PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Bleach 283 Discussion

sahugani
July 06, 2007, 04:45 PM
The RAW for the new chapter 282 is out and can be found in the RTS HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=454492#post454492).

The fight doesn't look like it will be stopping any time soon, so make your predictions here as to what will happen next week.

Impel Down
July 06, 2007, 09:34 PM
All I can think of next is Grimmjow revealing something about his new powers that actually gives him an advantage, I mean, all he's done as of late with his release is just throw...needles, it looks like.

hasoon87
July 06, 2007, 10:24 PM
Both ichigo are GJ are gonna pull of something new and hopefully very destructive, something so big it'll let hallibel blink and hopefully flinch, just a little. (seriously whats the deal with this chick she just stood there motionless throughout the hole chapter). Hopefully as we have all been hoping, no interuptions. However I do think that after this fight has ended the cavalry will be arriving. I think in the backgroun Ishida and Renji arent waiting for Zeoupoulo (mind the spelling) and have gotten there asses to chad and rukia, assuming they're still around. It'll be like, "OI ICHIGO FINISH UP WE NEED TO GET OUTTA HERE!" but some one is gonna be with them, our mystery "huge reitsu" to save the day. then noitora and hallibel get involved, and all the other espada, and IChigo takes them all down with one GT.....hahahahaha....ok, now i'm just talking nonsense :P .

Impel Down
July 06, 2007, 10:28 PM
Halibel won't flinch! Grimmjow is at least three Espada below her! And I agree with you mostly with the Red&White thing, but I imagine Szayel will stop them before they rescue them, and they have a formal fight.

Fortisdiablos
July 07, 2007, 12:23 AM
I really, really, really, don't want to see another fight with Zael...

Ugh...

I do think the chapter will switch to something else, though. We've been given a huge dose of badassery, so I'm sure we're gonna a get an update on the conditions of our two nearly dead comrades, and possibly Ishida and Renji (hopefully not fighting Zaelapollo).

zerokule
July 07, 2007, 12:44 AM
Shirosaki shows that he has taken over and defeats GJ, Inoue cries and Ichigo gets control again and the mask blows up.

notBowen
July 07, 2007, 02:15 AM
I don't think you could say Shirosaki is completely in control given the look in Ichigo's eyes at on the final page of 282. In fact, I'd say given that, Ichigo's resurgence in the thrill of the fight might be fulled enough for him to even lose.

Vegetoacs
July 07, 2007, 02:15 AM
I dont think shirosaki has taken over. Perhaps ichigo has simply realised if he wants to use hollow powers to defeat his enemies, he has to want to use them, and on what a normal hollow's terms would be. Hollows are predatory spirits by nature. He's finally taken on doldorini's advice and become a demon. But kubo has shown us that it's still definitly ichigo by the way he blocked grimmjaw's spike attack from hitting orihime after dodging it initially. Shirosaki wouldnt make such a selfless move. They also keep zeroing in on these long orihime-ichigo eye locks. Kubo setting anything up there? ;P Maybe it's just ichigo trying to keep his sanity. Specially how they zero in on his eyes.

(On the note of confirmations, just reminding impel that there is no proof currently that halibel is in the top 3, only speculation, albeit strong speculation. She could still be 7 for all we know ;P.......anyone else wanna see her....hem....number? XD)

While i cant see halibel doing anything here, it's a bit hard to predict at this stage. At least it's confirmed that ichigo's time limit has increased a fair bit. I agree with the general concensus it seems. We'll see a new attack from both parties, and i'm kinda with silhoute in hoping for a cero from ichigo now :D

On the whole, it was a pretty awesome chapter. further proof that what tite doesnt give us in plot, he makes up for with general awesomeness when it comes to this kind of chapter :D

Pollux
July 07, 2007, 08:16 AM
I still think that Shirosaki is "the horse" because of the "I'm sorry" look he gives to Inoue on the last page.
I have the feeling that GJ will losing the battle, based on the way Ichigo fights (grabbing GJ's hand with his own instead of attacking him) as well as the way he talks : he doesn't seem to be taking the fight seriously and yet he is doing pretty well.
So I think Ichigo will defeat GJ and he will ask Inoue to leave with him but she will refuse as she is scared of what he has become and says that she has something to do (with the Hougyokou).
Halibel will not interfere as she did not receive any order (since she seems to be very loyal to Aizen, she won't take any action without knowing how he would react) and will only report what she saw to him.

drakend
July 07, 2007, 09:37 AM
Shirosaki shows that he has taken over and defeats GJ, Inoue cries and Ichigo gets control again and the mask blows up.
Again with this Shirosaki taking over?
http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=455245&postcount=40

Dude there has been two-three chapters about Ichigo's internal fight against his hollow about who should dominate who. Ichigo won: Ichigo is the king and Shirosaki the horse, that has been decided and told again in the chapter entitled "No shaking throne".
Having another taking over would be repetitive and boring, not to mention the masking blowing up: the time limit is gone and now you want to re-introduce it?!? :rolleyes:
Ichigo and Shirosaki are merging: live with it.

mokney
July 07, 2007, 09:59 AM
Shirosaki won't take over because they will go through the same process over and its not good for sales.

Most likely GJ will use a new technique against ichigo only to have ichigo
a) Take damage and make some notion to a new move to kill him
b) possibly reveal what he "might" of gone through to be able to completely control himself
c) laughs it off and 284 is Ichigo using a new technique that pretty much annihilates GJ

A thought i had was that ichigo after fighting feels ashamed and trys to hide it. Rather than the time he went to the vizard, more less going on trying to justify it.

When you think about it, the way Halibel talks about GJ is that hes a lower rank than her yet a great example for her fraccion, which 'might' mean she wants her fraccions to be strong.

Hopefully they dont can the new ichigo and put the excuse "shirosaki took over" because its important to give him a unique characteristic different from other characters. Similar to Zaraki true but just that he doesnt understand why he enjoys it.

Just a theory:amuse

dreamzsai
July 07, 2007, 10:11 AM
Quoting myself from the Discussion thread....

Somehow the only one thing attracted my attention in this chapter...
It's weird why Ichigo seem to be looking so sad when he looks at Orihime...It seems to get me to think that something negative/bad that isnt revealed to us is going on....maybe it isnt just a plain powerup of extended time for his Mask to be kept on BUT instead Ichigo needs to give up some things to keep it up...i dunno...
Looking forward to how things will go in the next few chapters....How will Halibel and her fraccions play a part in the fight? and will Ulquiora break free soon....

