PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 253 Discussion/254 Prediction Thread

bax
July 15, 2007, 11:58 AM
The latest chapter is out guys!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15446)!!!

Now, fee; free to throw out your thoughts about the chapter here, discuss it!! Oh yesh, please do predict what will happened in chapter 254 too :amuse

Just remember, no spamming allowed ^^

GAT-X252
July 15, 2007, 12:16 PM
It was a good chapter..

Those Yokai are very strong(and tall), it seems that they are only playing with the vampires, and in some moment, they would try to kill them.

Their swords can cut the suit, just like the claws of Ami-Kiri, i knew that they would be powerful..XD

I wonder if Oka would fight a very good match, because these "Trio" is very bad using the Gantz swords..he would be the indicated person, to beat at last one of them.

ssjasper2003
July 15, 2007, 01:50 PM
I cant wait for a translation so I can know exactly what they are saying without trying to make it out by the pictures lol.

Im gonna say that the other 2 "sadists" will run away after seeing their buddy get sliced even with the suit on. The alien must be really strong to cut them with a sword cause even with the guns it takes a couple of hits before it looses its purpose of saving you.

GAT-X252
July 15, 2007, 02:03 PM
Not exactly..

The Gantz Suit didnt went bad, that sword can cut the suit without making it bad first..

Just like Ami-Kiri (the claws Yokai) and the Kannon of One Thousand arms(his swords..)

ssjasper2003
July 15, 2007, 02:18 PM
Thats not what I meant, I meant that even with the suit & that they got sliced up with only 1 slash proves how strong the aliens are.

Also anyone wonder why the vampires didnt get killed when they talked to the aliens? If you think about it, they are trying to stay alive( buddha mission) so why dont they just kill them instead of talking & leaving?

GAT-X252
July 15, 2007, 02:45 PM
Thats not what I meant, I meant that even with the suit & that they got sliced up with only 1 slash proves how strong the aliens are.

Oh, i see...sorry.

Maybe these two Yokai want to play a little with the vampires, That Happy Yokai is saying "Baka, Baka, Baka.." every time..XD, Baka means fool or idiot.

Or maybe they know that they are on the "Aliens" side.

ikuroi
July 15, 2007, 03:04 PM
Not much of a real conversation they having, one wants their katana and the other one calls them smelly, he tries to cut him... but i guess he cant with blondies own katana. anyway the other vampire chick doesnt understand their own action if i got it right... aww anyway, most of this are me guessing.

GAT-X252
July 15, 2007, 03:13 PM
He didnt wanted to kill the white hair vampire.

He just make a slash in the air, to test the sword..

He(the horned one) said that it was a good sword..

Captain Marmoset
July 15, 2007, 10:19 PM
I'm not surprised that the sadists are the first Osaka guys to get outmatched. Those guys are complete idiots.

Can't wait for the next couple of chapters now. If these two alien/demons are strong enough to cut through an active suit, I can't wait to see what the boss is like in action.

bumbari19
July 16, 2007, 01:01 AM
yeah, funny chapter. finally another dead gantzer!!! i guess the other two duels will be 2nd samurai vs one of the three N (N like nerd) and the other N will fight against the vampires.
though on the last picture you can see a light behind the joker (i think he looks a little like villain from batman). i didn't figure out if it was a regular street light or perhaps a sniper rifle (from nishi or mr 7 perhaps... :D). would be a cool scene.
the other thing i noted is: the samurais often repeat more then twice what they say.

