PDA

View Full Version : Shounen The Prince of Tennis by Konomi Takeshi

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

potrealm
October 22, 2007, 12:23 AM
http://manga.bleachexile.com has all the volumes of PoTT.

alexlw92
October 22, 2007, 03:08 AM
onemanga.com uploaded all the PoT chapters

alexlw92
October 22, 2007, 03:12 AM
my theory is that rikkai wants to make the win more dramatic, to get revenge on seigaku. they use their best players first (2 out of the 3 demons, and their junior ace) in the first two rounds, and the best middle school tennis player, yukimura last. that way, they win the first two, lose the second two, and then yukimura destroys whoevers in singles one, getting them the win.

dduck
October 22, 2007, 04:23 PM
Fuji is playing with his eyes closed and not his normal partially closed.

And he's not using Tezuka zone.
More so, it's like when he played Kirihara. Fuji is currently *sensing* the ball. And because he knows what is happening, and his body is at a zen like state with the game he can NOT be tricked.

Hense forth Niou's Saiki can't predict Fuji, because it's Fuji that predicts him.
And eventually the 6th and final counter will come out (i hope!)

VanFanel
October 22, 2007, 05:26 PM
The 6th counter will be the first thing in next chapter. Ch 362 ends with him at position already, thinking something like "since it´s so important, and the time is bad, i´ll have to use it now". and the last page is exactly fuji standing at a position to do something different. Next will be the end of this game. Hope he wins, although there's no much time for 2 games if there are really only four or five chapters left

Fosprey
October 22, 2007, 07:39 PM
if there is only four chapters left it's obvious what it's going to happen.
This game last two more, fuji lost and two more chaperts as fillers.
pot ends. Rikkadai is the champion gg.
(it will be lame if we don't see yukimura play, it's the only thing i expect from pot right now)

if five games are left then it's pretty easy too.

the game ends next chapter. Fuji lost. Still yukimara and ryoma plays. Ryoma wins and he proves himself as the best player. He laugs at seigaku for losing, after all he didn't care for seigaku.

Really it's impossible to end pot in 5 otherwise.

hatsuharupeace
October 23, 2007, 04:36 AM
check out the evil empire, they have loads of manga : http://the-evil-empire.net/

HikaruYami
October 23, 2007, 06:54 AM
lack of illness wouldn't make him stronger than Yukimura. Unless Yukimura is actually weaker now than he was before, Niou would stay just under or right at his level. And there's no way Yuki-sama's weaker than before! He's, I'm sure, been practicing his ass off like Tezuka since he recovered~ for all I know, Yuki's playstyle might be even more dangerous to his body that Tezuka's, making it so Niou can't possibly hope to copy anything he does.

Sherlock Holmes
October 23, 2007, 08:30 AM
Not true. Maybe something likes this happens:
*Fuji wins*
*Golden pair wins*
*Yukimira and Ryoma play*
*Ryoma says "mada mada dane"*
*The end(nope,they don't show Ryoma vs Yukimira match at all,just him saying mada mada dane)*

alexlw92
October 23, 2007, 10:22 PM
if that happens, you can start digging konomis grave now.

its too shaman king-ish. people were pissed about that too

and judging by the rest of the series, if they did that, they would get the score to 6-6, tiebreak 7-7, and then the series would end, with no winner

but thats highly unlikely, becuz ryoma lost his memory, there has to be an explanation for that in the match
==========================
just a side note, for anyone that watches heroes, isnt monica dawson (the black girl in new orleans) 's powers basically muga no kyouchi?

dandy65
October 24, 2007, 07:01 AM
if that happens, you can start digging konomis grave now.

its too shaman king-ish. people were pissed about that too

and judging by the rest of the series, if they did that, they would get the score to 6-6, tiebreak 7-7, and then the series would end, with no winner

but thats highly unlikely, becuz ryoma lost his memory, there has to be an explanation for that in the match
just a side note, for anyone that watches heroes, isnt monica dawson (the black girl in new orleans) 's powers basically muga no kyouchi?

When I saw Shaman King last episode, this was my reaction :

o.o

No winner ending is stoopid :| Is sad. Is annoying. Is bad.
---
Ahh don't spoil it for me! I haven't started watching season 2 :'(

alexlw92
October 24, 2007, 11:24 AM
sry...
season 2s already getting pretty good. go watch it now!!! (heroes, i mean)

KuwabaraTheMan
October 24, 2007, 11:33 AM
Also, we don't have 2 weeks for Fuji to unveil a new move! The series is ending SOON!

Prince of Tennis ending turned out to be a false rumor. The rumor said that Belmonde would end in Issue 48, Hero Research in 49, and Prince of Tennis in 52.

But the TOC for Issue 48 is out, and there's nothing mentioned about Belmonde ending.

Combined with the fact that Konomi clearly hasn't been rushing towards an ending, it's clear the manga isn't ending in 5 weeks.

dandy65
October 24, 2007, 11:09 PM
Well. this is pretty interesting.

SPOILERS! :D:D

Credits : cnxhlc from ikunlun

Genius363
闭上了眼在心里我还是想着你
Close my eyes and I still think of you in my heart

不二那家伙 竟然闭着眼打球!?
Fuji that guy, actually closed his eyes and played!?

『才气焕发之极』被打破了ーーっ!!
Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami has been beaten~~!!

GAME不二 6-5!!
GAMEFUJI 6-5! !

仁王「手塚国光也意外的不怎么好用吗」
Niou : Tezuka is incidentally not very useful anymore huh...

仁王「…布里」
Niou : ...Puri

那 那个是四天宝寺中的白石呀!?
Tha-That's Shitenhouji's Shiraishi! ?

不二「第6重回击球『星花火』…」
Fuji : The 6th counter, Star Fire (<--? I don't know the Jap name for this.But that's what it is)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/cnxhlc/up235136.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/cnxhlc/up235148.jpg
Enjoy looool.

FuuRinKaInZan
October 25, 2007, 12:02 AM
The guy who Niou turned into should bring back bad memories for fuji. Now we get to see who really would have won if fuji played serious from the beginning.

dokoham
October 25, 2007, 12:09 AM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/cnxhlc/up235136.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/cnxhlc/up235148.jpg
[hr]
Genius363
瞳を閉じて心のまま僕は君を想う

不二の奴 瞳を閉じてラリーを!?

『才気煥発のキワミ』を打ち破ったぁーーっ!!

ゲーム不二 6-5!!

臭う「手塚国光ってのも意外と使えんぜよ」

臭う「…プリッ」

あ あれは四天宝寺中の白石じゃ!?

不二「第6の返し球『星花火』…」

alexlw92
October 25, 2007, 01:21 AM
thanksthanksthanks

i wanna see star fire

and i wanna see niou getting raped by it. hes too...umm...copycat. srsly, how does he copy perfect tennis?!

Sai_the_Shaman
October 25, 2007, 01:46 AM
Genius363
瞳を閉じて心のまま僕は君を想う
With my eye's closed I think of you from my heart

不二の奴 瞳を閉じてラリーを!?
That bastard Fuji, he's rallying with his eyes closed!?

『才気煥発のキワミ』を打ち破ったぁーーっ!!
He's hit through "saikikanpatsu no Kiwami"!!

ゲーム不二 6-5!!
Game Fuji 6-5

臭う「手塚国光ってのも意外と使えんぜよ」
Niou: It seems Tezuka Kunimitsu has unexpectedly lost his use

臭う「…プリッ」
Niou: Puri

あ あれは四天宝寺中の白石じゃ!?
Th...thats Shitenhouji Chuu's Shiraishi!?

不二「第6の返し球『星花火』…」
Fuji: 6th Counter "Star Fireworks" (Hoshi Hanabi or Sei Hanabi....or soemthing else all together)
(TN: Hoshi=Star and Hanabi=fireworks...without the furigana don't know the exact reading. However, the 3 kanji are Star Flower Fire, flower and fire together is usually read as hanabi or fireworks)

alexlw92
October 25, 2007, 04:30 AM
idea: what if, after playing shiraishi, he wanted revenge on him, so he developed a new counter to use against him when they next played

rtyd1
October 25, 2007, 05:11 AM
Prince of Tennis ending turned out to be a false rumor. The rumor said that Belmonde would end in Issue 48, Hero Research in 49, and Prince of Tennis in 52.

But the TOC for Issue 48 is out, and there's nothing mentioned about Belmonde ending.

Combined with the fact that Konomi clearly hasn't been rushing towards an ending, it's clear the manga isn't ending in 5 weeks.

So POT could continue past the nationals or will it be ending after the Nationals.
Plus if Konomi had Fuji lose the manga could be ending soon
Fuji's 6th counter sounds like the move Niou used in Inui's dream, Meteor Drive

HikaruYami
October 25, 2007, 09:59 AM
Oh, it's not ending early?! Sweet!! Thanks VERY much for that info, Hinate Fan (I haven't been looking up on it at all), I guess Konomi can take as long as he wants now!

ShinobiFFS
October 25, 2007, 10:32 AM
星花火
他清澈的声音,吐出三个字
众人忽而眼前一亮,又立刻柔和下去
满天流星,如烟花绽放,如火花绚烂
那是何等壮观
又是何等浪漫
他却是冷的
他吐出如此温婉缠绵的三个字,微笑着,表情却寒冷刺骨
他举起拍
球呢
那不重要
重要的是那一瞬间,明明晴朗的天,忽而乌云蔽日
他美丽的脸陷入一片阴暗
人心惶惶
他依旧微笑着,睁开双眼,在一片黑云笼罩下,寒气逼人
那一瞬间,众人害怕起来
怕得想像恐龙一样逃跑
他再次张开了口,说

砸死你

checked babel fish, first part seems like an explanation for 6th counter...

Atobe the king
October 25, 2007, 11:09 AM
Nioh turning into shiraishi? in a fighting ANime that would be cool, but in a series about hard working individuals its kind of displeasing

Sherlock Holmes
October 25, 2007, 11:22 AM
It seems that konomi is using this match to make fuji defeat every single person he has ever lost to. Tezuka in the anime, Shiraichi in the manga....will niou become Ryoma in the end?
He didn't defeat fuji but he was the first one to break his counter....it would be cool to see Echizen vs Fuji.

Hisoka
October 25, 2007, 06:11 PM
why would that be funny? the way i see it ryoma can't even hope to get a game from fuji.

krazy_k
October 25, 2007, 06:31 PM
doesn't niou go shiraishi next chapter?

VanFanel
October 25, 2007, 09:28 PM
LOL
Monica Dawson has Sharingan, mistery solved =P
*And the new blondie girl that came from Veronica Mars has Chidori hahaha

dokoham
October 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/cnxhlc/up235128.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/cnxhlc/up235286.jpg

Sai_the_Shaman
October 25, 2007, 10:55 PM
by the last pic I can say that the 6th counter is indeed Hoshi Hanabi which is Star Fireworks

Sai_the_Shaman
October 25, 2007, 11:02 PM
Please get back to the topic. While heroes is a good show, it has its own thread in general entertainment

Crayola
October 26, 2007, 12:58 AM
hmmm 6th counter... that seems to me to leave room for a seventh since he doesn't say "final" like he did when he unleashed gatekeeper

Hyde
October 26, 2007, 03:41 AM
why would that be funny? the way i see it ryoma can't even hope to get a game from fuji.

Maybe because he's probably mastered the final door and pwn everything? (let's face it, with this few chapters left, he has to win 6-0 (if he somehow plays).)
Don't forget he cannot lose (when we can see, at least).

rtyd1
October 26, 2007, 06:45 AM
Is it just me or do Fuji's eyes look weirder than usual in the last pic
POT is not ending in a few weeks the info turned out to be false, Konomi has enough time to finish the nationals at least

Sherlock Holmes
October 26, 2007, 09:53 AM
Is it just me or do Fuji's eyes look weirder than usual in the last pic
POT is not ending in a few weeks the info turned out to be false, Konomi has enough time to finish the nationals at least

or even make the All-japan tournament. We still need Echizen vs Tezuka!(...but as for that match I expect something like they meet in the last chapter,start having flashbacks, start to play,ryoma says "Mada mada......Dane." and then we never actually see Echizen and tezuka playing.

And as for fuji's eyes....get used to it. In every manga,in the last chapters, at least one character gets weird eyes.

V3gas
October 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
or even make the All-japan tournament. We still need Echizen vs Tezuka!(...but as for that match I expect something like they meet in the last chapter,start having flashbacks, start to play,ryoma says "Mada mada......Dane." and then we never actually see Echizen and tezuka playing.

