PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Eyeshield 21 by MURATA Yuusuke and INAGAKI Riichiro

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sorata
November 07, 2006, 01:05 PM
Don´t you think that Eyeshield 21 is a manga that goes beyond characters and action play??I was thinking and came to that conclusion, in every manga if you don´t like a character you don´t like the way he acts and even the way he fights or play, for example i hate Sasuke(Naruto) so even if he come up with a 300Chidori, 50Sharingan and if he puts one hell of a fight(against Naruto, Gaara, etc) i still can´t like those just because he is in it, the same goes to lot of characters like Myata(Hajime no Ippo), Ball(666 Satan), Mikagami(Flame of Recca), Kuchiki Byakuia(Bleach), etc.
So my point is that in Eyeshield 21 that don´t happens, for example Agon, i really hate that guy, but it rocks when Agon play against Deimon, all his plays were great and the "feeling" behind him is great as well, i was allways waiting for a new ES21 release to see more of Agon; so i think that everyone that reads ES21 has that feeling for those 5 characters - Shin, Agon, Ikkyu, Kid and Akaba: because even if you don´t like some of them you can´t help becoming stunn when you read their plays.
Adding that to a bunch of funny main characters and the "Commander of Hell"(Hiruma), Es21 is one of the top 3 manga that i read(i have already read more than 200 manga tittles of all types Shoujo, Shonen and Seinen).
Don´t you have the same feeling when you are reading ES21?????
[hr]
The Eyeshield 21 forum is now closed. All discussion can continue in this thread. The forum can still be viewed here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/149-Fullmetal-Alchemist).

Chidoki
November 07, 2006, 01:10 PM
I got that same feeling like Agon or Akaba or whoever else is amazing even if they are cocky or a total @$$ they are still brilliant geniuses or hard workers...the same feeling for all the other mangas (slightly different, meaning I don't hate them that much but the outcome of their defeat and such or whatever it is that is)

OS.Hoshi
November 07, 2006, 08:33 PM
Lol, I COMPLETELY agree with you, Sorata. I give all my thanks to the genius behind all these lovable characters, writer Riichiro Inagaki. I have also read LOTS of manga titles. There are some that I get into just cuz the plot is somewhat interesting & the art style is nice. However, they usually don't fill me with excitement. I just read 'em cuz I really enjoy manga, but the characters OR the story don't capture me.

Es21, however, is a manga that far exceeded my first expectations. I even disliked sports!! But it was the characters that captured me so much... I like Naruto bcuz of the action, but my affinity does not grow for the characters. E21 is the opposite. I dislike Agon's personality, but in the end, his involvement in the plot & the AWESOME game he played againts Deimon was Amazing!! It's not that I like the guy now, but man, do I get glad to see him JUST cuz I know something cool will happen when he's around XD
& ALL the other characters too! Even Apollo who was racist, he turned out cool cuz it was him who had inspired Panther =D & I also enjoyed watching Yoichi toy with him! XD

Such has led me to think that having a writer AND and artist helps a lot. The writer can focus solely on the characters & plot, while the artist just worries about the art =] I noticed that some mangaka who make looong series sometimes forget little details from the past. E21, however, has adecuate usage of flashbacks. At some point, a character's dialogue will trace back to a SMALL event that happened in much much earlier volumes! Now THAT's really keeping in mind Everything that you've done! *applauds*

& of course, let's not forget that it's thanks to Murata-sensei's KICKASS art that E21 made it from writing to one of THE TOP BEST manga I've ever read ^_____________^

...thanks for taking the time to read my rambling...!! =P

Fullmetalsasukefreak
November 07, 2006, 08:50 PM
Es21, however, is a manga that far exceeded my first expectations. I even disliked sports!! But it was the characters that captured me so much... I like Naruto bcuz of the action, but my affinity does not grow for the characters.

*gasps* you disliked sports?1 I love sports, but before I read Es21, I though football was gay, but now I'm really interested in it. I play a little in Gym class sometimes, and even scored a touchdown once, although I'm a girl, ^^' I totally agree with you O.S.Hoshi. Naruto is awesome, but the plot is kinda getting duller, but the action scenes rock! ^^ I love the characters in es21 so much!!! XDDDDD especially Hiruma and Riku, they somewhat looked alike in the first few chapters Riku appeared in, in volume 16, I think. ^W^

oh yeah, O.S.Hoshi, where'd you get that signature?!! I luv it!!! ^___________________^

OS.Hoshi
November 07, 2006, 09:12 PM
oh yeah, O.S.Hoshi, where'd you get that signature?!! I luv it!!!

Thanks, I made it myself -^^- Took me HOURS @_@' (& if you look closely, u'll notice the shoulder looks kinda funny XD) It was inspired by the DeimonShinryuji game. Specially the interview where Yoichi explains why he plays Amefuto: "Because it's fun." =D

Xophien
November 08, 2006, 05:27 AM
I didn't like real Amefuto before ES21, I still don't like it, but that doesn't prevent me from cherishing ES21 like one of my favorite :amuse I've read a lot of mangas, watched a lot of animes, and it's true that there are way too few of them where I liked all characters like in Eyeshield (maybe Full Metal Alchemist). And I like Agon because he is insanely cool and truly evil :amuse

Such has led me to think that having a writer AND and artist helps a lot. The writer can focus solely on the characters & plot, while the artist just worries about the art =] I noticed that some mangaka who make looong series sometimes forget little details from the past. E21, however, has adecuate usage of flashbacks. At some point, a character's dialogue will trace back to a SMALL event that happened in much much earlier volumes! Now THAT's really keeping in mind Everything that you've done! *applauds*

I totally agree with that, having a writer and an artist for a manga leaves enough time to the writer to plan carefully the story, and to the artist to make wonderful drawings. It's true that there are not that many mangas where a single mangaka manages to make awesome art while keeping an insanely good scenario for a long time (One Piece is one, Naruto isn't), and I always thought that if you took for exemple Karakuri Circus, awesomely written and poorly drawn by Kazuhiro Fujita, leaving him the writing part and getting Oh Great! (awesome artist and extremely bad writer of Tenjo Tenge) as the artist, Karakuri Circus would have probably been on the the best mangas of these past years (instead of that there's hardly anyone who know it exists...). There are a lot less mangas created by a team of writer/artist, but it seems to me that their overall quality is better (Eyeshield 21, Getbackers, and Shin Angyo Onshi are some of the best out there^^)

Part of the reason Es21 is so good is most likely because it is the work of two really talented individuals who seem to work well as a team, and, it's pretty obvious that they like creating it just as much as we like to read it :amuse

Musashi Gen
November 08, 2006, 07:02 AM
Honestly, I even don't like watching Amefuto, considering the sight of being knock down by an opposing player. It was coincidence that lead me to become a fanatic to Eyeshield 21, when I visited this site for anime torrents. Eyeshield 21 didn't quite arouse my curiosity upon researching it in the Anime News Network. However, due to boredom, I tried surfing the net for the anime itself. Upon watching the anime, an intense flame of passion engulfed me that purges my very soul to read the manga itself. It was one anime and manga that I could relate in the real world, besides the ninjas and pirates..XD :p

Part of the reason Es21 is so good is most likely because it is the work of two really talented individuals who seem to work well as a team, and, it's pretty obvious that they like creating it just as much as we like to read it :amuse

I totally agree. Without the efforts of these two talented individuals, Eyeshield 21 would not came into existence in the anime world. The plot and art is so cool that could even drive you to read more new chapters. Their team-up created the success of Eyeshield 21's popularity to readers like me. :amuse

manu
November 08, 2006, 02:31 PM
Oh i just noticed this topic. Well it seems that everyone here is like me in not enjoying football (please stop calling it Amefuto its ridiculous) at first but growing close to ES21. I read it from Shounen Jump but hated their slow release and thats how I came here, in search for ES21 not Naruto or Bleach cuz I didn't feel the same urgency. As for the team theory I have to agree that I can't imagine the manga being made from one author and still looking kickass but it is possible. Just look at Hunter x Hunter, though I guess Toshiga has expierence on his side.

As for really good plots and art manga that are also made from teams lets not forget Hikaru no go and Death Note. Those series both were addicting and actually had an end, hopefully eyeshield ends as good as those two mangas.

Xophien
November 08, 2006, 06:14 PM
(please stop calling it Amefuto its ridiculous)

For me, football is the thing you call soccer in the US, and, unlike Amefuto, you actually use your feet to play it XD I'm never going to call a sport where you almost only use your hands football XD Hence amefuto :noworry

manu
November 08, 2006, 06:30 PM
well if you take japanese then you know only the japanese call it amefuto. just like they call basketball basuteki baloo i think. i suck at katakan, but the point is to call it amefuto when its a american sport sounds weird to a person from america. i guess no one wants to bother righting american football.

Musashi Gen
November 08, 2006, 07:09 PM
Heheh...What matters most is that they are both the same, besides Amefuto kinda sound nice than American Football. ^^"

OS.Hoshi
November 09, 2006, 12:54 AM
As for really good plots and art manga that are also made from teams lets not forget Hikaru no go and Death Note. Those series both were addicting and actually had an end, hopefully eyeshield ends as good as those two mangas.

Mm, yesh, Obata's art is SO nice *_* & OMG! I JUST spoiled myself on the DeathNote ending & I'm horrified..! *mouth drops*

i guess no one wants to bother righting american football.

Heheh, I use "Amefuto" simply cuz it's shorter than saying "American Football." (4 syllables vs 6) XD

Gold Knight
November 23, 2006, 04:52 AM
While I can appreciate the fanboyism of ES21 going on here (as I'm a big fan myself), let's try not to make a habit of starting too many topics where we're basically just spamming about its awesomeness, 'kay, guys? ;)

I'm going to change this topic title to the ES21 Mega Convo, and make it more or less an all-purpose discussion thread of ES21. You can talk about how you started reading ES21, why you like it so much, etc.

ThE WoRm
November 23, 2006, 05:28 AM
Didn't I give a deadline here? Oo
My message is gone, and so is my dignity on this one. Kay, I'll try keeping it up to one thread, if anything will pop up any time I'll just put it into here I guess...

Anyways, I've started ES21 because I was suppose to translate the anime into hebrew, got addicted, started watching the anime, and then moved to the manga, got addicted there, and on the releasing sprea of F-M I joined them as a cleaner, couple of days later, I've decided to start translating. That's how it all started!

Xophien
November 23, 2006, 05:30 AM
Sorry GK, it's true that though we, ES21 fanboys, are overall a lot less spamming nerds than Naruto fanboys, it's always quite hard to stay away from the spam wonderland^^"

Anyway, since this topic has now the goal of being an all-purpose ES21 thread, here's a thought I had while carrying my vacuum cleaner (yeah) : Isn't it a shame that we don't see a little more of the characters' families ? I mean, for all we know, it seems that everyone except Habashira and obviously Agon/Unsui and Natsuhiko/Suzuna have no siblings. (almost forgot about Ishimaru) I think it would have been nice to have some characters like a little brother for Kurita, various siblings for Toganou and Kuroki, and see them in the stands during the matches... :oh

I think Hiruma has an older sister, most likely in University and with another black book XD But will we ever know about Hiruma's family ? Will they visit him in the hospital after he gets trampled by the Gaousaur ? (or Ikari, at this rate ?) We already have many great characters, but still, I think it's too bad we don't see more of their families :amuse

Gold Knight
November 23, 2006, 06:04 AM
I think we will learn more about Hiruma's family at some point. We did have that scene where his father was trying to call him on his phone. I have the impression that Hiruma and his father has a broken relationship, and I don't think he has any other surviving immediate family members...

I think ES21 actually shows more about the characters' families than most manga do. In some mangas, we never meet the protagonists' parents!