I predict that Ichigo's powerup isnt just a plain powerup, but rather one that requires some sacriface....and i think it might be something like the "Shirosaki Took Over" theory...
Maybe the next chapter will be a "Flashback" chapter, telling us more and more indepth into what actually happened to Ichigo...what caused his Powerup and stuff like that....

Caspis Sinclair
July 07, 2007, 10:22 AM
Rather than Shirosaki taking over... maybe it's more a matter of him and Ichigo finally reaching a level of understanding with each other.

Ichigo seems to have accepted the truth that he really does enjoy fighting, and Shirosaki (since he's essentially a part of Ichigo's personality) might understand Ichigo's desire to protect the people that he cares about.

Anyway... either Ichigo keeps getting stronger and stronger the longer he keeps his mask on, or Grimmjow's released form isn't as powerful as we thought it would be. If Grimmjow doesn't step up his game soon I think Ichigo really will defeat him.

(I'm guessing that Halibel's mask is pretty gruesome, and thats why she always keeps her face covered....)

mokney
July 07, 2007, 10:40 AM
If im not mistaken, ichigo can only use his hollow form when he relies on instinct right? So what if ichigo right now is just fighting on pure instinct? The whole shirosaki theory is just far too boring and repetitive. Theres no point having him come back again when hes barely demonstrated anything new with his hollow form. He hasn't shown any new attacks so it would be pointless.

I don't know if its been said but it also could be possible that shirosaki actually feels what ichigo feels in terms of emotion but doesn't like it so he tries to take over to avoid feeling that way, sorta like Zangetsu hates rain. Guess the next chapter will show us a bit more in depth into ichigo.

drakend
July 07, 2007, 11:13 AM
If im not mistaken, ichigo can only use his hollow form when he relies on instinct right? So what if ichigo right now is just fighting on pure instinct? The whole shirosaki theory is just far too boring and repetitive. Theres no point having him come back again when hes barely demonstrated anything new with his hollow form. He hasn't shown any new attacks so it would be pointless.
We already see Shirosaki: it's in this chapter merged with Ichigo!
Anyway a cero wouldn't be bad to see from Ichigo's part... getsuga tenshou is becoming boring and repetitive.

I don't know if its been said but it also could be possible that shirosaki actually feels what ichigo feels in terms of emotion but doesn't like it so he tries to take over to avoid feeling that way, sorta like Zangetsu hates rain. Guess the next chapter will show us a bit more in depth into ichigo.
It's obvious that Shirosaki feels what Ichigo feels as Shirosaki is Ichigo AND Ichigo is Shirosaki. :P

Impel Down
July 07, 2007, 11:24 AM
Well, it seems like Getsuga Tenshou is stronger than cero, so he's probably good with that. Besides, Grimmjow's made cero boring and repetative too.

And Shirosaki just feels that Ichigo is the king, and he'll give his power to him, as long as he's strong and recognizes his instincts.

yanniv
July 07, 2007, 08:28 PM
I believe this chapter is going to be the "make or break" chapter. It will set the tone for the rest of the fight as well probably the rest of this arc. Ichigo is on an even level with Grimmjow right now and everything appears to go back and forth. So I take it something important in their fight will happen. Maybe some type of unused move by Ichigo or something crazy and suicidal from Grimmjow. Whatever it is, it will be exciting just like this whole duel has been so far.

Impel Down
July 07, 2007, 09:27 PM
Something relevent has to happen fight-wise next chapter, unless they just move to another fight or character. I'm guessing it'll be some kind of improvement on Grimmjow's side, since Ichigo has
a) gone pretty much all the way and
b) Grimmjow is currently being beaten like a bitch

mokney
July 08, 2007, 12:06 AM
I still reckon ichigo has alot more power than hes letting out.

I reckon the next chapter is actually him getting stronger the more fun he has, to the point where he goes beserk. Would love to see him kill GJ then attack halibel feeling unsatisfied with his fight only to have Ulquiorra stop him.

Impel Down
July 08, 2007, 08:20 AM
I predict the exact opposite: Grimmjow's anger will let him raise his reiatsu, showing some ability his release has that will give him an advantage, and Halibel will leave, bored...and then the rest of the chapter is just Matsumoto's cleavage.

Zegna
July 08, 2007, 11:18 AM
I think Ichigo will lose controle after this fight. It seems to me that this is the only logical way left. There is no way to explain his ability to hold his mask for so long but the very fact that he is slowly giving up to his inner Hollow. Oh Unless he's an undercover Super Sayajin who get stronger after near death expiriences of course ;)

theshizzle
July 08, 2007, 11:54 AM
i love the way that mask looks
hes so fast
tho i think grimms gonna die
:/

i honestly think grim is going to turn good, like Renji and others for ss. i mean if all the arrancar die then what the series is over for them? even one bounto is still alive..

Nognir
July 08, 2007, 12:10 PM
GJ will get pissed off because he has lost the upper hand in this fight and go reckless. Ichigo will remain as is and shave him with and uber-GT

offtopic: Bounto were fillers and imho close to impossible to be seen again in anime

theshizzle
July 08, 2007, 12:13 PM
GJ will get pissed off because he has lost the upper hand in this fight and go reckless. Ichigo will remain as is and shave him with and uber-GT

offtopic: Bounto were fillers and imho close to impossible to be seen again in anime

True we may not see that one Bounto again but why would Tite Kubo keep one alive?

llamapie
July 08, 2007, 05:45 PM
i honestly think grim is going to turn good, like Renji and others for ss. i mean if all the arrancar die then what the series is over for them? even one bounto is still alive..

Holy crap this is not anime discussion. The Bounty Paper Towels were not Kubo's idea. They were a retarded idea thought up by execs to push out filler episodes. IMO much better than the Naruto fillers -- has nothing to do with the Actual BLEACH story line.

Well nothing advanced last chapter... or the last 3 for that matter. Only thing I see happening is ichigo losing control at some point.

QMark
July 08, 2007, 08:43 PM
A bit hard to predict for me where this will go from here. I think I'll just stick with my last predictions in saying that Ichigo's hollow form is progressing even more. Though thats an obvious prediction as it seems the time limit is alot longer now, I mean in the sense of its evolution all together.

