting under a tree reading that book and drinking Jasmine tea :tem

d) how is sasuke gonna survive this explosion? i think suigetsu saving him (i think it was in one of the spoilers a while ago) with like, a water shield of his body would be cool. but it would probably really hurt suigetsu? i have no idea really.

I'd like it if Sasuke actually died at this point. That'd make things interesting. But alas, there'll be some trick as to how he survived.

e) is sasuke out of commission? like... he looks pretty roughed up. and he's definitely out of chakra. so what more can he do? he knows that itachi will be a tough fight... i think it's unlikely that he'd give himself a disadvantage if he can just like... try again another day.

It could have been another genjutsu. Deidara was using his right eye when he last saw Sasuke...

f) how will team hebi react to sasuke being out of action (if my point e) is true)? do they really have any reason to keep fighting? i think suigetsu might want to fight kisame... he seems to have interest in the mist swordsmen.

Sugetsu will carry on with his own mission, and Juugo would probably follow him.

Karin would be a bit directionless I'd say... she doesn't strike me as the sort to have an agenda (apart from getting into Sasuke's pants ;))

g) who do people think kakashi is going to fight? people should post their matchup ideas for fights. and why they would be cool. i'll be interested to see how kishi sets it up.

I think Kakashi will fight Juugo.

zelllogan
July 14, 2007, 03:05 AM
I still don't understand some things. Deidara had nearly no reactions with the sharingan (and the MS) from Kakashi. And, just because it is sasuke, he become crazy.

Deidara is a complete doton user and he have nothing to counter raiton. Talk about a huge weakness for an akatsuki ... (it's not like it was the first time for an akatsuki but still ...).

Deidara said previously that he was the one who should have killed oro. Sorry, but with that kind of level, he was nothing for orochimaru :s. The reason oro lost to sasuke was because he did not try to kill him but did try to enter his body.

And the last thing I don't really understand: Is it still possible to like sasuke after this chapter ? He was arrogant like never before (telling deidara that he had another choice ... it wasn't really smart to provoke deidara this way).

Nara Twig
July 14, 2007, 04:01 AM
I don´t know you guys, but i loved the look in sasuke´s eyes. was that fear ? anyway, if the explotion was that huge, how many are going to get trap in the explotion ? and how will sasuke is going to escape ?

There's a failrly large city which given the scale and proportions appears to be within the 10 km explosion radius. I'd say it's be in the mid to high hundreds. Looking again there are several very tall buildings... and it's probably the home of that cat ninja lair. So hundreds of fuzzy snuggly kitty ninjas may be about to die.

dasher232
July 14, 2007, 05:17 AM
I bet we won't even find out what happened next chapter anyway. I bet he finally switches back to either Naruto which wouldn't be bad. Don't get why it took a whole chapter for a character to commit suicide though. He did that in an instant wih his bunshin with kakashi. Though this time he had to elaborate some more on how much he hates those eyes as if we didn't know. His goodbye to Tobi was sweet though. Shows a gentle/caring nature to his character, reguardless of their squabbles.

midiman
July 14, 2007, 06:09 AM
I really liked this Chapter because of Deidaras last move , Sasuke in fear and because we were able to see that deidara and Tobie do have some deeper connection.

Sempai : Im sorry , but i have to do this even if I die !
Tobie : No Sempei , please don't do it. *Whining*

I think Sasuke is gonna die but after this we will be able to see KArins true ability , something like reseruction or that.

Plus, I can't understand those who didn't like this Chapter and how this arc is going on.
I loved this fight and how it turned out even if it was predictable he was gonna blow himself up, i don't think anyone tought about such a big explosion by doing self-destruction.

Godaime_Raikage
July 14, 2007, 07:27 AM
I think Sasuke is gonna die but after this we will be able to see KArins true ability , something like reseruction or that.

i cant see that coming cause a resurection skill would be realy lame it would be like in DBZ "oh someone died lets find the dragonballs and resurect him" and chiyos resurection jutsu was such a big thing that i doubt that now karin comes with the same thing without risk. And besides i think the reason sasuke took her for hebi is her skill to sense a persons chakra.

to the topic: i realy liked that chapter deis last jutsu was realy awesome though its sad that hes dead now

White Rabbit
July 14, 2007, 07:45 AM
i really find it curious how some of you see a deep relationship in the word "sorry".
i mean, deidara is trying to involve tobi in his suicide-attempt just because his ego can't stand beeing loooked down on by some uchiha-kid. so how deep can his care for tobi be?

taimoor2
July 14, 2007, 07:56 AM
i cant see that coming cause a resurection skill would be realy lame it would be like in DBZ "oh someone died lets find the dragonballs and resurect him" and chiyos resurection jutsu was such a big thing that i doubt that now karin comes with the same thing without risk. And besides i think the reason sasuke took her for hebi is her skill to sense a persons chakra.

to the topic: i realy liked that chapter deis last jutsu was realy awesome though its sad that hes dead now

Agreed. Besides if Karin's ability is regeneration than oro would have certainly user her to regenerate Kimmimaro. Oro himself said that he desires kimmimaro's body the most! :p :blink :amuse

Also, they are ninjas, NOT GODS! Their techniques are enough already! A ressurrection jutsu without risks will indeed be lame.

theshizzle
July 14, 2007, 09:43 AM
I bet we won't even find out what happened next chapter anyway. I bet he finally switches back to either Naruto which wouldn't be bad. Don't get why it took a whole chapter for a character to commit suicide though. He did that in an instant wih his bunshin with kakashi. Though this time he had to elaborate some more on how much he hates those eyes as if we didn't know. His goodbye to Tobi was sweet though. Shows a gentle/caring nature to his character, reguardless of their squabbles.

I agree that it will probably switch to the other characters and won't find out. I think Kish will

try to keep Deidara's demise a suspense, he is a fan-favorite. But after that explosion it is

safe to say he should be dead. Tobi probably hid underground, but he will survive.

khar2
July 14, 2007, 09:43 AM
if sasuke dies, then what is the point of hebi, and all storry bout itachi???
deidara is on crazy b...h, too risk life of your commrad and yours because someone looked you bad :) insane :)

C4animax
July 14, 2007, 09:47 AM

seriously. i guess if we act logical, this fight seems to have taken around like, what, 10 minutes? maybe as few as 5? so some points to consider:

well i've written a #($*ing lot. please say what you think about all this stuff. in particular g). :3

p.s. go ichigo! grimmjaw is a fag!

The thing you have to remember is that kishimoto has 18 pages to describe the story, as for now even those aren't enough to draw the fight to its end! Can you imagine if he switched every times to kakashi's big team? We wouldn't even be at the middle of the fight.

