PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 290 Discussion [Naruto]

Gold Knight
December 22, 2005, 08:37 AM
Well, get ready for a long wait until the next chapter due to the New Year's holiday in Japan.

Chapter 289 HQ RAW, thanks to Dyro: http://x11.putfile.com/11/31309192613.gif (http://dl.mangahelpers.com/raws/Naruto_289_hq_raw.zip)

You can also find all available translations and scanlations here (http://mangahelpers.com/index.php?topic=398.0).

In the meanwhile we can predict what's going to happen next. So the spy was Kabuto, after all.

So, is Kabuto really a traitor to Orochimaru? Why did Oro look so happy at the end of the chapter? What will happen next?

My bet is Sasuke is definitely going to show up soon.

How about you guys?

EDIT--

290 Raw can be found here:
http://x11.putfile.com/11/31309192613.gif (http://mangahelpers.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=9)

Ifuritas-fan
December 22, 2005, 08:54 AM
Well, I nailed the "who is the spy" prediction (was the first person to name Kabuto as the spy).

Yeah yeah... I'm sure I'll hear someone say.. "Every fan knew it was Kabuto"

Riiiight... not one person made the prediction until the theory was floated 3 weeks ago. But enough about that.

How about this for a thought.

The info was meant to be leaked so that Naruto will show up...

Then the info that Naruto will be on that island (nice how it's isolated huh?) will be descretely passed on to the Akatsuki... oh... wait... who's charged with collecting Naruto in the Akatsuki?

I smell a setup to lure Itachi to the island to give Sasuke a chance to kill his brother.

Betcha that how we're gonna see Sasuke appear... some jungly island... giving kishimoto a chance to give him a hellaciously cool background backdrop to put the little punk against.

Dr Spet
December 22, 2005, 10:30 AM
Orochimaru is clearly looking forward to kill yamato, and enjoys the fact yamato is living up to his reputation and has noticed the presence of Orochimaru!

I don't think Kabuto is really a traitor to orochimaru, at least this would be way too obvious, and Kabuto can do much better, if he would betray orochimaru, he would do it better! So that would mean the "real" spy of orochimaru has been killed, or has never been there!

m0nr
December 22, 2005, 03:40 PM
i reckon orochimaru has found out that kabuto is betraying him so he kills kabuto then gets sasuke to henge as kabuto... the rabbit was probably a sign from orochi saying 'hurry up and kill him already' :P

Zenith
December 22, 2005, 03:47 PM
i reckon orochimaru has found out that kabuto is betraying him so he kills kabuto then gets sasuke to henge as kabuto... the rabbit was probably a sign from orochi saying 'hurry up and kill him already' :P
That may actually be quite logical in a sense you know... Either that or oro himself is a henge. It's sasuke in disguise! lolx

One Eyed Sharingan
December 22, 2005, 03:58 PM
Nope i dun think so, i think Kabuto's really Sasori's spy. Sasori's jutsu makes someone forget that he is Sasori's underling (just like Yuura, the Suna's Jonin), and when Sasori releases his jutsu (or dead), Kabuto's memory that he is Sasori's spy returns.

Cbot
December 22, 2005, 07:48 PM
I also predict that we will see Uchiha Sasuke.

Man the story is getting better and better.I really hope that they keep Orochimaru as a villain.Who cares if the japanese readers don't like him.I think he is one of the best villains in a manga.The wish to be the ultimate being.Kukuku!

Anax
December 22, 2005, 09:28 PM
Predictions: Sasuke has to appear sooner than later because we've seen Kabuto and Orochimaru now and he's connected to them. However, given the pace of the manga I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a lot more issues for Sasuke to appear! Especially if a Kabuto fight ensues in the mean time... Also, Sasuke's appearance doesn't have to be decisive because if it were we'd be off with a large part of the storyline, unless he joins up with Konoha once more, kills his brother, the rest Kill Orochimaru and then they all deal with Akatsuki and the other Jinchuuriki. Oh, well... I highly doubt my own words :sweat

bebong
December 22, 2005, 11:39 PM
Sasuke and.....hey...how did he get his body back??(Oro)