I think it would be best to sit out least 3-4 chapters of bleach before returning to the storyline for me. Its just moving too slow right now to even be keeping an eye on it, imo.

Vizard5
July 09, 2007, 01:33 PM
i think we'll get en explanation about why the time limit is gone.. we'll see ichigo asking shirosaki for help, but shirosaki will demand being king after inoue is safe in the real world..
or something like that, that is why ichigo were so confident yet kinda sad.. and he obviously knew the limit were gone, if not he woulden't waste time talking to inoue..

drakend
July 10, 2007, 03:07 AM
I think Ichigo will lose controle after this fight. It seems to me that this is the only logical way left. There is no way to explain his ability to hold his mask for so long but the very fact that he is slowly giving up to his inner Hollow. Oh Unless he's an undercover Super Sayajin who get stronger after near death expiriences of course ;)
If that's so what's the point in the training with the Vaizards? What's the point of three chapters of inner talks and fights? What's the point in the chapter named "No shaking throne"? The battle for the dominance of Ichigo's world is ended with the victory of Ichigo: Ichigo is the king and Shirosaki the horse.
Regarding Ichigo's ability in having the hollow mask for more than 11 seconds the explanation is quite simple: Ichigo is starting to like fighting even without having to protect anything, in fact he says to Grimmjaw he won't turn back in a punpkin cinderella and so he won't go anywhere in order for them to fight as much as they like. Ichigo is relying more on his instinct, which is the big difference Shirosaki said there was between them.
Bleach has some seinen glimpses and this is one of them: it's not obvious to understand, the reader has to use the mind a bit.
That's too much to ask from 10 years old kids: to them the important thing is to see Ichigo kicking ass with the cool mask so it isn't a problem.

83nn0
July 10, 2007, 12:15 PM
I dont think they get to finish the fight and will in one ore two chapters be stoped by Ulquiorra. If this will make them fight together to try to stop Ulquiorra, and begin the GJ Ichigo friendship thing I dont know!? And I'd like to see what sort of punischment GJ will resive for attacking a fellow espada.

daniel1983
July 10, 2007, 01:15 PM
Grimmjow is screwed no matter what. If he 'goes to the good side', Aizen will have the other Espada hunt him down. If he loses to Ichigo, well...he will die. If he defeats Ichigo, he will have to face the wrath of Uliq or Aizen.

....pretty much no options for his character now. Ichigo will kill him.....but not this chapter. In this chapter, we have to see more fighting displaying Grimmjow's 'special power' and getting more bloodthirst by Ichigo...(and maybe TK will touch on some of the forgotten side plots.....how are Chad and Rukia doing I wonder?)

drakend
July 10, 2007, 01:25 PM
(and maybe TK will touch on some of the forgotten side plots.....how are Chad and Rukia doing I wonder?)
Do you believe me if I say I couldn't care less about them? :D
No let's be good kids: half-page each one is more than enough! :D

daniel1983
July 10, 2007, 02:39 PM
No let's be good kids: half-page each one is more than enough! :D
....wasn't asking for anything more than that....ha ha... would be cool to see one panel....with an esprada dragging both bodies away by their feet ;)

Void
July 10, 2007, 02:41 PM
It's true that Ichigo won dominance over Shirosaki, but remember what Shirosaki said: as soon as you let your guard down for even an instant, I will crush your skull. Maybe while he was impaled by Ulquiorra, some new Shirosaki conflict took place that we don't know about. I'd like for once for there NOT to be some conflict and for it to be just Ichigo's trust in his own instincts. If this is the case, then what's stopping him from beating Ulquiorra or even Aizen now? (maybe he could, but I doubt it at this stage.) I think he will totally dominate GJ, even when GJ pulls out some super desperation move--maybe we'll even see Ichigo demonstrate some hollow regeneration?--and then Ulquiorra or Halibel or Noitora or whoever shows up, fells Ichigo with one hit, leaves him to die but then he's revived by Nell after Orihime is taken away.

I'm not interested at all in what's happening with Chad and Rukia so far, and only mildly with Abarai and Ishida. It would be cool if they all got taken prisoner, raising the stakes for the winter war--although I doubt it, since they are "main characters".

Since this rescue operation is pretty much a failure, it'd be nice to just move on, although I'm loving Ichigo's lust for battle. I mean, how long ago did Kenpachi tell him to just get on with it?

drakend
July 10, 2007, 03:36 PM
It's true that Ichigo won dominance over Shirosaki, but remember what Shirosaki said: as soon as you let your guard down for even an instant, I will crush your skull.

Yes of course I remember what Shirosaki said: what do you except from him? :D
Anyway there is a whole chapter dedicated to that: "No shaking throne", depicting Ichigo's will in not allowing that to happen. I think the "internal battle arc" is over: another inner battle would be repetitive... we've had enough of it. I want to see Ichigo full power in battle, not a pumpkin cinderella always afraid of using it on the verge of being assimilated by his inner borg!!!! :D

Maybe while he was impaled by Ulquiorra, some new Shirosaki conflict took place that we don't know about. I'd like for once for there NOT to be some conflict and for it to be just Ichigo's trust in his own instincts.

That's a good scenario, too bad tons of fanboys will be unpleased because they want to see Shirosaki taking control just because "it's cool". As if the "evolved Ichigo" wasn't cool enough! :roll:

If this is the case, then what's stopping him from beating Ulquiorra or even Aizen now? (maybe he could, but I doubt it at this stage.)

Wow: let's end Bleach next chapter! :D

I think he will totally dominate GJ, even when GJ pulls out some super desperation move--maybe we'll even see Ichigo demonstrate some hollow regeneration?--and then Ulquiorra or Halibel or Noitora or whoever shows up, fells Ichigo with one hit, leaves him to die but then he's revived by Nell after Orihime is taken away.

AGAIN with the "Ichigo stabbed in the heart gets another power-up" thing? No please!!! :(

I'm not interested at all in what's happening with Chad and Rukia so far, and only mildly with Abarai and Ishida. It would be cool if they all got taken prisoner, raising the stakes for the winter war--although I doubt it, since they are "main characters".

