PDA

View Full Version : Theory Zangetsu, The Kurosaki Family, and The King

gigantor21
August 15, 2007, 10:31 PM
Okay, here's another conglomerate theory thread to wrap your heads around:

Ever since the Ou Ken/Key of the King has been introduced, everyone and their mothers have come up with some theory as to how Ichigo is connected to the Royal Bloodline. These range from Isshin being ex-Royal Defense Force to Ichigo (and even Zangetsu) being next in line to the throne. So my question is, what connection do you think Ichigo has with the King, if any?

My take on it is this; plotwise, Bleach has already trodden enough tried and true shonen ground as it is, so Ichigo even being related to the king would be as lame as you can get. Isshin being a former Royal Guard is the only plausible theory I've heard--and before you mention the captain's cloak on his arm, please remember how D-Roy was presented before the SS Arc, as well as Grimmjow's Fraccion upgrading to Adjuuchas retroactively. Inconsistent retcons are no stranger to this series, so it isn't impossible.

Anyway, that's just what I thought. What about you guys?

_ATMA
August 15, 2007, 11:32 PM
the only way i can really see it is if isshin was part of the RDF(as you put it) and ran away with a member of the royal family

SOCKSnTHONGS
August 16, 2007, 05:55 AM
the king is probably just some random guy that will eventually become a major villain. aizen only wants to eliminate him so that he won't pose a threat to him while he tries to dominate all living and dead

gigantor21
August 16, 2007, 10:10 AM
^ I don't see him as being the next villain. Aizen already seems unbeatable as it is; having someone above him would be too DBZ-ish. But not having any connection to Ichigo would be the most sound option, in terms of plot continuity.

Vegetoacs
August 16, 2007, 11:21 AM
I kinda agree there Gig. It's not likely ichigo will actually have a connection to the royal family. Nor will zangetsu. We have to remember that zangetsu is merely ichigo's shinigami powers. He's like an avatar or representation of ichigo's shinigami side.

Now, many might infer him to be more because he's the one that's taught ichigo so much about his powers. What of it? Kubo somewhat explained this when ichigo was training for bankai, and yoruchi states to renji that we are born knowing how to stand. In other words, the knowledge of his powers or how to use them is all in them somewhere, he just has to tap it.

As to isshin, he's fairly obviously more than a regular shinigami. Heck, masaki could have been something more than appeared herself. The only thing driving most predictions as to his status has been the white tattered band thats part of his shinigami robes. I'm inclined to agree here. While inconsistancies have occured in bleach, often on the smaller details that wont impact further, kubo fairly obviously put that in there as something that complemented isshin's statement that captain class shinigami control the size of their swords by controlling their reiratsu.

As to the other thoughts or theories, such as the royal family and soul society being the real evil ones...lol....I think not. Yammato is the only reason most theories exist, simply because he's such a hard ass. Aizen even mentioned that he'd been fooling people with his intentions all along, coming across as a good guy. While soul society has been known to do some pretty damned evil things, such as exterminating the quincy. What's aizen's plan? To slaughter thousands so he can gain a key to another dimension in order to overthrow soul society.

In short, i believe that ichigo, his friends and family are just along for the ride her in the grand scheme of things. They defend themselves and what matters most to them. They'll help soul society against aizen simply because if soul society falls, they all fall.

Rangiku-san
September 07, 2007, 04:01 PM
I think that Isshin was part of a special guard that was there to guard the royal family. At some point Isshin raised him self to captain of the guard or leader of the guard that took care of the heirs. Then at for an unknown reason the king sent his 2 daughters away, one (Matsumoto) to soul society, and the other (Masaki) to the world of the living with Isshin. I think that the reason that they choose Isshin for this task was because he was a noble in soul society, I think a Shiba. That would explain why Ichigo looks a lot like Kaien, and has a similar personality of the other known Shibas. This could also explain why Matsumoto doesn’t have any memory of her past. I think that Masaki was the older daughter, making Ichigo the true heir of the king.

I know we’ve only had a few zanpaktuto‘s materialize so we could see them; Renji into Zabimaru the baboon king, and Ichigo into Zangetsu a human form I can’t think of any others that we have seen at the moment. But I think that very few actually materialize into human form. For a zanpaktuto to materialize into a human form I think that you have to be of the royal line, and that the materialization is of a former king or royal who comes to live inside of others in the royal line to help guide them on their journeys. So basically when a member of the royal family dies I think that their life force is put into another member of the royal family to become the shinigami power in that person instead of. being reincarnated like the rest of the souls.

gigantor21
September 07, 2007, 04:19 PM
^ A few things:

- We know next to nothing about what Zanpakuto avatars are or where they come from. So I don't see how Zangetsu being human form makes him more special than Zabimaru, let alone how it suggests he's a formal noble/king. Shirosaki is a much better indicator of how different Zabimaru is--and even then, it's likely that all of the Vaizards have avatars which share a body with Hollows. That doesn't really prove anything to me.

- I can kind of see where you're coming from with Masaki, but why on Earth would Matsumoto be the other daughter? Apart from her relationship with Gin, there isn't anything special about her in relation to the other vice-captains. Again, I don't see how that would be evidence of noble lineage.

- And are you basing your belief that Matsumoto doesn't remember anything on what she said in the omake, about not knowing her birthday? Because Aizen provided an explanation for that in the same chapter--none of us are born knowing the day we were born, and none of us remember being babies, so we have to get that information from others. They could very well get it wrong or make it up, and we wouldn't know the difference. Considering how many flashbacks we've seen with her and Gin, I'm pretty sure she remembers her childhood, at least.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay :p

earthforge
September 07, 2007, 07:16 PM
Agreed completely. The problem with Ichigo being king or related to that dimension is because he will be too overpowered. I mean, he's got shinigami and hollow powers already. I just think his father has a few ties to Soul Society and that's it (typical love story of captain loves human woman, gets booted out of SS.)

Here comes a farfetched idea that if Bleach IS too-DBZ, will never never happen:

Personally, I think that Ichigo's last fight will be with "the strongest espada" at the end. Why? Because I'm thinking that Aizen might fight the King of SS; Hitsugaya, Matsumoto and one or two main characters take out Gin (good emotional end for Gin and with a main character they will not be overpowered, and I doubt Gin and Tousen have been Hollowfied at all); Komamura, Hisagi, other fukutaicho that was under Tousen, and Chad fight Tousen (damn, the set up is perfect. Komamura and the others will probably tire themselves out, and Chad will be able to help [the wording has holes in it, I know].)

I don't think Ichigo can take on Aizen one-on-one. Even he cannot get to the level of Aizen since he does not know all of his limits (he only learned his zanjutsu limit the hard way[ep 59] and maybe Shunpo. But not kido or hakuda.) Aizen has experties in all of these areas.

I'll *annoy Kubo to no end* if he has Ichigo kill Aizen on a whim such as sudden powern boost (oh the pain of that stuff)

I'm thinking also that Hachi and Inoue are related to the King's family. Since the world goes round by the notion of time, the powers that control that time are probably almost never seen except in royalty. Besides, I have the idea that the king of SS will an old kind man (think Santa Claus.).

gokusgirl
May 22, 2008, 05:54 PM
Bear with me, I'm a fan but as far as recounting material in the previous chapters are fuzzy... so don't flame my response. Just a small question...

