PDA

View Full Version : Shounen The Prince of Tennis by Konomi Takeshi

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Atobe the king
July 03, 2007, 03:35 PM
hey i was wondering where you got this, and if you know where i can get twelve, thx

This guy on youtube said he found the script and "subbed" it himself, i wanted it on my psp and he was the only one with the sub so i pmed him on youube and he sent me the link, however he said he cant find the script fot ova 12:(

Crayola
July 03, 2007, 03:41 PM
oohhh, taht sucks, guess i have to wait for saizen to do it.

Otaku-Kun
July 03, 2007, 04:27 PM
I know that but i want to know when the next chapter is out in other words how long i have to wait for chapter 350 etc.

ALKHHKLA
July 03, 2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the trans, been waiting for it for days.

Wolfsbane68
July 04, 2007, 03:28 AM
If Tezuka loses, that would mean the 3rd opening single match that Seigaku loses in a row, kinda hard to believe TK would be *that* unimaginative.

whatsntomake
July 04, 2007, 03:46 AM
They lost on purpose just to show how deadly Rikidai is and its also like how Seiguku won some of their matches ... a bare 3-2 (even though Rikidai supposedly planned this). Doubles is going to be really interesting, actually all these matches will be good ;).

Sai_the_Shaman
July 05, 2007, 01:10 AM
The Raw is finally out!!!! Get it here

Let's go one and discuss the chapter...things are getting more and more interesting!!!

excelsior
July 05, 2007, 04:09 AM
Meh.

Prince of Tennis is one of the (many) cases where I think the manga is better than the anime. But in the instance of PoT, this superiority is extremely pronounced. The anime simply doesn't look as exciting as the manga. A tennis ball moving around, even if you add some yellow streaks or crazy light effects, simply does not look as cool as the shots that the manga portrays so dramatically.

Take hakuryuu, for instance--it should look waaaay more awesome than it does here in the OVA.

Also, the Fuji/Shiraishi match was just so ridiculously INTENSE in the manga! I didn't get that feeling at all from the animated version.

Now, I still like it, as far as that goes. I just think that the manga handles the series much better overall.

TEK
July 05, 2007, 07:18 AM
Sweet. I was beginning to think we might've gotten ch351 before this. haha. Thanks Sai for the RAW!!!

Atobe the king
July 05, 2007, 07:47 AM
Sweet. I was beginning to think we might've gotten ch351 before this. haha. Thanks Sai for the RAW!!!

I thought there was a raw already

Atobe the king
July 05, 2007, 07:49 AM
Yeah but PoT is a great anime sries, i just dont like how it strays from the manga

the sanada and echizen match did not even follow the manga

Ryomapp
July 05, 2007, 08:38 AM
One line i am having trouble with is when shiraishi said "ji endo yatta yuta yaro(u)!". I think he says "I said it's the end no matter what you do!" or "I said it's the end for this guy/you(fuji)! Maybe someone can help me with this? Since i dont have the manga to verify, doesn't yarou mean this guy(bastard) and yaro the command form to yaru-to try? It is sort of hard to distinguish between the two in this case. Can someone help clarify this?
Maybe someone has already answered this. The 'yaro' in this sentence is Osaka-ben (Osaka dialect). It simply means the same as 'daro' (like, "isn't is?") Direct translation must be like, "I said, it's 'the-end'" So, you first translation was right.

FuuRinKaInZan
July 05, 2007, 10:14 AM
Thx for the clarification Ryomapp, it was helpful. I am just starting to learn about the different dialects in japan so this kansai-ben is all so new to me. I am used to tokyo-ben that some of the other characters speak.

Fayte
July 05, 2007, 01:43 PM
I came to a conclusion as to what mountain is. It is a cord-ball that lands right in front of the net.

mq1986
July 05, 2007, 06:27 PM
How did you come to that conclusion?

Plus, if Mountain is a cord ball that lands right in front of the net, how is that any more dangerous than say, Tezuka's Zero-Shiki or Marui's Tightrope Walking?

Furthermore, how would Atobe have lost to it?

FuuRinKaInZan
July 05, 2007, 07:54 PM
In my opinion, mountain is probably a shot that nullifies all spin and on the ball like fuji's kagerou zutsumi. It would probably cancel out the effects of the ball too. In this way, he can beat the new tezuka zone as well. A ball with no spin travels slowly so it can be used as an effective drop shot as well. I came up with this when I looked at the phrase "Immovable like mountain." When something hits a mountain only the objects that hits it gets damaged and the mountain stays in place. Well no matter what it is, we will see it soon anyway lol.

Fayte
July 05, 2007, 09:34 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/300/03/

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/300/04/

Watch closely at the position of Sanada before he does Mountain. He is going to hit a backhand, and since the racquet is high, it is most likely a defensive slice. Then notice the location of the ball on the next page. It is at the net on Atobe's side.

It must be a cord-ball or a drop shot.

Grandsummoner
July 05, 2007, 10:21 PM
I hadn't even thought about the mountain aspect of it. That's a really good deduction, I think.

I must admit, my mind is reeling. Do you guys think Tezuka will completely destroy his arm useless of tennis?

gigantor21
July 05, 2007, 11:36 PM
Well, I saw it a few days ago, so here are my thoughts (because you do need to know).

I thought both episodes felt rushed, overall, but it was especially bad in the Fudomine-Osaka match. They had a great opportunity to make Fudomine's last match memorable, and they opted to burn through the whole thing instead. I figured that they needed at least five more minutes to cover everything well.

Beyond that, I found the artwork rather clunky in the Fudomine match, which only augmented the feeling that they wanted it out of the fucking way. Which is ironic, since the Semis quickly go downhill after the Fuji-Shiraishi match.

MexicanHatPopCornCharlie
July 06, 2007, 05:40 PM
Yes, it saids in the manga that if he continues, he will be unable to play tennis :(

Sai_the_Shaman
July 06, 2007, 06:11 PM
Just a quick note to you all...Kylara has infromed me that there is no 351 this week. Sorry for the bad news.

ALKHHKLA
July 06, 2007, 07:39 PM
But if mountain is able to defeat the new tezuka zone, why hasn't Sanada used it yet? What is he waiting for?

TEK
July 06, 2007, 07:56 PM
He hasn't used it because right now, Konomi wants to showcase Tezuka's determination to come back at any cost, even his own arm. In the same way, Tezuka hadn't used his Zero-Shiki serve until just now in order for the manga to showcase Sanada's power in the beginning.

trikelandie
July 06, 2007, 09:53 PM
I just want to ask everyone... who do you think is going to win?? It looks like a tough battle and I don't have a clue what the result will be...

What does everyone think??

Tezuka or Sanada??

herosol
July 07, 2007, 02:06 AM
i think this has gone way to far.

why the hell is Sanada so good. I don't friggin get it.
Yes i know, the protagonist has to improve, i understand

but this is too much. Tezuka shouldn't have to be risking his entire tennis career against freaking Sanada. This is stupid.

Making Sanada Overpowered. He's not that good. He can't go from an invisible swing and serve to a freaking shot you can't see, and has like 1000x power as before.

there hasnt been that much time before the nationals.

stupid.

Atobe the king
July 07, 2007, 08:40 AM

but this is too much. Tezuka shouldn't have to be risking his entire tennis career against freaking Sanada. This is stupid.

Making Sanada Overpowered. He's not that good. He can't go from an invisible swing and serve to a freaking shot you can't see, and has like 1000x power as before.

stupid.

I understand where your coming from but theres a few problems

invisible serve and swing are anime techniques, dont let the anim cause the anime to underestimate sanada, hes really good

also, you can't complain about sanadas new techniques

for example when did hametsu e no rondo and jacknife for keigo become world of ice and the invincible tannhauser in such a short amount of time

passworder
July 07, 2007, 08:59 AM
Will POT 351 not come out this week or is it just late?

Sai_the_Shaman
July 07, 2007, 11:36 AM
Will POT 351 not come out this week or is it just late?

there is no 351 this week, sorry

Fayte
July 07, 2007, 03:29 PM

stupid.

Bad idea saying that on these forums.

First of all, Sanada was the strongest tennis player in the Kantou Tournament. If EVERYBODY improved since Kantou, Sanada would STILL be the strongest. Sanada IS that good. I suggest you stop reading the corrupted anime, and read the manga. "Invisible swing" is a made up technique. His true techniques in kantou were "FuuRinKaInZanRai". If he had wanted to, he could have broken Echizen immediately. However he was saving his 2 best techniques for Tezuka. Don't underestimate Sanada, and stop overestimating Tezuka. Sanada has the title "Emperor" for a reason. Konomi wants to make it clear that Sanada is meant to be feared.

Atobe the king
July 07, 2007, 04:53 PM
Bad idea saying that on these forums.

First of all, Sanada was the strongest tennis player in the Kantou Tournament. If EVERYBODY improved since Kantou, Sanada would STILL be the strongest. Sanada IS that good. I suggest you stop reading the corrupted anime, and read the manga. "Invisible swing" is a made up technique. His true techniques in kantou were "FuuRinKaInZanRai". If he had wanted to, he could have broken Echizen immediately. However he was saving his 2 best techniques for Tezuka. Don't underestimate Sanada, and stop overestimating Tezuka. Sanada has the title "Emperor" for a reason. Konomi wants to make it clear that Sanada is meant to be feared.

I was trying to explain that but i didnt want to sound biased, you are right about the anime thing

The anime ruined my favorite matches Akaya vs Ryoma, And Sanada Vs Ryoma, i hated what they did, they made sanada look like a push over, and worst they actually got rid of muga no kyuouchi and ruined fuji's match.

Your right about sanada being # 1 but i wouldnt say overestimate tezuka, seeing as he was defeated by him prior and according to Oishi tezuka hasnt used any muga doors since his freshman year.

off topic: What i like most about Sanada is that hes contrast to Ryoma in many aspects for example Ryoma's white hat to sanadas black hat

Fayte
July 07, 2007, 05:11 PM
Many people overestimate Tezuka. I think this match with Sanada could be Konomi's way of saying "Tezuka is beatable." or "Sanada is a force to be reckoned with."

As for Sanada being in contrast with Ryoma, its true. They are also similar in the sense they are both known as Samurai's.

Atobe the king
July 07, 2007, 05:33 PM
Many people overestimate Tezuka. I think this match with Sanada could be Konomi's way of saying "Tezuka is beatable." or "Sanada is a force to be reckoned with."

As for Sanada being in contrast with Ryoma, its true. They are also similar in the sense they are both known as Samurai's.

I dont overestimate tezuka, its just that i always thought that the one give tezuka a defeat when hes at his max wouldv'e been Yukimura Considering he's the number one, however one overlooked fact is that Sanada was considered the # 1 in yukimuras absense and tezuka was not.

I always noticed the samurai thing they contrast in otherways as well,

Sanada is rather Tall while ryoma is short

Ryoma is depicted with Boyish goodlooks, while sanada is depicted as goodlooking

Ryomas hair is messy and unkempt, Sanadas is carefully neat under his cap

These are just a few things i noticed when i attempted to draw sanada

Most importantly they are the # 2 on their teams (nope not fuji^^)

Btw this is an attempt at tezuka
http://naruto.burke-works.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25856

excelsior
July 07, 2007, 06:08 PM
Not a bad depiction of Tezuka! Obviously, it's not a perfect match with the manga, but I think you capture Tezuka's appearance well. Now, I'm no artist, but IMHO the drawing might be improved if you erased some of the rather long line between his lips. He doesn't really have such a massive scowl--he's a little more impassive than that.

Atobe the king
July 07, 2007, 06:16 PM
I also attempted keigo and shiraishi
http://naruto.burke-works.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27173
Shiraishis lip is messed up, i made him frown at first then attempted a smile
http://naruto.burke-works.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27174

Tenshi123
July 07, 2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean by the anime thing, it screws a lot of stuff. T-T

Oh, I'm no expert (just a picky person XD), but on your Tezuka pic, I think you have his chin jutting out a little too far, and I agree with excelsior on the scowl. And his face seems to be a little wide (too much space between the main facial features and the ear, maybe if you brought in everything and shorten the glasses part that goes back to the ear?). But other than that, it's pretty good! ^^

Looking at your other two pix, I'd say you're really good with hair. *jealous* XD

Atobe the king
July 07, 2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean by the anime thing, it screws a lot of stuff. T-T

Oh, I'm no expert (just a picky person XD), but on your Tezuka pic, I think you have his chin jutting out a little too far, and I agree with excelsior on the scowl. And his face seems to be a little wide (too much space between the main facial features and the ear, maybe if you brought in everything and shorten the glasses part that goes back to the ear?). But other than that, it's pretty good! ^^

Looking at your other two pix, I'd say you're really good with hair. *jealous* XD

In PoT hair makes the characters XD

seriously they have so many strands of hair i cant emulate it, and the hardest char to draw is ryoma, his huge eyes and hat are difficult for me, i enjoy drawing keigo the most

Fayte
July 07, 2007, 11:44 PM
Can we stay on topic?

herosol
July 08, 2007, 12:33 AM
hmm i see. so it is a bit different then okay.

uhg. i still don't understand why he has to be this strong.
it may be the fact that i really don't like him.

emperor. psh. no like.

atobe. is a king. if anything a god.
period.