kaliayev
July 16, 2007, 03:00 AM
*Sniff*

I was hoping for a little more development in this one. I don't really get the impression that the samurai yokai are as strong as they seem. The "sadists" are clearly the worst members left on the Osaka team (excluding old couple, chick with hots for Katou, and little boy). As we saw earlier, they were getting their asses kicked by the same alien that Katou took down by himself. I'm not even sure they really knew how to use the suit properly. Given their poor sword skills (if you got an extendo sword, you need to attack from a distance or actually make it difficult for your opponent to block/dodge), I'd say they didn't. They probably never had to deal with any real aliens in their previous missions since they always had time to "play" with their enemies. I'd say that the 7xer just let everyone use the bonus weapons, which made these guys especially cocky. They've also only cleared the game once, as opposed to the three time min of the rest of the Osaka team. I'd expect the rest of the Osaka team to be competent with the suits, but you never know, they could be just as inexperience as the "sadists". On that note, I'm gonna go ahead and say that most members of the Tokyo team could take that samurai yokai on in a duel, even though they work as a team.

I'm betting that host-samurai is more powerful than some of the bosses in this stage. In the oni mission, he seemed to be taunting the lightning badass, which would suggest that he was stronger than said badass. He knew exactly who Izumi was when they encountered one another after the dinosaur mission (not sure if they'll ever clear that up) and knew exactly where to strike the Gantz suits, which also makes me think he's been around the longest. Against Kei, he dodged the artificial sun light, which means he's pretty freaking fast since Kei only had to move his wrist to hit him. He also dodged/countered all the attacks that the Tokyo team used against him after Kei died. I'm also curious what role this weapon summoning power will play in the future since I doubt katanas are the only things that can grow out of their hands. Even so, I'm not really sure what the samurai aliens plan to do. My bet is that they see the vamps as temporary allies, who will help kill as many Gantzers as possible and who can be dealt with later, even though host-samurai could kick their asses.

I'm also gonna predict that the 7xer is between Kei and Izumi's skill level and that he had a hell of a lot more time in Gantz (In the end, I think that Kei accumulated 200+ points, including the deleted ones [he'd probably have closer to 300 if we included the short, winged dudes that he managed to kill], in a span of 7 or 8 missions, with very few enemies in some of them).

In terms of why, I'm going to say the Gantz is trying to illustrate something for the Gantzers. Kei was pretty much the only member of the Dinosaur-Oni Tokyo team that wanted to save as many innocents as possible. The only reason that people tried to defend Tae was because of Kei's status in the team. Meanwhile, we have the Osaka team that would just as soon kill a human as an alien, meaning they don't give a shit. The Tokyo team decides to abandon the people, and possibly Kei, with the exception of Katou. As Izumi said, Gantz is preparing for the next level of warfare, one that will publicly pit humans against aliens. In doing so, he probably wants to limit the casualties, or for the more cynical among us, he needs the strongest around. As the manga has demonstrated many times, Gantzers are their strongest when trying to defend others. Thus, he will need a team that serves to protect the people rather than douchebags with guns and serious sexual problems. Katou, the shining light of selflessness, who was able to convert Katou to a decent human being, is the man needed to create that team by combining the best elements of both teams.

2ndKurono
July 16, 2007, 06:29 AM
this chapter was aight,finnaly sadists are going down,i dont know why but i like the Vampires,but i think at the end the Vampires will kill them,cause they will get theyre points erased if there will be some left.And thats not good for them.And i think that a guy like George would kill that long dude.The Vamps have no emotions whatssoever.

In terms of why, I'm going to say the Gantz is trying to illustrate something for the Gantzers. Kei was pretty much the only member of the Dinosaur-Oni Tokyo team that wanted to save as many innocents as possible. The only reason that people tried to defend Tae was because of Kei's status in the team. Meanwhile, we have the Osaka team that would just as soon kill a human as an alien, meaning they don't give a shit. The Tokyo team decides to abandon the people, and possibly Kei, with the exception of Katou. As Izumi said, Gantz is preparing for the next level of warfare, one that will publicly pit humans against aliens. In doing so, he probably wants to limit the casualties, or for the more cynical among us, he needs the strongest around. As the manga has demonstrated many times, Gantzers are their strongest when trying to defend others. Thus, he will need a team that serves to protect the people rather than douchebags with guns and serious sexual problems. Katou, the shining light of selflessness, who was able to convert Katou to a decent human being, is the man needed to create that team by combining the best elements of both teams.

