PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Spoiler Threads

kuroi-san
August 01, 2007, 12:03 PM
i know this is the wrong forum, and i know the mods are going to delete my post, but i really want to argue against deleting obviously fake spoilers. for people such as myself, reading spoilers that i know are fake is really fun. its like they are fan fics, or alternate story paths. i really wish you would not delete the ones that you call "obviously fake", because they are usually a source of really cool ideas or possibilities. ttx, bax, gold, whoever, please stop deleting them. it's cool with me if you want to mark them with a giant FAKE in red letters or something, but please let them stay on.

kuroi-san
August 01, 2007, 12:12 PM
i have just posted in the "spoiler pics and summaries" thread for chap 365, and i don't really care if it gets deleted because it is probably in the wrong place.

i want to mount an argument AGAINST deleting the obviously fake spoilers that come very early in the week. i know that alot of the time they are dumb, make no sense, are full of plot holes or inconsitencies, but i say WHATEVER! i think they are very fun to read anyways, and i have been very disappointed over the last two weeks to notice that some mods are deleting or removing spoilers they call "obviously fake".

i hope some of you feel the same way, because just me by myself clearly isn't going to swing the position of the mods. but i just want to say that it is a very big part of enjoying naruto weekly that i will no longer be able to have.

hopefully some of you feel the same, and hopefully some mods will take this into consideration.

thanks

Nami
August 01, 2007, 12:33 PM
Hi kuroi-san, moved your post here.

Noted your comments, and yeah, I understand how you feel, cos I am amused by some of the fake spoilers sometimes too.
But for this recent spoiler thread, it had gotten out of hand.
Firstly, it was a wrong fake spoiler which resulted in flaming/bashing/off topic in that thread itself. Secondly, another member posted a google translation which is plainly confusing, and this resulted in more flaming/off topic in the spoiler discussion thread. We acted fairly based on members reactions to the post.

If you noticed, most of the spoiler pics have stayed in all the older spoiler threads. And of course, we'll consider your suggestion and mark in RED if its obvious fakes next time.

Thanks for your feedback :)

p.s. this post will be locked in 6 hours.

supah
August 01, 2007, 02:07 PM
i second kuroi-san. the fakes are amusing whether good or bad.

but i agree also that there is a need to maintain control and not let the uses run amok. i think the mods do a stellar job allowing people to show their creativity while keeping the peace.

keep it up!

Dxl
August 01, 2007, 02:54 PM
yeah that's true! i love to read them too :) i hope people will stop the spamming in the spoiler discussion thread for the sake for our amusement :D

dapharmer
August 01, 2007, 03:24 PM
all allowing them to continue does is convince people to keep making them which for the majority here who do not want to read them just frustrates us to no end.

plus all fake spoilers do is give people false hope that their theories are right .. and then when they start quoting fake spoilers as proof of those theories you get the arguments like last week.

why not just open fan-fiction threads instead where you know what you're getting going in. a spoiler should be something that spoils the true plot of the story .. a picture or description of said story a day or two before it will come out, simply to whet our appetite for those of us who can't wait a full 7 days. fan fiction has no place in that.

kuroi-san
August 01, 2007, 03:58 PM
dapharmer how does reading fake spoilers frustrate you? i'm suggesting that they should be marked false, but not deleted. and why do you care about random peoples' theories? it's not like they FORCE you to read / hear about them.

the idea of creating a new thread just seems pointless, and i doubt the mods will bother to do it anyways. all that needs to be done is someone (namely a mod or someone with some measure of authority) go through and mark them false. or they could, as you said, move them to a different thread.

Schabrak
August 01, 2007, 04:28 PM
Those fakes are the source of DUMB thoughts of some members, who maintain their opinion, even if it is absolutly proven that it can't be true.

Admins, please delete the fakes are they are proven as fake immediately. ^_^

dapharmer how does reading fake spoilers frustrate you? i'm suggesting that they should be marked false, but not deleted. and why do you care about random peoples' theories? it's not like they FORCE you to read / hear about them.

the idea of creating a new thread just seems pointless, and i doubt the mods will bother to do it anyways. all that needs to be done is someone (namely a mod or someone with some measure of authority) go through and mark them false. or they could, as you said, move them to a different thread.

Theroy crafters are by far worse than trolls!

kenshiro
August 01, 2007, 06:29 PM
seriously? its fun reading fakes? bored much? rather sad imo.

damn i just wasted 5sec of my life typing this.

ttxdragon
August 01, 2007, 07:31 PM
as a mod directly talked to, i would like to answer too, although nami pretty much said everything...

We usually do not delete fake spoilers.
But in the last 2 weeks or so the amount of fake spoilers was extremely high and the result of those fake spoilers where three things:
spam. flame. off topic-ness. :notrust
We acted accordingly and deleted the fakes that caused such commotion (one fake spoiler was posted at the source on June 14th (!!!!!)) and/or locked the spoiler discussion threads temporarily.

