PDA

View Full Version : Complete The Prince of Tennis by Konomi Takeshi

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

rosesmary
January 21, 2007, 01:04 AM
Shoot! Just read the summary! Taka did won. OMG, I cannot image D1 tezuka-inui wil lose. maybe they will have a draw. But if they win Ryoma, will play anyway. Tezuka just returned from rehabilitation, so don't make him lose rightaway.
Btw, the ending of taka is so lame. It seems to me takeshi had no choice but to make taka win that way.

Tamiel
January 21, 2007, 07:27 PM
Well I think that it would be rather dull, if the mangaka introduced new characters for them to lose against a team we already know. I really didn't expect this result, I thought it would more interesting and as someone already said. Taka has already had to much of a quiters.

Also I might have it wrong, but I think there was a match, were even if they had won already they continued to play the matches. So if Tezuka and Inui win, they would still play the match?, I hate when the protagonist has to be in this part for sure. There is no thrill because like many said, Seigaku has to lose D1 for Ryoma to play. It is boring.

Tamiel -

ricefield
January 21, 2007, 09:32 PM
i dont know why nobody is really considering that seigaku will win d1 by a close margin, and echizen will LOSE to kintarou.

i mean seriously, as cool as PoT is, its sort of dumb is echizen wins every single friggin time. if thats the case, then why wouldnt takeshi use this opportunity to bring some more serious conflict into the plot? someone who can actually defeat ryoma and make things more interesting.

i highly doubt tezuka would lose in a doubles match, especially now taht hes using the pinnacle of hard work. even tho they call zaizen a genius and that kenya is supposed to have superspeed, theres no mention of them being nationally ranked, so i dun think tezuka will drop to them. echizen is already hinted to be weaker than kintarou, so i think it would be the most interesting for him to lose.

and i cant believe taka-san won like that. so weird. loool

Sayumi
January 22, 2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I also think that Ryoma will lose his match against Kintarou, since I think Inui/Tezuka will win.
Tezuka just got back from rehabilitation, and I just can't see him losing yet. Plus, Echizen needs to lose once in a while, and this time I think he's gonna lose pretty big, too. So there's a set up for a next match against him and Kintarou, in which he wins, but I think that match will be more dramatic and big then the matches he's played so far, in which he openes the last door and does The Pinnacle of Perfection.
These thought are only based on that he gets to play Kintarou at all, seeing as if Inui and Tezuka win, he doesn't have to. I would prefer that intead of him losing...I don't like to see Echizen lose :p

Well, about Taka's match...I don't really mind how it ended, just that it did end. Though I really expected him to lose, I guess he has to win if Echizen's gonna lose to Kintarou...

KuwabaraTheMan
January 22, 2007, 04:49 PM
If Tezuka and Inui win, Ryoma won't even play Kintarou.

taniquetil
January 22, 2007, 05:24 PM
OMGzors I have been waiting for the Tezuka-Inui match for so long. I have looked forward to this very much:

[Inui] Probability the ball will go back to TEzuka-100%. Probability the ball will go back to TEzuka-100%. Probability the ball will go back to TEzuka-100%. Probability the ball will go back to TEzuka-100%. Probability the ball will go back to TEzuka-100%.

Kaziel
January 23, 2007, 01:53 PM
OMGzors I have been waiting for the Tezuka-Inui match for so long. I have looked forward to this very much:

[Inui] Probability the ball will go back to TEzuka-100%. Probability the ball will go back to TEzuka-100%. Probability the ball will go back to TEzuka-100%. Probability the ball will go back to TEzuka-100%. Probability the ball will go back to TEzuka-100%.Of course the question is, will Tezuka's style of tennis mesh with doubles play. As we've already seen dozens of times, just because someone can win at singles, doesn't mean they'll win at doubles.

And honestly, I think it would be a surprising, but welcome change if Tezuka * Inui pair won, leaving Ryoma not needing to play. Even if that did happen, I think Kintarou would hunt "Koshimae" down, and pick a (tennis) fight with him. :D

FridaMae
January 24, 2007, 07:56 PM
hello, im new here.

i think taka-san would win, since he is quitting tennis after middle school, and his greatest dream is to become the #1 power player in the national level, and he is playing against last year #1 power player jin. Its best to end his career with a blow, like getting his dream and being satisfied with the game he is playing right now. And since this will be his last match, i dont think he will play in the finals. So, he really needs to win.

Donkey Show
January 25, 2007, 02:45 AM
If Tezuka and Inui win, Ryoma won't even play Kintarou.

Um, no. Regardless of how the matches are won or lost, all the matches will be played. Did you not read the Higa Chuu chapters?

kangster113
January 25, 2007, 08:25 AM
Tezuka and inui can.'t lose seriously, they'll barely win i bet. Ryoma will not play kintaro until the end of the nationals. after He beats yukimura or something. and then after he plays like nonofficial match and either wins or lose. probably wins cause his the protagonist

bax
January 25, 2007, 08:43 AM
The latest chapter (Chapter 332) for Prince of Tennis is out ^^ Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13831.0).

Now, discuss away the chapter guys. Looks like the day is getting interesting by the minute :)
Happy discussing to all of you ^^

Requiem
January 25, 2007, 09:29 AM
OMG, this is really unexpected :blink
Shiten re-put Chitose in team "forcing" him to play Tezuka, Zaizen/Chitose is going to be a great pair a think

Hyakuren Jitoku Vs Saikin kanpatsu, now I see how Tezuka can lose this match :s

dduck
January 25, 2007, 09:49 AM
Wow...

I didn't forsee Chitose coming out of retirement at ALL!!
Inui is going to have a fucking anurism; since Chitose can predict him he's beyond data and the new guy is a genius and beyond data like fuji. Both spell a really troublesome match.

Although I see now exactly how and why Seigaku will loose this match.

Winterlion, I beseach you, translate PoT 331 & 332! :)

KuwabaraTheMan
January 25, 2007, 10:18 AM
Well, Chitose came back. Poor Kenya loses his shot at a match. Kind of surprising since he's one of the most popular Shitenhouji characters in the Japanese fanbase.

Still, a match between two SoSA users. This is a first, and should be quite good as a set up for the Ryoma/Kintarou maatch(not to mention the near inevitable Tezuka/Kirihara and Ryoma/Yukimura matches)

Well, okay we had one point in the Ryoma/Sanada match. But still, that was just one point. This is a whole match.

Requiem
January 25, 2007, 11:41 AM
yeah, I hope that Konomi can draw a good match :amuse

We can see that Shiraishi has a lot of confidence in Zaizen's ability, also there are two Hyotei members watching the match, are they Oshitari and Shishido ? What did they say ?

Aoshinomori
January 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
Well, the next chapter is going to be very good, Tezuka vs. Chitose in a single match after all they want to see who is the best between them xD

cravenight
January 25, 2007, 01:02 PM
Wow, is is quite unexpected, well i changed my mind on them winning for sure, since the opponent combined may be greater, unless inui gets a power boost, but that has happen in the middle of a match before.

Babii-Boo
January 25, 2007, 01:55 PM
O.o Sugoi this match turned out to be a match between Hyakuren Jitoku and Saikin kanpatsu! xD Chitose' SOSA is a level higher than Tezuka buchou's SOSA! >_<
Well, I prefer buchou losing this way anyway (plus, we'll get to see more of Miyuki "oh no it's the battle of the brothers!"). Go Chitose, Go Chitose! Poor Kenya though =|
Inui will be happy with his data collecting =.="
Does that mean we won't be able to see Zaizen, who is knwon as the 'genius', show his true from?

kangster113
January 25, 2007, 02:05 PM
ahh tezuka is going to lose already noo

KuwabaraTheMan
January 25, 2007, 03:14 PM
Does that mean we won't be able to see Zaizen, who is knwon as the 'genius', show his true from?

I'm guessing this whole 'singles match' thing is just the first part of the match, and that Inui and Zaizen will both play roles in it, during the second half.

Babii-Boo
January 25, 2007, 04:21 PM
You can read this manga online at:
MangaRun.com or
Mangavolume.com
^_^

taniquetil
January 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
Since Zaizen and Fuji are both considered resident geniuses of their respective teams, who do you think would win in a one-on-one singles match?

Also, even though everybody 'knows' that TEzuka's gonna lose, do you guys think that Pinnacle of Hard Work is really weaker than Pinnacle of Great Wisdom? Just a point for discussion.

Also, while we're on the topic of Muga no Kyouchi, what do you guys think Pinnacle of Perfection does?

JoEmZ
January 25, 2007, 07:59 PM
It's also possible guys that this will turn out to be a draw.. What do you think?

ALKHHKLA
January 25, 2007, 09:08 PM
Chitose is back? Why? Can't wait for the scanlation to come out. Inui and Tezuka should fully get owned. I wonder whats special about the other guy.

Babii-Boo
January 26, 2007, 05:17 PM
Also, while we're on the topic of Muga no Kyouchi, what do you guys think Pinnacle of Perfection does?

Hm... Seriously have no idea. Maybe a combination of Hyaku Ren Jitoku no Kiwami and Saikikanpatsu no Kiwami... Well, whatever it is, it's going to be be super cool coming from Konomi-sensei !

Requiem
January 26, 2007, 07:24 PM
Hm... Seriously have no idea. Maybe a combination of Hyaku Ren Jitoku no Kiwami and Saikikanpatsu no Kiwami... Well, whatever it is, it's going to be be super cool coming from Konomi-sensei !

I think that it will be a whole different one, let's think about it :
we can say that Hyakuren is final Power Tennis, Saikikapatsu is final Data Tennis, maybe Pinnacle of Perfection is final Speed Tennis ?
But Chitose said that is Kintaro, the nearest to this gate, and we know that Kintaro is some kind of Power player

boberto
January 26, 2007, 11:13 PM
Gah. It's either Hyakuren Jitoku won't work against Saiki Kanpatsu because Chitose would always know when or how to finish a point. Or due to the power of Hyakuren Jitoku, Saiki Kanpatsu won't be able to see through the brawl. Interesting. Konomi-sensei is such a tensai himself, surprising us with Chitose's comeback.

Still, for the Ryoma-sama vs Kin-chan match to occur, Chitose should win or the match will be a draw.

Babii-Boo
January 27, 2007, 04:59 AM
I think that it will be a whole different one, let's think about it :
we can say that Hyakuren is final Power Tennis, Saikikapatsu is final Data Tennis, maybe Pinnacle of Perfection is final Speed Tennis ?
But Chitose said that is Kintaro, the nearest to this gate, and we know that Kintaro is some kind of Power player

Well, Kintarou is in a way, speedy. He travelled all the way to Tokyo from Mt Fuji by foot in two days.
Maybe the Pinnacle of Perfection is a final of 'everything': speed, power, skill, technique, data, logic, etc. Maybe it's all about being perfect in tennis? To be flawless?

Requiem
January 27, 2007, 06:37 AM
but Perfect Tennis is already Shiraishi's tennis style :p

Babii-Boo
January 27, 2007, 06:57 AM
Lol but think about it this way:
Inui's Data can predict the opponent's next moves, while Chitose's SOSA can predict the outcome of the game.
Gin can hit a hadouykuu up to level 108, while Tezuka's SOSA can return any shots with double the power etc. therefore it'll seem like Tezauk's a power player.

So it's possible for Ryoma/Kintarou to play the 'perfect tennis', without letting the opponent score one point - Shiraishi is a 'trained' perfect tennis player but cannot be called perfect if he needed around 4 games to counter the final counter. Maybe Ryoma/Kintarou would play their tennis with no holes - just attacking and countering and attacking and countering...

But I wonder if there are any counters for the SOSA?

blufox_o7
January 27, 2007, 12:51 PM
Why are you all giving up on Tezuka? Dont lose hope (Arg. I long for translations) Maaan.

Hmmm. So you guys think that Tezuka will be facing Kirihara instead of Yukimura? I certainly hope itd be Yukimura for him. (I long to watch Yukimura play too)

Man, I cant wait for 333! :)

Requiem
January 27, 2007, 02:17 PM
Hmmm. So you guys think that Tezuka will be facing Kirihara instead of Yukimura? I certainly hope itd be Yukimura for him. (I long to watch Yukimura play too

Yeah I think it too. Seigaku will put his best single player (Echizen, Fuji and Tezuka) for the match
Fuji Vs Sanada (Counter Vs FuuRinKaZan, I can't wait to see this match)
Tezuka Vs Kirihara (Akaya always says that he was training against lefty for beat Tezuka)
Echizen Vs Yukimura (sad to say :()

blufox_o7
January 27, 2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah I think it too. Seigaku will put his best single player (Echizen, Fuji and Tezuka) for the match
Fuji Vs Sanada (Counter Vs FuuRinKaZan, I can't wait to see this match)
Tezuka Vs Kirihara (Akaya always says that he was training against lefty for beat Tezuka)
Echizen Vs Yukimura (sad to say :()

Why?? OMG. I feel so bad. Let Sanada face Echizen again. I dont care whether itd be Fuji/Tezuka facing Yukimura just not Echizen. Huhuhu. I feel so bad.