I think three panels are enough for them: I hope Kubo won't waste space to this awesome fight for the others. We know already how it's going to be: Ichigo will have to do all the work, while the others are useless as usual, except for Ishida a bit. (Rukia killing Aaroniro is plain plot-kai).

Since this rescue operation is pretty much a failure, it'd be nice to just move on, although I'm loving Ichigo's lust for battle. I mean, how long ago did Kenpachi tell him to just get on with it?
Regarding this rescue thing: I had enough of Orihime going "Kuro..... Sa.... Ki... Kun...." and repeating it n times. We already know Ichigo is there, don't repeat yourself please and don't waste precious chapter space with your crap! :D

ShinobiWrath
July 10, 2007, 04:04 PM
I really like the Character orihime but she's a freakin' waste of space. I was hoping when Ichigo and GJ fought for the third time they'd fight on Equal grounds, no inturruptions and no nuisances. Albeit this fight is exiciting it would be 10x better without the Godess and her pet.

Void
July 10, 2007, 08:17 PM
Yes of course I remember what Shirosaki said: what do you except from him? :D
Anyway there is a whole chapter dedicated to that: "No shaking throne", depicting Ichigo's will in not allowing that to happen. I think the "internal battle arc" is over: another inner battle would be repetitive... we've had enough of it. I want to see Ichigo full power in battle, not a pumpkin cinderella always afraid of using it on the verge of being assimilated by his inner borg!!!! :D

I hope Ichigo's will is strong enough to keep it subdued; until this chapter I wasn't so sure : )

I don't think, like you said, he's been afraid of being taken over for a long time; now it's just his being reluctant. I could be wrong, but is this really the first time we've seen Ichigo really display his love of fighting so clearly?

Shirosaki or not though, I'm looking forward to his description of why the mask is staying on longer--and I hope it's just instincts/fun like he said at last--it looks like it.

That's a good scenario, too bad tons of fanboys will be unpleased because they want to see Shirosaki taking control just because "it's cool". As if the "evolved Ichigo" wasn't cool enough! :roll:

Yeah, I guess this is a general concern about Bleach or any manga like it: how do we stay in awe of how much potential he has while not feeling the power-ups are repetitive? I'm more or less happy Shirosaki has been put to rest (for now anyway), but it'd be nice to see Ichigo realize how much more training he'll need to take on the stronger Espada and develop what he already has--I wonder what Shinji and Hiyori would think of him now!

Just like with Abarai, Kenpachi, Kuchiki before, Ichigo is now evenly matched (probably stronger) with Grimmjow, so that means Grimmjow's going to lose. In the past we've seen lag times between big fights for Ichigo, so he's either going to have a near-fatal wound that gets healed or is forced to retreat by someone.

What I'm most interested in: Will Kubo finally show someone important die (GJ)? There's nowhere else for him to run, so he either 1) dies, 2) joins Ichigo (unlikely it seems), or 3) is taken back to Aizen for a severe punishment (seems most likely given Kubo's past of no killing of big characters). Even if he beats Ichigo, option #3 is still most likely.

Wow: let's end Bleach next chapter! :D

With a Super Saiyajin Hollow Genki Dama...

AGAIN with the "Ichigo stabbed in the heart gets another power-up" thing? No please!!! :(

It seems if Kubo is going to evolve Ichigo's strength any more, it's going to be with the Vaizards. Also, I can't wait to see what Urahara thinks of this change in him...

I think three panels are enough for them: I hope Kubo won't waste space to this awesome fight for the others. We know already how it's going to be: Ichigo will have to do all the work, while the others are useless as usual, except for Ishida a bit. (Rukia killing Aaroniro is plain plot-kai).

Yeah, I know Rukia's got "seniority status", but this needs to be the end of her involvement in this operation unless she gets some more power. I can just imagine the little squeal of "bankai! sode no shirayuki supa saiyan 5!!"

Regarding this rescue thing: I had enough of Orihime going "Kuro..... Sa.... Ki... Kun...." and repeating it n times. We already know Ichigo is there, don't repeat yourself please and don't waste precious chapter space with your crap! :D

I think it makes sense that Orihime would be freaked out by Ichigo's hollow mask at first sight, but she really needs to leave the guy alone while he fights. Hopefully the end of the last chapter was all the proof she needed. She and Nell need to get going to heal the rest of the fallen comrades--Nell has shown some pretty scary power herself in the past and looks like she could defend herself against non-Espadas...

Baby Blue
July 10, 2007, 11:14 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, it's been a while since I have read the older chapters of Bleach, but are the Arrancar aware of the Vizard? I mean, I have been noticing some of them quoting how Ichigo is similar to them...I just thought they would have all ready known what was going on with him...

Anyway, I think that Ichigo's fight is probably going to hold out for a couple more chapters with lots a fighting and such.

Void
July 11, 2007, 12:53 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, it's been a while since I have read the older chapters of Bleach, but are the Arrancar aware of the Vizard? I mean, I have been noticing some of them quoting how Ichigo is similar to them...I just thought they would have all ready known what was going on with him...

Anyway, I think that Ichigo's fight is probably going to hold out for a couple more chapters with lots a fighting and such.

I don't think they do. Halibel's wonder at Ichigo at the beginning of the chapter seems to confirm that. Also when Ichigo first met Yami and Ulquiorra, Ulquiorra was perplexed as to how his energy could fluctuate rapidly--even higher than his for tiny bursts. Both GJ and Ulquiorra were wondering at various times what the deal was with his mask, and GJ was shocked by Shinji's power too when he saved Ichigo.

The Vaizard know about Aizen, though (at least, Shinji does)...it'll be interesting when/if they clash with the Espada.

brebaz
July 11, 2007, 12:59 AM
here is my prediction

Ichigo is Blowing Reiatsu way beyond GJ and then Gj freaks out then Ichigo Throwing a new Attack that Owns GJ the we will have UL coming out
End Of This Week Chapter

hasoon87
July 11, 2007, 01:07 AM
Also, I can't wait to see what Urahara thinks of this change in him...

urahara has been presented as such a mysterious and shady character, and it seems that more often than not he knows whats going on with everyone (especially ichigo). Its been discussed previously that maybe its urahara approach to give ichigo his shinigami powers (refer to really old chapters) that made him a vaizard. He definetly knew about ichigo's potential and i think he'll definetly be impressed to see where ichigo is now! On another note, wouldnt it be completely AWESOME if urahara turns out to be a vaizard! I think its definetly a possibility!

dreamzsai
July 11, 2007, 03:18 AM
There is really no doubt with Grimjaw losing here, at least for me that is....the colored page with all those arrancars defeated by Ichigo in the background gave it all away for me....
And also with Ichigo getting this much of a powerup, if he still doesnt win, i dunno how the story can actually continue.
Anyway i dont think Ulquiora will actually be coming out soon if what Grimjaw said earlier is accurate.

