PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Sket Dance by Shinohara Kenta

Pages : [1] 2

Nami
July 16, 2007, 09:33 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/pandoraliz/MH/Couv-2.jpg

This is a new series of comedy-school life genre that debuted in WSJ this week, by Shinohara Kenta. Story is about a group of couple of high-schoolers from the club 'Sket Dance' who help out people as part of their club activity.
(taken from Manga-updates)

To find out more, read Chap 1 (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15401)from the R/T/S sections!

------------------------------------------------

Now, you can talk about what you think about this series, and do you think is the story going to head towards which direction? :amuse

barbapapa
July 16, 2007, 09:41 PM
I think it'll be cases of, at most, a few chapters. The first chapter was very detective-like, so I'm thinking a laid back, fun version of Neuro. I hope this manga doesn't get the need to go all "epic" on us. I've had enough manga like that, and would like to read something more mellowed out once in a while.

Funny first chapter btw, Switch and his net-speak/Jump references.
We'll see how creative the author is, and if he manages to keep churning out enjoyable scenarios.

Naota
July 16, 2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah I really liked Switch and his Jump references. I haven't see much of that in manga nowadays.

Ramza
July 16, 2007, 11:40 PM
the first chap is quite enjoyable, i wonder if a plot will develop

Maxy Barnard
July 17, 2007, 03:12 AM
I'm not sure waht t osay about it. outside of HELLS YEAH! How awesome is this? I see this having lifespan to it if it maintains this level of quality, without a tsukai style cockup of seriousish arcs.

lommm
July 17, 2007, 05:03 AM
i like the art style. i will check this out and see if the story grabs me or not. it's not my usual kind of series to read though.

cnet128
July 17, 2007, 07:51 AM
This is new territory for me, too... I've never really even read a series like this before, never mind translated one ^^; Probably the closest I've come to anything like this was watching the Suzumiya Haruhi anime... or the school-life sections of things like Code Geass.

For that reason, I'm not entirely sure my translation skills will be up to the job; I'm unsure whether to keep translating this one. However, I certainly enjoyed the first chapter, so I'm hoping to have a good go at it!

And yes, Switch is clearly the ultimate awesome.

Maxy Barnard
July 17, 2007, 12:47 PM
oh please keep going cnet128! this series is too good to be untranslated :D

i like bossun! he's so funny, but somehow warmhearted

Koen
July 17, 2007, 04:58 PM
yes this serie seems cool cnet. But I can't disagree with cnet that he must like the serie to translate it. I owned a scan group, and to scan you need a translator that's interested in the manga. So let's wait and see what the serie will give, but sket dance got a good start like belmonde le visiteur

Maxy Barnard
July 17, 2007, 05:14 PM
well by no means would i suggest ANYONE to translate or even scanlate something they don't like themselves, as that's unwise. but i have a level of faith that sket dance should be able to keep people interested. i hope

ryusuke_
July 19, 2007, 11:10 AM
I did expect more from this new series, but I have to say it's funny. Atm I prefer reading Sket Dance than Belomde :P

We'll have to give them more time to see how their stories grow.

Ramza
July 30, 2007, 09:34 PM
i really enjoy the comedies from this manga XD

Koen
July 31, 2007, 11:00 AM
Chapter two was way better than 1. I laughed a lot, the face of monkey when takes that breast. The bunjee jump, the end where the teacher throws as a pussy but the bomb goes off,... everything was so good!!!

Ramza
August 03, 2007, 02:01 AM
lol switch is jokes XD

btw is that pedobear on page 9 from ch3? LOL

cnet128
August 03, 2007, 02:52 AM
I daresay it's Kuma, the character from 2ch that Pedobear was modelled on.

Maxy Barnard
August 03, 2007, 07:04 AM
brilliant 3rd chapter. my love for sket just keeps growing.

and i have a feeling that switch may find some sort of twisted comedic love with the occult gal

Koen
August 03, 2007, 07:47 AM
brilliant 3rd chapter. my love for sket just keeps growing.

and i have a feeling that switch may find some sort of twisted comedic love with the occult gal

yes it's good and I think there'll come long running arcs later on.

Wouldn't be suprised if sket dance will get new members later on too

Really looking forward to more

Maxy Barnard
August 03, 2007, 01:50 PM
AGREED! but character development doesn't hurt, so i encourage more!

Maxy Barnard
August 03, 2007, 05:51 PM
well i just want there to be some more development of the sket dan, there supervisor and occult lady for the next three to five chapters. thatll be good before anyone permanently new. outside of some sorta negative character to screw them over.

barbapapa
August 03, 2007, 06:06 PM
I like this manga how it is, screw arcs. :P

Koen
August 12, 2007, 03:56 AM
I like this manga how it is, screw arcs. :P

At the moment okay, but can a manga survive on one chapter's based stories? Well reborn did for a long time but is doing long arcs. I can't sey for sure but I think maison de penguin was something like that too.

I am suprised how these short stories are well done. Hello. Would it be easy to make such good short stories in let us say 17-19 pages average? Well I don't think so, but at the moment all those stories were indeed wise (damned, belgian dialect translation: wanna say funny :D).

Do you really hate arcs?

Maxy Barnard
August 12, 2007, 04:07 AM
to love ru had great popularity at times. and shit at others. and that doesn't even knoiw what an arc IS!

but i can imagine some good multiple chapter storys for the sket dan

barbapapa
August 12, 2007, 10:08 AM
I don't hate arcs, but I don't think Sket Dance has any use for them. At the most maybe longer stories, but "arc" means like 5-10 volumes. Which would suck all the fun out of this.

Anyway, the 4th chapter wasn't that great; but still sorta witty with the frisk mints xD

Koen
August 12, 2007, 01:47 PM
I don't hate arcs, but I don't think Sket Dance has any use for them. At the most maybe longer stories, but "arc" means like 5-10 volumes. Which would suck all the fun out of this.

Anyway, the 4th chapter wasn't that great; but still sorta witty with the frisk mints xD

true a long 3-4 chapter story would be good. But imo the fourth chapter was better than the third chapter. But that's just opinions.

For me the monkey chap is still the best one :D

Crude
August 25, 2007, 05:12 PM
New manga like this really interest me. Imagine how it could end up (short stories or long arcs?). Chapter 5 looks like the first sign of plot, at least for a small arc.

Koen
August 26, 2007, 03:19 AM
New manga like this really interest me. Imagine how it could end up (short stories or long arcs?). Chapter 5 looks like the first sign of plot, at least for a small arc.

Yes indeed though I expect it to end next chapter or the chapter after that. I wonder if there is some history between those girls

Crude
September 14, 2007, 11:49 AM
Well I just finished reading chapter 8. It was good. Does anyone think the story will continue next week or will the manga explore the story after?

barbapapa
September 16, 2007, 06:05 PM
What's funny is that "sket" is a Caribbean term for a super ho.

Bomber D Rufi
October 25, 2007, 09:27 PM
That is kinda ironic XD This seems like Gintama in very many ways. I (read) LOVE Gintama but its one weakness is that unless you're somewhat versed in the ways of the Samurai its sort of hard to identify with the characters. (You don't have to be an Edo expert, but it helps to know a little.) However Sket dance seems to cover that weakness with gutso. Seriously if this and Gintama can keep running in jump for a long time, i won't be so disapointed to look at the magazine.

Maxy Barnard
October 26, 2007, 06:49 AM
this is my new 'p2' (as in it's failing horrifically, is brilliant, and needs recognition), and i'm hoping this week's TOC (with it halfway) is a sign of good things to come, as what p2 also did. the underdog's sometimes pull through, and this really deserves it

and yeah, this lives and weekly jump will be less shameful for me. originality performed well is rare.

ungu888
November 05, 2007, 04:08 AM
No one translate chapter 15 and 16..

Hiks.. Hiks...

Crude
November 07, 2007, 11:47 AM
Has anyone got the volume cover picture?

EDIT: Just found this:http://books.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/search/syousai_put.cgi?isbn_cd=978-4-08-874463-6&mode=1

Wish I had a bigger image.

cnet128
November 08, 2007, 05:58 AM
Just checked out Amazon, and they have a bigger image (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oG6Aly-GL._SS500_.jpg).

...It's pretty :smile-big

Crude
November 24, 2007, 12:15 PM
Just read chapter 18. It was a weird one...

I'm also really interested in how the series is going to turn out. Will there be bigger and more serious cases? Fights maybe?