Arg. Its not as if my whinning can change anything. Oh well, all I want is to see Yukimura play (but as you claim that he'd be playing against Echizen, then I would have to assume that he'd lose-- its like a given fact since they always let Echizen win. Gah. Now I feel worse than ever)

Waaah. I cant wait for the next files. Do you have any idea when they'd be out? :)

taniquetil
January 27, 2007, 11:17 PM
I think that this match will end in a draw, just because Konomi doesn't want to make Tezuka lose. I think the two State of Self-Actualizations will cancel each other out and Inui and Zaizen will play but collapse in the end. Then Ryoma will play Kintarou and win like always.

Next match against Rikkaidai, Singles will be like this:
Fuji vs. Kirihara rematch at 3
Tezuka vs. Sanada grudge match and SOSA war at 2
Ryoma vs. Yukimura at 1

It was stated in one chapter that Yukimura is the best tennis player in all of Japan. Never mind that Kintarou almost reached Pinnacle of Perfection, Yukimura is still the best. So, obviously Ryoma has to beat him.

What happens after? Who knows. Ryoma may become Seigaku's Pillar of support, he may achieve Pinnacle of Perfection, or he'll play on the Pro Circuit. Either way, I don't think Prince of Tennis is going to end in a while, since RYoma has to beat Samurai Nanjiroh.

blufox_o7
January 28, 2007, 12:22 AM
Next match against Rikkaidai, Singles will be like this:
Fuji vs. Kirihara rematch at 3
Tezuka vs. Sanada grudge match and SOSA war at 2
Ryoma vs. Yukimura at 1

What happens after? Who knows. Ryoma may become Seigaku's Pillar of support, he may achieve Pinnacle of Perfection, or he'll play on the Pro Circuit. Either way, I don't think Prince of Tennis is going to end in a while, since RYoma has to beat Samurai Nanjiroh.

I dont want to see Yukimura lose, but its not like I can do anything about it. I hope the match turns out to be as exciting as Fuji's match where all his counters evolved (although I bet it would have been better if it was animated). I love Nanjiro (and I feel bad for Ryoma cause I believe in some way or another he feels pressured being his son) Thanks for the info. :)

blufox_o7
January 28, 2007, 03:39 PM
oh and i want kawamaru to win his match cos im sick of hime losing and tieing his matches.

OMG. Thats so mean. But I was laughing out loud. :) (Nice one. :)

Angelus128
January 29, 2007, 07:01 PM
why does everyone think rikkai dai will get through, they're playing a bunch of foreginers don't forget... there might be a twist!

blufox_o7
January 30, 2007, 12:17 AM
why does everyone think rikkai dai will get through, they're playing a bunch of foreginers don't forget... there might be a twist!

Its faith, man. We have faith in Rikkai (or at least, I do. Hahaha)'

There might be a twist. I mean, I'm not saying that theyre not gonna have a hard time--but its just that..

Arg. I know they will make it. Theyve been champions in the National Tournament for 2 consecutive years. And they have to show us how Yukimura plays (and I assume the only way for them to focus on his skills is for him to play a match against Seigaku)

sammo
January 31, 2007, 03:08 PM
tezuka will repel any attack chitose will throw at him with tezuka zone

or tezuka will go over his limit

or inui will go over his limit like yanagi vs inui :<

i mean, if tachibana had a chance to beat chitose without going easy on him on his lion smash, i think tezuka's chances are still pretty good.

kabaji-baka101
February 01, 2007, 10:03 PM
Recommendation!

O well, I'm a new member here in the forums and so I have to adjust and stuff. But then never the less, in answer to the thread-starter, I have two main sources from where I download my manga.

www.anime-eden.com (http://www.anime-eden.com) - This is the place to be when it comes to manga. This place has all the manga you'll ever need and most of their series' are already complete. This place is regularly updated and the downloads are fast. Though I recommed you donwload at the peak hours where there isn't much stress on the servers (in the Philippines that would be between 10pm to 4am). The place requires registration but then its free. Prince of Tennis can be downloaded here in volumes. If indeed you find the downloads slow sometimes, then you can use accelerators like FlashGet and stuff like that.

www.vnmanga.com (http://www.vnmanga.com) - Consider this place as an alternative to Anime-Eden. Registration is required here but then once registered there's a daily download limit of 10 files. To get around this, maintain at least three separate accounts using 3 different e-mails so you won't get caught. They incorporate a copper system over there that increases everytime you post in the forums. PoT can be downloaded in volumes as well and it costs 10 copper per volume. With that said, the speeds are also fair enough but then sometimes VNManga goes down and can't be accessed.

www.mangahelpers.com (http://www.mangahelpers.com) - I recommend this place for the newer chapters 310+. Heehee, how could I forget mangahelpers. Its the place to be.

kabaji-baka101
February 01, 2007, 11:08 PM
Based on peronal opinion, I think that Konomi might end this in a draw. Mainly because the main attraction of the whole thing is the match between Kintarou and Ryoma. And as per the match with Hyoutei, I agree that Ryoma might be the one to face Yukimura. I think it would best to be that way, but then I doubt that Konomi sensei will make Echizen lose even once, like Tezuka (exclude the Tezuka - Atobe match).

kabaji-baka101
February 01, 2007, 11:18 PM
Since no one has posted here as of yet, let me be the first. O well, seems that the manga is getting more and more exciting as we approach the Ryoma-Kintarou match (I doubt that Inui and Tezuka will win because I think that the Ryoma-Kintarou match is the bread and the butter of the event). LOL.

However, whats goin to happen after all this is over? Whats going to happen to Tennis no Ouji-sama? I mean if everyone goes pro and stuff that would just be too sad in terms of the storyline development. I do hope that Konomi comes up with something good.

kabaji-baka101
February 01, 2007, 11:20 PM
This has got to be one of the funniest matches that I've ever seen in my history of reading PoT. I mean, which decent tennis doubles team would act so gay and whose main tactic involves rattling the opponent into their pace? Wierd, but then definitely funny.

kabaji-baka101
February 01, 2007, 11:24 PM
Oh mehn.... Lets consider that D1 will be a draw and Echizen will be able to play Kintarou. Moreover, I do also want to read about Rikkai's matches with the foreign exchange students, if indeed Takeshi will show it to us. What I really want to see is Yukimura. It seems too mysterious and I don't like the feeling of not being able to see what Yukimura is capable of.

kabaji-baka101
February 01, 2007, 11:39 PM
The styles of the Hadoukyuu mean the levels of power that is shoved into each Hadoukyuu (which is evidently a lot of power). I don't know what principleit uses, but then I think that its just all about the brute force put into it.

blufox_o7
February 02, 2007, 12:56 AM
Wierd, but then definitely funny.

I wouldnt call it weird at all. I'd have to say that it was hell <b>disturbing</b>!!! But yeah, I'd have to agree regarding the funny part. :)

LadyHatake
February 02, 2007, 08:20 PM
The latest chapter of PoT is out, you can find it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=14348.0)

So feel free to discuss and make predictions!!!

Have fun guys/gals =D

Tezuka499
February 02, 2007, 11:09 PM
Chitose won his first point on the 42 hit. It's going to be a long match.

ALKHHKLA
February 02, 2007, 11:42 PM
what a cool chapter. too bad i can't read japanese. astezuka 499 said, this match isn't going to end quickly.

Requiem
February 02, 2007, 11:48 PM
yeah, this going to be a long match :darn

but what happened to Zaizen ? what does Inui say to him ?

Atobe's hair re-style is very cool :amuse

blufox_o7
February 03, 2007, 12:08 AM
OMG! i dont want to sound so fangirl-y..but agh!

THANKYOUSOMUCH!

*blufox stops herself from drooling any further*

KuwabaraTheMan
February 03, 2007, 12:42 AM
Lol @ Atobe after Ryoma had his way with his hair.

Zaizen looked rather foolish there, hopefully he does something cool later.

Overall, an amazing chapter.

boberto
February 03, 2007, 01:05 AM
It's so exciting it actually tingled my spine.

Anyway, cool hair, Atobe. Haha! It actually suits him better than his old hairstyle.

paucius
February 03, 2007, 01:05 AM
thank you kabaji-baka101 , really, now i will be reading mangas all day

Babii-Boo
February 03, 2007, 08:14 AM
Haha look at Kabaji XD
Why couldn't Echizen shave Atobe's head fully? And why the heck did Kabaji shave his head for?
>_< Atobe and Kabaji should swap hairstyles...

Hm.. Zaizen tried to return Tezuka's ball but he missed.. ahaha xD He was trying to be clever! At least Inui knows the 'rules' of this match...

Chitose's SOSA is overcoming Tezuka's SOSA ^^ yey!

IncognitoGuy
February 03, 2007, 09:55 AM
If I saw it right, did Chitose hit Fire of FuuRinKaZan, only to have Tezuka return it with the same shot, only Tezuka hit it out?

kyuubi8447
February 03, 2007, 11:25 AM
it sounds good in theory that it'll be a draw. or maybe they throw in a crazy twist and just make them win :p just to catch everyone off guard.

same thing with rikkai they may try to surprise us.

i personally think it would be cool if ryoma plays kintaro and kintaro gets the pinnacle of perfection and ryoma doesn't but ryoma wins (of course) because he's already seen it from nanjirou and its nothing new to him.
what would people say if the pinacle of perfection was beaten with just the regular muga?!? :o

kyuubi8447
February 03, 2007, 11:32 AM
Haha look at Kabaji XD
Why couldn't Echizen shave Atobe's head fully? And why the heck did Kabaji shave his head for?

that's what i was wondering! is he that much of a dedicated follower of atobe??

i wonder how far tezuka will fall behind before he catches up? i have a feeling that's how the match is going to proceed.

cravenight
February 03, 2007, 07:18 PM
I would assume that atobe just told kabaji to do it, since he is vain and doesn't want to be the only one that looks like that.

Hopefully this match won't be like all the other matchs but a more even one.

kabaji-baka101
February 05, 2007, 05:20 AM
Heehee.... Its going to be a really really long match guys.... Man, Atobe and Kabaji look wierd now... Did Kabaji lose weight? Oh well, hehehe....

luffy28
February 07, 2007, 09:48 AM
Also a site that upgrades everyweek. Cause mangarun has only up to 328.

Thank You.

bax
February 07, 2007, 03:07 PM
The RAW is out guys ^^ Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=14576.0).

Go on ahead and discuss the latest chapter ^^ Looks like Tezuka and Chitose's match is starting to get interesting.
Have fun ^^

Babii-Boo
February 07, 2007, 03:40 PM
Well, for others who'd like to know as well:
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/ 320-332 (332 - latest scan)
http://www.mangavolume.com/prince-of-tennis/manga/ 1-308
http://mangarun.com/prince_of_tennis/ 1-328

KuwabaraTheMan
February 07, 2007, 03:54 PM
Tezuka is stepping it up a notch, and managing to counter Chitose's ability. Very intense.

Fayte
February 07, 2007, 04:57 PM
Tezuka was beastin it at the end.

Hyde
February 07, 2007, 07:02 PM
Very good! Maybe there's a way Tezuka wins, leaving the possibility of Ryoma loses (for once !) the final game (if played?)

cravenight
February 07, 2007, 09:56 PM
If Tezuka wins, then Ryoma won't play at all, since there is not need to.

This match is going very interestingly.

TEK
February 08, 2007, 05:25 AM
I think it's gonna end in a No Contest. Kinda like how the match with Kabaji and Kawamura ended. This would result in it going to the final Singles 1 match where if Kintaro wins against Ryoma, then there'd be an extra match where the subs play. But if Ryoma wins, like he usually does, then it'll clinch the victory for Seigaku and allow them to advance to the finals.

Babii-Boo
February 08, 2007, 07:26 AM
Wow O_o wonder how Tezuka's doing that... he can't use his hyakuren jitoku no kiwami, so maybe he's opened the Saiki Kanpatsu no kiwami and is using that to defeat Chitose's SOSA instead?

Man, Chitose best win this game fair and square ;) I feel sorry for Miyuki >_< Wonder who is she supporting? Her theft bro or her aniki ?

Requiem
February 09, 2007, 04:11 AM
Tezuka is still using Hyakuren Jitoku no Kiwami :amuse
maybe he is focusing on the last shot

boberto
February 09, 2007, 11:31 PM
It means that Hyakuren Jitoku no Kiwami combined with Tezuka Zone can actually beat Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami because whatever Chitose does even the supposedly last ball will come back towards Tezuka--which means simulations with him winning are futile because he won't be able to close a game with his balls. Interesting match. I want them to get over with this madness soon though so we can see Ryoma's match.

hatsuharupeace
February 10, 2007, 03:45 AM
maybe tezuka can also use saiki kanpatsu no kiwami, except he doesnt use it because he likes using hyakuren jitoku no kiwami better, and can utilize it better. thats why he knows how to defeat it.

dandy65
February 10, 2007, 04:20 AM
But if Tezuka wins then Echizen can't play...so Tezuka has to lose!! :'(

If Tezuka used Saiki then the ppl there can see him glittering o.o And he would he known how to defeat saiki kanpatsu straight away from the beginning if he had that ability :O

jacobxlee
February 10, 2007, 04:56 PM
where can i get the manga for the national series, after episode 7??

gigantor21
February 12, 2007, 06:26 PM
But if Tezuka wins then Echizen can't play...so Tezuka has to lose!! :'(

If Tezuka used Saiki then the ppl there can see him glittering o.o And he would he known how to defeat saiki kanpatsu straight away from the beginning if he had that ability :O

Well, they're going to have to play all the matches regardless because of the new rules. Plus, Tezuka's game with Eishirou way back in the first Nationals match was the best one in that entire match, even though Seigaku completely swept Higa and it was the last game. So I think it could go either way--and in either case, both matches are shaping up to be awesome, so I don't think it'd be that big a deal.

saiboy42
February 12, 2007, 11:49 PM
I believe Ryoma can SOSA for brief moments (i.e. long enough to perform a single move) so I don't see why Tezuka can't do the same. Tezuka is probably turning Hyakuren Jitoku no Kiwami 'off' for a split second on the 'last' hit.