And as for fuji's eyes....get used to it. In every manga,in the last chapters, at least one character gets weird eyes.

I thought All-japan tournament was the same as the Nationals..?

Sai_the_Shaman
October 26, 2007, 01:39 PM
RAW is Out!!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20463)!!!

More Fuji vs Niou Action and 6th COUNTER!!!!

Happy discussing

Requiem
October 26, 2007, 02:20 PM
as we can see, Niou is copying two of the strongest left-handed player of the National

Donkey Show
October 26, 2007, 02:28 PM
Fuji looks pumped. This is awesome.

Sherlock Holmes
October 26, 2007, 03:03 PM
I thought All-japan tournament was the same as the Nationals..?

Oh I didn't mean that,I meant...I forgot,but it was some other tournament that was important...oh that anime thing,it would be cool to see that in the manga.
...or not.

But we need a tezuka vs ryoma match!

hyl
October 26, 2007, 03:09 PM
Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but Niou is left handed himself and he is copying 2 lefties. Maybe his ability is limited to lefties because in his doubles match with yagyuu his "laserbeam"was slower than yagyuu's according to everyone (or he didn't even try to copy yagyuu).Could be a coincedence though that he is copying 2 lefties (Ryoma might still be copied :p).

Requiem
October 26, 2007, 04:06 PM
chitose is a lefty too

rtyd1
October 26, 2007, 05:59 PM
I think you meant a tournament between the top players in japan instead of the teams like in the nationals
Or did you mean the school ranking tournament

Atobe the king
October 26, 2007, 06:05 PM

Fuji fanboy huh?

Lets see, Shiraishi stated Kin-chan is the best on their team, Ryoma was on par with Kin Chan

Where Fayte his sig is made of win (it says fujis IS NOT the best)

rtyd1
October 26, 2007, 06:16 PM
As far as we know Kintarou did not play all out like Ryoma, he might even have opened the 2nd door of Muga as Chitose from Shitehoji said he was the closest to PoP before Tezuka pwnd him

rtyd1
October 26, 2007, 06:20 PM
Fuji said 6th counter didn't he, that means there is still the final counter to come

BearBear
October 26, 2007, 06:21 PM
7-5 for Fuji

rtyd1
October 26, 2007, 06:28 PM
7-5 for Fuji

What ! has Fuji won already

Sai_the_Shaman
October 26, 2007, 06:31 PM
No I think 7-5 is the prediction for next chapter

rtyd1
October 26, 2007, 06:37 PM
Oh, I predict Fuji will beat Shirashi-Niou with the 6th counter, then Niou will turn into Chitose (or Ryoma) and Fuji uses the 7th and final counter to will 7-6

murani-san
October 26, 2007, 06:43 PM
The way that Fuji has grown the techniques used by Shitenhouji’s Shiraishi will be useless. That is the critical flaw in Niou's plan. He is trying to use a guy's techniques that just barely beat Fuji and Fuji has grown tremendously since the semifinal match so Niou should get totally outplayed by Fuji.

Plus the translation says Fuji has wrenched open a new door and I think its one that only he can with his heightened "sensitivity". The story should just go 7-5 Fuji with him winning convincingly especially after even Sanada referred to him as a true genius. This type of victory would put Fuji back up on the level of Tezuka, Sanada, Yukimura, Ryoma and barely winning against a guy who copies other techniques wouldn't do him justice. I sense this really is a redemption match for Fuji because he has finally found the fire to compete at his highest level at all times now and not let his soft heart stop him from dominating opponents he should.

MCalamari
October 26, 2007, 10:44 PM
I'm a bit disappointed by the end of this chapter. If you think about it, Niou possesses the highest level of SOSA we've seen so far. He can copy almost all of Tezuka, including Tezuka Zone, Tezuka Phantom, Pinnacle of Hardwork, and Pinnacle of Wisdom.

That being said, I'm sure he could copy the move set that have really put Fuji in a corner before... nope not Shirashi's, but Sanada's. Remember when Kirihara copied some of Sanada's moves at the Kanto finals and nearly blew away Fuji except that Kirihara couldn't handle them himself (I think he did Fire well, but messed up on Wind). Like somebody said before, Shirashi barely beat Fuji and really had no more tricks up his sleeve, so copying him isn't much of an improvement. A bit of a plothole fairy to make sure Fuji wins, but I guess I want to see the next matches too.

Ruzz
October 26, 2007, 11:59 PM
^I think Kirihara did Fire well the first time but messed it up the second time, didn't use wind at all. Anyway that would be boring imo...mimicking tezuka...then sanada who both just played against each other. Shiraishi...an interesting twist.

Btw I did a little translation on fuji's 6th counter Hoshi Hanabi it means something similar to "Star Fireworks" Wonder what it does :P

Sai_the_Shaman
October 27, 2007, 12:11 AM
^I think Kirihara did Fire well the first time but messed it up the second time, didn't use wind at all. Anyway that would be boring imo...mimicking tezuka...then sanada who both just played against each other. Shiraishi...an interesting twist.

Btw I did a little translation on fuji's 6th counter Hoshi Hanabi it means something similar to "Star Fireworks" Wonder what it does :P

Lol, yeah it's star fireworks, I guess Crayola forgot to add the note on the name.

rtyd1
October 27, 2007, 07:01 AM
^I think Kirihara did Fire well the first time but messed it up the second time, didn't use wind at all.

If you see the chapter where Fuji defeats Kirihara he is in position to use the wind

Star Fireworks sounds like the Meteo Drive tech in Inui's dream

rurounichristian99
October 27, 2007, 10:13 AM
The only thing we've seen that can be applied to a Fuji-Sanada match is Kirihara's SOSA-copied Fire. (He also used Laser Beam, Bell Hit, and Kamaitachi, but no Wind). We already know that with the "Closed Eye" Fuji can return Fire using the side of the racket. So, in no way have we seen Sanada's skill set come close to besting Fuji. I would really like to see a match between them tho.

So it looks like the conclusion of Fuji v. "Tezuka" is that if Fuji doesn't use his counters, Hyakuren can be practically sealed off like in the Chitose-Tezuka match, and with Closed Eye he can surpass Saiki (I'm guessing Tezuka Zone is also similarly nullified). Tho even with all this, we can't really say Fuji has surpassed Tezuka bc of shots like Zero Shiki Drop and Serve, but "Tezuka" to the extent Niou can copy him is not better than Fuji. I think it's obvious that Fuji will beat a Shiraishi copy, like it's been said, Shiraishi used all the tricks he had to beat Fuji, and just won. Since it took him 6 or so games to defeat the 5th Counter. the 6th Counter takes the next game and Fuji wins 7-5.

Atobe the king
October 27, 2007, 11:23 AM
The only thing we've seen that can be applied to a Fuji-Sanada match is Kirihara's SOSA-copied Fire. (He also used Laser Beam, Bell Hit, and Kamaitachi, but no Wind). We already know that with the "Closed Eye" Fuji can return Fire using the side of the racket. So, in no way have we seen Sanada's skill set come close to besting Fuji. I would really like to see a match between them tho.

So it looks like the conclusion of Fuji v. "Tezuka" is that if Fuji doesn't use his counters, Hyakuren can be practically sealed off like in the Chitose-Tezuka match, and with Closed Eye he can surpass Saiki (I'm guessing Tezuka Zone is also similarly nullified). Tho even with all this, we can't really say Fuji has surpassed Tezuka bc of shots like Zero Shiki Drop and Serve, but "Tezuka" to the extent Niou can copy him is not better than Fuji. I think it's obvious that Fuji will beat a Shiraishi copy, like it's been said, Shiraishi used all the tricks he had to beat Fuji, and just won. Since it took him 6 or so games to defeat the 5th Counter. the 6th Counter takes the next game and Fuji wins 7-5.

I hope your not implying Fuji can Beat Sanada

Kirihara didn't have th power to handle Ka (fire)

And fuji didn't return it with the frame on his own, Ryoma had to tell him too

Sai_the_Shaman
October 27, 2007, 12:35 PM
I thought I'd make a analysis contribution to this last chapter.

Closed Eyes can beat Saikikanpatsu because Fuji isn't trying to devise any sort of plans or strategies on how to play out the point. He is only hitting the balls as they come to him. Because of that, Saikikanpatsu has nothing to make point predictions on. (it would be interesting to see the effects In, Koori no Sekai and Closed Eyes have against each other in a match...we can probably make a thread about it)

another interesting note on the 6th counter. This time when fuji announced it, he didn't use english when he said "sixth". Usually, for Triple, fourth and Fifth/Final he has used the english ways of saying them (and not saying the real readings of the kanji). However, this time he says, Dai Roku no "Counter", instead of saying Sixth (which would've been denoted by furigana on the kanji). I was wondering if all new counters here on out would be like that...and if it might signify something.

I know a lot of people were complaining about why Niou chose Shiraishi isntead of Sanada or Yukimura, but it does work well to Niou's persona of "trickster/swindler of the court". He likes to play mind games and because of that, he chose Shiraishi, the only person in the series to truly beat Fuji in an official match. He was hoping that choosing Shiraishi would shake Fuji up because of his prior defeat. He wasn't expecting Fuji to be tough about it with his "I never lose twice to the same person" line.

Lastly, it will be interesting to see what Hoshi Hanabi is...I assume something even more impossible and spectacular than all the other counters simply because of the name. By the name I can actually see it being like Meteo/Meteor Drive but with the ball exploding in mid air and having pieces of the ball land in all sides of the court making it truly impossible lol. Though thats a bit too dramatic and impossible lol. Though something similar to Meteor drive can be expected form the name and would give reason for Inui dreaming about lol.

Next chapter, Hoshi hanabi ends the match at 7-5 for Fuji. It would be ridiculous for Fuji to have created 2 counters in such a short amount of time (since it seems he only created the 6th during this match)

Atobe the king
October 27, 2007, 02:52 PM
Also Fuji basically said Nioh was nowhere near Tezukas true level, and stated Nioh couldn't do the Zero Shiki serve and Fuji also implied that he hasn't found a way around the Zero Shiki serve

Tenshi123
October 27, 2007, 04:47 PM
>.< Hoshi Hanabi reminds me of Star Hanabi on Xiaolin Showdown. I hate comparing Fuji to Kimiko. *glarr-eth*

rtyd1
October 27, 2007, 05:56 PM
What's Star Hanabi ?

Sherlock Holmes
October 27, 2007, 06:46 PM
fuji is going to win next chapter,probably...I hope we get a Ryoma vs Fuji before fuji wins.

Fuji can probably even beat Sanada right now...but sure,in Pot who beats who also depends on the situation.

If seigaku was losing 2-0 and the next match was Fuji vs Sanada....Fuji. If Seigaku was winning 2-0 against rikkaidai,fuji would lose. If it was tied Seigaku 1 and Rikkaidai 1, then who knows who would win XD. I'd go with fuji because sanada only beat tezuka because tezuka ALWAYS MANAGES TO DESTROY HIS OWN ARM while playing. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with him? Haha,honestly Sanada vs Fuji would be a much better match than Tezuka vs Sanada was, no matter who would win.

I just want to see the Golden Pair FINALLY winning a match. Did they EVER win an important match in the manga?

alexlw92
October 27, 2007, 07:02 PM
zomg i miss xiaolin showdown. why did they have to end production!!! i hate when how the upper levels have no sympathy for us... and fuji could kill kimiko with his tennis skillz lol
(star hanabi was that star that clays dad had, that shot fire, right?)

whats with fuji and lefties? the only ppl to beat him are lefties (ryoma, tezuka, shiraishi), his brothers a lefty and the "lefty killer", etc.

agreed, why is it that the only person whos arm is crap is tezuka. one hit shouldnt do all that, and on rikkai, with all the hitting that goes on there, theres gotta be at least one or two ppl like tezuka.

and as for the GP...in the anime, they beat jyosei shonan...and then a buncha stuff in the tokyo area stuff... but thats about it.

Mrai
October 27, 2007, 07:50 PM
I don't think Fuji would be able to beat Sanada. I would like to see how Fuji would try to stop a Rai attack. But this match is obviously made so that Fuji can beat Shiraishi and a lower level than the real Tezuka so that he regains his pride, cause he was losing a lot and as he was called a genius he had to improve. Hope that the next counter is like the Meteo Drive.

And are you people sure that the manga will end soon. Unless the GP match is summarised in 3 pages saying that with synchro they beat Rikkai pair it's impossible that it ends soon, or unless the author leaves the final match incomplete(of course that won't happen).