IndigoSkies
December 14, 2007, 12:09 PM
My copy of the first volume arrived yesterday, and so I scanned the front/side/back along with the inside flap with a comment by the author. I wish I could scan the extra stuff (the author also has a comment page for each chapter, plus there's a page that shows the layout of the Sket-dan clubroom and a profile for Bossun) but I don't really know how to scan those without actually taking apart the book, which I don't want to do.
Here's the cover:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/StarPrincessLita/fa296b62.jpg

Maxy Barnard
December 14, 2007, 02:40 PM
this is still and will hopefully stay my favourite shonen jump series. and the author pic is hilarious!

Crude
December 14, 2007, 03:19 PM
Chapter 21 Discussion

Wow... That chapter really surprised me at the end. I really wasn't expecting something like that. Can't wait to see how things turn out.

Bomber D Rufi
December 22, 2007, 02:36 PM
According to Japanese Wikipedia, the artist for Sket dance Shinohara Kenta used to be an assistant to Sorachi Hideaki (Gintama) himself! No wonder they both share the same sense of humor! This also totally makes me understand the Gintama vibes I get from this series.

barbapapa
December 26, 2007, 01:04 PM
I put up some volume zips on my Mediafire account:
Volume 1 (http://www.mediafire.com/?63zzvh1jr4j)
Volume 2 (http://www.mediafire.com/?2b33mmctmjz)

READ IT! if you haven't already.

adachi2
December 26, 2007, 05:32 PM
uuuoohhh thak you barbapapa :3

Crude
January 03, 2008, 02:29 PM
Volume 2 cover:

http://books.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/search/syousai_put.cgi

pirate-hitman:L
January 03, 2008, 09:32 PM
That link doesn't work, but this one does:
http://books.shueisha.co.jp/search/book_image/978-4-08-874470-4.jpg

I love Sket Dance! I hope someone scanlates chapter 22 soon!

Maxy Barnard
January 04, 2008, 08:52 AM
that's beyond adorable!

xi0
February 27, 2008, 04:58 PM
I thought the lastest chapter (30) was really good. There's some clear sexual tension between Daisy and Switch. :rofl

barbapapa
February 27, 2008, 06:02 PM
I'm not digging this little tournament thingy to be honest. Too much typical Jump-fare, less atypical mocking of just that.
Not that they're bad, just not my favorite.

xi0
February 27, 2008, 06:10 PM
I'm not digging this little tournament thingy to be honest. Too much typical Jump-fare, less atypical mocking of just that.
Not that they're bad, just not my favorite.

Well it is a longer storyline than what we've usually seen in Sket Dance, but I don't take it as anything more than the usually goofy, light-hearted fare.

barbapapa
February 28, 2008, 09:38 AM
I guess these chapters just didn't make me smirk as much as usual, is all :P

Crude
March 02, 2008, 08:02 AM
I'm actually liking this arc a lot. I'm glad that the matches didn't end up as cell-phone games which I suspected.

March 02, 2008, 10:00 AM
I think it's nice, and we get to see Roman again!

Crude
March 12, 2008, 04:07 PM
Man these last two chapters were great! Switch's match was pretty exciting and I loved how Roman changed the art style to something you'd find in a shoujo manga!

barbapapa
March 12, 2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I quite liked the Roman chapters, too.
Great and nonsensical.

xi0
March 13, 2008, 01:56 AM
I think it's pretty predictable what will happen. Agata will let Bossun win the final match because he's disgusted with the "Old Man".

This arc had it's moments with the Switch-Daisy match and this latest chapter, but overall I think it needs to return to the Gintama-esque pace.

cnet128
March 13, 2008, 10:17 AM
Agata will let Bossun win? I admit there's that possibility, but personally that's not how I see it playing out. For all that Agata can seem like a "nice-guy", I'd say he's far from an altruist. We've never really seen him take an active role in things before, but I get the impression he could be a rather... dangerous opponent. I'd say he's taking this showdown with Bossun seriously, if nothing else.

I suspect if Agata does let Bossun win, it will be only after driving him into a corner and making it painfully clear who the real winner of the match was.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong. Agata's difficult to read.

Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to seeing Agata finally play a central role instead of just hanging by the sidelines. This final should be an interesting match. (Even if it will have a hard time outdoing the sheer epicness that is Roman :smile-big)

nxlouco
April 09, 2008, 08:47 PM
So i guess in the end all of the predictions were somewhat wrong, now lets see how we are gonna start the adventure after the "games".

kazuma_uzumaki
April 10, 2008, 12:27 AM
too bad it's over D:

i really liked the switch.

Loved the chapter when the aspiring manga ka came.

What skill do you have?

I have the power to concentrate really hard ! :D

nxlouco
April 10, 2008, 01:40 PM
hehe yeah that was funny, hope Shinohara Kenta will come up with more funny, and interesting chapters

Crude
April 10, 2008, 03:37 PM
New volume cover's out by the way. Not really as good as the others in my opinion.
http://books.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/search/syousai_put.cgi?isbn_cd=978-4-08-874504-6&mode=1

nxlouco
April 11, 2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah I agree, the previous ones were a bit cooler...

Maxy Barnard
April 14, 2008, 05:04 AM
I think the covers can't really match up to the awesomeness of just about every colour page it's had, especially the latest, of our two precious onihimes

cnet128
April 14, 2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah, the latest colour page was epic win.

Although the chibi goodness in the chapter itself threatened to outdo it XD

nxlouco
April 14, 2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah!! hehehe, Also 27 year old Onihimes were hot!! XDDDDD

xi0
April 14, 2008, 02:36 PM
WOW, chapter 36 was pretty funny. I feel we're returning back to what Sket Dance was prior to the Gachinko Vivage battle.

Maxy Barnard
April 14, 2008, 03:09 PM
I gotta say i liked it a lot, even if it ended unexpectedly.

xi0
April 15, 2008, 01:36 PM
I gotta say i liked it a lot, even if it ended unexpectedly.

It was interesting, but I felt it got the series away from it's episodic nature. I still found my self amused by it, but it wasn't as fun to read it.

barbapapa
April 15, 2008, 05:27 PM
Agreed. It had some good moments, but the first mini-arc of Sket Dance wasn't a complete success. Here's hoping the next one is better.

xi0
April 15, 2008, 10:09 PM
Agreed. It had some good moments, but the first mini-arc of Sket Dance wasn't a complete success. Here's hoping the next one is better.

Yeah I remembered you had this sentiment earlier, and your comments had an impression on me. I realized that you were right...the series so far has been best as single chapters, or maybe two.

nxlouco
April 19, 2008, 09:46 AM
I know it was a bit delayed but how was chapter 37, i found it nice :)

Crude
April 19, 2008, 01:39 PM
Chapters 35 and 36 were great! Man I loved the scene where Dante says his name is Fallen Angel! The looks on Bossun and Himeko's faces were great!

By the way, I was wondering if anyone could post larger versions of the volume covers.

xi0
April 20, 2008, 05:36 PM
I know it was a bit delayed but how was chapter 37, i found it nice :)

I found it a bit of a retread of the Bossun chapter, but it still had funny parts. Although, the 27 year old version of Momoka and Himeka were interesting ;)

Although, I don't know why aging would cause their hair to change color....

barbapapa
April 20, 2008, 07:30 PM
No Japanese person has blonde hair, think about it.
Dying your hair is okay for high school kids, but they probably grew out of it in their late 20's. ;p

nxlouco
April 22, 2008, 11:04 AM
so how was the new take on Momotarou, hehe..... OG-3, Upstream...

cnet128
April 22, 2008, 11:57 AM
It was... odd, that's for sure :p

Classic Sket Dance weirdness.

nxlouco
April 22, 2008, 05:16 PM
Yup, maybe well get back to nice old Sket Dance ODD comedy...

barbapapa
April 22, 2008, 06:45 PM
I want more chapters like the ninja one. That one was crack of the purest kind.

nxlouco
May 10, 2008, 11:39 AM
I want more chapters like the ninja one. That one was crack of the purest kind.

Yeah, that one was really awesome, maybe a shinigami one, with zanpakutōs would be next ? LOL
[hr]
Bumping this thread XDD
With a nice spoilerHimeko is one of the greatest Baseball Pitchers ever from the recent chapter.....

Also chapter 39 should be out soon, I think....

siljemarie
June 08, 2008, 02:14 PM
By the way, I was wondering if anyone could post larger versions of the volume covers.

A little bit late (OK, very late), but I scanned the covers of my two volumes (number three still in the mail).

