PDA

View Full Version : Shounen Tsugihagi Hyoryu Sakka by Nishi Kouhei

barbapapa
April 23, 2006, 08:18 PM
aka Patched-up Wandering Writer, I guess =P

I decided to do the first chapter coz this manga looks really promising, and I was lucky that Shinwei used his fabulous translating skills to whip up a script!

The filesize turned out a bit on the big side XD but that's my mistake, wont happen again (I guess)
But hey if you really wanna read it, download it xD

edit: okay here's the v2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/h79i58
I couldnt get the filesize down... >.>
but at least the font looks better =P

NeoShweaty
April 23, 2006, 09:53 PM
an hq release would take forever for one person to do. You would need to get a team of cleaners especially because it is 50+ pages

barbapapa
April 23, 2006, 10:06 PM
v1 link now replaced with v2 ;-°

Ayah
April 24, 2006, 04:07 AM
Downloaded, and will be read shortly. Thanks for releasing this :amuse

Miso
April 24, 2006, 02:37 PM
Wow - really sweet. :ossu
I must say I cannot say anything against the quality. It's a very good MQ release and given that you only did it yourself it's superb. As already said it's quite difficult to make a HQ release without help from other members.

I would offer to host it here at Mangahelpers (I assume you will going on with scanlating) but unfortunately it's 30 MB big.
If you are interested in us hosting it I would like to ask you to shrink it to a smaller size - something around 5 - 8 MB.
Perhaps the Tutorial Section (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?board=23.0) can help you here, especially this compendium: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2433.0

barbapapa
April 24, 2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the links, I'll look into resizing the file. But I doubt I'll get it any smaller than the original filesize of 15MB y'know

About the quality, well the raw was pretty good so that helps in overall quality. It was easy to work on.

edit: okay I got it down to 22MB; but thats the most I can do for now I think

wether I will keep scanlating this btw, will depend on available translations =)

Galth
April 24, 2006, 05:42 PM
Forgot to thank you for this one :)

So: Thank you!

That SushiBar Manga group will perhaps release a better quality one, but this is a great indication of the manga's quality, and a step to introduce other people to it :D Dus: goed gedaan, en zorg dat er zo meer komen! :p

amtt
April 25, 2006, 02:31 PM
lol Yes Sbm (Sushi Bar Manga) my group will realese a better one im just saying thanks cause yours is good for now :eyeroll

Kyuzo
April 27, 2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah, mine is really HQ. I'm going to release it in two parts I think. I have 21 pages done so far. Not quite sure why you had to steal our project but whatever.

barbapapa
April 27, 2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, mine is really HQ. I'm going to release it in two parts I think. I have 21 pages done so far. Not quite sure why you had to steal our project but whatever.

Steal? I'm sorry I didnt know you bought the rights to this manga. And noone had done this before I did, so technically I can call you the one that's stealing. But I'm not childish.

Koen
April 28, 2006, 09:11 AM
First of all,

It was I who begged shinwei to do the translation... and pwned hokage did a scanlation which for me was very good... If he didn't clean it, I must say why cleaning it...

So thanks pwned hokage, thanks shinwei....

I also thanks kyuzo and amtt to with SBM the tsugihagi manga... I really want that manga to be scanlated, and I'm waiting for chapter two... So please, do not argue... The project isn't stolen or something, it were two freelancers working on it...

shinwei
April 28, 2006, 09:37 AM
Not quite sure why you had to steal our project but whatever.

Please, no fighting over the rights of scanlating. This kind of stuff really discourages me from translating at all.

Kyuzo
April 29, 2006, 01:44 PM
Tsugihagi Hyoryu Sakka c001 HQ: http://amtt.yourfreewebspace.com/Tsugihagi/Tsugihagi_Hyoryu_Sakka_c001[SBM].zip

I don't have the ftp passwords to our group's website, www.mangawarehouse.com (http://www.mangawarehouse.com), so for now I just uploaded it to amtt's freewebspace. Enjoy.

Galth
April 29, 2006, 02:08 PM
Thanks ^^
*downloading*[br]Posted at: April 29, 2006, 08:08:06 PM_________________________________________________25 MB!!! :faint
Why is it so hard to get this chapter small? :p

NeoShweaty
April 29, 2006, 02:15 PM
what happened to bobobo?

barbapapa
April 29, 2006, 02:16 PM
Well the raw was 15mb too y'know... smallest I got it was 22

Galth
April 29, 2006, 02:17 PM
Well... it was a huge ( first ) chapter ofcourse, with colour pages, so it was to be expected i guess =P

Kyuzo
April 29, 2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I didn't want to lower the quality so I didn't try and get the size down. The fact that it's 54 pages with a few color is the reason.

what happened to bobobo?