Btw, I started reading ES21 via Viz releases, in case anybody wondered. I think I'm glad I did, though - some of the early online scans had kinda botched translations. I doubt I would have kept reading if it hadn't been translated well, so I owe Viz one for that... even if they translated Hiruma's usual swearing differently - ie. "damn midget" instead ^^;

ThE WoRm
November 23, 2006, 06:17 AM
Hahahaha, GK, did you read vol 6 with Viz scans? Please tell me no, because that one sucked (will forever hate vol 6 of Viz for what they did there)

I myself didn't really read the first volumes, started somewhere along the lines of volume 6, because I've seen all of those parts in the anime.

And well, that first post, how much it looked fanboyish from the topic was really throughtly and well made, made it hard for me to give a decision to what to do with it ^^"

Gold Knight
November 23, 2006, 06:26 AM
This place needed a Mega Convo anyway, heh...

As for vol. 6 of Viz, I started reading the online scans at vol. 9, actually. So yeah, I read it. I went back to read the online scans of vol. 1-3 to see the differences, but I don't think I read the online scans of vol. 6. What's the difference you hate?

ThE WoRm
November 23, 2006, 06:29 AM
The one where Agon meets Sena, I once had a folder of the "best of ES21", and that was in there, go through the scans of volume 6, and you'll understand, it's the part where Agon hits on Mamo and then Sena tries to do something, and Agon OWNS him, and after that, Sena does "conclusions about Agon" which was translated so poorly in Viz... ;;

Gold Knight
November 23, 2006, 07:00 AM
Hm, didn't see a difference between these translations. I just read Ya-Ha's online scan of chapter 51 and compared it to Viz's, nearly identical...? Page 5 of chapter 51, right?

ThE WoRm
November 23, 2006, 07:19 AM
I think it was after that, the place where Sena goes "He's evil", that's the page I'm talking about Oo

Xophien
November 23, 2006, 07:32 AM
Gotta love when a moderator and the admin are spamming a topic XD

Ayway, I came to ES21 though french releases by Glénat, and guys, we french sure are lucky to have such a great quality for our mangas :amuse Good translations, no censorship, little to none western localization, often traduction notes, and some publishers even keep the honorifics^^" The ES21 french version by Glénat is really great as well :amuse

Musashi Gen
November 23, 2006, 07:44 AM
Kinda envy you all, a mod, an admin and a trans! :crying

In our place, it is sure difficult to find ES21 releases unless an Anime Expo is being held, however, not 100% sure if someone would sell such masterpiece of Inagaki. I kinda hate why we preoccupy ourselves with the anime being shown in our place with their corresponding manga, popularity stands among us. If Naruto and Bleach is the fad in our youth, majority would grab the opportunity to make use of it by selling collectibles.

Someday or somehow, after finishing my studies, I'll definetely start my own collection of my favorite manga as an outlet of expression! :noworry

ThE WoRm
November 23, 2006, 08:11 AM
You can always open up a mangashop, like my friend did.

And me and GK had a really into the convo talk, we didn't spam the thread. It's a place to talk about a lot of general things, like GK said.

Luckas
November 23, 2006, 09:28 AM
Gotta love when a moderator and the admin are spamming a topic XD

Ayway, I came to ES21 though french releases by Glénat, and guys, we french sure are lucky to have such a great quality for our mangas :amuse Good translations, no censorship, little to none western localization, often traduction notes, and some publishers even keep the honorifics^^" The ES21 french version by Glénat is really great as well :amuse
How much does manga cost where you live? I heard mangas in France are very expensive with very good releases.

Xophien
November 23, 2006, 09:36 AM
And me and GK had a really into the convo talk, we didn't spam the thread. It's a place to talk about a lot of general things, like GK said.

Gomen, didn't mean "spam" in a bad way, just in a "rapid posts" way :amuse

You can always open up a mangashop, like my friend did.

That would be my dream. That or becoming a translator for a manga publishing company (someday, maybe^^"). Ah, wouldn't it be great translating ES21 chapters and getting payed for that ? XD

How much does manga cost where you live? I heard mangas in France are very expensive with very good releases.

That depends on the publisher. The cheapest publisher is at 5.75€ for a manga (1€=1.3$ right now), most of the other publishers are at either 6.5€ (like ES21) or 6.95€, the most expensive publisher sells between 8.95€ and 10.95€, but the size of the books is bigger. The best ones for quality/price are the 6.95€, I guess, but that doesn't mean that the cheapest ones are of bad quality :amuse

Yeah, I know that was kinda off-topic but that's my 250th post^^"

ThE WoRm
November 23, 2006, 09:39 AM
congrats on your 250 XDDD

So they cost the same as in america. The one for ES21 is 7.99$ and the most expansive is 12.99$ or a little more (dark horse stuff).

Luckas
November 23, 2006, 09:51 AM
In Italy, as an example, Gantz volume 18 costs 4€ (chaps from 203 to 214), the volume has average/good quality but most of the time with a little or null extras, and it has 2 cover: one in black and white and one coloured.

OS.Hoshi
November 23, 2006, 03:11 PM
But will we ever know about Hiruma's family ? Will they visit him in the hospital after he gets trampled by the Gaousaur ? (or Ikari, at this rate ?) We already have many great characters, but still, I think it's too bad we don't see more of their families :amuse

You're starting to scare me.. u really want Yoichi hurt that badly? XD

Anyway, I met E21 thru Viz as well. I luv SJ, so I subscribe, & the moment they released a preview of E21, I decided to check it out cuz it looked like fun. & here I am! =D

Xophien
November 23, 2006, 05:52 PM
You're starting to scare me.. u really want Yoichi hurt that badly? XD

Yes. Why, you don't ? :oh

... Of course I don't want that :darn But we know so little on Hiruma's past, the reason he started Amefuto, his family, and since I can't imagine him talking about himself, his mental barriers need to be taken down, with either physical damage (Ikari or Gaou will do that part) or mental damage (the relief of qualifying for the Christmas Bowl ?). Then we may see a more vulnerable side of Hiruma... And I'm really curious about that :noworry

Sure, it may sound like a harsh treatment of our favorite demon, but like he would say himself : "You can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." :amuse

manu
November 23, 2006, 07:03 PM
Oooh this topic did get renamed.

Happy Birthday to ThE WoRm!

Well since we're talking about quality of manga earlier I think that somebody should give Fucking-Manga a Phoenix down since Eyeshield 21 deserves HQ scans.

OS.Hoshi
November 23, 2006, 07:17 PM
Yes..HQ scans! Oh! & happy b-day Worm!

[Hiruma's] mental barriers need to be taken down, with either physical damage (Ikari or Gaou will do that part) or mental damage (the relief of qualifying for the Christmas Bowl ?). Then we may see a more vulnerable side of Hiruma...

See his vulnerable side? Hmnnmmn... nut sure it'd be the "right" thing.... >< I personally like him best when he has his demonic grin on & is having fun blasting things away. I prefer him like that instead of seeing him all serious &/or mad (unless he's SO furious he's just beating the crap outta someone on the spot XD)

Anyway, to another thing. What do you guys think of the results of "best eleven"? I would have changed Ikkyu instead of Haruto (tho, I know Ikkyu's position is a cornerback, he can replace Haru in catching! It's also funny how the 2 receivers would be both shrimps in this case XD). & whatelse... I forgot Shinryuji's lineman's name, but I'd prefer to have Daikichi (Komosubi) or Ikari instead of him =] That's MY choice for the "best eleven" & of course Mamo-nee as manager! X]

Musashi Gen
November 23, 2006, 08:20 PM
Hmmm...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WoRm!

Speaking of popularity, ES21 is quite popular in Europe, especially France. They are always updated on the chapter releases and the anime episodes. Also, I just like the ES21 artbook, including an up close to the man responsible for Slam Dunk. Never realized that the characters that we see now in the manga underwent a lot of changes from their first perception. What made me laugh was the earlier version of Hiruma...he look likes a gay for me. ^^" While doing my surf, I came up with this cool and informative site of ES21, however, the good news is..they planned to open ES21 fans worldwide, thus coming up with an English version. The only drawback is...only few of its features were translated into English, the rest were French. The more I don't know Japanese, the more on French! To compensate, I had to go to a translator website...T_T

Xoph, correct me if I am wrong but you're a French right? You must have hooked with ES21 on your place...

Well since we're talking about quality of manga earlier I think that somebody should give Fucking-Manga a Phoenix down since Eyeshield 21 deserves HQ scans.

I agree. The HQ quality scans of Fucking-Manga are superb, but sad to say, are they still functional? I took a visit at their forums, some threads were full of spams! I think major help is badly needed...^_^

Xophien
November 24, 2006, 11:03 AM
Speaking of popularity, ES21 is quite popular in Europe, especially France.[...]
Xoph, correct me if I am wrong but you're a French right? You must have hooked with ES21 on your place...

It's actually not that popular, well, far behind One Piece, FMA and Bleach (which are really, really far behind Naruto :notrust), but it's true it sells pretty well. It's always the same problem, I'm pretty sure not even 1% of the french population know American Football rules, or watched a match in all their life (Rugby is a lot more popular), so of course it's nowhere as popular as it should be. For the july/september period, the vol09 of Eyeshield was the 34th best sale... While there were 5 different volumes of Naruto (:notrust) in the 30 best sales...

OS.Hoshi
November 25, 2006, 10:19 AM
Ooh, really? There's a couple of websites that are in French & they're VERY helpful! & btw, I like ur new icon, Xoph

Oh, yeah, Gen, Yoichi had some pretty BAD first sketches...XD

Musashi Gen
November 25, 2006, 10:31 AM
Oh, yeah, Gen, Yoichi had some pretty BAD first sketches...XD

What do you mean?!? XDD

ThE WoRm
November 26, 2006, 07:39 AM
Well, fucking-manga aren't dead, there are things up, that's all... I don't want to point fingers, so I'll only say that much ^^"

And thanks everyone for the HB on my birthday ^^"

And youichi looked terible in the pilot, we must agree...

OS.Hoshi
November 28, 2006, 08:51 AM
What do you mean?!? XDD

I mean that in the first character design sketches, Yoichi looked BAD! I mean..is that lipstick on his mouth?? He looks like a CLOW!! An UGLY one!!! XP but, ah... the Yoichi of now is hot! XD

Btw, could there be, by ANY chance, anyone interestedin translating ANY section of the artbook? I'm planning to purchase it & even rip the pages off carefully to have better scans around.. X]

Xophien
November 28, 2006, 10:28 AM
Btw, could there be, by ANY chance, anyone interestedin translating ANY section of the artbook? I'm planning to purchase it & even rip the pages off carefully to have better scans around.. X]

The mangashop owner I know (who is a good friend, ever since I give him every months most of my money XD) will, I hope, get me the artbook soon :noworry If I'm not too busy when I get it, I might as well look if I can translate it :amuse (but no way I'm ripping it off to scan it ! You must be quite crazy, Hoshi-san XD)

OS.Hoshi
November 30, 2006, 12:51 PM
but no way I'm ripping it off to scan it ! You must be quite crazy, Hoshi-san XD

Well, it's just that it's more suitable for me to have it on the comp than in a book, really XD Plus, I can post my fav pages up on my wall. I'll do that & maybe later in life get a 2nd copy for "preserving purposes"

manu
December 17, 2006, 06:39 PM
Xoph, are there any other Omake's like the one of Cereburus and Hiruma meeting? If you translate like a bundle I'll edit/typeset as much as I can before christmas.

Xophien
December 17, 2006, 06:53 PM
Xoph, are there any other Omake's like the one of Cereburus and Hiruma meeting? If you translate like a bundle I'll edit/typeset as much as I can before christmas.

