PDA

View Full Version : Seinen Elfen Lied by Okamoto Lynn (v12)

zero_profile
April 20, 2006, 11:46 AM
whose here read it all yet

i'm still on chapter 44 its bloody brilliant but i notice hardly no one translates this one anymore its realy a shame cuz the story is awsome :noworry

FHT
June 26, 2006, 09:03 PM
Well, since a lot of people in here likes Elfen Lied, I like to submit the link so you can download the manga.

MangaDownload.net - Elfen Lied (http://www.mangadownload.net/manga.php?a=series&sid=27)

And discuss in here anything you want in here.
Well, right now I'm downloading it so, I have no comments to make :p

That's all. XD

siegfried
June 29, 2006, 05:58 AM
I watched the anime and it was very good.then I decided to read manga too but I just didnt like the artstyle of manga.the faces of the people are too long and a bit strange.it didnt give me the feeling anime gave.

umm I heard the manga and anime endings were different.I wonder how was the ending in manga.

ttxdragon
July 03, 2006, 04:06 AM
I like both actually... the manga and the anime...

@siegfried: the anime ending isn't all that diffrent from the manga... if you take it from the point that it just cuts of the further storyline and therefore leaves only some little changes...

recently the raws for elfenlied 1-12 got posted on TT as a batchtorrent.... if somebody wanted to know :P

FHT
July 03, 2006, 06:56 PM
I'm agree with siegfried, the artwork is very weird... :s and I didn't like it at all.
But, I want to read the additional story that the anime cut out.

Anyway, choosing the best, I'll go with the anime :tem

GGpX
July 11, 2006, 07:02 PM
The artwork gets better by the end of the manga.

The manga is alot more interesting (From what I've seen) than the anime.

ILUVATAR
July 23, 2006, 01:54 PM
i've just started downloading manga and anime together.
it's true that the manga is better than the anime but unfortunately i can't be objective about this :p
i must say that i find it quite..... ineresting :D

GGpX
August 13, 2006, 11:05 PM
We at Oishii-Manga & Illuminati-Manga have released ch60 today and we've put up DDLs for ch58 & 59.

http://210.193.49.219/~vashonfs/releases/%5BOishii-Illuminati%5DElfen_Lied_v06_c058.zip"]Direct (http://"

http://210.193.49.219/~vashonfs/releases/%5BOishii-Illuminati%5DElfen_Lied_v06_c059.zip"]Direct (http://"[url) Download

Chapter 60 will be DDL for 48 hours then put on DDL.

Hey, (insert section moderator here, I don't remember who it is), could EL get it's own section? ;x

Or, at the least, could I make seperate threads for the releases?

SwordKirby537
September 13, 2006, 05:02 PM
I like the manga better than the anime. The anime ended halfway through the story.

Also, chapter 60, 61, 62, and 63 scalations are out.

GGpX
September 15, 2006, 02:46 PM
Chapter 64 now. Maybe 65 tonight or tommorow.

kiddo7
September 15, 2006, 03:11 PM
so where can i go to get the chapters that start from the point where the anime no longer follows the manga storyline.

ttxdragon
September 15, 2006, 04:19 PM
#oishii-manga @ irc.irchighway.net

i don't know if the post-anime arcs began already,
but you should read from the beginning all over...
the manga contains more details and the end of the anime was altered quite a bit

kiddo7
September 16, 2006, 12:38 AM
Is there anywlternative to IRC? I have never used it and I do not have an irc client installed. If there is no othe way maybe I will take the time to learn how to use IRC.

ttxdragon
September 16, 2006, 01:40 AM
take the time,
even if you could load it of mangadownload.net ....
it's easier for you to get archives of mangas than by searching the rest of the net for DDL's...

kiddo7
September 16, 2006, 09:40 AM
I guess I have no choice then, thanks for the help

Believe
September 17, 2006, 01:40 AM
You can find the Elfen Lied manga in volume forms here http://believemanga.cjb.net/index.php?showtopic=118&st=0&#last enjoy.