While there are for sure people around who enjoy reading fakes and all, i would like you to take into consideration that there are many people who are being annoyed by these also.
the constant bringing up of hopes that a new spoiler might be true is not something everyone likes and wants. We aren't just here to try and serve one group of people in a community that enjoys "dumb fakes" or something, we try to somehow manage to keep it balanced and have both sides satisfied to the best degree possible for us. I hope you can see our side on the matter too ;)

Furthermore, if you really enjoy fake spoilers that much, i would like to point you to fanfictions, they are often just as or far more entertaining than fake spoilers are and serve well to get over times of free time. :amuse

some links:
http://www.fanfiction.net/
http://www.mediaminer.org/
http://www.ficwad.com/ (currently off due to database works)

there are more sites like these, but fanfiction.net and mediaminer.org seem like the most popular ^^

But rest assured that your point of view is noted and being incorporated into our way of handling those fakes, though i can't say we won't delete fake spoilers again, we will at least do like we usually do: not delete fakes.

greetz
ttxdragon

p.s. in accordance to namis notice, i am going to close this thread ^^

matsyes
August 07, 2007, 02:50 AM
Hey , Concerning the spoiler threads being closed till next monday could that be changed. Even though it says SJ will not be released this week doesn't mean the spoilers of next week's SJ cant come out. It's happened before when Naruto skipped a week and It could happen again. I know the spamming on the spoiler threads is annoying but perhaps you could take this into consideration.

Allashandra
August 07, 2007, 03:10 AM
At this time we will keep the spoiler threads closed. If a reliable spoiler comes in before than it can be pm'd to a mod and the thread can be opened again. I'm locking this thread since it's served it's purpose.

jiro
August 21, 2007, 05:28 AM
No spoiler is better than reading fake.
It was so much thrilling before, reading the old spoilers that where really spoilers.
Whether to read the spoiler or wait for the release...
This time, you just have to guess if its real or not. really annoying. waste of internet time and brain function to read, understand, ridicule, argue, comment, discuss, type, protest.

It's suppose to Spoil not Deceive/Predict the plot.

Should be moved to Predictions not Spoiler.

bax
August 21, 2007, 07:05 AM
While we know that some spoilers really sound fake, that doesn't mean we can delete them, just like that UNLESS that spoiler sparks negative discussions like flaming & bashing. For all this while, there are early spoilers that sound like fake turning true, while there are spoilers with Japanese text turned to be fake after all. Until we get some images to confirm the spoilers, there's no way we can tell, whether a spoiler is true or not.

But that doesn't mean we don't do anything about it. We will tag the obviously fake spoilers as Fake Spoiler and put it in spoiler tags, so you won't have to click and read it. That way, you don't have to read the spoiler tagged posts. However, we will delete those posts that just being there for fun, and not contributing at all.

In any circumstances, we will review this to fit in with the situation from time to time.

heiky0711
August 21, 2007, 08:49 AM
I have to admit, even if the spoilers are fake. It's kinda fun to read while waiting for the actual manga :)

Moved, since out of topic at Spoilers Thread

dapharmer
August 21, 2007, 08:54 AM
you have to put up with the fake spoilers weekly because too often people here either whine and moan about people complaining about them or asking for them to be removed.. or as was said perfectly earlier.. just commenting on them being fake or saying they're good fakes or whatever, is just giving people the attention they crave that leads them to come back and make more fake garbage the next week..

i just love though how alot of the same people who derided me when i complained bout them a month ago, are doing the same now

and i'm sorry but you mods here need to examine your rules some .. you punish people for pointing out something is fake while encouraging others to waste our time with garbage .. I'm sorry if my complaining about that doesn't fit into the pecking order you guys are going for but you honestly are losing my respect more and more each week as you let people get away and let the fanboys push you into making this board naruto fantasy hour.. instead of a place to actually get info early like it had been for a long time..

and one last comment .. call it a flame if you want.. but the people who say "who cares if it's fake.. reading it is fun anyway" .. no .. no it's not .. it's a complete waste of time and if you want to read fanfiction then please.. save us all the aggrivation and go to a fanfiction site..

kluzman
August 21, 2007, 09:04 AM
Well I personally have nothing wrong with fake spoilers : if nothing else, at least they kill time, and sometimes they're even funny (this week's first was more than funny.. It was THE perfect fake : Not believable in anyway, obviously not translated from japanese.. It was a piece of pure, perfect, fakeness :tem )
I don't really understand what's wrong with having a good laugh at these. We can discuss seriously about the spoilers that look real when they come out anyway.
Of course there may be things I'm not aware of (like the database of the forum filling too quickly), but actually I can't see what's wrong with reading these things and commenting on them, even when they're fake.

Moved, since out of topic at Spoilers Thread

Nami
August 21, 2007, 11:24 AM
@dapharmer

Moved your post here since you were out of topic there.

This issue has been mentioned before and to have another view of thoughts, please refer to this 'Stop deleting Fake Spoilers' (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16230)for more info. Your comments are interesting and trueful to a certain point. However, there are 2 school of trains of thoughts here, and as much as we don't encourage fake spoilers posting, we want to be fair to everyone here.

If you hang around MH long enough, you'll know the spoilers will start appearing only maybe around Wednesday onwards, so maybe it'll be better to check the spoiler thread around those days then.

p.s. this thread will be locked in 6 hours.

Gold Knight
September 20, 2007, 04:24 AM
For the sake of keeping the forum a little more organized, I've merged all these threads regarding complaints about the spoiler threads into one comprehensive thread. If there are any further threads on the subject, they will be merged into this one as well, eventually.