We're still scanlating Bo-bobo. Nothing happened. Every week we will release one chapter of Bo-bobo and one chapter of Tsugihagi.  :amuse Our translator has sent me scripts up to chapter 018 of Bo-bobo and he should be done with chapter 002 of Tsugihagi soon.

If you're looking for our Bo-bobo scanlations you can find them at www.mangawarehouse.com

NeoShweaty
April 29, 2006, 06:15 PM
you could have probably saved the quality and lowered the size if you changed the number of colors that photoshop saves it as.

Kyuzo
April 29, 2006, 06:27 PM
you could have probably saved the quality and lowered the size if you changed the number of colors that photoshop saves it as.

Good point, but it's not really worth it because it's only two color pages and at best it would lower it a couple megabytes. Future chapters will be much smaller file size though because they are only 21 pages, and once the chapter gets up on our site it will be a faster download speed.

NeoShweaty
April 29, 2006, 06:31 PM
who was talking about the color pages? i hadnt thought of those. I was talking about the black and white pages. You can lower the number of greys, blacks and whites it is saved in because there are duplicates and such that arent needed

Kyuzo
April 29, 2006, 06:41 PM
who was talking about the color pages? i hadnt thought of those. I was talking about the black and white pages. You can lower the number of greys, blacks and whites it is saved in because there are duplicates and such that arent needed

hmm, I will look into that. Can you direct me to a tutorial for that?

NeoShweaty
April 29, 2006, 06:46 PM
not needed. Instead of regular saving just go to save for web, and change the save as type (i think that is what it is) to png-8. Then just set the colors to 16 and raise and lower as you see fit. You can also compare it to the original to see just how low you can go before the quality is affected. You could also just use png crush but i have never gotten it to work and the photoshop way doesnt take that much more time once you figure out a good number for all the pages

promfret
April 30, 2006, 04:18 PM
Kyuzo, the link is down...... any other links for chapter 1??

Kyuzo
April 30, 2006, 05:38 PM
Kyuzo, the link is down...... any other links for chapter 1??

The link works fine, you need to copy and paste it into your browser though because the forums takes out [SBM].zip from the link.

promfret
May 01, 2006, 12:15 AM
oh... hahahahha, silly me... thanks!

kunno
May 01, 2006, 01:36 AM
hm...
so is it being done by sushi bar manga
thats good

Katekyo
June 14, 2006, 12:07 AM
We just released the first chapter of Tsugihagi Hyoryu Sakka.

You can grab it on our site: http://jumpscans.wordpress.com/

We'll be releasing the next two chapters sometime this week. I think the series is pretty good, it reminds me of One Piece and Hunter x Hunter meshed together.

Koen
June 14, 2006, 02:22 AM
yeah, this one really is great. Its pretty good and it has potantial, like the story too and you guys it will certainly be a good one. Ask the raw-readers of tsugihagi. I think you are right with the comparison with HXH, difference: this one seems cooler.

:D :D :D go read it you guys :D :D :D

shinwei
June 14, 2006, 09:43 AM
Not bad. Here's some typesetting tips:

1) Whenever typing a word in Japanese like "hyoryuroku", use italics.
2) Feel free to split up "hyoryu" and "roku" into different lines, since they're not exactly one word, and text in bubbles always look better with the diamond shape.
3) Text on background. This is where I feel a little bit of work can make a world of difference. The proper way to do text on background, is to use Outer Glow and not Stroke. Outer Glow settings should be: 100% opacity, 50% spread, 5px size. This will make the text a lot more readable than a simple 2px stroke.

Katekyo
June 14, 2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the advice, I will be sure to use it on future releases.

NeoShweaty
June 14, 2006, 09:43 PM
are you guys planning on doing reborn? cause it seems like you guys will after seeing the banner on the site.

also, i would suggest reading the rampage guide on cleaning since you are doing jump series because i think you guys need to redo the greys for both of your series since the scan greys are so bad also just to make the releases HQ but i dont know if you have enough editors for it.