:D!

Atobe the king
July 08, 2007, 02:23 AM
hmm i see. so it is a bit different then okay.

uhg. i still don't understand why he has to be this strong.
it may be the fact that i really don't like him.

emperor. psh. no like.

atobe. is a king. if anything a god.
period.

:D!

Yes Atobe is the king, but emporors>>kings, and Sanada has pwned Atobe, then again that unfinished match....Atobe's not god hes just utterlly broken is all, but no more so than sanada.

Can we stay on topic?
Party pooper:amuse ...can i get YOUR opinion on my attempts, you can pm the answer if you wish to aviod straying from the topic

Sai_the_Shaman
July 08, 2007, 02:32 AM
Well I have to ask that you all stay on topic....If you would like to discuss Atobe the King's artwork I would have to ask you to create a separate thread in the court section or even the artist boards.

Tenshi123
July 08, 2007, 03:44 PM
Okay, sorry! ^^;;; But I seriously wonder how this match is going to end. I'm thinking that Sanada is probably going to win, but I just don't see how Tezuka's going to lose other than the fact that his arm will give out again, which I don't think Konomi's going to do a repeat of...or at least I hope not. It could be possible that Sanada'll use Rin or Zan to break the new Tezuka Zone/the Zero-Shiki Serve, but I'm not so sure on that because Sanada had saved Rai and In especially for Tezuka, so I'm not really thinking Rin or Zan will be stronger. Unless he just saved Rai and In not because they were stronger but because of what they did, block out Tezuka's 2 Muga doors. Whaddaya guys think?

hatsuharupeace
July 10, 2007, 06:26 AM
then again, sanada can also use muga no kyouchi. does anyone think that sanada can also use one of the two doors? then again (again), that would be overkill, even for someone like tezuka. but then tezuka could pull off the impossible and show us teni muhou no kiwami. what do u guys think??

mq1986
July 10, 2007, 03:53 PM
Rather than overestimate Tezuka, I think the opposite is true. True, he's won nearly all of his matches, but it's not like he's won by a huge margin like Sanada or Yukimura (except for Chitose...that was an odd one). I mean, Tezuka is supposedly the strongest player on the Seigaku team (besides Ryoma)--he's achieved two doors of the State of Self-Actualization, he has the Tezuka Zone, which only Nanjirou (former world champion) can achieve, and he has the Zero-Shiki Drop Shot and Serve. So to be crushed by Sanada, who was beaten by Ryoma, by the way, is kind of...I don't know. I think it's a little too demeaning for a player who's as strong as Tezuka.

HikaruYami
July 10, 2007, 05:14 PM
but ya know, in real life, technically speaking, someone who can use the zero-shiki serve is invincible. completely different from the "invincible" big bang shot, which focuses the players power vs. another player, this shot, assuming it can be performed every time, can never be returned, and therefore, even if tezuka was facing nanjiroh, then eventually, when it got to tiebreaks, all tezuka would have to do is make nanjiroh slip up on one or two of his service shots. I mean, that might take hours, but still! Theoretically completely invincible without an uber technique that draws a ball to you (or out?) BEFORE you hit it. manga/anime-worlds only, obviously, if Konami plans to have this serve countered at all.

whatsntomake
July 11, 2007, 01:28 AM
zero shiki can be returned if you have the speed and can pull off the side step to return it =)

Atobe the king
July 11, 2007, 08:32 AM
How, a serve cant be returned before it bounces

heras1985
July 11, 2007, 08:55 AM
someone knows, when out the new chapter of pot?

excelsior
July 12, 2007, 09:14 AM
Speaking of the Big Bang Serve, I find it hilarious how power and speed are two separate things in PoT.

I mean, the mass of the ball is constant. The only thing that determines how much kinetic energy the ball has is how fast it is moving. A super powerful serve is just a super fast serve. It's not like sword-fighting, or something, where you can have a slow strike that, after connecting with something, has a lot of muscle behind it.

The difference between "power" and "speed" could really show up only in your swing before you connect with the ball. Maybe you have a super-fast swing (a la "fuu") or a slower swing that stays in contact with the ball longer so you can throw more of your strength behind it. But, in the end, the power behind the shot is determined directly by how fast it is moving when it leaves your racket (setting aside for the moment such things as spin).

Incidentally, if Sanada could perform "rai" with a serve, Tezuka would be screwed. He would never get a chance to apply the Reverse-Tezuka-Zone spin to the ball. I'm guessing he just does that immediately upon returning Sanada's initial serve, which doesn't have any rai-craziness going on.

HikaruYami
July 12, 2007, 09:49 AM
While you are of course correct, you must remember than in Japanese manga, almost everything is akin to fighting. What Konami probably wants people to imagine is the difference between a light, super-fast flurry of punches in comparison to a slow barrage of solid hits.

And your last paragraph is exactly right. That's why some people are assuming that he's about to crank out the Rai serve to be as invincible as the Zero-shiki serve. Then it will come down to who messes up first in tiebreaks.

Atobe the king
July 12, 2007, 10:13 AM
off topic-Are we getting PoT this week?

Hmm Rai as a serve, that would certainly even things out, well i think there both almost out of trump cards except fot Sanada who still has Muga

Sai_the_Shaman
July 12, 2007, 12:02 PM
I have been informed by Allashandra that there is no Tenipuri this week....sorry guys

excelsior
July 12, 2007, 07:05 PM
That sucks.

The thing is, "rai" is not technically unreturnable. I mean, it has crazy power and some kind of crazy spin that makes it hard to hit, but Tezuka DID catch it on his racket once, even if it blew right through the strings. In theory, Tezuka could find out a way to return a Rai Serve at the last minute. The same cannot be said of the zero-shiki serve.

Although...

A ball simply rolling after the first bounce never occurs in tennis, right? So there's no real precedent for it. But couldn't someone in theory catch up to it, then thwack the ball so that it bounces up? Or slice it from underneath?

yoru sama
July 12, 2007, 10:52 PM
You are right it never happens. In THEORY you could return a shot like Tsubame Gaeshi by contacting the ball the exact moment it touches the ground.

But NOT the zero shiki serve, it is ILLEGAL to touch a serve until after it bounces. As I said once before the zero shiki serve is so far the only truly unbeatable weapon. It is a guaranteed point.

By the way it is clear Sanada isn`t going to crush Tezuka anymore. No matter how the last two games go even if Sanada wins 40-0, 6 games to 4 is not a crushing defeat.

theshizzle
July 13, 2007, 02:11 AM
dang i am depressed

excelsior
July 13, 2007, 04:05 AM
You are right it never happens. In THEORY you could return a shot like Tsubame Gaeshi by contacting the ball the exact moment it touches the ground.

But NOT the zero shiki serve, it is ILLEGAL to touch a serve until after it bounces. As I said once before the zero shiki serve is so far the only truly unbeatable weapon. It is a guaranteed point.

By the way it is clear Sanada isn`t going to crush Tezuka anymore. No matter how the last two games go even if Sanada wins 40-0, 6 games to 4 is not a crushing defeat.

I am well aware of that.

But there is no precedent for a rolling ball in real life. Is it illegal to touch the ball before it bounces, or, more broadly, is it illegal to touch the ball before it hits the court? Obviously, in real life, these are the same thing. But imagine, if you will, that a rolling ball was a possibility. Would they adapt the ruling? In that case, it might be possible to run up to the point of contact and give the ball a thwack from below AFTER it hits the ground, using the curvature of the ball itself to send it upward and over the net. Or (and this is a little dodgier) you could thwack directly on top of the ball, compressing it against the ground and causing it to bounce upward and hopefully over the net.

Fuji
July 13, 2007, 11:13 AM
Well, I suppose it is possible to make a ball roll once it hits the ground, but the amount of spin that would be needed is probably not achievable by a normal human being, though I think if someone taught Federer how it was done he probably could give it a shot.

Anyways, even if it could be achieved, I don't think the rule would be changed. The basic rules for tennis (not scoring, the game itself) have not changed in a very long time. I think that is one thing about tennis that appeals to so many people. It is so simple, and the rules practically never change. The only significant changes were the changes in scoring but the over all play of the game is the same.

Off Topic: No 351 again this week?! damn it....

HikaruYami
July 13, 2007, 12:59 PM
excelsior, they might change the rules if that was humanly possible, but not THAT much. I mean, saying that you thwack the top of the ball to compress it against the ground... that's like saying you can hit the ball before it hits the ground, then let it hit YOUR SIDE before the other side! That... I mean come on, I'm shocked to be talking to someone who thinks that's possible in tennis! If you hit it, and it touches your side for a millisecond after that before it hits your opponent's side (or racket), then it's automatically the opponent's point. The only thing they could POSSIBLY do as a rule to counter the Zero Shiki serve is let you hit it before it touches the ground on the serve.

But if a zero-shiki shot/serve was humanly possible, that rule would have been made from the very beginning of tennis.

And it's pretty rare for there to be no chapter for 2 weeks in a row. But I guess this means the series technically ends later, at least. As long as they don't try to pull a Shaman King, I'm fine with breaks on the part of the mangaka.... (I think Sai would know best about that Shaman King thing, eh?)

bangfarid
July 13, 2007, 08:14 PM
I couldn't find the way for download POT at stoptazmo.com. WHHyyyy????:notrust or I must register for a member???

excelsior
July 14, 2007, 02:10 AM
I'm not at all saying that you would hit the ball before it touched the court.

The question is whether there is some way to strike the ball immediately after it lands that might cause it to go over the net. Since the ball is already on the ground, there is no way that you could hit it that would make it "hit the ground on your side" first. I figure that Tezuka cannot officially claim the point until the ball either stops moving entirely or hits the net. Of course, since a ball that rolls after hitting the court is impossible in real tennis, there are no official rulings on the matter.

passworder
July 14, 2007, 08:38 AM
there is no 351 this week, sorry

I'm sorry for asking the same question twice, but is it the same this week as well? I want to know so I don't have to keep visiting the site so many times every day :)

bax
July 14, 2007, 08:40 AM
Yes, there is no PoT this week too. Hopefully it will return next week.

kadodo
July 14, 2007, 10:09 AM
I couldn't find the way for download POT at stoptazmo.com. WHHyyyy????:notrust or I must register for a member???

you need to have a username

whatsntomake
July 14, 2007, 01:36 PM
Hahaha I bet the author is having a tough time deciding who he wants to put in reserve this match and of course the victory outcomes

prag_27
July 15, 2007, 12:10 PM
ah....saw this discussion and didn't want to miss out on it....but zero shiki....HAS to bounce....no matter how little the bounce, the ball still has to bounce.....because when the ball hits the earth the earth will apply an equal amount of force back at the ball....Newton's third law.........it might be possible for the ball to slow down wnough due to the rotational friction between the ground and the ball...however the horizontal and the vertical components of force do not affect each other whatsoever.....the ball might slow down a lot in terms of horizontal velocity, but downward acceleration (gravity) is still the same......the force that the ball applies vertically will be applied back.......but of course.....physics doesn't always apply in mangas....but oh well..........funny thing is ...it's called zero shiki....zero gravity =P lol......yare yare, me being the physics nerd again......but IMO....Seigaku has never really lost to any important teams....and Tezuka probably won't lose his arm......and even if he does...he can still play with his right arm right? so no problem...lol........

Atobe the king
July 15, 2007, 05:52 PM
zero-shiki doesnt bounce, prince of tennis did away ealism when the nationals started

Sai_the_Shaman
July 16, 2007, 03:17 AM
If I know the rules of tennis well enough, it's that a receiver cannot return a serve before it touches the court. Also in the world of Tenipuri, let's look at Tannhausser serve. It is also a ball with an irregular bound in that it does not bounce. The same goes wiht Tezuka zone. However, Atobe was able to return Tannhausser serve and it was still legal. This shows that it can be legal to return Zero-shiki serve, though very difficult....

Fuji
July 16, 2007, 07:35 AM
I disagree Sai. Tannhauser serve is a lot like Fuji's Tsubame Gaeshi. Technically it does bounce but it hits the ground so soon afterwards that in order to return it you have to use a rising shot to hit just as it hits the ground. The Zero-shiki serve is not the same. It hits the ground, and then because of the spin, does not bounce at all, it just rolls back towards the net.

excelsior
July 16, 2007, 08:29 AM
Also, prag, you're mis-applying physics here. The world is full of examples of things that hit the ground without bouncing.