Unfortunately I don't have any. Most of the times the omake are released with the tankōbon, and we usually only get the chapter raws, not full volumes. But if someone could provide some omake raws, i'd gladly translate it^^ Same thing if someone can provide the last ES21 artbook, I could partially translate it, I guess :amuse

manu
December 17, 2006, 07:00 PM
you could check www.rawmanga.com I guess, they have eyeshield 21

Luckas
December 19, 2006, 12:19 PM
Where can I find the omake about Hiruma and Cereberos?

manu
December 19, 2006, 12:53 PM
Xoph used to have it in his sig, He currently has it somewhere else but when he comes around you can ask him where he put it.

Xophien
December 19, 2006, 01:54 PM
E~to... ah, yes, they're here :

Page 01 (http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5510/hstxes21ch196omake01lf0.jpg)
Page 02 (http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/1638/hstxes21ch196omake02nx4.jpg)

196th down omake, here you go :amuse

Luckas
December 19, 2006, 03:45 PM
It does seem as it lacks a page. :confused

manu
December 19, 2006, 03:58 PM
Nope, thats the point. Monta was asking where in the story they became friends cuz it doesn't make sense.

Luckas
December 19, 2006, 04:04 PM
Nope, thats the point. Monta was asking where in the story they became friends cuz it doesn't make sense.
Ok, now I finally get it. Thanks.

manu
December 19, 2006, 04:16 PM
>.> its not funny if i have to explain it... Well I hoped you still enjoyed it ^^

Luckas
December 19, 2006, 05:02 PM
Often I don't get the humor. I know it and I accepeted it :eyeroll :D

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 04:20 PM
:headscratch

Do you think I'd enjoy Eyeshield 21? or is it an acquired taste?

I'm asking this because I'veheard that alot of people reading it now and say it's interesting. I'm a pretty busy person so I can't sit arouns waiting for a mange that starts out bad to get good so help me out please.

Some of the manga that I've read and liked alot are :

HunterXHunter
Naruto
BLEACH
D.Gray Man
One Piece
666 Satan
Deathnote

So if yo'd reccomend it I'll be glad for some insight into the story or some reasons why I'd like or reasons why you'd like it.

Also If you think Eyeshield 21 isn't for everyone don't be scared to tell me that it's something that doesn't appeal to everyone.

Thanks

:kkthumbs

Luckas
December 21, 2006, 04:43 PM
I think you should like it.

Xophien
December 21, 2006, 04:58 PM
Seeing your list of favorite mangas, there are no reasons for you to not like ES21 :thumbs

It has a great story, a very good art (though at the beginning it's isn't that good but it gets really better from volume 05 onwards), a lot of funny moments, also movings parts, and, last but not least, the best characters ever. The fact that this is a sports manga about american football should stop anyone from reading it, because it's unlike any other sports manga ever released, and most of the regulars here in the Eyeshield forum like myself don't even like american football :amuse Even those who likes american football likes it anyway, it just seems that everyone that gives this manga a try ends loving it. I have yet to find someone who doesn't like it after reading it, actually.

So you can go for it. It is part of the best four of Jump (with One Piece, Naruto and Bleach) for a good reason : it's one of the best mangas ever :nuts

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 06:00 PM
Seeing your list of favorite mangas, there are no reasons for you to not like ES21 :thumbs

It has a great story, a very good art (though at the beginning it's isn't that good but it gets really better from volume 05 onwards), a lot of funny moments, also movings parts, and, last but not least, the best characters ever. The fact that this is a sports manga about american football should stop anyone from reading it, because it's unlike any other sports manga ever released, and most of the regulars here in the Eyeshield forum like myself don't even like american football :amuse Even those who likes american football likes it anyway, it just seems that everyone that gives this manga a try ends loving it. I have yet to find someone who doesn't like it after reading it, actually.

So you can go for it. It is part of the best four of Jump (with One Piece, Naruto and Bleach) for a good reason : it's one of the best mangas ever :nuts

Thanks alot I'll be sure to check it out !!!

:kkthumbs

OS.Hoshi
December 21, 2006, 06:07 PM
O, yes, just like any other good shonen manga, give E21 a try, & u'll be convinced! X]

Gold Knight
December 25, 2006, 03:33 PM
No, it's not really an acquired taste. Even readers who know nothing about American Football enjoy this manga, and it's because of the excellent cast. I have yet to hear of anybody who tried ES21 and disliked it. If you have a thing for comedy and quirky personalities at all, totally go for it.

sushi
December 29, 2006, 03:29 AM
I donno nything bout American football
if you really like One Piece I am very sure you'd like es21 cause I do...

try few chaps so you can judge it by urself

Xophien
December 29, 2006, 07:47 PM
GK-sama was kind enough enough to make an American Football Q&A thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12726.0) in the sports forum. So if, like me, you are totally lost about American Football rules, yet willing to learn, use his thread to ask questions :yaha

deathshadow25
January 11, 2007, 05:08 PM
Okay everyone thanks for your input. I will now proceed to read the Eyeshield 21 manga.

Look forward to seeing me in the E21 foums soon ok

I'm Locking this Topic

aznskman
March 03, 2007, 12:32 AM
eyeshield 21 really got me into football. at first, i didn't care much for it and now that i see. im really interest in sports more. and its so exciting with surprises everywhere

catchmaster80
March 18, 2007, 11:21 AM
hello i want to know what happened to deimonhigh.com? any help will help. thanks!

Moving this thread to the Mega Convo since the topic is not related to the Eyeshield 21 manga discussion.

kadodo
March 20, 2007, 11:53 AM
I surely don't know. I see that it is all about death note instead of Eyeshield 21.

sushi
April 07, 2007, 07:44 PM
I know amefuto through eye shield21

Xophien
April 10, 2007, 03:56 PM
It's been a few days already, but it lacks a proper announcement : OS.Hoshi is now co-modding the ES21 boards. Congrats to her :yaha

Now if you give her a hard time I'll have you all banned and Gaou-tackled :smile-big

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
April 10, 2007, 08:22 PM
And if you're the one giving her a hard time, Xoph, I'd gaou-crushed you and make Banba tackle you, Ikari went on a rampage and Cerberos bite your butt. :D

OS.Hoshi
April 12, 2007, 11:46 AM
XD Good to know I'm well protected! 8D If anything like that comes up, I'll be sure to enjoy the bone-crushing show!

Anyway, yes, I have now been promoted to mod! So if there's anything I can help a new or lost Es21 fan, you can ask me or Xoph! =]

MNL1989
April 17, 2007, 01:33 PM
well how is everybody doing im just introducing myself to all the ES21 fans since I know you have seen my predictions as of lately and i'd like to be on good terms with everybody

Xophien
April 17, 2007, 01:49 PM
Welcome on board MNL, each and every new ES21 fans are most welcome here :thumbs Let's keep giving ES21 much love :yaha

MNL1989
April 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
thats no problem at all with me

OS.Hoshi
April 18, 2007, 04:53 PM
I Welcome you to the Es21 section also, MNL! =D *fireworks* Any suggestions or contributions are muchly appreciated! ^__^

MNL1989
April 19, 2007, 03:07 PM
Thank you to you too Hoshi and your signature is awesome

OS.Hoshi
April 19, 2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks! I make a new Avatar + Sig every month to suit a certain theme =D So keep ur eye out! ^__^

MNL1989
May 13, 2007, 06:18 AM
ok and ill be sure to let you know what I think of them ^_^
[hr]
Hey Hoshi and Xophien what do you guys think of the new signature I made?

Xophien
May 13, 2007, 06:53 AM
Hey Hoshi and Xophien what do you guys think of the new signature I made?

It's really nice :thumbs What font did you use for the text ? *always looking for new fonts*

MNL1989
May 13, 2007, 07:31 AM
the font is called "Dimitri Swank"

OS.Hoshi
May 15, 2007, 06:51 AM
You know what, MNL? I reeeeally like the colors ^_^ the Brown really does it's job here. You should center it! Add [*center] insert image here [/*center] without the * to your code =]

Btw, did you stretch it horizontally so that the number 21 on Sena's shoulder could be seen?

MNL1989
May 15, 2007, 01:23 PM
well yes but not intentionally when I resizing it turned out like that so I went with it and it worked better than I thought
[hr]
and thanks for telling me for to center it I was wondering how to but didnt feel like asking

You're welcome ^__^

Musashi Gen
May 23, 2007, 10:30 AM
Haha...just realized that I have spent a long absence of posting on this thread! It's good to be back and not open for heated arguments with Xophien's TRES21 theory! I won't easily forget about OS Hoshi and Xophien!

BTW, Xoph I know that you have still have the anger ang grudge towards ES21 anime! Just to keep you posted that the new opening is released and what we, ES21 fans, are expecting and anticipating more, is the battle between the used-to-be unbeatable Naga against Deimon!

sephysarkon
May 24, 2007, 12:24 AM
Kekeke... I love the new OP and latest ED--both by BACK-ON, and I like the contrast of the OP's badassery to the very pretty ending. At any rate... I didn't like the animation for that last ep (the interview with Riko and where you first see and hear Marco) :/

/random

~the seph

Xophien
May 24, 2007, 06:49 AM
BTW, Xoph I know that you have still have the anger ang grudge towards ES21 anime! Just to keep you posted that the new opening is released and what we, ES21 fans, are expecting and anticipating more, is the battle between the used-to-be unbeatable Naga against Deimon!

Anger and grudge ? I'm already way beyond that. Right now I'm in the "cold rage" state. Or maybe the "I don't care anymore" one. But...

(the interview with Riko and where you first see and hear Marco) :/

When I'm told there's FINALLY Marco in an episode, even if I'm bound to be disappointed, I had to download it :sweat And for whatever reason, (maybe because I was expecting the worst), I rather liked it :blink Well, saying that "I liked it" may be a bit too strong, but next to the other eps I watched, it wasn't that bad (though I didn't watch it fully because the second half promised to bore me to death).

But I have to rejoice once in a while for something that happens in the anime, huh ? MARCO IS THERE, AND HE HAS KYON'S VOICE !!! :woo :whoo :woo
I don't think they could have found a better seiyuu for Marco :shakefist

The anime is a damn ***** of ****, but a ***** of **** with Aya Hirano and Tomokazu Sugita as seiyuu. Probably the best ***** of **** in the world :XD

OS.Hoshi
May 24, 2007, 07:40 AM
Woah, there... I have difficult making sense outta those last senteces of yours... O.o

When I'm told there's FINALLY Marco in an episode, even if I'm bound to be disappointed, I had to download it :sweat And for whatever reason, (maybe because I was expecting the worst), I rather liked it :blink

Whaa--?? Now I'm surprised.. I very much disliked the episode. To me, it was probably one of the worst. But then again, I didn't have my eyes on Marco but on both Yoi + Agon, & their part suuuucked XP

though I didn't watch it fully because the second half promised to bore me to death.

It was strange, huh? I've never seen Mamori so scared! kekeke.

MARCO IS THERE, AND HE HAS KYON'S VOICE !!! :woo :whoo :woo
I don't think they could have found a better seiyuu for Marco :shakefist

Hurray for that!! ^__^

sephysarkon
May 24, 2007, 01:22 PM
Whaa--?? Now I'm surprised.. I very much disliked the episode. To me, it was probably one of the worst. But then again, I didn't have my eyes on Marco but on both Yoi + Agon, & their part suuuucked XP

Yeah, I gotta agree with you there. @__@ It sucked.

In regards to Marco's VA, I only know him as the one who plays Nova from Bleach (I like his voice), and someone else, so I'm in favor of who they have for Marco. ^^

~the seph

IgnorantSage
June 15, 2007, 09:28 AM
Nobody will probably want to read this but I'll write it here anyway.
I've just started reading ES21 and am trying to catch up at the moment.

It's a manga about sports (okay, that was obvious) but it somehow reminds me of Yakitate! Japan because it has lots of references to other mangas. It's actually fun though I don't get all of the references since I'm not an avid manga reader.

