PDA

View Full Version : Question What will happen when luffy meets his father?

sanjis the name
July 23, 2007, 09:05 PM
I want to know what you all think will happen when luffy finally meets his dad

I think luffy will be bitterly enraged that his father walked out on him and only now shows up when he needs him for his strength

This thread belongs to the "Tree of Knowledge", so I'll move it there.

kazamakj
July 24, 2007, 02:16 AM
Well I'll have to suggest that is unlikely. He will be "Hi" so your my dad? what's for dinner kind of attitude. I seriously doubt he even worries about whom his parents are.

sanjis the name
July 24, 2007, 08:57 AM
maybe he always did have a cool attitude but he will proboly not even have the slightest respect for like he does for his grandfather

Impel Down
July 24, 2007, 01:35 PM
He had a little respect for his grandpa, but his dad was "nice" to him in Loguetown, so he'll probably be like, "Hey, thanks! Wanna hang out/join my crew?"

sanjis the name
July 24, 2007, 02:27 PM
he might not even care since he didnt care if he had a father or not he was surprised that he had one.

triniman121
July 25, 2007, 12:22 AM
nothing really. luffy is luffy. he is the most carefree person in OP.

jeffhmwong
July 25, 2007, 05:54 AM
I hope both get enraged when the meet up. I want to see a fight..

bax
July 25, 2007, 06:23 AM
Well, if Luffy is with someone knowledgeable like Robin, she may tell Luffy about Dragon. But then, remember, Luffy never saw Dragon's face. In Logue Town, he was pressed by Smoker and then blown away by the gust. So, Luffy never really "know" Dragon. Even when Garp told him about his father, he even asked "I have a father?". That means, if Luffy is alone, even if they sit side by side, Luffy won't know him at all.

What happened if they met? Well, Oda might want to keep Dragon is still "mysterious" to Luffy for a while. But, I'm pretty sure, there will be something to do with the world government. I mean, Dragon is the number one criminal, metting a high bounty pirate, isn't exactly what they want. Plus, they are father and son, which will make the probability worse for the Marines. Maybe an all out battle? Marines vs Mugiwara Pirates + Revolutionaries? :p

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 09:32 AM
I've always considered Dragon to be a villain in the end, so maybe no team up. Luffy may only meet Dragon after he's revealed a bunch of evil shit he's done, and Luffy will just try to kick his ass right then and there.

caco
July 25, 2007, 12:12 PM
I've always considered Dragon to be a villain in the end, so maybe no team up. Luffy may only meet Dragon after he's revealed a bunch of evil shit he's done, and Luffy will just try to kick his ass right then and there.

Why you think Dragon is a villian, I dont see him like that he is a revolutionary he is bringing fredom to all the world from the true villian that is WG. That is how I see it.

purplerose_04
July 25, 2007, 01:46 PM
the good turn out to be the bad and the bad turn out to be the good, I don't see the WG itself is the villain because there are always exception. Each groups has their own bad and good like pirate, luffy good, arlong bad; WG, smoker good, CP9 bad...
It would be interesting to see Luffy meets Dragon... with Luffy personality nothing much will happened but i still wanna see

Tias
July 25, 2007, 03:18 PM
I bet he will go al'

''i had a father?''
lol

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 05:11 PM
Maybe when he meets Dragon, he'll set off a lightning bolt or something, and Luffy'll be like "Sugoi!"

MadFiqRidz
July 26, 2007, 03:50 AM
Luffy dont know what he looks like. Dragon probably will keep secret of his identity.

jeffhmwong
July 26, 2007, 04:55 AM
Luffy dont know what he looks like. Dragon probably will keep secret of his identity.

He knows how dragon looks like. They meet.U forgotten?

Impel Down
July 26, 2007, 09:35 AM
Yeah, he saw Dragon at Loguetown, so he may still be able to recognize him, although he may have just forgotten. But, since Luffy can get emotional at times, maybe he'll get angry at Dragon for leaving him.

tombstone
July 26, 2007, 09:51 AM
No, he never saw Dragon's face.

He was pushed face down into the ground pinned by Smoker asking "Whats going on up there".

Dragon met Luffy, but Luffy didn't "meet" Dragon, despite being 2 ft away from him.