About sasuke, he said he had something up his sleeve in case there were detonation i suppose he also have some kind of ultimate defence to protect him...and probably we'll see him in his shield thing next week.

The others might really be too far away to notice anything (well exept that big explosion!) and yeah they are away from the 10 km radius otherwise they might be dead already...

ps : Yeah ichigo rocks.
ps 2 : Toby isn't dead !

Paz42
July 14, 2007, 10:26 AM
god i loved! the scene of Dei revealing his suicide mouth just the fact it was sowed shut and everything about the whole effect as it moved through his body was amazing.

I really wanna know what sauskes other option was going to be though ah so much to wonder about Great Chapter

mars0103
July 14, 2007, 10:40 AM
yes the git is dead hopfully. but there has to be a good twist something happens that be unexpected

manga_freaky
July 14, 2007, 10:52 AM
I'm quite surprise that no one has yet mentioned that explosion was a nuclear. And it doesn't matter what jutsu Sasuke has but seriously there is no escape, unless he can teleport it to another dimension or something.

GPZrag
July 14, 2007, 11:42 AM
only Yondaime-SAMA can escape that fast... so unless sasuke has developed a jutsu that shields him or hides him underground quickly enough then he should not have any problem whatsoever... :)

AxelCross
July 14, 2007, 11:59 AM
i really find it curious how some of you see a deep relationship in the word "sorry".
i mean, deidara is trying to involve tobi in his suicide-attempt just because his ego can't stand beeing loooked down on by some uchiha-kid. so how deep can his care for tobi be?

Ah, I see what you're saying now. Damn, well, if you look at it that way, Deidara looks like a real jerk. I was seeing it as "Sorry I'm leaving you, Tobi." or "Sorry we couldn't stay together longer, Tobi.", something like that. But this way it makes more sense and is more like "Sorry if I kill you in my suicidal blast, Tobi". Haha! Oh well, it's still sad to see him go, but much less emotional if one looks at it from this perspective.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! :p

Merovingian
July 14, 2007, 12:03 PM
Guys, do you really think Deidara's excuse for Tobi was because he was about to commit suicide? LOL. He asked for Tobi's excuse because Tobi would probably get caught and hurt by Deidara's self explosion. Deidara most probably think Tobi would also die in the middle of explosion. Simples as that.

Only one question to you guys: I can comprehend why you guys like Deidara, but when you say he is important for the story... hmmm...

Why exactly is he important?? Being an Akatsuki member? If it's because of it, I would hear u saying it about every Akatsuki member... and I don't.

Is it because he's cool?? I don't think so, being cool can turn him into a interesting and popular character , but never "important to the story".

Could you guys, who say he's important to the story, explain me why do you think of that way?

@manga_freaky
Do you still have doubts about it? Sasuke will probably came up with some new ability developed by his all mighty overpowered Sharingan!!

Ps.: Ichigo rules!!
Ps.2: Richard ROX!

dantheman0000
July 14, 2007, 12:16 PM
I dnt think Deidara was important to the story line but he made and intresting character and kishi gave him enough backround for him to be a part of it........like Sasori. what also suprises me about this arc is how uber strong dei actually was (i say was cos he is defo dead). when he said in the gaara arc that it was harder to not kill him i thought it was banter. but now im thinking diffrent.

ALSO i wonder if sasuke's 'that jutsu' from the get sasuke back arc is the same as his alternate jutsu for dei...............?

what do people think??

gold349
July 14, 2007, 12:24 PM
The next chapter is the end for deidara, like it or not. I think he lasted this long due his large fan base, however if he survives the next chapter a lot of people (including those that are deidara's fan) are going to be pissed. I see tobi taking deidara's ring from his arm and maybe attempting to finish off sasuke. I think that tobi might be stronger than deidara, I have that strong feeling. And we just confirmed that sasuke is not even near to itachi's level.

I thought exactly the same as you and many other's and helled that view that Saske had to go all out aginst Diedara and that he will be no match for Itachi, but after seeing this fight and hearing Deidara go on about how he has trained himself to fight and prove himself to be better than Itachi, I've been thinking that when Diedara came to be scripted in to Akutuksi many years ago and all we seen was that first meeting where Itachi won, but this is many years later who is too say that Itachi will have it his way, as easy as there first meeting, I mean Diedara has had a personal goal and invent teqniques and train himself for Itachi, what if the level Diedara is/was at cause problems for Itach too just like Saske

I belive Saske will kill Deidara as he only needs one out of the two to talk and tell him about Itachi i dont think Saske is that fused about which out of the two it is,but i don't think Saske can fight Tobi the fresh man out of the three and hasn't enough chakra left, the little birds will tell Saigetsu that Saske is in trouble and come to his aid.

C4animax
July 14, 2007, 12:51 PM
Every members of akatsuki are important for the story , i mean if akatsuki didn't exist then they wouldn be chasing the tailed beast, itachi wouldn't be in that group, and if he's not there 's no way he'd chase naruto, naruto wouldn't have any goal neither would sasuke (the time he left was after meeting his brother)...since deidara was the one capturing gaara and the one that faced kakashi and naruto (tried to abduct naruto) so this character is more special than any other in akatsuki.

Sorry if this isn't clear enough i don't have time to make proper sentences :D

ALSO i wonder if sasuke's 'that jutsu' from the get sasuke back arc is the same as his alternate jutsu for dei...............?

what do people think??

In save sasuke arc sasuke was about to "blow" a offencive jutsu, there's two things you can imagine off, sasuke using an offensive move to destroy deidara's mines or sasuke using some king of "ultimate" defensive move to protect himself from being hit by the mines...

I personnally think he has more jutsus than we think he has.

lordHokage
July 14, 2007, 12:51 PM
ALSO i wonder if sasuke's 'that jutsu' from the get sasuke back arc is the same as his alternate jutsu for dei...............? what do people think??

Could be but I don’t think so. Sasuke needs a defensive jutsu, not an offensive jutsu. :s

the little birds will tell Saigetsu that Saske is in trouble and come to his aid.

The little birdies will tell Juugo that Sasuke is in trouble, how interesting. I think Juugo is very busy. Either he’s playing with the little birdies or with someone else. :D

76trombones
July 14, 2007, 01:39 PM
I'm still disappointed that both sides felt that it was necessary to fight to the death. Deidara in particular, because I always thought that, despite all his amusing banter about his art, he was a level-headed fighter and knew his limits, when to quite. Letting such a personal thing like the sharingan lead to him to such drastic measures, such as suicide, disappoints me because it shows he is quite ... hotheaded.