Volume 1 cover (http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/siljemariestrom/Sket%20Dance/covervol1.jpg)
Inside-flap-thingy (http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/siljemariestrom/Sket%20Dance/insideflap.jpg)
Volume 2 cover (http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/siljemariestrom/Sket%20Dance/covervol2.jpg)

I'll scan and upload the cover for volume 3 when I get it too. :P

Also got a photobucket-gallery of all the color pages from Sket Dance so far, if anyone is interested... Over here. (http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/siljemariestrom/Sket%20Dance/)

Crude
June 10, 2008, 04:31 PM
These past chapters have been incredible...

At first I didn't pay much attention to the brothers' names, thinking that Kazuyoshi was "Sket Dan Switch's" older brother. I just hope this fact wasn't obvious to other readers.

barbapapa
June 10, 2008, 04:47 PM
I'm still on the fence about the over-dramaticness of these chapters.

cnet128
June 11, 2008, 05:03 AM
These past chapters have been incredible...

At first I didn't pay much attention to the brothers' names, thinking that Kazuyoshi was "Sket Dan Switch's" older brother. I just hope this fact wasn't obvious to other readers.Oh, no, they completely pulled a fast one on us there. The brothers' actual names were only mentioned once over the entirety of the first two chapters - right at the beginning when their mother addressed both of them. I was labelling the older brother as Masafumi in my translations for two chapters before the big reveal. It was a brilliant twist.

June 14, 2008, 12:29 AM
I cried in the chapter with Masafumi's funeral. I teared up the entire time.

nxlouco
June 14, 2008, 12:59 PM
xD Well Chapter 45 seems like it'll be hilarious!!

siljemarie
June 22, 2008, 08:51 AM
xD Well Chapter 45 seems like it'll be hilarious!!

Chapter 46 too! ^_^ Typical Sket Dance humor...

Also, I scanned the cover from volume 3. (http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/siljemariestrom/Sket%20Dance/covervol3.jpg)

Inkovic
June 27, 2008, 09:29 PM
wow a very good gag manga like this one totally pulled a fast one on us with the dramatic background of switch.

I haven't been this shocked in a manga's change of direction since reading Bowling King.

Crude
July 31, 2008, 08:49 PM
Been a while. Here's volume 4 cover (which has been out for quite some time):

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/3748/51fpi60g2bqlss500ho1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Anyway, the real reason I've made this post is so that I could ask what ever happened to the scans. The scans left off during a big cliffhanger and I really want to know what happens next. Are there any other scanlation groups working on the series?

Maxy Barnard
July 31, 2008, 09:14 PM
cnet took a break from translating i think to get them done in bulk. they're now translated up to 49. not sure if they've been scanlated yet, but..... siljemarie was doing the scans previously. Whether that'll continue is up to her i guess. hopefully she'll say :D

siljemarie
August 09, 2008, 07:13 PM
We (SIN-Scans) are still doing it, yup. We'll release 45-49 in one batch, but we're just waiting for one of the guys to finish his pages for 49... then it will be out. Sorry about the wait people!

Sexy Randal 105
August 09, 2008, 09:11 PM
Okay, quick question due to the fact that I have not been following Sket Dance much...

Is there actually an ongoing story, or is it mostly just Day-to-day comedy?

Crude
August 10, 2008, 08:59 AM
While there are stand-alone chapters, there's also a few arcs, one of them being about Switch's past.

Maxy Barnard
August 10, 2008, 02:43 PM
and the new chapters are out! totally worth the wait!

nxlouco
August 12, 2008, 03:17 PM
and the new chapters are out! totally worth the wait!

Blame The Wait On Me............... Im The "One Of The Guys Who Needed To Finish His Pages for Basically all chapters......." Hope The Quality Was Nice For The Wait

Maxy Barnard
August 12, 2008, 03:25 PM
The wait is never a problem, just getting them is nice enough. It's so easy for series t oget abandoned when the popularity starts fading (admittedly in this case its the popularity in japan as opposed to on here)

Crude
October 19, 2008, 10:39 AM
So I just finished reading chapter 51 and was looking for the song Bossun, Himeko and Switch played. I found this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T_pMtX5hV-4

The song is Funny Bunny by The Pillows.

Maxy Barnard
October 19, 2008, 10:43 AM
clever find! who knows, perhaps it's a good indication of how awesome an anime would be XD

cnet128
October 19, 2008, 10:44 AM
Ahh, I had a link to the song in my translation, but that one's much more awesome ^^ I'll just go switch the link around...

Maxy Barnard
October 19, 2008, 10:49 AM
anyway, in an attempt to reinvigorate this i figure i'll make some sket observations:

-the latest arc climaxed fantastically and has made the more serious segments more welcome to me once again

-where will it go now with the next chapter preview bringing it back ot present day? more shenanigans? :D

- and the popularity contest, who's your favourite? mine of course is still bossun, with him staying near the top of my favourite manga characters of all time!

cnet128
October 19, 2008, 10:53 AM
Eh, Bossun's all right, but Switch kicks his ass, and the collective asses of pretty much any other character, ever.

Maxy Barnard
October 19, 2008, 12:24 PM
I dunno, maybe i see Switch as overrated. I mean his backstory's AMAZING and he has some good jokes going, but he just doesn't entertain me as much as Bossun and his self deprecating stylings :D

Crude
October 20, 2008, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking the series is getting popular in Japan. I was watching the Funny Bunny clip and found these Sket Dance flash vids:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0AV6Nt1ezc0&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cuIzQnG8xHo&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aA6VwZV9y08&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5T8XT2Nfhzg&feature=related

shinigamikender
October 21, 2008, 11:05 AM
Bossun was my first favorite character and, I admit, he never really gets old.

But, my fondness has always been for the student council, especially Tsubaki. I'm hoping that now that the flashback arc is over, we'll be seeing a little more of them.

siljemarie
October 23, 2008, 07:50 AM
Yes, I think Switch is awesome as well, but Bossun is still my favorite. And I love Roman!

nxlouco
December 01, 2008, 07:51 AM
xD anyone else a bit surprised that switch didn't win the popularity poll?

Maxy Barnard
December 01, 2008, 12:59 PM
i'm kinda surprised no-one's posted up the popularity standings here yet.... bah i'll look at the raw XD

nxlouco
December 01, 2008, 04:38 PM
Don't really know jap so I'll just post top 10 from what I know:

1st- Bossun
2nd- Switch
3rd- Himeko
4th- Roman
5th- Bossun Drawn By Roman ?
6th- Tsubaki
7th- Agata
8th- Momoka
9th- Shinzou
10th- Dante

Maxy Barnard
December 02, 2008, 07:49 AM
Wow, that's an unexpected lineup if i've ever seen one.

BOSSUUUUUUUUUUN!!! is always nice to see doing well, but the appearance of Dante caught me off guard. hella pleasing if nothing else

shinigamikender
December 06, 2008, 03:28 PM
The first fifteen are:

1. Bossun
2. Switch
3. Himeko
4. Roman
5. Bossun (as drawn by Switch)
6. Tsubaki
7. Agata
8. Momoka
9. Shinzou
10. Dante
11. Daisy
12. Yabasawa-san
13. Captain
14. Chuu-san
15. Mimorin

I loved how the entire chapter was built around the poll results, though. I really wish more series had the chance to do that.

Maxy Barnard
December 06, 2008, 04:59 PM
well that's one of the great things abotu sket dance. it really doesn't seem to care about what the in thing is (outside of the weak tourney arc) and kenta just does whatever he feels like week by week a lot of the time it seems. the amount of passion behind the sorta one off chapter style just makes for a better manga than most

Crude
January 10, 2009, 08:59 AM
Ok so the scans have gone up to chapter 62, which was the last chapter to be translated. I'm really impressed with this series. It continues to get better and better as seen in this last arc. I think the only thing I disliked was that Aa-chan's appearance at the end was too soon. It'd been much better if she'd see Himeko after they left the park. I really can't wait to see how Switch ended up joining the Sket Dan. The hand coming from his window could have been Bossun, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I really hope we'll get some translations soon. Sin-scans have been on a roll lately, releasing a chapter every day since chapter 56 got scanlated by someone else (forgot his/her name).

Monte
February 16, 2009, 06:13 AM
I think the only thing I disliked was that Aa-chan's appearance at the end was too soon. It'd been much better if she'd see Himeko after they left the park.

Really, just after all that reminisce and stuff that Aa(wtf is up with that name?) girl just pops out ? Yea that was so much manga-like and lame in a way.

It'd been much better if she'd see Himeko after they left the park.

Yep, it'd actually be the ... same ? I think that Aa(really, wtf is up with that name?!) girl shouldn't even show up but whatever i don't really care about fictional character's personal problems.

Anyway, I really hope we'll get some translations soon. Sin-scans have been on a roll lately, releasing a chapter every day since chapter 56 got scanlated by someone else (forgot his/her name).