Impel Down
July 26, 2007, 11:05 AM
Hmm...well then, maybe Dragon WILL disguise his presence when he meets Luffy, or Luffy could recognize his voice.

devicat26
July 28, 2007, 10:40 AM
Luffy's father did NOT strike me as a good guy. how Luffy's mother and father met would be an interesting speculation - the courtship was probably like a hit n' run; Dragon only came to see his son after Luffy got a bounty and proved himself worthy of his attention. not the act of a loving, decent father.
so when they meet up i think it's going to be more like a test for Luffy, his father will probably start a fight or something to see Luffy's strength and if Luffy proves himself strong Dragon will offer Luffy a place by his side of the revolutionaries.
and of course Luffy, being the idiotic, carefree monkey, will be like 'nah, i'm a pirate'. well, what's really going to happen will be interesting. it seems the dumbass genes in the Monkey family completely passed Dragon by (i mean look at Ace, Luffy and Garp. what a family)

Impel Down
July 28, 2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah, it's interesting that Dragon isn't like the other Ds. Although, he did believe in the fate thing it seems, so that's one thing that makes them similar.

mastermind05
July 28, 2007, 11:52 AM
Hmmm what should i say...

if dragon show something nice... maybe luffy will say "do you want to join my crew"
(like singing skeleton, or franky, or a reindeer stuff, luffy likes strange people)

if dragon hurt luffy nakama... luffy (with angry face) " WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY NAKAMA"

Q related to luffy dad:
- how much is the bounty?
- did he eat devil fruit?

Q related to luffy: when will oda mention about luffy mum?

ikuroi
July 30, 2007, 09:09 AM
Something simple along like this

Dragon: "I'm Monkey D Dragon your father Luffy!"
Everyone is like DOOOO~~~~N!
Luffy: "...gomu gomu nooo~~~~"

Impel Down
July 30, 2007, 10:06 AM
I doubt he would just randomly attack him, unless he's already attacked everyone. Well, he was scared of his grandpa, so maybe he would be scared of his dad?

kazamakj
August 03, 2007, 01:13 AM
He might just say do you like meat? Hahaha Luffy is so freaking carefree the only things to worry him are the food supplies, his hat and his nakama. He wouldn't care much about meeting his dad. He might thank his dad for saving him and invite him to drink and eat.

sanjis the name
August 03, 2007, 08:34 PM
luffy cant be scared from his dad because he never actully met him so he really has no fear of unlike his grandfather who left him in the forest to fend for him self.

ninjaa
August 04, 2007, 01:43 AM
"Luffy, I am your father!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

bebekhappy
August 04, 2007, 03:22 AM
Hmm...maybe a situation like this

Dragon [D] : Yo Luffy...it's been a long time since i saw you on Logue Town
Luffy [L] : Eh!? Who're you?
[D} : I'm your father Monkey D. Dragon, i set you free from Smoker in Logue Town...remember?the storm?
[L] : Eh!? Really??...
[D] : Yeah
[L] : So You're My Dad eh!?(picking nose :P)...what's up!?
[D] : What's with the attitude...I'm your father for god's sake...at least show some respect will ya?(prepare to punch him)
[L] : Ugyaaaa!?
(and they suddenly fall asleep :P)

Well it's just a joke, but i really think that Dragon isn't that really serious guy...so when they both meet there must be some slight humour. And if any chances Luffy haven't heard about Ace before he meet him, i think Dragon will tell him, and use the story to persuade Luffy to join his force. I know Luffy will say no and i think Dragon will accept it, they both have their own fate.

sanjis the name
August 04, 2007, 05:01 PM
i think that dragon might even turn out to be a bad guy and of all the D's I've seen so far he looks like hes the most serious.

aimaimaim
August 09, 2007, 12:35 AM
when they meet some D will get his ass kick.. thats for sure.. and yeah.. there will be talking about a girl/lady D.. lol XD

IgnorantSage
August 09, 2007, 12:53 AM
when they meet some D will get his ass kick.. thats for sure.. and yeah.. there will be talking about a girl/lady D.. lol XD

I suddenly had a random idea when you mentioned that.
What if Dadan is a woman?
She could be "Da D. An" :blink

