PDA

View Full Version : Noitora's unreleased Zanpakuto

Jewmaican
August 07, 2007, 04:57 PM
I don't know if anyone has discussed this but, Noitora's unreleased Zanpakuto is not a katana. Why is that?

Neuroff
August 07, 2007, 06:47 PM
Maybe it's the whole reiatsu too huge to seal into a small sword thing again.

Lord_Fuzzy
August 08, 2007, 02:36 AM
Im gonna go with its cause hes a vastrode

Wiziu
August 08, 2007, 02:40 AM
I don't think so. Two privaron espada, Churichi with fought with Ishida, and that afro guy who fought with Chad didn't had zanpakto in katana form, and they weren't strongest privaron, imho strongest fought with ichigo and he had ordinary katana.

tari101190
August 08, 2007, 03:54 AM
i just think its big cos he wants it to be. captain class control its size remember, so maybe he just didnt make it as small as others (maybe to appear very strong).
plus regarding the shape, its doesn't seem to have to be a katana (especially with arrancar.

matrice
August 09, 2007, 06:29 AM
Yeah, and there's a vizard who has a soulcutter that resembles more a knife, but it doesn't mean that he is weak or anything. Like Isshin has said at these levels you can't use the size to judge the rejatsu, because everyone strong as a capitain would have a sword huge like a palace. I mean, look at Aizen's case: with is rajatsu he has a sword so small... Even kempachi's sword isn't huge. but ht e best example is Aizen. he is the strongest guy around and has a sword perfectly normal.

August 09, 2007, 10:07 AM
And?there were an expada girl (Cirucci?) that fought Isida with yo-yo-like "zanpakuto"..

Impel Down
August 09, 2007, 01:12 PM
Not all the arrancar have used katana-type zanpaktou. Gamenbien, Chirrcuiiu, Telsa, and Wonderwise have all had non-katana zankatou as well.

Now, what this thread should really be about, is that Noitora's zanpaktou can seemingly change size. At the meeting, and with Ulquiorra, he had the chain in his pants, but the weapon wasn't visible. And, in the last chapter, his zanpaktou seemed larger than when he used it against Chad to me.

Ukun
August 09, 2007, 06:43 PM
Besides, no one ever said that a zanpakuto has to be a sword. After all, a zanpakuto is a weapon of your soul, not necessarily a sword.

Eyefarted2
August 15, 2007, 01:51 AM
cause hes #1. hes so strong, hes zanpakuto is unorthodox.

smellyCheese
August 15, 2007, 05:32 AM
Really i don't think that zanpakuto size and shape doesn't matter, maybe it's just what kind of fighting style each person favours the most?

juUnior
August 15, 2007, 08:19 AM
hmm but all in all, I don't mind Noitora's weapon, is quite cool to me hyhy :D

But what if Noitora has such weapon, because his like Zaraki in Gotei13? Maybe he just depends on his won raw power, and don;t want to fight with realsed state/ or he can/t? That would be similarity <half-joke>

Impel Down
August 15, 2007, 10:51 AM
Well, there's still the idea that his zanpaktou can vary in size, which I am in support of. Hey, if Telsa's can grow shields and Chircui's can think for itself, his can grow and shrink.

SOCKSnTHONGS
August 22, 2007, 03:45 AM
i don't really think that it affect anything. other character also have zanpaktos that aren't katanas. another thing is that maybe he is just changing the shape of his zanpakto to fool his opponent or something.

smellyCheese
August 22, 2007, 04:05 AM
He must be able to change it's size..

if the shinigami can control the size of their zanpak,,, why not the espada?

BAD_BD
August 22, 2007, 03:42 PM
He has to be able to change it's size.

Does anyone else think he fights like a mix or Hidan from Naruto ( minus the ritual) and Zaraki

Impel Down
August 22, 2007, 06:55 PM
No, no I don't. His style is pretty basic so far: Overhelming the opponent with massive strength and size. I doubt he'll even have to release against Ichigo.

smellyCheese
August 23, 2007, 11:22 AM
I doubt he'll even have to release against Ichigo.

The meaning of this is? Ichi will be beaten or noi is beaten?

Impel Down
August 25, 2007, 08:54 AM
Ichigo will be beaten, of course. He might get one good attack out before he has to run away, but overall, Nnoitra will be victor.

smellyCheese
August 26, 2007, 01:22 PM
i just wanted to be clear about it, and yeh in his current form, he cannot beat Noitora.