Hehe that was actually my fault. I delayed that chapter for a week or maybe more and now i just realized someone else released it :p .

Maxy Barnard
February 16, 2009, 07:49 AM
man i really hope the trans and scans continue for this soon, especially as it's the only series having it's raw plugged up the top XD

nxlouco
February 27, 2009, 02:45 PM
man i really hope the trans and scans continue for this soon, especially as it's the only series having it's raw plugged up the top XD

xD me too well the trans anyway...

Crude
February 27, 2009, 07:15 PM
Need trans...

Maxy Barnard
February 28, 2009, 07:10 AM
well cnet has said he's still eternally trying to catch up in his MH interview, so who knows maybe there'll be some again soon.

Tokyotony
March 25, 2009, 04:08 PM
I'm loving the series myself and hope that cnet does continue to release it.

My favorite chapter still has to be the first one where Switch busts in; laptop at waist and a mustache hanging off his face, "There is nowhere left for you to flee, little girl."

My bought Volumes should arrive in the mail some day soon.

cnet128
March 25, 2009, 08:55 PM
PEOPLE ARE RELEASING SKET DANCE WITHOUT MY TRANSLATIONS?!

FUCK THAT. THIS IS MY SERIES, DAMN IT! MINE! GET YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF MY SERIES!

*goes on a murderous rampage*

nxlouco
March 25, 2009, 08:57 PM
xD lol, we really hope you continue cnet, we might stop with the weekly, but we definitely want to continue Sket by bringing it in Tank quality

teniki
May 19, 2009, 02:18 AM
This is where the main character got the horns since the author's a fan of the Pillows.
http://a485.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/90/l_7bc18ba89a3ff6524252cdd537c3f7dc.jpg

mayoi
July 17, 2009, 05:24 PM
Woot! Sket Dance fever!

Crude
July 18, 2009, 05:37 PM
I was almost tricked into thinking your avatar was a picture of the anime (which is rumoured to be announced soon).

Negative Syndicate
September 02, 2009, 10:48 AM
Can somone upload Sket Dance's chapter 1~24? I really want to see it.

cnet128
September 02, 2009, 12:52 PM
I have some of those scanlations, but I don't know what the policy would be on uploading them. If you just want to see them, though, I believe they're all up on OneManga (and probably similar sites)

Negative Syndicate
September 02, 2009, 01:11 PM
I have some of those scanlations, but I don't know what the policy would be on uploading them. If you just want to see them, though, I believe they're all up on OneManga (and probably similar sites)

Sorry, I forgot to put I want in raws, not scanlation nor translation. Do you know where can I get it?

cnet128
September 03, 2009, 06:47 AM
Hm. No, can't say I have any idea where to find those >_< I have a lot of Sket Dance RAWs on my computer, but only chapters 26 onward ~~

hua
September 09, 2009, 04:41 PM
Sorry, I forgot to put I want in raws, not scanlation nor translation. Do you know where can I get it?

I have these if you still haven't found them.

Negative Syndicate
September 09, 2009, 05:20 PM
I have these if you still haven't found them.

Is it raw from chapter 1~24?

hua
September 09, 2009, 05:42 PM
Is it raw from chapter 1~24?

Ha, yes, that's what I'm saying. Mostly LQ I think.

edit: okay, started uploading them, for completeness' sake if nothing else.
edit edit: and... done!

Thank you, very much! I really preciated.

No problem. I love this series.

Negative Syndicate
September 09, 2009, 10:19 PM
Ha, yes, that's what I'm saying. Mostly LQ I think.

edit: okay, started uploading them, for completeness' sake if nothing else.

Thank you, very much! I really preciated. :)
[hr]
I found a spoiler for chapter 105.

キャプテンがドロップの缶(何種類かドロップに色がありそれぞれお金とか恋愛とかのラッキーカラーがある)を探して欲しいという依頼で、
秋奈という2年で初めてできた友達でお弁当のあとにドロップをくれたのがきっかけで、
一緒によく弁当を食べるようになり、食後にいつもドロップをひとつずつ食べるのが二人の日課。
ずっと記録を更新しており、二人の友情の記録でもある。
そんな中いつもどおりドロップを食べてるときに秋奈が片思いしている三郷くんがきて、キャプテンがドロップをひとつあげる
しかし二人のドロップをあげたこと(あと好きな人にあげたことで意地になっている)で秋奈とキャプテンは仲たがいしてしまい、秋奈はドロップを缶ごと教室の窓から投げ捨てる
それ以来お互いに話すこともなく、キャプテンは秋奈があんなに怒った理由がわからぬまま一ヶ月が過ぎる。
そして依頼しにきた今日、二人の関係を気にした三郷くんから話をきかされる。
秋奈は今まで黙っていたが仕事の都合で転校しなくてはいけなくて、転校するのでケジメとして三郷くんに告白。ダメでも伝えておきたかった。
この話をきいて、秋奈の三郷くんへの想いや、キャプテンとの残された日々を大切にしてくれてたことを知らないとは傷つけたことを知る。
翌日に引越しを控えた秋奈がその前に学校に立ち寄るということを三郷くんに教えてもらい、校門のところでお別れを言うことを決める。
そのためにドロップの缶を探してもらう。

翌日校門の前で二人が会う。
謝ろうとするキャプテンに秋奈は新しく買ってきたドロップをだし、お互いにひとつずつ取る。
二人の手には白色のドロップ。白が同時にでたのは初めて。
そして秋奈は泣きながら三郷くんが好きで意地になって仲違いしてしまったことを謝る。
そんな秋奈にキャプテンを見つけ出したドロップの缶をと渡す。

ここからカラーページ
「そろそろお別れというところで秋奈が屋上のあるものに気づく。
キャプテンも振り返るとそこにはボッスンたちが大量のカラフルな風船を飛ばしていた。
その風船をみて私たちのドロップは空っぽになんかならないよねと二人抱き合い別れる。」
ここまでカラーページ

それから数日後?部室でドロップを食べるボッスンとヒメ子
ボッスンの手には白いドロップ。缶には白は友達:一生の友達に会えるかも、という表示で終わり。
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org124671.jpg

Shindou
September 10, 2009, 02:16 PM
I can't see pic. Could you upload it on imageshack?

RomanDogBird
September 11, 2009, 06:59 PM
What exactly are the last two pages in the RAW for 105 about? I can tell it's a list of all of the chapters so far, but what's it for?

Negative Syndicate
September 12, 2009, 08:44 AM
What exactly are the last two pages in the RAW for 105 about? I can tell it's a list of all of the chapters so far, but what's it for?

It is for popularity poll about best episode from chapter 1 to 105.

Crude
September 24, 2009, 02:32 PM
There's a Sket Dance chapter concerning a (weird) workout video which seems to net you great results. Maybe try the workout shown in the video?

[Cross]
September 24, 2009, 02:57 PM
In any case, it seems Sket Dance releases have come to a halt once more, hopefully they pick up soon.

Eep
October 18, 2009, 01:57 AM
Indeed....by far my favorite manga...

Hopefully we get some scans soon :/

much more deserving of scans than any other manga out there sans a handful.

hyorinmaru
October 28, 2009, 09:30 AM
Sket Dance 10
http://i35.tinypic.com/10mpwlv.jpg

Akiyama
June 29, 2010, 08:36 AM
Sket Dance extra dance 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sket Dance 14
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/volumes/Sket_Dance_extra_dance_2.jpghttp://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/esker08/volumes/Sket_Dance_14.jpg

Gave this thread a much needed poke, plus the 2 covers together is an added bonus. ^_~

bellcrossage
October 19, 2010, 08:52 PM
There's to be a TV anime series of this manga next Spring.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-10-19/sket-dance-manga-gets-tv-anime

andysislands
October 19, 2010, 10:38 PM
Very, very, very excited to hear this.

Sket Dance will be a great anime, and I'm glad the announcement is for an anime! I was a bit worried the announcement would be for another Drama CD, or maybe a live action drama. But anime is where it should be!

Awesome. Awesome.

seiryoden
October 26, 2010, 12:40 PM
Anime! That is such great news. Sket Dance is one of the most consistently funny mangas out there at the moment. I wonder who's going to voice Switch...

andysislands
October 26, 2010, 04:41 PM
Anime! That is such great news. Sket Dance is one of the most consistently funny mangas out there at the moment. I wonder who's going to voice Switch...

Come on Vocaloid!