Just because an equal reactionary force is applied to the fallen object does not mean that the object will lift off of the ground again.

HikaruYami
July 16, 2007, 09:21 AM
the final victory will be Seigaku's. That's fact. If Tezuka can win, then the Golden Pair and Echizen have to win too, so it's no big deal past that... of course, many people think that Tezuka's win should be sacrificed for Fuji's, but it's hard for me to decide my opinion. However, in the long run, no one's opinion will matter except Konomi.

UNLESS Konomi has a brilliant plan, like with the reserve that you mentioned, have that be Echizen vs. Yukimura (instead of Singles 1), just to say that both Tezuka and Yukimura knew that 1 match in the main sets would be a draw, and the rest would be evenly distributed, just so it could come down to that final match!!

But in reality, it's probably (definitely) that Echizen is Singles 1 and Momo is in reserve, because they were only thinking about bringing Echizen back in time for his match, so unless for some reason Momo would go AFTER Echizen in the main sets... yeah.

BTW, if the sets are tied in the end, and the reserve match is tied in the end (neither player is able to continue), what happens? Rematch? Because there's no second reserve spot.

prag_27
July 16, 2007, 09:48 AM
excelsior :um....some heavy stuff do that, yeah.........but I agree more with atobe the king......Prince of Tennis DID do away with realism......and btw, just because the world is full of examples of things that hit the ground without bouncing, it doesn't mean that tennis balls do the same.....

Atobe the king: yeah, I kinda touched on the realism point with the "but of course.....physics doesn't always apply in mangas"....thought your reply was kinda sour O_O.....well...maybe you just talk like that --'....gomenasai

off topic: anyways..nice to meet you all....

HikaruYami
July 16, 2007, 12:37 PM
prag, it's you who's being the most sour in this discussion, though you clearly haven't noticed it. Your first post was as if to argue that what we were saying was illogical, which would be trollish if you didn't seem so quiet about it (those ...s you use are commonly a device used for a poster to seem less imposing).

Also prag, technically speaking excelsior is right. While I admit it's humanly impossible to make a tennis ball not bounce, a machine wouldn't find it impossible. If the ball had enough spin in any direction, and was moving close enough to the ground (as in, no tall parabola's, but instead a straight line right across the ground so that it didn't come almost straight down toward the ground like tennis balls do), then it would simply hit the ground and, unless your side of the argument is getting MORE realistic and saying that it hits a COMPLETELY frictionless surface, it's possible for it to procede in just running against the ground. You claim to be a physics nerd, but it seems more like you're at the level of 6th-grade "physical science".

... and, nice to meet you too. Please think about what you're saying next time.

EDIT: Also, excelsior, I do see your point in that post right after my last one, however what you are suggesting, while there is no ruling on it, is physically impossible unless you are, almost literally, moving at the speed of light. You'd have to supercompress the ball with your racket right as you hit it and pull it away a)before the ball takes damage, b)before your racket takes damage, and c)before the ball has a chance to absorb any of the force on its own, so it can push all of that out after your racket is already not directly on top of the ball, so it can actually bounce.

At this point in time, I cannot foresee even the greatest robot being able to do this. Because, like you said, you have to do it so that you hit it WHILE it's on the ground and not before or after, even by a split second, so that it never touches the ground after the racket hits it. Of course, I can't tell you for sure that no robot could do exactly that, but no human could.

excelsior
July 17, 2007, 03:37 AM
Thus neatly paving the way for the mangaka's ingenious method of letting Sanada win this match.

Sanada was, all along, actually a ROBOT!

hip
July 17, 2007, 07:54 AM
If the Zero Shiki Serve is invincible, Sanada could just copy it with Muga. He does not even need to use a Rai Serve.

Atobe the king
July 17, 2007, 12:26 PM
If the Zero Shiki Serve is invincible, Sanada could just copy it with Muga. He does not even need to use a Rai Serve.

I doubt that, and it would be boring, and Sanada cant copy the tezuka Zone

Fayte
July 17, 2007, 01:33 PM
That was actually one of my estimations. Yukimura and Echizen are on reserve, and Fuji/Kirihara tie, letting Echizen and Yukimura play each other.

However that is not likely. The more probable answer would be 2 people on reserve, with Echizen and Yukimura in singles 1.

hip
July 17, 2007, 09:17 PM
I doubt that, and it would be boring, and Sanada cant copy the tezuka Zone

you cant copy the Tezuka zone with Muga, because it is not a single move. you have to use your tennis experience, insight and luck to predict the opponent's reaction to your ball and put a spin on the ball according to that prediction.
but the Zero shiki serve is just a serve, a single move, that can be reproduced.

though, i agree that it would be boring if Sanada used Muga to copy it

mizu172
July 18, 2007, 07:00 AM
Hi everyone, I need help... I just finished watching the whole anime series of PoT, now... I know that the manga's continuing... so, which chapter should I start reading? Should I start from the very beggining or somewhere else? It'd be really cool if someone would help me :D THANKS in advance!

excelsior
July 18, 2007, 10:52 AM
While I agree that, in a manga like PoT, the final victory is very probably Seigaku's, it's not necessarily the case. There are a few manga where the protagonist, for all his skill, is not king of the mountain by the end. Take Hikaru no Go, for example.

Fayte
July 18, 2007, 01:21 PM
I have said the Rai serve theory weeks ago, and you guys are just considering it now?

Edit: I posted 2 different spoilers in the spoiler thread.

1m4n4znk1d4l1f3
July 18, 2007, 11:57 PM
how the heck do u read the manga
it wont let me access it, can ne1 help me???
plz an ty!!!!!!

dokoham
July 19, 2007, 05:59 AM
簡易
真田と手塚が一進一退。
真田の跡部に負けそうになった時の回想シーン。
幸村との會話で今まで練習相手がいなくてすまなかったと。
幸 まだやれるか?→真 たわけが。

現實に戾って真田が無我。
立海の選手(目を閉じてるおかっぱ)が真田は幸村のいない間も立海を支え續け、
くぐってきた修羅場の數がそこらの選手とは違う。
だから3つの扉を開かずとも至高の無我がどうとか。
黑い血が飛び散ったビームみたいなのを打って真田マッチポイントで以下次號。
[hr]
テニス
スコア4-4、手塚の腕がうっ血して紫色に
手塚と大石の回想、手塚「プロになる為ドイツに行こうと思っている 絕對に悔いは殘したくない」
回想終わり、真田「おのれ手塚ぁーッ(これ程の覺悟で挑んできたというのか-いいだろう受けてたとう!!)」
真田は『雷』を連續して打ちすぎて腳が動かない。それでも『雷』を打つがアウトにされる。
スコア 手塚5-4真田
ベンチに戾る手塚、大石「油斷せずにいこう」手塚「わかっている 俺達は勝つ為にきた」
真田もベンチに戾る。真田の仲間(名前わからん)が真田に聲をかける。
真田「真っ向勝負を捨てろというのか・・・?」

gigantor21
July 19, 2007, 07:28 AM
While I agree that, in a manga like PoT, the final victory is very probably Seigaku's, it's not necessarily the case. There are a few manga where the protagonist, for all his skill, is not king of the mountain by the end. Take Hikaru no Go, for example.

I don't think that's a fair comparison to make. HnG was much better than PoT in every way, if only because it actually had artistic value. PoT is just fun to read for the schlock, like a campy B-grade movie--beyond that, it's an incredibly generic dry list of shonen cliches, recycled ad nauseum.

So Seigaku is definitely going to win. Konomi has no real incentive to try something new, when playing it safe with the writing has worked so well.

HikaruYami
July 19, 2007, 09:42 AM
excelsior, have you forgotton what's been happening through this entire manga?

Let's compare. HnG, Hikaru starts the series not knowing what Go is, being taught by a ghost of an ancient SUPER AWESOME, near-invincible Go player. He starts out just learning by watching, and he experiences several humiliating defeats to random people that, later on in the series, weren't that good to begin with. He eventually gets better, and starts to compare to the top people. However, unless that series went on for another 3~5 years, I definitely couldn't imagine Hikaru being the best of the people he competed with.

Now, PoT. We start the series with an arrogant yet strangely likeable main character who's already known as a genius of tennis. He starts out with a move that's killer vs. novices, and he can play tennis with either hand, even though he really is left-handed. As the series goes, he at least makes friends and rivals (well, only 1 real rival, seemingly), while gaining skills and power, quickly making himself a god even compared to how he started out. He's been getting closer to the top consistently without a single official-match loss. There's almost nothing depressing about this series. excelsior, Seigaku and Echizen will DEFINITELY win.

and you're right, Fayte, I agree that there's almost no chance of those 2 tennis gods being put in reserve, but it would still be interesting to think about.

Fayte
July 19, 2007, 01:31 PM
簡易
真田と手塚が一進一退。
真田の跡部に負けそうになった時の回想シーン。
幸 まだやれるか?→真 たわけが。

現實に戾って真田が無我。
くぐってきた修羅場の數がそこらの選手とは違う。
だから3つの扉を開かずとも至高の無我がどうとか。
<hr noshade size="1">
テニス
スコア4-4、手塚の腕がうっ血して紫色に
手塚と大石の回想、手塚「プロになる為ドイツに行こうと思っている 絕對に悔いは殘したくない」
回想終わり、真田「おのれ手塚ぁーッ(これ程の覺悟で挑んできたというのか-いいだろう受けてたとう!!)」
スコア 手塚5-4真田
真田「真っ向勝負を捨てろというのか・・・?」
簡易
真田と手塚が一進一退。
真田の跡部に負けそうになった時の回想シーン。
幸 まだやれるか?→真 たわけが。
現實に戾って真田が無我。
くぐってきた修羅場の數がそこらの選手とは違う。
だから3つの扉を開かずとも至高の無我がどうとか。

Simple
Sanada and Tezuka advance and retreat.
The recollection scene of when Sanada was seemingly going to be defeated by Atobe.
In the conversation with Yukimura, he was sorry that there hadn't been a proper practice partner.
Yukimura: "Still want to continue." Sanada: "Sif!"
Back to reality, Sanada is in Muga
Rikkai's player (the closed-eyed okappa *a water monster in japan, hairstyle similar to renji so it's talking about renji) said Sanada has supported Rikkai when Yukimura is absent, and the amount of hell (shura is a buddhist demon) he went through is on a different level to everyone out there
Then perhaps the pinnacle of muga is actually not opening the 3 door at all
Hitting a beam splashed in black blood, Sanada is at matchpoint tune in next chapter

-----------------------------------------------------
テニス
スコア4-4、手塚の腕がうっ血して紫色に
手塚と大石の回想、手塚「プロになる為ドイツに行こうと思っている 絕對に悔いは殘したくない 」
回想終わり、真田「おのれ手塚ぁーッ(これ程の覺悟で挑んできたというのか-いいだろう受けてたとう!!) 」
スコア 手塚5-4真田
真田「真っ向勝負を捨てろというのか・・・?」

Tennis
Score is 4-4, Tezuka's arm turned bruising purple
Recollection scene of Tezuka and Oishi, Tezuka: "I want to go to Germany to turn professional, I don't want to leave behind any regret."
Back in reality, Sanada: "Damn you Tezuka! You challenged me with only this amount of willingness!? (it's hard to translate kakugo =( ) Just take my shots already!!"
Sanada continued to hit "Rai" too much and legs cannot move anymore. Even then the "Rai" still continue to go out
Score Tezuka 5-4 Sanada
Back to bench, Oishi: "Don't slack off and go!" Tezuka: "I know, we came to win."
Back in Sanada's bench, one of Rikkai's player (name unknown *that's actually what it says) approached Sanada
Sanada: "You've decided to abandon fighting me front on?"

Translated by Whua404.

hatsuharupeace
July 20, 2007, 04:07 AM
what do u mean u cant access it?do u mean u cant download it? or that u cant access the thread?

heras1985
July 20, 2007, 12:29 PM
when out pot this week?¿

HikaruYami
July 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
... *sigh* it's usually out on Saturday, sometimes later. You'll know when it's out, so don't ask such unnecessary questions. It makes you sound rude and impatient.

Also, thanks for posting the spoiler trans here, Fayte! However, I hope neither of those is true. The first one's ending didn't really make sense; if it's matchpoint for Sanada, that means that he already found a way to counter the Zero-Shiki serve. If it's match point for Tezuka, then that means that he's about to use the Zero-Shiki serve to win the game, and that next time Sanada has to beat the Zero-shiki serve 5 times in a row, then win 2 more games after that if he's going to win the match.