firesoferebus666
December 22, 2005, 11:50 PM
I think that Kabuto really is a spy for the Akatsuki. I have a feeling he'll die... Probably because Orochimaru's face on the double page spread really creeped me out. However, since Kabuto was in Konoha for more than 5 years, and he said "it's been 5 years," does that mean he met Sasori in Konoha? Of course, saying that could have been a trick or test to see if it was really Sasori, since Yamato wouldn't really know the real time since Sasori and Kabuto last met. Kabuto could have snuck away to meet Sasori though, since he obviously was able to sneak away and meet Orochimaru. Also, Konoha peeps aren't really great at detecting spies/malicious figures (Orochimaru watching exams, meeting Kabuto in the friggin tower, etc.).
Me: "OMG Kabuto's a good guy, and now he's gonna die?!?!"
My bro: "wth are you talking about. He's a spy for the Akatsuki. He's still a bad guy."
Me: "Oh yeah..."
In any case, I think we might not see Sasuke for a while, unless he really is being a henge and right now. If Yamamto is successful, it'll probably shift back to Sai and Naruto conflict/BG story as they move towards the island. But given the story so far, I think that would be too un-plot-twisty to happen. Also, we can't forget about that whole possibility of Sai or Yamato not being a "good guy," with that whole thing witht the old man (dunno his name. You know, the one who wanted to be Hokage, but didn't get chosen?). Next, since Kabuto knows he's being followed, but says it's no problem, could it be a trick to kill "Sasori" (or Yamato, if they know it's him)? I doubt it though, I still think Kabuto is a real spy. Either Yamato will be successful, or they'll face or with Kabuto (who Yamato wanted to capture) or Orochimaru (who saw "Sasori"). But I think Orochimaru won't reveal himself yet, since he and Sasuke have to fight together to please the fans. Also, a fight with Oro would reveal Sasori as not being the real Sasori, and would end with a) Oro getting away and deciding not to move to the island as planned, delaying Sasuke's appearance even longer, b) Oro dying, which would be weird, since Sasuke would know he was dead and react, (besides killing off a major villain), or c) Naruto and team dying, which isn't happening. They'll probably attempt to capture Kabuto, then Kabuto escapes and discovers he has no allies (Oro know's he's a traitor, and Sasori is dead) and be frantic, then die a miserable death from Oro. Orochimaru would then either be ready for Naruto and company and set up traps or something, or just not move to the island (boooring). So I think he'll still move to the island, but set up traps, which would be cool.
Edit: @bebong: Well we saw before that he can use some mask-ish thing to "get" his face back (when he ripped it off and revealed a younger body back in Chunnin exams), so he can probably get his hair back too. After that, he can probably just dress in his normal clothes ans look exactly like the original Oro.

bebong
December 22, 2005, 11:51 PM
What a plot twist eh??

d3vlabs
December 23, 2005, 12:18 AM
you guys just want to see how badass sasuke will look now

bebong
December 23, 2005, 12:21 AM
Still we have to be patient.....Happy New Year T__T....
(Off topic: See this PSP lovers: Naruto Narutimate Double is planned to be released...

moridin
December 23, 2005, 02:32 AM
It was quite an evil way to leave us hanging for a fortnight, I think next chapter will tell us if Kabuto is a real spy or if he's acting as a spy

Anax
December 23, 2005, 04:32 AM
Is it just me or does Orochi seem younger? For a moment there I thought it was "the new and improved psycho-Sasuke, spitting image of this master", then again he couldn't have been because Kishi would want to make him look like his brother for their epic fight. The fact that he has his snake eat the rabbit whole, has to mean something though.... and he looked so pleased, evil grin and alll :oro

Omolara
December 23, 2005, 05:26 AM
The rabbit was a touch of symbolism. It was showing what Orochimaru's capable of I think, except everybody's Orochi's rabbit. And I agree, Sasuke is going to more closley resemble Itachi, but not too much. He still has to look more like his mother, but with a more mature face.

graphic_content
December 23, 2005, 05:39 AM
if sasuke makes a return they will definetly try to stretch it out as long as possible and be as dramatic as possible...

...i know japanese readers dont like orochimaru, but who would they replace him with as the ultimate evil against konoha? there is so much history established between the two groups it would seem stupid to arbitrarily throw in a new villian.