Chitose is using Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami to predict the sequence of events at the beginning of each point (when Tezuka is using SOSA) so perhaps he's unable predict a change in SOSA like that since it's not exactly a physical tennis move... But if this is the case, Chitose will probably use Saiki to constantly predict the next move (tiring himself out faster), but overcoming this tactic when he's about to drop from exhaustion :P

dandy65
February 13, 2007, 07:10 AM
I believe Ryoma can SOSA for brief moments (i.e. long enough to perform a single move) so I don't see why Tezuka can't do the same. Tezuka is probably turning Hyakuren Jitoku no Kiwami 'off' for a split second on the 'last' hit.

Chitose is using Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami to predict the sequence of events at the beginning of each point (when Tezuka is using SOSA) so perhaps he's unable predict a change in SOSA like that since it's not exactly a physical tennis move... But if this is the case, Chitose will probably use Saiki to constantly predict the next move (tiring himself out faster), but overcoming this tactic when he's about to drop from exhaustion :P

....You are a genius. It's like, reading underneath the underneath! :D

kingsenol
February 13, 2007, 07:54 PM
Just got into this and I'm loving it. I watched all of the anime/movies/ova's so I started at where Kintaro is introduced. Caught up to 334 in 1 day and can't wait for 335.
Great theory Saiboy!

KuwabaraTheMan
February 14, 2007, 01:02 AM
Well, they're gowing to have to play all the matches regardless because of the new rules.

No. Only your first match is all 5 matches. Hence why the D1 and S1 matches of Fudoumine vs Shitenhouji weren't played.

Babii-Boo
February 14, 2007, 12:17 PM
No. Only your first match is all 5 matches.

First 2 matches ^_^

KuwabaraTheMan
February 14, 2007, 03:14 PM
First 2 matches ^_^

No, your first match. The first 2 rounds all have all 5 matches played because every 2nd round match involved a team that had a First round bye.

Fudoumine was only Shitenhouji's 2nd opponent(becuase they had a 1st round bye), but they still didn't have to play the whole thing.

Babii-Boo
February 14, 2007, 04:32 PM
No, your first match. The first 2 rounds all have all 5 matches played because every 2nd round match involved a team that had a First round bye.

Fudoumine was only Shitenhouji's 2nd opponent(becuase they had a 1st round bye), but they still didn't have to play the whole thing.

I was thinking around the lines of: Rokkaku vs Higa ---> Seigaku vs Higa, but whatever. In Higa's case it was the first 2 rounds. It's different for other school like Seigaku, that I am aware of.

KuwabaraTheMan
February 15, 2007, 10:07 AM
I was thinking around the lines of: Rokkaku vs Higa ---> Seigaku vs Higa, but whatever. In Higa's case it was the first 2 rounds. It's different for other school like Seigaku, that I am aware of.

Yeah, but my point was all 2nd round matches pitted up a school like Higa(that won their first match), against a school like Seigaku(that had a first round bye), so they were all someone's first match.

ALKHHKLA
February 16, 2007, 02:31 AM
man, i want to see what is happening to Rikkai Dai, since they have to play all those foreign exchange students

dandy65
February 16, 2007, 08:15 AM
man, i want to see what is happening to Rikkai Dai, since they have to play all those foreign exchange students

I guess we will find out soon because the Rikkai students were provoked by it...I bet it'd be good battles though :D

bax
February 16, 2007, 09:27 PM
Prince of Tennis 335 is out. Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15162.0).

Done? Now go on and discuss the chapter here.
Looks like Tezuka and Chitose's match is getting more and more intense. Tezuka is starting to have the upperhand. Chitose seems just surrendered. But, what will be the outcome?
Have fun ^^

kingsenol
February 16, 2007, 09:31 PM
There's not much more for Chitose to do. He used his best move against Tezuka's best move. Now that Tezuka has beaten Chitose all there's left is to play a real doubles game, no?

Requiem
February 16, 2007, 09:38 PM
Tezuka is GOD, Hyakuren Jitoku mixed with Saikin Kanpatsu is the third door of SoSA ?

KuwabaraTheMan
February 16, 2007, 09:39 PM
Holy crap!

Tezuka activates the Saikikanpatsus no kiwami, and apparently is the closest to the 3rd Door. Un freaking believable. This chapt was simply intense.

Tezuka, I'm sorry I ever thought you weren't that interesting. You've been so cool these past few chapters, and even are showing a personality.

Shiraishi
February 16, 2007, 09:57 PM
Tezuka is the GOD of tennis

Requiem
February 16, 2007, 10:44 PM
but if Tezuka is able to activate Hyakuren Jitoku and Saikin kanpatsu at same time, I think that Chitose can do it too

we have already seen that Zaizen and Inui are there for nothing, in which mode will Chitose catch-up with GOD OF TENNIS ?

Sai_the_Shaman
February 16, 2007, 11:34 PM
Chitose won't be able to open up the door to Hyakuren Jitoku because it already takes all his stamina and energy to just open up Saikikanpatsu (if I remeber correctly, that's what he said during the match against Tachibana). So if he now thinks that Tezuka is the closest to Ten'imuhou no Kiwami, but thought that Kintarou was closest before, then does that mean that Kintarou can open up at least one of the doors? Hmmmm....I have a feeling the next chapter is going to be the end of the match because Chitose can't possibly have that much left in him. Even if Tezuka wins, Ryoma's match will still be played out because they said that all the national level matches will be played out regardless, right? (At least that is what they did with Higa Chuu). If that is indeed the case, then it shouldn't matter if Tezuka wins, though it would take some suspense out of Ryoma's.

Requiem
February 17, 2007, 12:04 AM
after looking more closely, Tezuka's serve is a Zero Shiki :o

let's call it "Zero Shiki Serve" :smile-big

PreLuderS
February 17, 2007, 04:18 AM
i guess both give up :), because tezuka has faith in echizen and believes that i wins (although). so echizen has the final match!

Babii-Boo
February 17, 2007, 09:37 AM
Even if Tezuka wins, Ryoma's match will still be played out because they said that all the national level matches will be played out regardless, right?

Wrong. The rule only applies for the first 2/ first round(s). :noworry

I always thought that Tezuka knew the 2nd door of SOSA (ever since the last chapter) but never thought that Konomi would actually make it happen. O_o. Wow.

And the combination of the 2 SOSA's... always thought that that's what lies inside the 3rd door of SOSA. :noworry

gigantor21
February 17, 2007, 10:11 AM
This looked like an amazing chapter...I love how Tezuka casually opened both doors like it was no big deal.

I really want a translation/scanlation to come out, so I can do a review for it.

Shiraishi
February 17, 2007, 11:11 AM
The Zero Shiki Serve is awesome ^^
Opened doors
Ryoma:0
Tezuka:2
I don´t think that Hyakuren Jitoku mixed with Saiki Kanpatsu is the third door of SoSA probably chitose was so impressed that he thought that tezuka is the closest to the Ten'i Muhou no Kiwami

Babii-Boo
February 17, 2007, 03:46 PM
An idea that I read from another member:

In the first round against Higa Chuu, Tezuka had the glory by showing us his Pinnacle of Hard Work in Singles 1.

In the second round it was Ryoma that got the glory by facing off against Atobe in Singles 1.

Now in the semifinals, Tezuka very well may beat Chitose and take the glory by advancing to the finals with Seigaku.

So that gives 2 glorious moments to Tezuka and 1 to Ryoma. Therefore in the finals Ryoma will get the glory because he doesn't get to play in the semifinals, so it is likely that he will be facing Yukimura in singles 1 (and because he is the main character).

If that theory came true, how would Ryoma play against Tooyama? O.o?
Also, who said that Ryoma won't face Tooyama and get the glory in the semifinals, and Tezuka face Yukimura and get the glory in the finals? :noworry

Either way, i'm sure Chitose will somehow turn the tables around and give Tezuka a hard time again, or Zaizen and Inui will just have to face each other (and Zaizen wins).

gigantor21
February 17, 2007, 06:35 PM
I don´t think that Hyakuren Jitoku mixed with Saiki Kanpatsu is the third door of SoSA probably chitose was so impressed that he thought that tezuka is the closest to the Ten'i Muhou no Kiwami

Yeah, I doubt that, too. It could be something else entirely, that lets you concentrate the power of Muga back and forth into several different body parts at will or something.

It can't just be a combo--otherwise, that'd make Tezuka even with Ryoma's father, which is doubtful. He's basically the Ricardo Martinez of PoT, after all (such a master of the sport that he represents the highest point the main character wants to reach).

Babii-Boo
February 18, 2007, 05:09 AM
Well, both captains has been saying how they want to face each other in the finals since before the nationals, and both rookies (mainly just Tooyama) has been saying how they want to play against each other since before the semifinals.

Plus, Sanada still hasn't gone all out on Ryoma yet... So it'll be interesting to see Sanada use all four of his Fuu Rin Ka Zan against Echizen's Pinnacle of Perfection. But then, rumours has it that Fuji will be the one playing against Sanada in the finals. XD

Therefore Tezuka will lose this match, and Ryoma will win the next match against Tooyama. :noworry

Requiem
February 18, 2007, 05:34 AM
I'm starting to think that Tezuka can't lose this Doubles1 :noworry

but a No-match would be boring :s

Fuji
February 18, 2007, 08:29 AM
There has only been one match where Ryoma has not played, and that was the match against Rokkaku. It's hard to say whether Tezuka loses this or not, though with Saiki and Hyakuren combined, Chitose will have to pull one out of his ass to win. The only way I see Chitose winning is if Tezuka tires out.

I really don't think Rikkaidai wins their semifinal match. I get the feeling this is going to be one of those cases where they go in all hot headed and get the pants beaten off of them. If they were going to win their match, I don't think that Konomi would have shown us that their opponents were foreign exchange students.

taniquetil
February 18, 2007, 11:23 AM
Rikkaidai has to win their match, because Seigaku beat them but with the absence of both Yukimura and Tezuka. They have to settle this score.

Second, it was mentioned once in the manga that Yukimura is the best tennis player in all of Japan, so Ryoma has to beat him to be the prince of tennis. Or...Yukimura might only be the second best now, since TEzuka opened two doors of Muga no Kyouchi.

Babii-Boo
February 18, 2007, 07:01 PM
Could the Pinnacle of Perfection be... When the player plays his match with their eyes closed? I mean, that's what Nanjiro did, and he is the only one that's opened the third door. OK, maybe the third door might not be as simple, but maybe it could be an addition to the 'power' of the third door.

dandy65
February 18, 2007, 09:59 PM
Ryoma might not have been able to release the Pinnacle of Perfection by the time he faces Sanada :D I guess that's a possibility. :O But if it's the 2 kids fighting I think they might both release the Teni muhou , you kno? :D

rankgain
February 19, 2007, 03:13 AM
This manga is becoming more like DragonBallZ and less like actual tennis. The Pinnacles remind me of Super Saiyan . >.> All we need now is a new serve/shot where you infuse your chi into it and it turns into a Kamehameha like thing. :amuse Well, at least the chapters are getting more intense now. The previous chapters with that guy getting blown into the stands... Not that interesting.

Super Saiyan Great Wisdom! Raooarrrrrrrr!

Fayte
February 19, 2007, 10:55 AM
-The pinnacle of perfection IS NOT the pinnacle of great wisdom and hardwork combined. It is a seperate door that is harder to achieve than the other two.

-It WAS NOT mentioned in the manga that Yukimura was the best.

-Sanada WILL NOT be vsing Fuji in the finals. Don't get your hopes up about a rumor some random made up. (Fuji and Sanada both lost the last games they played.)

In my opinion, They save the best for last. In this case the last is Rikkaidai. I think the first to achieve the pinnacle of Perfection will be Sanada and Yukimura. (they were the first to achieve SoSA remember) Too many people still believe that FuuRinKaZan is the only thing Sanada has. In Kantou, that was his ace. This is the Nationals. Don't compare Kantou Sanada to somebody who has improved in the Nationals.

Sanada lost in Kantou. I don't think he would lose twice in the final round. Its not Yukimura who we should be looking at for excitement. The real monster on Rikkaidai is Sanada.