I think they would probably explain the powerup with a flashback to what happened during Ichigo near death experience earlier, or perhaps Halibel or crew will interfere somehow....

However, i've just got something that popped up in my head....

Noitora finally reaches the "Huge Reiatsu" that he was searching for....It's Ichigo!....but he found that he is late! as Grimjaw is already involved!!
Noitora gets excited and decides to ignore their 1v1 and is about to rush in, BUT is intercepted by Halibel...
Halibel asks him not to be in the way of her watching this nice "show", Noitora gets pissed off and attacks Halibel....

:p

kazamakj
July 11, 2007, 04:50 AM
Lol next there will be a explaination on how Ichigo lasts with the mask on.

I hope its not a simple one like because I now enjoy wearing it and fighting grimmjaw is a pleasure kind of explaination.

Void
July 11, 2007, 02:25 PM
There is really no doubt with Grimjaw losing here, at least for me that is....the colored page with all those arrancars defeated by Ichigo in the background gave it all away for me....

Halibel asks him not to be in the way of her watching this nice "show", Noitora gets pissed off and attacks Halibel....

:p

I could definitely see a Halibel vs. Noitora due to the words they exchanged after they were briefly introduced. I think we definitely need to see more Espada tension. I also can't wait to see what Aizen thinks of GJ's recent action. (I'm sure he predicted it or some such.)

I agree about GJ's losing this--I mean, it's obvious that eventually the bad guy has to lose, but I can't help but think he's going to join forces with Ichigo very reluctantly...he's really setting himself up to be the "Vegeta" of this series, and he's been around too long I think for him to just be dropped after this fight.

Impel Down
July 11, 2007, 07:49 PM
If Noitora wants to be Primero, he won't get himself kicked out by fighting other Espada, even if they are below him. <- extreme speculation

And I just can't see him joining, but he will lose, definitly.

dudekunle
July 11, 2007, 09:00 PM
If Noitora wants to be Primero, he won't get himself kicked out by fighting other Espada, even if they are below him. <- extreme speculation

And I just can't see him joining, but he will lose, definitly.

Everyone wants GJ to join and he would definately be a great asset to team kurosaki. He knows alot about Aizen's plots, but i doubt it'll happen. Aizen is too smart to let his little science experiment get away and blab about all his doings. He's probably manupulated GJ so that he'd attack ichigo, thus giving Aizen some battle stats on Vizards and reatsu readings. Who knows, he may be planning to turn himself into a new hybrid of who's likes we have yet to see.

gold349
July 12, 2007, 04:00 AM
my prediction for the next chapter would be, that ichigo's big reitsu goes out of control, destroying the whole of loss noches killing octava espada, freeing renji and ishida, aizens palace crumbles down on top of them killing all the the remaining espadas, ichigo and inhoe grabs ruqia and chad and runs back to the real world with ishida and renji and they leave Nell to rule as king in heuco mondo. the end

Impel Down
July 12, 2007, 04:43 PM
I don't think using your reiatsu can actually destroy anything, just affect those around you. And his reiatsu isn't THAT massive, it's just a little bit above Ulquiorra's.

Lord Rae
July 12, 2007, 04:51 PM
tell that to Zaraki... wasn't there an explosion when he took off his eyepatch?

Impel Down
July 12, 2007, 07:46 PM
I don't believe there was one as a result of him taking it off, but there was as a result of him and Ichigo clashing with such massive reiatsu. Although, I may be wrong. If someone can correct me, go ahead.

gold349
July 13, 2007, 07:11 AM
tell that to Zaraki... wasn't there an explosion when he took off his eyepatch?

don't think using your reiatsu can actually destroy anything, just affect those around you. And his reiatsu isn't THAT massive, it's just a little bit above Ulquiorra's.

i wasn't being serious it was posted sarcastically.

Lord Rae
July 13, 2007, 06:39 PM
Holy crap...did Ichigo just win? We kinda knew or at least thought he would... but that looks like the kind of end-game strike we haven't seen from a good guy in a very long time.

I'm incredibly pumped about this chapter...

manufn619
July 13, 2007, 07:49 PM
i forgot who said this but...
Long Live !
Hybrid Ichigo

duffman13
July 13, 2007, 09:06 PM
i just wanted to ask a question, i think i know the answer. the frame on page 7 with the hollow mask face next to the one where inoue says "I feel like i couldn't see myself reflected anywhere in those eyes"

That's her brother, right?

ShinobiWrath
July 13, 2007, 09:22 PM
i just wanted to ask a question, i think i know the answer. the frame on page 7 with the hollow mask face next to the one where inoue says "I feel like i couldn't see myself reflected anywhere in those eyes"

That's her brother, right?

Yeah that's her brother post-hollow transformation.

Silhouette
July 13, 2007, 11:16 PM
1- Orihime was attacked by her loving brother after he turned into a hollow so it makes sense that she's scared of Ichigo who's not only giving a hollowish vibe but a feakin espada's one too.

2-Nell is so innocent and brave...I don't understand why she became a hollow!!! (I hope it was Aizen/his underlings who forcibly did that to her or something like that)

3-The last two pages were incredibly romantic and Ichigo's last line made him even cooler than ever (including the last three chapters). Ichigo is definitely in love with Orihime, Orihime was jealous because Rukia can influence Ichigo but what she didn't realize is that her own influence is ten times bigger.

Lovely chapter, it looked random at the beginning but with Orihime's flashback about her brother, Nell's lecture and the last two pages it became tight.

Sharma
July 13, 2007, 11:19 PM
One word can summarise this chapter.

Owned.

:)

dreamzsai
July 13, 2007, 11:30 PM
The words by Nell, and what Orihime followed up to say + what Ichigo said in the end really made it quite meaningful :)

But it seems Ichigo is really at his limit of using the mask, so he will have to finish things off real quick....

ignacio86
July 13, 2007, 11:57 PM
Ichigo is not at his limits he just got his resolve back and i think he is going to put his mask back on like when it was cracking.

mokney
July 14, 2007, 01:09 AM
err...i didnt see any "outpouring" rietsu in this chapter like the spoiler said so.