...i think if Itachi makes a reappearance and battles with Sasuke he will be suprised to see just how advanced Sasuke has become.   BUT... he would still murder Sasuke because by joining with Orochimaru, Sasuke's power are now unnaturally obtained, while Itachi's powers are his by birthright.  I definetly think they will mention this difference during a battle.

anbutofu
December 23, 2005, 05:53 AM
if its orochimaru its gonna be super chaotic, so i dont think its orochimaru, but maybe a test for yamato, who kabuto believes is sasori, but possibly an impostor...
i still think kabuto is sai's brother, sais response was not how do you guys know him, but that guy looks like...my neesan...but he died...that would be a HUGE twist

Cueil
December 23, 2005, 05:55 AM
I think the whole Uchiha clan was a lie... something doesn't smell right about them... but I defenetly want to see Sasuke... I was hopeing he was comming anyway... so maybe that isn't Oro... it didn't say oro... it just said "that man"

shinraiden
December 23, 2005, 12:02 PM
Sakura and Naruto can't hear anything...

We should be able to get some sort of reading up or down on those shields...
... unless they're jamming us ...
... and they wouldn't know to jam us ... unless ... they ... knew ... we were coming ...

http://www.starwars.jp/character/image/admiral_ackbar.jpg

IT'S A TRAP!

Kabuto said the mind-control wore off, and there's no way Yamato could have or would have faked it.

So Kabuto's saying "j00 pwn3d f00". Orochimaru's got the whole mess set up to backstab Sasori to keep Akatsuki off his tail, and also to hang out a double-cross on Kabuto just in case. The snow bunny (space to lemmings, snow bunnies in summer? Mind-blowing obvious plot recycling, even Sai should be having ominous feelings about this.

That wind isn't just happen-chance, Orochipant's senior winged monkey is stirring up a breeze with his wings to cover the tracks for Manda and the rest of the Snakes, and since Orochimaru's planning a takedown of his former cohort - who should have a blood contract on Orochi's head - who happened to have been a poisoned puppet master, Orochi's not going to be holding back.

So what's going to happen is not going to be pretty.

Orochi's going to drop the hammer smack on the middle of the bridge, and either Yamato holds out on the gimmick - which he can't since Orochi's preped for years with inside info on how to take out Sasori, or Yamato ditches the ruse and tries to hold off to open a retreat. And if he dumps the gig, then Orochi's going to go all out, since he knows the timing is up as well for Sasuke's soul sucking and that Konoha's not going to have sent a lone nutter in after Sasuke, but the best army that they could afford.

In which case thngs get interesting. Yamato's primary is mo-ton, but Orochi's got a Katon master handy. Yamato's backup is some sort of fear aura, but he doesn't come across as a legendary master, and it took two to hold Orochi last time. So we've got a jack, a queen, and a joker with the ace about to be tapped. The only way they're going to pull this off and turn this 9-tailed high card debacle into a royal flush is to drop in the King - of toad pr0n.

well this year closed a lot lower key than last year, ie last year it was "z0mgwtfHeybbqsaucekhey!!!12345?! sasuke's got wings and naruto's go tails!" This time it's "duh, wankers. oh yeah, they're screwed."

ANBUluuver
December 23, 2005, 03:04 PM
...ok then...

my guess is that something's going to happen with Sai and Naruto again, and Sasuke's not going to show up. If so, then screw him... >.<

d3vlabs
December 24, 2005, 06:29 PM
poor bunny

cheh
December 24, 2005, 07:49 PM
DIE BUNNY DIE!
nah ~_~
i predict that there will still be talking between Kabuto and yamato, and then the action begins at the very end!

Zenith
December 25, 2005, 12:42 AM
I believe either orochimaro(most likely not) or kabuto is a henge. This henge business can really fool so many ppl easily. Imagine what it can do to us humans in the real world if it really exists!

njt
December 25, 2005, 03:12 AM

IT'S A TRAP!

Kabuto said the mind-control wore off, and there's no way Yamato could have or would have faked it.

So Kabuto's saying "j00 pwn3d f00". Orochimaru's got the whole mess set up to backstab Sasori to keep Akatsuki off his tail, and also to hang out a double-cross on Kabuto just in case. The snow bunny (space to lemmings, snow bunnies in summer? Mind-blowing obvious plot recycling, even Sai should be having ominous feelings about this.