Gaara, the Kazekage, was defeated by an unprepared Deidara early on. Back then, Akatsuki really looked good. They looked damn near invulnerable. They're really losing that feel now. One by one, Akatsuki member after Akatsuki member is dropping to the new, younger generation. I'm a big fan of the Akatsuki, and their seeming drop in power is highly disappointing to me.

I can only hope that the Akatsuki will recruit newer, more powerful allies ... that are just as cool. The series will really go downhill if we don't have sufficient villains to kick good-guy ass. I wish Deidara had won. :(

silvermane
July 14, 2007, 01:48 PM
hehe.... hope kakashi joins them... would be the best part cuz he'd give everyone a run for their money

Double Helix-7
July 14, 2007, 02:07 PM
gold349 made a good point about those little birdies. Except that Juugo has to be incredibly fast, which I doubt -__-; I can't see anyone from the Leaf or Hebi will be quick enough to go in without Tobi noticing and then quick enough to take Sasuke out of that 10 Km radius. Unless that "!" of Tobi was that he noticed another nin coming in.

I can understand why Deidara would do such thing. Like he said he's an artist and how badly would he feel if he somehow escapes and knows that his arts/bombs are failure. How will he look down at that? So he goes for the ultimate level to prove himself (even if that means sacrificing himself). He has to get to the top, to go for his limit. And I must say that his self-destruction is pretty...impressive. Now I can't wait for next week to see the outcome of this masterpiece. Kishi better makes it worth the effort, or it'll just be a disappointment.

Sasuke...Personally, I always thought he's the soft kind of person deep down. Ever since 3 years ago back in the old days with Team 7. It's like encoded into his genes. That's what I truly think about his character. It's not like suddenly he goes evil just because he went with Orochimaru. Why I think Kishi emphasized that fact.

I think this chapter is a little stretched out, and not so much content. Like the others say that it could have been done in way few pages. Some might think it's too short to worth a wait of a week, because really that's what I think too. But really, what can you do? This chapter has an amazing ending and a great cliffhanger for the next coming chapter. Without the suspense it'll be boring.

Now with that said about suspense...Kishi better not just skip the outcome of this and goes all to Naruto's group until weeks later...That'd just be bad -__-

zelllogan
July 14, 2007, 03:18 PM
I still don't understand some things. Deidara had nearly no reactions with the sharingan (and the MS) from Kakashi. And, just because it is sasuke, he become crazy.

Deidara is a complete doton user and he have nothing to counter raiton. Talk about a huge weakness for an akatsuki ... (it's not like it was the first time for an akatsuki but still ...).

Deidara said previously that he was the one who should have killed oro. Sorry, but with that kind of level, he was nothing for orochimaru :s. The reason oro lost to sasuke was because he did not try to kill him but did try to enter his body.

And the last thing I don't really understand: Is it still possible to like sasuke after this chapter ? He was arrogant like never before (telling deidara that he had another choice ... it wasn't really smart to provoke deidara this way).

No one to answer that ?

lordHokage
July 14, 2007, 03:41 PM
Every members of akatsuki are important for the story , i mean if akatsuki didn't exist then they wouldn be chasing the tailed beast, itachi wouldn't be in that group, and if he's not there 's no way he'd chase naruto, naruto wouldn't have any goal neither would sasuke (the time he left was after meeting his brother)...since deidara was the one capturing gaara and the one that faced kakashi and naruto (tried to abduct naruto) so this character is more special than any other in akatsuki.

I completely agree. In order to have a good story, you need ruthless characters. Without them, the story wouldn’t be so interesting. Every good or evil character in Naruto series has a sole purpose towards the growth and development of Uzumaki Naruto long-term goals. :)

ANBU4U
July 14, 2007, 03:57 PM

He didn't have much time too, when Kakashi used MS he had his back to him...then after losing his arm he noted that he was impressed by the nearly unparalleled level of dojutsu he just displayed. After that Naruto was on him like white on rice....then that lead to the self destruction. He did'nt have time to focus on his Sharingan drama.

True. But he was a bit of a specialist wasn't he? He used his Doton in such a unique and versatile way he probably felt no huge need to cover the Raiton angle. Especially considering his prefered delivery method and the odds of meeting a Raiton user on Sasuke or Kakashi's level.

Sometimes I think we overestimate the Sannin.

There's a lot of contradictory statements about their power (particularly Itachi's on Jiariya) but I'd say its safe to assume they're each about as good as a Kage in his prime.....maybe an above average Kage, but a Kage none the less.....S-Ranked if you will (remember Oro ran from the third until he was an old man, and Oro was in his late 20's at the time). Now Akatsuki is an organization of S-Ranked criminals, one of which took out a Kage with relative ease (we now know Diedara fought Garra half assed) so I think its safe to say that Diedara (and any S-ranked nin really) could challenge a Sannin....given a neutral or favorable match-up. Either that, or the Sannin are far above the level of of your average Kage, which given Oro's and Diedara's actions....doesn't seem to be the case.

If fact now that I think about it Im pretty sure Itach said he and Jiraiya cancel out....not that he'd get spanked like a school boy. Kisame was the only one certain of his defeat implying that that the Upper echelon of Akatsuki COULD deal with the Sannin....and (I didn't think this until the last chapter or so) Diedara is arguably the most skilled Akatsuki member we've seen sans Itachi.

And the last thing I don't really understand: Is it still possible to like sasuke after this chapter ? He was arrogant like never before (telling Deidara that he had another choice ... it wasn't really smart to provoke Deidara this way).

Well, Diedara DID ask him what he would have done.

There's a difference between arrogance and confidence.

Arrogance is running around screaming how you'll crush someone under the weight of your beautiful art.

Confidence is not letting that get under your skin.

I still like him anyway.

Black/Light
July 14, 2007, 03:58 PM
No one to answer that ?

I think he could have very well killed Oro.
The A-L wanted him to kill Oro so I can't see him NOT being able to beat a member when the A-L would most likely know everthing up Oro's sleeve and still send him to kill him.

Just look at C4. . . only someone who can see the cloud of bombs would be able to get around that (only BG or SG users. . ).