I bet we get to see a new move soon or ability.

GPZrag
July 14, 2007, 03:54 AM
i wanted to ask ONE QUESTION, why do you call Ichigo's Hollow ---> Shirosaki, i really can't remember him giving us his name :( ...? someone plz enlightme :)

Stone
July 14, 2007, 05:19 AM
i wanted to ask ONE QUESTION, why do you call Ichigo's Hollow ---> Shirosaki, i really can't remember him giving us his name :( ...? someone plz enlightme :)

Kurosaki= Black Cape
Shirosaki= White Cape

Since Kurosaki is wearing Black & Shirosaki is wearing White... Thats why

Lohnt
July 14, 2007, 06:15 AM
So, just to help me understand by the end of the chapter when the mask is breaking off, it is Shirosaki that is in control correct?

I would love to see a reversed hollow mask that Shirosaki would summon if that's the case =)

Silhouette
July 14, 2007, 06:41 AM
I don't see anything suggesting that Shirosaki is in control. As to why Ichigo's eyes returned to normal when his mask disappeared before, I assume it's because his mask disappeared (or he made it disappear for fear of the killer instinct growing inside him) while in this fight it didn't really dissolve but was rather broken by GJ. Either that or they will return to normal soon (When Shirosaki took over while Ichio was fighting Hiyori, Shinji broke Ichigo's mask but it took a moment for Ichigo's eyes to become while again).

Edit: Regarding the Ichigo v GJ fight. Both Ichigo and Zangetsu were releasing a black aura while fighting GJ, the same black aura was wrapping Ichigo after being stabbed by Zangetsu and some thought it was his bankai dissolving but I wasn't convinced. Anyway we saw this black aura before...for a brief moment and that was when Ichigo stabbed and subdued his hollow
http://i11.tinypic.com/5xrxues.jpg

It looks like this black aura is the manifestation of his seek-battle instinct.

**off topic: I have to type the spoilers tags and every other tag or smiley now while they used to be available in the old forum, are they still available but I can't see them or what?**

mokney
July 14, 2007, 08:20 AM
that black aura is ichigos reiatsu most likely. That was show that shirosaki was being subdued by ichigo because it was black and if remember in the chapter he beat him, shirosaki's clothes turned black. Ichigo is in total control, and because orihime doesnt want him to be hurt he resolves to end it not for himself but for her. Urahara said that without any resolve he would be weaker. So thats basically it. People are far too eager to have shiro back in control.

Oh and to why we call him shirosaki is because is a word for white or adjective for white i think. Think toushiro, hes named that because he has white hair.

Silhouette
July 14, 2007, 08:52 AM
Ichigo's reiatsu was never black (you can see that clearly in his previous fights) and the black aura appeared and engulfed Shirsaki after Ichigo realized his instinct so most likely it is a manifestation of that instinct that covered his hollow and tamed him and in Shirosaki's own word: "so you still had a little left in you" (referring to Ichigo's instinct wrapping him)

Lohnt
July 14, 2007, 11:21 AM
People are far too eager to have shiro back in control.

What are you talking about? His pupils are white and his eyes are black, that is Shirosaki's eyes, I don't care if he's back or not I'm stating what's on the freaking page jeez.

drakend
July 14, 2007, 11:38 AM
What are you talking about? His pupils are white and his eyes are black, that is Shirosaki's eyes, I don't care if he's back or not I'm stating what's on the freaking page jeez.
Those aren't Shirosaki's eyes. Those are a Vaizard's eyes.

EDIT: And anyway we all can see what's written on the manga, it's not like we're blind. There is a much more useful thing called INTERPRETATION.

neomaster121
July 14, 2007, 12:52 PM
yea its not shriosaki's eyes and i really don't think we will be seeing that guy anytime soon. Plus the mask is still covering his face partially showing that he is still holding the power for has long as he can.

mars0103
July 14, 2007, 01:49 PM
that not black reiatsu was more likely teus zengetes slash lets hope 1 down 9 to go not including aizen and co

drakend
July 15, 2007, 01:45 AM
These last two chapters were enlighting for me: Ichigo's strength with the mask is far above what I imagined at first, perhaps because the only time he fought against Grimmjaw with the mask it lasted only 11 seconds. In chapter 282 and in this chapter the masked stayed much longer and we were able to see the real boost: well it's very huge. Most people say that Ichigo and Grimmjaw were pretty much equal in chapter 282 (until Inoue came with her crap of course): after thinking it well I think it's wrong. Ichigo blocked Grimmjaw hits with BARE HANDS two times, so it isn't a coincidence: to be able to do so against an enemy it means you're really superior to him. We saw this even back in the Ichigo vs Byakuya fight: after Shirosaki blocked Byakuya's sword with his bare hands the owning time begun and, if not for Ichigo's come back, Shirosaki would have royally owned Byakuya. Now I'm not saying that Grimmjaw will get royally owned, but Vaizard Ichigo is superior to Grimmjaw for sure because these last two chapters clearly point to that direction. In chapter 283 Ichigo was smacked around by Grimmjaw because his determination was shattered by Inoue's retardness and foolishness, but that was fixed at the end of the chapter luckyly.

Anyway the ability in holding the mask is clearly related to how much one's counting on his instincts, fighting and survival ones in particular.

Vizard5
July 15, 2007, 05:07 AM
shirosaki is not in controll and he haven't been since the inner fight.. you can clearly see it on the eyes were the mask is if it's shirosaki or vizard ichigo.. vizard ichigo have normal eyes, just that his pupils are yellow and the rest black. shirosaki have large not round pupils..

Vizard eyes:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1829/95149311du1.th.png (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=95149311du1.png)

shirosaki eyes:
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8269/35988320wn4.th.jpg (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=35988320wn4.jpg)

skepticzar
July 15, 2007, 08:43 AM
Great chapter. I love Nell I really do. I'm so glad she said what she said in this chapter to Orihime. And it was nice seeing Orihime saying something OTHER than 'Kurosaki-kun'..it's gettting soo old. (yes I know, it got old around 200 chapters ago)

Hooray for Ichigo! I love GJ too but I hope Ichigo owns him good. He'll will his mask back on I guess. And I don't think we saw Shirosaki anywhere there. Enough with the internal battle thing already, at least for now.