thats right and if the Tokyo team wants to go far,Katou wont do it all alone,he needs Kurono and Izumi so Gantz u should revive them.

bumbari19
July 16, 2007, 10:55 AM
lol, i've just read the scanlation. the two aliens are some real awkward freaks and they've got a funny sense of humour. they kinda remind me beavis & butthead (specially the one without horns). but their skills are not bad at all. it was a good idea to confront the three nerds instead of the vampires with the aliens. I WANT TO SEE A MASSACRE NEXT TIME, PLEEEEEEASE!!!

GAT-X252
July 16, 2007, 02:49 PM
i didn't figure out if it was a regular street light or perhaps a sniper rifle

No, is only a light, that city is full of those lights, see page 20 and you would find like 5 of them.

The last words of Susumu were pretty funny "special move.." XD..

I'd expect the rest of the Osaka team to be competent with the suits

Its the same if you are competent with the suit or not in a situation like that...those swords can cut an active suit.

Wow, what a big message.

Captain Marmoset
July 16, 2007, 04:27 PM
* I'm also curious what role this weapon summoning power will play in the future since I doubt katanas are the only things that can grow out of their hands.

They can pull out all kinds of guns, too.

You know, the more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if the vamps die on this mission. Sure these two sub bosses said they wouldn't fight them, but didn't that bigger guy say that if he sees them, they're fair game? Plus, the aliens would have to kill all of the Gantzers anyway, and the vamps are Gantzers.

warbandit66
July 16, 2007, 05:54 PM
I think that the blond vampire will die, since the female one asked him what he would feel if she died, because people are most likely to assume that gogo vamp will die first, i think after his death she will join the gantzers

TheGenius
July 17, 2007, 01:55 AM
Well...One(vamp) of them has to survive, we really hold no info on the vampires and why they're sworn enemies of the Gantzers. I think the female will die from the hands of an alien and the Host Samurai will join the cause, he is too skillfull to die(like said before).The female was simply saved from Kurono's attack because she held Akira's head, the other vamp simply danced around him, but Kei was suitless so....

The 3 sadists are lame and simply deserved to die.

bumbari19
July 17, 2007, 05:32 AM
does anybody know who the two samurais represent? i'd like to know who they are (especially the horned, one) . i've read a little the story of momotaro (one of the three nerds calls the one with the high positioned eyebrows like that) and i've also seen a few pictures of momotaro, but i don't think it's him who is represented. any kind of informations are welcome!!

kaliayev
July 17, 2007, 05:56 AM
Its the same if you are competent with the suit or not in a situation like that...those swords can cut an active suit.

I'll agree that the suit provides a great deal of protection to even a novice, but I still say that the suit can offer far better protection the more skilled you are with it. I remember several times the suit was able to defend against incredible power. For example, in the Buddha mission, Kei, while supercharging his suit, was able to block Rowdy's (or the other giant) attack and Takeshi took a lot of hits while his suit was supercharged. At the same time, Kei's arm was cut off in the same mission and several others were cut into pieces. The sniper and Kei's first "girlfriend" were both killed by the laser. This problem could be specifically related to "cutting" attacks. However, I wanna argue that the suits are more powerful than that. All of the powerful attacks that ultimately rendered the suits useless in the missions were unexpected so the victim wasn't supercharged, or the victim wasn't able to supercharge. I can't remember whether Kei was supercharged or "pumped" during the time, but on his solo mission, his arms were being ripped apart but the aliens were ultimately only to rip off that portion of the suit. I want to say that if a person were supercharged (or even just slightly charged up) during a fight against that samurai, then the sword wouldn't cut through the suit that easily. Since we've seen most of the Tokyo members supercharged at some point, one of them could defeat the samurai.