*-Back to the topic at hand-*

It was suprising that Tezuka achieved the pinnacle of great wisdom. Although I knew this would happen the second Tezuka started yelling the number of shots it would take to win the point. The only way this could tie, is if Chitose does something great to improve and get to Tezuka's level.

Remember, Chitose did not enter the pinnacle of great wisdom. He just opened the door. Perhaps he will enter through it, and perhaps thats the reason Tezuka was able to achieve it.

Tezuka just opened the two doors, he did not go through them. Maybe Chitose will go through the one he already opened. Its the only logical reasoning for me anyway.

Shiraishi
February 19, 2007, 11:41 AM
-It WAS NOT mentioned in the manga that Yukimura was the best

But we know that he probably is one of the best

-Sanada WILL NOT be vsing Fuji in the finals. Don't get your hopes up about a rumor some random made up. (Fuji and Sanada both lost the last games they played.)

And who will face then ? Fuji cant play against Kirihara again and yuki is too much for him

In my opinion, They save the best for last. In this case the last is Rikkaidai. I think the first to achieve the pinnacle of Perfection will be Sanada and Yukimura. (they were the first to achieve SoSA remember) Too many people still believe that FuuRinKaZan is the only thing Sanada has. In Kantou, that was his ace. This is the Nationals. Don't compare Kantou Sanada to somebody who has improved in the Nationals

Sanda has the FuuRinKaZan since last year and he didnt create something new since then ¬¬
And Sanada will not open the Pinnacle of Perfection like a lot i can see him open Hyaku ren Jitoku no Kiwami but without tezuka zone doesn´t looks that great

Sanada lost in Kantou. I don't think he would lose twice in the final round. Its not Yukimura who we should be looking at for excitement. The real monster on Rikkaidai is Sanada.

Sanda isnt a popular character so he dont need to win

Babii-Boo
February 19, 2007, 11:59 AM
Question,

Is the Pinnacle of Great Wisdom stronger than the Pinnacle of Hard Work?
We all know that Pinnacle of Perfection (3rd door) is the strongest out of the 3 doors, so does that make the 2nd door stronger than the 1st door? Or are they the same?

Fayte
February 19, 2007, 06:48 PM
And who will face then ? Fuji cant play against Kirihara again and yuki is too much for himSanda has the FuuRinKaZan since last year and he didnt create something new since then ¬¬

I think you have no idea how to back up what you say.

-Fuji can play against whoever the author wants him to.

You said Sanada has not developed since Kantou? So what immense manga are you reading that skips all the way to Seigaku vs Rikkaidai in the nationals? Nobody has seen any of Rikkaidai's development yet.

-And Babii, Do you not remember my diagram? the two doors are in the same location, right next to eachother.

Babii-Boo
February 19, 2007, 09:04 PM
-And Babii, Do you not remember my diagram? the two doors are in the same location, right next to eachother.
Memory refreshed. ^^"
So the Pinnacle of Hark Work & Great Wisdom are at the same level. The Pinnacle of Perfection however, is at a level higher: Diagram by Fayte (http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4746/sosano3.jpg)

~ Just a side note, please keep all discussions friendly.

rankgain
February 19, 2007, 09:11 PM
Nice diagram. :P But is the fact that those two doors are next to each actually stated in the manga, or is it inferred? I don't remember anything like that.

Shiraishi
February 19, 2007, 09:54 PM
I am not talking about Kanto Sanada
I talking about 2nd year sanada that already had FuuRinKaZan
You can think wathever you want but if Rikkadai advance to the finals fuji has big chances to face Sanada
And you are saying that i have no idea of what i am saying when you said that Sanada will open the Pinacle of Perfection LOL
I know that you are a Sanada fan but c´mon :p

dandy65
February 19, 2007, 11:12 PM
I'd say Yukimura is stronger than Sanada...after all, it's the Captain that's always strongest? Plus Sanada holds respect for Yukimura so I guess Yukimura is actually strong...

Requiem
February 20, 2007, 01:01 AM
Sanada in the past 2 years didn't need to develop some new shot, other than FuuRinKaZan, because he was always winning. When you win, you really don't care to improve because you don't see where are your limits, but now is a little different, Sanada lost at Kanto so "maybe" he have developped something.
I said "maybe" because at Kanto he used only 2 moves of the FuuRinKaZan and entered in SoSA just for one point, so do you really think that if Sanada uses FuuRinKaZan at full power in SoSA needs to improve ?

Shiraishi
February 20, 2007, 10:55 AM
I know that Sanda at that time didnt need to improve that wasnt my point
He needs to improve beacause do you think that with FuuRinKaZan at full power in SoSA can beat somethink like Saiki Kanpatsu or HyakuRen Jitoke plus when Yuki tells him that he would lost against Atobe(he could evolve so i will not say he lost) i think that he knows that he needs to improve

Fayte
February 20, 2007, 01:40 PM
Chitose made it clear that the two doors are at the same level, just a different way to achieve them. He also made it clear that the pinnacle of perfection was at a whole different level, so I think my diagram is worthy to say the least.

And to make it easier for you to understand what I am saying Shiraishi:

In Kantou, who was the strongest? Sanada.
In Kantou, who was the last antagonist? Sanada.
In Kantou, who were the first to develop SoSA? Sanada, Yukimura, and Chitose.

Sanada lost against Echizen, and Yukimura who's opinion is greatly influenced said he would have lost to Atobe (who he has beaten before)

Knowing Sanada, who is probably the hardest worker out of any tennis player when it comes to improving, Do you honestly think it is farfetched to think he and Yukimura will be the first to achieve the Pinnacle of Perfection? They where the first to achieve SoSA. Plus they are the last team to vs in the Nationals, which suggests they are the strongest players yet with impressive new improvement we have yet to see.

Just because Yukimura is the captain, and Sanada is the vice captain, does not mean Yukimura is better. Oishi is seigaku's vice captain. Does that mean he is better than Fuji?

I'm not saying Yukimura is not better than Sanada. I'm saying it would be ignorant for us to just say he is without even seeing him play. Yes Sanada holds respect for him. It doesn't mean it is just because Yukimura is better than him. It could just be Sanada having respect for the one put in a higher power.

But yes, that is my theory. Sanada or Yukimura or both, will be the first to achieve the pinnacle of perfection. Chitose said Tezuka was probably the closest. However, Chitose was not watching Rikkaidai. The reason I think this is simply because if anybody on seigaku achieved this before Rikkaidai, The matches would not be hard to win. Its only natural that the last team you fight is the best yet, and it requires yourself to evolve to beat them.

Babii-Boo
February 20, 2007, 02:35 PM
The reason I think this is simply because if anybody on seigaku achieved this before Rikkaidai, The matches would not be hard to win. Its only natural that the last team you fight is the best yet, and it requires yourself to evolve to beat them.
If that's the case then we can say that Kirihara can achieve the Pinnacle of Perfection as well. What you are saying right now are all based on opinion, right? :amuse

Also, we are forgetting about the 2 rookies - Ryoma & Tooyama - who are the main characters said to be able to achieve the Pinnacle of Perfection. :noworry

Wololo
February 20, 2007, 03:55 PM
Pot is turning more and more dbzish with each chapter. It's hard to believe that at the beginning it was a sports manga.

Shiraishi
February 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
I respect your opinion :)
Back on topic: Zaizen will be able to return the Zero Shiki Serve? :blink

Fayte
February 20, 2007, 11:53 PM
If that's the case then we can say that Kirihara can achieve the Pinnacle of Perfection as well. What you are saying right now are all based on opinion, right? :amuse

Kirihara is not at the level of Sanada and Yukimura.

: Topic :

I have faith in Zaizen. He is one of my favorite characters and I wouldn't be suprised if he did return the serve. He is known as a genius after all.

Dansan1
February 23, 2007, 12:08 AM
Fayte,

Your opinions are obviously not taking into account any knowledge of literary techniques and devices. They seem to be influenced more by fandom.

You are overlooking the the extreme reverence the author has placed on the Pinnacle of Perfection. Only person in the last decade. Who was that again. Oh yeah! Ryoma's dad. The person who has been established as his symbolic greatest hurdle. The story is about Ryoma's growth, the Pinnacle of Perfection is PURELY a literary technique to show his growth in relation to his father's.

When Chitose said the Tooyama was closest, this isn't the author saying he will get it. This is the author demonstrating how strong Tooyama is, without having to illustrate a match.

Only one person is going to achieve it, and we're dumb if we dont' know who that is. (Unless of course Ryoma achieves it here in the Shitenhouji match, then of course it is free game for any character)

It is also COMPLETELY possible for Rikkaidai not to be in the finals. (I don't know at this point). Another COMMON literary tactic for introducing strength of an entity without showing it, is to have it defeat some other previously established strength. (a mini scale would be the introduction of Fudomine). I would however be disappointed not to see Yukimura play Echizen (which will happen if Rikkaidai makes it), but I would be happy either way.

As you said, Sanda was the man at Kantou, literary rules 101: the main character never jumps a hurdle twice, He will not be the focus of the nationals.

Just in reading the nationals you can already see the focus. Tooyama and Yukimura. Remember the MAIN focus of the story is Ryoma's growth. Ryoma will not play Sanada again, and we can therefore assume that Sanada won't stand in the spotlight. Sanada has fallen to the wayside. Atobe surpassed him. Why was that mentioned? Not to show Sanada's growth! :smile-big It was to show Ryoma's growth.

Think of it as a race, and each match a hurdle. Ryoma won't double back to jumb a hurdle he already has cleared. (Even if it wasn't Sanada at his absolute best, we're not talking real world, we're talking literary technique. Once Ryoma beats someone, he never plays them again {to demonstrate growth that is, he may play them on other levels})

And NO ONE is blindly assuming Yukimura to be stronger than Sanada. We are taking into account everything the author has done (the reverence from Sanada, the Yukimura - Atobe encounter, ect ect.) Besides looking at it a it's most basic level, you also have to take into account what Konomi has said about Yukimura in interviews.

You're blinding thinking the author is going to treat Sanada fairly. News flash, ONLY the main character gets treated fairly. Only the main character (/team too in this case) get to grow. How many other teams/players had real growth drawn? None. Not Hyotei, not Fudomine, not Yamabuki, and Rikkaidai will be no exception. Sanada won't grow. He may show power that wasn't shown before, but he will not grow as a player. Atobe was only shown growth to be a new hurdle for Ryoma.

As an aside.

I'm stumped for what will happen to Fuji (the man) if Rikkaidai should make it to the finals. Unless Tezuka is taken out in his current match, then what's left for Fuji? I DON"T WANT TO SEE HIM IN DOUBLES FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! Although rereading makes me lean towards Rikkaidai losing in the semis. (I want to see Yukimura :mad)

Donkey Show
February 23, 2007, 03:23 AM
IF Rikkaidai were to lose, it'd probably be similar to how Fudomine was shown to lose. Not exactly, but I'm sure there would be at least a match shown with Yukimura and Nagoya singles 1.

I think it'd be fitting for Seigaku to take on Nagoya in the end. I mean, once you're on top of Japan, what's next... The world, which is what Nagoya represents. It's perfect for Ryoma, who will more likely achieve the Pinnacle of Perfection, to beat those representing the tennis strength outside of Japan.

As for this match, I'm undecided on how it's going to go. As much as Zaizen is a genius, it's rather obvious himself and Inui are way out of their league. Then again, Konomi-sensei has surprised us before, so we'll see.

Dansan1
February 23, 2007, 09:30 AM
"The world, which is what Nagoya represents."

Excelent observation. I think you nailed one more nail in Rikkai's coffin. It might also be possible for Konomi to show a completely crushed Yukimura sans actually illustrating the matche, the way they did with Tachibana to establish Kirihara.

Donkey Show
February 23, 2007, 09:49 AM
Maybe not so much a crushed Yukimura, considering there's been a build up as to him being a really good player, but I'd like to see him go down fighting with some of his skills and maybe open up a door or two.

But there's too much of a significance of Nagoya showing up and being all foreign players, which I have stated in my last post.

aznboiray
February 23, 2007, 10:21 AM
i just read them at barns and nobles or mangatraders.com

Aviation
February 23, 2007, 05:23 PM
Fayte,

Your opinions are obviously not taking into account any knowledge of literary techniques and devices. They seem to be influenced more by fandom.

You are overlooking the the extreme reverence the author has placed on the Pinnacle of Perfection. Only person in the last decade. Who was that again. Oh yeah! Ryoma's dad. The person who has been established as his symbolic greatest hurdle. The story is about Ryoma's growth, the Pinnacle of Perfection is PURELY a literary technique to show his growth in relation to his father's.

When Chitose said the Tooyama was closest, this isn't the author saying he will get it. This is the author demonstrating how strong Tooyama is, without having to illustrate a match.

Only one person is going to achieve it, and we're dumb if we dont' know who that is. (Unless of course Ryoma achieves it here in the Shitenhouji match, then of course it is free game for any character)

It is also COMPLETELY possible for Rikkaidai not to be in the finals. (I don't know at this point). Another COMMON literary tactic for introducing strength of an entity without showing it, is to have it defeat some other previously established strength. (a mini scale would be the introduction of Fudomine). I would however be disappointed not to see Yukimura play Echizen (which will happen if Rikkaidai makes it), but I would be happy either way.