That wind isn't just happen-chance, Orochipant's senior winged monkey is stirring up a breeze with his wings to cover the tracks for Manda and the rest of the Snakes, and since Orochimaru's planning a takedown of his former cohort - who should have a blood contract on Orochi's head - who happened to have been a poisoned puppet master, Orochi's not going to be holding back.

Orochi's going to drop the hammer smack on the middle of the bridge, and either Yamato holds out on the gimmick - which he can't since Orochi's preped for years with inside info on how to take out Sasori, or Yamato ditches the ruse and tries to hold off to open a retreat. And if he dumps the gig, then Orochi's going to go all out, since he knows the timing is up as well for Sasuke's soul sucking and that Konoha's not going to have sent a lone nutter in after Sasuke, but the best army that they could afford.

In which case thngs get interesting. Yamato's primary is mo-ton, but Orochi's got a Katon master handy. Yamato's backup is some sort of fear aura, but he doesn't come across as a legendary master, and it took two to hold Orochi last time. So we've got a jack, a queen, and a joker with the ace about to be tapped. The only way they're going to pull this off and turn this 9-tailed high card debacle into a royal flush is to drop in the King - of toad pr0n.

well this year closed a lot lower key than last year, ie last year it was "z0mgwtfHeybbqsaucekhey!!!12345?! sasuke's got wings and naruto's go tails!" This time it's "duh, wankers. oh yeah, they're screwed."

haha that was an interesting read. Thanks for taking the time to write that :p

Solace
December 25, 2005, 07:30 AM
I think Kabuto really did turn on Oro, and Oro will want him dead. He'll launch the initial attack, and scatter the group. Everyone will dance around for a bit, until Sasuke arrives and kills Kabuto.

firesoferebus666
December 26, 2005, 01:07 AM

IT'S A TRAP!

Lol nice thingy with Admiral Ackbar xD. An interesting and insightful prediction, but it's all based on the premise that Yamato couldn't have released the seal on Kabuto's memory. I, however believe that Sasori's seals on the memories of his spies probably wore off after he died. If he didn't, I can total see Kabuto being a double agent, but I can't really see it happening otherwise. Unless, of course, Kabuto remembered his Sasori spyingness and went crying to Orochimaru out of either 1.) fear (with new servant Sasuke...) or 2.) just pure guilt and that crap. Then maybe Oro was like "oh it's okay, blah blah blah blah blah," and came up with that plan thingy. But if Sasori's seal came off when he died, I think Kabuto might be a real spy after all. It is interesting to note that the plains rabbit appeared in the forest (with a white coat), but I don't know if that has any significance other than symbolism/possible foreshadowing, since it already died. Then again, didn't the other rabbit (like 250 chapters ago) also die? Or maybe it just got hit...?

Anax
December 27, 2005, 12:26 AM
It looks like one of two things could happen. There's a fight here and then more travelling to were Sasuke is or the psycho, smirking, bunny-eating Orochi has already killed Kabuto and now Sasuke has used henge no jutsu to turn into him. Of course, the latter would presume Sasuke thinking of Orochi as his master and working for him... What I really hope though is that Kishi will find a way to surprise us with the most unthinkable plot twist!! :tem

(Ok not as unthinkable as: The Akatsuki leader is trully Konohamaru! His bloodline limit allows him to alter the shape of his body, so he killed the true grandson of the 3rd and took his place, so as to be close to Naruto and the Kyuubi!! And of course Kabuto is Sai's brother and the illegitimate son of Orochimaru and Tsunade -after a night of lots of sake and an Orochi x Tsunade x Manda. Then the third jinchuuriki will appear to save the day, that being Genma -secret lover of Shikamaru's mom. In the end Hinata and Ino will reveal their love to each other and together they will kill the greatest villain in the series the female bug in Shino's body! It was "it" all along! "It" controlled Shino and other members of the Aburame clan to turn the events to their present state. Oh, and Sasuke will die of an uncommon cold, though not before contaminating his brother with it, thus taking him along to the grave...)

cygnus
December 27, 2005, 07:30 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting if Sasuke killed Oro...........