Another thing I find interesting is the fact that Osaka team displays more unity than the current Tokyo team, even though they see it as a game rather than a fight for one's life.
[hr]

Well...One(vamp) of them has to survive, we really hold no info on the vampires and why they're sworn enemies of the Gantzers. I think the female will die from the hands of an alien and the Host Samurai will join the cause, he is too skillfull to die(like said before).

I agree that host-samurai will end up joining their side, though I don't agree that she has to die for it to happen. If she did, his revenge would be satisfied by simply killing the alien responsible, rather than their entire species. There's definitely foreshadowing to the idea that the two will fall in love given that lame conversation about reactions to loss and their random flirting. Rather than having her die, I get the impression that he's gonna end up wanting to protect her. I predict that, at some point, host-samurai will be too busy to protect her himself. One of the Gantzers, preferably Katou's latest fangirl since his romantic interests seem to die tragically and because she'll want to emulate Katou, will bite the bullet for her and he'll join up to either repay the debt or help her chances of surviving the war.

grandweasel
July 17, 2007, 10:40 AM
good to see one of those guys chopped

HisshouBuraiKen
July 17, 2007, 11:41 AM
does anybody know who the two samurais represent? i'd like to know who they are (especially the horned, one) . i've read a little the story of momotaro (one of the three nerds calls the one with the high positioned eyebrows like that) and i've also seen a few pictures of momotaro, but i don't think it's him who is represented. any kind of informations are welcome!!

They don't represent anything specific, but their faces are based on Noh masks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noh

The guy (w/horns) represents the masks used for ghosts and vengeful spirits, while the "girl" (who is likely a male judging from the robe falling off; Noh actors were and are almost ALL men) simply represents a normal woman.

GAT-X252
July 17, 2007, 01:51 PM
The 3 sadists are lame and simply deserved to die.

I wonder if the S is for "Sadists" or for "Stooges"...XD

The name of that horned Yokai could be "Hannya"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannya

The soul of a tormented women, they are Noh masks like HisshouBuraiKen says..

I couldnt find the other one, because there are many Yokais who share the same face..XD

TheGenius
July 17, 2007, 08:40 PM
I wonder if the S is for "Sadists" or for "Stooges"...XD

Haha!!!

From what we've seen, Oku likes historical fictional characters. Who's next?

venola
July 18, 2007, 02:58 AM
I think the Hannya yokai looks really cool. I would like these group of yokai and vamps to kill off half of the Osaka team. There is just too many characters right now and they are all quite stereotypically arrogant. That dilutes the storytelling. Wipe them out! Yeah!

bumbari19
July 18, 2007, 07:10 AM
yeah, that's right: too many characters. but oku has already shown that he can kill one entire team in one mission (the creepy buddhist statues). now that was a crazy mission... all the old characters but kei wiped out. i can only hope he decimates them again.

ssjasper2003
July 19, 2007, 10:33 PM
Lol, sadists better get owned. Man the guys remind me of those biker gang except the leader of the gang. Total idiots thinking they are better but one gets their head blown off by nishi lol.

2ndKurono
July 20, 2007, 08:28 AM
yeah, that's right: too many characters. but oku has already shown that he can kill one entire team in one mission (the creepy buddhist statues). now that was a crazy mission... all the old characters but kei wiped out. i can only hope he decimates them again.

dont just dont,remind me that mission,it was the worst mission for me.

ssjasper2003

sadists better get owned. Man the guys remind me of those biker gang except the leader of the gang. Total idiots thinking they are better but one gets their head blown off by nishi lol.

man they dont even look like that biker gang,the Sadists are way better and smarter,and more usefull,that biker gang was ridicilous,useless,cant believe grown man beein scared and putting all da presure on Kei,but anyway he killed them and those got what they deserved anyway,but my point the groups dont look alike at all.