As you said, Sanda was the man at Kantou, literary rules 101: the main character never jumps a hurdle twice, He will not be the focus of the nationals.

Just in reading the nationals you can already see the focus. Tooyama and Yukimura. Remember the MAIN focus of the story is Ryoma's growth. Ryoma will not play Sanada again, and we can therefore assume that Sanada won't stand in the spotlight. Sanada has fallen to the wayside. Atobe surpassed him. Why was that mentioned? Not to show Sanada's growth! :smile-big It was to show Ryoma's growth.

Think of it as a race, and each match a hurdle. Ryoma won't double back to jumb a hurdle he already has cleared. (Even if it wasn't Sanada at his absolute best, we're not talking real world, we're talking literary technique. Once Ryoma beats someone, he never plays them again {to demonstrate growth that is, he may play them on other levels})

And NO ONE is blindly assuming Yukimura to be stronger than Sanada. We are taking into account everything the author has done (the reverence from Sanada, the Yukimura - Atobe encounter, ect ect.) Besides looking at it a it's most basic level, you also have to take into account what Konomi has said about Yukimura in interviews.

You're blinding thinking the author is going to treat Sanada fairly. News flash, ONLY the main character gets treated fairly. Only the main character (/team too in this case) get to grow. How many other teams/players had real growth drawn? None. Not Hyotei, not Fudomine, not Yamabuki, and Rikkaidai will be no exception. Sanada won't grow. He may show power that wasn't shown before, but he will not grow as a player. Atobe was only shown growth to be a new hurdle for Ryoma.

As an aside.

I'm stumped for what will happen to Fuji (the man) if Rikkaidai should make it to the finals. Unless Tezuka is taken out in his current match, then what's left for Fuji? I DON"T WANT TO SEE HIM IN DOUBLES FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! Although rereading makes me lean towards Rikkaidai losing in the semis. (I want to see Yukimura :mad)

Well its good you think you have knowledge of what will happen, but NEWS FLASH! this isn't some novel you think you can predict just because you read a couple of fairy tales. Konomi can do whatever he wants. He doesn't need to follow some imaginary rules of Literature. You think that just because Sanada lost in Kantou that he will not be any different in the Nationals? How ignorant.

Rikkaidai not make it to the finals? They lost in Kantou, and this is their chance to try again. Konomi make the strongest enemy team lose before the main event? LAWL!

You are most likely another Fuji fan like 75% of PoT fans. ZOMG FUJI DID ANOTHER COUNTER! HE LEET! I'm going to laugh when everything you say gets proven wrong when they get to the finals.

I don't even like Sanada, but I disagree with what you said about him being finished showing us what he can do.

Fayte
February 23, 2007, 05:39 PM
But there's too much of a significance of Nagoya showing up and being all foreign players, which I have stated in my last post.

I will not bother writing about anything dansan said but I will comment on this. Yukimura is at Tezuka's level. When Rikkaidai vs'd Seigaku in Kantou, They were both without Tezuka and Yukimura. Now that they are BOTH back in the Nationals, A rematch is the only thing fitting. I personally think that Nagoya will just be there to show Rikkaidai's improvement, not the opposite. If Nagoya wins, it will throw off the entire storyline and hopes for an exciting rematch.

When Nagoya stepped up with all foreign exchange students, Sanada said something along the lines of "Crush them." with a serious face. Rikkaidai (unlike last time) is serious about winning. They wont lose to some randoms.

If you were Konomi, would you rather think of all new techniques for these people we haven't seen before? or will he expand on the players we have already encountered?

I personally think ever since Shitenhouji, Konomi is tired of make up these new techniques for new players. I don't think he will pull a Shitenhouji with Nagoya. At least with Shitenhouji, Echizen and Kintarou met way before the nationals started. That way we have some insight about the team. We know nothing about Nagoya, so I don't think we will start now.

-About Kirihara and Tachibana:

Kirihara was shown in the anime long before that match. It is highly unlikely Konomi will make Rikkaidai lose to a bunch of randoms.

Thats just my opinion.

You are most likely another Fuji fan like 75% of PoT fans. ZOMG FUJI DID ANOTHER COUNTER! HE LEET!

Lol, I've noticed that as well. Most PoT fans like Fuji.

Dansan1
February 23, 2007, 08:02 PM
I do like Fuji. What did that have to do with ANY of my post. Unlike others, I like my characters, but am not silly enough to forget that the manga is about RYOMA. I don't let my love for certain characters blind me to the development of the story.

Aviation,

I NEVER wrote that I know will happen. I wrote I know what will NOT happen. Yes, Konomi can do WHATEVER HE WANTS. Oh wait, you must have no knowledge of how commerical manga works(or for that matter any commercial ficiton). If you think he has complete control over POT you're nuts and very ignorant. His editors have a HUGE say in what happens. If makes a decision that they think the fans will hate. Guess what, he has to aquiessece to them, not the other way around. How many of you think Tezuka will learn to fly? But wait, Konomi can do ANYTHING right?

I wouldn't say I've read some fairy tales. I would say that I grew up loving manga and majored in Japanese literature with a minor in French literature.

Art has NO RULES. Correct. It does however have form. These 'imaginary rules of literature' you mentioned, aren't rules, they are form and they aren't imaginary. Anyone who has studied fiction can see it's underlying form. That's what makes it beautiful. Writing without form reads like crap. If YOU can't see it, that is YOUR problem. I am not making it up. You are simply ignorant of it.

You called me ignorant. You mean't unintuitive. Get a dictionary. Ignorant means a lack of knowledge of a particular subject. Since I have as much access to POT as you My opinions cannot be any more ignorant than yours, you meant that my opinion wasn't very good based on the data (which I disagree obviously). That's not ignorancy. Ignorancy is lack of data. We both have the same 335 chapters to go on. However my opinons are probably bit more informed, considering I've probably read 10 times the amount of manga/japanese writing than you have. You are the one who seems to be ignorant of how to write, how to interpret fiction, and of the underlying form that can be found in all good fiction. How old are you?

I also NEVER said Rikkaidai won't make it to the finals. I said it's POSSIBLE they won't. You're the one seeming to set things in stone by saying they will. Did you not read anything I wrote about Yukimura being a major focus right now? It was HALF my post.

What did I say that could be proven wrong? I made no definite statments about Rikkaidai's success. I even said I want to see Yukimura in the finals! I have been looking forward to Echizen-Yukimura since 200 chapters ago! I even cited evidence they would be there, the statements Konomi made about Yukimura's strength in some of his interviews makes you think that he can't throw Yuki away. (but he may yet)

How in the world can you say it is "highly unlikely Konomi will .. . . " when you seem to know jack about writing ficition! I thought you were the one saying YOU CANT know what will happen.

You citing Rikkai losing it Kantou is not good evidence. So did Yamabuki, Fudomine and Hyotei. They are NOT the strongest team as of now. Whoever makes it to the finals are the strongest, and as you said we CANT know that yet.

Nagoya winning would NOT throw off the storyline. The storyline isn't about Rikkai. It isn't EVEN ABOUT SEIGAKU in the end. The manga has not been Rikkai v Seigaku, like you seem to think. It's about Ryoma. Rikkai losing, won't effect the demonstraing of Ryoma's development in the least bit. If he had NEVER played them, then that would be a different story (unless he played a team that beat them).

There is only ONE keyword for POT : Ryoma. There is only a certain amount of leeway in ignoring Ryoma, and that leeway only comes in the middle of a series. We're too late in POT now.

I DID NOT say Sanada is finished showing us what he can do. Did you not read when I said he may DO EXACTLY that. What I did say is that Konomi will not illustrate growth on his part. Antagonists do NOT grow, unless they become protagonists. If you can cite one real example of an author showing the development of an antognist's growth it would be like finding the missing link of manga. Antagonists don't grow as people . And sorry to say, Sanada is not a protagonist yet.(Vegeta in Dragonball, Anubis in Ronin Warriors, ect.)[br]Posted on: February 23, 2007, 06:58:33 PM_________________________________________________Upon rereading both my posts I am disgusted with the way they read.

I hereby apologize for what seems abrasive. Conversational tone is impossible in written communication, and what might be taken as rude or yelling, I only meant for emphasis. Perhaps I should have used italics not that I think about it. In any case, my posts reads a bit rude. For that I am sincerely sorry. I respect all opinions, but I in this case I truly believe mine is probably a bit more informed (informed does not make me right though, so don't take that comment that way)

The sum of my posts can be said in this : I think it is folly to place any signifigance on Sanada at this point. I think the ones we should be watching and expecting great things from are Yukimura, Tooyama, and of course the Prince.

HikaruYami
February 23, 2007, 08:07 PM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this possibility (too lazy to read it), but I think that, as everyone expects, Tezuka will own here, and then, since Seigaku will already have 3 wins, Ryoma loses the next match (why else would the mangaka have made such a huge deal about this guy up till now, bigger than any other tough opponent Ryoma's ever had), getting his first defeat in an official match ever, then after the nationals are over (or at whatever point) has a rematch with the boy!

Of course, if Tezuka is SOMEHOW defeated, then my theory goes down the drain and Ryoma just barely pulls of a win.

Edit: Oh yeah, and when I say bigger deal, I don't mean like the story focuses more on him, I mean like his pure strength is stressed even more than... anyone's? Especially when the one who analyzed the three doors for the first time said that the kid was the closest person to the pinnacle of perfection.

Dansan1
February 23, 2007, 08:18 PM
If Tezuka wins Ryoma won't even play. They only play all five matches in the opening rounds.

I think it is possible for Zaizen and Inui to take over (or take a bigger role) and then have Seigaku lose. But we pretty much know that somehow Seigaku is going down in the current match.

Do they have a national singles tournament? Where the players represent themselves? Anyone think we'll get to see that? I don't, but I'd love to.

Didn't Konomi talk about ending the series soon? Or was that just a question thrown at him?

Fayte
February 23, 2007, 09:04 PM
Antagonists do NOT grow, unless they become protagonists.

This is the only thing I disagree with. Antagonists grow to let Protagonists grow. It is shown in many different series that I have seen (Bleach, Naruto etc).

Dansan1
February 23, 2007, 09:15 PM
Could you cite me some of the Antongonists the grew in Naruto? (this question isn't meant to sound accusatory as it may in writing, sincecerely asking.)

Note Sasukes' growth does not fall in line. He was a protagonist before and only became a true antongonist in Shippuden, and hasn't grown since, it's been too early, and he may yet become good. I haven't read Bleach merely out of stubborness (a little back story there).

Antagonists often reveal more power that was hidden, but that isn't growth. Generally a defeated antagonist(truly defeated) is discarded or made a backround character. I hesitate to cite DBZ as it is a poor example.

Fayte
February 23, 2007, 09:21 PM
The character in naruto I was thinking of was Itachi. When sasuke was a kid, he tried to fight Itachi and he failed. Years later, he fought Itachi again thinking he stood more of a chance now that he has grew. However Itachi also grew himself, leaving Sasuke with the need to improve even more.

In Bleach it is Byakuya. Ichigo lost to Byakuya the first time he encountered him. Which led Ichigo to improve more in order to beat him.

Those are just two examples that came to mind first.

Dansan1
February 23, 2007, 09:28 PM
That was a flashback to how Itachi was before the manga timeline. It isn't considered growth, because Itachi is still the same as he has been every time we have seen him in the present.. The same way showing how Ryoma might of played back in America would not be showing his growth. Backstory doesn't fall under growth when talking about fiction. I am very confident that we will not see any growth on his present character, because antagonists generally don't.

Of course antagonists and back characters must be shown to not be stationary characters, otherwise they would fall flat and the manga would fail. But growth of a character refers to their personal journey in the present tense. Their histories do not fall under this category. Otherwise all characters can be said to be shown growth. Just like we know Orochimaru wasn't always like this, we've seen lots of flashbacks, but they aren't showing Orochimaru's growth, they are showing how he got to where is now. Growth's literature connotation is a present journey.

An example is we saw Sarutobi (the Third) as a child in flashbacks and as an adult. However we saw no growth in his present character, because he was a minor player (you know what I mean when I say minor)

Sorry, the Bleach reference is lost on me. But if Byakua is the antagonist, how did he grow by having Ichigo (I assume the main character) beat him later? Isn't that only Ichigo's growth?

Fayte
February 23, 2007, 09:33 PM
You said Antagonists are not stationary characters. Doesn't that show evidence that could prove Antagonists indeed grow? If they are not stationary, it suggests they change from their past state.

I don't know, I just find it hard to believe Itachi stayed the same from when he killed his parents, to after he and Kisame visit Konoha. I just don't believe he didn't improve at all.

-And forget about what I said about bleach. If you don't follow the series its not understandable. Bleach isn't your average anime.

Dansan1
February 23, 2007, 09:35 PM
I am not saying he didn't. What I am saying is when you read a novel, a character's growth refers to the present tense. He grew in the past, now that he is introduced he won't.