Zenith
December 28, 2005, 12:18 AM
It would be interesting...but almost too quick and predictable coz it would mean sasuke would be too powerful and he's of course going to get itachi next. And then from there, the akatsuki battles and stuff..and naruto ends! O.o now we won't want it to end anytime soon would we? :p

Dragonzair
December 28, 2005, 04:34 AM
DZ: 1
LotU: 0

Sorry, Cop, I win! XD I was right about Kabuto being the hooded guy!! :nuts Now give me my money!

Anyway, I'm sad to notice that none of you mentioned Kurenai or Asuma. :cussing J/K

I have a feeling those two are going to make an appearance in the next chapter, maybe the scene changes back to Konoha and all. I don't know. Maybe I'm just a paranoid Asuma/Kurenai fan. If not, probably in the following chapters soon to come.

I think Oro was grinning because Kabuto being a spy is part of a plan or something, but that's probably just me. I can't make any prediction concerning everyone in the current chapter, because my mind is all on the cover. Sorry. I'm still sour about the fact that they weren't in the chapter.

Seems like Kurenai's the only sensei who's got a change. I doubt Gai would have any. He's...fine the way he is now...XD

*reads the chapter again just to make a prediction*

Oh, they're going to see Sasuke real soon. *nods*

Dead or Alive
December 28, 2005, 06:26 AM
Maybe a fight broke out and Naruto/Sai fought Oro. Then Naruto use his new and improve Harem no Jutsu and Oro lose to them, Naruto say to Oro "Give Sasuke back!". Oro will laugh and say "You still don't get it do you, Narutokun ?". Naruto will say "No. that voice, it can't be." Oro will rip of his mask and TADA, it's Sasuke (Or maybe Oro already take over his body.) How that for a dramatic entrance?

nolia
December 28, 2005, 06:27 AM
i think that yamato is going to talk to kabuto a little more then kabuto all of a sudden kabuto springs a fight sai naruto and sakura come out of hidding yamato reales the jutsu. Kabuto makes a comment to Sakura and Naruto then they fight ochamiru eaither runs away or enters into the fight. :guns:kabuto :oro

Gold Knight
December 28, 2005, 10:47 AM
DZ, I sooooooo wanted to be there to see your reaction to the cover. I knew you'd love it! ^_^

Zenith
December 28, 2005, 02:43 PM
Then Naruto use his new and improve Harem no Jutsu and Oro lose to them

Hmm..oro is like gay you know..he's not the least interested in women (unless maybe to use them for his mad scientist experiments). So he will never fall victim to the oiroke/harem no jutsu. :D

binkansarariman
December 28, 2005, 02:50 PM
u can see the rabbit miles away with your ninja senses, but u wont find orochi even if he's just at the back seat from yours at school... and it shows that orochi knows or perhaps, already plotting kabuto & akatsuki scenarios way before this (refer back to chuunin exam where Orochi already suspecting Kabuto will defect him someday)...so noOne escapes from orochi''s snaky sensesl, he's the ultimate... stalker or... anything bad, i guess :darn

i predict that kabuto (if he lives after this) will manage to defect from orochi and allies with kanoha..HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

cygnus
December 28, 2005, 11:55 PM
Is the next jump (including naruto and bleach) the week straight after new years or is there another weeks break?

bebong
December 29, 2005, 02:47 AM
THey go to a fight!! Hope Sasuke appears!! Shannarooo!!!

nah-nah
December 29, 2005, 04:35 AM
I hope Kabuto reveals some kind of creepy freakin' power that destroys Oro.

Of course, that won't happen, but I can always dream, ne?

BlackPearl
December 29, 2005, 10:07 AM
I think Kabuto is still with Orochimaru…… don't know y I just fell it……

Gold Knight
December 29, 2005, 11:52 AM
Okay, we've gotten word that there's been a big Japanese leak and all the Jump chapters that were supposed to be coming out NEXT week are going to be on the internet - including Naruto. Bleach, One-Piece, and Death Note are already out. I've downloaded Bleach 210 myself. So looks like we'll be getting Naruto 290 this week.

So keep an eye out for it and start scanning the web for it! ^_^

donkeyhigh
December 29, 2005, 12:14 PM
To you who was wondering;
Orochimaru got his new body by taking the body of that guy that won the Battle Royale with the other prisoners Oro had hidden..