Captain Marmoset
July 21, 2007, 01:30 AM
The point isn't how the bikers and sadists look, the point is that they have the same attitudes. Sure they survived longer than the bikers, but that doesn't mean that they're not too overconfident. They are a waste because they view it too much as a game and not enough as a mission, and there skills are lacking compared to even the Tokyo team, besides Mr. Too Cool to Train.

bumbari19
July 21, 2007, 03:41 AM
...and there skills are lacking compared to even the Tokyo team, besides Mr. Too Cool to Train.

i think we begin to underestimate the tokyo team. i admit, the osaka team has got a lot more experience than the tokyo team. but from the actual tokyo hunters there are 4 guys who completed already once (baldy, kaze, sakata and reika) and that only partecipating in 3 missions: the kappe-dinosaur mission (with bare hands or frontal lobe for the psychics), the ring mission and the oni mission (the tae mission doesn't really count, because, honestly speaking, tae wasn't a real danger and izumi got all the points anyway). kei was a big help here because he organized and trained the group. it's not the osaka team who is stronger, it's only the fact that they're "playing the game" a few months longer than the others. in the osaka team there are only 4-5 hunters who are as strong or stronger then katou or kei. the rest hasn't shown a lot of skills till now. i mean it's not difficult to kill aliens only with the supergun or the motorcycle and make 100 points like that.

2ndKurono
July 21, 2007, 04:24 PM
^now thats true,it may even be that Tokyo is better,but they are missing two of the four strongest guys.The point is that the Tokyo team has a reason to fight while Osaka not they only go for theyre adrenaline rush while Tokyo team,fight for someone else and thats what makes them stronger.U saw waht Kurono did to the Oni boss.

and when does 254 come out?

bumbari19
July 22, 2007, 02:08 AM
it will come out on 26/7/2007

anyway i think i figured out how the second alien is called: according to this italian page it's called yasenoonna, another noh mask. but apart from the obvious fact that she's a smiling girl, nothing is revealed about her, neither she's drawn in the comic of the authors page. i'll give you the link anyway:

http://www.draconico.com/comics_hannya.htm

2ndKurono
July 22, 2007, 04:59 AM
^man whats up with?OKu is definantly realy slow and we need to complain about it,man Naruto released its best chapter and Gantz doesnt,i dont want to say this but when Gantz releases a chapter in two weeks Naruto becomes for me more intresting,and thas what i dont want to happen.Any one know how to contact Oku>?

ssjasper2003
July 22, 2007, 07:56 PM
Too bad I dont know italian, so is there any more to the masks aliens other than what ken left.

2ndkurono, oku is just lazy. Lets be glad he isnt like kishi. Ive been getting annoyed with naruto for a while now. Sasuke is just made too godlike & always pulls something to cheat death. Be glad its still coming out & its gonna be around for a while.

Yea they couldve gotten points like how cherry & sakata did with killing the raptos in the kappe alien mission. They killed the smaller asians & got points & maybe left the boss to the other better gantzers.

Sheard
July 23, 2007, 12:46 AM
^ I do agree with you there that the Tokyo team probably should leave the boss to the Osaka team. Sure they have Katou, but they have him at the loss of both Koruno and Izumi.

It's already been shown that missions cannot be soloed and one super strong person cannot carry the entire weight of a mission on his back. Koruno, who is argueably stronger than Katou, couldn't solo a mission thus I see no reason to think that Katou or anyone else currently alive on the Tokyo team would have much chance if completely on their own either.

Also I do think that despite Sakata's comments about not reviving anyone, I do think that they're going to need to revive Koruno. There's something about Koruno that makes weak characters like the old man and Reika stronger, and both argueably would have died during their first mission if not for him. But it's going to be awile before we see him again because they'll need to survive the mission first, and someone that would be willing to revive over their own freedom needs to make it to 100 points... so I'm guessing that there's going to be at least one more mission. (Fortunately I can think of several characters that would go for a revive over freedom, so crossing my fingers that they manage to hold out.)

midiman
July 23, 2007, 01:16 PM
I think next mission we will see how those sadistics(Tick,Trick and Track) get their ass kicked and how Osaka team goes on fighting the remaining aliens (Samurais and Leaders pherhaps Vampires too).
In the End of the Chapter we will see that Osaka team is helpless against those strong enemies and we will see for the first time that osaka fighter who got 100 points 7times.