Oh, and I think that both Dei and Sas where being arrogant.
Dei was making claims about his art all the time and Sas with his "I don't even really want to be bothered with you" kind of cocky tone.

darkangel012
July 14, 2007, 04:20 PM
one thing i know for sure is that sasuke shouldnt survive this blast.

with this self destruction deidara would wipe out all of akatsuki (you know if they met in person and deidara felt like suicide).
hidans immortality and kakuzus 5 hearts would be a total joke, they'd be dead in an instant.
even itachi would die if he couldnt catch deidara fast enough with his mangekyo sharingan.

in terms of destruction this is the probably the strongest jutsu we've seen so far.
seeing sasuke simply walk away from this would be totaly ridiculous~

llamapie
July 14, 2007, 06:12 PM

with this self destruction deidara would wipe out all of akatsuki (you know if they met in person and deidara felt like suicide).
hidans immortality and kakuzus 5 hearts would be a total joke, they'd be dead in an instant.
even itachi would die if he couldnt catch deidara fast enough with his mangekyo sharingan.

in terms of destruction this is the probably the strongest jutsu we've seen so far.
seeing sasuke simply walk away from this would be totaly ridiculous~

Would be more ridiculous if he didn't... Sasuke is a main character no matter how much you like him. Kishi wouldn't kill him in an insignificant fight. Sasuke did something that barely saved him.

zelllogan
July 14, 2007, 06:19 PM
Would be more ridiculous if he didn't... Sasuke is a main character no matter how much you like him. Kishi wouldn't kill him in an insignificant fight. Sasuke did something that barely saved him.

Sasuke did nothing, he was out of chakra and couldn't move. Someone else had to save him from "C5 nuclear bomb".

I hope that the one who saved sasuke was ... itachi :D: "foolish litlle brother ... you still lack power ... you're disappointing".

Kakashi with the MS to save sasuke is too easy to predict but the confrontation between theses two could be interesting. Tobi saving sasuke could be fun: "I don't want any problems with itachi-sempai ... he's too scary".

manga_freaky
July 14, 2007, 11:14 PM
OMG are you guys are actually predicting Kakashi sealing a nuclear blast? :lol: No i refuse to believe that crap. Anyways it gotta be some kind of level up Rashiomo influenced by the cursed seal, i don't know.
Hey WTH why not take over Dei's body with the sharingan's help.
But this fight is just going to end up with Dei die trying, nothing more. Cause the safest and most reasonable way kishi could make sasuke escape is a third genjutsu after the punch. Making dei believe that Sasuke is right in front of him ( you know right after being hit). So the whole sharingan going out is all part of the genjutsu (of course the snakes as well).

taimoor2
July 14, 2007, 11:41 PM

You are seriously underestimating them.

Jiraya has a frog stomach jutsu which he can useto protect from explosions. Other Sannin/Kage level ninjas MUST have such jutsus to protect themselves in case someone tried suicidal attacks. Evil ninjas often meet opponents who are willing to sacrifice their lives to kill them so they must have something to escape such suicidal blasts. May be itachi can also seal the explosion like kakashi. Hidan won't die for sure; he may be burned or hurt but death is unlikely(I mean the dude can't die). Kakuzu can use the five hearts as shield so they wrap around him and die/are annihilated in the process but allow kakuzu to see another day. Sasoori's puppet might be able to protect him. His thousands puppets may wrap around him or shield him, the possibilities are endless.

in terms of destruction this is the probably the strongest jutsu we've seen so far.seeing sasuke simply walk away from this would be totaly ridiculous~

Agreed. But seeing him barely getting out of it will be fine:amuse

juUnior
July 15, 2007, 04:09 AM
Awesome chapter, especially becauseof Deidara, hmm :D

The cover is so simple, that I think it's so superb because of the angle of it. Deidara's hands and so on and on, and tonques, it's just cool cover :D
And the final explosion and how it was activated and all that thing, it's just cool and amazing.
On the other hand, I think Saske will rescue himself from explosion with that "other" thing which he was talking about :D
Goodie chapter xD

Aha, and the last two pages rocks! It's defiently "Art is a bang" of Deidara :D:D
Deidara is so cool, if this the end of his, it's the one which I can say: cool <3 And his lines to Saske were great hyhy :D

Of kors I like idea in that fight (finally!) with the thingi of two opponents left out of chakra, and coudlnt stand :D hiehie

theshizzle
July 15, 2007, 08:49 AM
I do like deidara but he no longer has a point in the Anime so he will no longer be kept

alive.. there are other characters that the fans are dying to know about.

gold349
July 15, 2007, 09:11 AM
I think the ONLY "other jutsu" Saske is talking about is the Ameratsu, in flasbacks(diedara) Itachi escaped not getting blown up using this, there is no other jutsu has the same defensive propertys against an explosion of this size or even smaller ones, fire is a speaciality of the uchiha and i think Saske has had he Ameratsu as a backup from the start,

skepticzar
July 15, 2007, 09:39 AM
Sasuke will definitely survive, but barely. He looks pretty badly beat up though.

I feel sorry for Tobi lol. I don't think he'll die but still..."sorry mate I have to kill this guy but to kill him, I have to kill MYSELF, and in the process, you'll probably die too. here goes!"

I really liked their partnership though...they made me laugh. *wipes away a tear for Deidara* I'm glad he's going out with a bang!

Yeah, I'm wondering where evryone else is too. I guess they're NOT within 10 km of this fight then?

fremeer
July 15, 2007, 10:57 AM
I think the ONLY "other jutsu" Saske is talking about is the Ameratsu, in flasbacks(diedara) Itachi escaped not getting blown up using this, there is no other jutsu has the same defensive propertys against an explosion of this size or even smaller ones, fire is a speaciality of the uchiha and i think Saske has had he Ameratsu as a backup from the start,

cept that amaterasu is not a defensive justsu, it creates black fire. also amaterasu can only be used by MS using people. if sasuke had MS he would have used it in the fight, i think he can summon manda personally.

Dattebayo!
July 15, 2007, 11:25 AM
I think Sasuke's "other option" is indeed a MS, just not gained the way that Itachi's was, I think he will do something similar to what Kakashi did when he protected everyone from Deidara's previous detonation after the rescue of Gaara, but to rescue himself, and tobi in the process (unintentionally)

Or perhaps he can use the Sanjuu Rashoumon (Naruto 295 vs Orochimaru) to protect himself, as Orochimaru did from Naruto's dark energy ball attack.

PurpleHaze
July 15, 2007, 12:45 PM
I personally don't believe that Sasuke has the MS yet, it just doesn't seem like Kishimoto to me. He has been emphasizing gaining power one's own way and developing one's own style. Sasuke will probably get his MS during his fight with Itachi. At first Sasuke will be getting beat badly, so Naruto will have to save him. Then Itachi will probably start beating Naruto and in order to save his friend, Sasuke will finally achieve MS. That's just the way I see it happening, but Kishi probably has something else in mind....