Koen
August 09, 2007, 02:46 AM
I don't think there will be a hostile reaction, but neither a friendly too. Luffy isn't interested in the marines, the other pirates etc... So Dragon his anti-marine talking will only interest luffy if it's got to do something with the one piece and being a pirate king

matrice
August 09, 2007, 05:55 AM
I think that his reaction will be of total indifference, at least if his father does't treaten his friends. Maybe he will ask if he his a good guy and then if he would like to join his crew!!! (I really would like to see Dragon's reaction realizing his son is an idot). Dragon seems pretty serious compared to Luffy and his grandfather (Dragon's father), for example he don't fall asleep and he don't seem to act irrationally (neither Ace if you think.. maybe he took from histher instead than from his grandefather).

aimaimaim
August 11, 2007, 09:44 AM
I suddenly had a random idea when you mentioned that.
What if Dadan is a woman?
She could be "Da D. An" :blink

aw... who is Dadan?? i don't watch the anime and i looked at some pages at the manga where luffy's town was mentioned.. i don't see anyone named Dadan.. XD XD is it in the manga?

bax
August 11, 2007, 09:04 PM
Dadan was mentioned in chapter 440 and is assumed as the caretaker for Ace and Luffy that Garp mentioned at the end of EL arc on Water 7.

As far as the story goes, it wouldn't be too long (by OP standard) before they meet each other. One thing that might also happened, is that they (Lufffy & Dragon) will have to work together to get past one of the admirals (presumably the other two are at least as strong as Aokiji). Well, one on one, either of them might have a chance. But remember, this is an admiral fleet we are talking about. If the Buster Call ships have people in the rank of Smoker on it, it is safe to presume, there are more fearsome people on board the admiral fleet.

Eyefarted2
August 14, 2007, 10:22 PM
a happy reunion where they both hug and have dinner right afterwards. sanji will be cooking and luffy will show him his new girlfriend, nami.

IgnorantSage
August 18, 2007, 03:31 AM
a happy reunion where they both hug and have dinner right afterwards. sanji will be cooking and luffy will show him his new girlfriend, nami.

:notrust That post was did not contribute much to this discussion.

I think it will still take quite a while before Luffy and Dragon will personally meet. They might hear news about each other but I don't think they will meet yet. Knowing Oda though, it could happen right after Thriller bark (I highly doubt it).

When these two D's meet, Dragon might not want to interfere with Luffy's adventures. D's seem to have a deep regard for other people with big dreams and though Dragon's character does not share a lot of similarities with the other D's as far as the manga has shown, he will want his son to continue in his dream since Luffy always causes troubles for the WG anyway.

smellyCheese
August 19, 2007, 03:06 PM
since we don't know much about Dragon's personality, we can only guess what would happen. Imagine Luffy and Dragon on a eating contest, might go on for days!

Azhrael
October 25, 2007, 03:00 AM
if in their meeting dragon and luffy will not fight, and that means that they will respect their goals, maybe in the end, when luffy will found one piece, and when dragon will be defeate by Gorosei( just my idea...) luffy will understand what his father was doing and then will want his revenge and to bring on his father's dream...

Franckie
October 27, 2007, 10:42 AM
I can imagine the first thing Luffy is doing when he and Dragon meet is Luffy asks where the refrigerator is to fill up his stomach. Afterwards, those two will have a "chat" with each other, but I don't foresee those two having another encounter with each other until the New World is upon the SHs.

Absolutio
October 27, 2007, 06:44 PM
They'll start to talk and fall asleep at the middle.. :p
Would be funny to see a serious-supposed to be person like Dragon, with the personallity of luffy's family. :p

bebekhappy
November 05, 2007, 10:57 PM
They'll start to talk and fall asleep at the middle.. :p
Would be funny to see a serious-supposed to be person like Dragon, with the personallity of luffy's family. :p

I'm agree with you, but before Garp told Luffy that Dragon's his father, i've always believe that he's a serious character perhaps the only one in OP world.At least i'm sure there would be some funny moments when this two met:rolleyes:

mck06
November 06, 2007, 12:43 PM
Remember that Dragon says that Luffy will be the next pirate king, so he's trying to help him to archive his goals. i don't think that Dragon want to fight luffy unless he was going to test his strength. Also i don't think that Dragon Will reveal himself so easy must be a dead or live situation.
[hr]
:D and i think that Dragon real personality must be really similar to luffy's if luffy ask him for how is grandfather dragon must do a scary face like luffy.