A certain double page solicited a big smile from me. I can't exactly remember the chapter but it was during that time when they went to America since they got defeated by the Nasa Aliens. The page asked the readers to find where the ES21 characters were and while I was looking for them, guess who I found? No other than Luffy with his trademark Strawhat, red outfit and blue pants!

As I already stated before, I have just started reading it (i'm currently at volume 10) but so far I am liking it.

OS.Hoshi
June 15, 2007, 11:38 PM
Welcome aboard the Es21 Fandom!! =D I LOVE THIS MANGA SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! XD

Well, yeah! That spread u're talking about on volume 9, 73rd down. There are quite a number of references in that spread, such as Mario & Luigi too! Have u had the chance of reading the short Jump Superstars Manga? Yusuke Murata (artist of Es21) drew Luffy, Goku, Naruto, Bobobo among a few other things in there ^__^ So u get to see how Luffy looks in his style!

as for Yakitate! Japan, I've heard of the manga but never seen it myself...yet! 8D

sephysarkon
June 16, 2007, 12:11 AM
@IgnorantSage: Welcome! :3

~the seph

.soldier!
July 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
ok i didnt know wherei didnt know where to put these pics but....who the hell is is the guy with blue hair?is he montas rival or maybe trey21
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/the_real_eyeshield_21/CIMG3715.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/the_real_eyeshield_21/CIMG3719.jpg

Xophien
July 25, 2007, 04:04 AM
When you don't know where to put a post, and don't feel like it deserves its own thread, the Mega Convo is the place to go :amuse

Anyway, the guy here is a character introduced in an ES21 novel. I don't have more details than that, sorry :sweat

OS.Hoshi
July 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
who the hell is is the guy with blue hair?is he montas rival or maybe trey21
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/the_real_eyeshield_21/CIMG3715.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/the_real_eyeshield_21/CIMG3719.jpg

Kekeke! Well, when there's a novell written for the manga, it is written by somebody else with the permission of the mangaka (in this case, Es21 "author," Inagaki-sensei). Novells are side stories that don't really affect the main plot of the manga, or else you'd see it IN the manga itself. So, altho it's intriguing, you shouldn't worry about that blue-haired dude.

.soldier!
July 25, 2007, 07:13 PM
now i want the novel :(

OS.Hoshi
July 25, 2007, 10:42 PM
I'd want it if only I could read it ^^; I hope that at some point Viz will bring the novells over. It did it for Naruto & Rurouni Kenshin, but those two series are VERY popular in the US, so no wonder =_=; If they receive more letters requesting it, it increases the chances! =D

On a side note, the first Es21 novell was made into an OVA for Jump Festa years ago. I hope they plan on animating this second one. That'd be AWESOME! =D

.soldier!
July 27, 2007, 12:07 AM
you mean when they play the boarders?they made another one where they go to some island but i can only find it in french subs.good thing im taking french :)

OS.Hoshi
July 27, 2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah, but if you notice the style, the one on the island was made by the same group that does the Es21 Anime.

However, "Golden Bowl Illusion" is different. In fact, I'm not sure I can call the island one an OVA. <_< I'd more call it an Omake, kekekeke!

An OVA is supposed to have good quality (& the seiyuus are different too!), so if there are ever any plans on OVAing the 2nd novell, it better be from good Quality Animation Team. ^^;

Leche
July 27, 2007, 04:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Murasameus/114.png

Sena asks Hiruma if it's okay to have Taki Natsuhiko as the tight end for the Deimon Devilbats.

But we can see clearly that Hiruma says no, and it is an important position only for one.

Who do you think he is talking about? Does he have someone in mind?

OS.Hoshi
July 27, 2007, 04:58 PM
Well, Yoi's been known to talk in an unsincere way in order to provoke, alterate, deceive, or encourage people to do what he wants. <__< So, no, he didnt have any specific person in mind. At one point (earlier that vol), he mentioned that beach football dude they met earlier. But he really had no real candidates. What he says here just encourages baka Taki to do his best! ^_^ Remember Natsu is "the easiest idiot to manipulate."

.soldier!
July 27, 2007, 06:04 PM
the golden bowl animation wasnt that great but it was kinda interesting.

OS.Hoshi
July 27, 2007, 06:55 PM
Well, I definetly enjoyed the colors & the scenes with Yoichi. Srlsy, the whole scene of him blasting all those gangs' bikes & turning the field into a junkyard for kids! XD XD I Luved that! Also the very last punchline ^_^

Also when Monta matched himself up agaisnt the asphalt.. XD oou, that monkey! Kekeke! (not to mention I am also a fan of the seiyuu he had there *-*)

Leche
July 28, 2007, 03:32 AM
Well, Yoi's been known to talk in an unsincere way in order to provoke, alterate, deceive, or encourage people to do what he wants. <__< So, no, he didnt have any specific person in mind. At one point (earlier that vol), he mentioned that beach football dude they met earlier. But he really had no real candidates. What he says here just encourages baka Taki to do his best! ^_^ Remember Natsu is "the easiest idiot to manipulate."

Aha, I suppose that makes sense. I was thinking that the situation was kinda similar to why Hiruma kept the kicking position open; saving it for an important person who is the only one that can do the job. D:

sheva
August 01, 2007, 03:08 AM
moved these posts from 243 Discussion Thread ^_^

excuse me, i am very new here (as a member), previously i just being the guest at this site. i registered just now, just to ask one question....

some peoples here keep mentioning / predicting that 'real eyeshield' is in dinosaur team and will come out soon.wasnt the real eyeshield 21 is the red-eyed guy (his name ia akaba hayato if i not mistaken) from team bando spiders? the one defeated by deimon in 3rd place play-off.

somebody please answer me....thanks...

sephysarkon
August 01, 2007, 03:36 AM
@Sheva: No, he wasn't. Akaba was more or less just trying to prove himself worthy of the title. And this should actually go in "The Real Eyeshield 21" thread ^^;

~the seph

sheva
August 01, 2007, 03:51 AM
thanks...so where can i find the "The Real Eyeshield 21" thread? i am new here...hehe

sephysarkon
August 01, 2007, 04:20 AM
In the "Deimon's H.S Locker Room" area of ES21.

~the seph

OS.Hoshi
August 02, 2007, 10:55 AM
Ooo! I didnt see this! O_O I'm very sorry! Helping new members is MY JOB! ^^ Thanks for your help, sephy!

Hello, sheva! It's nice to see you around! =] When you dont know where to post something, or just want to indroduce yourself, go to the Mega Convo (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15970)! (or, you could PM any one of the moderators... Me or Xophien. =] )

The Real Es21 theories thread is here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6372), found at the DHS Locker Room (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158), where we discuss everything else Es21-related that is not chapter-specific. <_<

& yeah, you can also go to Fucking-Manga's irc channel to dowload their scanlations. They're done with the Bando Spiders game, where Akaba told ALL! XD Cuz he isn't TRES21, like sephy said. The TRES21 thread actually started out with a crazy theory by Xoph. But go ahead & post your thoughts. =]

sheva
August 03, 2007, 05:17 PM
thanks...thats should be good information to me..thanks again to all of you, very kind-hearted guys...

Hunter_zaz
August 17, 2007, 07:02 AM
moved from DHS Locker Room

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1770405

Amazing player

sephysarkon
August 17, 2007, 08:24 AM
Kekeke! That's so cute XD That boy's got skillz.

~the seph

Keiichi
October 11, 2007, 05:16 PM
I'll scan it when I can, but in the meantime, the following piece was in SFX magazine Special Edition #31: Total Anime...

Not Just A Superhero
There's no keeping Heroes' Masi Oka - aka Hiro Nakamura - away from his beloved manga, discovers Total Anime.

Masi is quick to express his unerring admiration for a phenomenon with close ties to the TV series Heroes. "Manga is part of our culture"," he says proudly. "I grew up with that in Japan. And I'm fortunate enough to keep in touch with that world in America with imported comic books. There's a lot more mangas that are more like romantic comedy or the high school life. I'd like to see more of those come to America, even though there are cultural differences."

As to some of his favourite books, Oka quickly rattles off a list offering: "I love One Piece, Eyeshield 21 and Pluto. I'm a big fan of Naoki Urasawa. He's done amazing work, whether it's Monster, 20th Century Boys, PLUTO or Master Keaton. And, oh my God, Osamu Tezuka was fantastic! Growing up, it was his work and the other kids' stuff, with Fujiko Fujio and Akira Toriyama - all those fantastic authors and comic book authors were special. Also Battle Royale is great. I love the movie. Maybe not the second, but definitely the first. It's about the corruption of Japanese society, with kids pitted against adults and responsibilities."

Ya--ha--!
Hiro is a D-Bat, Hiro is a D-Bat, olé o-lé, olé o-lé!
Hiro is a D-Bat, Hiro is a D-Bat, olé o-lé, olé o-lé!

post moved from DHS Locker Room. Please post here any small discussion that doesnt really belong any where else =]

Xophien
October 12, 2007, 04:08 AM
One Piece, ES21 and Naoki Urasawa stuff? I knew the guy was awesome :nuts

manu
October 18, 2007, 05:34 PM

Amazing player

jesus on the football field =O

XD XD *cracks up*

alexlw92
October 24, 2007, 02:34 AM
for anyone whos seen the episode of family guy where peter plays for the new england patriots, in season 4 (5 for some areas), the episode "Patriot Games".

Peter is capable of breaking free from about 8 NFL players at the same time, and we all know kurita. so which one would win?
[hr]

Amazing player

at about 1:20, i swear to god he uses devil bats ghost!!!!!

go check!

renwald
November 23, 2007, 03:05 PM
While waiting for any bit of 259 got bored and finally decided to check out the forums. I have to say this is a great topic its so interesting to read everyones views on ES21 and their reason for reading it. I have to say I read the first chapter of the manga in shonen jump as a preview ...and i was hooked since then i then found up to volume 5(the sphinx game) on the internet read that in one day. It wasn't until F-M started scanning that i picked it up and glad I did. My excitement with any other manga comes and goes depending on the chapter content but, with ES i look forward to it with eager anticipation every week.

Xophien
November 23, 2007, 07:04 PM
Glad to see you posting, Renwald :amuse If anything, the 258th Down surely did get us a lot of new posters :nuts Hope to see you more often on the boards :thumbs :yaha

Mirror
November 23, 2007, 08:55 PM
Eyeshield really is the ONLY manga that can keep me up all night waiting for the next chapter... eventhough it could be another day before the chap is released, I'd just hate to go to bed now if the raw was to be posted in an hour ... :notrust ... this week it's especially hard waiting time because of the cruel 258th down leaving everything totally in the open!
...and it's the only manga I've read where unpredictability plays such a big part in the plot :amuse

Xophien
November 23, 2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I know the feeling :amuse I just know that I won't be able to sleep until I get my hands on the chapter, let alone translate it :shakefist The fact we didn't get any good spoilers this week sure doesn't help :darn

Dark-Kaomi
November 23, 2007, 09:16 PM
I'm just glad we get a chapter unlike with OP. But I wish it would hurry! I think I first started reading this from Shonen Jump and reading in stores. I kind of dropped it for awhile until I found it online and just rapid read every chapter I could get my hands on. I adore this manga. And thanks to this and my college football team I love football more than a casual liking. Profootball might not be enjoyable but college most definitely is. I would love to see ES21 moves IRL. *Please come soon RAW!*

Mirror
November 23, 2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I know the feeling :amuse I just know that I won't be able to sleep until I get my hands on the chapter, let alone translate it :shakefist The fact we didn't get any good spoilers this week sure doesn't help :darn

:nod uhuh uhuh, I've been lurking the spoilers over ever so often since the start of the week... I really can't belive you'll be able to translate if u haven't been sleeping all night :amuse (I'm a wuss since it's "only" 4:30am for me right now and I'd be seriously considering my pillow after the raw ;P )

I'm just glad we get a chapter unlike with OP. But I wish it would hurry! .... *Please come soon RAW!*

It would be cruel going on evil if there where to go two weeks after a chap like 258th... It gave the impression of a cliffhanger, but jet again, it's not really one... ^__^;

Dark-Kaomi
November 23, 2007, 10:45 PM
It would be cruel going on evil if there where to go two weeks after a chap like 258th... It gave the impression of a cliffhanger, but jet again, it's not really one... ^__^;

And this is more proof that Inagaki is brilliant.