SwordKirby537
September 17, 2006, 10:31 PM
All latest chapters are available on http://www.stoptazmo.com/elfen_lied/ with the exception of chapter 61. Dose anyone know were to download chapter 61 so we can archive it?

Believe
September 18, 2006, 08:34 PM
I have til chapter 64 on my site, go there dl it, and archive it on stop-tazmo.

Ciao.

kiddo7
September 20, 2006, 12:51 PM
Yay! I have finnaly cought up wit the Manga yesterday! Read until chapter 64, when and where should I be looking for the next chapter? What i am trying to ask is whether the 65 will be posted in this forum or if i will have to hunt it down from the various sitees out there?

On a side note I was rather surprised at how closely the manga resembles the Anime even untill the last chapter. Did the guys making the anime already know what was going to happen? anyway can't wait for the next chapter.

ttxdragon
September 21, 2006, 11:57 AM
Yay! I have finnaly cought up wit the Manga yesterday! Read until chapter 64, when and where should I be looking for the next chapter? What i am trying to ask is whether the 65 will be posted in this forum or if i will have to hunt it down from the various sitees out there?

On a side note I was rather surprised at how closely the manga resembles the Anime even untill the last chapter. Did the guys making the anime already know what was going to happen? anyway can't wait for the next chapter.

the manga was already near to finished when the anime was aired. i believe it was at vol. 10 at that time.
the series is finished already, only scanlations are still ongoing.

so they knew what was going on ^^

kiddo7
September 21, 2006, 01:14 PM
oh, ok then. I guess *is slightly confused* ...
How long do I have to wait for the next chapter?

GGpX
September 24, 2006, 09:28 PM
Until it's done.

We (Oishii & Illuminati) are working hard to get you the chapters, but we have other projects to work on too. So, don't worry. We'll finish the series (no matter how long that'll take) and everyone will be happy. Right?[br]Posted on: September 24, 2006, 11:30:03 AM_________________________________________________(Sorry for the double post)

Chapter 66 is out. Download it here. (http://www.ggpx.bechstien.com/)

kiddo7
September 24, 2006, 11:16 PM
Yay you guys are awesome you know that? awesome, I tell you. you are the man, all of you! I think I will wait untill 65 is released bfore i download 66 though. thank you again.

ttxdragon
September 25, 2006, 12:35 PM
kiddo - it's already out... even in v3 xD
http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html?search=413&stype=series
try to take a look at that ;)

GGpX
September 25, 2006, 01:03 PM
I would just like to say that I had nothing to do with that v3.

;o

kiddo7
September 25, 2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the help guys!

Tamerlane
October 02, 2006, 04:17 PM
Here is Chapter 61 available thru Sendspace in case anyone is still looking for it.

Chapter 61 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/i62j6n)

Enjoy!

:amuse

SwordKirby537
October 19, 2006, 02:48 PM
Anyone know were I can get chapter 64 - 69, besides Stop Tazmo?

Stop Tazmo is running really slow. 2 hours and 40 min for one chapter? O_o

ttxdragon
October 19, 2006, 03:01 PM
#lurk and #oishii-manga and #illuminati-manga ... all @irc.irchighway.com

SwordKirby537
October 19, 2006, 04:20 PM
#lurk and #oishii-manga and #illuminati-manga ... all @irc.irchighway.com

Can you post links to those places please?

ttxdragon
October 19, 2006, 04:41 PM
Can you post links to those places please?

irc://irc.irchighway.net/lurk
irc://irc.irchighway.net/oishii-manga
irc://irc.irchighway.net/illuminati-manga

i cant link there on these forums, but paste those into your adress-bar :P

ah, u need an irc-client for it, btw ^^

SwordKirby537
October 19, 2006, 04:42 PM
None of those links work...

GGpX
October 19, 2006, 04:43 PM
Chapter Direct Dowloads here. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9510.0)

ttxdragon
October 19, 2006, 04:44 PM
None of those links work...

go to www.mirc.com and install mirc and then try those when pasted into your adressbar....
maybe search for a irc tutorial beforehand...