Sherlock Holmes
October 27, 2007, 09:21 PM
It's funny that I think,Oishi has NEVER won a match,while Kikumaru has NEVER lost a match when he wasn't playing with Oishi.
....Why the hell are they called Golden pair again?

IndigoSkies
October 27, 2007, 10:33 PM
I can't wait to see Hoshi Hanabi next chapter...
I really can't see how this is ending soon. If it's ending in issue 52 (which is what everyone's been saying), that means there are 4 chapters left, and I don't see how everything could fit in 3 chapters. Maybe it's not ending that soon...?

As for the Golden Pair, they haven't won since they played against Yamabuki. They've gotten a lot of screen time, and they're supposed to be a National-level doubles pair, but they've only won a couple of times that we've seen. That very first match in the entire tournament against that team I can't remember the name of, then they won against Fudoumine, and the only other time we've seen them win was against Yamabuki.
Then in the anime, if I remember correctly, they beat Jousei Shounan, but that was filler. >_>

I really wanna see them win...

Fayte
October 27, 2007, 10:43 PM
Fuji can probably even beat Sanada right now...but sure,in Pot who beats who also depends on the situation.

If seigaku was losing 2-0 and the next match was Fuji vs Sanada....Fuji. If Seigaku was winning 2-0 against rikkaidai,fuji would lose. If it was tied Seigaku 1 and Rikkaidai 1, then who knows who would win XD. I'd go with fuji because sanada only beat tezuka because tezuka ALWAYS MANAGES TO DESTROY HIS OWN ARM while playing. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with him? Haha,honestly Sanada vs Fuji would be a much better match than Tezuka vs Sanada was, no matter who would win.

I just want to see the Golden Pair FINALLY winning a match. Did they EVER win an important match in the manga?

LOL Oh the irony.

If anyone thinks Fuji is now on the level of even Tezuka, let alone Sanada, Needs to re-read the entire series.

Sherlock Holmes
October 28, 2007, 12:14 AM
LOL Oh the irony.

If anyone thinks Fuji is now on the level of even Tezuka, let alone Sanada, Needs to re-read the entire series.

In pot levels don't make a bit of difference.If Seigaku was losing 2-0 and sanada was the next one to play,even horio would win.

And let's say I'm wrong and fuji is not in Tezuka's level....then I have to read the entire series? Uh sorry but if I don't know every single thing about a manga,that doesn't mean I have to know it XD.

Ruzz
October 28, 2007, 07:56 AM

And Kirihara already had data on Fuji, he knew he had to return tsubame gaeshi before the ball touched the ground so he would already have lost. And Kirihara plays dirty.

Let's face it guys...as much as everyone loves Kirihara... he's playing dirty to win so he's weak.

rurounichristian99
October 28, 2007, 08:14 AM

I'm implying that with the current information we cannot say for sure who would win a match between the two, strong arguments for both sides. I like Fuji better as a character, but I can't claim he would win because they've never played. But you definitely can't say Sanada is on a higher tier than Fuji bc the whole point of Fuji's character is his seemingly infinite genius so if they played Konomi might make Fuji win.

I guess I have to rephrase, yes I am implying Fuji can beat Sanada, if Konomi lets him. But we'll never know.

And please don't use "Ryoma had to tell him too" as an argument. It was just a way to get Echizen in there to feed the Ryoma-Fuji "rivalry" and it's not like it was set point for Kirihara anyway.

Sherlock Holmes
October 28, 2007, 12:18 PM
And Kirihara already had data on Fuji, he knew he had to return tsubame gaeshi before the ball touched the ground so he would already have lost. And Kirihara plays dirty.

Let's face it guys...as much as everyone loves Kirihara... he's playing dirty to win so he's weak.

As dirty as he plays,you can't say that he is weak...he sent Inui to the hospital XD.

Atobe the king
October 28, 2007, 01:04 PM
He doesn't really play dirty, its more unique than dirty and its actually a weakness

If you know hes aiming for the body you can easily predict where the shot goes

he doesnt play dirty to win, he plays dirty to sate himself, to Kirihara, scoring the point AND watching your oponent writhe in agony is killing two birds with one stone

Kirihara can't be called weak, hes had 4 matches that wev'e seen and the only people he lost to were people with perfect singles levels and recognized genius (ryoma and Fuji)

Fayte
October 28, 2007, 04:39 PM
I'm implying that with the current information we cannot say for sure who would win a match between the two, strong arguments for both sides. I like Fuji better as a character, but I can't claim he would win because they've never played. But you definitely can't say Sanada is on a higher tier than Fuji bc the whole point of Fuji's character is his seemingly infinite genius so if they played Konomi might make Fuji win.

I guess I have to rephrase, yes I am implying Fuji can beat Sanada, if Konomi lets him. But we'll never know.

And please don't use "Ryoma had to tell him too" as an argument. It was just a way to get Echizen in there to feed the Ryoma-Fuji "rivalry" and it's not like it was set point for Kirihara anyway.

I'm implying that you most certainly can say that Fuji would get raped by Sanada with the current information we have.

Sanada > Tezuka
Tezuka > Fuji
Sanada >> Fuji

Niou is not Tezuka. Not even a shadow of Tezuka. Niou is nothing but Wakato from the anime fillers.

Wakato can mimic Pete Sampras, does that mean he is as good as him?

Atobe the king
October 28, 2007, 05:43 PM

Fayte pwns with logic yet again

I just can understand whats so special about Fuji, i understand why he has fangirls but why else

He has tripple counters and thats it, hes not known for remarkable speed like Kamio, or Strength like Gin ishida aside from the counters what else makes him so special

And the "genius" thing is nothing either, Ryoma and tezuka are also both "geniuses" too

Lol at the new sig

bradz22
October 28, 2007, 07:17 PM
He doesn't really play dirty, its more unique than dirty and its actually a weakness

he doesnt play dirty to win, he plays dirty to sate himself, to Kirihara, scoring the point AND watching your oponent writhe in agony is killing two birds with one stone

Kirihara can't be called weak, hes had 4 matches that wev'e seen and the only people he lost to were people with perfect singles levels and recognized genius (ryoma and Fuji)

Kirihara only won against Tachibana because he didn't use his wild beast aura. :p

Sherlock Holmes
October 28, 2007, 09:02 PM
I'm implying that you most certainly can say that Fuji would get raped by Sanada with the current information we have.

Sanada > Tezuka
Tezuka > Fuji
Sanada >> Fuji

Niou is not Tezuka. Not even a shadow of Tezuka. Niou is nothing but Wakato from the anime fillers.

for the last time,logic does not apply to pot.
Just kidding.

I wouldn't say Sanada>Tezuka,they are pretty much in the same level,their match was really close. We also can't say that Tezuka > Fuji(although it looks like that)

We can't say for sure who is better for the simple fact that they have never played. Is more like who you like better than cold facts. Until we see those two having a match,what is most likely never going to happen,we gotta accept that we don't know who would win.

bmoredragon
October 29, 2007, 12:32 PM
sorry to be off topic here but is there anyone who knows when the ep for the anime will be coming or can direct me in the right direction possibly?

Tenshi123
October 29, 2007, 02:30 PM
zomg i miss xiaolin showdown. why did they have to end production!!! i hate when how the upper levels have no sympathy for us... and fuji could kill kimiko with his tennis skillz lol
(star hanabi was that star that clays dad had, that shot fire, right?)

whats with fuji and lefties? the only ppl to beat him are lefties (ryoma, tezuka, shiraishi), his brothers a lefty and the "lefty killer", etc.

agreed, why is it that the only person whos arm is crap is tezuka. one hit shouldnt do all that, and on rikkai, with all the hitting that goes on there, theres gotta be at least one or two ppl like tezuka.

and as for the GP...in the anime, they beat jyosei shonan...and then a buncha stuff in the tokyo area stuff... but thats about it.

Yesh, that was Star Hanabi. I'm really excited about seeing Hoshi Hanabi, though. *squee*

Fayte
October 29, 2007, 06:36 PM
for the last time,logic does not apply to pot.
Just kidding.

I wouldn't say Sanada>Tezuka,they are pretty much in the same level,their match was really close. We also can't say that Tezuka > Fuji(although it looks like that)

We can't say for sure who is better for the simple fact that they have never played. Is more like who you like better than cold facts. Until we see those two having a match,what is most likely never going to happen,we gotta accept that we don't know who would win.

Yes you can say that Sanada is just a better tennis player than Tezuka. Tezuka threw out everything he had, and more, and still lost. You can say the same for Shiraishi and Fuji.

Fuji is good, but just because he is playing a Tezuka copy-cat, doesn't mean he is in any way comparable to the actual Tezuka.

For example, Fuji was able to overcome PoHW with GoHK against Niou. Would that work against Tezuka? we don't know.

Sherlock Holmes
October 29, 2007, 06:44 PM
Yes you can say that Sanada is just a better tennis player than Tezuka. Tezuka threw out everything he had, and more, and still lost. You can say the same for Shiraishi and Fuji.

Fuji is good, but just because he is playing a Tezuka copy-cat, doesn't mean he is in any way comparable to the actual Tezuka.

For example, Fuji was able to overcome PoHW with GoHK against Niou. Would that work against Tezuka? we don't know.
Didn't sanada also threw out everything he had? I mean look at his legs at the end of the game. As for fuji and Shiraishi,right now we can say that he would beat shiraishi,and that is for sure. just saying that because of the comments everyone is making during the chapter. Also
I'm not saying that Fuji is better than tezuka because of this match,but the fact is that he looks like he would win in a match. Fuji is not my favourite character or anything,but he always evolves in every single match. And Tezuka...well he breaks his arm every match.
Haha honestly I think that Fuji could defeat him,but is nothing but wishful thinking since we are never going to see that match. Fuji vs Ryoma/Tezuka/Sanada would be a great match....actually even Fuji vs Atobe would.

Fayte
October 29, 2007, 09:11 PM
Didn't sanada also threw out everything he had?

No.

Atobe the king
October 30, 2007, 12:02 PM
I believe Sanada gave up on the head on challenge, thus he didn't
(am i correct fayte?)
I havent read the match in bulk in months so i forgot

Fayte
October 30, 2007, 02:25 PM
Basically speaking, Sanada threw away his handicap.

Sanada wanted to win using only 1 technique, Rai. That was his challenge. Sanada could have beat Tezuka at any time, if he played Tezuka to actually beat him. However Sanada played Tezuka to only try to beat him by using 1 technique. That is a huge handicap.

That is like playing any FPS game in a 1v1, and you are determined to just use a pistol, against someone who can use any gun they want.

Once Sanada threw away the handicap, and fought on the same terms as Tezuka, He easily beat him.

Atobe the king
October 30, 2007, 05:00 PM

Sanada wanted to win using only 1 technique, Rai. That was his challenge. Sanada could have beat Tezuka at any time, if he played Tezuka to actually beat him. However Sanada played Tezuka to only try to beat him by using 1 technique. That is a huge handicap.

That is like playing any FPS game in a 1v1, and you are determined to just use a pistol, against someone who can use any gun they want.

Once Sanada threw away the handicap, and fought on the same terms as Tezuka, He easily beat him.

I don't quite remember it being that one sided but as i said i haven't read the match in bulk in such a long while

I remember

Tezuka ZOne is bested
Sanada defeats Hyakuren with Rai
Defeats Saiki with In

thats two technqiues

Some emo stuff happens, and out comes Tezuka Phantom

Tezuka takes the next four games

Tied

then the rest eludes me lol

bradz22
October 30, 2007, 10:13 PM
Tezuka's elbow shows signs of internal bleeding.

Sanada's legs can't move due to using lightning too much.

Tezuka took another game 5-4.

Yukimura asks Sanada to give up his match.

Tezuka draws out the match for Echizen.

Some flashbacks to when they were 1st years.

Sanada shouted and then the ball drops back to Tezuka's side.

Sanada won 7-5.

Fayte
October 30, 2007, 11:55 PM
You left out the most important detail of Sanada beating T-Phantom with Rin and Zero-shiki serve with KaRinRai.

Also, who wants to bet me that the Meteor drive is an upgraded higuma otoshi, and that Fuji gets it instead of Niou.

dokoham
October 31, 2007, 07:38 AM
http://imepita.jp/20071031/763310
http://imepita.jp/20071031/764740

bradz22
October 31, 2007, 03:51 PM
so higuma otoshi>>Kirin otoshi>>meteor drive??