I remember reading that there was a King that existed in Soul Society. And I know that Aizen is seeking the 'key' that is in SS in over take it over... so I got to wondering... is the King in the story the key (expression of symbolism) ? And if there is a King... who do you speculate is the King?

I got hunches on the possible person... and it's the one person they failed to mention in this flashback chapters. I know I may be going way out on left field with this assumption, but could it be Isshin Kurosaki?

Don't come with your flamed torches and pitchforks folks. Just pondering...:huh

What do you think?

AngryChubbs
May 22, 2008, 10:48 PM
wacky thought...but what if the king was actually ishhin or something like that. how cool would that be

Silhouette
May 22, 2008, 11:30 PM
I read something long ago about Ichigo being royalty. I can't remember the source, me thinks it a was a translation of bleach data book. So I am pretty sure Isshin is royalty at least.

I would be really cool if Isshin was a former king who got over thrown by an evil brother or something but that captain coat he was wearing makes me think otherwise.

Darek Khort
May 23, 2008, 01:17 AM
Could be a possibility.
I remember they saying that the King resides in a separate dimension from Soul Society.
Well, the human world is a separate dimension, right? Isshin resides there. *nods*
But that is really the only thing going for him right now.

gfire2
May 23, 2008, 05:17 AM
yer i thought it was isshin aswell but maybe isshin gave up the throne or title, heir to the throne becoz he fell in love with a human

gigantor21
May 23, 2008, 08:15 AM
I'm still sticking to my theory that Zangetsu was a FORMER king, and that all Zanpakuto avatars are the reincarnations of past Shinigami. He knows too much to just be Ichigo's power--but being the current king is a stretch. (Not that my idea is much better.)

Tsukisama
May 23, 2008, 11:30 PM
I read something long ago about Ichigo being royalty. I can't remember the source, me thinks it a was a translation of bleach data book. So I am pretty sure Isshin is royalty at least.

I would be really cool if Isshin was a former king who got over thrown by an evil brother or something but that captain coat he was wearing makes me think otherwise.

I am fairly certain that Ichigo has never been called royalty in any official data book. The only places where Ichigo has ever been called royalty in any serious manner are internet forums as far as I know. Please feel free to provide any references you may have to correct me if you have them though.

I also think that Isshin's uniform and how he implies he is a former captain suggest that he is not the king (unless the king has to have served in the army but I doubt that).

sk.nite
May 23, 2008, 11:43 PM
I'm still sticking to my theory that Zangetsu was a FORMER king, and that all Zanpakuto avatars are the reincarnations of past Shinigami. He knows too much to just be Ichigo's power--but being the current king is a stretch. (Not that my idea is much better.)

Maybe I missed something, but basically you're saying that Zabimaru and Horyunmaru(?) were shinigami, even with that appearanace?

gokusgirl
May 24, 2008, 06:39 AM
Well I'm most certain that Isshin is from one of the four Noble houses in SS, that's for sure. I'll be deeply disappointed if Kubo doesn't show him at all in these flashbacks... :mad

And where can you view or download the Bleach data books?

Umbra Wolf
May 24, 2008, 07:56 AM
I also think that Isshin's uniform and how he implies he is a former captain suggest that he is not the king (unless the king has to have served in the army but I doubt that).
Technically he implies that he has a captain reiatsu and that he knows about the typical behavior and techniques of shinigami captains and he's stronger than the average captain I guess. He uses neither shikai nor bankai to kill this arrancar with just one strike. I think that's quite impressing and a proof for his strength.
I would go with the royal guard theory for Ishin because royal guards are promoted shinigami captains and Ishin knows a lot about shinigami captains.
The way the king was described he didn't appear to be a (former) warrior with fighting experience like Yamma for example but more a noble man.

Also we don't know what's exactly the task of the king. It can't be reigning the soul world(s) I suppose he's more an entity whose existence guarantees the balance of the souls.

gigantor21
May 24, 2008, 08:04 AM
Maybe I missed something, but basically you're saying that Zabimaru and Horyunmaru(?) were shinigami, even with that appearanace?

Yeah. That's why I'm saying it's a stretch--we don't even know if reincarnation exists in Bleach. But the knowledge has to come from somewhere, right?

Quartz-pebble
May 24, 2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah. That's why I'm saying it's a stretch--we don't even know if reincarnation exists in Bleach. But the knowledge has to come from somewhere, right?

It's not that bad of a stretch. In Shaman King all souls older than 500 years either take on a more refined form, or forget what they used to look like.

Young Aizen
May 24, 2008, 04:35 PM
Nah i dont really see isshin being the king.... maybe the prince or an ex personal bodyguard of the king...

nat
May 26, 2008, 12:02 PM
And Ichigo is prince? hmmm

I don't think so. In the manga it is implied that Noone knows anything about the king..let alone who he is, But then how come Urahara knows Isshin and it seemed that he knew him for a long time.
(But then again, Urahara knows everyone. :D)

Probably Isshin was a (runaway) royal guard...

Maybe Aizen was a little prince who got denied the throne. That's why he left and went to SS to scheme and plot. (Just a wild speculation that is probably wrong).

....too many theories.

Razh
May 26, 2008, 12:26 PM
Technically he implies that he has a captain reiatsu and that he knows about the typical behavior and techniques of shinigami captains and he's stronger than the average captain I guess. He uses neither shikai nor bankai to kill this arrancar with just one strike. I think that's quite impressing and a proof for his strength.
I would go with the royal guard theory for Ishin because royal guards are promoted shinigami captains and Ishin knows a lot about shinigami captains.
The way the king was described he didn't appear to be a (former) warrior with fighting experience like Yamma for example but more a noble man.

Also we don't know what's exactly the task of the king. It can't be reigning the soul world(s) I suppose he's more an entity whose existence guarantees the balance of the souls.

Most of the current captains wouldn't have any trouble with Grand Fisher either.
I agree about the King though. It could be someone with superior spirit particle controll.
Also, we have to ask ourselves why does Aizen want to become the King. If we knew that, we would be closer to guessing what is it that the King actually does. Well, suppose we can only wait for that one, though...

Tsukisama
May 26, 2008, 01:54 PM

Isshin's statements about captains seems to imply to me that he was once a captain. If Kubo wanted to the implication to simply be Isshin having captain-level reiatsu, then Isshin discussing the power of those with the power equal to captains instead of captains specifically would seem more appropriate. Plus, Isshin was wearing what looked like the remnants of a captain's robe. All of that together (the statements, the power, the clothes) is what seemed imply former captaincy.

I agree that I think he will likely have been in the royal guard.