As for the second one, i just didn't like it. When Sanada says "You've decided to abandon fighting me front on?" that sounds unfair to Tezuka. Zero-shiki serve is physically impossible to pull of, so he has a right to use it in matches. the only way that saying something like that to Tezuka would be characteristic of Sanada is if he just decided to use Rai as a serve from now on, in which case it will carry on forever as a draw until either Tezuka runs out of energy needed to use the right form for Zero-shiki, or until Sanada runs out of energy for constantly using Rai. (or until one of them finds a good way to counter the other)

EDIT: Now that the chapter has come out, I can see that the second spoiler was from someone who actually read the chapter, but either a) the translator sucked, or more likely b) the spoiler-poster forgot exactly what happened. Considering he couldn't even remember Yukimura's name, it's not surprising that he got Sanada's quote completely wrong.

whatsntomake
July 20, 2007, 09:01 PM
Ok think of it this way, if the cool drive serve (yes i forgot the latin name) is a serve that hits the ground then rolls forward, then the zero shiki serve is a serve that hits the ground and rolls backwards - this is from the perspective of the receiver. If Atobe can return the serve by using a sidestep then all you would need is the added speed to get to the ball - since it is not moving at you and the side step technique Atobe used.

ShinobiFFS
July 21, 2007, 06:01 AM
raws out:
http://qqoo.net/read.php?tid-157577.html

Chinese scan. Do not use for any English/International scanlations

Dahroth
July 21, 2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah. It's been afew weeks since a chapter came out. Right?
When are they gonna be coming back out?

bax
July 21, 2007, 04:29 PM
Hey hey hey? See that? It says PoT 351!! The chapter made a comeback after 2 weeks of absence!!! :D Get your fix HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15708)!!!!

Now now... The match is still going on.. Hmm.. It's 4-4 at the start of the chapter. Tezuka gave Sanada back every point he took away from him.

Go ahead and discuss the chapter guys!!

FuuRinKaInZan
July 21, 2007, 05:25 PM
This chapter was great. We got to see the after-effects of hitting the zero shiki serve and the reverse tezuka zone on tezuka's arm and on the legs of sanada from hitting rai so much. It is nice to see that these moves have sort of side effects to them from being extremely cheap. I also think that yukimura telling sanada to win this for the sake of rikkai's 3 succesive championships will really awaken sanada's full strength. He also said "didnt you say you will throw/do away with the matches in front of you/you are faced with? The emporer has his servants get icing for his wounds lol. I guess he really is treated like the emporer at Rikkai. The ending caption "one word of certain victory was great as well.

Grandsummoner
July 22, 2007, 02:15 PM
I dunno. I thought he was telling Sanada to lose this for the sake of Rikkai's championship. As in, lose this for us to win. But that might have been a misinterpretation?

TEK
July 22, 2007, 02:38 PM
I think the translation by Sai makes it a lot clearer. It says "Do you want me to give up this head on challenge?" This means that Sanada can win this match if he stops using Rai which inflicts damage on his leg. Tezuka would then be the only one to injure himself and all Sanade would have to do is play with Tezuka up to the point where he can't play anymore.

Fayte
July 22, 2007, 04:22 PM
To make it clear to anybody confused, What Yukimura tells Sanada is basically this. Sanada was not playing for Rikkaidai, he was playing for himself. All this time Sanada was playing Tezuka out of revenge, not to beat him so Rikkaidai can win, but just so HE can win. Yukimura opened his eyes to this, and Sanada realizes he was being selfish. He wasn't playing Tezuka like he played Nagoya or anybody else. This Sanada was letting his emotions get in the way, and he wasn't playing to his full strength.

Konomi leaves us with the thought:

-Will Sanada continue to use Rai, the technique he put so much pride in to the very end?
-Or will Sanada listen to Yukimura, resort to his old play style and crush Tezuka.

HikaruYami
July 23, 2007, 02:49 PM
The thing is, it's 5-4 for Tezuka and it's his service game. Even if Sanada manages to vanquish all emotions and play in his calm, collected near-invincible play style, all Tezuka has to do now is scrape out 4 more Zero-shiki serves without his arm breaking.

If he can do this, it's an instant win for Tezuka. However... I personally see Sanada taking this game because Tezuka would not be able to finish off the Zero-shiki service game... but after that it's too unpredictable. I see the match either ending on the last page of the chapter or just continuing on... I can't see it ending before that... so I don't think Tezuka can finish it off right now with 4 Zero-shiki serves. That would take 2 to 5 pages, and the 5 is only if the rest of the team makes a huge deal about Tezuka breaking his arm again.

What would be wierd is if that Echizen/Yukimura match was in the reserve spot (which is still SUPER unlikely), and they were put there because both teams knew that it would actually be Tezuka and Sanada to tie... now that would be insane. Not to mention that would only be possible if both Tezuka's arm and Sanada's legs gave out at about the same time.

Fayte
July 23, 2007, 02:59 PM
I have a feeling Konomi is going to make Sanada have some advanced form of Muga. Zero-Shiki serve is definitely going to be ineffectual with Sanada returning it somehow.

How will Sanada return Zero-shiki?

1) Tezuka hits 3 perfect shots, but the 4th bounces and Sanada returns it. (70% chance)
2) Tezuka hits 4 perfect shots, but the 4th one is countered by Sanada. Sanada puts his racquet in front of the ball at an angle, and the ball ramps itself over the net. (20% chance)
3) Sanada does an advanced Muga technique, and returns it somehow. (10% chance)

After Sanada defeats the serve, he will still need to seal the Tezuka phantom. That is a reason why I think Sanada gains a new form of Muga, that is in the state of unopened doors. Something only someone who has only tried to perfect the basics of Muga, and not go beyond. Something along those lines.

FuuRinKaInZan
July 23, 2007, 04:10 PM
Did Ishida and Kamio achieve the wild beast aura or wild beast aura syncro? The aura looked the same as the wild beast aura that tachibana has.

gigantor21
July 23, 2007, 04:17 PM
^ It was just the Wild Beat Aura. You have to keep in mind that Kamio and Tetsu aren't a staple team like the Golden Pair, or Marui and Jackal, so they probably wouldn't have been able to achieve it.

Fuji
July 24, 2007, 08:25 AM
I think Fayte's first prediction will happen because of the history of it. Tezuka was one point from beating Atobe in Kantou and his arm gave out. I have a very strong feeling he will be one point from winning and his arm will give out again. It will go into a long tie break and Sanada will win it.

I really want Tezuka to win but it doesn't seem like he will.

murani-san
July 24, 2007, 11:17 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Sanada going to have trouble moving for the rest of the match. If Tezuka was smart he'd just use his right hand, sure he won't be able to turn on Tezuka Phantom but he could just hit the balls with precision to the corner and Sanada would be powerless to stop it.

This is Tezuka's last match in Japan you all actually think he's going to lose. He'll win at the cost of his arm and the rest of the team will see Seigaku's Pillar of Support stand proud once again and get inspired. I think the only other good match will be Echizen vs Yukimura. I can't see Fuji losing now that he has found his passion for winning.

Sai_the_Shaman
July 24, 2007, 11:46 AM
Well given the past of Sanada sort of being Yukimura's pet, Sanada will probably end up taking Yukimura's advice, give it his all and win. Though not without Tezuka putting up a good fight. I think this match should be over in the next couple of chapters....

Fayte
July 24, 2007, 12:38 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Sanada going to have trouble moving for the rest of the match. If Tezuka was smart he'd just use his right hand, sure he won't be able to turn on Tezuka Phantom but he could just hit the balls with precision to the corner and Sanada would be powerless to stop it.

This is Tezuka's last match in Japan you all actually think he's going to lose. He'll win at the cost of his arm and the rest of the team will see Seigaku's Pillar of Support stand proud once again and get inspired. I think the only other good match will be Echizen vs Yukimura. I can't see Fuji losing now that he has found his passion for winning.

Sanada will most likely not pay any attention to his legs, and it will not be a problem. He seems like the type of character to not show pain, even if there is.

Also, Tezuka's last match in Japan isn't suggesting what you think it does. He says "This may be my last match in Japan" because he knows the threat he is up against, that could risk his tennis career.

Sai_the_Shaman
July 24, 2007, 01:13 PM
Sanada will most likely not pay any attention to his legs, and it will not be a problem. He seems like the type of character to not show pain, even if there is.

Also, Tezuka's last match in Japan isn't suggesting what you think it does. He says "This may be my last match in Japan" because he knows the threat he is up against, that could risk his tennis career.

Actually when he says "This may be my last match in Japan" he says that because after this school year he is moving to Germay to become a pro and there really are not that many important pro matches in Japan besides the Japan Open.

Atobe the king
July 24, 2007, 05:28 PM
All this time i thought tezuka was constantly hurting himself, who would have thought that Rai had a side effect, Based on the laws of shonen it looks to be in sanadas favor...

ItachiKiller46
July 25, 2007, 02:06 AM
I don't really mind his play style but I guess i get you.
Here's my lineup.
Singles 2Fuji vs. Sanada 7-5 S
Singles 3Tezuka vs. Kirihara 6-3 S
Singles 1Echizen vs. Yukimura 7-6 S
Doubles 2 Renji and Jackel vs. Inui and Kaidoh 4-6 R
Doubles 1 Yagyuu and that white haired guy (Can't remember his name) vs. Oishi and Eiji 6-7 R
ITS THE FIRST MATCH AND IM WRONG ALREADY AHHH!:mad

dokoham
July 26, 2007, 05:06 AM
テニス
幸村のアドバイスを聞き入れ、真っ向勝負を捨てて持久戰に持ちこもうとする真田。
真田は緩い球を手塚に向かって打ち。ファントムをいっぱい打たす作戰に。
作戰が效いて真田は點を入れる、その後も點を重ねて真田マッチポイント。
ここで手塚が氣合のゼロ式サーブ。真田打ち返してボールがおもいっきり上にあがる。
真田はもう足が限界。ネットの上ボールがどっちに落ちるかってとこで終わり

bax
July 27, 2007, 06:16 PM
The RAW is out guys!!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15987)!!

Now.. go ahead and discuss the chapter here :amuse Let see what's your thought about this chapter ^^

Happy discussing ^^

FuuRinKaInZan
July 27, 2007, 07:11 PM
I like how the fate lies within a cord ball. I also found it awesome when sanada combined the rin, ka and rai techniques into one powerful shot. If Tezuka's arm should be in alot of pain after to hit that. I dont know if rin was shown before but it looks awesome as well. I think they say that rin softens the spin on the ball and it looks like a slice backhand. It also seems that Tezuka's phantom cannot make it go out as well. This shot seems to make points longer as well because the shot is apparently slow just like a slice backhand in real tennis. Now all we have to do is see zan. I think that this chapter was very well done and the conclusion should come next chapter.

burts123
July 27, 2007, 10:09 PM
I am lost whAT IS THE SCORE RIGHT NOW???

FuuRinKaInZan
July 27, 2007, 10:11 PM
Before the cord ball it was sanada's match point i believe.

Sai_the_Shaman
July 28, 2007, 03:22 AM
With this match point and Sanada finally doing what it takes to win, I think Sanada will definitely win. Besdies as it is now, if Fuji is right, Tezuka is only biding his time for Ryoma to get there.

Scipio
July 28, 2007, 10:34 AM
I really hope Sanada will win, but remember Fuji's match point last time ( :( )
I hope Konomi isn't crazy enough to make Sanada lose this time, because with common sense, Sanada will definitely win.

Fayte
July 28, 2007, 11:18 AM
Sanada will win. Why else would Konomi make it seem like the Fate of the match lies within the cordball when it doesn't? If it lands on Tezuka's side, Tezuka loses. If it lands on Sanada's side, Sanada doesn't lose. It would be 40-15. Tezuka is definitely going to lose.

excelsior
July 28, 2007, 01:34 PM
We're sure that this is match point for Sanada? I mean, wasn't Tezuka leading 5 games to 4 last chapter? It seems unlikely that it would be -completely unmentioned- that Sanada then won -two games- to get to 6-5 and is now at match point for his victory.

Sai_the_Shaman
July 28, 2007, 01:52 PM
well thats what the story seems to imply, that it is somehow now Sanada's match point

PierreJeanPierre
July 28, 2007, 06:50 PM
Sanada will win. Why else would Konomi make it seem like the Fate of the match lies within the cordball when it doesn't? If it lands on Tezuka's side, Tezuka loses. If it lands on Sanada's side, Sanada doesn't lose. It would be 40-15. Tezuka is definitely going to lose.

I don't agree. Sanada doesn't seem to be able to stand up anymore. I think that if the ball falls on his side, Sanada forfeits.