Fayte
October 31, 2007, 04:35 PM
Right.

rtyd1
October 31, 2007, 05:27 PM
From these pictures the 6th counter is the meteo drive we saw in inui's dream
Wonder how it works as high balls are normally easy to return

rtyd1
October 31, 2007, 05:37 PM
If it was an upgraded kirin otoshi it would still be the 2nd counter but slightly better
If konomi does something like that it will be soo lame

Fayte
October 31, 2007, 06:11 PM
Who called it.

Requiem
October 31, 2007, 07:52 PM
so is 7-5 for Fuji

EnSiFeR
October 31, 2007, 10:52 PM
From the last pic... we absolutely can see Fuji got his own kind of Sharingan as well.... lol
Fuji is still not the best, but surely got the potential to be the best

dokoham
November 01, 2007, 12:11 AM
凄ぇーーーっ
不二先輩いつの間にーーーっ!?

臭う「得意のカウンターを全て返されたからって ウソはいかんぜよ」

プッ 臭う先輩に詐欺とは 大した度胸だぜ

臭う「プリッ 嫌だよなぁ そんじゃ同じ相手に2度負けて貰うナリヨ」

あ あの構えは3種の返し球(ry
『百人腕の門番』も やはり『聖書』には通用しない!!

臭う「第6の返し球!?出来るもんならやってみんしゃい!!」

臭う、呆然と立ちつくす

まずコードボールを上空に打ち上げ打球を視界から消す-
そして擂鉢状の会場に吹く風が
高速落下する球に不規則な回転を与え客席の中へ…

臭う「何さらしとんじゃ  か…返せんぜよ」

TEK
November 01, 2007, 12:32 AM
I kinda hope this chapter ends soon. I love Fuji and all but I'm very tired of the copycat Niou. I just want Fuji to shut him already so we can watch the Golden Pair play....at least I hope it's the Golden Pair in D1. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.

Who do you guys think the Golden Pair will play? Do you think it'll be Marui/Jackal or do you think it may be a new duo, perhaps a duo that includes Yagyuu?

I personally hope for Marui/Jackal just because they owned Kaidoh/Momo 6-1 and were never forced to take off their power wrists during the game. They took it off afterwards as a sign of respect but yea. They were just too good for them.

bradz22
November 01, 2007, 03:00 AM
Right.

if that really happens, then it only shouldn't be kirin otoshi that gets upgraded since the last time fuji upgraded his counters, it wasn't only one counter, he upgraded all of them.

bradz22
November 01, 2007, 03:07 AM
i hope someone translates it soon.
[hr]
i don't care who plays against GP in doubles 1 coz they're gonna be defeated anyway.

Ruzz
November 01, 2007, 04:28 AM
Fayte pwns with logic yet again

I just can understand whats so special about Fuji, i understand why he has fangirls but why else

He has tripple counters and thats it, hes not known for remarkable speed like Kamio, or Strength like Gin ishida aside from the counters what else makes him so special

And the "genius" thing is nothing either, Ryoma and tezuka are also both "geniuses" too

Lol at the new sig

Fuji has a variety of techniques, that makes him a genius in terms of Prince of Tennis.

Atobe the king
November 01, 2007, 09:01 AM
Fuji does not have then many variations of techniques, fuji has one special serve and 6 counters

Ryoma however has an assload of techniques (not counting Muga techs)

Ruzz
November 01, 2007, 10:28 AM

The first shot cannot be predicted. You don't know if he is intending anything violent at all and you will end up already injured from the first shot, you can't dodge the other attacks as quick. Against Tachibana and Fuji, shot to the head, how would u expect them to expect the attack like that?

And he does play dirty to win, that's soooooo obvious. Chapter 189 last page Echizen VS kirihara, "Akaya is going to destroy that guy's knee in order to seal his movement" (and then obviously to win) How did he win against Tachibana who was the one of the top 2 players of Kyuushu, and a national level player? Violence. And how did akaya renji pair won against inui kaidoh? Inui got totally injured because of his violence and lost 1-5. Once again, violence.

On top of all that its ironic how you "don't see the big deal about fuji" and you find fuji "overrated" and yet he pwn'd akaya playing blind.

I've proved my point.

alexlw92
November 01, 2007, 11:51 AM
fujis just a better than average player that adapts quickly to problems, and has a few special moves to help him

Atobe the king
November 01, 2007, 02:37 PM
The first shot cannot be predicted. You don't know if he is intending anything violent at all and you will end up already injured from the first shot, you can't dodge the other attacks as quick. Against Tachibana and Fuji, shot to the head, how would u expect them to expect the attack like that?

And he does play dirty to win, that's soooooo obvious. Chapter 189 last page Echizen VS kirihara, "Akaya is going to destroy that guy's knee in order to seal his movement" (and then obviously to win) How did he win against Tachibana who was the one of the top 2 players of Kyuushu, and a national level player? Violence. And how did akaya renji pair won against inui kaidoh? Inui got totally injured because of his violence and lost 1-5. Once again, violence.

On top of all that its ironic how you "don't see the big deal about fuji" and you find fuji "overrated" and yet he pwn'd akaya playing blind.

I've proved my point.

And you seem to be belittling Akaya

It takes precision to aim at the body over and over

Akaya was losing triple game pt to krauser and took the next 7 games

His voilent play DOES NOT devalue his skill as a player

He's the freaking Ace of the 2 time national champ rikkai

So what if Inui got injured, neither he nor Kaidoh had Business beating Akaya in the first place

he didn't Pwn Akaya

6-0 is pwned
6-1 is pwned
6-2 is pwned
6-3 is pwned
6-4 is a good match
7-5 is a close match

The match was close, there was not utter pwnage

bradz22
November 01, 2007, 04:13 PM

I've proved my point.

Yes, Akaya only won against Tachibana because Tachibana didn't use his wild beast aura, not because he's violent seeing as Tachibana is also a violent player or with violent tendencies. As to the akaya renji-inui kaidoh pair, akaya renji won simply because of pure talent. Even if a player is violent, if the other player is good they would have won hands down. It's just like dbz (pardon me!), gohan wouldn't have beat frieza even if he gave it his all because his power levels were low compared to frieza.

Sai_the_Shaman
November 01, 2007, 04:42 PM
凄ぇーーーっ
Amazing!!!

不二先輩いつの間にーーーっ!?
When did Fuji-sempai have time to....!?

臭う「得意のカウンターを全て返されたからって ウソはいかんぜよ」
Niou: You know that lying is bad to do even if I've returned all of your prized counters

プッ 臭う先輩に詐欺とは 大した度胸だぜ
Wow, Niou-sempai sure has balls to swindle that way

臭う「プリッ 嫌だよなぁ そんじゃ同じ相手に2度負けて貰うナリヨ」
Puri, How unpleasant. I guess we'll have to see if you really don't lose twice to the same person

あ あの構えは3種の返し球(ry
Th...That stance is for the Triple counters!!

『百人腕の門番』も やはり『聖書』には通用しない!!
Even "Gate Keeper of Hecatonchieres" is no use against the "Bible"!!!

臭う「第6の返し球!?出来るもんならやってみんしゃい!!」
Niou: Where's the 6th Counter!? If you can really do one, then why not use it!!

臭う、呆然と立ちつくす
Niou then stands dumbfounded

まずコードボールを上空に打ち上げ打球を視界から消す-
そして擂鉢状の会場に吹く風が
高速落下する球に不規則な回転を与え客席の中へ…
First, A cord ball is launched into the sky out of his field of vision
Afterwards, The ball drops down at a high speed with an irregular spin and bounces into the stadium seating
(TN: unsure about the description a bit, but that was what I could get from it)

臭う「何さらしとんじゃ  か…返せんぜよ」
Niou: No Matter what I do I can't return that

bradz22
November 01, 2007, 05:29 PM
that seems like meteor drive or an upgraded hakuryuu but it's very unlikely that niou will give up that easily. oh well, we'll find out about it tomorrow.

potrealm
November 01, 2007, 06:54 PM
is that the spoiler for the 6th counter?

krazy_k
November 01, 2007, 07:52 PM
great i'm lost in the sea of logic again......
srry for spammin

Ruzz
November 01, 2007, 10:24 PM
And you seem to be belittling Akaya

It takes precision to aim at the body over and over

Akaya was losing triple game pt to krauser and took the next 7 games

His voilent play DOES NOT devalue his skill as a player

He's the freaking Ace of the 2 time national champ rikkai

So what if Inui got injured, neither he nor Kaidoh had Business beating Akaya in the first place

he didn't Pwn Akaya

6-0 is pwned
6-1 is pwned
6-2 is pwned
6-3 is pwned
6-4 is a good match
7-5 is a close match

The match was close, there was not utter pwnage

Lol every player can aim with pinpoint precision in prince of tennis :eyeroll
I choose to use pwn'd because it's not like they were playing on equal grounds, fuji had his sight disabled and STILL won. I also sometimes wonder what the referee is thinking when he watches kirihara using violence in his tennis like that.

And I don't understand a thing regarding "So what if Inui got injured, neither he nor Kaidoh had Business beating Akaya in the first place"

TEK
November 01, 2007, 10:25 PM
Sweet!!! I'm excited to see the chapter. ^_^ I wonder though, does it end there right after Fuji does the 6th counter or does the match end this week?

bradz22
November 02, 2007, 05:38 AM
this week probably. the score is already 6-5.

Atobe the king
November 02, 2007, 06:55 AM
Lol every player can aim with pinpoint precision in prince of tennis :eyeroll
I choose to use pwn'd because it's not like they were playing on equal grounds, fuji had his sight disabled and STILL won. I also sometimes wonder what the referee is thinking when he watches kirihara using violence in his tennis like that.

They were on equal grounds, thats one of my favorite matches and i read it often, and Fuji stated at the end of the Match

"it was because i couldn't see that i won, it pushed me to my limits"
well thats a paraphrase but you get the point

As for the refreree, in the anime they said it's not illegal for aim for the opponent, if the ball lands anywhere on the body but the racket its still a point

And I don't understand a thing regarding "So what if Inui got injured, neither he nor Kaidoh had Business beating Akaya in the first place

I'm saying Inui's injury didn't change the course of the match the outcome would have been the same

Renji is better than Inui and Akaya is better than Kaidoh

rurounichristian99
November 02, 2007, 09:49 AM
Regarding Kaidoh and Kirihara, if we look at what happened in their doubles match, disregarding the score of the doubles match, it's hard to argue Kirihara is flat out better.

(I am ignoring the score bc it was mostly decided by Yanagi's superior use of data in doubles compared to Inui)

Red-eyes Kirihara could return all of Kaidoh's shots until the Gyro-Laser, after which Kaidoh dominated both Rikkai players. Then Kirihara goes Devil Mode, starts dominating, then Kaidoh goes Devil Mode and we don't get to see anything past that.

Non Devil Kaidoh dominates Non Devil Kirihara.
Both Kaidoh and Kirihara go Devil Mode.

Logic says Kaidoh dominates Kirihara. Probably not enough to swing the match in Seigaku's favor, but I would say the two are on the same level. Just going on what we see in that match, which is the only time we see them against each other, you can't argue against that.

Yukimura Seiichii
November 02, 2007, 10:13 AM

Lolz Handicap? why you brag so much for? Sanada just wanted to try and prove his point that he won the whole national using that move and will win tezuka with it, but in the end he was nothing more than a pawn for yukimura just a little puppy , even if he beats tezuka by that lion roar, can he beat yukimura? Sanada is nothing but a second rank player under yukimura , whereas tezuka is rank first, why did they even poste a match like tezuka vs sanada, and tezuka did beat sanada before, and if u include this as the second rematch it's a tie, 1,1, Tezuka lost because of the fans that supported sanada, i don't even know why tezuka lose over and over to one same injury , his left arm. Wasn't he suppose to be the one almost to PoP after the match with chitose? Either way, tezuka not playing yukimura was a sad disappointment, captain vs captain is sick. why would captain vs vice captain? it would be ideal for sanada to beat yukimura then play tezuka , but instead , even if tezuka won? what is there to brag about? nothing, because yukimura is still undefeated. so I think that match was made up just to let sanada's fan be happy and say that tezuka can be defeated. Fuji with his new counter will take out whoever Niou imitates.

Ruzz
November 02, 2007, 10:29 AM
They were on equal grounds, thats one of my favorite matches and i read it often, and Fuji stated at the end of the Match

"it was because i couldn't see that i won, it pushed me to my limits"
well thats a paraphrase but you get the point

I'm saying Inui's injury didn't change the course of the match the outcome would have been the same

Renji is better than Inui and Akaya is better than Kaidoh

Well yeah you know Fuji really did said that but actually, in PoT, Konomi will never make the loser of a game seem "weak" in the reader's view (applying only to the big shot players like from Shitenhouji, seigaku, rikkai yeah you get the idea), hence the "it was because i couldn't see that i won" A same scenario was the Chitose VS Tachibana.