Raizen
May 26, 2008, 02:02 PM
What if the king was a queen?? orihime with her bring the dead back to life powers!! :oO
hahaha just an idea

But I don't think isshin is the king, probably a guard. And really I don't see him as strong as some people sees him. Probably on par with byakuya and zaraki

patedecarne
May 26, 2008, 02:05 PM
At this point is really difficult to predict anything about the king, but just like Razh said, trying to understand Aizen's true motivations;

I don't think the king is the one responsible to guide all the souls to its respectives places, this is the shinigami's job; to maintain the peace is a litte doubtful too, again, one more job to shinigami;

Everything related with SS could be handled by SS itself, Gotei 13 existe for this purpose;

Then, I'm thinking in something bigger: Maybe the king is the one responsible to keep the balance among all the worlds: Earth, SS, Hell, Hueco Mundo; probably to keep all of these realms separately and in a natural course;

Then, if Aizen were to become the king, he'll be able to command every realm, and probably the total destruction could come with something like, a fusion between worlds;

sk.nite
May 26, 2008, 02:26 PM
I'll speculate based on further speculations. For starters, the only way that we know so far for opening the path to where the king resides is the ouken. We also know that there is no retirement form the Gotei 13 and that they are in general a very secretive organization. Then the royal guard should have similar carachteristics, correct? In this case even more since it protects a person whose existance is vital and unknown to almost every one in SS (besides, I believe it has very few members, ten at most. Maybe Aizen created the espada with their numbers in mind?).

If Isshin was the royal guard at some point, and now is in the human world this would mean that he escaped from that separate dimension form SS. I'm assuming that he has to use the ouken on "the other side" too to go to SS. Then my conclusion is that Isshin has in his possesion one ouken. This is very unlikely, but well... it's possible. What do you think?

pjboom
May 26, 2008, 05:54 PM
I don't know who the king is, but well, shinigamis call him a king, but Aizen called him as god. Wasn't Aizen who said that Orihime's power was so incredible that semed godlike?
So to me Orihime is pretty much closer to be from the royalty than Ichigo, the fact is that even her name says so (Ori-hime as far as I know hime means princess).

sk.nite
May 26, 2008, 06:03 PM
I don't know who the king is, but well, shinigamis call him a king, but Aizen called him as god. Wasn't Aizen who said that Orihime's power was so incredible that semed godlike?
So to me Orihime is pretty much closer to be from the royalty than Ichigo, the fact is that even her name says so (Ori-hime as far as I know hime means princess).

Aizen also said that Orihime was just a bait to lure Ichigo and the captains to Hueco Mundo. And from what I know, princess in japanese is just hime.

decadencia
May 26, 2008, 09:44 PM

if im not mistaken im pretty sure ori means caged and hime princess which fits quite nicely dont u think? the caged princess...

Tsukisama
May 27, 2008, 07:06 AM
Orihime is named after the legendary weaver princess of the same name from the Japanese legend upon which Tanabata is based. Orihime's name having other meanings based on its constituent parts could also have some relevance, but I don't think that it would be enough to base an argument for her being a member of the royal family.

gokusgirl
May 27, 2008, 11:26 AM

Ah, no. :offtopic

Ori-Hime may mean princess, but she is not. That theroy is way out there. Remeber Orihime's powers were only awakend from being around Ichigo. And also remebmer that Aizen was only using her to draw the other captains and Ichigo there so he can go to K-Town to destroy it.

lordHokage
May 27, 2008, 02:25 PM
I think the King is Isshin Kurosaki. Why? His identity is not only secret but it’s unknown to so many. If Isshin is the king, relocating him and his family to the human world is the last place his enemies would search because his middle-class lifestyle is not suitable for royalty living. Aizen strongly believes that the royal family whereabouts is hidden in a secret dimension. :blink

decadencia
May 27, 2008, 03:11 PM
I think the King is Isshin Kurosaki. Why? His identity is not only secret but it’s unknown to so many. If Isshin is the king, relocating him and his family to the human world is the last place his enemies would search because his middle-class lifestyle is not suitable for royalty living. Aizen strongly believes that the royal family whereabouts is hidden in a secret dimension. :blink

yes and thats why soul society went thru the trouble of making a fake karakura lol

Raizen
May 27, 2008, 04:28 PM
I don't know who the king is but from the previous chapters, seeing how we do not know who is attacking the shinigamis and most likely it is not aizen or urahra for obvious reasons, what if it was the king. A king wants strong guards to protect him. What if in order to get these powerful guards, one would need to break the boundaries between human and hollow.

lordHokage
May 27, 2008, 04:45 PM
yes and thats why soul society went thru the trouble of making a fake karakura lol

I agree. I think Captain Yamamoto is fully aware that there are enemies within the Soul Society and what better way to seperate the good, bad and ugly by fabricating fake articles on a key that opens the royal portal to the king’s dimension. I really don’t think the king resides in another dimension because the story itself is center around Ichigo’s world aka Karakura Town. :blink

gokusgirl
May 27, 2008, 05:36 PM

FINALLY! Someone who agrees with my theroy!! :woot

lordHokage
May 27, 2008, 06:04 PM
FINALLY! Someone who agrees with my theroy!! :woot

In Ichigo’s world, there is only a hand full of people who is on top on everything and they are Isshin, Kisuke, Yoruichi and Captain Yamamoto. If Isshin is the king, he knows his enemies and their future plans. :D

Tsukisama
May 27, 2008, 06:35 PM
In Ichigo’s world, there is only a hand full of people who is on top on everything and they are Isshin, Kisuke, Yoruichi and Captain Yamamoto. If Isshin is the king, he knows his enemies and their future plans. :D

Don't forget Unohana. She seems to be one who is usually quite aware of things too IMO. I am doubtful that she would know something that big, but her intuition on things is usually very accurate.

lordHokage
May 27, 2008, 06:51 PM
Don't forget Unohana. She seems to be one who is usually quite aware of things too IMO. I am doubtful that she would know something that big, but her intuition on things is usually very accurate.

I totally forget about her and I would probably add Jūshirō and Kyōraku as well after all they are Soul Society old guards, if anyone who knows the king secret identity it would probably be them. :blink

Hirako shinji
June 06, 2008, 07:28 AM
黑崎一户

For those who don't know Chinese, this says "Kurosaki Ichigo." Please try to post in English in threads other than the specific language hangout threads or translation threads.

Hada-Kun
June 06, 2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah, or you could be like me and look carefully at random things.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.02/10/
Since we passed over the topic of urahara knowing ishhin.
if u need to compare it to http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/187/09/ or however...

JeffS
June 22, 2008, 10:02 PM
This doesn't necessarily pertain to this chapter as much as it does to the story as a whole, but...

Can anyone direct me to any references in the manga as to what goes on where the King of Soul Society is? Or who he is? Because, I do not recall any mention of his powers or anything of that nature.

I really just imagine Aizen finally somehow achieving his ideal plans and opening the gate only to find an all powerful god-like creature sitting there to cut him down instantly.

King: "Aizen, dude. I've, like, been watching you this whole time. Did you not think at all about what I would be like?"
Aizen: "Well, uh..."
K: "I'm the King of Soul Society. I rule all."
A: "Yeah, but, my Zanpak--"
K: "I'm not affected by that kind of stuff."
A: "Oh."
K: "Yeah."
A: "Well, then."
A: "I guess, uh.."
K: "VROOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHH CRAZY ENERGY BLAST THAT CAN'T BE AVOIDED CRSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
A: (dead)

Moved post

drakend
June 24, 2008, 01:00 PM
I hope the king isn't Ichigo and he isn't related to the royal family as well because the plot would become boring and stupid.
It would be like the "work hard" philosophy of Naruto going to hell in part 2 because of some events regarding his origins. :rolleyes:

What if in order to get these powerful guards, one would need to break the boundaries between human and hollow.
Squadron 0 and the Vaizards are two different things, even because Vaizards HATE Soul Society. Hell they're right too as SS wanted to deal with them as hollows, so they would be dead if it wasn't for Urahara.