I'm mildy interested in what's up with Chad n Rukia n Ishida n Renji..oh, and Ulquiorra too..is he still wandering around wherever GJ sent him to?

patrick_tambu
July 15, 2007, 02:18 PM
My opinion is that if it was Shirosaki in control, this fight wouldn't have last this longer....(I'm for sure a Shiro's fun!!!lol)
Even with those eyes, he's definitely Kurosaki, that's the simple conseguence of wearing "a" mask.......
Btw this chap is awesome! For Nell cheering Ichigo as for Ichigo showing us his resolve back again.
The only thing that still piss me off, is this Inhoue doubt/whine crap! Why the hell doesn't she remember her love and her confidence in Ichigo? Were those feeling this damn light and easy????? Uh?????
What would have she said/though in front of the Sharingan!???!!!!lol

murani-san
July 15, 2007, 05:58 PM
At first I was confused as to why Ichigo was getting owned this chapter than I realized it had a direct correlation to Orihime not really cheering Ichigo on then Nell goes and tell her just right and then Orihime snaps out of her fear and begins to remember that its Ichigo the one who always comes to save the day, and so Ichigo regains his resolve.

The last panel with Ichigo slicing Grimmjaw sets up the next chapter to be epic and hopefully conclude.

Sharma
July 16, 2007, 06:56 AM
shirosaki is not in controll and he haven't been since the inner fight.. you can clearly see it on the eyes were the mask is if it's shirosaki or vizard ichigo.. vizard ichigo have normal eyes, just that his pupils are yellow and the rest black. shirosaki have large not round pupils..

Vizard eyes:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1829/95149311du1.th.png (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=95149311du1.png)

shirosaki eyes:
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8269/35988320wn4.th.jpg (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=35988320wn4.jpg)

Very VERY interesting thing i've just noticed.

The stripes on the mask.

Note how when Ichigo was in hollow mode as shown in the quote, note that there are significantly less black stripes on the mask, taking into account that IF black = Ichigo and white = Shirosaki then we can conclude that the stripes on the mask indicate control over the hollow.

Now ichigo is in full vaizard mode and his instincts have kicked in, the stripes cover exactly half the mask and the other half is completely white.

To me this indicates synchronisation between his two halves, much like when someone goes ban kai, iirc it was stated that it was a full sync between Zanpakutou & Shinigami.

I belive Ichigo has hit his full potential for the moment with his vaizard mask since it seems that his hollow side is finally working in tandem with him.

dudekunle
July 16, 2007, 10:10 AM
Very VERY interesting thing i've just noticed.

The stripes on the mask.

Note how when Ichigo was in hollow mode as shown in the quote, note that there are significantly less black stripes on the mask, taking into account that IF black = Ichigo and white = Shirosaki then we can conclude that the stripes on the mask indicate control over the hollow.

Now ichigo is in full vaizard mode and his instincts have kicked in, the stripes cover exactly half the mask and the other half is completely white.

To me this indicates synchronisation between his two halves, much like when someone goes ban kai, iirc it was stated that it was a full sync between Zanpakutou & Shinigami.

I belive Ichigo has hit his full potential for the moment with his vaizard mask since it seems that his hollow side is finally working in tandem with him.

Very interesting, though i don't think he's hit his full potential yet. I thought that controlling your inner hollow was just one of the first steps of Vizard training. then extending mask time was next. We've no idea if there are any other steps that ichigo must learn because he just left before completing his training. Also, Ichigo has 5 more freaking espada to fight, plus 3 renegade shinigami (even though he'll probably fight 2 out of the top 5 and maybe confront aizen once more). So he must be just begining to realize what he is and what he can do.
Also, that pic was way enlightening because it showed how ichigo's initail mask was compared to his current mask. not only is there less black(red) strips on the left side, but the design and pattern of the strips are different. Also the structure of the eye socket has drastically changed. this sort of supports the theory that the mask is gradually evolving and changing itself everytime ichigo changes.

Lord Rae
July 16, 2007, 02:54 PM
I can see Ichigo fighting Ulquirra again during the winter war or possibly once more before the end of the arc... but I don't think he'll fight any of the upper level arrancar...

Maybe....MAYBE one of the 2 ex shinigami....but definitely Aizen... The rest of the arrancar I would be surprised if he ever even mets them let alone crosses swords with them... Thats why we have all the good guy characters. ..we've got captains a plenty and lots of ex captains to fight the upper level arrancar. And you know that Ichigo's crew will take on some of them or at least the helpers... even Tatsuki and the others we last saw at Urahara's...they've all got parts to play.

dudekunle
July 16, 2007, 06:20 PM
Why do soo many people want shirosaki to be in control? I mean, its ridiculous. The guy's not in control and we may not see him in a while, so stuff it. At the end of 283, look at ichigo's eyes. they may have been black, but look at his pupils. They show conciousness. He's aware of himself, and his eye look way different from the previous times his body was taken over by his hollow.
[hr]

I can see Ichigo fighting Ulquirra again during the winter war or possibly once more before the end of the arc... but I don't think he'll fight any of the upper level arrancar...

Maybe....MAYBE one of the 2 ex shinigami....but definitely Aizen... The rest of the arrancar I would be surprised if he ever even mets them let alone crosses swords with them... Thats why we have all the good guy characters. ..we've got captains a plenty and lots of ex captains to fight the upper level arrancar. And you know that Ichigo's crew will take on some of them or at least the helpers... even Tatsuki and the others we last saw at Urahara's...they've all got parts to play.

