PDA

View Full Version : Movie *Spoiler* Naruto Shippuden Movie review

Fiddle
August 07, 2007, 07:47 AM
Ok. I'll say it from the very beginning, if you don't want to read this review of the new naruto because of spoilers then don't because I WILL write spoilers in it.

Story:

An ancient demon has been released and will take over the world unless it's sealed. The demon sends out his subordinates to kill the only person in the world who is capable of sealing the demon. But before this happens has got a clue of the demons realease and motive and sent Naruto, Sakura, Rock Lee and Neji to protect to girl Shion so that she can seal the demon. The girl Shion can also see the future death of people around her and when naruto cames to save her from the demons subordinate she sees naruto's death. How will naruto handle the fact that he's going to die?

Main characters:

Naruto
Sakura
Neji
Rock lee
Shion (the one who is supossed to seal the demon)

Good points

+ I acctually thought this movie was quite funny
+ I liked some of the fighting scenes which was quite cool IMO
+ Naruto's never give up attitude

Bad points

- I think it was vary badly animated for a movie
- It felt more like a filler episode then a movie
- Naruto died but that changed in a very cheap way IMO
- The stone army got really beaten up by naruto in the end but wasn't harmed abit when gai, kakashi and the other jounins attacked them
- The movie just didn't have the catching feeling that the naruto series have

Questions

Q: Does Naruto really die?
A: Yes he dies in a death prediction from the girl Shion.

Q: Which is the main characters?
A: Read above.

Q: Is it worth seeing?
A:

Yes, if you want a laugh.
No, if you ecpext alot from the movie.

Thoughts

If you want a laugh or two then the movie is worth seeing but other then that it's really crappy. The best scene in the movie was the very last scene when the character Shion makes a statement that is really funny and Naruto agrees without understanding abit of it. I think that you should skip seeing this movie though. The story wasn't that great and like stated above the animation was really crappy for a animated movie.

Overall 6/10 because of funny jokes every now and then.

Thanks. So naruto didn't really died. hmmm but it was a prediction. anyhow, i hope we get to see how this play out.

lordHokage
August 07, 2007, 04:31 PM
A harsh movie review, thank you. I can not wait to see this movie. :)

BigCamaro
August 07, 2007, 06:50 PM
question, does the movie attempt to fit into the timeline after the current anime arc?
IE does kakashi not leading the team mean its because of him being bedridden from overusing the MS, or is that a possible interpretation?

also does Naruto use the Oodama/Big Ball Rasengan at any point in the film?

Fiddle
August 07, 2007, 08:27 PM
A harsh movie review, thank you. I can not wait to see this movie. :)

Yeah I know, sorry for that. I'm new with writing these kind of review so. ;)
I just felt that I had to do something for this comunity by seeing this movie and tell you guys my thoughts of it. I am taking manga from here every week so. I could have seen transformers or any other good movie but choose this just to tell everyone my thoughts of it so.

question, does the movie attempt to fit into the timeline after the current anime arc?
IE

does kakashi not leading the team mean its because of him being bedridden from overusing the MS, or is that a possible interpretation?

also does Naruto use the Oodama/Big Ball Rasengan at any point in the film?

Answer to the 2 question:

1:
No, it doesn't fit into the timeline at all as we can see that kakashi is fighting fit and fine with all the other jounins and isn't beeing in a bed half dead of exhaustion, the one who leads the team this time is Neji.

2:
I was waiting and waiting and waiting for it to happen, but it didn't happen. It felt like an filler episode in the remarks that he only uses "mass kage bunshin" and "rasengan" only. Though I liked how they were making this movie more taijutsu then ninjutsu and genjutsu.

And in the end you'll see the largest ever Rasengan that has the power of "Love" or so to say.
In the end the princess also literally say that she want naruto to lend his "power" to give her a child meaning have sex, and you all know naruto.. he says "OFC!" (not knowning the meaning of the princess words) while the others is blushing. If you're seeing this movie then look forward to that scene ^^

I felt that this scene was very funny, it was also fun to hear around the cinema children asking their parents what it ment..

BigCamaro
August 07, 2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the response and review!
1. I knew he fought at the end but am kind of disappointed he was fit and fine. Means its the first one that can't even fit in the anime timeline, unless something unexpected happens since after the Sasuke retrieval arc 2, sai would have been part of the team, if not yamato too

and 2. that sucks, thought the slightly predictable spoiler is good to know I hope his part of the combo was Oodama mixed with Shions love attack. Lol at Naruto's baby momma drama. His way of the ninja dictates he must stick to his word!