TheGenius
July 23, 2007, 02:02 PM
Can't wait for Oku....I kinda think he's a little better than Nishi, in a way that he has good will. I'm starting to think that Hakirou has made him to his image. They share the same first name and he likes to take real life characters...My theory anyways...

Most of the Osaka team are simply fillers!!!

worawat
July 24, 2007, 08:44 AM
For me it looks like the Osaka team will be the victim of the host-samurai guys and vamp guys and Tokyo Gantz team will act and kill the host-samurai and mayby able to take out vamp to. The osaka gantz team didnt want tokyo gantz team to intfere with theirs prey and looks like they going to get what they deserve because they are underastimating and play to much.

midiman
July 25, 2007, 12:01 PM
Yes but even so i think they should have at least 4 people on kuronos level in their team even if they don't have the desire to live and to help on the level of kurono

Sheard
July 25, 2007, 01:21 PM
Most of the Osaka team are simply fillers!!!

Even though they've hit 100 points multiple times, I'm thinking cannon fodder.

TheGenius
July 26, 2007, 01:34 PM
Cannon fodder was a great game!(haha...)

I wonder why he made that arc so long though, it tool 5 chapters to get to an actual talk with the aliens, and to know that the vampires are against Gantzers... I really wonder what he is cooking.

silentbob23
July 26, 2007, 07:35 PM
i found a page where they tell the chapter and they have 1 pic, dunno if i can post it though, tell me if i can and i will :D

Muddtoad
July 26, 2007, 11:44 PM
^man whats up with?OKu is definantly realy slow and we need to complain about it,man Naruto released its best chapter and Gantz doesnt,i dont want to say this but when Gantz releases a chapter in two weeks Naruto becomes for me more intresting,and thas what i dont want to happen.Any one know how to contact Oku>?

What are you thinking? Oku is not slow by any means, in fact he's pretty fast in my opinion. Two weeks is not that long of a time. Some other Mangas take months and the authors take long hiatus breaks as well. There is a clear difference between the works of Gantz and Naruto.

I'd rather Oku take a week and produce a vivid and highly detailed chapter than quickly spam out some undetailed one. Character development, great storytelling, and attention to detail cannot be rushed. If you rush something great, you will ruin it. Your complaining would only make the situation worse as well. Email Oku and the time it takes him to read it, he could be drawing Gantz! Haha. On top of that it would only make him mad. He's taking the time to GIVE YOU his work, so don't complain about it. You should cherish every bit you recieve. Don't bite the hand that feeds you...you're getting Gantz free by the way.... Anyways patience is a virtue. So relax, read some other manga in between releases. Find some hobbies or something, but please don't complain about slow releases. It's panful, but worth it when you get the release in the end. :)

2ndKurono
July 27, 2007, 01:35 AM
What are you thinking? Oku is not slow by any means, in fact he's pretty fast in my opinion. Two weeks is not that long of a time. Some other Mangas take months and the authors take long hiatus breaks as well. There is a clear difference between the works of Gantz and Naruto.

what i am thinkin?well im thinkin this that i cant wait for months,or two weeks for one chapter to come out,thats kinda ridicilous,like he does,i dont know what he does,but lookin how Kishi is makin in everyweek almost,i dont hate Gantz,its my fav manga and anime but this is the one reason that pisses me off.

a_nevels666
July 27, 2007, 08:05 AM
what i am thinkin?well im thinkin this that i cant wait for months,or two weeks for one chapter to come out,thats kinda ridicilous,like he does,i dont know what he does,but lookin how Kishi is makin in everyweek almost,i dont hate Gantz,its my fav manga and anime but this is the one reason that pisses me off.