Can anyone direct me to any references in the manga as to what goes on where the King of Soul Society is? Or who he is? Because, I do not recall any mention of his powers or anything of that nature.

The King's dimension is a dimension within SS and that dimension
can be opened only by the ouken (=royal key).

The Adamant Dragon
June 24, 2008, 10:45 PM
My First thread, Woot :p

( Please, Read Fully Before Replying ;) ). I've been Thinking About this for a long Time...

Since its said that the king's Key was sent and locked to ichigo's town. It's possible, and That I'm sure of it, Is that the king Lives There Too and Because he wanted to be Anonimous There,... could be A Possibility that they somehow Erased his Existance and were he resided . But the Only person that knew his true Identity and Location was Yamajin. But Somehow Urahara and Aizen Discovered it out... Thus conducting Aizen to be the man to have the Ideals we know today. ( 'Cause he wants the key for its Powers ).

now, What I Beleive is that Ichigo's Dad, Isshin Was SS Captain as you Know and Fell in Love With Ichigo's Mom who was possibly a Queen ( Or the princess for that matter ). They Probably wanted to live a normal life as humans And wanted their childrens to live a Normal life.

That Could In part Explain Aizen's interst for Ichigo. He might know who he is in reality. 'Cause I Beleive There's something more About Isshin kurosaki... I Think he's the one that Aizen is really after.

And ichigo's Fast Growth of Power could be explain by the fact that his mother is a queen ( Maybe Royalty have a great amount of spiritual pressure ) and By his Father's Power. 'Cause we have Yet to see his strengh. People that Act as they ain't strong and stupid in mangas ( Especially for isshin ) tend to do so to avoid ATTENTION. When their truly Badass. Just see How serious and powerfull he looked when he Saved Kon ( in Ichigo's Body ) from that big Hollow.

This is just a Theory though, Go ahead and give your thoughts. I Have much to say... I'll Ellaborate my opinion as we discuss it.

MaydayParade
June 24, 2008, 11:21 PM
(Note: It was an Arrancar not a hollow, which makes him even more badass)

Personally, from what we've seen from Kubo so far, i think it has to be some person whom we don;t know yet. Personally, I think that Isshin was the 10th captain of the Gotei 13 during the Gaiden, but i agree with the fact that he wanted his kids to live a normal life. Too bad that didn't happen :P

lordHokage
June 24, 2008, 11:23 PM
Base on your theory, If Ichigo’s mother was royalty, he is the king not his father, but I agree that king or the royal family reside in Karakura Town, and Aizen is too smart not to ignore Ichigo’s spiritual powers levels. I like your theory. :D

someguy0830
June 25, 2008, 12:39 AM
There's a big hole in this.

Since its said that the king's Key was sent and locked to ichigo's town.The key, wherever it is, is known only to Yama. Aizen plans to make the key by vaping Karakura.

JioFreed666
June 25, 2008, 02:17 AM
Isshin's father is the king anyway Aizen plans in a better explaination to from the key from all the souls in K-town that's the only way Isshin would be so powerful without anybody knowing the name Kurosaki

nordicbattlesigns
June 25, 2008, 03:11 AM
Isshin's father is the king anyway Aizen plans in a better explaination to from the key from all the souls in K-town that's the only way Isshin would be so powerful without anybody knowing the name Kurosaki

Punctuation is your friend – this hardly parses!

But Isshin is not necessarily the king; we certainly do not have enough evidence from what’s been shown so far to conclude it. What we DO have is that he is a captain-level shinigami with quite the aura of mystery about him.

Plausible possibilities as to his identity:

-- The king or another member of the royal family. This is problematic as we are lacking in good reasons why he would be living on earth when the king has a perfectly good dimension at the core of Soul Society to reside in, with a royal guard to boot. (Wanting to live the human life just doesn’t seem to cut it.)

-- A member of the royal guard, which seems reasonable.

-- An unknown captain-level shinigami who resided in SS in such a time as his reiatsu could be unknown to Shinji. Whether that’s within the time of Urahara’s exile or considerably earlier is open to debate; he cannot be contemporary with Shinji for the above reason. He gave up his powers 20 years ago or so, but nothing says how long he may have been on earth before that.

-- People have tossed in other fallen SS nobility, and have explored the idea elsewhere; I’m not bothering with it here.

-- Tossing in one more here, a member of the Secret Remote Squad. That could account both his familiarity with Urahara, a former 2nd Division member himself and the lack of knowledge of the Kurosaki name. Only in the Shihouin clan and the 2nd Division does the Secret Remote Squad and the Gotei 13 converge; they are otherwise distinct, and this provides a reasonable idea as to why the Kurosaki name is largely unknown to most shinigami. Speculatively, he might be in Karakura as a liaison between the exiled Urahara and Yoruichi – she certainly hasn’t hung around in Karakura Town herself for all that time.

Plus, for all we know Isshin could simply maintain his anonymity by the simplest of methods – an assumed name?

kkck
June 25, 2008, 12:26 PM
Didnt ichigo said his mm could not see hollows? Wouldnt this mean she did not have any power?

The Adamant Dragon
June 25, 2008, 02:54 PM
(Note: It was an Arrancar not a hollow, which makes him even more badass)

Personally, from what we've seen from Kubo so far, i think it has to be some person whom we don;t know yet. Personally, I think that Isshin was the 10th captain of the Gotei 13 during the Gaiden, but i agree with the fact that he wanted his kids to live a normal life. Too bad that didn't happen :P

Yeah, my Bad, The fact that It was an Arrancar makes him look More Badass For sure :thumbs

Base on your theory, If Ichigo’s mother was royalty, he is the king not his father, but I agree that king or the royal family reside in Karakura Town, and Aizen is too smart not to ignore Ichigo’s spiritual powers levels. I like your theory. :D

Thanks Lord hokage, Its been a long time since Aizen noticed Ichigo, There's more to
the Guy that meets the Eye. Litteraly. But one thing though... WhomEver marry a King Becomes a queen and whomEver take for for Bride a Queen becomes a King. Can't wait To see how the Pendelum Arc Plays out in the End. I Just hope that Aizen's Death doesn't Sign the End of bleach... There's Just too many possibilties after this Arc to let the manga continu.

There's a big hole in this.

The key, wherever it is, is known only to Yama. Aizen plans to make the key by vaping Karakura.

Please reread my post. I Say that the key is to K-town. And Aizen knows How to localyze the Preciousss... ( lord of the ring Nostalgy lol :P ) Item he strongly desire.
Wether I Specified that the key is located in a different Dimension of K-Town, doesn't affect the fondation of my theory. 'Cause most people know all that, so I Didn't felt the need to prolonge my post for something all Bleach readers do know.

Didnt ichigo said his mm could not see hollows? Wouldnt this mean she did not have any power?

You know, Ichigo beleive his Dad can't see Hollows... yet We do know that he can and that in fact was a SS Captain Level Shinigamy. We know so little about ichigo's Mom... Yet She's the one that probably Affected ichigo's life the most. The lost of his mother made Ichigo the Man we know today. Hope this Answer it. Yet those are just Speculations, The only to affirme this is to get the Full story of Ichigo's parents.