I for one don't understand the point of Fuji's words, I mean, ok you're blind you pushed your other senses and still played at 100% but if you had your sight wouldn't you still be playing at 100%?

And, it's totally wrong to assume that Inui Kaidoh would have already lost, inui got up and annouced his data was complete but didn't had the physical energy left to continue. And Kaidoh was INVINCIBLE as translated... although I won't say renji akaya would definitely lose if inui could carry on.

What are you basing "Renji is better than Inui and Akaya is better than Kaidoh" on? I'm very surprised you actually said Akaya > Kaidoh, Kaidoh was kickass in that match, he was almost doing a 1v2 and got a game with akaya all flustered. On top of all that, who knows what might have happened if inui didn't stop him when he turned Devil too.

Fayte
November 02, 2007, 11:43 AM
Lolz Handicap? why you brag so much for? Sanada just wanted to try and prove his point that he won the whole national using that move and will win tezuka with it, but in the end he was nothing more than a pawn for yukimura just a little puppy , even if he beats tezuka by that lion roar, can he beat yukimura? Sanada is nothing but a second rank player under yukimura , whereas tezuka is rank first, why did they even poste a match like tezuka vs sanada, and tezuka did beat sanada before, and if u include this as the second rematch it's a tie, 1,1, Tezuka lost because of the fans that supported sanada, i don't even know why tezuka lose over and over to one same injury , his left arm. Wasn't he suppose to be the one almost to PoP after the match with chitose? Either way, tezuka not playing yukimura was a sad disappointment, captain vs captain is sick. why would captain vs vice captain? it would be ideal for sanada to beat yukimura then play tezuka , but instead , even if tezuka won? what is there to brag about? nothing, because yukimura is still undefeated. so I think that match was made up just to let sanada's fan be happy and say that tezuka can be defeated. Fuji with his new counter will take out whoever Niou imitates.

Stop typing.

Hermie
November 02, 2007, 04:10 PM
So! PoT fans! chapter 364 has arrived (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=596423), and it's up to you to read this chapter, then post all (all!) your thoughts right here in this thread. =D

TEK
November 02, 2007, 04:26 PM
Well, since it looks like the chapter ends with the 6th counter, I hope the first page of next week announces Fuji's victory. I guess I'll have to await the translation to fully understand what has occurred.

Tenshi123
November 02, 2007, 04:27 PM
YAY, FUJI WON! (at least, I think he did)

ThE WoRm
November 02, 2007, 04:57 PM
Last page says he wins 7-5 :X

It means next chapter D1 :X

Anyways, someone here knows how many chapters PoT has till the end? The rumors I heard are 3, but I'm not sure about it.

G-ology
November 02, 2007, 05:04 PM
Yay, Fuji-kun finally won again^^
I like his 6th Counter, which means he still got his (new) "Final" Counter ;)

So, in D1 Eiji und Ooshi aka the Golden Double Pair have to win.
Hope to see Synchro again.
I'm sure it'll be one hell of a battle.

Anyways, someone here knows how many chapters PoT has till the end? The rumors I heard are 3, but I'm not sure about it.
You mean till the end of the Series "Prince of Tennis"?!
Three are a bit under.. and i dont think PoT will end with the National Tournament.

tum
November 02, 2007, 05:14 PM
This chapter, as far as I understand, doesn't really show how the 6th counter works, which is a bit too rush and a disappointment. But if he did lose, the match would be all over, so just let it be.

Btw, I don't think Konomi-Sensei would/could wrap the D1(+S1 in case there's one) in only 3 chapters, and there's amnesia Ryoma subplot to be cleared, unless he want to end THAT abruptly.

bradz22
November 02, 2007, 05:27 PM
Fuji won't say Final Counter again as it will place limits on how far he can improve/evolve his counters/ability. It will be 7th, 8th etc....

Of course D1 has to win. Otherwise, we won't see Yukimura play and the reason why Ryoma got his amnesia. Konomi was building the hype for Yukimura and Ryoma and then suddenly Seigaku D1 lost and Yukimura won't play because they already won?? No brainer!

As sakaki sensei said, synchro can only happen if the pair was in a terrible pinch. So I'm guessing the scenario is this.
1. GP shows some new jaw dropping techniques and takes an early lead say 2-0 or 3-0.

2. MaruixJackalxYagyuu (whoever plays D1 from these 3) then shows a new technique and starts pwning the GP and the score will probably be 4-2.

3. GP remembers their dream to be the number one doubles pair at the national tournament and this gives them the will to fight and make the score 4-4.

4. MaruixJackalxYagyuu has their backs pressed against the wall and either achieves
a. Synchro as well
b. shows some new technique takes another match to make it 5-4.

5.1 Time for the Golden Pair to really live up to its name and own Rikkai D1 and makes it 7-5.
5.2 Golden Pair pwns them because they have achieved Synchro level 2. Haha!!

I'm hoping Oishi has at least 2 new techniques and Eiji 1 new technique.
[hr]

This chapter, as far as I understand, doesn't really show how the 6th counter works, which is a bit too rush and a disappointment. But if he did lose, the match would be all over, so just let it be.

Btw, I don't think Konomi-Sensei would/could wrap the D1(+S1 in case there's one) in only 3 chapters, and there's amnesia Ryoma subplot to be cleared, unless he want to end THAT abruptly.

according to Sai, Hoshi Hanabi works like this. Fuji hits a cord ball and it goes up into the air out of anyone's field of vision. It then drops abruptly and at a high speed with an irregular spin (or was it bounce?) and then the ball goes to the audience.

If that's the case, that looks like Hoshi Hanabi is a combination between Meteor Drive (out of anyone's field of vision and drops at a high speed) and Hakuryuu (irregular bounce/spin).

bradz22
November 02, 2007, 05:46 PM

the reason why tezuka played sanada is
a. it's boring to watch ryoma play sanada again and if ryoma plays, we all know he'll win.
b. it's to showcase ryoma being the uber player in pot and yukimura is just a stepping stone.

Tenshi123
November 02, 2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah, Hoshi Hanabi works something like that. So Doubles 1 next, yay! ^^

Ruzz
November 02, 2007, 09:52 PM
Isn't the title of the topic...wrong?

Crayola
November 03, 2007, 01:35 AM
Yea, it's Prince of Tennis 364
[hr]

Last page says he wins 7-5 :X

It means next chapter D1 :X

It's not 3, the rumors were false apparently since it was also rumored at the same time that Belmonde would end like 2 weeks ago or something. I'm guessing maybe a year max to the end. After the national tournament, I'm guessing maybe we'll see a Ryoma v. Fuji or Ryoma v. Tezuka or a Ryoma v. Nanjiroh or something

AHH P2!!

alexlw92
November 03, 2007, 02:14 AM
uhh, sai should probably clear up on this, but to me, it sounds like this counter is for returning cord balls only. when the opponent hits a cord ball, he returns it like a meteo drive, except the wind blows it into a wierd spin, so like bradz said, like a hakuryuu

excelsior
November 03, 2007, 02:27 AM
That makes sense. Basically, the 6th counter is set up by the 5th counter. We haven't seen anyone manage to return the 5th counter without making it a cord ball, after all.

But, supposing someone -could- cleanly return the 5th counter (i.e., in such a way that the ball does not touch the net) the 6th counter would seem to be pretty useless.

bradz22
November 03, 2007, 02:33 AM
That makes sense. Basically, the 6th counter is set up by the 5th counter. We haven't seen anyone manage to return the 5th counter without making it a cord ball, after all.

Yes we have. that has already been done on chapter 362 page 10-11.

But, supposing someone -could- cleanly return the 5th counter (i.e., in such a way that the ball does not touch the net) the 6th counter would seem to be pretty useless.

No, it does not.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/bradz20/PrinceofTennis-362p10-11.png

Ruzz
November 03, 2007, 07:13 AM
I don't understand the 6th counter. The translation says, "First he launches a cord ball straight into the sky thus erasing it out of your field of vision" Whats that suppose to mean? Who's he? And since when did cord balls fly out of vision? Just so I'm not wrong cord balls = balls that touch the net?
Ok so, Fuji goes Gatekeeper, Niou hits it back with a cord ball which after hitting the net the ball FLIES UP UP UP UP UP then?

bradz22
November 03, 2007, 07:30 AM
I'm guessing Fuji is the one who's being referred here. The cord balls flew out of your line of sight because of the wind. Imagine Fuji doing a Hakuryuu but it doesn't go straight into the air, it still touches the net which makes it a cord ball obviously and then flies upwards out of your line of vision. At least, that's what I think Hoshi Hanabi is. :D Inui after all referred Fuji as to the one who can read the wind.

Yes, you're right. Your definition of cord balls is correct.

And I believe Niou is not the one who hits a cord ball because if he was the one who hits a cord ball then it flies out of your field of vision then Niou will be the one doing the 6th counter not Fuji.

Mrai
November 03, 2007, 07:39 AM
I liked this chapter cause as many people said before this counter is a combination of 2 cool techniques: Meteo Drive and my favourite counter: Hakuryuu. If you look at the chapter where Inui dreams, the ball just flies up in the air and then falls and the people say that the ball flew high in the air, they don't say anything about a cord ball(chapter 359). But as it was a dream...

Anyway this was a great match which lasted a lot. Hope that doubles 1 gets also interesting. Maybe we'll see a match between synchros.

heras1985
November 03, 2007, 11:23 AM
It seems that prince of tennis doesn't finish in the number 52 of shonen jump, isn't it?

excelsior
November 03, 2007, 02:38 PM
What you're saying makes no sense from the actual drawings in the manga.

When it says "he hits a cord ball straight into the sky" it doesn't mean that he hits the ball, it becomes a cord ball and then goes straight up. It means that a cord ball comes *at him* and he hits that cord ball into the sky. Just look at pages 10-11. Niou clearly hits a cord ball off of the 5th counter.

However, I agree that this doesn't seem to mesh with the picture you uploaded. In that picture, it really seems like Niou returned the 5th counter cleanly. But if he could do that, then why did he hit a cord ball here?

I felt as though what happened was that Niou's cord ball hit the net and came at Fuji--it would then drop right to the ground after the net, probably. But Fuji catches it from below and launches it straight into the sky. It's the sudden launch from low to very high that takes it out of your field of vision.

I'm going to download the RAW and see if the Japanese grammar gives a clue as to what is meant when Sai writes "he launches a cord ball straight into the sky."

bax
November 03, 2007, 02:40 PM
Fixed the thread title :)
Excuse us, sometimes on the hectic RAW Day (just see how many mangas in the shout need to be done in just a few hours), things like this slip by.

excelsior
November 03, 2007, 02:49 PM
Hm. It says "mazu coodo booru o joukuu e kyouretsu ni uchiage"

"coodo booru o" means that an action is being done to the/a cord ball.
"uchiage" is the action--he hits it up.

But I'm not really familiar with tennis grammar. For example, does it use the same structure, when, say, Ryoma hits a twist serve? Or does it use "de"--as in, with the ball's being a twist serve, he hits it.

I guess Sai would know, since he does the translating. However, given the fact that we didn't see Fuji hit a ball that touched the net and we -did- see Niou hit a ball that touched the net, it seems more likely that the 6th counter depends on returning a cord ball. (And a light cord ball, at that--he probably couldn't do it if Ryoma hit a cord ball using a smash, although I suppose that's unclear at the moment.)

bradz22
November 03, 2007, 04:51 PM
What you're saying makes no sense from the actual drawings in the manga.

When it says "he hits a cord ball straight into the sky" it doesn't mean that he hits the ball, it becomes a cord ball and then goes straight up. It means that a cord ball comes *at him* and he hits that cord ball into the sky. Just look at pages 10-11. Niou clearly hits a cord ball off of the 5th counter.

However, I agree that this doesn't seem to mesh with the picture you uploaded. In that picture, it really seems like Niou returned the 5th counter cleanly. But if he could do that, then why did he hit a cord ball here?

I myself am confused about the 6th counter. With Niou hitting a cord ball, I think he can only returned the 5th counter cleanly ONLY when he's imitating Tezuka. Shiraishi is obviously at a much lower level than Tezuka and so can only return the 5th counter with a cord ball.

excelsior
November 03, 2007, 08:52 PM
That sort of makes sense, although it's kind of weird at the same time. It seems like Niou should focus on just playing to the best of his abilities. But maybe his imitation style doesn't let him do that. He can't improvise--it's all or nothing. So, when he's in the middle of his imitation, he's completely Shiraishi, and he can't go outside Shiraishi's patterns and skills.