SwordKirby537
October 19, 2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks GGpx for the direct downloads.

And thanks ttxdragon for irc things. I'll try to figure out what irc is.

GGpX
October 27, 2006, 04:53 AM
Chapter 70's been released.

SuperMaxZero
December 07, 2006, 12:20 PM
Erm...when I use the mangadownload.com link from the first post, I get "Alert: 530 You have reached the maximum number o of connection (2) for your host" when I try to download, and it cancels the DL. I don't know why this is, I only had that one window open...

ttxdragon
December 07, 2006, 01:25 PM
Erm...when I use the mangadownload.com link from the first post, I get "Alert: 530 You have reached the maximum number o of connection (2) for your host" when I try to download, and it cancels the DL. I don't know why this is, I only had that one window open...

first: try to ask this at their forums, they are nice people around there ^^

second:
do you use a download accelerator?
because the server only allows two connections to stop people from "raping" the servers with 100 or more connections... seeing as the serverload already is high with this restriction, it's totally understandable ^^
try to download with firefox only not with flashget/getright/etc

GGpX
December 26, 2006, 06:19 PM
Simple solution: Don't use DDL, and come on IRC for our releases. You might even get to talk with us.[br]Posted on: December 07, 2006, 02:10:17 PM_________________________________________________We've released chapter 73 & 74 of Elfen Lied. Torrent (http://nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=287)

This is where the story is all new material and becomes totally awesome.

Chapter 74 = INCREDIBLE.

Enjoy.

SwordKirby537
January 16, 2007, 06:05 PM
Chpter 74 was great!

Any news on 75?

GGpX
January 17, 2007, 02:10 AM
Eventually.

Chapter 75 is the last of v8 (The last of the 50 page chapters) and the last before I scan the rest of the series. The public raws are too shitty (Well, by the people working on it's standards which are much higher than mine) to be used, so we bought them ourselves. Actually, outside of what we did with KnA, this is the firs things we've scanned ourselves. Meh.

SwordKirby537
January 17, 2007, 08:19 PM
Eventually.

Chapter 75 is the last of v8 (The last of the 50 page chapters) and the last before I scan the rest of the series. The public raws are too shitty (Well, by the people working on it's standards which are much higher than mine) to be used, so we bought them ourselves. Actually, outside of what we did with KnA, this is the firs things we've scanned ourselves. Meh.

Alright, thats interesting.

So will this mean the rest of the releases in the series will take longer? Not that I'm complaining; I'm just curious. And atleast we know we will get scanlation. With 666 Satan, we never know if the latest release will be the last scan we ever get. Its also good to know that these will be high qualtity scans.

Good luck with the scanlating!

GGpX
January 17, 2007, 09:20 PM
At the get-go it'll be a little longer, because before a lot of time was spent on typesetting & QCing. But we had a good ammount of chapters edited ahead of time (At one point we had something like 20 chapters edited ahead of what we had scanlated). Now, we don't have a huge ammount of editors that have the knowledge/skill (Not that I'm knocking my editors; I'm just not going to send them off to work on it only to be told they'll have to re-do it) to work on it.

I don't think scanning'll take too long, though.

SwordKirby537
January 19, 2007, 04:52 PM
Alright, thats good news.

jv2k
February 06, 2007, 07:54 PM
Man I just started reading the chapter. How is it so many people jump all over stuff like naruto leaving great stuff like this needing to be finished after the series is over? This series is great but it seems like it'll be a while before it finishes.

Either way thanks for the good work guys.

kiddo7
February 08, 2007, 07:58 PM
WOW, chapter 75 reminded me again how Elfen Lied is not for kids at all! Poor Mayu, Just a few weeks ago I saw an amv dedicated to her on YouTube using the Song Mad World (I think) It reminded me just how messed up her life has been until now. I felt so sorry for her, I nearly cried.
Then I read 75, it was chilling, it was heart wrenching, it was...
you should read it yourselfs.

erikrhys
February 19, 2007, 10:30 PM
after seeing ch 75 i cant wait to see what ch 76 will be like

PB|Ichigo
May 14, 2007, 01:38 PM
What´s up with new Elfen Lied chapters? Aren´t anybody going to scanlate them, no flaming, just curiousity!