I would agree that Sasuke's other option probably involved the jutsu he was joing to use against Naruto and co. But even if it wasn't an offensive move Sasuke had up his sleeve, any "blocking" defensive technique wouldn't help Sasuke at this point. The explosion covers a 10 km radius and Sasuke is basically at the core of it. Orochimaru's Sanjuu Rashoumon could possibly withstand the explosion, but the explosion would surround it and would still hit Sasuke anyway. We have also already seen the explosion, so it is too late for it to be stopped. I would say Sasuke will have to escape from the explosion, but he probably can't do it himself...

Overall I liked this chapter. There was probably too much talking, but this was the end of Deidara so he deserves to speak his final words. We'll see Naruto's group and possibly Team Hebi next chapter so not seeing anyone else this chapter really doesn't bother me. As for Deidara's suicide, I don't see any other way that he would rather die. As an artist who believes art is what blooms and withers in an instant, there can be nothing more fulfilling than becoming the one of the largest explosions created and being immortalized as the greatest piece of art.

One thing that bothers me... The scanlation that I read only had Deidara saying, "Sorry Tobi..." I interpretted this as Deidara apologizing for having to commit suicide and leave Tobi alone rather than taking Tobi with the explosion. Is there a different translation that makes this point clearer?

Dattebayo!
July 15, 2007, 01:28 PM
One thing that bothers me... The scanlation that I read only had Deidara saying, "Sorry Tobi..." I interpretted this as Deidara apologizing for having to commit suicide and leave Tobi alone rather than taking Tobi with the explosion. Is there a different translation that makes this point clearer?

Agreed, I think he was saying sorry to Tobi, then directing the "and you..will die!" comment at Sasuke.

assalane
July 15, 2007, 01:45 PM
why everybody is saying that there was a second genjustsu ? Deidara himself told that he wasn't on the influence of one. (page 12 of the previous chapter). What was falling under the trees was real. The explosions somehow destroyed the curse but not sasuke.. that's how I see it.

This chapter was kinda dull. I wonder how sasuke will survive. But now we have an explanation why the nin dog couldn't detect the explosion... They are not in the 10 km radius. Or else it will be a headache to explain how every one survives. I was wondering why Sakura's dog would detect a faint smell on Rin but not detect the actual smell if they were this close.

warcore
July 15, 2007, 02:46 PM
What about Sasuke using one of his snakes, again? Like that big one... It would surely protect him from the blast o_o..

patrick_tambu
July 15, 2007, 02:56 PM
I hope Sasuke will use "that" unseen jutsu, is has to be the one he was about to use against team Kakashi some time ago....

khar2
July 15, 2007, 03:34 PM
i think he has at least a few unseen justus, and why are all of you thinking that Sasuke dont have MS ???
it would be fun that sas spawns manda(oros snake), hehehe, manda would ate him alive, hehe at least after healing (bout 100 years, after all, we have nuke explozion) :)

flareofdragon
July 15, 2007, 04:21 PM
a) Sasuke should not be able to escape like Kakashi, just because Kakashi used the technique way before the explosion got out of hand, same with the barrier unless Sasuke called 6 gates to surround himself completely.

b) I am sure that the city is a reference that Kishi does understand Konoha ninjas will notice the fight.

c) Deidara felt like a filler death, just something Kishi used to gauge Sasuke v. Itachi. That was not a good way to go at all, although I understand why he would have Suicide!Deidara.

brainwiz
July 15, 2007, 05:50 PM
Agreed, I think he was saying sorry to Tobi, then directing the "and you..will die!" comment at Sasuke.

No way, he was saying sorry to tobi because Dei is about to blow him up with an explosion that has a blast radius of 10km. Tobi is right around there, he only ran far enough away to escape the C4, which didn't seem very far. Dei wouldn't apologize to tobi for "leaving" him. He is apologizing because he's gonna kill tobi, at least that was fairly clear to me.

gold349
July 15, 2007, 06:09 PM
cept that amaterasu is not a defensive justsu, it creates black fire. also amaterasu can only be used by MS using people. if sasuke had MS he would have used it in the fight, i think he can summon manda personally.

What about Sasuke using one of his snakes, again? Like that big one... It would surely protect him from the blast o_o..

i think he has at least a few unseen justus, and why are all of you thinking that Sasuke dont have MS ???
it would be fun that sas spawns manda(oros snake), hehehe, manda would ate him alive, hehe at least after healing (bout 100 years, after all, we have nuke explozion) :)

you might be right about Amaterasu only people with ms being able to use it,i was just thinking, unless saske shows that hes got a nuclear bunker in his back pocket, which i doubt, then MS might be his trump card, but seeing him start crawling backwards on all fours,then again he might not have MS. all Saske has shown that he has loads of BS this is suppose to be naruto equal and the person who killed oro come on not leaving your self enouph energy to move and no more chakra to fight what a geniuos.great nin he is, he has shown arrogance and cocckyness from the start, i'll just wait to see if he gets his ass burned

Decorus
July 15, 2007, 10:14 PM
I think Sasuke is genuinely out of options, chakra and is about to die unless someone intervenes. Anything else would be a jump the shark moment by Kishimoto.

voidyou17
July 15, 2007, 10:35 PM
I would just like to thank Deidara for making the last couple of chapters of this mini Sasuke arc enjoyable. Thank you also for pointing out and actually saying why many of us despise the remaining Uchihas. I'm glad someone in the manga also couldn't stand them and wasn't in awe of them. My condolences to his family(if he had any) and to Tobi.

On another note I wonder ... if after many explosions and no one noticing if someone will finally see this one

fremeer
July 16, 2007, 01:24 AM
lol i think a whole city of people saw that one

Omi
July 16, 2007, 05:00 AM
I bet the Sasuke that has done most of this fight is a Kage Bunshin.
I don't think he would readily sacrifice his life just to get some info from Deidara. Also, what was his other alternative if the chidori stuff didn't work. I know he could have summoned a huge snake or two but unless his ultimate jutsu thing is a long range one, I'm not sure how he would have done it. I guess its something we will see in the future when he faces a stronger opponent.

Egoboo
July 16, 2007, 05:14 AM
That´s actually an interesting point; that city shown on the last page does not seem to be all that far away from the battlefield...could be a matter of perspective, but in my opinion it is certainly within the 10 km radius of Deidara´s explosion (assuming it´s actually a fairly realistic explosion whose destructive power lies not only within it´s fire, but also the blast and shockwave created by it). On top of that, comparing the city´s size and the explosion´s radius on the last page i assume said explosion is going to expand quite a bit more before stopping (after all, that city could hardly be 10 km*2 large...)
This leaves the question: how big is the chance that this shown city is the same Sakura and Karin are in? And how big is their chance to survive a blast like that?
...lastly, it´s a question of whether or not Kishimoto even considered that.
There is of course also a chance that this city is simply the ghost town where the Uchiha armory is located..but i doubt that Team Hebi would have moved only that far by now...