Absolutio
November 06, 2007, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure you'll get banned pretty soon Ocropoid.

@mk06:
I don't think that dragon ever said something like luffy will be the next pirate king, and I kinda think he'll more likely use luffy to achive his own goals, than help luffy achive his goals.

Imitorar
November 06, 2007, 08:50 PM
I think Dragon is more like Ace then like Luffy. He struck me as sort of serious and determined. And Absolutio is right, Dragon liked that Luffy was doing what he wanted in defiance of the World Government. Dragon would probably try to enlist Luffy if they met, then would come to accept that Luffy doesn't wanna become Pirate King so that he can destroy the World Government, but for the adventure, and will end up encouraging Luffy to follow his dream, whether or not that brings him into conflict with the World Government.

KyleUchiha
November 11, 2007, 07:42 PM
I think they will fight. It might be more or less a conflict of interest or a misunderstanding, like what happened with Luffy vs Zoro. But I don't think either would intentionally try to kill each other in the fight, maybe just to teach the other a lesson about their ideals.

arcrouma
November 19, 2007, 11:38 PM
I don't think they will fight...as dragon saved luffy in the logue town
I'd say luffy will find dragon dying or die....or maybe just short meeting...like ace and garp
or maybe dragon will save luffy once again

MrStrawHat
November 28, 2007, 09:49 PM
I always imagined that Luffy will ask him to join him as nakama then Dragon wil stare at him like 'wth are you doing?' look. Then they will have big laugh like how a real father-son should be. (Always optimist) I dont see them fighting.... ever. Mayb back to back, but not each other.

DutchPhoenix
November 29, 2007, 07:07 AM
dragon will be picking in his nose and acting like garp i bet

Imitorar
November 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
I dunno, I think Dragon is more like Ace. Serious, mature, set on his goal. Only not as laid back as Ace. Garp seems more like Luffy, but not as simple-minded. He's set on his plans to the exclusion of everyone else's, he's loud, not exactly the most polite and etiquette-observing of people. I think Dragon is one of the more serious members of Luffy's family. The real question is, if Dragon's all serious, then what's Luffy's mother like, since he probably got alot of his... Luffy-ness from her.

Absolutio
November 29, 2007, 12:41 PM
Well.. Garp is Dragon's father, and since Luffy and Garp are so much alike, I doubt that Luffy god his Luffyness from his mother. More like it might have skipped a generation (since Dragon doesn't seem to be a "Luffy" person.. :p )

Organizized
November 29, 2007, 06:02 PM
Well, as far as we know, Dragon is one of the more serious characters in the series, and it's definitely what suits him the best. However, when we get to see more if him (most likely when he meets Luffy), I know it would crack me up if he actually turned out to be just like the rest of the family. Probably not, though.

What I find most likely is that Luffy will be quite indifferent to meeting his father. I can't see them fighting but I definitely can't see them sitting quietly, reflecting over life and the paths they have taken. Nooo way.

Absolutio
November 29, 2007, 06:13 PM
I guess when they meet each other it will be really awekward.. :s Can't believe this dumbass Luffy didn't know he had a father.. Not to mention who he was.. ><

DutchPhoenix
November 29, 2007, 06:22 PM
dragon is just like the rest of the family =D

Dark-Kaomi
November 29, 2007, 07:39 PM
dragon is just like the rest of the family =D

I would love to see him fall asleep at a random time.

arcrouma
December 11, 2007, 02:24 PM
i think dragon is just like ace
dragon saved luffy from smoker in the logue town
ace saved luffy from smoker(again) in arabasta
dragon and ace are very similar in their first appearance
although i will say that dragon will be more serious than ace (who can sleep everywhere)

Impel Down
December 11, 2007, 02:30 PM
It's not Ace's fault that he falls asleep, he's got narcolepcy.

And Dragon and Ace are somewhat more "serious" than the other Ds shown, but Ace's still pretty laid back and not as menacing as Dragon is when he smiles.