Katekyo
June 14, 2006, 09:54 PM
are you guys planning on doing reborn? cause it seems like you guys will after seeing the banner on the site.

also, i would suggest reading the rampage guide on cleaning since you are doing jump series because i think you guys need to redo the greys for both of your series since the scan greys are so bad also just to make the releases HQ but i dont know if you have enough editors for it.

No, we're not doing Reborn! unless KEFI drops it, just used it for the banner. I may make a Tsugihagi one when more color art of it comes out. I will talk to our editors about that and check out the Rampage guide tonight. I think the Tsugihagi chapter turned out pretty HQ though, Murasame-kun was our first release and was a very LQ raw to boot and, believe me, will be our lowest quality release ever lol.

NeoShweaty
June 14, 2006, 09:59 PM
here is a link to it: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2433.0

Katekyo
June 14, 2006, 10:02 PM
I see what you mean. I'm going to have my editors start using these grey patterns, that should make it easier than doing it from scratch.

NeoShweaty
June 14, 2006, 10:03 PM
I look forward to seeing more of the unappreciated jump series getting released. I know i have one of them in the works.

Katekyo
June 17, 2006, 09:44 PM
Chapter 002 is out!

Download at our site: http://jumpscans.wordpress.com/

karasu
June 18, 2006, 07:48 AM
lol.. it's a quite interesting series..
funny, his idiocy is a bit irritating to my appetite.. the plot is good..
who would've thought of manga about people making journals :D
heck, there's even bread-making mangas :D
also, the mysterious main character and the environment settings open up possibilities for various plot twists..

thanks guys..

Ayah
June 18, 2006, 09:39 AM
Downloading chapter 2! Thank you :amuse

Katekyo
June 20, 2006, 10:34 PM
Chapter 003 is out!

Download at: http://jump-scans.pillars-gaming.com

NeoShweaty
June 21, 2006, 05:44 PM
Due to recent comments on my part, Many of jump-scans people decided to go on a crusade to defend their editor of Shaman King among other things. I'll be the first to admit that my language was too course to be perceived as i intended, which was as constructive criticism. I later went on to say that I just wanted to help out a rookie group out a little. I want to see the scanlation scene grow and the more talented groups there are then the faster it can happen. My intent was never to offend the group despite the way i said things. I am sorry and i would hope we can get past this mess.

(here is what i am referring to: http://www.stoptazmo.com/showthread.php?t=12561)

CeZ ®
June 21, 2006, 08:32 PM
hey NeoShweaty.... i guess our excuse is welcome, and i have to say we got irritated
fairly easily, anyway, that thingie is closed...

i hope everyone will enjoy Tsugihagi Hyoru Sakka, as much as i do...
and from now on, i will try my best to do also the grey parts, which i neglected in chapter 001

Galth
June 22, 2006, 04:41 AM
i cannot download Tsugihagi c2 and 3 for some reason... is the animeorg server down? :huh

Katekyo
June 22, 2006, 08:44 AM
Yeah, it will be back up soon, sorry for the inconvenience. Get it off lurk for now.

edit:// All fixed. Downloads are back up. :smile-big

CeZ ®
June 25, 2006, 04:03 PM
DOUBLE RELEASE, Chapter 004 and 005 are now ready to be downloaded :P

grab them here http://jump-scans.pillars-gaming.com/?page_id=5

Galth
June 25, 2006, 11:57 PM
Sweet! <3
*catches up again*

Gold Knight
June 29, 2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks for doing this guys :)

NeoShweaty
June 29, 2006, 10:36 PM
hopefully ill have the raw for chapter 11 up for you soon so look for it.

Galth
June 30, 2006, 06:57 AM
hopefully ill have the raw for chapter 11 up for you soon so look for it.

Are you getting them better versions of the raws? Because i have the versions The Touch posted every week here...?

Anyway, great work guys, you can definatly see ( and the manga itself for that matter ) you are improving :amuse

NeoShweaty
June 30, 2006, 08:04 AM
i meant the newest raw. I just post what i get off of share. I dont know how to tell straight off of the filename if it is higher quality or not

Galth
June 30, 2006, 08:16 AM
i meant the newest raw. I just post what i get off of share. I dont know how to tell straight off of the filename if it is higher quality or not

If you meant chapter 21? The Touch posted it a few days ago methinks, at least i have that too... :amuse

NeoShweaty
June 30, 2006, 08:17 AM
oh yeah, that brings up a good point. I was thinking of another series. I couldnt read the kanji for it but i think it was Taizo. I should be able to find 22 for this series when i get home

CeZ ®
July 04, 2006, 08:42 AM
well, sorry to inform you guys, but prolly Weekly Shonen Jump is gonna force tsugi to an end, due to low popularity >_>
its not final yet, but if im correct, then in jump #32, tsugi meets with death (lol)
anyway, i am not sure if we are gonna continue scanlating it, cause it seems a lot of ppl lost interest....