Oh one more question, which of the konoha rookie 9 make cameo's in the film even if they arent part of the main squad?

I heard [spoiler] Temari is in it, though Gaara and Kankurou arent, possibly to make up from her movie 2 absence when both of them were featured, or just cuz shes hot
How bout Ten ten? since shes the only one from her group not in the main cast.

Fiddle
August 07, 2007, 09:55 PM
Oh one more question, which of the konoha rookie 9 make cameo's in the film even if they arent part of the main squad?

I heard Temari is in it, though Gaara and Kankurou arent, possibly to make up from her movie 2 absence when both of them were featured, or just cuz shes hot
How bout Ten ten? since shes the only one from her group not in the main cast.

Oki:

Temari is in it and do a fan thech, shikamaru does his kage mane jutsu.
The only ones you see really fighting is Naruto, Sakura, Lee, Neji and som kakashi, temari and shikamaru at the end.
You also get to see most of the rookie 9 running to the hokage tower in the beginning of the movie.

lordHokage
August 07, 2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah I know, sorry for that. I'm new with writing these kind of review so. ;)
I just felt that I had to do something for this comunity by seeing this movie and tell you guys my thoughts of it. I am taking manga from here every week so. I could have seen transformers or any other good movie but choose this just to tell everyone my thoughts of it so.

I accept your honest review. The truth hurts sometimes. Keep it up. :)

Thisisinreverse
August 07, 2007, 11:39 PM
Heya! Thanks for the review of this movie. It was very, very insightful to read. Could u by any chance try to explain the fights in detail that happened exluding the Naruto ones. Namely, the Neiji, Sakura and Lee ones? I d love to hear about it since most of the other reviews dont even bother to write bout those fights at all aside from a word or two. Thanks again for taking out time for us people in the East coast! Hehehe

Fiddle
August 08, 2007, 12:10 AM
Heya! Thanks for the review of this movie. It was very, very insightful to read. Could u by any chance try to explain the fights in detail that happened exluding the Naruto ones. Namely, the Neiji, Sakura and Lee ones? I d love to hear about it since most of the other reviews dont even bother to write bout those fights at all aside from a word or two. Thanks again for taking out time for us people in the East coast! Hehehe

Ok!
I'll write it in a spoiler tag:

Oki, to try to explain the opponents. The opponents aren't really good ninjas but get boosts from the demons chakra. The opponents is 4 people.
The first time the 2 teams meet it's not really any fighting at all besides naruto doing kage bunshin and beeing owned.
But I'll continue with the "main fights" as I think you want me to talk about. The first in the konoha to have his "main fight" is Lee who fights against one of the shinobis that can turn himself into stone and claims that Lee's taijutsu wont harm him at all.
The fight starts with Lee lending some punches that is ineffective. After that the stone guy lends a really heavy hit on lee, that's when lee feels that he have to use "secondary lotus" but after sucessfully doing the lotus the stone guy is still unaffected but feels that the fights becomes intressting so gets a power-up.
This time he becomes much bigger and covered fully in stone and lends a few hits on lee who seems down. But Lee chooses to execute the primary lotus and open up to 5 gates. After doing the primary lotus that damages the stone really bad, the stone guy finnaly gets his last power-up which changes his appearence into a red guy with 3 faces and 6 arms, in this form he's like an volcano which destroys the ground around him. Even though Lee has 5 gates open this is still not enough, that's when Lee uses his "last card" (so to say) which is a alchohol candy which he got from Gai in a flashback (this is a REALLY funny flashback that every Gai/Lee fan will laugh about). After eating this Lee turns into his drunken fist mode with 5 gates open and after this it's not much of a fight since he ends it imidiatly with a new taijutsu combo that we haven't seen before.

*3 opponents left*

Neji and sakura doesn't really have a main fight on their own, but the last fight is that Neji uses his "Hakke, rokuyuuyonshou" attack and kills the enemy which is the source of the enemies chakra.

*2 opponents left*

while lee uses a new taijutsu move and kicks a opponents 100 m up in the sky and ends it with something that looks like sasuke's "Shi-Shi rendan"

*1 opponent left*

The last opponent is for sakura, but since the opponent returned to normal after neji killed the guy who had the source of their strenght this wan't much of a fight. She just punches the unlucky girl with all she have right in i a tree that breaks.

That's pretty much a detailed explenation of their fights. Hope you liked it.