But all the Ds are pretty different. I mean, Garp and Luffy are the closest to one another, but then again, Garp raised Luffy. Maybe Dragon raised Ace. And Luffy's obvious more "food-oriented" and stupider than the rest of the Ds, whereas Saul uses reasoning and doesn't like to fight more then any of the other Ds.

Imitorar
December 11, 2007, 05:38 PM
Exactly. The basic "D" traits are the same for all of them, but they each have each trait to differing degrees, and their basic personalities differ, effecting how the "D" traits affect their personalities, how the "D" traits are exemplified by this person after being run through his personality.

TheBlackLotus
February 08, 2008, 07:50 PM
Dragon: It's been a while Luffy
Luffy: What?
Dragon: Since we met at Loguetown
Luffy's completely perplexed, and mistakes him for someone else.
Dragon explains their relationship
Luffy is still completely confused and doesn't get the connection, every one else in the SH crew is all shocked to be face to face with the world's most wanted criminal.

Some D traits come out, Luffy and Dragon have a good time and Luffy wants him as a nakama (like when he asked Ace) but Dragon will decline, probably show/give him something random but important and they'll part their seperate ways and meet up again later after a lot of indepth backstory with dragon and the monkey family in general.

Highseas7
February 15, 2008, 10:30 PM
I think that theywould fight knowing Oda he'll make Dragon like lucci the ends justify the means! and they would fight until someone wins i mean not all D's are god as we can see BB

Superman
February 16, 2008, 11:28 AM
i mean not all D's are god as we can see BB

true, if that would be the case op would be fucking boring."Arrrrrrrrrr" sorry thats not funny

Wale
February 16, 2008, 02:46 PM
Well i think Dragon will ask Luffy to join the rebellion and after Luffy rejects they will have a fight or Dragon gives Luffy a speak about the New World or something like that..

Highseas7
February 16, 2008, 02:49 PM
i dont think he would he belives luffy should follow his own way i mean that y he helped him in logue town and superman that joke was funny so dont feel bad i giggled i swear

black_crow
February 16, 2008, 03:12 PM
I think that when they meet Luffy will have no idea who he is
then someone will go into a long indepth explanation about who he is and his whole life history
then Luffy will be lost and say "o i see" and blindly accept it:luffy

ElUniversal
February 19, 2008, 12:05 AM
Well.. Garp is Dragon's father, and since Luffy and Garp are so much alike, I doubt that Luffy god his Luffyness from his mother. More like it might have skipped a generation (since Dragon doesn't seem to be a "Luffy" person.. :p )

We don't know if Dragon is Garp's son....maybe Luffy's mother is Garp's daughter, and she is/was some kind of marine
And maybe Dragon's father is Gol D. Rogers :blink...or probably not...:p

lordHokage
February 19, 2008, 09:50 AM
I want to know what you all think will happen when luffy finally meets his dad

I think luffy will be bitterly enraged that his father walked out on him and only now shows up when he needs him for his strength

I think Luffy would embrace his father after he beat the living crap out of him, it only natural for a neglected child to response in that manner. :blink

Z-DarkSlayer-Z
June 29, 2010, 07:10 AM
We don't know if Dragon is Garp's son....maybe Luffy's mother is Garp's daughter, and she is/was some kind of marine
And maybe Dragon's father is Gol D. Rogers :blink...or probably not...:p

actualy we know that garp is dragon's father. Luffy's name is Monkey D. Luffy so Dragon's name is Monkey D. Dragon and Garp's name is Monkey D. Garp so yeah... Garp is Dragon's father. :darn yeah i know... it's kinda complicated xD

DARK
June 29, 2010, 10:16 AM
Luffy brushes him off, simply because he doesn't care about his father.

gosakurago
July 12, 2010, 04:14 PM
hmm it depends on the situation in which they meet. my guess is that oda wont introduce dragon to luffy until some dire situation happens (probably w/ the WG), in which luffy is either brought to dragon or he decides to go to see his father on his own. luffy will probably end up showing off his strength to his dad first before they even talk. but thats all just speculation. :)