Crude
October 26, 2010, 04:52 PM
Well if the vomic is any indication, odds are Switch is going to be voiced by Tomokazu Sugita who is better known as the voice of Kyon in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and of Gintoki in Gintama.

saladesu
October 27, 2010, 03:10 AM
It'd be great if Tomokazu Sugita could reprise his role, but how often do the seiyuu for the anime actually follow the vomics? The only ones I can remember right now are:

Didn't follow
Bakuman > Fukuyama Jun voiced Saikou in the vomics but in the anime he's voiced by Abe Atsushi
Mago > Kitamura Eri voiced Rikuo in the vomics but it's FukuJun in the anime, Hirota Shion voiced Kana in the vomics but it's Hirano Aya in the anime
Shiki > FukuJun voiced Yuuki Natsuno in the vomics but the anime had Uchiyama Kouki

Follow
Beelzebub > Konishi Katsuyuki as Oga
Mago > Horie Yui as Yuki Onna

... I don't know if it's just because I seem to only remember those that didn't follow @__@

Nonetheless I'm quite excited although I am way behind on this manga (I think I have over a year of backlog to catch up on!) :D

Crude
October 27, 2010, 04:11 AM
Didn't Fukuyama Jun also voice Rikuo in the vomic? Or was that just youkai Rikuo?

Savi
November 01, 2010, 01:11 AM
It took me while but here it is
Sket Dance First Anime Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gad1JwEBB4o)

Negative Syndicate
January 26, 2011, 11:31 PM
http://s.pic.to/15j6il-1-9563.jpg

More voice actors were introduced for upcoming Sket Dance animation:

Agata Soujirou (VA: Seki Tomokazu)
Tsubaki Sasuke (VA: Shimono Hiro)
Unyuu Mimori (VA: Takamoto Megumi)
Asahina Kikuno (VA: Kobayashi Yuu)
Shinba Michiru (VA: Nojima Kenji)
Takahashi Chiaki (VA: Satou Satomi)
Takemitsu Shinzou (VA: Miyake Kenta)
Yabasawa Moe (VA: Toyoguchi Megumi)
Yuuki Reiko (VA: Orikasa Fumiko)
Saotome Roman (VA: kayano Ai)
Yagi Kaoru (VA: Nazuka Kaori)
Chuuma Tetsuji (VA: Nakata Jouji)
Kibitsu Momoka (VA: Inoue Marina)

Savi
January 31, 2011, 02:28 AM
For those who can't view the new trailer on the official site I uploaded it to youtube ~ Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq64Tw7mZmE)

Crude
January 31, 2011, 05:52 AM
I am so psyched for the anime!

Galactic Tomahawk
January 31, 2011, 06:40 AM
Pretty awesome trailer, I can definitely see potential here if they do the whole show like that.

shukketsumaru
February 09, 2011, 09:28 PM
I was re-reading Sket Dance to kill time when it suddenly dawned on me how awesome Chapter 88 will be when it's animated. :D
I mean Bossun looks like he's having a panic attack, and I don't blame him.

Negative Syndicate
April 01, 2011, 09:23 AM
The opening and ending going to be sing by French Kiss (from AKB48) and The Pillows.

Drago
April 14, 2011, 06:16 AM
Sket Dance Episode 02 -->http://www.animefans.tv/downloads/stream/9241.html

Elyon A. Luna
April 18, 2011, 01:21 PM
After a long time of no posting, but checking the boards regularly, I'm back just for one reason

I checked the first episode of the anime, really liked it (even though it's not as good as what comes) and then read the manga in 4 days. It was amazing and the most hilarious stuff I'd read for a while.

But I find that it's not as popular as I'd like it to be. And is impossible to get in English or Spanish. I'd really like to have it. Well, that's how thing go, I believe. Still, I love the series, jumped right behind One Piece in my Jump listing.

Galactic Tomahawk
April 18, 2011, 01:25 PM
It's been rising way up on my list too, on account of it continuing to get better and some of my previous favorites getting worse.

I think it's popularity is gonna keep growing too, dunno if it'll ever be a huge hit but thanks to the anime people finally started taking notice at least.

Gintara
April 18, 2011, 07:05 PM
I finally got to read Sket Dance after watching the first two episodes of the anime. I'm not caught up yet with the manga but I like what I've read so far.

I rewatched the opening to see how much the anime will cover for now and I can't wait to see everything animated. I finally understand why the ending song is done by the Pillows lol. ^_^

jorped
April 27, 2011, 12:13 PM
Started reading Sket Dance and i can't believe that this thread only has this posts in such long time :crying

I am at chapter 29 and until now it has been very good !
The characters are awesome, specially Switch !

I will continue reading it and hope soon i can be here discussing the chapters :tem

Yuzuki-An
May 03, 2011, 10:40 AM
I loved Sket Dance for almost 2 years now and I'm so glad it finally got an anime adaptation. Well, it's not as good as manga...Yet! I hope it'll get better with more eps out, I can't wait to see Switch's story animated *_* The first op/ed will probably end with gachinko vivage battle arc (or so I think^^') and then we'll see what's best *_* I wonder how they'll manage sad stories... and I hope SD gets more attention and fans, I really do, it deserves it <3
This manga is really great, it stays still in my top10 ;D
(forgive me my dead English, oh, good people)

k-dom
June 03, 2011, 07:38 AM
I'm currently reading Bossun Flashback. And probably spent part of the weekend catching with the serie. I'm glad that this crossover with Gintama gave me the opportunity to interest myself to this manga

---------- Post added June 03, 2011 at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was May 06, 2011 at 09:47 PM ----------

Damn this last scanlated chapter is one of those where you wish you can read Japanese.
I think I will never be able to make the difference between the ツ and the シ
Anyway that was a nice good bye, I hope we will continue to see the president somehow.

Oni_James
June 27, 2011, 12:39 PM
I was interested on the series but couldn't find a moment to start, then i started watching the anime from the very first episode, and today i started catching up with the manga.I'm currently at Bossun's 17th birthday "arc".
Gotta say even if some people say Sket Dance is not up to Gintama's gag manga level, i think both Shinohara and Sorachi are great authors with some great things i like about them. If they want you to laugh with their manga, they make you laugh, and if they want you to cry with some emotive parts they were wanting to tell us, they'll make you cry, as i saw in both Switch, Himeko and Bossun's pasts.
It's truly a great manga, i regret not having tried to be up-to-date before.
BTW, what do you think the anime will do when they sing 'funny bunny'? I mean Pillows is doing the ending, so i don't see any problem if they all try a collaboration to make it sound really good.

k-dom
July 12, 2011, 04:45 PM
I just read chapter 153, and it made me laugh so much. Honestly after the school hymn chapter which was not very original, Sket Dance is at the top again. I'm really looking forward to the new student council stories

Crude
July 14, 2011, 12:00 PM
I'm confused. Have the characters gone up a grade (as in it's a new school year), or is it just that Agata and Michiru have to study for their exams and can't be a part of the Student Council anymore?

Negative Syndicate
July 14, 2011, 04:27 PM
I'm confused. Have the characters gone up a grade (as in it's a new school year), or is it just that Agata and Michiru have to study for their exams and can't be a part of the Student Council anymore?

They are still in same grade, Agata and Michiru retired because of their exam.

Pirulito
July 17, 2011, 10:09 AM
Where I can download complete volumes of Sket Dance?

Negative Syndicate
July 17, 2011, 11:03 AM
Where I can download complete volumes of Sket Dance?

You can download up to volume 15 on cover-land. But, there is watermark from volume 7 to 15.

k-dom
July 22, 2011, 12:12 PM
So the only two normal people of the student council have left only to be replaced by two freaks :-)
I really wonder how the character of Usami Hani will be managed. Of course the idea of the double personality was really funny but it could be really fast repetitive and tiresome.

ErosVp
July 27, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hey! Is it truth is many chapters ahead? I only discovered this recentely

jorped
July 27, 2011, 04:40 PM
I need to start reading Sket Dance once again. I stopped at chapter 40 so i definitely need to continue reading it soon.

Hey! Is it truth is many chapters ahead? I only discovered this recentely

The chapters the are being scanned currently are a bit behind the chapters that are released currently at WSJ i think.

Asarii
July 28, 2011, 12:42 AM
Right now the current chapter in Japan is at 194. (Almost at the 200 mark!) There are still a lot more chapters left to be scanlated.

I like how eccentric the new student council members are. Agata and Shinba seem REALLY normal compared to those two. I like Usami and Kiri for different reasons, and hopefully you'll like them too. :)

ErosVp
July 28, 2011, 08:03 AM
Agata and shinba were really cool! Agata baing a genius and Shinba always flirting with girls... I remenber when everybody was thinking Tsubaki's shirt was lame and Agata was the only one who said lol!