Naruto can come out as fast as it does, because the art isn't very detailed and the story is shallow.
Quality takes time. That why most of the better manga series come out at a slower pace.

It's not like your sitting on a chair doing nothing waiting for a new chapter to release. Just go read other manga in the mean time if you're bored.

unal34
July 27, 2007, 12:04 PM
when 254 chapter will come? *,..,*

Uruner Red
July 27, 2007, 12:18 PM
and when does 254 come out?

it is allredy out but someone has to scan it ....

by the way ... i think that couse vamps are humans infected with nano mahines, wich change body but not mind Gantz ball is still considering them same as rest of gantz team. This would explain why there weren't any missions to sliminate them.

"Momotaro" aliens and vamps will kill both remaining S guys, with boldy finished by vamps. Next Osaka girls will apear with one of stronger ones ex. Junky boy, "Black heroe" or Sexist.
Gues someone will find out that vamps are with tokyo team in the mean time "Glassed ESP boy" will apear somwere near them , and get killed by Osaka wich will stir up Tokyo guys.

Guess mission when mission end's there will be aditional points for Osaka gantzers ;p

Sheard
July 27, 2007, 12:38 PM
I share a lot of Muddtoad's opinion here. (The post isn't that far above this one.) Writing an email to Oku just to complain that he's taking too long will just piss him off, especially for those of us who don't read Japanese and are in countries where the first volume hasn't even been published yet.

If you look at Bleach in comparison - The art is nice in the beginning but it starts to get bad at some point. I mean bad to the point of looking like rough sketches or scribbles. It's very disappointing to look at and makes me not want to read that series knowing the way the art is going to go.

Part of what makes GANTZ so great is it's art, and I'd perfer that Oku take his time to maintain a high level of quality and not do a rush job just to toss something out fast.

TheGenius
July 27, 2007, 07:00 PM

Doing manga is quite complicated and his process is even more.
He has to write the story.
He as do do all characters in ruff.
Then do them in CG.
Then do all the background in CG.
After redraw characters over the CG.

Kinda long!

2ndKurono
July 28, 2007, 03:06 AM
yeah,yeah for us it would be hard but for him it shouldnt i think.How much manga does Oku does,as far i know he has two Gantz and Blame.And i dont think he does the manga alone in his bedroom.

Muddtoad
July 28, 2007, 04:53 AM
Oku did not make Blame....He currently works on two Mangas: Me-teru no Kimochi and Gantz. He's completed two other series as well. He does have help with the CG work, but in all, he still does A LOT of work. The amount of detail included in drawing the backgrounds and lively environments he makes takes the most time. It's hard to make drawings come to life like Oku can. Rushing it would taint the quality of his drawings.

Also you have to think of "unforseen" circumstances. It may not always be Oku's fault for a delayed release. Each chapter is released in a magazine. So it may very well be Oku completes his chapter but is a day past the deadline given by the magzine and they don't publish it. So we wait an extra week even though Oku is done. Or maybe they have a full release that week and choose not to publish it? There are so many unforseen things that may happen. Maybe someone doing the CG screwed up which might cause missing a deadline. It's easy to blame Oku, but it may not always be his fault.

Even if it is always his fault....it is worth the wait. I just hope that he never quits making Gantz or makes an abrupt ending to finish off the series. Be glad of what he has created and that he is still making it. Keep in mind Mangakas are usually older and have a family and life of their own. So don't blame them for not appeasing you. Thank them, not insult them.

xi0
July 28, 2007, 05:05 AM
Nihei Tsutomu created BLAME! not Oku.

Remember this is a discussion/prediction thread, not an agony thread, nor is it a Naruto vs Gantz or Bleach vs Gantz thread.