There are still 6 months untill Oro can change body, and maby he wants to wait even longer, so no, Orochimaru haven't taken over Sasuke's body, yet.

Like in Simpsons, Oro is not gay, but Kabuto is. Their like Mr.Burns and .. eh.. the other guy.. his helper.. :p

Sometimes things are as simple as they seem, my bet is that Kabuto really is a spy for Akutski dudes or whatever, yes, he betrayed Oro.
Oro seems so happy because he probably knew about this, and liked having Kabuto as a helper he could just take advantage of.. And has a secound plan, and is now gonna have some fun with Kabuto, and.. well.. you all know what Oro does to have fun..

Next, Naruto and the gang will follow Kabuto or the other Akutski dude, and end up fighting. Either Oro or the Akutski dude with Kabuto.
Sai will do some überhardcore jutsu with his paintings, but still screw it up, so Naruto'll have to help him, using his old jutsus, but in a much better manner than before.

As we've seen, Naruto still uses his clone-tecniques, but much better than before. Instead of making 324343 useless copies, he just makes the ones he really needs. Example: When Kakashi threw a ninja-star at him, and he cloned himself to pull himself out of the way, since he was in-air and couldn't dodge it alone.

Maby now he'll even manage to make the Rasengan without the help of a clone, although he did use a clone the previous time he made a Rasengan in part 2 of Naruto.

Anyway, there will be stalking and fighting in the next chapter.
Either Naruto or Sai will fuck up.. and the other one will save the one that fucked up..  :p

To finish things up, if anyone is gonna kill anyone, Naruto will be the one that takes care of Orochimaru in place of his teacher, Ero-senin. Showing that Jirayas' skills are far beyond what Oro might ever have dreamed of. If he can make his previously weak student even stronger than his worst rival, that should prove real strengh.
Ye be warned Orochimaru.

- Pjoto out.

barbapapa
December 29, 2005, 12:16 PM
Maby now he'll even manage to make the Rasengan without the help of a clone, although he did use a clone the previous time he made a Rasengan in part 2 of Naruto.

Yeh, but that was an Odama Rasengan right? :P

donkeyhigh
December 29, 2005, 12:32 PM
Odama Rasengan?[br]Posted at: December 29, 2005, 09:20:11 AM_________________________________________________Oh, nevermind.. Chapter 260.. Heh, yeah, 2x as big.. :)

Guess he can do it all by himself now :)

bebong
December 29, 2005, 06:34 PM
I hope Kabuto reveals some kind of creepy freakin' power that destroys Oro.

Of course, that won't happen, but I can always dream, ne?

kabuto will do that medical jutsu to oro's neck. The end

Dragonzair
December 29, 2005, 09:33 PM
@GK: :sweatdrop Yeh, well my reaction's already kown before I even posten, ne? I spazzed out in the Asuma FC. XD Anyway, I hope what you're saying is true...I want to see the next chapter now.

Oh, and about Bleach, can you link me? ^_^;;

Asuma and Kurenai in chapter 290. Who wants to bet with me on that?

Calibur
December 29, 2005, 10:10 PM
i highly doubt they will reveal sasuke at this time, since team 7 is just learn the whereabout of Sasuke plus the appearance of Oro. Probably resulting in Kabuto to run away and giving team 7 a dead end because Oro knows Konoha knows the location of Sasuke. Or Naruto rushing out of the shadow *which i highly doubt he noticed the presence of Oro because of the wind blowing away their scent and sound* and doing his normal routine of jutsus.

OR most likely a fight will occur between Yamato and Kabuto because it was a trap set by Oro to lure out Naruto. but we will see. ^_^ :kabuto

Del Rappy
December 30, 2005, 01:41 AM
kabuto will do that medical jutsu to oro's neck. The end

Yeah. Though Oro has one hell of a neck... I haven't seen early manga, but in the beggining of the anime he did some funky stuff with his neck, like when he gave Sasuke the cursed seal.

lexiefaye
December 30, 2005, 02:24 AM
Is it just me or does Orochi seem younger? For a moment there I thought it was "the new and improved psycho-Sasuke, spitting image of this master", then again he couldn't have been because Kishi would want to make him look like his brother for their epic fight. The fact that he has his snake eat the rabbit whole, has to mean something though.... and he looked so pleased, evil grin and alll  :oro

Yeah. I agree. Kabuto looked younger but it could've just been the cloak throwing things off. Orochimaru looked somehow younger to me too ... but you never know with Orochimaru.