When I say they aren't stationary, that means throughout their life. During the story (the part we see in real time) they do not grow, because it is irrelative to the protagonists journey. Rather than complicating a storyline an author will establish a level of an antagonist(which may include how he grew to be at that level), and then show the growth of a protagonist by how he measures up to the antagonist over time.

It is muddling to have the antagonist grow in real time, which is why authors avoid it.

Understand what I am trying to say? Even I admit this is hard to communicate in short blurb posts.

(I don't watch any anime, most I would rather stab out my eyes. I do however read much manga, I watched a little of POT after I got into the manga, and wanted to cry. Movies I sometimes do though. Like RK :smile-big)

Keep in mind that antagonist not growing does not refer to the rival archetype, which while generally grouped under antagonist, I believe to be really a seperate entity.

PS. Well I have to be off now, I actually have a tennis match, coincidence? I think not.

Fayte
February 23, 2007, 09:44 PM
Forgive me if I'm not making this very clear. I can't find the correct way to put this.

If a character changes for the better, from past to present, it can be considered "growth". I know what you are saying about characters only being able to grow during present times. Yes that growth may be the growth that we physically see, but that to me, doesn't mean the Antagonists do not grow simply because we don't see them grow.

Anyway I'm getting way off track to my point I was trying to make. You seem to be very knowledgeable of PoT, so I will make a reference to that. In the Echizen vs Sanada match, Echizen had to grow to overcome Sanada's FuuRinKaZan. When Echizen grew, He at that moment was overpowering Sanada. Then to further advance Echizen, Sanada needed to grow more (SoSA). Then Echizen needed to grow further to defeat Sanada.

That is my example of how Antagonists growth helps Protagonists.

PS. - I don't believe in coincidences :P

Dansan1
February 23, 2007, 11:28 PM
That's a good example that can help demonstrate my point. What I mean is that Echizen grew to deal with Sanada's Fuurinkazan. But Sanada activating SOSA was not growth, it was him revealing unrevealed strength. He could already activate SOSA before the match. Echizen became stronger than he was prior to the match, whereas Sanada merely got a little more serious. The same way Fuji showing Hakugei wasn't growth, but learning Hakuryu was.

I feel so stupid putting it like this but.....

Let's say Echizen was lv 6 at the beginning of the match.

And Sanada Lv. 9.

During the match Sanada was only playing at lv 7.

Echizen leveled up to 8 to fight that.

Then Sanada started playing at 9.

Sanada's total abilities didn't grow throughout the match, Echizen's did. That is the literature growth connotation.

It's clear to me though were we differed. Taken completely literally, yes characters grow. But the phrase 'character growth' is not so general. It is literary term that refers to the protagonists mental and physical journey that the entire story is about. That's what I meant when I said antagonists don't grow. They don't go through that journey during the story, because it isn't their story. Where many things often go awry in discussions, we simply had not agreed on a definition of terms beforehand.

Babii-Boo
February 24, 2007, 06:29 AM
As much as I like to see members discussing away with the newest chapters, please stay on topic ;)

kingsenol
February 24, 2007, 10:20 AM
Is there no new chapter this week?

Babii-Boo
February 24, 2007, 04:00 PM
Is there no new chapter this week?

Nope. Sadly there isn't. :(

John M.D.
February 24, 2007, 05:41 PM
Can you guys give me an overview of Prince of Tennis? I'm not sure if I'm gonna read it or what...

VolleyBalla
February 25, 2007, 12:12 PM
Almost everyone except for the most recent episodes can be found at

www.mangarun.com (http://www.mangarun.com)

for online viewing

Thanx ^^ I'll edit it up in the first post

PureSoulKyo
February 27, 2007, 01:14 PM
Wouldn't Atobe's newfound strength be "Growth" in Dansan1's terms, gaining "Koori no Sekai (World of Ice)" through hard work?
Or Kirihara activating the "State of Self-Actualization" in his match with Fuji, because he was going to lose?

Not to mention many times in Eyeshield 21...

Antagonists do have growth.
It entirely up to the Mangaka whether or not they'll allow them to grow.

timal9712
February 27, 2007, 05:59 PM
big big big chapter here
tezuka is a demon , opening the two doors as it was nothing...i only hope his stamina won't be dead soon
and for me i think that the ultimate state of self actualisation is different for each of them...
let me explain : for ryoma and his father it seems to be the state of samurai, but for someone like that clone of eichizen (don't remember the goddamned name)... i guess it will be a little more animal...

bax
February 28, 2007, 12:11 PM
Wouldn't Atobe's newfound strength be "Growth" in Dansan1's terms, gaining "Koori no Sekai (World of Ice)" through hard work?

I would like to think of it that way. Well, I guess, this started after he lost badly to Sanada. And although he won against Tezuka after that, but yet again, it is because Tezuka was injured badly.

Or Kirihara activating the "State of Self-Actualization" in his match with Fuji, because he was going to lose?

Well, Kirihara activated it in the same way Echizen activated his against Kirihara back before Seigaku vs Rikkai Dai. In my view, I don't think that Kirihara actually managed to control it like the others before his match against Fuji.

big big big chapter here
tezuka is a demon , opening the two doors as it was nothing...i only hope his stamina won't be dead soon

I don't know about that. You see, the two doors opened by Tezuka is completely different from Echizen's. Echizen's State of Self Actualization works by physically do what his brain remembered. So it does take a lot of stamina. While Chitose's and Tezuka's powers are giving them advantage to predict a lot ahead and this may save them the unnecessary moves to avoid loss of stamina.

bax
February 28, 2007, 01:14 PM
The latest chapter is out!!! After 2 weeks with no PoT!! Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15939.0).

After you downloaded it, continue to discuss it here ^^ And share your thoughts on this chapter.

Chitose is beaten 1-6 :o Tezuka showed his domination :o And wow!! :amuse Kintaro challenged Ryoma into a match :o Looks like the Twist Serve is not working on this wild genius.

Requiem
February 28, 2007, 01:18 PM
2 words : CHITOSE OWNED :tem

now let's see this Wild Vs Genius, I think that Echizen is going to lose (because is not an important match :p)

KuwabaraTheMan
February 28, 2007, 01:19 PM
That was...completely unexpected. Tezuka defeats Chitose with ease, and Seigaku wins.

Ryoma vs Kintarou is an unofficial, 1 point match, I think? I guess Prince of Tennis will definitely continue beyond the Nationals, so that Kintarou and Ryoma can meet for real one day.

The Finals might not be that far away now. Very interesting.

And a new OVA is confirmed to start in June.

Requiem
February 28, 2007, 01:21 PM
I think that is a 1 set match

KuwabaraTheMan
February 28, 2007, 01:31 PM
I think Ryoma says 1 point, or something. He isn't saying 'set', because that's written in Katakana, and there's a kanji used there.

bax
February 28, 2007, 01:37 PM
Anyhow.. I thought Chitose should be stronger than that :o

And Tezuka completely owns. Guess two doors are just too much for Chitose to handle after all. And I know Tezuka is strong, but I never thought he is that strong :o

cravenight
February 28, 2007, 01:38 PM
Kind of hoping that the match was a little longer so we could see inui actually do something. But still overall the series of matchs was pretty good.

bax
February 28, 2007, 01:47 PM
Ah yes.. I completely forgot about Inui. Actually I even forgot that match was a double match actually :sweat

But Inui must be happy to be able to gather data of Tezuka :amuse Although I doubt he can get the full data though.

Fayte
February 28, 2007, 02:19 PM
Rofl Echizen got owned.

gigantor21
February 28, 2007, 02:27 PM
Goddamn, Tezuka! You didn't have to fuck him up like THAT!

And in regards to Echizen, when was the last time the Twist Serve even worked? It seems like it's just a way to get the opponent to utilize one of their main skills, or show how good they are in general. That's how it's been since Ryoma vs. Kirihara (which is the earliest chapter I've read so far).

And I'm glad it hasn't followed the whole "win-loss" pattern I've kept hearing about. I wouldn't have accepted Tezuka losing after opening two doors at once.

KuwabaraTheMan
February 28, 2007, 02:44 PM
Well, he beat Atobe using the Twist Serve. Although Atobe wasn't really concious, so I'm not sure if you should count that or not.

ShinobiFFS
February 28, 2007, 02:46 PM
echizen got owned!
tooyama is a interesting character, not seeing him go all out makes me sad :(
just *bam* point, was hoping i could see him open one of the doors.

this is a 1 point match not 1 set match btw, so we wont see anymore kintaarou goodness. :(

gigantor21
February 28, 2007, 03:04 PM
Well, he beat Atobe using the Twist Serve. Although Atobe wasn't really concious, so I'm not sure if you should count that or not.

Ha ha--yeah, you really can't, can you?

echizen got owned!
tooyama is a interesting character, not seeing him go all out makes me sad :(
just *bam* point, was hoping i could see him open one of the doors.

this is a 1 point match not 1 set match btw, so we wont see anymore kintaarou goodness. :(

What the hell? Just one point!? That just sucks.

And I agree that the end of this match was way too abrupt. The author could've definitely stretched it out by one more chapter, and should've.

PureSoulKyo
February 28, 2007, 03:51 PM
Exactly, he activated it the SAME way the protagonist did against him.

In other words, just like the protagonist grew in their previous match, the Antagonist (Kirihara) grew in his match with Fuji.

Thus, in a Prince of Tennis manga forum, it's idiotic to say that antagonists do not grow, when there are obvious signs of growth in a lot of the opposing players.

kangster113
February 28, 2007, 07:02 PM
remember, chitose's left eye is injured so every ball tezuka hit on the right side of the court can't be properly returned. and tezuka opened 2 gates, and that's invincible.

I knew Ryoma and Kintaro's match was going to resume after the finals, cause chitose said kintaro is the closest one to the third muga door. So that means his stronger than yukimura. Ryoma has to defeat yukimura first in order to play with the strongest character in the nation.

Hyde
February 28, 2007, 08:21 PM
For me, it obviously means that Ryoma is gonna lose this time...

boppie
February 28, 2007, 09:09 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA! stronger than yukimura. no way, he may be the closest but that doesnt mean he is the strongest in the nation yet. and also during the match chitose changed his mind and thought tezuka was the closest to the last door. i think wat will happen is that echizen goes to his dad or something XD

sialje
March 01, 2007, 01:48 AM
naaaa..i think kabaji was the closest one because he was kakashi's PoT..hehe

ShinobiFFS
March 01, 2007, 03:32 AM
remember, chitose's left eye is injured so every ball tezuka hit on the right side of the court can't be properly returned. and tezuka opened 2 gates, and that's invincible.

I knew Ryoma and Kintaro's match was going to resume after the finals, cause chitose said kintaro is the closest one to the third muga door. So that means his stronger than yukimura. Ryoma has to defeat yukimura first in order to play with the strongest character in the nation.

chitose said that tezuka was even closer after that match.
i personally think tezuka =/= yukimura.

aznskman
March 01, 2007, 03:46 AM
dude. kin chan's jump to return the twist was crazy!!! and horio's cousin popped out of nowhere and they're both begging ryoma to have a match. haha everyone agrees with me on that hopefully. can kintaro already use muga like ryoma, the basic stage? and those two are like polar opposites. i'm really interested in what will happen in this match of the cool genius vs. wild genius.

also, i think the result will be like another sanada incident where he plays for a while but gets dominated and maybe will train for a rematch.

either that, or it'll be the most intense matchup we'll have seen in the series so far.

bax
March 01, 2007, 03:53 AM
chitose said that tezuka was even closer after that match.
i personally think tezuka =/= yukimura.

Well, it would be too early to judge Yukimura. We haven't saw him playing even once in the manga. But all we know is, he is stronger than Sanada, thus a captain of Rikkai Dai.

Izaon
March 01, 2007, 05:52 AM
prediction:
Sanada beats Tezuka in finals.

Wolfsbane68
March 01, 2007, 06:34 AM
also, i think the result will be like another sanada incident where he plays for a while but gets dominated and maybe will train for a rematch.

Echizen's initial loss to Sanada only happened in anime. No rematch necessary.

boberto
March 01, 2007, 08:42 AM
I think Konomi's rushing it, no? The ending's just too abrupt for me. I thought Chitose will stage a come back or something because I really thought Echizen and Kin-chan's match will happen. Anyway, I guess we have to wait for that. At least, the final's here at last! And we have hopes that PoT won't end after that because Ryoma and Kin-chan just have to face each other.

And a new OVA with the first volume featuring Fuji and Shiraishi's match!

kanjiruka
March 01, 2007, 12:53 PM
I was kind of expecting some minor comeback from Chitose as well. But I was still guessing that Tezuka would win, in order to postpone Kintarou and Echizen's ultimate match until the end of the manga. Poor Chistose! At least he can still mock Tezzie.

kangster113
March 01, 2007, 06:10 PM
yea i agree, ryoma is going to lose this one ball match. anyway

i think tezuka will beat sanada, because shitenhouji seems much stronger than this years rikkai.

and i think konomi messed up by adding kintaro to POT, i mean seriously yukimura should be the strongest character, not kintaro..! damn it!!! Yukimura is suppose to be echizen's ultimate goal not kintaro.
My prediction

Fuji vs. Sanada- winner= not a clue
Tezuka vs. Kiriharaa- winner= Tezuka
Echizen vs. Yukimura- winner= echizen or maybe Rikkai couldn't beat the foreigners????