Thanks For your posts.

VeshWolfe
June 25, 2008, 04:32 PM
There is something special about Issihn, that I will say. The fact tha he could kill a 75% complete (percentage is a guess) Arrancar by only drawing his sword it tetstiment to that. He very well could be the king, but I somehow doubt that.

Instead I think Isshin is possibly the Captain of Squad zero. Which leads me to another theory that Inoue is the descendant of the King, not Ichigo. That may account for here ability to actually neglect the existence of events, a power which no other person has ever displayed. In this respect Isshin could have been "watching over" Inoue's family/ The only hole in this is her parents dieing in a car accident.

Regardless I firmly beleive someone in K-town is either the King or somehow related to the King.

gfire2
June 25, 2008, 06:11 PM
i like ur theory!

well who ever said the king had the b a male?? the "king" could b just a term used to describe the true leader of soul society, it could b a female for all we know.

THE KING
June 26, 2008, 03:48 AM
The king is some guy, why relate him to the regular characters.

Umbra Wolf
June 26, 2008, 05:05 AM
Can anyone direct me to any references in the manga as to what goes on where the King of Soul Society is? Or who he is? Because, I do not recall any mention of his powers or anything of that nature

I don't know the chapter right now but IIRC it was state that the king is not uber powerful but he serves his cause (probably meaning to ensure the balance of living and dead souls) just by existing and not directly ruling; that's the job of the 46 chambers.

Kaim
June 26, 2008, 02:19 PM
I don't think that Isshin is the king. The theory i support the most is that he's in squad zero. One thing I've thought of is why he's wearing a captains robe. If he's not a captain anymore why would he wear it? It's not like Urahara, Yoruichi or any of the other ex-captains wears them.

Kaim
June 26, 2008, 02:27 PM
This doesn't necessarily pertain to this chapter as much as it does to the story as a whole, but...

I really just imagine Aizen finally somehow achieving his ideal plans and opening the gate only to find an all powerful god-like creature sitting there to cut him down instantly.

King: "Aizen, dude. I've, like, been watching you this whole time. Did you not think at all about what I would be like?"
K: "VROOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHH CRAZY ENERGY BLAST THAT CAN'T BE AVOIDED CRSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Moved post

Hahaha if that would happen I would praise Bleach as the best piece of art ever written.

MaydayParade
June 26, 2008, 03:24 PM
I don't think that Isshin is the king. The theory i support the most is that he's in squad zero. One thing I've thought of is why he's wearing a captains robe. If he's not a captain anymore why would he wear it? It's not like Urahara, Yoruichi or any of the other ex-captains wears them.

But Urahara is in his gigai all the time and Yoruichi is just different. She transforms into a cat and doesn't use a Zanpakutou. And besides, she wouldn't have her robe with her, because when they left SS, she was wearing those skintight clothes (which i love so much ^_^) and a scarf. That's all. And all the other ex-captains we know, the Vaizards, are all in gigais.

THE KING
June 26, 2008, 04:42 PM
well aizen is sure to somehow get his hands on the key and then fight the RG Isshin for it.

lordHokage
June 26, 2008, 07:07 PM

That's funny. I believe Aizen hypnotize himself, that explain why he think he's so capable of killing the King. :D

frozen18ice
June 30, 2008, 12:31 AM
i realized something very important,

remember that talisman that ichigo's dad gave him its so small yet it can reject a arrancar witch is very strange for something so simple it could be a hint on the true identity of isshin.

hyn_pride93
June 30, 2008, 10:53 PM

remember that talisman that ichigo's dad gave him its so small yet it can reject a arrancar witch is very strange for something so simple it could be a hint on the true identity of isshin.

dude... 0_o. what ur talking about?

but anyway I like this theory. its very probable.

Kaim
July 01, 2008, 10:45 AM
dude... 0_o. what ur talking about?

but anyway I like this theory. its very probable.

He's talking about the charm that Isshin gave Ichigo. The one he threw at Grand fisher when Kon was about to be crushed.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/186/17/

July 01, 2008, 11:57 AM

And Urahara created the gem wich ddissolwes the barrier between shinigami and hollow.
And Shihoin family had the shield wich destroys the most powerful thing SS ever exhibited...

That charm can't lead us anywhere.

hyn_pride93
July 02, 2008, 04:45 PM
He's talking about the charm that Isshin gave Ichigo. The one he threw at Grand fisher when Kon was about to be crushed.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/186/17/

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! i remember now. lol thanks for that.

but u guys have to admit it, Isshin is the frickin man. i dont know why he's keeping his identity a secret but it must be s really good reason... and i think we'll find out why in SS in the real KT.

delapaz13
October 04, 2008, 11:13 PM
do you think that by any chance kubo has shown us the king of soul society without us knowing it? he has the penchant for hidding things in plain sight...could it be zangestu or isshin kurosaki?what do you think?

Fox666
October 04, 2008, 11:30 PM
Isshin would be too obvious...

kkck
October 05, 2008, 11:07 AM
I dont think zangetsu could be the king of anything. He isnt even dominant over shirosaki for all we know. Besides he is part of ichigo's power, in a way he is born from/with ichigo, so I dont see how he could be the king.
Ishin could be the king, but seems unlikely.

delapaz13
October 05, 2008, 08:07 PM
but why does his powers include having precedence over shinigami and hollow powers...and among other things why is he the only avatar we've seen so far to be human...

Exodi
October 05, 2008, 11:17 PM
Zangetsu is one of the only zanpakutou avatars we've seen, period.
I highly doubt he has anything to do with the King.

kkck
October 05, 2008, 11:54 PM
We have seen sabimaru though. And I think that giant dragon who appears to hitsugaya in the gaiden is his zanpakuto's spirit.

Raizen
October 06, 2008, 01:14 PM
There has been a theory flying around saying orihime is the king or queen. i mean her powers are beyond explanation. The sort of power someone like the "King" would have.

I don't know but that seems like a good theory to me.

Also, when grand fisher attacked kon in ichigo's body and isshin showed up, I read a translation where grand fisher said ichigo is a pure blood shinigami since his dad was one. But in order to be a pure blood wouldn't that mean his mother has to be a shinigami too???

delapaz13
October 07, 2008, 01:19 AM
There has been a theory flying around saying orihime is the king or queen. i mean her powers are beyond explanation. The sort of power someone like the "King" would have.

I don't know but that seems like a good theory to me.

Also, when grand fisher attacked kon in ichigo's body and isshin showed up, I read a translation where grand fisher said ichigo is a pure blood shinigami since his dad was one. But in order to be a pure blood wouldn't that mean his mother has to be a shinigami too???

does that mean masaki kurosaki may be kirio hikifune...