Xophien
November 23, 2007, 10:56 PM
:nod uhuh uhuh, I've been lurking the spoilers over ever so often since the start of the week... I really can't belive you'll be able to translate if u haven't been sleeping all night :amuse (I'm a wuss since it's "only" 4:30am for me right now and I'd be seriously considering my pillow after the raw ;P )

I'd do just about anything for the sake of ES21 and its fans :nuts

Alright, just because you guys are being nice, I'll tell you this : the wait shouldn't be too long now :amuse

Mirror
November 23, 2007, 11:06 PM
:worship2 there u have it, :amuse at least I can tell u that you'll have one big fan of the allnigther u pulled for the sake of the es21 luving :D
:confetti Since Bleach just surfaced, I'd figure ES would be the next (hopefully) ;)

Dark-Kaomi
November 23, 2007, 11:24 PM
It's here!

fluke32
November 25, 2007, 11:13 AM
You know, lately I've been getting bad vibes with all the awesomeness going on with ES21. It feels as if ES21 would come to an end by the passing of New Year's Eve! Waaaahh!!! Does this mean that I gonna be stuck with Mahou Sensei Negima and Mx0 as non-mainstream mangas to read then?!? Waaahh!!:crying

Dark-Kaomi
November 25, 2007, 04:30 PM
I don't think it will end that soon. I bet we have another eight or nine chapters for this match and it's my belief they'll make it to the Christmas Bowl. I'm not sure if we'll see that match but I am almost positive they'll make it.

Mirror
November 25, 2007, 07:59 PM
I was wondering, is this the right place to ask random questions? :s

anyways, can anyone tell me why Hiruma got that cloth over his eyes? Is it some sort of japanese thing or something? It just had med somewhat confused, and as Hoshi-chan said, looks kinda like a corpes/dead person :notrust

OS.Hoshi
November 26, 2007, 09:27 PM
to fluke: I see no end to Es21 so soon, dude. What's up with you? We're barely on the 1st half, dude! Matches take quite a while.. :p & besides, after the game, we have the aftermath--that takes some more chapters, AND THEN the Xmas Bowl!!! =D =D & then the AFTERMATH of that. I see no end to es21 any time so soon :notrust

Mirror: Yes, random questions indeed. Nothing here is offtopic, but what you bring about might be discussed somewhere else too. Like the towel thing, it fits into the chapter discussion ^_^ I dunno why Yoichi has that towel, maybe just to rest his eyes..? 8D

Dark-Kaomi
November 27, 2007, 12:55 AM
Maybe light hurts his eyes?

fluke32
November 27, 2007, 02:58 AM
Aren't corpses usually covered from the foot to forehead? This is absolutely backwards!:XD

I think they covered his head with a towel for securing an ice pack on his forehead? I'm pretty sure Hiruma's quite battered so it's not surprising if he also had bumps on his head.

Wait, maybe he'll come out of the locker room with bumps on his head that looks like horns! If I see that, it'd make my day! hell, maybe it'd make my week even! LOL!

Dark-Kaomi
November 27, 2007, 11:42 AM
Wait, maybe he'll come out of the locker room with bumps on his head that looks like horns! If I see that, it'd make my day! hell, maybe it'd make my week even! LOL!

I would die! That would be so hilarious. It would cause a huge uproar throughout the entire crowd and the whole team. I think someone would have a heart attack.

Mirror
November 27, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yea, I guess It'd be nice (light, cooling..) with that cloth, but I've just never seen it used anywhere before (except for sick/nervous old ppl ;;>.> ) ((Not like Hiruma's injury))

Aphalite
December 04, 2007, 08:29 PM
ES has to be running out of ideas now

the only things left that I can see Hiruma doing would be trick plays such as hook and ladder and statue of liberty, on offense they've already used every formation I think there is

defense though is different, not a terrible amount of things have been put in just because Deimon is offensively oriented... I guess Hiruma can still introduce things like Tampa 2 and Line Stunts

what do you think, how long before ES ends? I cannot see it going another year unless Deimon suddenly changes its policy to let third years participate in extracurriculars

Xophien
December 05, 2007, 08:21 AM
Logically, I think there's at most one match left after the current one if Deimon wins against Hakushuu in the first place, the Christmas Bowl. Seeing the average length of the Kantou tournament matches so far, I'd assume the Hakushuu match will be ~35 chapters long, the Christmas Bowl itself probably about 40 chapters long, so there's in my opinion at least 65 chapters of matches left. On top of that, there's a huge break between the finals of the Kantou tournament and the Christmas Bowl itself, at least a month, so that'd leave time for quite a handful of chapters during the break. Maybe even a scrimmage? Hiruma could put together some sort of Deimon vs Tokyo's best match for the Deimon players to grow a bit more while he's recovering :amuse

Taking all that into consideration, I'd say the numbers of chapters remaining should be somewhere between 75 and 100, so that'd leave between one year and a half and two years before the end of the manga :amuse (if Deimon doesn't lose against Hakushuu)

fluke32
December 06, 2007, 02:25 AM
On top of that, there's a huge break between the finals of the Kantou tournament and the Christmas Bowl itself, at least a month, so that'd leave time for quite a handful of chapters during the break. Maybe even a scrimmage? Hiruma could put together some sort of Deimon vs Tokyo's best match for the Deimon players to grow a bit more while he's recovering :amuse

Taking all that into consideration, I'd say the numbers of chapters remaining should be somewhere between 75 and 100, so that'd leave between one year and a half and two years before the end of the manga :amuse (if Deimon doesn't lose against Hakushuu)LOL! Tokyo's best are only Deimon, Oujou, Bando, and Seibu! But! by taking some of the best players from other Tokyo teams we've seen so far, the probable lineup Deimon will end up facing with would be:

1st String Offense
QB: Kid (Seibu)
HB: Riku (Seibu)
FB: Shin (Oujou)
WR: Sakuraba (Oujou)
WR: Tetsuma (Seibu)
TE: Akaba (Bando)
C: Ushijima (Seibu)
LT: Haibara (Yuuhi)
LG:Ootawara (Oujou)
RT: Mizumachi (Kyoshin)
RG: Onihei (Hashiratani)

1st String Defense
DT: Ootowara
DT: Ikari (Oujou)
DE: Watanabe (Oujou)
DE: Mizumachi
CB: Tetsuma
CB: Sakuraba
LB: Kakei (Kyoshin)
LB: Habashira (Zokugaku)
LB: Shin
FS: Riku
SS: Akaba

Special teams

1st String Kick Return Team
KR1: Riku
KR2: Shin
LB: Kakei
LB: Oohira (Kyoshin)
LB: Oonishi (Kyoshin)
FB: Akaba
FB: Habashira
TE: Tetsuma
TE: Sakuraba
CB: Iguchi (Oujou)
SS: Nakawaki (Oujou)

1st String Punt Return Team
PR: Riku
LB: Habashira
LB: Mizumachi
FS: Tsurime (Oujou)
SS: Nakawaki
CB: Iguchi

1st String Safety Kick Return
KR: Riku
KR: Shin
FB: Akaba
DE: Watanabe
DE: Ikari
LT: Haibara
LG: Ushijima
C: Ootawara
RG: Onihei
RT: Mizumachi

1st String Kickoff/Safety Punt Team
K/P: Sasaki (Bando)
FS: Riku
FS: Nakawaki
WR: Tetsuma
WR: Sakuraba
CB: Iguchi
CB: Tsuyashima (Oujou)

1st String Field Goal Team
K: Sasaki
QB: Kid
TE: Akaba
TE: Shin
TE: Tetsuma
LS: Ushijima
LT: Haibara
LG: Ootawara
RT: Mizumachi
RG: Onihei

1st String Punt Team
P: Sasaki
3RB: Riku
LS: Ushijima
DE: Akaba
DE: Mizumachi

Note: KR/PR means Kick Return/Punt Return and DRB means Defensive Running back LS Line of Scrimmage

Man, what a team that'll be!:amuse

Xophien
December 06, 2007, 04:26 AM
Nice effort, fluke, but if that match was to happen for real, don't forget to find a substitute quarterback for Kid :p (Takami, I'd guess, since the only other quarterbacks of Tokyo we know are Kobanzame and Atsumi). And maybe for Tetsuma too, since we don't even know what kind of injury he got...

On a completely random note, I had my first dream about Hakushuu last night :XD Was hanging out with Marco and Maruko at Marco's mansion (?), drinking cola. Then we went on Hakushuu's training field, it was all muddy for some reason, then Gaou passed by and dried it with the sole power of his aura :blink Can't remember well, the rest, but I think Hiruma was there too... Damn I love these weird dreams :tem

fluke32
December 06, 2007, 08:51 AM
Xoph, that's why I actually emphasized that the above mentioned lineup were 1st Stringers...:sweat I dunno about 2nd Stringers since they'd be really minor characters and I also don't like putting in the Idiotic Geniuses of Amino University High School players either.:XD

Anyway... If you ask me to assemble the 2nd Strings...

2nd String Offense:
Combination of Seibu Receivers + Yuuhi & Hashiratani Line and Backs + Kyoshin Twins for TEs + Takami in QB.Defense

2nd String Defense:
Oujou, Seibu & Hashiratani Defensive Line + Kyoshin & Oujou Linebackers + Oujou & Zokugaku CB's and Safeties

2nd String Special team:
Ootawara in Punter + Zokugaku Kicker + Oujou & Bando line + Shin on Return.

Either way, it's still a marvelously awesome team!

OS.Hoshi
December 06, 2007, 10:36 AM
On a completely random note, I had my first dream about Hakushuu last night :XD Was hanging out with Marco and Maruko at Marco's mansion (?), drinking cola. Then we went on Hakushuu's training field, it was all muddy for some reason, then Gaou passed by and dried it with the sole power of his aura :blink Can't remember well, the rest, but I think Hiruma was there too... Damn I love these weird dreams :tem

XD XD Sounds like a quite enjoyable dream, Xoph! I may have had dreams with Es21.. but I'm one of those ppl that cant remember a thing about my own dreams! ..unless I write 'em down as soon as I wake up ^^;

Kekeke, Gaoh drying the grass, I can picture that! XD Add Daikichi & Ryo & we get the whole field dry in no time! Who needs umbrellas if u're around these ppl XD

Gold Knight
December 09, 2007, 12:20 AM
A match up I would love to see: Gaou vs Agon.

If nothing else, Agon would suffer. Oh, how he would suffer. :D

It's a shame bad guys are only allowed to make the good guys suffer.

Fenrir
December 09, 2007, 12:50 AM
A match up I would love to see: Gaou vs Agon.

If nothing else, Agon would suffer. Oh, how he would suffer. :D

It's a shame bad guys are only allowed to make the good guys suffer.

Lol..i've never really thought of either Agon or Gaou as bad guys eh :P..just people who like to win. Even if it means trampling people..in..the process. goes into denial AGAIN over Hiruma And lol...I swear Hiruma doesn't differentiate between the good and the bad when he's firing his weapons..and I'm preeetty sure they're suffering 8D

Though, if it were Agon vs Gaou, Agon's not totallllyyy without an edge. He's not an idiot and his reaction time is impossibly fast. To squish somebody, Gaou actually has to be able to touch them.

fluke32
December 09, 2007, 04:26 AM
Well, for me, Agon is an Egotist who wants all the attention and does get it by proving that he's the best and beating up other people who he thinks are not comparable to his innate capabilities. On the other hand, Gaou is just a person who's so strong, became desperate in finding someone who could challenge his strength.