GGpX
May 15, 2007, 06:29 PM
We're working on them. The lack of Editors isn't going to speed things up, though...

erikrhys
May 17, 2007, 08:18 PM
hopefully it comes out soon, but take your time ok? ^-^

GGpX
May 19, 2007, 11:56 AM
And it's released. Enjoy.

#Illuminati-Manga (irc://irc.irchighway.net/illuminati-manga)

#Oishii-Manga (irc://irc.irchighway.net/oishii-manga)

PS: We still need editors for this series. If we don't get any more editors, the next release won't be for another little while.

erikrhys
May 19, 2007, 10:11 PM
can you give a direct download link, i cant use IRC Y-Y

GGpX
May 19, 2007, 10:23 PM
Enjoy. (http://www.sendspace.com/file/gzyt1r)

erikrhys
May 20, 2007, 10:15 AM
thank you oh so much GGpX XD !!!!!!!!

momopeaches
June 23, 2007, 07:17 PM
I'm really glad I read the manga before watching the anime.. There is SO much more involved in the manga. When talking to one of my friends about the manga compainred to the anime, he was shocked that there was more passed the end of the anime. I can't wait to see the rest translated.

erikrhys
June 24, 2007, 07:36 PM
the anime is NOTHING compared to the manga.......although there IS more color ^-^

SwordKirby537
July 06, 2007, 01:48 AM
I'll become an editor if thats what it takes to release the chapters faster.

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help then just tell me. I love you guys who work hard to get these chapters out.

jv2k
July 06, 2007, 04:42 AM
Enjoy. (http://www.sendspace.com/file/gzyt1r)

Anyone have another link to this?
I don't get why this is so unpopular while mediocre junk like naruto gets scanlated dozens of times a week.

GGpX
July 12, 2007, 11:54 PM
Much tougher to translate for starters. Much tougher to edit [properly] than Naruto & company. And finally, it's a Seinen. The content in the manga isn't for children (Which are the predominant percentage of people who visit this site).

Here's to download: http://manga-dls.mberendes.eu/category.php?id=3

bitterdoll27
August 12, 2007, 01:47 AM
i haven't finished reading it yet....but the anime version of this is also good, .

GGpX
August 12, 2007, 01:53 AM
We released chapter 77 tonight.

Available via IRC. Enjoy.

imintheradio
August 19, 2007, 04:32 AM
thanks

PB|Ichigo
August 20, 2007, 12:22 PM
Could anybody provide a rsdownload or sth like that, i really would appriciate it!
THX

Edit
Got my IRC running so i don't need a ddl anymore

Unholy
October 02, 2007, 07:46 PM
Is any group still translating Elfen lied? Havent seen any new translated chapters for a while so it seems whoever was doing it droped the project.

GGpX
October 02, 2007, 10:19 PM
We're still doing it.

Have patience, okay?

Yeah, yeah. I know. Patience is a difficult word to understand, I know. Live with it.

Unholy
October 03, 2007, 09:43 PM
We're still doing it.

Have patience, okay?

Yeah, yeah. I know. Patience is a difficult word to understand, I know. Live with it.

Hmm why u had act so rude about it? Lol is it a crime/unpolite to ask if the project is still going on? I dont think so but anyway sorry.U should listen to ur own advice man no need to freak out just cause i made a litle question.

NegroGrande
October 04, 2007, 05:16 PM
excuse me, where can I find the raws?

GGpX
October 05, 2007, 12:50 PM
Hmm why u had act so rude about it? Lol is it a crime/unpolite to ask if the project is still going on? I dont think so but anyway sorry.U should listen to ur own advice man no need to freak out just cause i made a litle question.

Yeah, a complete freak out on my part (lol).