Raizen
October 07, 2008, 03:57 PM
does that mean masaki kurosaki may be kirio hikifune...
IDK, but hoping to find out LOL

hyn_pride93
October 07, 2008, 07:27 PM
Damn!! :O If Masaki does end up being Hikifune, then I'm gonna drop dead! That would be a major plot twist and dramatic scene for all of us. I think I would cry if that happened. I'm already starting to swell up. :cry

drakend
October 11, 2008, 12:35 AM
In the last posts some people have pointed out something really interesting:
1) the "pure blood" issue
2) the Hikifune issue

For 1) I think a pure blood being is someone who is born from two parents of the very same kind. A child from a shinigami and a human isn't exactly what you would call a pure blood. Someone may say "but Grand Fisher didn't know Ichigo's mother was a shinigami", but he ate her, so he may know this possibility for this reason.
For 2) I don't see the reason to name a character who will never be part of the plot. Bleach has already plenty of characters as is, there isn't any need to add further ones!
This Hikifune captain will have a major role in the plot for sure, either because she's in the squadron 0 or because she's Ichigo's mother.

hyn_pride93
October 11, 2008, 01:37 AM
Those were my ideas that you just so happened to say. Well, others have surely said them too but I know that I was one of them that said that.

Ichigo is a pureblood. Ichigo isn't a pureblood. Either way, there has to be a reasonable explanation for his growth in strength.

deathgod6664820
October 11, 2008, 07:41 PM
I see it like this ichigo is a pureblood, but to speculate what if ichi parents left ss to hide him from the royal fam and for some reason dosent want him 2 know they have history in ss, that will explain alot of things. like why his mom never went into soul reaper form against the grandfisher around him and the fact that isshin doesnt even want him 2 know about his power.

seya
October 16, 2008, 01:48 PM
What puzzles me the most is the method chosen by kisuke to restaure Ichigo's shinigami powers. He explained that byakuya cut Rukia's source of shinigami power because he didn't know that Ichigo had his own shinigami powers. However why did kisuke choose hollowification to restaure them? Does it mean something about his origins or should it simply be considered as the only way?

kkck
October 16, 2008, 04:39 PM
I think this was the only way and the hollowification was accidental. From the gaiden it seems like if urahara fells somewhat guilty about what happened to the vizards. If that is the case then I dont think he would intentionaly turn ichigo into a hollow hybrid. Maybe urahara thought that if ichigo recovers his powers fast enough he would become a simple shinigami but if he didnt he would still have a chance to live but as a vizard.
On the other hand urahara has shown us he is highly manipulative (not as much as aizen, but quite a bit). He could have intentionaly turn ichigo into a vizard so that he ichigo could get power faster.

seya
October 17, 2008, 03:28 AM
thanks Kkck.
The hollowfication is clearly intentional , kisuke had everything prepared for the transformation. He knew he would turn him into a vizard. Kisuke and Ichi's father also expected the Vizards to make contact with him. Why did Ishinn agree to have his son turned into a Vizard ?
As you say he is manipulative, maybe knowing that he is Ishin's son, that he has that
freaking riatsu , he would get a chance of destroying the hougyoku.

Zarion
November 01, 2008, 07:08 PM
IMHO Ichigo is the king. I think there could be more behind behind Shirosaki's "horse and king" -speeches than what he's letting on. I have a theory on the matter but I won't be writing it because this isn't a share-your-crack-pot-theory-with-us-thread :p. So I'll spare you guys... for the time being

hyn_pride93
November 05, 2008, 01:47 AM
please tell us your theory. I for one would love to hear it. :d I have a theory, a few actuall and I would like to hear yours first before I share mines with the others.:D

delapaz13
November 08, 2008, 12:44 AM
could isshin's zanpakuto be also Zangetsu?I mean they both have the same design (when he didnt' know it's name) except in size I mean he could be the speed phantom 1 and urahara said how the two of them are so alike...

hyn_pride93
November 08, 2008, 02:22 AM
It could also be a situation such as the "like father, like son" belief. Since Isshin is obviously the older person in this case, his zanpaktou came first. Then his offspring just so happened to inherit similar abilities to his father. It could also be a trait that runs throughout the family. :)

SilversDKRayleigh
December 06, 2008, 06:37 PM
:huh:huhmaybe he was turned into a vizard to unite them and the soul society. and about isshin also having zangetsu maybe he has his father.
Maybe isshin left the royal guard for some reason and that's why hikifune was accepted.:huh

Natsu Dragonil
December 19, 2008, 04:38 PM
ichigos got a very unique reiatsu cause he can awaken the abilitys of others with his unleashing reiatsu.so how come a shinigami got such a reiatsu?for example the kings key needs a lot of reiatsu power to be created but if the king created him himself then he has reiatsu level that nobody else got.i alos think that isshin powers returned cause of ichigo uleashing unintentionally reiast at home so that the "sealed" powers of his father awakened.
according to ichigos reiatsu it semms that he must have a connection to a noble family or he is somehow related to the king.

What would be odd is if ichigos mom was a VL and not a shinigami like his father and thats why both masaki and isshin went hiding on earth but i think thats to odd.

Gecko Moria
December 29, 2008, 04:08 AM
Don't think we've seen him yet...he'll probably just be some random guy with a crown. Perhaps he will be the last villain...?

Smerten
May 25, 2010, 03:34 AM
This idea came to me last night. I was thinking about Isshin and Masaki. Ichigo and what Aizen told him. And about what Kubo said referring to a possible Isshin history arc.

And I came up with an idea about their past, and I'm not sure if this has already been posted.

Could Ichigo be the grandson or something similair of the Soul King?

Imagine. Shinigami Isshin Kurosaki worked up his way to Captain, quite some time ago. He then gets promoted to the Zero Squad. So while in the Zero Squad, he meets the lovely doughter of the Soul King: Masaki. Masaki, a rebelious young lady tired of being stuck in the Soul King's dimension. So she aks Isshin a lot of things about SS and Earth because of her insatiable curiousity. The two form a friendship that crosses over into a romance.
Then, one day, she takes out her puppy eyes and begs Isshin to take her away, to earth.
So they escape to earth and ask their old friend Kisuke Urahara, who has been living undetected in the human world for about 80 - 90 years or so, to help them with untraceable Gigais. Thus allowing them to live secretly but happily with their up and coming family.

Aizen, searching to overthrow the Soul King, could have interacted with Isshin and Masaki when they got back from the Soul King's crib. At this point in time he knew about the royal guard. He would of course be very interested in Ichigo, thus explaining his actions.
"because you're the offspring of a Shinigami and..."
... Royalty?

So by all means, expand on this theory or debunk it entirely.

wiwaneko
May 25, 2010, 02:50 PM
I don't think Masaki would be the daughter of the Soul King, because it's already been said that Ichigo is a human and a shinigami.

Although, Masaki could have been the one who was a shinigami and Isshin was a human/substitute shinigami. That seems unlikely, though.

I think Isshin was just visiting the human world and saw Masaki and blah blah blah. I can't wait to see what really happened, though. :spaz

Tahl
July 10, 2010, 07:26 PM
I had a quick scan of the forum and couldn't see a similar topic so here goes:

There's a few things about the series that has always bugged me, mainly the main character Ichigo. In under a year he has managed to attain power that takes even super-genius's centuries to master and is now among the most powerful characters in the world.

One explanation for this is the fact that Isshin is captain level and therefore his son has a ridiculously high rietsu level. My problem with this is; wouldn't that therefore also be true for his two younger sisters? Perhaps though they just haven't unlocked their full potential yet.