So, either Fuji would have beaten Niou-as-Tezuka using his "playing with his eyes closed" tactic or he would have beaten Niou-as-Shiraishi using the 6th counter.

But it seems like the 6th counter wouldn't be very useful against an opponent who could return the 5th counter cleanly... I guess. I dunno. That seems like an annoying flaw, to me.

Then again, maybe the 6th counter would work on any ball that falls slowly near the net, like a drop shot.

murani-san
November 03, 2007, 09:29 PM
The sixth counter is executed under certain conditions. That way if someone can overcome the 5th counter they inevitably set themselves up to being open to the 6th counter. Its quite ingenius actually because Fuji sets it up based on his ability to read the wind.

alexlw92
November 03, 2007, 09:56 PM
so its agreed that the OPPONENT is hitting the cord ball, and FUJI hits it straight up, correct?

another thing, have we realized that the only time rikkai lost in doubles in the ENTIRE series was when they lost their first 2 matches on purpose to nagoya?

i hope nxt chapter brings more info about hoshi hanabi

bradz22
November 03, 2007, 10:06 PM
so its agreed that the OPPONENT is hitting the cord ball, and FUJI hits it straight up, correct?

another thing, have we realized that the only time rikkai lost in doubles in the ENTIRE series was when they lost their first 2 matches on purpose to nagoya?

i hope nxt chapter brings more info about hoshi hanabi

I dunno. if that's the case then it's pretty much more or less a hakuryuu.

alexlw92
November 04, 2007, 02:49 AM
naw, hakuryuu has no power, and is probably lower. you cant get that much lift out of just some spin.

just a thought, could
"First he launches a cord ball straight into the sky, thus erasing it out of your field of vision"
really be
"First he launches THE cord ball straight into the sky, thus erasing it out of your field of vision"

rurounichristian99
November 04, 2007, 08:48 AM
I'm pretty sure it's "he launches THE cord ball." We see Fuji charging the net after Niou returns the 5th counter with a cord ball, so it's either that Fuji counters a cord ball with Meteo Drive, or he returns it with another cord ball which becomes a Meteo Drive. The second one seems a little unnecessary, so I think he returns a cord ball straight into the air for the 6th counter. Also, Fuji's final pose is a lob-looking upward shot, so it's looks unlikely that he hits a cord ball. Kinda like Tsubame Gaeshi only works on an opponent's topspin shot, Hoshi Hanabi works on an opponent's cord ball.

Mrai
November 04, 2007, 06:45 PM
I've read the chapter again. I think it's: he launches THE cord ball(the one which has been shot) into the air thus erasing it...Perhaps they will explain it a bit more next chapter but I'm not so sure they will cause Inui isn't there. Anyway, I think that Rikkai's doubles will have Yagyuu cause if I'm not mistaken the golden combi couldn't stop the laser. If that's the case I don't think that that pair will use synchro.

Crayola
November 04, 2007, 06:50 PM
Well even if Inui isn't there to explain, I'm sure Abarai Renji can since he's similar to Inui in terms of analysis.

Atobe the king
November 04, 2007, 07:20 PM
Well even if Inui isn't there to explain, I'm sure Abarai Renji can since he's similar to Inui in terms of analysis.

Lol you mean Yanagi Renji?

Personally as much as like fuji, i wanted the match to end soon, and i hope the Golden pair wins with teh swiftness i want to see the Demi-god of tennis play

bradz22
November 04, 2007, 09:55 PM
lol @ abarai renji.

alexlw92
November 05, 2007, 04:41 AM
if its "he launches the cord ball", then that means it could be any shot that gets launched up in the air.
but if it "he launches a cord ball", then it means that he can only use it on cord balls

but at least the last chapter was a good closing for fuji. all 5 counters topped off with the 6th one. cant wait to see how they do this in the OVAs
[hr]
and one more thing
niou: "such a great feeling, fuji"

what about "mmm, ecstasy"?

Sai_the_Shaman
November 05, 2007, 11:37 AM
he doesn't actually say mmm, ecstasy.....

As for the 6th counter, due to the vagueness of japanese they don't have clear differentiations between "a" and "the". However, I think it's "a" because all of Fuji's counter's seem to have a requirement to them. For example, Higuma/Kirin Otoshi require a smash in order to pull off. Or how Tsubame Gaeshi is supposed to have a topspin hit at him in order for him to use and how Hakugei requires the wind (supposedly). (I don't know the reqs for 4th and 5th counter though), but given that a counter means that it counters a shot or ability...it would seem Hoshi Hanabi is a cord ball counter.

Furthermore, the actual description of Hoshi Hanabi didn't actually say anything about the ball landing in the opponents court (which Athena8 actually mentions as well). I should've put it as a T/N I know...... but the actual thing says something about it launching up and then falling into the stands.... As we all know that is an invalid move, I had to sort of fill in the blanks to make it make sense. Hopefully when the new fanbook comes out it'll explain it better.

alexlw92
November 05, 2007, 11:51 PM
the pic shows the ball landing behind niou, and then bouncing off to the stands

and i meant that "such a great feeling" sounds like a cheap ripoff of "mmm ecstasy"

dandy65
November 06, 2007, 10:55 AM
I would assume it bounces off the floor first ;| Then jumps to the crowd. And I think it does require a cord ball...He set up the shots so that the ball became a cord ball. Then he used that thing just to counter that guy. Yep.

KuwabaraTheMan
November 07, 2007, 05:15 PM
It seems that prince of tennis doesn't finish in the number 52 of shonen jump, isn't it?

No, that was just a rumor which has sense been disproved.

There is no scheduled time for Prince of Tennis to end.

Dofla
November 08, 2007, 12:30 AM
From Himajin (100%true)

テニス

見開き
不二と手塚の大コマ

不二「この大会が終わったら僕と勝負してくれるかい?」
手塚「ああ、望むところだ」

友情の握手。それを見るリョーマ

で、D1試合。大コマで丸井&ジャッカルvs大石&菊丸登場
試合開始。ジャッカルのサーブから

それを見た桃、越前を引っ張って
桃「越前来い!思い出させてやる、お前の失われた記憶を・・・(手塚に)越前アップさせてきます」
手塚「・・・いいだろう、無茶はするなよ・・・」

コートから菊丸&大石が桃と越前に気付く

菊丸&大石(頼むぞ桃!)

煽り:リョーマに回せ!気持ちは一つ!!

おわり

alexlw92
November 08, 2007, 01:01 AM
Tennis Facing pages unique and the large scene of Tezuka's When "at this conference of the unique ends, or you have a match with me? "Tezuka" well, you desire about ", Handshake of friendship. リョーマ which looks at that So, D1 tournament. With large scene the start of Marui & jackal vs Oishi & chrysanthemum circular appearance tournament. From serve of jackal The peach which looked at that, pulling Echizen, pink "Echizen come! Making remember, the memory where you are lost... (in Tezuka) Echizen "Tezuka who is made to raise"... it probably will be good, it does unreasonable, is... " From coat the chrysanthemum circle & Oishi become aware in the peach and Echizen The chrysanthemum circle & Oishi (you ask, the peach!) Fanning: Turn to リョーマ! As for feeling one! ! End

babelfish ftw.

im guessing "the peach" is momo, and "crysanthemum circle" is eiji. ill fix that

Tennis Facing pages unique and the large scene of Tezuka's When "at this conference of the unique ends, or you have a match with me? "Tezuka" well, you desire about ", Handshake of friendship. リョーマ which looks at that So, D1 tournament. With large scene the start of Marui & jackal vs Oishi & Eiji appearance tournament. From serve of jackal Momshiro which looked at that, pulling Echizen, pink "Echizen come! Making remember, the memory where you are lost... (in Tezuka) Echizen "Tezuka who is made to raise"... it probably will be good, it does unreasonable, is... " From coat the Eiji & Oishi become aware in Momoshiro and Echizen Eiji & Oishi (you ask, Momoshiro!) Fanning: Turn to リョーマ! As for feeling one! ! End

~~~~~~~~~~~

so theres something about tezuka there, and now we know its GP vs bunta and jackal. and momo is trying to get echizens memory back

~~~~~~~~~~~~

one more thing. remember that it was MY THEORY that rikkai purposely used their best players first, and then used their worst players in the middle, so then yukimura can win singles 1 for the championship. thats why bunta and jackal, who were doubles 2 last time, and in the nagoya match, became doubles 1. also, why else would rikkai use 3 of their best 4 players (sanada, yanagi, kirihara) in the first 2 matches?

TEK
November 08, 2007, 01:09 AM
Yea, I figured they'd play Bunta and Jackal. I can't wait for the Golden Pair to demolish them. I am curious though as to how Momo intends to get Echizen's memories back. I still want to know how he lost them to begin with.

Sai_the_Shaman
November 08, 2007, 01:42 AM
テニス
Tennis

見開き
Two Page Spread

不二と手塚の大コマ
Big Panel of Fuji and Tezuka

不二「この大会が終わったら僕と勝負してくれるかい?」
Fuji: After this tournament is over, would you mind having a match with me

手塚「ああ、望むところだ」
Tezuka: Of course, if that's what you want

友情の握手。それを見るリョーマ
The Handshake of Friendship. That is when we see Ryoma

で、D1試合。大コマで丸井&ジャッカルvs大石&菊丸登場
Then there is a big panel of Marui and Jackal vs Oishi and Kikumaru appearing

試合開始。ジャッカルのサーブから
THe match commences. Jackal serves first

それを見た桃、越前を引っ張って
Then we see Momo, He starts to drag Echizen away

桃「越前来い!思い出させてやる、お前の失われた記憶を・・・(手塚に)越前アップさせてきます」
Momo: Come with me Echizen! I'm gonna make you remember your lost memories...(To Tezuka) I'll come back with a booted Echizen

手塚「・・・いいだろう、無茶はするなよ・・・」
Tezuka: Fine, but don't be too reckless...

コートから菊丸&大石が桃と越前に気付く
From the Court, Oishi and Kikumaru notice Momo

菊丸&大石(頼むぞ桃!)
Kikumaru and Oishi: We'll leave it to you, Momo!

煽り:リョーマに回せ!気持ちは一つ!!
Line: Revolving around Ryoma! There is only one mood!!

おわり
End

bradz22
November 08, 2007, 06:40 AM
That's it?? I'm disappointed by this week's chapter if that really is the chapter for this week.

KuwabaraTheMan
November 08, 2007, 10:53 AM
A short description hardly makes up the whole chapter, though. It sounds interesting to me, but it's lame that Momo doesn't actually get a match this time around. Granted, his two matches in the Nationals were easily two of the best in the whole series, but I wanted another one.

Guess we'll have to see what Konomi has planned for after the Nationals.

alexlw92
November 08, 2007, 08:34 PM
but unless yagyuus in singles 1, we wont see him play T-T

Sherlock Holmes
November 08, 2007, 09:21 PM
Momo will probably play(and lose) against ryoma. After the nationals,something like this is going to happen:
Tezuka:...I promised you two I would play. But then we have to play DOUBLES!
Fuji & Echizen: WHAT?
*Tezuka + The flying spaghetti monster team up. The FSM wins. He kills tezuka. But he doesn't care,after all FSM is god*
...ok maybe not. But that would make an awesome fanfic haha.

rtyd1
November 09, 2007, 10:40 AM
*Tezuka + The flying spaghetti monster team up. The FSM wins. He kills tezuka. But he doesn't care,after all FSM is god*
...ok maybe not. But that would make an awesome fanfic haha.

WTF

alexlw92
November 09, 2007, 01:36 PM
didnt they teach u not to use drugs in school?

sherlock shoulda paid more attention

destinator
November 09, 2007, 02:42 PM
New chapter just came out, grab it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21173) my dear PoT fans :D. Uhm I wish you a happy discussion :).

Requiem
November 09, 2007, 05:31 PM
I hope that Jackal/Marui pair has something new to show to pull out Golden Pair's Synchro

I appreciated Konomi's idea to have Momo play against Echizen

Tenshi123
November 09, 2007, 09:45 PM
OOO! I really wanna see the match between Fuji and Tezuka! *starry eyes* OMG, was Eiji crying? O.O Wonder what Momo's gonna do to Echizen... XD Kintarou and Shiraishi are funny.