Thisisinreverse
August 08, 2007, 12:37 AM
Aww thanks alot man! I highly appreciate it immensely! Hahaha I thought there d be more to the fights since in the preview Sakura is flipping and the animation in them was done by Norio Matsumoto who did all the best fights in the anime. Hmm. Was expecting more out of Neiji and Sakura. :/ Oh well, I look forward to seeing this still. Hope someone hear can upload the cam bootleg that I heard is being sold in Shibuya. Thanks again for writing this for me.

Shinobi Sensei
August 08, 2007, 10:29 AM
Sounds like the movie turned out to be a steaming pile of horse s**t. Disappointing. I will still watch for the comedic aspect, but man i feel like the animation of shippuden has been failing us lately. I wonder what the deal is, i dont remember having this same problem with naruto part 1. But most of those movies were equally terrible as well.

Hollow Kurono
August 08, 2007, 04:22 PM
Is Asuma alive in this movie or not?Cause if not that means the time gap is between Sakuras and Sasoris fight and Kakuzus,Hidans apearance.

does Naruto and Sakura kiss in dis one?

thanx for da rewiew man,i knew he aint gonna die,but Naruto was with Jiraya for 2 and a half years and doesnt know sh!t about that lent me ur "power" thing?

Fiddle
August 08, 2007, 07:32 PM
Is Asuma alive in this movie or not?Cause if not that means the time gap is between Sakuras and Sasoris fight and Kakuzus,Hidans apearance.

does Naruto and Sakura kiss in dis one?

thanx for da rewiew man,i knew he aint gonna die,but Naruto was with Jiraya for 2 and a half years and doesnt know sh!t about that lent me ur "power" thing?

Hmm, I don't think I saw Asuma. But on the other hand you could see kurenai so (if I remember correctly)..

Naruto and Sakura does not kiss eachother, it was more going on between Naruto and Shion then what it will ever do in the entire manga with Naruto & sakura.

segua
August 09, 2007, 12:26 PM
Saw it already huh.

Seems like the movie quality has been degrading. I thought the first movie was the best while the third one was the worst.

How would those that have seen the Shippuuden movie compare it with the first three movies?

paucius
August 09, 2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the review, at last my curisity has settle down, it´s a shame that the quality of the story it´s at the same level of her predecessors, but at least the jokes are a little more kinky

maxhrk
August 09, 2007, 06:57 PM
Hmm, I don't think I saw Asuma. But on the other hand you could see kurenai so (if I remember correctly)..

Naruto and Sakura does not kiss eachother, it was more going on between Naruto and Shion then what it will ever do in the entire manga with Naruto & sakura.

I thought Kurenai were not supposed to do the mission.. well...

if you dont know....

manga spoiler:
Kurenai happens to be pregant and how can she go on mission while being prengant? :3 just a thought.

Fiddle
August 09, 2007, 07:02 PM
I thought Kurenai were not supposed to do the mission.. well...

if you dont know....

manga spoiler:
Kurenai happens to be pregant and how can she go on mission while being prengant? :3 just a thought.

The thing I ment with "you could see kurenai" was an answer to that the story doesn't fit into the timeline.

How would those that have seen the Shippuuden movie compare it with the first three movies?

I thought the first movie was quite good acctually, allways GR8 quality and quite a good story.
This shippuden movie was better then the 2:nd movie IMO

segua
August 10, 2007, 06:41 AM
Ah, thanks for the comparison. I'm glad to know that at least the Shippuuden movie is better than the third Naruto movie. (The third movie was more like a filler.)

bilheteira
August 16, 2007, 11:06 AM
were can we see the movie?

i mean in dailymotion? youtube?

or its not out yet?

Kusachu
August 16, 2007, 12:56 PM
Why are naruto movies so terrible? They really don't have to be. In comparison, DBZ had 13 movies during its run and i thought all of those were pretty good, so (even though i haven't seen the shippuuden movie yet) why are Naruto movies all so bad??? The first was ok, but they have been i a state of decline since then! :(

segua
August 16, 2007, 02:56 PM
I think they are trying to cash in.

(Some of the DBZ movies were horrible. They had good plots but the fight scenes were terrible. The fights are always one sided until Goku finally gets serious.)

Fiddle
August 19, 2007, 07:56 PM
were can we see the movie?

i mean in dailymotion? youtube?

or its not out yet?

I don't think it's out yet and wont be for a while.. I don't know so much about movie releases to other countries aso but it might take a few months before it gets subbed and released in other countries then japan. Just my guess though.