Requiem
March 01, 2007, 06:34 PM
finally is Rikkai's time to shine

Fayte
March 01, 2007, 11:18 PM
Its actually uncertain who is better between Sanada and Yukimura. Just because Yukimura is captain, doesn't mean he has to be better. They could be the same skill level, just Yukimura is better at being a leader.

And yes, finally Rikkaidai's time to shine. I want to see the improvement on Sanada <3

dandy65
March 02, 2007, 05:56 AM
WAIT UP.

Who ever said Rikkai will win the next round?

Remember the page that talked about the new foreign exchange students against Rikkai? Why would the writer show that to the readers for fun? Obviously they are going to lose...But if they win, then I can say that page was redundant...

Izaon
March 02, 2007, 07:28 AM
^to show there will be a challenge.
IT just gives more excitement and suspense.. whether they win or lose, it's not redundant.
Though i do think rikkaidai will win

ALKHHKLA
March 02, 2007, 05:24 PM
I reckon it would be stupid if Rikkai were to lose to the foreigners. Especially hyping up the Captain, Yukimura

Fuji
March 02, 2007, 06:52 PM
If Rikkaidai loses to those exchange students, then they will have to be crushed.

I think Kangster got the order for the singles matches right. Singles 3 is going to be Fuji and Sanada. Singles 2 will be Tezuka and Kirihara. I think Tezuka will face Kirihara because when Kirihara and Echizen played, right before he activated Muga, and right after he switched to his left hand, Jackal said that Kirihara had a special shot to deal with lefties. Which of course leaves Echizen to play Singles 1 against Yukimura.

I think Yukimura is stronger than Sanada for a couple of reasons. Yes, he is the captain, but it was the trio of death with Yukimura, Sanada, and Yanagi that won the nationals 2 years straight. Secondly, in the match between Sanada and Atobe, Yukimura was extremely confident and had already pinpointed how strong Atobe was. Even though Sanada recognized what Atobe was doing, he still wanted to keep playing and try to win.

aznskman
March 03, 2007, 12:05 AM
Echizen's initial loss to Sanada only happened in anime. No rematch necessary.

ooooooooooooo yea. i totally forgot about that. thanks for reminding me. The next few chapters will still be good after ending with that flip though

kangster113
March 03, 2007, 09:47 PM
yukimura doesn't even play the foreigners, so i don't know if rikkai can win

angelshirahime
March 05, 2007, 12:18 AM
I started Pot online on www.mangavolume.com, and I started checking EVERYWHERE fot Chapters 106-114. I can't seem to find those particular chapters; they all mysteriously DON'T HAVE THOSE CHAPTERS!!! >_< If any of you know anything, I would like to know where you would find those chapters! It would be very much appreciated!

kadodo
March 05, 2007, 12:43 AM
I'm not sure but try this link
http://85.147.233.98/

or instant manga.com

If not you will have to go to stoptazmo.com to dowload

taniquetil
March 08, 2007, 06:14 PM
I think that Konomi made way too big a deal about Yukimura and his surgery to not put him into the manga. For sure he's as good as Sanada, but it's always hinted at that he's a lot better.

His analytical skills are also amazing since he figured out World of Ice after seeing it once. And he can activate SOSA for sure.

Plus Sanada seems to worship the dude and Sanada doesn't respect anyone else, so Yukimura is the best. And before the Rikkai vs. Seigaku match Sanada said 'we will win the Kantou Regionals even without you'.

boberto
March 10, 2007, 01:15 AM
Is there no Prince of Tennis this week? Sorry. I just don't know where to post this question.

ALKHHKLA
March 10, 2007, 01:27 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing boberto. POT where are u???

bax
March 10, 2007, 09:06 AM
The chapter 337 is out. Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=16636.0).

After you downloaded it, continue to discuss it here ^^ And share your thoughts on this chapter.

The battle between the two geniuses is heating up. Ryoma is forced to use his State of Self Actualization so early. Even his Drive B is not having an effect to the wild genius. Or is it?

Fayte
March 10, 2007, 10:31 AM
I am just extremely curious as to what that last page says.

Requiem
March 10, 2007, 10:52 AM
Echizen's already in Muga, and Kintaro is keeping with him without it, but Kintaro's play-style is really weird :s

KuwabaraTheMan
March 10, 2007, 11:25 AM
Really action packed chapter. Although I want to read what is being said in it, because it looked like there was some important dialogue.

TEK
March 10, 2007, 12:41 PM
I have a feeling that at the end, Echizen has used his Muga to turn into Kintaro's playing style just based on the way his expression looked on that last page. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped through one of the doors either.

Hyde
March 10, 2007, 12:46 PM
Those two are just ... monsters oO

Fuji
March 10, 2007, 01:35 PM
Kintaro is insane. He has way too much energy, it seems that echizen on the attack but once Kintaro goes Muga, I think echizen will have to step through a door to win the point.

Vaglar
March 10, 2007, 03:19 PM
Near the end, people say that Kintaro is incredible because of his weird playstyle that allows him to be on par with Echizen. Kikumaru says that Echizen has to put an end to this match as fast as possible because Muga uses up his stamina very fast.
Kintarou's team describe his strong points, like his natural body (spontaneous?), his unlimited stamina and his wild side. In other words, he's the strongest of his team.
Last page, Ryouma thought: I want to defeat that guy!

kangster113
March 10, 2007, 04:47 PM
omg, echizen used kamikakushi, and abare dama, the 2 top tricks and kintaro returned it without any difficulty. Darn, echizen can't beat him at this point.

bax
March 10, 2007, 06:04 PM
Well, judging from the scene I guess. This maybe the chance to make Ryoma lost, since win or loss doesn't affect anything on Seigaku. I see a lot of promise if Ryoma lost this time. Perhaps to add the drama in the final.

Somewhat like Ryoma is losing focus and feel very unmotivated because he kept thinking of the lost.

boberto
March 10, 2007, 07:15 PM
Awesome chapter. This is quite refreshing because it's been almost a year since we last saw Ryoma in the State of Self Actualization.

Sai_the_Shaman
March 11, 2007, 02:20 PM
This match is probably going to be the longest single point decision ever. Definitely going to be the longest single point if you compare it to the real world of tennis. I have a feeling that both Ryoma and Kintarou are going to bring the best out of each other. Maybe, Ryoma might open up a door or two and then it will force Kintarou to learn Muga and then Ryoma will then have to find his way to the third door to beat Kintarou. That would set up well for the finals match, which I doubt will be against anyone other than Rikkaidai. Also, I think if Ryoma does open up Ten'imuhou in this match it might give some actual validity to him being placed against a fully healed Yukimura, who has been hinted to as being the strongest player in Rikkaidai and thus strongest player in the series (or at least as great as Tezuka). I think the next chapter will be about Ryoma being pushed into a corner and being forced to open a door on the last panel.

NyXpun
March 11, 2007, 02:50 PM
shouldnt kintarou already know muga i remember in one of the previous chapters chitose was talking with tezuka about kintarou being the closest to the pinnicle of perfection

Sai_the_Shaman
March 11, 2007, 02:54 PM
I think he meant in terms of skill. Afterall, we have never seen Tezuka is just the natural state of Muga, instead it seems like Tezuka opened the door to Hyakuren Jitoku without ever having entered the Muga no Kyouchi we are so familiar with Ryoma doing.

HikaruYami
March 11, 2007, 05:32 PM
No, it has been confirmed by someone on Seigaku (forgot who, but I know it was a 3rd year and it wasn't Oishi or Fuji) that Tezuka has freely used Muga no Kyouchi (at which point they named everyone who could freely do this, including Yukimura and Sanada, which made me surprised that Sanada hadn't used it on Echizen), even with his injury. However, it was also stated by Oishi that Tezuka had a prototype of the pinnacle of hard work before the injury, so it's very likely that he had his prototype before learning to freely use Muga, and that learning how to control Muga during the time he was injured was what let him have a perfected Pinnacle of Hard Work after he finished rehabilitation. That's just my assumption, though.

And also, didn't Echizen use Muga on Atobe? It doesn't feel like a year since then, boberto.... /swt

And since I was recently reminded that Echizen only lost to Sanada in the anime, I want this to be the first real match (even if it's only one point, they're being really serious about it) he loses, so he can have his first real rematch with someone (after the finals, of course).

And lastly, I have really mixed feelings about Rikkaidai, because I want to see how awesome Yukimura is, but I also want some new team that no one cares about to kick their asses and challenge Seigaku to become the new champions. It'll probably be Rikkaidai though, because of Yukimura's operation AND the fact that we apparently haven't seen Sanada's real power.

Sai_the_Shaman
March 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
No, it has been confirmed by someone on Seigaku (forgot who, but I know it was a 3rd year and it wasn't Oishi or Fuji) that Tezuka has freely used Muga no Kyouchi (at which point they named everyone who could freely do this, including Yukimura and Sanada, which made me surprised that Sanada hadn't used it on Echizen), even with his injury. However, it was also stated by Oishi that Tezuka had a prototype of the pinnacle of hard work before the injury, so it's very likely that he had his prototype before learning to freely use Muga, and that learning how to control Muga during the time he was injured was what let him have a perfected Pinnacle of Hard Work after he finished rehabilitation. That's just my assumption, though.

And also, didn't Echizen use Muga on Atobe? It doesn't feel like a year since then, boberto.... /swt

And since I was recently reminded that Echizen only lost to Sanada in the anime, I want this to be the first real match (even if it's only one point, they're being really serious about it) he loses, so he can have his first real rematch with someone (after the finals, of course).

And lastly, I have really mixed feelings about Rikkaidai, because I want to see how awesome Yukimura is, but I also want some new team that no one cares about to kick their asses and challenge Seigaku to become the new champions. It'll probably be Rikkaidai though, because of Yukimura's operation AND the fact that we apparently haven't seen Sanada's real power.

I don't remember anything about someone in Seigaku confirming the free use of Muga no Kyouchi and Oishi only confirmed that Tezuka has used Hyakuren Jitoku in the Nationals Chapter OVA, but in the manga it was Sanada, Yukimura and Yanagi who confirmed it and they even said that they were surprised that Tezuka's own team didn't know that Hyakuren Jitoku was Tezuka's true form.

Also, Sanada did use Muga no Kyouchi against Ryoma in the very end. He originally decided that Ryoma wasn't strong enough for him to have to use Muga no Kyouchi and decided to only use Fuu and Ka of his FuuRinKaZan (he originally decided only Fuu would be necessary, but Ryoma over came it and so he used Ka too) on him. In the last game of the Set (I think it was the last game), Sanada activated Muga no Kyouchi, but not in time to save the match because Ryoma perfected COOL Drive at that time and Sanada could not counter it. Hence why Ryoma won.

bax
March 15, 2007, 04:21 AM
The chapter of Prince of Tennis 338 is out. Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10267).

After that, go on :amuse Discuss the latest chapter here ^^ What do you think of this chapter? Give us your thoughts or maybe predictions on what is coming next ^^

PS: I'll provide a quick summary after this

Requiem
March 15, 2007, 04:56 AM
OMG, Rikkai is already losing 2 match :(

Kirihara full-Devil mode is very horrible, but with his victory che score is at 2-1 for the foreigners

Doubles1 is Niou/Yanagi, so whi will be Singles1 ? Sanada or (I hope) Yukimura ?

Roppan
March 15, 2007, 06:34 AM
Woho! i finally decieded to register!

I love the way kirihara beats him, serves him right <3 :D

I wanna see Yukimura, but hey sanada not playing, c

melie
March 15, 2007, 09:44 AM
FINALLY! Too bad we couldn't see the 2 other matches though. I hope Singles 1 is Yukimura, well they have to win Doubles 1 first but still, he's got to play some day right? Unless Konomi Takeshi is saving him up for the finals >.>

halc0n
March 15, 2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks For The Raw!!!

Kirihara Rulz!!! Go Ryoma Go!!!

Sai_the_Shaman
March 15, 2007, 04:23 PM
I enjoyed this chapter, but it made me go hmmm.. "Why isn't Akaya going all Muga no Kyouchi on them?" That striked me as odd that he wasn't in that mode to take them on. Maybe he can't enter Muga no Kyouchi at will liek all the others. instead he now has his upgraded Danger (Red) Ryes mode... The Devil Mode. hahah I wonder how Konomi is going to explain why his hair turns white lol. I think Nagoya is going to be seriously destroyed in Doubles 1 and Singles one.

Pheonixfyre
March 15, 2007, 09:31 PM
What does that last word "Puri" mean?

HikaruYami
March 15, 2007, 09:38 PM
since the manga is often shortened to TeniPuri by the japanese, for "Tennis Prince", I'm going to say it was that guy calling him the prince. Either that or it was a wierd way to end a sentence. The japanese do that sometimes, de gozaru.