Crude
July 28, 2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah that chapter was hilarious! I'm already missing both Agata and Shinba, these new members just seem a little gimicky. Plus, Tsubaki isn't even being treated as the president by any of his peers (not that I was expecting that much respect). So far the only thing I like about the new characters are their designs, and even then I dislike ninja guy's clasps (I'm puzzled as to why guys with hair accessories for girls keep popping up in manga...).

ErosVp
July 28, 2011, 09:58 AM
It's cool when everyone teases Tsubaki too! Like the chapter when they ruined the principal's statue, blamed Tsubaki and he started to cry! hahahaha

Crude
August 06, 2011, 10:41 AM
The latest scanlated chapter (156) was too awesome! I love it when Roman shows up in a story. Anda Sainon and Magarfunkel!? The manga battle was hilarious, especially Roman's "unique" characters set against Bossun's beautiful backgrounds. But the true star of this chapter was Michaelburger :D!

ErosVp
August 06, 2011, 11:32 AM
hahahahahaha
The two manga were hilarious! This Kenta guy really can get some laughs when hr wants, Michaelburguer was really priceless...

k-dom
August 06, 2011, 01:16 PM
Roman has found a great rival in plot stupidity. But she is still on a different league :-)

nassass
August 07, 2011, 04:25 PM
The manga battle was hilarious, especially Roman's "unique" characters set against Bossun's beautiful backgrounds.

Shinohara must make big efforts to drawing in both style at the same, respect to him. I've just read the chapter there Fumi chan was introduced, and when she learned the basics of the Roman world she can't draw in a different way anymore. XD

k-dom
August 30, 2011, 03:51 AM
Another great chapter of Sket Dance (157). Bossun faces are so hilarious. What will happen to the trio with a bit of jealousy.
But I'm not sure a love story between Bossun and Himeko would fit well in the manga, also they would make a funny couple

---------- Post added August 30, 2011 at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was August 19, 2011 at 04:13 PM ----------

First I must said I was happy there was four chapters of Sket Dance in such a short time. Congrats to trinity for that. But overall, I was a bit disappointed. 158 was good, particularly thanks to a festival of Bossun faces. Also, it seems like it will not just end with just a purikura. But 159 and 160 are only saved by the great premise they did. Yamanobe chapters are always the same and uninteresting, i can only quote Shinohara : why did he wasted a color cover with that ? 160 was 'what the heck !'.
But 161 redeems all my disappointment. Fight between Bossun and Tsubaki are always hilarious. And what a cliffhanger !

ErosVp
August 31, 2011, 02:02 AM
I alway like yamanobe's crappy games... It always leave me wondering how the hell the author manages to come up with such stupid things!!

And the next chapter i also laughed when bossun said that in comic mangas things should magicaly go back to how they were, it was what i was expecting too! Lol

the fight between siblings was cool, but the chapter about bossun and himeko romance issue are boring... Where is Agata's big boobed sister to spice things?

k-dom
August 31, 2011, 02:53 AM
The problem with the games is that it's always the same scenario except for the rules so I find it looses a lot of the comedy effect. But I guess it has becomes a sort of Sket Dance gimmick.

Asarii
August 31, 2011, 06:11 PM
I also don't enjoy the Yamanobe chapters as much. The chapters with other teachers like J-son sensei are a lot more fun IMO.

I'm looking forward to Ch. 163's release so I can finally talk about it. You'll find out why. ;)

PiggyBank
September 07, 2011, 02:09 PM
Agreed about Yamanobe games. I get a bit bored and a bit worried for the author's sanity :)

I'm looking forward to Ch. 163's release so I can finally talk about it. You'll find out why. ;)

Now I wanna know read it NOW ;)

Gintara
September 08, 2011, 09:17 PM
Ch. 162 is out! (http://trinitybakuma.com/releases/sket-dance-chapter-162/)

lol Sassun trying to go into concentration mode. :derp

Iceiphoenix
September 11, 2011, 02:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DcruM.jpg

Anyone else excited about the Sket Dance Handbook? :D I guess this shows SD's growing popularity! You can have a look at a few pages here (http://www.s-manga.net/comics_new/cn_20110902_wj_jpc_9784088703527_sket-dance-fanbook-kaimeigakuen-seitotecho.html).
Apart from character profiles and arc recaps, I wonder what other things are going to be in this handbook? :amuse

Gintara
September 12, 2011, 07:48 PM
It's hard to tell, but I'm guessing more extras are in the book. Wonder what would it be about? ^^'

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

163 is out! ^^ (http://trinitybakuma.com/releases/sket-dance-chapter-163/)

Oni_James
September 14, 2011, 12:24 PM

You were right Asarii, 163 was hilarious, all the cross-dressing and girl-acting was funny as hell xD As much as i like Sugita Tomozaku, Gintoki and Switch's seiyuu Sket Dance's seiyuus, the episode adapting this chapter is going to be epic.

Any Sket Dance anime+manga followers. Next episode is Switch flashback, isn't it? I'm looking forward both 3 flashback arcs in the anime.
Normal chapters sometimes are good sometimes are less good, but Sket Dance's flashback arcs OWN.

Asarii
September 14, 2011, 11:19 PM
I think that was the chapter which ranked first in the WSJ polls. Okay, maybe not first but pretty high for Sket. My favorite cross-dresser was Sasuko, and the clothing style was my favourite too. :wtf (Bosuko should have worn a wig!)

It was cute how the guys were trying so hard to be girls and failing at it. The girls cosplaying as guys was pretty funny too.

The flashbacks for the Sket-Dan are all really well done. Hopefully we'll get another one in the future explaining how the club was formed and how Switch came back to school after having a hikimori lifestyle. The thread for the anime here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/69383-SKET-DANCE). :)

k-dom
September 15, 2011, 01:30 PM
Yes that was a funny chapter. Seems like Kenta is good with crossbending. When Bossun and Himeko switched bodies was also a great moment of Sket Dance.
Tsubaki is indeed nice (I guess his long eyebrows also help) but it is funny how he can only says so cute. Once again it seems his brother does better.

Crude
September 15, 2011, 05:27 PM
Ah so 163 was the cross-dressing story :D! One of the more hilarious chapters I'll say. Loved hippie Sasuko, and the three guys acting like stereotypical girls!

R4n
September 17, 2011, 12:16 AM
Yes that was a funny chapter. Seems like Kenta is good with crossbending. When Bossun and Himeko switched bodies was also a great moment of Sket Dance.

'Your Mileage Might Vary', but actually i find that arc one of the most disturbing in the series x__x

Crude
September 23, 2011, 11:48 AM
I so can't wait to see Bossun as a stickman next chapter! Another hilarious chapter. I can't believe how many obscure characters managed to rank so high :D!

Pirulito
September 23, 2011, 11:58 AM
I wonder what is Saaya's rank.

k-dom
September 23, 2011, 12:30 PM
I so can't wait to see Bossun as a stickman next chapter! Another hilarious chapter. I can't believe how many obscure characters managed to rank so high :D!

They are so obscure that even with the explanations, I don't remember them :-)
But yeah also it was obvious that Bossun would be the stickman, it was wonderfully made. I can't wait for next chapter either. Sket Dance it really at the top at the moment.

Gintara
September 24, 2011, 12:01 PM
I wonder what is Saaya's rank.

She's 6th place (http://sketdance.wikia.com/wiki/Second_Character_Popularity_Contest), right after her brother. ^^

sketdance
October 02, 2011, 12:49 AM
Hi I made a youtube channel for sket dance manga and animie. I will make video regularly. check it out and be shure to subscribe.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sketdanceofficial?feature=mhee

my first video will be up soon

Skyguardian
October 02, 2011, 07:41 AM
I wonder why the scanning takes so lang? After all there are missing at least 35 chapters up till now...

k-dom
October 05, 2011, 04:12 PM
Now the only important question is :
What will be the place of Bossun stickman in next popularity poll !?!

ErosVp
October 05, 2011, 05:01 PM
I bet it will in the top 10 lol!

Is it me or Himeko's boobs got bigger while Saya's got smaller? Poor Saya, fighting a lost war...