Atobe the king
November 10, 2007, 11:46 AM
Man i was hoping to see Nioh get slapped

Well looks like Eiji and Oishi will be dragging out the match for Echizens sake

Mrai
November 10, 2007, 12:11 PM
I liked this chapter a lot.

First of all they explained that Fuji's counter was against a cord ball. Then it's Jackal and Bunta(no laser:( ) I think the golden pair are gonna delay the match till Momo comes back and will end everything with synchro. I don't think Rikkai pair will be much stronger than they were maybe they have a new technique though.

I think also that Ryoma has amnesia cause if the Muga no Kyouchi uses images burned in the brain, what happens if you have no memories and you use it? Perhaps that is how the perfect Muga comes out. It's a shame but I don't think we'll see Ryoma and Momo's secret training(perhaps we'll see only 1 chapter)

bax
November 10, 2007, 12:21 PM
I agree, looks like they'll just drag it long enough for Echizen to come back.
Although, it may backfire at them a bit (or they just pretend it backfires). As for me, although Jackal and Bunta may have some new skills up of their sleeves, I don't think they can beat the Golden Pair in the long run (plot wise or just a matchup). The Golden Pair will pull this off.

But, for Echizen's amnesia, I agree it must have a connection to Muga. Perhaps in order to reach perfection, he needs to "cleanse" himself and find his inner spirit? Kinda like those old Japanese stories about samurais, where they go into deep meditation in order to advance in power.

Sherlock Holmes
November 10, 2007, 02:18 PM
didnt they teach u not to use drugs in school?

sherlock shoulda paid more attention

It's not drugs. That is just my religion.
Sure,religion drugs....same thing.
But if you want to know more about the FSM....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Sai_the_Shaman
November 10, 2007, 03:13 PM
Ryoma's state is most likely due to his training for Ten'imuhou no Kiwami. If you remember what I said a few discussion threads back, Muga no Kyouchi shouldn't have been translated as State of Self Actualization. A better term is State of No Self or State of Self Effacement. Meaning that when in the state you lose your ego and self so that you can tap into your internal energies to perform techniques. if Ten'imuhou really is the perfected pinnacle of this, then amnesia seems to be a valid way to completely lose your self.

As for Marui and Jackal, I think they're a lot stronger than people think. They won last time in the Kantou finals and during Nagoya they purposely threw the match so that they could evolve Akaya. Also we don't know if Oishi and Kikumaru can consciously perform Synchro yet. (Though they probably can). I do expect that we see a few new techniques for each of them, probably a new volley from Bunta, a new shot of some sort from Jackal, a new teritory or evolved moon volley-ish move from Oishi, and Kikumaru will probably get a new move as well.

jasminech
November 10, 2007, 06:15 PM
Oooh, I can't wait until the next chapter. I really do hope we get to see some the training between Ryoma and Momo. And about being able to perform Synchro consciously - I thought it was something that came UNCONSCIOUSLY? and that it couldn't be willed?

I am wondering whether or not Ryoma can play tennis with his amnesia, his body might just react naturally, although he may not have any idea what he's doing? (also, does anyone remember the anime episode where Kaidoh lost his memories? :P)

bradz22
November 11, 2007, 03:19 AM
lol!! is that for real??? so a flying spaghetti is your God?? So that means you worship and bow before a spaghetti and meatballs then??

KuwabaraTheMan
November 11, 2007, 02:39 PM
It's good to see Jackal and Marui playing again. They're a good pair, and this should be a good Doubles 1 match.

But I'm more interested in Momoshiro and Echizen right now, and what Momo is going to do to awaken him.

alexlw92
November 11, 2007, 09:54 PM
i think GP will get in a tight spot due to trying to draw out the match (oishi spamming moon volley to get past bunta) and overreliance on synchro

but they will win in the end

bradz22
November 12, 2007, 03:38 AM
pot would so suck if marui and jackal can't return moon volley. i mean this is already the nationals for goodness sake.

alexlw92
November 13, 2007, 04:20 AM
no, i meant like, if bunta can get the ball, he'll just end it with tightrope or bellhit, so oishi will just moonvolley to get it over him

rtyd1
November 14, 2007, 12:04 PM
I wanna know just how many people follow the FSM religion

Sherlock Holmes
November 14, 2007, 04:08 PM
I wanna know just how many people follow the FSM religion
over 2 million. But it's a joke you know. The whole thing is just to show how stupid religions are.

Sai_the_Shaman
November 14, 2007, 05:09 PM
Well as funny as the FSM is, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to get back on track with the convo....

murani-san
November 14, 2007, 06:59 PM
I really liked the chapter myself. It seems to be moving along fairly well. There will be a drawing out process for the Golden Pair but don't the GP look totally relaxed? I don't even recall the last time they had an easy match.

I'm also thinking that Ryoma was trying to evolve and lost his memories and as a result he'll face Yukimura with a totally different playing style. Its curious that Ryoma was away and we didn't get any inclination that his dad knew. Hopefully it was his dad that was revealed to be behind it, pushing Ryoma to new heights.

rtyd1
November 14, 2007, 08:41 PM
This was the most boring chapter in a long time cause nothing happened, i hope the next makes up for it
Konomi show us a new GP technique

dokoham
November 14, 2007, 11:14 PM
Genius366 桃城武

桃白の回想
決勝前日、手塚に明日お前は補欠だと告げられる。
全国決勝で戦うことを目標に頑張ってきた日々を思い出し、泣く桃白。
手塚「お前は青学の土台になれ。越前や来年の青学を支えられるのはお前だけだ」
回想終わり

桃白、自分がテニス部に入ってから今までのことを越前に話し出す
少しやる気を出し、コートに入る越前

D1は1-0で黄金リード。同調はまだ

煽り:託された想い リョーマ始動!!

Sherlock Holmes
November 14, 2007, 11:37 PM
*trying to use google to translate something*
Genius366 

Momo has a flashback
In the day before the finals
Momo goes all emo for not playing in the finals
Someone says that he would be the "seigaku pillar" together with echizen in the next year
End of the flashback

Now momo has to help Echizen to gain confidence because
he is part of the tennis team

The golden pair leads 1-0

Ryoma starts to think about something.

Ok,that is the best I could do with the little japanese I know and google i_i

KuwabaraTheMan
November 15, 2007, 01:32 AM
Momo and Ryoma as the Pillar next year, eh. Seems like Konomi might be hinting at continuing into the next season.

Crayola
November 15, 2007, 01:57 AM
Not necessarily, in ES21, Takami passes the baton off to Shin, but I think it's unlikely that there'll be another year for ES21 especially since it seems the Christmas bowl will be the climax.

bradz22
November 15, 2007, 03:05 AM
that's it?? no special moves and techniques?? :(

rtyd1
November 15, 2007, 11:14 AM
Its not the full script of the chapter
If i remember jackal was serving so the GP would have had to do something special to get an opening break

KuwabaraTheMan
November 15, 2007, 07:28 PM
Not necessarily, in ES21, Takami passes the baton off to Shin, but I think it's unlikely that there'll be another year for ES21 especially since it seems the Christmas bowl will be the climax.

Not necessarily, but it is possible.

I recall reading at some point that Konomi said he had enough plans for all 3 of Ryoma's years at Seigaku. I don't know if that's true or not, but I've read it from fairly reliable sources.

We'll probably have a better idea of his future plans for the series in a couple of months.

Atobe the king
November 15, 2007, 10:53 PM
that would be a really long series, may even rival one piece

rtyd1
November 16, 2007, 10:58 AM
It could be as long as HnI
Think if 1 year is 400 ch then there could be +1000 ch
Unfortunately it wont happen as POT will become more repetitive think Drive Z.etc and so becomes less popular

Siru
November 16, 2007, 06:00 PM
I know, has PoT been rapidly decreasing in popularity or what? I remember it used to be real huge until the latest tournament came up and it start decreasing dramatically.

uchihaj
November 16, 2007, 08:45 PM
I know, has PoT been rapidly decreasing in popularity or what? I remember it used to be real huge until the latest tournament came up and it start decreasing dramatically.

I think it was too drastic of a change in the players strength too suddenly.

Sai_the_Shaman
November 16, 2007, 08:51 PM
The RAW is out!!! Get is HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21582)

We finally get a glimpse of the kind of training Ryoma went through for Ten'imuhou no Kiwami!!! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Have fun discussing!!!

hip
November 16, 2007, 09:07 PM
or konomi could do like in captain tsubasa and jump directly to the third year, and have a real match between ryoma and kintaro ! or have ryoma win the nationals for the third time and be the first to do it !

TEK
November 16, 2007, 10:07 PM
Man, I can't wait for the translations. It looks like at the end that Echizen may have remembered something. I also want to know what Nanjiroh is saying to Echizen during that flashback.

murani-san
November 16, 2007, 11:20 PM
Ha Ha I was right, I just knew Nanjirou wasn't around for a reason and I figured Ryoma would go all far off by himself without anyone knowing. That crazy dad Nanjirou was trying to push Ryoma into reaching the Pinnacle of Perfection and clocked his son in the head.

Now time for my next prediction: The Golden Pair will start to lose then Ryoma will show up, ask the Golden Pair isn't it time they started getting serious and then the Golden Pair will win 6-4. This should take about 3 chapters.

TEK
November 17, 2007, 02:55 AM
Yea, I agree. I can't see the GP match lasting much longer than 3 chapters. Marui/Jackal have now already removed their wrist weights. We have already seen most, if not all, of their moves last time they played. The GP is just buying time for Ryoma to come back with his memories. And like you said, when Ryoma returns, the GP will finish up their match with a victory.

shahrizal85
November 17, 2007, 04:10 AM
So, Ryoma is in some kind of harsh training before he lost his memory. But what kind of trianing would Nanjirou give Ryoma? The whole idea that Ryoma lost his memories totally surprised me.

KuwabaraTheMan
November 17, 2007, 01:20 PM
Great chapter. I loved that final page. Let's see Momo reawaken Ryoma's abilities.

And Marui and Jackal are getting serious. I'm sure they've improved since we last saw them.

KuwabaraTheMan
November 17, 2007, 01:22 PM
As far as popularity goes, the past couple of weeks Prince of Tennis has been moving up towards the front of the Jump magazine (where the most popular series like One Piece, Reborn, Naruto, etc are) again, after having been towards the bottom half for most of the past year or so.

So it seems like it might be getting a bit of a popularity revival, although 2 weeks isn't enough to say for sure.

bax
November 17, 2007, 03:38 PM
Hmm.. personally, I don't think Ryoma will be awaken outside the match, if he is destined to open the Ten'muhou no Kiwami in the last match, would be an anti-climax (Ryoma is known to use Muga right from the start >_>).

If he does awoken, then probably he's going into an amnesia in the middle of the match, or Yukimura has something really "inhuman". He after all, can beat Sanada's six sealed techniques (at least from what he said).

Althogh.. I kinda get the hunch that his battle with Yukimura would be a flashback-filled. Perhaps, after he awoken, he'll get flashbacks on his tennis life, and slowly reaching Ten'muhou no Kiwami.

But that's another story :p Yeah, a good transition chapter this week. A balance of Ryoma's stroy and the heating of the current doubles match. I really like to see what the Golden Pair has in store.

Mrai
November 17, 2007, 05:01 PM
I hope that in the middle of the training with Momoshiro we will hear "mada mada dane" from Ryoma without seeing the court meaning that he has remebered everything or get the pinnacle of perfection. But I don't want to see the court at that moment, cause it would be great to see Ryoma use the pinnacle of perfection against Yukimura instead of in a training against Momoshiro. But I guess that Ryoma will awaken in the match against Yukimura instead of the training.

murani-san
November 17, 2007, 06:47 PM
Yes I definitely think Ryoma won't truly awaken until he's in the match with Yukimura. We'll see Yukimura push Ryoma in each game and Ryoma will go through all his stages and techniques and just when it seems Yukimura has thoroughly trashed Ryoma he'll be like "mada mada dane" and Yukimura won't score another point.

Streifen
November 17, 2007, 09:39 PM
when echizen battles yukimura, i am hoping to see him use the other 2 doors before he uses pinnacle of perfection... =)

greed
November 18, 2007, 12:10 AM
ahhh. i think yukimura has already opened pinnacle of perfection. assuming one premise to open pinnacle of perfection is you must have an amnesia, maybe just maybe, yukimura when he was injured and eventually got better has opened his pinnacle of perfection. or he has an insane technique like the rinnegan of pain ang he was able to predict and see the ball's motion. just kidding! anyway, one thing is for sure and that is ryoma remembering everything.

another prediction is the golden pair will be pushed to the edge of losing. but with ryoma regaining his memories and entering the court to cheer them, the golden pair will have a renewed enthusiasm and will turn the tide with a different formation withe their new and improved techniques!