When Ichigo (illegally) enters into soul society, beats up a shed load of people (including two captains) the staunchly conservative Yamamoto doesn't even blink. Instead he bestows the special honor of "Substitute shinigami" onto Ichigo thus making him friends and ally to Soul Society, which is more than a bit weird and no one else seems to have ever heard of the honor being used before. Surely such a danger to SS should have been killed, especially considering his crimes.

When Ichigo gets home Aizen hunts him out to figure out who/what he is but specifically does not allow his subordinates to kill Ichigo. Ulquiorra is sent to investigate Ichigo and Grimmjaw is specifically stopped from killing him. Aizen more or less doesn't appear to care too much what the Espada do in their free time even if it's kill other Espada so why would he care about a meaningless weakling like Ichigo? And care so much that he would send one of his top lieutenants to stop it from happening. Aizen goes so far as to explain his actions in chapter 367 although the implication is that Ichigo's mother was a hollow. Azien even asks Gin what he was doing when it looked like he was going to kill Ichigo.

So this coupled with various other things have made me think about the idea that Ichigo is the King of Soul Society. What if his "Dad" and "Mother" are actually the zero division from Soul Society?

The "Royal Palace" exists within it's own unique dimension.... Much like Ichigo's "inner world". I can't remember any time in the manga where any other shinigami went to their own worlds. In fact the opposite is true, the zanpaktou materialises in the real world to commune with it's master, like Zabimaru did to speak to Renjii.

In order to create the kings key Aizen has to destroy Karakura town, which simply has enough people and enough spirit force. It also has the Viazards, Urahara and various other high level people living there. Surely it would have been easier to go somewhere else and thus lessen the risk of other players interfering. What if the true key was not the spirit force but the way in which it would effect Ichigo. Ichigo has locked away his hollow side and to an extent even Zangetsu, when he loses control he momentarily lets them loose and shows us his "true form". How would he react if he lost his sisters, friends everything he cared about?

elitefox
July 14, 2010, 04:52 AM
^ I don't see him as being the next villain. Aizen already seems unbeatable as it is; having someone above him would be too DBZ-ish. But not having any connection to Ichigo would be the most sound option, in terms of plot continuity.

Damn I loled over that sig, really nice.

Hmm back to topic, most likely my bet is its a different character with a relation to the kurosaki family. isshin said that their technique is kinda been perfecting for generations. so I believe isshin is somewhat part of the noble family or the royal family itself. ;)

tret16
July 18, 2010, 06:45 PM
i think that Isshin was just trained in the royal guard from when he was little and the royal guard also have a ranking system... I mean how else would they indicate who was in charge of the others... I think that would explain why he has the captain symbol on his arm and also why no one else know's who isshin is other then Urahara, concidering that he's the one that gave him a gigai when he first went to the living world...

Arrogance
July 22, 2010, 04:44 PM
I don't think we have seen the King yet. I doubt the king would just be anyone waltzing around Soul Society. He apparently has his own realm so it makes sense for him to be there so he can remain protected, especially now that Aizen is after him. If anything though I once thought that Isshin was at most a Royal Guard member and that is still a possibility but now the more we are leaning about him and seeing him in action I'm just not so sure anymore.

Kaiten
July 22, 2010, 10:53 PM
Nor do I. It would be kind of annoying if the ruler of soul society, so concerned for interfering with the day to day operations of his realm that he sealed himself away in an impenetrable dimension, was off running around amongst his subjects this whole time. If it were to be anyone would think it is Don Kanonji. The buffoon turning out to be a great power is enough of a cliche I wouldn't even mind. I'm not a fan of the theories connecting Isshin to the Royal Family or Royal Guard. There hasn't been any hint in the manga about it. He's definitely strong, I don't see that in itself as a clue.

Arrogance
July 22, 2010, 11:27 PM
Nor do I. It would be kind of annoying if the ruler of soul society, so concerned for interfering with the day to day operations of his realm that he sealed himself away in an impenetrable dimension, was off running around amongst his subjects this whole time. If it were to be anyone would think it is Don Kanonji. The buffoon turning out to be a great power is enough of a cliche I wouldn't even mind. I'm not a fan of the theories connecting Isshin to the Royal Family or Royal Guard. There hasn't been any hint in the manga about it. He's definitely strong, I don't see that in itself as a clue.
I guess the first thing that stirred up the theory on Isshin is the fact that he has the captains haori (or what seems to be) around his shoulder in an odd manner compared to the other captains. Also we do know that Royal Guard is a promotion from captain level thanks to the TBTP arc. So I could very well see the speculation being reasonable in that there were things that made Isshin odd and the Royal Guard could have been a fitting situation. Just instead now though as the plot is moving on it just seems like he's been around too long and not too secretive for him to seem like a Royal Guard member. I dunno, he's too much like Ichigo personality wise and just doesn't seem serious enough to be a special royal guard agent and on top of that he's been around now for quite a while now. Something like that you would think he would have announced by now? I dunno its an odd thing to explain but his presence lately just doesn't seem to spell out royal guard to me. I do however think it is a possibility that a Royal Guard member is possibly around undercover amongst the gotei 13, but just who I couldn't say.

Kaiten
July 23, 2010, 01:25 PM
I always assumed the haori was worn weird since Kubo didn't want to give any background when he first appeared as a shinigami. Whatever squad he was captain of pretty much creates a connection between him and a present day captain. While I'm not ruling out that he was royal guard, there aren't enough clues to even guess at it. Trying to guess at what squad he was from was much more fun.

Arrogance
July 23, 2010, 01:49 PM
I always assumed the haori was worn weird since Kubo didn't want to give any background when he first appeared as a shinigami. Whatever squad he was captain of pretty much creates a connection between him and a present day captain. While I'm not ruling out that he was royal guard, there aren't enough clues to even guess at it. Trying to guess at what squad he was from was much more fun.
That being said no one other that Urahara and Yoruichi has really given him any acknowledgment and you would think someone would then recognize the name Kurosaki. That is of course if Yama has been holding back and keeping it a secret that he knows Isshin well. Other than him you would think Shunsui, Ukitake, or Unohana would know him sense they've been around the longest. I dunno, its really a tough one to figure out because no one is giving any clues to knowing him and if anyone else does know him I hope Kubo gives us a good reason for why they haven't mentioned him at all or recognized the name Kurosaki yet.

jourrel
July 25, 2010, 08:32 AM
Maybe Isshin is a runaway shinigami too like urahara.Maybe he wants to quit but quitting is no allowed right? that's my theory:D

Hystzen
July 28, 2010, 04:00 AM
i assume the way that isshin wears the haori is how royal guards wear them... i think it kinda obivous that isshin is RG as that must be where the plot is going and we ment to have a isshin arc...now it would be pointless having isshin flashbacks showing him as a regular captain in SS as we seen that enugh so a flashback be a good way to introduce royal dimesion.

Cyber34
August 29, 2010, 10:37 AM
Okay, here's another conglomerate theory thread to wrap your heads around:

Ever since the Ou Ken/Key of the King has been introduced, everyone and their mothers have come up with some theory as to how Ichigo is connected to the Royal Bloodline. These range from Isshin being ex-Royal Defense Force to Ichigo (and even Zangetsu) being next in line to the throne. So my question is, what connection do you think Ichigo has with the King, if any?