Impel Down
August 26, 2007, 01:27 PM
Does his mask still count as his current form? Or do you mean current level. Because with his mask, he could fare much better against Nnoitra right now. Probably knock him back with a Getsuga Tenshou and either make Nnoitra step up his game, or have him release. Although, it would be interesting if he couldn't release, like Kenpatchi.

smellyCheese
August 26, 2007, 01:42 PM
Does his mask still count as his current form? Or do you mean current level. Because with his mask, he could fare much better against Nnoitra right now. Probably knock him back with a Getsuga Tenshou and either make Nnoitra step up his game, or have him release. Although, it would be interesting if he couldn't release, like Kenpatchi.

i mean the current state of being exhausted and beaten up.. and yes it would be interesting to see that Noi cannot release, but wouldn't that make everything a little bit too repetiteive as everyone who reads bleach agrees upon?

Impel Down
August 26, 2007, 02:15 PM
Yes, yes it would, which is kind of why I suggested it.

But in his current stage of damage and exhaustion, I doubt Ichigo will be able to fare as well as he could be faring against Nnoitra. And Nnoitra, on the other hand, seems to have completely regenerated from Chad's attack. It's all to paint a picture for the reader that Ichigo will lose, probably some kind of plot device.

smellyCheese
August 26, 2007, 02:27 PM
Yeh in his current state i don't think that Ichigo can even safely get away with Inoue and Nell, so there must be a plot there..

Impel Down
August 26, 2007, 03:39 PM
Like someone comes to help him, or he blows them all away temporarily with some undiscovered technique? Yeah, I can see that happening for sure, but I dunno if an Espada or someone would save him. If it was Chad, that would be interesting.

darkbass
August 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
who else thinks that ulquiorra will interrupt the fight....

Crude
August 26, 2007, 06:25 PM
Like someone comes to help him, or he blows them all away temporarily with some undiscovered technique? Yeah, I can see that happening for sure, but I dunno if an Espada or someone would save him. If it was Chad, that would be interesting.

Yeah if Chad helped him it would definitely be interesting. Just imagine an Ichigo/Chad tagteam against Noitora.

ttxdragon
August 27, 2007, 03:36 AM
erm,

sorry guys, but this thread is still about Noitoras Unreleased Zanpakutou and not about how the fight will go and how chad would do in a re-match against noitora.... or any other such stuff....

please get back and then stay on topic :)

Ukun
August 29, 2007, 08:42 PM
Umm....Nnoitora was never hurt from his fight with Chad, so what is there to heal?

But anyway, it stands to reason that since Shinigami (as stated by Isshin) can change their zanpakuto size that Arrancar can as well, especially Espada. Also, it is impossible for Nnoitora not to be able to release, because unlike Shinigami, an Arrancar's zanpakto is merely their true form sealed into a sword (or equivalent), their swords have no Spirit/Avatar, because it is part of themselves that is within. That's be like not knowing your own name.

Impel Down
August 30, 2007, 08:58 AM
That's true, he probably does know his release. I think when they had the first chapter where he actually fights Ichigo, when he jumps in the air, it's kind of a foreshadow to what his release is.

matrice
September 05, 2007, 07:57 AM
Umm....Nnoitora was never hurt from his fight with Chad, so what is there to heal?

But anyway, it stands to reason that since Shinigami (as stated by Isshin) can change their zanpakuto size that Arrancar can as well, especially Espada. Also, it is impossible for Nnoitora not to be able to release, because unlike Shinigami, an Arrancar's zanpakto is merely their true form sealed into a sword (or equivalent), their swords have no Spirit/Avatar, because it is part of themselves that is within. That's be like not knowing your own name.

Well, Nell doesn't even HAVE a freakish sword. Will it be the reason behind the problems that she has when she tries to properly use her power?

dreamzsai
September 05, 2007, 10:00 AM
Actually i would make more sense to me if all of the Arrancar have non katana weapons.....
I mean since KT decide to make them follow a sort of a Spanish theme, then maybe they should use more European weapons....

Impel Down
September 09, 2007, 11:25 AM
...That makes a bit of sense, since we've seen two arrancar use Western swords already: Tesla and Wonderwise. Although, the katana fit with the fact that they're supposed to be part shinigami as well.