The motivations are different, but the requirements to meet their motivations are the same.. Winning. Just as Fenrir said. If asked however, I think there's no clear difference between good guy and bad guy in this manga, just weak attitudes and bad attitudes...:p

OS.Hoshi
December 09, 2007, 09:25 PM
Agon is awesome! But yeah, I'd love to see a match between the two. But nooooooo, Agon HAD to leave the field just right before Gaoh showed up!! XP So we've got no idea of what would he think of such an opponent. Shin is a match for Agon, but.. Gaoh would just break his ribs too! Can anyone picture Agon in some real physical pain or disadvantage? 8D

fluke32
December 10, 2007, 07:49 AM
Agon is awesome! But yeah, I'd love to see a match between the two. But nooooooo, Agon HAD to leave the field just right before Gaoh showed up!! XP So we've got no idea of what would he think of such an opponent. Shin is a match for Agon, but.. Gaoh would just break his ribs too! Can anyone picture Agon in some real physical pain or disadvantage? 8D
Well personally I can't freaking even imagine it seeing that Agon's only redeeming grace is the fact that he can react on situations he sees so quickly... With such a guy, I can't even begin to imagine Gaou getting any piece of Agon's meat. There's just freakin' no way Gaou could get a hold of him let alone be able to break a rib or two!:p

If Gaou's a freakishly strong monster, I'd say that Agon is a virtually untouchable monster.

OS.Hoshi
December 12, 2007, 03:21 PM
Well, I'd say Gaoh is pretty fast considering the fact that he managed to rush toward Yoi without giving him a chance to throw the ball away, like Yoi's always managed to do... T_T

But CAN Agon do ANYTHING to Gaoh? :p

fluke32
December 12, 2007, 03:53 PM
Well, I'd say Gaoh is pretty fast considering the fact that he managed to rush toward Yoi without giving him a chance to throw the ball away, like Yoi's always managed to do... T_T

But CAN Agon do ANYTHING to Gaoh? :p
Weeeelll when your over 8 feet tall, you probably can cover a lot of distance in one stride you know...:p I mean, if a normal person's stride is 3 feet per step, Gaou probably gets about 4 1/2 feet per step. Also, come on, he's freaking humongous!!!:sweat

As for Agon doing anything to Gaou besides dodging? Of, course he can always try tripping the big fella.:XD Anyway, the issue isn't Agon dealing the beatdown, it's if Gaou can hospitalize the reigning bad-ass villain called Agon..:amuse

Fenrir
December 12, 2007, 06:04 PM
Lol. I still think Agon's being underestimated. It's been said that Agon has a reaction time of 0.11 seconds. The only time somebody pulled a fast one on him was when Sena shoved his face into the ground via a blindspot...if you can't see it, you can't react :D. If we compare, Kid could react within a time of around 0.2 seconds or less and Gaou still wasn't able to really touch him until he messed up and got distracted. Whatever reaction time Hiruma has, it's definitely slower than either of the two, so no surprise he got blitzed :P

But yeah, in the end, Agon may still be at a disadvantage seeing as Gaou only needs to touch him once. However, like fluke said, nothing's stopping him from tripping Gaou :P. (lol...though who knows, maybe Agon might sprain his foot trying to trip something like Gaou XD XD)

fluke32
December 13, 2007, 12:28 AM
But yeah, in the end, Agon may still be at a disadvantage seeing as Gaou only needs to touch him once. However, like fluke said, nothing's stopping him from tripping Gaou :P. (lol...though who knows, maybe Agon might sprain his foot trying to trip something like Gaou XD XD)Who said anything about using only feet? He'll tackle, chop and stomp at Gaou's legs and feet for all I know! :XD Well, that is if he isn't holding the ball anymore since Gaou only attacks you when your the focal point of the offense.:p

That aside, hey it's spoiler day!:D

kazuma_uzumaki
December 27, 2007, 01:25 AM
I've been seeing characters looking like yuki lately...
http://manga.bleachexile.com/eyeshield-21-chapter-202-page-2.html
(bottem right panel)one of seibu's players
http://manga.bleachexile.com/eyeshield-21-chapter-204-page-4.html
Sena's dad

Both yuki and characters have the same baldy and spikey hair style D:

Perheps Sena's dad was with Yuki's mother before sena's XD

Xophien
December 27, 2007, 09:25 AM
Seibu guy is the defensive lineman Higashigi Haru, nicknamed Harry (definitely because he looks like Harry Callahan >.>), and Sena's father probably didn't have the hairline so high when he was younger, seeing how Sena looks a lot like him >.>

But well, seeing the impossible number of players that we've seen in ES, can't blame Murata-sensei from having some that have vaguely similar haircuts you know? :amuse If you go that way, Ikkyuu and Kobanzame both have high hairlines and spiky hair too :sweat

kazuma_uzumaki
December 27, 2007, 05:34 PM
You know i wonder what kind of school oujou is....

It seems like a private school, not like deimon

Xophien
December 27, 2007, 06:00 PM
Yup, Oujou is a private school, but actually, Deimon is too :nuts And so are Seibu, Yuuhi, NASA, Amino, Kyoshin... Well, the only schools that are not private schools that I could find are Zokugaku and Taiyou, actually :amuse There's a lot more of private schools in Japan than in western countries, actually, but you can see that a school is private when it has an entrance exam, I think :amuse

(I got that from my beloved databook, by the way <3)

kazuma_uzumaki
December 27, 2007, 08:23 PM
(I got that from my beloved databook, by the way <3)

Ah lucky!

the only thing es21 they sell in america other then the volumes is the field of colors artbook. No other imports unfortunately

OS.Hoshi
December 27, 2007, 08:57 PM
Well I DID see the game Jump Super Stars at my nearest Best Buy back when Ultimate Stars was new in Japan.. no wait, it was actually AFTER that XD Nevertheless, I was VERY surprised D8

kazuma_uzumaki
December 29, 2007, 12:43 AM
that doesn't count >_<

Jump ultimate stars is fun.

I want to get the Eyeshield 21 game for DS D: that one of the omake stalked about where hiruma threatened the creators to make deimon 100x stornger

pirate-hitman:L
January 02, 2008, 07:44 PM
I noticed an ad about Eyshield 21 in the Jump TOC. DOes anyone know what it is.
Located here-
http://img190.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-22498/loc251/08759_ToC-06-07_122_251lo.jpg

kazuma_uzumaki
January 02, 2008, 10:34 PM
link doesnt work

Thallc
January 04, 2008, 10:06 AM
This has actually bothered me for some time, Suzuna is always around her brother.. WHERE THE HECK DO THEY LIVE, and does she even go to school :P? she's what 14? she should at least get edjucation???

Xophien
January 04, 2008, 10:30 AM
Suzuna is born the same school year as his brother (he's born in April, she's born the following March), so they're in the same school year, she's in first year of high school too :amuse As for where, and why the heck she's always at Deimon, I'd say it's a mystery... >.>;;

Thallc
January 10, 2008, 10:27 AM
kehehe she'll probably hold on the to possibility of her brother becoming pro and taking her in xD

kazuma_uzumaki
January 13, 2008, 12:59 AM
You those letter sent in by fans shown randomly in the tankobons?

It kinda reminds me of one piece's SBS
we should have Xophien translate questions we ask and send them to inagaki and murata :D

Xophien
January 13, 2008, 06:20 AM
If only we could have sent questions through e-mail, I'd have done that a long time ago, unfortunately they only take questions through regular mail :shakefist

kazuma_uzumaki
January 14, 2008, 12:20 AM
If only we could have sent questions through e-mail, I'd have done that a long time ago, unfortunately they only take questions through regular mail :shakefist

don't they the adress at the last page of it?

the viz one even has an adress although i doubt it'll ever show since it's the adress of the viz company in america

OS.Hoshi
January 14, 2008, 09:28 AM
I found it curious how they actually DID encourage you to send them questions (even if they'll never get printed XD). What if they do intend to select the most interesting & send 'em over to WJ of japan at some point? 8D

I would also like them to have more frequent interviews with Inagaki-sensei & Murata-sensei! :wtf

kazuma_uzumaki
January 14, 2008, 09:22 PM
i want a clear picture of them >_<

oda,masashi,and tite has a clear picture >_>

bradz22
January 18, 2008, 03:56 PM
where can i download the omakes?

Xophien
January 18, 2008, 04:13 PM
If you can wait for a little while, Hoshi and I are planning to make an omake thread, where you'll be able to download them all, soon :amuse As of right now, I'm not that sure where to find them, besides in the releases of Fucking-Manga, of course :darn

Mirror
January 19, 2008, 06:09 AM
Q; I was wondering in the case of Hirumas 'left-hand' throw, is it possible/normal for eg NFL players to be able to throw decent left-hand passes (if they're right-handed)? (Not counting the rigth arm injury here)

Fenrir
January 21, 2008, 08:35 AM
Q; I was wondering in the case of Hirumas 'left-hand' throw, is it possible/normal for eg NFL players to be able to throw decent left-hand passes (if they're right-handed)? (Not counting the rigth arm injury here)

If you're a pro quarterback, I don't see why you wouldn't have at least tested out a few times how well you can throw with your other hand. Now, I'm definitely no pro, and I just started tossing a football around about a month ago, but my left hand throws only slightly less worse than my right....so I'm pretttty sure a pro can at least throw some kinda decent looking pass with their other hand :P.

Mirror
January 26, 2008, 08:32 PM
I guess it didn't matter in the end (Hiruma making his pass with the rigth arm >___>; )

Perhaps I've been doing some serious sleeping while reading es21 (I kinda doubt it's that bad though ;3) but has it been revealed which teams could be waiting in the x-mas bowl? ... I suddently got the feeling that I might have missed something O__o;;

OS.Hoshi
January 27, 2008, 12:08 AM
No. All we know is that whoever wins the Kantou Tournament is going to face Kansai's best team at the x-mas bowl. But nothing's been mentioned about Kansai 'cept for Teikoku Gakuen--which is the school where all the starters for Bando Spiders were recruited for. Akaba Hayato was supposed to have transfered there, remember? =3 But that's very little info...

During the fall tournament, Yoichi never let his teammates know which teams where winning in the other blocks of the tournament. Inagaki-sensei is sorta doing the same thing to his readers regarding Kansai XD He's letting is know nothing about it! That's ok for me, tho... surprises is something he's really good at =D

Mirror
January 30, 2008, 12:19 PM
True, one of es21's big forces is the surprices (An a poll was made in the prediction-thread! -Who- did that?! I had to write a prediction because of teh Poll >__< )

How do u remember all those facts Hoshi?__? Amazing, my brain usually fries such info after I've read it :XD

Fenrir
January 30, 2008, 08:57 PM
How do u remember all those facts Hoshi?__? Amazing, my brain usually fries such info after I've read it :XD

I bet Hoshi's read it through a few million times...I can say I have XD...it's just THAT good for me D:

OS.Hoshi
January 30, 2008, 10:03 PM
Well, I am not one of the mods of this section for nothing, dear Mirror-san =D
Tho, I gotta say... I'm not gonna go searching for every little time Yoi didnt insult someone. I have a life, afterall XD Sorry, but I'm gonna have to dissapoint on that.. ^_^;;;;;;;

As for the polls... Xophy-kun is the one who puts them up. Tho, usually, I'm the one who asks him to do so X] (for some odd reason, I cant do 'em myself o.O). But I'm glad it did something helpful to make u comment. Hahaha! >=D

Mirror
January 31, 2008, 05:19 PM
Well, I am not one of the mods of this section for nothing, dear Mirror-san =D
...and a great es21 mod indeed. =P lol. >.> guess I knew that one allready ^__^

Tho, I gotta say... I'm not gonna go searching for every little time Yoi didnt insult someone. I have a life, afterall XD Sorry, but I'm gonna have to dissapoint on that.. ^_^;;;;;;;
sry, didn't mean it like that. Was only if you had stumbled on some particular place, or had a one come to mind or something >__>;

As for the polls... Xophy-kun is the one who puts them up. Tho, usually, I'm the one who asks him to do so X] (for some odd reason, I cant do 'em myself o.O). But I'm glad it did something helpful to make u comment. Hahaha! >=D
Hmm 'kay ... :amuse but I'm still no fan of weekly predictions >D though a little poll helps on the matter :3

MNL1989
March 07, 2008, 02:18 AM
Wow i'm finally back with the ES21 fans whoo!!! but I dont think anybody remembers me though but ill start posting again after the chapter this week

fluke32
March 30, 2008, 09:08 PM
253rd Down: Swinging Gate Play (aka "The Lonely Center")click here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=561617&postcount=4)
253rd: Deimon copying Dragon Fly formation click here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=564110&postcount=10)
258th Down: Kirisagi Blitz click here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=605610&postcount=22)
259th Down: 2nd QB is Sena click here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=614121&postcount=19)
283rd Down: Deimon's scores 0 in 1st Half click here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=869944&postcount=26)
289th Down: Monta is running-Zig-Out option Route click here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=932739&postcount=5)
294th Down:Sena gets the ball after Kurita touches it click here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=983262&postcount=36)
297th Down: Sena's new move is a "back" step (Back Step Theory) click here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1015334&postcount=13)

RBomber
April 01, 2008, 04:43 AM
... You know, I begin to think a chant for Alexander's line....