Urahara
July 28, 2007, 06:54 PM
There is always the possibility that, if Tezuka does indeed win the point, that both players will be unable to continue and the match is a draw. It is unlikely, but still a possibility. It would explain the whole fate of the match statement. If it falls on Tezuka's side, all you Sanada fans get your wish. If it falls on Sanada's side, both of them withdraw from the match because they can't continue. Thus in the end Tezuka wins because Seigaku doesn't lose a point for the championship, when he very well should have.

Fayte
July 28, 2007, 07:28 PM
I don't think so. If it lands on Tezuka's side, Sanada wins. If it lands on Sanada's side, the match will continue, Sanada winning with Mountain.

Tenshi123
July 28, 2007, 09:21 PM
Sanada will win with Mountain? But didn't it say he couldn't move his legs, which is why the whole match depends on the cord ball?

1m4n4znk1d4l1f3
July 29, 2007, 10:34 AM
when i click the "here" button, it shows me this--
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) PHP/4.4.6 Server at mangahelpers.com Port 80
plz tell me why i cant read the manga???

Fayte
July 29, 2007, 12:43 PM
Lol..like physical injuries has ever stopped them before? Sanada "appeared" to have injured his legs already, but he continued to spam Rai, and also create his new technique, KaRinRai. I doubt this match will end by injury.

Babii-Boo
July 29, 2007, 06:21 PM
Hope I'm not too late for this, just caught up with PoT. Anyway, interesting =D Sanana, shadow and lightening? Wow... but I was actually expecting him to use mountain and forest before showing these two new techniques. Plus, if Sanada and Tezuka's in single 3... then who's in single 2 and 1 for rikkai?

Babii-Boo
July 29, 2007, 06:31 PM
Oooh the reverse of the Tezuka zone?
But didn't that old women say it'll injure his arm once more? whys that?

Babii-Boo
July 29, 2007, 06:34 PM
The flashback was funny XD each of them getting smacked haha.. what kind of rule :S

Babii-Boo
July 29, 2007, 07:00 PM
=O If this ball goes in, Sanana wins. Hm... I have the feeling that something magnificent is gonna happen and Tezuka will be turning the tables again. Well, who knows? Maybe Tezuka will lost to Sanada (which I don't really mind -.-") and we'll be able to see doubles 2 =) Ahem.. Marui lol.

Babii-Boo
July 29, 2007, 07:06 PM
when i click the "here" button, it shows me this--
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) PHP/4.4.6 Server at mangahelpers.com Port 80
plz tell me why i cant read the manga???

Hey, don't worry it isn't just you. It's because MH had recently moved to another host (or something like that) ^_^ So yep, the link is down.

But, you can download this chapter here (http://stoptazmo.com/downloads/get_file.php?file_category=prince_of_tennis&mirror=1&file_name=prince_of_tennis_322.zip) =)

Babii-Boo
July 29, 2007, 07:12 PM
ITS THE FIRST MATCH AND IM WRONG ALREADY AHHH!:mad

Haha, never mind. Who would expect Tezuka and Sanada to play singles 3? I was hoping for Kirihara and Momo for some unknown reason. It would be interesting though wouldn't it? Though I think Momo is assigned to play doubles again.

Babii-Boo
July 29, 2007, 07:18 PM
Hi everyone, I need help... I just finished watching the whole anime series of PoT, now... I know that the manga's continuing... so, which chapter should I start reading? Should I start from the very beggining or somewhere else? It'd be really cool if someone would help me :D THANKS in advance!

Hey ^^
Well, it depends. Did you finish the anime on the 178th episode or did you finish it on OVA 14? Why don't you go on MangaRun.com and search for the chapters? (Yeah I know it's a pain, there's like 350+ chapters already.. But it is likely that the other members who's gonna search it for you will do the same...)

VanFanel
July 29, 2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, all Tezuka fans can now be sure he will lose.. there's no way the ball lands on Sanada side.. we all knew he would lose a long time ago, Konomi didn't need to screw his arm for that

gigantor21
July 29, 2007, 09:15 PM
^ My guess is Kirahara and Yukimura for Singles 2 and 1, respectively. I'd rather see Niou in S2, to be honest, but I can't see Kirihara playing doubles.

murani-san
July 29, 2007, 09:18 PM
I found it very interesting that in the middle of his hardest and last match of his junior high career Tezuka is still proving to be the pillar of support for Seigaku's team and is willing to sacrifice his arm to give Ryoma extra time to get back. Something tells me given how much sacrificing Tezuka has done for Seigaku there is absolutely no way Ryoma doesn't come back and has a ridiculous new technique to unveil against Yukimura.

Sai_the_Shaman
July 29, 2007, 09:18 PM
Ive been giving it some thought....Sanada is sure to win imo, but he will even if the ball lands on his side because he still has "Mountain" (Yama/Zan)

The line for mountain is "Immovable, like a Mountain" and with his legs not being able to move he might use that because it sounds like it's a shot where the ball is forced to him like Tezuka zone, but probably not the same. so we may see him use Mountain to finish it off.

Fayte
July 29, 2007, 10:47 PM
I don't think so. If it lands on Tezuka's side, Sanada wins. If it lands on Sanada's side, the match will continue, Sanada winning with Mountain.

Ive been giving it some thought....Sanada is sure to win imo, but he will even if the ball lands on his side because he still has "Mountain" (Yama/Zan)

The line for mountain is "Immovable, like a Mountain" and with his legs not being able to move he might use that because it sounds like it's a shot where the ball is forced to him like Tezuka zone, but probably not the same. so we may see him use Mountain to finish it off.

All those who side with my mountain theory say HAYOH!

murani-san
July 30, 2007, 12:06 AM
Can't Tezuka use both his hands to play or am I just remembering something from the anime? If he can then seeing as how Sanada wasn't supposed to be able to move his legs very well Tezuka could have just hit for the opposite corners with precision and finished Sanada off.

Bloodios
July 30, 2007, 05:46 AM
#1:
Dangling ball......landed.....Sanada's side....both side collapse.....a draw......hhmmm (definitely gonna throw bucket of boiled water into that situation).

#2:
Mountain revealed....BOOM....Tezuka got blown to pieces....Sanada laughes like a mad man.....(Inui Juice, please!)

#3:
Ball landed on Sanada's side......Sanada collapsed......Tezuka shouts: "That's right you fool, you've lost to me before, and now you lose to me again, and you will always lose to me ku..ku..ku...ka..ka..ka " (Stuff some rotten eggs in for good)

#4:
Ball landed on Tezuka's side.....Tezuka loses....Seishun Gakuen starts crying....Blood suddenly gushes out of Tezuka's arm (artery exploded???).....Tezuka collapsed.....Seigaku's regulars rush toward him.....weep....weep.....Sanada walk away in silent.....It starts raining....(Yeah! Sounds good! Why don't go and wipe the floor with that script)

#5: Both side go SSJ4......the whole stadium blows up.....everyone perishes.....(That's how I like it)

Babii-Boo
July 30, 2007, 01:25 PM
Same, well Kirihara would probably turn the doubles match to a singles match. Anyway, if Kirihara and Yukimura's playing S2 and S1.. then who from Seigaku will play them? Obviously Ryoma's gonna play S1.... But somebody to face Kirihara... (and I hope it's not Fuji).

synhell
July 30, 2007, 01:53 PM
hi, everybody.
1st, I want to say I love your releases of POT.
But I'm french and work on a french website about POT ^^
So I need to use your scanlations to trad for french people, if you agree ^^
( I don't know a word of japanese so ...)
Hoping an answer ...

Sai_the_Shaman
July 30, 2007, 02:19 PM
hi, everybody.
1st, I want to say I love your releases of POT.
But I'm french and work on a french website about POT ^^
So I need to use your scanlations to trad for french people, if you agree ^^
( I don't know a word of japanese so ...)
Hoping an answer ...

You would need to go and ask individual scanlators for the permission. However, my translations of PoT are always free to tl into other languages.

synhell
July 30, 2007, 03:00 PM
Thx a lot for this quick respond ^^
i'll do

itachi2510
July 30, 2007, 09:39 PM
well, i think that if tezuka loses to sanada, then Pot will still go after the Nationals, because i think tezuka cant lose his last match on pot

PierreJeanPierre
July 31, 2007, 05:06 AM
I agree. Tezuka, losing his very last match in PoT ? Well, it would be surprizing...

taniquetil
July 31, 2007, 07:25 AM
I don't think Sanada is combining the Forest, Fire, and Thunder technique, he's just using them separately to confuse Tezuka, because Forest can block Tezuka Phantom. It's fundamentally impossible to combine Forest and Fire because Forest is a defensive technique while Fire is offensive. Thunder is just...ultimate. Maybe Shadow is the answer to Thunder, since every piece of the FuuRinInKaZanRai has a weakness to another piece.

taniquetil
July 31, 2007, 07:39 AM
So there's really no place that you can get every single current PoT chapter all in one without paying? All the SendSpace and MegaUpload and other stuff on this site has timed out.

Babii-Boo
July 31, 2007, 07:58 AM
^
Uhm.. there's no need to pay?
Personally I would go to http://stoptazmo.com/prince_of_tennis/
they have chapters 1 - 338.
Or get the manga in volumes at http://MangaTraders.com, they're up-to-date. Both direct downloads.

(For MT you need to sign up before you can download, but signing up is free, and so is downloading).

Fuji
July 31, 2007, 09:48 AM
Shadow is only used to prevent Tezuka from using Saiki at all.

I still want Tezuka to win this match because if he wins then my alternate order for the matches may come true. If he loses then Fuji has to face Kirihara again which will be boring IMHO.

Fayte
July 31, 2007, 10:12 AM
I don't think Sanada is combining the Forest, Fire, and Thunder technique, he's just using them separately to confuse Tezuka, because Forest can block Tezuka Phantom. It's fundamentally impossible to combine Forest and Fire because Forest is a defensive technique while Fire is offensive. Thunder is just...ultimate. Maybe Shadow is the answer to Thunder, since every piece of the FuuRinInKaZanRai has a weakness to another piece.

Sanada is combining them. You can tell that the attack was different. It had the outline of Rai, and the essence of a Ka (pure black).

excelsior
July 31, 2007, 01:53 PM
Indeed. And speaking of "offensive" and "defensive" techniques is a little tricky. This is tennis. A shot is a shot is a shot. As far as I can tell, Rin just seems to be something that attempts to nullify or mitigate the spin on a ball, somewhat like Fuji's 4th counter, Kagerou Zutsumi.

The question of Rai's "weakness" in Sanada's now distastefully-named skill set (FuuRinKaInZanRai just flows poorly compared to FuuRinKaZan) is an interesting one, though. Do we know the other weakness matchups? Fuu is weak against Ka, right?

If I had to guess at the others, I'd say that Ka's weakness is Zan (some kind of "defense" even against a super strong attack). As for the others... maybe Rin loses to Fuu? Zan to Rin?

In and Rai are probably just totally separate, since In has nothing to do with tennis shots--it just projects an aura of unpredictability. As for Rai, yeah, it is kind of an "ultimate" move--it's almost impossible to hit, and, even if you hit it, you can't return it (that we know of).

Fuji
July 31, 2007, 05:50 PM
Fuu is weak against Ka, right?

Other way around. Ka is weak against Fuu. As for the others I am not sure. It seems to me that at an even skill level any of the techniques could beat any of the others if used properly. It's hard to say what counters what. Technically Fuu could only counter Ka if the people using it were at the same level.

Ka would beat Fuu if the person using Fuu were even just a little weaker.

HikaruYami
July 31, 2007, 11:03 PM
*coughs*

well... HAYOH!!!!!

I think the mountain theory has a high chance of being right, but not necessarily. It's Tezuka's serve, so if he can just take the current game (it must be 6-5 Sanada, right? so it has to be Tezuka's serve) then it goes down to the tiebreaks (giving Tezuka more time to stall), and Sanada can eventually win by easily taking every serve with Mountain and a couple of Tezuka's serves eventually failing and staying away from Sanada, or his arm simply gives out.

But this game's gone on for SO long now, I would actually be disappointed if it was a tie due to their injuries.

bakasensei
August 01, 2007, 04:07 AM
Sanada is combining them. You can tell that the attack was different. It had the outline of Rai, and the essence of a Ka (pure black).

But wouldn't it make sense that they were each separate attacks? 3 making it 15, 30, 40 and the final being the match point?
or if you consider the earlier 15, then it would be 30, 40 and lightning as the final undecided point

i am not sure, just throwing out a guess :x

Sai_the_Shaman
August 01, 2007, 04:19 AM
But wouldn't it make sense that they were each separate attacks? 3 making it 15, 30, 40 and the final being the match point?
or if you consider the earlier 15, then it would be 30, 40 and lightning as the final undecided point

i am not sure, just throwing out a guess :x

Well from my own opinion of the text, Sanada is indeed combining them. he combined different aspects of them jsut to be able to counter zero-shiki serve.