Franklyn D. Kieran
October 16, 2011, 05:07 PM
If anybody remembers "Special Mariko Broken" well i found this video and if the game ever interested you, here it is on the DS for some kind of Wario game... apparently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z5Ad5LHj5Q

Crude
October 18, 2011, 02:28 PM
Oh man, I do exactly the same stuff that Bossun and Himeko do when they're supposed to be studying. I tend to tidy my room, make schedules and pick a manga volume from a near by shelf and browse through it. Oh, and Himeko's mother is awesome!

k-dom
October 18, 2011, 03:04 PM
Another awesome chapter. I wonder if there was some autobiographic moments :-)
And who would have known that there was a more frightening character than Himeko in sket dance. Her and mikage's father in Silver spoon made my day :-)

ErosVp
October 18, 2011, 04:57 PM
Yes! Both last chapters were hilarious! Himeko laughing at the worst times were too much, the things happening at that street lol!

Pirulito
December 01, 2011, 08:16 PM
I'm hoping for the chapter that shows how Bossun helped Switch when he was a shut-in.

Vespertine
December 24, 2011, 05:34 PM
have this been licensed outside japan?

thanks

k-dom
January 13, 2012, 06:07 AM
The last 2 chapters were really lovely. 173 was a really great new year present. Chuu-san weird potions always gives stupid hilarious chapter.
As for the last one, we get quite a masterpiece of quiproquos.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6547/sketdance2975267.jpg

Tsubaki, hopefully there are not 2 like you :-)

ErosVp
January 13, 2012, 03:32 PM
That panel of Tsubaki made laugh loud! Tsubaki and Agata were really stupid in this chapter, one clueless and the other is a stupid genius! XD

Gintara
January 13, 2012, 06:26 PM
The part where Agata asks Tsubaki about his relationship and he replies with them playing videogames the other night was just hilarious. That expression and Saaya's "poker face" in the next page was funny too. xD

k-dom
February 23, 2012, 01:11 PM
There are some characters who don't do for me. Yamanobe is one of them, Dante is another. No matter what, his chapters put Sket Dance far below the standard level I expect of this manga. But well from time to time it's ok.

---------- Post added February 01, 2012 at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was January 21, 2012 at 05:25 PM ----------

What a serious chapter for Sket Dance !
It seems we are entering a serious arc, I wonder if it's the start of a deeper relation between Katou and Himeko

---------- Post added February 23, 2012 at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was February 01, 2012 at 11:02 AM ----------

http://img.batoto.com/comics/2012/02/23/s/read4f460610cc7a3/img000014.pnghttp://i14.mangareader.net/one-piece/502/one-piece-1693984.jpg

shukketsumaru
March 01, 2012, 11:57 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, the anime has reached the Happy Birthday arc. Tremble in anitcipation!

Pirulito
March 01, 2012, 03:20 PM
Dudes, turns out Katou Kiri will be very funny from now on. I laughed so much in chapter 179

k-dom
March 01, 2012, 03:33 PM
But if he continues to help everyone like that, Sket Dance will be jobless :-)

protomelvin
March 02, 2012, 02:54 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, the anime has reached the Happy Birthday arc. Tremble in anitcipation!

After watching those episodes, I went back and reread Rebirthday and a few following chapters. I cracked up so hard when Bossun and Tsubaki were doing the banner!! I remember laughing really hard the first time, and again, laughed really hard!! I wanna read any chapter after they found out they were brothers that had them interacting. Does anyone remember any off the top of their head? Maybe not little stuff, but a chapter overall that is heavy with Bossun and Tsubaki like that one when Tsubaki goes over to Bossun's and they end up playing that fantasy game together.

Asarii
March 03, 2012, 02:52 AM
Dudes, turns out Katou Kiri will be very funny from now on. I laughed so much in chapter 179
He's a great character- expect more laughs from him soon! Speaking of that chapter...

Tsubaki: Listen. To put it bluntly, your job is to do random errands.
Poor Mitsuru. :XD[hr]
I love how Twitter is referenced in Ch. 181. You can really tell just how popular it is in Japan.

Crude
March 04, 2012, 06:32 PM
I love how everyone but Switch was so oblivious to when it came to making a movie :XD

k-dom
March 05, 2012, 04:20 PM
Cool the sket dance thread has some activities :-)
The movie chapter was really great, I especially love the monster double spread :-)
I had forgotten about J-son sensei. It's nice to see him reappear.

I love how Twitter is referenced in Ch. 181. You can really tell just how popular it is in Japan.

I was thinking that since a japanese kana uses 2 roman characters, japanese twitts can be longer than ours, that's unfair :-)

Pirulito
March 05, 2012, 07:41 PM
Seriously, what the heck was chapter 182? Very freaking awesome funny! I laughed till cry almost in every page.

What excellent parody!

Crude
March 05, 2012, 08:53 PM
What happened to chapter 180? Is there any scanlation of it?

k-dom
March 06, 2012, 04:08 AM
It's the gintama crossover, it was done ages ago. And it is really good btw.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

What excellent parody!

Is it a parody of Air gear ? I don't read this manga since it has quite a lot of negative comments.

Pirulito
March 06, 2012, 09:15 AM
It is a parody of battle shonen in general.

About chapter 180, you can read it here: http://trinitybakuma.com/manga/?manga=Sket+Dance&chapter=180+%5BCrossover%5D#page=1

k-dom
March 20, 2012, 04:23 PM
But if he continues to help everyone like that, Sket Dance will be jobless :-)
Argh !!! It seems I was right on that point (even if I said it as a joke).

Anyway great chapter as usual. Jealous Bossun is the best.

---------- Post added March 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was March 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM ----------

Just when I saw Agata on page 3 of last chapter I was thinking that it was sad we didn't see the other ancient student council member anymore. And page 4 here he is !!

shukketsumaru
March 20, 2012, 11:39 PM
Indeed, a pinch of salt.
I wonder if Agata's paranoia toward him isn't so irrational.

Pirulito
April 03, 2012, 11:08 AM
Chapter 188, title: Momoka, just pure win!
Now, let's see how Switch will react or how long it will take to cause some relevant effect on him.

But Bossun and Tsubaki dancing... :fail so girly...

shukketsumaru
April 03, 2012, 11:12 PM
According to the Sket Dance wikia, scans and trans are behind by about 30 chapters. THAT'S OVER SIX MONTHS WORTH!!! I can't sleep at night knowing this!!!

protomelvin
April 04, 2012, 12:33 AM
According to the Sket Dance wikia, scans and trans are behind by about 30 chapters. THAT'S OVER SIX MONTHS WORTH!!! I can't sleep at night knowing this!!!

I know, right! I'm tempted to import the missing volumes just so I can read them XDD

k-dom
April 04, 2012, 12:49 AM
It's mean to complain just when we have a 3 chapters release
These valentin chapter were really nice. Bossun compete in the most dense guy category with Oga ( from beelzebub ). I was surprised about Momoka feelings for Switch but it is a nice development.

protomelvin
April 04, 2012, 01:46 AM
I don't think it's so much a complaint, moreso a, "I really want to read those chapters!". At least for me it is. Trinity Bakuma does some good work, so I appreciate their efforts.

Wasn't it hinted at in another chapter before that Momoka likes Switch and he was trying to ignore those feelings?

k-dom
April 04, 2012, 03:00 AM
I don't think it's so much a complaint, moreso a, "I really want to read those chapters!". At least for me it is. Trinity Bakuma does some good work, so I appreciate their efforts.

Well since we have a chapter almost every week, it's kinda the same in the end. The problem is more for the people who read the raw and cannot fully enjoy participating into the discussion due to the gap.

Wasn't it hinted at in another chapter before that Momoka likes Switch and he was trying to ignore those feelings?

That may be true, I'm forgetful of this kind of thing.

shukketsumaru
April 04, 2012, 03:01 AM
Yes, it was Chapter 124. It started off looking like it would be about Switch without his laptop, but shifted into said foreshadowing about Momoka's feelings and Switch ignoring those feelings. Though in that chapter it seems more like a genuine "I don't feel that way" rather than "I'll never feel that away again" but it more than works considering.

protomelvin
April 04, 2012, 12:01 PM
Well since we have a chapter almost every week, it's kinda the same in the end. The problem is more for the people who read the raw and cannot fully enjoy participating into the discussion due to the gap..

If I knew where to find raws, I would catch up and discuss, but all I've ever found are Chinese scans, and I can't read those ^^;;

k-dom
April 04, 2012, 12:10 PM
Ask Asarii although she may buy the volumes.

Negative Syndicate
April 04, 2012, 02:13 PM
If I knew where to find raws, I would catch up and discuss, but all I've ever found are Chinese scans, and I can't read those ^^;;

There are lots of place to find raws for Sket Dance, but you basically have to download all other Jump series because all of the series are combined together with one file.

protomelvin
April 04, 2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I've found some of those, but they're big files and I don't really need to read most of the other series ^^;;

Negative Syndicate
April 04, 2012, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I've found some of those, but they're big files and I don't really need to read most of the other series ^^;;

Well, if you want really want to read Sket Dance raw, then you have to download all Jump series. Plus, you can just delete all series except Sket Dance after you download them.