Inquisitor
July 16, 2007, 09:46 AM
I have a feeling that's how big the explosion is going to get.

It's an anime style vertical/cross explosion. Think of the first Angel from Eva. At least that's the impression I got.

I can't see Sasuke dying here. I mean, logically he should get completely vaporized by the bomb, but from a story perspective Sasuke still has an important role to play.

If he doesn't come out of this missing an arm or an eye or something I will be pissed.

llamapie
July 16, 2007, 10:51 AM
That´s actually an interesting point; that city shown on the last page does not seem to be all that far away from the battlefield...could be a matter of perspective, but in my opinion it is certainly within the 10 km radius of Deidara´s explosion (assuming it´s actually a fairly realistic explosion whose destructive power lies not only within it´s fire, but also the blast and shockwave created by it). On top of that, comparing the city´s size and the explosion´s radius on the last page i assume said explosion is going to expand quite a bit more before stopping (after all, that city could hardly be 10 km*2 large...)
This leaves the question: how big is the chance that this shown city is the same Sakura and Karin are in? And how big is their chance to survive a blast like that?
...lastly, it´s a question of whether or not Kishimoto even considered that.
There is of course also a chance that this city is simply the ghost town where the Uchiha armory is located..but i doubt that Team Hebi would have moved only that far by now...

Yep that city is likely only a max of 3KM Square. And ya what we're seeing is just the ignition. The blast takes up 10+KM according to deidara == which means the shockwave is even larger. I believe this attack in one way or another is gonna hit everyone from Konoha and Hebi. There is seriously no way anyone is fast enough to save Sasuke - so sasuke has something hidden.

Just so you remember. Just go back to ch 355. Sasuke told everyone to search within a 5KM radius. They are doing so. If that is the town sakura is in, you may see she left around the rear of the group assuming the perspective wasn't changed from kishi. Which means everyone else is actually closer to the blast, and its a good chance too. You have to realize how vast 10KM is...

peontas
July 16, 2007, 11:16 AM
The only option is that Tobi will somehow save Sasuke. Maybe he will go very deeep into the earth, who knows?. After that he will reveal himself as Obito to Sasuke... and they will live happily ever after :>

Black/Light
July 16, 2007, 01:35 PM
I think Sasuke is genuinely out of options, chakra and is about to die unless someone intervenes. Anything else would be a jump the shark moment by Kishimoto.

. . .I think most of this fight has been building up to a "jump the shark" moment for me.
"Wtf?!? Sas can fly with snakes for a wing?" "Wtf?!? Sg can see chakra under solid ground?" "Wtf?!? Sas can go CS2 twice. . .back to back?!?".

Thats been my thoughts well reading this fight for the past. . .month (-_-). Now I will officially yell shark jump if Sas pulls some random new super power jutsu out of his a** when he can't even stand up right or keep his SG going. . .

(This next chap will really effect my views on this manga. . . )

poopoomaru
July 16, 2007, 04:05 PM
There honestly can be no alternative, Tobi is going to save Sasuke, this may be on purpose or just in an attempt to save himself but we have seen far too little of tobi for him to disintegrate in a super explosion.

side note: WTF IS WITH DEIDARA'S HANDS MAKING OUT ON THE COVER?!?!?!!?

C4animax
July 16, 2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah either tobi helps sasuke or there was a 4th genjutsu...deidara failed for it :D...OR sasuke has a defensive jutsu...the story will tell!

Side note : Looks obvious what they are doing...:p

I don't know why but a 4th(is it 3?) genjutsu wouldn't surprise me.

AxelCross
July 16, 2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah either tobi helps sasuke or there was a 4th genjutsu...deidara failed for it :D...OR sasuke has a defensive jutsu...the story will tell!

Side note : Looks obvious what they are doing...:p

I don't know why but a 4th(is it 3?) genjutsu wouldn't surprise me.

I would despise that decision by Kishimoto, but it really wouldn't surprise me either. The only good thing I can think of to come out of that is that Sasuke has the same pose as Itachi in Deidara's flashback after Itachi's genjutsu, and says, "You lose". It'd be hilarious because Itachi nearly killed Deidara that moment with his genjutsu. Oh, how I would love that! But it's not enough for me, I'd still cringe at the lack of creativity on Kishimoto's side.

Ew.

Decorus
July 16, 2007, 06:40 PM
Sasuke only used one Genjutsu.... I don't know where people keeping coming up with more and more Genjutsu from. He used exactly one to fake his death from the initial C-4.

akatsuki27
July 16, 2007, 08:15 PM
i guess you guys forgot sasuke said he had one other option to counter deidaras explosions...and so far he only had to use the chidori

obviously sasuke isnt going to die...he will escape this somehow...what kind of bugs me though is some people are actually expecting him to die...let me make this clear....sasuke not dying from deidara's countless attacks is not what should be surprising you, it's how he gets out of it...he will survive, it's just in what way that makes this arc interesting...for example, everyone already knew sharingan eyes can see through nin, gen, and taijustsu...but seeing chakra in a different color is a new twist

deidara is being sacrificed by kishimoto to show us how sasuke has developed in terms of pre-time skip and in terms of how close to itachi he is and because this fight was drawn out and took a lot out of sasuke we know that he isnt as strong as the chapters leading up to this fight have shown him....there was that time when juugo and suigetsu were scared sh*tless just from sasuke's killing intent...people (including myself) thought sasuke was gunna roll through everybody to get to his brother but thats not the case

actually that makes me happy...and this last chapter made me extremely happy...i wont be surprised when sasuke survives this explosion....it's how that will get me

murani-san
July 16, 2007, 10:50 PM
Even if that was a kage bunshin fighting Deidara (unlikely given the power of the punch landed by Sasuke on Deidara) the original would still more than likely be somewhere close by meaning he is inside the blast radius.

QMark
July 16, 2007, 11:04 PM
Its my belief that we are all under Kishimoto's genjutsu. He's probably using Tsukyomi to make this seem like a month has passed but really its only been a second since we first read the beginning of this fight. I'm willing to bet that it was Kishimoto's plan all along to put us under his genjutsu in order to fulfill his true plan: Mass Sasuke Fanboyism.

patrick_tambu
July 16, 2007, 11:05 PM
Even if don't want Sasuke to win against Naruto, there's no way he's gonna die here and now....
Btw, i hope he won't get any serious wound, like losing an arm or get scarfaced anyhow...
If that would be the case, it's my opinion his role in this story would really get an evil path....and i wouldn't like that!!! (Even if it's weird, i still hope Sasuke and Naruto to be nakama again)

tejaswiyvs
July 17, 2007, 03:17 AM
I rly wonder if naruto and sasuke can ever be buddies like usual having ramen in konoha and stuff.. anyway.. wonder what sasuke'll do if he actually manages to kill itachi :\

flareofdragon
July 17, 2007, 12:41 PM
Actually, if Sasuke can see the chakra from microscopic particles, it is logical to see it under the ground. No matter how tightly packed, the chakra could have easily escaped from the ground.