PierreJeanPierre
August 01, 2007, 04:53 AM
I still want Tezuka to win this match because if he wins then my alternate order for the matches may come true. If he loses then Fuji has to face Kirihara again which will be boring IMHO.

Well, if PoT was to stop after this match, then I think that Seigaku's three main players (Tezuka Echizen Fuji) definitely can't lose...

Fayte
August 01, 2007, 11:05 AM
Any spoilers for 353 yet?

Sai_the_Shaman
August 01, 2007, 02:03 PM
It's only tuesday, so probably not....then again I dont checj 2ch very often

kazamakj
August 01, 2007, 07:57 PM
I predict Tezuka will lose because if not we will never see the Yukimura vs Ryoma tennis battle. With extra special super powers

Fayte
August 01, 2007, 08:13 PM
Tezuka is going to lose. How else can we see Echizen spam techniques from other players he has never seen before?

dokoham
August 02, 2007, 12:35 AM
ポーンと飛んだボールが落ちる1秒かそれくらいの時間に真田の回想シーン
ボールがネットに當たる

真田「向こう側に入らんか~!!!」

で、真田7-5で勝つ

真田「貴樣とはもうやらんぞ」

ガチホモで 握手!!!

これだけで一週使ってました

Sai_the_Shaman
August 02, 2007, 01:16 AM
ポーンと飛んだボールが落ちる1秒かそれくらいの時間に真田の回想シーン
ボールがネットに當たる
The scene starts with Sanada remembering when the ball is high in the air and falls onto the net

真田「向こう側に入らんか~!!!」
Sanada: The Ball went Over!!!

で、真田7-5で勝つ
Sanada wins 7-5

真田「貴樣とはもうやらんぞ」
Sanada: "It's good I didn't have to keep playing with that bastard"

ガチホモで 握手!!!
They shake hands

これだけで一週使ってました
Thats it for this week

Crayola
August 02, 2007, 08:59 AM
i suggest the-evil-empire.net, its a forum taht you ahve to sign up for and also just have 10 posts. They ahve like every manga series and its msotly volume downloads on sites like mediafire, d-tourbodownloads, mediafire, abdongo and others.

Thank you, link added.

HikaruYami
August 02, 2007, 04:51 PM
Excuse me for saying this, but... WTF?! I don't care how many small details were left out, that chapter is TOO. SHORT. If the sentence "Everyone has some different extreme reaction one way or the other" or something to that effect, it would be more believable, but let's be honest, in PoT even in a match like this, what was just described cannot take an entire chapter. It would have to at least be a flashback to the previous time they played or SOMETHING like that!!

whatsntomake
August 03, 2007, 07:04 AM
Hmmm well its a cliched outcome since something similar has happened before and Seigaku seriously has a habit of losing singles 3 in the nationals but dokoham has posted accurated spoilers so =/ tezuka fans. Haha but then again we get to see the Golden Pair need I say it? WIN xD

dokoham
August 03, 2007, 11:05 AM
sorry...can i ask when will have 353 pictures?

bax
August 03, 2007, 04:49 PM
The RAW is out guys!!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16362)!!

Now.. go ahead and discuss the chapter here :amuse Let see what's your thought about this chapter ^^

Happy discussing ^^

Tenshi123
August 03, 2007, 05:33 PM
So Tezuka lost as expected...but still... T-T

Fuji
August 03, 2007, 08:40 PM
Hikaru, it will be a whole chapter. With Echizen completely unreachable it will take a whole chapter, though we may get to see who plays doubles 2, should be Inui/Kaidoh and Marui/Jackal. Might be Kaidoh/Momoshiro though so I don't know.

dokoham
August 03, 2007, 10:09 PM
Sanada won!!!!!!!!!

alexlw92
August 03, 2007, 11:12 PM
so now that we've established that tezuka lost and sanada won...

next match: inui-kaidoh vs. who? i doubt rikkaidai is going to use the same doubles as last time... so... any ideas?

Fayte
August 03, 2007, 11:18 PM
Why does it feel like Dokoham just posts his own theories in Chinese to make it look like it is a spoiler.. >_>

Sai_the_Shaman
August 04, 2007, 12:03 AM
Why does it feel like Dokoham just posts his own theories in Chinese to make it look like it is a spoiler.. >_>

for one theyre in Japanese, also I can confirm it's taken from 2ch

taniquetil
August 04, 2007, 02:29 AM
it was still a bad way for Tezuka to lose, because he had put topspin on the ball and the ball only rolled back over because of Sanada's screaming. Oh well, it was a great match. I bet we're gonna soon find out who won the Tezuka-Yukimura match, although I think it would have been Tezuka at the time.

D'you think Echizen is gonna be able to use the Pinnacles freshman year just like Tezuka?

Sai_the_Shaman
August 04, 2007, 02:54 AM
I liked how Tezuka finally had a somewhat "real" loss. Also this allows room for the Golden Pair to finally get the big win they deserve. Hmmm now for some predictions since there is some definite open-endedness.

D2: Inui/Kaidou vs. Yanagi/Yagyuu

Inui/Kaidou are tested and effective doubles team. Also, with Kaidou's playing style and ability to draw out a match out, it will allows more time for Ryoma to arrive. Not to mention there is a relationship between both teams. The obvious is the Inui/Yanagi relationship. Both are obvious leaders as well. This will give them a chance to help guide their young teammates. Kaidou and Yagyuu on the other hand have their past experience from the ABC Open, where they cosplayed each other. This will undoubtedly lead to some fun interaction. I just hope that I am right.

Any comments or other predictions???

mizu172
August 04, 2007, 04:29 AM
nooooooooooo what the hell tezuka losT ;__________; F*#!@!

Ryomapp
August 04, 2007, 10:02 AM
Tezuka lost... :crying
I wanted to him to win. Konomi-sensei doesn't like him really, does he? *sob*

I guess S1 will be Ryoma vs Yukimura and Ryoma will win (because of Konomin's favouritism) :notrust

Babii-Boo
August 04, 2007, 10:19 AM
I'm not surprised that Tezuka lost to Sanada, but I was hoping for Sanada to use his 'mountain' move as well >.<

Drew7898
August 04, 2007, 11:20 AM
Where's Ryoma.....I Bet His Arrival Will Be Crazy And He Well Have Learned All New Moves

Crayola
August 04, 2007, 11:51 AM
How can Sanada walk around the net and give Tezuka a helping hand when he said he couldn't move his legs... Tezuka so should've won it, but once you saw all those flashbacks, you knew Tezuka lost already.

Fayte
August 04, 2007, 12:36 PM
The next match I believe will be as Sai said.

Inui/Kaidoh vs Renji/Yagyuu

My theory is both doubles teams on Rikkaidai have Synchro. I have a feeling Konomi will pull something out like "Renji and Yagyuu are Rikkaidai's TRUE ACE! when it comes to doubles!" *Synchro*~ Renji and Yagyuu seem to be the brains of Rikkai. One would assume they are good with working together.

Babii-Boo
August 04, 2007, 12:42 PM
How can Sanada walk around the net and give Tezuka a helping hand when he said he couldn't move his legs... Tezuka so should've won it, but once you saw all those flashbacks, you knew Tezuka lost already.

LOl!! Agreeee! Shouldn't Tezuka be the one to walk up to Sanada? Funny how as soon as the match finishes Sanada's able to stand/walk again. I mean, Tezuka only hurt his arm, not leg. Wouldn't it be less of a burden if Tezuka didn't raise his arm to shake Sanada's hand? Shouldn't it have been the other way round, with Tezuka standing up and Sanada raising his arm for the 'friendship - handshake'? XDDD I look too deeply into these things...

itachi2510
August 04, 2007, 01:08 PM
i really wanna see the inui/kaidoh pair play, they're just my favorite ones

alexlw92
August 04, 2007, 02:01 PM
so if seigaku's gonna use their "best", its gonna be

S3-Tezuka
D2-Inui-Kaidoh
S2-Fuji
D1-Kikumaru-Oishi
S1-Echizen

we know echizens gonna play, for sure, so that means out of the either Inui-Kaidoh, Fuji, or Kikumaru-Oishi would have to lose. i dont think konami will make fuji lose again, because that would be just mean, the golden pair needs to win sometime, as said by Sai a few posts ago, and i doubt konamis gonna do the same thing as in the kantou finals, where the first two up to play lose, and then the last three pwn them, so inui-kaidoh cant lose, and echizen needs to play, and i dont think they'll do the same thing as shintenhouji, where he plays an "unofficial point", becuz that would be too repetative. so.... whos gonna lose?

Sai_the_Shaman
August 04, 2007, 02:02 PM
I want to see an upgraded Yagyuu Laser Beam....mainly because thats a shot I can do in real life (I have a killer serve version too :D)

Bloodios
August 04, 2007, 03:26 PM
Hehehe.....
"I can't move my legs!"
At the time like that and he couldn't move, it proved that his legs are finished. Then he just stood up and walk over to Tezuka when the match ended, no significant motivation, probably doesn't any determination to walk over Tezuka anyway (one could break the limit of his body if he had enough determination and good motivations, I'm pretty sure after a match, there isn't anyone who has that much determination to walk to the other side), but he walked.

"Drop on the other side!"
Wow! Kungfu technique: Lion's Roar!
Is there anyone could yell loud and strong enough to push a ball with spin to the other side? Amazing!

"Seigaku will win! With that, Seigaku's era will be established once again!"
Boom! You lost!
All that yelling and he lost, isn't that a little too disappointed!

Oh well! That's why I love manga.

ss2miraitrunks
August 05, 2007, 06:23 AM
Who do you think Fuji will face? I hope it isn't Kirihara.

Fayte
August 05, 2007, 01:42 PM
Apparently word has it, there will be no PoT this week. I hope it isn't true.

Sai_the_Shaman
August 05, 2007, 01:44 PM
Sorry Fayte, it is, there is no Jump this week at all so by extension, no PoT either

Tezukafan
August 05, 2007, 03:37 PM
whattttt.....I'm surprised at the reaction to tezuka losing. People are rather indifferent. It seems like konomi's using tezuka as the equivalent of a goal that every other player has to surpass or something like that. I mean tezuka went from the unbeatable God of the tennis world image from the beginning of the manga to struggling through every match in the recent ones. I mean the whole manga his primary motivation was nationals...with the whole "pillar of seigaku" and stuff and then he goes there and loses. I mean Tezuka losing was way too predictable, but still....
anyway someone mentioned something about finding out the yukimura/tezuka match result in the next few chaps....my guess....it'll probably be yukimura....I mean we're used to how this works by now....right before ryoma plays someone, the opponent's all built up and stuff, so the rest of the flashback will probably be shown before the match towards the end of a chapter, and it'll be something along the lines of "what type of a monster is ryoma facing now"
don't get me wrong I like prince of tennis, just a bit agitated right now with the repetitiveness and the predictability.......

Fuji
August 05, 2007, 07:05 PM
Ok, I have some serious problems with this chapter.

1. I can deal with Tezuka losing, that is ok. But having him lose cause Sanada screamed the ball over the net? Come on... That is just lame...

2. The whole legs not working thing then he finds a way to lunge towards the ball and then walks around the net? No way, if his legs hurt, then say they hurt, not that they don't work...

As for predictions, I don't think doubles 2 will be Renji/Yagyuu. I think it will be Jackal and Marui. They are the established doubles 2 team for Rikkaidai. But I suppose the team that Rikkai has is determined by the team Seigaku has.

If Inui is in the team, Renji will play doubles. However I don't think he will be paired up with Yagyuu. I think he will be paired up with Niou. The reason I think that way is because with Niou's ability to see habits and Renji's data, it would be unstoppable. Plus that pair absolutely wasted Nagoya in the semi's 6-1 or something like that.

If Inui is not in the team then it should be Jackal and Marui for doubles 2.

As for who Fuji will face, I really hope he faces Renji and Kirihara is in reserve. The reason I hope that is because, another Kirihara vs. Fuji match would be kind of boring in my opinion. Fuji has Heta now and that would destroy Kirihara. Fuji's only real match at this point is Renji, and I think it would fit in with the whole "Big Three" philosophy that Konomi created with Yukimura, Sanada, and Renji. It makes sense that they would play all the singles matches since they were the driving force behind Rikkai's first two nationals titles.

But, knowing Konomi, he will throws us a curveball and put like Jackal and Kirihara in doubles 2 or something.... Wow that would be weird...

trikelandie
August 05, 2007, 09:05 PM
Although i knew Sanada would win... i was still disappointed on how konomi presented this manga. I would rather the match end in a tie or both tezuka and sanada would both forfeit in exhaustion...