BetaRuler
July 12, 2010, 06:53 PM
i reckon it COULD be related to the latest chapter with Rayleigh giving Luffy a sidequest! Which leads to Luffy being brought to Dragon with a huge "DUN DUN DUUUUUNNN", and Dragon sitting on a throne being like "SUP?" but really slow...

frontaLobotomy
July 12, 2010, 07:15 PM
Luffy will probably be pretty nonchalant about it. It's not like Dragon has really been there for him. I doubt he'd be mad at him like Ace was with Roger, but it won't be at all nostalgic. I'd be willing to bet that they're both scared of Garp though.

anaskr
July 18, 2010, 12:43 AM
luffy is pretty matured when it comes to a relationship !! he will just have a talk ... like hey father hows it going? what you doing? do you wanna be the pirate king? dont come in my way cuz i am gonna be the pirate king and if its u in my way i will need to beat you too... if it was garp who luffy wud have told this garp wud have punched him hard , but dragon will mostly have a wicked smile !! and then luffy will depart !! i dont think there would be anything important !!

dragon may follow luffy to see what he is doing after that ...

one piece could be the last piece of the the OP world where these citizen of Will of D stay !! and luffy will be its king sooner or later which roger cudn because of his health.. he never wanted to risk their lifes and change the outcome.. maybe this was the first time where roger had run :)

PaPiPuPePo~
July 26, 2010, 05:32 PM
the problem is we dont know what for a nature dragon has is he a funny one or a cold one hmmm
its so hard to imagine
i dont know maybe
luffy: ah so ka so you are my dad nice to meet you
Dragon: ????????( dont know really XD)
luffy: this is zoro hes a baka has no sense of direction hahaha
Zoro: SHut up!
Lu: Usopp he is a LIar
Uso: Oi
Lu: Sanji he loves woman
Sanji: *sees a cute revou. girl* mellorine melllorin XD
lu: my navigator nami she loves money und mikans
nami: *she is scared*
Lu:chopper our ship doctor cool 7-transform reindeer
chopper:*hide behind robin*
lu: this is robin
Ro: so this is the leader of the revou.
Lu: Franky our shipwright
Fra: Hentai???
Lu: Our Musician Brook he is a skeleton with a afro
Bro: yohoohho hello luffysdad nice to meet you watashi wa brook desu *open his head*
Lu: Dont they crack you?
Dragon: ?????????????????
Iva: so it was true that the curly eyebrow is mugiboys nakama
Sanji: shut up *turns to the girl * Mellorine mellorin XD
really i have no idea :P

chess4
July 26, 2010, 05:38 PM
i dont think dragon will be cold to luffy, but it will be awkward since they have never met. i think dragon left luffy for his protection. dragon knew taking luffy with him would put him into danger, so he let him with garp. i think the reason dragon started the RA will be centered around luffy's mother.

dragon and luffy look nothing alike, so im sure luffy gets his looks and attitude from his mother. i think dragon will tell luffy what the will of D and tell him why he started the RA

PaPiPuPePo~
July 26, 2010, 05:59 PM
i dont think dragon will be cold to luffy, but it will be awkward since they have never met. i think dragon left luffy for his protection. dragon knew taking luffy with him would put him into danger, so he let him with garp. i think the reason dragon started the RA will be centered around luffy's mother.

dragon and luffy look nothing alike, so im sure luffy gets his looks and attitude from his mother. i think dragon will tell luffy what the will of D and tell him why he started the RA
i mean with cold
dont show his emotion or something like that dont like to show his emotion
uff i cant wait until they meet
maybe dragon says to luffy
'Iam proud luffy'Kyaaa omg cant wait XD
i think the same he left luffy behind to protect him x3

Bugzee
July 26, 2010, 06:42 PM
I can't imagine or describe the scene when they do eventually meet in OP lol. However, I do believe that we'll learn something about Luffy's mother around this time ("this time" referring to the moments that will lead to Luffy x Dragon meeting for the very first time since Luffy was born, maybe!?)

Garp - Hero of the Marines; his son being...Dragon; RV Leader, the most dangerous and most wanted man in the world oh and his son is the one and only...Monkey D. Luffy! COME ON! We're bound to be informed of and learn about Luffy's mother somewhere in the near future. Whether she is still alive or not...I don't know.