My take on it is this; plotwise, Bleach has already trodden enough tried and true shonen ground as it is, so Ichigo even being related to the king would be as lame as you can get. Isshin being a former Royal Guard is the only plausible theory I've heard--and before you mention the captain's cloak on his arm, please remember how D-Roy was presented before the SS Arc, as well as Grimmjow's Fraccion upgrading to Adjuuchas retroactively. Inconsistent retcons are no stranger to this series, so it isn't impossible.

Anyway, that's just what I thought. What about you guys?

I think that Ichigo has no connection to the King other then being the son of one of his former employees. But, the nature of his power and its rate of growth could be exactly the same as Ichigo. It would have to be for him to reign over the Royal Guard and Soul Society all this time.

mars0103
August 29, 2010, 06:01 PM
I don't think Masaki would be the daughter of the Soul King, because it's already been said that Ichigo is a human and a shinigami.

Although, Masaki could have been the one who was a shinigami and Isshin was a human/substitute shinigami. That seems unlikely, though.

I think Isshin was just visiting the human world and saw Masaki and blah blah blah. I can't wait to see what really happened, though. :spaz

It was never stated that ichigo was half human it was stated that he was half shinigami and half (isshin but in) end chapter ichigo thinks aizen said half human.

kkck
August 29, 2010, 09:43 PM
It was never stated that ichigo was half human it was stated that he was half shinigami and half (isshin but in) end chapter ichigo thinks aizen said half human.

If you read the next chapter though, you will noticed whoever printed the chapter made a mistake. In the next chapter ichigo is left wondering what aizen said. What aizen actually said was "because you are a human and a..." to which ichigo thinks to himself something along the lines of " I thought I had missed it but the answer was right in front of me" and it just so happens ishin is there right in front.

mju
August 30, 2010, 06:32 AM
im still wondering about two things, one from very begining of manga and one from last few weeks:

1.when rukia met Ichigo she said sth like: "Is that he? no, its impossible"

2.aizen said to ichigo "..because you are half shinigami and half-" didnt finish -,-

if those things were said later and i missed correct me;)

metalia
September 06, 2010, 09:12 AM
im still wondering about two things, one from very begining of manga and one from last few weeks:

1.when rukia met Ichigo she said sth like: "Is that he? no, its impossible"

2.aizen said to ichigo "..because you are half shinigami and half-" didnt finish -,-

if those things were said later and i missed correct me;)

For the first one, I'm pretty sure Rukia thought she was in front of Shiba Kaien, as Ukitake thought the same thing when seeing Ichigo for the first time. This is because they both look pretty much the same except for the hair color.

Your second question is a bit difficult to explain. I think the manga you read was mistranslated. The correct translation would be: "because you are half human and half-" When Ishiin appears then in front of Ichigo, it's pretty obvius that what Aizen was going to state was "You are half human and half shinigami", cause as you should know Ishiin is not human but shinigami.

Hope that helps, Bye!

eoloas
September 06, 2010, 12:24 PM
Your second question is a bit difficult to explain. I think the manga you read was mistranslated. The correct translation would be: "because you are half human and half-" When Ishiin appears then in front of Ichigo, it's pretty obvius that what Aizen was going to state was "You are half human and half shinigami", cause as you should know Ishiin is not human but shinigami.

In fact are we 100% sure that ichigo's mother is humain?
she could very well be hollow or something else we haven't seen yet

The version i read was interrupted the same way. Why purposly interrupt aizen if there isn't a deeper meaning rather than the obvious? even more so for this kind of information.

metalia
September 10, 2010, 09:32 AM
In fact are we 100% sure that ichigo's mother is humain?
she could very well be hollow or something else we haven't seen yet

The version i read was interrupted the same way. Why purposly interrupt aizen if there isn't a deeper meaning rather than the obvious? even more so for this kind of information.

We can speculate about that topic whenever we want, but what we do know is that ichigo's mother was killed by a hollow.

About the other thing, we knew that Ichigo was half-shinigami, but Ichigo himself didn't, Aizen's statement wasn't a surprise for us readers but for Ichigo, who didn't know his father was a shinigami.

As u may remember, when Aizen was interrupted, Ichigo said: "I didn't need to hear more, the answer was right before my eyes", the only thing that was before his eyes was his shinigami father.

Anyway, maybe in one of the mangas to come, we are revealed something we didn't expect, or so I hope.

Bye! ;)

digit03
September 12, 2010, 10:52 AM
if ichigo was half hollow, it could also mean what was right before his eyes was that if he could use the hollow mask and wasnt hollowfied he must have been half hollow....although if there was a mistranslation about the half shinigami half human thing that would also make sense

jm
September 25, 2010, 01:17 PM
i have said for a while that lady with the one arm and her family. you know the sister of that guy who rukia killed. yeah i think they are related to ichigo through his dad and his dad is the reason they are a fallen noble family.

my guess is that ichigo's dad guarded the king

Fallen.
September 27, 2010, 11:58 AM
i like the idea of ichigo's dad being the captain of squad 10 and the king being an object. After all urahara said, "so you saw it." It be a way better storyline. After all god is b.s in this story. Considering souls just get sent to another town lol where they protect other souls lmao. Since there is really no heaven here.

Lemonadez
September 30, 2010, 07:32 PM
In Description

The "Spirit King" is known as the king of Soul Society. The king lives in the Royal Palace, that is protected by the Royal Guard..

The Royal Guard is a organization that performs services for the Royal family. They also given over to protecting the Spirit King, the Royal Family and the Royal Palace.

The 4 Main Royal Family
- Shihōin Family (Yoruichi)
- Kuchiki Family
- Shiba Family (no1 knows if their not part of it anymore).
- Kurosaki [ Isshin past? - not even Aizen knows about his existence since 100 years ago. Isshin only lost his power 20 years ago. ]

As only Urahara and Yorouichi knows Isshin because they are in the Royal Family.

No one knows about Isshin from other former captain who exist 100 years ago. As they said, No one in Gotei 13 are allowed to meddle affair with the noble families. So that why Kurosaki Isshin is unknown to other Gotei 13 and former Gotei 13 who exist 100 years ago.?

Urahara mention the Spirit king and describe it to aizen and its location.
Not even Aizen have any Idea what or who exactly it is.
So Urahara been there before to Royal palace, since he's part of the Shihōin family who serve under the Spirit King.

As Spirit King leave all the work to the Central 46 Chambers and Nobles Royal Family.

So the 4 Royal Family actually know the Spirit King.?

kamakazi_1996
November 21, 2010, 02:19 PM
i hav about 3 theories
1. ishin was the RG and the kurosaki family hav been protecting the king from generation to generation but ishin used the FGT and retired to be with masaki kurosaki.

2 masaki was related to the king and it was ishins job to protect her but had fallen in love with her making ichigo some kind of prince or something.

3. the kurosaki family are the gurdians of hell and the king gave them very powerful zanpaktou that can b used to fight against vasto lorde and that aizen might b related to the gurdians or related to ishin because look at the zanpaktou names
ichigo:zan getsu
ishin:en getsu
aizen:kyoka sui getsu
they all end in getsu
also it would explain why tite kubo hid kyoka suigetsus powers