I was rude because you asked a stupid question that you don't ask to scanlators. The "when's the next release gonna be" type of questions and of the such irritate scanlators.

Did we announce that we dropped it? Or that it's stalled? No? Did you even bother to find out without someone having to hand feed you? There you go.

excuse me, where can I find the raws?

#lurk

They're decent quality.

Ceesjah
October 05, 2007, 05:38 PM
Hey GGpX,

First, don't go booing me off stage here for this message :P I know you won't but i'm new her and stuff.. anywayz enough of the lame crap..

Second, thanks a lot for scanlating Elfen Lied with your team..!! I really enjoyed reading the first 60 chapters.. Which brings me to my 3rd part..

I am not quite able to find volume 7.. Could you please give me a direct download link..? I know i'm being kind of a bother, but i really hope you will help me with this :-) I'm looking for everything you can get me thats above chapter 60. I'd really appreciate it!

Anyways, keep up the good work :) I'll keep enjoying Elfen Lied :)

Greets..

GGpX
October 05, 2007, 11:00 PM
Browse through http://www.manga-download.org/

All of my group's releases are there as well.

Ceesjah
October 06, 2007, 02:34 AM
Hey thanks a lot :D I'll be staying up to date now :) :P

Unholy
October 07, 2007, 07:36 AM
Yeah, a complete freak out on my part (lol).

I was rude because you asked a stupid question that you don't ask to scanlators. The "when's the next release gonna be" type of questions and of the such irritate scanlators.

Did we announce that we dropped it? Or that it's stalled? No? Did you even bother to find out without someone having to hand feed you? There you go.

#lurk

They're decent quality.

Sorry for asking something stuped but anyway, i wasent askign when there gonna be new releases was just asking if it was dropped.Btw not every group announce when they drop a project sometimes the group just vanish without any warning so i was just wandering.Anyway u didnt had to act like that wouldnt hurt to just type this: "U shouldnt be asking this here and yes we are still doing elfen lied" it wasent really hard .

Jebbadiah
October 09, 2007, 05:36 PM
guys, as long as the next chapter and the ones up to volume 12 will be released, i'll be dead happy!!!!

so thx for doing elfen lied.

btw there is not a slim chance of some sort of release date for ch78??? (just kidding ;))

GGpX
October 17, 2007, 02:33 AM
78's out.

Enjoy.

Unholy
October 17, 2007, 09:03 AM
Last chapter is amazing

so glad mayu didnt die.A bit sad to see bandou die but i guess he had to.Would really suck if mayu was dead cause she had such a crapy life and thins are starting to get better for her someone goes and kills her that would be just mean.

eternalmetal
October 17, 2007, 11:17 AM
How does this compare with the anime? I thought the anime was terrible, but this seems to be ongoing and perhaps has a different storyline.

GGpX
October 17, 2007, 12:29 PM
How does this compare with the anime? I thought the anime was terrible, but this seems to be ongoing and perhaps has a different storyline.

Manga is superior.

It starts off almost the same, but then it goes a different route.

SwordKirby537
November 05, 2007, 07:51 PM
Cool. I caught up on 77 and 78.

charizardpal
January 05, 2008, 12:17 PM
Found the ending to the manga here, on photobucket....better check it all out before its ultimately taken down, because the accounts haven't been used for a long time.

Change the photobucket url to 102, 103, 104, 105, etc for several other chapters from the end of the series.
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/elfenlied106/

--
charizardpal07

GGpX
January 05, 2008, 08:08 PM
Do you mind not posting a link to spoilers?

I think the majority of the people here would rather find out what's going to happen via scanlations. Thanks.

charizardpal
January 18, 2008, 02:06 AM
Do you mind not posting a link to spoilers?

I think the majority of the people here would rather find out what's going to happen via scanlations. Thanks.

If you don't want to know the ending then don't click on the link! Isn't that common sense? Besides, for those people who are interested in reading the manga in Japanese, it can be difficult to find a place to read them. Most anime sites have only scanlations, (which are useless to the language learner). Also to my knowledge elfen lied's manga ending was never scanlated.