Gintara
April 11, 2012, 01:11 AM
Yes, it was Chapter 124. It started off looking like it would be about Switch without his laptop, but shifted into said foreshadowing about Momoka's feelings and Switch ignoring those feelings. Though in that chapter it seems more like a genuine "I don't feel that way" rather than "I'll never feel that away again" but it more than works considering.

It was also hinted in chapter 170 that Momoka had feelings when she saw Switch in the beginning. Then again, there are many minor things that lead up to a big event in Sket Dance (if you guys haven't noticed before). I'm glad to see Momoka confess, though. Now we wait for the Valentine's Monday next chapter (which means more serious Agata, etc.). It should be coming out sometime soon. ^_^

---------- Post added April 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was April 09, 2012 at 09:08 PM ----------

Chapter 189's out!! (http://trinitybakuma.com/releases/sket-dance-chapter-189/)

Honestly, I didn't think Agata would refer back to the salt a couple chapters back. And the (re)appearance of Sasuko and Kiriko!

shukketsumaru
April 11, 2012, 01:31 PM
Sojiro Agata, IQ 160.
Sojiro Agata + little sister complex, IQ 16.0

Am I the only one slightly disappointed that he has been relegated to this position?

k-dom
April 19, 2012, 08:28 AM
Chapter 190 is utterly stupid but it made me laugh anyway....
But the chapter end makes me fear that there will be a sequel

shukketsumaru
June 27, 2012, 07:10 PM
For some reason, Tsubaki is an esper who can teleport.

Doraku
June 27, 2012, 11:11 PM
I'm glad that finally "misunderstood love" arc is ended. Maybe it's just me, but honestly I wish the arc has two chapters more for the conclusion. The second chapter was fun, especially during the teleport Tsubaki scene :XD

Now we're just left behind by 35 chapters.

shukketsumaru
July 03, 2012, 11:20 PM
I agree with Switch, I also wonder how the voice actor will ad-lib that tune.

shukketsumaru
August 10, 2012, 05:22 PM
New chapter...a new school year.
I wonder how the series would continue after the Sket Dan graduates?

Pirulito
August 10, 2012, 06:08 PM
I think Sket Dan graduation is the deadline of the series.

shukketsumaru
August 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
Aww, now that just makes me sad. I'm hoping it continues past graduation. With Bossun becoming a P.I. like they said he probably would in the chapter where they discuss their futures. Introduce a Knight of Cerberus and make it like a non sci-fi version of Gintama.

kusanagi_k
August 30, 2012, 07:17 PM
Hi I'm new to this side of MH, just wandered in. :)
OMG it never actually struck me that it's currently the guys' final year in Kaimei isn't it... That's...

Well yes, I can think of Genshiken, where the main characters graduated and the manga ended, but after a loong hiatus the mangaka decided to pick up where he left off, with the cast dealing with life after school, living independently, jobs, relationships...
...Hmm, after writing all that out, that kind of development might not be suitable for the Sket cast after all... :(

Or Shinohara-sensei could try to really develop (age) and follow his characters, a bit like the whole Shounan Jun'ai Gumi -> Bad Company -> GTO -> Shounan 14 Days, thing. That could keep the Sket Dance universe / serialization alive for about 20 years as well, lol!

Anyway, it's a bit depressing that the english scanlators are moving kinda slowly with Sket Dance, even though it's coming out every week(and quite popular in WSJ isn't it)... Chinese scans are fast but the humour just doesn't translate well at all (as so in Gintama) so I've been avoiding them as much as possible. But OH MAN the current arc involving Switch(Kazuyoshi) is really making my eyes tear up...

shukketsumaru
August 30, 2012, 10:04 PM
Recent scanned chapter ----- Poor Bossun, that Yubaba look-a-like really tore into him on live TV.
And yeah, a post-Kaimei Sket Dance is totally possible. I can imagine it, so if it doesn't happen, it is my duty as a professional screenwriter to create it:

Basically, he opens a private detective office, but can't bring himself to charge for help so he moonlights as Roman's assistant; hell he's so good at the creative stuff, maybe he ghost-writes a few of Momoka's songs.. Switch would be a part-timer because he plans to attend Tokyo U. Himeko sticks around because she's totally in love with Bossun. They occasionally help out the Pocket-Dan who at that point would have become Kaimei's new Sket-Dan. In his pursuit of helping people he gains an Izaya-esque nihilistic nemesis whose complete and utter diametric opposition to Bossun and his philosophy forces him to take a level in badass! Also, the Sket Dan would be forced to face the fact that real Japanese society is much more stuffy and rigid than their little school.

If this doesn't happen..."Copyright Donna Noble, add it to the list."

Doraku
August 31, 2012, 12:21 AM
Hi I'm new to this side of MH, just wandered in. :)
OMG it never actually struck me that it's currently the guys' final year in Kaimei isn't it... That's...

Well yes, I can think of Genshiken, where the main characters graduated and the manga ended, but after a loong hiatus the mangaka decided to pick up where he left off, with the cast dealing with life after school, living independently, jobs, relationships...
...Hmm, after writing all that out, that kind of development might not be suitable for the Sket cast after all... :(

Or Shinohara-sensei could try to really develop (age) and follow his characters, a bit like the whole Shounan Jun'ai Gumi -> Bad Company -> GTO -> Shounan 14 Days, thing. That could keep the Sket Dance universe / serialization alive for about 20 years as well, lol!

Anyway, it's a bit depressing that the english scanlators are moving kinda slowly with Sket Dance, even though it's coming out every week(and quite popular in WSJ isn't it)... Chinese scans are fast but the humour just doesn't translate well at all (as so in Gintama) so I've been avoiding them as much as possible. But OH MAN the current arc involving Switch(Kazuyoshi) is really making my eyes tear up...

I think as long as Sket Dance is running, there will be no graduation for Bossun and co. :p I also support the idea of Sket Dance sequel even though that path maybe overused, but I just can't get enough the drama and randomness of Sket Dance. Is the Chinese scanlation keep up with the Japanese release? If so, they're so lucky. Sket Dance's scanlation is getting left behind because IIRIC, the time gap between the current group and the previous scanlation group was quite far. Sket Dance was also not really known back then.

k-dom
August 31, 2012, 02:10 AM
Do we know if the number of chapters for year 1 and year 2 were similar ? In such case, year 3 may not be dragged too much.
I'm waiting for the new first year characters and what kind of weirdoes they will be :-)

shukketsumaru
August 31, 2012, 09:22 AM
Year 1 only appears in the flashbacks. The story starts in Year 2 and had a "very very very long Autumn."

k-dom
September 29, 2012, 05:18 PM
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2012/09/28/Sket-Dance-bientot-chez-Kaze-Manga
Youhou, that's a good news I never thought it would be translated one day.
And the spring break is finally finished too. I usually like shuu san weird mixtures but I wouldn't put this last chapter in my favorite one.

shukketsumaru
October 13, 2012, 10:54 PM
New chapter. It's always cute when they fight.

Doraku
October 14, 2012, 07:48 PM
I laughed a lot when Bossun is in fact not as stoic as he seems :XD. Well, with now all those weirdos are collected in one class, I wonder what kind of hilarity would ensue after this.

rajin
October 25, 2012, 10:02 AM
SKET DANCE 255 RAW http://raw.senmanga.com/Sket_Dance/255/1

Skyguardian
October 30, 2012, 05:16 PM
255?? How far is the scanlation behind o__O

Well 212 was... weird... What the hell are those juniors? XD

k-dom
October 30, 2012, 05:21 PM
Great, that was the best chapter in a while. I has to stop reading for awhile after this page (http://trinitybakuma.com/manga/?manga=Sket+Dance&chapter=212#page=6) because of unstoppable laugh
And when some new crazy characters are introduced, Sket Dance is at the top. I'm really looking forward how they will deal with these 3 first years.

naruto-niichan
October 31, 2012, 08:00 AM
I absolutely didn't see that coming, who are these three little kids? :XD

that play was hilarious, talk about trying to put too much meaning into something. Felt like a nice parody for series/plays that try too hard to have a deep story and end making some confusing shit.

Asarii
November 06, 2012, 12:22 PM
The kids are probably the weirdest characters in the whole series- and that's saying something! The other characters have a certain theme or a central attribute to them, but everything about these three are just so random. :XD

I also found the play hilarious. Hopefully the Sket Dan will be able to recruit at least one new member before they graduate.