And the snake/rabbit thing really freaked me out cuz I thought for a moment there that maybe when Kabuto heard something, he heard Sakura et al and the Rabbit was Naruto henging to cover it up ...

As for Chap 290 ... I don't think Sasuke will appear quite yet.... Kishimoto is going to make that happen in the most dramatic, tense moment ... If Sasuke does appear at the bridge more explanitory stuff about Kabuto, Yamato being unveiled and the other members of Team Kakashi entering the fight must happen first.

BlackPearl
December 30, 2005, 05:46 AM
Okay, we've gotten word that there's been a big Japanese leak and all the Jump chapters that were supposed to be coming out NEXT week are going to be on the internet - including Naruto.  Bleach, One-Piece, and Death Note are already out.  I've downloaded Bleach 210 myself.  So looks like we'll be getting Naruto 290 this week.

So keep an eye out for it and start scanning the web for it!  ^_^

R u sure? I looked every where and I can't find it…

Dynamic Dragon
December 30, 2005, 05:51 AM
^^ raw is out indeed just go to: http://pokefreak.deviantart.com/ to get it ^^, its in my front page XD
every1 enjoy ^^

4ghost
December 30, 2005, 06:21 AM
possible spoiler if you hadn't read chapter yet
It seems that Orochimaru recognizes Yamato from his jutsu. Probably means that it is like Shikamaru's families jutsu in that it can only be used by those from that clan. At least it has similar traits from the databook as Shikamaru's jutsu in it being a secret ninjutsu a technique due to the unique ability of user.

One Eyed Sharingan
December 30, 2005, 06:51 AM
Dang!!!!! the chap is freakin awesome, ended with cliffhanger
Team Kakashi vs Oro&Kabuto????????
Another weak in agony waiting for 291

Leen
December 30, 2005, 07:28 AM
Dang!!!!! the chap is freakin awesome, ended with cliffhanger
Team Kakashi vs Oro&Kabuto????????
Another weak in agony waiting for 291

Actually more than 1 week. 291 will only come out after 2 weeks.

metalanime
December 30, 2005, 07:38 AM
we dont have a translation yet, but i was wondering, did kabuto backstab orochimaru and then "sasori" after seeing that orochimaru followed him, or was that orochimarus plan from the beginning? If it was, what about the info on sasuke where abouts? Are they dependable? What do you think?

No OnE
December 30, 2005, 08:05 AM
lol I want a translation, this was an awesome chapter :)

BlackPearl
December 30, 2005, 08:17 AM
Wow the chapter is soooo cool!!!
Damn u Kabuto, u triple crosser ><
At least it looks like it.

hakke
December 30, 2005, 08:27 AM
that last shot of team Kakashi is just awesome...

ZeroEXE
December 30, 2005, 08:34 AM
Oro is still the best looking badguy in Naruto. His snakes are awesome and I hope Sasuke has learned to summon them.

dylec
December 30, 2005, 09:21 AM
Kabuto seems to be with Orochi all the way, even when his ex-master 'Sasori' appear before him. Orochi & his snakes attacks are just plain cool.
This chapter is an appetizer if the next chapter is the action. Imagine the wow-factor of neo-team 7 vs Orochi & Kabuto.

Leen
December 30, 2005, 09:49 AM
Next chapter will be simply awesome. A fight between Team 7 and Orochimaru,

As for this chapter, I still think that Kabuto wants what's best for himself only. He might be with Orochimaru now but it is only a matter of time before he too betrays Orochimaru.