Oh and thats a good point about the 5 km. If there is no shockwave, god damn.

theshizzle
July 17, 2007, 04:37 PM
Tobi was no doubt also caught in the explosion

Decorus
July 17, 2007, 05:38 PM
Tobi also had a sword cut right thru his midsection and he went ow... So I kinda doubt an explosion will kill him/

Coup
July 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
Tobi also had a sword cut right thru his midsection and he went ow... So I kinda doubt an explosion will kill him/

I agree. Plus sasuke still needs info on itachi...

C4animax
July 17, 2007, 06:39 PM
Sasuke only used one Genjutsu.... I don't know where people keeping coming up with more and more Genjutsu from. He used exactly one to fake his death from the initial C-4.

After looking to it, it isnt clear if the snake deasapering is a genjutsu or the reality...since sasuke hit his body, deidara's jutsu shouldn't be effective anymore...it looks more like the snake being affected by karuga than its shell desintegrating...

brainwiz
July 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
After looking to it, it isnt clear if the snake deasapering is a genjutsu or the reality...since sasuke hit his body, deidara's jutsu shouldn't be effective anymore...it looks more like the snake being affected by karuga than its shell desintegrating...

When Dei hit the ground his susceptible eye opened. There's a panel dedicated to it. Check out that chapter again. There were two genjutsus. Both of disintegration from C4. I agree about the chidori nullifying the C4. Definitely 2 different genjutsus IMO.

lordHokage
July 17, 2007, 07:42 PM

I agree. Deidara-senpai final explosion will not have any effect on Tobi. :tobi

I agree. Plus sasuke still needs info on itachi...

Sasuke is in no position to interrogate someone who has nine lives. :p

Decorus
July 17, 2007, 09:18 PM
His other eye may have opened but Sasuke was hit by C-4 and only by smacking himself with Chidori did he survive. He then left CS2 so there are any number of reasons his snake disintigrated like that and Genjutsu is not the most immediate one that comes to mind.

brainwiz
July 17, 2007, 09:36 PM
About the explosion hitting the town, it doesn't seem like that will happen. I guess that explosion on the two page spread could be expanding but i think thats just the end of the blast. as for the shockwave, i think we're going to have to use "suspension of disbelief". I guess we'll see soon enough.

His other eye may have opened but Sasuke was hit by C-4 and only by smacking himself with Chidori did he survive. He then left CS2 so there are any number of reasons his snake disintigrated like that and Genjutsu is not the most immediate one that comes to mind.

really? i disagree for one reason. on page 8, right after dei hits the ground, on the bottom panel on the left you see deidara open his right eye, the one not trained to see through the genjutsu he just prided himself on defeating (with his left eye). i think that kishi did that on purpose, apparently we disagree on that.

AxelCross
July 17, 2007, 11:26 PM
I don't see the problem. I thought that those Sharingan eyes in the background meant that Deidara was coming out of the genjutsu. Clearly, and I think we can all agree on this, it did infer that he was in a genjutsu, coming out of it, whenever Sasuke had turned into his CS2 form and did a Chidori on the clay bunshin. So, why would that symbol not be relevant here? It makes sense, we see the snake being disintigrated, we then see Deidara's, coincidentally, susceptible eye open, then the exact same Sharingan eyes in the background right as he is coming out of the genjutsu.

Makes perfect sense to me. It's not as clear cut because we don't necessarily see Sasuke being disintigrated, but it's inferred due to the snake disappearing, why would only one part of Sasuke's body disappear? I just don't see where the lines don't meet. Either way, I don't think it matters currently in the storyline anymore.

QMark
July 18, 2007, 12:55 AM
I don't see the problem. I thought that those Sharingan eyes in the background meant that Deidara was coming out of the genjutsu. Clearly, and I think we can all agree on this, it did infer that he was in a genjutsu, coming out of it, whenever Sasuke had turned into his CS2 form and did a Chidori on the clay bunshin. So, why would that symbol not be relevant here? It makes sense, we see the snake being disintigrated, we then see Deidara's, coincidentally, susceptible eye open, then the exact same Sharingan eyes in the background right as he is coming out of the genjutsu.

Makes perfect sense to me. It's not as clear cut because we don't necessarily see Sasuke being disintigrated, but it's inferred due to the snake disappearing, why would only one part of Sasuke's body disappear? I just don't see where the lines don't meet. Either way, I don't think it matters currently in the storyline anymore.

Only 1 part would disappear because thats simply not where he ran his chidori through. Why run a chidori through the snakes when they're not actually part of your body.

AxelCross
July 18, 2007, 01:05 AM
Only 1 part would disappear because thats simply not where he ran his chidori through. Why run a chidori through the snakes when they're not actually part of your body.

I could pose a similar question: How could Sasuke not electrocute that one part of his body? We saw him do it whilst inside the C4 bomb, and he clearly didn't have a way to let that one part of his body not be electrocuted, so why now? It would in fact be a good way to think that Deidara killed Sasuke, but how? The snakes themselves can't be immune to it, Sasuke isn't rubber, and I can't think of one honest explanation one could have for him to have that specific part of his body disintegrate and others not.

It seems to me that if one electrocutes one's body, it's all or nothing unless there is a LARGE amount of rubber over a small part of the body. Then you run the risk of not electrocuting at all, making it useless and you die anyway from the disintegration. Who knows, I won't get into too big of a debate, it doesn't matter to the storyline at hand.

QMark
July 18, 2007, 01:43 AM
I could pose a similar question: How could Sasuke not electrocute that one part of his body? We saw him do it whilst inside the C4 bomb, and he clearly didn't have a way to let that one part of his body not be electrocuted, so why now? It would in fact be a good way to think that Deidara killed Sasuke, but how? The snakes themselves can't be immune to it, Sasuke isn't rubber, and I can't think of one honest explanation one could have for him to have that specific part of his body disintegrate and others not.

It seems to me that if one electrocutes one's body, it's all or nothing unless there is a LARGE amount of rubber over a small part of the body. Then you run the risk of not electrocuting at all, making it useless and you die anyway from the disintegration. Who knows, I won't get into too big of a debate, it doesn't matter to the storyline at hand.