Apocolypse
February 02, 2008, 08:41 AM
Hello.:) When will the next Elfen Lied episode be up? I am now currently on chapter 81 on onemanga.com. Can anyone tell me please, thanks:D

PB|Ichigo
February 20, 2008, 02:21 PM
For those who cannot wait, here are the rasw of vols. 9-12:
http://rapidshare.de/files/38629435/RAW.rar.html

zzf
February 23, 2008, 11:23 PM
is it same as anime?

GGpX
February 23, 2008, 11:29 PM
Nope. Totally different.

OrangeRat
March 02, 2008, 03:23 PM
This manga wows me with every new chapter.

Thanks.

myth0logy
March 03, 2008, 11:13 PM
wooo awesome manga. now I have something to do while waiting for new chapters of xxxHolic and My balls....

fleshcut
March 21, 2008, 05:58 PM
chapter 85 was the saddest chapter in elfen lied history :(

fleshcut
June 30, 2008, 06:12 PM
does anyone think that the vector craft can stop Lucy at all the government should learn by now know one can kill her

erikrhys
July 01, 2008, 01:17 AM
well given the fact that lucy is the main protagonist, i highly doubt it will succeed, but hey, i've been wrong before.
(man it's been a while since i last posted XD)

fleshcut
July 01, 2008, 05:09 PM
lol but how strong the craft is and plus it is getting really close to the end and you can tell that it wont be a happy ending

PB|Ichigo
July 01, 2008, 06:09 PM
At least not for Lucy/Nyu, hehe. Love the ending of the manga, great Freakshow, but Iwould have prefered to let Lucy survive, sad thing she didn't.

fleshcut
July 01, 2008, 09:51 PM
At least not for Lucy/Nyu, hehe. Love the ending of the manga, great Freakshow, but Iwould have prefered to let Lucy survive, sad thing she didn't.

ok :P what did you think about the vector craft lol :P

eperia
August 22, 2008, 03:12 AM
i waited 103 chaps to see finally the disadvantage of lucy´s vectorsO__o
it seems she´s smelting into another "thing".
she sang so i think it isn´t a pain for her to transform?
and kouta..i really thought he would finally die.he´s such a lucky character O_o

fleshcut
August 24, 2008, 02:08 AM
i waited 103 chaps to see finally the disadvantage of lucy´s vectorsO__o
it seems she´s smelting into another "thing".
she sang so i think it isn´t a pain for her to transform?
and kouta..i really thought he would finally die.he´s such a lucky character O_o

lol she isn't transforming she is melting from using a large amount of her power to save kouta so this is prob the end of lucy as we know it

also chapter 104 is out ^^

eperia
August 24, 2008, 03:17 PM
lol she isn't transforming she is melting from using a large amount of her power to save kouta so this is prob the end of lucy as we know it

also chapter 104 is out ^^

i used the wrong words...actually i really thought she´s melting to something different,like a spirit or any other thing.

after 104 i´m more curiuos about the final of lucy than before.what a pity,there where only some panels of her current view. i still hope that there will be some more than a melting process.if she dies now,maybe this end is to short cut.it´d be dramatic if every diclonii´re going to die till the end..and of course kurama..he´s annoyingO___o

fleshcut
August 27, 2008, 03:54 PM
i used the wrong words...actually i really thought she´s melting to something different,like a spirit or any other thing.

after 104 i´m more curiuos about the final of lucy than before.what a pity,there where only some panels of her current view. i still hope that there will be some more than a melting process.if she dies now,maybe this end is to short cut.it´d be dramatic if every diclonii´re going to die till the end..and of course kurama..he´s annoyingO___o

yeah i hate kurama so much >< he is alot different in the anime then the manga in the anime i thought there is a reason this person is like this but in the manga he is just a jerk

Unholy
September 05, 2008, 08:46 PM
It is finally over but i didnt really get the ending, the twins that we see on the end are they diclonis? And nana is gonna marry that guy or does he see her as a child?