NeoShweaty
July 04, 2006, 09:06 AM
The series has been cancelled. I mean you guys should finish it out! Don't let it die in the rest of the world

Galth
July 04, 2006, 09:12 AM
I agree, i will still read your releases, and i know others will, so if you could finish this series, it would be awesome, and now you aren't so pushed by the time factor anymore either... :oh

So, blah, here's for hoping you keep doing this guys ;)

CeZ ®
July 05, 2006, 06:25 AM
Chapter 6 Released

grab it at our site -> http://jump-scans.pillars-gaming.com/?page_id=5

hope everyone likes it :D

Galth
July 05, 2006, 07:33 AM
i do... *_*

first arc completed? :amuse

The Touch
July 06, 2006, 09:10 AM
Final page of Tsugihagi. ;_;

http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc158/th_81112_tsugihagi_final_158lo.jpg (http://img144.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=81112_tsugihagi_final_158lo.jpg)

NeoShweaty
July 06, 2006, 11:55 AM
I dont know if this means anything to jump-scans but the first volume is coming out in july and i know that means that you guys may get an opportunity to do it in higher quality much more easily

here is the cover for the first volume:
http://books.shueisha.co.jp/search/book_image/4-08-874133-1.jpg

vlado
July 08, 2006, 04:05 PM
For the moment i think we dropped it.....

CeZ ®
July 12, 2006, 12:04 PM
For the moment i think we dropped it.....

we? since when are u in the group? :S

NeoShweaty
July 12, 2006, 12:08 PM
vlado isnt? i thought he was a member, came off to me as one

CeZ ®
July 12, 2006, 12:13 PM
vlado isnt? i thought he was a member, came off to me as one

well, he isnt. athough he thinks he is >_>

NeoShweaty
July 12, 2006, 12:29 PM
Well, you should tell him not to go lookin for raws for a series that he isnt doing that is being scanlated by you guys. I figure i should give you the same thing i gave him then. lemme see if i still have the link to the hq murasame-kun 4 in my inbox

Koen
July 12, 2006, 12:52 PM
thanks neo

NeoShweaty
July 16, 2006, 10:51 PM
sent it to ceasarr. You're welcome. I am just trying to help out some of the fledgling groups out there.[br]Posted on: July 12, 2006, 12:55:20 PM_________________________________________________here is some bad news for any fans of the series(at least for now):
The Tsugihagi Hyroryu Sakka news..
This manga ended in weekly shonen jump and was rushed. We talked about it in the group and decided that it would be better for us to just wait and scan the volume of this manga rather then to continue workingon the low quality jump scans.
The first volume of Tsugihagi Hyroryu sakka will be out soon, so expect a HQ release in the coming weeks .

ddadain
July 23, 2006, 01:07 PM
Cough... someone else will release this thing >_> *cough cough*

NeoShweaty
July 23, 2006, 10:24 PM
are you saying that as fact? i wonder if you're talking about F-M

ddadain
July 24, 2006, 03:05 AM
Yeah... we will *cough* it... XD

CeZ ®
July 27, 2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah... we will *cough* it... XD

and who are "you" ? :]

NeoShweaty
July 27, 2006, 09:30 PM
Fucking-manga

ddadain
August 06, 2006, 06:44 AM
we've released it ;_; chp 1 though XD >_<

ssjohn
September 17, 2006, 07:06 PM
I as a member of Jump-scans still want to do it >___< i just don't have a scanner or i would buy V1-2 and scan it T__T i love this manga it sucks that it was rushed but i hope J-S will be able to finnish it. (I know we kindof droped it but dang it i want to bring it back from the dead and just do a whole vol releases (like what Yanime did w/the final vols of Ichigo 100%)

clarkdave
June 27, 2007, 03:24 AM
This is awesome :))

Thanks for the manga scanlations. I really appreciate it.