I think your thinking he used Chidori Nagashi. That wouldn't have done anything since its apparent that it only affects the outer environment surrounding Sasuke's body. (reference Deidara's clay snakes) He actually ran the chidori with his hand all over his body. This is how Kishimoto drew it, as it is so.

theshizzle
July 18, 2007, 08:07 AM
I wonder if we will ever find out about the history of Deidara childhood..and the story behind the mouths

hitokugutsu
July 18, 2007, 10:10 AM
Sasuke didnt use genjutsu on Deidara. Deidara only opens his right eye to see the snakes crumble (and even if Sasuke used genjutsu trough eye contact than it should have been before he fell down and thats impossible since Dei had his left eye open)
The reason why we see the snakes crumble is because they are living beings and have been exposed to the C4. Sasukes Chidori wich he used on himself only defused the bombs in his OWN body, not the snakes. The snakes are part of a jutsu and originally not part of his body

C4animax
July 18, 2007, 05:08 PM
That's why i said it's not clear enough...i personnally think it's genjutsu, but wouldn"t be surprised if it was not...i think the anime will show it better.

But i don't agree with you, when transphormed the wings or anything that comes out of his body are part of him; why would he suffer from his first transphormation if that wasn't the case? So to me everything went through chidori.

brainwiz
July 18, 2007, 07:12 PM
That's why i said it's not clear enough...i personnally think it's genjutsu, but wouldn"t be surprised if it was not...i think the anime will show it better.

But i don't agree with you, when transphormed the wings or anything that comes out of his body are part of him; why would he suffer from his first transphormation if that wasn't the case? So to me everything went through chidori.

I totally agree. Quite frankly I'm not sure why anybody thinks its not genjutsu...I mean kishi deliberately made a panel devoted to Dei opening his susceptible eye, and then another panel that showed the Sharingan in the background of Dei, just like when he was under a genjutsu the last time. And why would the snakes fall off of his body. We've seen him transform before and use snakes that are seemingly part of his body. Whatever, this really isn't worth arguing about I guess, especially not in this chapter's discussion thread.

Toad Sage
July 18, 2007, 10:33 PM
I don't think it's at all obvious that Deidara exploding would be the effect of the sharingan. This fight is shaping up in terms of pace to be exactly like the Shikamaru and Naruto Akatsuki kills. Hence, it's natural to expect this to be Deidara's last stand, especially since as of right now there is an image in print of him blowing himself up. The only way for a sharingan scenario to pan out is if we're told that in the next chapter, but as of right now, the evidence overwhelmingly favors the statement Deidara is finished.

Elldar
July 19, 2007, 04:49 AM
does it really matter if he is under a genjutsu or not since Sasuke surely isn't using the MS, he won't be able to stop that explosion no matter what. This is explosion is just too big to be outmanouvered by a somewhat simple genjutsu as the ones Sasuke used earlier, in the fight.
The only eyes he need is MS to counter this attack (which he can't use, due to lack of chakra imo).
Unless he has a great defensive jutsu up his sleeve; he is screwed.

theshizzle
July 19, 2007, 05:35 AM
That would be kind of messed up if the whole thing was a genjutsu..

ArashiKazamaThe4th
July 20, 2007, 02:52 AM
Deidara is really freaky with that mouth on his body o.O but i think sasuke will escape from the self distruct explosion kakashi naruto hinata and yamato will made it in time and they will kill deidara for he explodes or sasuke runs away with high speed
[hr]
test test

C4animax
July 20, 2007, 08:29 AM
does it really matter if he is under a genjutsu or not since Sasuke surely isn't using the MS, he won't be able to stop that explosion no matter what. This is explosion is just too big to be outmanouvered by a somewhat simple genjutsu as the ones Sasuke used earlier, in the fight.
The only eyes he need is MS to counter this attack (which he can't use, due to lack of chakra imo).
Unless he has a great defensive jutsu up his sleeve; he is screwed.

In fact it does, and i'm not talking about teleporting deidara's bomb to another dimension like kakashi did, just making deidara believe he's eploding himself while he isnt, you might think it would have nothing to do with the story but the facts are that naruto is looking for sasuke (well konoha's ninja are looking for itachi and sasuke) and they obviously cannot meet here just like that, if it's a genjutsu then the explosion will not alert anyone and sasuke will get his information out of deidara/tobi that way and the meeting between naruto and sasuke (and maybe itachi) will be delayed.

Well the picture suggest that deidara comitted suicide alerting everyone, but another genjutsu wouldn't be useless!

Elldar
July 20, 2007, 02:43 PM
In fact it does, and i'm not talking about teleporting deidara's bomb to another dimension like kakashi did, just making deidara believe he's eploding himself while he isnt, you might think it would have nothing to do with the story but the facts are that naruto is looking for sasuke (well konoha's ninja are looking for itachi and sasuke) and they obviously cannot meet here just like that, if it's a genjutsu then the explosion will not alert anyone and sasuke will get his information out of deidara/tobi that way and the meeting between naruto and sasuke (and maybe itachi) will be delayed.

Well the picture suggest that deidara comitted suicide alerting everyone, but another genjutsu wouldn't be useless!

No, since Sasuke can't had seen through that justu before Deidara ever shown it to Sasuke, and I am sure he hasn't. There is now way Sasuke could even tell Deidara had a mouth there, his eyes can't seen throuhg clothes (byuakugan might had seen it(sp?)
So you might Sasuke say that Sasuke made up that justu, well, not even possible since Deidara is a s-rank criminal he would had noticed when he was doing a jutsu he don't know.

Nara Twig
July 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
Ya know guys, a thought just struck me. It's about Sasuke's snake possibly being a genjutsu in 361. Well, Sasuke had disappeared into the trees with Deidara's left eye still open didn't they? The victim has to be looking at the genjutsu user to be trapped in their jutsu don't they? Sasuke had fallen into the threes and out of Deidara's sight with Deidara still defending against genjutsu. It's quite possible that Sasuke squeezed out a snake in the cloud of C4 to allow it to be destroyed, as a distraction while Sasuke hid and waited for Deidara to let his guard down anfter thinking he'd won. Quite plausable.

Also in that last page of 262, some of the buildings in that town are around 15 stories tall. The explosion is also still drawn as still ripping up the ground at it's preimiter. I'd say it's still expanding. Either that city is the one with Sakura and Karin or where Sasuke obtained the weapons from the cat nins, which I think is more likely as the town Sakura was in looked more rural and lacked any tall buildings obscuring the sky in the background. I'd say Sakura's safe, but the kitties aren't