"KARIN-SAMA!! KARIN-SAMA!!"
"OUR BELOVED KARIN-SAMA!!!"
"PROTECT HER AT ALL COST!!!"
"FOR OUR PRIDE AS STRONGEST TEAM!!!"
"FOR OUR HONOUR AS TRUE MEN!!!"
"PROTECT KARIN-SAMA!!!"
"KARIN-SAMA!! KARIN-SAMA!!"
"OUR BELOVED KARIN-SAMA!!!"

kazuma_uzumaki
April 08, 2008, 12:57 AM
I really love how instead of moves being too exaggerated like PoT, it's sometimes shown through another representations. For example, I think one of the covers for the oujou match chapters was the team trying to invade into the oujo "fortress" Or how in the spiders game, The hiruma sena combo, Sena's a knight using a Hiruma Shield

OS.Hoshi
April 09, 2008, 04:39 PM
Ahh, yes..!! The art of illustration! ^__^ It's so funny to see what do the authors compare things to. Ojo members appear as knights, Wild gunmen as cowboyws, Poseidons as gods of the sea.. while others are harder to illustrate like the Dinasours, Spiders, & DevilBats (since they're not human <.<)

Kuuki colored the picture with Deimon breaking Ojo's fortress, btw. Didja see it? 8D It's in the site's gallery. she did a beautiful job! <3

kazuma_uzumaki
April 30, 2008, 12:32 AM
A japanese question :o

I buy the japanese volumes from time to time, so I wonder

How come theres a kanji for "fucking"? or in this case "fakkin"

it's even written in katakana

Xophien
May 01, 2008, 10:56 AM
The kanji is 糞, usually it's pronounced "kuso", and means something like "shit" or "damn" or something like that, but it's not uncommon in mangas for non-japanese words to be represented by japanese kanjis. Most of the time for the poor japanese boy with no english/french skills to understand the furigana. It happens a lot for skill names, like Sanji's techniques in One Piece or Allen's skills in DGM.

Sherlock Holmes
June 11, 2008, 02:51 PM
http://img34.onemanga.com/mangas/00000006/00000094/06.jpg
Okat at first I was like "omg they are doing steroids or something like that to gain more muscles?" and then they said that it was just a pen.

....but if that's true,then why the hell is the amino's guy pulling up his sleeve?
I know this is kinda pointless given that they lost a looooooooooong time ago,but I'm curious.

Xophien
June 11, 2008, 05:55 PM
Maybe they were gonna check his blood pressure :oh

bittman
June 11, 2008, 10:09 PM
Measurements of his biceps?

fluke32
June 12, 2008, 01:07 AM
Hrmm... Maybe he was fixing his sleeve? That's the simplest explanation I could think of.

OS.Hoshi
June 13, 2008, 12:46 PM
it's obvious he's just doing it for show... <_<
it's all about Psychological warfare! Intimidating the opponent before the match begins gives you advantages!
Yoichi knows this best.

fluke32
June 15, 2008, 07:15 AM
it's obvious he's just doing it for show... <_<
it's all about Psychological warfare! Intimidating the opponent before the match begins gives you advantages!
Yoichi knows this best.Well, I don't think it's intimidation at all. Amino thinks too little of Deimon so intimidation is kinda pointless.

wiskill
June 20, 2008, 06:32 AM
They were measuring his muscles.

ballertory
July 13, 2008, 11:47 PM
Well its finnally football season now I can compare myselfe to the characters for es21 and see how much all my practice has payd off lol JK but its really cool being a football player and reading a manga about it.

Raysen_ht
July 23, 2008, 09:11 PM
Really??!! i thought that it would spoil the "magic", by knowing that the real games never happen that way..

kaiki83
September 06, 2008, 09:06 AM
If real games happened like they do in manga I think manga would take it one step further and make it even wackier!

Although I love ES21 I can't actually watch a real football match with the same enthusiasm..

Xophien
September 06, 2008, 09:44 AM
Kekeke, yeah, I can understand the feeling, watching a real American football game is still as boring as ever for me :XD And welcome on these boards, kaiki, we can never have enough fangirls, and your signature is just damn too cute :p

kaiki83
September 06, 2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks Xophien! It's great to be able to find a place where I can talk and do fangirly stuff about ES21 without bugging my sister :P

Makola
September 08, 2008, 01:39 AM
Did I miss something because I can't recall the last time the huh huh brothers actually said their signature quote :o!

allendsup23
September 11, 2008, 06:32 PM
This is offtopic. I just started watching Eyeshield 21 anime. Does anyone know if Anime follows the Manga till the last episode or later episodes are filler. I have watched till the Bando spiders game before the Kantou tournament. Should I continue Anime or switch to Manga if Anime has fillers after it.

moved to the Convo. For any random questions, please post here! ^__^

OS.Hoshi
September 12, 2008, 06:54 AM
Anybody would tell you to switch to the manga. It's just SO MUCH better =P & dont think about SKIPPING if you are to switch from the manga. There's plenty of differences all over, so read from the start ^_^

& YES, there are fillers. Lotsa fillers. Between matches. & then it ends suddenly after the Ojo game... =(

JC123
September 12, 2008, 07:58 PM
I thought they would continue to at least the Hakushuu game...?

fluke32
September 12, 2008, 10:29 PM
I thought they would continue to at least the Hakushuu game...?
Well, apparently they never did.:sweat Might be because the producers don't that think they could justly portray as much drama as the manga did during the Hakuushuu match? Well, they really never did a good job with the Shinryuuji arc as well as the Bando Arc either.-_-;

kaiki83
September 13, 2008, 09:41 AM
I agree that the manga is sooo much better. The anime changes things a bit and it's not as suspenseful. The only thing I really like from the anime that's no available in the manga is Hiruma's seiyuu. The anime is a bit cheesy in my opinion and I don't think the ending does the whole series justice.

JC123
September 13, 2008, 10:14 AM
I believe they should have waited before producing...

Seriously, around the America Hell Death March trip, the manga and anime had caught up. When this happens you'll notice more spoilers than normal. It does nothing but aggravate when they show the same thing for TWO episodes. -_-

Prolly, they'll show the rest as a movie or something with better production values.

THE KING
September 17, 2008, 02:09 AM
restoring the series is probably what they will do, given that they plan to do anything with the series.

manu
September 21, 2008, 07:37 PM
So any given thoughts about what will happen to the first years after this game? I've already bet that Sena and crew will win and I hope a proper epilogue is given. My wish is to see Sena in America, since a boy with that much talent should be playing with the best and being appreciated with fans that appreciate his talent. Also I want to see him get an awesome Nike deal =D

Sherlock Holmes
October 02, 2008, 12:59 AM
AH! I JUST NOTICED!
...Was Sena's name based on Ayrton Senna, the F-1 Racer?
....I feel dumb for not thinking of it sooner.

fluke32
October 02, 2008, 01:24 AM
AH! I JUST NOTICED!
What the hell? LOL~ If you took the time to look through the data thread, you would've noticed that a long time ago.:XD

Well, it's spoiler day so...

*feigns being a poet*
:eyeroll

Xophien
October 02, 2008, 06:55 AM
AH! I JUST NOTICED!

Just like Deimon's name is based on the F1 racer Damon Hill :p It's not really dumb not to have noticed it sooner, though, Sena is a real Japanese name as well. Heck, in the visual novel I'm playing right now, the full name of one of the female characters is Sena Riku :rofl

Hopefully someone kidnapped it >.>

fluke32
October 02, 2008, 07:58 AM
Just like Deimon's name is based on the F1 racer Damon Hill :p It's not really dumb not to have noticed it sooner, though, Sena is a real Japanese name as well. Heck, in the visual novel I'm playing right now, the full name of one of the female characters is Sena Riku :rofl

The 'Senna' from Ayrton Senna's name is actually a very old European/Latin name.

Sena as a name isn't as uncommon as one should think though, seeing as it's also a Spanish, an Italian, a Japanese and a Portuguese name.:amuse

Hopefully someone kidnapped it >.>
Nuo~oooh!

kaiki83
October 02, 2008, 12:06 PM
Sena also happens to be a very feminine Korean name.

I always thought Deimon was because Hiruma = Demon so they did a play on words... Just like how their middle school was called MaOu (demon king).

JC123
October 03, 2008, 01:04 AM
hmmm...

http://www.onemanga.com/Eyeshield_21/2/09/

Hiruma said that Shin was the fastest person in high school. So if Shin was the fastest with a 4.4, I believe that Yamato is a 4.5

Still not as fast but he can keep up with Sena at least.

Xophien
October 03, 2008, 04:13 AM
It was back then at the beginning of the school year, Yamato probably barely came back to Japan, so I doubt Hiruma had any data on him at the time (seeing how Yamato try to keep the fact he was TRES21 a secret). Sena kept saying for all the beginning of the match against Teikoku that he was "just a bit" faster, so I doubt Yamato is any slower than 4.3^^;

fluke32
October 04, 2008, 05:17 AM
I'm advertising this sig banner before ES21 ends~:XD

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk79/fluke32_2008/ES21%20Stuff/Demo1.gif

Xophien
October 04, 2008, 05:55 AM
*cough* It's 200kB too big according to our sig rules >.>;;

Marq
October 06, 2008, 06:47 PM
nice sig.. but wah.. just make int a bit mroe simple. I know it's old, but man the anime's way of ending was blah. (Seriously the whole OoO faces everyone had made me laugh). Honestly I thought the anime was horrible, it just never captured the manga. Not to mention the animation was awful. The way Sena and Shin were running towards each other, you would think it was like they were 50 yards away from each other.

I do love how Sena ended up playing for the Chargers. I know I know, nu huh it ain't. They damn well sure where hinting at it. A bolt on the middle of the jersey? Heh even the helmet was the chargers. :p

THE KING
October 10, 2008, 06:07 AM
mangaupdates's info says
Status in Country of Origin
34 Volumes (Complete) o.O

Xophien
October 10, 2008, 06:59 AM
While this may probably be right in the end, we still need four~five chapters more to complete v34, so I guess they're going a bit too fast there >.>;

shortill
October 10, 2008, 11:47 AM
this might be too late coz you guys may already have these ages ago but...
FINALLY this coming december i'll be having my own Eyeshield 21 vols.
YEY! Merry Christmas to me!