Fnog
December 30, 2005, 10:21 AM
Next chapter will be simply awesome. A fight between Team 7 and Orochimaru,

As for this chapter, I still think that Kabuto wants what's best for himself only. He might be with Orochimaru now but it is only a matter of time before he too betrays Orochimaru.

i completely agree! the next chapter is going to be amazing! this chapter itself was pretty awesome! good stuff! i can't wait for the next chapter!!!

i also agree w/ what you said about Kabuto. i knew he was too smart to get caught that easy, but i do thing he will somehow manage to betray oro... :p

The-Shadow
December 30, 2005, 10:56 AM
I think i missed the download of the translation...
Can someone give it to me

Thx
The Shadow

Gold Knight
December 30, 2005, 11:12 AM
Shadow, go to the Weekly RAW & Translations forum. Or just check the first post of the 291 Predictions thread that I created a while ago here.

cheh
December 30, 2005, 11:58 AM
DIE BUNNY DIE!
nah ~_~
i predict that there will still be talking between Kabuto and yamato, and then the action begins at the very end!

WOOOHOO! my prediction was sooo right!*shakes booty*~_~

Anax
December 30, 2005, 05:23 PM
Two weeks are worth waiting judging from what's coming up :tem

NarutoXHinata
January 01, 2006, 04:00 PM
awesome chapter and naruto seems to be KB at the end of the chapter cant wait the next chapter

One Eyed Sharingan
January 02, 2006, 12:21 AM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehh...????? is ch 291 really gonna out in 2 weeks??? Why oh why?????????
Man i just really can't wait fer the next chapter...........

d3vlabs
January 02, 2006, 12:10 PM
:narutokyu will serve hot pwncakes to :oro and :kabuto

yessh

Ahab
January 02, 2006, 12:53 PM
Hea, whats the date for chap. 291's release? I didn't see it at the end of the translation. Sorry if someone has posted this already, I'm dead tired and can't be bothered. So someone help me out I'm lazy. :smile-big Oh yea date, hour, minute, nano second will be sufficient. I'm a bit ancy.

Dynamic Dragon
January 02, 2006, 01:34 PM
Hea, whats the date for chap. 291's release? I didn't see it at the end of the translation. Sorry if someone has posted this already, I'm dead tired and can't be bothered. So someone help me out I'm lazy. :smile-big Oh yea date, hour, minute, nano second will be sufficient. I'm a bit ancy.

think two weeks thursday from now

bebong
January 03, 2006, 09:08 PM
WEll, I honestly dunno who'll win

Sasoribaa
January 04, 2006, 05:41 AM
I think I know now why Sasori-danna told Sakura and Chiyo about the spy, I guess he knew the fact that Orochimaru and Kabuto were going to kill him!

walkie
January 04, 2006, 06:19 AM
I think I know now why Sasori-danna told Sakura and Chiyo about the spy, I guess he knew the fact that Orochimaru and Kabuto were going to kill him!

i do not think sasori was afraid of orochimaru and if he knew about oro unsealed kabuto he would warn the other akatsuki members right ;) because their objective is to find where oro hides and catch or kill him and get the ring

may be some members from akatsuki will make a show off who knows ;)

m0nr
January 04, 2006, 01:14 PM
hey guys what was the big update in 290.. i read thru the japflap version but i couldn't tell what had been changed :(

oh and btw how do you upload fanart? :D

walkie
January 04, 2006, 02:40 PM
hey guys what was the big update in 290.. i read thru the japflap version but i couldn't tell what had been changed :(

the most important update is oro's last word..."i have been seen that face any number of times" before update we were thinking he said to this another person than naruto but it seems he is referring naruto....

m0nr
January 04, 2006, 03:26 PM
the most important update is oro's last word..."i have been seen that face any number of times" before update we were thinking he said to this another person than naruto but it seems he is referring naruto....

oh yeah.. first time i read that on the un-edited one i thought he was referring to sai... but i guess this one makes more sense :)

thanks!

TGC
January 05, 2006, 12:37 PM
Orochimaru is too cool, he's way of appearing was amazing. Kishimoto really made it work with him. The next chapter should be a great one.

bebong
January 05, 2006, 05:48 PM
Oro's appearance was...freaky...It surprises me once heheheh

bebangs
January 10, 2006, 07:27 PM
so thats why kabuto was refering to sasory in third person, "spell under sasory", "Order from Sasory"
'cause he didnt know that sosory's form was really what yamato used ("henge")

he was expecting that yamato was a puppet.

when yamato pulled the kunei, that's when he knew that he was not talking to a puppet but a real person.