Please remember this or the thread will have to be locked.

alxmon
July 28, 2007, 05:18 PM
it will come out on 26/7/2007

anyway i think i figured out how the second alien is called: according to this italian page it's called yasenoonna, another noh mask. but apart from the obvious fact that she's a smiling girl, nothing is revealed about her, neither she's drawn in the comic of the authors page. i'll give you the link anyway:

http://www.draconico.com/comics_hannya.htm

hi guys:) this is the full translation of the page, enjoy:

picture: 3 japanese mask which are well known to the west: yasenoonna(smiling girl), han`nya(female demon), military samurai mask.

"Yugen no`" , which means no` of the dream, is a traditional japanese drama full of symbolisms and acted with rich costumes and wonderfully characterized mask.
"Han'nya" is the name for the mask of the avenging female spirit.
But "Han'nya" is even the name for the sutra buddhist of the heart. tricks of a fascinating language like the japanese one.
This manga is a tribute to the theater No`, It remembers of it the structure and the theme: the monk journey, the meeting with a village native telling the story of the place, the demon revelation(climax), the demon-spirit redemption through the monk pity.
Every drama "Yugen No`" ends with the monk awakening asking himself if what he witnessed was real or just a dream.

Han'nya" is realized in graphite, paged up with CG, created during my FABBRIC stage.
I hope i was able to infuse the atmosphere of dreams that this ancient japanese theatrical art creates!

intresting well done who found it!

gantz get released really slow but i wouldn t trade quality for quicker realease! it s the best manga out at the mo`!

Captain Marmoset
July 28, 2007, 07:20 PM
gantz get released really slow but i wouldn t trade quality for quicker realease! it s the best manga out at the mo`!

Yeah, but I wish that there was more content. some of the chapters seem to just be filler until he figures out what happens next.

By the way, has anyone started scanning yet?

TheGenius
July 29, 2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, but I wish that there was more content. some of the chapters seem to just be filler until he figures out what happens next.

By the way, has anyone started scanning yet?

Yah, since the arrest in Japan, it has been longer, before we use to have it before it realeased! It scared them I think.

Well fillers are a important part of manga, even Monster had some!(movie got picked up by New Line but this is not the right thread! oups...) Fillers help deepen some characters or provide comic relief in a very stressful manga that Gantz is. Don't you guys think so? Also in Gantz it helps get rid of unwanted characters such as, Tae(despised her), the 3 sadists and many other...

Captain Marmoset
July 29, 2007, 10:11 PM
That's not exactly what I meant. I meant that the last one seemed knid of useless. There wasn't really anything new that happened and there wasn't any action until the very end. I know that filler usually helps flesh out characters and try to progress the story, but this one was lacking a lot. What were we supposed to find out? Aliens act weird? The blonde vampire is pretty much emotionless? How is any of that new information to the storyline? The only thing that really progressed it was when the sadists started fighting. It showed that the next one will have more action, hopefully.

TheGenius
July 30, 2007, 11:26 AM
The blonde vampire is pretty much emotionless? How is any of that new information to the storyline? The only thing that really progressed it was when the sadists started fighting. It showed that the next one will have more action, hopefully.

I see, I understand your point.
The only fillers that really kills me are in anime, that makes me sick! All that production money wasted!(even though it's necessary...)

Hope so, we're supposed to have news of 254 pretty soon.But he could easily switch the plot line back to Tokyo team!(To keep the very funny suspense of the 3S dying!) That would be a little more interesting also, we know that the 3S will die why waste our time no?
[hr]

hi guys:) gantz get released really slow but i wouldn t trade quality for quicker realease! it s the best manga out at the mo`!

Hey alxmon nice to see that you'ved joined the bigger thread! Thanks for the italian translation!!

GAT-X252
July 30, 2007, 12:27 PM
Well, you can see the Spoilers XD.

I dont recommend you to do that, but if you cant wait longer.

Its very bad that we have to wait so many days, i remember the days when the chapters went out even before thursday.

But well...we cant do anything, just wait..