Atobe the king
November 18, 2007, 05:08 PM
Yukimura has to be able to bend space and time or transcend reality

Rikkai's a pretty weird team when i think of it....

Sanada literally teleports with Rai
Kirihara can change his hair ans skin color at will
Nioh creates supernatural illusions

Yukimura's abiities would fit in with those weird techniques

dandy65
November 19, 2007, 11:43 AM
Oh oh! Yukimura must have 2 more clones! And they can see each other's dead angle! Hey Kikumaru can do that too xD

alexlw92
November 20, 2007, 12:33 AM
cept all of kikumarus clones have eijis skillz

Atobe the king
November 20, 2007, 12:28 PM
Clones aren't worthy of the Tennis Demi god, yukimura has the ability tear into reality when he serves, and he never touches the racket, his esp does it for him

But let's get back on topic before we get scolded by Sai XP

I noticed Nanjirou looked kind of regretful before his flashback

piccu
November 21, 2007, 04:30 PM
It's kinda sad that PoT's popularity decreased due to Muga and SoSA^^
It's understandable though, since the introduction of these two powers ridiculed Tenipuri...
So PoT is really going to end in Weekly Jump #52? Thought that it was oficial, but someone told that's a rumour -___-
In case Seigaku wins the Nationals, I want PoT to end, I wouldn't be able to bear the fact that they've never lost;
in my opinion it would be much nicer if they lost, that would have had a much bigger impact on Ryoma's development.

Streifen
November 22, 2007, 01:00 AM
yukimura's serves might be like kamehamehas.. hahaha...
ok seriously... yukimura was stated to be the best in the series ryt?... so i really think he can do teni muhou no kiwami... yukimura also said he is the only one that can beat sanada... tezuka's saiki and hyakuren was beaten by sanada! so i really think he is capable of doing the final door... so the final match might be a battle of teni muhous!

Sai_the_Shaman
November 22, 2007, 01:11 AM
I seriously think that Yukimura can't do Ten'imuhou, if he could it would've been a much bigger deal since people have supposedly seen him play before and thus should be able to tell whether or not he could. If he could, he would be the first since Nanjirou and thus it would be a huge deal to the tennis world of PoT

Jame[S]tain
November 22, 2007, 05:21 AM
I think that yukimura cannot do tenni muhou, but he could be thinking of a way to counter that thing.

Crayola
November 22, 2007, 11:25 AM
Well, I don't think anyone knows what Pinnacle of Perfection looks like, so I don't think he could think of a way to counter it before even seeing it

Fayte
November 22, 2007, 12:21 PM
How else can someone be capable of defeating Sanada? Yukimura most likely has PoP.

Streifen
November 22, 2007, 12:33 PM
i dont think that there is a way of countering something that is perfect.... :)
maybe ryoma will learn the teni muhou during the latter part in his match against yukimura... because if ryoma masters the technique early... yukimura might not have a chance.. making the last match meaningless.. unless yukimura has PoP....

mr. crayola, r u going to make the chapter for this week?....
anyway... happy thanksgiving to everyone.... :D

bradz22
November 22, 2007, 04:26 PM
How else can someone be capable of defeating Sanada? Yukimura most likely has PoP.

it could just be the techniques he has and has better stats overall.

if yukimura has pop, then how could echizen beat him then even if he gets pop too sometime during the match? yukimura would have more experience with the pop.

hip
November 22, 2007, 06:40 PM
Muga and SoSA are the same things, arent they ?

Sai_the_Shaman
November 22, 2007, 07:53 PM
I think he means the Kiwami and Muga. Yep, Muga and Sosa is the same thing

Siru
November 22, 2007, 09:42 PM
Curse Konomi for introducing such ridiculous techniques. ;_;

Sherlock Holmes
November 22, 2007, 10:54 PM

Simple!you just have to be the main character.

alexlw92
November 23, 2007, 01:24 AM
everything in pot was (somewhat) plausible, until the arrival of MnK

i.e. apparantly (according to one of my friends) ive done a boomerang snake...
i dont remember it, but...

but if konomi didnt introduce muga, then the series woulda died from becoming too boring. tezuka needed a new move, and most of his matches in nationals revolved around it (vs. kite, vs. kabaji, vs. chitose), and since seigakus almost certain to win, how can you beat someone whos "the best" without an ultimate skill. muga also helps show how good nanjirou rly was (only person to unlock PoP), and...yeah...

alexlw92
November 23, 2007, 01:32 AM
great deduction skillz sherlock

but i still cant see how yukimura could be the best. we have
godly power- gin+taka
godly speed- kamio+kenya
godly technique- shiraishi
godly skills- sanada
godly muga-ness- tezuka+chitose+ryoma

so unless he has all of those, i cant see how he could be the best

Sherlock Holmes
November 23, 2007, 02:30 PM
he can explode the ball just by saying "Explode". Probably something that. But less plausible.

rtyd1
November 23, 2007, 05:08 PM
The first stage of muga was acceptable as it involved using opponents techs but when we found out about the three doors POT has ventured to far into fantasy territory and now is a real as Bleach and Naruto. Notice how Eyeshield 21 has retained a degree of realism and that its more popular than POT

EvolutionXI
November 23, 2007, 08:42 PM
Yah, the 3 doors pretty much killed it. With just the first stage, there was all the exhaustion and stuff. But now we have entire games played with one or more doors opened. The difference between some of the people are so big now because of it.

Astray
November 23, 2007, 10:12 PM
What happened to this being the spoiler's discussion? This looks more like a techniques discussion to me

Sai_the_Shaman
November 23, 2007, 11:58 PM
RAW is Out!!!! Get it HERE (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21901)!!!!

Looks Like Ryoma starts his long road to regaining his memory!!!

piccu
November 24, 2007, 12:47 AM
- Ryoma and Nanjirou camping in the forest recap: Ryoma serving against a waterfall -__-
- Nanjirou "Abuneee (Dangerous), Ryoma"
End of Recap

- Momo uses his dunk smash, Echizen's eyes turn Muga-mode, Momo/Echizen ghey recap panel
Echizen: "Umm, could you do that [smash] just now once more? "

Konomi, you've left me in despair -_______-

bradz22
November 24, 2007, 06:22 AM
oh man. i was expecting the gp to show up this week. :(

rtyd1
November 24, 2007, 06:41 AM
An interesting chapter but why no GP.
The next time we see them they will probably be 3-1 down and use the sync tech at the end of the chapter to make a comeback

EvolutionXI
November 24, 2007, 06:44 AM
It's nice to see more of how Ryoma's training was, but I'm surprised we don't see anything at all from the current match. It's interesting how Ryoma's already relearning stuff though.

rtyd1
November 24, 2007, 06:55 AM
By the yuki match hr will have his MnK back and during the match he will open all three doors to win

rtyd1
November 24, 2007, 06:57 AM
There were no spoilers this week, but the raw came out at its usual time

Atobe the king
November 24, 2007, 11:31 AM
I DONT GIVE A DAMN about the GP match

I must be the only one that loved this chapter, weve seen ryoma's learning side in botht he flashback and the match with momo it adds more to his character to see him trying to learn something rather that being cocky

Besides when it all comes down, its called the prince of tennis and ryoma hasn't done anything important since chapter 339, let the main charater shine a little

piccu
November 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
Besides when it all comes down, its called the prince of tennis and ryoma hasn't done anything important since chapter 339, let the main charater shine a little
I'm still uber convinced that Fuji's the real Prince of Tennis (http://piccu.livejournal.com/8196.html) and thus the main character :p .

Well, I don't care that much about the Golden Pair match as well, and I doubt that they will get more technique depth or character development. They had their memorial recap page already back in the vs. Shishido-san and Choutarou (Hyoutei) matches, which actually mark some kind of development climax as it did in this chapter or the InuKai match .

Mrai
November 24, 2007, 11:52 AM
I also liked this chapter in which they show Ryoma training with Momoshiro since we know the GP will win. I also liked that they are showing Ryoma's training with his father and that Ryoma is starting to remember. Though I wonder what is the training in hitting the balls with a stick?

IndigoSkies
November 24, 2007, 05:08 PM
Hm...disappointed at the lack of Golden Pair, but it's interesting to see the training Ryoma went through with his dad...and how he's getting his memories back by playing against Momo.
Hopefully there will be more Golden Pair next week...

alexlw92
November 24, 2007, 05:18 PM
next chapter, we'll see one of them getting pwn3d, either GP or bunta-jackal

i wanna know how ryoma lost his memories. was it a fall, or a rock, or a rly fast dropping piece of bird crap, etc.

prediction: ryoma didnt fully master tenimuhou during the training, so he has to do it himself during the yuki match. and i also predict a lot of dunksmashing nxt chapter

Tenshi123
November 24, 2007, 06:15 PM
What was that bear thing? Maybe it was that?

Sai_the_Shaman
November 24, 2007, 06:46 PM
It was a wild boar, Tenshi and I think they ended up cooking it....

murani-san
November 24, 2007, 11:24 PM
Yup a wild boar, looked like they really enjoyed eating it too.

I figured we'd see very little out of the GP because a) the GP gets the least technique development of all the characters excluding Kawamura and b) its a filler match to allow Ryoma time to regain his skills.

It was nice seeing Nanjirou taking an active interest in Ryoma's growth and giving him a hint as to how to reach PoP. Basically its not about seeing or anything its about unlocking the ability to see with your mind and having all the skills like judging the wind and weather, able to tell opponent's strikes by the sound and stuff like that. Basically its only you and the ball on the court and you're not even paying attention to the other player just the ball.

Streifen
November 25, 2007, 03:07 AM
my prediction will be like this... during the yuki match... ryoma will do his best of course... using his SoSA... but still it isnt enough... yukimura will take the lead... then ryoma will try harder, opens the Hyaku Ren Jitoku No Kiwami... then Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami.... then the last door!... Teni Muhō No Kiwami... yeah!...

alexlw92
November 25, 2007, 03:35 AM
the wild boar was their dinner, and it demonstrated how much better nanjiro was than ryoma, and it pushed ryoma to work harder to hit the rock.

ShinobiFFS
November 25, 2007, 07:33 AM
If we dont get the whole golden pair match im gonna cry myself to sleep the next 12 months.
I want at least 3 chapters!!!!

And this echizen shit couldve been finished in 1 chapter, but nooo, waste my time with this shit :/ they couldve cut the whole last chapter, and most of this since it was crap.

just give me a nanjiroh flashback and i can wait until the match. (know most of you will disagree though^^)

murani-san
November 25, 2007, 09:57 PM
Face it Shinobi, the GP skills equate to the least likely gaining of individual power ups so all there needs to be is a flashback moment for GP and then a new formation thus taking the match. Konomi is taking his time and getting all of the Ryoma flashbacks out of the way so that his match vs Yukimura will be uninterrupted which means Ryoma will go through a couple stages of advancement during the match.

lazyboyrod
November 26, 2007, 01:33 AM
Yup no spoiler this week

Streifen
November 27, 2007, 02:52 AM
nanjirou hits the pig with a small stone... then ryoma was amzed by his father bcoz he was able to see the pig and hit it with that much power... then his father said he wasnt lookin when he hits the pig with the stone.... did i get it ryt?..... and what happend wen nanjirou said watch out?......

Atobe the king
November 27, 2007, 12:29 PM
If we dont get the whole golden pair match im gonna cry myself to sleep the next 12 months.
I want at least 3 chapters!!!!

And this echizen shit couldve been finished in 1 chapter, but nooo, waste my time with this shit :/ they couldve cut the whole last chapter, and most of this since it was crap.

just give me a nanjiroh flashback and i can wait until the match. (know most of you will disagree though^^)

You do know who the Prince of tennis is right? hint hint...its not Oishi or Eiji >_>

WHy should they cut the chapter, Ryoma Hardly EVER does any onscreen training, the golden pairs matches are among the most boring, the only one i enjoyed was Rikkai and ONLY because Nioh and yagyu are made of win

I'm No Ryoma Fanboy (see username) but this main character hating has got to stop, it's not like he doesn't practice and just win matches, the only character to do that was Akutsu, Ryoma hasn't done anything of importance since his one point match with Kintarou, let the man shine now.

Fayte
November 27, 2007, 09:48 PM
What I find strange is how the chapters don't seem to be rushed at all. Instead it seems to be dragged on as always. Strange as to how PoT is supposed to end soon.