And *sigh* I was wondering (i've even made a post about it somewhere) whether I'd like to see the fully-pumped Rikkai vs. Seigaku and Yukimura vs. Tezuka or if I'd like to see Rikkaidai lose and some new, unknown team win and then lose to Seigaku. I was pretty sure, based on the previous behavior of the mangaka (like the first tournament) and general shounen that something like this would happen. /predicted_gloat

but I still want to see Yukimura play. They better get to Singles 1. (unless he's in double 1)

Sai_the_Shaman
March 15, 2007, 11:24 PM
since the manga is often shortened to TeniPuri by the japanese, for "Tennis Prince", I'm going to say it was that guy calling him the prince. Either that or it was a wierd way to end a sentence. The japanese do that sometimes, de gozaru.

And *sigh* I was wondering (i've even made a post about it somewhere) whether I'd like to see the fully-pumped Rikkai vs. Seigaku and Yukimura vs. Tezuka or if I'd like to see Rikkaidai lose and some new, unknown team win and then lose to Seigaku. I was pretty sure, based on the previous behavior of the mangaka (like the first tournament) and general shounen that something like this would happen. /predicted_gloat

but I still want to see Yukimura play. They better get to Singles 1. (unless he's in double 1)

Doubles 1 is going to be Yanagi and Niou and Single one will either be Sanada or Yukimura. I can't imagine that if it gets to Singles 1 and Yukimura plays that he'll lose since he's been so hyped to be an awesome player.

ALKHHKLA
March 16, 2007, 12:31 AM
Go RikkaiDai. It is rather annoying that only one of Sanada/Yukimura can play. Imagine them in doubles together. They would be unstoppable.

ricefield
March 16, 2007, 12:49 AM
i must say, i think this latest chapter was really bad.
i mean, tezuka's zero-shiki serve and achieving pinnacle of great wisdom was pretty absurd but hey, what the hell is this. konomi decides to introduce a bunch of super-strong foreigners with no backgrounds.... and then akaya gets to beat a guy, coming back from 0-5 in what.. TWO PAGES?!

stupid. and anyone else think that devil mode akaya=sasuke curse seal lvl2?!

and we never get to see the euro guy's reaction to a sudden loss. srsly. akaya = worst char development ever.

oh yeah. why the fuck does rikkai not play both yukimura and sanada? pathetic. but yanagi is pretty cool, esp with his bad english. lolz. "you say... right?"

predictions anyone? (now that im done with this rant. grrrr): i think rikkai will get a close win and face seigaku in the natls, and then seigaku will win (obviously). but i also think that the series wont end there. the anime had a jr. senbatsu intl competition thing, and i think thats where the nagoya guys will be reintroduced, and then all the nationally ranked players (yukimura, tezuka, sanda, shiraishi, fuji, tachibana, chitose, ryoma, etc etc.) will be able to play some intl jr. high tourney. thatd be interesting.

vec7ors
March 16, 2007, 04:57 AM
How many doors are there?

Donkey Show
March 16, 2007, 06:17 AM
tbh, I hope Nagoya wins. It's been rather disappointing to see the way things turned out, although devil kirihara is pretty funny.

boberto
March 16, 2007, 08:30 AM
Go Rikkai. It looks like they're not gonna lose after all.

cravenight
March 16, 2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah, its not likely that they are going to lose, but i kind of wished that we see the other team, since we seen them play already.

Fuji
March 16, 2007, 11:28 AM
Go Renji! Way to turn the tide!! If Akaya could win his match, Renji will win his and I am sure that Yukimura will play in singles one. If it's 2-2, there is no way Yukimura lets Sanada play in singles one, no freaking way.

Sai_the_Shaman
March 16, 2007, 11:32 AM
I wonder if we'll actually see the rest of Rikkai's match....honestly, I don't think Rikkai will lose (though I mainly think this because I want to see the Golden Pair take on Doubles one and win this time). I want to see the rest of Ryoma vs Kintarou. They have an insane match going on and I want to see if my theory is right and Ryoma ends up opening Ten'imuhou no Kiwami to beat Kintarou.

Oh, I have an interesting theory for the finals if Rikkai does win. We have Akaya vs Tezuka. Akaya is basically a devil and Tezuka is like the God of tennis. So then we will have a match of God vs The Devil. This also opens it up for Fuji to take on Sanada and see who has a better move set. Fuji's "newly upgraded" Triple Counters, with the 4th and Final Counters, or Sanada's FuuRinKaZan + anything he might also have. Thats a match I've wanted to see for a while lol. And, if Ryoma does indeed open Ten'imuhou then we have a valid reason for him vs Yukimura. Only set up left would be Golden Pair in Double one against Doubles 1, who should be like Marui and Niou since they have interesting styles. Doubles 2 shoudl then be Inui and Kaidou vs Yanagi and Yagyuu (Inui vs Yanagi and Kaidou vs Yagyuu lol).

OrangeV
March 18, 2007, 01:11 AM
I was disappointed =( really wanted to see a full ch about Kin & Ryoma, but then we go to Akaya for another let down, i don't like the fact that he always needs to change or "cheat" in order to beat someone powerful =/ hehe i hope Yukimura or Sanada say something to him also Sai_the_Shaman i think that if Rikkai goes to finals it will be a Tezuka/Yukimura - Ryoma/Akaya - Fuji/Sanada.

Sai_the_Shaman
March 18, 2007, 01:42 AM
I do think that Tezuka/Yukimura will be a great match, but with how things have been recently in the last few matches, It seems that Konomi wants to make it Ryoma against the hardest foes. He was set to face Atobe in the Hyoutei match and he was set to face Kintarou (though didn't have an official chance), who is considered the best player in Shitenhouji. Also, Ryoma has already beaten Akaya, and Sanada and, in past experiences, Konomi doesn't seem to do pure rematches with the same exact players as before (though I am only basing this on the Hyoutei rematch, since it was the only one.). Plus, if my theory does hold and Ryoma does master Ten'imuhou, it would make sense form him to beat the best player with it. So thats why I think it will be Ryoma vs Yukimura rather then Tezuka vs Yukimura

Roppan
March 18, 2007, 02:42 AM
Hmm hmm my thoughts about the finals.. and rikkaidai matches..
Yanagi/Niou will win of course.. and then it shound be sanada playinge, but then Yukimura tells him to sit down and he will play and crush that stupid forregin player with 6-0 or something like that :D

Well that&#180;s what i hope for anyways, and Yukimura propably needs to play a match to get back in the game from being absent for so long time, and then face Ryoma in the finals :P

But then again Sanada will propably play and win..

Can&#180;t wait for the next chapter.. hopefully we will see who wins between Ryoma and Kintaro..

Babii-Boo
March 18, 2007, 09:43 AM
What does that last word "Puri" mean?

Hm... I remember reading it somewhere - I think it's a chuckle... *puri*

Anyway, it was cool how Kirihara came back and win the match after losing 0-5. There was blood everywhere =S Though I did find it funny how Kirihara said "I'll dye you red too!" XD LOL. Unfortunately we don't get to see that. Wonder why Kirihara didn't use his SOSA, maybe he hasn't completely controlled it yet?

I wonder if Niou and Renji will switch idenities like Yagyuu and Niou did last time. GO RIKKAI! Beat the hell out of them foreign kids! xD

Sai_the_Shaman
March 18, 2007, 07:59 PM
How many doors are there?

There are 3 doors.

Hyakuren Jitoku no Kiwami (Pinnacle of Hard Labor) - Tezuka opened this door

Saikinpatsu no Kiwami (Pinnacle of Great Wisdom) - First opened by Chitose.
Tezuka recently opened it as well

Ten'imuhou no Kiwami (Pinnacle of Perfection) - Last person known to open it was Echizen Nanjirou. Currently, Chitose thinks Tezuka is the closest to it, followed by Kintarou and then probably Ryoma.

shahrizal85
March 18, 2007, 10:12 PM
But seeing Kirihara playing single 2 means either Sanada or Yukimura would play single while another play double or Yukimura will just be sitting and watch. If Yukimura is just watching aside, that would be a real dissapointment. I have longed been wanting to see Yukimura's true strength.

Anyway, the ochibi Ryoma's match is getting hotter and hotter. Its worth to watch although it is just a ball to decide the winner.

vlix
March 19, 2007, 09:47 PM
The chapter 337 is out. Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=16636.0).

The battle between the two geniuses is heating up. Ryoma is forced to use his State of Self Actualization so early. Even his Drive B is not having an effect to the wild genius. Or is it?

I can not open the link.

Will somebody help me?

please give me the link to the english translation.

thx

Sai_the_Shaman
March 20, 2007, 12:05 AM
I don't have the link to the actual chapter anymore, but here is the translation I did for the chapter

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9999

KuwabaraTheMan
March 20, 2007, 12:47 AM
Wow, what a chapter. Kirihira really opened up a can of whoopass on his opponent, and his Devil Mode was really something fearsome indeed.

Hopefully we see the remaining two matches of Rikkaidai vs Nagoya. I'm also really excited to see Kirihara's Devil Mode in full action during the finals, now.

boberto
March 20, 2007, 06:31 AM
Yeah, hopefully Konomi shows us the next two matches. I still don't want PoT to end so he must prolong it!

cherryenchanted
March 20, 2007, 12:25 PM
Another bloody match after Kawamura...but anyway, Kirihara has able to take revenge & score...is just somewhat a little frightening that Kirihara is in his Devil mode, red eyes...

yaeltao
March 20, 2007, 03:24 PM
does someone know where i can find 238?

cloudstriferk
March 21, 2007, 03:56 AM
I can't download it too... Did the thread got removed... can someone please upload it... Pretty please i so wanna read 337... Thanks in advance!!!!

n8starr
March 21, 2007, 10:37 AM
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9955

here you all go! I went into Downloads and Releases -> Old R/T/S threads and had to reorganize the threads by Last Post with the arrow pointing down, that way the newer posts would show and the older ones wont. Seems to be a default, a mod/admin should change that if they can...

gigantor21
March 21, 2007, 08:51 PM
Random question; does anyone esle think that Akaya hit Krauser clean in the nuts on page 12? That can't be much fun...

And yeah, having the match condensed into less than one chapter was completely fucking stupid. I would've rather seen more of Tooyama vs. Ryoma, then just skipped the first three matches--or maybe cover Akaya's match from the beginning so we could see how he actually plays, in next week's chapter.

I honestly don't get why the author did it like this, and I don't like feeling that I could've done a better job of pacing the story when I've never made one before.

trioholic125
March 23, 2007, 03:37 AM
Thanks a lot!

kokusaikone
March 23, 2007, 02:13 PM
Kirihara in the devil mode is a sight to behold, but I feel short changed because I was not expecting the Krauser to simply stand back. Oh well, Rikkadai is given a new lease on life. Much as I too would like to see Yukimura play, I have a feeling that it would still be Sanada and Konomi will reserve Yukimura to the final match.

jirouakutagawa
March 23, 2007, 04:06 PM
Hi!!! im a newbie here... can anyone please help me where to find chapter 339 and onwards of the prince of tennis in english version not in japanese coz i cant read nihonggo and cant understand as well??? im kinda excited to read it....please please. thanks in advance..

magictos
March 23, 2007, 07:43 PM
the raw is not even out yet.. -_-, i dunno if it's published yet, but 338 is the latest one so far.. so be patient

shahrizal85
March 23, 2007, 10:56 PM
Kirihara blinded Klauser with his own blood. Then Kirihara smashed him as hard as he could to wound him. That's pretty dirty, I would say. Kirihara should have developed a better technique rather than just hurting his opponents to grab victory.

Uozumi
March 23, 2007, 11:10 PM
The latest chapter for Prince of Tennis is chapter 338, lovely. ^_^ It came out on Thursday here.

kingsenol
March 24, 2007, 07:13 AM
So no chapter this week?

Fayte
March 24, 2007, 12:28 PM
I hope not. He is most likely just late this week.

Pegazius
March 24, 2007, 07:59 PM
hi, i was wondering if you could re upload the link? cuz it seems i cant click on the download. Thanks

ALKHHKLA
March 25, 2007, 08:01 AM
Pot where are u?

TEK
March 26, 2007, 12:25 PM
I'm seriously beginning to think there was no PoT last week. If I'm wrong, which I hope I am, then I wouldn't mind getting the PoT chapter now. I mean, it's better late than never. =)

Sai_the_Shaman
March 26, 2007, 04:23 PM
there wasn't any TeniPuri last week according to the table of contents in the back of last weeks jump

hatsuharupeace
March 28, 2007, 04:31 AM
ahhh! no pot last week! that means that this week is gonna be huge, especially with everyone waiting for pot to be released.

Fayte
March 28, 2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah I was waiting everyday for a week, for 1 chapter >_>

Little did I know, no chapter was coming out last week.

Requiem
March 28, 2007, 10:37 PM
I hope that is a double chapter this week -_-

Sai_the_Shaman
March 29, 2007, 01:29 AM
lol in the history of Jump that I can think of all "double chapters" have been the same length as a regular chapter. They just call it a double chapter because Jump skips certain weeks with holidays (mainly Golden Week).