I have to admit I did not really like how the way the match ended... i think it was lame
Anyway, i cannot wait to see the next match... i wonder who will it be?
Cannot wait!!

Real sad because Tezuka lost... he is my favourite!! :(

Moxio
August 05, 2007, 11:57 PM
Ok, I have some serious problems with this chapter.

1. I can deal with Tezuka losing, that is ok. But having him lose cause Sanada screamed the ball over the net? Come on... That is just lame...

2. The whole legs not working thing then he finds a way to lunge towards the ball and then walks around the net? No way, if his legs hurt, then say they hurt, not that they don't work...

As for predictions, I don't think doubles 2 will be Renji/Yagyuu. I think it will be Jackal and Marui. They are the established doubles 2 team for Rikkaidai. But I suppose the team that Rikkai has is determined by the team Seigaku has.

If Inui is in the team, Renji will play doubles. However I don't think he will be paired up with Yagyuu. I think he will be paired up with Niou. The reason I think that way is because with Niou's ability to see habits and Renji's data, it would be unstoppable. Plus that pair absolutely wasted Nagoya in the semi's 6-1 or something like that.

If Inui is not in the team then it should be Jackal and Marui for doubles 2.

As for who Fuji will face, I really hope he faces Renji and Kirihara is in reserve. The reason I hope that is because, another Kirihara vs. Fuji match would be kind of boring in my opinion. Fuji has Heta now and that would destroy Kirihara. Fuji's only real match at this point is Renji, and I think it would fit in with the whole "Big Three" philosophy that Konomi created with Yukimura, Sanada, and Renji. It makes sense that they would play all the singles matches since they were the driving force behind Rikkai's first two nationals titles.

But, knowing Konomi, he will throws us a curveball and put like Jackal and Kirihara in doubles 2 or something.... Wow that would be weird...

Yeah I'd like a Renji vs Fuji matchup also...

murani-san
August 06, 2007, 09:45 AM
I really didn't like the fact that Konomi built up the "pinnacles" to the point it was rather reasonable to assume that was the ultimate aim for tennis players especially with the talk thta Nanjirou Echizen was the only person to ever open all the doors and then turned around in the very next match and Sanada magically had 2 "locked" moves reserved especially for the pinnacles that totally outclassed them.

So if Yukimura was so confident he is superior to Tezuka what the hell does he possess that we don't know about. The only thing I can see that is above Tezuka's skills is the final door "pinnacle of perfection".

Please oh please let Fuji totally kick tail this time around. He has finally found his desire to win and has enhanced his ultimate moves. Fuji and Ryoma have to step up and prove to be equally strong monsters like Tezuka was.

excelsior
August 06, 2007, 11:54 AM
Well, I wouldn't say that muga no kyouchi and its pinnacles necessarily make you a superior tennis player to every player who does not have access to such things. After all, Fuji beat Akaya when the latter was using muga no kyouchi--and Fuji was blind at the time! Ha!

Seriously, though. They're just different kinds of abilities. The generic muga no kyouchi just lets you instinctively use any technique you have witnessed. The pinnacle of hard work lets you return balls with twice the power and spin. And the pinnacle of wisdom lets you, um, predict the future.

But the point is that these are just skills like any other skills, like FuuRinKaZan or the Cool Drive or the World of Ice. They're not necessarily better. The only underlying difference is the method of acquisition. FuuRinKaZan and the Cool Drive come from bodily training. The World of Ice is the product of Atobe honing his perceptive insight. And muga no kyouchi is weird mystical self-actualization bullshit. The fact that it's weird mystical self-actualization bullshit doesn't make it the best technique out there, in my opinion. It just makes it harder to come by.

Still, it seems like everyone and his mother can do it nowadays. Higuma Otoshi, too. When Fuji first used that, everyone was like "holy crap, he's a genius!"--but at least two other players can use it without being in SoSA. What's with that? Did he invent the counter first, after which the other geniuses simply copied it? Why didn't they copy tsubame gaeshi or hakugei? Eh...

VanFanel
August 06, 2007, 11:59 AM
Hehehe, everybody will disagree, but I think it would be really cool to make Echizen face Kirihara in S2 and Fuji destroy Yukimura in S1. Totally impossible, I know, as even Tezuka seems to have lost to Yukimura, but it would create less sensationalism.. this manga end is getting too "magical".

Fayte
August 06, 2007, 12:44 PM
The reason I think that way is because with Niou's ability to see habits

That is false. Anime only.

Fuji
August 06, 2007, 01:22 PM
That is false. Anime only.

You are right. I got them mixed up. I re-read the chapters on the Doubles 1 match of the Kantou Finals and I still think that team would be good. With Renji's Data, Niou's tricks can become all the more potent, he can plan them even further ahead making them last that much longer.

ss2miraitrunks
August 07, 2007, 04:05 PM
Fuji face Yukimura would be wicked.
But, thats never gonna happen..

Wish we saw fuji vs atobe too..

ScythedBlade
August 07, 2007, 08:20 PM
Seriously, I feel that Tezuka should win more matches than Echizen though ...

Echizen > Sanada

Sanada > Tezuka ....

So it's like Echizen > Tezuka ... but that shouldn't happen now T_T

Fayte
August 07, 2007, 09:41 PM
Actually, it is not Echizen > Sanada, because Sanada didn't even try against him.

dandy65
August 08, 2007, 01:58 AM
Seriously, I feel that Tezuka should win more matches than Echizen though ...

Echizen > Sanada

Sanada > Tezuka ....

So it's like Echizen > Tezuka ... but that shouldn't happen now T_T

Not really...Sanada is a counter for Tezuka's 2 doors, hence, he could win. Sanada also didn't necessarily use all his strength (for example, Rai) against Echizen.

But their strength level is quite similar, but in different ways, I guess.

-Echizen has the strength of finding a fix at the most last possible moment and magically overturn the game.

-Tezuka is consistent. However if you don't see him "pwn-ing" or evening out throughout the beginning (for example, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, or a straight 4-0,5-0) , he will lose.

-Sanada is confident and pummels opponents early game.

My prediction for the upcoming match-ups:

Echizen VS Yukimura (considering Tezuka gave up his S1 position, it shouldn't be Fuji taking S1)

Fuji VS Kirihara *(unfortunately, it might happen. Again.)

Inui/Kaidoh VS Renji/Yagyuu (cause it's cool)

hisiena
August 09, 2007, 10:58 PM
353 is a let down
but i predicted early on that tezuka will lose... just to say that rikkai is a strong team

whats going in my head is that d2 will be rikkai's coz i think that inui and kaido pair is still not enough
and yukimura just have to finish the game with s2 vs fuji (but i really hope fuji wins)
... and if fuji wins then golden pair just hafta win too
and echizen will come at the very last minute
to play against the new kirihara

i really dont care much about echizen
hes not cute at all

dokoham
August 09, 2007, 11:11 PM
no jump this week...:(

Fuji
August 10, 2007, 06:48 AM
Oh Crap that's right. I was looking forward to reading the new chapters too... Even though I was already told there was going to be no jump this week. Gah!! Damn stupidity!!

dandy65
August 11, 2007, 06:03 AM
I really can't wait for Echizen's match...can't wait to see what rubbish attacks he has come up with(again to be countered by his opponent mid-game, and he somehow gains strength to overcome the counter. A counter-counter)

I suppose he'll have his "Pinnacle of Perfection"...yeah yeah? :D And the POT boards are dead. Like.

-----Dirt ball rolls past-----

Dead.

Drew7898
August 12, 2007, 09:12 PM
I Bet Echizen's Arrival Will B Insane..........Like A Back Flip From A Airplane And Then Just Hits A Killer Serve

karriachinoryu
August 13, 2007, 05:49 PM
I don't read 2ch, but I heard from a friend of mine that it was announced over there that Doubles 2 would be Inui/Fuji vs. Renji/Yagyuu... can anyone confirm this? (And if it is true... wow. I did not see that coming. :blink)

Fayte
August 13, 2007, 07:46 PM
Inui and Fuji sounds pretty unlikely, because that would leave nobody capable of beating Kirihara.

gigantor21
August 13, 2007, 09:18 PM
^ Agreed. That just wouldn't make sense. And I'd much rather see Inui-Kaidou again, anyway.

dandy65
August 14, 2007, 09:57 AM
^ Agreed. That just wouldn't make sense. And I'd much rather see Inui-Kaidou again, anyway.

Of which betters the purpose of taking a darn loooooooooooong time for Echizen to arrive.

HikaruYami
August 14, 2007, 05:50 PM
yeah, I'd have to say that Kaidou/Inui pair, though somewhat repetitive, seems most likely. They've become somewhat of a perfect match for doubles over time, though I don't have to point that out to any of you guys.... Fuji really should be the one to pwn in singles 2....

However, if Kirihara ends up winning singles 2, it wouldn't be terrible anymore. He's become a decent guy, and regaining demon mode without being evil might be leading up to him beating whoever signs up for singles 2 in Fuji's place. This will give Fuji another chance to shine by winning Doubles 2 with Inui, and I actually like this way because IIRC, Rikkaidai ended up taking both doubles last time and Seigaku only one in singles. This way, Seigaku ends up taking both doubles (if the golden pair doesn't win this last match, Konomi has failed. Sorry, but it's true) showing how they've grown to be more accustomed to doubles, and along with winning singles 1 with Echizen they take the tournament.

anyway, that's how it would (almost definitely) turn out if karriachinoryu's friend is right. But I think kaidou/inui is a little more likely.

Atobe the king
August 15, 2007, 02:44 PM
When did Devil boy become a decent guy? in the Anime yeah but not the manga

freaky2
August 16, 2007, 03:04 AM
Well, this is becoming really too absurd, so I can say I just look forward to Fuji's game. And the Golden Pair's. And I think 12 is really too early to be beating "all the best players" and to achieve "all tennis players' ultimate goal" and all that. And it's surrealism to think that Japan has the best tennis players, I can put up with it, but not when it's this exagerated. Fuji is enough. Make him the main character, lol. And make him play S1. Only for the sake of looking real, of course.

dokoham
August 16, 2007, 04:01 AM
It seem Fuji is D2...:(
[hr]
テニス

・越前桃城到着

個人的に堀尾VS幸村が見たかったので残念です。堀尾の死体を見て越前覚醒イベントが発生するとか。

・記憶喪失越前

いきなり跡部様もビックリな展開に突入。意味が分かりません。

ああ、分かりました。堀尾の死体を見て越前の記憶が戻るわけですね。

・乾海堂VS柳切原

乾海堂ペアはもう見飽きたので注目するのは柳と切原。

それにしても豪華なダブルスですね。二人合わせてデビルマスター。

立海の残りのシングルスは幸村と誰だろう。実はすでに柳か切原に仁王が化けてる可能性はないんだろうか。

HikaruYami
August 16, 2007, 10:10 AM
hmm... I can see what you're saying, atobe, but for once I wasn't accidentally translating the anime into the manga. I meant that he's not completely evil anymore. He seems to have learned some kind of lesson from Fuji, as he decided that even once he regained demon mode to not constantly injure his opponent.

So he's still a jerk, but he's not a bastard. got it? That's all I meant.

and I guess the spoiler means my possibility will be true... unless kirihara is in d2 as well, which is unlikely.

dandy65
August 16, 2007, 10:47 AM
It seem Fuji is D2...:(
<hr noshade size="1">
テニス

・越前桃城到着

個人的に堀尾VS幸村が見たかったので残念です。堀尾の死体を見て越前覚醒イベントが発生するとか。

・記憶喪失越前

いきなり跡部様もビックリな展開に突入。意味が分かりません。

ああ、分かりました。堀尾の死体を見て越前の記憶が戻るわけですね。

・乾海堂VS柳切原

乾海堂ペアはもう見飽きたので注目するのは柳と切原。

それにしても豪華なダブルスですね。二人合わせてデビルマスター。

立海の残りのシングルスは幸村と誰だろう。実はすでに柳か切原に仁王が化けてる可能性はないんだろうか。

I can see some form of Echizen having amnesia, or something in that sense, Inui/Kaidoh VS Renji/Kirihara(wtf unless it's the golfguy/Kirihara)

Maybe Yukimura against Horio. Yeah. I think i'm seeing things today..-.-

dokoham
August 16, 2007, 12:08 PM
Yukimura against Horio???

whatsntomake
August 16, 2007, 01:30 PM
I don't think akira will be playing this match, after all he got pretty beat up in his previous tennis match.