Yeah, i was dumb for saying ichigo would fight 2 more high level espada, when this fight is takin forever. He might meet another high level espada, but probably a cool level-headed one, like stark (that's how i see him as). As for him and Ulq fighting again, it all depends on how long grim and kurosaki have been fighting. He's supposed to be out for about 3 hours or so. I don't think this fight should top half that time. Which is enough time to get healed, bust in and save ishida and renji, and pick up chad's and rukia's half dead bodies, thus avoiding another confrontation with that dude. Of course that's easier said than done, while we have haibel watching the fight and who knows what might be going on in her head. We also have Noit roaming around. Plus, there's no way in hell that aizen's chillin in his castle without noticing all the reatsu being thrown back and forth.

drakend
July 17, 2007, 02:08 AM
I think Ichigo won't leave Las Noches so easily: it will be ridicolus. Ichigo will have to fight against another Espada at least: Ulquiorra is the best candidate. Why? Because the top 3 are reserved for the Winter War.
You guys are saying that Ichigo seems to be badly hurt by his fight against Grimmjaw: I don't think so. We've seen him cut badly in SS but he still was able to fight, but this time I don't even have the impression he's getting much damage. Grimmjaw smacked him around in chapter 283, sure, but Ichigo seems more concerned about Inoue and his mask, that's a clear sign that the damage he's taking isn't so great as we think.

segarraramon
July 17, 2007, 01:24 PM
I think the problem with ichigo is that he does not want to become a murderer. He holds back he does not kill. In front of orihime is worst it seems that he is holding back letting GJ have his fight. Orihime has given an order to ichigo I don’t care just don’t get hurt any more. Now ichigo has permission to strike to kill the resolve to end the fight. GJ is done fore. I believe that ichigo will release his vizard form not because he has to, because he doesn’t need it against GJ at this time, he will say something like. I told you that it was not fun for me in my release state I gave you the opportunity to prove your self and I wanted to know what was the extent of my powers but I can not reach them whit you as my opponent leave or die. AHHHHHH GJ attacks. Up suing of the sword the end of pantereta.

Lord Rae
July 17, 2007, 02:35 PM
agreed...if he'd used his intent to kill from the beginning many of the fights would have turned out differently... namely he would have killed Byakuya right after going bankai and we never would have seen shirosaki cause he wouldn't have needed to take over.

gold349
July 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
can somone explain to me, why everybody is assuming that more stripes on ichigo's mask gives him more controlle over his hollow or that he gains a power boost? i might have believed it, if he still had has mask intact but his left side is completely gone, and many times he over powered his hollow to gain controlle, wouldn't he be more powerfull than his hollow side at those times and if he was more powerfull from the start but didn't know how to do it, isn't there some other explanation?

drakend
July 17, 2007, 03:54 PM
can somone explain to me, why everybody is assuming that more stripes on ichigo's mask gives him more controlle over his hollow or that he gains a power boost? i might have believed it, if he still had has mask intact but his left side is completely gone, and many times he over powered his hollow to gain controlle, wouldn't he be more powerfull than his hollow side at those times and if he was more powerfull from the start but didn't know how to do it, isn't there some other explanation?
The mask color pattern isn't the cause because Ichigo can control his powers, but the effect of the evolution in his soul balance powers. So even if there is half mask the balance is still there.

dudekunle
July 17, 2007, 05:46 PM
The mask color pattern isn't the cause because Ichigo can control his powers, but the effect of the evolution in his soul balance powers. So even if there is half mask the balance is still there.

I can agree with that. when his mask is dedicated half to black and half white, it represents balance. and if there were an unbalance, then the mask would probably be predominately white or black with the corresponding sides of ichigo's psychi in control

lilkwarrior
July 21, 2007, 07:04 AM
agreed...if he'd used his intent to kill from the beginning many of the fights would have turned out differently... namely he would have killed Byakuya right after going bankai and we never would have seen shirosaki cause he wouldn't have needed to take over.
Not so fast...:amuse
Even though Ichigo never had the intent to kill Byakuya to begin with (He's Rukia brother, and if you remember what happened back on earth when Ichigo was holding on to Byakuya's leg, Rukia will NEVER forgive Ichigo if he killed Byakuya), Ichigo outcome against Byakuya would pretty much be the same. Ichigo wasn't experienced with the power his Bankai possessed, hurting himself in the process. His bones were "shattering" according to his Hollow self. Ichigo & Renji both were not experienced with their Bankai, and thus, don't know its full abilities nor all of its flaws. Sure Ichigo got to Bankai shockingly quick but he doesn't know all of his Bankai abilities. Ichigo in this arc is as arrogant about his intent & Zangetsu's abilities as Soul Society. And soon before the Winter War, it's going to bite him in the a.s.s. His intent to kill should be more evident than ever before but again he doesn't seem to have that, even though it's quite evident his opponents have it full throttle. To be honest, he should have had this intent to kill since his Hollow self encounter. In Hueco Mundo, the dimension full of Hollows, in which Shinigami's job & purpose is to kill before the very Hollow they hunt kill even more innocent people or people they care, Ichigo's blood should be FULL of intent to kill. What does it really take to make Ichigo have true killing intent? Does someone has to make reference to his mother?!!:blink

Ever since he got in tune with his Vizard abilities, Ichigo has practically been ignorant of Zangetsu abilities & fully dependent on his Vizard abilities alone. He needs to know fully what his Bankai can achieve & add that to his Vizard abilities and be a true threat against Aizen. In truth, he really isn't. Speaking of Vizard abilities, he needs to know how to fully take of advantage of it also. Unlike the other Vizard like Shinji, Ichigo is being stubborn in not taking full advantage of invaluable skills like Cero, Bala, etc. If he made his thick skull think, when he trained with the Vizard, he should have used that time to learn those skills. I bet that his fight with Grimmjow would have not taken that long & he would have had Orihime, found Rukia, Found Chad, & Help Ishida & Renji excape from that chamber they're in & had time to find out how to get out of Heuco Mundo (probably by using his Vizard powers, since HOLLOWs are the only beings that really can get in Heuco Mundo with ease, as well as Espada with Dimensional rifts, Vizard can also since they use hollow abilities as well) before Ulquiorra could come out of his prison & have enough strength & energy to have a chance, with the option of having reasonable backup with Renji & the Quincy. Since that isn't a real picture... If Ichigo can beat Grimmjow before the next two chapters, he's GOT to hurry & find Rukia, Chad, & reunite with Renji & Uryuu before it gets real bad for him with Halibel, Noritorra, & Ulquiorra most likely to interfere.

There's one thing funny about this arc, and is probably is going to be the dramatic part... Hat n Clogs got them IN Hueco Mundo, but how the heck they are coming OUT?!!!:blink

notBowen
July 21, 2007, 02:21 PM
Quick question, I know there's no Naruto next week but is that a Shonen Jump thing or just a Naruto thing? I.e. is there a Bleach next week?