Yaaay! Congratulations! =P

PocketAces
October 10, 2008, 08:39 PM
Does anyone know the name of the female reporter that recurs though out the series? Most notably, she fawns over Sakuraba and her crew has to explain the game to her(us) at the beginning of the manga @ the Oujou/Deimon game. Did we ever get her name?

Kuuki
October 10, 2008, 09:51 PM
I think her name is Pako...or was it Bako? I don't really remember XD;

OS.Hoshi
October 10, 2008, 10:35 PM
vol 2 omakes, "supporting cast," just calls her "Reporting girl" XD

Rsatori
October 15, 2008, 08:42 PM
http://www.spike.com/video/football-player/2803472 IRL one-man Devil Bat Dive

fluke32
October 16, 2008, 12:09 PM
That's not what I would call a "Dive" it's more like a "Skywalk" to me.:XD

Rsatori
October 16, 2008, 12:10 PM
lol you gotta give it some leeway. Though Sena didn't exactly dive over Shin I'd say. He did more of a crazy hurdle.

fluke32
October 16, 2008, 12:27 PM
lol you gotta give it some leeway. Though Sena didn't exactly dive over Shin I'd say. He did more of a crazy hurdle.
No, he actually didn't dive too...:p What Sena did was kinda like those in the Pole Vault and High Jump events in a Track and Field Interschool Meets.:amuse

cHaotix8
October 16, 2008, 03:34 PM

That guy was number one in Texas last year.

Man...

Onikuno
October 22, 2008, 08:58 PM
On a side note. I plan on making up my own Christmas Bowl championship t-shirt. I've had this idea since the beggining of the game. I'm thinking of something along the lines of both team helmets clashing in the middle, team logos, and the final score. Maybe Even have the schedule on the back of the shirt with all of the games Deimon played and have "YA-HA!" at the bottom.

Any input is appreciated. I'd love to wear this at a con and see how many people notice.

JC123
October 23, 2008, 08:58 AM
I would think, in the front would be the statues of Teikoku and the Devilbats.

On the back, you could have the entire roster of the DDB, with their schedule and the X-O style.

EX.
vs Chameleon 43-5 O
vs. Seibu 42-43 X

(Note: The numbers were made up folks...)

Rsatori
October 23, 2008, 01:01 PM
On another side note, I've been relatively disappointed with Eyeshield 21 after the Ojou match. To me it just kind of went a little bit downhill. I still enjoyed the chapters to an extent, but it was never as clever or as intense as the Ojou and Shinryuuji arc. I think the Dinosaur's arc was a bit weak and the only real exciting point was when Hiruma got decimated by Gaou. Teikoku's arc started out really intense, but the match kinda tapered off after the first touchdown. I think the last two chapters were alright but it just wasn't that great for me. The artwork is nice, but the match has been a disappointment.

Leaper
October 24, 2008, 07:49 PM
The pacing does seem really strange. It just never sat right to me that there was so little in between this game and the last. Either the creators are eager to get things over with or there's significantly more going on after this game than most people think. Hmm.

We'll see, I suppose.

manu
October 28, 2008, 10:00 PM
The opponents aren't as interesting, but ES21 is picking up all the loose ends. I mean have you ever seen Hiruma choke up like he did in 303. Raimon defeated Taka one on one, Sena defeated Yamato, Ishimaru defeated an all-star. So yeah after Musashi's 60 yard magnum every Devilbat becomes a winner.

Now I guess Inagaki has to wrap the series up after Hiruma's dad reveal but boy I hope he gets back to work. (Oh and didn't Sena promise to run for Ishimaru, I sure hope he followed through at the very least, poor Ishi always that friend you take advantage of.)

Riichiro Inagaki, born June 20, 1976 in Tokyo, Japan, is a Japanese manga writer. He is known for his current work Eyeshield 21. He works along with Yusuke Murata, who works on the art of Eyeshield 21.

He won the 7th "Story King" section in Weekly Shonen Jump No.51 2001. His previous works include Any number of times on the 13th of June, Square Freeze and LOVE LOVE Santa, which were published in Big Comic Spirits.

I want to read those...

JC123
October 28, 2008, 10:17 PM
I'm still waiting to see the omakes...

I can't gauge anything without either seeing the raws released or the translations...

coa
October 31, 2008, 12:44 AM
Usain Bolt needed around 4.35s for the first 40 yards, and that is without reaction time...

http://speedendurance.com/2008/08/22/usain-bolt-100m-10-meter-splits-and-speed-endurance/

Sherlock Holmes
November 03, 2008, 12:04 AM
I just realized something!
Jake from Phoenix Wright looks just like Kid!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dne7tQB1DC8&feature=related
SEE?

Rsatori
November 03, 2008, 12:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rafVRRuKoLg
Oh sure this guy too.

fluke32
November 03, 2008, 01:02 PM
*LOL's @ the videos of Cowboy hat wielding guys being compared to Kid.*

JyAZ
November 03, 2008, 01:35 PM
The opponents aren't as interesting, but ES21 is picking up all the loose ends. I mean have you ever seen Hiruma choke up like he did in 303. Raimon defeated Taka one on one, Sena defeated Yamato, Ishimaru defeated an all-star. So yeah after Musashi's 60 yard magnum every Devilbat becomes a winner.

I thought that Juumonji was going to have a big scene, but I guess not. That makes me wonder why it seemed like the conversation Kakei and Juumonji had was going to be a big part of the match.

Sherlock Holmes
November 03, 2008, 04:39 PM
But even personality wise, Jake is a lot like Kid. From now on, I shall have a sick and disturbing theory that he is in fact Kid's older brother.

fluke32
November 04, 2008, 09:46 AM
But even personality wise, Jake is a lot like Kid. From now on, I shall have a sick and disturbing theory that he is in fact Kid's older brother.
LOL~ Good luck with that.:XD

This just reminds me a lot of Xoph's Marco=TRES21 Theory too much though.:sweat

Xophien
November 07, 2008, 08:21 AM
LOL~ Good luck with that.:XD

This just reminds me a lot of Xoph's Marco=TRES21 Theory too much though.:sweat

Aww, I did put a lot of thoughts in that theory, don't make fun of it ;_;

fluke32
November 07, 2008, 10:10 AM
Aww, I did put a lot of thoughts in that theory, don't make fun of it ;_;
I wasn't really making fun of it. More like I was citing a possible outcome of such identity theories about people turning into mis-identity. Your's was the best example I could really think of first. Sorry..-_-;

I know that, just teasing :p

Rsatori
November 13, 2008, 12:55 PM
Then go mess around the ES21 Mega Convo thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15970), and try to keep this chapter discussion thread for discussions about the chapter only :amuse

lol, it sounds like I can sell you anything if I just make up a story that seems plausible

The milk does a body good thing comes from people that want to SELL you their milk. It's pretty easy to sell ideas off without actually being right. Despite popularity. It's pretty common for doctors to approve of certain medicines that actually do damage to you. I don't see it being impossible for them to tell you milk is good for calcium when it isn't.

Also, the whole Calcium thing isn't just from that site, it was just the immediate one I could find. After doing some more accurate browsing here's another link that highlights a Harvard nurses' study.

http://www.notmilk.com/calcium2.txt

This one also mentions how only 2% of the calcium in milk is even absorbed by the body while the 98% left forms stones and can lead to kidney problems. Along with a lot of other comprehensive information about calcium as a whole. Just control+F milk. It's got 44 references so eh..

http://www.goldrust.net/calcium.htm

alexlw92
November 14, 2008, 02:26 AM
is phoenix wright really that great?

Meromorphe
November 15, 2008, 04:29 PM
I go with the general opinion that the after-match was anti-climatic. Not a lot of reactions after this match. My opinion is that the authors find the protagonists in Teikoku not as interesting as they expected to be and wanted to pass rapidly this arc. Making Shin the equal of the real ES21 Yamato proves it, while, before the game, Agon lost against Yamato. During the match, they realized they did not like Yamato so much.

The fact that the story continues annoys me only because I want to see Inagaki and Murata trying another manga.

Rsatori
November 15, 2008, 06:48 PM
I bet they could come up with school manga that's actually about school. And actually about learning something. I'm sure if they can make football interesting to me they can make studying even more interesting.

Aphalite
November 16, 2008, 12:05 PM
they do have those, they're called shoujo and I don't think they are that interesting

Mx0 is about school life in a magic school, pretty interesting but premature ending (at chapter 100 but still premature imo)

Bakuman is about school life while trying to make it as a manga artist, its new but I like it so far

Rsatori
November 16, 2008, 01:38 PM
Eh, those generally tend to be in school but hardly about it. You never really learn what they're learning or the techniques involved with them learning it. Rather you're more caught up in how the main character falls in love with a girl at first sight and then tends to hook on the shy girl as a love interest, then there's the hyperactive foreign girl, then it turns into a harem-type manga. A lot of them are just school settings with a different actual story. I'm talking about a manga that actually revolves around the boring drudge we've gone through from high school to college. Learning about history, math, English, etc. I'm saying Inagaki and Murata could probably make a manga about that stuff and make it interesting to us lol.

manu
November 19, 2008, 05:24 PM
You compared school with football?

Have you not seen the sport? Its intense, and it really does utilize speed, power and technique. Studying is just that, a lot of bookwork.

Rsatori
November 19, 2008, 10:52 PM
Studying actually goes beyond that. Unless you really can't find creative studying techniques. Football is boring to watch but seems intense to play. However, manga can make anything look intense. It's made cooking intense. It's made a CARD GAME intense. It can make studying intense. I'm not comparing school to football. I'm just saying that a manga has the ability to make anything interesting. It'd be a pretty good way to get me to study.

Sherlock Holmes
November 23, 2008, 02:10 PM
Studying actually goes beyond that. Unless you really can't find creative studying techniques. Football is boring to watch but seems intense to play. However, manga can make anything look intense. It's made cooking intense. It's made a CARD GAME intense. It can make studying intense. I'm not comparing school to football. I'm just saying that a manga has the ability to make anything interesting. It'd be a pretty good way to get me to study.
Hey CARD GAMES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!
...seriously though, football is not really that boring to watch.

is phoenix wright really that great?
YES.IT.IS.

Xophien
November 23, 2008, 02:23 PM
...seriously though, football is not really that boring to watch.

I'm afraid for me it is >.>; I mean, sure it's intense, needs deep strategy and is thoroughly impressive to watch, but that's only when the teams are actually playing. And during the few games I watched... or actually tried to watch, the teams weren't actually playing more than 20% of the time or so (then again it was only Super Bowls and maybe they're an exception). So yeah, while I like to watch highlights, watching the actual games is quite a bit boring for me^^;

JC123
November 23, 2008, 03:32 PM
That's almost any sport. If you're not there or you're not participating, it gets tedious to believe that a sport will be all action for an hour.

Besides that...

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=eyeshield-21&chapter=eyeshield-21-186&page_nr=4

Anyone knew that Heracles was watching the Deimon/Shinryuuji game?

Alexandrius
November 23, 2008, 03:40 PM
I don't see Heracles anywhere there.

JC123
November 23, 2008, 03:45 PM
middle of the page. Scary resemblence. :)

Xophien
November 23, 2008, 05:10 PM
Besides the fact that's Atsumi from the Yuuhi Guts >.>

Alexandrius
November 23, 2008, 06:43 PM
Besides the fact that's Atsumi from the Yuuhi Guts >.>

Yes besides that ^^.

If you didn't mean the one with the dark hair in the corner on the picture with the Koigama Cupid guy.

Rsatori
November 23, 2008, 08:37 PM
Honest mistake. D:

And also football has a lot of downtime. I watched a game a few weeks ago and was kinda wondering what I was doing. It's fun seeing highlights though. I like the concept of football a lot, but it really is one of the slowest games I've seen when you take into account how often things are put on hold. Not to mention the abundance of penalties lol.