Fayte
August 16, 2007, 02:55 PM
^ Good luck with that anime being exciting.

karriachinoryu
August 16, 2007, 03:54 PM
I can see some form of Echizen having amnesia, or something in that sense, Inui/Kaidoh VS Renji/Kirihara(wtf unless it's the golfguy/Kirihara)

Maybe Yukimura against Horio. Yeah. I think i'm seeing things today..-.-

I agree... that's what I'm seeing, too. And it is Renji/Kirihara, not Yagyuu/Kirihara. (Also, Yagyuu only plays golf in the anime, not the manga.)

I have no idea what to make of this, though... I mean, Ryoma having amnesia? Does it say something about him regaining his memory by the end of the chapter?

dokoham
August 16, 2007, 10:13 PM
i guess he is Nioh not Kirihara

lol~

Fayte
August 17, 2007, 12:56 AM
I'm hoping it is Renji and Yagyuu. Kirihara in doubles is just silly.

Sai_the_Shaman
August 17, 2007, 03:52 AM
dokoham.....I don't believe that was an actual spoiler. It looks more to be a discussion of what the author wishes to happen. from a quick glance it says that Ryoma and Momoshiro arrive. But they arrive too late and come to see Horio killed by Yukimura (literally killed it seems). Then it goes to how it flash backs to the D2 match of Renji/Kirihara vs. Inui/Kaidou and how they lost that due to Kirihara obtaining "Devil Master" mode.

dandy65
August 17, 2007, 06:03 AM
Not fun if it's too realistic! Make splendidly fictional moves, blast the ball into two! That's where the fun is...if not, it's just another real-life re-enactment of a great tennis player's life, where you can find in video tapes.

dandy65
August 17, 2007, 06:04 AM
堀尾VS幸村

Horio VS Yukimura. I see "death" inside too. Absurdly hilarious :D

Fuji
August 17, 2007, 07:19 AM
I really hope that doesn't happen. That would be stupid anyway, even if Echizen didn't arrive in time, there are plenty of other regulars that could still play instead of him.

I guess we will just have to wait for the raw.

marourin
August 17, 2007, 09:18 AM
I'm not sure where it was released, by the line up is (I'm pretty sure)

S3: Tezuka versus Sanada (...was SO pissed off at Tezuka being S3 -_-; )
D2: Inui Kaidoh versus Renji Kirhara
S2:Fuji versus Niou
D1: Oishi Kikumaru versus (...forgot? Think it's Jackal Marui)
S1: Echizen versus Yukimura]

HikaruYami
August 17, 2007, 10:48 AM
Horio vs. Yukimura XD

that can't happen, though, so it's clearly a fake spoiler.

though Horio finally being killed at the end of the series WOULD be nice....

Also, Kirihara in d2 is even more unlikely than instantly switching into s1 for a horio vs. yukimura match in which yukimura literally kills horio. seriously.

Fayte
August 17, 2007, 03:06 PM
How the heck can you kill somebody in tennis? Unless Yukimura constantly hits his throat at 130 mph.

bax
August 17, 2007, 04:58 PM
The RAW is out guys!!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16898)!!

Happy discussing ^^

FuuRinKaInZan
August 17, 2007, 05:49 PM
i guess the spoilers were true when ehichizen lost his memory. kirihara playing doubles is another suprise. i guess fuji wont be playing him again. i wonder who will face fuji?

Sai_the_Shaman
August 17, 2007, 06:07 PM
Wow, this chapter was kind of shocking....who would've guessed the spoiler was actually right....

I have a theory that the amnesia is part of acquiring Ten'imuhou no Kiwami and that he'll snap out of it in the middle of his match with Yukimura

as for D2, Inui and Kaidou are sure to lose. However, I love Inui's line of finally determining who the "man" is in his relationship with Renji. It's hilarious

Crayola
August 17, 2007, 11:44 PM
LOL, but if they lose, it's just like the kantou finals. At least I believe it was kantoui finals. Where it was 2 losses, and then outta nowhere, they bust out three straight wins.

Slippers
August 18, 2007, 12:58 AM
Wow
Interesting chapter
Didn't read the spoilers for this one, so it was quite a shock
Echizen losing his memory, maybe it has to do with the Ten'imuhou no Kiwami he supposedly went through, but I guess we wont know until he recovers from amnesia :P

ss2miraitrunks
August 18, 2007, 01:03 AM
Whoever Fuji faces, he will make short work with them, unless it is Yukimura.
He would still beat Yukimura, but it would be an intense match.

*sigh*
the odds of Fuji facing Yukimura is like .00001%

So Fuji's match is probablly gonna be boring. =\

Sai_the_Shaman
August 18, 2007, 01:57 AM
D2 will probably be short work. With Kirihara upgraded, I'm sure that he'll pwn both Kaidou and Inui. THough as usual there will be a short comeback by Inui and Kaidou.

As for S2, Fuji will probably face Niou. I think that match will be awesome since Niou is so enigmatic and devilish.

D1 I can't wait for because it will probably end up as Golden Pair againt Yagyuu and Marui. and I like all 4 of those characters a lot.

S1 I have a theory for. Ryoma has Amnesia related to obtaining Ten'imuhou. The reason is because Ten'imuhou is the highest pinnacle of Mugo no Kyouchi. I know Muga no Kyouchi is often called the "state of self actualization" but I hate that translation of it. It should be more accurately called the "State of Self Effacement" (or more simply "State of No-self"). Thus to reach the perfection of that state you must first completely forget yourself entirely. Which is why Ryoma has amnesia.

Now for the actual match, he will go into it not knowing a thing and getting completely destroyed by Yukimura, but in the middle of losing we get a flashback to Karuizawa and see Nanjirou training Ryoma for Ten'imuhou. Then Bam! Ryoma awakens with Ten'imuhou and the match goes on with him winning.

Aly
August 18, 2007, 02:42 AM
I like your theory Sai =3

It's definitely the most plausible answer to these unexpected turns of events and considering who Ryoma is likely to be playing next, necessary.

Atobe's serious face and "Just what the hell went on in Karuizawa" line implies that something "big" happened there as well. In my opinion it can basically be interpreted as a foreshadowing.

Since each time a player goes into Muga no Kyouchi they don't really/exactly remember anything that occured after it was activated, perhaps reaching the ultimate pinnacle of that technique heightens that effect to the point to amnesia.

I also like the idea of Ryoma training with his target/father ^_^

Also, I had a lot of misgivings about the cocky Ryoma going up against the gentle (even though it's not on the court) Yukimura. I just thought it seemed unbalanced in the way of modesty and like Yukimura outclassed (hmm not sure if that's the right word) in some way :amuse Ryoma's amnesia-ed self, not being cocky, will hopefully provide some humorous moments as well ^_^

I think his father will also be present at the Ryoma vs Yukimura match.
That should be fun~

freaky2
August 18, 2007, 03:27 AM
How the heck can you kill somebody in prince of tennis? Unless Yukimura constantly hits his throat at 130 mph.
You can.

whatsntomake
August 18, 2007, 03:57 AM
This reminds me of the anime ... where echizen gets all humble. Anyways a non cocky echizen is quite hilarious.

dandy65
August 18, 2007, 04:09 AM
Roflcopter. I guess the last spoiler was quite true.

dandy65
August 18, 2007, 04:23 AM
Oops. The teaming (Renji Kirihara VS Inui Kaidoh) was real and so was Echizen's ammnesia...does that mean HORIO REALLY DIES? Hahahhaa:D

mizu172
August 18, 2007, 04:24 AM
whaat? this is really shocking o_o what's wrong with my ryoma??? :( *sob* hope his memory comes back! <33

Requiem
August 18, 2007, 05:08 AM
Yanagi/Kirihara is in the same a shoking and a very predictable line-up imo : both of them lost against Seigaku, so a win in D2 (come on, they are Rikkai, they can't always lose) is very possible

maybe a little disappointed for seigaku's pair, I mean that is too early for Inui/Kaido pair, my prediction (counting Tezuka' lost) was Golden Pair's turn to play, but now the storyboard is gonna be the same as in the Kantou Final (2 lose then 3 wins) or mayb Konomi are thinking to let Rikkai get their third consecutive championsihp ?

now for prediction :

S2 Fuji Vs Marui (the self-proclaimed Tensai of the Rikkai, but I have always considered him the weakest of Rikkai)

D1 Oishi/Kikumaru Vs Yagyu/Niou (despite that I really would like to see Yagyu or Niou in single, the Golden Pair have to win this rematch to prove they are the Best Double)

S1 Echizen Vs Yukimura (as Sai said : Yukimura will pwn Echizen, then Echizen with PoP will put a GOOD fight but Yukimura wins :P)

whatsntomake
August 18, 2007, 10:43 AM
Actually this kinda sounds like Echizen hit his head while climbing on the helicopter, after all didn't he call Oishi a few chapters ago and tell him where he was at and he was also dressed in his regular clothes, unless Momo and Atobe have a clothes fetish with their insight hmmm.....

taniquetil
August 18, 2007, 11:11 AM
That means Fuji's match isn't going to be really cool either. He'll just pull out his Final Counter and destroy whoever.

On the other hand, Seigaku's definitely in for it now, since Yanagi is probably a lot better after the Kantou tournament and Devil Akaya could probably kill someone now. Maybe Kaido will end up like Taka and pull out something ridiculous as his last shot before he passes out. Like...Boomerang Snake serve that curves so much is hits the person at the net.

Crayola
August 18, 2007, 12:05 PM
Actually this kinda sounds like Echizen hit his head while climbing on the helicopter, after all didn't he call Oishi a few chapters ago and tell him where he was at and he was also dressed in his regular clothes, unless Momo and Atobe have a clothes fetish with their insight hmmm.....

Well, we don't know if Echizen RYOMA made the call. Coach Ryuzzaki got a call saying he was in Karuizawa and is stuck on a train or something. She said she got a call from Echizen, not really specifying that it was Ryoma. So chances are that it was Nanjirou taht amde the call.

Fayte
August 18, 2007, 12:54 PM
Man, Sai is on the mark lately. Beating me to it :P

What Sai said about the Pinnacle of Perfection is exactly right. If you remember what Sanada said back in Kantou, about SoSA. He said "My heart has become empty, It is empty because there is nothing." He is in a state of nothingness. The fact that PoP is just the final stage of SoSA, losing one's self is needed to achieve this. That way no emotion gets in the way of your complete concentration on tennis.

As for the lineup. The fact Konomi went in this direction shows me that the lineup I am showing, is most likely 96% correct.

S3: Sanada vs Tezuka
D2: Renji/Akaya vs Inui/Kaidoh
S2: Niou(Yagyuu?) vs Fuji
D1: Marui/Jackal vs Oishi/Eiji
S1: Yukimura vs Echizen

The reason why I put Yagyuu next to Niou is because there is a chance that Niou was Yagyuu since the finals started, and vice sub versa.

Atobe the king
August 18, 2007, 06:17 PM
Fayte when you say yagyu and Niou do you mean like how he and Kaidoh switched?

Anyway kirihara bloodying Kaidoh was badass, im still under the impression that Lilaiden Krauser is dead:amuse, this puts Kirihara in league with Ryoma, Gin, Kawamura, And Kintarou as the people who can kill you with techniques

The whole "bitch in relationship" between Renji and Inui was funny as well

As for Ryoma, i haven't seen him this humble sinse Sanada trounced him in the filler, i guess the PoP theory is unanimous, i was thinking the same as well, guess Konomi made it way too obvious

Fayte
August 18, 2007, 08:24 PM
Fayte when you say yagyu and Niou do you mean like how he and Kaidoh switched?

Anyway kirihara bloodying Kaidoh was badass, im still under the impression that Lilaiden Krauser is dead:amuse, this puts Kirihara in league with Ryoma, Gin, Kawamura, And Kintarou as the people who can kill you with techniques

The whole "bitch in relationship" between Renji and Inui was funny as well

As for Ryoma, i haven't seen him this humble sinse Sanada trounced him in the filler, i guess the PoP theory is unanimous, i was thinking the same as well, guess Konomi made it way too obvious

Have you seen the manga version of Seigaku vs Rikkaidai, Doubles 1? Niou and Yagyuu switched disguises.

Atobe the king
August 18, 2007, 08:37 PM
How the heck can you kill somebody in tennis? Unless Yukimura constantly hits his throat at 130 mph.

LOL Fayte, Kintaro and Gin Ishida would like a word

Atobe the king
August 18, 2007, 08:40 PM
Oh i skipped them in the manga, i heard it was such an blowout i skipped D2, and D1 and went straight to S3,S2, and S1

gigantor21
August 18, 2007, 08:43 PM
^ Nah, Gin takes too much internal damage to use the lethal styles. And he's not so immature that he'd use it just for the sake of winning the match. Tooyama, on the other hand, has both "Prodigal Immunity" and no sense of responsibility, so he's the one you have to watch out for.